Speaker 1: Welcome in What Drip with Nick Wright, Episode three seventy nine. This episode as always in fact, let me just make it so you guys can see it is brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile. If you're watching on YouTube, when I do other people's podcasts, I turn the little mic flag like this to promote my own podcast, so it's in the screen. But when you guys are watching this podcast, you know what podcasts are watching. So my friends a boost Mobile get the added visibility. A big day we have. We're gonna be doing our gambling show later today that you guys will hear tomorrow. We have a ton to do today. It is also my wife and Demons's mother's birthday, so we are going to try to be as efficient with our time as possible because Pal, I'm a little behind on some of the birthday stuff and the birthday is today, so there might be some wrapping that needs to be done, purchasing that needs to be done. There Did I did I just moments ago secure the cake? It's possible. Did you hear me on the phone to make sure? Yeah? No, No, it wasn't a social media post. It was a cake for your mother's birthday, and you know how old is your mother today? There's no way to tell, and so the yeah uh and so no, there's no way to tell. You don't believe it or not, demon's you don't know. And so there is just a lot we need to do, which is why I expected today to be a very efficient bang bang bang bang bang. And then the producers just chummed the waters reminding me about some ofpal Bill Simmons and the Ringer's latest rankings, and I cannot stay away. So before we even get to straight to voicemail brought to you by Boost Mobile, let me just address two things as quickly as I am able to. So the latest Ringer Top one hundred came out and Bron is outside the top ten, and on he's eleven, And on its face, I don't actually that is within the range of what is you know, in my opinion, an acceptable ranking. But it is what kills me is who is number ten? So let me make sure I have this right. And this is a little frustrating to me, and I think it's fair. So eleven is Bron? Number ten is durant?
Speaker 2: I knew it didn't. I didn't even see the list. I swear I didn't even see the list.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: There's just no argument that he's better, and there's no argument that he's more available. There's no argument that he's more durable or reliable. So and by the way, Steph was seven. I I don't think I I think Bron is still better than Steph. That at least, though intelligent people can disagree like all that that that is a debatable point. I don't get why like people are like, well, Bron's forty, Durant's old too, and Durant misses way more time and and so I just that that that just on its and this is not a shot at Kevin Durant. He is if he, Steph and Bron are all rewriting what is really stick for old guys in this league to do? But it is I don't get why Durant and I think this is a good that because you can do and this is a great interactive They do a really good job with these the visual pieces of these articles. But Durant ended last season fourteenth. I don't know why you've jumped at what happened where he jumps to ten. I just don't. I don't I don't get it, and again, I think Durant is unbelievable. The Rockets might be my pick to win the championship this year. This is I am not trying to beef with Durant. I just were yet to have the moment, certainly yet to have the moment post Golden State, where there is a credible evidence or even eye to based argument that Durant's better. So that's a little frustrating. The other thing they put in there was a quote from Bill where he said, if the Nuggets win the title and he wins MVP, again, I assume again I haven't listened to this. I've been so in football mode. I don't think he means finals MVP. He means regular season MVP. He's indisputably one of the ten best players ever, and so I don't think that he being Jokic is what. I don't know if I said that on the front end, I don't think that is necessarily even an incorrect take. It just though, does bear mentioning, because as you guys know, I am the self appointed czar of top tens, having to have ten people in them. If you are arguing that if they win this title, they being Denver Joker is top ten, then you are arguing three of the following people are not. Okay, bron Kareem, Michael, Magic, Russell, Wilt, Duncan, Kobe, Bird, Dream, Shaq, Steph. That is I think a pretty universally agreed upon top twelve, with respect to Jerry and Oscar and Hell, if we want to go super old school Mike in and with respect to Doctor j and Moses and whomever, that's the top twelve. So if Joker wins, I think most people are gonna say Dream is out if he's if he's in or not, so there, that's the easiest one to take out. I think Bill might say Wilt is out. I wouldn't, but I think Bill maybe would. And then then it gets a little tricky, which is who is If we're just saying Dream and Wilt are the easy outs, which and again I think Wilt's the sixth gradest player ever, but you're taking out Kobe, Bird, Shack, Steph. I don't know. So four MVPs, which is what it would be for Joker, and two rings would And by the way, I didn't excuse me when I said that's not including it, it's not including Durant I didn't even think about that, But Durant's not in the top ten. It is top tens are gonna get really prickly for people if let's say this hypothetical happens and Joker all of a sudden has multiple rings and four MVPs and has kind of elbowed his way in there, because it's not gonna be as simple as okay, we're just dropping dream who By the way, I don't have as twelfth, I have his tenth. I the list I gave you guys was the order of my one through twelve. But is Joker better than Shack? I that's it. That's a tough sell. Maybe like it's it is. Do we think he's already better than Steph? I don't with one more ring? Maybe it's the there you're going what's going to become popular demons in ten years are all time top tens that do not include Kobe or Bird And that is hard for me to wrap my mind around. But I've got Kobe eight, Bird nine, and that's with them ahead of Steph, Shack, Joker. I know some people disagree with it, So it's just that's.
Speaker 2: That's the most complete NBA players I've seen. I think he has everything. I do think he's probably going to sneaking that top ten by the end of everything.
Speaker 1: Well, he is unequivocally, I don't know if I should say it's one of the greatest. He's one of the greatest, probably five or six offensive players. Ever, I struggle a bit with the defense. Yeah, well he gets the no again. And I don't think he's like some massive liability defensively.
Speaker 3: It's not the but there's some holes on that side now.
Speaker 1: So so Duncan might be the greatest defensive player well dream post Russell. Duncan's one of the two greatest defensive players post Russell. And to me, Duncan's offense is better than Joker's defense obviously, and but offense is worth more than defense. It's tricky. It's tricky. I'm not again, I'm not here to say that's an outrageous take like Joker has earned it. It is also the other thing, just real quick that Bill Bill, when he was talking about Giannis, mentioned the fact that Yannis has only won eight playoff series, which was crazy, like to think about like that he did a builded a really good thing where he's talking about the you know, all time Playoff series one and bron has forty one, Duncan has like thirty five, Kobe I think thirty two. Again, this is Bill's thing, not mine. But from listening to it, Jordan had I think like thirty one, and he mentioned how Giannis has eight. I was like, wow, like he won four the year they won the titles. Joker has ten. So when we are again, this assumes he actually gets to fourteen because he wins four more. I have a little allergy too, saying a guy who's been passed round two twice ever and now it would be three times if they win the title, is you know we're gonna bump him ahead of Kobe Bryant, who went to seven NBA finals. Like so that that part of it just is just reflexively it feels I mean Duncan went to six finals. I don't even know the conference finals off the top of my head. That that part feels wrong. Yeah, but it maybe it's not, And so I the I I do think though for Joker, he has reached the ceiling he can get to as far as where he's ranked aps in another title, like wherever he is right now, he winning, he has maxed out how high you can climb based on individual accolades, like he is as high as a one ring player can be. And people can say that's reductive or that's silly, that it's not it's totally fair. In the it's just totally fair. And the guys are telling me Bill said he'd be there with Bird and Magic. I think Bill has Magic rated lower than I do. I think Bill has, like to me, Magic is in a slight tier above Bird, and I think that Bill has Bird and Magic in the same tier. But that okay. For a show that I said was gonna go really fast, we just spent fifteen minutes on something that wasn't even in the rundown, So that's great. We haven't even gotten to straight to voicemail brought to you by Boost Mobile, so let's get right to it. Go ahead, pal, or no, not go ahead. Brian Branch's one game suspension has been upheld. Lucas scored twenty five in his preseason debut, and the Boston Coaches beat the Boston media fifty seven to four. They said, do you think the What's Right crew could score more than four?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I think Demons could hold his own. I feel like they go ahead.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd have like fifteen alone if we I don't know what, like quarters.
Speaker 1: They were the problem.
Speaker 3: Because it's the staff, the guys X dogs.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean there's some former pros on the staff. Yeah, I mean former and Missoula was a five year D one player. The problem would be this what what's that look?
Speaker 3: I mean Joe Mizuela, yea, I would, I would.
Speaker 1: Joe Missoula played a higher than thirty games at West Virginia and he was greaty.
Speaker 2: He looked like a gritty guy. But yeah, in these days he's probably got the checkers.
Speaker 1: The word here would be the problem for us. We would, I honestly think we maybe would need you like to come off the bench if we wanted, if we wanted to, like if the whole goal was let's get to double digits and funnel it through Demanse. I think if we just started the game like that, they would just correctly be like, Okay, he's doubled at all times. The other four idiots got to go four on three and we might just be cooked. I feel like I can't prove it, but I feel like vic is probably a good athlete. I don't know that I can prove it.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: Dan and Matt are just drawn dead that these are the things I know, and so it would really we would really need the demands vic two man game to be crushing. I don't know I would have met. I think Paul's probably fine. But you know Matt, Matt, now that he's a big bougie executive, you know, is enjoying the spoils of success. And I've seen that. I've seen Daniels, I've seen Daniel's Twitter avatar picture. I just don't think he's instilling a lot of fear in the opposition. Sorry, Daniel, I mean I'm not either. For the record, who just said we've met? Oh yeah, I know no, Oh, I know that, Daniel. But I'm trying to be relatable for the audience as well. No, Daniel, he was at the Trinage years ago. Okay, we now still haven't even started the show. This is a disaster. Like great subscribe review. Please, hopefully everyone's enjoying today's programming. Let's get to the actual topics at hand.
Speaker 3: So your chiefs are looking normal again.
Speaker 2: The offense is humming where she Rice is off of that six game suspension, Mahomes is saying it's going to be hard to keep him off the field. Andy Reid's saying that he looks good and he's in shape. Are you expecting the Chiefs to kick it into a new year with Rashi Rice back? I'm expecting that sixty seventy from Holmes in this game.
Speaker 1: Oh you got a little, you got a little. I don't have a little taste on four and a half or something. I mean, that's that's what that sounded like to me. Uh So, here's what I think. I think the offense is gonna look excellent. I do want to say I don't know what's going on with Josh Simmons. It seems to be a serious personal family issue, the fact that he left the team abruptly. Andy won't talk about it. He referred it to Brett Veach. I I have no insight on this, but you know, I would not expect him to play this week. Luckily, Jalen Moore more than acquitted himself well last week, and I think he's fine in the short term. I actually think veteran Jalen Moore is probably about as maybe I'm wrong, as good as rookie Josh Simmons. Josh Simmons is so exciting because as a rookie he's been good and so it's about what he's going to be. What I do think is the Chiefs are now gonna be able to hit every quadrant of the field and Rashi Rice. I think people had forgotten what Rashi Rice was doing before he got hurt, from the playoffs through the regular season. Once he got a hang of it. And I said this on the show, I'll say it again, and then I want to actually talk about the Lions. I am not Rashi Rice is not a conquering hero returning. Okay, Rashie, if it was just he blew out his knee and he's been out a year, that would feel one way. Instead, listen, he is incredibly lucky he didn't end his career that day on the Texas Highway, Okay, And he's even luckier he didn't end somebody's life. I am not going to hold that against him forever moving forward, But I also am not going to act like, you know, this is a super feel good story, you know what I like. So he was very very fortunate that that didn't end worse than it did, and he now has to kind of earn back everyone's trust. Now that that has been said on TV and on the pod repeatedly, I now feel comfortable talking about him just the player, and from Thanksgiving of his rookie year through when he got hurt, he played nine games, not including the playoffs. In those nine games was eight seven catches for ninety yards a game, and in the playoffs he had another two hundred and sixty yards. He's excellent and he's going to play the Juju intermediate role. So Travis will have more open spaces, Rashi will have more open spaces. Thornton and Xavier taking the tops off the defense, and it's I think the Chiefs offense is gonna look fantastic. I also, however, want to talk about the other side of last week's game for a moment, which is the Lions, their media, their fans, and most notably their coach and quarterback still as of yes yesterday whining about a correct call. I've never seen anything like it that. Dan Campbell was still and I like Dan Campbell a lot, he was still yesterday complaining that they took the Jared Goff touchdown off the board. There seems to be some real it's in dispute whether or not the refs on the field got help from New York or not on it. What there is not a dispute on is that that was a penalty. It is the Lion's stance seems to be yes, it was against the rules, but the refs didn't instantly call it. Therefore it being called is unfair and to the point to where now I wish they had just gotten it, because the Chiefs controlled that game regardless, like it is a level of whining that for something that was definitively against the rules. That is odd to me. And it's not my it's it's no one's fault but your own that you didn't know that if Goff is under center and goes out for motion, he has to pause for a beat, and if he's in shotgun he doesn't. That's that's not being as buttoned up as you should have been. So it's weird to me with a game demands a Monday night against Tampa that if they win it, they are effectively back in first place in the conference, and if they lose it, they're four and three, having lost a head to head tiebreaker to Tampa and already being a game down in the head to head with Green Bay. It's just weird, all right. I want to go back to the Chiefs just for a moment to talk League MVP. This segment is presented by our great friends hard Rock. Bet all right, go ahead, pal, So.
Speaker 3: Baker has climbed to number two in MVP odds.
Speaker 2: Ahead of him is Mahomes. Those are both of your guys that are in the MVP race. We're sponsored by hard Rock, so they've created this marker for you. They've got a Baker, Mahomes or Baker to win MVP at minus one fifty or you could bet the field at plus one oh five.
Speaker 1: So here's so shout out to hard Rock on this not just making this and this market is currently available in Florida, by the way, for making this an either or side meaning I don't love when it's just when it's one way markets because then you can't tell what the fair price is. Does that make like if it's just a yes bet or just a no bet, you can't you can't get a feel for what the fair price is. When it's a two way mark minus one fifty and plus one oh five. There's obviously some juice in there because they're not the same number. But those aren't. It's not minus one fifty and for either or and then minus one fifty for no. And I've got to tell you, I think Baker or Patrick to be able to get either one of them to win MVP at only minus one fifty is a pretty solid bet. Now, full disclosure, I won't be making it because I already have this bet covered. I have Baker in the preseason at thirty five to one on hard Rock, and I have every year. It's like an annuity. Every year I bet Patrick to win MVP, and then every three years or so it pays, so so I already have them. I have these bets covered. But if you guys remember our preseason gambling show, I said, I thought Tampa was going to be the one seed, and if Tampa's the one seed, Baker's got a real shot at m VP. I didn't expect it to be this type of, you know, insanely hot start. The reason I like the Baker or Patrick piece of it Demon's is so many of the preseason favorites are just out. So obviously Joe Burrow is out. Literally I think Lamar's out, Like what the agree. Okay, I mean I think missing missing two games doesn't knock you out, but I just think being one in five, like, look, they would have to go They would have to go ten and one the rest of the way for Lamar case. Right, Okay, So then you look at the other teams that could have great records, right, Daniel Jones is not gonna win League MVP because a lot of people think Jonathan Taylor's been the best player on that team. Dan Jones been excellent, But it's just to me, Daniel Jones is not gonna be League MVP. But they right now are the one seed, right, Yeah, Rogers team only has one loss, he doesn't have the numbers, and I don't think he's going to so he's not gonna win League MVP. I you go to you know, Herbert was a trendy pick. They fell off some. Josh Allen is still obviously a viable candidate, but he's had some hiccups the last few weeks. Right, you go to the NF seat. Jaden's team isn't that good record wise, So he is and his number has been fine, but he's also miss time. He's gotten uphill battle golf. I just I don't see it. Maybe I'm like and also, the team's records fine, but you might be like Nick, the Chiefs are three and three. No, I understand that, But I also feel like Patrick somehow like has a narrative momentum going for him with getting Rashiba back. So right now, to me, Patrick and Baker, their real competition would and I don't think Jordan Loves had some crazy year. The real competition demons is Josh and Stafford.
Speaker 3: And if they start winning games.
Speaker 1: No, no chance, nuts, no, no, I mean, Dak's not gonna have a better year than Burrow did last year, and the Cowboys aren't gonna do better than nine wins like Burrow did, and Burrow didn't have a real shot at it. Stafford is viable, right, but Puka being banged up hurts his chances. Yeah, So I do think Bake you're getting basically you get Baker or Patrick at minus one fifty. I think that's legit. And if you think Baker's gonna fall off and the Chiefs aren't gonna have a good enough record, you can just take the other side of it at plus money. So that's I think that's a sick bet by our friends at hard Rock and this show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. If you love betting on sports, you just love sports and want to try betting, the hard Rock Bet sportsbook gap makes it simple plus packed with great insights, not stop promos every day of the week. Week seven kicks off with Steelers Bengals. I'm looking ahead already to Sunday in Kansas City. Hard Rock Bet stats up right here in the app. Here's what the app is showing me Arrowhead. You guys, they've won thirteen in a row at home as a favorite, their massive favorites over the Raiders and on a six game streak though of failing to cover against divisional teams. That's interesting. Maybe they snap it Sunday. If so, probably need a little help from cream Hunt, who's scored a touchdown in five straight. This is a weird one. Kreamont has scored a touchdown in five straight Week seven games. How about that? Also need Xavier Worthy, He's on a four game touchdown streak on Sunday games when the Chiefs are favorites. If you haven't tried your first bet on hard Rock Bet, there's still time for you. To get one hundred three dollars in bonus bets. If you win, just places a five dollars bet and if it hits you get not only your winnings but also an extra one hundred and fifty dollars pardon me in bonus bets. And tonight on hard Rock Bet you can get a Thursday Night profit boost for the game boost, your same Game parlay or SGP max, so your bet pays extra winnings, new promos every day. So if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out what you've got any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app today, take a look around and make your first deposit payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states, must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight to eight. Admit it. In Indiana if you are someone you know, as a gambling problem wants help call one eight hundred and nine with it, gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia. All right, demansay, let's get to some of these other games quickly, please.
Speaker 2: The Eagles are coming off that two game losing streak, the last one being the Giants, and they're head it's to Minnesota. And you went from wanting to see the passing game to then them just playing a normal game. They failed at both those tasks. What do you expect to see them? You see out of them in this game?
Speaker 1: Did this line surprise you?
Speaker 3: It's a little weird.
Speaker 1: Goals only being point and a half favorites against the Vikings team that's going to be starting a backup quarterback, a Vikings team that's been fine. But you know, I don't think as wild people. To me, that was that's real evidence Vegas is cooling on the Eagles a bit. Yeah, that that they are.
Speaker 3: They're just weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are weird, and I don't think Saquan is gonna be able to save them. I think, say the four hundred and eighty touches from last year. Is just he doesn't seem to me to have the exact same burst in. The offensive line isn't quite as good this is, and the defense is just mediocre. This is Demand's an opportunity for Jalen Hurts two show the world who he is and that that's don't clip that that sounded that that's because listen, the guys want he's literally the reigning Super Bowl MVP. But so let me rephrase it. For the Eagles to pull themselves out of this mini spiral, Jalen's gonna have to be excellent. That's what I think. I don't think they have a great defense right now, and right now they don't have a great running game. What they do have is a good to very good offensive line and star receivers, and so then it falls on Jalen to make the offense work that way, and I'm very interested to see how it goes. Do you go ahead? Do you think that's an unfair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just it just seems like none of them are on the same page. But no, But yeah, I mean, you do have.
Speaker 3: The infrastructure go ahead, so to speak.
Speaker 1: Here's the other thing, I also think if they lose, it can really really get away from them. I don't think they have. I don't think they have despite being defending champs.
Speaker 3: The that fear factor.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like the institutional maturity to not let this get out of hand. And because we saw them when they were defending NFC champs in ten and one a couple of years ago, it spiraled on them.
Speaker 3: And so it's the weird thing.
Speaker 2: They seem so distant, like they seem like a disciplined bunch, but it just I don't know they.
Speaker 1: It's just an emotion. Yeah, it's really odd. It's really odd. We'll get to more on this in tomorrow's Gambling show. All right, let's get to the old quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: Bengals and Steelers are facing off on Thursday Night Football tonight. Cameron Hayward is calling this the Icy Hot Bowl. For the only second time in NFL history, two quarterbacks over forty, Rogers and Flacco will be facing off.
Speaker 3: What are you expecting from this game? Oh?
Speaker 2: Rogers also called it a great thing for the old guys out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I think Pittsburgh will win. I think that if Pittsburgh doesn't win, since he's gonna feel like we're alive if since he wins this game, since he is sitting at three wins having beaten Pittsburgh head to head, and Pittsburgh sitting at four wins now, since he has been just the worst team in the league since Burrow went out, or you know, that's a little disrespectful to this.
Speaker 3: Yes, pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ravenstrey bad too, that is true. But I actually I expect Pittsburgh to win this game. The producers had a follow up question in here that I'm going to try to do quickly that I think would be fun.
Speaker 2: How would you how would you break down the quarterback eras of this century? Could you rank them?
Speaker 1: So? I don't know that. I'm just I think what they want me to do is rank the quarterbacks of this century. I don't know about eras, So here is this is a cursory ranking of how I would have it. And basically Brett Farve and older are not eligible, so that makes sense. So the one, two, three for this century to me is very simple. Tom Brady is one, Patrick is two, Peyton Manning is three. That to me is pretty undeniable. Four of the last quarter century. I also think number three vers. Number four is pretty undeniable. And that's Aaron. I think of the two thousands to now you're quarterbacking Mount Rushmore. Is Tom Patrick Peyton Aaron. Five gets tricky because eligible four that fifth spot and tell me in the dock, because I am doing this off the top of my head. If you guys think I'm leaving anybody out, but just eligible for that fifth spot is Breeze, Big Ben Lamar and Josh to me, is there is there anyone that I am gonna be like, Oh my god, Nick, what a terrible job that I forgot. I don't think so. I would have fifth on that list, be Breeze, I would have sixth on that list, be Big Ben. Oh there is one guy that is well, I don't hold on. I think is Kurt Warner older than Brett Farv. Kurt Warner is born in seventy one. I'm gonna Brett Farv was born in sixty nine, So Kurt, that makes it okay? Tom Patrick, Peyton, Aaron, Breeze, Ben, Kurt Warner, Josh Allen Lamar, and then number ten I'm gonna put Stafford and just so that would mean just missing the cut would be Philip Rivers, Cam Russ, Matt, Ryan Eli. Those are the guys. So that's how But I think Aaron listen, Aaron, Aaron. Maybe Aaron had an opportunity to be at least to pass Peyton and to be the guy that Patrick was chasing before he got to Tom, or before he gets to Tom. But Aaron, Aaron didn't have the postseason moments for it, like Peyton's final one in Dinner. I actually don't think that moves him. I'm not going to put him that. To me, he wouldn't jump him above Peyton. And like I think there is a gap between Peyton and Aaron, it would make it closer. He'd listen. He certainly wouldn't be ahead of Patrick and Tom's Tom. But I and I also think everybody has Aaron ahead of Breeze and Big Ben. I just think he's firmly fourth of the two thousands. I think it's very difficult to have him ranked anywhere else. Hey, guys, you ever notice how everything keeps going up? Rent's going up, streaming service is going up. Your favorite burrito spot suddenly thinks should charge a little extra for Salza. But with Boost Mobile, you and your phone Bill, don't have to play the will this go up soon? Game? Why? Because Boost Mobile is unlimited talk, text and data plan at a price that will never go up. In fact, same price you will pay for life. So switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that'll never go up. Only at boost Mobile. After thirty gigs, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars per month as long as they remain active on the boost Unlimited plan. All right, demanse, let's quickly get to three other games here before we do our gambling show for tomorrow. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: So you're Jags R headed back to London with they always win to face the Rams you put Jacksonville, and they're probably not good enough here to win a Super Bowl. So is your love fading for them? What's going on there?
Speaker 1: No, I listen. I just think that they haven't been good enough and it's disappointing because a lot of it has to do with the fact that Trevor and Travis haven't been as good as they need to be. I know they have a good record, and you know Trevor had the great moments against Kansas City and then actually had a good stat line last week, but they scored twelve points against Seattle and Travis. Instead of being you know, one and a half players, they're getting the production of like three quarters of a player. So that to me concerns me for the Jacks. I'm also the Rams offense only scoring seventeen against Baltimore, it you know, flagged to me. Now, part of me feels like the Rams went into that game feel with the stance of if we don't turn the ball over, we cannot lose. So we're gonna be very conservative, very cautious because Cooper Rush is not moving the ball in this defense, and that was correct. So if that's the reason that they were the first team not to just move the ball at will against Baltimore other than the Browns, then that's fine. But Pooka might miss this game and he's wildly important, So to me, this is a This is a nice litmus test for both of these teams. Both of them sit there at four and two feeling fine about their record, but also probably feeling we can play a little better. And my lean in this game would be that the Rams can get it done. With that said, the Jags are way more used to this trip and it's a much shorter trip for them, so that concerns me a bit.
Speaker 2: Next, that's the Cowboys season has gotten off to a rough start. Jerry Jones is still hopeful, though, that offense is humming, and they play the Commanders this week.
Speaker 3: We're coming off that brutal loss to the Bears.
Speaker 2: Is it crazy to say that thirteen seed Cowboys are still a feisty team.
Speaker 3: This might be a pretty good game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, no, I don't think it's crazy at all. I do think the Cowboys are dead to make the playoffs. But I also think because the offense has been so good they can beat anybody, and George Pickens playing the best ball of his life. They might get CD back this week, they will get him back, if not this week, the next week. And that Dak is playing great and the passing offense has been e lead. The defense is just so bad that they have to score thirty five points Washington. On the other hand, de manse, if they lose this game, it might be good night. And I know that sounds premature, but they're right now twelve. They're three and four. I'm sorry, they're three and three. With a loss, they'd be three and four, and their next three games might be the toughest three game stretch anyone has in the NFL all year at the Chiefs home for the Seahawks, home for the Lions. So this is a literal must win for the Commanders, all right? Last one?
Speaker 3: Uh so you called the Colts.
Speaker 2: A legit good team of there, they haven't really faced any great teams. They got the Chargers coming up, who are also riddled with injuries. Is there a chance the Colts are still closer to the twenty four Saints than the twenty four Vikings.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, and break away.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just have just absolutely get slaughtered on my Colts preseason bets. And no, I mean they have a legit offense. The defense isn't as good as the number suggests, the offense is excellent, and I you know, I think they will likely go to Los Angeles and beat the Chargers. And I did not see this season coming for the Colts, but I have to give him credit. All right, let's get some listener questions.
Speaker 2: Pal Brett asked, Nick, is it really true that you've never seen that you've never seen rounders? That'd be like a pro am golfer having not seen happy Gilmore and also, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 1: No, it's not true that I haven't seen Rounders. Wilde just says that for some reason because he thinks it's funny. Not only have I seen Rounders, I'm good friends and play cards with the guy who wrote it and created it, Brian Koppleman. So like wild just says it because he's an idiot. All right?
Speaker 2: Next, uh, no, ask do you think Brady Payton Aarro was more fun to watch her?
Speaker 3: Mahomes Alan Burrow Lamar.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing about Brady Peyton. It felt like a fair fight and they split games. Like Peyton was three and two in the playoffs against Tom. Tom won the first two, Peyton won the last three. Patrick being four six and one against those three guys combined and having one, one, two, three four straight against them makes it it's fun for me, but it's not as compelling. Why are you shaking your head? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know, like it's like hard not shake my head. Yeah, it's fun for you, and they're good matchups, you know.
Speaker 1: Like that. But my point is Brady Peyton, Big Ben, they all beat each other right like that. That and that's just not what we've gotten so far.
Speaker 2: Next, Danny Asha, the Raiders try to reunite Russ and Carol at the trade.
Speaker 1: That's the rudest thing anyone said about Gino in ten years. No, they should not.
Speaker 2: Next Scott asked, you agree that because they don't play in preseason games that the first four through six games are not near as good as they are before when they played in preseason games.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, absolutely, and I think teams are. It's also why it didn't happen this year. But typically teams like the Chiefs that have really tough training camps are usually better than the rest of the league in September because they're actually ready to play football. All right, Reminder, everybody like rate subscribe Review, We're gonna stick Demonsay and Aragon and stick around and do our week seven gambling show. You guys will get that in your feeds tomorrow morning. As long as you are you are subscribed to the pod. Thank you to all of our each sponsors, hard Rock, Bat Boost and of course Zen. Thank you to the Volume and the Blue Dock. Talk to you guys soon. What's right