Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh don't tell Dan Patrick you're cheating on him. Hey, neighbors, Good morning Cadino and Rich and for Dan Patrick. Yeah, we're live in Mercedes Benz Studios. Remember the hottest rookies, biggest superstars, and all time greats. The only place to collect them all is Kanini Trading Cards, the official trading card of The Dan Patrick Show. For instant classics, autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, and more. Start or continue your collection now with Pennine America dot net. Now Today talked a lot of NBA NFL had a lot of fun, but also talked a lot of fun and nonsense because it's like the weakest time in the world for sports. But that's why we bring the fun. Well, we're talking the greatest neighbors in TV history because it's the anniversary of when mister Rogers debuted in nineteen sixty eight. A lot of us grew up on that show, and he begged you to be his neighbor and welcomed you to his neighborhood. I told you, if you have little kids. Likely they watched the spinoff Daniel Tiger's neighborhood Daniel Tiger from the mind of Fred Rogers. So we ask you who are the greatest? I will tell you this though I googled it just to see what it says. We named four of the top five already, So who are we forgetting? And you know who comes up first?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 2: When you google AI, the AI overview that they give you now says Leonard and Penny from the Big Bang Theory. Okay, yeah, are often seen as the most desirable neighbors. Well, Penny's are pretty desirable right now. I'm with you. But again, we named four of the top five. We're gonna go to your phone calls. But this also does tie into a sports related story. I don't know if you guys know it. There's an update on the thieves, the burglars who are breaking into all the NFL Superstars houses and most recently Vah Road Striker for LAFC. The dude had five hundred thousand dollars worth of jewelry stolen. So we're gonna talk about is it better to have nosy neighbors to keep an eye on your house? You know, the nosy neighbor Because there's a lot of crime going on, and we're going to talk about that for a minute too. Is it true that moron that stole from Joe Burrow was seen wearing his stuff? Yeah, they were taking pictures. It's insane. How dumb can you me? But seven people were arrested in relation to that story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, members of a South American theft group.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, speaking of nosy neighbors, I'm going to add one that I know no one else will say, but the nosiest yet eye roll the neighbors of the eighties. Second day in a row, Willie Alf gets a shout out the acmonics. The whole, the whole gimmick of the achmonics next door was that they were so nosy that they had to hide Alf a little extra because the neighbors were the type that would like try to peek out the windows, like, hey, what are they doing over there? That's not my top answer, but I had to give the acmonics a shout out. But here's my answer. I wanted to say, did you have to? I did? I did for all the millions of people that are like, yeah, rich achmonics, Danny, I said, I think I might have an answer that rival Steve Erkele did I do that? And I'm gonna say it could very well be Jefferson and Marcy Darcy from Married with Children? Oh, who is it? I'll go to them now.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure they were. They were lined up here. I don't wait till their answers. Well, I mean, I can't you owe a guy a swiggy now for stealing his.
Speaker 2: Hang on the phone. If it was you, maybe I'll give you a swing. Let's go to Robin, Florida. Rob, we're talking best neighbors.
Speaker 4: What's up, man, I'll just chime in with Kramer. But I have some mister Rogers trivia. I'm not sure what you know about.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: An Academy Award nominated actor got his start on Mister Rodgers as a production assistant.
Speaker 2: Ash O, wait, hold on an Academy Award nominated actor. That's a that's It's sort of like how Laurence Fishburne was Cowboy Curtis on Pee Wee's Playhouse. Zombie was a Pat Peewe's Playhouse, and the.
Speaker 4: Guy's real name is the same name as an Academy Award winning actor, Michael.
Speaker 2: I give Michael Batman get out of here. Wow. He right for Fred Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It says he was a stage hand.
Speaker 2: I did not know that. That's a good fun fact. That's a good one man. Thank you for where do I rob? What your neighbor? Who's your neighbor, Bud? He said, Yeah, I mean Kramer, Yeah, busting in by the way, Kramer. He was a great neighbor until he got all racist in her. Yeah, by the way, Mary. Mary doesn't want.
Speaker 3: Rich about Michael Keaton and says he later hosted a PBS special about the show called mister Rogers, it's you. I like, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. And we know lots of stupid things like that. Cameron in Indiana, what's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: That was actually gonna mention Mary the children. But do get another one for you?
Speaker 2: Oh, Cameron's the one? Rich, Oh Kim, you know what? Uh, keep Cameron on the hall, Cameron, after we talked to.
Speaker 3: You, stay holding in. I'll get your mailing address.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's your second one? It's the second one. Cameron's second one's gotta be good. What do you got? So?
Speaker 1: I got kimming from cool house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like the quintessential annoying neighbor for sure. She's like Rich Davis. We already said that Kimmy Gibbling, if you can Ryan in Toronto, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hi, uh I got that the animated would be ned Flanders Simpsons.
Speaker 2: And that is the top five rounding it out according to Google the twenty five best sitcom Neighbors number five, Ned Flanders number four, Kimmy Gibbler, number three, Steve Urkelle, Steve Verkele number two, Cosmo Kramer number one, Wilson all improvement because you know, and that's a good answer, because he's just he was the neighbor. That's just really his whole role.
Speaker 3: For right, didn't even have to see his whole face exactly.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Steve Verkle, and we said that, you know, he might be our number one here in the studio. Have you seen how him dancing lines up perfectly with Kendrick Klamar. Yes, he's doing his corny Dick van Dyke. Dick van Dyke's a good one, Happy feet the Penguins. That lines up perfectly? Am I missing any that does a ton of them?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Mario Lopez dancing at the Max that lines up with Kendrick Lamar. I mean, I guess it's a simple, simple beat, but still do I have to call Rich out? I swear to you. I caught rich practice sing the Kendrick Lamart dance moves in the hallway here at Fox Sports Radio. I saw him like counting his steps. He's like trying to do the dance. What a goober. I believe it. Yeah, he was trying. He didn't know anyone was looking.
Speaker 7: What is he?
Speaker 2: I believe it. I should have recorded it because I'm like, what.
Speaker 5: Is he doing?
Speaker 2: He was practicing the dance. I'm not about to get it right now and do it. He's trying, He's trying to do it. They're not like me. They know they're not like me. They're all right. Fish, you're on Camino rich In for Dan Patrick. What's up Pennsylvania?
Speaker 5: Hey, I liked I think the Jefferson's are the best. Somebody took that one, but I also think, uh, another really good one from that era was Julio Fred Sandford's Neighbor.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's the fun fact on that, Quincy Jones did the theme song. Not everybody knows that that it ain.
Speaker 6: It band.
Speaker 2: That's Quincy Jones it's.
Speaker 3: Something growing up, whenever we saw something that we thought was kind of low budget, or he would just.
Speaker 2: Got a lot of junk in their front yard. He was that San franisn I got one that might not be on anyone's list. I used to love the show Charles in Charge as a kid, and Buddy Lembeck had to be a neighbor because he just popped by. But all the time, I wasn't a neighbor. He was just Charles's best friend. Yeah, that's fresh, Prince. It's very specifically, I guess, but I feel like he would always stopped by. Maybe right way to ruin your own conversation, Jessey, Jeff wasn't a neighbor. He just always popped in, right. That wasn't the role that the guy played. It was his. It was his buddy. And in fact, his name was Buddy. But Frank Florida, what's up, Bud?
Speaker 7: You know, Booker wasn't a neighbor neither in Growing Pains, and he always just popped in.
Speaker 2: I was always his name was Boner. I don't know if that's what you said, but I would imagine Stinky Sullivan was the neighbor because he Ben was always at his house.
Speaker 7: You know, I was trapped in the elevator with Julia White back in the heyday when he was topping nineteen ninety one and the Empire State Building met him and his mother. We were trapped in the elevator. I was on a class trip and left the class and went on his elevator, winded up getting stuck with Steve Rko, got in a lot of trouble too. But anyways, how about mister Wilson, Yeah, mister Wilson from Dennis to Menace, all right, Yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was the neighbor guy. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot of old ones to Fred and Ethel's right, they're all the neighbors like old school stuff. But thank you guys again for chiming in. If you want to continue chiming in, hit us up at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio. But again it ties in to another really sports related conversation because the question here based on neighbors and miss through Rogers anniversary. Hey, neighbor, is it better to have a nosy neighbor or not? We think in our mind that they're annoying, right, Hey, mind your business? Hey, busy body, get a life. You and your neighborhood watch and then you realize that your dad is also that guy. Now, how many East Coast dads or just dads in general are always like who's that parking? In mind? Anytime someone makes a you turn in someone's driveway, man, dad, he's like, who's that a hole? Or if someone parks in front of the house, who's that parking in front of the house?
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 2: Right by the way, I thought of two more that we have to add before and move on. Because that you're gonna say both of them, it was better be like slam dunks. If you're gonna interrupt me, to just bring them up. So let's hear how great they are. Well, prepare to be dazzled. Another way, shout out to our buddy Michael Yo listening in Vegas. Michael Yo, one of our favorite comics. Every time I say Yo, I'm shouting him out. He said he is a Danny mister. Well nough, he said Wilson Home Improvement. That that was the one you said, all right, here are my two Quagmire family guy. Now, come on, bro, Actually I like that one. Pervy funny neighbor doesn't necessarily put a tingle in my neighbor dingle. Well, this one will, because no one's talked about a neighbor they've had a crush on. Winnie Cooper was the neighbor to fall into like a different category childhood crushes. Yes, but dude, she was Kevin Arnold's next door neighbor. Oh yeah, but she was. She moved on, But she moved. She moved a very special episode.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: But because when people moved when you were a kid, it's like they they might as well move to another country. You know. Well, what did you say yesterday? You brought up Wonder Years as one of the last sitcoms you really enjoyed. And I'm shouting at Winnie Cooper. He was the neighborhood kid.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. And you made me think of she had a big part in this series How I Met Your Mother. Patrese, the hot neighbor that the you know that stirred things up with the two roommates.
Speaker 2: Patrice. Wait, Patrice was like the big girl.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the other one? You know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: Rob?
Speaker 2: Do you know a name? Robin Chabotsky was the name.
Speaker 3: Was there was a neighbor, yeah, that they were fighting over. Remember, so you.
Speaker 2: Ruled the conversation, Brod, I was flowing. You had to, you know, bring up giggity giggys.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I didn't watch that. I didn't watch that show like you did, Rich, Rich.
Speaker 2: And for Dan Patrick again, happy anniversary to Fred Rogers. But again the question based on that nosy neighbors. We think they're busy bodies, guys like Rich, I'm like, mind your business man, but do they play an important role? Would you prefer a nosy neighbor if they're keeping an eye on your place? Because there's a few stories and a few ways to look at this, because Rich's first thought when you heard the story is why would you have all this stuff? Anyway? What sort of tacky guy are you? When when I heard that this Ellie la FC, Now, I'm sure he does well professional striker for l EFC. Right, he got robbed because again, when players are away, that's you're basically advertising to a burglar, a criminal that hey, no one, well someone might be around, but I'm not so it's an easier target at that point. We saw it in the NFL that only spring of robberies. Oddly, it took this long for people to realize, wait a minute, they're playing. That means they are not home and likely their family.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Social media has also added to this. Right people always advertising when they're away, you're basically inviting criminals. So if you're on vacation, post the pictures when you come back. Yeah, that's a great tip, you know how Like women will not post where they are in the moment because I'm weird. Old guy could show up. Like, if you're like a younger woman, I would say, if you want to highlight the moment of your day, like here I am at this spa, post it when you get home. All you're doing is inviting creepos.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: So Olivia Jerode is the latest of these stories of these burglaries, striker for the LAFC soccer team out here in Los Angeles. He was robbed of five hundred thousand dollars in jewelry and it's a lot of times not even what they stole. It's the feeling that you're left with, right, Like, man, it's one of the reasons my dad moved, because why you feel you feel almost like like just something dirty about it, Like I remember your parents got their car stolen. Yeah, they got it back, but they got like, yeah, it felt violated. Yeah, you feel that's the best word. You feel violated, to feel like there's something scary or gross about someone was going through your house. Right, and so many thoughts. Right, Rich was like five hundred thousand dollars in jewelry. These are professional athletes. I don't think that's off the mark. You see all the jewelry that Joe Burrow had. Yeah, but I'm just asking you. I mean, but then again, you're a tacky guy. By the way, five hundred thousand, it was more than ten watches. It was mostly watches, which is again I tipped my Yankee hat even more. I'm like, this dude had a sweet watch. If you're a baller, professional athlete, and you're like, all right, I collect Brightlings or Rolexes, all right, I get that. But to me, when someone says they lost five hundred thousand dollars in jewelry, I'm like, why do you have five hundred thousand dollars in jewelers? Because they are professional athletes, clearly, Yeah, it's a drop in the bucket. May those are status in Mary unless you're Justin Jefferson, who you know whars the diamond Lynx on the field. You know, people like nice things like that and craftsmanship of a sweet watch. Because you don't and you wear cheaper Bobo sneakers doesn't mean everybody likes weak ass things. Day. I'm wearing Jordan's today. That's for a bit. By the way, Tom Brady got a lot of a lot of criticism during the Super Bowl. Didn't he wear like a seven hundred thousand dollars watch?
Speaker 3: Oh, that was a nice watch.
Speaker 2: Some people were saying to gross or attack, Yeah, that gold one that he was Yeah, so I mean, I mean, I guess Tom Brady has one watch worth seven hundred thousand dollars. So I get it. You're a baller, you're an athlete. But if you said, tagy, that's a lot, you're gonna tell Tom Brady to his face that he was tacky. That is baller, Tom Brady. No good for you, man for nice things. Tom Brady has signed football contracts, endorsements, and broadcasting contracts for hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars. No offense. I don't think an LAFC striker is making Tom Brady money. Five hundred thousand dollars maybe in endor streets and watches and things like that. So he was broken into is a local story out here. And again the update Danny g is they just arrested seven people in relation to the NFL burglaries that were happening this past season.
Speaker 3: These guys from Chile, members of a South American theft group, and three of the seven are connected to the Cincinnati burglary of Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again stupid because they were taking pictures and posing with all of these items. That didn't help the story. But the story when it was first started to break was, well, these are advanced criminals. They were shutting off security systems right, They were doing all sorts of things to not get caught. They end up getting caught. But based on the neighborhood question and the neighbors do you prefer now rich when you hear these stories having a nosy neighbor to keep an eye on your place when you're not around, bro, Because as much as you make fun of them, I have they that's when they become useful. Yes, I have a story and I'll tell you, But to play stat boy, he does all he does. Alright, he's not making Tom Brady money. But I just looked up Olivier Jerod Durra, the LAFC player that just lost five hundred thousand dollars in jewelry. He makes three point five million dollars a year as a soccer player. So guys, guy's making good money. But again, when you have that much money and jewelry, I don't know three. But again his priorities. Maybe he's a big watch guy. Like I said, there was over ten watches stolen, so that's maybe his pride in his collection, which which sucks. Danny G. Don't you have a famous neighbor called that you call nosy Rosie.
Speaker 3: Oh, this lady is the worst. She waddles around. I've heard you say here nosey Rosie. It's only been my wusiness. She waddles around our street and is in everybody's business. If she catches you check in your mailbox, be prepared to waste ten minutes of your life.
Speaker 2: See the head of her own hoa.
Speaker 3: Yeah. On Fridays, on our afternoon slash evening show, we do a thing called Weekend hob Nobbin. This would come in hand to talk to her instead, I just listened and nod my head, and I'm like mm hmmm. But she's one of those older people who has nothing to do except she waits for the ups guy. She waits for the Amazon guy, the Maleman, and she pounces on them as soon as as soon as they show up. But she she'll say to you, Covino, so, uh, why do you have an extra car parked by your house this week?
Speaker 2: Mind?
Speaker 3: Your business knows you Let me tell you, Danny. We don't even know her name. She's just nosy. Rosie's not even her name.
Speaker 2: Rosie is keeping it there on what's going on. They're important for the neighborhood. There's an old lady that strolls my neighborhood, retired old lady. You know those women that like look like they got money. Like, she's an old lady that's all put together. She walks her dog and will randomly talk to my wife. This woman knows everyone's business. And I'm like how Like she's like, well, you know, the house four up, four houses up there. When you're old and you're not working, it's a long day. But I'm like, yo, this woman knows everyone's business. Not necessarily a bad thing. My neighbors, like one person had a suspicious character sort of looking around their house. And because of that, all the old people I mean in my neighborhood made like a WhatsApp chat and it's called neighborhood Watch. And no joke. If Cavino drives a different car to my house, they're like, there's a different car in front of the Davis house. Yeah it's annoying, but but you know, when you think about all these things that are happening, there seems to be a use for the annoyed.
Speaker 3: And if you're very wealthy and you live in a compound, you have a lot less of neighborhood watch. Yeah going on. You might have private security, but your neighbors aren't exactly living right next door to you.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: You know he used to get offended and I would tell him, don't get offended. He's a really nice guy. Before I moved to Woodland Hills, and before my wife and I had kids and got a house, I rented an apartment here in Sherman Oaks, Caveno would come over my house and anytime he would come into the parking garage, you know, you need a little the key fob to open the gate. This guy would always ask him, being like, hey, what's up. Buh, Hey you live here? Yeah, Well it rubbed me the wrong way the way he would do it. It's like, I don't know, what do you run this building? Like I'm here visiting a friend. But it was more than once. All the time, it's like the butt inski of the of the building, like who is this? But a couple of people, a couple of people's cars got broken into in the garage. So this guy was like, you know, that's what I mean. It's how there's a lot of people that give law enforcement a hard time, Like, man, these cops. Yeah, but they're the first to call when there's a problem, right, They're the first people you're looking for if there's an issue, the police. It's the same with the nosy neighbor. You're like, mine, your business, get a life, but insane and your car. Then your house gets broken into a Hey nosy rosie, what did you see? Hey nosy rosie, my package is missing? Did you see anything suspicious? That's when you realize that they do play a role. So based on all that, yeah, we're just trying to give you a different perspective on the nosy rosy, nosy neighbor that is in your neighborhood. And if you're like I don't have one, that means you're probably the nosy neighbor. I mean you could have a nosy neighbor. What did Joe Burrow have a supermodel saying at his house they got scared?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a bad dude.
Speaker 2: And again the other reminder here, stop advertising when you're not around.
Speaker 3: Hey, Rich really quick, I know we're going to get to Midweek. Major here, Department of Corrections. Sorry to cross my sitcoms. Big Bang Theory is what I was thinking. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I was gonna say neighbor on mother, I was like, they foot over Robin, but she was not the neighbor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, the famous blonde from Big Bang Theory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's I mean to think of like one of those nerds got with her. That's why the show never made sense to me. All right, hey, coming up, we got Midweek. I saw you know your wife's a model. Bro, he's a weenie with a model baby. What are you saying, I'm shelbon, get out of here. I'm just saying anything's possible. Danny has midweek major all the headlines that we missed in the world of sports and entertainment. We'll break it down next. We'll let you know if they're mid week or major. Hang tight more Covino on Rich Next.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR, or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich Davis and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, shop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino on Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich. It's the premier sports lineup in the nation. I love that production piece. Thank you play. I know too other networks say they're number one. We know that's just a lie. It is it. It isn't the best here at Fox Sports Radio. Happy to be part of it. Thank you for being part of it. Fox Sports Radio Nation, Covino and Rich five to seven on the East Monday through Friday, two to four. Out here on the West side, search Covino and Rich, Revy, stream your podcast and be a part of it. Always an honor and thrill to fill in for Dan Patrick and uh Friday, We'll be in for Colin on the Herd. You heard thank you? World famous Cavino and Rich live the Mercedes Benz Studios. Rapid Radio is the official walkie talk key of The Dan Patrick Show. Offers national LTE coverage and no subscription ever. A great alternative for your kids and your parents. We use them on the show. Go to wrapidradios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping. Wrap It Radio. Let's go, Let's do it. We do it every Wednesday, something called mid Week Major.
Speaker 1: Covino and Rich get you over the middle of the week where mid Week Major Major.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that.
Speaker 1: We throw sports and pop culture headlines and topics at the fellas and it's like the kids.
Speaker 4: Say, that's summit.
Speaker 2: We definitely major.
Speaker 1: See it our scoring Midweek Major.
Speaker 3: I gotta give myself at least eight full minutes. Here you hear the horns. You know you have made it to the middle of the week, all right. Before we get started to see who gets first take. Between Covino and Rich, we like to roll the big red love dice.
Speaker 2: I just rolled the twelve, Well you roll the ten? Ohn Yeah, five and five? So now I have the role likely at twelve. Let's say, oh wait, now hard six. That's what she said, gere up first.
Speaker 3: The cobno gets to go first. All right, gentlemen. Last week we talked about Patrick Mahomes Senior right here on Midweek Major. His dust up with John Rocker was a headline during Super Bowl Week in New Orleans. Well, it was staged. Mahomes Senior made the admission. According to court documents obtained by TMZ Sports, officials were questioning him about his trip because he's been placed on probation from last year's charge of DWI. When he got into that squabble with Rocker. He then missed a urine test on February eleventh, officials wanted to know more. According to the documents, the officials are ready to throw the book at him, so, in an effort to avoid trouble, the Chiefs quarterback's dad fest up to the fact that the Rocker incident was a staged altercation to get publicity for a celebrity boxing match that was set to take place in April twenty twenty five. Coveno, Patrick's dad caught promoting a celebrity match mid Week or Major.
Speaker 2: It's a mid story. It's major for Patrick his son though. You know, if I was his son, I'd be even more embarrassed because just when you thought that this could couldn't get any worse, it does because he's now intentionally embarrassing his son. Right, It's one thing to get a dui and and get in the way of the public image of your family and your son's career. You think his son wants to deal with this? Next question, Uh, really don't want to talk about my brother, my wife and her politics, and especially my dad. Next question, Hey, Patrick, what about your dad?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Next question, Like Patrick Mahomes doesn't want to deal with that. So for his dad to be doing this stuff is embarrassing, and then to intentionally do this is even worse. See, I think say out of your son's way. I think this story is major because the action was mid Oh. Yeah, I'm gonna say major, because when you get caught staging something, Oh, the embarrassment is top notch. And the only reason he fessed up to it being staged was because he was gonna get in trouble. He would have tried to play it off like, yo, I mean Rocker, We're in a tussle and now we're gonna wrestle at a barstool event.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to hype up a potential fight. For the fact that his fake ass hype got caught is embarrassing at the highest level. But what's again even grosser about it is the fact that now you're intentionally just trying to embarrass your son. I know it's not the intent, but by default that's what you're doing.
Speaker 3: All right, next day, all right, Tiger Tiger Woods. Y'all, Tiger had one hundred ninety nine yards to the hole. His Jupiter Links teammates realized that something was really wrong. Tuesday night, in a tgl indoor match, Tiger asked to confirm the yardage and heard ninety nine because caddies often dropped the first number when it's obvious, but it was not obvious to Tiger. He hit a wedge, a good shot that traveled one hundred yards. He says, I heard ninety nine, so I went out there and hit it. There was a problem, obviously, he was one hundred yards off. One of the most embarrassing moments in my golfing career just happened. Would set on the telecastle laughing. I just screwed up. That was embarrassing. His Jupiter Links teammates dropped to the grass laughing. By the way, New York never trailed in at ten to three. Victory fellas Tiger getting embarrassed on TV Covino mid Week or Major.
Speaker 2: Again mid But the headline is like the most embarrassing moment he's had on the course, When you've had embarrassing moments to the extent that he had in life with all the controversy and his other eighteen holes and everything else going on. Yeah, I think this pales in comparison. So this was more of a laugh out loud, funny sort of moment, like, oh, manan, could you believe that I was way off? So it's not his most embarrassing moment. Yeah, it's like that one time when we were playing mini golf and you're like, oh, the windmill, No, oh, it's supposed to go through the cloud's mouth. Listen. I think it's funny that Tiger had essentially a brain fart, it seems on the golf course. But Mark, I'll back up Cadino. When you've had embarrassing moments in real life with women and mistresses and your life fell apart at one point. Yeah, this is laughing, This is like insignificant. But yet what I did notice still rich too, is like, you know, he recently lost his mom. The fact that he was out there smile and having fun and still compete and it's true. It's like, yeah, life goes on and props to him. I'm rooting for him.
Speaker 3: All right. Up next year. What do you guys think of when I say Brazil booties? I knew, I knew you were going to say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, predictable, So hold on to soccer.
Speaker 3: That predictable. The NFL is filling out its list of international games for the twenty twenty five season. It was just announced the La Chargers are set to host a game in Brazil in Week one. We gotta go, yeah, just stop it. There was an official announcement from the NFL just this morning. The Chargers will be the designated home team at Corinthians Arena on a Friday night during the first week of the regular season. Today's announcement about the Chargers in Brazil brings a number of confirmed home teams for international games to seven. The Jags, the Browns, and the Jets will all play in London. Guys, Jim Harbaugh and the Chargers headlining in Brazil. Covino Midweek or major major.
Speaker 2: Dude, major in every way. Because we're seeing the growth of the NFL, let's focus on this first and first mostly international sport. You're seeing how excited they get overseas in Mexico. Rich and I went to a Mexico City game a few years back, like five years ago. We were amazed to see the level of genuine excitement for American football, Like wow, So now it's in Brazil hyping it up there. That's major in itself. Right then, if you're a guy like me, he always fantasized about the booty cheeks in Brazil, this might be your chance to get your buddies to go out there and go fulfill that fantasy football. But cheeks, let's go. This is America. Actually it's Brazil. But I love it America. It's the American dream. I think it's great. And for those that say, well, the travel and for the players. Last year, the Eagle started the season playing internationally, they won the Super Bowl. The Chiefs played three games within a ten to eleven day period. They went to the Super Bowl. So I think the narrative that it's unfair to these players. Listen, all teams deal with travel, All teams deal with this going to a foreign country and expanding your brand for a game you get paid millions to do, and the world is falling more in love with I think it's awesome. I love the Internet and international expansion. Eventually, I think it would be cool not to have a franchise international, But I think it would be cool if every season, every team had one international game. What a cool road trip for you and your buzz. Right, let's say could get that Brazilian BUTTL if you've been won, Danny, imagine if the schedule goes to eighteen games eventually, and there's two bye weeks, two bye weeks, eighteen games, but one of your eighteen games is international. That would be awesome and you can get and you can't get your BBL.
Speaker 3: BBL DK All right, guys, Finally something that only could rival Rich's weak Psyche White Sneakers. An Oklahoma man's family surprised him with a Guinness World Record for his collection of eight and eighty two different bricks. Clem Renkenheimer eighty seven was out of town when his daughter and son in law gathered a group of their friends to count and document each item in his Tulsa brickbarn. The eighty seven year old returned home and was surprised with an official certificate from the four the world's largest collection of bricks. I got back in town and it was a big surprise. I'm very happy to hear about the Guinness World Record. His collection has taken forty years. It includes a Roman brick from a D one hundred, but most date to date, he's got one from Tulsa, I guess from his hometown. With a backward s he says he's most proud of guys, a man with more bricks than Shaquille O'Neill, Midweek or Major.
Speaker 2: How many bricks does he have?
Speaker 3: Almost nine thousand? Yeah, I had like ten thousand bricks, so yeah, not that impressive. Actually kind of weak.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's exactly I was thinking. Didn't Shack have more bricks than that? This is the weakest story ever, dude, of all time. You know, I tell you what. Some people collect shotglasses, match books, magnets when they go on vacation, maybe Christmas ornaments, picture frames, bricks though the one like the one from one ad Roman times like, listen, there's some cool relics that if you had as a centerpiece, and like your data building a cubhouse, but I mean bricks. I mean he literally has a brack house. I mean this guy, it's a lamest collection. I agree with you. And it's heavy. It's hard to move around. You think his wife at any points, like, honey, you ever think about something else? I don't know. Man, kind of a weak story.
Speaker 3: Now what's the lamest thing you two collect?
Speaker 2: Uh, that's a good one. Oh, you know what I do collect? Don't think it's lame. Though I don't collect many things. I have a baseball card collection I still have, right, but I collect from all the events that we do and and fights that we go to and games and you know the ardanards like you around your neck like the straight you know, minutes of the events that we go to collect. You go to Kavino's house, h'll he has and he puts them on like hangars in the closet. You have what thousands?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and you guys are going to get another one from Philadelphia tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well advertising it man Burglars are listening. Thank you, Danny G. Welcome for a little midweek major. We got more Cavino on Wretch. Next in for the great Dan Patrick right here, Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 2: CNR on FSR and Rich Lots of Bricks, Shooting Bricks, The Shack Approved, world Famous Covino and Rich Show in for Dan Patrick. I love this song. Live from Mercedes Benz Studio. On a personal note, we were talking earlier how excited we are for baseball right and I also attribute that not only to the postseason last year and all the moves made in the offseason, but the NBA fallen flat. So excited Danny g I can't stop buying Yankees hats. Dude, I have a problem. I got a problem. Seriously, I bought six this week. Well I'm sorry, I what six new Yankee hats? That's how excited I am. On a personal note, my girlfriend she has the nerve to be like, I think you got enough. I'm like you got boxes in front of the house every day of the week. I'm buying a few hats and you're on my head. So honestly, I think I do have a problem. Six more that people look at you want to slap off your head. Six more slapside.
Speaker 3: I thought my wife had a problem. She buys a ton of those little sleepies bamboo pajamas for CoA. Yeah, those things are pricey and they do what they call a drop every week and.
Speaker 2: She's like, yeah, oh my god, look at the theme this week. I can't stop man like ching ching bank account minus money. Yep, exactly. So Covino and Rich thank you guys for hanging out with us baseball fans, but you know, just fans like you. We're on every day Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East. We're gonna be in Philly tomorrow, so we're off tomorrow, but we're filling in for Colin Cowherd on Friday, So join us in for the Herd. But definitely check our podcast Covino and Rich whenever you can follow, rate and review and if you leave something nice, say something nice about us, you qualify for a prize. So yes, we're bribing you to check out our show.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I have a Kelsey thought to wrap the show with, but a dumb question. First, he's skipping out of Floyd Mayweather. You don't like Floyd and Kelsey. Okay, well we'll squeeze it in. But Mary played the Commodore's brick House Love it part of my ignorance because I feel like I'm a I'm pretty top notch when it comes to music trivia. But I don't hear Lionel Richie's voice at all. Was he not on that track or he's definitely on that Yeah, but I don't hear his voice, meaning like to me, Lionel Richie has a recognizable voice, but maybe you're so used to him singing more ballads. When I hear brick House, his voice doesn't pop to me. I mean, have you ever heard dream On by Aerosmith? Doesn't really sound like Steven Tyler. He is just a younger guy, different style, right, It's just he was a younger dude.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's from their nineteen seventy seven album. And he was a member of the Commodore's at the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, all him. I know he's in the Commodorees. Obviously, But to me, I hear that song and to me, Lionel's one of my favorites, and I'm like, I never did it doesn't pop to me? If that doesn't pop right now? A Kelsey thought and a Mayweather thought. The Kelsey thought. I just want to bring up because Jason was on a podcast with Ryan Fitzpatrick and he was saying that since he started dating Taylor Swift, the changes in Travis are staggering. Apparently Travis Kelcey will do that. It was the type of guy that had a pool table and a basketball hoop in his living room with non matching furniture, and he was he was such a like a bro slob. You could say he was ghetto, that's what he was. He probably had meercans and pizza boxes later around, and Taylor sort of smoothed them outh, clean them up a little bit. And a good woman is underrated in a man's life. A good woman will do wonders for a man and the other Don't They always say behind every great man, there's a better woman.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Now, there's a quote from Travis Kelsey. It's been floating around. I'm curious what you think because it said whether or not he'll play next year and whether or not you know his future the Chiefs is in question. It's quote whether or not I'm motivated. And my first instinct is if you're questioning your motivation, yeah, it's a great sign you're sort of not motivated. Like if I would have be hard to tell, I know, dealing with that. Yeah, but if I were to say, like, yeah, I don't know, let me question my motivation for doing coven On writch No, I know I want to do this. I'm motivated to do the show. I think the minute you start questioning your motivation to me, that's sort of your answer. No, the only the only thing, like I said, the only grace I'll give him coming off of a tough loss. He's coming off the loss. But yeah, that's that's an interesting question. You know, if I feel like I'm tired to me when you're not blocking in the super Bowl, you don't seem motivated to me. You just saying in life, a relationship player, you know, you know you're dating someone and you're like, yeah, just you're not motivated or excited to see them, or it's a job that you're going through the motions. Hey, dude, when you've got other options, you're making hundreds of millions of dollars chopping it up with your brother on the podcast. You don't need football anymore. You're not as hungry. Yeah, that's true. Don't need to be fed right now. The Mayweather story is one we want. It also fit in well. You know, they have some ownership for sale, and word on the streets is Floyd Mayweather money way. Weather got his money team together and he's trying to purchase ten percent of the New York Football Giants, valued at seven hundred million dollars and already has two hundred million of that in escrow. So I'm trying to make that happen. He's liquidating and you know, you got to think of how much money he's made, not only through himself, but his promotional company and everything. He said, there's a difference between being rich and having wealth, and he's really changing the game here, making a huge investment which always seems to pay off. You're owning a sports franchise of this caliber. Good for him, major props. Got to look at him in a different life like business man. No, seriously, like that's next level, right, But it also postes the question can a winner fifty and oh Floyd Mayweather, you know who has a reputation changed to culture as we see it now, and I think he could. I mean the Giants thanks to a couple really great I'm not gonna say lucky runs, but the fact that Eli and the Giants beat Brady twice for Super Bowl take Away Yeah four two. You know Phil Simms Hostetler when we were kids. But I'm saying, in the last you know, in the last twenty five plus years, you got two really good runs. Besides that, the Giants have not been great, So interesting with Shore Sanders go to the Giants then? Or or do they trade for Stafford? So many questions with the Giants. Is his team at different level of swag though winning mentality for sure. We'll see you guys Friday and for the herd. Thank you Dan Patrick Patrick for lett us fill in until next time a rib there, see you in the Promised Land. Goodbye, have a great one.