Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of who do You Trend You Are? I am at this courtesy of maneche Wow put that ship up in the discord on the twelve year anniversary of Who Do You Think You Are? I Am Sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, it seems like it's gotta.
Speaker 1: Be older than that, but maybe that's just because the world of the styles of professional bowling, one of my favorite magazines is probably trail by at.
Speaker 2: Least a decade. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. Does everyone have their shirt tucked in when they're bowling professionally? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, you don't want that thing flopping around down there?
Speaker 2: Wait? What thing? And how does this shirt?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that shirt shirt pail flopping around while you're trying to get sure.
Speaker 2: I took my shirt to keep my junk from flopping around?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, what do you think I was talking about?
Speaker 3: You know, like those like blouses that like that wear like a bikini kind of thing that have like the bottom, Yeah, they got like the onesie kind of buttons on the bottom. Do they make those for dudes to keep their junk from flop around they're bowling?
Speaker 2: I mean they when they're bowling.
Speaker 1: That the only reason they really should be TVH Miles.
Speaker 2: They really should. Yeah, or just do it.
Speaker 3: And you have like the little like dick window so you can still peel like you don't have to unhook your shirt when you got to go to the bathroom and you still want to keep that professional.
Speaker 2: Look the dick window.
Speaker 3: I hated tucking in my shirt, like I just fucking I don't know why I have such a like a like a physical response to tucking my shirt and when I do it, I'm like, this is not fucking me at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And yeah, you do it constantly. You're always tucked.
Speaker 3: I know, taking in my crew neck sweatshirts, tucking in my hoodies and always like, dude, I don't know what you need to do that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes you do, dude. And my junk's going to be flopping around when I'm podcasting. What am I gonna do? Just leave it flopping around down there? On? Man, Just.
Speaker 1: Get your get your waistband like six inches too big so that it can fit a fit a jacket, your jacket. Yeah, all right, Well I'm Jack. This is a who do you think you are? I am appreciation podcast? Yes, and also where we tell you about all the things that are trending. On this Tuesday, March fifth, we got a Max password sharing crackdown.
Speaker 2: Come at all our asses? Oh man, it's you know everybody.
Speaker 3: Once Netflix started doing it, then Disney Plus had to start doing it. Now fucking Max is doing it. So yeah, I guess we've been warned. I guess figure out a way to share your passwords while you can, right, so they can make the mine go up?
Speaker 2: Does Max have it? Like that? Is Max going?
Speaker 1: Because Netflix had the password sharing crackdown and it was apparently very successful, they started making a lot of money. Is Max that inelastic of a product?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I feel like if we're talking about what by user number, it's up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be it's nowhere near Netflix.
Speaker 3: No, it's Netflix up top, then uh Amazon back, then Disney Plus.
Speaker 2: Then Max. Actually it's ahead of Hulu. I guess. No, that can't be anyway either way. I mean, I think it's people.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like, that's how you get your HBO, that's how you scratch the HBO.
Speaker 2: It's now.
Speaker 1: I have heard various places that Hulu a bit wobbly.
Speaker 2: That Hulu might not be here.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's starting to be starting to call people by the wrong name now exactly the name Tina a good guy. He's a great Guy's a great guy. That guy love Argentina.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Uh yeah, it'll be interesting to I mean I don't I actually don't care, but will be interesting to see if.
Speaker 3: The only thing, yeah, we'll see is how profitable it is. And then everyone is just going to be like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's not like they're going to lose business from a password sharing crackdown. You know, it's just the people will stop watching their product who can't afford it. But guys, here's my advice, and we'll talk about it on tomorrow's episode. Just start eating cereal for din yeah exactly, and then you can watch all the Sopranos you want exactly.
Speaker 2: That's the secret with this one neat trick. The millionaires don't know about.
Speaker 1: The chicken farmers don't want you to know about. Hey, speaking of chicken farmers, we got a tasting table dot com list. We ranked twenty six classic American sandwiches from worst to best. Sometimes there is blatant clickbait that I just have to take my hat off to and say Yep, you got my ass. I'm in for the I'm not There's no way I'm not reading this list twenty six to one and disagreeing with it so much that I'm like gonna maybe call my dad to complain about it.
Speaker 2: This list is infuriate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's this is brilliant outrage bait because it doesn't look I'm just gonna run it down from twenty six hot dog, Ruben sandwich, French.
Speaker 2: Rodney is fucking pissed for hockey.
Speaker 3: Twenty three, Chicago Beef twenty two, Sloppy Joe's I'm sorry Sloppy Joe's before of Chicago beef and a French dip and a Ruben no anyway, then club sandwich, hot lobster roll, egg salad, sandwich, cheeseburger at eighteen, po boy at seventeen, pastramion riot sixteen cheese steak, then chop cheese, then cold lobsterroll. How come lobsters getting double representation here?
Speaker 1: Like then the cubit and by the state of Maine. I feel like like number one, which I feel like is a regional sandwich that is mostly enjoyed in New England.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cuban sandwich at twelve Italian sandwich. I think there's just like a hagy, you know, like a grinder, you know what I mean with uncles and grab a hagy exactly. Bro Then number ten tuna salad, nine breakfast sandwich, just breakfast sandwich generally, eight meatball palm, seven pulled pork, six chicken salad, five Nashville hot chicken sandwich, four peanut, butter and jelly, three bagel and cream cheese, two grilled cheese, and number one drum roll, please, mister executioner, a fluff for anudder, fluffer nutter At number one.
Speaker 1: I'm truly speechless. I don't like that is a list of twenty six sandwiches. Yeah, arguably, I mean bageling, cream cheese not really a sandwich, I guess, but you know, sure, I'll allow it.
Speaker 2: Hot dog like a bacon, egg.
Speaker 3: And cheese is a sandwich to me, and cream cheese. It's like saying like, oh, I put two pieces of toast with butter together, and I'll call that my toast and butter sandwich.
Speaker 2: Right, That's not how this works, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right off the bat, hot dog being the worst American sandwich, yeah, is an absolute trapsy. It doesn't it doesn't make sense because did.
Speaker 3: We Are we the ones that put it in bread, right, versus like it's just being a frankfooter.
Speaker 1: Yeah that you just eat with a fork and knife.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean they're just saying, like, well, the whole thing is it has to be it says, quote the only way to give a hot dog any flavors to smother it in toppings and hope the butN is somewhat palatable and spoiler alert, it rarely is Who's who is doing this?
Speaker 2: Who's doing this kind of damage to our country? Right now? It's somebody new is they do it?
Speaker 1: Admit in the article hot Lobster roll right up starts as a native New Englander. Yeah, that's what I thought, you see exactly, You're not an American.
Speaker 2: Someone went to the universe. You went to University of Vermont. Uh huh oh nailed on. I fucking knew it. And also this person is an expert in veganism and plant based eating. I'm sorry, but like then, you're you're.
Speaker 3: Not engaging with the products that you're ranking in a way that I feel is unbiased or honorable. But anyway, well, like this the article did what's supposed to do. I'm thoroughly outraged. Dude, A French dip is what's your favorite of these ones? You don't have to rank them, but like, what what's the one?
Speaker 2: What's one?
Speaker 1: I mean? I like the high ranking of the grilled cheese, Like I think a grilled cheese is a great sandwich that is like very easy to make, you know, easy to make, always.
Speaker 2: There in a pinch.
Speaker 1: The better the bread, the worse the cheese. For me, I like an American cheese, but like the better it gets. Nashville hot chicken sandwich is great. I don't know like the the ones that I'm also being influenced by the pictures that they chose, you know, like the fucking hot dog that they chose has a has.
Speaker 2: Ketch up on it. It's like, get the what what? It also like all over the bun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really like the They defaced this this hot dog. I'm not a huge I'm not, but admittedly, I just don't think I've had the right one. I've not had like the right Chicago beef experience to like fully judge that I don't love a club sandwich. I mentioned this, and you got very mad at me. I have not had a good poe.
Speaker 2: Boy, Jesus fucked up. I haven't. I can't believe it. And I'm asking where did you go to have you to have a terrible pole boy, because you can get a decent one in l A too.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'm gonna have to try it New Orleans. I didn't realize that the youth threat when I said this earlier, you said this was your.
Speaker 3: Last yeah, And I said it was racist to say.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm like, you don't like poor people, That's all you're saying it mainly the name that I don't like. I don't want to. Yeah, I mean that's why I like.
Speaker 3: Going to New Orleans is such a like rite of passage for people who love like good food too, because you like, also like a muffle letta should be on there. That's also a fantastic sandwich that I mean, maybe it's Italian or whatever, but shit, I had one in New Orleans made my wig blowback.
Speaker 1: Breakfast sandwich is I think if you're just going to give a single entry to every breakfast sandwich, I feel like that would probably need to.
Speaker 2: Be closer to number one. For me.
Speaker 1: Breakfast sandwiches are one of the great food.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I agree. I agree. Well, anyway, you've you've you've successfully trolled us tastingtable dot com.
Speaker 1: Meatballparm, I would say, is to me what the subway tuna melt is to you. I will always eat a meatball parm, including it subway, including when they like stir, when they're like meat.
Speaker 2: Ball huh oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like we do have that and like stir the thing and there's like the skin on top of it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Still, I'll still fuck that up. Yeah, yeah, those are probably my faves. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back, and we're back. We're bad, and shrink flation is on the American mind, and Cookie Monster has weighed in. He said, me hate shrink flation. Me, cookies are getting smaller. Sad face, although I think.
Speaker 2: The is that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like a sad emoji, but I feel like it's also like kind of looks like it's having an orgasm. Maybe the eyes are closed and it's looking down a little bit.
Speaker 2: But anyways.
Speaker 1: This prompted the original Muppet performer who played Cookie Monster, Frank Oz, to get in his feelings and was like, I'm shocked to see a news article on Cookie Monster talking about shrink flation. Jim would never have allowed this. The Sesame Street muppets need to live in their own pure world, not our world. What has happened to the integrity of the character and the integrity of Sesame Workshop. I'm of two minds here. On the one hand, if he's just mad that Cookie Monster is using the very stupid word shrink flation, and he's just like it cheapens it because shrink flation is like a dumb word that was clearly invented by like a producer at CNN or whatever, I'm fine with the outrage.
Speaker 2: However, like Sesame Street is.
Speaker 1: Very like was created by a like socially conscious initiative to make educational material more widely available to underprivileged people, has routinely commented on everything from death to racism to nine to eleven over the years. So I don't know where this is got. I'm just hoping that this is not how I find out that Frank Oz is like, that's why Donald we need to give Donald Trump a No.
Speaker 2: He's he's definitely opposed to Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's yeah, he's come out and said that, like very clearly he said.
Speaker 2: I think he said quote.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, we need to realize that Donald Trump is now legitimately mentally ill.
Speaker 2: His his behavior this week has crossed the line.
Speaker 3: But that I think that's when maybe he was in office or something like that. But yeah, I don't know, Like part of me is just like I wonder if for him being such a og sesame Street person, you know what I mean, Like because he was Fazzy Bear he was, he would and I know not all these are sesame Street, but og Henson person like miss Piggy Kermit, fucking Yoda cookie Monster, he's done it all that. I think maybe as someone who's like, yo, I was with Jimmy, right, yeah, he would not fucking He's like, he would not be fucking with this because even he passed away before nine to eleven and he wouldn't have talked about this shit.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I feel like that's maybe like his kind of old head, like like old head hip hopper kind of shit.
Speaker 1: Where he's like, yeah, it's like an NBA player.
Speaker 2: About this ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So maybe that's that's my charitable positive version rather than slowly being like and that's why that's why the Muppets are too scared to talk about vaccine injuries.
Speaker 2: You're like, whoa, whoa, Frank Gods, what the fuck? Please, sir? Why do you turn into a Sopranos character. I don't know. It's because that's why they're scared to talk about the game.
Speaker 1: Even though I was born in England, if Jim Henson was around, the Muppets would have been pro nine to eleven. What the whole like behind the tap doesn't Yeah, anyway, still with this, I'm seventy nine years old. Biden administration jumped on it, you know there. I don't think this is cause and effect, but people are pissed off about this. I think underst standably, stone like the price gouging that is happening, companies triggering their products while charging the same or more. And you know Biden is using this. He made a video about snackshri inflation during the super Bowl. And this has been a thing that people in the Democratic Party and like progressives have been like trying to push him toward for a while. I know Elizabeth Warren was talking about this like even early on the administration, like twenty one, right, I've been pushing Yeah, we blamed corporations for the biggest surge in consumer prices in for decades, and he's been, you know, dragging his heels like a democratic president. But now at least he's saying something, So that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, at least they're saying something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, which I think leads perfectly into our next story.
Speaker 1: They're saying something. Kamala Harris called for a ceasefire in Gaza. Sort of not really. Yeah, so she made headlines by calling for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza. The headlines proclaimed that she called out Israel and is escalating the administration's rhetoric on this issue. But weirdly, after she states there must be an immediate ceasefire, everybody cheers, and then she adds for at least the next six week.
Speaker 3: It was comical the way the delivery of that came out, like it really felt like you're like, oh shit, okay, we're doing this. Now, we're saying immediate ceasefire, and through it it was just like because she had said there must be an immediate immediate seasfire and was like yeah, and she was like, oh fuck, I gotta complete the whole sentence here for at least this that next six weeks and then but yeah, it's you know, I guess taking the babiest of steps to get towards trying to end the suffering of people. This is like, while we're also read headlines about the famine that is hitting the region and like the just the devastating, like the devastating, caloric loss that human beings are having to endure because of the aid not getting there, or just you know, waiting to figure out what the polling's gonna be if I could, if I should say this, Yeah, so that's potentially on the table. Uh, but yeah, let's let's just let's see something, please, because time is of the essence and many people are suffering in the most fucked up way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have noticed that, like, for instance, she put the blame for a lack of ceasefire on Hamas, but like the same day that she gave the speech, it was reported that Israel didn't even show up to a Sunday ceasefire meeting with Hamas in Egypt. Yeah, the sentiment I'm seeing from a lot of like Biden supporters is like, well, Hamas doesn't even want the dang ceasefire.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and I mean if if you look at anything the history of negotiating between Israel and Palestinians, there's a lot of like, here's the worst deal ever. Oh, you're not gonna take it. I guess you're not a.
Speaker 2: Serious and they don't.
Speaker 3: You're not serious because we're gonna give you the most one sided thing to take. And I can only imagine that both sides are communicating their displeasure at what what the terms are going to be by not coming to the negotiating table.
Speaker 2: And we find ourselves in a very grim situation.
Speaker 3: And that's where you know, you hope that a third party, like the country that is, you know, doing most of the army, can say.
Speaker 2: You need to fucking figure this out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I need a little help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, help me out here.
Speaker 3: But again, like you know, we've there's we've seen the reporting like net and Yahu's like, I'm fine with Trump too, Bro's I'm trying to wait out Biden. So yeah, ah, man, complicated, shit gets more complicated.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the US has inspired some good things abroad, and I think we should be proud of this. Uh, France will become the first country in the world to explicitly enshrine abortion rights into its constitution. Wow, because they saw how fucked up things have gotten in the US. Oh glad we can be the It's just like the low hanging fruit of Like yeah, I mean obviously everybody believes this, but like if we officially do it, it's a win for Macron. And because like nobody doesn't think this is a good idea, but because the US is so fucked up, we can you know, pretend like this needs to happen in France and get a quick like political hit from the left because he's been doing Macron has been doing a bunch of you know, legislation to roll back rights of immigrants in France as like you know, giving way to the right wing. And so this is like his and here's one for you guys on the left triangulation.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is also meanwhile too, and like Biden like recently, like in this New Yorker interview, he's like, I'm gonna I'm gonna pass Roe v. Wade as the law of the land. We're like, yeah, you keep saying that. But then he goes on and he said, quote, I've never been supportive of you know, it's my body.
Speaker 2: I can do with what I'll do what I want with it. Biden said that, yeah, to soften it.
Speaker 3: And then but basically it's like, you know, going on, It's like, but I have been supportive of the notion that ROE is probably the most rational allocation of responsibility that all the major religions have signed on and debated over the last thousand years.
Speaker 2: What are you, bro, sir?
Speaker 3: Be a little more unequivocal here, Yeah, Like, and I get that you're trying to be like, hey man, I'm still a Catholic deep down, Like this isn't the fucking sixties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but hey, some of us are living in a time war. So there's that.
Speaker 3: Now we need the echo of the French legal system to reverberate over here.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, we fucked up with you know, uh like health health care, access in your body autonomy and woke y'all up. And now we need full on screen fests of court rooms. That's right, just to make the just to make the fall as.
Speaker 2: As as entertaining as possible anatomy of a fall.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, all right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, March fifth. We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,