Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, welcome back e y l Atlanta edition. You know this is we say our second home, but it really feels like our first home.
Speaker 2: Everything we've been doing live has been here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we get so much love out here. We really gotta buy some real estate out here.
Speaker 2: And now that's next. That's next for real. So, you know, a few episodes.
Speaker 3: I'm always excited about every single episode that we do, but a few episodes is really really exciting for us. Shout out the Day, man, that was a bucket list situation. He was every he was everything that we thought he was gonna be. Yeah, that's the first thing they asked. How was he everything we expected?
Speaker 2: As the fact, Shout the Day.
Speaker 3: And it's been so many other great people that we had the opportunity to interview, but this is right at the top of my list personally your as well.
Speaker 2: Choice.
Speaker 3: So, you know, killing like somebody that we just admired for a long time and obviously one of the dopest rattlers, but I feel like everything that he's done outside of music has even surpassed his musical career as far as is you know, advocacy, politics, business.
Speaker 2: Been activist since fifteen.
Speaker 3: Man, it's long, it's dope, it's dope. So, you know, this is something that we was looking forward to for a long time. And I had actually DMed him a while ago, a while ago, a while long't even know if he actually saw it, but the boss bosses got yeah, yeah, yeah, Ak and Nundre. It's just just just a bright light. If you're not following her, you need to follow her on Instagram. That's her Instagram handle and she she's just been amazing for us, just the resources just pouring into us. How can yeah, how can I help toward a class at Eyo University? And I put a post like that we need to get killing mic on ey L. She's like hit me right away, like I know I can set it up for you. So I'm like, I I appreciate that, and she reached out to him and that started the line of communication and we was kind of going back and forth for a few weeks, and then last week it was it was ironic because he actually DM me and we was on our way to the land in a few days. So I told him, like, yo, bro, I actually just got finish listening to your breakfast club Intero.
Speaker 2: We had a big announcement last week and I.
Speaker 3: Was actually in a barber shop ironically enough, so I'm like, let's set it up. And we set it up and we was here for about ten days and every day it was not kill a flight schedule. I'm like, I'm working on our cinema text Like, yo, bro, like you got six more days, five more days. I told I told my man swing and that we was talking, and I'm like, nah, you know, he gave me his word, And just by speaking to him, I could tell that he was a man of his words. So like, there's no way he's gonna let us leave without giving us any time.
Speaker 2: Even if we left, we was coming back. Yeah, We're gonna keep coming to Atlanta until we get him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So this is our last night in Atlanta, and this is a nightcap edition. Man out here at eight o'clock at night, and we're going to interview the legendary killing Mike. So first and foremo, thank you for joining us, Thank you for cracing our platform. We appreciate it. Thank you for opening up your shout man Man, thank you man. This is Slagship Store slag Shot, and we're just glad to have you. So I'm sure we're gonna talk about Yeah, So we got so much stuff to talk about, man, I just want to just jump right into it. Yeah. Yeah, you've been all over c NBC, CNN Club, all that you've done a lot. But the latest thing that you've done is an online banking. Yeah, a Black and Latin X owned I believe bank. Right, it's a banking platform, right, or a fintech bank and neo bank. Our kids do everything from their phone, literally do everything. Thirteen year old and everything from her phone. So banking is going As you see more bricking, more diclosures, As you see banking expanding in the text space, banking is going to end up in your hand, in your phone. Andrew Young, who's a former ambassador, former lieutenant to Doctor King, former mayor of Atlanta, travels one hundred and fifty two countries. I think he's an ambassador, so he ambassats all over the world.
Speaker 2: You came to stigure out my church man, come off.
Speaker 3: But he's been my friend and mentor since fifteen years old and actually is a part of me growing me as an organizer. Andy doesn't do things for financially motivated reasons, yet they end up helping the greater community financially. So one example is as mayor of Atlanta, he was responsible for making Atlanta international city by bringing the Olympics here and bringing the Olympics. He didn't bring a bunch of people to just ran, swim and jump that spoke different languages. Companies come also, right, you got Atlanta in Georgia is the third most fortune five hundred companies of any state in the Union. So that's what him making the city and international city helped to do, help to bring just with the Olympics, I think nine billion dollars into the city, forty one percent with the blackened minority contracts. The only condition was he couldn't personally make any money, but he made sure that people from the community made money. And then after that another eleven twelve billion poured in. Blacks walked away at one point something billion of that, which ain't bad, you know what I mean, It ain't bad. It's you know, ideally we want to get to the ass and betters, but it ain't bad.
Speaker 2: Start.
Speaker 3: So as Andy does stuff, he does stuff that helps the greater community, and the greater community is better for us.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So Atlanta is a lot years ahead. It's a beacon in the South, it's an international city with all this proclivities and on all this is it's set back. It's still is far more progressive than anyone would have ever thought. Fifty years as all right, he goes to India, he sees where people being paid in payper currency, same thing that's happening in depressed areas here. They're being robbed and looted by check cashing places essentially. So you're already on the friends. You make two hundred bucks a week. Technically you want to be able to save ten to twenty percent of what you're making, right, So it's very hard to save twenty or forty bucks when you're making two hundred bucks a week.
Speaker 2: But some people have been dedicated, like our grandparents, enough to do.
Speaker 3: It, to put aside that twenty and let that twenty get to one hundred, and put that aside and make sure you got stuff like a basic life insurance twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: On the side.
Speaker 3: You've got enough to bear your money. Check cashing place in liquor stores. Cut that out of the poorest, the ability to spend the same to do anything, and that's a detriment, and it helped keep you at that bottom. Cast Landy saw a digitized system come there and greatly help people. So that was his part in understanding what Greenwood as a banking platform could do, or what's Greenwood there's a guy named Paul Judge here out of the tech world that's a brilliant.
Speaker 2: A bust of bread.
Speaker 3: And then there's Ryan Glover who built Noontime Records, who built Bounced TV, and who's a founding member of Greenwood. And they thought that this model of model's life is as we go more digital. Sixty five percent of banking is done, problem of your hand. Poor people need relief from being young predatory companies. All of this can meet and make sense and be a for profit thing, and Greenwood is born.
Speaker 2: Why is it named Greenwood?
Speaker 3: Greenwoods name green which for the town in Tulsa, Oklahoma that was burned in a race, wise burned to the ash, burned to the ground. And I would argue, and not only destroying that town in which a community turned a dollar thirty six times, so it was strong in terms of schools, doctors, Dennis stores.
Speaker 2: It was strong. It was like having an ecosystem in a jar in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Even if your kitchen set on fire until that smoke getting in there, that ecosystem is still parking right in burning down that town. I would argue that the poor whites that did that destroy not only that town, this economy, but the greater economy around it, which is why you ain't seeing a basketball team pop up in Tulsa to a few years ago.
Speaker 2: There was no need. It was no, it wasn't. It wasn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a place where harmony could happen. So in Atlanta nineteen oh six or so, you get a rioted not far from here that way and on that side of town. Black people were killed after that. Atlanta, which is also the home of the Atlanta Conference. With w do boys book into Washington. They're like, look, we're here. We're not going anywhere. We're right over here in the fourth Ward. We either gonna go to Ward with these white folks and we're gonna destroy the city and we're gonna become every typical southern city and it's going to be ashes again like Sherman left it when he was on his march to the beach in Savannah, or we're gonna figure out how to let business and.
Speaker 2: Commerce trump bullshit.
Speaker 3: So quietly and agreement was made where black people and business owners took this side of downtown and we're right now, we're in the historic Auburn and Edgewood Avenue Auburn and Edgewood Avenue are also work will always be to some degree, Black Wall Street. The Atlanta Life Insurance Company was there, started by Alonzo Herndon Evan's a Baptist church. The SCLC headquarters with their office is Virguley, Black Business. It's always been here. So Greenwood as a banking platform is in the spirit of that, initially in terms of making sure we serve worker class, poor communities, making sure we serve the unbanked, making sure we serve black people and the Latino X crowd. But it is not only for us. Anyone is welcome to bring their green there and anyone is well to know we're going to be stable with the wood, you know. So just like Atlanta had to realize as a city, it made more sense to cooperate and make business sense, not to war in the middle of the streets. Ess as a bank, understand that I'm not trying to tell anybody can't bank for us, who want everybody to bank with us, But we also want to be a place that grows into a lender in terms of car loans and home loans because many times the first generational wealth that anybody looks like us will have is be a home or something that someone left to us, right, and then they want to grow into growing given capital to businesses. But forty one percent business culture I think aka and who was putting up in terms of like.
Speaker 2: Businesses since Corona.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it wasn't for my out of pocket what we have been able to survive when we open back up. We're not charging barbers, you know, booth wind and the initial things of that nature. So I have to think about, you know, what's best for that. So I think that I think that Greenwood is going to be not only one of the best banking platforms, but it's going to grow into a strong financial force that turns into a lender not only homes and I don't know, but a small businesses, medium sized businesses, and businesses by creatives that grow bigger market.
Speaker 4: So I mean, obviously you're an Atlanta historian, Like you said, you've been as an active activist for over thirty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirty years of my life. That's a long time.
Speaker 4: That's a long time, right, So I'm trying to think is this something during that process or is just a culminate event of situations that motivated for Greenwood to start right now, like, well, was there motivating factors or it was just like.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what motivated Ryan. I think that what motivated Andy was going to seeing it work right, but few more people. For me, it made It's made sense for me for ten years. I've been talking about it actively for six years. And they were the first bank or banking platform to say, let's bring Mike into the business code. You know, there's plenty of banks had the opportunity, and I still shout out all the black banks, right, but no one else, you know, said well, let's get into the business with them. And I think Ryan, you know, I think, you know, six years ago, I still saw me as me like if I was a talent scouted out of it, like ut, you know what I'm saying. But the fact that they then doesn't bother me as much as I'm encouraged by the fact that Ryan did. Because Ryan understands that Michael Render is a kid in a room who plays the character killer Mike. But Michael Render is married to one of the best business minds in this state of the nation.
Speaker 2: She's a friend of aka another, she's my.
Speaker 3: Wife, Shay, And you know, like proverbs and I'm not I'm not a Christian, but Proverbs thirty one ten through thirty one talks.
Speaker 2: About having the right type of wife.
Speaker 3: So you know, the business partner and life partner that I have helps me understand.
Speaker 2: That the capital I go get, we can do something with it.
Speaker 3: We can bury, and we can put it places where compounds will grows. So you know, for me, in terms of Michael Render, I understand that that when Ryan invited me, that's bigger than whoever didn't invite me, because he sees what I see in the mirror, and that's someone with the potential to grow into a businessman. So Michael Santiago, Yeah, my dad just look my dad, man. My dad.
Speaker 2: Shouts out, But Michael, liek my dad.
Speaker 3: I'm all like, I ain't name of my goddamn young not even Michael Sago. My wife said. My wife said, I'm so glad, dady. Kids shout out, shout, shout out to Norry Victor Santiago.
Speaker 2: That's one of my fast shots out.
Speaker 3: So so people don't realize, I'm just some research and seventeen percent of black people are unbanked. You're paying to three percent, So if you think about it, that's a three percent of whites.
Speaker 2: That's a lot. And then I will never forget.
Speaker 3: So people have heard of food deserts, yes, and so I used to go to school in Baltimore. I did a research study on food deserts, and it's like, you know, we're for people that don't know. They don't every neighborhood doesn't have like a grocery store exactly, So people go grocery shopping and like gas stations and corner stores, and not only is the food bad, but the prices are much higher too.
Speaker 2: So it's it's it's.
Speaker 3: Enough process exactly exactly, so at least a high blood pressure, cholester all that stuff. So I never heard of banking deserts until like a couple months ago we did an episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was talking about banking deserts.
Speaker 3: So it's like there's different pockets in different areas where there's there's no bank, and then there's check cashing places. And then I never forget. Somebody told us because when we grew up, we had a check cashing place.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My first job as I worked at a summer camp, and everybody used to go to the check cashing page because you get it quick. Yeah, but they charged like three dollars, two dollars, you're not what you thinking about it, but that adds up. It's like why are you paying it? And it's like you never see a check cashing pigs in the middle class or.
Speaker 2: A wealthy neighborhood. It's either working class or poor neighborhoods.
Speaker 4: Because the crazy part is that not to get you off, but the crazy part is that had we known that the bank right across the street wrote the check, we could have gotten the same day.
Speaker 3: Sad thing, the actually was a bank in our neighborhood and we were just so conditioned. And not only was the check cashing place right next to the Chinese spot that shirt fried chickens. I always wondered how that worked. So it's like it was it was a weird dynamic. But I say that to say this online thinking, I think is is really the way because even in Kenya, I saw they had a lot of people can't get the things because it's so rural. But they changed the whole dynamic by having like just basic cell phones where they can bank on itself. So you knew it was real. When I seen the dance and get paid in the Blue Flag be it cel phone like no cap no like Brown zero is the barbershop and the booty clubs. When when I saw said Blue Flame, the Blue Flight, we ain't going to night after, I'm not staying long. Would do my mask.
Speaker 5: We're about to have seen that place before. It's a black business. That's shout to Wall Street, Traffler Street travel flying Now.
Speaker 4: We actually pulled up to it and as soon as we got there, somebody did a black flip into the wall.
Speaker 2: We were like, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta go in, you gotta you gotta interview the owner.
Speaker 2: Man, he's a great for sure.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so you so you felt so you you had that idea in Blue Flame, like this is this is what I knew?
Speaker 2: What was it? I knew son was happening. You know.
Speaker 3: It's like being in a gambling house and you and you start hearing rumblers. You're like, oh, son happened?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Excuse me for like something I learned business, you know in the eighties and nineties. And how did the black kid learn it in the eighties and nineties running errands for pimps, doing airs in the gallant house and selling to big crack cocaine?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: So I learned business on the most mudimentary level. You can't.
Speaker 3: But it's like when you're in the gamon house you start hearing a little noise, little you just start looking around like something happening, somebody winning on, somebody losing that.
Speaker 2: But when I seen the phone light up the dancing, he turned the floor. What the fun is he doing? I don't see no money? She got THEMN hours. Oh yeah. I'm like, I'm like, I'm like, come in red. She's like, what I say, y'all, I see you dance. She said, Oh, that's a niggas. He ain't get no money. You know what I mean? She said, well now here He paid me by cash out, and I was like, cash.
Speaker 3: The fuck is cast? Your wife knows. My wife doesn't let anybody teach me about technology. She says, if my husband needs to know something, I teach him right so south South the little se smile and she stops smiling from teaching anything. But that's when I if it's in the clubs already. Man. My barber started doing it, and my sister who's a hairstyle started doing it, and then my sister who's an accountant, start telling me that they're pain and receiving all digital that that their paper. She used to work in paper checks, but those things coming out to them saying Okay, I see what's coming. So when Ryan calls me with the idea, of course, I'm I'm a receptive and open because that's what's next. Fintech is a huge financial technology. I feel like tech in every area will take over. So like Tesla is not a car company, it's a tech company.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So a lot of these brick and.
Speaker 3: Mortar banks are on their last leg because they're not making a transition. Yeah, well a lot of them are are don't want to have legs a certain community, Like you're never not going to see a Chase Bank in a rich neighborhood or in the studio district where a lot of us are private banking wanted how many So there's gonna keep you know, Shad's gonna still be able to pull up two hundred fifty thousandars Canstraer, but she's not gonna be able to do it on Marketer King.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: The one that Greenbrier may not last, but the one on our meal it'll be there. And we have to as a as a community that has foods and banking deserts.
Speaker 2: We have to start to prepare for that.
Speaker 3: And education and technology can keep you I'm in a state of equity and having some ownership, and it can keep you in a place of having some equality where you stand a fair shot.
Speaker 2: It ain't fair, but just just let me get a fair shot, you know what I mean? I think.
Speaker 4: And we just finished this book in our book club, The Color of Money. It tells the history of black pay Yeah, yeah, nothink. One of the biggest things they talked about me, I know, I know, as try as you out too, I was like, I said, yell, earnist, we might get them. But one of the things that they talk about is the history of our relationship with money. And once we learn our history, then we can understand how to use it, how to value it, and how to use it to our advantage.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But one of the things that we lack is trust. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And so as you take on this endeavor, I want to know your thoughts. So, like, how do we get the trust from the people? Yeah, what you do a good job, and you do this best you can.
Speaker 3: If I've always told people to first of all, I said, I didn't sign up for this leadership ship. I got in this to wrap smoke weed and hang out at the front, right. But you, destiny faked the universe or the creator that has crafted has you put you on the path. I didn't meet aka nundrum by chance. I didn't happen until you guys, by chance. It's my cup is empty. I'm supposed to be learning so I can pour into others, you know what I mean? So it matters of me. I always tell people I'm going to do my very best, and if I fuck up, I'm gonna apologize and allow me to get back because I don't like playing with people. I could have sat with other institutions and said, this is a deal. I want give me this. I'm going to get you these many cars. You can give me this percentage off the cars. That's not what I did. I waited to something that I actually felt like was helpful to the community that produced me came along, and when it came along, the opportunity presented itself. I said, this is something that makes sense, this is something I'm willing to be a part of. This is something I wish to have, And even once about group of economics because I feel like I remember you a few years ago. I forgot what the triggering event was, but you took a bunch of raptors in Atlanta to like back to open up black.
Speaker 2: It was Michael Brownson, Yeah, Okay, that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Okay, And then I remember they did it in Houston and it was a thing, and I remember that's how the play and you were saying, like, even if you if you're a black entrepreneur or you're black profession whatever, but if you're putting money in a white bank, it's still in a sense kind of the feasts the purpose in a way. So well, I'm not that pessimistic. Okay, no, no, no, that's not I'm not one of those either ors. Right, I'm from Atlanta. So people had to learn how to cooperate here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: William Hartsfield, who was an Atlanta mayor, was basically laughed and ran out of town because he gave Delta like a fifty one hundred year least and like a dollar five dollars a year. But yet Delta became one of the biggest employers of Atlanta and brought huge commerce and made us help make us an international city.
Speaker 2: Having an International, one of the world's busiest airport.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he had the foresight though to see it, you know, just like Maynard had the foresight.
Speaker 2: So you know, with me, it's like.
Speaker 3: You gotta have foresight, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta be willing to take the risk that you know is secure or or sure you feel or you know, and you can fail. But like in that so in the Netflix, in the Netflix series that you had when you went like I think it was seven days, like you just try to just only spend with black businesses, and he's like, even if you it's like everything has to be you gotta learn to cooperate.
Speaker 2: You know, war is one without allies. I'm sorry, got our point.
Speaker 3: But the point that I'm trying to make is that the federal government at one point, instead of making the big banks to fair business in terms of redline and stuff with black people, said no, we'll, we'll we'll just support the black banks. And they never came through on their problems, right, and they still want us to come vote, but they never came through their promims. We should be forced to have the federal government to do that, and at the same time, we should be cooperating with larger ain't the constitutions, many of which whose banks were built directly off the banks and its slave that right when you look at stocks and buns, a lot of that is you weren't start in the bun. You weren't the property, yet that's what you were. So my thing is again, I learned selling drugs me and you could be at war a year ago.
Speaker 2: And year lady, the prices is right, and she I don't want to kill you no more. I got a hundred bands, you got a hundred bands. We got a two hundred and fift thousd dollars deal.
Speaker 3: My buddy got twenty by your buddy got twenty five. So at a certain point, it's not that the pain isn't there, it's not that the tragedy isn't there. At what point do we have to start understanding that to win a war? I must Ally, the United States and Russia have never liked each other, just two radically different concepts on how to treat people, how to different money. But when Germany popped up and was Omar and everybody motherfucker found a.
Speaker 2: Way to get a little bar so show up to the line.
Speaker 3: So we have to we have to think with the same mentality that I don't have to like a love you, but in matters of strengthening me as an individual in my understanding what I can do in my group, in our community, I will partner or ally with you in a matter of a bigger law.
Speaker 2: Now, and that's just that's just what it is.
Speaker 3: So let me let me let me ask you a question, because I know not only are your entrepreneur, but you're really in the politics.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be.
Speaker 4: That was the second was the said wing because what you just said is what you said about the president. Now, you like, I don't have to like him or even vote for him, but if he does something that helps my community, I should take advantage of that, because take av.
Speaker 3: Taking advantage of everything I'm telling But that's every president. Yeah, that ain't just president. Now, that's that's there has been.
Speaker 2: No president that has been for the black community. Take that. That's the fact.
Speaker 3: That's that has been no president that has been for the black community. But if your policy affects the black community in a positive way, which can affect the greater community, I have to pay you some attention. Is that suff I have to pay you some of Obamas. For you, I'm clearing what I say and how I see. There has been no president that's for the black community. But if that president is playing in any way or policy helps the black community, I'm for that thing. You get what I'm saying. I rate all us presidents at about the ce different variations from a C minus down into the d's too. You know, when you start off as slave masters and presidents, that's a really funky what I'm saying. So you have to spend your life as a person of color reconciling the fact that the dollars that are in your pocket, the dead men, the slave masters that are only that that that give you work and value to the things you're doing, own people, and that wealth is something. So you know, when we get walking, we get mad and we want to castigate rappers and then a tinners and chickens, do the right thing with your money you have, Andrew Jackson, You're twenty dollars bill that you're tipping the stripper with committed genocide on people that were from Middle of America and that were red and were here before.
Speaker 2: You got here.
Speaker 3: So you're passing a genocidal bill to pay for your Sarah and your your need to get grinded on. And you've never chastised yourself enough to say I'll only pay by PayPal because I'm protested or greenwood.
Speaker 2: So I'm you know what you know? Man?
Speaker 3: In matters of money, we had better learn that we're going to have to pack some emotion to the side to accomplish specific goals from a monetary standpoint, so that we can take care of ourselves because no one's coming to save us. Nothing's coming out of sky to save us. Karma, although it's a nice concept. Evil people live longer and they seem to be happier. George Bushtin died he was ninety middle something. So but you were. You were supporting Bernie senators absolutely, so you work. You have progressive I guess liberal views. If voting for Bernie Sanders takes my taxes up out of the forties into the fifties, just that succeed takes care the next twenty five to thirty years of Americans in terms of education, health care, trade that trade and college education at basics and extensive health care, and provide social programs that grow us as a country.
Speaker 2: I have no aversion to supporting that, and.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think that much of his policy has been rape robbed and looted by both parties at this point, versus us getting behind the person who wanted to give us everything we would have needed during this pandemic, including some type of universal income, including some type of health care that was universal leading toward it, including decriminalization of marijuana, including a federal task force that would have dealt with roth police, including all these things that would have affected us. But because we didn't do it, because we didn't go that, but because we got robbed of it or whatever. The theory is being, you gotta you know, you got to give what you got, and you better master your coin, you know, because we're we're in a system where as much as they want to say they care like Barnie, they don't. And if you're if you're not going to allow me to pay my ten or fifteen extra to let someone like him leave the way, don't get mad. And I'm gonna try to keep an extra ten or fifteen percent and figure out who the fuck Trump's taxloy is so I can be them on the West side, you know, But I did you know, I didn't I didn't.
Speaker 2: Vote for the evil persons, whoever that may be. I want to go back to it. I want to go back to Greenwood for a.
Speaker 4: Sec because a lot of times, and even in the book, it dives into the fact of black bangs being.
Speaker 2: Put in neighborhoods right where.
Speaker 4: Deposits weren't coming in at a frequent rate, and so they had to charge higher interest rates when they weren't loaning got money because most people don't really understand how.
Speaker 2: Banks make money. The lows right.
Speaker 4: So my thing is like, is Greenwood is there going to be similar like how other interests They're going to be competing with the big thing.
Speaker 3: So that's their goal first, first year versus deposits savings, and so it's steps.
Speaker 2: This is where we are. First.
Speaker 3: First, the goal is to wipe out check pashing course, to wipe out the main the main parasites in poor and working class people's lives. So you know, people here saved twenty forty bucks. It doesn't sound like much to them, but when you're talking about now you can save ten percent of your income, what about when person gets to raise and get five hundred your thousand, Now you're saving more money. So that is the attack, and the next phase is in loans and home ownership, automobile ownership, and then the phase after that. So I like the fact that Ryan is, unlike in the past, is not trying to do everything himself at the same time as much he's he's seeking and they're talking to allies at this moment realizing who are they going to get into business with in terms of partnering with larger institutions that are cover who are the institutions that your money is actually going to be sitting with, and as a platform, what they can do to reduce the eve and to you help you find more financially literally help you to say.
Speaker 4: So, I'm thinking that's the first step. Eradicate the check cash in push in the back of the day was also the Soll phone store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's level.
Speaker 4: And then then we got the posits and loans, and so I guess the next last stage would be business loan, small business loans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well small man, I don't think that's the last stage. I just think that. I just think that if you're going to run nine.
Speaker 3: Miles, plot out your first three, then plot out your next three, and then your final three.
Speaker 2: Right, So let's just say those are the first three miles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I saw I wrest where Ryan said, like, I think fifty of black businesses, Oh, black businesses get loans at fifty percent lower rate than white businesses. When I think it's we're return at fifty percent lower rates. We're also denied in comparable applications. We're denied twenty one percent of the time in white's only eight. Okay, So, and so I'm assuming that's something that you guys will be trying to eradicate. As far as greens there's definitely going to be. You know, Greenwood is not Superman, doesn't come in the same one Swade. What it is a part of the adventures. It's a part of alternative ways now for us to take control of our dollars. And that's everything from a new black credit union that's popping up. That's everything from the traditional black banks that are already in the market, whether it be Citizens Trust or Carver or One United. And that's new platforms and ventech like Greenwood. You know, I'm an advocate for you know, if you want to if you want to get the freedom, take a whole lot of buses. You know, don't depend on everyone going in one bus, you know what I'm saying. And he even told me and Ryan don't travel together.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: He's just like what you guys are doing is that's don't even travel together. Because if freedom is the objective, there may be slightly different variations of but we'll get there even if it's not at the same time. But I think we need a lot of kistons firing and an engine, not just one. And we have to we have to begin to end. O will want or need to critique or overly criticize based on a past failure, because a failure is something you.
Speaker 2: Learned from that. And that's the part.
Speaker 4: It was like if people understood their relationship with the money, they would understand. It's like if my iPhone breaks, I don't say I'm never using Apple again.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna get another iPhone, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But if we like, and I bank with citizens, so shout out to citizens.
Speaker 2: But if they like, if they mess up.
Speaker 4: A deposit, It's not like y'all never banging with them again, I'm gonnaive them the same thingway.
Speaker 3: We gotta get it fixed. And again that's why I tell people like one day as a leader, which I wasn't even in the in the.
Speaker 2: Space to be.
Speaker 3: But akat another those people like that black women to make you leave. But you know, I want to say, my bad, I fucked up. Yeah, you know, let me, let me get back on the bus, figure out. And there's another reason I constantly consult with people too, you know what I mean. Even before saying yes to this, I called around to black men who had ran banks. I called around the people work, like, what do you think of this? What's been tech helped me understand? And I got, you know, at least and that I already knew, you know, already trusted Andy, already trusted Ryan because I've seen him do it.
Speaker 2: But I just wanted to learn more.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna like I found you guys, he's learning just kind of bausting around.
Speaker 2: You know, like right some time and the rain. Now I appreciate that. So what's your all right?
Speaker 3: So as far as business, because you're a business owner, obviously we're sitting in a business right now. So as you said, Brick and mart especially Brick and Martar businesses have been hit tremendously hard since the pandemic, especially black businesses over forty percent of black businesses have completely closed. So what is your opinion, because I personally think that, like some of the problems in the Black community as far as businesses, that we're too reliant on brick and martar because that's what we know.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's like we know sneaker stores, we know hair salons, we know restaurants, we know barber shops.
Speaker 2: They're all great because they're service based businesses.
Speaker 3: But in times like this, it's difficult because you have overhead, you have staff, you have things of that nature. So now you're you're going into the financial space, but you still have a brick and mortar business. You think there's a balance between the two for business owners, or I mean I think there has to be for certain businesses. You know, I think that people like the Congregated Fellowship. So you can only keep churches, restaurants, liquor stores, and barbershops closed along. You know them guys are gonna hang in front of that liquor store, you know.
Speaker 2: People are people are gonna come to get groomed.
Speaker 3: Essential business. Essential business litus comes and you can't get drunk and go front there. Realized the politicians sneaking us off but we have to change methodology. And here you come here now either you have a mask or we have one available. Take your temperature by appointment only. We have four people in the chair, can only be four of the people sitting, so you know, and my staff is great about that. I gotta I gotta get them. They keep it clean, they keep it sanitized. Our bathrooms are always That's a sticker of mine. Make sure I judge businesses. Bam was like, Yo, this, this might be the cleanest barbershop I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: Like I see mat.
Speaker 3: Chula, shots out Selene, what's my new guy's name? Shots out to Sam Selene? I thought Sam was cutting Celeena is such a pro. He got hired as an intern paid internship, you know, not a lot, but I would have bought a few fair of joys. But Selene also has has a talent of camera work. And he said, hey, I've worked myself out of internship. I'm still going to do this type of stuff for the shot, but I'm going to find a comparable replacement and train him.
Speaker 2: So I got to give him. Those are the.
Speaker 3: Type of people you want on team. And I spent a lot of years floundering in Barbara because what we had barbaring, because what we had was people who were used to the old school way in which I cut hair all.
Speaker 2: Day, but I don't clean up all day.
Speaker 3: It was I paid boover rent, so I feel like I'm an independent contractor. But you never have to worry about your air being hot, You never have to worry about it being called. You never or those things get solved quickly, but you never think about the variation of boove rerint never changed that type stuff. So I love working with people that get it, you know what I'm saying. And I love working with people that take cleaning the corners of a building as seriously as they take making sure that the light is on outside in that register, because you know, I have poured a lot into a dream that really is a platform for other people to prosper from. You know, I want to. I will not have succeeded if we do not do what Chick fil A did. Chick fil A took a novel concept and gave the first opportunity for franchising to members of the church and members of the family. They gave it to people they knew it would take pride in it. So Chick fil A has always been ran. It's a different type of pride. You know Andy Young talks about going and seeing Kathy Truett walk into stores and start cooking hisself. You know that that is a mission that's greater than I want to make a lot of money. That has added locations, that has sent kids to college because they got an amazing scholarship fund. People genuinely see happy when you walking Chick fil A, you're going to McDonald's saying you can tell they might not be treated. So my goal is too much like Chick fil A, grown ownership right from behind these barber chairs and behind that desk. So you know, if Selim or Sam or any intern that comes through here grows to become an owner. You know, shots out to mliss over with the Hawks and went from getting a ball girl, I think an the NBA for a bar now runs marketing for the Hawks. Those are the type of stories I want my platform, and that does come with making money, but that comes from having a team of people that add to that in that way.
Speaker 4: So I think that's why what you're doing, you guys are doing, it's so important because you get it right, like you know what it takes to give a loan or to a barbershop or here someone these businesses that typically.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't get along.
Speaker 4: But you said some interesting now your dreams, right, So the barbershop was that's a dream? And if so, what what's the next? Because I'm thinking of my mind, Like you didn't know the fintech. So this kind of just came along and it was a great opportunity.
Speaker 2: So what are the Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Wanted to own a like I wanted I want. I knew very young.
Speaker 2: I was ling very young. I was like this yard work shit, this is not for the real man. What are you? What are you talking? People selling drugs out here, Grandma.
Speaker 3: I seen my nigga take three hundred dollars my ground game and ragget dass lawnmow. I'm going, you know, pushing fucking more twenty five twenty bucks. And then old people like after they see you do it quick, maybe I shouldn't get it for nigga, this nigga twelve out scooter. You know, you don't think, oh, people can't slick you, but they're finesse you on the West Side.
Speaker 2: But when my.
Speaker 3: Mom took me the Decatur you know, my mom lived in the cab. Those people didn't mind paying twenty bucks. There was a kid living next door to me didn't mind getting paid ten, So I would charge ours twenty five, you know what I mean, I'd give him ten.
Speaker 2: Keep your teen is my lawnmower. I got do mainenance on this motherfucker dog.
Speaker 3: And so I learned very early that figure out the deal and figure out who smart. My mom had a good business money, you know what I mean. She was always about not working and figuring out ways to She was affloorished by nature as me, and she was an artist. She dated very successful. She did a very successful, successful drug dealer who opened up businesses as well. So she was just always thinking. So you know, for me, it's like it's my next thing. My next thing is mastering the thing that I started before I find a next thing. You know, the banking made sense, but I've been peeking and poking around there for the last six seven years. So this came and dropped in my lap. But it was too perfect not to do. And it's really a matter of me just getting out and getting a message out, getting the message out, let people know, hey, we're here, we're here. You have an option that doesn't lead you to the check cashing place after you get your summer camp job. Right, that's easy enough to do it. It's daunting getting up at six thirty in the morning because people with money are getting up early watching TV, you know what I'm saying. By the time nine o'clock traffic hit, they already in front of they tell they've done what they had to do. So that part is like, Okay, this is a riz is like a real job. I gotta wake up. But the brick and mortar stores that we do in terms of these shops, and I call them stores because what I learned really early is if I'm dependent on barbers and booth rent, I'm going to fail. I'm going to close because people's lives is happening. You don't know whose child needs what, you don't know what emergencies are coming up with their parents. A lot of barbers are talented people. They're making money on the quick, so they, like regular artists are entertainments or tradesmen, are responsible for more.
Speaker 2: People than themselves, you know.
Speaker 3: So I started to not understand because I still got to pay my rent. But I started to see the glitch in the matrix. So we are transitioning to a commission shop, right. So I've been talking to people like the owner of sports Clips. I've been talking to people like who worked in Floyd's and Ruty system getting it as we sharpen our system.
Speaker 2: But what kept us open and kept us prospering.
Speaker 3: And went from being just a pet project that I wanted to have a barbershop so I could have a guy's place to hang as long as it pay for myself. My business partner and wife, you know, don't be paid for it self. She wasn't gonna get me too much trouble. You know, my managers had sat out like now was paying for herself. You know, you make a make a grant to two after bootprint and all your bills paid. So it was like cool and I was like, but then I'm like, you know what, Like when I'm sending in a barbershop, how oftentimes I just need a T shirt? Like I just went to pick up some crack Forces and I got to go to the VP. I don't even want to go to the BP. I gotta go to the BP. I gotta get your volved a dollar. I don't even want no they T shirt quality whack. I do feel like going to DTL lot. So I started saying, why we're not selling T shirt? Yeah, we started selling T shirts. And then it goes from fussing and fighting with the barber about some money as they don't or don't have or how short the short to knowing I'm doing thousands of months in merchandise, and I start to understand that not only are we a barber shop, we're a cultural center and the swag shop unlike most barbers.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member fdic.
Speaker 2: Erness what's up.
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man. A Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Shops with shade Washington Road have the actual culture of arment. So our face is a paytent ret like a London staf barbershop. How Paul is reant like a London staff barbershop. Once you get in, try to keep it very simple in terms of what you see with the barbers. We use very you know, with manly stuff. You can grab this stuff out of Sinni Sears and Amazon ordered it drops. We have art because I'm a fan of art. Chris Hope did this from art refolks. He also did the band. We keep things very simple, very clean, very taste, very man like. And then we get you here. Come and look at the cool shit you can buy to master the nikes you just got for Walters, or the outfit for What's happening, or which we have a synbiotic relationship with other small businesses in which we want to make merch. The Travis, the Travis Uh, the Travis s guys drop the colorway is no accident.
Speaker 2: You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And I know that everybody doesn't want to wear the exact same outfits of the club. So our customers get exclusives one of one hundred and fifty May, one of two hundred.
Speaker 2: And fifty May.
Speaker 3: You know our staple shop shirt sell We got a Transformers, We got a star Stream shirt.
Speaker 2: Your barbershopp ain't got no fucking Starstream, you know what I mean. So that was my favorite cash.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you gotta see the one of the two raisers will make you do the senior one. So what we're in the business of doing now is making sure that not only do you get a shave washing room, a proper shave washing room, because you just sitting there. A getting a dry haircut is an experience. You might argue about sports, but a shave washing room is the only thirty minutes to an hour that the black man or American working class man gets. That's just his Your wife, No, I told my wife, you see much shit on buther fucking white mo don't call me. I'm in the barber shop. This is your this is your country club. And so after you get that cut and that exchange happens. Now you get here and you get to take a piece of that culture in the real world with you. And what you're also about to start seeing from us is content. We work with actual artists. Ian Claire as an artist, we work with, Chris Hovey is an artist. Scott Fuller is a graphic designer we work with. So as we drop stuff, you're going to see this stuff. Now leave And this is you know, when we talk about scharm Shaw were talking about to me, two of the most influential Black men walking face of the earth. It means something that you're in the shirt because this needs to say because on the best work determines your work, right, these men prove that work ethic determines your bod.
Speaker 2: It actually proves that. So in the real world.
Speaker 3: I want this culture to leave from behind the counter and go in the real world and create positive and sustement track. You know what, this reminds me of Troy, somebody that interviewed recently.
Speaker 2: I guess I know what you're gonna say. Said, Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Another hip hop les, especially when we come. We haven't dropped this interview yet. I'm I'm gonna let the count that's the man fucking talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the go.
Speaker 3: So it's crazy because you know he has a juice bar, Yes, I know in Yankas and we went we did the interview in the juice bar, and he was telling us how we actually before he got there, the staff was telling us how it changed the whole culture in the community, like people come and they look forward to getting the juice, and and it's like and then he was his white heim and his wife was telling us, Now they not only do the juices, but they got the online juice, and they got the merch, and they got the whole thing. They turned into a whole business. So it reminds me of the same thing. It's like, not only are you it's a cultural thing, like you said, it's a culture for the community, but you're integrated, vertically rested peace in this.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm going to because I'm like, yo, this is now like when we went to la we had to go to the marathon story too, right, and so it was like it becomes a cultural landmark, absolutely, and so like you I saw Nipsey out here, I'm like, yo, that's what you've created. After a cultural landmark, was like, now when you come to Atlanta, you have to come and you go to Yonkers.
Speaker 2: Yo, where's the juice bart? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And it provides not only opportunity for you, but also provides opportunity for the community. Because the next thing, it was like, Yo, how do we grow because maybe this merch sells out so fast?
Speaker 2: Now you got to get a factory.
Speaker 3: But that also was now a maybe we're in this Friday or this Friday or next Friday. I go about an hour north of here to look at screen pressing machines, as I own a garage not far from here. And you know, if you let's use around members, right, drug dealer talking. So we're going to use a ten thousand dollars number. Right, So you made ten thousand dollars last my fear employees ten thousand dollars. What if I've learned from my wife whose grandmother ran a liquor shothouse. Right, they think, no, they you see a pint, they know how much each shot out that pint costs them. How much they should make off of this plan? She says, Well, I say, well, how much it costs.
Speaker 2: To make the tea?
Speaker 3: Because if the cost is seven to make the ten, the paye three I want to make. I want to put three in and make seven out. I want to change that. Right, So I said, how can I cut costs? Because I'm looking at the shirts. We like a lot of color, but the more color used, more expensive shirts are. I said, Man, the fuck this shit? I said, I know somebody got laid off of furlough to fucked up. I know it's somebody that don't want to eat. I know it's somebody can run a screenprint operation. I got a building, why don't I just go buy my own machine. So we're in the process of doing that right now, right.
Speaker 2: I love Rick Cross's a business man. Rick Ross got three hundred sun Nakers, got hold of feel on shit. The first point is Nigga.
Speaker 3: Lay niggah pack the fucking graund Rick Ross starts a grass cunning company. The way he's shouting out John dem sure they gave a niggas a pre track. And now it's home boys that would say, hey man, let me hold a sound saying let me get a job, because most people want the dignity of having a job. And now he has a way to cycle his money within his own ecosystem. Maybe he got Trump's tax mo he shot out too, and now he's able to put the people around him on staff. He's able to dig up John deal. Well he got to have a deal. Roseay, you got to sell I need the John Deal. Yeah, I'm just about four the boy. I need to track the bad.
Speaker 2: But so that that's it. You have to start. You learn to do that.
Speaker 3: You learn to get in the game at first, and then start saying, well, what can I produce? What could I do you know, so whether it's Jay who got us into doing lighters, so you know, big lighters are not cheap, but there are all the lighters I use, but people are willing to pay. You know, it's easy to say a Knicks past to. You know, it's hard to say a dime, but you know it's easy to It's easy to.
Speaker 2: Say a nick. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like, so.
Speaker 3: We have the specialty items that are synonymous with kill a mic. If you watch Trigger Warning, you want to know where to get cripple Cole and blood Pop will just pop up. Go to the store, you get your Cripple col In, Blood Pop and more than like, you're gonna say, well, let me grab a new era, let me grab a lighter. White Woman came here last week plans. I just bumped up in the shop.
Speaker 2: I just popped up in. White Woman man spent two hundred and summer dollars.
Speaker 3: God blasts a beautiful cat Gunner tar listening to in the eighties. So this was the coolest mom ever in the middle of this shop with all black guys, nobody looking minuting. But she was just like my son loves y'all, and I wanted to come in he's to run the Jewels fanom like we are the coolest motherfucking mom. We took a great pick, but that type of stuff happens more often than not. And I've realized that the Slash Shop, and you know, a lot of people say it's a brand. It absolutely is a brand, but it's a brand based around the culture of black and working class barbershops. And what my ambition is to have, my small ambition is to have one hundred and fifty three in every major black market that's from Buffalo to Miami, from Los Angeles to Charlotte, to have three and to expand. I see now as I learn more about this game, and I see Floyd's and Rudi's and supercussion great clips, I don't see any reason why we can't get in excess to five hundred.
Speaker 4: So at this point, I'm thinking, when people see you, do they even think about music, Souse, The first thing they think about is like.
Speaker 3: Well, run of Jewleses top ten on the Billboard, two hundred, We sold a lot of records. We just did an adult swim special I only performance this year that's on HBO Max for a month. We arguably the greatest rap duo in the world right now. So I think that people know me from music, but I'm more encouraged that people know me for more than music.
Speaker 2: So my family's from Tuskege, Alabama.
Speaker 3: And if you talk about Lionel Ritchie, of course you start singing and people start thinking of great records. My family's a landown the family. So with my Auntius, remind you of you know he about he about a lot of l a baby. He did something with his money. He didn't just give it out the children. So first stop having children, not a wetlock. And they didn't buy some layer like Lyne of Richie, you know. And and I can attend to that because I was talking to a billionaire three days ago and he said, one of the most savvy business people I know is an entertainer name he calls nail, you know, white wol White Lie your nail rich.
Speaker 2: Now, that's dope.
Speaker 3: And even when we get to the bar before and he gave me an idea I never thought about.
Speaker 2: I go to the barber shops my whole life.
Speaker 3: And he was like, how many times you see the barber selling hair, grease, selling brooms, selling a brush, selling combes. We said, yeah, it's like what you would think like that, that makes sense, that makes complete sense. It's like, why would I have to leave the barbershop to buy I hate beauty stores with my wife, so we started brushing. I hate born in the beauty stores to buy my grease. So we'll make sure everybody gets a brushing stuff too. But beyond that, I found a black company based here in Atlanta, that Dutch private Lately that you sit down with, let them know what you want. They create a line for you. And we've got our own line created and we'll be using a black company as I sourced locally to supply our line. So by Christmas Day you'll be able. You'll get gus to get a package to take care of your skin, your beard, your face and all that. Because as a guy, man, I'm just simple. I'll go to the mall or again, I go to Walters or Wish or or I go to sneaker Cartel and I get my kicks.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like doing other shit. You know what I'm saying. I want to get Oh man, I'm in the shop. I got up. Oh give me that kill your mouses. Give me, give me that kill your mouses. Give me that brush and I need some grease. One stop shot, One stop shot man.
Speaker 3: Because I sat in my barber shop on the south side of the O G Shop, and I'm sitting there, you know, slightly stone, just observing, observing things, and I see a guy come in selling socks. I see a woman come in selling juices. I see another guy coming in selling shitty storefrom CV. You know what I'm saying. And then I'm saying, this isn't just a shop, this is a store. But and then you know, I got it where it was like again, where did I learned business?
Speaker 2: The trap?
Speaker 3: I start taxing people? Oh you come to myself. I got to have I got to have tea. What don't make no money? They ain't got nothing to do with me, you and my shot spinning. So then they start serving on the outside of the door. So then I said, well, hey man, you're.
Speaker 2: All a curd.
Speaker 3: You got to give me five, but you're not gonna come here and not facing taxations because every.
Speaker 2: Month man, this man want this money. Man. And this woman I sleep with.
Speaker 3: Then this fine beautiful woman, she liked money, probably as much as she liked me, and she liked me before I add money so I can't.
Speaker 2: Go to a telling them, baby, we ain't good. You got to pay me for it.
Speaker 3: And that's when I got the understanding that we're not a barbershop. We're a store housing crypt of coola and the blood pop doing selling out daily. Shouts out to Thug, he took a picture with the big Holly ball Low. He took a bunch of blood pop up bit to your session last night, so shouts out to Tip, shouts out to Thub, shouts out for Savage.
Speaker 2: They all is Jay partner with you on that? Or I know he had purchased something and put it in the lyric, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, yeah, man, he gave us a shout out like man to get a free jay Z shout out man, I'm like, I old Jay for life. If Jake calls me tomorrow and says I want to then what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Sir? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's it's still fledgling. We're still building it. We're still very proud of it, and we're determined to make it something. I think that there is room in the market for the brands that we built up with street fraternities, with neighborhood clicks, with dope sayings. You know what I'm saying, that should be an old boy Colone. I was so nobody saying Cam It's flying, Cam cauld Sell. Colone is easily as Johnny Tip. You know what I mean, really the old Johnny De. Yeah, like Cam would do that. So my thing is you have to do it for it to be done. So Criple, colon blood pop are real things right now. You can buy them anywhere. Exotic pop is so Exotic pop has been doing an adult job of getting it out there. You can buy that the locations at the Swashot locations and a few more places, and you want to you know, our goal is to go national. How you doing with stocks? I've seen a couples that's in my wife question again. You know I bought her after I like I bought I bought Shaye. These kind of gifts I get my wife crazel like if I'm just like in Linux, I went into the Apple Store and grass and figures, I'm gonna probably stop by Victoria's secrets grab liking panies and bosses.
Speaker 2: I like to see her, right, I'm probably you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Like, I'm probably gonna go you know, pop up at one of the high end perse stores, because that's just happy at this point, and I like seeing a happier face.
Speaker 2: But you do that so many times and you're just like, you know, this is it.
Speaker 3: It doesn't hit as hard because a woman, you know, like my woman, she likes security, she likes the purses, the boots and that stuff. But but in the last few years, I've gotten more about, let me buy you things that appreciate. So I bought her her grandmother's original house. I bought her a duplex in an empowerment zone. I bought a set of apartments. I bought a lot of cool things for her. Well, the apartment I fought for us. The other stuff I bought just for her because I wanted her to be able to make I told her early on, if you quit your job and just work helping me do me, I'll guarantee you one NY dollars. So I was like, my goals, make sure you make ten thousand dollars a month. And ain't got shit to do with me. And you know, a few months ago she came in and show me a piece of papers, said, you know you got me there. I acknowledge it I just want to tell you, thank you, I love you, you know what I mean. But my wife, but I started buying her stocks and just just ask if you fire hundred stocks just like you know, stuff that I know we're gonna always use. My grandparents, which is regular working class foks. But they bought me Coca Cola and Delta stocks because those were two of the biggest companies here. They knew those companies weren't going anywhere. So I don't know as much about stocks as she does, but I know she's been very happy.
Speaker 2: But I bought her a lot of it. So from Tuskige, Alabama. Right, That's yeah.
Speaker 4: My grandmother family the black to be in this moment where you have tens of thousands of people's signing up for your new venture, over one hundred hundred and ten thousand, I mean, just talking about the evolution, How does that feel at this moment?
Speaker 3: It feels exactly. My great grandfather's father was using New Tatie experiment. My great grandparents were sharecroppers. My grandmother also sharecropped until they bought their own land. They owned thirty three Aggas and Tuskegee that we still currently own. Lumber companies pay us to cut down trees and use the wood. So about you know, January had got a five hundred dollars check, bought me and my son some Jay's.
Speaker 2: Actually, but it was time for him. He grew.
Speaker 3: He had a gross bird, and you know it was good to see that something. My great grandparents worked their butt off, you know, they really worked, They really worked fingers at the ball. My great grandmother argued with her husband that she didn't give a damn if it was you know, pickings, even time to harvest everything. That her children were going to school just like their white folks kids. So my grandmother and then were able to go to school, and my great grandmother had to work doubly and triply as hard as a woman, and her and my great grandfather provided a platform for their children to then come to Atlanta, to not need or want to educate themselves, and to become working class nurses, mechanics, you know, just the American dream. Just able to buy home, maybe have a rental property, take your kids on the cash. I really had the chocolate version of the American dream thanks to my grandparents raising. My grandfather grew up. His father abandoned them at ten years old. He had to raise his two sisters with his mother very hard times. His brother in law brews moonshine. He ran moonshine to Atlanta. His cousin had a shot house in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: You know, my.
Speaker 3: Grandfather had a radically different life, but it was one of the most kind and sweet man you'll ever want to meet. But he was ultimately a libertarian. In his fossip youths. He wanted the government not involved in his life. He wanted as least amount of taxes as possible, and he wanted the opportunity to fish hunt. He left the fuck along.
Speaker 2: You know. He took care of him and his family, and he took care of his neighbors.
Speaker 3: If we went and caught fifty craft mean walleyte those fish were cleaned by my sisters and grandmothers in the back, they were frozen.
Speaker 2: We kept twenty five.
Speaker 3: The other twenty five were distributed, passed four of the fives to the poor and elderly around them. So, you know, for me, my family ingrained in me what you should be as a man. My job is the first and foremost take care of myself mentally, fields the spiritually. That's why I came to be in the gym in the morning, but I go. That's why I drink the water instead of cold, because I want to live a long time see my grandkids. And that's why I take care of my money, because I don't want my grandkids working from a place of treading water to try to get to land after they start on the beach, so that they can build refuge and help the other people that are coming in have something.
Speaker 2: You know, so I did.
Speaker 3: I am doing what my great grandfather and grandmother did, what my grandparents did, and what my mother and father done, and I'm being responsible to myself and my family and accountable to my community.
Speaker 2: That's powerful.
Speaker 3: So as far as Green, I know you guys haven't launched yet, but can people Like are they signing up?
Speaker 2: It's like on the wait list waiting lists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're jumping up on the waiting liss now and the amusement park offers up there as they providing jobs, so like if somebody wants to work on the other end, So like, I.
Speaker 2: Know they are hiring people now.
Speaker 3: They they've actually poked some great minds from one of the big well a couple of the big four institutions. I think more people are being brought off, but I can hit Ryan to the answer. We actually charls a little, talking my gout a little out here. He actually was just talking to Ryan, and so we're gonna have a call with him next week.
Speaker 2: That's good. Ryan's a great gutta be dope to a great business mind.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, yeah, I'm sure that because I have some questions even about like the ATM, like you could take money out of the ATM, right, yeah, so that that's dope. So it's like for people because most people are just so used to just bricking more than banks. Yeah that I like breaking still, yeah, I like going. I have both though, Like you have a Capital one account which is on last and now I got it. You got a lot of money too.
Speaker 2: The man fell right now.
Speaker 3: So I want to ask you one more question with Kobe Rack because you said something that was very interesting. In a while ago, I saw an interview your thoughts on education because Troy used to be an educated well but he used to be a public school We had a whole argument. We had a whole because me and him is like complete opposites when it comes to school. He worked in schools for his whole life. Pretty much. And I'm like the anti school person, even though I do have a college degree.
Speaker 2: I said, you're the smart niggawree.
Speaker 3: But the thing about it is, I feel like self education has taught me so much more than form.
Speaker 2: So you would be my grandfather. Okay, So I told my grandfather I got a more house.
Speaker 3: He's like, in your house.
Speaker 2: I was like, nah, actually I can't.
Speaker 4: I told his perspective is always jaded because he's speaking from a place now. I knew him when he was in sixth seventh grade. I knew him when he was in ninth grade. He needed to be there right now, I said, not even from like an academic standpoint, but from the social environment. And some of the academics and things like ye after eighth grade don't even matter, And I'm like, we kind of still need something, something we don't need.
Speaker 2: Why I think school matters. I'm a name names.
Speaker 3: Stanley Pritchard, Robert hitch Pitts, Chief Judge, Joshah Jackson, Cameron Dollar, Michael Rinchard, Tip Harris, Keisha, Lance Bobs, Michael Julian, Marvin.
Speaker 2: Airy, Derek.
Speaker 3: All these people are pretty elite amongst having accomplished things in Atlanta. The first five or six people I named were direct classmates of mine. So I was socialized around n c A, a champions Chief judges, professional football players, and businessmen. And I was socialized and educated around these people when we were in the sixth grade, in seventh grade and eighth grade, and I knew I could be a rapper because I knew my friend.
Speaker 2: Play out of basketball.
Speaker 3: So Cameron Dollard, who went on to one of right, So Camera's Me and Cameron were elementary school rivals. All we did was fun as we fought, and I give credit Cameron a lot for challenging me as a kid, like he challenged this, and that's just for nothing.
Speaker 2: We were both to the chubby guys he had a men had.
Speaker 3: Cameron is an amazing testament to mentality because his dad was one of the most winning coaches in the state.
Speaker 2: He coached at Frederick Douglas High School.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Cam, Cam really sharpened me in terms of saying, letting me know that all your friends ain't gonna gently encourage you, so I'm gonna push the shit out of me.
Speaker 2: So we played, you know, on a team, Cam and like losing. So Cam, if I had to be on his team.
Speaker 3: He was pushing me the whole guy like chubby as now. So I remember I Shall telling us at twelve she's going to need to make it and a lawyer and said we were like, fucking man, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: The man? It's not even a girl.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Assha is a fucking she judged the cap got the one of the most powerful women the state of Georgia. They just took a program she created to make this state wide program. And I'm just like she told us, I should push me to go to a dinner last week. At the dinner is a friend of mine in late I mean not the late former mayor of Atlanta on the senior read all these other prestigious black men, just to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: That's want another.
Speaker 3: That's how much she cares about me that she pours in my club so school. In terms of socialization, most people who look like us have to wait until they go to a history through the Black College.
Speaker 2: University to get that type of encouragement.
Speaker 3: I got that encouragement in third grade from fighting camera grade for my best friend Robert Hicks.
Speaker 2: In ninth grade from now chief judge Roshah Jackson.
Speaker 3: My greatest economic encourager was a man named William or Bill Murse.
Speaker 2: He's an art teacher at Frederick Lovel's High School. He's a reason that I'm that I love art and just saying I figured out a way to make money.
Speaker 3: You know I love art, right. He also was the first person to tell all these little want to be dope boys. They sent me to his his art class twice. That was smart, But I have I like to fight. Oh you said, my god, let's do his school a lot of school suspension. So they just sent me to him twice a day. Send him begins at the end of the day. Man, we don't save peoples. Yeah, I'm Herrige classes. Mister Murrige the first person to say by land by the Dawn because he understood that the bluff the Blessed is where people went to vi hera and die. But he understood that that land being sold at that time one dollar five dollars. The city just needs to get it off, was going to become valuable. That land is the same place that my wife amised me not to buy demon and by the department and buying that without having touched it. It went from a two hundred and fift thousand dollars investment to being worth in excess of say one hundred thousand dollars. So he prepared me for that. He's the same person that calls me now, like compete, son, out of my guard. You need to eat healthier like so he, like you, was just an educator, that's what he is. But he was the first person to help us understand this little want to be d boys and players and pimps and whatever we thought we wanted to be.
Speaker 2: You know that you money is a tool or a weapon to be used.
Speaker 3: It's not something that you just put gold gold fronts end from doctor Joshrey and well started jacket and some feebles and be the coolest in school.
Speaker 2: It's a tool for you to use.
Speaker 3: Mister Murray never really worried about the rules of school because he was co owner of Murray Brother's funeral home. He owned land at another dome when he used parking like people ain't gonna never stop dying. If you burying people, you're gonna stay, You're gonna be good. Yeah, you know a long time so I he went to Booker T. Washington High School, noticed the names of the high schools. I'm saying to Frederick Guggam's Booker T Washington book T Washington educated, Lena Horne and Martin Musther King educated. Most of the educators that educated me educated mister Murray and then went to Morris Brown College. Mister mister Murray gave me a scholarship with Morris Brown. I choose to take a scholarship at morehouses States.
Speaker 2: No, it's coming back, Doctor Kevin is bringing that one back. So margs brown back.
Speaker 3: Just look at all the black confidence buildings that I encountered every step of the way. You know, Herman and Russell, the largest black real estate development in Southeast built the only Scotch breaker in our skyline has a step that is thinking of Georgia Pacific building only black devil. I think to build that lived five streets back from me. I grew up in the little working class houses that buffered them, you know, from projects, and then they leave them to enter our class. You know, I joke and I laughed about the blue Flame. But the blue flame it's all about Michael Kato, whose father was mister Koe. What's the mister k don't do we don't know the paper bags got delivered to the marching organizers, so what the buses could get paid for and people could get killed.
Speaker 2: I mean, people wouldn't get killed that they were protected by people like the Deacons of Defense.
Speaker 3: You know that happened because people like miss Kato, you know, people that the good boogie black folks were frown up.
Speaker 2: Hut.
Speaker 3: You know, my dad told me one time about working booking when mister Kato came in and had been arrested, and I said, what to say? He was drunk and school the brown to say them diamonds and he was wearing was blinded everybody. He was such a gentleman. He went down the sat and fom his things and problem, and I said, what happened?
Speaker 2: He d say.
Speaker 3: Eventually a Jewish lawyer came and he got right out, you know what I mean. So I just those are the stories and.
Speaker 2: The characters I've grown up with.
Speaker 3: Well, I just wrote a letter for a person ain't Stephen Jones, and he's another big part of the reason we're sending this barbershop. I ran in Adamsville, so in the front my grandmother's front door. Adamsville was that way in their back door bank head. So Tip grew up a few sheets for me, so he ran more sensiment bankhead. I had a great grandmother since so I didn't want to insensible. My auntie was an alibill, so I d up getting out of the shrub.
Speaker 2: I wanted to.
Speaker 3: But Steve I used to go to, who was from going home. He was from Chorlie Lows, Alan Rogers. Steve was twenty three years old, already had twenty three twenty four houses rental properties, already had toe trucks, already had barbershops. And he would allow me to just kind of sit and he just give me game, like my cousin cut. My cousin Jimmy actually was cutting in his shop and he.
Speaker 2: Just you know, I was like it.
Speaker 3: I was a chither of little black head, big buck to smile, white smile.
Speaker 2: But he was the first person to tell me, get you one little chain. He said.
Speaker 3: He said, well a Roman, he said, like a white man said, you wear a Roman? He said, white folks, children, you know I ain't gonna tell you that, he said, but you know, he saying, keeps me a white shirt. So Steve would wear chrias guest jeans, a stiff white shirt or polo style shirt.
Speaker 2: Very simple presidential roles he had on.
Speaker 3: But if you knew money, you knew he had something. So I just would just sit there and I'll sit down here and be talking to me, and dudes be bringing him McDonald's fast full of ash. But he just impartd all his wisdom. Never offered for me to be a runner for him, never offered me, no plays, but he just poured a practical wisdom. And for whatever reason, I don't know, but twenty years removed from that, you know, he gives a thirty years remove from that, I get a chance to write the judge on his behalf and say, you know, please allow this man to come home. You know what I'm saying, because if he comes home, I can guarantee you that I'll help him have employment. And many of the lessons that he was learning illegally he passed on to me and I have been able to use him for the betterment of the community.
Speaker 2: So he is he has a redeemed factor. That's one of the proudest moments. I don't know because I haven't heard back from.
Speaker 3: The judge yet, and I haven't heard back from Steve, but Steve Digget to let him to judge at the letter. But I'm hoping that how long has he been inside? I think he's rounding up on teen. He had got out for a while. Okay, he snatched back and God bless everybody inside man, everybody for sure kill him like man has been a.
Speaker 2: Every music us we gotta do.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna freestyle no no, no, no no no no, get your cash cash Greenwood Baby be on your ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah bar, I'm not gonna ask the best artists from Atlanta. I'm just gonna say, what are the three greatest albums that have come.
Speaker 2: Out of Atlanta? Three greatest albums? Good question? You gotta come out of Atlanta? Good question? Uh huh, that's a tough one. I would say the greatest hip hop albums. Sorry, you're gonna be tell you. If you don't say one, I know which what you're gonna think up too?
Speaker 4: Can I give your mind spurts from a New York inspectrum? All right, So I'll start, and I'll start with uh, Equimini. I think equipment is probably number one for me.
Speaker 2: I think I don't. I'm not gonna say trap music because I think King is a better album.
Speaker 4: I'll say that, and then I will say for me, just on the person that I gotta go, I'm gonna go back to outcasts, but I'm gonna speaking about love below.
Speaker 2: But Dre's part two thousands album. I listened to big boys, but the two thousand side me.
Speaker 3: You know off the trap, say trap trap music, change the game a whole lot, Doug motivation, one.
Speaker 2: On one scratch motivation.
Speaker 3: And then of course, you know, the greatest, one of the greatest albums of all time Confessions. I said hip hop though the classes in that that's Atlanta. That's Atlanta. Shout out to usher Man. I mean, so, what's your what's what's your top three? That's a New York respective.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't really have a top three that you that you grew up on. Maybe maybe just whatever, just your favorite what I'll just say, artists that.
Speaker 3: I'll give I'll give artists that I think deserve recognition, that will that never get named it's a big machine, weren't behind.
Speaker 2: And I'll give you three artists that matter a lot of Atlanta. Uh Ali, So you hear any of those songs about you know.
Speaker 3: That that is that is that is that is Ali and he was as daring and brave and singing as Andre three thousand ever was, and weirdly dressing before Andre three thousands right.
Speaker 2: Uh, So Kilo is definitely to be heralded.
Speaker 3: DJ Toomp cool and I connect him because DJ Tump was there doing mc sh i d who was a transplant from the Bronx here who came to Atlanta kind of set off that the possibility.
Speaker 2: It can happen.
Speaker 3: He was the DJ and making beats back then to Jedus Round. He also went to work at for Uncle Luke Records for a while and then he ended up inventing co inventing the sound for what we call trapp trapped. My good friend TII who major listed rightfully.
Speaker 2: So and so that's q R Lee.
Speaker 3: That's DJ Toomp and I'd like to give a person and outcasts him shine because he's one of the greatest DJs in the world. He's one of the greatest musical conductors of one of the greatest groups in the world, but although never considered a part of the group, as instrumental in why they put on amazing live shows. And that's DJ cut Masters Swift, who also comes down because for US and it's featured on the New Ben and Jerry's Holy Lamb, a vote collaboration with one of the Jewels that's on HBO.
Speaker 2: Max all month.
Speaker 3: He cuts on Goonies versus DT and just so people can get some contexts, this the equivalent of having Slash come out and justuitar your ship because he likes you and doesn't charge you for it. So I would say those three people have had a bigger effect. And you can argue albums because when you're gonna talk about it, you know, you leave out people like Chris Cross.
Speaker 2: Jermaine and them kind of kicking.
Speaker 3: Gut Chris Cross. You don't get out pants without out pants. You don't get the often left thoughts of this goodie mob. Al Is on the show Amaze exactly. The second album was even wilder and the first album.
Speaker 2: And I feeling so you have you're leaving off, You're leaving out them.
Speaker 3: You leave off Kilo Mafia trade from the Deck, who was amazing, you know, was getting to Luda and also not mentioned in the Atlanta context, although Jeezy from Atlanta by where this way he got then originally from making It's a little further even south than making a place called or.
Speaker 2: All Benny Georgia that produced a group called.
Speaker 3: Fild Mobs of the County in terms of accent and enable. Our wrap of Christmas wrapping Rapper with eight Arms Smoke and Son Jay are two of the greatest lyrics is ever produced from Georgia.
Speaker 2: Red Clay.
Speaker 3: So for me, there's a whole list of people that you never think but I definitely acknowledge it and.
Speaker 2: Agree with about the new including users rock with us, New Dudes. What new dudes are like? Man?
Speaker 3: I like the new waves. Man, I'm I don't know if you can even call it like Doug New anymore. I love I love a savage just drop, I love I love a sunny Digital and metro Booming created.
Speaker 2: Light Year as a young artists.
Speaker 3: I love Resting peaster An artists named Bags who's from the cater rich mean brother who died in a clarts then he was absolutely amazing. Ra Ros another guy Earth Game missed a lot of Big Lotto is amazing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I can't forget got out walked to Gucci Gui.
Speaker 3: Giving people opportunity, and I think oftentimes yeah, yeah, he's giving people opportunity and and and it's probably gonna be in the in the sainthood of having blessed people in this lifetime. So I got to give that and all the guys that have made it beg here have blessed people. I gotta say that. Glucci, though constantly is co signing what it seems the next wave is. And I really and I really see that, and you can see it in the people he's in partiers and with you.
Speaker 2: Look at little baby. When I asked my that's my son, that's my love. That's not only because he wrapped his ass off. He's wives and young. This year I asked my son Pony. I was like, who you like right now?
Speaker 3: He was like, I said, free Rado. He said, yeah, that I like Rabo, the rob on that's locked up Free Rollo, who's from Simpson. But there's another kid out of Bama.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 3: He was like, check him out, and I think he's on babies Michael too, baby.
Speaker 2: Sitty girl.
Speaker 3: You know, not from Atlanta, you see, do you know? But we've had great artists. Man, the grip Flaves, you know what I'm saying. Judge comes on to the dungeon, FamoSOS legend and legend. I knew they was gonna be one of it was who I used to tell them this at the airport. And I see when I still some type of like, hey man.
Speaker 2: Every time I see all y'all dressed a lot, y'all got y'all.
Speaker 3: You know, when they were still cut some flights, I was like, man, the boys like them, Boy's gonna bloat.
Speaker 2: And the next thing you know, the game. Man, it's easy. I'll be happy for folks. Man, I want people to practice that more.
Speaker 3: Be happy when you see people succeeding, as it gives the possibility of you succeeding a greater chance. But nah, Mike, man, it's been a pleasure. Once again, I appreciate you. You really really doing a great job for the coach, and not just the coach, in the whole entire world. And for you to take time out of your busy schedule absolutely to sit with us is really humbling. And how can the people get more information on all the endeavors? How can they support the business? Just follow me on Instagram, killing Mike, you get to see what I'm running around supporting banking seafood, which I call on t I Noel Kalil who's a successful developer. Here you get a chance to see what we're doing in the slash shop and go to the bulls of slash Shop. Edward the slash Shop edguy come here and you also get to see.
Speaker 2: What we're doing with green With. So follow bank bring with as well. It's just I'm always putting up. I put up cars, I like, I put up, I put up, put up a lot of rations, ship too, businesses, businesses I like, and art and artists I like. You know, so you know, if you follow me, you'll get a sense of the stuff that I'm doing.
Speaker 3: And I just appreciate what you guys are doing in terms of being the platform and providing playing speak in.
Speaker 2: The in the midst of business speak.
Speaker 3: Right, there's a lot of times we don't pull the trigger because we're afraid. We're not even afraid of failing, we're afraid of not understanding. And you guys help bring about, you know, wisdom and understanding and and and eliminate some of the anxiety and fear that people have. That's one reason I started following it again AKA Nney. You guys have to follow her. Besides being wickedly clever or retort to the people, but she doesn't do as much.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: What she does is help you to confer the fear and anxiety back in fronting the realities of going into stuff, so that you go in prepare. You know what I'm saying, you're not afraid of the shootout, if you trained, you know what I'm saying. And if you know how to medically.
Speaker 2: Take care of yourself and you're not as afraid. You know so because you're prepared. She really helps us be prepared.
Speaker 3: She gave me some advice. Wants to take the focus off so much you right, and put it on your brain. And what I did was married part of who I was with the brand. So other companies, you know, when this stuff pops off and run the Jules is doing well, or when Mike said something on TV, people saying the light, they'll come and get me.
Speaker 2: They'll give me some money to say, hey, stand behind our brand. But I'm like, if my face.
Speaker 3: Can sell a pair of sneakers, if my face can help Catillac, or you know, if my face can help you know.
Speaker 2: A beer aligned, why can't my face go on merch for my shop?
Speaker 3: And why can't we replicate that then with other people so we've been given permission by some other artists to also use their images.
Speaker 2: So we're wanna partner with artists that sing and dance, and we're gonna partner with actual artists that I like.
Speaker 3: So there's a whole world out there of cool things happening that we have an opportunity to money size and if you follow me, I'm gonna be you know, using it. And I'm always looking for people to work and collaborate with. So look forward to some cool T shirt collaboration. Look forward for some cool products of merchandise and stuff.
Speaker 2: For your hair.
Speaker 3: Face again, Scout beer, and you know, if you come to Atlanta, three sixty five Edwood are right here to home Base, right here to the flagship store. Our other store is on thirty four to sixty one rows Gold Highway. We have one to State Farm Arena as closed through the cold and the NBA, but we're gonna be branching out over the next two years. Ten more school.
Speaker 2: So Troy House keeping a shot.
Speaker 4: Everybody on Patreon dot com, y'all know that's our prod to pay program.
Speaker 2: Shout everybody that has a T five member.
Speaker 4: Y'all also have access to E y l University, the number one online school for business and anything related with finance. Man, So shout everybody that's in there. We got a four thousand members, we all of y'all. Shout to gen that's been holding us down. And shout everybody that is supporting the merch and our team, our team behind them. Shout out to my man Ben, and shout out to Smithy. Man, they here with us today. Man, I watched these guys work at four am the other night. Man I was I was highly impressed. Man, So shout out to that we got some new merch coming.
Speaker 2: So be on the lookout. We got youself, Tore Atlanta.
Speaker 3: We love you, We love you, We appreciate you guys, and thank you for rocking with us.
Speaker 2: Well, see you next week.
Speaker 6: Peace, Peace, You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites Indeed sponsored jobs. Your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need