Speaker 1: Scott you ready?
Speaker 2: Oh you know, I was born ready, born, ready to laugh and laugh and laugh.
Speaker 3: Woman who sued company for not giving her a farewell card finds out they did buy a card, but almost no one signed it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see what's going on there. Well, we're not gonna mail in this episode. We're gonna lick every stamp, dot, every t, cross, every eye. It's a brand new bananas licking every stamp.
Speaker 4: Would you billion pieces? Would you?
Speaker 3: Guys, gals, non binary pals, welcome to Bananas, trans.
Speaker 2: Friends, gay friends, everybody out there, You're all welcome here. We love you, and we're glad you spend your your hour commute with us. Maybe you're washing dishes, maybe you're gardening, maybe you're walking the dog. We're happy to have you as bananimals and glad you could join us because this is just gonna be a great episode.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's Scotti Landis right over there.
Speaker 2: That's my dude, Kurt Brown. Oller, Kurtie B. What's happening? How are you? Did you carve pumpkins already? Did you vote already?
Speaker 3: I have not carved pumpkins. I have not voted, although I will be voting. Vote early I encourage everyone to vote.
Speaker 2: Vote, vote, vote, vote, vote, vote vote folks, vote early.
Speaker 1: Vote vote folks. It's maybe our last time.
Speaker 2: I voted real early. Mine's already in the ballot box. The joy of putting it in there, you know, you got you gotta really like how you probably airplane food into your it's house when they're little. I are playing that ballot right in there, so everybody in Los Felis sees it happening here, right ya? Oopsie, democracy on the march over here.
Speaker 3: What a treat, What a crazy treat that we get to vote. I think it's I love it. I love voting, and I want to do it for forever. So let's all do it now. I am excited Hot tub.
Speaker 1: Is coming to a close.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 3: I have hosted a weekly variety stand up show for twenty years now. Almost twenty February will be twenty wow, and so you know it's like the last few. You're coming tonight. That's so exciting.
Speaker 1: I told them.
Speaker 2: Coming to a couple of them, Man, are you coming to November sixth? Also?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're coming tonight, and I think Joan is gonna be there. I told Lauren that you guys were coming, and she's coming now too. It's going to be like, oh, be really fun. I'm really looking forward to it. We got a nice new sketch that we wrote, and yeah, it'll be enjoyable. But it's a lot of feelings, you know, of like having made something for twenty years and then and putting it to bed.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think people so a lot of our listeners, I mean a lot are comedy fans of yours from back in the New York days. But I don't think our ban animals. Because this podcast is only four years young. Understand what a big show Hot Tub was in the two thousands in New York. And that's how I met Kurt and Kristen is I was became a super fan and would go to every single week. But I saw everybody. And this was before Kurt and Kristen really had punched into entertainment. They were just people that were hosting this weekly show where they would write original sketches and kind of like stories while also hosting clowns, jugglers, great comics, musicians. It was sketch performers, character performers. It was such a big deal that a lot of other comics who are now successful actors and writers. They started variety show in the vein of Hot Tub, but you guys really were the first to relaunch that format in New York. So honestly, congratulations twenty years. Very impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like it's it's also to put an end to something purposefully, because I do feel like the I mean, the pandemic had killed all you know, live comedy, and so we could have just let it die, you know, but it just felt so unjust to this thing that we'd put so many thousands of hours into to just die without even a whimper, just silently disappear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: So it's been fits felt good to force it with might and will back into existence. Yeah, with a lot of blood and sweated, and kill it properly and permanent.
Speaker 2: It's that permanent record. So catch one of these last shows. If you're in southern California visiting La go see some of these last Hot Tub shows. Permanent Records is a fun venue. It's where gen Z millennials interact. So it's where I get to go see what gen Z is up to. They're doing fine, they're doing they're doing fine.
Speaker 3: And then I just walk around as the only gen x er other than the owner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hello, folks, nice to see ya.
Speaker 2: Hey, kids smoking cigarettes, huh cool?
Speaker 1: I love those.
Speaker 2: I know, I am curious. It's like it's fun to see the the youth. It's fun to see the twenty one, twenty two, twenty three year olds drinking like PBR similar highlights and be like, oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I remember those days. It's you when you walked up to the bartender and said, what's your cheapest beer? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, do that again, just get always get the cheapest beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your cheapest beer? How are you?
Speaker 1: What's going on in your life?
Speaker 2: Pal? Oh, let me think if I have anything interesting to say. Dude, Oh, I I joined a gym, so get ready. I'm I got a clean bill of health. My doctor's like, Scott, you're healthy. I'm like great, And she's like, you need to work out now as like free weights, like weightlifting, not cardio. Yeah, because she's like, it's get as strong as you can in the next five years, because when you turn seventy you're going to be half as strong as that. And so I was like, okay, let's get to it. So I'm I'm three days into the gym, and I gotta say I missed it and I love it. And if I can get comically ripped, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel the same way.
Speaker 3: I'm very excited. I like, I really like weightlifting. I've been like talking to Kumal about it and he's been giving me like tips and stuff, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: He's a whole different that dude. Is Like it's funny when I see him now and give him a hug. It's just like and I'm holding a bag of cement and I'm letting go of a bag of cement. It really is to me. And he's like, and this is a sock full of mayonnaise, and I'm letting go of a sock full of mayonnaise. So I would like him to its good.
Speaker 3: I would like him to one day just throw me across a room, like do you know what I mean, Just like into a couch or something somewhere pleasant. But just I bet you he could easily do it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he could.
Speaker 2: I'm just in like, man, I'm really busy. Oh I have this one thing I might let's see. So when I was in I've been pitching these movies and I was pitching when I was on vacation, and I'm having this new experience that feels so good, where because the industry is constricting so much, I now feel less like I'm pitching to overlords, and now I'm pitching to people that are like, can you help us? Oh, can you help me save my job? Whereas before I always felt for the last yeah, how long I've been doing this thirteen fourteen years. Yeah, for the last fourteen years, every TV and movie pitch I ever went on, I felt like, Okay, I'm the underdog. Yeah, they hold the keys to the city and I have to get them to green light my ideas and me as a person. And now still the case for some of the projects. But all of a sudden this fall, especially the last few weeks, I feel like people are like, hey, man, can you can you bring that in? And then when I pitch, they're like, thank you so much for bringing this to us. We are really excited about this and working with you, and that the pivot is I think now that so many people are getting laid off and fired and there's just not as much work at the moment. Yeah, people are actually not just being royal assholes all the time and it feels incredible.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That is such a that's like for those of you who don't, like, aren't in this world. That is a huge deal.
Speaker 3: Scotty is in like the top, like the top one percent of people who do this. Now, like for that to be that ninety nine percent of people walk in there and they're like, Yeah, what do you got You're wasting The vibe in the room is always friendly. It's friendly, but it's also you're also wasting my time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. And in the old school way before zoom. So all pitching is over zoom now for all your aspiring writers and movie screenwriters out there. But now, so, you used to be able to pitch at a you walked into a room in a building, very shocking, and you'd sit at a conference table a lot of time, or in the office of an executive. Yeah, and then your job was to be basically to have memorized your whole pitch, and you'd pitch either the entire movie, meaning like kind of the main five to seven beats, have jokes, have it timed out, have it charming, introduce yourself in it while you're doing the project, and you could get thirty minutes. They'd give you thirty minutes if it was a really deep pitch.
Speaker 3: And that's not a thirty minute pitch. Your pitch should be fifteen yeah, and now and then chat about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and now over zoom. When I pitch these movies, I mean it is it is like it's about a dog that turns it to a man that becomes a fireman who befriends the Dalmatian. That's the movie. And they're like, great, let's do it. Or they're like not at all, and I'm like, it's called fire Boy and it's in theaters this, you know, it's like so quick, and I think we're saving time. But yes, now it feels more like an agreement. They're happy I'm there instead of being like, like you said, like, what's up, dork? Yeah, what horrible idea you're about to pitch me. I'm gonna look at my phone the whole time. Yeah. I had a guy at CBS fall asleep on me ty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Just in twenty eighteen, he fell asleep in the pitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was pitching with our former guest and star of Ghost on CBS, Sheila Carrasco, who we love, and Sheila and I had a pitch and we took it in and in the pitch, one of the executives was nodding off. His eyes were closing, kind of like a freshman in college during a really boring class. And I was like, and you just keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't call him out, because if you call him out, there's no way, there's no way that it's getting made.
Speaker 2: But it's like the equivalent if you were at a bar and you saw somebody and you were like, that's an attractive person. I'm single. I hope they're single. I'm going to go talk to them and ask them out. And then as you walked towards them, they jogged away at the same speed that you were walking. And then you just walked around the bar with them jogging away from you. That's what it felt like pitching with Sheila, who's a star and now on a hit TV show.
Speaker 3: Also, if you were always, at any time you were pitching inside a executive's office, the place you had to sit was on a couch. The couches were always were big. We're big guys, And there's two things about those couches. One, the back of the couch four inches tall. You can't lean back at it four inches tall, and then the material you sit on you sink into, so there is no way to take like a power stance. You can't lean back, you don't want to lean forward. And then now you're sunk down with like your knees above your butt, and now you have to like somehow command the room from this position.
Speaker 1: Is absolutely right, it's so insane.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, all right, it's exactly that.
Speaker 3: Here it is woman who sued company for not giving a farewell card.
Speaker 1: This woman is amazing.
Speaker 2: This was written by.
Speaker 3: Taylor Odishu Odi Show, ODIs Show, ODIs Show, Taylor Otis Show for the Latin Times, Taylor Abyz biz And this was sent in by Reach in the Darkness. Reach in the Darkness, Thank you. This just came out. British woman who sued a former employer because she didn't get a farewell card found out in court that her colleagues did in fact buy her card. It's just hardly anybody signed it.
Speaker 1: According to a report.
Speaker 3: After her colleagues didn't present her with a farewell card on her last day of work, Karen Connagan sued the International Airlines Group, her former employer from twenty nineteen until she was laid off in twenty twenty one. And do you know what she sued them for for, quote, failure to acknowledge her existence.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, yeah, I can understand why I already want to fail to acknowledge her existence within one paragraph.
Speaker 1: She worked there for two years.
Speaker 3: She would have heard in court, Connagan's former colleagues testified that they did buy a card, but they didn't give it to her because only three people signed it. He believed it would have been more insulting to give her the card than not to give her a card at all. Conagan bought a total of forty allegations forty allegations against IAG in her lawsuit, including victimization, unfair dismissal, but the court dismissed every claim, including the alleged breach of equality law, because they either did not happen, or if they did, they were innocuous interactions in the normal course.
Speaker 2: Of employment, the judge said.
Speaker 3: The judge, out of the kind of had exhibited conspiracy theory mentality and misinterpreted normal workplace interactsment interactions as harassment. The example offered was when Conagan wrote wiz in a coworker's card, then claimed another colleague was copying her when they used Wiz in a different card, who.
Speaker 2: The TikTokers would have said is main character energy? That is crazy.
Speaker 1: The Guardian reported.
Speaker 3: She also complained after a coworker asked are you taking the piss Karen, a popular British term making fun of someone, after she claimed she was doing quote all the hard work. Oh my god, she's so terri terrible. Yeah, bad person, what a terrible person. Well, I'm happy that she got to do this and now it's in articles and strangers are reading it, so you must feel it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she must feel great. But also I feel like to get to this point in life now we just we live in a world where half the people have no shame. And so she seems like she probably loves this attention.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah probably.
Speaker 3: I mean, like it is fascinating working in an office that the rituals that I was unaware of. Also the having a getting a goodbye farewell card is that maybe that's more common in the UK. I've never heard of it. I mean, like, I guess maybe you could if you were like quitting and going on to somewhere else. But if you get like let go, who's giving you a farewell card?
Speaker 1: It seems like so strange.
Speaker 2: Just walk out the door. I love a good ending, but it's like, get out of there. I want is little connection as possible. I want. If I'm leaving a job, it's like bye Bud, I'm like bye, see ya. I did work with one guy and I got a shout him out, our got thumbs him up, named Griffin Richardson. It was my first job in New York on that TV show Stella, and I was a sound production assistant. Started at the bottom and I only worked two weeks and then it flipped and went union and so I got let go, which was fine. But he gave me a bottle of Jamison as a thank you parting gift. Whoa, that's a I think he's gone on to great success as a sound mixer, and I think he's worked constantly. But it was such a nice gesture.
Speaker 3: So Richardson back then as well, what were you twenty two, twenty.
Speaker 2: Three, twenty two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, to get a full bottle of liquor, You're like, well, well, well, well I'm a rich rich man dude.
Speaker 2: And they would feed me, which I didn't realize because I was a production It was my first job as a PA, and you know, you walked in and they had a hot breakfast. They had a truck serving catering every morning. And and this one guy, this Grip, pulled me over. He had like an old pro and he's like, you know what you gotta get? I'm like no. He goes get a balt with an egg and then put Frank's hot sauce on it, and that was like his like cool thing. And I gotta say, it is such a good breakfast sandwich with a fried egg on it and Frank's hot red hot. Damn dude, still do that, but shout out, yeah, thanks Griffin. That was like a I just remember feeling appreciated because when you're a PA, it's the lowest tier. You know, you're basically only extras are more firerable than PA's. I once had as somebody told me that furniture on set is more important than the extras. So that just shows how painful it is to be an extra.
Speaker 3: It is very, very painful. I did it once and I've never ever ever done it again. What was your favorite my favorite office tradition?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, when.
Speaker 3: I was at Access Staffing in New York City, was they would have bagel Fridays, m Bagel Friday.
Speaker 1: That that is, that's delightful.
Speaker 3: That is such a good idea every Friday to.
Speaker 2: Have a baby and you can double dip because you go, you make your first bagel and then you roll back in there and whatever half. You know, there's always somebody that halfs a bagel or halves a bagel, and then you you go, well, I'll eat that other half that susame sitting there. I see some veggie cream cheese left over, I'll toast that up in half it. That was a good one. The worst ones are when you're it's a smaller company and they like they're like, hey, we're gonna do a little wine mixer on Wednesday in the in the kitchenette, and then it's just the people that have been sitting two feet away from you drinking wine and you gotta suddenly be like, so anybody going to a thing this weekend and you're just like drinking warm wine out of a plastic cup, going I wish we I wish a nuclear weapon would hit this office right now.
Speaker 3: There was one guy that I remember, he was a very fascinating. Man. He's probably gone and done good things after this working at this weird job. But he was like a Southern dude, and he would like he didn't work there very long. And I was one of like, you know, four people who were in our twenties who worked at the office. And he's like, let's go get lunch. And I was like, all right, well, let's go. And I was like, where you want to go get to lunch. He's like, let's go to this bar.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, we're going to a bar. And then he's done.
Speaker 3: He's like, let's get martinis. And I was like okay, okay, and then he's like, let's get another martini. And then I was just like, are we just eating burgers and getting drunk at lunch? And then we would come back and then he just tried to make it a thing for a little while.
Speaker 1: I was like, I can't. I can't have two martinis at twelve thirty multiple times a week.
Speaker 2: Man. Maybe what the dude loved mad Man. He was just trying to live the Don Draper three martini.
Speaker 1: It was pre it was pre mad Men too.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's pretty fun. Those are good ones. I I one time one of my bosses in New York was like, do you play soccer? And I go, yeah, I do. He was a British guy, and I was like, so he goes, do you play football? And I goes sure, and he goes, will you come play? We have like our group thing over on you know, twenty sixth Street Pier wherever it was. I said, sure, I'll play. I was like, I haven't played in like six years, but I'm happy to play. And I show up and it was me and him and then a bunch of his son's friends who were like ten what. So I thought it was going to be like a bunch of like business guys, like I'd make some connections or just I'd play some pickup soccer, but instead it's he's on one side, I'm on the other. And then it was like five kids on each team, so not even a full soccer team. And then we just ran around an astroturfield and he's like, you're actually pretty good soccer player, and I'm like, well, yeah, compare it to ten ten year olds. I'm Peley, I'm Ronaldo, but everybody out here, yes, I am the best soccer player on the field right now. A middle aged British man and ten children. That's your sweet spot.
Speaker 1: That should be it, that actually should be a league one twenties one middle age ten ten year olds.
Speaker 2: Well, there was that church. What is it Hillsong? There's that church. I must have told this on the podcast before, but there were a bunch of dudes that tried to recruit me to start going to Hillsong in Manhattan, and I checked their services. It was a big church where they like rocked and rolled and they had a band. This isn't this isn't your grandpa's Christian church. This is young. We have long hair. We all have long hair. Everybody here has got long hair. We've all gotten to third base so many times. Third base is nothing to us. Hit it on a rock and roll drum set, and I think the guy that ran it there was a big documented about what a creepy was like, you know, of course, and so there were a group of male models that tried to recruit me to start going to was one of them someone we know, yes, And it was somewhere in Manhattan. I think it was, like, yeah, it was somewhere in the thirties near Madison Square Garden and they would roll out of there and it would be like a thousand people leaving church on a Thursday night or Friday night or whenever it was. And so the way they tried to recruit me when I was like definitely no for me, Yeah, but good luck with everything you're doing. See at the Pearly Gates, they were like, do we're starting a soccer team and do you want to play? Because we heard you played, So I said, sure, I'll do that. So I would meet them after they had left the service and we would walk down to an astrotur field on one of the piers, and they were lights. And the first game we played that I played with them especially was vers a group of Mexican men. I would say Mexican American, but I think these guys were new to New York City and they were wearing their work clothes, so they would have jeans that had paint all over them, and they would have they were landscapers. They were hard working, blue collar at Mexican American guys, and they beat the shit out of us of they all had worked their fingers to the bone, like the hard working men they are, and they come out and beat all these male model Pridge boys who hadn't lifted a finger also weren't working as models. They weren't even taking photo shoots. They were on set sticktting shoots. And I remember just having a ball because all these guys who had just left Hillsong were like fuck damn it, like they were. We were just losing four to one within fifteen minutes, within seven minutes. God isn't real.
Speaker 1: I both, I know.
Speaker 2: And it's like the meek will inherit the goals because they smoked us for an hour and it made me so happy. I was like loving it. God damn it. It made me so happy. Anyways, here's one for you. Hannah Cat sent this in Thank you Hannah Cat, so you can send in your submissions to the Bananas Podcast on Instagram or the Bananas Podcast at gmail dot com. Man may have died never knowing he had three penises, And you say to yourself, how wouldn't you know? Well, I'll get into it. This was a newsweek written by Jess Thompson, who always gets to cover the most outrageous stories, so that's why we call her the best in the biz. A man has been discovered to have two extra penises by med students dissecting his body. What a surprise, What a surprise. This marks only the second time ever somebody's been found to have three penises. I can say, there's a lot of people on this planet.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I guess we're not a billion dudes.
Speaker 3: I guess we're not all getting dissected. Right, that's of the people who've gotten dissected.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah. Where were Where were they? Where were they?
Speaker 3: Just underneath the his tits one up here in the other right here.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like that. Yes, lemonade, lemonade, lemonade. Oh that would be so much better. Oh yeah, we did the guy in twenty twenty who had it stitched to his arm to recover and then got it successfully put back on. I think he's hanging in there. Yeah. The incredibly rare triple penis phenomenon was found by students at the University of Birmingham Medical School in the UK during a dissection of a seventy eight year old man who had donated his body to science. Great thing to do, awesome, According to a new paper in the publication the.
Speaker 1: Reason he dedicated, He's like, I have a feeling I have two board dicks.
Speaker 2: I don't know about superprise. No matter what happens to me, I want to donate at least my lower half to science. According to the researchers, the man may have never known that he had these three penises. This core. This condition, known as trifa. Oh I guess it's phallus so triphalia or triphalia, was only seen in a human for the first time in twenty twenty in a newborn, and is thought to possibly affect one in every six million live berths. Wow wow, Like you said, it just hasn't been discovered, but it's probably out there and.
Speaker 3: Have we had so That means it's more common to have two penises. But is it more common to have two penises that are visible?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, trifolia or tripflia. I'll go with trifolia. That makes sense. Is a rare congenital anomaly describing the presence of three distinct penal chefs fun has only been reported once in literature, the researchers wrote in the new paper. Without dissection, this anatomical variation would have remained undiscovered, suggesting the prevalence of polyphailure or polyphalia may be greater than expected. Having two penises, known as dip or die folia, has been seen in around one hundred human cases and occurs in every five point five million live births. Usually doctors remove the extra penis at birth if they're externally visible, but they are often left alone to go unnoticed if hidden inside.
Speaker 1: All right, there it is there, I got my head set.
Speaker 2: It's an educational it is podcast. The seventy eight year old man appeared to have normal genitals externally, but once his penis was dissected, always fun, the students discovered two other tiny, duplicate penises inside of his scrotum.
Speaker 3: Ince, that's wild to me. I don't even understand where there's where the space? Where does he find the space for all these digs?
Speaker 2: This guy is a great story. Three condo of penises. He's just he's rolled each one up.
Speaker 1: They're all very precious to him. They sparked joy, and he's tucked.
Speaker 2: Him away inside his scrolled them. But they do spark joy. Anyways, we'll get over all the ding dong talk. I'll just give you some of the highlights to get to the end. So, because they were not externally visible, the man may not have known he had this unique condition. But here's what's interesting. He may have experienced pain during sex during due to having the extra penises becoming erect. What. Yeah, so if the man's extra penises had extra urethras, it could have also exposed him to an increased risk of urinary track infections. Luckily, the man's uretha merely ran through the secondary penis into the primary penis without any dead ends, so it actually connected. That's so crazy, I mean, to get three erections.
Speaker 1: And also that your balls just stick up in the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like when you're folding a fitted sheet, You're just like, how do I do this? It's like a squirrel scoot sidediver and the woman's like, I think maybe let's just keep it above the way.
Speaker 1: I think he had an idea. I think he had an ankling me too.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they didn't cause him any major harm. He may not have noticed during lifetime, that's all. But yeah, it was he had a para lack of symptoms and probably benign nature. The researchers wrote. Again, it says at the end, this is only the second ever discovered and reported case of trifolia. Or yeah, try failure. So anyways, that's an interesting banana. That's a simple banana. That is very fascinating. I feel terrible for that guy. I don't think that's anything to be pumped about.
Speaker 3: No, And also I would just say once again, we're a big fan of men going to the doctor here in Bananas. Guys, if you've noticed something slightly strange, like maybe you have two more penises inside your balls, go to the doctor.
Speaker 1: Just ask somebody, go to the doctor.
Speaker 2: It is so weird. It is like they and it's our friends are pretty uh, pretty good about it. They'll go get things checked out, and it's saved some of their lives in recent years. I know a few. I know a few who do not go. I know too. I know you just see a guy with like a limp and you're like, what's up, and they're like, yeah, I don't know. And then ten years go by and you're like, there's a solution for this. First, there's so many people who can probably fix this problem. Just go go, go, go get a physical guys. I know things cost money, and insurance is harder and harder to get if you're in the United States, but go to the dentist once a year. Get them, get them scrubbed, get them scrubbed, get them floss, get them scrubbed. And my hygienis goes, do you floss every day? I go, no, I do not. She goes, thank you for your honesty, And I was like, now you and I were on the same wavelength.
Speaker 1: You know what I got.
Speaker 3: I got a little machine. I got a little flossing machine.
Speaker 2: What does that mean.
Speaker 3: It's like it's shaped like a toothbrush, but at the top it has like a flossing head, and then it vibrates and so then you can just like pop pop pop pop pop, real fast, and it just goes in between as you and I don't know. I have no idea if it's been working or not, because.
Speaker 2: I floss when I travel because in my likedop kit, my travel doctors have floss. And then you always have like downtime when you're you know, when you're vacation, and so I just find myself floss and once twice a day when I'm on vacation. My oral health is through the roof good guys. Go to the doctor, go to the dentists, Go get things checked out. Go get this moles checked out. Go to the dermatologist.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've been trying to get a dermatologist appointment, and so I just looked up one. They're like, here you here's a dermatologist. Go to this dermatologist.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, they're pretty close. Oh they have an availability. I was able to do everything online.
Speaker 1: I was like, look at this.
Speaker 2: The future is great.
Speaker 3: This new fangled website that just recommends doctors to me is really useful. And I get there and I sit down. First off, their blood pressure machine is broken, and they're like.
Speaker 2: Are you sure? Are you sure your blood pressure.
Speaker 3: Isn't forty over sixteen or whatever?
Speaker 1: And I was like, it's wrong. I have, if anything, I have high blood pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not dead. I didn't die three days ago. And they come in today and then.
Speaker 1: She sits down.
Speaker 3: She's like, all right, so we're just doing a general check up. I'm like, oh no, I'm just here for like a skin check, you know. And she's like, oh, I'm not a dermatologist.
Speaker 2: Oh good, oh good.
Speaker 3: After all of the things, all of the steps, all of waiting in the thing, getting in, sitting down, filling out all the information, and I was like, I can't.
Speaker 1: I was like, you can't charge me for this because I have a doctor.
Speaker 2: I've been going to the doctor, Like, yeah, so you lied to me. Well, I have a great one. I'll refer you off air, but I have an excellent one and I'm always able to schedule appointment within a couple of weeks. That's great. And I had what I had a different one when I first moved out here, and the only reason I switched was every time I think I went three times, they would have like a med student with them, but they wouldn't give me like too much of a heads up. So you know, there's a point where you're sitting there in your underwear and they're checking all your freckles and moles and checking your skin, and so I'm just staying there and then there's just like a twenty year old just with a clipboard, just and I was like, this is I didn't sign up for this, to be honest with you, Like it was just a strange thing to be like, yeah, I want all of my arms so you can check my armpits and between my fingers and toes, but it is kind of strange that there's just somebody standing there as I'm doing this. I had I moved on.
Speaker 3: I had a male dermatologist once and then he was like and I had like my underwear on, and then he's like, we don't have to check on shorts, and I was like what I was like every other dermatologist is always like check. They just peek and be like see if you have any I have I have? I'm a I have red hair. I have red hair, like I need. You gotta look everywhere pal and I was just like, oh, I don't like you at all. What do you think it's too You think it's gonna turn me on? If I have you looked for my look at my ding dong door?
Speaker 2: What it will? But I don't. When I get home, I don't just drive my car up to my garage. I put it all the way in and close the door behind it. That's how these things work. Bub ummm okay, God, you want to tease me into a thumbs up situation because I got some hot ones?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Here you go, here's the best tease headline you've ever heard. Palm steel nut scandal rocks world conquer championship.
Speaker 2: All right, that is good? All right, thumbs up. Emily wants to thumb herself up. She got a cancer diagnosis last year. She's a new mom, her daughter has turned two, and Emily has more cancer. But she's thumbing herself up because she's somehow keeping it all together and not completely losing her mind. So that's just a strong, strong person. Thumbs up, and I'm sending you all the love in the world. That's right.
Speaker 3: That's that's incredibly difficult, and we have your back one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And Emily, if you want me to just send your little postcard that just says keep on keeping on, send me address, you can hit up the DMS. I'll find it. But yeah, keep your head up, keep fighting. Sam Cam wants to thumb her mom, Julie up. When Scotty that's me had the banana phone, I called him because my mom was about to have kidney surgery and Scotty That's Me was so kind and supportive. Super belated update. Julie turned seventy five and her new kidney is doing great. That's a great one. Thumb up to the kidney and Julie thumb's seventy fifth. He wants to thumb herself up and her friend and mentor Lauren Way up pt got promoted to bakery manager. We once shouted her out for becoming assistant bakery manager. Now she's bakery manager.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 2: PT is on the rise and Lauren was so encouraging, taught her everything she knows. She's the greatest manager and a great friend too. Thumbs up, ladies, that's fantastic. Here's a fun one. You know. I like a good name, Kurt, maybe more than anybody. Cassie Bert wants to thumb her husband, Casey Bert up. Oh my god, that's Casey and Cassie Bert. Casey Bert is the husband. He opened a men's health clinic in Atlanta up and Buckhead called Game Day Men's Health. They do free consultations to check things like testosterone levels and other NPSA, but they also offer various treatments for men's health and wellness. Speaking of guys, going yourself checked out. He's working tirelessly on his first location, but also to open a second location of Game Day Men's Health in Atlanta. So, dudes, if you're in Atlanta, bananimal. We got a lot of them, and you're a guy, check out Game Day Men's Health in Buckheat and wherever the second location is and go go get yourself checked out. Yeah, there might be something lacking in your life. Thumbs out gonna last, but not Lee's. This one's for you. Curti b CJ wants to thumb up Curdie b. CJ loves listening to podcasts in the bath as a way to wind down, and Kurt's voice is the only one of all the hosts she listens to that she can hear and understand underwater. CJ wants other bananamals to test this out for themselves. So don't drown anybody. Please take a deep breath. But if you're listening to Bananas in the bathtub, go underneath and see if you can hear and understand. CURTI b keep doing what you do, Banana boys. So CJ thumbs up to you. Kurt cutting through the agua. It is the I don't.
Speaker 1: It's the weirdest.
Speaker 3: It is the weirdest compliment I've ever gotten, and I will take it. I wish I had a T shirt that said it.
Speaker 2: I know we should get you one. Oh that reminds me, who's thinking for whatever live shows Bananas Lives we do next year wherever it is And I don't know exactly what the details of this would be. But I kind of want to wear a T shirt from a local business everywhere we go. So it's a great idea on stage and then for all the photos afterwards too. And I don't know how to do it. It's not a competition or a contest at all. But I wear a size large. If we announce some a show in twenty twenty five and you have a business in the area in that within let's say one hundred miles, and you want me to rock your company's shirt. Love that, send it to our po box PO Box three nine three four eight, Los Angeles, California, nine years zero three nine, And I will wear it, and I'm just gonna do it. If it shows up. I'm gonna wear it. If it's yellow, even better, if it's white or black, that's fine too. But yeah, I was just like, I think I should just be rocking local small businesses.
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a brilliant idea. Okay, well, I'll do it in twenty twenty five and see how it goes. But I'll just do kind of first one to hit the PO box, first show wins perfect.
Speaker 3: Here it is steel Nut Scandal Rocks World Conquer Championship whatever that is.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 3: This was invice dot com and this was sent by many many banan animals. But I will tell you right now that the banana well I first saw send it was Conquers.
Speaker 1: It is day Gannam day gam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here it is.
Speaker 3: This was in Vice, written by Lewis Prada.
Speaker 2: Best in the biz, best in the beeswax.
Speaker 3: The Conquer community has been rocked with accusations of cheating during its World Conquer Championship. You're forgiven for not knowing what the hell I'm talking about, because I'm just learning about all this myself.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Conquer, it turns out is more than that rude and raaunching Nintendo sixty four game about the sassy squirrel with a foul mouth.
Speaker 2: No idea what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: It's a fun, folksy game played in Great Britain and Ireland. Players tie seeds found in horse chestnut trees known as conquers, onto a string, then swing their respective conquers at the opponent's conquer in an attempt to smash the opposing conquer. If that made any sense to you, You're doing great, Yeah, you're doing You.
Speaker 2: Have a great visual mind, because I'm I'm picturing something, but I think I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Humans can truly turn anything into a competition. A lot of you may just be finding out that there's even a game based around this. Well, let me blow your mind even further, but letting you know that there's a World Conquer Championship for the best conquer players come together find out who is the toughest nut to crack. The recent championship tournament, held in Southwick, Northamptonshire Shire, became a hotbed of controversy.
Speaker 1: It's eighty two.
Speaker 3: Year old winner David Jackins. Who is a picture of him.
Speaker 1: He is dressed like a medieval jester.
Speaker 2: Elf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could picture that with a little bit of a little bit of Shropshire thrown in. It's an eighty two year old winner. David Jackins finally took home the men's title after having competed in the competition for forty years. Wow, and he had never taken the men's title. His victory was immediately marred with controversy when a report published in the Telegraph suspected he cheated by swapping his conquer for one made Adam medal. The allegations were first raised by Jackins' opponent, Alastao Johnson. Ferguson love these guys who founded He's ninety thousand years old, who found it just a little hard to believe that his conquer could be so easily obliterated by Jackins conquer on the first strike. When tournament organizers searched jackins pocket after he won the tournament, they found a steel conquer in one of his pockets. Jackins denies having used the steel conquering competition, saying that he only carried it around to entertain children.
Speaker 2: I don't know, hey.
Speaker 3: For American readers, this is like when a baseball player claims to have accidentally brought their corked batting practice bat two again. After the discovery of the steel conquer, Jackins was quoted as saying, it's impossible to cheat at conquers. It's a load of nonsense. The events chairman, Jim Packer took Jackins side, saying somebody's a sore loser. I think, oh, the event's chairman took jack inside all right. The investigation is ongoing, but event officials have already said that Jackins was being closely monitored throughout the entire tournament, so it seems unlikely that he could have been using an illegal conquer for all or even some of the time.
Speaker 2: It's got to sound different, right, Like you're not hitting two nuts hitting each other is very different than one steal and one. It's got to sound different, is my argument.
Speaker 3: Also, don't understand where the conquer is when you're throwing the other conquer at it. Is it on the ground do they put their conquer on the ground you throw it? Or is it is it hanging off something that you.
Speaker 2: Well, I opened this story as you were talking, and it appears like it's you swing it. You swing them at each other at like chest height, like you kind of flick it. Yeah, at like It's hard to describe, but it's basically like if two somebody holds their nut hanging and then another person's got it and they kind of whip it over and try to crack it.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Okay, So and happier Conquer Championship news. A thirty four year old American woman from Indianapolis name Kelsey bannce Bach aka the Queen Conquer, walked away from the tournament as its ultimate champion, having defeated Jackins in the cross gender finals. It's the first time that America has won the competition since its inception in nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 2: Whoa Banana the Week? Banana of the Week? Kelsey? I know two Kelsey's and they're both fun as hell. So my opinion, everyone named Kelsey is fun as hell.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is absolutely I mean, like, I have so many questions. I want to watch competition, I want to get into it, I want to go, I want to go. This sounds fun. And everybody's real dressed up. They got walnuts or chestnuts or whatever they got all over their bodies.
Speaker 2: So they think this old fart cheated and finally won after forty years. Okay, so I guess one he probably did cheat, because why would they ever search this guy's pockets if they somebody somebody said something's not right here, and then they gave him the old pat down and they found the old steel conquer. M that's so he cheated. Well, here's my question, he's seventy half wife.
Speaker 3: How entertaining is the steel conquer for children? Do children love just go ape shit for a steel conquer? I mean, if the if the popularity of steel, if everybody's got steel conquers in their pocket because children are just going crazy for them. Maybe it's a little more understandable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't imagined. I mean unless they're really really bored in this town, and maybe they are. The idea of just seeing a steel nut hanging on a string, if that really lights your candle, then it might be time to move to the next closest city and just I don't know, take a pilates class, get into something else.
Speaker 1: That's the part that that makes me suspicious the most is that that was his reasoning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you cheated, I guess I all right, So when I played lacrosse, our team in Reisterstown, Maryland, we were young guys and we were I don't know, ten, eleven, twelve, and our team name was the Lightning at that so we're the Racers down Lightning. But because of just other teams being waspy lacrosse players and us having the most diverse team by a mile, they everybody called our team the junkyard Dogs. Are you joking?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: So, oh yeah, I know, it's crazy, And then we lit them all up, so it worked. It was great, Like we were the bad News Bears and we were like the you know every sports movie. He was like the Preps versus the Valley. We were the Valley. Yeah, So to make to sort of split the difference, we ended up being the Rattlesnakes. So then we became the Reister's Down Rattlesnakes, which is truly badass snakes. That is a great name for any sport. So we're warming up before practice and we're just running drills. We're on our half of the field and I just feel this like hand on my shoulder and I look and it is our goalies dad, who is older than most of the other dads. He's probably sixty year old man, and he has wandered out onto the field and he grabs me by my shoulder and in the side of the helmet and he goes, hey, Scottie, I gotta tell you something. I go yeah. He goes rattle a little louder rattlesnake power, and I go yeah. He goes, yeah, rattle a little louder rattlesnake power, and I'm like And then he walks over to another player and keeps doing that, and then the coaches, grown men go get off the field. What did you do it? I only found out about five years ago that that man was a functioning alcohol When you're young, you don't know that. But I just love that he took the time to be like, I'm going to go and press these guys with something I just thought of right now. But the real result was total and absolute confusion in the brain of a prepebescenter. But just because you know, a full helmet and so there's little airhole farriers and just just warm, warm whiskey bread coming in there, Rat a little louder rattlesnake power. It's so cool that he thought that was awesome. And I hope he's still alive. And I would you.
Speaker 3: Guys, would you guys say it to each other? Would you guys say it to each other at games that after that?
Speaker 2: It didn't go beyond that day. And honestly, just because I have a good memory, I'm probably the only player on that field actually take that back. I remember some of the other guys like all looking at each other like what did he say to you? And we all said it, and we're like, oh, okay, I should make that a T shirt. You should make your T shirt and I should make that rat a little louder Rattlesnake power Man. It was so damn good.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're making a T shirt, it will be I mean that is the best.
Speaker 3: That is the best part about thinking something up is that you say that thing and now it is a concept in the world, and it travels through time and space all the way here, and then you make that T shirt and that drunk thought that that weirdo had now at ten am it on a Sunday morning exists in the world as a physical object in so many in a totally different context.
Speaker 2: It's the best part about stories. Well, I think you're right. I'm going to honor that nameless man and his nameless son. But yeah, it was like a ten am before the game, and that guy was just like he was ready to go.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 2: When you're a kid, you don't know. And then you kind of look back and you're like uncle Tippy and you're like, yeah, Uncle Tippy did always kind of smell like my friends and I when we get back from the bars at three am. That's what Uncle Tippy's for.
Speaker 1: Send us home, Scottie.
Speaker 2: Hmmm. Jody from Australia, I think sent this in. Also. Nick Kpeel sent this in thanks guys, Thank you guys. Hackers took over robotic vacuums to chase pets around the yell slurs. Oh wow, fantastic. This was in The Verge, written by Wes Davis, who is the best in the slur business. Someone gained access to Ecovac's d bot XC omni robotic vacuums across several US cities earlier this year and used them to chase pets at yell slurs at their owners.
Speaker 3: I mean also that name that give me that name of that robot that easy to rolls off the tongue name.
Speaker 2: Oh Kurt, how could you ever forget the Ecovax d bot X two omni robots vacuum. Not that it could easily have been the eed x two, but no e d x two with be erecked out dysfunction times Yes. The Outlet spoke with multiple d bot x two owners who said their d bot x two's had been hacked in May, including Minnesota lawyer Daniel Swinson, who said he was watching TV with his family when a noise like a broken radio signal started coming from his robots speaker. Why do they have speakers? Why that's insane. Yeah, well they have to they have to go when they're all done. Yeah, yeah, I have to make you feel good. Go home, he said. He reset the password and reboot his robot. It began again, only this time the sound was a clear voice. He guessed it was a teenager's yelling slurs. Other owners from El Paso and Los Angeles I've heard of that said that their de bot was used to antagonize a dog and yelling at it and chasing it. Ekovax told the statement, I told an outlet and the statement, we've identified credential stuffing event. Okay, it's called a credential stuffing event. R and block that IP address from originating it or I guess whoever did it can no longer do it. The company sounded found no evidence, thank goodness, that user names and passwords were collected by the attacker. So anyways, it was a flaw demonstrated. Ecovac said they're going to resolve it. Blue blah blah. But yeah, somebody's vacuum cleaners were chasing their animals and yelling slurs. So wonderful, amazing.
Speaker 3: Also, now that everything's starting to have a camera, I mean, that's it that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Over, It's over. Everything has a camera now. Yeah, less smart things go back to dumb things. Get a dumb vacuum that sucks forever, and that's the only way to live your life. Here's the dumb vacuums. Well, thank you Scotty, Thank you Curdie B. You're the best in the Beeswex two. Thanks to all bananas for listening to us. Bananas Bananas is an exactly right media production.
Speaker 1: Our producer and engineer is Katie Levine.
Speaker 2: The catchy Bananas theme song was composed and performed by Kahon.
Speaker 3: Artwork for Bananas was designed by Travis Millard and.
Speaker 2: Our benevolent overlords are the great Karen Kilgareff and Georgia Hartstart
Speaker 3: And Lisa Maggott is our full human, not a robot intern.