Speaker 1: Third and twelve, empty set for Browning.
Speaker 2: Now they get to him and then he comes forward, he's hit and he's sacked by the captain Captain Camp. Captain Camp, with a little help from DJ Watt and Alex high Smith, Captain Cam's first sack of the year, very alone Camp.
Speaker 3: The Cardinals game will be the first game into December. What does December football mean?
Speaker 1: When you hear that, that's where you punch your ticket to the playoffs. You know, usually we're in the mix for all of it, and so you know, you eat a game ground or you lose ground. So we know we have some important games coming up, but we got to take advantage of this opportunity.
Speaker 4: Under coach Tomlin.
Speaker 3: At home, the Steelers are twenty nine and eleven. It's tied for the best record in the league. Why do you think that record's so good?
Speaker 1: You know, I think it's just guys buying in at the right time. There's a multitude things that go on throughout the season, but I think everybody's locked in for a December run. And you look at it and say twenty and eleven, there's eleven losses on there, But know, you got to spread that out through Mike T's career. That's it's pretty big. You know, he's been here longer than me, so you know that's less than one a year if you counted his book.
Speaker 4: You how to throw that into you because he always gets after you.
Speaker 1: He's got great here too.
Speaker 3: What does it mean to you that next man up for the defense has really become next men up? Especially recently with just all the injuries, not just including yours, but the inside guys on the secondary.
Speaker 1: You know, I think it's a testament to you know, the coaches getting players ready and the players taking advantage of those opportunities. You never want to pray for somebody's injury, but you want to be ready for somebody's injury. And guys like Trenton Thompson, Michael Walker, Landa Roberts, he's been here. I mean, you know he's not a young guy, but he plays like a young guy and his vocal and his responsibilities JJ Joey Porter Jr. Stepping up. You know, when you have injuries throughout the season, you rely on your young guys, you know, proving that they go on.
Speaker 3: What about Keanu Benten, a guy on on your line shut bechet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't give that get enough credit.
Speaker 4: Purposely, yeah, purposely going to tea there.
Speaker 1: You know, I think, uh, you know, in the d line play, we all joke around, have a good time, but uh, he's come on big for us, you know, losing Montrevius myself, we needed guys to step in, and didn't matter what age you were, but we needed guys to step up. And I thought he did an amazing job and he's continued to keep doing it. He plays with good leverage, good hands, gets off blocks, gets after the quarterback too. And I love the way he runs after the ball. That's one thing. I was tied here when I first got here, and you know, he's emulating that every single time.
Speaker 4: That good good. I know me because going crazy being on the sidelines.
Speaker 3: What was it like for you, dealing with the injury and not being able to be out there with your guys.
Speaker 1: It kills you know, you You missed those moments when you're on the field. You miss those opportunities running out of tunnel. You know, I joke with Maca every week because he goes back and forth before we start our warm ups and he has to run. And at first it was very gimpy about me. You know, almost looked like a skip, but it's getting more and more in the forum. But during that time you always just try to just stay in the moment and stay with the group. And for me, it was about being on the headset, hearing what I heard, you know, having conversations, and I think Mica has done a great job. He's kept guys alert and ready. And you look at Trenton Thompson. I think Trenton's doing the work, but I think make is having a say helping him.
Speaker 3: Since you have been back, the Steelers have allowed just eighty five and a half rushing yards per game, significantly better than when you were not in the line.
Speaker 4: Numbers don't lie you.
Speaker 3: What does that say about your play?
Speaker 1: I just want to be part of the mix. It was bugging me not to be out there, and I know my guys were fighting for every yard, you know, So when I got back, I just said I got to make sure I helped the team.
Speaker 4: Even though TJ said you stole a sack from him.
Speaker 1: Of course I stole a sack from TJ. Got to watch that guy.
Speaker 3: But my point being, with one more you will tie Deebo for the second most.
Speaker 4: Does that mean anything to you.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, I've always had a lot of respect for James Harrison. You know, there's guys on the list that you're like, wow, like I can't believe them even in the same contest as those guys, and so being honored to pass them and be honored to tie. But at the end of the day, I'm just I'm trying to get up there.
Speaker 3: What's the biggest key for this team to continue having their arrow pointed up?
Speaker 1: I think one stop in the run, get more turnovers, and play compliment football, you know. I think offensive wise, we're finding a stride there. You know, you look at week I thought we did a great job of just moving the ball and having consistency there, you know, but defense getting off the field, uh, defense providing turnovers, offense holding on to the ball, and special teams making big splash plays. You can never have enough of those making change the outcome a game. So, you know, all of that, I think if we have compromary football, we'll
Speaker 4: Move in the right direction, all right, Thanks Cam, Thanks Melissa,