Speaker 1: Scrubbing in with Beca Tilly and Tanya Brad and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are.
Speaker 3: We are screw rubbing.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 4: That was my fault. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our engineer is.
Speaker 4: I apologize anything.
Speaker 2: I'm raw dogging to it.
Speaker 3: Let's just leave it. Tanya doesn't have headphones in. It's fine. We're scrubbing in.
Speaker 2: We are screw rubbing about us.
Speaker 3: We can swivel, pivot.
Speaker 2: Pivot on the flash of a dime. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was laughing at our episode with Haley and I said, and ticket sales are on sale.
Speaker 2: Now you're nervous.
Speaker 3: I don't. I go Haley, I think you made me nervous. I think she did. Yeah, she does not making me nervous. You blush a little bit.
Speaker 2: How you doing, dude?
Speaker 3: Good? Hoiden, I'm good, just fresh off of the three day weekend.
Speaker 2: Md w mm hmmmmm.
Speaker 3: Then what did you do?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Well, first things first, I don't know when to get into this, but the Survivor finale was crazy.
Speaker 6: I'd be careful because there are people that do not want to know who won who out.
Speaker 2: There has not seen.
Speaker 6: I don't know who won, and I'm being very careful about that.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, that's right, that's right there.
Speaker 3: At this point, there's no this is crazy.
Speaker 6: Do you want to talk about it because I can walk out of the room. Well, yeah, let me know when you're done.
Speaker 5: I won't spoil it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you kind of what happens.
Speaker 6: I want to hear about being there. That's just no names.
Speaker 5: Okay, sure, sure, great, And then when I say names, I'll tell you to vacate the premise.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So oh, this is the first Survivor finale that they've had since the pandemic, so pre Pandy. This is no live sorry Live finale. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 5: We were there with the Pod meets World boys.
Speaker 6: I do enjoy those boys.
Speaker 3: Are you strong? Yes?
Speaker 4: And will Fredell?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: And they were really cute and sweet and we were all on the same road together. So we show up. It's like basically it's filming is from five to eight pm. Check in is from two thirty to four thirty. And I was like, babe, I need we need to get there like as early as possible because they scare you. They're like, if you're not in your seats by four forty five, like your seats are gone. And I was like, if there's a long line, like the last thing I want to do is like show up again, show up in white, get kicked out, show up late, get kicked out. Like that's not what I want.
Speaker 2: So we pick up Sabby from school, pick them up early.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 2: We're like the first ones there.
Speaker 5: They check you in, they put you in like kind of like a holding room where there's like water and like some snacks, et cetera. We are Ding Dong's and we were in the press line and there was like press badges, but I wasn't like press, like.
Speaker 2: I wasn't doing interviews, so I didn't think to.
Speaker 3: You were a fan.
Speaker 5: I was a fan fan first, so I didn't think to grab the press badge. Had we grab the press badges, we could have gone to the carpet where Boston Rob was, where all the contestants were. They were doing fun like games like the Survivor games for people.
Speaker 3: How did you know I was there?
Speaker 5: I realized it as I was watching social media and I was like, oh, that's where that's I think where we were meant to go. So that was a sad realization. However, it did not damper our our time because we we show over with the We were the first ones to enter the whole like thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty cute. Robably got a video.
Speaker 6: It's not Television City anyway.
Speaker 2: It was the Paramount Studios in Hollywood.
Speaker 6: Oh cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but listen to how crazy this is.
Speaker 5: Every single chair in the auditorium fourteen hundred people had our name on it. Oh wow, like every chair was accounted for.
Speaker 6: Those are some busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you spy any name, any exciting names when you're walking in?
Speaker 5: Yes? So there were like past survivor contestants like sitting around us that we were excited about.
Speaker 2: Some of them were on the.
Speaker 5: Show Traders, and so like that was like fun to kind of see. So everybody files in and basically during so what they do is they show like the stuff that they aired in Fiji, and then they cut to live present moment finale. Right, so like you're all watching a show on a screen that happened in Fiji a year ago. But then Jeff Probes is live in studio with you, doing some stuff with certain contestants that have been.
Speaker 6: Right in and out of commercials and out of commercials.
Speaker 5: Correct, So it's like kind of live but also kind of taped. Okay, okay, you might want to leave the premise.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you very much. I'll see you.
Speaker 5: So actually want I won't use So we're watching the show. Okay, now we're down to the final four, no names, final four. But what they do at the final four is to go in to the final three and then the other two make fire and it's like this like competition. They make fire, whoever burns the thing, and then the flag goes out. They go to the final three. Okay, so we're watching we know, we now see and they make this whole story arc out of it. This person doesn't know how to make fire, but then they're getting taught how to make fire, and that's gonna be like this big comeback and you're like whoa. So we see them go in cuts to commercial or cuts to live. Jeff Probes walks out. He brings out one of the people who's in the live fire making contest, and in my mind, I'm like, this feels risky. This is a contestant. They're not media trained, they don't know what they're gonna say.
Speaker 2: What if they blow it?
Speaker 5: You know, and then surely they're gonna bring out the second person making fire right after to interview them. Jeff says, and now here's your final member of the jury and has him sit down, and we're all like, like, everybody's like looking around, like we didn't see that. We didn't see him lose, So we're all freaking out, like what's going on? And then Jeff goes what just happened, Like what what have you guys seen? And so everybody's like, we don't know who won, and all the people in the juries and they're like they didn't see them do fire.
Speaker 3: So then they come, you haven't seen the news like this is a sideline.
Speaker 6: Jeff Probes accidentally reveals winners that stay far away from that story.
Speaker 5: I know have chills thinking about it because it was so we're like, surely this.
Speaker 2: Is not live, Like this is crazy.
Speaker 5: They just spoil like it's a spoiler in like the biggest episode of the whatever. We go on social media to check, and sure enough, people in New York were posting like what just happened, Oh yeah, phones, yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: The age of social media. They want you to hire.
Speaker 5: They they put him on airplane mode, which I'm probably the only or that did. But I was like, I was getting a lot of amber alerts that day because they was like and I was like, if my phone goes off and I get kicked out again, I was like, I just want to stay in here.
Speaker 3: Amber alerts for fires, just like to maybe read those every No anyway.
Speaker 5: Anyways, justids the point I put my phone on on a airplane mode like a loser, and so we're like, oh my gosh, Like it was like such a crazy thing. So then I guess they cut to commercial and uh, Jeff comes out and he's like asking the audience like what just like he had no idea.
Speaker 2: So then like they think on their feet so fast.
Speaker 5: They come back and Jeff is like, you know, season fifty in the hands of the fans, we're doing things differently. So now we're going to show you fire because we just spoiled it for you. So here we are watching, you know, like the way they pivoted it was like we're gonna we're going to tell you what happens before it happens about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, changing it out this year, Yeah, I wonder if they changed it for the West Coast broadcast or for the Paramount plus Stream.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: People were like, I did. I think they fit, Like I think they left all that in.
Speaker 5: Wow, they must have, because there's no way you can flip it around that fast. And then they started they wove it in through the rest of the show like making like poking fun of it. But what I found interesting is like people were like, I can't believe Jeff Probes. He's such a pro how did he make that big mistake? And I'm like, that's not Jeff Probes. That's literally like they had all the seats out for the jury, like those.
Speaker 2: Are all segmented in blocks. Those are producers people.
Speaker 5: Jeff's not watching the show back live. He's just worried about the next thing he has to hit. That's like a lot of people that had to fail to make that happen, like a lot.
Speaker 6: That's nuts.
Speaker 2: So anyways, it was crazy.
Speaker 5: It was like total maham and I feel so honored that I was there to witness it.
Speaker 3: It's iconic. It was iconic.
Speaker 5: It was iconic. And then and then they revealed the winner. Were you happy?
Speaker 3: Were you happy with the winners?
Speaker 6: So not really I'm scared right now, but you're going to say a gender or something.
Speaker 5: What was left? I'm happy with the winner. Oh with what was left, yes, like it wouldn't have been my choice, but with what was given to me in the finale. I'm happy with who was given.
Speaker 3: And not what. That's not giving anything away.
Speaker 2: Season given?
Speaker 5: Okay, well great, yeah, excellent season. I'm I also heard that a scrubber, a big scrubber, is in season fifty one.
Speaker 7: Alert.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know which one she is one hundred percent yet, but I saw the trailer.
Speaker 6: And I haven't.
Speaker 5: I have a hunch.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, that's crazy crazy, how exciting?
Speaker 5: So exciting?
Speaker 3: When does that begin?
Speaker 2: Once a year they do?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What are they doing for fifty one? Because they got to do something different, don't they?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think you mean, I think fifty one is going to be new.
Speaker 6: People understood, but they got to do a whole new I guess it's the new era, another new era starting because after fifty if.
Speaker 2: Release something different.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seemed similar, run of the mill Survivor. But but I do think they're going to be bringing people back more because I think people really enjoy seeing yeah, other people come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but only if it's a it would they bring people back from previous seasons with just random people that are there for the first time that has happened before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really really that's a little advantage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree, but it could be a disadvantage because you're gonn want to get that person out because they already know yes, correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like, what's the point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like seeing old players come back.
Speaker 3: Did you ever do Survivor?
Speaker 6: Mark, No, couldn't. It'd be terrible. I mean, it's fun to think about, but in reality never Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't mean that. I don't think I can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I can't do kidding me, I.
Speaker 3: Just don't have to see if anyone was still an extra confidence today. See.
Speaker 5: And I do feel like the new era Survivor is a little bit like I'm like, people are wearing like sports coats and stuff like back in the day. Like back in the day it was brutal, like they had bug bites all over then, like they.
Speaker 2: Looked withered, weathered and withered.
Speaker 5: Now I feel like it's a little less intense of the surviving.
Speaker 6: So do you see their legs every time they sit for an interview, their legs are torn up.
Speaker 2: The feet, the feet gets are really dark.
Speaker 5: I'm like, why I can't handle it.
Speaker 3: It's just showing that things are legit bad out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I have to say it was like such a core life memory and uh, really really cool.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. I mean, what a dream getting to go to a live show of your live viewing of your favorite show. Like my biggest loss is not getting to go to a friends recording since they did that, but you can say that you got to see one of your favorite shows live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll be back if they do it the press.
Speaker 3: Bad and she won't bring it her press bad. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I wonder if they're gonna keep doing the finales live from now on or if they were like.
Speaker 3: That was a lot. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: But between that Off Campus and and Love Island coming back next week, like I am Heaven, I.
Speaker 3: Did start off Campus and the first two episode, like I was, I was about to just never trust anyone again with TV shows because I was like, it wasn't so much that they were that bad. It wasn't the worst show I've ever seen, but it was that it was the hype that I was like, alright, is the bar on the ground, like, what's happening? But it's gotten so much better.
Speaker 2: Have you finished?
Speaker 3: No, I'm still on episode six. I haven't started it, but that's where i'm starting, So.
Speaker 2: So you still have six, seven, and eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if that's still thing.
Speaker 4: I was gonna watch it because everyone's saying it's so good, and then when I found out it was straight people, I was.
Speaker 3: So good. You said he did rivalry. Who's so? When you said that on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I was like, Oh, I thought it was hockey players was hockey.
Speaker 2: I think it's getting compared to it because it's hockey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, I don't want to watch straight people over there.
Speaker 3: So here's my my take on it. The well, first, the music's amazing. I love the music. But you compared it to a c W show, and the first two episodes were giving ABC family like, So that's my take.
Speaker 5: If you're have you respect, if you disrespect.
Speaker 3: Have you started it yet? I would say the first two episodes, you go in and you're getting introduced to it. But then once episode three starts, things start picking up. And I do understand the c W reference because there's multiple guys that like this girl and they're all like it is very c w in this s she's kind of like the musical like artsy girl and these three like.
Speaker 5: Hot guys are all pining never was me, and you're like, never was me and you're always wish it was.
Speaker 3: Which one is she gonna choose? Who am I supposed to be rooting for? So I get that element of like it, and I think the girl is so cute And I never realized she was British in real life.
Speaker 5: It's crazy when actress have accents like that. I'm like, blow, that made me feel more impressed by her. Yeah, I could be more and more impressed with.
Speaker 3: Her, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, she I was already like she's really cute and great actress, but then she ampted up knowing that she has a British accent. Yeah, the guys are all very cute. I just can't really tell what I'm who I'm supposed to Like, where are my what direction am I supposed to be?
Speaker 2: Plain and simple?
Speaker 3: Paragram told me it's a two yerne adventure. She's like, they're all cute, so and they're all seem like nice guys. You can choose your own adventure unless something happens that I'm not prepared for. No, nothing happens, but yeah, they watch it but know that there's no gay gayness. Well the there's a sister who's non binary, who is Jules the blonde. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's no love story around them.
Speaker 2: But Jules has no love story.
Speaker 4: But they are people don't deserve love.
Speaker 2: It's like Gossip Girl essentially.
Speaker 3: They are. They are like the social media behind the hockey team, the lore. Okay, yeah, there you go, Easton.
Speaker 5: But if I may give one critique because I'm TV executive, what I enjoy watching is like the pining, Like I love the like the yearning, the like are they going to get together? Are they not? Like is she going to keep pushing him away? Is he going to keep fighting for her? Like that's like I love that, And I feel like we get to the goal pun intended quite quickly, right, And I could have used like.
Speaker 2: A full eight episodes of just the pining.
Speaker 3: No, not even eight episodes, but I could have waited.
Speaker 5: Till the very last episode of the season to see they got together.
Speaker 3: But That's why I'm curious if something exciting or a shocking twist happened in the next few episodes because it felt like there was a bliss so so soon.
Speaker 5: I think I was like reading some of the things that like she had to cut some of the episodes down because like they don't give ten episode seasons right off the bat. You prove your prove your groove.
Speaker 3: I think she proved it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think she proved it too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you're you're not alone. And like I said, I'm I'm gonna like I'm excited to finish it. So I'm not I'm not like hate watching it at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, for the first two episodes, I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: The first episode had me in a absolute chokehold.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 2: And it's so funny.
Speaker 5: So Robbie and I we watch all of our TV shows like together, if we watch something separate after he goes to sleep or whatever. This is the first time that he's like kind of like he sits there and like watches it. And his remarks were I was just like, get out of here, Like I'll let.
Speaker 2: You watch all the sports you want.
Speaker 5: I don't talk trash on your hoops and your tall men, so stay down.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's his issue? What's he saying, I.
Speaker 5: Mean there's a couple of scenes that are like.
Speaker 4: They showed Dick in it, right, Yes, they do.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 2: Yet when lot of Dick, I've seen the.
Speaker 5: Last episode, I think for like second to last episode, not that I episode eight mini, but I'm not episode seven or episode eight.
Speaker 3: Well, everyone's very cute, and I do I do feel like the acting and like I said, the music is great, so I would rate it seven out of ten.
Speaker 2: I give it a ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: Yes, where does it ring? And in terms of barbecue brawl so very different, I know, but like in terms of like being last.
Speaker 7: Night, oh my gosh, no spoilers the holidays, does.
Speaker 3: You gotta step out? Uh reminder everyone, if you haven't already, please go buy your Girls Like Girls tickets.
Speaker 5: Literally, yeah, we're already on mine.
Speaker 3: We got some sold out theaters already, so we got two.
Speaker 5: Tickets by the skin of our teeth. This morning, I went on at like I think it was nine am, and we're like in one of the first three rows because it was either like the first three or the very last row.
Speaker 3: That's interesting that you would choose the first three of the last row.
Speaker 2: We want to be as close as possible.
Speaker 3: Energy. Yeah, of course, so yeah, go do that. There's also so she did. This is the first time they've done this, I think. But you can sign up to get your own link, and then if depending on how many tickets you sell, you can win prizes and merchants stuff, So it's like your own affiliate link. So the winner I think, I don't know if she's announced, but it's a really good prize.
Speaker 2: Okay, you probably shouldn't spill.
Speaker 4: Easton Alan on Instagram if you want to buy your girls like girls.
Speaker 3: Tickets Atilly, So yeah, go do that. I loved our episode with Haley. It was so cute.
Speaker 5: Where's our dance?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna post it today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's go liveing. Okay, So since it is Memorial Day or well, it just passed, so we're past memorally, so it's like officially summer. I think we should all make our predictions because last summer we failed so bad.
Speaker 2: What the Song of the Summer is gonna be?
Speaker 3: This is my favorite thing that we do, and I don't think anyone's ever gotten it.
Speaker 5: So we take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 6: We're by.
Speaker 3: Song of the Summer, where we thrive most here it's scrubbing in finger on the pulse breaking.
Speaker 5: I'm not having a very interesting choice, but I'm sticking by it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's just we're picking one, right.
Speaker 5: We're picking one.
Speaker 6: Last year we did honorable mentions.
Speaker 3: Still no one got it.
Speaker 2: But correct, we did an honorable mention.
Speaker 3: Yes, we all had to, but that didn't help us at all. Here's my question is are we it's hard because there's so many album albums and music that's still to come. That's very true within the next month or so.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I understand.
Speaker 5: No, Okay, we can revisit. How about you revisit a fourth of July weekend.
Speaker 3: If we need to switch it up, write that down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the rule being, you can only add a song that has been new since Memorial Day.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: This You can only choose a song.
Speaker 5: If you want to replace the song you're choosing, you can only replace it with a since then newer song.
Speaker 4: Like if a banger comes out.
Speaker 5: In like if you don't pick Harry Styles American Girls Today, it's gone.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's off the table. Ariana's coming to Olivia's going eligible.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 2: Mark understands, okay, and he would like to go first.
Speaker 6: You are chomping at a bit. I think you should go first.
Speaker 2: So my first choice for Song of the Summer, I thought it was only one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pending fourth of July alterations.
Speaker 5: Will get an honorable mention. Okay, oh yeah, okay, So my song is going to be bed on fire g flip.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good one though. It's having a moment on Uh, it was on.
Speaker 2: It's so happen.
Speaker 5: It's super fun, it feels like summer. It makes me want to jump around, it makes me feel like I want to have a popsicle in the pool with the espresso in my hand. Yes, So that is my choice for Song of Summer twenty twenty six, with my honorable mention going to American girls hairy styles.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't that have happened by now? If it was going to happen, I thank.
Speaker 5: You Mark for your concern. I think it's going to grow as he continues to tour.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to grow as his hair grows back, which it is growing back, and I'm enjoying the tour videos more. Yeah. I'm here to say yeah, and I've noted the comments really validate my feelings because they're like, Okay, we're coming, he's coming back, he's heating up, he was just a little rusty.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So those are my that's my pick and my honorable mention who wants to go second?
Speaker 3: Okay, So just clarifying, I can only pick a song that's currently out.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I mean you can't.
Speaker 3: I've heard Haley's album, so I was gonna say, that's fine.
Speaker 5: If you've heard it, that's fine. I'm just like, I personally would have chosen Ariana Grande perhaps, but I haven't heard it, so I just feel like I don't want to speak too soon.
Speaker 3: Okay. Mine is gonna be Die for You. It's Hailey Kyoko featuring Young Miko. It's like makes you want to be in a it's a very summary and it makes you want to be like on a beach in Mexico. Okay, and my honorable mention is going to be Orbiter by Noah.
Speaker 5: Con That feels unlikely, so fat chance on that.
Speaker 3: Fine, I'll go Midnight sun Zara Larson.
Speaker 2: Oh why okay?
Speaker 3: I love her? I love her?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, thanks, Okay, So I think it's having a moment right now, so I don't know if it's going to sustain the momentum. But I really think I Choose in Texas by La Langley can can take us through those hot months at Mark Mark hates this song.
Speaker 6: I'm offended by its existence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mark hates it.
Speaker 6: What is it I heard all about? Oh my gosh, it's so buzzy this Choose in Texas. Oh my gosh, it's like crossing over to top Fortyes, so big. So I'm going to give this a listen. There's never been a more generic country song I've ever heard in my life. So I don't understand what the appeal is. It's like every other country song.
Speaker 3: Not it is.
Speaker 5: It's not you don't even listen to country, I know. But every time I hear Choosing Texas, it makes me want to like put on a cowboy hat, dig my cowboys shoes.
Speaker 6: In, and like that's what country music does.
Speaker 3: Not Mark Mark isn't an Lfella clearly not a Langley.
Speaker 4: Luke Brian has a song called fish Hunt Golf Drink, and that, to me is more generic. I think Ella's got it through the summer. I'm very impressed by what she's accomplished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good that's honestly a good, guess.
Speaker 4: And I think in my honorable mention is good. Oh a Lush Life by Zara Larson which came out in twenty eighteen and is coming down.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a Zara Larson summer. Yes, if she wants it to be really.
Speaker 6: Really does feel like it is between that and the State Side. So I would say, first of all, I think it's actually going to be whatever Olivia Rodrigo has upper sleeve when this album comes out. But since I have the big stuff that's already out, you drop Dead, I don't think it's dropped dead. I drop dead is already on its way down.
Speaker 3: It's dead.
Speaker 5: That's not good.
Speaker 6: I think it has peaked, but it's coming down. That's why she released a cure, because that's kind of how you time it out. But I will say I do like Homewrecker. I think home Wreckers.
Speaker 5: Are really good honestly, so it's like one of my favorite songs of all time.
Speaker 6: Wow, well yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Spoiler.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 3: I'm like of all time in a specific genre, just like like.
Speaker 5: All the time of my life. I think it is so earwormy and like it's good.
Speaker 6: Chorus is really good.
Speaker 5: However, I feel like it's a little old and that's how Midnight Sun as well. But I'm gonna not take those away from you, guys.
Speaker 6: I'm going to go home wrecker with an honorable mention of Midnight Sun and saving olivera Drigo for our big Fourth of July extravaganza.
Speaker 3: Wow, I do think Olivia and Arianna are going to give us some summer bops. I'm didn't get enough recognition in my and from Ariana Grande. It's is gaving me the title of it because I can just hear the chorus, don't you don't No, no, no, it's from her. It's from recently.
Speaker 2: Of recent years.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm so upset. I can't. I can never remember.
Speaker 2: It was very memorable.
Speaker 3: No I can. It's not like I'm stand over you. It's so bad the way you made Twilight Zone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I definitely had I got a lot of credit. No, it didn't.
Speaker 3: I feel like I did not get the credit and deserved. But I'm glad that. I'm just hoping for more songs as such. I'm happy for.
Speaker 5: Did not get its flowers, actually did, I'm really happy that deserves them.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry that I missed it. Okay, wait, this next conversation is something that I feel very scene by or called out for, okay, and it's it's something that millennials apparently do. And I want to talk about it because I felt very seen and also exposed. And we'll talk about it when I come back.
Speaker 5: Oh, I wanted to do something else. We get back, Well, we can do back.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're back.
Speaker 5: I can't I'm not dogging. I can't hear it.
Speaker 3: Oh my.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh still so confident too? So does does anyone in this room add lol to.
Speaker 5: The end of their messages or their tan of my texts?
Speaker 4: Everyone?
Speaker 3: It's apparently one of the biggest millennials stereotypes.
Speaker 2: Fine by me, and.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that, but I do it, and I don't know why. Sometimes I add LOL and I'm reading the message and I'm like, that wasn't an LOL message.
Speaker 5: I think it shows people that you're engaged, that you're laughing out loud with them, so you're.
Speaker 3: Actually we got loud if you muse it, I have LOL. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's nice, and it like it turns it to like a levity.
Speaker 4: I think millennials misjudge text with no punctuation as being negative or aggressive when they are not, and adding LOL softens that, which in reality is like if you just say yes with no punctuation, that's fine. But even me, just thinking about that makes me, Oh, they're mad at me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I always think Mark is mad at me.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear what the the traits are for people who use lol at the end of their text. According to doctor Dixon, who is a clinical sychologist, well, she says, these are the traits of someone who adds LOL. They they're worried about how they're perceived. They have anxiety, they fear over sharing, they want to be understood. They're empathetic, they value connection, they're sarcastic. I think mine is probably most attributed to they worry about how they're perceived, because I think that's what it is. I don't want to come.
Speaker 5: Across as to direct or too negative to negative. If I ever said like okay or yes or sure, what about k, it's okay l O L so they know it's like lights.
Speaker 3: But if you're serious.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly, what about punctuating with an emoji instead of L O L.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I hit them with both the emo and the lo O L.
Speaker 2: What the devious little one you are?
Speaker 5: Can we do my thing now?
Speaker 2: Talk L shifting gears.
Speaker 6: But that is why I do that. That's why I come off as cold on text because I don't do the L O L. I don't do the emoji. I just say what I want.
Speaker 4: You are.
Speaker 5: Like it could not use Antarctica like I have to be like you good wash and Mark Lol.
Speaker 6: That's why you come off as needy anxiety.
Speaker 3: Actually needy was not on the list. Mark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but well I am a little needy, especially when I'm on my period, which is now.
Speaker 3: And what do you need from me right now?
Speaker 2: I want us to do this?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 5: Okay, Trent, Okay, okay, okay, So I'll explain it to the people who don't know, because I didn't know this as of yesterday.
Speaker 2: Jesus, is it old?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just it's just everywhere. Is it old? I don't think it's old.
Speaker 2: But like Robbie said, you and Ali did it, and I was like, no, they did it.
Speaker 3: We did on TikTok. You're trying to find your breaking news. It's such a ginger cham. If you go to TikTok, you'll find the Wow. Okay, trend quick.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then do you want to explain it?
Speaker 5: Since you've seen so many.
Speaker 3: I feel I trust that you can do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's the trend.
Speaker 5: You take the words wow okay, and you all have to take turns and maybe since there's four of us, each one can like win around. We can see who wins each round okay, okay, so you do it in a supportive tone, a disappointed tone, a sarcastic tone, and a flirty tone. So whoever says it the best each round wins is the judge, though it has to be unanimous.
Speaker 3: Voute okay, So among you.
Speaker 6: Can judge maybe Sam, she's also gen Z or something?
Speaker 3: Okay, heavy?
Speaker 5: Do you want to judge this competition? Do you have communication with Mark so you can tell him who want?
Speaker 6: Each has a microphone?
Speaker 3: Is this working?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: I mean like on slacks so she can also like just I guess you just go to ye. I can't hear her because I'm wrong, I know, so sorry, Ivy, I can't hear you. But okay, may the force be with you.
Speaker 3: Let's just never tell telling you if she wins?
Speaker 6: Okay, no, come on.
Speaker 2: Point two point to whoever wonts thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Okay, so, uh let's do the supportive round.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, are you gonna start? Should we go this?
Speaker 5: I think we should go in alphabetical order.
Speaker 7: That would be Becca Okay, wow, okay, wow, okay, wow, okay, Owen.
Speaker 3: Wilson one wow really dark wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was the most supportive heavy I think Becca Dicks.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: Easton, you sounded a little passive aggressive. Yeah, yeah, you're giving sarcastics. Maybe use that for the sarcastic.
Speaker 4: I have been told lately that I have a bad tone a lot of the time.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is you'd l O L.
Speaker 4: When I speak. Yeah, okay, wow, okay.
Speaker 3: That's one.
Speaker 6: I was really supportive. The person was really opening up to me, and I was really wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, it didn't make me feel supported scared.
Speaker 5: Okay, next round is disappointed? Okay, take it away backa did she.
Speaker 6: Go first every time? Or she wroked down?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Okay wow, okay, wow, okay.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, Okay, that one was Easton for sure.
Speaker 3: I felt disappointed.
Speaker 6: If you're just joining us.
Speaker 5: And he's pointing to so, okay, next round is sarcastic, take it away back?
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, wow, okay, wow, okay.
Speaker 9: Wow, oh okay, no, not back in that time.
Speaker 3: Tell you I can't read you when you're doing these ones.
Speaker 6: I feel like she's having trouble reading you when you do the yea nail these.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mark got that? Wow this, I feel like you're trying to do your like a sonic voice.
Speaker 6: Like your voice audition is what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I can't hear. You're like a character. Last round, he said you're like a character, characature.
Speaker 5: Okay, heavy, thank goddess, flirty back, I take it away.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, I can't look at any of you I do this.
Speaker 8: Wow, okay, wow, okay.
Speaker 3: You can't make me laugh. That's not there. We're not allowed to look at the gas to see wow.
Speaker 6: Okay, China, did we just have a moment?
Speaker 3: Okay, you earned it. You're in your stripes. Whoa did give?
Speaker 7: Everybody gets to go on stars?
Speaker 3: That did not help.
Speaker 6: She was just trying to be fair and have everybody went shoo.
Speaker 3: Shoot.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it though, thank you.
Speaker 3: I want to absolutely stressed watching Tanya over. I imagine everybody will make an editor.
Speaker 5: Everybody like.
Speaker 2: Lip tear.
Speaker 3: Okay. I feel like we should end the episode with one deer Banya episode.
Speaker 5: I just I realized Easton saw the Mandalorian this weekend, and I just have to ask you, did you cry?
Speaker 4: Did I cry?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, Okay, that makes me feel so much better.
Speaker 4: There's a little baby character when they're doing like that chase in the like uh, and baby Yoda's in the like stroller.
Speaker 2: Is not Grogu Sorry I call him by his his other name.
Speaker 4: When Gregor's in the little stroller, it's like another little baby that's like about to get hit and he's like he looks like scared. For two seconds, that part made me cry.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, there's this part you would cry.
Speaker 3: I can't handle anything with so.
Speaker 5: Grogu' is like the it's like the baby, he's like the little Yoda and his master or I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know who's what's his dad?
Speaker 5: His dad?
Speaker 4: Oh that's his dad the Mandalori. Yeah, their condom is dad in that movie Rod of the is conom is dad?
Speaker 5: That not doing well? And uh, Grogu like curls up in his arm, and the way he curls up in his arm is the way Sonny curls up into our arms. And I just start sobbing in the middle of the theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't do all with this. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Robbie and the kids were like, not a sad movie.
Speaker 2: Why is she crying?
Speaker 4: He's never in peril or anything. It's always a sweet moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Well, I'm you enjoyed the movie aside from the sadness heres that you felt and not knowing the storyline.
Speaker 6: Apparently Star Wars.
Speaker 3: I know she's really leaning into like mother step boy mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's what you have to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Like some of the movies I did want, Like some of the movies, I do want.
Speaker 2: To see some I have no interest in.
Speaker 5: See. This was a zero. Yeah, this was really the zero out of the ten. It fell asleep for the first half, but once I woke up, I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: I love It's getting some hate online. I loved the Mandalorian and Grogu. I loved Job of the Hut. He's my favorite Star Wars character. There's a lot of Hut stuff in this movie, a lot of hut. Jeremy Allen White, Oh my god. I went to this movie going I want Jeremy Allen White's voice unmodulated. I want him speaking English. He's the voice of job Is jacked son. Jaba has a son who's like a wrestler's super buff. He's this big slug. He's so gross. And they speak a different language. They speak hut ease, And I'm like, I want Jeremian White speaking English and I want to just and that's exactly what we got.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 4: It's there's a giant voice.
Speaker 5: Wasn't modulated. I feel it didn't sound like himself at all.
Speaker 4: They put like a lower tone in there to make it sound like his two throats, which I think they do. And but other than that, he's just Jeremie al White going. I don't want to be like my father.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I enjoyed it for the part you were conscious for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the part you were watching in a way.
Speaker 2: You know what, it's fan only time we do dinner in a movie. It's cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good, reclimb the seat if I need to take a old nap.
Speaker 3: When it comes to Star Wars movies, I always encourage Haley to find a friend who loves to watch Star Wars and even come with them. I'm gonna send her with please do the yeahd to Star Wars.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was thinking we could do the anonymous Yeah that looks yeah, yeah juicy.
Speaker 6: Hi Beckat on your market East and I love your podcast. I listen every week. I want your advice. I can't tell if I'm overreacting. My husband in a class with a girl his freshman year of college. They studied together one night in his dorm, they slept together. They stayed close, casual friends, but never dated. Then he met me and the rest is history. We've been married for close to twenty years. Fast forward to today. My husband is the principal at the school her kids attend. She's very involved, so they see each other off and honestly, I don't trust her vibes. She seems very comfortable around him, and I can't help feeling jealous. My husband is great, there's nothing there. They never even dated, but it still makes me uncomfortable. And obviously he can't control where her kids go to school or her level of involvement there. Am I being weird and insecure? Would this bother you too?
Speaker 3: Kind of both? Yeah?
Speaker 5: My truth can be yeah true.
Speaker 3: And that is the truth.
Speaker 5: That is the truth.
Speaker 3: I think that sometimes our insecurities can get the best of us, and we make up a story that's not real. And I also think she could be maybe a woman who feels very comfortable and might come across as flirty even if she's just being like kind and friendly, or she might have bad intentions. I don't know this woman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well she left out whether this other woman. I mean.
Speaker 5: That doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 3: I mean it should, but yeah, I mean it doesn't. Two people can still misbehave even if they're both married.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but she'd be more I think she'd be more.
Speaker 2: Secure if if she were married.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were more righteous in questioning her motives if she were divorced or that sort of thing, right.
Speaker 5: Which she didn't specifically put in here, So I led to believe she is not single.
Speaker 6: Right, I think that's true.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're crazy. However, I do feel.
Speaker 5: Like, and this is kind of I always I always think like this because I trust Robbie with everything, Like there's no question, Like I never question his loyalty. But I'm sure people at some point in our lives are going to flirt with him, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, it's just it is what it is.
Speaker 5: You just have to trust your partner and just kind of like hold I feel like, you've been married for twenty years, your husband is obviously loyal. If he's giving you reasons to question him, then maybe I would maybe give it some sort of energy. But if he never has, like I would just really try hard to just like not even let this be anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say, you've it's seen like you've already questioned him about it, and he's like, basically kind of makes it seem like they it was never even their hookup wasn't even a big deal. It's like a one night thing. So I would say, it's like, you're not a crazy person for having insecurities. We all are human and having insecurities. I just want to I wouldn't let it go so far that you act out on those insecurities and trust that the man that you're married to and have been married to for twenty years is trustworthy. Yeah, and apparently knows where you stand on it if you've brought it up, like he knows that it makes you feel insecure. I'm assuming since you brought it up, So hopefully, if if there's a situation where maybe he's being too friendly back to her and you and it's something.
Speaker 5: Right or like things are if their boundaries being crossed, like this woman's like texting him instead of emailing.
Speaker 3: Him, or what about kids or the school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, obviously make sure that there's like boundaries, but like you know, if this woman's flirting with him, there's only so much you can do. You just have to trust him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but don't don't don't feel like you're being crazy for having an insecurity and also don't act out of insecurity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're here for you, yes anonymous, and also.
Speaker 3: For all of you who are dying to email us or instagram us but you don't know how. The way to do it is a DM on Instagram at scrubbing in pod or email us at scrubbing in at iHeartMedia dot com. We love you all so much. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, Love you