Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Well it's a joy later, Bill, it's a joyful time inside the s w b C.
Speaker 2: Why is that? Why is that, sir?
Speaker 4: We have a vacant because we got no We got people outside the pads.
Speaker 3: That's right. We've got football players on a football field where we pads.
Speaker 5: Mickey's out there with pegs.
Speaker 3: He is on the football field. He's getting good. Tryout out.
Speaker 2: Check that Achilles. See how it's going?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I, Savanta, you don't know Mickey has had a well, yeah.
Speaker 2: Achilles accident.
Speaker 3: He doesn't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't think she can't, he brings. I don't think she can't. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Whenever whenever an NFL player has an achilles.
Speaker 2: We gotta go through Mickey.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you about my achilles.
Speaker 2: We got to go through Mickey.
Speaker 3: Mine's worse than you.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, it was horrible. Let me tell you about it.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, I tried. Isn't it fun when Nicky's not here can talk.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: We can talk about Mickey.
Speaker 2: That's good stuff.
Speaker 5: To watch this back later.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be gonna come back mad. You know, he's always mad.
Speaker 3: She'll teach him to show up like, uh, but I guess we're going to Are we going to find anymore?
Speaker 5: Is it an excuse that I'll give him some credit? He was early to the press conference room today. He was ready to go for coach.
Speaker 2: He must really be.
Speaker 3: Okay, act like act like, act like. We haven't been talking about.
Speaker 4: We have not been talking about Okay, we have not been talking about who cares about stags? Yeah, we don't care about spags and nobody cares, you know, we just hear it all the time.
Speaker 3: I'm just amazed there are football players on a football field outdoors here with all the raid we got last name, Wow? Do we have natural natural glass on one field?
Speaker 2: The far field?
Speaker 5: That's when they're on.
Speaker 6: Right you they redid he also had an owner on the field.
Speaker 2: I heard about that. That's your excuse, right, excuse?
Speaker 6: It was my priority not sitting here chit chatting.
Speaker 2: With you guys. Hey, how do you know that's what we were doing.
Speaker 3: I know what you're back and listen to the beginning of the show. Yeah, where your ears burning?
Speaker 6: You want me to just put my phone up to the microphone, so you know what he said? Yeah, until the music started, they were practice. Yeah, they got ready to start practicing. So the music cranked up, and oh, cay, can I put this right in his face?
Speaker 4: They don't realize that the owner is out there on the field.
Speaker 3: No, I know before and there hasn't been a crowd of reporters around him.
Speaker 6: He's out there all the time, Yeah, but probably not when he makes himself available to the reporters.
Speaker 2: He must have watched.
Speaker 6: He must have been in a good mood because we crossed in the elevator and he goes, oh, good to see you. Good to see you too.
Speaker 2: Okay, you never get that good to be seen. Nobody gets that. Bag never gets that from anything.
Speaker 6: I get it from him all the time. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: So nothing he didn't reveal. Uh.
Speaker 6: He basically said he didn't think from a trade deadline thing. That he said he didn't see anything out there that would make him jump to do you know whatever, but that you never know when someone comes to you, you know, he goes, Obviously, I'm not to posed to trading, as you've seen from my history. And he said basically, and if you know, if you're coming to me, you better be prepared to do it, because you know I will. And he said he thought that this roster as it is right now is good enough to get them to where they want to go. So he's happy with the roster.
Speaker 3: Key word there is as it is right right now.
Speaker 6: That's right. And so you never know what happens at two o'clock on Tuesday, right.
Speaker 3: Right, or two o'clock on Sunday, which.
Speaker 6: Could also write or three o'clock on Sunday after the game's over.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: He also talked about how there's a kind of and I caught it just at the end of it, underlying feelings playing a team like the Rams and their history and you know, kind of where he grew up and you know, the whole whole deal, Matthew Stafford kind of coming home and all the respect he had for the RAMS organization.
Speaker 4: So RAMS organization closely tied to the Cowboys organization.
Speaker 6: Right, and a lot of history playoff history, personnel history, where tech Shram came from. Kind of got his start in football, so yeah, yeah, And he hadn't done that out at practice yet. That was the first time this year. I think he's himself available, so he must be in a good mood.
Speaker 3: Why I looked out there, I saw the reporters huddled around somebody. I figured it might be Jerry. I thought we got some breaking news.
Speaker 6: It wasn't breaking. It's just a veil. It was funny because we crossed after I finished my report with the fan. Oh yeah, there's a game on Sunday. People are in town, right, tours are big.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: I went up back to my desk after I passed him in the elevator and got my stuff, and then I looked out and I was kind of watching practice, and then all of a sudden, I saw a pack of people and I said, oh, I shouldn't get hurried down.
Speaker 4: That's right, absolutely, So he didn't think that there's anyone out there that that uh.
Speaker 2: He didn't his whistle.
Speaker 6: He didn't put it that way.
Speaker 3: Sort of.
Speaker 6: Depending on what the price is, right, the availability to what you have to get give up. He didn't figure there because there's I just kind of reading on the internet today that you know, everybody's saying, well, the Cowboys want a cornerback, and I was like, well, okay, And then I thought about it, and it's like, well, if you get a sweetheart deal and you get a starter cheap, then let's think about the future, right because if Gilmore is only plays on a one year deal, then you're going to need another corner next year. Right now, what would be the cost. Well, if one is available that was a former first round pick on his original contract, you don't have to account for the the sighting bonus, right just the base salaries and the base salaries second, third, fourth year aren't that high. And if the guy's that good and you like them coming out of the draft, then you know why not and you look at it not for this year, but for next year, and it might be the cheapest way to get another starting corner because you can't have enough corners, right.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: I mean, we've been waiting on someone to say that. We've never said that in this room, you know, That's what I know. We've never said those words in this room. So I've been cheating watching some of the other shows and they were throwing out some names.
Speaker 6: Well be careful now because they're don't say other people said, we.
Speaker 3: Can say it if if we say, other people have said that I was cheating watching the always that producer supreme not on his watch.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir Christopher, he's.
Speaker 6: Got the button. They're not cussing, but they're saying the wrong.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe you can disguise it by saying the type player that you're talking.
Speaker 4: About, a big bruiser, you know, big big, you know, ground and pound guy you know, at a particular position that carries the ball. That's good, vgew vague, don't have to be that's better.
Speaker 2: He said, that's about all I got.
Speaker 6: And in that case, it will cost you a lot.
Speaker 2: Yes it will, yes it will, it will well, but he knows what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and the same thing at yeah, and the same thing at the cornerback position.
Speaker 4: Too, and wide receiver position and wide receive because they've got you know, some guys out there that bring it all in.
Speaker 2: They love the gamble, you know, sin city.
Speaker 6: You know, the good thing they catch the ball, not not carry the ball. The good thing out not really big.
Speaker 2: That's kind of my size. So it was good.
Speaker 6: I have everybody out there practicing, though, So that's a that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How about that injury report yesterday, that was great. There was one person on the injury report and he was a full participant, and that's one Yea Thomas.
Speaker 2: I saw him out there when we left. I saw him running around.
Speaker 3: And why was he even on there?
Speaker 6: That was because you because he had to come off the not playing the year.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's the only reason. Because because he did not play in the last if he had played the last game, they.
Speaker 4: Went, it was very odd that was the last guy that we spoke of yesterday.
Speaker 2: And then I look out there and I see him running righty button.
Speaker 6: But very important, by the way, since yesterday when they had the point list up on the video board in the locker room, and they have John Fossil has a point system on grading his special teams guys and usually CJ. Goodwin is at the top. Well, with him missing the last game or two, the top special teams player in points was jan Yer Thomas and they missed him in the game last week. Right, So significant that they get him back out there. And it doesn't have to do with total tackles. It just has to do with your game evaluation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, doing well, Yeah, yeah, and by the way, C J.
Speaker 6: Goodwin still hasn't given up on himself. He was out there trying to do some rehab on the cords with Peyton Hendershot, which is an improvement since he's been hurt. Because I haven't seen it, I had to remind myself. I said, eighty nine. Did they give eighty nine to one of those practice squad guys? And oh it's it's a Hendershot. Yeah. That was good to see him. Maybe he's getting closer, although he's on IR. But it's a good thing that you're doing rehab like he is. Because haven't seen Leyton van Dersh out there.
Speaker 3: So you see Eric Saubert out there?
Speaker 4: Uhbert, we talked about the album.
Speaker 6: I'm assuming he was otherwise he wouldn't have been signed. Although I don't think he made it.
Speaker 3: To the he's wearing like forty seven forty seven Yeah, scale, Oh there you go full back.
Speaker 6: Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't play that game.
Speaker 2: I didn't. Yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah we'll be The history will be okay, let's get on with it.
Speaker 3: Just no, you just say a number and what's the what's the Cowboys player that comes to former?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: People just what Cowboys player comes to mind when you say eight.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's good on that.
Speaker 3: About ninety four, he's good on that? Oh well, sup of them?
Speaker 2: Haley?
Speaker 6: How about forty?
Speaker 2: Hailey baits Bates very good easy?
Speaker 6: Twenty four?
Speaker 2: There was only one.
Speaker 3: There's only one Morris Clayborn.
Speaker 2: That's a good Landy Brown. Yeah, Larry Brown, Come on, because of Larry Brown. That's why they want retired. Because of Larry Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's too much good luck it's available. Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: So oh, by the way, did you I didn't realize this, we didn't talk about it yet, but did you see that Sean mcvay's a new father? I did, yes, Tuesday. How nice of his wife to give birth on the day there's no practice?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You think they induced labor?
Speaker 3: Well, you know what it's like.
Speaker 2: We gotta we gotta get it with her. They did not.
Speaker 3: Producers and knows all know.
Speaker 6: That because I read that her projector projected due date was August thirty first, and that was the it's day. I mean October. Sorry October, mister, mister mister perfect, And don't don't bury the little start devisive because since you guys are so perfect that Sean mcvay's grandfather, John McVay, who was very instrumental UH in coaching and being a GM from buildings forty niners, passed away last year on October thirty first, And so the baby's nick middle name is John Jordan's John McVay. Now shut off.
Speaker 2: I just got to get it right, man. We can't have it.
Speaker 6: Just make wonder.
Speaker 3: We'll see how you imagine if we'll see let a pregnancy go that one. It's thirty four.
Speaker 6: We'll see how.
Speaker 2: I knew women were strong.
Speaker 6: But we'll see how good. We'll see how good you do on Monday without us.
Speaker 4: All right, hey, give me something for you guys, challons, chalons.
Speaker 3: The listeners and viewers are applotting too, because you know what happens when we're not here. The phone lines are open. That's right, it's open Monday.
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll see Okay, I'll be listening.
Speaker 2: No you won't. Oh, I will be listening.
Speaker 6: You'll get a call in your ears. What did they see?
Speaker 2: Ears will be burning? That's one thing. I know. Your ears will be burning?
Speaker 6: What did they say?
Speaker 3: All right, we're just getting started on a How would you describe this edition of Mixed shots ads are on. Yeah, oh a padded version. There you go, padded Thursday version of mixed shots and we can continue in a moment.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 8: Snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll look full a pers down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos with every spicy, cheesy, savory dropping. There's no topping of school Pepsy finish nachos better with PEPSI That's.
Speaker 2: What I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Mornal Swag Brisky and the Smoker Miller LT and the two America's team playing America's Greatest school Miller Lyte the only beer of the day. Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like middle Time. Celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miliberuan Company fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: Demitt shuts.
Speaker 5: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Okay, if trade talks are not at a level that you would expect to do anything right now, at what point do you think trade talks will get to a level that you might expect to do something at what point before Tuesday at three o'clock. It'll be after the games on Sunday, somebody everybody in the league's playing on Sunday, and so everyone is going to see, Okay, we're thinking about that we might need we could shore up the running back position, or the cornerback position, or the wide receiver position or tackle or whatever. Well, then you lose a player on Sunday and then all of a sudden, we need this player. And so I don't anticipate unless there's deals that are already in place to replace injured players, like what Seattle just did signing Frank Clark because they lost in a wo sue in WOSU to an injury. They needed an edge rusher. Things will heat up after Sunday when all thirty two teams are in action.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or somebody comes to you with a deal, you can't pass up like we're probably, but I would.
Speaker 3: Think most teams are sitting there going, let's see what happens on Sunday. Oh yeah, because you might have another need, or you might need that player that you want to pedal, or.
Speaker 6: You're getting desperate because you want to pedal a guy because you know you're going to lose them in free agency the next year, because you don't want to pay whatever it's going to cost, which also factors in to any trade. Right, is this guy wanted like, how do you say the guy's name, Bayard, Kevin Byard, Bayered, Well, he wanted more money, and they probably think, well, we're not re signing you to that kind of money, so let's get something for you now. And I think that factors into the situation.
Speaker 3: In fact, the player that they got from the Eagles in that trade has been playing a lot for the Eagles too. Yeah, you can just go there. You know, it's not like the Titans are giving up on the season even with their record.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then you basically have a what ten ten game interview for going into the next offseason on what you do in the draft or in free agency. So and it's probably cheaper too, So I think all that stuff factors in.
Speaker 2: Who's the linebacker we just signed that We were.
Speaker 6: So Rashaan Evans is going to play. He's out there practicing.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 6: Number fift seven thirty I thought he had thirty two, fifty seven he was last year.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's number thirty two, thirty two, thirty two. You know, when we were talking numbers earlier, I was going to throw out thirty two.
Speaker 2: Who was that thirty two?
Speaker 6: Herennisman Man a second?
Speaker 3: Thenis Walt Garrison?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, of course that.
Speaker 6: Was Garrison's number, thirty two.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to say that that was a dude. Man, You're supposed to say.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch him play, so.
Speaker 2: We just helped him get home. I just you just helped him get home.
Speaker 6: Just seeing Pitt rash.
Speaker 3: So do y'all like the fact that linebackers know or in other positions there they can wear whatever number. Do you like that because a couple of years ago you signed a linebacker and he's wearing in the.
Speaker 4: Fifties, I'm kind of I discriminated a little bit because I just don't think a lineman necessarily looks good with fifteen.
Speaker 2: On, you know, I'm a no. One.
Speaker 4: I want the offensive lineman to have the numbers that they have defensive lineman. They defensive lineman number one a defensive tackle. It just doesn't doesn't look well to me. Now, as far as DB's a concerned, I'm all of them having.
Speaker 6: How about on the offensive line, the numbers, the number you have to.
Speaker 3: Wear offensive line, you do.
Speaker 6: Do it right, So no offensive lineman's going out there with you.
Speaker 2: But I'm with D Lineman too. I don't like D. Lineman doing it either. Yeah, I don't like the ninety officials.
Speaker 3: The officials got to make sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like D.
Speaker 4: Lineman with these particular numbers. Partions with number eleven looks good on him, But well, D Lineman.
Speaker 6: That's a linebacker mostly right, and that's not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How about six on a cornerback?
Speaker 2: Of course? Yes?
Speaker 3: How about forty four on a cornerback?
Speaker 2: Of course? Yeah? Yeah, that's old school forty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah A Killow Witherspoon starting corner for the Rams is forty four. Darrien Kendrick starting cornerback is number six, So they're just getting you familiar. How about fourteen on a cornerback.
Speaker 2: Seems more of an offensive.
Speaker 3: Okay, Kobe Durant another cornerback, where's number fourteen?
Speaker 2: You're silver with these type of numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, looking at the Rams, it is amazing what they have done, especially on the defensive side of the football, putting together a team that's been competitive with a bunch of guys who are either undrafted or very late round draft picks. I mean, it's incredible what less sneed is done with this team.
Speaker 4: But they're surrounded, well, they surround this one magic player, right, so I guess you could put a lot of role players around someone like Aaron Donald. I don't think it's that takes away a little bit of his genius points, you know, because you got you got, yeah, the star right there.
Speaker 2: In the middle.
Speaker 6: I mean, so other than Aaron Donald, give me somebody else on the Rams defense.
Speaker 2: And don't look, Oh it's too late. I'm already looking.
Speaker 3: No. I studied him last night. That's why I'm saying that it's amazing what they have put around him and where they have found some of these players. Number ninety seven Michael Hoyt.
Speaker 2: How you pronounce his job? Good job with h.
Speaker 3: H O E c ht. Michael Hoyt. He is sixty four, three hundred and ten pounds, and he they line him up on the edge. Okay, and he plays all special teams too, and he's he's getting fifty to sixty snaps.
Speaker 4: Again again six four, three ten.
Speaker 3: He's playing an edge rusher. They line him up on either the left or the right side.
Speaker 6: Oh, they're in a three four they're in.
Speaker 3: But but at three hundred and ten pounds, ye, yeah, well you might to force him to cover somebody well, and then and there there is evidence on tape where he's covering backs coming out of the backfield.
Speaker 2: I got to see that. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, Sean Mathis is his backup. By the way, we all know about him, do we? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How do we not have?
Speaker 3: He's from TCC sixth round draft pick this year out of Nebraska and also went to TCU.
Speaker 6: There are other starting other starting linebacker is Christian rose Boom.
Speaker 3: Christian rose Boom, college free agent twenty twenty out of South Dakota State. How much undrafted?
Speaker 6: How much have you heard about Darien Kendrick.
Speaker 3: Darien Kendrick. Now, he was a Clemson in Georgia guy. He transferred from one to the other. But he was a sixth round draft pick, and he's a starting corner. He started six games last year.
Speaker 6: I think the point is they've there's more, Let's keep going.
Speaker 2: This is fun.
Speaker 6: They've studied all night.
Speaker 2: He wants.
Speaker 6: They paid a high price for some of the trades.
Speaker 3: They they paid a high price for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, right, and now they're playing. But they're Pruce, Jordan Fuller and Russ Yeast. Russ Russ Yeast at safety.
Speaker 3: Russ Yeast is rising in day.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: He out of Louisville and he also transferred from Kansas State to Louisville, Okay, and ninety five pounds. He's your starting strong safety. Is a seventh round draft pick last year.
Speaker 6: Okay, give me something on Ernest Jones, the fourth.
Speaker 3: Ernest Jones, the fourth out of South Carolina. He is he is one player, a third round pick who has a little bit of pedigree going for him, as well as Byron Young, their third round pack pick this year out of Tennessee. Who is what's the pedigree meaning their sec guys and you know they are our second day draft picks. So this is Michael Hoyt Okay, getting back to him. You know where he went to college. He is the only player in the NFL from Brown University and IVY leagues.
Speaker 2: Okay, he.
Speaker 3: Was undrafted in twenty twenty COVID year, so he the pro day that he was supposed to go to got canceled, and so a buddy of his got together with him during COVID and they put a video together of him doing his own personal pro day and at three hundred and ten pounds, they said he ran a four six forty.
Speaker 2: Well, he said it right his buddy time.
Speaker 3: So he got the attention of the Rams defensive line coach, who had nothing better to do during COVID because there was nothing they could do, and he started he was just looking at videos of players around the country, and he said he looked at every single play of Michael Hoyt's senior year at Brown University and said, you know what, I think this guy can play in this league.
Speaker 2: But he went through a lot.
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, his history if I'm reading this correctly. April they signed him July COVID in twenty so he sat August. In August he's activated, yep, and then in September he was waved right.
Speaker 3: And so he was one of those guys he nobody, nobody. He's an easy guy. You can put on a practice squad or wave or whatever.
Speaker 2: But and that was the next thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, doesn't mean that you've given up on him. It just means nobody else is going to sign him. He's a safe guy, and you're red. He red shirted, and he sat there and watched Aaron Donald every single day and figured out as a smart guy. Went to an IVY league school. He figured out and patterned himself after that, and he winds up. Last year he started six games for him, had four and a half sacks, and he's already got two and a half sacks this year in seven games. And he starts for him. Amazing. Then they've got another starter on their defensive line ninety two Jonah Williams, same year, college free agent, undrafted out a Weavers. And here we are in twenty twenty three, three years later, he's starting on their defensive line. And they've been competitive in games. We talked about it yesterday. They you know, played the San Francisco a one score game, thirty to twenty three, the nineteen sixteen game against Cincinnati. Just last week, they against Pittsburgh. They had a lead in the fourth quarter and lost twenty four to seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was very disappointing. That was not a Sean McVay type of game.
Speaker 2: But you got out coached.
Speaker 3: But I think more than anything, I think it's a case study for other teams around the league that there are Everson Walls type players that are out there and you can find them.
Speaker 2: They're close, they're close, you know, they're not quite.
Speaker 3: Just think about guys, Think about yourself, Everson. If you hadn't got a shot, you know, if someone hadn't believed in you five years ago, and you wouldn't be sitting here on mix shots today.
Speaker 2: Well it was closet.
Speaker 6: Don't play the percentages on all that.
Speaker 2: You ain't lying about that, buddy.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, this is stuff. You're just mining the fields, trying to find diamonds in the rough.
Speaker 5: Now, out of all of these guys on defense, who are we most concerned about?
Speaker 2: You said it yesterday.
Speaker 4: You said it yesterday, Savannah, I know number ninety nine.
Speaker 2: And to me, I'm looking at this.
Speaker 4: They did well when they had money, they did well when they had the draft the players, and they made the trades.
Speaker 2: But it's still hard to win a championship just because you have those players. So give them a big credit for that.
Speaker 4: But I'm also pivoting here, give them a lot of credit based on what you're telling me here, Bill, that they still know how to recruit even on a budget.
Speaker 3: Yep, and know what traits to look for and.
Speaker 2: Guys, that's impressive. That's impressive.
Speaker 4: That's when you really know what kind of front office you have when you see them doing the things that they're doing with these type of players. Nothing wrong with their pedigree at all, but it just is not as impressive as when they won the Super Bowl pedigrees.
Speaker 3: On that twenty fourteen draft, the Rams selected in the first round Aaron Donald number thirteen overall, who went number sixteen overall that year, Zach Martin Cowboys. How about those two picks in the middle.
Speaker 6: Of the pres The Cowboys had their eye on Donald until he disappeared.
Speaker 3: And then who was Ryan Shazier?
Speaker 6: Went right for Shazer because the Cowboys were going to take him, But.
Speaker 3: Steelers yes, and had the next Aaron Donald was not the Rams first pick in that draft. They had the second overall pick. They took offensive tackle Greg Robinson, who did not let.
Speaker 2: Me see him.
Speaker 6: Can I find them somewhere probably about the third team several years.
Speaker 3: He hadn't been in the league. But so yeah, they hit on Aaron Donald won a great pick. That was well, second pick in the first round. Greg Robinson was their first number two overall. Who is the number one overall pick in two thousand and four team jadeveon Clowney?
Speaker 6: It wasn't Johnny football.
Speaker 3: Johnny football was what in the twenties football top three picks that year were Clowney, Greg Robinson, Blake Bortles went number three, Sammy Watkins number four, and finally we hit on one with number five, Khalil Mack.
Speaker 6: So the draft is not a perfect science.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's intelligent. Yeah, Brandon Cooks went number twenty in that draft.
Speaker 6: Well, and he's still playing.
Speaker 3: And he's still playing in his tenth year in the league as these are. And DeMarcus Lawrence went number thirty four.
Speaker 2: And then looks great, he still looks young.
Speaker 3: So four players in this game were in the top thirty four picks in that draft and their tenth year in the league. How tough is it to play ten years in this league? Ever since?
Speaker 4: It's tough, Yes, it's tough. The consistency has to be there. A lot of these guys these days, they have a couple of good seasons, they get a commercial and things of that nature, and now they're riding on their fame. Of course, here, we couldn't do that, not just myself. Michael Downs, you know, he couldn't. Mike had to make tackles, you know, every game to get the credit that he deserved.
Speaker 2: You know, you had guys like Dexter Kling.
Speaker 4: Scale good player, but injury prone, and so you don't have to just be good, you have to be healthy, and that's hard to do.
Speaker 6: Natean Frisco wants to point out that the Titans have been going downhill ever since they lost aj Bry. That is the fact to Philly, So give them all their players.
Speaker 3: All right. We continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 10: On that note, The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going waypast postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Briskey and the Smoker, Miller Lyte and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Milerbrown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: They snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escape sleft. You'll love full first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Fresh Scot's gonna rub this in shelf, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 6: To mixed shots.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty four PBR World Finals are taking over EIGHTE and T Stadium. It all starts on May seventeenth with Kid Rocks Rock and Roll Rodeo. Then on May eighteenth and nineteenth, the finalists compete in the twenty twenty four PBR Championship. Let's Rock and Ride. Three day tickets are on sale now at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AIGHTE and T Stadium.
Speaker 6: How do people make plans for May five months, six months from now?
Speaker 2: Easily? I guess you've gotten nothing there. Sometimes you have to go. Somebody's got to.
Speaker 6: Be firstly content on your calendar.
Speaker 2: Some event has to be first on your calendar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially concerts, right, thanks a year.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for Dolly pardon man. That's gonna be Yeah, that's gonna be pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that'll be a sales pitch for.
Speaker 2: I want to meet her. I want to meet her real.
Speaker 6: Bad Well, you better go to the game first.
Speaker 2: I'll be there.
Speaker 3: Although I don't think she'll come on with tour here or don't you think they'll have a press conference before the game? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Will they let me in for a press squad?
Speaker 6: You just flash your badge?
Speaker 2: Okay'd like that's the well bade, sir.
Speaker 3: It's been pretty cool the reaction every once had on that when it was announced. Oh, they love it. I love this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's just the longevity and how old is she now?
Speaker 3: Something older?
Speaker 6: I think she's getting close to eighty.
Speaker 2: Man, come on, she's still balling. That's good stuff.
Speaker 5: She's seventy seven.
Speaker 4: Seventy seven, you're talking about ten years, Bill, forget ten years.
Speaker 2: Come on, she's been balling for a long time.
Speaker 3: Make you what you got on your legal pad.
Speaker 6: I just wrote down that maybe Sean mcvail will be distracted worried about his kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, My thing is this. First of all, thank you guys. That's for teaching me so much more about the RAMS. I was so disappointed yesterday and the information that we shared.
Speaker 3: And I pointed out I was studying baseball.
Speaker 2: Job on my mind.
Speaker 5: You do you do any homework.
Speaker 3: And I just are talking defense.
Speaker 2: That's when they leave me and you we got this. I don't do homework when they're here.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I would like to know more about the offensive line.
Speaker 3: Oh good, I'm glad you asked that because I was talking because I was talking with Nate and Frisco this morning. Number seventy three on their offensive line. I said, this guy looks like Larry.
Speaker 2: Allen Steve Avila, Uh huh, out of you.
Speaker 3: In South Grand Prairie High School rookie second round drafting? What was Larry Allen? Where was he drafted? What round was the second second round?
Speaker 2: Nice number? It's not on a stake.
Speaker 3: Half put my tongue firmly in cheek When I say that he reminds me of Larry Allen. He does was where seventy three. His body kind of looks like Larry Allen, and he has been very impressive. He's not I'm not saying he's Larry Allen. Rayden Frisco. Nadien Frisco said, you need to go watch Larry Allen. You go find some video of Larry Allen before you come in here with that. But Steve Bobby Law though TCU and South Grand Prie High School. He has six three, three hundred and thirty two pounds and a walk in starter for the Rams at left guard.
Speaker 2: And see, this is where the game's going to be won.
Speaker 4: You know, That's why I'm glad we're talking about the D line and O line because they're going to try and keep our offense off the field. That's going to be their main goal defensively, keep us off the field so the offense can control the game with a smart quarterback like Matt Stafford.
Speaker 3: All right, would you like to know the history of their starting left tackle last week? Number seventy seven, Alaric Jackson.
Speaker 6: What a name.
Speaker 3: He was undrafted two years ago. Another undrafted guy out of Iowa two years ago.
Speaker 6: Joe note Boom.
Speaker 3: Joe Noteboom was drafted in the third round, but he was starting earlier this year, the product of Plano senior high school man.
Speaker 2: They just come in here taking all that exactly.
Speaker 3: But he was injured and actually against Pittsburgh did not have any offensive snaps, was active and had four special team snaps. So I'm not sure if Nope Boom is going to get back in that starting lineup at left tackle.
Speaker 6: That's what they got them listed as.
Speaker 3: Okay, so maybe note Boom will be back, but Jackson has started the last three games at left tackle for them. Rob Havenstein is a second round pick, longtime starter at right tackle in his ninth year.
Speaker 2: In the league.
Speaker 3: Their center is Coleman Shelton, who they got off the practice squad from Arizona.
Speaker 6: Yep, you don't like to see this on your depth chart. It's as Coleman Shelton or Brian Allen. I've never seen an or before.
Speaker 3: And Brian Allen is a fourth round pick out of Michigan State in twenty eighteen and has only appeared in one game, so he's.
Speaker 6: Been that's a big ore then, huh uh huh.
Speaker 3: Although Brian Allen coming into the season, he was projected to be their starting center, so he's been battling an injury, and they're starting right guard Kevin Dotson, they acquired in a trade from Pittsburgh in late August when they saw they were having some issues on their offensive line. So there, that gets you up to speed on their offensive line.
Speaker 4: And my next question is how will they handle our defensive line.
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 6: They better not handle it well if this team plans on winning, because in my mind, you worry about Cooper Cup and you worry about Pooka Nakua. But the way you stopped him is getting Stafford's face and you.
Speaker 4: Never you never missed miss pronounced Pooka's name, Pooka.
Speaker 2: You're good, you got his You got that down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't ask me hard names he can pronounce. Don't ask me about his back.
Speaker 2: Austin Chamel been scornic.
Speaker 3: Oh for Cooper, Yeah, no.
Speaker 2: For Pooka, Pooka, Pooka.
Speaker 3: How about number five?
Speaker 6: Number five to to Well, you think I can't say to to No?
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 3: Cooper Cup. Last first series of last game, he had two drops like number ten. What's going on? Cooper. I guarantee you Cooper Cup, whether it was on the jugs machine or whatever, he has spent more time this week.
Speaker 6: I mean they didn't, they didn't massage the ball well before they you know, they got it.
Speaker 3: Talk about a guy who's going to come out balling this week, it's gonna be Cooper Cup after making two drops in the first and he only had two catches in the game.
Speaker 4: And we talked about how they really like to use Cooper and Pooka in regards to the down in distance. They're not trying to go down the field necessarily. Of course they can because Matthew Stafford can sling it and these guys run great routes, intermediate and deep routes. But it seems like they're using their passing game for their running game. I think we talked yesterday about Pooker had fifteen catches, but it wasn't even for one hundred and fifty yards. It was less than ten yards of catch. To me as a dB, I'm looking at that and saying he's running all short routes in the the media routes, Well.
Speaker 6: He only averages thirteen yards of catch, right.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good. Thirteen yards of catch is good.
Speaker 6: So maybe maybe the ball was slick or something. Cup couldn't catch it. You know, they only give him so much time to prepare the footballs before.
Speaker 3: Okay, so not because of the weather, but because your slick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've got to prepare them, not because of the PA and they only get how about this, they only get three kicking balls prepared, So you work on the one that you're going to use, the second one some If you lose two of the footballs, that third one probably not been worked one. Now you're kicking a slick football.
Speaker 2: That doesn't even registered to me.
Speaker 4: That doesn't mean anything in case you lose is three balls, that's not good.
Speaker 6: If you lose two of them.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just didn't know three balls like a bad kick that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean three balls. I didn't know that that was a big deal.
Speaker 5: Speaking of kicking, the Rams did add Lucas have riskic have riskic correct.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying we don't have to know how to pronounce his name until he actually plays it.
Speaker 5: They have a kicker, yep, she was on the Browns practice squad.
Speaker 6: He has not kicked in an NFL game, and that's why we haven't learned how to pronounce this. Probably the reason supposed to come out with that, Probably the reason why they worked out Mason Crosby too, just in case they didn't like what showed up during the week that you know that you got a kicker that hasn't kicked in the game, and the Cowboys have a kicker that's sixteen in a row right.
Speaker 2: Now to start as let's let's leave it up to that hopefully. Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: Seems pretty steady mentally too.
Speaker 2: You see the backup for the bet Brett ripping? Who Brett oh ripping?
Speaker 3: Nephew? I think that Mark. I think it's Mark Rippin.
Speaker 2: Yes, I believe it is. Yeah, Mark was the beast.
Speaker 6: You know, I actually saw a college game they almost ran out of football's.
Speaker 2: How many do they have? Three?
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Thessouri was playing at Wisconsin, and the student tradition was when they kicked the ball into the student section at one end of the stadium, they would pass it up the stands and throw it out over right over the stadium. And I was sitting there going and they were killing Missouri, and my lead was the only hope Missouri's defense had to stop Wisconsin was they run out of football? Scored football? Fifty yeah, fifty some points they score.
Speaker 3: You got a bunch of football, some kids playing.
Speaker 6: With it, sort of sort of what happened with Drew Pearson's Hill Mary touchdown. He threw it out of the stadium. Somebody's got it and they don't.
Speaker 2: Even know what it is. They have no idea.
Speaker 3: You know what, I have an idea. We are out of time on this, all right.
Speaker 6: Throw the football out of this.
Speaker 3: All right, and so we will have a fabulous football fight song from day edition of Mixed Ships coming your way tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 7: They