Speaker 1: This podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meet Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth, and today we're joined by Joannis, Brody Randall, Alec, Max and Sarah. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat Eater's four verticals, which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winner's choosing for the stat of the week. This week we're celebrating a meat Eater Trivia milestone. Brody Henderson has become the only player in Medeater Trivia history and the first player to achieve fifty career wins.
Speaker 3: But how did that happen?
Speaker 2: I lost the last time I played well, I hadn't updated the wins tracker were back in looks I learned that Brody's become the first player to fifty wins. It's almost as many as Steven Randall have combined. So well done, Brow, thank you, thank you all.
Speaker 1: I find that shocking.
Speaker 2: I think you're around thirty and Steve's around twenty.
Speaker 3: No more.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I thought you would have brought some like flowers and streamers for Brody.
Speaker 2: Well, we're trying to get Brody's long career long, yeah, long in the.
Speaker 3: Two I've been playing just as long as you, buddy.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah. I think last week we learned Brody as a forty win rate, which across you know, the decades he's been playing good enough to give him fifty wins.
Speaker 4: You're smart guy, Brody.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment.
Speaker 4: If you have a.
Speaker 2: Trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Medeater dot com with the subject line I f a Q. Tyler Park says, I'm tired of my kid making me listen to the same episodes of Meat Eater Kids. Please tell me more are on the way soon, Phil give him a update.
Speaker 5: Oh sure, Tyler. We have five new episodes that are going to air starting June thirtieth, So just a couple of weeks away, five new episodes. There's gonna be a couple of changes. Clay is taking over the why It's the Way it Is segments. You'll get some some apple Achian southern perspective.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Southern boy, Exactly.
Speaker 5: We got Maggie Hedlo doing Guess that Critter this season, and then Spencer, You're still doing Kid Kids Trivia. That'll be five weeks in a row starting June thirtieth, and.
Speaker 2: It's on the Meat Eater Kids podcast feed. It's very important. If you want to listen to this, you have to go find just type in Meat Eater Kids on Spotify, Iheart's Apple. Wherever you're listening Meat Eater Kids, you will find that feed. It's every Monday, starting June thirtieth for five straight weeks doing Randall.
Speaker 1: I'm doing my sandal grand call dude again. Oh I lost it. I had a real nice spot on my board, was doing.
Speaker 2: We have some housekeeping episode of Kids Trivia. I asked a question about which of these animals is not found in Lake Erie. The choices were alligator, Canada goose, and largemouth bass, and of course the right answer was alligator. But two weeks after that episode dropped, local news stations picked up an interesting story play The clip Phil.
Speaker 6: All right, how about this one serves along for a small alligator in Erie.
Speaker 1: Pennsylvania was caught on video last week just off of.
Speaker 5: The shore of Lake Erie.
Speaker 2: Yeah and lovely it is lovely right, And it's very unclear how this what they're saying, three to four foot alligator ended up in Lake Erie, but they suspect it may have been you see the eyeballs.
Speaker 1: There, it's looking at you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, non native speed. She's into the wild. It's against the law here in Pennsylvania no longer.
Speaker 6: They don't want the animal.
Speaker 2: And a wildlife officials did search for that gator, and although they said they found tracks, they never actually caught the reptile. But more importantly, that means for that question a Mediatter Kid's trivia, there was no wrong answer. So retroactively, everyone got it right, the gator and Erie pensil.
Speaker 7: You're one of those people that ever all kids get a trophy.
Speaker 2: Huh. Well, as soon as that local news stationed told me that there were gators in Lake Erie, they were all right, Brody, did you hear about that news being that was your hometown?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: I did not, But I feel like that happened like once a year, one of those things pops up somewhere.
Speaker 2: It's not supposed to be. Season three of Mediater Kids will be available on the mediater Kids podcast feeds starting June thirtieth. All right, the shelby in ex Fort today is a four, so our winner should get eight correct answers. And with that we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop phill. Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything?
Speaker 1: How's it just tend to win everything?
Speaker 3: Demon?
Speaker 4: I'm so ready?
Speaker 2: Question one. The topic is trapping, and as always, this will be multiple choice. According to the Beaver Institute, this is a beaver's least favorite tree? Is it pine willow, aspen or cherry? According to the Beaver Institute, this is a beaver's least favorite tree pine willow, aspen?
Speaker 8: Or would you write down Max?
Speaker 4: Same answer you did?
Speaker 1: How do you know?
Speaker 2: Sit next to each other? And I like that you guys like it.
Speaker 7: I like his answer just because it's the same as mine, But I know he won't win, so it's okay.
Speaker 2: Randall likes his baby Billy shirt that he wore it again this week.
Speaker 1: Imagine that you wash.
Speaker 3: It, same shorts, pretty clean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still full from that ham sandwich I just prior to last week's episode.
Speaker 2: Randall wrote it rolled in with a container full of a ham sandwich. What was that specifically?
Speaker 1: Ham? Okay, Swiss cheese, A little yellow mustard, little mayonnaise. Okay, cut diagonally, can't.
Speaker 5: Go wrong, alec.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to lose some weight today by wearing a rain jacket in this hot ass room.
Speaker 2: It's actually not too bad, but breathes. Yeah, come on, cheap, flash storm. It's a flashstorm.
Speaker 4: New colors these days.
Speaker 3: I'm told maybe he knows something's about to happen that we don't know.
Speaker 2: According to the Beaver Institute, this is a beaver's least favorite tree, pine, willow, aspin, cherry. Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Yannis saying pine, Sarah says cherry, randall cherry, alick pine, max pine, brody pine. The correct answer is pine. Beavers tend to avoid conifers such as pines, spruces, furs, and hemlocks because they have lower nutritional value and too much resin. Their preferred species include alder aspen, apple, birch, cherry, cottonwood, poplar, and willow. Ranking lower on the list are the hardest hardwoods, such as hickory, maple, and oak.
Speaker 7: I'm the fact that there's a thing called the beaver.
Speaker 2: Institute is beaver Institute? I don't think they would approve though, of what we like to do with Beaver's here. I think they're they're very Pearl Beaver to the point where they don't like trappers trapping. I don't know that for certain. I think that's Beaver too. We are a different way. Question two. The topic is fishing. This is our listener Question of the Week, which was won by Alex Frost for sending this great question. Alex is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the list Listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. Located between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, The Bay of Blank has the highest tides in the world.
Speaker 4: Hmm, this is where I go down.
Speaker 2: Hell is located between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. The Bay of Blank has the highest tides in the world. Why do we think it was Cherry on that last one? Randall decide to have too much flavor for him.
Speaker 1: I thought Cherry was a harder wood than the others.
Speaker 7: He's just reeling from the loss last week.
Speaker 5: Sorry, guys, we get cell phone off the table or getting some fuzzy.
Speaker 2: Oh Hell, located between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
Speaker 4: Well it is. I don't have the answer yet.
Speaker 1: I was actually just reading about buffalo hunters making pegs for staking out their hides, and cherry was one of the woods that they liked to split to make pegs. Somehow that informed my thinking.
Speaker 7: Where were they getting at where?
Speaker 1: I don't know They also a lot of times didn't know what they're talking about when they're right, But I believe them.
Speaker 2: The Beaver Institute, they said, beaver's are our partners and protecting and restoring the planet. Maybe it's our free beaver library has been crowdsourced for your benefit, from beaver basics to beaver history, information on beaver management and climate change. So I don't know what their stance is on anything.
Speaker 1: I think on that. I think based on that you don't typically trap and skin your partners and ecosystem restorations.
Speaker 2: Located between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, the Bay of blank as the highest tides in the world. Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Giannis saying fundy, Sarah says Montreal Randall Fundy, alec Queen's Max Salmon Brody Fundy. The correct answer is Fundy. The highest title range worldwide or the average title range worldwide, is three point three feet, but at the Bay of Fundy it's fifty two feet. Bay has such extreme tides because the waves oscillate almost perfectly in sync with the lunar cycle. The inlet's funnel like shape also plays a role creating the biggest tide swings at the back of the bay.
Speaker 4: It's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Two feet. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Uestion three, The topic is wildlife. According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, this is the most widespread turtle species in North America. Oh, this is question three. Very quick answer for Max. He's not going to share his answer with Brody this time around now. According to the US Fisher and Wildlife Service, this is the most widespread turtle species in North America.
Speaker 1: Did we not have this question already?
Speaker 2: We did not. I know what you're thinking. We have not had this question.
Speaker 4: Oh so maybe I'm thinking of that answer Spencer has.
Speaker 5: Whenever anyone challenges you on the repetition of a question, has anyone ever been right? I'm pretty sure they.
Speaker 2: Know because I haven't repeated any questions I go back and I check it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just remember a question that made me think I don't know that much about turtles.
Speaker 2: We can address that after this. According to the US Fish and Wildlife Service, this is the most widespread turtle species in North America. Brody's still working on his answer over here.
Speaker 3: Do they have these turtles where? You know?
Speaker 6: I don't know that many kinds of turtle.
Speaker 7: Give us a Give us a labrador example, I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just say labrador.
Speaker 8: That was your answer, But dog ain't gonna cut.
Speaker 9: Do According to the Fisher green red turtle species America, does this.
Speaker 4: Turtle have a shell? Live on lander water?
Speaker 3: Is this turtle have a heart?
Speaker 1: Shell?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your We have monsters, says painted ready, Alex says painted, Max says painted. Brody says soft shell, and he crossed out painted.
Speaker 1: I crossed the box.
Speaker 2: Correct answer is painted all three right, heavy.
Speaker 4: Not won once.
Speaker 2: Painted turtles are found in forty five states and eight provinces. The US Fish and Wildlife Service separates them into four subspecies, the Western, the Eastern, the Southern, and the Midlands. It's also the most common state reptile in America. That was a trivia question at our Michigan event. It was what's the most common state reptile in America? The correct answer was the painted turtle.
Speaker 1: That one.
Speaker 2: I believe turtle a readier slider. I think that is a turtle. Yes, that's like the one in Central Park in New York. Sick question for the topic is gear. This next great question is via Justin Robar The minues this Minnesota boot brand shares its name with a professional hockey team. Max and Randall already have their answer. Max the Max with a little emphasis on his writing. There, this Minnesota boot brand shares its name with a professional hockey team.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for a scoreboard update. And more than one m.
Speaker 2: Proud of you. Jabbroni is getting that painted turtle question right.
Speaker 1: Max.
Speaker 2: We've we've we've widened the definition to Jabroni.
Speaker 1: To just not be like conclusive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not one of the heavy hitters.
Speaker 4: So it's like five or less wins? Sure or ten maybe sure, there's a lot of wins a ws one.
Speaker 2: This Minnesota boot brand shares its name with a.
Speaker 1: I better get this one hometown. Let's quit talking, Let's quit what giving out a lot of hands.
Speaker 2: What kind of boots? But Sarah, do you have this one right?
Speaker 4: Think?
Speaker 6: So okay, it's a profession. I have a professional hockey team that also makes boots on my board.
Speaker 2: So okay, Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: No, hesitation, You don't. You don't like the small talk that's happening.
Speaker 1: I don't like I feel like we're giving out a lot of time, which should be a no brainer.
Speaker 2: Has now joined them? Yanni? Do you like your answer?
Speaker 1: Very much?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 4: Why don't you ask me?
Speaker 2: If I like your answer, I'll ask you Max. Do you like Brodie's answer? No? No, This Minnesota's brand shares its name with a professional hockey team.
Speaker 4: When Spencer asked you that, I don't change my answer after. In fact, I roll with it.
Speaker 1: Do you know where Alex's from?
Speaker 2: Maybe I did not know that this was your hometown? Aay, go ahead. We have Yanni and Sarah and Randall and Alec and Max saying red Wing, Brody says Bruins. The correct answer is red Wing Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Since I started asking a second, you're lying.
Speaker 2: The red Wing Boot Company is named after red Wing, Minnesota, which is where the brand is headquartered. The Detroit Red Wings are named after one of the team investors childhood teams, the Winged Wheelers. The team was formerly known as the Cougars and the Falcons.
Speaker 7: And that's just claimed victory already.
Speaker 2: Question five, The topic is cooking. According to the New England Aquarium, one and two million lobsters are this color? Oh five players very quick to answer, Yanni is just observing. According to the New England Aquarium, one and two million lobsters are this color? Five confident players joining.
Speaker 1: Them that I'm confident every two million lobsters sounds rather uncommon.
Speaker 2: According to the one and two million lobsters are this color? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Yanni saying why. Sarah Randall says white, Alec says blue. The correct answer is blue. Four of our players got that one right. Fisherman believe that catching a blue lobster is a sign of good luck. The unique coloring is due to an overabundance of a certain protein that turns the red pigments blue. Blue lobsters have sold for prices between five hundred dollars and one thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Do they turn red?
Speaker 8: When you cook them.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Was that apply to.
Speaker 2: Probably not crazy they cook them. We're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update. Max is very eager.
Speaker 4: Give it to me.
Speaker 5: In last place with two points, we have doctor Randall.
Speaker 1: Williams Oh, clearly there's something wrong with this game.
Speaker 3: Rand you might consider cutting that t shirt up.
Speaker 1: Two games, seventeen dollars on it by Billy's Bible bonkers.
Speaker 5: Na, Sarah and Brody have three points and tied up in first place, and Max with four guys.
Speaker 7: I'd like to think I could keep it up, but I just thought, question can you two out?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 1: You go?
Speaker 2: Question six? The topic is conservation. This next great question is via pressed in Dominie. This Republican president signed the Endangered Species Act into law in nineteen seventy three. Brody Randall very confident. This one seems as though all of our players are quick to answer. This Republican President signed the Endangered Species Act into law in nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 3: It's not my strength here, Okay, this falls under conservation.
Speaker 2: This is a conservation my weakest.
Speaker 5: That's why you were invited to b h a right.
Speaker 3: And they know I'm not drinking beer and they like to drink a lot of beer. There this boy, do they are you going Brody?
Speaker 2: No, Max wrote down the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I'm just I got another ship going on.
Speaker 2: This Republican president signed the Endangered Species Act into lawn in nineteen seventy three. Max wrote down an answer He's now revisiting his answers.
Speaker 4: Second thoughts Democrats?
Speaker 1: Well, Clinton was a Democrat.
Speaker 2: Brody and Alec are both watching him, putting a lot of pressure on men.
Speaker 4: The party also wasn't president.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, but it's fun to think about Max if.
Speaker 2: He washady, I'm not switching and reveal your answers. We have to be honest. And Sarah and Randall sayings and alexis Teddy Roosevelt, Max, Ronald Reagan, Brodie Nixon. The correct answer is Richard Nixon. Now we go down for very long. The Act had near unanimous approval by Congress. When Nixon signed the bill, he said, quote, nothing is more priceless and more worthy of preservation than the rich array of animal life with which our country has been blessed.
Speaker 7: Nixon to get more credit for being a conservation, Clean Air and Water Act.
Speaker 2: He signed that one as well. Question seven, the topic is woodsmanship. Merriam Webster defines this sixth letter word as quote the uppermost spreading branchi layer of a forest.
Speaker 4: I feel like we're flying through this episode.
Speaker 6: It's gone question.
Speaker 7: You feel in the pressure now, man ione on this one recent activity?
Speaker 3: Yes, I have been opening up the blank.
Speaker 4: Really big Big.
Speaker 2: Max is the only one still working on gave Max.
Speaker 1: I have an idea for trivia where we all just play in separate rooms.
Speaker 2: We can do scantrons.
Speaker 3: That sounds fun.
Speaker 1: That actually scantrons would be great.
Speaker 2: I've heard that scantrons are making a comeback because of all the cheating kids can do.
Speaker 1: It makes a ton of sense.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: It's just like the thing where you fill in a bubble with a pencil. A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't housed a scantron in a long time.
Speaker 2: Skull check.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just spell checking our answers over here.
Speaker 2: Do you have an answer?
Speaker 9: Max?
Speaker 2: Again, we are on question seven. Merriam web this spelling six letter word as the uppermost spreading branchy layer of a forest. Go ahead and reveal your answer everybody said, can everybo The correct answer is canopy.
Speaker 1: Come on, I need some tough questions so I can catch up with the we.
Speaker 2: This zone is also known as the overstory. It serves critical functions such as rainfall interception, light absorption, nutrient cycling, and gas exchange, and also provides habitat for squirrels, bats, raccoons, owls, sloths, frogs, leamers, parrots, and more. Yanni, you're opening up the canopy in Wisconsin.
Speaker 7: Huh cutting back on that sloth populations.
Speaker 3: That benefit for you a well, instead of the sunlight hitting the canopy, it will now hit the forest floor, allowing everything that's in that seed bank.
Speaker 2: Touris there you go?
Speaker 3: And actually I just got to report my boys from the uh Bow and Jacob they're helping me there from the US Fish and Wildlife Service there there walking it last week, getting prepping. They needed to see what was going on so they could tell me what herbicide I need to show up with next week. And they said, there are very few non natives.
Speaker 2: That would have been a different report a few years ago before you started this project.
Speaker 3: Or no, no, I think it would have been the same. But it's just you know, no one knows, you know, until you do the cut and things start popping.
Speaker 4: Question until a good buck.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, someone gets a good buck out of there.
Speaker 2: Question. Hey, the topic is cooking. Bread Crumbs, milk powder, and soy meal are examples of this type of ingredient which is added to sausage to make the meat stick together. Sarah Brody Randall, I don't have their answers already. Bread Crumbs, milk powder, and soy meal are examples of this type of ingredient which is added to sausage to make the meat stick together. Brody, did you like Max's answer?
Speaker 8: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: Max is really on top of it today, you know. And with that hint that Yannis gave him, he's got a chance.
Speaker 2: Yanni has a blank whiteboard for this one. Maybe you need to give him a hint to your Max.
Speaker 1: How about we not do any of this. Let's just get engaged.
Speaker 5: I will say the point stand right now. This is probably the tightest game of trivia.
Speaker 3: Love Randall's not having fun.
Speaker 2: Crumbs, milk powder, and soy meal example the max, which is added to sausage to make the meat stick together. Yanni still has a blank whiteboard. Alex, do you have this one right? Maybe by need to do big sausage.
Speaker 1: Let me see what you got, Brodie, let me sit you got Max?
Speaker 4: Let me see what you got?
Speaker 2: Well? Do you two agree?
Speaker 1: I have a thing?
Speaker 2: Okay, ye, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Just thought we could all gang up on you. Honest, I don't feel about my performances.
Speaker 2: Stumbling on question eight. Breadcrumbs, milk powder, and soy meal are examples of this type of ingredient, which is added to sausage to make the meat stick together. Is everybody ready, so go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Yannis saying bonding agent. Sarah says binding Randall, binding agent, Alec Binder, Max Binder, Brody binder. The correct answer is binder given to binding agent. I don't think we're gonna give it to bonding. People don't call it bonders. I do call it.
Speaker 8: Binders, binding bonding.
Speaker 7: It's kind of close tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Besides getting the meat to bind to the fat, binders also prevent shrinkage and help with moisture retention. Without a binder, cased sausages are more likely to crumble when opened, other than bread crumbs, milk powder, and soy meal, Commonly used binders include cornstarch, corn meal, oatmeal, carrot fiber, rice, and eggs.
Speaker 7: I feel like you don't really only need to add that stuff if there's not enough fat in there.
Speaker 2: What do you use a binder?
Speaker 4: I've used a binder sometimes, like when I'm making burgers, sometimes.
Speaker 6: Essentral for meat balls.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I would like to get that meat to bond together.
Speaker 4: Using bond.
Speaker 7: What's your favorite bonding bond? James, Phil We have two questions left.
Speaker 2: I'm excited one who even knows what the score is?
Speaker 5: That's a tight game there that question. After question eight, everyone is still in the game. Joannis and Randall have five points. Sarah, like Max and Brody are tied for first six points.
Speaker 2: We need to find out if there's ever been a game where everyone's been in it this late.
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's happened.
Speaker 3: I don't think question.
Speaker 2: Question nine the topic is hunting. This next right question is al ducks Unlimited. Refers to these as quote decoys that imitate species you don't intend to shoot, but are often found hanging around waterfowl.
Speaker 8: I got that one before Max and myself.
Speaker 2: Hunter doesn't have an answer yet either, does Randal Ducks Unlimited refers to these as decoys that imitate species you don't intend to shoot, but are often found hanging around waterfowl. Sarah, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I highly doubt it. Okay, never even pointed a shotgun at a dog?
Speaker 2: Randall, do you have this one right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: How about you, Alex, he's drawing.
Speaker 3: Rend's making a joke over there.
Speaker 2: Doug's unlimited refers to these as decoys that imitate the species you don't intend to shoot, but are often found hanging around waterfowl.
Speaker 1: I think this is how you play trivia.
Speaker 4: I think you're ready.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? We have Yanni saying confidence Sarah. Turn your answer around, Sarah, let's say buddy decoys. Randall says decoy decoys. Ax and Magi and Brody say, confidence decoys. The correct answer is confidence decoys.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Confidence decoys are meant to add realism to spreads and make waterfowl feel safer about landing. Examples of confidence decoys include swans, coots, herons, seagulls, crows, cranes, and and ducks. When you're goose hunting or geese when you're duck hunting, you use a max.
Speaker 4: When I was growing up, I was a big proponent of like blue hair and decoys or swan dkoy. But now I don't.
Speaker 2: I wish some truth to it, for sure. I wish other hunters would start using confidence decoys. Like imagine a turkey hunter who put a deer decoy out yeah, or like a deer hunter who had a turkey decoy out there, strut like that. Here's the correct answer review so far. One was pine tree two, fundy three, painted turtle, four, red wing five blue six, Richard Nixon seven, canopy eight, binder nine confidence decoys. Let's get another scoreboard update before question ten.
Speaker 1: Tight.
Speaker 5: Oh g Fortunately that last question has eliminated.
Speaker 1: I could have never come up with the word confidence today.
Speaker 2: Everyone else, what's this this one?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 5: We're right there because Giannis and Sarah have six points and tied for first are Alec, Max and Brody with seven.
Speaker 2: Question ten, the topic is biology my birds birds. The California Department of Public Health defines this ten letter word as quote a virus that spreads through the urine droppings or saliva of wild rodents. Oh my gosh, nobody, those.
Speaker 5: Are My favorite question tens the.
Speaker 2: Stumpers, the spelling questions. We may have a zero percenter, though, based on how our room looks.
Speaker 1: Unrelated to this question, there are those There are those decoys for big game hunters that are like cattle. Oh yeah, that's a confidence. Sure like that add a little bit of value to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Two de antelope decoy sneak behind. The California Department of Public Health defines this ten letter word as a virus that spreads through the urine droppings or saliva of wild rodents. This could be a zero percenter. Nobody looks like they even have a prayer on this one.
Speaker 1: No, I my guess was nine letters.
Speaker 2: Phil, What have you gotten this right?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not? No?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Can I phone a friend.
Speaker 2: Who would know this?
Speaker 1: You think.
Speaker 2: Maybe the California Department of Public Health defines this ten letter word as a virus that spreads through the urine droppings or saliva of wild rodents. Remind me, Phil, if nobody gets this right, who is going to overtime this week?
Speaker 5: Alec, Max and Brody?
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on, just don't put anything down I Brody, if Brody just up them off of the knees right now.
Speaker 6: That's counting letters. That's probably not good for the rest of us.
Speaker 1: Well, he's counting letters and then he grabbed his chin and he's puzzled.
Speaker 2: So I think he might be a letter short or two mini letters. A virus that spreads through the urine droppings or saliva of wild rodents. It is a ten letter word. A real stumper.
Speaker 1: Mmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Do our players give up?
Speaker 1: I've got a joke.
Speaker 2: Answer again, Okay, get to laugh this time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got one laugh last time.
Speaker 3: Is it from you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: One word? One word that I know. I ten letter word. A virus that spreads through the urine droppings or saliva of wild rodents.
Speaker 4: Come on, times up?
Speaker 8: All right, let's go to a tiebreaker.
Speaker 3: Do you excuse me? Yanni?
Speaker 2: Do you give up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. Sarah without an answer, Randall says ratitui u Alex without an answer. Max says pathogen and.
Speaker 7: I had tulimia hanta virus. Tried making hydrophobia work.
Speaker 2: No answer. The correct answer is handa virus.
Speaker 3: Word.
Speaker 8: Well, then you got to give it to me, not one. Come on, here's that.
Speaker 2: The the c d C hantavirus that's one word there. M hmm, male clinic one.
Speaker 8: Let's go to aak recently, like.
Speaker 2: People that become infected with hantavirus when they breathe in particles of dried rodent droppings. The virus is carried by mice, rats, and voles, with about one hundred thousand people globally getting hand to virus each year. The states with the most cases are Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona. I believe that hantavirus is what killed Gene Hackman's wife earlier this year.
Speaker 1: We were just making jokes about I always called it hantavirus.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong. I don't know that.
Speaker 1: We're just making jokes about that. The other week when we're standing a cabin.
Speaker 2: Mm, Brody elected to go with no answer instead of just keeping.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Brody, I'll let you in.
Speaker 2: We're going to overtime play the drop phill.
Speaker 8: Type breaker.
Speaker 1: Two out of three.
Speaker 5: They just cut it at if you ain't first your laughs, and then like going to other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: I never liked it, they Phil off Man. The tie breaking topic is hunting. This will be a numerical question. Whoever is closest between Brody, Max, and Alec will be declared the winner, but the other three players will play along as well, because if somebody gets it right on the nose, meat Eater will add an extra one hundred dollars donation to the end of the game. What was the cash prize for winning the twenty twenty four World ELK Calling Championship in the Professional Division. What was the cash prize for winning the twenty twenty four World ELK Calling Championship in the Professional Division. That competition took place about thirty miles from us in Big Sky, Montana.
Speaker 1: So maybe it's more money than I thought.
Speaker 2: What was the cash prize for winning the twenty twenty four World ELK Calling Championship in the Professional Division? Was the cabin you were saying in did it have some mouse droppings around?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Okay, I did, and you said, ha ha, maybe one of us will get high to virus, And.
Speaker 1: That's exactly how it went down. We kind of make that joke every time it st out of forest service cabinet.
Speaker 2: What was the cash prize for winning the twenty twenty four World out Calling Championship in the Professional Division.
Speaker 3: It's a good reason not to do any sweeping you can leave there still feel bad about it because you don't want to get the dust line closest to Alex.
Speaker 2: Do you have an answer?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, Brody has his answer. Whiteboard is down, headphones are off. He's still thinking about that question. Ten Max. Yeah, I'll just stick a man. Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Yanni saying ten thousand dollars. Sarah says one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. Randall says seventy five thousand dollars. Our three players left. We have Alex saying twenty five thousand, Max saying thirty thousand. Brody's saying ten thousands more money, and he'll call we got kind of in the milliar the correct answer, Oh my goodness, it's five thousand dollars, making Brody the ten thousand dollars. Oh, it comes back and gets the victory anyway. Wow, that's a heartbreaker. Yeah, five grand that doesn't seem like enough.
Speaker 1: That barely covers your staying big Sky.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The competition is held annually. Bet r ef Tony Gilbertson of Oregon was the winner, defeating ten time champion Corey Jacobson and two time champion bo Brooks. Gilbertson was using his Tony Gilbertson signature Phelps call. In the competition five thousand dollars prize, Brody was the closest by doubling it ten thousand dollars. Brody, what are you gonna do with your five hundred dollars donation this.
Speaker 7: Week after defeating the Access Initiative?
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars going to meat eater Lai? Max Is that the closest, No, you've won before, Alex, that's the closest you've come, right.
Speaker 1: That is the closest.
Speaker 2: That's what how to feel? Alec Is that was that really defeating? Or you like? Damn? That was nice?
Speaker 4: Brody deserved it?
Speaker 2: Yeah he did? O Wow.
Speaker 4: Ifcious loss, I would have gave my winning to Brody.
Speaker 8: Max is the real gentleman.
Speaker 2: Okay. I'd like you two boys be a little more worked up, allow more angry.
Speaker 1: You allow all this collaboration and then you're surprised when they're on good terms at the end.
Speaker 2: Of the game. The all time winningest player Brody and Victory fifty one to.
Speaker 3: Next week for more trivia.
Speaker 2: The only game show where conservation always wins. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yes, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host, using those smooth, mellow tones, he lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three old bucks. It is an avid amateur
Speaker 8: Lockhowh