Speaker 1: Good morning in Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Jesse, Hilaria that morning, Charlamagne is running a little.
Speaker 3: Late and it's Thursday. How you feeling, Jess?
Speaker 2: I feel good? I feel good.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 4: Look, so I didn't know black people actually got sunburned, right, absolutely. I was man, and I know the light skins. Do you know much smelling in over there with y'all? But Yo, look, so I'm making jokes, cracking on Chris the whole time because Yo, he was real bad smer.
Speaker 2: He still is, Yo.
Speaker 4: It hurt from the shower, hurt fro him to rub hisself down anything, Right, So I wake up this morning, I'm peeling on my nose, I'm peeling on my shoulders.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, I'm supposed to be black. What happened?
Speaker 3: That sun burn hits you?
Speaker 2: Boy, it's sure dead, it's sure did.
Speaker 4: Now it hits lighter tones much worse, yes, But I definitely got a little bit of that. And I was like, damn, I'm doing all this making fun of light skinned people, and yo, I'm burnt up myself.
Speaker 2: And they want to hit your back and you gotta put your shirt on it on your back?
Speaker 3: What Jesus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I've been so Christmas struggling with that. I've been trying to help him out. Yo, he said it hurts.
Speaker 2: See, that's that's one thing. Slewt to my wife. Yeah, she's heavy into skin stuff. So she'd be like, you need SPF seventy to block you from the sun's rains, this, that, and the other.
Speaker 3: And I'd be like, now I want a little ten.
Speaker 2: She'd be like, yeah, when you when you become fifty or sixty, you wish you didn't have that ten.
Speaker 3: When you look like a wrinkle, I'm like.
Speaker 4: Jesus is gonna mess up your skin in the long run, tin tan, you know it's not good.
Speaker 3: So she's my white people aged like.
Speaker 4: Bananas maybe out tann and I'm like, oh man, y'all, y'all trying to crispify yourself.
Speaker 2: So last night I went out right, uh slew to my daughter's boyfriend. Was his birthday, so we went out. And when you hear older people and grown people choke and die, you'd be like, how the hell hey die? Last night. I'm eating lamb lamb chop. I get a lamb chock stuck in my throat. Oh wow Yo. When I said, I thought it like I'm drinking more. I'm trying to get every I had to go to the bathroom and make myself yeah, throw up, throw up together. Oh my god. And I was like, this is how grown people passing away by eating food like that was a scary moment. What my eyes are watery. They look at me, they don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to drink.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I gotta get somebody to give me a home lick.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: It was crazy, y'all.
Speaker 2: Imagine swallowing a fishbone. You also feel like, but you know that's that's the reason siding to why I don't eat fish. I don't eat fish with both Nope. I had a bone stuck in my throat one time. See traumatized, Absolutely me too, traumatized.
Speaker 5: Alr.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get the show cracking. Doctor West, Bellamy and b that will be joining us this morning. They're doing something very special. You know, we always talk about having our own and they are creating their own basketball tournament. So if you said, well, what do you mean your own basketball tournament. So you know how they have like the c I Double A and March Madness, So they're creating their own basketball tournament for HBCU. So that's going down March twenty to twenty third in North Carolina the bow Jangles Coliseum out in North Carolina. I'm actually doing a bunch of shows out there. I'm just excited and Charlot, yeah, I'm excited because we need to start having our own and they don't really show HBCUs on television to games. We need to support more of the HBCU games because they're gonna need butting the seats. So we're gonna be talking to them a little bit. And then of course we've got just fixed my mess. If you're having any type of issues, relationship problems, that anything like that, Jess will help you out.
Speaker 3: All right, we.
Speaker 2: Got front page news when we come back, showing Charlamage to be here in a minute.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's DJ Envy, Jesse, hilarious, Charlomagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get in some front.
Speaker 2: Page news just quickly, some quick sports. Congratulations to Yannis. Yannis becomes the fifty second NBA player to reach twenty thousand career points. So salute to everybody out in Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: All right, good morning again.
Speaker 2: Good morning DJ Envy and.
Speaker 4: The Charlemagne God. I't know, I'm sure he'll be in soon. And just hilarious. How y'all feeling, how you dude? All right, y'alls. On top of the headlines, there's a lot developing following President Trump's joint addressed to Congress on Tuesday, including negotiations with Hamas, an update on tariffs, and a read down on the Democrats.
Speaker 2: So let's get into it.
Speaker 4: The White House confirms it is holding direct talks with Hamas over the release of US hostages. Press Secretary Caroline Lovett said President Trump's President Trump believes the talks are part of good faith effort to do what's right for the American people. The Palestinian Stilian Militant Group is designated a terrorist organization by the US, and traditionally, you guys have always heard the US does not negotiate with terrorists. Well, Levitt went on to say that Israel has been consulted about the talks. This comes as a six week ceasefire between Israel and Hamas expired last weekend. Of course, in recent remarks about the Russian Ukraine War, President Trump did say, in order to negotiate peace, you have to talk to both sides. So in other news, there's an update on tariffs. Automakers are getting a one month exemption from tariffs on goods from Canada and Mexico. Press Secretary Caroline Levitt said President Trump spoke to the big three automakers yesterday and she detailed how the exemption ha So let's take a listen to White House Press secretary or on auto tariffs.
Speaker 6: So the three companies that he spoke to are Stillantus, fort In, General Motors.
Speaker 7: They requested the call, they made the ask, and the President is happy to do it.
Speaker 2: It's a one month exemption. Yeah, I wonder how that works for outside companies. You know, there's a lot of them. Will it's Chevy four g B, you would, Cadillac, Chrysler, Dodge, General Motors, Tesla even now. But they say it like some companies like Honda and Hondi, which they are not from here, but they have factories here that actually build cars in America. So I wonder how that affects them as well.
Speaker 4: It might cancel out because you know, there's also the reciprocal tariffs that are still going to go in effect on April seconds. So I'm not sure, but the Anderson Economic Groups said the vehicle prices are projected to jump between four thousand and twelve thousand dollars due to these tariffs.
Speaker 2: But I will tell you that if that does happen, the federal government's going to have to help these automakers out again. If you look at any lot right now, there's a lot of cars, and a lot people can't afford these cars. They damn they're giving these cars away because people can't afford them. Interest to high. So if they charge even more for cars, it's going to be even more cars on those lots, and and federal governments got to help them out again. Yes, it's true.
Speaker 4: Okay, So moving right along, the White House and GOP leaders are slamming Democrats for their actions. During Trump's joint address to Congress, love It again called out Dems for not standing up and clapping for certain feeld Good topics, calling their behavior shameful, and House Speaker Mike Johnson said Congressman Al Green will likely face punishment for heckling the president. Let's hear those comments from House Speaker Mike Johnson.
Speaker 7: We es coordinator him off the floor. He couldn't behave himself. It's quite shameful. It brought shame on. I'm sure his constituents are not proud of that tonight. But I suspect that there'll be a centure resolution brought on the floor to discipline him. We have to do that inside the house. We have to maintain the coral. It was really quite a spectacle, you know. And if they're going to use a seventy seven year old heckling congressman as the face of their resistance, then bring it on. But we're not going to tolerate that on the House floor, and I don't think the American people are going to tolerate that either.
Speaker 4: So just a central resolution, just for the record, is a formal punishment for such actions like hackling and things of that nature. It's kind of like getting a written referral from a teacher, except it's Congress. And the interesting fact about this, I wonder if Speaker Johnson will keep that same energy with his Chief of staff Hayden Haines, who was recently arrested, cited, and released after being charged with the DUI on the same night on Capitol Hill. He is set to have his day in court, but in the meantime, Speaker Johnson said he's going to stick beside him and allow Haines to continue leading the Speaker's office. So police say that Haines actually backed into a Capitol vehicle around midnight. He was arrested but released with a citation to appear in court. So, yeah, keep you guys posted on what happens in regards to that situation.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on those stories, No, I do understand. You know, everybody has the right. They can boycott, they can walk out, they can do what they want to do. But it has to get to a point where we have to get on a common ground. Right, we have to see out of eye on certain things because it's not hurting anybody else but the regular person. Right, if the Democrats look at one thing one way and the Republicans look at it one way, but if we don't see some type of common ground, it's just gonna.
Speaker 3: Hurt us even more and more and more.
Speaker 2: We have to figure out how we can work with each other, how you know, we're not gonna agree on everything, but I just feel like this stairs that we're doing is just making things worse. And it's It's what Charlamne always says, the gap between the have and have nots is just is increasing and increasing and increasing.
Speaker 3: And I get it.
Speaker 2: There's so many things that we disagree with, but there's a lot of things we do agree with, like the prices of food that's rising today. I heard that rent is at all time high and we're talking about all these things and people are losing their jobs. People can't afford it. We have to get back to a place where we can sit at a table and have a conversation and try to do us best for the American people and not just what it's best for each other's pockets.
Speaker 4: You know, Yeah, well said, and the in fact that yeah, I mean, you said it. So that's your front page news for six am. At seven am, we'll talk about the purse strings that Congress holds and how Elon Musk has to respect that. And the other topic is sanctuary cities. Things got a little heated on the House floor with that topic, so we'll talk about that at seven all.
Speaker 2: Right, everybody else, get it? Off your chest eight hundred five eight five one five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. Phone lines wide open. Get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or bless.
Speaker 2: I hate the wind, you walk the win did you talk? I hate the wedding you dress?
Speaker 3: Everything when me is best? Call up new eight hundred five eight five five one not just I'm what the coach of Philly? Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: My name is super Trucker.
Speaker 8: Man. I'm out of eastern North Carolina. Man, I'm truck driver.
Speaker 2: What's up, super truck How are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 8: Man? I'm good man, I'm out here shitting good, making that black come out to fight?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: What you transporting? I do flat bed?
Speaker 8: I'm haul and building MATERI.
Speaker 3: It was right man, Okay, all right, we'll be safe on the yo.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: I just want to know, man, y'all got love for truckles.
Speaker 3: Man, You're damn right.
Speaker 2: I got love for truckers, you know.
Speaker 8: I know YouTube chess. Hey, look I got a song called truck of Love Man, so y'all get a tend check it out. It's on YouTube.
Speaker 2: You still got love for truckle Jesse. You knew he was blown home for his brother.
Speaker 10: I got you all right, man, be safe for them?
Speaker 3: Rose.
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 3: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 2: Ye know?
Speaker 11: What's something to be?
Speaker 3: What's up? Brother?
Speaker 8: What's up? Just how y'all throwing?
Speaker 3: What's that? Baby?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Good? What's going on? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: Yo?
Speaker 11: I'm mad at my brother James.
Speaker 3: What's your brother do?
Speaker 8: He's yo?
Speaker 11: He stepped me up. I'm sick your last night and I'm feeling well, I'm not home and he tied to his wife telling her that he was hanging out with me all night and he wasn't.
Speaker 12: Oh man, I ain't tell you the thought of the lie.
Speaker 11: He ain't tell me because I was down to the world and he his.
Speaker 8: Wife's called my wife ask him.
Speaker 2: How was he was he with me?
Speaker 3: Oh man? What your wife say?
Speaker 8: Yo?
Speaker 11: She blew his spot up?
Speaker 8: Like hell, no, you want to see the cameras.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 11: She blew him up and he's calling me out. Told about Yo, You're supposed to help me up. I'm like, yo, you should have told me first, I hate.
Speaker 4: With somebody, make you a part of the lie, but don't tell you about the lie.
Speaker 3: Like damn.
Speaker 11: Now he's mad because he said that I'm the reason why his wife is putting him out. Now he wants to come and stay in my house.
Speaker 2: Hell, you not the reason, and your wife ain't gonna let him, say your wife's gonna let no cheating anistat.
Speaker 3: At the house.
Speaker 11: I'm sending him over to you.
Speaker 2: Envy, definitely not sending him over to me. I got a couple of dogs that make sure he stay out.
Speaker 8: I hear that veryview, yo, Envy.
Speaker 11: When you throw another mixtape out, man, Corn, stop playing.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the DJ.
Speaker 3: You be rappid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're gonna get that in a while. Brother, you know it ain't gonna happen. Bro Oh, come on, they ain't gonna happen. These all these artists are a lot different, man. But back then I would say the artists really respected the DJ and really loved the DJ with nexus the artist was something and they would be happy to do it, glad to do it. But now I ain't playing a politics game.
Speaker 8: Broa, Yeah, I know what you on bread.
Speaker 2: Caste Man shout. All right, brother, you have a good one.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Alright, brother, get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines are wide open. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Wake up, wake up, wake up.
Speaker 3: You're time to get it off your chest because your man or blessed. We want to hear from you on a breakfast glove. Hello.
Speaker 11: Who's this my name?
Speaker 6: This is the super Driver Day. I called you guys on Monday.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up, mama? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 6: I remember I called you guys on Monday, and I told you that they told my car. So I had given my cast app and a lot of people sent me money to help me get my car back out, and I'm so thankful. So I just wanted to shout out with everyone that heard me and everyone that contributed, because I was able to get my car out Tuesday night when I got over work. So I wanted to shout them out. And I want us to thank you guys for the opportunity for this, because this is like a big, huge family from all over the world. We don't even know each other. Everybody just be showing love and support. Yes, thank you. And I know Norman had mentioned Cynthia the Wicked Lady when she was talking about I think it was like the Oscar I've seen, Yeah, I've seen on TikTok the other day. It was a Nigerian comedian. I forgot his name exactly, but he was really pissed off with Cynthia. He said that he made a comment, a bad comment about like African Americans and apparently everybody is in the uproar about the comment that he made. And you're supposed to be playing like Harvier Tubman in the upcoming movie. I didn't get a chance to do it deep dive into it, but I know Lauren b they be getting on the poself, so I wanted to give them that so maybe they could like do some research and found out what's sad because the peoples are upset.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I seen something like that. I don't know exactly what it is, but we're gonna have laur and reach out so we.
Speaker 3: Can get to ye.
Speaker 6: I was like, see, because I had no idea.
Speaker 2: We'll have a go on Mama.
Speaker 6: Thank y'all, Thank you guys forget for the opportunity.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you all right, mom, Well get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five. When we got the room's coming up. What we're talking about?
Speaker 4: Man Am Barros and Johncelyn and took it to a new level. Now you know they was fighting back in college, right, But the amber Rose said it was something different that we ain't even know about.
Speaker 2: So now she accused me.
Speaker 12: You know, sexual assault lawyers coming out. We're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna break it down here.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're gonna get it it. Did you call your source Jocelyn and see if it's true that your girl?
Speaker 8: I know that's my girl.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. I don't call it you. We'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, The Breakfast Club, Good Morning. Everybody is d J n V, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the Guy.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many how much of black radio Chris Brown makes up for There's gotta be a lot percentage why Chris Brown on everything and everything?
Speaker 3: It's either his song or he featured on something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris, When you want an R and B hook and you wanted to make radio, everybody calls Chris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember back in the day, it was like the you know, Joe Rule had that.
Speaker 1: You hear a lot of Farrell on the radio, Shanty had point.
Speaker 3: It was pain Definitely, it was Drake for a minute that long time. Chris.
Speaker 2: You can't live without Chris. You're right.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get to the rumors on the breakfast clubs. The coaches Lauren Lauren.
Speaker 2: And I got the mess to.
Speaker 4: Talk to me about my friend, because you know, Jocelyn is my friend. I need to know what's going on.
Speaker 5: I didn't know which which side of the Oh yeah, I didn't know that you and Jocelyn.
Speaker 3: The stripe. I didn't know that. I didn't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, okay, okay, So right now Jocelyn and and Barrolls are they have a little back and forth again.
Speaker 13: So just to uh just to update, not update you, but bring everybody up. This week they were on.
Speaker 5: College hell together. They got in that huge fight in the class or whatever in the classroom. Yeah, in the classroom.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: So following this, uh Ambro sat down with Shannon Sharp on Club Cha. She so when she of course Club Schacha picks up pretty big. Now when she sat down with Shannon Sharp on Club scha She she talked about a few things. She did go to Jocelyn, but one of the things that she also talked about too, I gotta make a subway just because I need a certain audio on the side. And yet, so before we get to Jocelyne, I want to talk about the slut walk stuff. So you guys, remember m Borrod supporting Donald Trump. People are like, not, miss lutwalk, you gonna come out. You're supposed to be so pro women, And she didn't really like she kind of bean to the back and forth about it, but she didn't really so she explained to shean and sharp why she took that hard left turn and stopped doing SlutWalk.
Speaker 1: Listen, do you think sometimes women actually try to get pregnant from men?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, that's the real thing.
Speaker 14: Yes, girlfriends lie about abortions to get money to get to act like they're pregnant. Yes, it's disgusting. This is why I stopped my SlutWalk. By the way, this is why I'm no longer a feminist, because I saw the dark side of what women can do, and I'm sitting here feeling slighted by men, and then I'm fighting for equality and I'm.
Speaker 13: Like, the only equality is that you think either.
Speaker 2: You are crazy?
Speaker 3: Did he mean do women try to trap?
Speaker 5: So in context, they were having a conversation about, you know, just like women having babies with men of money of yeah, and.
Speaker 13: Like should the men have to take care of her and things of that nature.
Speaker 5: But I thought that was an interesting point because I've never heard her basically come out and say like, yo, here's why. And I think a lot of people have backed away from the believe all women and things of that nature because of what Ambarros is saying.
Speaker 13: Now when we talk about.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's called a slut walk, so I mean, you know.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well right, why do you say that?
Speaker 2: What is a slut?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, you're fighting for equality for sluts, but when we do some slutish, it's like, you guys are bad?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: But that whole feminist argument, I think a lot of people will They'll say, well, you should have the right to be able to.
Speaker 2: Be a slug slut.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but she stopped it because things was getting too slutty.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: I mean the definition of slut is a woman who has too many casual sexual crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look all I'm saying, is moving forward, we still having this conversation about.
Speaker 2: I never understood because I wouldn't want my daughter to be a slugg You took the power out of the words.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what it is. You know you don't, I know you don't marching for the slug. Well, we're talking about things getting a little crazy, a little slutty or not, because we don't really know what happened. So let's go back to what we first started out with. So on this actual interview as well, amber Rose talked about what actually happened with her and Johnson, like why the whole fight started.
Speaker 13: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 3: That's what Hernandez fight. You gotta make up.
Speaker 2: Forever.
Speaker 14: She's an ignorant and I don't think about her, but I just don't like her.
Speaker 2: There's no real forgive her.
Speaker 3: What led to this? Why? Why was it like this? Why how did it become so contentious?
Speaker 14: Jocelyn, Hernandez was trying to have sex with me the whole time I.
Speaker 2: Was on College Hill. She was in my ear.
Speaker 14: She was saying, just give me a chance one time, you know, but if you're cool with it, we can do it in front of my husband.
Speaker 2: But if not like you just being me and you.
Speaker 14: And at first I was nice and I said I'm flattered. It's just not my thing right.
Speaker 3: The way did me too? Movement?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 5: No, So look that's where it's going and that's why I'm like, this is getting crazy.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: So then after this, so that video clip went crazy, right, people are like, wait, so basically like Joscelyn was trying to force herself on you, and so now we get it, we understand why you were so upset and blah blah blah blah blah. Right, So then Jocelyn goes to her Instagram and she says she's been a victim of sexual abuse at a young age, and she know she knows how scared a girl and a woman, how sacred a girl and a woman's body are. She says she does not condone any sexual misconduct. She's a mother, she's a wife. She's in dilief, disbelief that she even had to write this because of her own mental health. She's never her life try to pursue or go after any young lady or woman in her life. And she says to all the blogs in a fake journalists Please, I ask that before you let someone come on your platform to say anything about another individual, please fact check. It is someone's life you are playing with. I normally don't say anything or write anything, but this is too serious for me to stay quiet until I give vindication. You can hear this from me that never happened. It will never and never will. This is defamation of my character and it will not go unseen, and I will not rest until I'm one hundred percent vindicated. She then mentioned that her lawyers are getting involved or already involved.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, guys, I understand what Jocelyn is saying, but you can't fact check a person beforehand, because I don't know if that's a fact or not. That is amber Rose's story. I don't know if that's a factor not. How i'mupposed to tell Ambroseoh, that didn't happen, that's not true.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, if you watch this season and I thought it was more so because I mean, it looks as if jo Justin was always harping on her being a mixed woman and not claiming a black side, you know what I mean. Yeah, but if it was coming out about you know, all of this is about Justin wanting to have sex with her?
Speaker 12: Who was she trying to have.
Speaker 1: Like one of them side is gonna let me hit well, but but who was ever trying to have sex with There's a lot of rumors going around.
Speaker 3: About that show.
Speaker 5: She which show at the college hit with somebody mon shumper, she said an interview, she said that they're just friends. It's never been anything like that. She has a lot of male friends. But she did also talk about the race stuff too.
Speaker 13: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 14: Doublelieve when I have respectfully declined on numerous occasions, then she started bullying me with the race. Why you sound white, why you talk white? Why this and that? Blah blah blah, but you black? Why you act white?
Speaker 13: All this?
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're like obsessed with me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so she amber Rose had talked about basically her upbringing in Philly and having a you know, a black and a white parent. She's always had to like defend herself, and it got to the point like she's had to physically defend herself a lot of times because people, you know what I mean, Like, yes, she basically said she was triggered because there were things that were leading up to that fight, that weren't putting that BT clip that Jocelyn said to her about, you know, the black or white thing that triggered her, and then that's when the fight picks up.
Speaker 13: But yeah, so now the lawyers are involved.
Speaker 5: Amber Rose is basically saying she'll counter her for defamation as well too. She says that when Jocelyn came here on the Breakfast Club and when she went on Drink Champ, she's a legend that Johnson lied about putting her head through glass window, and she said, look, you don't want to play these games. Just take you out like you did on the internet.
Speaker 3: Oh, line up round two. Okay.
Speaker 1: If you all had words with each other and then it turns into blows, but it's still words after the fact, then line up round too, because clearly somebody didn't get hit hard enough.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you're still talking.
Speaker 1: About somebody after the fact. You ain't get hit hard enough. One of y'all ain't get hit hard enough. If you get hit hard enough, you're gonna stop talking.
Speaker 2: Well, somebody asked, They asked, wasn't just Shannon asked, So that's the reason why that was.
Speaker 3: But it's one thing to talk, But then you.
Speaker 5: Still They've been dragging on for this interview too. They've been dragging him like, Yo, this is not your forte, this is not the conversations. Were looking for a free view, and I mean it was a normal and sharp style interview.
Speaker 13: But I think you may I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say, what else you gonna ask Amberose about other than Trump and the fight with Johnson and the stalk. I mean, it's like they can't be too mad at him. It's like, what, like, what what would you ask her? If Amberose is sitting in front of you right now, That's the thing you would ask, you know, lawyers. But I'm saying, what what else would you want to ask amber.
Speaker 1: As a bad time and after what my gup said up here on breakfast, But she makes count for half?
Speaker 3: He said, He said black people.
Speaker 1: He said he tired of seeing black people go on that show and just talk about other black people shying. They need to start having white people on to start talking.
Speaker 3: Half white. John's Danish? Oh carry on? That ain't all business? You're right now that I think about Justin's black.
Speaker 2: She said she's black.
Speaker 4: She said she came to her mother black black, and she's black. She's a black woman. So he bought a half white woman on to talk about a black person confusing.
Speaker 1: Okay, getting there, baby steps, getting.
Speaker 3: You got before you. Then you have Gary one on, who Gary going on? No other white?
Speaker 13: Gary count for white or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah you're white, Gary white? All right, that is the rumors. Now when we come back, we got front page News and then Doctor West, Bellamy and beat Out will be joining us there hitting their own tournament out in North Carolina. It's called the Black College Invitational Championship, and they're gonna break that down.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast logan morning, wake up, waol. If you're like into the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: I'm one of every roddy at dj NV, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news, quick sports salute.
Speaker 3: To everybody in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yannis is the fifty second NBA player to reach twenty thousand career points, So congratulations to him.
Speaker 3: Now, what's up, Morgan, listen.
Speaker 4: What's up is Congress holds the purse strings and they still do. Elon Musk has to respect that. That was the message that was set on Capitol Hill yesterday as Musk met privately with GOP senators. They basically told him that we know of because it was a private meeting, that they support what he's doing with those to root out waste fraud and abuse in the federal government agencies, but a lot of what he's doing needs to be approved with a vote in Congress.
Speaker 2: You know, Charlamagne was talking about this all week. There's a way to do things right.
Speaker 4: So Musk was on Capitol Hill yesterday where he met privately with GOP senators who told him that his DOGE workforce cuts need to be approved in.
Speaker 2: A vote in Congress.
Speaker 4: They even talked about codifying those cuts into law in an effort to make them permanent, possibly passing a recision package. Now that's above my expertise, my smarts, but you know that's basically how they're gonna try to approach this whole situation. Musk also reportedly gave out his cell phone number to those senators, and I don't know who's gonna check into that for possible waste fraud and abuse, you know, because that was a private meeting. But anyway, switching gears, let's talk sanctuary cities. There was yet another heated exchange between representatives in Congress yesterday. This time it was Boston's Democratic Congresswoman Ayana Pressley versus Kentucky's Republican Congressman James Comer, arguing in an oversight committee hearing that about sanctuary city mayors.
Speaker 2: Now here's what happened.
Speaker 4: When Congresswoman Presley tried to say which articles she was entering onto the record, Let's hear that audium.
Speaker 5: Data from Texas shows that US born Americans commit more race immigrants.
Speaker 2: This trend, if you're all trying to get thrown out of committee so you can get on MSNBC, is gonna end more.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna put up with it. You can go. You can go with mister Frost and mister Green. That's what you won't.
Speaker 2: No, no, pers I've been very the have been very accommodating.
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 13: Record, this is my rights.
Speaker 2: Thank you. No, no, that's coming Biel.
Speaker 4: So what she was trying to say before she was interrupted was that in twenty eighteen, US born Americans commit more rapes and murders than immigrants, And as you heard from the audio, Comer responded by saying, this trend of you all trying to get thrown out of the committee, so you can get on MSNBC is going to end, and we're not going to put up with it. So, of course, Congresswoman Presley was among the group of Dems who held up signs and walked out during Trump's joint addressed to Congress on Tuesday. She said that she couldn't sit through the speech and give an audience to someone who operates with lawless disregard for Congress and the American people. Back on the topic of sanctuary cities, a Chicago mayor, Brandon Johnson is standing ten toes down, saying that the Shy will remain a sanctuary city despite facing criticism from Republican members in Congress. While testifying yesterday, Johnson said that Chicago's Welcoming City Ordnance doesn't lead.
Speaker 2: To more crime. Let's hear more from Shy Mayor Brandon Johnson.
Speaker 9: Chicago's Welcoming City Ordnance and are of the laws and policies do not lead to more crime. They do not prevent cooperation with federal law enforcement on criminal matters, and we do not harbor criminals, we arrest them.
Speaker 4: So the mayor had several fiery exchanges with Republicans, including South Carolina representative Nancy Mace and also Illinois Representative Darren the Hood. Now, Mace asked the mayors a series of yes or no questions, and when they answered anything but yes or no, well, let's take a list into that exchange.
Speaker 3: Any individual breaks, okay, should be held against.
Speaker 7: This is why you have six percent approval reigning, because you suck it answering questions.
Speaker 3: Jesus, she read them down.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: New York Mayor Eric Adams was also among the four sanctuary city mayors who were called to testify about their city's policies. Uh, let's take a listen to his comments during the congressional hearing.
Speaker 15: The sanctuary city classification does not mean our city will ever be a safe haven for violent criminals. Comprehensive immigration reform is long overdue. While the solution is not within my control as a mayor, I am committed to working with federal officials to go after violent gangs and those who harm residents of our city.
Speaker 2: So the mayor, of course.
Speaker 4: Eric Adams has faced criticism from his own party for not doing enough to stand up to the Trump administration and accusations he's working with Trump in an attempt to get his federal corruption charges dropped. In addition to New York City Mayor Eric Adams Chicago's Brandon Johnson, there was also Denver MA Mayor Mike Johnston and mayor and Boston Mayor Michelle Wu who also testified in that hearing.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on that, guys, I do have a question if DJ is freezing funding for Chicago and New York and other sanctuary cities, where these city is going to get the funding to to house the migrants and to to feed the migrants and all that. Where where's that money gonna come from? And your guess is probably as good as mine. Probably at this point, it's good.
Speaker 4: It could be what the crowdfunding type type of efforts, grassroots efforts, uh nonprofit, but federal funds are not going to be issued.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's a serious. Yeah, that's a serious situation because you could say you're a sanctuary city, but if you're not getting any funding to house or to help or to feed or to clothe.
Speaker 4: It'll probably it'll probably fall in the private sector, in the nonprofit organizations and things of that nature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And a lot of this is very unprecedented, So.
Speaker 4: It's almost like, can you really truly withhold funding for certain you know, certain situations, you're doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So that's the front page news.
Speaker 4: Morgan will follow me on social at Morgan Media and for more news coverage follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi nnews dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, all right, thank you Morgan. Now when we come back, doctor West, Bellamy and b dot will be joining us. They're doing something amazing, right, They're creating their own basketball tournament, the Black College Invitational Championship. You know we have ci double as March Madness. Now they're creating their owner's from March twentieth to the twenty third in Charlotte at the Bojangles Coliseum. They're gonna talk all about it, and we need you guys to go out and support.
Speaker 3: We need asses in the seats.
Speaker 2: We need you to support our HBCUs and they're gonna break it all down next so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's DJ n v J Larios Charlamagne, you guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Blackfews Club. We got the plus, we get joining us. We got the brother doctor West Bellamy and we got BT out here. What's good, what's happening? Thanks for having man, thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it, y'all are bringing a basketball Turn this back to Charlette.
Speaker 9: Double A.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was better than Charlotte, no respect.
Speaker 10: Wait that way, what part like the party scene was better, but the games were not being attended.
Speaker 3: That was the biggest problem with it being in Charlotte. Nobody comes to the games.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like everybody out at the day parties turning up, but ain't nobody in there seeing Johnson C.
Speaker 3: Smith gets smacked by Winston seem State. I think has talking about the fact.
Speaker 2: I think times have changed for HBCU sports, and I think that was a time when people didn't necessarily go for the sports. Now more and more people are going to the sports there, they're broadcasting the games more so I think if they bring it back to Charlotte, I think it'll be a lot different. I just think to Charlotte, that whole vibe and that whole scene was a lot better. It was fun and you got to see so many different people. I just don't get that from DMV and I went last year. I just didn't feel like the well on.
Speaker 16: We want to shout out show love to to Mayor Brandon Scott in Baltimore and our partners over Man Wagon and see.
Speaker 3: I know they're doing their best in Baltimore. I was there this year. I had a game time. I thought they did really well.
Speaker 16: But that's also to your points why we're bringing this new tournament, the Black College Invitational Championship, to Charlotte, our own tournament started by you, specifically for us, the Black College Invitational Championship. We don't have to beg or ask anybody else to do anything for our HBCUs. We started this endeavor to do this specifically for us. We'll take care of all the fees, we pay for travel, lodging, Every team that comes to participate in the tournament, we give them an entry fee, and then the winning schools get twenty five thousand dollars. And this is all led by us, put together by us. So we need everybody to come out of support.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trump going to sign an executive order, no federal fundation, no Carolina.
Speaker 10: And that's different from the nc double A too, because like teams have to pay to go to the NCUBA or pay to go to the n I t and stuff like that. So for Wes to put in a situation where that bcr C actually pays the schools to come, like, that's different right there.
Speaker 3: You know, you know you do the podcast. I didn't know maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 10: I want to say thank y'all for playing that in February every day, Like seriously, thank y'all, charlamlayne if just like appreciate it.
Speaker 2: A lot of things that people don't know that you put them on to you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But you know what I like about that podcast is you tell people about things that they may or may not know about Black history.
Speaker 3: So tell us the history of the BCIC but I never even heard of it, honestly.
Speaker 10: And tell y'all did this yeah tournament and you won't because this is the first of his calling you did, you know what I'm saying? Like again, West told you like this is his brainchild and the idea that we don't have a space to celebrate HBCUs after our SWACK tournament or CI double A tournament or MEAC tournament.
Speaker 3: We don't have anywhere else.
Speaker 10: So an opportunity to have HBCUs come to a NC double A type environment like this is the genesis of it. This is the history of it. Right now, we're all participating in the history of the bci C. Last year again, the thoughts were coming to Fruition and having conversations with the appropriate people at the different conferences. It's a lot of legwork that had to go into that. You got to get signed off from the NC double A, you got to get signed off from each individual conferences that were so conferences that wanted pavements, and it was just a lot going on. So to have it in a space now where we're actually here, like less than three weeks away, like this is the genesis of the bcise. So I'm just excited to be a part of this black history and bringing something like this to Charlotte.
Speaker 3: But how difficult is it to get the schools involved? Right?
Speaker 2: Because I dj a lot of the HBCU events, especially I like the rivalries, right, The rivalries a lot better because it's like you always see the Howard Hampton, you always see the Hampton Norfolk, you'll see Morgan and Howard and you'll see FAMU in this one.
Speaker 3: So the rivalries are good because it gets the people involved.
Speaker 2: But how are you going to make sure fans come out and actually want to come to these games because you said it's so difficult, and a lot of times we don't get depressed, we don't get the TV time, we don't get a lot of those things where people don't necessarily find out about it.
Speaker 3: And that's why I like North Carolina too.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of colleges, especially HBCUs are in the South that it's easier for people to get there. So how are you going to make sure that people get to these games and these colleges get there as well?
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: We got a couple of ways.
Speaker 16: We have a wide variety of different in game entertainment opportunities for people, different theme nights. I mean, we got a Welcome to Charlotte Knight on the first day. When we're looking at I mean, this is the first time ever you're seeing different conferences playing each other in a postseason tournament. So we're thinking that that's also gonna drive attention to the games. When you have the MIAC versus Swag and then you have the ciaa versus SIEC. Like you again, you've never seen that, and this is our first postseason basketball tournament and we know, like we can't West o Laurel solely on people just coming to see the basketball games. So we have several of the games hosted by Nolimon Larry. Shout out to Nolimon Larry Charlotte. He's gonna be hosting the games on Thursday and Friday afternoon and in Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday for the championship games, we got b dot in games. We have performances, HBCU bands will be participating, giveaways, and then it's a whole week of events. So Tuesday we're kicking it off for the golf tournament. Wednesday, we have an HBCU Sustainability Summit with HBCU presidents from across the country, followed by an empowerment lunching that'll be hosted by some some really cool folks, including the Durant Family Foundation shout out to doctor Yanda Durant and Mama Durant.
Speaker 3: And then Thursday through Sunday we have the games.
Speaker 16: We also have an educational Day, so we'll be having High School Education Day with a thousand high school scholars from the greater Charlotte area coming on Thursday, about another thousand on that Friday, and then we have a step show a culminating event on Sunday evening. So again like it's not just about the games, but make no mistake about it, I got one.
Speaker 3: Shot at this.
Speaker 16: If people don't come and support this year, there will be no year two. We got a one year agreement with the city of Charlotte. Is kind of approven year yo, Wes. If you can pull us off and we make it what it's supposed to be, then we'll be able to do something moving forward.
Speaker 3: But if we don't, then there will be no year too.
Speaker 16: So all the parties, it's a trial, and all the parties, all the day parties, the night parties, all the things that individuals are saying that they want to come for, Like, oh that's cool. But if you only go to those things and we don't come to the games, and we don't sell tickets, we don't put bus in seats, we don't have a safe weekend, we don't have people come in purchase hotels, then we will not have a year two. Postseason bad basketball for those who don't win their conference tournament is non existent for us, So it's only incentivized for our season to continue and then to be a part of something in Charlotte, where a lot of people want to be back in that city and then doing something for the culture.
Speaker 3: It wasn't really hard. As I've been talking to presidents and he's lying, I just want to say, I just want to say, I just want to say this Wes.
Speaker 10: No, I'm not I'm going to give you your prose because Wes has been boots on the ground of this. Like when you asked that question, Charlotmanne, He's had to talk to every single head of every the SIEC, the SWACK, the CI double A, the MEAC, the NC double A like get signed up. So to answer your question, the first answer that will be connections, like the way he's connected to so many different individuals. The people that can go in rooms that he couldn't go into and speak for him on behalf of the BC I C. Now, yes, all the things he's saying is one hundred percent correct, but how do we get teams to sign off connections?
Speaker 3: The fact that he knows certain people and he was able to talk to them, that was able to.
Speaker 10: Because certain people wouldn't even listen, and he had to have certain conferences with other people to come. You know what I'm saying like so cash credit or connections. You always want them connections and he has those. You'll got a step show two, right, Greek Fraternity. Yeah, so it's the first ever b C i S step show. So this is the first ever interconference step show. So you know you often have step shows and it's like just bring the best Greek teams, but these are going to be participating Greek teams and or step show teams from the different conferences, so they'll be competing for the b C i C Championships. So everything is not only built around competition, but including all four of our conferences. Like so for example, when you you go to let's say you go to the Hampton right or you go to Morgan State, you don't necessarily interact with people from Grambling or from Miles College. Uh if you if you went to Clark Atlanta, you're not necessarily interacting with folks from Delaware State for example.
Speaker 3: Like don't like cooking, could be that they do, yes, I.
Speaker 16: But again, it's all about really bringing these conferences together and having an opportunity for our student athletes, students and an alumni more than anything else to be able to interwine with each other. It's what it's all about. That's how we build culture, and in this era right now, more than any other, we have to make sure we build with each other, which means we got to spend time with each other, We got to do things with each other, We got to play against each other, we got to compete against each other. We spend money with each other, and I think that's only going to enhance us as we move forward.
Speaker 2: We have more with Doctor Wes Bellamy and beat Out when we come back. They're creating their own tournament, the Black College Invitational Championship. We'll talk more when we come back. As the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Morning, everybody is the ej n V.
Speaker 3: Just hilarious.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club is still kicking with doctor Wes Bellamy and doc Let me ask you so, so a lot of these conferences in these money is the biggest thing. Has sponsors came in or with sponsors a difficult thing? Oh nah, it's been difficult. The biggest sponsor that came in and supported you right away that you can sell.
Speaker 16: I will say that the biggest sponsor's been Black Voters Matter, which yeah, yeah, ironically shout out to my man Cliff and Tasha.
Speaker 2: About only soda companies that sponsor everything else. These these liquor companies that sponsor these companies, I mean companies because I see them sponsor everything else, right, and.
Speaker 16: They have been very slow to come and to sponsor this. Just being completely honest with you, that doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Obviously with three weeks out, it's gonna happen. It's gonna be a first class event. But to be say, yeah, no, not for real, like we haven't yeh, but but we haven't had we haven't had a lot of support that you will see with traditional entities. We're not the a CC, we're not the SEC tournament still have budgets. They still absltly correct. Which is even more so while we're saying we need folks to come out to the games, because this is really I mean pretty much half the tournament I've been paying for out of pocket. Uh, like we this is a I'm not gonna say the amount because I'll be in court, but but but this is this is a this is a very heavy endeavor in which we've had to put on and we haven't had the sponsorship support in what you see again from other entities, which is part of why we appreciate y'all for having us up there.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, just you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I was about to do you have a really really dope videographer?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, man, Because how you gotta do it is you gotta package it a certain way. You gotta make it look like something that somebody want to get. And to nb's point, they are supposed to be honestly like not quiet about giving money, and sponsors supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be coming out out the ass cheets for this.
Speaker 4: But you gotta like package that real nice like market it and have like the dopest I'm talking about really really dope videographers do every day like you may, especially that Step show. That Step show is going excite people that.
Speaker 3: Sound like I could do that budget.
Speaker 10: They aren't working a month.
Speaker 4: But but now I see this being really really big and that's how you get the dos and you know, not even just liquor, but.
Speaker 16: The we've had conversations. I'm saying, you know, we would love to follow up because.
Speaker 4: They're doing the rebranded damnself know they need just as much as John need.
Speaker 3: We got to give.
Speaker 16: We got to give credible what credit is due. We have a really dope sponsorship ar. We're partnering with Van Wagner. Van Wagner is the group that runs the c I Double A and they've produced a Super Bowl shout out to my man Julius and Brandon in the back.
Speaker 3: They've been they've been really, really helpful.
Speaker 16: But I wouldn't be lying if I didn't say that again, we haven't received the same amount of supporters.
Speaker 2: On this either clothing, jersey, whether it's pool or night.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 16: I mean we've literally had conversations with all of these entities.
Speaker 3: Well we have.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people want to see it done, but I always say with all these companies myself, we deal with these sponsorships and companies, it's difficult. Give me something, give me a little five stacks just to help me out for the first year, and then when we prove ourselves then we can go to the table. But what about TV time? Is this gonna be on TV?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 16: So we are proud to announce that we have a television television partner with Rise.
Speaker 3: It's a new network.
Speaker 16: They're part of Samsung, so we're the first sports entity on their platform Network US and Live Golf. So Samsung came in as a partner Samsung through Rise rather they came in as a partner, so we were really happy about that, and they're producing as well as streaming and televising the entire tournament.
Speaker 3: Really really looking forward to that. Everybody with a go cool.
Speaker 2: Did you reach out to other networks as well and they kind of just fell back as well, HBCU go BT.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, shout out to you you go.
Speaker 16: I will say we had some fruit full conversations for a wide variety of different reasons. We're working through how things can work out in the future, but for this right now again Rod stepped up. They answered the challenge and they're showing us a support. But more than anything else, you know, it's one thing to watch it on television. We need folks to come down to shout it and come to the game. And that's why I'm so happy for that. Brothers like b do you know just n V Charlemagne's for your support because that's not only being on your platform.
Speaker 2: A brother, I'm not a brother. I heard what you just said. Brothers like.
Speaker 3: She went to a social ye mean to be that what you mean? It was a lot it's a lot going on, y'all. Wow, just had to have a whole baby to pull to their creat.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Know the first.
Speaker 1: It's a tough it's interesting with the sponsors, what I would want sponsors to do, And it's the question I'm gonna ask, how does this tournament help address the challenges at hbc used faith in regards to funding, media coverage, recruitment, because sponsors need to know if.
Speaker 3: They are connected with y'all, they are helping with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Literally, this is your one stop shop. So when we talk about recruitment for HBCUs, our high school education days will be recruitment fairs.
Speaker 3: We have two days of that. Specifically, when you look.
Speaker 16: At creating an environment to show off the best of the best of HBCU culture from the sports environment, the games will be high quality, first class events. The high excuse me, the college bands that will be playing and performing also show you a glimpse of the HBCU culture. And then when you look at the alumni support and those who will be attending the games as well as the aciliary events, you're gonna get everything about HBCU culture at this specific tournament. When you look at the presidents who will be attending the sustainability Summit, the empowerment lunching. When you're gonna have literally five hundred players and stakeholders all in one room, there's no better place for you to be able to have a captive audience to show off whatever it is that you're selling and or supporting. Then this event that is put together by us, that is for us, and it's going to be for the benefit of our people. So the biggest thing is we need these games to be sold up. Ye we need busting the seats man. The Bojingos Coliseum holds eighty three hundred people. All the floor seats have been bought out, so you know, of course, you know, our folks say like yo, we want to sell on the floor. The tickets are very affordable. Tickets are forty dollars per session. We have two games on Thursday at twelve and two, then you have evening games at six and eight. That's the same model for Thursday and Friday. So we start off with the Meact versus Swack teams in the CIBAA versus sei C on Friday, then the me Act Versus s Wack Championship games on Saturday, and then the ciuble A Versus si C Championship games on Sunday.
Speaker 3: And it's men and women as men and women at sixteen teams.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so we don't leave our sisters out, you know, jes we don't leave the systems out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish you. I wish you.
Speaker 16: We don't leave the sisters out because it's support for our ladies to have the opportunity to showcase their talents as well. And were hoping we're gonna have a few more surprises. Where do they go to get ticket You can go to ticketmaster dot com, or we prefer you go directly to our website www dot Black College Championship dot org. You can put it in any search engine, look us up on Instagram. You'll see all You'll see the history of this coming together. You'll be able to follow the journey and man, we just need your support, you know again www dot Black Dollege Invitational Championship dot org. Or again you could just put in b C I C and any of your search engines. You'll see us come up, the write ups, all the information.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 16: Again, make sure y'all come down to Charlotte. The weather's gonna be nice. It's gonna be a first class event. B Dot's gonna be on the mic, No Living Larry. We got a couple other special guests man, that'll be there in attendance too. You know a few friends of mine who will be in the city during that time, so you don't want to miss It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 2: All right, well, doctor Wes Bellamy and beat out with I'll see y'all down there. It's the Breakfast Club in morning. Hello, Hi, what's happening out there? How y'all feeling mano morning. Everybody's DJ n V, Jess, Hilarry Chelamaine the God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Class. Yes, man.
Speaker 1: I want to tell everybody man, thank you for getting your tickets to the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, which is happening Saturday, April twenty sixth at Pullman Yards in Atlanta, Georgia. Okay, for everybody who's been the last couple of years, you already know what they expect. It is a day of all your favorite podcasts. Man, your day have coach, you dead community, and a dad conversation. So this year we got Mandy and Weezy hosting the event. We got good Mom's Bad Choices.
Speaker 3: They'll be there.
Speaker 1: The Neked Sports Podcast with Carrie Champion R and B Money Podcast with Tanking, Jay Valentine and Sarah Jakes Roberts will be there doing the Woman of All Podcasts.
Speaker 3: So go get your tickets right now.
Speaker 1: Black Effect dot Com Slash Podcast Festival for Saturday, April twenty six in Atlanta, and spoo to my guy Louis B Man, he's out there.
Speaker 3: He'll be providing the soundtrack per usual. What up, Louis V. That's right yo.
Speaker 4: Also, I'm gonna be in Atlanta next Wednesday and Thursday. I got shows at the Atlanta Comedy THEA Theater.
Speaker 2: Y'all get y'all tickets. I got two.
Speaker 4: Shows on Wednesday and then two shows on Thursday. I'm about to bring back the weekdays. I remember when I first started comedy, right, they would only book me on the weekdays. You had to like earn that spot to do clubs on the weekends, right, But I found I felt like that was my niche. I was like, man, I can sell any day. I used to sell it on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays. I ain't only sell it on weekends.
Speaker 2: That's just me flexing a little bit.
Speaker 12: You know, people used to leave their kids in the house come see me.
Speaker 3: So how is that going to to work with your morning show schedule.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna broadcast line from Atlanta?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, all right, okay, you're trying to show them coming to work about I got here tuesday?
Speaker 2: He said, Okay, what about the morning?
Speaker 3: You know, get your money at night, but what about the morning's all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna be broadcasting from Atlanta, y'all. We got her offices down.
Speaker 1: There, that's right, and Louis, Louis, make sure you get just right. Come on, all right, we got the room's coming up.
Speaker 3: What we about to say? Make sure you get just right? Nope, we got to make sure just get there. That's the other.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be there. I'm gonna be there. I'm gonna be there.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't know what we have coming up, to be honest with you, but I tell you what, though it ain't room, it's because Lauren be coming with straight fact.
Speaker 1: Shall no, let's not say that either. Let's not say that she'd be having the latest on things I don't know there, you know, all the damn details be factual.
Speaker 3: She gets them from somebody that knows, somebody to detail that knows, somebody got the facts.
Speaker 2: Man, that girl will be doing.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything. Oh it's the latest, the latest, that's what you're right.
Speaker 3: I like her latest.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Gole Morning Morning. Everybody's DJ Envy, Jesse, Larry Chelamaine, the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the room. It's worldwide mass on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: The coach with Lauren.
Speaker 3: Lauren and I got the mess.
Speaker 8: Talked to me.
Speaker 2: When Porsche was up here. She stirred up some mess.
Speaker 5: Huh girl, Yes, you missed a good one. Okay, Now I watched it, so yeah. So port she talked about a.
Speaker 13: Lot of things, and I know that people have been into the things.
Speaker 5: But one of the things she talked about that it's going to be I think a big storyline on the season of her Housewives of Atlanta is Drew Sodora. There they're giving the vibes as if she's dating at Portia's ex Dennis Ennis, who was the father of her daughter PJ.
Speaker 3: Let's take her.
Speaker 13: Listen to a Portia when she was here.
Speaker 3: Now, how title you and Drew Drew?
Speaker 6: You know what Drew is?
Speaker 5: Some people you just realize, Okay, you're just a little Is she still an ambassador of gonackad hair?
Speaker 13: Absolutely? Lenand Okay she is.
Speaker 5: She's the okay person. I think for a lot of her friends, I think they love her. I think they trust her. I think if you're not her friend, you shouldn't trust her and you shouldn't be around her.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So with you saying you shouldn't trust her, shouldn't be around her, and she is not wearing gonaked hair anymore. You're not happy about the allegations that she might be in a relationship or whatever with Dennis, your ex. She actually was trying to film with him behind my back, and that's just not cool. And then also there was a go naked photoshoot she was trying to set up without me knowing anything about.
Speaker 2: I have to prove everything.
Speaker 13: Some of them fits.
Speaker 5: It's not fitting for you. So I would like to ask the owner of the company be a part of any of that. So when those two things were happening behind my back with my business on my show.
Speaker 13: Yeah I have a problem with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you know who else had a problem Drew's sister, So Drew's sister the Jasmine Bran shout out to the Jasmine brand had picked up our clip and Drew Soor's sister, her name is Alis Alison Jordan according to her Instagram, commented and said Porsche, so you are on a lying tour. Why are you creating a fake story? Shame on you and tag Porsche. Baby Daddy Dennis Dennis McKinley came in the comments and added Drew's sister and said, not too much on baby mama. I would hate to have to push your sister's album back. It comes out next weekend.
Speaker 13: It's a classic. But the laughing emoji.
Speaker 5: When she was up here, we talked about the fact that now Dennis is producing music and he is allegedly only hanging out with Drew because he's producing Drew's music. So he's like, don't play with my baby mama. But I was like, their relationship is I don't know. She said they're they're co parenting. He don't play about Porsche.
Speaker 1: Don't eyes Has anybody seen capital p understand why Simon want to be in the country illegally.
Speaker 3: I can see why Homie is still fighting.
Speaker 2: For her, Like, what's the problem people, that's a baby mom that he's always gonna have love, that's.
Speaker 3: His baby mama.
Speaker 2: I think trying to get her back after mister was you know, after she ended with him.
Speaker 3: What did you say after.
Speaker 12: Simon put some respect on that man last night?
Speaker 2: I thought that he.
Speaker 4: I thought they was going, you know, do a little some something again, because right after that they was like together at the house or something.
Speaker 5: Well, they they're always together and she posts photos and you know that's like have a healthy co parents say stay, Homie said, but she said, when she get a new man, we'll see how much of a Homie vibe he gives.
Speaker 13: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well we know Hi don't play about it, but he's gonna push back this album.
Speaker 13: Are we looking for the album?
Speaker 3: Okay, Lauren, let's go with the shame.
Speaker 2: Is great.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know it was coming out, just being Drew.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I honestly didn't love loved Drew on the show. But I was not looking for new Drew music produced by Dennis McKinley.
Speaker 3: I wasn't I was so shocked, Like, Lauren, that's what I'm talking about. What else that to the left, You're gonna get some shades left.
Speaker 2: He is a hater.
Speaker 12: He's really just nice.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 4: You know it's fine girls giving heavy. You ain't here fixing it when it ain't need nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, don't worry about you better wear that fixing.
Speaker 5: I'm like, you ain't not wrong with it, It's fine, damn yo. Gabriel Union, Yes, was that Dwayne Wade? So you remember when Gabriel Union came out and said that she was doing fifty fifty with Dwayne Wade. Yes, I have that audio just in case you didn't remember, So let's listen to that.
Speaker 17: It's weird to say I'm head of household because in this household we split everything fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: But in the other household set, each of us have to support.
Speaker 13: It puts us.
Speaker 2: There's always this like gorilla on your back that it is like you.
Speaker 3: Better work, you better work.
Speaker 2: You know you're to sleep in you know somebody.
Speaker 3: Might not eat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So when that happened, when that interview happened, people was like, girl, what like you your husband's dayne Wade. But then there are other people that I was like, yo, I get it, like she want to take you know, on me, and they both got it.
Speaker 2: So it's like, what is Gabrielle Union exactly?
Speaker 5: And that was the other side of it, But my sister's backtracking down. Gabrielle Union says now she might not be with the fifty fifty.
Speaker 13: Let's take a.
Speaker 17: Listen famously said fifty to fifty or bust, right, And I meant that financially, spiritually, emotionally, and there's just a lot of days that I have ten percent and I need him to be ninety.
Speaker 2: There's days I don't have and I need him to be one hundred.
Speaker 17: It's a trauma response, and fifty to fifty is I'm not going to be vulnerable enough to trust you with one hundred percent of anything, not my heart, not my cash. And when I started to really address that and I was like, do you want to pay whole mortgage? I thought I was about to die. I had such anxiety, like I was crying, I was shaking, and he was like, you insisted on that. He's like, I thought it made you feel better. I'm like it did, and right now I want to take it back now it sounds crazy to be like you, mister NBA superstar who made a bazillion more amount of money than I do, can pay the mortgage. And it's brought us closer because he knows. It's not about whether he can afford it. It's being vulnerable enough to know that I'm okay?
Speaker 13: And why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: See what happens when Hollywood starts rolling back?
Speaker 6: Read that.
Speaker 1: The role starts slowing up in Hollywood? You know the movie starting Black People sposed to be doing. You see your man's part of it, the jazz too, and he got that old NBA money. What am I working so hard for?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Exactly.
Speaker 5: I understood the vulnerability part, though, Jess, I don't like it. Yeah, I felt like I get it, Like it's like you kind of want to make sure you hold don't wait, just can't get crazy, Like all right, cool, I'm good.
Speaker 2: But I think that that said if you get crazy, she get you get half.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Guys, kids.
Speaker 13: I hear you, but I think for I can't. I want to speak for a lot of women. For myself.
Speaker 5: Just you let me know how you feel for myself when I think about vulnerability in a relationship financially, I feel like the more financial responsibility the man has, sometimes a control thing comes in.
Speaker 13: So I always want to remind him like I don't need you. But it's like no.
Speaker 2: Different. But it's a struggle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: They had to revisit the table. You know, it is what it is, you know what I'm saying, Like she she felt as if like that would have worked for her first. But I ain't gonna lie something about it that I don't like. But that she said that, he said, Oh, I mean that's something that you wanted to do. So you didn't take charge enough to be like, nah, I'm going to take care of this. I'm going you know what I mean, Like I just kind of let her. I mean one of his wife said, and I want to do.
Speaker 2: This, okay doing I'm here when whatever you want to come back, but go do it.
Speaker 3: I know you gonna get tired. Go ahead on out there. I know you're going to.
Speaker 4: But just to not see that she tied before she gets there, this lady said she was about to die.
Speaker 5: He might have seen it and said, I got the type of woman that she is. He might have had to let her get to that point to be like, Okay, you want to talk now, like I know sometimes that happens.
Speaker 2: I wish Okay, Well, I get I get it. You see me struggle.
Speaker 12: You better say something before I gotta say something.
Speaker 3: I get what everybody said, but I don't think it's a struggle thing.
Speaker 1: I think that she's just saying she reserves the right to want to work if she want to work, right.
Speaker 5: But we need to listen to the thing again because you're talking about from the perspective, but like you work hard, So you're saying that my man watching me work hard and bust my behind, I need him to be like, yo, sit down, I'm telling.
Speaker 13: You right now, I got it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, especially nobody wants to work hard on purpose.
Speaker 8: Y'all.
Speaker 3: None of us want to work.
Speaker 13: You want to work smart.
Speaker 3: I want to be kept.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you just want to kick your feet up and just have somebody take care to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because y'all been doing that. Yeah, that's only I have no problem.
Speaker 3: Kick you gotta work.
Speaker 4: You can't kick you ain't never had the luxury of kicking up your feet been Yes, no, got Stepman is a loyal stepman got his too, Like I.
Speaker 3: Get it compared to Oprah.
Speaker 12: But when to sit back and let your wife take care of y'all, like, like, handle all the bills.
Speaker 1: My wife definitely did that for me when I I'm been fired four times when I would that's not hard to believe. But when I was unemployed and too proud to go collect unemployment checks because I thought people would recognize me because I used to work with and all that, my wife was definitely the one going to work paying all the bills and the rent and everything else.
Speaker 13: You didn't have a choice, so you weren't like, yeah, baby, this is bliss.
Speaker 3: And guess what I would choose it again? All right?
Speaker 13: Crazy you down.
Speaker 5: That's different than like y'all wouldn't want to ball at the can you can't me't care.
Speaker 2: And the marriage is the marriage is, everything is together, right, So if your wife is doing something where she can support everything, who cares? I don't have to be now, I want no go ahead, babe, I'll cook, I'll cleve, I'll take the kids.
Speaker 1: Have somebody to do that too, Okay, Okay, let's just all hit the lotteries. I ain't nobody got to do nothing. That's the perfect scenario, y'all.
Speaker 4: Hate is just took it somewhere else. I understand what is saying. I get it, and he should have been stepped in like all right, look die, I be hearing you crying in the shower at having sex.
Speaker 3: Like toler and call back and you know, you know, all right, thank you for playing with.
Speaker 2: Nail polished, and I'm over here crying, like, what's happening?
Speaker 13: What keep going.
Speaker 1: After this?
Speaker 3: Talking about dog? Get the damn next with you talking about Charla?
Speaker 1: Five hours, we're gonna talk about somebody being deported.
Speaker 3: All right, it's the breakfastove, good morning, wake up waol, you're like into the breakfast club now? Was Donkey up the team?
Speaker 6: Baby?
Speaker 2: Damn? He hogged?
Speaker 3: It's time for Donkey. I' me ain't trying to beat Donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 2: Called Donkey up the day and it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlamain who got the donkey out of day today?
Speaker 1: Well, Jess hilarious Donkey Today for Thursday, March sixth goes to a real estate agent named Stephanie Lovins and I'm gonna let you know it right now. The mayonnaise is heavy on this story. Okay, Stephanie used to work for Century twenty one. We all know what Century twenty one is, correct, Yes, big real estate company. Stephanie was a real estate agent there, but she isn't anymore.
Speaker 3: She got fired.
Speaker 1: Okay, she got fired because Stephanie was dining at a Mexican restaurant in Columbus, Ohio. Salute that everybody who listens to us on one oh six point seven to Beat in Columbus, Ohio dropping the clues bombs for one O six point seven Beat in Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to the world's most dangerous morning show.
Speaker 1: Now, before I tell you about Stephanie, I just need to remind you that since the start of President Trump's second term, thousands of undocumented migrants have been getting arrested and deported. We noticed, Okay, Tom Holman and Ice Ice Baby not playing, and there are a lot of undocumented migrants in this country who are scared to death. Okay, Ice has asked me to go on a couple of ride alongs. There is a part of me that wants to see for myself what is happening, How it's happening, so I can properly report on it. But let's just stick to the story. I just needed to remind you of what's going on in this country, to give the proper context to this story. Okay, Stephanie Lovin's was dining at a restaurant called Cazula's Mexican Cantina, and she had a waiter named Ricardo.
Speaker 3: Now Ricardo is.
Speaker 1: A US citizen, but who cares about that minor detail at a time like this. Okay, Stephanie got upset with Ricardo and she did this. Let's go to eighty six News for report.
Speaker 18: Please customer's head into Casuela's Mexican Cantina on East broad Street. Just days after this photo was snapped of a receipt a customer left behind Sunday that includes no tip and a hateful message reading you suck.
Speaker 3: I hope Trump deports you.
Speaker 1: I think it's despicable.
Speaker 3: You know that's not who America is. You know we're all immigrants.
Speaker 18: Just hours after the photo of the eighty seven dollars bill was posted as social media, it went viral. The restaurant shane not allowing ABC six to talk with employees, but in a statement telling us, in part, we are deeply disappointed by the offensive message left on a recent receipt, which goes against our values and the welcoming environment.
Speaker 3: We strive to create. There is no place for hate in our restaurant. Can't talk to our employees. Everybody ain't got their papers.
Speaker 1: But in the signature section of her receipt, Stephanie wrote, I hope Trump deports you. This isn't fair to migrants, okay, because a lot of Mexicans especially have just become the post to children for undocumented migrants. And that's not fair because most Mexican immigrants in the US are documented, but a significant number are not. But that does not give people like Stephanie a right to profile them.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 1: I know what a lot of y'all are thinking, because I was thinking it too. How bad was Ricardo's service that Stephanie wanted him deported?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 3: This just wasn't a random attack, was it? You just don't go from zero to deport him?
Speaker 1: Did he not bring the Guacamolean chips to the table fast enough that she asked for no salt around the remember from Margarita and Ricardo bought one with salt anyway, she wrote, I hope Trump deport you, followed by zero you suck. Zero is the amount of the tip that she wanted to leave. But how bad was the service that she did? All of this did Riccardo not speak proper English, so there was miscommunication. I'm just trying to figure out. I was just trying to figure out how terrible a Mexican service must be if you want them to port it. I'm gonna be honest, every encounter I've ever had with a Mexican in the service industry has been pleasant, Okay, dropping the clues bombs.
Speaker 3: For all the Mexicans in the service industry, they are.
Speaker 1: Super friendly, respectful, very hospitable, warm, which is why they thrive in the service and industry in this country.
Speaker 3: So how bad was Ricardo's.
Speaker 1: Service that Stephanie not only said I hope Trump deport you, but you sucking got a zero tip?
Speaker 3: Well, if that's what you were thinking, that's wrong. That's not what happened.
Speaker 1: Stephanie decided to have a side of racism with her Chimney Changa because the restaurant had a one coupon per table policy, one coupon per table. Let the record show that one coupon per table usually means one coupon per purchase, so you can get one item, you can't use the coupon for the whole table. I know that's where the discrepancy lied. But the reason Stephanie is getting donkey of today is because she had first denied any involvement. In fact, she went on social media and claimed that her credit card had been lost or stolen and that someone.
Speaker 3: Else used it. But this proved to be a lie because the.
Speaker 1: Restaurant has cameras, and the restaurant reviewed the footage and confirmed that Stephanie had been sitting in her ass right there in that restaurant the whole time. By the way, I like a okay, I like a person who makes up extravagant lies and follows through with the lies. Stephanie went on Facebook and said, my credit card was lost, are stolen, and somebody attempted to use it. Thanks for the notifications. This has been reported through my bank. Then she went on LinkedIn and said, thank you for all the recent notifications of scammers and profile hackers. I recently discovered a loss or missing credit card and an attempted purchase.
Speaker 3: I appreciate your patience while our man is the situation.
Speaker 1: Then she deleted all her social media accounts altogether smart because she doesn't got the heart to stand on what she said.
Speaker 3: I like a good liar, but I like a person who stands on what they said. Even more.
Speaker 1: If you wanted Ricardo to get deported, then stand on that. But I guess that racism wasn't worth losing your job, was it. Please let Chelsea handle give Stephanie Lovins the biggest he haw.
Speaker 3: Hee haw hee haw.
Speaker 2: That is way too much, Dan Manes.
Speaker 1: You're a real estate agent, worked for Century twenty one. You lost your job because you couldn't use a cupe on. You want a man deported because you're clearly not selling any houses and wanted to use your coupon.
Speaker 3: M hmm, I'm with you. How bad was the service? Where you got a pen and wrote that down?
Speaker 1: And the service wasn't bad? That's what I thought at first, right when I first read the story. She was actually upsetp because she couldn't use the coupon. That's what she was upset by Rocardo about. Yes, you just came back from Mexico. How was the service?
Speaker 12: Yes, it was amazing, Yeah, unlike America. Oh, it was amazing.
Speaker 4: They worked hard to make sure people are feeling good and well we can say they were called for.
Speaker 2: Tips, but they definitely just and there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's in their DNA like they want to make sure you are happy at all times, taking care of you, eating good.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: They it was amazing and we know you loved Yeah, so what's next playing?
Speaker 3: We know you loved the service of Mexican.
Speaker 2: I I love the service, Yes I did. And that's all all right? So what what else we got going on?
Speaker 3: Just fix my Mex. It's my Mex.
Speaker 1: Just its my Mex, not today. See you can see all she does is have one child with a Mexican. Now you're telling her she got to fix people mex.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. One baby with a Mexican and now you gotta fix Mex Do you even know? Do you even know what I mean? Now you gotta pix people mix This is what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about one five one, Just fix my mess.
Speaker 2: If you haven't problems, relationship problems, or issues, call up right now. Eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one. It's the Breakfast Club, good Boarding, the breakfast Club. That's about me for relationship problems.
Speaker 3: At about me.
Speaker 2: If you need to beat your coworker's ass, at.
Speaker 3: About me for your coworker needs to beat.
Speaker 2: Your ass, call it up. They got to Jess, and I'm here to fix your mess. Fix your mess.
Speaker 12: It's given very much messy.
Speaker 2: Let me fix this morning. Everybody is j Envy, Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are to breakfast club. It's time for just fix my mess?
Speaker 16: Hello?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 19: Anonymous?
Speaker 2: Okay, anonymous? What's your question for?
Speaker 3: Jess?
Speaker 19: Long story short? I cheated on my fiance and I found a GPS tracker in my car recently, and I.
Speaker 8: Don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Stop cheating.
Speaker 4: That's what you got to stop doing, because that's why you How long you've been cheating? He's obviously been on to you for a while.
Speaker 9: How long?
Speaker 19: Yeah, he's found out. I told him I came Cleanton. But we're trying to work on things.
Speaker 2: Trying to work on things.
Speaker 12: So you recently found the tracker after admitting that you were a cheater?
Speaker 19: Yes, correct?
Speaker 4: Okay, So that tells me that he does not believe you. You know, he still does not trust that you are done cheating?
Speaker 3: Are you done with cheating?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: And you a question why you have a goddamn GPS.
Speaker 3: Tracker in your car and you're not done cheating?
Speaker 2: So why did you don't know what to.
Speaker 11: Do with the relationship?
Speaker 3: Oh you want to know?
Speaker 4: Okay, baby, you got to get up out of there if you want to live your life. And you you know, you you still feel like you got some some other things that you're you know, you don't want to cheat on the person, do you?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I don't know, Just leave him because you're obviously you're not happy. You're cheating for a reason, and he's not happy either, I do, And that's how it works. You always love the person that you cheat on, you know what I mean? You love them, but it's something that he's lacking that you can't get there right, something that he's doing that he's not doing that you really really wish that he would do. And although you don't want to leave him, you still find you know, you're still looking for something else and you're finding it out in the streets.
Speaker 12: And that's still Are you married or this just your boyfriend?
Speaker 19: We're engaged and we bought a house years ago, So.
Speaker 3: You ain't making it down at our girl.
Speaker 4: I know you love him, but damn you ain't even married and you're doing you cheat. I think you should just I think you should just revoke that whole engagement.
Speaker 2: Go and live your life. You forty six? Yeah, paying wrong?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, she need to be Neo's fifth girlfriend. That's what it sounds like she needs. She you you into the polye situation. I think that's what you need. You need somebody who's going to be comfortable with you doing these things. I know he already bought the ring. I understand, but would this be better that he found out after you married him or right now? I think it makes more sense that he found out now. And I think that you just need to look in the marriage. Just be honest with yourself. Marriage is not for you, especially not a committed marriage. It's not for you right now. I'm not saying forever, but that ain't something that's for you right now, because you know you got to give him the choice.
Speaker 12: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Right now, you're not really giving him a choice. You know you want to lead them on and he marry you, and you know you're still gonna cheat. I love your honesty. You're like, no, I ain't finish cheating yet, but you can't walk down you know.
Speaker 6: I love a reason.
Speaker 19: I'm like, I'm not trying to. I mean, excuse me. Oh yeah, I want real advice. So just like I have to tell my therapist everything. Yeah, you can't help me if I lie or if I help withhold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's that's that shut part from everybody else. People be calling up here line to me, leaving out parts of the story. I applaud your honesty, but you you cannot get married, and you have to tell him that you're not ready for marriage.
Speaker 19: But I'm the one that wants to get married and he doesn't. I mean he he's the one that's holding back. I mean, obviously he gave me a ring, which indicates he would want to marry me, but he could also just be leading me on leaden together ten years.
Speaker 4: Yep, you can't get married. The advice is still the same. I know you want to get married, but you're not ready. I'm telling you this ain't about him no more, it's about you. You're not ready to get married. You're not because you're not finished playing the field. You know what I mean, and that's totally fine, but you gotta do that single. You know he already got trust issues. You found a GPS tracker.
Speaker 2: That is scary. It's scary as hell.
Speaker 4: But what's yeah, but what's also scary as being engaged to somebody that keeps cheating. It's it's crazy, and it's scary knowing that I have to track my woman because I'm afraid that she ain't gonna never stop cheating.
Speaker 2: I know she's doing something and we ain't even make it down the aisle yet.
Speaker 4: So yes, while marriage is something that you want, that's a law further down the line for you both.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You welcome, babes.
Speaker 3: Just fix my medal.
Speaker 1: Saying and you wanted amble Roads to stop the SlutWalk, okay, you want.
Speaker 3: Her to stop. She wanted to stop because to her, lady needs something to do.
Speaker 2: I don't wanted to stop. I just felt like it was complete contradictory why she stopped. Eight hundred five eight five five. Just fixed my message the breakfast club. God, morning, baby, it's a real deal.
Speaker 6: Help me.
Speaker 2: I'm all up in your mess.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna fix it, fix it, fix it it, Just gonna fix your mess, because my advice is real morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is stee j NV just Larry is Charlamagne to God. We are the breakfast club in the middle of Just fix my mess. We have shared on a lot, right Cherry, Oh, Sherry, I'm sorry, take us off bluetooth for speaker, Sherry, Cherry, Sherry, Sherry, what's your question of prog?
Speaker 8: I got books gone and I'm a play time.
Speaker 19: It's gonna what's good?
Speaker 20: Good morning on morning cloud.
Speaker 2: Shot A Clyde Definitely.
Speaker 20: It's five o'clock somewhere, y'all.
Speaker 8: All right, dad, so I want you to fix my mess?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 3: I got this X right now.
Speaker 2: We went together for like two years, and then we were still together.
Speaker 20: Physically for two years after we had broke up.
Speaker 2: But in those two years we broke.
Speaker 20: Up, he was with another person, living with her, engaged to her.
Speaker 3: I don't care about that.
Speaker 20: I trained that meet myself, you feel me, So it was kind of hard for me to leave that alone all it. So whatever we broke up for, you know, trying to train somebody else from scratch is kind of hard. But our attempted, and when our attempted, they was just terrible back to back, and I'm like, I'm not catching all these frogs till I get a prince. You feel me like some of them is just told. And so I just want to know what I should do, girl, because you know that that meets forever min or should have let this girl have her fiance.
Speaker 11: Like they gonna be married and all that.
Speaker 4: You feel mean, I know, I know, but this is the thing because I think I want to tell you to go ahead and pursue him, because that should actually train that meet and all of it.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 4: But if he's about to walk down the aisle with another shorty and he just you know, at this point he's just using you for the convenience.
Speaker 20: He is not using when I'm the one initiating, I hit him up, like, I know y'all got whatever y'all got going on, but you busy today and I need something real quick, you feel me. But I'm gonna know, like, well, I don't.
Speaker 4: Think you got anything to even worry about, because once short you get to you know, get away for this, she ain't walking down the osle.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna have him, believe it or not.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 20: I don't never want him better. I want that and that's why I let him have the fiance.
Speaker 2: Because you know, let that girl deal with the headache.
Speaker 20: I just feel me. I just want to know should I keep doing that? Should I be abstinent for me?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 20: What should I do?
Speaker 6: Jaed?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's so much meat out here.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: You know, you train one dog, you can train another. One is back it is and when I tried it, it was horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let her have that.
Speaker 4: That's her headache now. And I think, like I said, you you done. All you want is to meet That's fine. Some things just run its course. You need to leave him alone, let him be married, let him figure it out. That ain't for him because obviously if he's still willingly cheating on his fiance, he ain't. He walked on an owl yet, then that's that's something that he's gonna keep doing.
Speaker 2: You ain't even got to be a casualty of that.
Speaker 4: I know you're initiating and all that, but would you want your man, your your fiance to do the same thing to you?
Speaker 2: I don't exactly.
Speaker 4: And what's going to come a time where somebody's gonna put a ring on your finger? Miss ma'am, because if you training meet and all that.
Speaker 20: I believed again that I can't hear you.
Speaker 2: So I want you to lead that along.
Speaker 3: Just where you think she's from, I say, Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: She definitely from New York.
Speaker 12: I don't even know that the bears or whatever, but she definitely from New York.
Speaker 3: I smelled Brooklyn, but.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I smelled Brooklyn, but I think this.
Speaker 2: Is the bronx.
Speaker 3: Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: They gotta smell good luck and training that d the meat?
Speaker 9: What it?
Speaker 1: That's right, sais you gotta stop repeating things just because you hear people saying I just like it.
Speaker 3: I said, you got good luck with trading the D. She ain't never say she trained the She said I trained that meat, but you.
Speaker 6: Ain't hear.
Speaker 3: Did not say that you want to be with the girl?
Speaker 2: You can save me? I saved you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, goodbye, Shrif, Thank you your shadow. Cherry Druggish.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, all right, just fix my mess. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five. We got the rooms coming up. We got the latest with Lauren. We're gonna figure out what she got.
Speaker 3: So she's sett in the seat, all right.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it next It's the Breakfast Club, The Morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: And just Lary charm the God Let's get to the rooms Worldwide mess Man on the Breakfast Clubs The Coach Show with Lauren Lauren and I Got the mess.
Speaker 5: Talk Tommy, alrighty, So Jim Jones and Cameron you got Bill, Yeah right, I can say somebody that yet well hell yeah, especially at the gym came up after thirty business days to talk about it, like goddamn all right. Well, well, when Jim Jones was here speaking of Charlamagne, you asked him what the freaky have to say about everything?
Speaker 13: Let's take a listen to Jim up here.
Speaker 3: What does freak said? What is freakygg said?
Speaker 21: I don't know, freak freak bugging me out right now? You heard freaking a crazy position right now. But I want him to get his money and do whatever business moves he need to do. You did, shout mayor freak. He always gonna be my brother for life, No freak for a very long.
Speaker 3: Time when you're wearing the hat, and that's what we all wanted.
Speaker 1: The coach you too, like make yeah, make them that great again, Like I'm doing that I've been doing that. You heard and I bought him freak because we heard from Joel's. Joels did an interview and he gave his side.
Speaker 2: Yep, I never heard from freaking Yep.
Speaker 5: Well, Freaky Ziggy sat down with the art of dialogue and finally spoke out about the back and forth of the beef.
Speaker 13: Let's say a listen a lot of y'all.
Speaker 22: Mother, this is real ignorant thioso, y ignorant thios I blogan almost you know what I mean, Just dumb.
Speaker 3: He said that your mother suck? Who said that? Who said that?
Speaker 2: Just gotta relax.
Speaker 3: There's no fucking beef between Cam and Jim.
Speaker 22: Beef is when a person you driving and then cuts you off in the front, and you cut you off in the back and you gotta shoot out your windshield and shooting now his windshield that they had you pouring in and.
Speaker 3: It was gonna end your life.
Speaker 22: Beef is serious. They don't really got beef. And the point that I'm making me I'm trying your ball. Freaky's trying to school you all. The ignorant mafers ain't gonna get it. Cam is not selling crack any that was in the past.
Speaker 3: No, he's not selling dope. Jim is not selling crack. He's not selling dope. We're not selling any substances anymore. We're selling algorithm. Dude, freaky.
Speaker 2: I was a little lost for a little minute.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you were scared of little.
Speaker 5: Shoot out the way they said, it's not as serious as people are trying to make it. They'd been do some real serious stuff. They'll get through this. That's basically what was the summation of it.
Speaker 1: And they're both pushing their respective products. You got an album out, Cam got it is what it is, and it's good for the Algorithm.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: Now, Journey Smolett, Now y'all, this story is gonna be a little crazy. So Journey Smollett, that is the sister.
Speaker 2: Of Jesse Smoleett.
Speaker 5: Yes, her ex husband wants half of her retirement, including the money that she has worked hard for as an entertainer after she did already paid a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Is he black?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 13: Oh, now listen to this, So Journey Smollett, she's been in yard. I mean you should know.
Speaker 4: Absolutely your kids, you know, back in the days she started as a child.
Speaker 13: She's been working since she was three years old.
Speaker 5: She didn't putting money in her SAG pension since she was three years old, and her ex husband is basically saying, now he wants more money. So when they divorced back in they separated in twenty nineteen, she has had to pay her ex husband a combined total of seven thousand dollars per month in child support in alimony payments. They were married in twenty ten, the divorce was finalized in twenty twenty one, and then reportedly she paid him close to a million dollars just as a part of their settlement.
Speaker 2: For their divorce right.
Speaker 13: So it was a nasty divorce.
Speaker 5: So now he's like, Okay, well that was cute, but there's a four one K and there's a SAG pension that I know you are still putting money in. Specifically, he is asking about money from twenty ten to twenty nineteen or that. I guess he feels like he didn't get to talk or touch when they were going through the divorce settlement. He's asking for fifty percent of the funds that she got between twenty ten and twenty nineteen, So these could be royalties whatever that go into this pension from SAG in that four one K. Now as I mentioned, she's already paid them a million dollars and reportedly in spousal support as a part of their divorce settlement. And people online are debating this because it's like, bro, she's worked hard for that money.
Speaker 3: If the roles were reversed, right, if the roles were reversed.
Speaker 23: Nobody would even care. They'd be like, get a young lady her money, exactly. So what would happen legally if the roles were reversed, if she was to get that money, I don't see. The problem is you got to play got side. You gotta play fair, right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean you do gotta pay fee equality. You definitely got to play fair.
Speaker 5: And I will say that that period coincides with their marriage, so it does make the fun subject to California's community property law, which normally requires that any marital assets have to be divided equally.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: That's why a lot of times people trying and do their divorces and all that the child sport situations in California because you get more out of it.
Speaker 13: But they just happened to, you know, live there during the town. So we'll see what happens with that.
Speaker 3: But baby.
Speaker 13: They've been dragging him online like lead that girl alone.
Speaker 2: So there's that crazy hey.
Speaker 1: Man, Trump Town's got everybody trying to get their money, right, hear me A couple back to.
Speaker 9: That, right?
Speaker 3: Well, is he deserving of it?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 3: I don't know the.
Speaker 4: Story, so I don't fully, I don't fully he worked with her? Has he ever done anything contributed to you know?
Speaker 5: So what they're basing this on is that California marriage law that I mentioned where it's basically like they were together during a period of time, so assets I don't know how like they're prenup or non prenunt situation.
Speaker 2: When did they get married?
Speaker 5: They were married and the divorce finalized in twenty twenty one. They were married in twenty ten, So he's asking for things from twenty ten to twenty nineteen. These must have been things. I'm assuming these have to be things that like maybe weren't accounted for.
Speaker 2: It law says, because if the roles were reversed, nobody the law.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: So if you can't be mad, law is the law, I get it.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, yeah, so if this happens, uh, you know, she can try and contest it. But if she doesn't contest it then you know whatever. Now speaking of money, and you know people spending their corn fire festival I heard about.
Speaker 2: That is coming back.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's coming back.
Speaker 3: What's home his name? Let's let's do his name to make sure.
Speaker 13: Billy mcfabout Andy with the water, that's right part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was willing to give for water. You got to keep you.
Speaker 12: Know, one of the best documentaries I've ever watched before.
Speaker 5: Listen, he might need a rider like Andy. Billy McFarlane, who is the creator of the festival, might need a rider like him. Because the location in Mexico where they've announced that Fire Festival too will go down and saying we know that's not happening.
Speaker 4: Don't take that, don't take that to my second country. Don't do that, don't put it over there in Mexico.
Speaker 5: Well, according to officials, I don't know how you pronounce the area of Mexico, but according to officials, in the area of Mexico where the Fire Festival two is supposed to.
Speaker 2: Go down, that just said there you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, So if head is in Mexico, you see me. The tickets have gone on sale, but the paperwork has not been officially filed. Yet according to those officials, Now on Wednesday, somebody from the city of City Hall from Mexico Island came out and they said, uh, General Directory of Tourism of that area of Mexico informs us that no persons or company has requested permise for this office or any other municipal government department for the said event. Now tickets is on sale, on sale, like they got tickets, thousands and thousands of site keep general tickets are starting at fourteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: What are you buying is the people performing the performing.
Speaker 13: I'm on the website right now, formative.
Speaker 4: And what is crazy is yo, if you've already seen what happened with the first one, why would you even be somebody buying I'm not.
Speaker 2: Even gonna know you.
Speaker 5: But these new this new generation TikTokers. I think people want to go just to say, oh my God, was a part.
Speaker 20: Of it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But according to Isla Headed, it's nobody ever heard nothing about it.
Speaker 3: One Mexican baby.
Speaker 2: Your business.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So there there's a night ticket for fourteen hundred the fuego, which goes up to like over five thousand dollars the Phoenix tickets.
Speaker 13: Up to twelve thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Idiot buy it.
Speaker 5: You're just stupid, your hotel and all that. And then there's the Prometheus.
Speaker 3: Spanish.
Speaker 13: The website is not even I can't even click stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is weird. Is she's sitting here with it. The website looks crazy.
Speaker 3: They just want people. That's don't tell tomorrow. I think they said tomorrow.
Speaker 2: When I was watching the news, they said it goes on sale tomorrow, and nobody in Mexico knows anything about it, right They haven't announced any artist performing, They haven't announced anything.
Speaker 4: It sounds very scamworthy, and we know it's a lot of fraudulent activity going on right now.
Speaker 13: With everything, I could buy a ticket right now.
Speaker 3: And maybe out there to see what the interest is in Fire Festival.
Speaker 12: Let me rap the rest of the information. You know what's crazy though. Random observation. Lizzo looked good. Liz has been coming down.
Speaker 2: It looks amazing turn She was turning around real slow, and don't give.
Speaker 9: Her to.
Speaker 2: I was like, random observation, but I'm not gonna random observation.
Speaker 13: Times she hit my timeline. I go look at her.
Speaker 5: Paty look, Lizzo looks amazing. You haven't seen this so lately.
Speaker 4: I have given it's given cornish hen now not rotistory chicken. You know they bigger, but the cornish hen. Yeah, don't don't give o zimpic or gives she's been in that gym.
Speaker 3: She's a little stress.
Speaker 2: Look at her.
Speaker 3: She looks looks good. Yes, it's amazing it.
Speaker 2: Don't give a big give like, yeah, it doesn't look like.
Speaker 13: She's lost a ton of weight.
Speaker 5: She's been open about the journey too, and she's posting like her workouts and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Well called big dank little tell her what you've been doing? No, because what is it? I'm not supposed to say that publicly?
Speaker 22: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 16: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Didn't somebody off a big dank something?
Speaker 2: But she had live up here when she came she said that. I thought she said in an interview somebody offer or something. I could have sworn podcast.
Speaker 13: I don't remember what you talked about the sex to deal.
Speaker 3: To lose weight.
Speaker 13: I didn't, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I mean, never mind, little called big dank. Tell her what you've been doing?
Speaker 1: Man, So big Dan, can you get down to a certain side and then you know.
Speaker 3: She can go and have the surgery after that stress.
Speaker 4: Maybe somebody needs to see a big dank because look, when Lizzle was getting she was in that gym heavy.
Speaker 2: So that was workout with mixed with a little bit of stress.
Speaker 1: Look good, and I told you will. We Goldberg looked good at because too what we Goldberg look damn good at all?
Speaker 3: Right, Well, that is the rumors. I keep a lot to mix up. Next les go she wake up. If you're like into the breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club mourning, everybody's dj En v Jess, Hilarious, Charlamage, the gud we are the breakfast club jests.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be in Atlanta soon.
Speaker 4: I absolutely am next Wednesday and Thursday. You can catch me at the Atlanta Comedy Theater and Norcross. Y'all make sure y'all get y'all tickets at jesselarriisufficial dot com or show clicks dot com. I will be promoting on my page. Y'all can get the direct link in my bio, but I will be doing meet and greet after the second show of each night. I haven't done meet and greet since Colleen, Texas, and that's because y'all gave me Covid. Oh there in Texas, but I've started doing meet and greet again, so Atlanta next week. Make sure you get your tickets called Atlanta Comedy Theater. Me and my brother Desi Alexander will be at the Atlantic Comedy Theater Wednesday and Thursday.
Speaker 2: All right, now when we come back. We got the positive notice to Breakfast Club. Good morning, morning everybody at j Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamaine the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a salute to doctor west Bellamy for joining us this morning and also be down.
Speaker 3: That's right, man.
Speaker 1: Make sure you support what they're doing with the BCIC.
Speaker 2: It's in Charlotte, Win March twentieth through the twenty third at the Bojangles Coliseum.
Speaker 1: That's right, So go get your tickets for that, and go get your tickets for the third Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival, happening Saturday, April twenty sixth at Pullman Yards and Atlanta, Georgia. Okay, it is an unforgettable day of live podcast, inspiring conversations and a celebration of the podcast culture. So we got the R and B Money Podcast with Tanking, j Valentine, Carrie Champion, will be there with the next sports podcast, Mandy and Weezy a hosting from Decisions Decisions Sarah Jake Roberts will be there with the Women of All Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Good Mom's Bad Choices will be there.
Speaker 1: So go to Black Effect dot com Slash Podcast Festival to get your tickets right now. In the positive notice, simply this man. It comes from the Great Doctor Wayne W.
Speaker 3: Dye. You know I love Wayne W. Dyer.
Speaker 1: He says, you may have convinced yourself that giving is impossible because you have too little for yourself. Well, if you are not generous when it is difficult, you will not be generous when it is easy.
Speaker 3: Generosity is a function of the heart, not the wallet. Have a great day, Breakfast club bitches, you yn'ta finish or y'all done.