Speaker 1: Have you ever done any of those uh mystery dinners where it's like you're eating dinner and the guy next to you drops dead, and now you gotta can't finish your salad because now you've got to figure out who killed the dude next to you. Your dumb But.
Speaker 2: If you ever host one, I'd like to, because I really do think i'd be so good at it.
Speaker 1: I think you should. To me, it's just a meal ruined. Frankly, but it's like I'm trying to try and eat my bread. I why are you fake bleeding all over the table at this point?
Speaker 3: I would love it.
Speaker 2: I would love I would love to host one, but I can't until I've gone to one.
Speaker 1: That's fair enough. Are you titillated by the mystery genre? He asks you. Are you're a big fan of mysteries favorites? What are your favorites?
Speaker 2: I think I like to read them more or do audio books more, And in that sense, I just whip through them so I find like an author or something keep going, going, going, so it's like a marathon. So I never remember the names of the books. I just look back and someone asked me, I'll go on my list of what I've listened to and then I'll send them this was good, I think.
Speaker 1: So the mystery for you is actually the title of the book.
Speaker 3: I like murder mysteries, or that I love that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, then let's talk about one, because we've got one for you this week. But first, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the waves, tsunamis and the high School's musical.
Speaker 3: I'm Wilford Dell and I'm Sabrina Brien.
Speaker 1: Let's get ready to sleuth people, because we're jumping right into a mystery today with two thousand and two's Lindsey lohand dcom vehicle Get a Clue the Who Done It? Which I'm calling butter knives out? Huh everybody there, Okay, forget it. I won't, I won't, I won't harp. It premiered on June twenty eight, two thousand and two, and it's remarkable for one major milestone. With one point two million viewers, it marked the first d COM debut, clocking in with over a million on its first broadcast. So hey, there's something for people. It broke the million mark. That's pretty great. This was also the third and final contracted Disney film for Lindsay Lohan, who marked her release from the three picture deal she originally had with the studio. Can you name the other two she was in?
Speaker 2: Sabrina Well, it's crazy to think because she's so much older looking than Parent Trap.
Speaker 3: But that was one. That's one was Freaky Friday another or no.
Speaker 1: No, I had never heard of the other one. It's called Life Size. Yeah, that was my reaction as well. Anyway, directly after Get a Clue came her major breakout, Freaky Fridy eight alongside Jamie Lee Curtis. Oh, apparently we are learning from producer Lisa that Tyra Banks. Oh was I okay?
Speaker 3: I know? Tier Banks was a manniquin. Am I right? She was a mannequin that becomes.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, well that makes sense with Life Size, yes, okay, which again was different than the movie we talked about mannequin with Catral that was different. Anyway. Freaky Friday alongside Jamie Lee Curtis, another Disney movie. So she didn't run for Mickey Mouse or anything. She just started doing. You know, she wasn't on her three picture deal anymore when she was doing some other stuff. This movie was shot in Wait for It People, Canada, Yes, primarily in Toronto, with exterior shots obviously in New York City. And since the movie was shot in March of two thousand and one, months before nine eleven, that means that shots with the Twin Towers included were actually edited out later. We think so after the trash happened. That happened a lot in film and right now, And the school itself, Millington Prep, was actually Bishop Straitchen School in the up North DCOM capital, So think I think we're saying that right it was school by some Bishop. Get a Clue got a lot of play in the summer of two thousand and two, ranking up a ton of reruns hoping to bank on Lohan's obviously rising star and recently, with Lohan's co star DCOM Hall of Famer Brenda Song doing press for her new movie The last show Girl, Get a Clue came up. In an interview with Bussel, Song revealed that during taping, Lohan convinced her to get a two way pager, which is perhaps one of the most two thousand's Things That Ever Existed? Lohan made Brenda save up alliver per Diem and they went together to buy a two way pager. It's a very cute Aughts specific story, to say the least. Now in twenty five, twenty years ago, the Disney Channel ran a special event for the debut of Go Figure, where viewers got to vote on their top five d coms, and Get a Clue came in second. Number five, for the record, was Stuck in the Suburbs. Number four was Got to Kick It Up. Number three was Halloween Town High and what do you think? Number one was Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Ooh.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and five, did we make the top five?
Speaker 1: Did you? I don't know. Number one Cheetah Girls, Yes, was number one. Everybody. Cheetah Girls was number one. You can go and watch Get a Clue on Disney Plus right now before we talk about it, or you can watch it later, but do not watch it while eating a now and later, because your teeth will follow. Did you know about Get a Clue before we made it onto our beautiful podcast?
Speaker 3: I did it. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I mean I I think that the title fits. I was expecting to see when it came up.
Speaker 3: A girl with there was another movie.
Speaker 2: I think it was maybe more of a Nickelodeon movie where she had like a.
Speaker 1: Big, big sleuth thing big. She had a what is that it's a magnifying glass. Yes, Harriet the Spy. Harriet the Spy once again, producer Lisa.
Speaker 2: In my mind like on the spot, onto it. That's what I was thinking it was, was Harriet the Spy. But then when I started watching it, obviously Lindsay Lohan popped in.
Speaker 3: I knew that wasn't the right movie.
Speaker 2: And I assume Harriet the Spy was like Nickelodeon or something on a different network.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was too. I do not know. I'm not even gonna pretend that I knew anything about this movie, nor am I gonna do the old fake out of like yeah I knew it. Nope, didn't know anything about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So break out your most designer outfit because it's time to find a murderer and look chic while doing it. But first let's get into the synopsis. A teenage journalist Lexi Gold, teams up the friends to solve the mystery of their missing teacher using gadgets and wit they ucover conspiracy and navigate danger to crack the case. Sabrina Early thoughts, What did you think of the movie?
Speaker 2: I man, this one, this one I liked. I was I first of all Branda songs.
Speaker 1: In it, so sure, big brand of song fan ms Brenda, big big Branda song fan.
Speaker 2: I loved her again, very similar to a character we seen, but so cute. I right from the start was like, oh, they're like dressed as little little baby sex and the city girls there, so their fashion is so you know, on this like big major platform of the movie.
Speaker 3: So of course I always love it.
Speaker 2: I love to love it, love to hate it, love to do all that with the fashion part of it. Enjoyed the music right from the start.
Speaker 3: I noticed.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, we've got some probably Robbie Neville tracks in there. And the storyline totally got me. I thought I had this whole thing figured out at the end and I went, oh, I guess she wasn't sleeping the whole time and this wasn't a dream.
Speaker 1: Okay, well there you go.
Speaker 3: So it got me, So I guess it did. It got me. It got me. I was in enough to think I knew what was going on. And didn't at the end anyway, Okay, okay, what about you.
Speaker 1: I didn't get this movie. I did not know what this movie was. This movie did not know what it was. The genre was changing like halfway through. I didn't. I mean, that's not you know, let's be honest. Lindsay Lohan, especially when she was younger, she was very good. I mean, when you can see a child actor who is just hitting beats and Kenny mote and has the great facial expressions, you know, Claire Danes was like that, you can just spot talent at a young age, and she was very, very good. This movie was weird to me. I did not know what this movie was. I didn't understand it. And then it well we'll get into it was. Yeah, it was strange.
Speaker 2: That's where I sat with it in the sense of I liked it, probably because we had Lindsay just completely like she was just the drive reenforce of the movie. So I liked seeing Lindsay, especially now that she's having like this big light comeback. Yeah, seeing her like at the very brink of everything that she was doing.
Speaker 1: Well, this was not brink. This this was no break.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying I liked her to see her back then, because there was such a huge time where you just loved Lindsay Lhan.
Speaker 3: You loved everything that he did.
Speaker 2: She was great from the beginning of it, and I think I kind of just got nostalgic about that.
Speaker 3: I think that's what happened to me. I jumped into a nostalgia of like, well, yeah, her go.
Speaker 1: This movie was very garbled to me where I was just like what, wait, what theck was that at at certain times, So yeah, okay, Get a Clue. Is directed by Maggie Greenwald, who started her career in the sound department of movies trading places in Weird Science Two Awesome Movies. She'd graduate to directing on shows like The Adventures of Pete and Pete and The Mystery Files of Shelby Wu the movie stars. As we were just talking about, one of the most famous or infamous names of that decade in Lindsay Lohan, who played Lexi Gold. Lohan, who is in the middle of her career resurgence right now, as Sabrina was just talking about, is best known for her roles in movies like Freaky Friday, Mean Girls, Confessions of a Teenage Drama, Queen, and of course, the Parent Trap. She also had a short lived pop career. At the peak of her stardom, at one point she was literally the face of Disney Studios. Speaking of the Face of Disney, the movie co stars the aforementioned Brenda song who We Love. We've already seen her in The Ultimate Christmas Present, which we didn't love that much and Stuck in the Suburbs, and we love her here at Magical rewind so much again. When we do official nighting ceremonies, I think we'll have to make Lady Brenda another member, and of course we'll have to hand out awards. We'll just have to leave them on the street, though, because none of these people would be dumb enough to actually give us their addresses. Yes, Brenda has also been seen in the TV show Doll Face and The Social Network, But to our listeners, she's best known as London Tipton, a character from the Sweet Life of Zach and Cody that also appeared on Wizards of Waverley Place and Hannah Montana. And now for one of my favorite names in the history of Hollywood, Bug Hall plays love interest Jack Downey. Bug played Alfalfa in the nineteen ninety four version of Little Rascals and has appeared on Charmed, Criminal Minds and Castle and I'm just going to keep saying bug Hall all day long because it's awesome. And then we've got legendary character actor Charles Shaughnessy who plays Detective Meanie, but to us rewinds he is Dmitri from Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire? Remember that one. He also played Maxwell Sheffield on almost one hundred and fifty episodes of The Nanny and was a reoccurring character on Madmen and in The Reynolds Coleman Chair. This week is actress Amanda Plummer as Miss Dawson. Plumber can be seen in classic movies like Pulp Fiction and The Fisher King and the Amazing Comedy Classic which might be on my top ten list of all times. So I Married an Axe Murderer, where she played a character very similar to this one. She was a mainstay favorite in the nineties. And lastly, for all the parents out there, Kim Roberts is Miss Stern. Again. We got some great names. She has a lot of Canadian credits to her name, but the most notable might just be that she's the voice of Mayor goodway on Paw Patrol.
Speaker 3: She's also my mom in The Cheetah Girls, my foster mom.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh geez.
Speaker 2: She was in another What Sabrina season. I tried to find it because I can't remember what other movie she was in. She played a teacher.
Speaker 3: Huh, how did I miss that? I said it? I said it. I said it that that's that episode. I've got to find it. I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't during my okay, smortishborg of notes that I've got for sburta see man.
Speaker 1: Well, she was also Sabrina's mom in The Cheetah Girls. Of course, your foster mom. Of course, small part.
Speaker 3: How do I have such a chance? That's a small part because she's big on the channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's done a ton of stuff and in Pop Control Get a Clue is just eighty three minutes seven below the target. But that's on the right side of history, because, as we know, a short D com is a good d com. And it was written by Alano Senko, which is a rare occurrence with the director and writer are both women. This is great. Senko was a writer's assistant on Roseanne, who went on to write for Murphy Brown and a show she created with Whoopy Goldberg called Just for Kicks and Little Einstein's.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, so even though you're alibi, clears your name. Let's break down. Get a clue. We open with credits placed over shots in New York. We see the statue of Liberty, high rise buildings, taxis, and flags. We hear a total green day punk ripoff band shouting about how things aren't exactly what they seem. You gotta look a little closer, and man, that is what you call foreshadowing. I also love a song that puts the title of the movie into the song.
Speaker 2: Get a Clue, that's what That's what I thought Robbie Neville might have gotten his hands on.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Oh apparently again, Thank you so much, producer Lisa Again. She was also He was also in Mom's Gotta Date with a Vmpire, which were.
Speaker 3: Like the one that I put down.
Speaker 1: She was an she was a teacher, She's been in everything amazing. We land at a fancy Park Avenue building than in another Disney trope favorite which we've seen eight billion times. We get a scan of our main character's bedroom. This is a common move used in d COM's and lets us know a little bit about our character without wasting any time or dialogue, And in this case, we see makeup, high pace boots, a vintage Apple computer, a chair shaped like a high heel, and now we know this girl is fashionable and cool. And we land on Lexi and she is still sleeping, but as the alarm goes off, she quickly grabs a headset like what gamers wear nowadays play Call of Duty, but this one is bedazzled in gold. Lexi logs into her desktop computer and on the other end is Jen, her bestie, and she is wearing fluffy headphones. They're excited to see each other and show off their possible outfits for the day. Lexi calls one of Jen's outfits trey cute, which I'm almost sure was in another DCM, and Jen returns to favor by calling Lexi's ensemble fabulus and yes, I just said that, Please don't make it a mean. A few minutes later, we join Lexi and her family at breakfast. We meet her dad, who's a New York Times journalist in a business suit, and her sister Taylor, who is wearing some sort of neon green spyglasses, and we meet her mom who announces she's going out of town for work. Lexi's nanny makes them bacon and this reminds us, Yeah, these peeps is rich. While scanning a I just realized that guy. I'm sorry, I just realized that the guy who plays her dad, I think was also in My Day. He plays one of the secret service agents in My Day with the President's daughter. Oh just remember that. That's why I was like. I was like, I recognize this guy. Yeah, that's where we know him from. Anyway. While scanning a competitor's paper, her dad spots a huge surprise. He notices that Lexi has a byline in the paper. She submitted it for the junior Journalist section weeks ago, and everyone is really proud to see that it was published. The story is about two teachers, mister Walker and Miss Dawson, having a secret relationship at their school. She even used her sister's spycam to catch them in the act. And while this really feels like some TMZ tabloid work, and at the first time, I was like, huh, so, everybody's proud of the fact that she's outing the secreting couple at school. And not only that, but it somehow made the paper because it's important that these two teachers are dating.
Speaker 3: Why the drama.
Speaker 2: The beginning part in the hallway was that this guy was going to get fired or something.
Speaker 3: That's right, like this students job caused him his job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no she didn't. She actually ended up costing him his life essentially. But yeah, I thought that was kind of like a oh, she's kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel. I want to sneakily take pictures of these two people that just want to have a consensual relationship. I was like, hey, she's already not my favorite with that. Their mom says goodbye, she's off on a trip. And it's worth noting here that none of this matters because we never see her mom again. We never mentioned her mom again. The fact that her mom's on a trip doesn't matter. He didn't. I was saying that.
Speaker 2: There was gonna be a big storyline with the mom and her because there's a giant eight x ten picture of her and her mom on the bedside of her that we see in the very big.
Speaker 3: First scamp her room. Something.
Speaker 2: You know, there's drama. Her mom goes way a lot. It affects her, No no, literally literally halt thanks, Ma, nod cares, the husband doesn't care, the sistor doesn't care, No one cares.
Speaker 1: And again, this is you think about Disney saving a budget. It's so easy to just have the line, well, Mom's off on a business trip, and then you don't need that actor at all. You don't need to shit that scene, you don't need to do any of that kind of stuff. So hey, I'm all for having more actors and scripts. You get to give them jobs, but just unnecessary the entire character. Yeah, it's now later that morning, we see students on their way to school, decked out in designer clothes, sporting posh handbags, and chatting on their phones. Okay, Sabrina, this is where I thought about you as I was watching the movie, because of all the fashion stuff there, and this is kind of right at your time of being. Well, you weren't in high school. You would have been what eighteen nineteen in the early two thousands, So what did you think of all the fashion and all the sidekicks and flip phones and everything else that was out there.
Speaker 2: I feel again I related to it nostalgia of like this is kind of a younger version of what we saw in Sex and the City like that was they were poppy.
Speaker 3: They were wearing.
Speaker 2: Bright, bright colors where New York when you see the outside is only kind of gray. So they're popping off the screen. The high boots for high school. Not so into feeling a little too adult and mature for them.
Speaker 1: Maybe if your mom also traveling all the time.
Speaker 2: Attire like looked to adult as far as what they were wearing. The scene where they come the second time they're coming back into school, I was like, oh my gosh, like.
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll get into that, because that made no doubt of her anyway, Well we'll get there. So yes, Lexi walks the halls. The people are buzzing about her scandalous article. She's obviously very very popular. Everybody's saying hi to her. That's when she spots mister Walker, who is called to Miss Sterne's office, and again she's Stern. I love the names again Miss Stern. And then we get Detective Meani. It's it seemed like they were almost kind of going tongue in cheek clue the game Clue where it's like Professor Plum and Miss Scarlett, like it seemed a little like they were trying to lean into the cheese factor a bit, which I'm all for, Yes, but I don't that I don't think they lean far enough is the problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I would say.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yes, so called into miss Stearn's office. She's the admissions officer, and it looks like this guy is already in trouble. Sorry, mister Walker, Thank you very much. Lexi. Another student, then a cute boy named Jack Downey, who has possibly one of the worst accents in movie history. It comes, it goes, he's got it for this line, it goes for that line. But this is also the movie of bad accents. There's three or four people. Where is that guy British? Now he's not now he is? This is this guy from Brooklyn, Now he's not now he is. It's they They are coming and going. Yes, it says the article was pure gossip. This guy comes up to her and says, what are you thinking? It's pure gossip. Lexi is, of course offended. She is an charge of the advice column for the school paper, and today's piece was a human interest piece, which is what her dad told her it was, And she's just kind of parroting what her dad says, Jack, of course rolls his eyes also with a bad accent, and takes off his eyes. He's had a bad accent when he was rolling his eyes. Lexi is, then.
Speaker 2: You're gonna give it to him, which because first of all, it was not that bad.
Speaker 1: The actor is not bad. He's personable, he's a cute kid. He pops off screen. They work well together.
Speaker 2: Tuney, But isn't that what we always get with these d coms is when we're.
Speaker 1: Like, keep it, but it's I know, but it was like I was waiting for like, youse, guys, Oh I'm gonna punch in the mush. It was like, what what the hell is happening? Anyway, Lexi is enjoined by Jen, who is very proud that her friend made the Examiner, and another boy, Gabe, is paparazzi ing them with a camcorder, asking Lexi how she got the scoop. Eventually, the girls entered their first class of the day, Miss Dawson's. Now remember she's the other teacher that was in this little tourrit affair with mister Walker. Now we're in the Millington Bugle classroom with students hard at work on their next issue. It's set decorated like an actual adult office, which felt kind of strange, like they're in the New York Times bullpen.
Speaker 2: They even have their like their cubicles are even like able to be decorated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're waiting for to be called to HR.
Speaker 2: No, didn't feel like a real classroom at all to me, I mean as far as my experience. But again, we've already seen the lockers, and you know, I think lockers are fake because I didn't have them, especially hers.
Speaker 3: With the purple boa.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When she shuts the door doesn't even stay in the locker. I mean that was just too much anyway already, And again.
Speaker 1: Did you have a school paper?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah we did.
Speaker 1: I think we did, but I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think I'm thinking of your book. No, we didn't have.
Speaker 1: Maybe we might not, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It might have on one that came out like once a month or something.
Speaker 1: But maybe they did have a journalist classroom that looked like a bullpen. I don't know, seem like all the president's men. Yeah it was. Yeah, yeah, it was very strange, but anyway, I got what they were going for. Yeah, Jen and Lexi each have their own cubicles. They're facing each other. Lexi is editing advice questions for her next assignment, as a disinterested Jack listens on nearby. It is now time for the week Who I know, right, It's now time for the weekly paper meeting like you have with instructor mister Goldbloom, who kicks it off by congratulating Lexi on her Examiner article. The group of plauds and the teacher asked the paper's editor, the cute but crabby Jack Downey, who again has the perfect newspaper guy, Jack Downey, Jack Downey Downey Daily Bugle wants him to say something, so he stands up and timithally says he's proud of her, especially since she works in the softer news area. Out what a dick. The tension between them thickens when Lexi thanks him for on the article, because it's the only reason she submitted it to the Examiner. Will there won't they? Who knows, but we know that eventually they will.
Speaker 3: They will.
Speaker 1: Later that day, Lexi stumbles on mister Walker and Miss Dawson having an emotional conversation the staircase. Lexi hides to listen in because that's not snooping, that's journalism. Mister Walker says he never wanted to hurt miss Dawson, but the newspaper has obviously caused a problem. Miss Dawson tears up and proclaims her love, but is interrupted when he breaks up with her. He says he never loved her, causing her to say she's sorry she ever met him. Out she proclaims that one of them must leave the high school now, and it ain't gonna be her. She storms off, bumping into Lexi, who is now joined by Jack, who conveniently walked by, as well a lot of convenient walk byes in this movie. They say hello to each other, which is weird because when't all the teachers be mad at Lexi? I mean, Lexi caused this, essentially, but she's getting off scott free. That night, Lexi is typing away when her dad gets home late. He praises her journalistic skills once again, but she's clearly bothered by the recent events involving her subjects. Lexi just wants to be a hard hitting reporter like her dad, and he tells her she's well on her way. It takes time, so just keep your eyes open. And investigate any hunches. She goes to bed and we have a rare good dcom Dad he's there. Mark it down that we got a good dcom pop. The mom not great, but then again it doesn't matter because we don't ever see her. She left and she's out of our lives. The next morning, we see a beije Ford sedan being pulled out of a river. Police around the scene, and one grizzly detective with the world's most ridiculous handlebar mustache looks on in concern. On the other side of town, Jack Downey, which is how I'm gonna say it from now. And Jack Downey buys an examiner and reads the headline teacher marked absent. Oh no, mister Walker is missing, which leads me to believe hopefully some time has passed, because if they're pulling the car out of the river the same time the newspaper has been written, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like they needed to say some type of a month after something, because.
Speaker 3: We later so jarring of oh my gosh, and they already know he's missing.
Speaker 2: He hasn't been missing for at least twenty four hours at this point, because that's what it came off as.
Speaker 3: This was like the next morning, So yeah, I felt.
Speaker 1: Like I felt the same thing. They're pulling the car out of the river, but it's already in the paper that he's.
Speaker 2: But she went to sleep before this. So this made me go, oh, this is okay. So this is a whole dream.
Speaker 3: This is going to be a whole all right.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: That's why we can dream the guy that's already dead, Like what, okay, this is going.
Speaker 1: To be a dream. I'm waiting for the music to break out. Where are the zombies? Where are the exactly? Back at her house, Lexi is awoken by her dad, who breaks the bad news that was Walker's car in the river, but he's nowhere to be found. Lexi's immediate reaction is to called Jen, who performs possibly the greatest move in dcom history. She's fast asleep wearing the headphones when Lexi says, mister Walker is missing, and Jen springboards up in concern and is now wide awake. And now we really this movie is well, I guess we kind of realize what this movie is going for, which is Disney meets Colombo meets Sex in the City. Yep, do you have you seen Colombo?
Speaker 3: Nope? But I know Disney, and I know Sex and Stace.
Speaker 1: I know two of the things you said.
Speaker 3: So I'm smiling none and Jensen's scoring board. That means I went, so we got it.
Speaker 1: You gotta watch Columbo. It's Peter Falk. It's great. Columbo's awesome. He very grizzled, old like seventies detective who likes He's great.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: So, okay, this is where she comes. Lexi comes to school the next day, okay, dressed in her outfit. Brenda Song comes to school the next day, dressed in her outfit. Jen comes to school. There's paparazzi everywhere. There's there's the news media everywhere, and they say, oh my god, look what's going on. Mister Walker's missing. This is terrible. Everybody's being interviewed, The extras are being interviewed out front. What's happening? I hope they catch my good side, she said, And then they cut to a pulp fiction Sex and the City. Slow moll walk through the hallway, and that's where I started going, what the actual is happening?
Speaker 2: Right? I can't get over her outfit. I'm like, where are you going in that outfit? Then she makes a comment about grieving and how and how they wear black and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, are they going for sexy funeral.
Speaker 3: School? You're going to?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what and the lace nylons and it's too much, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, I don't know. No, you know, it's too much.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the whole situation is bothering Lexi everything going on. She knows, for instance, that the river is too toxic for mister Walker to have survived, and yet the whole thing seems fishy, boom pun intended. So yes, they strut through the halls like you do when your teacher is missing. In slow motion, we then see miss Stearn, who who is also shaken up and grieving. Lexi acknowledges it's weird that the day after the article, mister Walker just disappeared.
Speaker 3: So it is twenty four hours yes after.
Speaker 1: Yes, twenty four hours later, the car's missing. It's already written up in the paper.
Speaker 3: I'm not buying it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Buying it this timeline, guys, No, it is not.
Speaker 1: And you know what else is not making sense is paparazzi Gabe hounding Lexi again, this time for answers to this outstanding mystery. This dude is really a pest. We're now in miss Dawson's class. The teacher and former lover is on the verge of tears. She can barely even talk about mister Walker when a suited cop enters. He's looking for Lexi Gold. Lexi is quickly whisked away into the newspaper office where the weathered handlebar mustache policeman is waiting for her. We get a better look at his facial hair, and it genuinely looks like a raccoon has landed on his lip. His name is Detective Potter, not Harry Potter, different people, and he also has a strange accent again that comes and goes. This is a strange accent movie. This should be called Yes, Lexi Gold. In the case of the strange accents, it's very strange. He questions Lexi about her quote unquote gossip column, asking about the Juicy Examiner article. She takes it one step further, telling Hi about the breakup she witnessed, detailing that Miss Dawson was upset and said he needed to leave the school. Detective Potter is, of course intrigued. As she leaves, she suggests that he shave his mustache. Whichess is something we were all thinking, but probably not something we tell a policeman investigating a missing person. Upon her exit, Miss Dawson enters, and boy does she have some splain in the do Lexi hangs by the door trying to eavesdrop. Of course, when Jack approaches again, Jack, I love it. Miss Dawson is getting grilled by Potter and completely leaves the breakup out of her story, making her look very guilty. So when Detective Potter brings up Lexi's story, she decides she needs to contact a lawyer. So we're now back in the hallways. Lexi feels bad that her article has caused everyone to think miss Dawson did it, but she knows that she's innocent. Jack doubts that, but Lexi is one hundred percent sure. We don't know how, but she's somehow a hundred percent sure. She is going to get to the bottom of this and it'll be her first ever front page news story. And since Jack knows mister Walker really well, she wants to team up with him. Uh huh, wink wink to crack the case wide open. These two still go together like oil and vinegar. But we got ourselves a little dcom reporter duo going on here, and I guess I'm here for it. It's I We'll see.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I mean it's you know, it's starting. It's obviously for me. It's like the cheese factor is just in full force right now. Sure, but again it's Lindsay Lohan and I'm, for whatever reason, okay with this and keeping it going with this.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough. We are back out in those New York streets. Lexi and Jen are trying on new outfits. Of course, you know, like you do when your teacher is missing. Jen teezes Lexi for liking Jack, but Lexi swears it's all just business. But of course her best friend isn't buying it. Later that day, Lexi asked her dad for some advice when investigating the story. He suggests looking into the subject's background that usually leads to some answers. Good advice for a reporter. Her dad quickly realizes that she's asking for herself, and he warns her not to get involved again. Very good advice. Maybe don't get involved in what could possibly be a murder case when you're in like the seventh grade. Maybe a good idea, but that doesn't always go well on Disney Channel. We like the kids get involved. She assures him that she's just innocently curious and not to worry. Akuna matata, she says, But her fingers were crossed behind her back when she said it. What a rascal do kids do this? Still?
Speaker 3: Why a kuna matata?
Speaker 1: Because it means no worries because she says no worries.
Speaker 2: But by two thousand and two that movie was so old that wasn't a like no movie that was out, that wasn't like something from Wicked that you repeat right now.
Speaker 3: I didn't underst stand it.
Speaker 2: I had to write on Sabartes, why the hell did she just say?
Speaker 1: Because she had just said no worries, and it means no worries for the rest of your days. Come on, And it's especially cool when they're like, Hakuna matata, your teacher's dead, so we don't know what's going on. But you're right, it was a strange attempt at synergy for an older movie. Yeah, I thought the same things. Do you do fingers crossed?
Speaker 3: No, but that happens in dcom's we see all the time.
Speaker 2: We've seen that probably now fifteen times a week because this makes.
Speaker 1: A lie not happen. Everybody knows that, like, it makes you not guilty. Nine, I didn't kill my teacher. Uh, that's not what happened. So Lexi's next stop is her little sister's room. She is a tech wizard and presses a button open the door. Her room is like an inventor's lab, surrounded by gadgets and ideas. She's like Q in James Bond. Lexi learns about some gadgets, but most importantly finds out about the corner spy shop where her sister buys this stuff. Now armed with this information, she immediately visits the shop with Jack. I love a good spy shop. There's nothing like really expensive tiny cameras you can put in stuff. I think it's fun.
Speaker 2: The first one they're doing is like a surveillance camera. I'm like, that's two thousand and two. There were definitely surveillance cameras everywhere.
Speaker 3: Why was it? She's like, ooh oh, I can't cool.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to get into the tiny surveillance camera they put on the balcony of their teachers that it was like a giant film camera. We'll get into that unbelievable. So she's impressed with all the spy wears in the store, most intrigued by rear viewing glasses where you can see whoever's behind you without turning your head. Just then Jen enters the spy shop, flanked by Gabe Gabe. Lexi's confused, what are they doing there? Apparently Gabe lives down the street from Miss Dawson and they're hoping to run some surveillance and maybe clear her name or prove her guilt, whatever the case may be. And so now the duo is a foursome returning to Lexi's place, which becomes their new headquarters, which Jack is of course wowed by because it's a forty trillion dollar apartment in New York. It's a twenty million dollar apartment all day long. Lexi immediately sets the strategy. The girls will go to the Walker's house for clues while the guys watch over Miss Dawson's place. But Jen doesn't want to go to Brooklyn because apparently Brooklyn is gross. So Lexi and Jack will go together to the Walker's place. Very cool. Oh geez, what are the chances of them being paired up again? I think that I think there might be some synergy. By the way, when I said twenty million dollars, it be twenty million dollars now. In two thousand and two it was by a seven or eight million dollars apart. It was a very expensive apartment. They're obviously wealthy people. Yes, So this is where Gabe and Jen go to set up a camera to watch over Miss Dawson from his edit bay, and they take this small little spy camera, which is just five by five is the biggestest thing in the world that they put this an inch from it is. It's truly that big. It's an inch from the window sill, and it's like, oh my god. And then he puts a plant under it, which which I thought was pretty funny to me.
Speaker 3: I'm like, they had to do that on purpose. I mean it had to be. There's no way I had to.
Speaker 1: Because it was. It was crazy. It was crazy. Miss Dawson eventually does arrive and casually starts and aerobics workout tape. Of course, that's hey, I did mine this morning, to my little my little zoom. It works. Jack finally convinces Lexi, who has never been on the subway before, born and raised in New York to go on the subway with him to Brooklyn. So after a successful first subway ride, Lexi treats Brooklyn like she's entered the Wizard of Oz's castle, and residents look at her expensive outlet like it's a chicken suit. She sees people playing the guitar wow, and even incorrectly uses a map. She's in a differ world. It's Brooklyn. It's unbelievable. And as if this wasn't enough, she bumps into as at the day. Back in the day would have been called a bum now it's called an unhoused person, and swears he's wearing mister Walker's coat. And once they arrive at mister Walker's house, they see miss Stern mysteriously exiting his place, and Lexi remembers their weird conversation in the hall the day before he disappears. Now unfhazed, the two enter mister Walker's building through a slightly a jar door. While snooping, Jack eventually finds a locked briefcase with the initials NP on it, while Lexi opens a closet door, only to be startled by a man standing behind her, and she screams at the top for lungs. We jumped to Gabe's place, where Jen notices Miss Dawson has welcomed a man into her apartment. He's carrying flowers and they embrace, and that's when they notice it's mister Goldbloom, the newspaper teacher. Remember him, right, everybody remembers mister Goldbloom. Of course you do. Back at mister Walker's, Lexi has finished screaming, and the man introduces himself as Detective Mini again, a very Nancy Drew character that sounds like he was named by a four year old friend of the writer, Very very possible. He wants to know what they're doing in Walker's apartment. Lexi swears they don't know anything about his whereabouts, and she notices his fancy watch. Jack quickly rushes them out, terrified of getting in trouble on their way home, Lexi says she knows Mini is not a detective. A cop could never afford that platinum watch, those alligator boots and a Pumoni suit. Which is that a real thing Pomoni or is that supposed to be ARMANI? They just can't say it.
Speaker 3: I think that it's supposed to be a designer.
Speaker 1: Brand that, but it's fake. It's fake, right, Pomoni is not a real thing. Okay, that's what That's what I thought too. I think it's better at least I don't know of it. I don't either. Maybe it's so exclusive that it's there's like four of them in the world and I don't know. Oh, apparently we hear from producer Jensen. Pumani is real. Oh but Pumoni isn't. Oh okay, So Pumani is real. Pumoni isn't okay. I think that all sounds like desert to me. So can I get the pomony please? That'd be awesome, research producer Jensen with all his research, I'm telling you. So it was the ultimate in chic and her New York sense of fashion has come in handy sniffing out this imposter, they decide to run a check on mister Meniat Jack's house, which is nearby and a beautiful house in Brooklyn by the way, but as for some reason treated like a shack.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I was like, why are they making this look like such a I mean, I guess because her house is so much like it is very expensive and you can tell. But still like, this is looking like Brooklyn is fine living.
Speaker 3: It's like nice. That house was cute.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was big, Yeah, a big room. The neighbors are super sweet, and it's Brooklyn. It's not like you went to the like the worst parts of wherever. Yeah, I mean it was. Yeah. So anyway, that was very strange the way they were kind of doing that. But we find out here that Jack goes to their private school on a scholarship and loves his community, which is spoken of out kind of like you'd mentioned in a dark alley. But again, it's a beautiful house, so it makes no sense. But once inside, Lexi notices pictures of Jack's brother Todd, who he says is away in Hawaii for the Navy. And he says all this while wearing a giant shirt that reads Navy, which is funny because my wife was wearing the same exact shirt to bed last night. My dad was in the Navy, and we all have Navy shirts, and she was literally wearing that same exact shirt to bed last night. That's a tangent. We didn't need that, But what the heck, I'm gonna let you in on my own little life as we do this podcast. We also find out that Todd's dad died a few years ago. We start to see the softer side of this hard shelled kid with a terrible fake accent who apparently lives in Squalor, which again none of that is accurate. His room is littered with bowling trophies, and Lexi is grossed out. She quote unquote heard you have to wear hues shoes to bowl. So are we supposed to believe that she's so rich that she doesn't know how to bowl? Has never been bowling, has only heard about bowling. I don't get. I don't get the dynamic they're going for.
Speaker 2: First of all, within this house, in this small frame of time, we fight a lot.
Speaker 3: Of information that's just freezed by. We find out about his.
Speaker 2: Brother, his dad, the bowling. Like at this one, I'm like, okay, and it's going so fast.
Speaker 1: Overload, information overload.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing, Like is that extreme? However, I feel like I can say I've been to New York quite a few times.
Speaker 3: I have never been bowling.
Speaker 2: I've never talked to people in New York about them going bowling in New York.
Speaker 3: No is bowling a big thing in New York.
Speaker 1: That's not a big thing, but it's a thing. But I mean people know enough to know what bowling is.
Speaker 2: Well what it is, but not maybe go if it's not like no, but I mean, you know how some places have different things that you do as like a cat fun night. I've never heard of people even talking about going bowling in New York.
Speaker 1: I think people in New York would know enough about bowling to know that you have to wear rented shoes to Okay, I mean again, I think it's it's not this crazy micro world of what is this bowling you speak of.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, I heard you have to wear like other people's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. It just it seems like she's just never It seems like they're really trying to push this that she's hugely fabulously wealthy and he's horribly horribly poor and he wasn't horribly horribly poor. No, so yeah. Jack sits at his old computer, which we find out was given to him by mister Walker, and immediately finds a detective Charles Meani on the web. These kids are pretty good private eyes. While deciding if it's the same Charles media they met, Jack gets a surprising email from mister Walker. It's a letter of recommendation you promised Jack. It was written four days ago but only sent yesterday. This causes Jack to check the general info on his computer and sees the owner was someone named Nick Petrosian NP. Like the briefcase, we are no closer understanding this, but it sure seems like they're happy about finding so sort of a clue. We're now back at h Q. Lexi goes over the findings with the team, from Miss Stern at Walker's apartment, to the homeless guy in the coat to mister Gobloom possibly being involved with Stern. There's a lot going on right now. Jack has found out that Nick Petrosian is a missing banker from Arizona who disappeared in nineteen eighty seven and was presumed dead after he was charged with embezzlement and fraud. They find this Nick guy's mom's address, so they decide to pay her a visit, all the while to know in shock, Lexi is starting to crush on Jack, the rugged guy from the other side of the tracks. What didn't see that coming? Totally saw that coming. Now at what they think is Nick Petrosian's mom's house, they're met by an older lady wearing a fancy brooch, who says, no one with that name lives here. She's pretty adamant, but eventually we hear a man's voice. He wants them to come in, and it's mister Walker. He is alive in this old woman's home. They found him very quickly. Leads me to believe that all the police are terrible at their jobs. How I mean it just if these two kids on this old pc could find this out in nine minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, this is one of my sabrinasis, so I'm really probably not gonna have very many at the end. But there were no cops at this guy's house that's missing, that's being reported in the newspaper, being updated, but there's no there's nothing taping it off.
Speaker 3: It's not even locked.
Speaker 2: It's like, I mean, there's not no sense of police, and it's just kind of going that's again.
Speaker 3: I'm already like, oh, well, she's dreaming something.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be. The police are so bad in this movie, it has to be a dream. Yeah. So mister Walker or mister Petrojian or whatever you want to call him, says, this whole situation is complicated. No the admits to being a fugitive banker, but he was framed. Now we jump into a flashback of him as a successful banker, now with hair. Back in the eighties. Even his boss, mister Granville, took notice of his success and hard work. But someone secretly embezzled ten million dollars from his account and moved it overseas in his name, and then before he could fix it, it was quickly drained. He had no alibi and knew the police were on his tail, so he ran off with the briefcase, faking his death as someone anonymously harassed him for the money. He took the name of a local recently deceased teacher and entered into a whole new life that he loved. Which again, wouldn't an everybody know that the teacher died if he was recently deceased, and wouldn't that pop up on computers. Not gonna get too much into it, But he also fell in love with a woman too, miss Dawson. Everything was going great until Lexi's article and photo were published. The gig was up. He instantly felt someone following him and found a blackmail note at his house. It said he had to meet this person at a hotel on Saturday at two pm or his girlfriend will get hurt. Sadly, the hotel name was smudged and illegible. This is heartbreaking because mister Walker wants to eventually marry Miss Dawson, and now Lexi wants to help. She loops her little sister on the situation, hoping for some help, turning their team of four into a squad of five. And that was the right decision because back at the headquarters, Lexi's sister goes right to work using brushes, ink and a black light like the one you used to find grosses on sheets to decipher the hotel name. It's the fair Mark and the gang is going with mister Walker to meet this thug. Back at her house, Lexi's dad knows all about Walker's pass as a Russian banker on the run. He's facing years of prison if caught, but no one knows where he is. Oh, Lexi leaves, playing dumb and takes some walkie talkies, which we know will come in handy later. By the way, they had to make these people rich because they have thousands of dollars worth of spy equipment that they keep buying thousands. The original gang of four hop in a cab, now all dressed like they're in the matrix. They meet up with mister Walker at the Fairmont just in time and equip each other with earpieces. Walker in a very conspicuous disguise, and at two pm the only part and they see is miss Dawson. Wait, what's going on here? Also they decide to hide in plane sight. And by that I mean just there. One sits in a chair next to the wall. One kind of behind a plant. I mean it's just holding the camera like an inch from the It's it's.
Speaker 2: Not the camera on it is the word the worst hiding ever, it's just their bad hiders.
Speaker 1: Ye. So yes, So all of a sudden we see miss Dawson. What's she doing there? And then guess who appears mister Goldbloom? Wait what? And then the homeless man with the coat is being escorted out by security, and then missus Petrosian walks in. Then Miss Stearn. This is where I truly thought I was going insane. I felt like this was a David Lynch movie, but not a good one. This is the gang is in all fairness. They write to this, the gang is totally confused too. Just when they think you can't get any weirder, Detective Mini shows up for the exchange. He's the blackmailer, but Walker recognizes him as someone else. It's his boss, mister Glanville from the bank. You remember him, of course you do. Glanville set him up and stole the money, and now he wants it back, but we know Walker doesn't have it. This infuriates Glanville, who lunges for the briefcase and exposes the elaborate walkie talkie system. And by that I mean a giant microphone thing. I mean it's like, oh my god, it's secret service. Yikes.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yes, he might as well had a boombox on his on his shoulder. It was bad. Mini thinks he's wired for police, so he sprints off. The kids split up and try to find him, and we enter an intricate cat and mouse chase on many, many levels. We see the homeless man still running from security. When Lexi and Jack land in the basement, Glanville throws an empty barrel at them, because of course, what you need to do is run from two seventh graders, okay, and sets a pipe trap that snags Lexi's bracelet. She's saved by Jack, who of course gets a kiss on the cheek as a reward, but now their target at this point is long gone. They hear nearby muffled screaming, and Lexi finds Miss Dawson tied up with towels. She was tricked into a free spa day, and is shocked to hear mister Walker is in fact alive. Lexi would love to stop and chat more, but she needs to stop Walker's boss pronto. The homeless man, still in that goddamn jacket, barges into a convention hall at the hotel. It is a press conference, and he's introduces someone who's spent the last four weeks undercover, living on the streets of Brooklyn, and here with his story to tell ladies and gentlemen. It's Councilman Gary I Care, Gary I care this movie. In their obvious names, the crowd erupts an applause. By the way, we have no idea who this person is. Don't know what he has to do with the movie. It's a strange acting, like the whole performance is weird. We've never seen this guy before.
Speaker 2: Oh he like if he's been undercover, he probably hasn't showered. He's like putting his hand under people's noses.
Speaker 1: And then he's like looking at the jacket like it's the most in It was just one strange choice after another. But of course the crowd erupts an applause, just as Lexi and Jack creep inside. They hear the politicians say he's learned a lot about poverty in the gross gross, gross city of Brooklyn. Of course, because Brooklyn just keeps getting on during this entire movie. Many see his coat as an accessory, but now he knows it's also a form of shelter. The coat was the only active kindness he received while undercover, when a man gave it to him for warmth, and we know that man was mister Walker. Okay, but what does that have to do with Okay, This all hits Lexi like a ton of bricks. She's realizing she's a stuck up rat, and her dad is there covering the press conference and spots her. But no time to dwell on any of that negativity. The conniving boss darts by, and Jack and Lexi run to go get him again because we need to be caught by two seventh graders. Back in the hotel, Walker's finally reunited with Miss Dawson and they passionately embrace while his mom watches on. Also, why is she there? We never get into that. In a small break from the chase, Lexi has an idea. She puts on her rear viewing sunglasses. You know the ones from earlier. You remember those, right, of course you do. Well, she wears them, and this is and this way she can see the bad guys without turning her head. And so she then spots Glanville, who hides again in plain sight, just staring behind her at a desk. Jack jumps up and slides a cart, in turn hitting an elaborate and tall cake, flinging it into the air and landing all over the bad guy. This, like any pastry Wood knocks him to the ground and knocks him out cold, because that's what cake does. Cops, led by Detective Potter, who is now sands mustache and in Lexi's defense, looks so much better, arrest Glanville, and now Lexi fills us in on everything we now know or think we know. Miss Stearne actually liked mister Walker and was jealous of Miss Dawson. So she snooped around his place to see if she ran him out of town. But also mister Goldbloom, who was rejected by Miss Dawson, now found love with Miss Stearn big Old. Another swap we got. We're swapping all over the place lately. But even with this good news, unfortunately the cops still need to arrest mister Walker. He's just as guilty as Glanville. If he really was framed, well, then where is the ten million dollars? Great question? Where is this ten million bucks? Walker has no idea. He is defeated. But that's when Lexi notices mister Walker's Mom's brooch again. It's a unique bumblebee. Lexi wants to know where she got it, and this is where we get another flashback. It's the eighties and Walker's mom is in the bank to meet her son for lunch. She notices a paper bag on the floor and found the brooch inside. She assumed it belonged to someone at the bank, but the next day her son disappeared, and she says she had no way of returning it, but she could have just dropped it off the lost and found So I think it goes without saying.
Speaker 2: She's just hiding, Joli, right, he was, so he went into hiding, so she had to like kind of disappear too, right.
Speaker 1: But somebody just left it in a bag on the ground. In the bag.
Speaker 2: That was more of my question. Why would two Why would he do? Why would why would that happen?
Speaker 1: I don't know. But this is where Lexi reveals that broach has a certified canary diamond on it and there are only thirty that exists around the world. It's flawless and worth around wait for it, ten million bucks, So that's where the money went. Mini aka Boss Glanville admits he bought it to launder the money and figured Walker stole the jewel and left. This clears their teacher of any wrongdoing and the day is saved. As a result. We see Lexi's exclusive front page article about the whole situation all in the Examiner the very next day, because we know that these papers print really, really fast. I'm amazed that the second she didn't go wait a minute, that broach, there wasn't a picture of the newspaper of her holding the brooch that was literally published the minute she said it. It's like airplane in the beginning of Airplane where they take a picture of him jumping out of the truck and it's in the paper. Really as the second they do it, you don't know what I'm talking about. To watch Airplane it great. Mister Walker is now a freeman and now he's marrying miss Dawson as the new Mister and Missus Walker or Mister and Missus Petrosian leave the ceremonies in a horse drawn carriage. Gabe once again storms Lexi with his camera. He wants to know her secret. How does she always get the inside scoop. She says there is no secret, it's just skill, and then we get a nice final moment between Jack and Lexi. She learns something from Jack. Things aren't always what they appear, like the fact that he's from smelly ass Brooklyn. But he's not smelly, He's cute. I love it. She hands him a bag. Instead of buying something for herself, she brought him vintage bowling shoes and customize them for a future date. Jenna is still grossed out about wearing old shoes, but Lexi has matured she's ready to wear somebody else's old nasty shoes. We get Lexi's final narration about how much she loves New York and if you can't find the beauty in the city, then you should get a clue. And that's the name of the movie. And also the end of the movie. Okay, well, this was a tough one for me. It wasn't awful, but it was the script was all over the place. I just didn't know what this was. But let's see what other people thought of it, and let's do some real reviews, and Sabrina, you get the fun. I'm gonna call it the fun star review because that's the fun one star review. This week, what do we got?
Speaker 2: We have a one star by Jenny two on July first, This movie is so fake. Okay, maybe there's a tad issue. I've had a bit. I've had the biggest crush on bug call Jack forever, but really this movie could have been better. And other than that, the characters are fashion freaks.
Speaker 3: What's up with that?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there you go.
Speaker 3: With like July first of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Is this no? No, here's no, here's why we're doing that name. So her name is Jenny two. And on July first, she left that one star review and now I have the five star review which was left by Jenny two on July twenty second. That's why producer Jensen finds the.
Speaker 3: Goal this is of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. We don't know what year it is. It's just we're just showing that. On July first, she wrote a one star review, and on July twenty second, Jenny two wrote this five star review. I wrote a one star review before, but I definitely want to change that. This movie is absolutely unrealistic but nonetheless entertaining. It kept me entertained, and I'll definitely see it again. If it comes out on video, I'll own it. Thanks Jenny two. I am now as confused as I was when I was watching the film. And now we come to Sabrina's favorite part of the podcast. By the way, I know everybody thinks it sounds like I dodne this movie. The entire time, I wasn't trying to. It's it's thank you for what it is. But the story was just all over the place, and it was confusing and weird, and the tone was weird, and it kept changing, and so that's what I say. But anyway, we are now up to our feature presentation made once again by producer Jensen. Uh, and it's called this week, solve this in honor of Lexi in her mystery solving ways. The two of us must work together to solve three of these five riddles. Like we're Lexi and Jake. Good luck to us. All right, So let's figure out what we're gonna do here the whole time we're doing it, all right? Is that alright with you? There?
Speaker 4: Sabrina's next sentence, you have now say in a regular voice exactly and uh.
Speaker 1: And then after that we're gonna do some cool stuff because I'm for Brooklyn or whatever's so here we go. Number one, What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years? I have a really the answer, so I'm not gonna say it. Okay, what comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years.
Speaker 4: We've gotta put time limits on these two.
Speaker 1: So okay, God, once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years.
Speaker 3: I don't know, twice in a moment.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I know what it is, Okay. I think it's the letter M.
Speaker 4: It is the letter M.
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 4: Wow on a tear to start?
Speaker 1: Here we go one for one? There we go, okay.
Speaker 4: Number I want to go like I don't know, to take a break or whatever, whatever.
Speaker 1: You want to do. It just has some answer.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Number two, which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
Speaker 3: Incorrectly?
Speaker 4: We've done it one for Sabrina, one for will, one more and they get it correct. I will, I will eat crow if this is great?
Speaker 1: Number three. Carlos's height is six feet. He's an assistant at a butcher shop and wears size nine shoes. What is he weigh?
Speaker 3: What does he weigh? Does it like meat?
Speaker 1: Meat? Would be my answer?
Speaker 4: Three for three you guys, yes, yes, the sound of celebration. Here?
Speaker 1: Should we do the last two?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Here's the last two?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Number four. When it is alive, we sing. When it is dead, we clap our hands. What is it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 1: When it is alive, we sing d the four. When it is dead, we clap our hands. What is it? Oh?
Speaker 3: When it is a five?
Speaker 1: We sing when it's dead like top our hands?
Speaker 2: Is it? Well?
Speaker 3: That's too easy?
Speaker 4: Probably may uh in praises it's a birthday candle.
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, that's interesting, all right. I like that one and number five. If two is company and three is a crowd, what are four and five? I think the answer is nine. The answer is nine.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable showing by both of you. This is truly maybe your best performance.
Speaker 1: I think I am secretly a detectively whatever.
Speaker 3: You're and Mikayla did it. We we got all of them. We got all of them once.
Speaker 1: She's going to pretend that happened. I'm not sure that's actually happened.
Speaker 4: Or I mean, number one, you didn't get all of them. You still.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: You said our best performance, and I'm saying I think we actually got all of them ones, but you weren't there to see it.
Speaker 3: It was like the one episode you haven't been here.
Speaker 1: It's a tree far exactly exactly. Thank you so much. I appreciate it, boy. And now we're gonna go to if there are any left? Are there any Sabrina sees left or did already see?
Speaker 2: I saw most of these and have said almost all of them, except there were a few, like continuity things that kind of jumped out of me that.
Speaker 3: I didn't love.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's just being super picky and looking obviously it didn't make a difference of the storyline or anything, but her red giant heel the first sweep that we get, you know, you always kind of wonder when they film those and what we're But the first sweep we see her heel pretty close to like the I guess kind of closet.
Speaker 3: Computer.
Speaker 2: And then she also like her looks like her nighttime routine right would be this like mask thing. And then the very next time we see her go to bed, the heel has moved in her room. That's a big piece of furniture to move, so that was weird to me. And then she didn't have the mask thing. I told you already. I was thinking that this was a dream that.
Speaker 1: The entire time.
Speaker 2: And then we didn't mention that the mister Meanie slash mister Detective Meanie slash Granville was our vampire from Mom's had a date with a vampire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do that just at the beginning, at the beginning, okay.
Speaker 2: And then just one of those small little things that I'm gonna always look look out for is anytime there's gadgets, is we saw what kind of eludes as an Apple watch, which I was like, oh, we got our like smart house little situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got an Apple watch in the movie.
Speaker 2: And then I think that the last thing is and I know it was a con, but I feel like there would actually be a spa at where at the hotel they were.
Speaker 3: But that was the jankis like grosses locker room for a spa. If that was a.
Speaker 2: Spot, like, I would never because you know, spa, you're like some you know, you're wearing sandals and whatever, like, oh, that place looks so dirty and nasty. So she should have left far before she got taped up and accosted.
Speaker 1: I guess fair enough.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 1: And now, of course we come to the portion of our program where we have to rate our film, and we get to pick what we're rating. I picked last time because I wanted to hear you say the word pooh. So you're gonna get to pick this time. We're gonna do one out of ten, as we always do, one of course being the worst, ten being the best. Sunday we're gonna switch it, but not today. Do you want to do one out of ten? Rich people? Bacon slices, one out of ten, lip raccoons grieving slow most struts, Ugh one out of ten crossed finger lies, one out of ten gross Brooklynites shirts that say Navy thrown empty barrels, or one out of ten stolen brooches. What would you like to do, Sabrina?
Speaker 3: I think because it was so weird, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: With the grieving slow most struts I agree with. It just felt so weird and didn't make any sense in any way, so we've got to go with those.
Speaker 1: I love it, and I'll go first, because I think he went first last time. Sure, this movie was very garbled for me, it was not awful by any stretch. I get what, I get what they're going for. I love a good mystery. There are better versions of kid mystery movies than this one. The thing that made this slightly above average to me was the cast. Forget the bad accents, which of which there were a plethora. The kids are enjoyable, engaging. Lindsay Lohan's obviously a great actor, Brenda Song's a great actor. The guys were good, the adults were good. It was fine. That's the That's the thing that saved it for me for being a totally average movie to a slightly above average movie. So I'm giving this six Grieving Slow most struts, all right.
Speaker 2: I would say the same in the sense of there was parts that were confusing, parts a little overwhelming, like I said with the House, and like all of a sudden, this just information is just getting thrown at you. And however, part of this podcast that I love so much is the nostalgia. And again because Lohan is coming out of the woodworks and she's just having this revival and I'm really really excited to see where she goes with her career, it is nice to during this time look back at one of the things she did while she was getting into her you know, her main golden hour that we've seen her in before.
Speaker 3: So I gave it a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it a little bit more, I think, And so I'm gonna do seven Grieving Slow Motion, okay, But I do have to say at the end of it might not be the greatest. It did make me want to watch Harriet the Spy because I feel like it I have been.
Speaker 3: A better version of what this movie was.
Speaker 1: I've never seen Harriet the Spy too, but I know that the kind of history of Harriett the Spy and the idea that people really loved Harriet the Spy, so I think I think it probably is a better version of this. Well, thank you all for joining us and not listening to a better version of our podcast somewhere else, and you're listening to our version. And thank you Jenny two for a one star and five star review this week. I appreciate that, and remember to subscribe to our dedicated feed. All you have to do is find Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcasts them, subscribe and follow along, and you can follow us on the Instagram machine at Magical Rewind pod. Thank you for joining us and we will see you next time. Bye bye,