Speaker 1: Here comes the boy.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 3: Welcome here he comes.
Speaker 4: Say welcome there there.
Speaker 5: Good mornings we were, and welcome to the Noduks podcast on the Athletic Network.
Speaker 1: It's Wednesday, October twentieth. J skeets alongside me as always there he is tas Melis.
Speaker 2: At the NBA season Everybody.
Speaker 1: Hey, Tasy, We've got a top shot hot boy, Trey Kirby. Hey, hey, the international man of mystery taking it to the max Leyellis friend and last, but not least, making the magic happen. It's JD. Hello, there he is, and here we are. Where the hell are you? JD? You in Nashville?
Speaker 6: Hey, yeah, I'm in Nashville at my little getaway, my second my second studio, you know, living large, enjoying the fireplace here.
Speaker 1: Oh excellent. Shout out to the stream team for joining us live right now on YouTube. Make sure you take a second to subscribe and like and comment and share the show. Your boys here are trying to get to fifty thousand subs by Halloween. That's in eleven days, so we got some work to do. I think we're about seven k away. We're nearing forty three thousand. Last I checked, Ray.
Speaker 3: Said, come on, October is full of magic. Now that would be magical.
Speaker 1: We got fifty K by Halloween.
Speaker 3: You're right, we can do it.
Speaker 1: We can do it really special, all right, we can do it. I believe in us. On today's show, we got so much to talk about. Obviously, the season has started. We'll get to the games, but we also have the latest indie Ben Simmons drama. Wow, things popped off yesterday's show. I'll get into Marvin Bagley's agent all about the Kings. That was something that happened. It was actually started yesterday and last night. We also had the first twenty five members of the NBA's seventy fifth anniversary team announced. I've got some problems, some issues with how they're doing this, but we'll get to that later in the show. We start with a little game recap task. You can get us going here. The Bucks begin their title defense with the one twenty seven one oh four victory over the Brooklyn Nets. I know we'll talk about the Rings a little bit later, but for the game, you know, pretty dominant performance there from Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: I thought, fantastic stuff from the Bucks to come out like that. The Nets, they've got a major Yanni Stetokumpo problem. Now, you might say, of course everybody does. Twenty nine teams have a Yannis problem. But it's not just Yanni's being able to score, it's being able to get his second shot opportunities. It's almost shack like. The Nets don't really have a body to stop him. They tried with Blake Griffin, Yanni's just plowing through him. They tried with James Johnson and the MMA fighter wasn't able to body Yanni's. That's the reason why they brought him in. But Yany's just pushed him under the rim. It's the ability for Yanni's and the rest of the Bucks to get on the boards against the Brooklyn Nets. They just don't have the size to deal with the Bucks. The Bucks shot twenty more times. How do you win when you do that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I think I think the Brooklyn Nets, if they play anybody else other than Yannis, they probably win. It's just that this one issue with this one team, and that's the reason why they won the title. The Bucks repeated what they did against the Phoenix Suns in the NBA Finals. They got more shots than the Suns because not only are they able to grab offensive rebounds, but they don't lose defensive rebounds. They secure every defensive boards. They took twenty more shots, a little of that turnovers, mostly rebounds, And I think part of it is the Nets continuity from last year. Their bottom five in terms of returning minutes, which is kind of surprising when you think about it. Their big three is back, They've got you know, Blake gets back, LaMarcus Aldridge's back, but a lot of the guys who played a lot of minutes aren't. And their bottom five according to NBA dot com and John Schuman got to mention where I got that stat don't want John Schuman mad at me after Day one of the NBA season. So a lot of returning parts. And Nick Claxton is one of them. He was on the roster last year, but he didn't play. He was a starter yesterday. He started one game last year. And although he is a talented center taking the spot of DeAndre Jordan Marcus Aldrich, he's thin and he just wasn't getting after it on the boards. So they got pushed around. Frankly is what happened. The Nets have to figure out their rotations. They're big, so I don't know if Marcus Aldridge starts, I know he looks slow, but he's a bigger body. And if you're going to try and just go around the Marcus Aldrich, I think that may take away from what Ghanis does. So I'm not so worried about the Nets. I think they got pushed around. And even at the beginning of the game, I did predict the Nets were going to win this game. I thought it was coming true because Yanni's looked bad. He was clunking shots for a few star a few shots. He hadn't won a title before, having gone through a ring ceremony. I think that was part of it, some nerves. Then he calmed down and they slammed the Brooklyn Nets and they looked like the team that had played together for a long time. Jordan Wara, who everybody hitting shots for the Milwaukee Bucks yesterday, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was a big night for a guy's named Jordan witha there and then pull later on in the Warriors game. But yeah, Yannis with I thought it pretty pretty easy looking thirty two, fourteen and seven le but I won a good five minutes on Yanni at the free throw line. He's got the new routine, the one dribble, he sped it up and he shot seven to nine at the line. So have about it.
Speaker 7: Free throw master, practice of free throws kids. I mean, that's really really what it comes down to. But I think Yannis, what he did in Game six of the Finals last season has probably really given him that championship swaggering confidence to go, hey, I can hit free throws in the regulous season and opening not. I mean, I've done it in the biggest pressure of my career and I've knocked him down. So on opening night in front of my fans, Yeah, this is easy, and I think, you know, task kind of hit on it.
Speaker 4: They're really like the nets.
Speaker 7: As long as Kevin Durant's out there, there are a chance to beat anybody. But they've got the same problem they had last year. They just don't have a big who can stop Yannis. But what do you do?
Speaker 4: Do you get a big?
Speaker 7: They had DeAndre Jordan that just obviously didn't work out. He's no longer on the team there, so do you have a center or do you have sort of like an oversized forward or someone Because Yannas are just so versatile, and what I really liked about him last night was his decision making a couple of times, like when they would go down and there would be an extra body coming at him, he would fire it out to someone and they would most of the time knock down the shop. Pat Connorden hit four threes last night holiday before he went out hit a couple, Chris Middleton only hit one, felt like he hit a few more. Grace and Allen hit three. So the Bucks offense, to me, is just so intimidating for everybody else because Jannis just walks into the paint whenever he wants. If he's hitting these free throws, you can't foul him. He hit one three himself there last night, but everyone else is kind of like a threat if they played the way they did last night. So that's really got to be a concern for everybody else in the Eastern Conference. Very important. I think the fact that you know they got off to a good start. We knew the Nets were going to make a run thanks to Paddy Mills coming off the bench just absolutely lighting them up. But then again, you saw a team that wins a championship and I think you can just tell they were like, hey, we're better than these guys. We can go out there and really assert our dominance. And that's what they did, so a super impressive first up performance. And for the Nets, who knows, of course, they're missing one of their players who could come back and give their offense a bit of a pop, because what Paddy did last night was great. But I don't think they can rely on him hitting seven threes every single night.
Speaker 1: But they just don't think he's not going to miss the three all season.
Speaker 7: Look he might, he might, but you know, the Nets, for me, they've got to look at this. If I'm sure Mark's can go, We've got a problem in the middle here. We need to address that because LaMarcus didn't look good, Paul Millsap gave them nothing, and Blake you know, yeah, he's physical, but he simply isn't as athletic as he used to be. But this is not just the Nets problem. This is basically everyone in the league problem. How do you slow down Yannas?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trey, what'd you think of this Milwaukee team to get their rings here? I thought they pleaded with great tempo and they just they did appear loose. They did have that sort of championship swagger to them, starting with their leader and Giannis, and I think it trickled down to everybody else on the.
Speaker 4: Roster one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: Giannis said afterwards that he's happy, and he's not just happy that he's happy, he's happy that everybody else is happy. There's a lot of happy going around to Milwaukee. And you could one hundred percent tell, like you're saying, Skeets, they just look like a team that had just won a championship and is playing loose in free right now. They have the continuity that the Nets don't have. The Nets look like they're still in preseason. Like y'all have said, they're going to have to figure out all of their rotations. Give me some more Bruce Brown. He will help in the future. Surely Blake Griffin will be better than he.
Speaker 4: Was last night.
Speaker 8: But it was more so that the Bucks had more physicality, they had more intensity, and they had more chemistry. They look like a team that's been playing together for four seasons. I mean, I know Drew Holliday wasn't out there for a long time. Jordan Nwara was a big random piece of the game last night, But this is a core that's been together playing the same time style for a few seasons now, and you can see why teams that win the championship just continue to improve because they know what they're doing works, they know how to do what they want to do, and the margins just get bigger and bigger for a team like that, like Pat Connaton, the four threes was awesome.
Speaker 4: He was also making plays off the dribble.
Speaker 8: This is really impressive driving down the lane and throwing down dunks. So it looks like his game has grown a little bit. It looks like Noora's game has grown a little bit. The Bucks are still going to be adding players. They look like a team that said, hey, everybody thinks the Nets are the favorites. Here, we're the reigning champions and we brought basically everybody back.
Speaker 4: They proved their point last night. Super impressive from Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: And they have that to go on too. Everybody is disrespecting them, myself included. The talk out there is Nets Lakers or the field. There's so many polls out there not including the Bucks in the championship selection. Isn't that a little nuhing? So they have that disrespect going for them they do. I think they could look at that and they can use that as fuel and they can be happy. And sticking with that happy comment that Yanni said, as Trey said, he's happy about everything.
Speaker 2: I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Watching the League Pass broadcast, there was a nice happy moment where he hugged Jim Pashke, the play by play commentator forever for the Milwaukee Bucks. He retired this year, but he came back for the ring ceremony and he had a sweet, sweet hug and then the in game. The in arena promos by the Milwaukee Bucks are so good. That's why the Leap Pass feed. Especially if the team is good at those in arena promos, you gotta watch it, man, It's so much better than the commercials. I'm just plugging that. On day one here I saw a great hug from Yannis and Jim Pashk. Then I saw great promo. Jim Pashke was reading rap lyrics in front of like JD's background. Essentially, it wasn't that, it was more like a library Jim Paske reading lyrics. It was funny. They had a lot of face morphs with guys commenting on it like they've got good promos, way better than commercials. Just plugging that right now. Not an ad, but it was a good time.
Speaker 1: Definitely not an ad when you're saying this was better than commercials. The opposite of it that. I just thought it was a really impressive win because they went up huge, right they went on the twenty one to four I think it was run in the first quarter. They're up thirty one to twelve. You said it lead. You watched a million games. You know the Nets are coming back and Patty Mills did catch fire and couldn't miss. But even though the Nets got back in the game, Bucks push it back to nineteen. The second quarter, you know they're up, but seven out a half time, You're like, okay, this is still a game. You know, Nets haven't played all that well. But the lead never dropped below seven the rest of the way. And that was with the addition of Drew Holiday leaving this one with I guess what they're calling, right, heel contusion. That's that's tough to do in the NBA, especially against a good team. Yeah, they're missing Kyrie, but a good team in the Nets with Katie and Harden just to sort of like, you know, a little stiff farm there, like Dereck Henry, like just keeping them at bay. That's tough to do in this league. I don't care what game it is, Game one or Game eighty two. It usually gets a little closer than that. But that's that was awesome from the bucks A site.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was.
Speaker 4: Trying to figure out what you meant by Derek Henry.
Speaker 7: No, I'm guessing he's a football I would have said Derek kick at former Ozzi rules football player.
Speaker 1: He was very he was asked.
Speaker 7: But no. The thing is, again, like Kevin Durant can easily get that shot. You heard Iron Eagle on the broadcast. Basically, you know James Harden played okay, wasn't his best game there, but other than Patty, they didn't really have anyone else who was actually consistently hitting those shots for them. But Kevin Durant just gets into the middle of the lane there and he actually struggled to shoot his free throws last night. He missed a couple, which is very rare for him. Maybe it's the Wilson ball, even though it's the same leathers, just basically Wilson instead of Spaulding. It says on there. Anyway, The point is, you know Kevin Durant, he knows that there's the same sort of problem that the Nets have with Yannis. No one can really stop Kevin Drant, no one can even really challenge him. But it almost seemed like the workload for him last night was just a little bit too much because he wasn't really able to sort of get any flow going because if he wasn't scoring or Patty wasn't scoring, they just didn't have all that much else. But a good sign for a team like Milwaukee is to be able to, you know, withstand that surge that came and then really accelerate again. And that to me stands out and I think those things are really important, the continuity there with the Bucks because apart from Drew Holiday, as Trey said, there, you know, Milton has been there for a while and Budenholz are now in his fourth season. He's also not playing for or coaching for his contract or is his career right now. He knows there's a little bit more freedom then, a little bit more flexibility, and I think he just felt that with the way the Bucks played, the ball did move around and they got it felt like they got so many open shots. Everybody contributed, and a guy who they brought back, George hill I don't think he was fantastic at all in the playoffs, but I think as a veteran coming off the bench, another steady ball handler and he can also hit the three. So the Bucks look pretty deep right now. They've still got some players to come back too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Devin Chanzl, Bobby Portus, both of these guys don't play in the scheme. And those guys are you know, part of the rotation. For sure, They're getting minutes when they come back to Milwaukee. Yeah, they've got a lot of a lot of relief pitchers, I guess to give you another sports Yeah, exactly, they can eat up some innings. And we talked about this with the with the honest like his chances of MVP and whether the narrative is there and all that, and is he being overlooked tass, But it was mentioned like when he is out there, he goes full tilt, like he plays his ass off. We saw it there with the huge block on Claxton, like early in this game, you know, game one of the season. Just denying him obviously fills up the box score. But but he only plays what thirty one minutes in this and I think that's just going to continue to happen, especially in the regular season. Like that's the perfect case for Boonholzer in the box. It's like, build these leads enough, have a deep enough team that we just don't have to like rely on of course the honest to play like heavy, heavy minutes in the regular season. And I again, I mean, he might play a bunch of regular season games, but they'll sort of like just you can. You're almost like resting him in a little bit in a way by not having to go forty minutes with this guy, you know, every second night, and that adds up I think at some point when you get to the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Also, he's twenty six years old, which I think we also forget, like he just feels like an older player. He's been around forever. He's gone through so many sort of losses, like devastating losses in the playoffs. He's just entering his prime. And it's scary that, Yeah, there were a couple of clankers there, but he's got confidence in the jump shot and he looks better at the line getting rid of all those dumb dribbles and everybody counting to fifteen, I know they're at home. So that's gonna happen there. But that's the smarter I remember you talked about that Lee like, that's fine, do your whole little fake routine first, but when you get the ball, boom and shoot it, so they stop overthinking of it. Because he took forever last year.
Speaker 7: And look, he's a two time MVP Defensive Player of the Year. He just won a championship. And what did you do in the offseason? Worked harder at his game. He knows that that like, people are disrespecting him and the team. You know, shortened season. No, you got lucky in the playoffs. Okay, well, I'm going to go out this year and show that we are the best team and I am the best player. And I think that's what I admire and respect about him. The people are always going to try to pick a part his game and say, you know, he can't shoot. James Harden said, he's only you know, he's only good because he's tall and athletic. Okay, well, if he starts developing that shot and hitting those free throws, he is virtually a lock for the MVP. Because again, I think the Bucks will win those sixty odd games. But I'm not going to take Trey Young off the board until I've at least seen him in Actually, tre Young, I'm not going to give up until at least a month into the season. Then we'll get a bit of an idea. But yeah, yeah, I think that's the true sign of a legit star is do you get complacent? You know? Pat Riley talks about it the the disease of more once you win a championship, instead, your best player, your leader comes back and shows, hey, I've worked on my game, I've improved. That sets the tone for the rest of the team.
Speaker 1: I thought it was disease of me.
Speaker 7: I thought it was. Well, it's the same sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was because it rhymed better. But okay, maybe.
Speaker 3: He just never gets into that. He never gets into the disease of me or the disease of more. He just he sticks to the plan. He missed his first three shots last night, and his effort, obviously on the defensive end, gets him going. He's obviously a two way player. That's how they won the championship. With the monstrous block on the alleyupe attempt to DeAndre, and even if he is clunking a couple on the offensive, end, he gets his guys going because he never stops giving efforts. So even if it's thirty one minutes, Yeah, the guys you have to ride his back. I think that's how Drew Holliday found, you know, his way in the postseason, just watching Yanni's go and yeah, he is obviously an incredible leader and they're going to win so many games because Yanni's isn't going to take days off, games off, or minutes off when he's in there. And I think James Harden is the same kind of guy. Not defensively, but in terms of that. He plays a lot of games, He plays a lot of minutes, and that's something which you know, we probably don't think about with James Harden, but the guy's a workhorse. And his touch with Nick Laston as the one to the five, you know, James Harden playing the one trying to set up Nick Claxton, this this young guy who they're trying to push Kyle Korver as a developmental coach, trying to work with him on the shot. Their touch was off a lot and it was bad and James Arng just couldn't find the pass to him. And then when he found one, in the fourth he looked up to this guy and said, yes, I can pass the basketball, but I think that's something that's got to come slowly if Claxton's going to be that starting center. Yeah, it's back to Nash trying to figure out Claxton, Aldridge, Blake, Jeff Green is gone, DeAndre Jordan gone, Jared Allen was there at the beginning of the year. There's a lot of turnover there, especially with the Biggs. They're looking and there could sign somebody, or could trade for somebody to try and get in Yiannis's way. Again, that's their number one focus is figuring out how to stop that dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trey said it. It felt like an extension of preseason here with the experimentation, at least from the nets. When it came to the rotations, like the no Bruce Brown is it was odd. It was a little on definitely. I mean, like, you know you're getting killed out there. You know he's a hustle guy. Yeah, he's undersize, but why wouldn't you get some spot minutes. I was a little perplexed by that. So I assume we're going to see him here, Trey in the next couple of games.
Speaker 8: Well, you would assume so, But the Nets also brought in a lot of guys who played the same position as Bruce Brown. So maybe it's just the case of Steve Nash wants to see what a Paul Millsap can do, what LaMarcus Aldridge can do after taking a little bit of time off, he looks slow. Paul Millsap. I had to check the box score. Yeah, I guess he did play last night. But Bruce Brown will be a part of this team eventually because it's gonna make the most sense with Kevin Durant basically playing the five and Bruce Brown guarding the other big guy who's actually out there. That will be the eventual formulation for this team, I would have to imagine, just because they're going to be offensively based and playing small ball is what they do best. That's why Jeff Green was so solid for him last year. But you also don't need to reveal all of your cards early in the season.
Speaker 2: This is game one.
Speaker 8: The Nets probably won't end up with the number one seed this They probably don't even care about it. They just want to get their guys healthy, especially considering the way things went down for them in the playoffs last year.
Speaker 4: Did a quick google over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 4: Apparently pat Riley's phrase is disease of more?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, how Riley?
Speaker 4: Oh that has nine.
Speaker 8: Million Google results. Pat Riley disease of me has nineteen.
Speaker 4: Million, Yeah Google results. It's a real Berenstein Bears.
Speaker 7: Yeah situation right here, classic classic stuff before we.
Speaker 1: Get to the rings, because I want to show everybody here on YouTube if you didn't get a chance to catch these last night and all that they can do. We almost had a weggie. Well, in fact, we did have a weggie, but it came well after the whistle task. I know a lot of people on Twitter were very excited. People on Instagram. We'd love to see it every time there's a weggie tweet at us. Hit us up on ig and the comments wherever you want to get at us on social media at no dunk sync. But but but everybody was just a little too excited tasks, you know, I think was it and Wara had maybe stepped out of bounds. Whistles called, then he attacks and then it gets like blocked in there. It was a nice one, but we're not counting weggies that are well after the whistle. I just want to make that clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have loved a war a widget widget, a war a Wedgie called it a war widget. I would have loved a weggie from a new player. I can assure you Jordan Warre has never had a weggie. That would have been amazing. Jordan Wara with the Wilson Jet to start the season. Yeah it was. It was way after the whistle. It can't just be thrown in there.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it can't be Actually have some rules that will usually break.
Speaker 3: But yeah, there's the continuation rule that is very ambiguous. Who knows, but yeah, we play by that rule. If it's guy driving hacked throws it up and it's a weggie, sure count it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean Eagle didn't even mention it. So that's why I felt really confident, Like, of course he heard the whistle. He's out of balance. This play is well dead. But hey, be a good sign of things to come, you know, at least we at least see one lee on opening night, even Wigie. Yeah, a war of Wilson Wedgie say that three times fast. Throw widget in there if you want to. Okay, let's show everybody these rings because they are wild. Here they are for everybody joining us on YouTube. Bucks Championship rings three hundred and sixty diamonds on the top to represent the bucks total wins under current ownership. I thought that was really weird. It's a bit of a stretch. All the wins under this ownership. Let's get a diamond for each one. And then I guess we have sixteen emerald shaped diamonds on each side that are symbolizing their sixteen playoff wins last season and their sixteen division titles franchises. Oh my god, but but but that you know, normal. Look at NBA Championship ring. I would say for the most part, I think it looks beautiful there. It's what it can do tasks. That's a little wild. You can take off the top, and I would recommend you don't try and take off the top when you're holding a mic. You're on live television. Ready just dropped the top part because she had so many things in her hands.
Speaker 2: She played it off well though she rolled well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't mention that she dropped it. I guess that is playing it off cool. Uh, you can turn it into a necklace there. That's that top part. And then there's a bunch of stuff in the inside of a task and there's a QR code, and it's pretty wild. What do you think. Are you a fan of these?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the gen Z ring. It's not just a ring, it's a necklace. So it creates a whole new piece of jewelry. I would say, I'm not young anymore. I'm on the top end of a millennial, but I think gen zs like necklaces or pendants, whatever you call it, more than rinks.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 3: They want to throw it on a chain. You gotta chain. My only issue is okay, so creates a new piece of jewelry. You pop it off, you gotta have a necklace ready to go. It doesn't come with a necklace. If I'm a mistake that chain, I don't know. I don't know, but I love it because of that. I think it it increases, you know, your converse with somebody Holton. First of all, look what it does. Second of all, can you put this on me? It increases the touching, It increases your companionship with somebody. And third I think it it lengthens the chat. Because you said there's a QR code in there. Everybody wants to be on the phone, so you scan it. QR codes are so hot right now, and it shows a video of the Bucks Championship run as soon as you scan it, so it just creates. It's it's far more than a ring. It's a far more important piece of jewelry. It's a conversation starter and an extender. You know, it's not just it's not just a hey, here's my ring. It's it's way more than that. And no one gives a crap about rings anymore, is what I'm feeling from this. Uh, people people care more about necklaces, am I right? They want to show off some bling bling on the necklace rather than now, who's going to lose it as the issue because it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw a network tweeting that, like, who's going to be the first Bucks player to lose the bottom part of the ring? Lely, you got any guesses? Because that's that is one issue there. I love the Steff just turning it into the necklace. I think that's really cool into the pendant. But where you're putting that bottom part with QR.
Speaker 7: Cod I think Robin Lopez is going to steal it off Brook and then just pretend he didn't and just say you lost it. You lost it, so it doesn't really count. Whoever did design that as a big James Bond fan clearly because that looks like Q saying to James Bond, like, Okay, it's a ring, but then you can do all this funky stuff with it. It's not actually a ring. It can you know, blow up a building or something like that. It turns into a car, you can drive off, you can fly around, you can do all that stuff because you know James Bond's had a pen where you can activate it by just like doing the like that. So I think it's the same thing. In fact, the latest Bond movie, what's It, No Time to Die? I think that's out now as well. So good timing here.
Speaker 4: Maybe not an ab not an ad.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Trey? I mean, I know you like to wear a necklace. You wear wedding rings, but you like your necklaces more than rings. I think tasses, right, So what do you think of this idea?
Speaker 8: Well, I'll tell you a necklace breaks a lot easier than a ring. Despite what Stephanie Ready might have you believe. I broke my necklace recently. Still haven't got it. Fixed, but my ring is feeling fine. I'm a little disappointed they covered up cream City on the bottom part of the ring there, all it says is em City.
Speaker 4: Come on, I thought y'all were proud of your cool tiles there.
Speaker 1: But ah, yeah, I see you're saying.
Speaker 8: I mean, these are in literally incredible, Like that's a full size rap pendant that you're getting, but it's also a championship ring. I will say I'm a little worried about the QR codes. Gonna have to pay for those hosting fees until the end of time because I mean, you know these.
Speaker 4: Rings are gonna last. Are you gonna keep those highlights updated on the same website? Now? You got to?
Speaker 1: Is that why they blurred out the QR code here for these official photos from the Bucks so we wouldn't use too much bandwidth on their website out the highlights. I do have a question tasked. Do you know whether or not the QR code is specific for each player or is it just like you know, a Bucks championship run. That would be pretty damn Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you could show somebody, hey, you want to see my highlights if specifically I won the ship and these are my highlights.
Speaker 4: Sure, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I wasn't Stephan you ready for this question.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I think it's just a generic Bucks Championship runs. That's my thinking.
Speaker 4: But but what they I was trying to find a copy of it last night on Twitter, you know, like a zoomed in version to see what they actually got. They're really keeping it under wraps and under the top of the ring.
Speaker 3: But but what they did here is they created something that people will wear. The biggest problem with the rings is nobody wants to wear them all the time.
Speaker 1: They're obnoxiously large. Yeah, but people are, even for a giant guy that's an NBA player. We've seen them on these guys when we worked at NBA TV. Even they even Shack admits like this is sort of ridiculous, Like you can't really wear this.
Speaker 3: All the time, and they don't, but they'll wear a pendant all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I saw Horace Grant and can't cune Apple airing. He's like nineteen ninety two Championship ring. I'm just I'm just gonna throw it out there because Horace Grant stood out. I looked down and the first thing I noticed is like Wow, he's got his second championship ring on. I wonder why he's got that one on.
Speaker 1: Okay, but is it fair to say in the nineties there was a little more class to these rings. They were a little meeby a little more normal size than they are now because they just got larger and larger.
Speaker 7: Honestly, it looked huge still on his gigantic hands there, so you know there's only a few years ago. Still in good shape too, Horace.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: You sure it wasn't Hervey. I guess it wasn't. If he's wearing a ring, yeah exactly. I mean that's why he wears it so they don't confuse him. No, I'm horras not.
Speaker 7: I think he had some bulls gear on as well.
Speaker 1: So all right, he really wanted you to know.
Speaker 4: Okay, he was rebounding the whole time.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 4: I will say every ring in the history of rings is a convertible to a necklace. Though.
Speaker 8: By the way, yeah, well you gotta do. It's just it doesn't sit maybe his nice Yeah, I guess that's true. Shut out, my guy, frodo though.
Speaker 4: What do you what do you got?
Speaker 1: Tasks? What do you got?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, No, that's something.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, I am sure. I'll show you me wearing this. This is me wearing Channing Fry's ring a while back if you're watching on YouTube. Yeah, it's obviously like covers four of my It's like it's like a knuckle rat. It's way too big, but depended. That'd be nice, all.
Speaker 1: Right, next game here, that's enough on the rings. Curry and the Warriors stun Lebron and the Lakers one twenty one, one fourteen in the nightcap, second game of the TNT doubleheader. Tray get it started. What does it takeaways from this?
Speaker 8: Well, it's just one game, but the Warriors are going to the finals and Jordan Poole is gonna win finals.
Speaker 1: MVP.
Speaker 4: Yeah, buddy, great day for the hot takes. Last night, fun game out West.
Speaker 8: Lakers looked like they were doing all right through three quarters, built a nice lead, got it to double digits, but then they gave up thirty eight points in the fourth quarter. And it wasn't just Steph Curry lighting up the Lakers. There was a big time run key by Jordan Poole and the Manya b Elitza there in the fourth quarter. Three minutes in in the fourth quarter Jordan Poole had assisted or scored on twelve points during a fifteen to five run, and he just looked awesome, Like he looked like he is living up to all of the hype that he had in the preseason. You know, Steph Curry postgame, he said he had a trash game despite the fact that he had a twenty one point triple double. That's not good enough for him, but it was okay because he actually had somebody alongside him who could run the offense in Jordan Poole, who could get his own shots off the dribble, who could do some of stuff with the ball in his hands, and when he didn't have the ball in his hands, Namania Bilitza looked great. Looked like the second coming of David Lee out there attacking the gaps, moving the ball and making plays off the dribble as well, kind of serving a little bit in the Draymond role where you know it would be a four on three. Maybe Curry was getting trapped by the Lakers, Somebody's got to make a play. It ended up being Namanya b elitz or Jordan Poole. This is a great game for the Warriors. Depth wise, You know, because, like I said, Curry didn't shoot the ball incredibly well, he was still Curry out there drawing a ton of attention. But the Warriors got a lot of contributions from their role players, and when you compare it to what the Lakers did and how well they're big two played and the middling contributions they got from their role players, you could see the difference.
Speaker 4: Last night. Warriors looked like they had figured some things out and the Lakers looked like they'd got a long way to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lee rough game for Russell Westbrook. Nightmare start if you want to call it that, maybe one of his least effective games of his career. I don't even think that's a stretch to say. Eight five and four was his box score, four turnovers, four thirteen shooting, and zero free throw attempts. We thought this might take a while. Russ has done this before. We've seen it with Washington, we saw it with Houston. Slow starts and then he turns it on like a month or two in is do you see that happening here or is this going to be different? Because Westbrook really has to figure out how to play with Lebron James, who has to have the ball all the time and should and Westbrooks of course. Then after ball, what did you think of this first game?
Speaker 7: Well, that lineup at the end there was Baysmore, Bradley, Westbrook, Davis, and Lebron. And it's like, okay, if Lebron is going to play the point, then you may as well take Westbrook out and just put Mellow out there as a shooter because Westbrook is not a shooter. Other than that, give the ball to Westbrook and have Lebron as a shooter and have Westbrook try to create and go inside it. I just thought their offense looked really stagnant. They've got good games out of Lebron and Anthony Davis, both scoring more than thirty.
Speaker 1: Points, but that was it.
Speaker 7: They just didn't have anyone else who was able to really get any flow gone. They've got this, you know, supposed shooters out there, Baysmore and Mellow and those guys as I mentioned, and in fact, Avery Bradley, who they picked up off the scrap heap just before the game hit two three is late for them. So to me, it's like you can either say, Okay, Lebron, you're going to just sort of do what you want to do and take over, or you're going to have to like spread the floor out and put the shooters around him. That's when he's at his most effective because then he can take on his defender one on one. But if those other guys are out there aren't really there, then it sort of just bogs down their offense a little bit. So I think Frank Fogel's got something to work out. But you mentioned there the Russell Westbrook thing. It has taken him time to adjust and that I think we have to give him at least that credit that he will take some time here. I mean, he's already trending on Twitter with Buddy Hill. The Kings are already trying to look at that deal to spread the floor a little bit more there, But not a very convincing performance from the Lakers bench and their depth. Because as good as Lebron is and he can still put up those nights quite easily, I just don't think at this stage of his career you want him having to do all that. He hit some shots late, but he also felt to me a couple of times he came down and is like, there's just not really anything move I didn't think Anthony Davis was even moving all that well last night, despite the decent line that he put up. So Lakers have got some things to figure out here. But they're an experienced team of veteran team that have got some time. But certainly those early season concerns that I had showed themselves there last night. So we'll see what happens from here. Because if you can have Steph Curry go five twenty one, he did have that triple double, but he certainly didn't dominate at all. And you know, the Lakers, we're in control for most of this game, was just that sort of fourth quarter run where their offense fell apart task.
Speaker 1: What'd you think of this one?
Speaker 3: Well, it's telling that through three plus quarters, Avery Bradley, the guy that they didn't have for entire training camp, just comes in and plays in the fourth quarter because they were so desperate for a guy to play defense on the perimeter. Frank Vogel is a defensive minded coach, that's where he comes from from the Pacers, so he was desperate. And it's telling that we saw Lebron James four minutes left, he throws up a three and he's the only one to get back on defense, he gets hit with a two on one, a three buried in his eye and he slams the ball to the floor because no one's playing defense around him. And that's the biggest worry to me. Lebron and Ad go for thirty four and thirty three. Yes, Russell Westbrook, he has to get acclimated to these guys. But he also just plays badly to start the season. The last year he was bouncing the ball off his leg and out of bounds with the washing to Wizards to start the season. And he gets better, but it's the defensive end where Lebron is going to demand some things. That's gonna be the issue. If KCP ain't there and Alex Caruso isn't there, then that's that's really what it comes down to. It's it's they're going to figure it out on the on the offensive end, I think they'll score enough, but Frank Vogel's trying guys playing beside Russell Westbrook, Malik Monk just doesn't know where to go defensively. He was just lost out there, and so Avery Bradley comes in as the savior, as the guy. Yeah, the Warriors just cut to try and help out. So that's the biggest issue for the Lakers, is a little bit of defensive mindedness. And on the other side, maybe you can just relax and keep Clay out of the lineup if you've got Jordan Poole playing this way and and them and your be elites are coming in playing this way and Andre Goodala looking as young as he has in a couple of years. So that's good for for the the Golden State Warriors, because yeah, you're your m VP.
Speaker 2: Pick their skeets for Jordan Poole.
Speaker 3: M I P what was it?
Speaker 1: Well, well, no, I mean I wanted everybody to slow down on the preseason hype for Jordan Poole because I said it was getting out of control where people were saying he should be in the MVP conversation, let alone the MP, which hell, he might have the case at that. But then we did this weird little athletic TikTok video yesterday. You know, they reached out to us, Hey, can you guys do hot takes. I guess there's this TikTok challenge going around called like past the Phone, and you know I checked it out. I'm not on TikTok, but I checked it out, and I'm like, oh, and from what I could tell, I thought I was supposed to come up with a really dumb, out there hot take that then would be attached randomly to somebody else within this fun little thing the athletic was doing. So mine that I sent in was Jordan Poole is going to win finals MVP.
Speaker 2: Good pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking like a genius. Now you nearly outscored Curry. You're right, but it was attached to me. I forget who threw it to me. Zach Harper was like, I'm going to pass the phone to Jay Skeets, who thinks Jordan Poole's gonna win finals MVP. I'm like, no, I don't. I wanted you to think that looked like the fool. But yeah, maybe after one game, maybe it's working out for me, Trey.
Speaker 8: I think it's looking great right now, at the very least, if you're talking about the MVP conversation after one night, it's Yiannis number one, and I think it's gotta be Jordan's little number two.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the table, buddy.
Speaker 1: He's got crazy confidence.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he thinks he is.
Speaker 4: Curry and Clay I mean, he had some brutal misses. Somebody like had a twelve footer backed it out for three air ball that had him pull up from the right wing probably thirty feet out. All glass didn't stop him from shooting though, I swear to god it had the rare airball that like went over the rim and like somehow dropped that. It was not good once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know then you hit four, Lee, what do you think of it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I lot Reggie Miller's cool on that because he hit a three just before that, and then he clunked that one on and just went no.
Speaker 1: But you know, he's got a little playmaking to him, like he's he's got some similarities of course to a Clay, but he does a lot of different things too. I mean, you know, Clay's never a concern off the dribble by any means he's an attacker.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we should put a quick poll up who was the better Jordan last night? Wara was pretty good. Certainly wasn't DeAndre anyway?
Speaker 2: Dere Why is DeAndre Jordan starting?
Speaker 3: We all thought Anthony Davis, Yeah, because Looney was I don't know, Anthony Davis can't guard Kevon Looney No, here's here's the rest man.
Speaker 4: I think that's what it is. Here's grey. Jordan is just he's friendly, like you don't want to sit him on the bench.
Speaker 1: It's just like the Nets. It's these coaches in Game one especially, it's like, yah, play the old guys, play the vets. They deserve it. They put in the years. Start up happens.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: That's why you're getting more millsap in Aldridge and Blake. Then you're getting Bruce Brown, I think with the Brooklyn Nets, and I think that's why DeAndre Jordan is sort of starting. He's he's he's buddies with the guys there, and he's the older guy and he's got a ring from the Olympics and all that stuff, so ring he's gonna the other.
Speaker 7: The other thing that's right now is that red flag emoji. Yeah, you could just put that for DeAndre Jordan. Red flags everywhere because I mean, you know, but seriously, because the Nets right desperately need some sort of interior veteran presence, and DeAndre Jordan they had him and they're like just get out of here. So there should have been those red flags every Lakers that sometimes to go former defensive player of former star, formerle NBA first team But at points you're just like, you know what, he's just done. And I think that's the case with DeAndre Jordan right now. He just doesn't seem to look like he just doesn't seem to have any real energy out there. He's just kind of like, I'm just out here because they've got no one else apart from d White.
Speaker 3: Well, it's different. If you're signing him as a minimum player like the Lakers are than what the Nets did for ten milli a year, then that's desperately needed some financial room. That sort of made sense. But if DeAndre Jordan is in the Lakers locker room like he's the third string center, given high fives, like like Lebron has always wanted in his career, you know with the Cavs, he said, Kendrick Perkins, get in here, not because you're playing man, but because we want you to be a Dante Jones. We want you to high five everybody, you know, be that great locker room presence. But to get him starting after Anthony Davis said he was going to be the starting center, maybe maybe it's this start of the year to have the Vets out there. But it just screams to me what every team has done with Anthony Davis. It's play a guy beside him at the five, keep him fresh for fourth quarter minutes. And that's fine.
Speaker 7: But it's.
Speaker 4: It's not it's not great.
Speaker 3: You know, Anthony Davis is he's so good, he can play both positions. I think it's just keeping him fresh. And you have Dwight Howard on the bench too, So I don't know when Anthony Davis is going to start at center. I thought Dwyight was in mid season.
Speaker 7: For him though, with his fail that he got, I think it was he just whacked him, and dwy he's just looking around, like what what?
Speaker 4: What wants?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: I actually loving leaning into this his career, he just was a gill of ship. Now he just hacks guys left and right.
Speaker 8: I'll say, I thought screens were a problem when he played forty minutes a game, but now that he only plays like twenty five minutes, He's like, who cares?
Speaker 7: I've got in both games. The refereeing was good last night. That there was a lot more contact aloud, and that I think is really really important. But I just thought Dwight, like it seems to not understand that you can't just swing your arms around. You just can't do that Dwight and clop a guy in the head.
Speaker 1: But yeah, wow, back, I do have a question, Lee, uh for you. I don't know if you saw the quotes from Lebron. He's not too worried about Westbrook's poor debut. He said, quote, he's so hard on himself. I told him, don't be so hard on yourself. It's one game. He's sounded like Bob Duka there Lebron is. But he also said, hold them to go home and watch a comedy. Lee, What comedy are you suggesting Westbrook watch after that rough game one? What are you telling him to watch? The chirrup?
Speaker 7: There's a classic classic movie from the eighties. Yeah, Val Kilmer stars in it called Top Secret, and it's by the same guys who did Hot Shots and The Naked Gun. I think it is the Zuckers, is it? I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Anyway, absolute classic, Probably the first comedy where I was just like on the ground rolling in laughter. It's hilarious and yeah, I think Russ.
Speaker 1: Would enjoy that. I think I really think top Secret, top Secret. Check it out.
Speaker 7: Val Kilmer is the star and it's probably his first like feature film. He plays this American singer called Nick Rivers and he goes to Russia to Germany to play back in the old time. So it's it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Check it out.
Speaker 7: But I will say Russ pretty pretty intense there. He got the tea there last night, and he didn't look like he was enjoying himself on the bench, and understandably so, but yeah, yeah, it was it was a bit of a rough knife for him there. But yeah, I again, Anthony Davis, the numbers tell you that he had a good game. I didn't think he was all that impressive last night. I didn't think he really flexed his muscles as he should have.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I thought he was awesome in the first half.
Speaker 8: It looked like in the first half he was trying to get layups and dunks the entire time. And then the second half, you know, the Warriors kind of made it a point to have ad not be as readily available in the paint. Inn he wasn't in the paint nearly as much, so you know, shout out to the Warriors for taking that away. But that's also going to be a problem for the Lakers. If they have a center out there outside of Davis alongside Westbrook, there's gonna be people just waiting in the lane, and Davis needs to be in the lane. That's the secret to the to the Lakers. They get shots at the rim between Lebron and Ad They're gonna have a chance as long as those two guys are out there.
Speaker 4: But they got to find a way to get easy buckets for him.
Speaker 1: I have one more note from this game. I don't know if you guys have any anything else, but Reggie Miller on the call for this second game, he said something that like made me perk up a little bit, and I was like, huh really. It was when Mello and Rondo were checking in, and he said something along the lines of like, you know how nice it must be for Vogel to have two future Hall of famers checking in here. Mello Okay, yeah, Locke put him in the Hall of Fame. You know what, He's top ten already in scoring. That makes sense. I'm there is Rondo an automatic Hall of Fame player in your mind? Like like Reggie was alluding to, I was like, I don't know if I guess what I'm saying. Is If Rondo is a lock for the Hall of Fame, then our debate about whether Kyle Lowry was eventually going to get in means he's in. And I'm just like not so sure of either of them tasks. Is Rondo in your opinion? You know, when he's done? Is he in the right way? Two rings? Four All Star selections, one All NBA, a couple All Defensive team? Is that enough in your mind?
Speaker 3: It's not enough in my mind? No, a lot, right, Yeah, it's you know, you got a factor in the player and everything alongside the the accomplishments, and so yeah, it's it's definitely one of those if you just look at the accomplishments, it lines up with other guys, there's no doubt. So that's why he can be inserted into the debate. But for me, I would say no. I would say no. But yeah, boosted obviously by what he did with the Celtics. So you know, if really you're putting in Rondo, you're putting in four. You got four Celtics there that are going in there based on that championship to some degree. I mean Ray was going to get in kgusing again, Okay, it's not based on that championship. Pierce is going to get any but Rondo's strictly. It's strictly because of what he did with those guys. Essentially, you know, the second ring with the Lakers is it's gravy. But the All Star appearances and the the championship, Yeah, it's just he was He was there. He was great. He was very good for that team with guys that could hit, but everything that came along with it, guys who you know, really couldn't stand him with the Dallas Mavericks, you know, he essentially left the team. He went to the Kings, and it's hard. It's it's hard for me to put him in after watching all that stuff, after watching him not be a great teammate with a bunch of teams. Is where I struggle, because the accomplishments again they line up.
Speaker 1: We know Lee's opinion on this. I won't even ask him, but that's a poll. I want to know what people think overall, is run to a lock for the Hall of Fame. I think it might be closer than I even think. We will see, all right, we got lots still to get here. Oh my goodness, we're running real along here with our first show. But first a quick break to hear from our sponsors. All right, back with no dunks here, Lee, lock it in. We're going ninety minutes here for our first real official show of the twenty twenty two NBA season, because we got lots more still to talk about. We just did fifty plus minutes there on the games alone. All right, let's start speaking up as we go on here. But my goodness, Ben Simmons has received a one game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team, and he will miss the season opener against the Pelicans tonight. According to reports, Ben Simmons was kicked out of practice on Tuesday due to a lack of engagement. Sixers head coach Doc Rivers asked Simmons to join a defensive drill at practice, and the point guard refused. The actual quote going around is no, So Doc said, get the hell out of here, then drop the ball, and off he went. The seventy six Ers have suspended Ben Simmons. Herely, I guess the question is, I know you're probably tired of talking about this, but where.
Speaker 2: Do we go now?
Speaker 1: And is trading Simmons the only possible option? I mean it, can they salvage this. Can he actually come and play for this team, or he's like is it just send him home, have them away from the team because he's causing this disruption and just try and treat them get whatever you can.
Speaker 7: What do you think, well, if he wants to get traded, I don't think he's handling this the right way at all, because nobody's going to sympathize with petulant behavior. And to me, all he's doing is making his situation way tougher for himself, because I think this is going to give other teams reason to sort of hesitate a little bit, saying like, Okay, I understand he's pissed off at the franchise, but he's now just acting like a child. I think the best thing Ben Simmons should do right now is say, you know what, I'm going to go out there and Russell Westbrook my way out of Philadelphia. And by that, I mean just go out there and stuff the stat sheet every single night, regardless of winning or losing, because if they win, he can say, look how good I am. I'm putting up nearly triple double figures and we're not winning, and if they lose, he's still putting up those near triple double numbs thing to say, see, it's not my fault.
Speaker 1: I'm doing my part.
Speaker 7: No one else is contributing. So whether you want to blame him or the franchise, and there's enough of both there him behaving like this and just saying no, I'm not doing that, I'm not doing this. I just think it makes him look like a dick. And if you're another team him and you're like going, this guy just really can't sort of get himself back on track here and say I'm gonna play my way out of Philadelphia, so that teams really really start falling over themselves to trade for him. I think that's the biggest problem. I've mentioned this before. I think teams are more like going, we'll take him on the cheap, but we're not giving up like a significant player or a huge draft compensation to get hold of him right now, because I just think he comes with a huge risk, and if he's going to keep behaving like this, I think Doc Rivers is right to say just okay, just go home. Then, I mean, you're only making your own situation worse here. So it's a stupid, ugly, dumb whole thing. I thought when the suspension first came out, I thought it was more just like this is for the whole summer of you know the way.
Speaker 4: I thought a lifetime achievement. That's exactly that's.
Speaker 1: What I thought.
Speaker 7: Maybe he's not quite ready to go there same we're just going to suspend you. We're actually just doing this because we've got to show the other players that you can't behave like that. And then it all came out and he was just like, I'm not trying, I'm not playing, I'm not going to do defense and do that. Well, if you're not go to do anything like that, And then Doc Rivers, I think was one hundred percent right to say fuck off, then just go don't even boy the turning up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but wasn't it foolish for the Sixers to think that he wouldn't be a distraction by really sort of forcing him to come back.
Speaker 7: Listen, you're a professional. Okay, you're a professional getting paid one hundred and fifty million dollars. Still they owe you, like you can put these things behind. This is not the first time a franchise and a star player has fallen out and not been not a go on. Remember when Jimmy Butler. The report was he came back and said, come here, third stringers, I'm going to go and kick the ass of the first stringers. Well, that, in some way, I think appeal to some teams, you know, like Philadelphia and like Miami, whether like we just want to ball, we want to go. Who's going to go at that and play his way out? Not a guy who's just going to be like, I'm not doing anything.
Speaker 1: He's killed exactly.
Speaker 7: I still expect a quality team to come in with a big offer and have me plunk straight into their team, starting straight away on a championship contender.
Speaker 4: And I'll say this.
Speaker 7: One last time before I move on. You've got to look around that locker room and say, Joel embiid runner up MVP last season, You're on a team with a roster that's basically been built to cover up your offensive deficiency and deficiencies. You want to just walk away from that to go to a team where it's like we're gonna have to start all over again and maybe not even make the playoffs. Be careful what you wish for here, Benny, because you might just get it. And I really think that's got deadly horrible, horrible advice around him. He's inner circle. Someone is giving him terrible advice. I think someone needs. I think you need to go and say listen, you just you're you're if you're Rich Paul right now as well, I'm saying listen, rich Rich is going I'm not getting paid either, by the way, and you're making things worse for everybody. Just get out there and show them that you are so good that this team can't win without you. Like Jimmy Butler said, you motherfuckers can't win without.
Speaker 1: Well say that instead.
Speaker 7: It's like, oh my god, this is a terrible situation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but isn't it next level thinking to really really stink it up so that the team that trades for you doesn't have to trade a lot air you go to a better team. The worse he plays, the lower the package gets. But I mean, the seventy six ers absolutely have to trade him because skeets. When I saw the document, the document today for what we're going to be talking about, I saw that Ben Simmons was suspended after he spat in practice, and I didn't blink at all. I was like, oh, Ben Simmons spat doc rivers, No that's not what happened, but it seems believable at this point, like any sort of drama between the Sixers and Ben Simmons, Like I will believe it.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 8: And I mean, this is not an ad but kind of an ad. Shout out to the Athletics social media department. Subscribe at the Athletic dot com slash no dunks and subscribe to their Twitter feeds because they put up some hilarious graphics yesterday, like this recreation of what actually went down in practice not spitting doc rivers, Ben, get in and take the spot. No, all right, go home, or this quote board that they made a little bit later, which I do believe.
Speaker 4: Is going to become a useful meme around the NBA twitter sphere.
Speaker 8: Just a straight up no from Ben Simmons's.
Speaker 7: Me about the new not today. I don't think so you know that old guy?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah, Like unsolved mystery?
Speaker 7: Is that what it is?
Speaker 8: Yet?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Do I know what you're talking about?
Speaker 7: Lee?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tasks. I don't know. If you saw Sham's article at The Athletic, he had some more details on what went down. I guess Ben Simmons has been entering the facility and just ignores most of the seventy six staffers. And also this is a quote from Shams. Each day Simmons trains by himself on his own side of the basketball court, shooting jumpers and free throws with rebounders, so he gets a sweat, just as if he's like just going one on one in the gym, even though it's a team practice going on. But anything to add to this to I mean, what is the move? What's the move from the Sixers here now? Because in Sham's article they say he says they're not trading them for nothing, so they're going to wait until teams start the season. Uh, oh they disappoint, Oh there's a big injury to some team that want to make the playoffs or something, and then they're a little more desperate to maybe call the Sixers and make a move for Ben Simmons, and that they're just gonna wait until a month or so in here, possibly maybe even the deadline for all we know. So what do you do? Do you try and have them around the team, you continue to do this Sharat or Chara, excuse me? Or do you just send them home?
Speaker 3: Well, the first thing you do is keep things internal. The fact that everything is getting out to Sham's and to everyone else is horrendous because one great line, this is funny, but it's unfunny. But it's funny from Sham's articles, it's not funny for the Sixers quote on Sunday and Monday, he completed less than a handful of total defensive drills at practice. Nothing more, nothing less.
Speaker 2: Less than a handful. How dare he?
Speaker 3: If he completed a full handful, he'd be cool, but less than a handful. I think why it's hilarious that everything is coming out is that to me, it reminds me of Anthony Davis in twenty nineteen. There was a lot of cringeworthy moments before he got traded from the Pelicans. Adam Silver had to step in and say, this guy's got a play. You can't just sit him out because he doesn't want to play. So they were sitting him out again. Commissioner comes in and then he played, and he was playing twenty minutes a game. And if you thought he wasn't going after it last night, go back to that tape in twenty nineteen. It was a month of him half asking it during games and sitting out a lot of them. Actually, he'd play a few games twenty minutes per a superstar. They were just putting him out there because they had to. They he'd sit a game, they'd put him out. So this was a month full of cringeworthy moments, But there wasn't all this practice reporting and all that happening. Now, if Ben Simmons had come there and half asked it in practice and we weren't hearing about it, then it would be far more palatable to us. We wouldn't be up in arms over this whole thing. It would just be waiting until Ben Simmons was traded. But at this point it's cringe worthy reading about it, and I think somebody is still going to give up a good package for him because he's twenty five. He's not Anthony Davis level type superstar. But you know Anthony Davis in the package that he got, or the Lakers were able to or I'm sorry, the Pelicans were able to attain with a monster package there of Ingram and Ball and Hart and picks. Yeah, that's not what the Sixers are going to get. But at the same time, Simmons is twenty five and I think they still will get a good package, and I think the advice is keep it in how Bence Simmons will play in the games. He'll play it at least as hard as Anthony Davis did. I don't think you could play less hard than Anthony Davis did for our role fricking month, and the Lakers were still willing to give up.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem with that, though. The Pelicans were not trying to win a championship and had you know, no, no one was picking them to go that far in a Western conference. The Sixers with Embiid playing at an MVP level with a good team around him, and obviously you know, a somewhat new coach in Doc Rivers there being in the second year, like they have plans to challenge for a championship. So it's that situation is different. It's like, who really cares when you were in New Orleans back there in twenty nineteen. But this is my this is what I get to like, you got to send this home, you got to get this out of here, Like this is ridiculous. This will have an impact on the rest of the team. How can it not? So if he's going to continue to do this and sulk and be a baby about it. Then you know, get up then, don't be the babysitter like Dwell and Bizza and just say go home. Man, we don't want you here. We'll try and trade you, we'll keep kicking calls everybody, Like, Also, what's Ben Simmons going to show us in these next couple of games where we're gonna be like, oh wow, oh he's really gotten better, Like he's we know what type of player he is, we know his limitations and that, and a team knows that. Every team knows that in the league. And he's not helping his case here by being this little pet little child with the whole thing. But I don't think the Sixers are helping themselves either here with trying to like force him to be around when he doesn't want to be there. But I think that's he's under contract, You're right, I mean, so they can say, well, you know, we want.
Speaker 7: You know, the old saying winning souls everything. You know, they want him out there because he can be a good player and affect their winning. And if they start winning, then all of a sudden, maybe the mood start to improve, but also his value improves and I think that's the big difference here with Anthony Davis. He was frustrated that he wasn't being able to be surrounded by talent that could take the Pelicans far into the playoffs. Well, the Sixers should have made the Eastern Conference Finals last season. We were down there for Game three. Simmons was awesome in that game. He didn't have a huge stat line, but it looked like the Sixers were going to get past the old Hawks in there, the old douchebag sweep. But it didn't happen. So, you know, this is the big difference to Anthony Davis. After what seven years in New Orleans. I think he made the playoffs once and he was like, I just don't think this team is being built to contend.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: Simmons is on a contender. He's got the talent. He's been there, they've given him the contract, they've done everything they can to try to get him close. So yeah, you know, and I understand again. You know, he got pissed off that he felt that Rivers and embiid threw him under the bus. Okay, move on, though you didn't put you didn't perform in the fourth quarters, you haven't done that at all. In your career so far, in terms of shooting the ball, you haven't shown that development and improvement. So some blame on them, but you've also got to look at yourself in the mirror and say I need to be better, and he said he was going to be. Let's say it out on the court.
Speaker 1: I guess this is where I disagree with Aj Santiago here in the stream team they want Ben Simmons to play to remind teams of his value. My point is they don't need to. I really don't think they need to. I think all Darryl Moury is hoping and waiting for is the start of the season when everybody's oh and oh, and everybody has plans to make the playoffs, and then shit goes wrong for teams and suddenly they start to panic and say, uh, oh, okay, let's go get Ben Simmons, let's shake things up. Let's get more start you know, talent in here and maybe make a run for it and build for the future with a young guy that's under contract. That's the other part, that's the other difference from Anthony Davis. Actually the situation two that he's locked up for so long so I just don't think they need to do that. And if he's gonna sulk like this, I think it's more of a detriment than just not having him out there personally well and just waiting for teams to start like garbage. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 8: It's such a huge bet for the seventy six ers too, that like, not only do they have to hope that things go poorly for other teams, they have to go worse for other teams than they are for the Sixers right now. And that's like, are you sure that that's gonna happen? Like we're seeing what's happening with Ben Simmons here. They're gonna be asked about what's going on with Ben Simmons all the time until he's either traded or takes the court, And it definitely doesn't feel like he's gonna take the court. But task I got bad news. It feels like we're never gonna get away from leaks of the Ben Simmons situation, cause video of Doc asking Ben to go on to the court actually just came out and we attend it. He said, you got to work throws. He's trying guys, he's out here getting those shots up. He can't go in and play defense.
Speaker 1: He's already good at that.
Speaker 2: Are a faucet, everything can All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's move on from Ben here. In other NBA drama, high powered agent who represents the Kings forward Marvin Bagley blasted the team on Twitter yesterday. All right, buckle up for this one. Didn't want to do a Twitter thread, just wanted to do an image with all the words on it. Okay, it reads Sacramento has informed Marvin Bagley he is not in the opening night rotation, which is completely baffling. This is Jeff Schwartz, Begley's agent, and he said this in a statement. It's clear they have no plans for him in the future, and yet passed on potential deals at last year's deadline and this summer based on value. Instead, they chose to bring them back but not play them, a move completely contradictory to their value argument. This is a case study in miss management by the King's organization. Yeah, you know, I just I thought that was going up while I was reading it, But there it is. I won't read it again for everybody on YouTube. I think is taking a shit somewhere I saw it. He was suddenly gone. But anyway, Marvin Bagley's agent blasting the Kings after he's gonna be left out of the rotation. Does Bagley's agent have a point here, Tray, what's what's your take?
Speaker 4: Well, his agent does have a point.
Speaker 8: Marvin Bagley's tenure on the Sacramento Kings is going to be a long chapter in the long history of mismanagement by the King's franchise. But honestly, it starts on draft night when they had an international Hall of Famer as their GM and an international once in the generation talent ready to.
Speaker 4: Be drafted right there. And I do think that this is part of it.
Speaker 8: Like the Luca and Trey success, it puts a weird light on guys like DeAndre Ayton and Marvin Bagley, Like maybe it feels weird to these teams, the Kings and the Sons, to want to give a MAX extension to a not MAX player like those guys are that they could have had. Nonetheless, it is very strange. Marvin Bagley has played three thousand minutes in his NBA career. That's like one season for the top players out there, So yeah, he should get more minutes. A lot of it was he only played a few, you know, a handful of games his second season, didn't get a ton of minutes. But he's not doing things to earn more minutes. He's not a defensive presence out there, and the King's defense is the league's worst, and his offense on the other end of the court isn't good enough to make you want to play him extra minutes there as you're four or you're five, So he's kind of caught in a weird spot. It's like, if you're seven feet tall and a plus athlete, which Marvin Bagley is, you shouldn't shoot fifty percent. If you're shooting every single shot inside eight feet, you should probably shoot sixty percent. You should have some sort of physical presence at the rim or out on the perimeter defending. But he's just kind of drift through games. So yeah, maybe the King should give him more minutes, but also Marvin Bagley should earn more minutes. That being said, I love an angry agent email coming through like this. The last one I can remember was Matist Thibel's agents getting very mad that the assistant coaches left him off the.
Speaker 4: Rookie sophomore game. This is similar to that.
Speaker 8: But you never want to hear that number two draft pick is out of the rotation before the season even starts.
Speaker 4: What a bad start to the King season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tess, what do you think about Jeff Schwartz here? And is the way he's handling this by just putting the kings on full blasts and you could have traded him, but you wanted value. And now you're not even go to play him in the rotation. What's going on? Make up your mind? I think is what he's.
Speaker 3: Saying right, And I agree from a practical standpoint, How the heck is Marvin Bagley not playing in this rotation? Who is playing over him? I get that he is not a defensive presence. They were by far the thirtieth best defense in the league last year. Did a problem for him and getting minutes. But at the same time, this is his contract year. He is going to play as best as he has ever played. And last year he was decent enough to come off the bench. And I go back to the rotation, who's taking his minutes even as a bench player. I don't know their bigs are Alex Len, Damian Jones, Rashaun Holmes starting Chimezi Metu. Tristan Thompson is there. You know, he's way past his prime, and those are the bigs more heartless.
Speaker 2: I guess could be taking his minutes.
Speaker 3: That it's totally I get it from a Bractale's standpoint. Jess Swartz is right mismanagement. I think Marvin Bagley should be playing and seeing if he could add something defensively to his game. Again, because this is this is Bagley's career right here. Of course he's going to play past this season, but this is a contract year for him. I don't think Josh Schwartz expected him to be a MAX guy by any means. They didn't extend him. But Josh Schwartz expects some minutes. But is this the right way to go about it. I don't think so. I mean, maybe he's been wrong timing time again and again and again.
Speaker 2: I guess by the.
Speaker 3: Kings front office, we've had Marvin Bagley this second, Marvin Bagley's dad speak out about Marvin Bagley's minutes before.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't seem right to me.
Speaker 3: It feels like even the Matisse s Thaibel incident that Trey brought up, that was a tweet and that wasn't a formal letter written by an agent. It seems like bad form to me. I mean, that's just it's not my game. I don't really understand it. I don't really get it. I can understand him being pissed, but I would expect a one to one conversation with Luke Walton or whoever to try and get him in the rotation or trying to understand it would be more important. But maybe he's past that point. I don't get I don't know why he's not playing really when it comes down to it, even if he's not a good defensive player, even if he struggles on that end.
Speaker 1: Lay anything to add here to the Bagman situation.
Speaker 7: Actually, no, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: No year, he's not I know, I still have I still have faith in Marvin Bagley gonna be a decent enough player in this league.
Speaker 2: Uh, he must have.
Speaker 1: Like Jeff Schwartz, his agent was told from the Kings he's not playing right. Otherwise you don't send this, uh you know, pretty scathing tweet here, or at least a photo of all the words that you want to say in your tweet that you don't want to do a thread with Lee. So he's been told like we're going small. We got the bigs that we like, I guess Holmes and Tristan Thompson and Mitto. Like he said, it's like it's a little weird. Uh, seems a strange way to go about maybe trying to build the value of a guy like Trey said that barely has ever played. But you got nothing to add Lelely, you think he's just what eventually will be moved here.
Speaker 7: He must be, Yeah, yeah, he has to be. But the Kings, I remember, took the safe option. Don't try, don't drop Luca just in case it doesn't work out. Take bag. He's a sure bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Rough, Look, I think I definitely think a new situation. You coach all those sort of cliche things. Get him into the right system, and I think he can be effective play because he can stretch the floor. Is a big guy, but it's just not there in Sacramento. So the quicker he gets out of there, the better for him.
Speaker 1: Smooth move by Jeff Schwartz, though, to not demand a trade like he did. Stop short there.
Speaker 7: So tell me you're demanding a trade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he may not get fired. I don't know we'll still get fired for that. I don't think he doesn't see me. He's just like, why aren't you playing me? And why didn't you trade me? If you're not going to play me? We'll see final little thing here. We still have tweet of the night and we got pick them and all that. The first twenty five members of the NBA's seventy fifth anniversary team have officially been revealed. I am not going to read all twenty five names. If you're on YouTube, you're seeing them here in a very very slick graphic from the NBA and NBA dot Com the day one reveal twenty five names there. I just have some thoughts on how they're going about rolling this out. I find it very weird. So we got twenty five last night. There's gonna be twenty five more this afternoon on ESPN at three o'clock, I believe on Melika Andrews New Show If I'm a Guessing Man, and then twenty five more on Thursday night before the doubleheader on TNT. But even last night Tasks, they're listing five names at a time over the length of the ninety minute broadcast. It was so weird. It was like here's a graphic with five names on it. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason of the names, like the order that we're getting these from what I could tell, you know, it's not alphabetical. It's not like broken into different eras. It's not by night, it's not by jersey numbers. It's like just they just are like, here you go, here's five.
Speaker 4: Gonna hit you with a Hal Grier right off the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, out of their face right number one. He's the goat. I just don't get how they're going about this. The only thing I can think of is that T and T and ESPN were like fighting over who was going to get to announce these and then they were like, well drop both got to get a part of it. Yeah, And so they came up with this because the last thing we need on opening night of the NBA season is this.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I get it's the seventy fifth season. I get that ties in nicely, but like, to me, this screams lee like a ninety minute special where we can actually like show some love to some of these guys. That was the other thing. They're photos there, you know, no video of any of these guys. No like accolades, like you know x amount of All Star selections and all this, like that's all on their website and that's fine and Danny, but like, come on, like we're trying to celebrate the game here to especially maybe a younger audience, and it was like it was like a who cares. It was sort of it's really weird to me how they went about this. I was a little disappointed, if I'm being honest.
Speaker 7: Actually think they watch our show and thought, you know, what's one of the best segments they do, Hey, what about this guy? I think that's the sort of a hart, you know, because they didn't want to name you know, this is the number one, this is number ten or whatever, and so instead it was like, let's just name some guys and they're all top seventy five, and it actually is like then people can't say, oh, you should have been higher, you should have been lower.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's fine, but like, mai name them all at once, or at least named the first twenty five once. If you watch the broadcast, I swear to got it was like, here's five guys, and then you know, Chuck and Ernie in the gang are talking about something else and then hey, back from cords will break. Here's another five guys, and like then we went to the Bucks ceremony, which took like thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at Nora like she's like, how many have they named? I'm like, I think there's ten to go. And it was like five minutes left on the podcast, like they just snuck.
Speaker 3: Them in there.
Speaker 1: I just feels it feels so lame to me, this the rollout, the decision to do this this way. In fact, I would almost prefer they just saved it to All Star week.
Speaker 3: See, aren't they gonna have guys come out on All Star Weekend?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so, but maybe try and kept it a surprise and do it that way, Like this is this is weird, And I know, I guess by the end of Thursday night, maybe on Friday morning we're debating, like, oh, can you believe so and so is left off the list and that's when the debates kick off. But yeah, I just thought it was I think it's disrespectful in a weird way that they get no shine, they get no like to again someone that doesn't know how greer, Well, why don't you tell us about them a little bit? Like a tiny, tiny bit.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if this is accurate information, but I'll give you something about how Greer from the stream team perfect timing for how grew.
Speaker 2: They just unveiled his statue at Marshall University.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that nugget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks mint Prozac. Well, I'll say a few things.
Speaker 3: I guess they believe All Star Weekend is their celebration of the seventy five names. So maybe they're just waiting until the Okay, so yes, and maybe maybe you'll see you know exactly what you said, celebrating the game, celebrating these guys will understand them a little bit more. But I am surprised that they're doing this this way, that they're waiting three days. Are you listening, Jeremy Levin? Are you listening? Why they're waiting three days to make this happen? Because they lean into not the rankings. I agree that they shouldn't be ranking them, but they lean into the debate the NBA. I think is okay with unveiling the seventy five names and having the debates happen. You don't listen the alphabetically, as you said, and then let the debates roll. But over doing it over three days. The other the debates are absolutely eliminated. They're gone, So it doesn't really make sense why you would, Yeah, take the steam out of it, as you're saying, Skeets, I agree that you can. If the celebration is later on, I get it. But yeah, you know, make it a fifteen minute part of the show and make it happen. I agree with that part.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean they want debate because if you go to NBA dot com slash seventy five, where you can see the first twenty five names and again you can click on each name and it takes you to their individual page and there's photos, and there's their accolades and a write up. That's great. It says right there on that page task agree, disagree, let's hear it. And then it's got like all the NBA like social media channels. So of course they want us to eventually be debating player X, making it overplayer Y.
Speaker 4: It's just this.
Speaker 1: Strange, slow, just deflating rollout in my opinion, Trey, I don't know if you agree or disagree.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's I don't know, it's just weird.
Speaker 8: It's just weird to do twenty five at a time, and then you'll be like, I'm gonna get angry in two days.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically, right, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 8: Or I'm gonna look at the name on the list of twenty five and pick that out as the one I want to debate, despite the fact that I have no idea what Jerry Lucas was doing way back when.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. I guess.
Speaker 8: I guess it gives us three days to talk about it. That's probably the difference, right, that's what they want to do is talk about it for three days rather than seventy five minutes on one day. I don't know, it's weird, it's I don't know. I would have liked to see it at a halftime of the All Star Game too. That would have been the most exciting way to do it, bring everybody out, but that's also probably not realistic to introduce seventy five or sixty five. However, you're still living players at halftime of an All Star Game, so I don't know. Once you've got that much history, there's a lot of history to it, so it takes a little bit of time.
Speaker 4: I suppose you got to.
Speaker 3: Take it the rings off the Stanley Cup. You just you can't have all the teams on there.
Speaker 1: As for the actual first twenty five names, you know, you said, Jerry Lucas, Dave Collins is there as well. Some people are a little surprised maybe by them still being in the mix, which I think means there are going to be a lot of current snubs, if you want to call them current snubs, you know, a more recent sort of a hall of famers lea. And that just goes back to our debate about how they decided to do this list too, Like it wasn't we got the fifty greatest players of all time, let's add twenty five more. They told people that were actually voting on this, Nope, pretend that list doesn't exist and just go with the streets seventy five. But if you heard Chuck and Ernie, who had votes and are part of this panel last night on the broadcast, they were like, that's weird to them, and we talked about it like that is a little strange, Like you got to like start removing guys, And I think there's just going to be so many that were on the original fifty that are going to be on a lot of people seventy five because I think people also feel bad when they went to making their list, so that means there's gonna be a ton of snubs.
Speaker 7: I think, Yeah, I think you can only insult those players who no longer make the top seventy five. And I think you just didn't need to do that because you always want to remember that the players that came before you. And that's the thing. I don't think anyone who makes that next list would say, oh, yeah, I was way better than a guy I never saw before. You always want to show respect and say, oh, that guy was first and he earned his spot, and now I've earned my spot. So yeah, that definitely was a weird thing to do. And yeah, I'm interested to see who the biggest guy, not the biggest snub, but who the biggest guy who just gets cut from that top fifty, because it's gonna be it's Yeah, that's probably going to generate more talking points than you know, the guys who didn't make it from the current crop, because they've figured they've still got time to make it. Although I guess in twenty five years they'll probably say, right, throw that seventy five with a brand.
Speaker 1: On top one hundred. Yeah, I can't wait for that. I hope there's a clerical error and like they forget Michael Jordan. That will cause some debate.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like going when going to the All Star of Voting ballot when you vote and you screw up and you vote for Seth.
Speaker 2: Curry, Jordan, Poole's gonna be Yeah, Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan will be on there. It's uh, it's one of those things I know that they're putting it on the website, like, hey, let's debate this. But maybe they are trying to limit the the hate at Jerry Lucas and and Hal Greer and the Gut and Bob Pettitt and and those guys who who deservedly were on the top fifty and even Dave Cowens, as you said, they're skeets. So maybe maybe that's how they're kind of diffusing it here, because yeah, it's gonna die out, the hate and the vitriol and the even just the debate period over three days, it's gonna die out. It's gonna fizzle out. And so maybe they just don't want it that way. But then why not just add twenty five entirely? You guys, yeah, and you did a great job. If people haven't watched go Back, Skeets dropped his Top seventy five in the offseason not long ago, a couple of weeks ago, and you should go check out that show, because I do think you know, you dropped a couple of these legends to make your new seventy five.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I didn't. I was I was just adding twenty five new locks.
Speaker 3: Oh right, right right.
Speaker 1: I thought some of these guys that are on the top fifty will ultimately not be on the top seventy five. I do agree with that. I think there will be a few emissions as well as guys that didn't make the top fifty, like Dominique Wilkins. I think for sure he's going to be included over the next couple of days. But yeah, my whole thing was like twenty five like quote unquote current players that are gonna be new locks that weren't on the top. But go check that out.
Speaker 4: A few you guys who made it. I think I think this is right.
Speaker 8: Only five on the first list Jannis, Kevin Durant, James Harden, Steve Nash, and Dirk Novitski. So I mean that's five. Yeah, if you math it out, that's going to be fifteen, you know, new players for a lack of a better word. So is that what they're gonna do? You think it's going to be this low? I mean, fifteen sort of modern players than maybe another ten Dominique Wilkins, Bob McAdoo sorts who should have maybe made the list the first time.
Speaker 1: We'll see can't wait to find out the next twenty five today at three pm ESPN.
Speaker 3: I love how they kept some black and white photos, though they didn't try and modernize.
Speaker 1: I still think they had colored photos for some of these guys. George is that Lee Ellis or George Biken.
Speaker 7: We saw some call of three D foot or HD footage of Will Changlin the other day, Gone Around.
Speaker 1: Shot George mil I was showing Lee doing his best Jordan. I think that's what he's doing. This looks like the loading screen for the worst video game of all Okay, awesome stuff. Well, uh, you know, let me know if you agree or disagree with my thoughts on how they're doing this. Maybe you were a fan of it five at a time, so you could sort of like take it in and uh, you know, digest it a little bit better than seventy five names coming at you. I just think it's weird. I thought it was very strange because I'm I'm I get that, I'm way in. I'm into this way more than probably most people. Is the other part. They're probably looking at it. The producers like nobody cares. There's like eight people out there that care, and them are on the same show.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well you got Nora, you wrote Nora into it. How many have they reveal like I thought it.
Speaker 1: Was gonna be I have. I thought it was going to be a little bit more of a like, hey, this is pretty cool seventy fifth anniversary here, at least the first twenty five names, and I thought they were gonna be an alphabetical and all that. So maybe it was just naive of me to think. I just thought it was gonna be more of like an event task and I was like, I'll tell Lenor, like, this could be pretty cool, and it was not cool.
Speaker 3: Well that's why that's why I think they are saving it for a cool evening in Cleveland in February.
Speaker 1: We'll be seeing I wish they just saved it then at that point.
Speaker 2: Right right, Well, maybe you'll be there.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe you can read.
Speaker 1: That I'll be in the top seventy five. Amazing. All right, we got still tweeted the night. We got pick the results and our new picks for tonight. But first a quick break to hear from much sponsors a few things CLB certified lover boys. Howere you're going?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: Dave also wanted to hear Dave in the stream Team Halloween Party. Time for Lead to break the slash melody for the guests. Oh yeah, okay, get out of here. Oh yeah's call back deav fantastic. Okay, we are riding real long here. We were having a blast. Let's get to tweet of the night.
Speaker 3: Tweet of the night. Wow, Twitter, Come.
Speaker 1: Where do you go?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah? So I thought it was probably going to be a fair bit to choose from last night, but this one actually came in fairly early, and it was from Dane Moore NBA, who covers the Wolves for Blue Wire Pods there, and he just tweeted out something pretty simple. Karl Anthony Towns said his pregame ritual to pump him up this season is watching two Gorillas death. Now you know it's it's a bit of a weird tweet. There's a little bit more contact from our own John Kay here as well, who says, like, you know, Towns are sort of talking about how when you know Gorilla's going to the jungle, you know they've got to fight it out. One of us has got to leave. And so I think that's more what Karl Anthony Towns are saying. He knows he's going up against like big strong guys and he wants to sort of take that mentality in there.
Speaker 2: So no one's dying on the court. I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I don't think so. But good stuff, good stuff for our first tweet of the night.
Speaker 1: Do you have a pregame, a pre show ritual? Lea, are you firing up missus del fire before we jump on here? What are you doing frendo Chino shirts around that?
Speaker 7: Actually, you know what, I have been doing a little bit this week. Here's a little this is what they call him the bees Teas. I've been doing a little bit of reading. Oh yeah, I've got a book by Scottie Pippen. Now look, this book is the Advanced Reader's Edition, not for sale or quotations, so I'm not going to spoil it, but I will say, ooh, it's a space here, and I might have some more news about this book in a week or so. Stay tune, go, stay tuned.
Speaker 4: We we are an animal lover, Yes, who likes to watch a video of an animal?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 4: Do you watch animal fate videos?
Speaker 7: Yes? Because I like to see like things that are unusual, like, for example, crocodiles don't have any predators, but if the crocodile's in the wrong place at the wrong time, you know, he faces some opponent, Like hippos aren't afraid of crocodiles. Crocodiles try to attack those hippos babies. And oh man, there's a couple of videos out there of a crock just getting destroyed. There's also some videos going round of like a cayman, which is a smaller crocodile.
Speaker 2: Chris and a.
Speaker 7: Jaguar jumps into the water. Steve Irwin style lands on the cayman with his teeth in his neck to kill him and then has to pull him up this like muddy slippery slope there to get him out there to feed to his kids. Now, funny thing is, I'm just not sure, like a you know, reptilian like that a crocodilian, I should say, would be all that could eating. I think they'd be pretty tough, you know. Yeah, I have eaten crocodile. Yeah, I haven't caught it myself and then had to like.
Speaker 3: You know, tender raise.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah. But I just thinking, if you're the baby jagguers, you're like on the teeth are still really formed? It can't you just bring us back a zebra or something like that a little bit easier eating.
Speaker 1: But anyway, you're not like that tough hide.
Speaker 4: Ah, you don't think that. You don't eat the outside of a banana. You don't eat a banana.
Speaker 7: I don't eat that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: I know you're supposed to it. You're supposed to be full of vitamins, but supposed well, they say that's healthier part post.
Speaker 1: So can we, starting tomorrow, have you over the next three days unless you're a top twenty five most dangerous animals in order, just share five at a time. We'll get to seventy five.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: I guess really all right, that was a great tweet that had a lot of people laughing and sharing videos of animals fighting, which I guess, yeah, for some can can pump you up. And Karl Anthony Towns is gonna He's gonna try it this season. We're all rooting for him. I hope it works. Trey. Speaking of tweets, you had something for us about something we got into on yesterday's show that the people were commenting on.
Speaker 8: I did, I did skeets, but then we went an hour and forty minutes talking about two basketball games, and I was like, should this just be a big tea zone. Nonetheless, we got a great tweet from John Horn after yesterday's Beach Step in episode where we got talking about whether you would like to see the Knicks play in Madison Square Garden or the Nets play in Barclays Center, and how that relates to musical acts playing at different venues. John tweeted in to us. He said the No Dunks team over complicating Nick's MSG versus Nets Barclays was wild. Metaphors within metaphors. Tom Petty called Madison Square Garden probably the greatest.
Speaker 4: House of rock and roll around.
Speaker 8: Why add other venues to the comparison? He continued to Petty at MSG Better outcast at MSG Better, a live No Dunks podcast that MSG sold out guaranteed is better. So I guess that's your answer. I think it was Danny who emailed in asking what he should do. I think this is a Valentine's Day game. It was what Nicks versus Thunder. That's John's recommendation is to go there.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I did respond to John on Twitter and I get what he's saying. Look, no one loves Madison Square, Gordon Martin, I do. I've talked about it for years on the show. But I said this, and I think this was the metaphor the comparison I should have went with. Would you rather go see the WOJE pod, a live WOJE pod at Madison Square Garden, or come see a live No Dunks pod at the Barclay Center. One is the superior venue, but no offense to who you're not No Dunk's live Baby. Nothing beats that. So that's the better comparison. That's what I was trying to get at with.
Speaker 4: I think that's a perfect comparison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and well John said his answer was to see WOSHSG. That's the wrong answer.
Speaker 8: On Barclays is designed for audio outfit. It's all about the it's not about sidelines. It's about sound lines there. But it doesn't stop with John's tweet because I mentioned on yesterday's show that I was having a laugh thinking about a tribe called Quest performing at Red Rocks with skeets. I think was your analogy for the Knicks playing at Madison Square Garden. Well, my buddy and college roommate who lives in Denver, Big Smooth, texted me immediately after the show to say, FYI, I've seen Tribe and Outcast at red Rocks.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: I said, how was it?
Speaker 1: He said, fucking awesome.
Speaker 8: Tribe was his wife's first show at Red Rocks, So yeah, I guess that's a good place to say it. And then I kept looking at the Internet and various things on Instagram, only to discover that Dead and Company is playing a two night stand at Red Rocks last night and tonight let's go fly out. Yeah, trust me, I was a messaging with Larry not too long ago. If it hadn't been on the night of the NBA season starting and then the second night of the NBA season, that would be a great place. And honestly, a band that's a little bit past their prime playing at a prime location that might be your perfect analogy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I knew we would get there. It just took us two shows at an hour forty of this one. But that's okay.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I love we love that engagement. Guy, So tweet at us at No Dunk saying, okay, before we go test pick them results, you were the only one to take the nets last night. Unfortunately, got that wrong because the Bucks sort of smacked them around. So that's a win for Trey, Lee and myself. You're down one early. But what's our game tonight?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: Well, another one that's a very close line to toss up. The Celtics going to visit the New York Knicks. The next are favorite by one and a half. We met our picks before the show. Three of us skeets, myself and Trey are going with the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 2: Lee, who wasn't too.
Speaker 3: High on the New York Knicks in our previews, he's taken the New York Knicks at home. He's gone to see the Knicks to Nate, why did you take the next?
Speaker 7: Lee? Ah? Well, Tibbs talked about their preseason and just said how every single thing is important and they were playing pretty well in that preseason, so maybe there's some momentum there, maybe there's some preseason bump. Kember back in New York as well, making his debut for the Knicks. Don't think they've got any significant injury concerns coming into tonight, so I think that crowd's going to be pretty packed, pretty hyped up. I can see the Knicks getting the W tonight, hopefully it's by at least two points.
Speaker 1: I find these first couple of Pickham's every year difficult because what happens, at least with me, is like, I'm convinced the Celtics are going to be a pretty good team this year. I think they're being slept on a little bit. So then this being the first pick them game, I'm like, well, if I think the Celtics are going to surprise people and be like a top five pick, that means I have to have them winning games like this, you know what I mean. But it's like that's not necessarily true. They could lose to the Knicks and still have a really good record.
Speaker 3: But yeah, and the home court juice is real. What Lee's saying about the Knicks, just your first game at home. The Raptors started three and zero once upon a time with Lauren Woods and Chris Bosh lining up and they were just bad team. But you get some juice gone from the preseason. It happens.
Speaker 7: I think Kimba would like to maybe send a little message to the Celtics tonight as well, if he could matter.
Speaker 2: That's why I kind of picked well, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Revenge backcourt from the Knicks versus the Celtics. Eleven games on tonight, my goodness. Everybody get your league pass ready. Raptors are one of those teams playing tonight at home back in Canada, hosting the Wizards. But we'll be back here tomorrow to try and break down as many games as possible. There is a new episode of Survivor tonight too. Yeah, we're definitely not going to Red Rocks Tray. There's just too many games on and a Survivor episode. My goodness. So if you are a fan of Survivor, join us live over at No Buffs, our separate YouTube feed, our separate podcast feed No Buffs. Survivor forty one podcast recaps with Jason Conception on we Go Live around Thursday five thirty pm Eastern, so that's tomorrow around five thirty if you want to hear us talk about survivor promise you there'll be no spoilers on the actual No Dunk Show. We'll talk about it on No Buffs, emailing your questions and comments. We actually hit the beach yesterday. If you didn't listen to that one, No Dunk's at the Athletic dot com. Follow us across all social media channels Twitter, Instagram, TikTok at No dunk Sinc. Subscribe to No Dunks here on YouTube. Thanks everybody that took a second to hit that little like button two thumbs up. Thank you, thank you, thank you. And finally, go grab yourself an athletic subscription at the Athletic dot com slash No Dunks. You can sign up right now for less than three dollars a month, which is in just a stupid good promotion. So if you don't have an athletic subscription, go get yourself one of those. My god, that was a long one. They're not generally this long, but holy it's sad basketball back and talking about all the drama on and off the court in the NBA. Enjoyed the game tonight. We'll see you tomorrow here live at ten am. Eastern on YouTube. Clipper Bros.
Speaker 2: You heard it here first.
Speaker 4: Have a great time, turn up, love you guys awesome.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us, and remember, if Joe can talk for three hours an episode, then we can easily do two.
Speaker 1: Embrace the Day people.
Speaker 8: You could stay.
Speaker 4: Every day.
Speaker 8: And I'll be happy every minute.
Speaker 1: It's been so long with your FUNA.
Speaker 3: Way, It's happened already. It's gonna be crazy.