Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, and welcome to a very special edition of Laugh and Learn. This is just an aftermath, a recap of watching our favorite president right now, President Joseph R. Biden give his Set of the Union address, and I'm here with my beautiful co host Bobby Cliffin. How you took Hi? Who so, Bobby? You watched I watched it. I watched it in its entirety. And when I say in its entirety from him coming down the runway kissing everybody, I'm like, Joe, you atey, don't kiss everybody COVID, good guy. I know that's why he started doing all that damn coming on the podium. He didn't kiss somebody up in there with a sour puss. But what did you think, Bobby, about our president making his Set of the Union address?
Speaker 2: My first words, and then we're going to go back to coming doing the walk? I thought sleepy Joe took a nap. He was full of energy, vim vigor, he was pissed. He it was at this much like a State of the Union, which does what he did. He did, weave that in and get all all of their accomplishments, and then where he wants to go for the next year, but it wasn't really next year, it was next term. This definitely was was preparing people and putting people to rest. Who thought he was gonna fall on his speech and you know, doddering old man. He spoke for an hour and fifteen minutes a little bit under that he had back to your walk in Sweet Jesus. That was like the walk from I don't know what must have taken him ten minutes to get in there. Did you see George Santos? I did the nerve of that glossy lipped bastard. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe he had the balls. I also can't believe that he is the balls. He's running again. He's going to run in a different district.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine? I also was outraged in that red cap bitch my Cherie Taylor Green, who I always want a hand a hairbrush, So she's going to want to calm through it to actually almost like attack, like put herself at She was like George Santos was in the last one last year. She was all over them and handed them that pen. And let me tell you, he came out with it in the right time. What did you think? So now that was That was my first impression of the walkthrough.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, Bob, you're quite aggressive today. Tell me how you Oh my god.
Speaker 3: See, I'm sticking with the mix, right, So he's irish, so I'm sticking with the mic.
Speaker 1: Listen. I was so proud of President Biden yesterday because I know what he's been up against, mostly with his age. They're so focused on his age and not the accomplishment that he has made. Right has he has he been a perfect man in politics? Absolutely not, But who has? But what we are up against right now is just what he says, we don't want to lose our democracy. I love that he pointed out all of the things, the pluses that he has done, because he does not get enough credit for so if he had to toot his own horn, where to two be beef? Goddamn? And I love the fact that he never mentioned Trump's name. It was always his creditcess.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: He never gave him that respect or that response to give him that much credit to say his name, and then they want the Republicans wanted the backlash and say, well he responded to him. Thirteen times Trump talks about Joe Biden each and every time he gets an opportunity.
Speaker 2: No, no, he speaks about Obama.
Speaker 1: Well, he thinks he talks. He thinks he's talking about Biden, but he'd be mentioning Obama because that's where his obsession is at. But nevertheless, they I love that he was in the moment. He was there for the hecklers. He was able to come back with everything they threw at him because he showed them that he was sharp, He was precise, He was pristine with his answers. He did what I did. He sometimes the words ran into each other. I said, oh, he been in my edibles.
Speaker 2: We have to.
Speaker 1: Remember that's right. As a kid, he studied badly. But I'm very proud that he went after the points and he let them know what we were going to do. He was He was just everything that they said that he wasn't going to be. And I love for people to prove other people wrong, and he proved them wrong. And that was great for me.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 1: For the talking points that he had, I loved it. He touched on everything. I loved what he said about Palestine and Israel. He acknowledged both sides. He did not pick a side. He does but he did bring out who was right on what points and who was wrong on what points on both sides. So he was very fair and I think that's what I wanted the people to see that he was fair. And I love when he spoke up, spoke up so highly for women because you know, I'm a woman advocate, So he spoke so highly about women having rights and what women are going to take back because the old keepers of the guard are trying to take all the women's rights away. And he was like, women are not going to have it, and they gonna prove it to you. That was a dog That was a dog whistle letting all women know, rally together, have us because we about to take it over.
Speaker 2: Because it's the truth. I mean, he was right. We make up over half of the population, and for whatever reason I don't understand, because I work my day job is in healthcare, we get less than twenty percent or something of the research that actually is done on medical conditions are geared for women. And we have two men have testosterone, women have estrogen. Diseases affect us different ways, so there needs to be more done. I love seeing one of my my my sheros Maria Shriver up with jil Biben. She's adorable. She's absolutely adorable. She was holding the hand when they were discussing the woman who had the baby that had the fatal disease and it was gonna take her life and or her reproduction. I loved to see that the other woman. I'm blanking on the names. I apologize everybody woman who had a baby through IVF. She was holding one hand of the girl so she could get through it, and Maria Shriver was holding the other, and I thought, that's it. Woman together, solidarity. I thought it was terrific, Absolutely terrific.
Speaker 1: Marisa Shiver looked really good since the divorce. Ooh, lose Sometimes when you lose weight, it ain't always attached to your body.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I know.
Speaker 1: Isn't that good?
Speaker 2: She's always been. She's this Venezuela. She got gorgeous hair. She she is such an inspiring person, always doing, doing, doing, like her whole life is in service. The Shrivers were really you know, her dad was the Peace Corps. He started the Peace Corps. These are the mother was the Special Olympics.
Speaker 1: Come back there you go, y'all, there she go, come back to the president. Oh my god, come back.
Speaker 2: I loved that he talked about because people were looking I feel for certain words, and we definitely all have We're feeling it in our pocketbooks. So even though the economy is good in some areas, we're not seeing it in other's. And I love that he talk about He talked about the racial wealth gap being the smallest that it's been in over twenty years, you know, and picking small points so people are hearing things are improving, that we have gone from nine in inflation nine percent to three percent over the years. He's working on with the shrink inflation and things like that. He's trying to get the big corpse to come down and stop price gouging on the people. But I thought it was great and I did I to speak to your Israel and Palestine. I loved that too, because he acknowledged that Israel had the right to go after Hamas, but he also spoke at about the Palestine people being totally different from Haas and it's going to stop Netnya who figure it out. But you can't keep killing in us in people.
Speaker 1: He went, he went after Pood, he stood up.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I just love I just love what Biden brought because they were really expecting because they have put out the narrative that he's this old feeble, not sharp, not what he talked about. And he was like, y'all got me twisted, and he came with the game plan. I said, give it to him, by it And I was very proud of him. I was, I was, I was mortified. But I can't say I should be that that the Republicans acted like children in the in the House. What is that? What kind of example is that setting? But I shouldn't be surprised because they did it to President Obama. They've done it before. They have really gotten the Republicans have really gotten disrespectful. And they was reporting on Knere yesterday before the before he spoke that Mike Johnson, to speak of the House, had already spoken to all his constituents and asked them not to be verbal, not to yell out and heckle. And of course the white trand the white trash did it anyway and wore a mega hat too, which was not appropriate. They should have had her Angel Santos removed if you asked me, but they did. Oh.
Speaker 2: I loved when he when he whipped out the she was screaming at him about that that late the poor Layton girl that was murdered, and he whipped out the the in and said said her name, and then apologize to the parents and said I've lost children. So I understand, And I thought that was that was completely compassionate. I liked that he pushed for immigration. I got to be honest, We're waiting so long for this crisis to be over. I'm hoping that Joe over the next week, if something doesn't happen, call us some sort of executive action just to shut it down, you know, in the meantime. But he didn't get into that. That wasn't what this was all about.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to tell you what. I love, Bobby Love. I think that some of his people must be listening to us over here because here and laugh and we always push and I always pushed it. I've even heard you push that we are Americans. And I think when he said that we are Americans, I'm your president too. I think that really needed to resonate with people, because we're so caught up in the party that we forget that we all are part of the same land.
Speaker 2: It's the truth.
Speaker 1: None of us are from here. None of us are from here.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 1: He was great with that, and he said, I'm i'm I was the first president that was that was the first vice president to a black to a black to a black president, and president to the first female black president, I mean vice president. I'm like, come on, Biden, Biden was really good. Okay. I was very proud of you, Biden. Okay, now let me get to the aftermn for some of your Republicans. I don't know why those damn what are the the Supreme Court justices all set there like they had a bull up their ass. Everybody looked, and my eye so I thought she was gonna fall over. Good God, because.
Speaker 2: The ones who caused all the problems with the dogs, they didn't show. Did you see Clarence Thomas there? He's probably off in the yacht somewhere. Did you see, Oh, God, call me or what I can't even think of what her name is. Parent she wasn't there, you know, all the ones that caused the problem. So sun of my head sitting there going ah, then hell did we get set up from this's what's the trouble. We're getting our hands slapped and they didn't even bother to show up to class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they looked they just looked so stoic. And then they was painting the room. You saw some of the disgust on the Republican faces all because they can't come to some agreement about it, especially about that border policy, which was something that they created. So I loved that Biden called them out on all of it, put their feature of the fire, challenged them and said what he was and was not going to do right in our faces. So that was great for me. Now to this brig, this Katie Brigg is that her.
Speaker 2: Name, It's Brett, Katie Brett.
Speaker 1: Katie Britt from Alabama, who came on as the worst Sybil actress. If you was going to act like Sybil, you should have watched Sally Field in the movie in the seventies Sybil, because that's when all sixteen of them personality show. She tried to start off as the sweetest, kindest, most innocent, and every time that monster kept sticking his head out, she didn't need to drink reducee of Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hat because the longer she talked, the more that monster kept showing his head showing his heat. I think, take that hood all down and we see you.
Speaker 2: It's International Woman's Day, and somehow that bach is stuck in a kitchen. It's like a fifty second she looked at June Cleveland. She couldn't get out. The nicest thing I could say about it is I said to you earlier she had nice cabinets. I did like her kitchen. It's like she took a couple of drama classes, you know, to be a Stepford wife, and that's what she was doing. I thought, I felt badly in a way, I'll be honest, because nobody's going to forget this, and not in a good way. Like it's one of those chances that you take in your career, and she did not. It wasn't a good look on her, let me tell you. And everything she said was wrong. I'm like, did you even listen to a speech? They must have been prepping her from. I don't know what they usually get the speech. It usually comes out the one impressive thing that I felt back to Biden, like how we kind of rounded everything up, the one impressive thing I will even say about the whole group anytime that they spoke about doing things as an American like standing up to putin. There were a few times the GOP actually stood up too and clapped. I thought they didn't sit all the time. They didn't like some of the stuff. But I thought, when it's pushed to shove and it's an outside threat, we can stand together somehow because that's the S and them right now in that room, it would be between them, it's the S and M. I sort of liked that. I liked that Biden when he was speaking about immigration and he was talking about his predecessor, he said, come on, let's do it together.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So our take on this is we're riding with about it. We're very proud of him. If you guys listen to us here on iHeart under the Black Epect Network. We want you guys to know that whatever decision you make is yours. But if you had any doubt about Joe Biden's competency, about his literacy, about his empowerment, about him being engaging and in the moment, if you watch that State of the Union address, all of those should be gone out the window. All of those I'm not sure should be gone. And I hope that he gets and acquires Nancy Nikki Haley's people, because we really need to win this election. We really need to make sure that Joe Biden is the president for four more years. Where they were you chanting last night, four more years, Yeah, so that we could save whatever little bit of democracy that we do have left. Now understand that we're a very precarious physician in America. It's gonna it's gonna be bad either way. But when he called them out on January to sixth, Bobby, they couldn't even hold their heads up. They were discussing because they knew, they knew, and nobody had slapped them on the hand and said no, you can't do that. But he called that out. That was That was fantastic for me. Bobby.
Speaker 2: I loved that too, because they all knew, and that's what he was saying, you all know that was wrong, and you're all pretending. Shame on you, and they did. They had a little bit of shame. So I loved it. I loved him back and forth. I loved him joking with Lindsay Graham and Lindsay laughing, and I love him when they talked about the bill, they be booming and me saying, oh, you don't you don't want to have a two trillion dollar you know, added expense onto the to the butt. Okay, I've got it, And you don't like that.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 2: I thought it was great, you know he was he was consummate Joe Biden. Just the back and forth and Joey and being being comfortable. I felt it was a statesman that said, I know that the republic inside was They thought it was terrible. He was like Grand Tarino, Clinton Eastwood and Grand Toorno, screaming and yelling that the people get to get out of his yard, like nonsensical stuff. And I'm like, he wasn't gonna win either way.
Speaker 1: With them, well exactly, but with us he can and hopefully, so we want to thank you here. This was just our little recap on what we thought about Joe President Biden State of the Union address. Listen, I hope that you are registered. I hope that you are voting with your own conscious and voting your president because the future is bleak and past. I don't want to live again. So let's do what we gotta do as our part. As just what President Biden said Americans, because you may have a different party for me, you may see things in a different way from me. But if you live in this country and you registered to vote, and you an American citizen, embark on that because that's your responsibility. So let's do it at that right, Bobby, you got it. I'm coming to vote in your neighborhood. Let me get my blonde hair, oh way down. Thank you guys for joining us here. We appreciate you here and Laugh and Learn Bye. Thank you to our producer Aaron Howard. We will see you next week for our regularly scheduled program Peace. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tippany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Christy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Claiming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and Learn