Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Statovic along with Norma Linda. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us is Bloomberg News cross ass at reporter Emily Graffeo. It's Monday, Emily, but you're thinking about the weekend drinks in the weekend. I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess you.
Speaker 1: Know it's it's not too early for a drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, people can have beer and wine during the week Okay, maybe not gen Z as much. Yeah, because gen Z is very focused on wellness, and maybe that's what's reflected in Constellation Brands stock the tickers st Z. It's down about four percent today. The Again, maybe it could be related to that declining demand from gen Z. But we also got news on the Trump tariffs. So President Trump declared a thirty percent terif frate for Mexico and the EU. There wasn't anything specific about alcohol, but these are key markets for drinks makers. So not only Constellation Brands is down, but We're also seeing Brown Foreman Boston Beer, Mulsim cores down, Constellation makes Modello and Corona, and City noted that one hundred percent of their beer profile is brewed in Mexico. Of course, it's all hinges on. Is that the teriff rate that will actually stick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'm looking at shares year to date down twenty five percent for this company. So it seems as though people are a little bit here on the stock here, right.
Speaker 3: And you hear a lot about like drinks makers and beverage companies trying to pivot away from alcohol, and I feel like every other day someone is introducing a non alcoholic option. I think it's a general cultural shift away from drinking a lot that's weighing on these companies as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, low hallary options, like people like an alternative these days.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of a cultural shift, it seems to be that we're seeing a cultural shift when it comes to Wall Street and it comes to crypto with Bitcoin reaching a new all time Hi, I know you're watching a crypto company.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a big milestone, Bitcoin topping one hundred and twenty k. I felt like just a year ago we were talking about how it was at like sixty k. But I'm looking at coinbased specifically because this is kind of a company that embodies that idea of digital asset DeFi becoming more mainstream. Coinbase, of course, is a crypto exchange. They're in the US, They joined the S and P five hundred a couple months ago, and so that stock is higher today. We tend to see whenever there's like Bitcoin reaching a new high, Coinbase does well. And then also just watching the space for this week because the White House is calling this Crypto Week. There's going to be some bills that Congress is voting on this week that would clarify the structure of the crypto sector and regulations around it. So all around, it's like a very bullish day for crypto and Coinbase, the ticker there is coin all fitting. You're also looking at rocket Lab, right Yes, so rocket Lab ticker rk LB is at a record high right now, it's up about seven percent. City raised their price target on this stock. They said that the price target comes as they shift their valuation methodology to the company's revenue potential, which if that sounds a bit boring, there's also some actually space related news in here. This is a rocket satellite company. They said they expect revenue to grow roughly two point six billion, driven by twenty neutron launches per year. Further satellite construction wins, particularly for US government programs. So I don't know. I always think space is interesting and certainly investors like to bet on it.
Speaker 2: This is interesting.
Speaker 1: It's a twenty one twenty two billion dollar market cap as of now. It's tiny compared to in terms of launches, in terms of capabilities versus SpaceX, but Emily, it's always interesting to see what this company does. Yeah, in the wake of any tension that we see between President Trump and Elon Musk, and we've seen it move quite a bit over the last six weeks or so as the President is threatened to pull SpaceX contracts. To what extent rocket Lab could actually fulfill what SpaceX does that it can't do that at this point. There aren't that many competitors. They aren't really you know, that can actually do that.
Speaker 2: But it's up six.
Speaker 4: It's insane, it's insane looking at all these aerospace are these space docks here, I'm looking at an ETF. It's ticker UFO Procure Space ETF of about thirty percent this year. But if you really dig into some of the names, there lots of activity to watch.
Speaker 3: Imagine if SpaceX was a public company, how much imagine higher that that ETF would be. There are certainly some ETFs that holds you know, A but it's obviously private.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.