Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Y. I am Jiselle Bryant.
Speaker 3: What's up. What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once again. We in the house. We in the house. Get it, don't stop, okay.
Speaker 1: And it's like July. We were in the middle of the summer. We are would you say this is like the midpoint, yes, summer. Yes, so it's depressing. It's very depressing, depressed.
Speaker 2: And with the summer comes all kinds of stuff like and this is and this is I'm I'm jumping, I'm diving right into my shady.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, give it to me.
Speaker 2: The person shady is mother Nature and he's acting like a mother effort.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, I'm not happy with her. Woo. So I had to go to Norfolk, Virginia okay for some stuff. Okay.
Speaker 2: Norfolk, Virginia, for people that don't know, is about three and a half hours from.
Speaker 3: My home right driving right, okay. But I was catching a little flight home, okay, no big deal. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I got on the plane and we all got we all got on the plane, right. We were like pulling back from the gate, and the pilot was like.
Speaker 3: It's a stop.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a full stop or something. Because in DC they're not allowing anyone to land because there was quote thunderstorms in DC. So this it's called a something. It's I think it's called full stop, a groundstop, it's called something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they were like, he was like, you know what, We're just gonna go out to the runway and just wait. Okay, So we're out in the runway, we're waiting.
Speaker 3: They give him.
Speaker 2: They give him updates every thirty minutes. One, two, three, four, About five thirty minutes went by.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're on the runway for three hours. Oh my god, just waiting to get the clearance to go.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. And that is a short flight. It's a forty five minute flight. Okay. So so you would have been home if you're dry, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: So I go up to the I unbuckle myself and I go to the flight attendant.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, hey, guys, what's tea.
Speaker 2: It's like if I go back to the gate, I can uber home, right because that's where I was.
Speaker 3: I was so angry.
Speaker 2: So they were like, and I'm calling my daughters and I'm like, Grace, is it raining in DC? And she's like, no, it's sonny outside. But I said, I can't even take off because of the thunderstorms that's supposedly are happening because mother Nature is being a mother effa.
Speaker 3: Okay. Flight attendant said, oh, Age said, I'm so happy, like, yeah, they want to talk about the show, the show, what show? Right? I want to get home. So i'm I'm I'm on ten. I'm very angry.
Speaker 2: Pilot says, we're gonna go back to the gate. Oh, We're going to give you all the opportunity to get off.
Speaker 3: You want to get off?
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Okay, So then go back to the gate. And then they said, oh, they said it's lifted.
Speaker 3: We're leaving.
Speaker 2: Oh so I'm like, okay, I'm strapped up, I'm ready. Then they were like, oh, they just said we're not leaving. I said, oh my god, oh my god. Long story short. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know whether the jump, I didn't know whether the bay, and mind you, I had to check. I had to like not check my bag, but I had to.
Speaker 3: Like put it. Yeah, so you had to carry on. I had to carry on, and they took it because I was a small plane. Yeah, so I really had to like make a decision, like, am I getting off this plane ring home? Okay?
Speaker 2: So about so we got on the plane at six thirty nine forty five okay, they said, okay, we're leaving. Okay, And so I got home, got home about like eleven thirty because we really didn't leave until like ten beteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so right man, mother and nature.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, this is the best part of the story. Okay, get home, jump in the bed, woke up the next morning. Behind my house is a oak tree.
Speaker 1: It's humongous, probably been there for one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 2: Half of it's on the ground. So there obviously was a storm right as Grace was like, no, there's no storm outside. So when it came down, it ripped off the gutters on the back of my house. So it's done some damage. Oh my gosh, imagine if it was any closer, oh a lot more than my house would be like blacksh like smashed black. So I'm in the process of fixing that now. But this is all because Mother Nature can't make up her mind angry.
Speaker 3: Who's she mad at?
Speaker 1: She's mad at the world because we keep polluting. She's mad at the people, shed at things. Yes, because of all of our waste in our pollutions and everything that we've done to the to the atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to make her made right, because there's no reason for that tree to be on the ground. That tree is like like, first of all, it's huge and it's solid.
Speaker 3: That's scary. It's scary, ain't the word.
Speaker 2: So I call my tree people because you know, me and the tree people were friends because like I cut down trees all the time that need to be cut down. On which tree people coming for me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: By the way, it was the tree dead anyway?
Speaker 2: No, because I looked at it and like you can tell if it's like kind of black no black age. Okay, So this is really like when came through and just ripped it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna have to cut that tree down, damn. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mother nature has been acting a fool. I mean between the heat and all of.
Speaker 3: The storms all across the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just I mean I just saw on the news, like was it like eighteen people in was it San Francisco or something died from heat exhaustion or heat issues. Issues with the heat, so stay you got to stay cool, stay out the heat.
Speaker 3: Oh and speaking of the heat, you know, my AC was out again. Oh my god. So like, is this your shady moment? No, because this was ok, this was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: So like I'm giving Mother Nature a hugged by the way, because I don't want to coming from me no anymore.
Speaker 3: No, we don't want them. Damn trees fallowing on your house. No, mother Nature, please don't come from it.
Speaker 1: And I definitely the other night it was it was crazy storms and I was thinking about the trees around my house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's scary. Yes, yeah, so mother Nature please let me, please be friends with me, yes, please be my friend. Yes. But yeah, no, my AC was out. Oh my gosh. That is straight misery. So what did y'all do? That's checking to it. So it's funny.
Speaker 1: So when like I noticed my thermostat, you know, I already had problems with it.
Speaker 3: The guy came out and fixed it.
Speaker 1: He said there was a leak, He found the leak, he fixed it. So when I messaged him I was like, hey, you know, I got my thermostat set to sixty eight, but the temperature says seventy four.
Speaker 3: And I'm like cut, I'm like, now it's saying it's seventy eight.
Speaker 1: And he was like, oh, it's just super hot outside. And you know you're that upstairs. It's hard to keep cool blah blah blah blah. And he was like it'll come down in the evening blah blah blah. So the evening comes, temperature is not coming down like the I can. There's no like cool air coming out.
Speaker 3: Of my vents. You know, you feel the air. I'm like, this air is not cool.
Speaker 1: So he came back out and he said, I needed a new compressor. So the leak that I had, yeah, was it caused damage to the compressor.
Speaker 3: Damn right.
Speaker 1: So luckily the compressor was under warranty and he was able to come back, like a couple of days. He was he ordered the part. He came back a few days later.
Speaker 3: But it has been hot. We don't have to happen it. It's been hot. It was It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy and I'm like, oh my gosh, like and every week it's just gets hotter and hotter and hotter and staying hot for like the entire week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is not good. So someone needs to go and we done with I'm done with the show. I haven't even been to a pool yet. Have you have you been in a pool? I did. I went on a little trip.
Speaker 2: I was in the pool and then mosquitos bit me up and out the pool right fast, like mosquit It was like mosquito attack, like they like accostant me and they so so from my waist down was in the water right so wasiste up. I was a cost I said, these mosquitoes be damn. And the mosquitos where I was biting me.
Speaker 3: They hurt, like you could feel it, feel it when and it hurt. I said, oh this is this is some different ship. Oh yeah, that's like we were.
Speaker 1: They were they mosquitoes when we were in Mexico.
Speaker 3: We took a trip Mexico, yes we did. And those bugs were just like it was similar to that.
Speaker 2: Remember with that, because that was like a little like like a little laker, like a lagoon, like a little lagoon.
Speaker 3: It was very similar to that. But this was I had a pool out of villa and the pool was outside my villa. Okay, yeah, that was like the lake. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Those bugs were on everyone's face. They were all over our face, our disaster.
Speaker 3: It was. It was gross. We had like Skoda out of there s good dad are Yeah? Me just out being green screaming. Yes, okay, what's your shady moment? Okay, so this shady moment goes to me and my family.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, I think that that there always is there always a shady moment. No, okay, all right, no, no, no, no, we love the fa like you know, we do shady thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh, all of y'all are in.
Speaker 1: On this, three of us out of four because Carter wasn't there. So it's me, Corey and Want and Carter.
Speaker 3: I feel like secretly is the like the goody two shoes kind of like the family. He's the goody two shoes of the family.
Speaker 1: He he is. He's the one that would probably be like, no, don't do that.
Speaker 3: You know, if he was a little older, he'd actually be running the household.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, he's the one, like I remember, I don't know, he's the one that if we're in a place that doesn't seem right, like he's kind of just like watching and he's like, yeah, no, we shouldn't be doing it.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what I mean? Yeah, yes, So we were.
Speaker 1: At Sweet Green Sweet Sweet Green is like a salad place, you know, one of those you know whatever. They mixed the salad and yeah, and we're on the way out. We ordered our food to go. We're on the way out and I was grabbing the plastic forks for our meal and I was like, oh, we're out of plastic forks at home, so let me let me grab a few more.
Speaker 3: Let me find out rob is stealing forks from Sweet Green. Okay, robins stealing forks, and Sweet Green Wine is eating twinkies at Costco and like leaving with the and put the twinkie box back. What is happening with the dicks? Oh my gosh, I mean is it considered stealing?
Speaker 2: Yes, well, okay, I think it's it's the honor system, right, You're supposed to take one, okay for your one salad.
Speaker 3: Those salads are expensive. So however, how many did you take? Okay?
Speaker 1: So when we got home, Okay, we counted and sixty four.
Speaker 3: I'm done. This episode's over robin is our.
Speaker 1: For so okay, I only took like eight additional ones, right, yeah and so so and here comes oh yeah, no we need more.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all they even have need more. And then Corey grabs a handful. How do they even have sixty four out there for you to take?
Speaker 1: I guess you know there were, They don't. It doesn't look like sixty four. But when you when you grab them, you know, sometimes they have like those like where the sodas and stuffar, where the drinks are, and it's like those little circles in the counter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the silverware. I know exactly what you're talking about. You don't have to describe. So it was like three full things of you're the problem.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know you're the problem. Okay, I told them to stop.
Speaker 3: I was just Carter was there.
Speaker 2: He would not Carter would not let this go down. For sure, you want and Corey together. It's a minister society.
Speaker 3: This is terrible.
Speaker 2: So like, now, can you imagine people that went there that day and could not eat there?
Speaker 3: They had to eat their salad with their hands.
Speaker 1: I'm sure because like Robin took all the forks, I'm sure they have like ten thousand forks in do you think, yes, okay, and they're like those little cheap like I've made out of recyclable materials.
Speaker 2: It's actually not cheap. It's actually it's actually more expensive to make those. Oh okay, yeah that's what they say.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Robin, you're the worst for the record. Okay, So I want to talk about Hannah Berner.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, you went to her show or was it a party? So she her Netflix special debuted on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Okay, and so she had like a comedy art a live comedy show like her Netflix special is a live comedy comedy show.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, actually it's not live. It's taped.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, oh yeah, like a live show. Yes, oops, okay, I can't think today. Anyway, So just to refresh you guys about who Hannah Burner is. A couple of years ago, I did Over the Pandemic, I did chat Room. She was one of the hosts on chat Room with me and Portia. By the way, Porsche's been on the Instagram lately, and oh yeah, we'll.
Speaker 3: Get into that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so Hannah and I'm gonna give you a little bit of a backstory about Hannah. Yeah, because she was on a show called Summer House, which is on Bravo. We were doing chat Room simultaneously, and it was kind of wild because I was feeling filming Potomac Porsche's filming Atlanta.
Speaker 3: She was filming.
Speaker 2: She had already done Summer House, it was airing, but she filmed the reunion. We was like, Hannah going that reunion and kill that thing. She didn't kill that thing. The reunion killed her, killed her Okay, So shortly thereafter.
Speaker 3: What did she why did they not bring her back?
Speaker 2: I'm about to tell you, Oh, okay, Okay, So you know, there was a lot of people that there's there's a lot of reasons that I'm not gonna get into it because it's not my story to tell. But anyway, but this story I can't tell with the story I'm telling now. She was fired from Summerhouse, but we still had chat Room, and I think a part of it was kind of like, yes, it's not really working out with Summerhouse, she's not really getting along with the group, but she still got chat Room. So we'd started, we continued with chat Room, and then eventually she got fired from Chatroom.
Speaker 3: Okay, So she was.
Speaker 2: Like I got fired from two damn job in like three months. Okay, okay, So she was like, this is right when we started chat Room, she was she did she get fired from chat Room. They was like, we're gonna move into a different direction. And remember we started having guests on chat Room, so we kind of in order for us to have guests, we kind of needed to let one person go. So right before the pandemic started, she was she had bought a suitcase, like the first suitcase she had ever bought, and she was like putting herself on tour as a comedian. And then the tour was canceled because of COVID, and then Chatroom came along, and then Chatroom ended for her, and she was like, you know what, I'm gonna go back on the road now because at that point, you know, the world was opening them back up. So she went back on the road. So then zoom to two years after that and she called me. She was like, g'zelle, I have a show in DC, and I was like, doing what she said.
Speaker 3: She was like, my stand up show? Will you come?
Speaker 2: And I was like sure, And I even said to her, I think I told you this. I even said to her, Hannah, do you need me to come on stage, because there's no way I could see her pulling a live comedy comedian comedy, a live comedy show. Hannah cannot pull this off right, right, And I don't know anything about her, Like, I know she's very big on TikTok and all that, but at the time, I didn't really know much.
Speaker 3: Okay, Anyway, I go to the show. I bring Grace. We're dying laughing.
Speaker 2: Really, Grace is rolling over on the floor like and Grace is like eighteen at the time.
Speaker 3: So you get the kids. You're good. Uh huh uh huh zoom to. After the show would go, I go into her dress room. We're like, Hannah, you killed that shit. Yeah. She was like, I know, just st I've been working real hard. I said, girl. Wow.
Speaker 2: So she was like yeah, somewhere and all that, they want her to come back to Summerhouse.
Speaker 3: She called. She was like, so, what do you think should I go back to Summerhouse?
Speaker 2: So I was like, yeah, I think you should and just make it work for you and talk about your comedy stuff. And she was like no, And I said, wow, okay.
Speaker 3: And last night she was on the Jimmy Fallon show. Right, Wow, you guys, I just turned thirty, thank you twenty nine months ago, and I feel good. But society really tries to scare you. Commercials are like, do you have a fine line? Ill? Do you have a gray hair? Disgusting? Man will never notice you ever again? And I'm like, that sounds so peaceful. Now she has a Netflix special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kenna is a certified superstar and I'm so freaking proud of her because she stuck to her gun, which was I'm going to do it my way, and it was actually a lesson for me because I'm like, you know, you have you have goals in life, and you get sidetracked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can't.
Speaker 2: You have to like stick to what you believe in. So congratulations Hannah Burner, we love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Also, I need to watch the show, so I assume you watched. I think it's it was very similar to what I am going to watch it. But I think it's very similar to what I saw when I went to the live show. Oh really, Okay, but no, it was great. I got to meet her nana because she always talks about her nana and her mom. I got to meet her husband because I'd seen all these people virtually on chat room, but I never got to meet them in person, so it was it was a beautiful night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome. I love that story. Yeah, no, it was.
Speaker 1: It was like, she's, Okay, she got fired from Summerhouse, she got fired from chat room, and I would and now she has a comedy special on Netflix.
Speaker 3: She's winning over all of y'all everyone, I don't meet me, and okay, mind you. She was like the unknown underdog on chat row and now she's like, she told me and Porsche to suck it. Suck it bitches. Yeah, and you know.
Speaker 1: And it's like she's she doesn't need an ensemble cast to do it. She's doing it by herself, by herself. That's really impressive. That's awesome.
Speaker 2: It's totally impressive. And it's all about her sticking to believing in herself. She invested in herself.
Speaker 3: So on Summer House, was she like funny? Was she telling jokes on Summer House? Yeah? But a lot of times that gets edited out, okay, yeah, And a lot of times what stays is the drama and the screaming and the cussing out and all that, and you know, it got to be a little toxic. For her got it. Yeah, but her page was there.
Speaker 2: You know her and Page they have their uh giggly swad podcasts and you know they're they're really good friends. So anyway, Hannah, keep doing you boo. Yes, love that, I'm your number one fan boo. And everybody was like, so it was in New York.
Speaker 3: So I literally just went for it, and everybody was like, you just came for this, Yes, yeah, I came as a part my girl. Damn it. Everybody's making me feel bad because I'm to New York to support.
Speaker 1: Hand what No, Like when I saw i don't know, like a photo or something that you posted, and I was like, I knew if it was like that's you, you're gonna show up. Like if your friends or people that you love are doing something special.
Speaker 3: You're gonna you're gonna make a way, yeah be there. Yeah totally. You're gonna go out of your way to be there. Yeah, totally. That's awesome. Can we talk about something that's not so popular? Sure, Chris Brown? Why is that not popular? Well?
Speaker 2: I feel like some people still are like he's a he's a controversial subject.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he has like his like die hard fans, right because he's super.
Speaker 3: Talented, but yeah, super Yeah. I want to say I want to go to the concert. Oh, I want to say the concert was in town, but I was out of town. Yeah, I want to say I'm mad that I missed it because I was surely gonna go and kind of be in the front row and be Dan.
Speaker 2: Like all the clips that I'm seeing on Instagram, his show unfreaking believable.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, just him. I'm not even looking at the crowd.
Speaker 2: First of all. Whoever's dressing him right now is killing it. And I want to see him grind and gyrate and do all the things.
Speaker 1: He's definitely super talented, and I don't think he gets you know, like he's like on. Is he on the same level as Usher? I think he's surpassed.
Speaker 3: You think so well, Okay, as far as what's concerned as far as talent, yeah, talent and music catalog. He is way more music than Usher, you think so?
Speaker 2: Absolutelyolut freaking There's no way he doesn't like way more hits.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, somebody let us know the do the math, y'all, let us know about Usher and Chris Brown. Yes, but I think singing sings better than Usher, dancing performance better than USh. I've seen him once before and I've seen Usher, and I can compare the two. I think Chris Brown stage presence and all that is is Beyonce esque.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like he's like more athletic with his dancing than Usher, Like he can kind of like his dancing is just a little more like pronounced than Ushers. Yeah, I don't know about his.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The music is up for debate for me, like between like the hits. Well, we don't know, so we need somebody do some research. Yeah, so who we're gonna get to do our research? Should we ask that Ali Hawkins family?
Speaker 2: Or should we asked who's the other girl Gigi that was screaming at us?
Speaker 3: Or should we asked Mohammed yes? Or me me? Or me me? Yes? Do the research you get back to us? Yes, yeah, right, Chris Brown or Usher?
Speaker 1: We need to know which one is better? Or we can just do like a.
Speaker 3: Poll, Yeah, you know, and let everyone just vote on the poll. Right, And who has the most hits is really the question? Right? Okay? Two of them?
Speaker 1: Who is the better artist overall? Usher or Chris Brown? And who has the most hits usher Chris Brown.
Speaker 3: Yes, the end. Okay, can we talk about speaking of Netflix? Netflix specially?
Speaker 2: I know I'm on a roll today because I ate all my wheaties and my blueberries. Oh and now guess what I'm putting in my oatmeal? Okay, cheas seeds.
Speaker 3: I don't know that because it's just.
Speaker 1: Like my Instagram feed, like you're all like the stufff it's all health food related nutrition stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's it's chius seeds, of course, I just I just know. Okay. So wait, wait, I can't tell you why. I can't tell you what.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you eating some gia seeds I have? I don't really eat oatmeal a lot, so I don't. I do like to put them in my oat meal, but you can put it in your yogurt. I can, but I don't like to put it in my yogurt. Okay, I prefer it in my oat meal. But I don't eat oatmeal that much.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? Yeah? Yeah, I'm an oatmeal every day girl.
Speaker 2: Really, So in my oat meal, guys, is my blueberries to make me smart? My cheese seeds because that makes me like lose weight or something makes me.
Speaker 3: I don't I can't tell you what the benefit is.
Speaker 2: Okay, but they say cheers, they say cheese seeds, Okay, my weak germ because that's like fiber, and my flaxeed meal because that's fiber two. But they kind of they kind of bounce each other out. They kind of taste the same. Yeah, yes, going down. Yeah, okay, So I should be healthy and beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you already are. I know. I got to keep it up. Ye, I got to keep it up.
Speaker 1: And that's why I have all this energy right now. Oh my god, I saw this on Instagram. It was a video of a ninety two year old woman and she has her mobility is better than ours.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, it was.
Speaker 1: It's it's awesome, and and that just makes me think like as we age, we have to stay active, we have.
Speaker 3: To see mobile.
Speaker 1: And it's not just you know, walking lifting weights like, no, you need to do like the flexibility exercises and all of that type of stuff. Like she is amazing. I gotta find it. Like she doesn't look anywhere near ninety two. Yeah, she's strong, active, spry, flexible, all of that.
Speaker 2: So, yes, so I was watching something this is actually not what I was going to talk about and I think Asians. They have more Asian centennials I think than any other culture. Centenarians there we go what I call them saton I made that upios like like that's one hundred years yeah, centenarians. Yeah, something about there was a whole special. So most they walk a lot, and they don't really have furniture.
Speaker 3: I know that sounds so crazy.
Speaker 2: They have furniture, but a lot of their culture is sitting on the floor.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then you get up and the sit on the floor, then you get up. Okay, that's mobility.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay. And I thought I was in my house the other and I thought, I can't. I ain't sitting on the floor right the floor.
Speaker 2: But that's why they don't let you wear shoes in their house. Yes, it's part of their culture. Like they they're always like sitting.
Speaker 3: On the floor.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's interesting. But walking also, I've seen, you know, study say if you walk whatever ten thousand steps a day, you prolong your longevity and all that too.
Speaker 3: Totally. Yes, we got to stay active.
Speaker 2: Yes I'm saying active. Okay, anyway, what I was gonna get active. If you're not, you can get.
Speaker 3: Okay. So this segues to the documentary Sprint. Okay, did you have you seen it? No? Girl, it's so good. Remember since you sang bolt tied, who is going to be that next champion who says you can't be sexy? Jack? I'm an Olympic champion, a mummy. There is no crowd heavier and the Olympic one hundred meter gold medal. Okay, So.
Speaker 2: It's about the track and field as we gear up for the Olympics. So it's about kind of like the worlds, like them getting ready for the Worlds and getting ready for the nationals.
Speaker 3: Oh okay. So it's like Shakari Richardson.
Speaker 2: Chakari is Shakari her story? And Noah Noah Lyles history.
Speaker 3: Okay? Is he from here? Is he from the DMV? No? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, I think he's from Chicago. Okay, I'm making that up Detroit something. He's his mother. Yeah, anyway, So I didn't know. So this is all post These things have already happened. The worlds have already happened, nationals have already happened, And I didn't know whether or not these people.
Speaker 3: One lost or drawed. Okay, and they.
Speaker 2: Did a lot of story about the Jamaican girls. So there's a there's another girl that's also very great, don't you make there's three girls from Jamaica.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, long story short, but bo he might be from here. He went to Alexandra City High School. Yeah, I think he's from there.
Speaker 2: From Virginia, Okay, okay, So thank you, Robin slash Carly Carly Quit, y'all.
Speaker 3: I just want y'all know, Carley Quit. Is he busy for us? Y'all?
Speaker 2: The d O always has died. The d oh is god us just me and Robin. Well, we do have a new social media person.
Speaker 3: We do killing it. Okay, let's let's get back. Let's get to that.
Speaker 2: Let's should we tell the people his name, the social media guy, because then everybody's gonna want him.
Speaker 3: So I don't think we should. I think we should keep him Anye. No, we want him to get work, but we don't want him to get so much work he can't work for us? Is that selfish? Yes? He can handle it. He can handle it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we'll get to that. We'll get to that, all right, finish it. So anyway, I didn't know what was going on. So by episode so I'm all dialed in, like what's gonna happen?
Speaker 3: Are they gonna win? Are they gonna win? By episode like six, I am in the fetal position, crying, cheering for my girl, Shakari Richard. I'm her new number one fan. Really, that's my girl. When she took off.
Speaker 2: The the orange wig and throw it on the ground and went and ran that, you I.
Speaker 3: To get it, God, damn it. Get it.
Speaker 1: So you watched so so you watched the documentary, Yes, but you didn't watch the races when they happened, so I didn't really know what was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'm this is this is my PSA not PSA. Yeah, I guess PSA.
Speaker 2: I'm saying y'all should watch it. It's Sprint and it's on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I watched it. I love.
Speaker 1: I love to see athletes or even like artists like in preparation for their events.
Speaker 3: And it's wild because they're they're training eight, nine, ten months for nine seconds right now? One is nine seconds? One is like twenty seconds? Right? What right? Isn't that crazy? And you got to be ready that crazy? Yes? You have to be ready.
Speaker 2: But it did show the camaraderie about with within cause you know, for the guys especially, yeah, the guys and the girls. So for the Worlds and the Nationals, when they're when they're getting ready to compete, they're all together, like they're eating together, right, they're training with each other, they're against each and they're competing against each other.
Speaker 3: So it's kind of like your yellow friends but you hate them. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Noah was really wanting There's a guy from London that wanted to beat the London record and Noah was like, yeah, you're gonna beat that, but you're not gonna beat me, right, And that's what happened. Like Noah beats it out of everybody really, but he didn't beat but that guy beat that record and it was kind of like because Noah's running so fast, it motivated that other guy and he beat that London record.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was all like dapping each other up, so it was that's awesome. Yeah. Yeah, so they trained the compete, but then they like push each other, definitely push each other. And that's what she car Car said. Okay, I don't want to tell y'all what happened. Okay. Spoiler alert for the series.
Speaker 2: In three, the two and one, okay, fine, she wanted to go okay and she beat the two Jamaicans okay, and she said to them, they were like, you finally got the goal. They was like happy for her because they've gotten it a million times.
Speaker 3: She was like, yeah, I had to train.
Speaker 2: Hard because of y'all, because of y'all, Like y'all did this to me.
Speaker 3: They made her better. They made her better, and she like gave them their props. Oh that's awesome. I know. I love that. And and I don't know if you know this.
Speaker 1: So there is a we have a local sixteen year old boy that goes to bullets.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, what's his name? Damn it, what's his name? Because I just saw I just saw the little report about him, yeah, on the news, and he's going, yeah, he's going to the Olympics. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awesome. Yeah, no, that's great. So think about this. He'll have so he'll have this Olympics. I'm sure he'll have the next Olympics right four years from now, so he'll probably have like three Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he's and he's small, and so I imagine over the next four years, he'll grow and get taller and what is his name? I'm sorry, I want you all to look him up, and so his strides will be longer. Yes, like he's he's killing it. And he's short, right, and he's little and he's smaller than all of these men he's running against.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's great.
Speaker 2: So he's so by the way, he goes to a school called Bullets, which is in puff Tom make everybody wants to like throw shade on Potomac, but we put Potomac on the map.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: His name is Quincy Wilson. Yes, that's his name, Quincy Bullets. He goes to Bullis. I'm sure you said children went to Bullets.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a great private school. They have a really great track and field program. Yeah, most of those sports are really good. Oh yeah, yeah for sure. But Quincy Wilson sixteen years old going to the Olympics to run track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of Netflix, and then we're down with Netflix because because you know, we're not getting paid by Netflix at all, not at all.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Hannah.
Speaker 1: I know, Hannah Spring, I know which one you're gonna say, what one thousand.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Robert, how can you read my eye? Oh are you? Are you like secretly going through my Netflix and seeing what I'm watching? We might I might have your Have you seen it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I haven't. How did you?
Speaker 1: Allys gonna say that because someone actually emailed us and it did and suggested that we watch it or just said, you know, for you to watch it or okay. So I was like, and then I think I don't know. You know, we have all these group chats. I think you mentioned it in one of our group chats.
Speaker 3: Okay, so listen up for the challenge one one thousand kids, Man with one thousand Kids.
Speaker 2: Something something like that. Something easy y'all want. It's only three episodes.
Speaker 3: I watched that. Nonsense. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Let me tell y'all something that the title of the show is like Man with one thousand.
Speaker 1: Man with one thousand kids. And she said, and no, it's not. This is Yvette Martinez emailed us.
Speaker 2: Okay, So yeah, Yvette, thank you, because I watched it and guess what. Guess what, it's more like three thousand kids. It's not even a thousand.
Speaker 3: So he's a sperm donor.
Speaker 2: So apparently there's rules like you can only sperm donate and contribute to like five kids, like you can only give stuff for five kids. This man this in the Netherlands. He went to every donation clinic.
Speaker 3: I think there was eleven of them. Apparently, if like.
Speaker 2: One jizz, like one squirt in in the container, you can make from that two hundred kids or something, because it's only like a swap, right that they take it up, so from that, I think it's like two hundred kids.
Speaker 3: Anyway, he was they calculated that stuff. He's doing that all over the place.
Speaker 2: And then there was another site for women that because you got to pay for the clinics, right, there was another site on the side, like you know, I'm struggling, help me out. I mean there was a lot of kind of like lesbians on there. So maybe maybe the clinics weren't giving it to the lesbians.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Okay, anyway, Yeah, they was meeting him at like the restaurants meeting. He would go square off in the in the bathroom and then hand them the container and then he would they would like take the container and get into the car and insert it in the car. It was wild and stuff going on. Oh my gosh, in the Netherlands, he is father to everyone. There's at least a thousand kids in the Netherlands.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now you have to run the risk of people dating their brothers.
Speaker 3: And that's the problem. That's the problem, and that's why they keep a limit to it. Yes, thats because by because they've done a study.
Speaker 2: And the study is that you're naturally attracted to people that looked like you and had the same DNA as you. Right, so you're thinking, Okay, this person just looks like me, but they're not related to me, so you're naturally attracted to that person.
Speaker 3: That's a study. And yeah, there's gonna be so much inbredding, inbredding, in breeding. Yeah that in the Netherlands. Wow, Africa. So it was a couple guys and tell you how gross this is. And I'm gonna let y'all go because this is ridiculous. So do they have a case of that actually happening.
Speaker 2: Well, the kids are young, Oh yes, the kids are now getting a little older, and a couple of them are like, oh, but I like Johnny and they're like, no, Johnny is your half brother.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So there was another guy that's also they call them serial donors. There was another serial donor and they knew each other. The two serial donors do each other. They were mixing their sperm and giving it to people because they were like it was a joke in a game. To them, it's like, oh that we'll see who that ends up being the father, Like who's gonna who's s stronger.
Speaker 3: Who's gonna make it? What the hell?
Speaker 2: What kind of sick shit is this? Then they had a third guy. They're all in Kahoots, Kenya, the country. They were like, we need some European sperm over here. There was something on the internet. I don't know what y'all be google searching. Okay, so it's like a fetish. They paid a couple sperm donors to go over there, put them up in a hotel for like two weeks, and they were giving their sperm every day.
Speaker 3: The guy says he wants to bleach Africa.
Speaker 2: What so, now we didn't get into some racist, disgusting bullshit.
Speaker 3: This is just the whole episode. I was like on fire.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Okay, So they took them man the court, okay, and the sentence is the court came down in the Netherlands.
Speaker 3: The sentences.
Speaker 2: If he gets caught donating or fathering any other child ever in his life, he has to pay one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm like, how are we going to track this right? Right? Because he's he's doing it right now, he's squirting in right now.
Speaker 2: Right, there's that, And I said, just just do the surgery and like cut his balls off, not cut his balls off. But like they can't force him to do it though, right, Like I was thinking though, like because you're a danger to society. Yeah, so I think I think he should get the testees, not the testes cut of a sectamy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need a vaseectomy. He should, But clearly he gets off on this like he's, oh, he's not going to volunteer for a vasectomy. No, No one can force him to do that. No. Is he attractive? Okay?
Speaker 2: So the thing was he has blonde hair, curly blonde hair that he wears, he says, like a lion.
Speaker 3: He had attractive to me. He has blue eyes and that's it. Okay, he sounds like Gavin Newsom he Gavin. No, Gavin has brown hair, thank you very much. And Gavin can get the draws and this guy is kind of short. Gavin is tall, okay, so I can climb his mountain. Oh, this is short. He's kind of short. I mean I would think, like, who's signing up for his sperm? Why? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I understand because the couples with like the men that are the fathers. Why haven't y'all found him in the streets.
Speaker 1: And pummeled him, give him a pummel to beat him down.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, beat that man down. Kick him in the nuts, hurt the nuts, yes, kick him in the balls. This is wild. Okay, I gotta watch Yeah, so you just told story three episodes? How about this?
Speaker 2: I don't want y'all to watch it because we don't. Well, he's not getting paid for this, so going and watch it. I think I don't want him to get any more money. But he's not getting paid for this. But whatever, Yes, because he refused to say a word like he's this is all. They've interviewed all these mothers. They have so many people to interview. Okay, there's three thousand kids out here, and they can confirm that these are all his kids. Yes, Wow, this is some bullshit. Okay, Okay, so I got angry. I just got angry. Are we doing?
Speaker 3: Yes, we have time. Giselle will not stop talking. She has too muchch is ce right, I know, cheer seeds and blueberries. All right, we're out here.
Speaker 2: We look out so much. Yeah, all things. Don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable or sure.
Speaker 3: Dude, you're both.
Speaker 2: By Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady