Speaker 1: Although today is really busy. We're hosting the podcast awards.
Speaker 2: So you're hosting the podcast.
Speaker 1: Awards, and we squeeze you in.
Speaker 3: We're in Austin right now, about to hop in a hop in a bus over to the theaters.
Speaker 4: Oh that's why you guys couldn't record in person. I was going to say, I was trying to find a time in Los Angeles. I just got back from Los Angeles yesterday, but I figured I was only there for the weekend, so.
Speaker 1: That you also haven't recorded since since before the And.
Speaker 3: I mean we have like once or twice, but it's like we what it was actually last year at south By, we like recorded in the same room and it was like so weird. Let's just like go to our own hotel rooms and like do zoom. We're used to the delay. I can't keep up with Miles without the delay, you know. So now we're we're in I think Jack might literally be mere feet below me in the on the separate floor.
Speaker 2: The way it should be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it should sound as stale as most of the recordings.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, seventy nine, episode two of.
Speaker 2: Der Day's Eye Geist. It's a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: It's a podcast where we take a deep dive into American share consciousness. That it is Tuesday, March eleventh, twenty twenty five. Hell, what a Monday it was yesterday? Mm hmm, glad it's over checked. You should y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know, just got the hostess with the mostests on the iHeart Podcast Awards.
Speaker 1: But hey, let's not take the focus away from today.
Speaker 3: Three eleven Okay, shout out to my favorite rap rock group, three eleven because.
Speaker 1: Amber is all I can figure parts right now?
Speaker 2: What's the three eleven one?
Speaker 1: Amber?
Speaker 2: Who? Amber is the color of your energy?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: What's the other one?
Speaker 1: Down?
Speaker 3: Down?
Speaker 1: Down exactly? I want? Like, that's how the dude was rapping?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: You know that? Do you know why they're actually called that?
Speaker 2: You know? K eleventh eleventh K I know.
Speaker 3: And they had to come out and be like, dude, we are not on some KKK ship.
Speaker 1: That was like the of the New York Public Service Public I think it was.
Speaker 3: Something about like the school they went to a Nebraska I think they're from Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Or some ship anyway.
Speaker 3: Ask It's also National FUDO Director of Mortician Recognition Day, National promposal day. Don't be racist out here with some fuckery with your prom polls.
Speaker 1: In fact, fuck it. I don't want don't do stuff ship.
Speaker 3: You know people always like, yeah, the people always do some black face that ship. They were like, I should be picking cotton, but instead I picked you for you know, I love that.
Speaker 2: I knew exactly what you were talking about, and you were like, don't do the racist stuff.
Speaker 3: There's always so know why this is like, this is like white kids first dabble into like edgy racist ship thinking it's all.
Speaker 2: And so they just go right to racism.
Speaker 1: Well, I hear it all the time at home and it's acceptable.
Speaker 3: My mom think thought this was funny when I workshopped it with her national worship of Tools day.
Speaker 1: This is so wild.
Speaker 3: Okay, shout out Tesla owners and national Johnny apple Seed Day. All right, well, shout out to Johnny apple Seed. My son was asking me like the difference. He was like, what they are like some myths that are real?
Speaker 2: Right? He was like, like.
Speaker 1: The guy with the giant blue ox, that's not real.
Speaker 2: I was like, correct, he was like, but Johnny.
Speaker 1: Appleseed is real. I was like, I guess kind of sounds like it shouldn't be. But yeah, I mean, just a guy playing a bunch of apples, dude, I mean, what a superpower to have. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host, mister Miles Great, Miles.
Speaker 3: Great, AKA, you've got a fascist car. Elon's a man who's boot you can lick pusting down to Tesla store. France knows how to deal with old legark shit.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Shout out to hanahamic View for that one.
Speaker 3: Fast I was also I heard like a country version of Fast Car while in Austin and that felt violent. Yeah, just like, yeah, I've got a Fireou's car or and I'm like, hold on, who's.
Speaker 2: You just have a Southern access singing it?
Speaker 3: No, this was a full on there was slide guitar in everything. This was the country version of Fast Car.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Texas Baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and I guess, oh, I think it's the Luke Combs version. Probably that's the first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the one, doesn't he the one who like did it at the Grammys and then brought out Tracy Chapman and by comparison. Everyone was like, Tracy Chapman is the greatest musician.
Speaker 2: Of all time. Yeah right, people, I guess had.
Speaker 1: Only heard his version, and we're like.
Speaker 2: Whoa, that's so fucked up.
Speaker 3: Oh that makes sense, okay, so right, that was the reason the revival happened. So I guess hearing it now knowing, I guess as a as a millennial from born in the eighties, like I know the original work, it's just again, hearing it was upsetting. So let's just let the Tracy Chapman version bangl but.
Speaker 1: Remake as like remake that most fell short of the original, you know, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, the girl put your records on like what viral during the pandemic, but the cover band what viral? Like it was at They were called writ Momney or something. And I think I think we just need to make covers illegal. Like if you love this song that much, just tell your followers is stream the original?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. There has to be like a guilt. At a certain point, you're like, y'all please, it really isn't me, it's it's the original work. Yeah, literally, sorry I did that.
Speaker 2: Oak Ja Bryan.
Speaker 1: That doesn't work to the village rit momney was a pretty good one. Miles were thrilled to be joined in air a third seat by a hilarious comedian who's about to make her off Broadway debut with her stand up show How to Embarrass Your Immigrant Parents. She's also the creator of Emily and Paris.
Speaker 6: It's Abby govern Da.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Hey guys, I'm so excited to be here. Not the creator of Emily in Paris.
Speaker 4: That was just a massive information campaign, man, that was extremely successful.
Speaker 2: So what happened you after?
Speaker 3: After Emily in Paris was somehow nominated for Best Comedy Series at the Golden Globes, you just were like, hell, yeah, I created the best Comedy Series, and like started saying some wild shit about Emily in Paris. And this is the tweet February twenty.
Speaker 4: The original viral was like, as the creator Emily in Paris, I just say, why the fuck were we nominated for a Golden Globe?
Speaker 2: My curse? Yeah, yeah, why the were we nominated for Golden Globe?
Speaker 4: I made that show as a frank and then like several news that lets like tweeted it as if it was real and I got reached out to by like the BBC. I talked about it in my solo show. Actually it's a lot of fun and it was a lot of fun, Like it was a very fun month that that went viral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were like a prank.
Speaker 4: Whoa yeah, yeah, I like got back to the past and the crew and the actual creator.
Speaker 2: It was insane, like it's it is really funny.
Speaker 4: I was like twenty two and living with my parents when this went viral.
Speaker 2: It was in like twenty twenty one. The BBC is on the phone. Yeah, then that's it.
Speaker 4: It was just like this show is so bad that people earnestly thought that like some twenty three year old who lives with her parents like made the show. Yeah, it was really it was a fun time to be on the internet. It was it was like free posts woke, Like it was fun to still be on the internet. Like being racist still had consequences in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Days, remember that vaguely now now.
Speaker 4: Like if you're racist on the internet, they hand you like a two hundred million dollars podcast deal and like a TV series. Back in my day, back when at the peak of woke, there used to still be consequences for being racist.
Speaker 2: That was fun. Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 4: You tweeted a slur and people would like tweet out your home address and like text your high school and like, you know, make sure make sure you didn't get hired for a work for another decade. Now, Like you tweet out a slur, you get a million followers and a podcast deal.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, it's crazy work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're like, hey, man, do you want to be the new face of Black Rifle Coffee?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally, why not?
Speaker 3: I just like that one of the tweets that you did in that sort of string of the Emily and Paris off. Yes, I am an Indian woman who created a show about a white girl in Paris. Why would I care about telling diverse stories when I can tell not diverse stories and make twenty million dollars from it.
Speaker 2: You guys did your research. This is hilarious. Is so funny.
Speaker 1: All right, Abby, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about today. We're going to talk about poor jd Vance getting her asked by people that he had to walk three miles to talk to and We're going to talk about Trump comparing himself to Elvis, which I think is the first apt comparison he's made between himself and a historical figure. We'll ask the question whether being a fascist asshole could possibly be bad for business in certain consequences. Certainly not in most circumstances, but maybe in the tesla version of things. So we'll talk about that, and we'll check with Mickey seventeen the Loungeon Hose new movie. I didn't see it yet. It came out. It didn't do bad, but it didn't do great, considering that it cost one hundred and eighteen million dollars to make. So we'll talk about that as compared to next week's big movie, The Electric State from the Rousseau Brothers, The brother Beyond the Aventure Movies. That one's at twenty three percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 2: And it costs like three hundred and twenty million.
Speaker 1: To me, it is one of, if not the most expensive movie of all time. Oh, oh shit, do you have a new Cutthroat Island?
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, we might, we might have you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been a while for Sabboths Cutthroat Island. Yeah, But before we get to any of that shit.
Speaker 6: Abby.
Speaker 1: We do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Oh, I looked up young Joni Mitchell. I did not know who Joni Mitchell was. And I have a defense.
Speaker 4: So, like when I was in middle school, in high school, I used to get made fun of for not knowing classic rock or like any of those rock folk bands. Like my friends were really big fans of like Kiss and you know the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Definitely, And I didn't know this.
Speaker 4: And then I realized as an adult that the reason I didn't know those bands is because my friends parents grew up in America, And so your parents grew up in America.
Speaker 2: They were kids. When they listened to that, they put you onto it.
Speaker 4: When you're growing up with them, they're like, oh, this is what I listened to when I was twelve. My parents are immigrants, like they grew up in India, So my parents were fluent in English when they immigrated here, but there were certain things that they listened to NonStop to help them master conversational American English because they learned like British English in the schools. So like my parents when they first immigrated here. They had the Britney Spears album, they had the Backstreet Boys album, and they watched Seinfeld and Friends NonStop to like see how Americans talk to each other. So like back I know that there was a Backstreet Boys versus in Sync like war in the nineties and everyone was seen in sync. I was seen Backstreet Boys because that album was like on repeat in the car.
Speaker 3: Which Millennium, Yeah yeah, that one, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So I was so anyway, Amanda Seyfried went on Jimmy Fallon and She's in California by Joni Mitchell and it's a beautiful song.
Speaker 2: It was my first time hearing it ever, like a couple of days ago.
Speaker 4: And then everyone on Twitter was like, Amanda Seifreed needs to play Joni Mitchell on the biopick, And.
Speaker 2: I was like, who is Joni Mitchell?
Speaker 4: Like every now and then, like some like classic rock or folk singer goes viral on the Internet because everyone's like, oh, who's going to play them in the biopick? This person that we all know and are familiar with. And I had never heard of Joni Mitchell before I had this was my first time here one of her songs. So I did like an extreme deep dive on her a couple of days ago, and I'm impressed. I have to say, Amanda Sidford should play her and the biopic. Also, her songs are just very beautiful. And of course I listened to a lot of folk songs that come out in like the twenty first century, and it was cool to listen to Joni Mitchell's songs because I can hear the kind of origins of modern folk music obviously go back to like Jonie's songs that she was releasing in the seventies, eighties and nineties.
Speaker 1: Wow, we're getting a lot of like young actors performing folk song.
Speaker 2: Like it didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Timothy Shallomet performed like a Bob as Bob Dylan on Yeah Bob.
Speaker 4: Dylan, another person that I didn't know until like people started talking about him last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were both good looking people when they were young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Well shout out to the Backstreet Boys, I think correctly. I think he three judges the Backstreet Boys favorably over Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, did Amanda Seipfried when she was performing with Joni Mitchell? Did she do it when Joni Mitchell did blackface or the other.
Speaker 2: Time Joni Mitchell did blackface. Yeah, bro, yeah, I kind of loved to do it. I feel like a couple of times.
Speaker 3: But she had a character that she called art nouveau, what she called her black face character.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, yeah. She picked up Joni Mitchell for me so quickly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, it.
Speaker 3: Was the music bangs, but there was there's a there's a whole I'm like, pretty sure's a whole Wikipedia section.
Speaker 2: Ok, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: See this is why you like when you're When I'm a fan of a white person in their eighties, I'm always like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, here's praying.
Speaker 4: Let me go in the Wikipedia controversy section and hope that it's not too much of.
Speaker 2: A war zone in there.
Speaker 3: In nineteen ninety four, where she told the La Weekly, I write like a black poet. I frequently write from a black perspective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she's basically black, so that she should get to do it, you know, to get to fill the black face. I feel, yeah, yeah, you want to Ji Mitchell great black artists. I think you're right though.
Speaker 3: That's an interesting point about like, because when I got to middle school and everybody was into the doors and led Zeppelin, I was definitely starting from zero because my parents were like into Billy Joel and Shade, and like I never they never played like classic rock for me, that was just like not a thing that existed in our house. And then and then like yeah, got caught up, But that that is kind of an interesting idea of like, yeah, what your parents were into does shape.
Speaker 1: Like your whole kind of background of music. Now I only listen to you know, shitty R and B from the eighties.
Speaker 2: Now listen to Billy Joel and.
Speaker 1: All right, Abby, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated?
Speaker 4: I am listening to a lot of South Asian musicians who I just don't think get their flowers enough. Like I think that there's just so many talented young musicians who are sonically just taking.
Speaker 2: A lot of risks, and I feel like it.
Speaker 4: I feel like I have bought in early if that makes sense, Like I feel like I'm buying apple Stock in the eighties by being fans of these people on you know, Spotify when they have like ten twenty thousand monthly listeners. There's this one musician whose new album I'm obsessed with. His name is b J the Music Man, Like that's his like stage name, and he has this amazing album that just blew up to like two million, three million streams kind of not kind of out of nowhere, but two million, three million streams is like really really impressive for your debut album. But the song, I mean, the album is just that, like every song is just like so pleasurable to listen to. You can tell that there was a lot of intention and care into the crafting of the song and the production of the music. And I love him, Like I hope he blows up and gets the TikTok fame and the Spotify checks and the accolades that like so many other young viral musicians get to experience now, Like I'd love to see like a young Indian dude get those kinds of accolades, you know. So I'm like really excited for his career and seeing where he goes.
Speaker 1: V J VJ dub music man. Yeah, yeah, all right, yeah, you're you're you're jumping in early. Like his SEO isn't very good even like he's.
Speaker 4: But it's about to be better. I mean, I've given all of that this episode, oh I hope. So, I mean given all about the fact that his debut album is so streamed is just like so impressive to me. It's called mind Altering Substance, and it kind of every song is I believe. I saw on his Instagram that he like studied psychology or pre matter something, so he has an extensive knowledge of the brain and so every song is meant to evoke like some sort of brain sensation.
Speaker 3: Really cool, Yeah, I liked I like this sort of style of like like these Indian artists, Like he's using his background with like, you know, studying the brain his music. Then, like you know, when that dude Hanuman kind had that fucking track blow up over the summer, like, I'm like, it makes sense for a guy with a finance background to then be rapping like on some ball or ship. He's like, well, obviously I'm stayed with finance, so I'm going to learn how to stunt that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is from Houston as well, so that's cool.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I think there's definitely I think they're on their way, well on their way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that why so many rappers are endorsing Trump now? Is because of that connection between finance and.
Speaker 4: Maybe Hanuman Tide got in trouble for performing for Nrandra Modi who is the Trump of India? Like if yous, like if you took Donald Trump and made him like a hundred times worse and and like everyone was kind of like, hey, like your music is literally about like one of your.
Speaker 1: Lyrics the state hip hop bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah exactly. I mean the India rap scene is really cool. Actually so v or divine. I forget how it's pronounced as like one of the big rappers to like make Indian rap mainstream. And what happened is there's something called the cast system in India, and people who were born lower casts are just kind of cast to the side by society. I mean, lowercast people are more likely to experience violence, more likely to experience like police brutality and stuff. And so rap was kind of a very serious art form in that of you, which is the slums of Mumbai. And so a lot of these rappers came from the slums of Mumbai because they were talking about like all of the discrimination that they face in their music. And the Indian rap songs are all in Hindi or Marati like their local languages, but you can really hear the sounds of how Black American hip hop, you know, inspired Indian rap, and then Indian rap hit the world stage when the Bollywood movie gully Boy starring rend Vier Sing. Rend Verer Sing is like this heart throb in India that everyone's obsessed with. And the movie and the soundtrack were both produced by NOV. And so that's really cool that NOV, who was like a pioneer of rap music in the United States, then decided to go to India and help them like make the art of rap mainstream there as well, and so to kind of become a famous rapper. And he you know, he's from Houston, but he got signed to an Indian music label, like he was producing rap in India. But to then like go and perform for Neurandermady. Everyone was like, come on, dude, like this is not what the art form of and like you know what rap is.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh what's Oh really, all the great hip hop artists perform for their shitty leaders.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Look in America you have net New and Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 6: Yeah exactly, Yeah, was.
Speaker 1: On Fuck Trump and he's performing for Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, let me say, like a Vibe shift just sixteen in twenty twenty four is like insane, like Oscar Dilla renta dressed Share advance, and all those big fashion houses were like testing in twenty sixteen. They're like, we're not dressing their Republicans. Now all of them are dressing their republic It's so crazy to see.
Speaker 3: We're gonna see some long ass ties on the runways this year.
Speaker 4: Am I gonna get you guys in trouble by the way for talking politics?
Speaker 1: No, no, that's kind of what we do.
Speaker 3: No, you perfect, Like you said, you've listened to this show. We've we've been all we get ourselves in trouble.
Speaker 4: I mean, let me say, liked in politics is like so controversial. So I'm so sorry in advance if I get you death threats because of this.
Speaker 1: Oh no, well, the music side of it, I will say, this is exactly what what I look for when we have somebody on who is you know, young enough to be my daughter? It's it's cool to be put onto like a new world of music that I knew nothing about. So yeah, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: That's very Yeah, of course, Wait, am I young enough to be? You did say that you had a son?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got two of them in thirty eight. Yeah, they're thirty eight years old. But yeah, you're you're technically I mean, yeah, forty four and you're twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, right, I'm twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven, you're twenty two when you did the Emily in Paris in Paris.
Speaker 2: All right, sorry, I got that number in my brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my brain don't work so good now on account of the forty four seventeen Yeah, I possible. What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: I mean it's not overrated, It's like decidedly not overrated. I just haven't watched Separance yet, so I just like feel left out when people are talking about it. But now it's like everywhere people are like, oh I checked in the Luman, My Audi is like this, my India is like this, and I'm like I.
Speaker 2: Gotta just get you know, I just I got to just get Apple TV.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, like with every other streaming service, I just like text my friends like, hey, can I have your password? But I guess Apple TV is the one that they make it pretty hard to share, Like you.
Speaker 2: Have to like you really have to get your face.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's Apple TV to FaceTime somebody and watch it off their TV and they'll FaceTime in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, easy Yeah, Apple TV I think is overrated, but I should.
Speaker 2: I should get it, Like it's the only reason it's overrated to me is because I don't have it.
Speaker 4: And you know, everyone's ted Lasso didn't work on me. Like everyone was like watching and obsessed with ted Lasso, and I was like, and I survived ted Lasso in the sense that, like I went through that press cycle and I didn't get Apple TV.
Speaker 2: So I was like, man, if a TV show is like.
Speaker 4: Gripping and genuine as head Lasto doesn't get me to, you know, sign up for Apple TV.
Speaker 2: Wait, lost me truly.
Speaker 4: But Severance, like my friends like live and Die by Severance, Like I have not heard a single negative thing about Severance, So that's gonna be the one that gets me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like, yeah, I I generally am like a month late at least on shit like this, so I'll like let it happen.
Speaker 2: And then if.
Speaker 1: People are like, oh that actually they like stuck the landing and everything's good, but you do miss out on the highs and lows of everybody. Yeah, they were like that last episode sucked, it ruined the thing, and then like the next episode they're like they actually redeemed the last episode, We're well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've preferred a wait until like a show is out completely so that because I remember when my friends were really into severn in twenty twenty two and then they had to wait three years for season two. Like I would much rather just like sit down and watch it all at once then go through it with everyone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Especially it has like a mystery box element to it where it's like it's like Lost. I feel like Lost really shaped me in this way. Like I I quit on Lost, right. I think it was the second episode of season two. I was like, Oh, they actually don't know what they're doing, Like they don't know the answer to all the questions that I want answers to.
Speaker 2: And I was right for that.
Speaker 1: So now I will quit on a show so fast. I will just yeah the I'm the most die easy fan in the world.
Speaker 2: When it comes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was like, let it go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too precious, but yeah, Severan's really having a moment right now.
Speaker 2: Is it? Are you done with the season or is it still coming out? It's still coming out, goddamn. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I will say the first season was I think one of the better seasons of TV that I've seen so shout out to Severn.
Speaker 2: Miles.
Speaker 1: To your point, the filmmaker Ben Steeler has said, the way that it's intended to be watched is uh via FaceTime with a friend showing you their screen on face time.
Speaker 2: I think, okay, you see it, well, you won't turn it up.
Speaker 3: Hold on, yeah, I mean yeah.
Speaker 1: He's the director of U. I think he directs most of the episodes, right, he's definitely like the creator and directed some of them, like including the pilot.
Speaker 2: Good to Know.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, you'll see a lot of Zoolander in there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, a lot he directed. What else did he direct Zulander? He directed Zoolander Tropics under Reality Bites is a weird one. He directed Reality Bites, like the most nineties ass movie where they're just like like, yeah, he directed Cable Guy.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk some news.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 1: We're back. And the fallout from the Trump administration abandoning their partnership their ally Ukraine has continued. It's just it's not that popular. It's not that popular. I'm not in my head this morning, before we even started talking about taking a shower, singing, I just wake up with the randommest ship in my head, and I was also I had an in Sync song in my head this morning, looking weird. No rhyme or reason. I was listening to n Sync last night. It's just comes comes up in my I like that. You're saying that as if you were listening to in Sync last night.
Speaker 3: You're like, I was not listening at none.
Speaker 1: Read the allegations around me listening to n sink last night.
Speaker 3: Uh that's not I'm just saying I must have spent a little more time on you, dude. So anyway, Yeah, over the weekend, Dad Vance sorry Jadie Vance, woke up to a group of protesters near his home in Cincinnati that were again not pleased that he continues to be a skin bag made for regurgitating Kremlin talking points, especially when it was, you know, talks about stuff in Ukraine and you know Trump is already freezing intelligence sharing with Ukrainians, and you're like, what the fuck is going on? He's like, but that's almost done, because Zelenski did apologize, but also Loki, I am helping Putin.
Speaker 2: Let's not get it.
Speaker 3: Fucked up, so but he has to continue to act like there's this other struggle happening to sort of justify why he's trying to give Russian some kind of Russia some kind of tactical advantage. But then a lot of Americans are still under this belief, you know, from the movies and you know the propaganda over the years that America stands with its allies. You know, we stand with there the same way we expect those allies to stand with us when we do illegal wars in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Stand by us.
Speaker 3: And the willing, yeah, or Coalition of the coerce, I don't know, whatever it is they got involved, sullied their images, such a weak ass name to the Coalition of the Willing, Jesus, that's the best you they're willing to go along with this. Yeah, it's like I know, I invited like seventy people to my birthday party, but shout out to the three homies that came because your parents felt bad for me.
Speaker 1: I call this the Coalition of the Willing. They should have like gone with Coalition of the Rider dies or something, but they want like coalition of the Willing, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the empire pros I think maybe that would have worked better, bros. But anyway, they weren't happy about what's happening with Russia or the America completely, just doing a one to eighty on everything. And you know, jd Vance had an interaction with some of these people. This is how he described his interaction with some protesters. Quote today while walking my three year old daughter, walking my three year old daughter, Okay, a group of Yeah, this is a tweet that he put out of leash.
Speaker 2: So it's actually not as bad as it sounds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's in general, he thinks people need to be walked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, they always like to walk at night. I don't know what's going on, but anyway, he goes. I was.
Speaker 3: I was stopped by a group of Slavo Krainy protesters followed and they followed us around and shouted. As my daughter grew increasingly anxious and scared, I decided to speak with the protesters in the hopes that I could trade a few minutes of conversation for them leaving my toddler alone. Nearly all of them agreed. It was a mostly respectful conversation. But if you're chasing a three year old as part of a political protest.
Speaker 2: You're a ship person.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: She kind of let me just say, can I say, he tweets like, so, Millennial, I don't know how to explain it, like you a person, Like he tweeted something like today I saw a half poodle, half German shepherd and I have some questions, like so Millennial, And I was like, you are the vice president of the United States, I'm gonna need you to start acting like it.
Speaker 5: So anyway, yeah, he tweeted that right before like going into the Oval Office meeting with the lindsay, I'm gonna need some answers on this poodle mix.
Speaker 6: That I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: But after that Zolensky meeting, his Slytherin was showing.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 3: But anyway, there are there is video. So first of all, there's like a few things about this protest. The people that were protesting near his house were kept very far away because he's the fucking vice president, and there was like a checkpoint to even enter his neighborhood, so these people were not even close to him getting his paper out in the front, like as if you would do that and be suddenly stunned to see protesters. He was walking around and then as people were converging on it, he came across this group of people. But like again, even when he stands with them, he starts off just saying bullshit. He's like, you know, when he's talking about who the aggressor is or whatever, people are talking like you can't stand with Russia, and he's like, I'm sorry, that's your understanding of what's happening here, and they're like, no, no, that's a lie you're saying to our faces. He then goes on to be like, you guys are scaring my meat shield. Okay, I have to go, and you guys need to fucking respect that. Let me just play this moment. You can mostly hear what he's saying, but it's a very interesting interaction given the way he describes that he was like chased away by a group of people who just wouldn't let leave his toddler alone.
Speaker 2: And I told you, I talked to you for five minutes.
Speaker 6: Have people run around and yell and I can.
Speaker 3: Talk to you.
Speaker 2: And I said, by talking to her, he's.
Speaker 3: God, you're just so unlikable. And I think the whole thing around this, like please just leave her alone.
Speaker 1: It's like we're talking to you. No one's a dressing literally.
Speaker 6: Year old daughter.
Speaker 1: She is in physical proximity to me. I did walk up to you with her, but uh, he said I would talk. I could have just avoided it. But again, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He is doing that thing where he still thinks that maybe people on planet Earth, in real physical reality want to talk to him. Yeah, and he's just finding out very quickly. You can't just say.
Speaker 4: Where they get a hot wife and they suddenly think they're like more palatable than they actually are. Like Lusha Vans, she's spineless and I hate her, but she's gorgeous, like credit where credit is due, And I just feel like she opped his style because now he thinks that people enjoy being around him and that he has charmed to some degree, you.
Speaker 1: Know right, He's like, Yo, you see my you see my wife? Usha? Dude?
Speaker 4: Fuck yeah, I'll never forgive her for co signing him. Yeah, this is a problem in that in like, I love Indian women, I love being an Indian woman. I take so much pride in my Indian heritage. I do think that some of us hold like way too easy for like a mid ugly republic.
Speaker 2: He can do, and.
Speaker 4: I think Usha Van's legitimizing jd Vance by marrying it just like a train wrack all around. And now they have three a Asian kids who are gonna make being half Indian their entire personality for the rest of their lives.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel bad for these kids because whether it's him taking his like toddler daughter around and being like you wouldn't yell at a man with a baby, would you? For saying all the wrong things in public, like hit a man with glasses. Usha Vance also now has like all these like public facing duties as the you know whatever that title is, the couches concubine or something. But the whole thing was like her in she had to go to Turin for the opening of the Special Olympics, and like just seeing her like kind of walk around saying nothing like she also took their son.
Speaker 1: This kid looks so fucking over it. Like again, I mean, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just leap, like, just let the kid fucking stay at home, Like you don't have to bring this kid. He doesn't want to go to fucking Italy to like whatever do this and have a bunch of people yell about how America sucks at his mom.
Speaker 2: Who's only varied to the.
Speaker 4: Literally the only reason they bring their kids everywhere so that they can like take the moral high ground to being like you wouldn't yell at a girl with a kid, would you? It's like, yeah, I would, actually, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Won't leave him home because JD keeps trying to create the kids. You know, yeah he does great training or out him for talking about Pokemon or something. Then he goes on about Pokemon. Who should you got to take him with you to Turin?
Speaker 3: I can't. I'm going to walk the three year old. Do we have the baggies for when she goes poo poo? I do have to shout out that this does lend a little more weight to this podcast because apparently Trump listens. We we found out over the weekend.
Speaker 1: So last weekend, Abby I noted that Donald Trump seems like the person most destined to die on the toilet since since Elvis himself. And this weekend Donald Trump tweeted out a picture of himself side by side with Elvis and was like a lot of people comparing me to Elvis?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I think he is taking it as as a comparison of their looks, But I do just he he likes comparing himself to like Martin Luther King juniors your podcasts.
Speaker 3: He must write, yes, yes, I'm a huge fan. It's like, no, the President summoned me here, He's I do think he.
Speaker 2: Nailed it with this one though, Like I like.
Speaker 1: He, you know, I think let less less worthy of the George Washington comparisons and the Martin Luther King junior comparisons, but Elvis, like, I feel like they're sweet spot being people who spend a like fifty percent of their gross income on commemorative plates and coins. Like is like they they share some DNA. They're both like Elvis and him are both like anti drug, anti drinking people who were like fucking are just like riddled with prescription medication abuse. And yeah, I think the one difference is the like Trump probably would be happier as a Vegas performer, you know, if you just could just get up and riff, whereas like Elvis was a Vegas performer and like wanted to be the like he went and visited Nixon and like handed him a golden fucking revolver, like he was a character in that Jack Handy joke. But also like was like I'll go undercover and I'll fucking rat out.
Speaker 3: Oh you'll go undercover, most famous energy you're at the moment, Okay, yes, please go undercover wearing a cape handed Nixon a golden revolver. Nixon looked fucking terrified. But yeah, So they're just like the same in many ways, but they just ended up at like different places then. I think Trump at least different places than he should have. I think in like ninety nine percent of the timelines, he's just in Vegas right now, dying a slow death, like going up on stage and singing, singing the standards and riffing about how Robert Pattinson is hot and needs to like ditch whatever girl he's dating right now.
Speaker 2: He's dating at the time. That's so funny. And he's doing a residency at the.
Speaker 3: Dome, Yes, exactly, just doing the YMCA over and over and over again. It's like thirty six minutes straight listening party of their appeal.
Speaker 1: About racism, you know, in many ways, In many ways, a lot of people are saying we're basically the same.
Speaker 3: I also, I too stole a rock and roll from the Blacks, did you, Yes, Yes, I did? I did it well, Yeah, he really would. I think he just wan I picture, Like, do you remember in Kingpin, like the Bill Murray's character Big Ern McCracken, Like how he's just like wearing a gaudy outfit and like random women would come up to him and give him a kiss and he's like, okay, babe, okay, thanks so much. Like that's what that's That is the world that he's trying to live in. That was the wildest shit about that eldest movie was the part where he's in Vegas and he just like keeps making out with all of his fans. Like every woman who comes up, he like insists on fully kissing them on the mouth.
Speaker 2: Shit. He's like, what, babe, they're fans. This is what they expect from me. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, cheeseburgers, man, laugh the cheese finers. I know. That's just the most impacted bowels in the history human gi tract.
Speaker 2: So funny.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're bad and we're bad.
Speaker 1: And just real quick. There's been a lot of people noting that Tesla not been doing great his shares, which is like the majority of his wealth, Like the you know, stock price of Tesla has been plummeting. It's the longest losing streak for Tesla in it's fifteen years as a public company, all right, And his net worth has fallen by one hundred and two billion dollars since he took office. I guess he's not a politician, but yeah, I it's not just because of his relationship with Trump. After supporting the far right AfD Party in Germany, Tesla registrations reportedly fell by seventy six percent, even as electric vehicle registrations rose by thirty one percent. So it's like that German noogular in Germany for some reason. That and like the AfD Party are the ones who were like, can we let this Nazi stuff rest? You guys Like, yeah, okay, we made a mistake, but let's like, we don't need to make it. I think, I think legitimately he was like, they don't need to like make it their whole identity.
Speaker 2: Cheeze, Just like fucking you.
Speaker 1: Don't have to make it a thing that you're reckoning with that terrible period in your country history. Be like America, just shove it down, ignore it and then let.
Speaker 3: It and then it just comes out as involuntary aggressive Nazi salutes convulsion. That's just those control of his own fucking limbs. Like doctor Strange love this whole ship though, too, And it's like, oh his net worth fell by one hundred two billion, It's like it makes it all this shit seems so abstract, Like what are these people?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: It's like a batting average. I'm like, Okay, I don't know you bat three h five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh? Your your value?
Speaker 3: Like how I guess really we should always have a valuable How much can they pull up right now? With straight cash? I'm tired of this. Yeah, that's what I want to know. How liquid people are, That's what That's all. This other stuff is too abstract. Unless he lost literally one hundred two like he's like, oh my one hundred and two billion dollars is gone, then I'm not going to take It's just too These sums of money are too vast and like sort of meaningless at a certain point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'll never see that much money in this lifetime, So why do I care?
Speaker 2: If?
Speaker 3: Oh I don't know, Abby, I think I think you're headed places. I think you might see a hundred one hundred bills. That's why I feel like some of some of the stuff that you talk about your comedy maybe could dial that back because you might be a billionaire too one day, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think it is not true at all. Just think about it. If you keep creating great shows like Emily in Paris, it is Costa Rica's GDP is what he has lost since Wow off.
Speaker 3: Yeah that sounds like a bad thing that one fuck bag has that just generally, folks, I think we got to really I'm glad. I'm glad we're poisoning the brand of Tesla and the next next station here for this train is to poison the just whole concept of billionaires fully please.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think there was an article in The New Yorker or something that was, like I knew that, like it would be a handful of men, men that would dismantle our democracy. I just didn't expect them to be such fucking losers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like that headline. Yeah, Yeah, it's so true.
Speaker 4: Like Elon just gives the vibes of that guy that you didn't give a chance to in high school who like makes it his whole personality to like prove you wrong when like most normal people just like move.
Speaker 2: On, you know, right, and Elon was not.
Speaker 4: I mean, like I've never liked Elon, but he was not just distinctly right way. He refused to continue working with Donald Trump in twenty seventeen when Donald Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate Accords, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe it would have been he came was like, uh yeah, there there is reporting from the time where he called him and his administration a bunch of fucking idiots.
Speaker 2: But yeah, not so.
Speaker 3: I mean, he definitely I think, like, I don't know, I feel like one of the early signs was the kids in the Thai cave and then he got upset at the guy for saying a submersible wasn't going to like work to save them. He's like, well, you're a pedophile, and we're like, what the all right, dude, here we go.
Speaker 1: Let him go.
Speaker 2: He's out of here, folks, he's gone.
Speaker 1: In addition to the financial was Tesla has become a target for protests this past week, Tesla charging stations have been set on fire, Tesla lots have been shot at, although that just might be if that's in America, that just might be standard a stray gunfire where we need to find out. And one dealership in Manhattan was occupied by hundreds of non violent protesters and again not just a US phenomenon. In Berlin, a construction site for the expansion of a Tesla factory was set on fire, which police are investigating his arson. And in Milan, protesters chained to include themselves to cars at a Tesla store. And we talked about, as we talked about last week, we are continuing our protest of every time we see a cyber truck just giving him a sad thumbs down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad that. Yeah. I was just in La and every time my friends saw cyber truck should be.
Speaker 4: Like ihill and I'd be like wow, like this is one of my friends who's not very politically like involved at all. I was like wow, Like the Tesla brand has completely been poisoned.
Speaker 1: They're just like, no, I just don't like the design.
Speaker 2: It is an ugly car. The cyber truck specifically, it's not great.
Speaker 1: It's truly an aesthetic argument for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's I mean, there's also like there was another picture too, I saw, I think it from Chicago with all these cops protecting a Tesla dealership, and I'm like, dude, if you if we needed like more indication of like what this all looks like, like truly just in your face, like and now the cops are here to protect Elon Musk's toy store and yeah.
Speaker 2: Toys store rap pretty over everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, And finally we still haven't seen Mickey seventeen but it did come out. I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 2: It was to see it. I know, it looks so cool.
Speaker 1: He doesn't miss and like even when it's like not my favorite movie, Bun June ho, it's like very interesting, you know.
Speaker 4: I think he always has something interesting to say. And I haven't even seen the movie, but it seems to be about the disposability of like workers in a you know, capitalist six system. Yeah, like how like Amazon and all of these like large corporations treat the human human life.
Speaker 2: As like very disposable.
Speaker 4: I loved Parasite, but I will say that when Paris I came out in twenty nineteen and everyone was like floored by like the class commentary, I was very like, like I loved to Paris. I don't get me wrong, but I grew up watching Indian movies, specifically South Indian movies. Like there's each region of India has a different has its own version of Hollywood. Bollywood is the most famous. It's like the North Indian one. But I never watched very many Bollywood movies. I'm South Indian, so I watched a lot of Hollywood movies. Hollywood is the South Indian Bollywood, which is the Indian Hollywood, and a lot of those movies are a lot of class commentary. And so I think Asian cinema as a whole is just like white years ahead of Western cinema. And I'm just like so grateful that bog june Ho has chosen to share his talents with the Hollywood audience. And I'm firmly of the belief that more Asian cinematographers need to.
Speaker 2: They don't need to.
Speaker 4: I would like like they would be doing us a favor by transitioning over to Hollywood, because I just love everything that bog june Hoe does and so I'm really excited to see Mickey seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's really well put. And yes, US cinema has a tough time with class. I feel like they're like, yeah, they'll they'll have class conflict, but then it's got to end with the people overcoming class conflict, right right.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, And I think, well, I think the reason in Asian countries, like the population is so much bigger, there's like last government regulation and this isn't me like you know, excuse or like being like, oh, America is better and by anyways. But I think, like when I go to India to visit family, it's like really undenied able to like.
Speaker 2: The poverty is like there for you to see.
Speaker 4: Like the type of poverties that exist in Asian countries you wouldn't even think existed in twenty twenty five unless you saw it with your own eyes. And so I think, of course it makes sense that the film industries in these countries would be a lot more head on and a lot more ahead of the curve about addressing the class messages like in their movies. And I just loved everything that Parasite had to.
Speaker 1: Say, right, But I think part of the reason it's not in people's face they're like they don't see it is because Hollywood movies and TV shows are like, oh, we don't want to show like poor people like we do love poverty. Yeah, no, thank you. This this blogger will live in a three million dollar apartment in Manhattan, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, an impossible place for them to live.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think so much of it too, is like all of our American storytelling is to sort of distract from all of the inequality and depression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And in Asian.
Speaker 3: Cinema, it's like confronting it always and so like, even to your point, Jack, like, even when there is a bit of class tension, it's like and at the end of the day, the rich white woman understood the woman of color a little bit, and then they got over it and they just got back to it, you know what I mean, They just got back.
Speaker 2: To because it's so true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like that's what the Rocky franchise started as, like a cinema verite thing about like a poor boxer and it ends with him being like a fucking millionaire who like waiting the Collie War for beating up I've.
Speaker 2: Never seen the Rocky movies. It is not actually how it ends it. Yeah, I mean Rocky Communists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So first one, he's like a poor down his luck boxer who like grits it out and almost wins a big fight, but like love conquers all in the end. The second one, he wins against the guy who beat him in the first one and like becomes world champion. The third one he's like a millionaire celebrity, and the fourth one he owns a robot. He drives like a Lamborghini for like a fifteen minute Lamborghini montage and then goes to Russia and fights like a Russian like robot guy who's like on all the steroids and stuff, and just like beats him with pure American pluck while while wearing red, white and blue American flag trunks.
Speaker 2: That is crazy. It's been amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's just like the it's a great thing for introducing the idea of like there might be some ideas and like political content behind these movies. Like watching that as like even an eight year old, you're like, huh yeah, a little heavy. Yeah, But anyways, the movie didn't do great at the box office Magey seventeen.
Speaker 2: You know, it was number one.
Speaker 1: It did cost one hundred and eighteen million dollars to make, and so people are like, it's not it's not a success. But I do just want to note that coming out this weekend is Electric State, new movie from again the Roussell brothers who made the Avengers movies. They also made The Gray Man those like two hundred million dollars and this one stars million Bobby Brown and Chris Pratt.
Speaker 3: And it cost three hundred and twenty million dollars to make, and like not even like I don't feel like I've seen that much marketing for it, So it's not like they like they spent three hundred and twenty million dollars on the.
Speaker 1: Pre that's the pre marketing cost, bud, that's right, yeah, oh my, And it is being called by Indie Wire quote joyless and an argument for letting the movies.
Speaker 2: Die, which is not what we want to see.
Speaker 1: This is so fucked up, dude.
Speaker 3: It's it's these gigantic three hundred and twenty million dollars swings that end up drying out and destroying all the smaller productions that keep Los Angeles alive or just the industry in general alive. Like there's such a lack of work right now, and it's because they're doing shit like spending three hundred and twenty million dollars on whatever the fuck the Electric State is that sounds like so fucked up description of like Elon Musk's takeover of like the United States government. Right, Yeah, it's like welcome to the State. Yeah, Chris Press Spectacular Adventure. Yeah, Chris Pratt rarely steers us fro Chris Prett, you lost the streets, bro, That's what happens when you lose the streets.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's truly that thing that rarely steers us wrong. I feel like if I see almost in a movie, I'm like, uh nope. I always like World movies are so joyless.
Speaker 1: Like what you're talking about three of my favorite movies right now due He's Friends with the Raptor. No, he's joking.
Speaker 2: I'm joking. I'm joking, he's joking.
Speaker 4: Or I like Passengers, but he was kind of like a weird character in Passengers, like why would you wake a woman up?
Speaker 2: Like why would you bother her? Like that? All right?
Speaker 1: He woke up against her will just be yeah, so bored and lonely.
Speaker 2: I do know what you say. I do love the Guardians of the Galaxies movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does. He that is his lane. Yeah yeah, yeah, Well, Abby, it's been such a pleasure having you on the Daily Zeus.
Speaker 2: It was so fun. Where can people.
Speaker 1: Find you and follow you and all that good stuff? See you.
Speaker 4: I'm on Instagram, I'm on Twitter, against my better judgment, I'm on YouTube, and I'm on TikTok. My solo show is going off Broadway next week. Ye from March nineteen through twenty second, I'm doing four nights, five shows at the Soho Playhouse, which is very historic off Broadway venue. And I'm so proud of the solo show that I've put together. It's the story of how I told my parents that I wanted to be a stand up comedian, how our relationship fall apart because of it, and how we built our relationship backup together after my brief sit in a mental hospital following a suicide attempt, and I just I'm really proud of those storytelling. My director, Greg Wallach is just so immensely talented. Once he signed on, like it was just elevated to something new and spectacular, And I feel like I set out to change the conversation with this show in terms of how we talk about immigrant parents, how we talk about parents in general, how we talk about ourselves in the pursuit of art, and granting kind of everyone grace as most people are just figuring life out for the first time.
Speaker 2: And I think I achieved that goal.
Speaker 4: Like I've you know, performed this show like fifty sixty times now across the world to thousands of people, and I love meeting And most recently I was in Los Angeles and like, these two sisters brought their parents to the show, and so many people tell me that they bring their like so many people bring their parents to the show, and so many people tell me that it started a lot of important conversations at home about like mental health and about the pursuit of something other than you know, traditional outs. And I am really proud of the show that I've put together. This moment where I'm going off Broadway next week feels like the culmination of like three years almost of hard work, and I'm just so excited. Hussin and Aj is presenting it, Daniel Slass is producing it to amazing groundbreaking comedians who shaped me as a comedian. Both of them are storytelling stand up comedians. They don't ever really just do like hours of comedy. They do hours of comedy with through lines where they talk about themselves and their own reflections, and I feel like their existence and success kind of paved the way for someone like me to come and tell my story. And I'm just everything about this moment just feels so full circle and perfect and amazing, and I am so excited to share it with the world sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Zi Gang. Make sure you get out there, yea, yeah, Yeah, is New York site gang?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, they're out here, They're out here. Where can Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I have been binging a lot of TV shows, although you know now that you ask me.
Speaker 2: I'm like completely forgetting. Oh, let me tell you this one.
Speaker 4: So there's three charity partnerships for the off Broadway, and one of them is the Ore Foundation. And the Ore Foundation just released a Netflix documentary called Buy Now, and it's about the last. It's about the world, but mostly the last tendency to over consume and how all of these websites like Amazon, TikTok, Instagram are now incentivized to sell us things that we don't need. But one thing that we forget with all of this marketing is that everything that we've ever thrown away in our lives so me you guys, like, everything from the moment we're born that we have used and thrown away is not gone. It's just somewhere else on the planet. And so the documentary Buy Now traces a lot of so a lot of the clothes that we throw away in the West, like in the United States, in the UK, it ends up actually washed up on the shores of Ghana in these gigantic, gigantic like chemical clothing mountains. And By Now, as documentary is meant to raise awareness about how our overconsumption and the last really affects developing countries mostly and how we can make the conscious decision to consume less, to de influence ourselves from like the latest like makeup trend, you know, like ownership trend what have you that they're trying to sell us on TikTok Instagram, and just reminding ourselves that we really don't need anything more than what we need.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's fair. It sounds great, very cool. Miles Where can people find you?
Speaker 1: Is there a working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, it's the consumption thing. I saw the trailer for that documentary, I was like, oh, this is going to be really good and then all things and I was like, all right, I already get the point. Yeah, but you can find me everywhere. They have at Symbols at Miles of Gray, you can find Jacket on the basketball podcast Miles and Jackets America, Boosty's you can find me talking ninety day Fiance on four twenty Day Fiance.
Speaker 1: Check that out every week.
Speaker 2: And yeah.
Speaker 3: Let me see a thing I like from Internet at Internet hippopot The thing I like from Internet is this mocking elon. It says, yeah, we're doing cancel culture counseling, government contracts parenthetical. People start protesting my garbage cars. This is illegal under the laws of man and god fuck d that's funny.
Speaker 1: I like to tweet from Ronnie there ron we Underscore on Twitter, who tweeted, it's so funny that when they were inventing hockey, one guy was like, hey, what if we had a jail, Like I love your soccer on ice idea, but what do you think about jail A little jail for bad people in reference to the penalty box, which is a fun little bit. That's funny, And I also like from Rod at Rodamus Prime on Twitter, who tweeted Sterling K. Brown got to be the most ripped for no reason as actor on the planet. But he just got the twelve pack ads but picking roles where he plays the head of HR at a greeting card company. Oh can one of my favorite Yeah yes please.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Wait.
Speaker 4: This is the one that I just saved to my phone because I was like, this is so funny. I'm sure you guys have seen it too. Walking around in public sober. Every single one of these people is uglier dumber than the last. There must have lat mongrel school out really time, walking around cooked. There is beauty in every soul. There is miss spell And I was like, that's so funny. From James at Fearing for twenty on.
Speaker 1: Twitter, Nice Fearing four twenty man after my own.
Speaker 2: Heart, all right.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist and on Blue Sky at daily Zekeist, at the daily Zekeist on Instagram.
Speaker 2: We got a Facebook fan page and a website dailyzeigis dot com.
Speaker 1: You can go to the episode wherever you're listening to it, check out the description and you will see the footnotes notes where we link off to the information we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is a little bit of fun house music but mixed with day Last soul.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is actually the it's called Saturday's remix, but the Omi Kasa remix.
Speaker 1: Oh M, I C A s A.
Speaker 3: This is only on a SoundCloud from what I can find, but it's it's a good one. It gets your shoulders going, and it's a nice throwback Saturday Saturday. And I mean, look, especially with fucking daylight savings completely fucking everything up. Listen, let's think about better time that Saturday before we were shoved forward one hour violently. So anyway, this is Saturday is the Omi Kasa remix?
Speaker 2: All right, we will look off to that and the footnotes.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeiki is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite show. That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll talk to you all then bye bye.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys so much for having me