Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Acca trend that's supposed to be the accident, but it doesn't really roll off the tongue as much as I was hoping. It's the number one show, number one non English speaking show on Netflix right now, and we're going to talk about how it went viral in the most fucked up way possible. But first, I am Jack. That is Miles. Yes, this is the episode where we tell you what is trending. It's Wednesday, October twenty Wednesday August twenty eighth, all right, and hey, another guy who's going viral is a Deadpool's hell yeah, hell yeah man, which just says whatever. So Deadpool is now a character in Disney California Adventure.
Speaker 2: Which oh in the Marvel area.
Speaker 1: In the Marvel area, and he apparently just dropped a reference to how Disney tried to use their streaming terms and condition is to wriggle out of a wrongful death lawsuit. During the quote story time with Deadpool routine, Deadpool remarked that Wolverine was late because he quote had to read every single page in the terms and conditions when he signed up for Disney Plus. And there is video, and he does get a pretty good laugh. So people are up on the up on their news, right, and then the guy playing Wolverine is like, I don't get it, and Deadpool's like they do they do go the audience, all.
Speaker 2: Right, folks, that's like such a funny role because clearly, for that Deadpool character is so witty, like you, you have to have someone who has like decent comedy chops to pull it off.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, too many chops, too much chops?
Speaker 2: That Oh sorry, that was that was too current? Huh all right? Timely all right? I mean you were late because you were longing after that photo of Jean Gray in your bed like them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure. Yeah, I don't know what a Deadpool Disney character could possibly be like, you know, right, his normal routine is like just jacking off in front of a crowd and being like, uh, yeah, so that just happened. It's like, I don't I don't know how it fits in the Disney cannon cannon.
Speaker 2: I think you know, you just gotta again because that Marvel section I went when I went like last year, it was pretty underwhelming.
Speaker 1: I got to see really Yeah, I didn't I didn't make it over to California Adventure when I went.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I it's I just went because they had wine over there. And uh then I saw like the just very low effort Spider Man walking around, and I was like, all right, well, I get this is for the.
Speaker 1: Fans, but but I love a low effort Spider Man.
Speaker 2: It was more like I felt like the way the dude was walking around in the costume, didn't like it looked like a I just like walking like he wasn't like in character at all. It was just like, bro, it looked like this dude was like his shift was about to end. He's like I'm trying to get the fuck out of here, while he was like currently trying to entertain kids.
Speaker 1: But hey, I told you about the time for our youngest birthday party that we had like superheroes come to the party and like Captain America fucking ripped was just like awesome, like doing like flips and like sum It's just like yeah, it was like, you know, a good athlete and really good with the kids. And Spider Man was hungover off of some chemical and was just so depressed. Were like I caught him multiple times sitting down like just looking at his feet, like or some ship. Yeah, he had a watch. He had a watch on over his Spider Man costume, so he knew check it to make sure everybody knew that he was like over this ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. Oh and the editor came is like, you showed us the pick now and now I now remember this?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah. We caught him in the background just being like God, damn it.
Speaker 2: Somebody you know.
Speaker 1: No, it's not of all the jobs that you can do hungover being a children's birthday party entertainer, it has to be near the bottom of the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do a ton of molly the day before you have to entertain children, I would say, just as a rule of thumb.
Speaker 1: All right, Speaking of children's birthday parties, Netflix is here to remind us that if you're gonna have a bouncy castle at your birthday party, you might you might want to make sure that shit is lockstand down, takes down and tied to a nearby poll if possible, is another thing that they're suggesting. So this is the number one non English show on Netflix right now. Is a Mexican production called The Accident. It is a heart wrenching drama about a devastating tragedy that is going viral because a lot of people find it hilariously funny, Like specifically the scene of the devastating tragedy, you may have seen it. So the show's description just says a birthday party turns into a tragedy, and fifteen minutes into the first episode you find out that the tragedy is a flying bouncy castle. Yea that like blows away.
Speaker 2: Takes off into the sky, which is a.
Speaker 1: Thing that has happened. People have been killed this way. It is a very surreal thing that can go wrong. One of the most surreal things that can go wrong is like all of a sudden, a bouncy castle, Like it doesn't even need that much wind. I think they said as like doesn't get airborne. Yeah, to get airborne, it'll just like take off on you because there's so much sir this area to one of those things, and it's fairly lightweight. So this is a horrible thing that has happened. I think a big.
Speaker 2: Based on a true story though right they're just using.
Speaker 1: This one is not based specifically on a true story, but it's this thing that has happened at children's birthday parties before the clip is pretty I don't know, like the special effects are weird, like they keep showing the same shot over and over again of the thing like kind of lifting off, but then like it like close on the kids and they look like they're like, you know, pretending like a thing is shaking that isn't actually shaking, uh, And then they just like keep tumbling off and then cut to a bounce castle just flying through the sky like a kite.
Speaker 2: Like a spit Take doing spit take.
Speaker 1: Going from checking something funny on his phone to looking over and seeing the true children.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, it has that feeling of like telenovela scenes that are super dramatic that go viral because it's just so over the top, and like, yeah, all the people that have commented on it it just it in a way because it's so over the top, it does do a disservice to the narrative because you're just kind of like, yo, this is shot a little bit weird and it's so melodramatic and doesn't feel realistic. We're like parents, I don't think would just be like putting their like hands on their cheeks, like oh no, like you to get my motherfucking kid out of there. Yeah, so then watching it very slowly, just like lean up and then gow like the tea bicycle into the air, You're like, oh shit.
Speaker 1: Like Poocy when they write Poochie off of that episode of The Simpsons. Uh yeah, And you're asking a lot of the actors to go from a distracted at a children's birthday party to like the worst thing that has ever happened. Like it's a big task. That's year three of acting class. I have sure, And yeah, they're not all pulling it off. And then the special effects are not flawless, but it is a real problem. And Netflix has posted this. They posted on the website Netflix dot com. Do bouncy houses actually fly away in real life? Yes, as unbelievable as it may seem, bouncy houses can and very much have flown away before, much the horror of the parents involved. The kid's party staple is apt to lift off the ground with as little as fifteen miles per hour winds.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: According to the American Meteorological Society, wind related bouncy house accidents have caused at least twenty eight deaths and four hundred and seventy nine injuries between twenty twenty twenty one, and it's actually getting worse because I think I've actually noticed that bouncy houses or like the at home bouncy house is now a thing that like.
Speaker 2: People just can just buy one.
Speaker 1: You can buy a bounty.
Speaker 2: Target or whatever. You just have that shit. Fun for the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fun for the kids. And also apparently during the pandemic, you know when the uh, not not the economy, not the the Wall Street didn't take a ship, but the economy for everybody else took a ship, and people had to like figure out a way to make money. A lot of people just bought bouncy houses and start renting them out, which not the most you know, highly regulated thing in the world, regulated by states, and only a handful of states have actual laws on the book States rights.
Speaker 2: Man, like born bouncy castles. That's our fucking right, dude, as a state to look the other way. Yeah, I see them all the time, and like, yeah, like I totally get it. They're fun as fuck. I remember as a kid just loving the fuck out of being an bouncy castle.
Speaker 1: A kid just in there.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, you just fucking just bodying kids in there, like get the fuck out my way. It's adult time in here.
Speaker 1: That's what they say. Though in the thing, they're like, by the way, it's not always like there are so many bouncy castle injuries that have nothing to do with the wind, Like there's like ninety five percent of them have nothing to do with the winds. They're just people around wrecking each other. And yeah, people are like, Okay, this two year old go in there with the eleven year old, and yo, just yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: I think everyone probably has a formative memory of like being like at an eleven year old or something like, you know, an elementary school playing in a bouncy castle and then someone's like baby brother or sisters, like I'm getting in and nobody notices, and next thing you know, like this kid is getting fucking thrown up in the air like it's Wrestlemanian shit.
Speaker 1: But anyways, it's just yet another way that the United States is cool with our regulation of the deadly technology via States rights. Sorry, be careful with the bouncy.
Speaker 2: Castles, yea, yeah, yeah, it is like weighted down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the all the playground equipment, like the all the fun playground equipment has been taken away in the United States for the most part or all the dangerous stuff, but bouncy castles survive.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, like that ship from like the forties and shit when it was like thirty.
Speaker 1: Eighties and nineties, like the I don't think they have merrygo rounds anymore, right or.
Speaker 2: The right you know, you know, like the photos from like the old school playgrounds where they're like, yo, this is broken, next city, Like what are we.
Speaker 1: The reason these monkey bars are fun is because they go over a pit of steaks. Yeah right, right, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: And uh, there's a Trump Arlington cemetery controversy. I haven't been able to get my brain to pay attention to.
Speaker 2: But it's a look boil it down to more disrespect from Trump when it comes to anybody who's died, and especially people from the you know, military, who he famously does not give a fuck about. And he's been like in a ton of fucking shit with how dismissive he's been by being like Congressional Medal of Honor winners, like, don't got shit on the people who I've gave the Freedom Medal to and everyone's like, this guy's a fun joke, and he's really tried to clean up his act because obviously he's counting on a lot of like people who are supporting the military to also join the Trump camp. But recently he went to like a reflaying ceremony I think for the usually it's for the tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery. And after that they tried they took a photo with some family members in this area called Section sixty, which is the basically it's where recent US casualties are buried. So Trump went there with some of the families of these like fallen soldiers, to take like for a nice photo op. I think for him to be like, look how much I care about the fallen soldiers, disregard everything I've said on record, or making fun of John McCain's arms recently, like this is what the fuck I'm about. And so they were reprimanded because one of the the the rules of Arlington National Cemetery are that only cemetery staff are authorized to take pictures or film video in this area because it's like a very sensitive place. And Trump was like, well, the people that some of the people that have died said they want me here. So essentially, when this official from the cemetery was like you can't film here, campaign staff like quote verbally abused and pushed the official to the side, uh and kicked off this whole fucking thing. And now they're doing damage control and JD. Vanslick, we were invited to push this woman around.
Speaker 1: She actually told us too, She said she liked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird. She's like where she came up to me, it's like, hey, can you push me around for like a couple of bucks or like yeah, Lady's like so fucking off for Rocker, you know, but yeah, just added just just you know, self owns from the Trump campaign as they figure out, like they're like, oh, way to solve our rhetorical issue, take a photo with people, and then that erases all memories.
Speaker 1: And then Jack Smith has tweaked the charging documents to call President Trump candidate Trump when when it comes to the things that he did that were illegal that the Supreme Court was like, yeah, but he president, he can do whatever he wants.
Speaker 2: Those are official acts, and he's like, fuck, all right, let me change the first sentence to say as a candidate for office, Donald J. Trump was interfering with the election outcomes. And yeah, there's like a few other things they took out because again they're like, okay, fine, we'll play your little game of what's official or not. But the bulk of the charges are the same. So now they hope with a cleaned up version, something can go through.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's just like a very lightly edited second draft. But it's it's quite a bit of hand holding that this implies that the Supreme Court requires right exactly. Uh all, it almost feels like they're like, are you sure about that decision? That decision was like wild, You basically said the president can do whatever the fuck they want. Is that you're gonna stick with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah again, yeah they are, they are, and they are it turns.
Speaker 2: Out, I mean again, this is all this is. Trump's life is on the line in this election, so he needs to Yeah, he needs all this shit to go away.
Speaker 1: Aubrey Plaza has said that she never watched White Lotus season two because quote, I had trouble opening my Max account and couldn't figure out the password. I'd love a DVD. Wow, wow, she I think she got an Emmy nomination for her performance as Harper on season two of White Lotus and just didn't didn't watch a single episode, which I always I'm always fascinated by that. Like I remember learning that Dan Aykroyd, who a major actor for me as a child, you know, like that he had never once watched a movie that he was in, which blew my mind. Like you haven't seen Ghostbusters?
Speaker 2: Nope, don't want to. Don't care, bro, I just want my crystal vodka skull that I drink. That's it. That's the one thing I do know about. I mean, that's wild. You think this is something like eminem only has porn on DVD kind of shit, because like you got famous, I mean because what Parks and Ret came out two thousand and nine and that was sort of the beginning of the Aubrey Plaza universe. Sure, but it's it does feel a little odd, like I couldn't get my max account to work like it is. I mean, is it more her dry wit? You know what I mean? Because she's all so so deadpanned that she would just say something like that as a joke and then people like, dude, she couldn't even watch it because she doesn't even know how to use max.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels a little bit like that. I guess she said shit like this before, Like she said, I was trying to watch Top Chef Season twenty, couldn't figure out how to fucking get Hulu Plus Live. I give up. I can't. I just can't. And so what I like to do is go on iTunes and buy movies that are old. Or I'll go on iTunes and just like buy the whole Soprano series and then my husband will be like, you literally can watch that for free on HBO. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think she's stuck in two thousand and nine, right, this is like shit. I remember being so like, having been so excited for box sets to come out, like at Best Buy and shit like, and that was two thousand and nine behavior. So I get it, Aubrey looking. Things have gone well for the Delaware native and you don't know how to use a streaming service, and you know what, in a way, you're free from the scores of having to use streaming services.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Brian the editor makes a good point. He says, why would an actor want to watch their own show anyway? Would you guys ever watch an old Zoom meeting of TDZ.
Speaker 2: Now, why are you attacking me because I shared that with you?
Speaker 1: Why are I on trial? Man?
Speaker 2: Man? Look, I like to look at how my mouth moves because I'm worried that, like my left side of my mouth goes up a little bit more than my right. I've been trying to just balance my face out. Yeah, and that's why I look.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this also could just be like viral marketing because the season three is coming out in the not too distant future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which, but is she in it?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, you know, doing doing a solid solid Mike.
Speaker 2: Wait, I get that. I get that.
Speaker 1: I mean Walton Goggins is in it. That's all I need to hear. But that's like the one. There's not a lot of streaming shit left that I can get excited about. Right, but season three of White Lotus, I mean that they're two for two in a pretty pretty good way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And then what Natasha Rothwell is back for that.
Speaker 1: And Natasha Rothwell from season one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is the common thread.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, August twenty eighth. We are back tomorrow with the Who last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,