Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor set, De, Montree Moore, and new E Scrugs.
Speaker 3: It is time for the Players Lounge as we.
Speaker 4: Are rolling here on Thanksgiving weekend here at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: All right, you know the crew. Anthony Dorset is in here.
Speaker 4: We've got a special guest because Barry Church don't work on Thanksgiving week We got Anthony Brown, a former Cowboy cornerback here in the house.
Speaker 3: We got former Cowboy Trey Moore, and we're taping the show.
Speaker 4: Actually, we're doing a show live in front of a live studio audience.
Speaker 5: We got the Brown kids, all three of them.
Speaker 4: All right, give it ages, Anthony Brown.
Speaker 2: I got nine, six and three.
Speaker 5: We gotta get the full line up.
Speaker 2: Anthony Brown Jr. Yeah, Major, Brown, Major, and we got Milo.
Speaker 4: Brown Okay, I remember, yeah, outstanding, outstanding.
Speaker 3: So so three boys, we're done.
Speaker 5: Little girl was up.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So with y'all doing it three years apart, like it just turned out like god wanted man.
Speaker 4: Okay, all good, all right, So anything wanna start with this. How many former Cowboy players, right guys on the team right now did you play with on this current Rocks?
Speaker 5: How many?
Speaker 2: It's probably a good seven, good seven eight. Let me see if I can name him. You got Dak C. D Donald Wilson, Malie Hooker, Sam Williams, Olsa Rbury, Tyler, Tyler Smith, still, Darn Steell, still Elite Davis, Elik Davis. So I'm already at ten, they said, yeah, I said, hook already, Dante Fowler eleven eleven, playing.
Speaker 3: Twelve twelve, Diggs digs thirteen thirteen.
Speaker 5: Does he count?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 6: I had to take berry spot my bad.
Speaker 2: That's all I could think I was talking about right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, thirteeneen. That's a good chunk. That's a good chunk.
Speaker 2: So twenty two, it wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 7: Now, come on now, So that means that you're still ready to go out there when hey, hey, but you you you got on the tire today, look like you just have some team issue stuff.
Speaker 5: What you talk about? Hey man?
Speaker 7: I told him, I said, hey, I'm trying to go get a try out after this. Okay, see okay, I heard ab was in the building. He was still in shape, and I said, let me go ahead put all my stuff. You know he was my teammate too. So do I count like I count like thirteen point five?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 5: Did y'all play? I'm on the media roster.
Speaker 2: Sure I was. I want to produce so oh?
Speaker 7: I thought he said you went to no, no no. I said, we were teammates here, cowboy man, Yeah, eleven and a boiler maker.
Speaker 3: Boiler up, boiler up.
Speaker 8: Hey, y'all, still you still got to win the big game. Shout out to them boiler makers. They produced some good dbs too, sir, heyre man.
Speaker 3: Hall of famer about to be Drew Brees up in there. Yeah, a quarter day.
Speaker 4: They school going to produce two Hall of fame quarterback, Lynn Dawson Andrew Brees.
Speaker 7: What you got A and m hey we got we got miles.
Speaker 3: Future future huge quarterback.
Speaker 6: I thought you said hall of famers, My bad.
Speaker 3: I said, hall of fame quarterback.
Speaker 5: You know who is the number two school with hall of famers?
Speaker 4: I think it would be Pittsburgh playing Casburg? Message, Why you guys mess up to the A C C Like the Georgia Tech was on their way there.
Speaker 7: They thought, exactly, man, man messed up my boy Haines keen man journey.
Speaker 5: I'm like, bro, come on.
Speaker 7: Because you know, if he would have made it, I would have been like that apostrophe because he was started with the agis.
Speaker 6: But y'all messed that up though. But yeah, no matter, like.
Speaker 3: Kyler Murray the lead going to Heisman.
Speaker 7: That's that's why you still got that A and M on your resume. Now, we we built.
Speaker 4: It, by the way, I call it right now, call right now, Texas winning, Texas gonna beat the augiet Text, gonna beat him exactly.
Speaker 5: It's a A.
Speaker 3: That's gonna beat him.
Speaker 7: A B.
Speaker 2: What you think man in Austin, in Austin, as mean exactly, Aggie's in Austin.
Speaker 3: Not a good thing.
Speaker 5: Not not a good thing.
Speaker 3: Not a good thing.
Speaker 2: We'll just tell you, man, I mean, we'll see what you like. South Carolina like South Carolina.
Speaker 7: You're right, it ain't gonna be like South Carolina. It's gonna come out with the steam roll. What are you talking about? Do you not see what is going on?
Speaker 5: Eleven? And oh, there we go.
Speaker 3: It's gonna work out good.
Speaker 5: I look like that the way I threw that right there, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I'm just saying with the live.
Speaker 4: So so Trey had a pretty good note here talking about the show.
Speaker 3: What do you want to get into George.
Speaker 2: Pickens O, my son loved George Pickts man.
Speaker 7: George, No, I think that's a great way to start. Let's get his opinion since he's a DV like the yes, sir, so Hey.
Speaker 8: Look, obviously, what I'm beginning to recognize is they don't appreciate or respect what I say about receivers in here, because like.
Speaker 5: When GP got here day one, I was like, hey, he's the.
Speaker 8: One, he's this, he's that Jesse Holly set up in here.
Speaker 5: Try to tell me, like Jesse didn't cover somebody before.
Speaker 8: But he's sitting over here trying to tell me, like, nah, CD the harder cover, like CED go inside outside, it's it's it's a little bit different. But what's what's the harder covers? That dude who could catch any ball? That's the hard cover.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. But what you what you think? Now?
Speaker 2: Being fortunate enough, I gart it both of them. You know, I got the CD E every day and practice, and I got it Pickings a couple of times. And what's the question, who's difficult to guard or what's the question?
Speaker 7: I wouldn't even say more difficult to guard because I feel like you've seen them in different phases of their career, but right now where they're playing at because we know as players, what do they always tell us You're only good as your last rep. So right now, what you've seen in this season, last game, everything up to this point, who would you say is the better receiver out of George and CD?
Speaker 5: Who's one A, who's one B.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to create.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the point.
Speaker 2: We're talking about to day. Right now, George Pickings is playing like the top two receiver in the NFL.
Speaker 3: And here's how you backing it up? What you say?
Speaker 4: Okay, George Pickens right now second in the NFL and receiving yards one fifty four.
Speaker 3: He has more yards by himself than the.
Speaker 4: Total of the Pittsburgh Steeler whide receiving court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, playing like it.
Speaker 3: This man broke the curse.
Speaker 4: Because normally you're receiving league Pittsburgh outside of Plexico burst, it doesn't go well for you. So George Pickens has broken that curse. When it comes to twenty five plus yard receptions in the National Football League, right now, he's tied for second. Intent he has fifty seven first down receptions, tied for first.
Speaker 3: So when you need it, the man is moving the chance.
Speaker 4: There it is, and here's George Pickens with eight receiving touchdowns, third in the National Football League. Nobody on the Cowboys had more than what was his seven last year? I think with Jalen Tolbert had that mark. So George Pickens right now is not just playing like a one. He's playing like a guy that when they come out with the All Pro team, he'll be first or second. Right now, the way this first or second team, the way this thing looks, I don't even know if they do first second team, they just do four receivers. But right now, the man is playing the ballet straight ballt The one person who has more than him right now in terms of receiving yards is Jackson Smith and Jigbuk who's from here from DFW Triple that.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's pretty impressive. Then contested catches. Right now, according to Pro Football Focus, George Pickens is number one in the league with eighteen. Puka Nakua is second with sixteen. I don't think I've seen him drop the contested ball.
Speaker 5: George, Yes, I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: Remember with his hands too, like yeah, every time. And when you talk about third down threats, we said he was. He was tied for a second in the league in terms of first down conversions, he's tied for second. Keenan Allen of the LA Chargers is first with twenty one. So twenty one first down conversion. Yeah, I mean, dude, dude, what he's doing here is just phenomenal. This is this is bawling at another level of what he's doing right now.
Speaker 4: So what you said here Anthony Brown is on point. He is playing better football than Cede Lamb right now, one hundred percent. You know, every any pass that touched his hands is being caught. The yak after the catch, it's crazy. You know, he's a deep threat, he's a route runner. What can he not do? Okay, So here's a question I got for both of you guys, being corner d and in safety, who are you doubling right now? If you're Kansas City Steve spack Noel, who you doubling? You doubling the lamb. Are you doubling Pickings?
Speaker 5: Start?
Speaker 2: I'm going to double seed. I'm gonna double Pickings and put McDuffie on CD.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's got you gotta double George, I mean, and you CD is in the place right now where he got to show improve more so than anything. So at this point we talked about this in the past few weeks, how we would play them. I would double George and then put my second dude, second best corner, or I probably put my first best corner.
Speaker 5: On CD opposite.
Speaker 8: You can with that double team, you could put your your second corner over there with George possibly, you know what I mean, because you got to double help over the top, but you got it. You definitely got to double George right now. He's too much of a threat. The body's too big. He's catching everything, every contested catch, you know what I mean. And the similar fact that he has not been moved into the slot yet. It's just a situation that just not hasn't happened yet. But I'm sure that from watching his route tree that he can line up inside or outside inside as well and make it happen in there.
Speaker 3: Two correct, So we think about just to go through this list right now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start with you on this train just receiving yards, Okay, Jackson, Smith and Jagba Seattle one, Pickings is two Pooking a coup of LA's three, Amara Ras Saint Brown, four, Jamar Chase Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: He's behind him. And then it's Drake London looking at these guys right now? Who the best two? You got to pick an all probs, your first team up pro. You gotta pick two right now?
Speaker 3: Where are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm going.
Speaker 7: I'm going with those top two guys right now. The guys that were involved in the trade like that win to each other. Number one, number two the way that he's playing over there with Sam Darnold, who some people said that is in the top ten quarterback in the league, and he's number one in most every category. Then you have George Pickings coming over here. Who's the number two? Who isn't that far off from the number one position? If I'm not mistaken, I believe Jackson might have a thousand and seventy something yards.
Speaker 4: And thirteen yards for Smith and Jig but and then Pickings is fifty four, so they're the only two thousand.
Speaker 7: They're the only that was the stat that I've seen this morning. They're the only two thousand yard receivers. And for me right now, honestly, I would take George Pickings just because he's a little bit bigger of a body frame and the energy that he's bringing. Like when you see George picking pancakes somebody, he reminds me of my tenure when I played out in San fran George Kittle. The way that George Kittle go out there and block somebody and then come over there and he's excited and then tells the coach like, hey, give me the ball, Like you're seeing that from George Pickings, but in wide receiver form.
Speaker 5: So that's what's.
Speaker 7: Making him so such a multi talented threat right now.
Speaker 6: So I'm going with those two.
Speaker 5: Who'll go.
Speaker 4: Okay, Smith and Jig, but Pickings poking the cool amar Ros Saint Brown, Jamar Chase, Drake London, Poor George Jefferson ain't even on the list right now.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Yeah, that's that's a tough list.
Speaker 2: That's a tough list.
Speaker 5: You know a couple.
Speaker 2: I'm tall he talking the two for the first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you're a voter because the voters got to write it down. You know, the voters got to write down first team. So if you putting that first team all pro wide receivers, who you're two right now?
Speaker 2: My too? Right now, I'm gonna go. I gotta go Smith. And because he's just been having a crazy year, I can't. I can't ignore that, you know, just the stird of pot. I'm I'm gonna take Pooka. I'm gonna take Pookah, just the sturdy pot because I would say Pickings, but Hookah is different man.
Speaker 3: He is different man, different, But he got hurt.
Speaker 5: He's special. But didn't he get hurt this year?
Speaker 2: And he's back, he's still still.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he's producing doing it. But what do they say, like in the locker room, availability is the best? Is not?
Speaker 5: Watch? Say? Did you not just watch Sunday Night with George Pickens? I did I guess the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: That your same answer?
Speaker 5: You get? No, I mean, you know, everybody got their own opinion.
Speaker 8: I was just asking, so my two like you you can't deny uh the kid in Seattle this year thirteen hundred yards that's crazy? Like yeah, seriously, so and with that, you know, and I'm like you I got stirred upart a little bit too.
Speaker 5: Now you took Pookah, so I'm gonna take Chase right, you.
Speaker 8: Know, and you know but that he was wrong for that, but but everything else.
Speaker 5: He do in the field is pretty much right.
Speaker 2: So looking at that, just going into touchdowns, Davante Adams with twelve right now leads the league of Saint Brown with nine pickings with eight, those are your top three when it comes there, a pretty impressive list. So if you're going for a duo for a team duo right now, is it the Rams Adams.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I think Davonte gets a lot of He's a good red zone target, so his touchdowns are always like if he has to get the decent quarterbacks, touchdowns are going to be up there now when it comes to them too. If I had to pick a tandem, like no, I couldn't say. I couldn't say it would be those two. Even though I'm still I'm still gonna ride. Like and I said this weeks ago that this is one of the most prolific duos in the league. And unfortunately, like you know, with ceed, he having the drops over the past well last week and and everything else, like that it hasn't manifested into that, but still, yeah, if it comes together, this is.
Speaker 5: One of the most dangerous duos in the league right here.
Speaker 7: It's like what they said, let me jump in right Here's like my dad used to always say, if was a fifth like we talking about. That's the main thing we've been talking about these last few weeks is Cee. These drop key, critical drops And it's not just been last week. It's been since the start of the season with Puka and Davonte Davante. What was this that he's number one in touchdowns or correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right now, Matthew Stafford is playing MVP love. He's playing crazy too with those two guys he's got right there. It's pretty phenomenal. But hey, there's more football to go. We are here in November. Get ready to go onto this home stretch right now. By the way, rams uh top team in the NFC right now, they are rolling all right. We got another segment coming up here, two more segments coming here with We've got Trey Moore in the house, Anthony Brown. Our special guest is in here, Anthony Dorset. You see on NEWI scrugs. This is the players loaunch brought to you by Aristocrat.
Speaker 5: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gimbling problem, please contact the US National Problem Game Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys. Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get at Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 1: Back to the Players loude.
Speaker 7: The Salute to Service Award is presented by the USAA recognizes member of the NFL community who goes above and beyond to honor and support the US service members, veterans and their family. Dallas Cowboys nominee Jake Mister Fergie Ferguson continue to make it a priority to honor, empower, and connect with those who serve. Cast your vote for Jake now at NFL dot com slash Salute Fans. Vote voting ends November thirtieth. You heard it November thirtieth, So please go vote right now for Jake.
Speaker 4: Thank you, job Entree Moore, our favorite aggie in the house. Done, eleven and O eleven and eleven and O. Mike wind up in their first SEC championship game. Mike, right, Mike, Let's.
Speaker 7: See, sir, we do I know, man, We just we just line them up and knock them down. Man, Like I said, Thanksgiving weekend.
Speaker 4: Rivalry, Yeah yeah, I got texts upset this rivalries?
Speaker 3: When this what rivalries do?
Speaker 5: Man? All right?
Speaker 7: So when and them wins like to open up the show, can you sing like our fight song, just the just the first.
Speaker 4: Stand of texts all upon that one the live I know that's only when I know, no, that's only when I.
Speaker 5: Know we are the ages. The aggies. Are we okay?
Speaker 4: When did they say the Texas part in it? When they start shouting out Texas in the fight song the only fights do you guys mention watch Virginia your fights hongs?
Speaker 5: We let them know. We let them know.
Speaker 3: Do you guys mention know the Dame Indiana in your fights?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 3: But they mentioned text?
Speaker 5: We do, because that's what you don't like somebody.
Speaker 7: You let them know, seemes all. Yeah, yeah, we letting them know. We saw on them off. That's how much we don't like you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they ain't their head like that.
Speaker 2: They in their head like that, man when they head Okay, it's cool once again, put on the record, se be put on the record, write it.
Speaker 7: Down, so can you? So when we win, you're going to open up the show. You're gonna sing the first the first three stanzas.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know where I posted in the group, so you can.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't don't put that in the group.
Speaker 8: I don't want to see that. I don't want I want to know no parts of y'all song.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried about something you gonna have anyway.
Speaker 4: Trey Moore is here Anthony Brown former Cowboys here, Anthony Dorset former NFL players here. I am merely knew he scruggs the players lone brought to you by Aristocrat Game Trey also put into the top chat today, is it time to pay the kicker? The kicker is Brandon Aubrey, looking right now at the rankings for twenty since twenty twenty three. Since twenty three, he is tied for first in the NFL with ninety five field goals. He's tied for first with thirty fifty yard field goals, and he's number one in points.
Speaker 3: Actually he's not tied.
Speaker 4: He's number one when it comes to fifty yard field goals, number one thirty, and he's number one in kicking points three hundred and ninety nine.
Speaker 8: Who is he tied with in those situations? Did it say? Look, whoever that kicker?
Speaker 5: Is he balling too? Oh?
Speaker 3: It is Harrison?
Speaker 5: But ker looks like, oh okay, the other old guy. What's his contract?
Speaker 3: Looking like he got like twenty five mil.
Speaker 12: Me?
Speaker 3: I mean you got a year, not a year, it's four years. Had to come over there, said make sure it's not.
Speaker 5: But do you do you think that? Like?
Speaker 7: So, when I when I brought up this question, I only brought up this question because I knew that he was number one in all these categories coming up. But as much as we talk about the special teams play and the hit that happened to get the fumble laid in there, like he won the game, he sealed the game with like another game winning closer. He's been hitting these long field goals, like he's been the most consistent bright spot of your your scoring paralysis in the last two years, like sitting there being consistent, like we know we're gonna get there, Like back in the day when you thought about Jason Whitten, Like on the offense, if you needed something, you went to Witting. If we need something, you go to Aubrey, Like is it not time to pay him right now?
Speaker 5: Are you going to transition tag?
Speaker 2: I don't know what's the hold up?
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, it's the usual thing that happens round here from what I'm learning long I'm in the building. Is that another nothing ever happens in their correct time and time. But yeah, you you definitely got to pay that man. I mean we talked about like and it's for me, like you get to the fifty yard line. You good basically with him almost because he can hit sixty yard field goals. So to have a threat like that, Yeah, but winning, will he get paid?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is he asking for?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 7: I say, I think he's been keeping it pretty quiet on his end as far as the if not.
Speaker 2: If he's not complaining, I mean, let's just play ball in I believe he's got Dax agent.
Speaker 7: Todfred you, I mean, he not complaining. But yeah, of course you're not supposed to complain out there so you can get your money.
Speaker 2: You should say that by everybody. Then you should people who are not here complaining about money.
Speaker 6: So I guess let me ask you this question.
Speaker 7: Then, even though he's not complaining about money, if you got the hot hand, you're consistent, and you're the star right now, do you look at him like, yeah, I'm not complaining, but I'm taking a mental note as far as when it comes to getting paid, you've gotten You've been one of those guys when it comes to a free agency, like you could sit here and talk about it, like.
Speaker 2: If you know you're nothing, if you know you're not going to sit out, hold out for the year, you just want to create drama, media drama. Why you even say something? Just play the year out.
Speaker 4: So this is just my feeling going back in the Sunday's game. Once Pickens caught that ball and was in field goal range, did you not feel like the game was one?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 7: I knew it was getting It was like, oh, it was looking even better what he was doing.
Speaker 4: So at that point in time, you're just trying to figure, hey man, where you want the ball?
Speaker 3: Left hand right, had right. So if you're the play call, you're where do you want it? Are you good from here? Yes?
Speaker 4: You know you're good from here? What is that worth in terms of peace of mind? If you're a head coach, if you're a player, if you're the owner of the football team. Hey man, all we have to do is get that. I mean when Pickings caught the bottom line, but when that was my feeling. If you say I don't want to pay the premium price, which is going to be the richest contract for a kicker in the NFL, that's what he's coming for.
Speaker 3: I mean that what every good free agent round here comes from. For Jerry want. I want to Matt. I need to set a record for my position. I needed I mean, that's pretty much what happens. Is it not worth it for the peace of mind?
Speaker 4: Going in my mind going into twenty six where we think they had a couple more pieces defensively keep rolling along with this offense. This could be the difference because ab you know those games, this league just decide about three points less.
Speaker 2: I feel like you pay for what you get. Exactly when you bring in the Cowboys, What the ticket? What the tickets do? They go up? When you got a kicker once you hit the fifty, that's gonna make it what that price I gonna do, It's gonna go up. It's just what it is. You gotta pay for her. If you don't, then you go find another kicker who would do it.
Speaker 5: But you can't find another kicker doing that.
Speaker 2: Even before Pickings caught that pass, when when it was at the fifty yard line, you just needed Javonte went to get five or six yards, it was still over. You didn't even need the Pickings. We still had a piece of mind. So I feel like that's a valuable that's a valuable player.
Speaker 3: You played with Sebastian, Yes, so you know what it's like when man he good?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and and and Sea Bass was was what the first kicker taken in the first round, second second, second time kicker in the first Yeah, and and the thing with him wasn't just the field goals. It was just the kickoffs as well, you know what I'm saying. And the league has changed with the rules now and everything outide that, but yeah, Sea Bass, and we had Shane Shane.
Speaker 5: All right, talk about that.
Speaker 8: And and so during that time span when I was with the Raiders, we actually had two of the most prolific kickers that were actually in the league at that time. But Sea Bass, Yeah, he earned his money, and and and and Aubrey is a different situation. Of course, he wasn't the first round draft pick. His whole story in itself is incredible. His wife's sitting at home telling him he should go kick, and you know, he's playing soccer and doing all this other stuff. So I think that what he's shown over the time is that, you know, he's definitely dedicated to everything that he's doing. He's improved over the years. The numbers speak for themselves, so you know, when he gets paid, it's just about when he's gonna get paid. Is he gonna get paid? He's definitely gonna get paid. Yeah, and I think he's gonna get paid. He's gonna do everything.
Speaker 7: We all know that Jerry pays who he wants to write this last offseason, he didn't pay Michael, but you've seen a lot of other people get that bag.
Speaker 5: And so for him to.
Speaker 7: Be a specialist, I say, selfishly, go ahead and do it because you got other big fish to fry. You got George Pickens is coming up, the number two receiver in the league that has the potential to finish out number one in his position right now with everything that's going on, So I would say go ahead and get it done.
Speaker 5: And what you said.
Speaker 8: Nui earlier and just looking at it, for got paid, Lane got paid. These guys who are Smith exactly. So everybody who has done what they're supposed to do in this buildings has gotten their money.
Speaker 3: So this is just just Devil's advocate.
Speaker 4: What if they decide we don't want to pay high dollar for you because we know sooner or later your position is expired. Milk you're going to wear off Dan Bailey. Chris Bean was here for Dan Bailey as automatic as you could get, and then bam, one day it went away. Harrison Bucker, the Chiefs Gud was rolling pay him ben Iffy. What if they have that in their mind? Is man, what if we've already gotten the best out of you and we're afraid to pay you.
Speaker 2: Can't you set up any player at all?
Speaker 4: Yes, you can, but clearly at some point in time. And this is just kind of a little scuttle butt on here. Your name just.
Speaker 5: People.
Speaker 2: And so that's why I say it happens all these kickers pretty much, sooner or later.
Speaker 6: Get the yips. But he's not complaining.
Speaker 2: So if you're not playing, if I'm Jerry, I'm not saying nothing till he says something.
Speaker 7: I mean, of course he's not gonna complain, you know as well as I do.
Speaker 5: Like Mike, you're gonna play with it.
Speaker 7: Michael is a different type of character, and he's a defensive player.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: If a player feels like he's worth something something, not all of them, but most of them going to speak up and say I want to be paid this or I want to go elsewhere. Maybe obvious like I'm cool with what I'm getting. I'm just here to kick, and maybe he don't want it.
Speaker 8: It with deals got done without us having it an inkling of anything that was going to be done. I mean, I didn't know ferg was working on anything. I didn't know Bland was working on something. So who's to say today ain't already actually working on this thing.
Speaker 5: And we just don't know everything that's going on.
Speaker 4: Anyway, if I'm Jerry, I do try and get a hometown disc Simply say you're from here, from North Texas, man no state taxes.
Speaker 3: And if you're Aubrey, do you listen?
Speaker 4: And I say it from this standpoint, because you know you go play somewhere else, you gotta go get it housing. Most likely there's taxes, the ability to have your family at the game, and.
Speaker 3: All those things. How much is a free agent?
Speaker 4: Do you consider a discount when you have something like that tray you're from here?
Speaker 7: I would say I would. I would if I'm Aubrey, I'm taking a discount. Being from here is Dallas, it's the media capital of the world next to New York. Playing for this team and America's team. But I'm gonna take it a step further and not even just talking about it from myself and wanting to play for your own team. I got multiple examples. I was on the team with Victor Cruz, him being right there from Pattison, New Jersey playing at home. He was like, bra, I took a discount a few times because I made it up. I made it up because I'm working in the media. I'm doing these appearances and stuff like that, and then I'm gonna take it the stuff further. A wide receiver here, Terrence Williams, he said, Man, I'm out here doing what I'm doing, But am I gonna have the success?
Speaker 5: Am I gonna do this?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 7: Terrence was getting appearances left and right and wasn't even one of the top receivers in the league, but in the city they worshiped him. The difference is, right now, what Aubrey is doing. You're number one in your position, You're a hometown guy, and if you do take up that small discount, guess what you're gonna make it on the back end. And we all know that when Jerry loves you, Jerry puts you in the position to go have these meeting with other people, to do all this stuff off the field, real estate, everything that's going on right here.
Speaker 5: So why not be the star in your town?
Speaker 2: Maybe I feel like, what is the Hong Kong What is the discount? Is it three million off? Is it five million off? Yeah, because that'll be the tightest in another state. Maybe you're not the number one highest paid kicker. Maybe you don't beat Harrison Bucker's number. Okay, So if I was to get twenty miil here just saying it's twenty mil here, but Pittsburd's off of me twenty five, I'm gonna lose that five million in them Texas anyway. So I just stay here pretty much, So it depends if it depends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with both of you guys to be here.
Speaker 8: And what I've seen as far as being under this umbrella and as far as large as this football market is, like, it's very advantageous for you to stay here. And just like you said, hopefully that discount ain't nothing crazy, but we already know from the media to endorsements to everything else that goes around here, he'll more than likely make it up if he gives a discount.
Speaker 4: All right, let's hit a break here. Let's dive in a couple numbers. Next between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Dallas Cowboys. Cowboys improving a little bit a couple of years to do that naxt ray hill of players lams. This is Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 14: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 5: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 14: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of pro Team zero grams of adage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kid.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler.
Speaker 3: That's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 13: It's game day and raising games. If you want to order like a child, it's action off the field. You need to focus on. The holy play you're running is chicken. So what combo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce and jugs are freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online or on our a. This season is about to be unbeatable, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboy fans, Keith Davis here forming Cowboys Safety Davis. You know what separates Hamptons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment With blockchain dot com that's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking the bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back to the players Loud.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Nation, It is time to get the giving season going. Tune in to see a multi award winning artists and Cowboys fan Post Malone to perform doing the Salvation Army Halftime Red Kettle Kickoff Halftime Show this Thanksgiving on CBS. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in need. So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Chiefs and Post Malone this Thanksgiving and give with joy at Salvation Army U s A dot Org.
Speaker 4: We're good, Yes, yes, boy and perfected it trying to try to boyd Thanksgiving week and brought out the best in trade man.
Speaker 3: Undefeated. Right now what until Saturday?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Anny Brown is here in the players and our special guest, former Cowboy dB Anthony Dorsetie Avenue restructs. Uh, we got you know, somebody on the on the on the social media want to roll in here. Let's go delay. I think he's talking to you. Oh man, he says, Dupe, I'm going to need you to find the Dallas Cowboys bruhs to help push back on all that purple popping off on the Dallas Cowboys studio during the Player's Lounge and showed Derek Eagleton and new he Scruggs, the some kind of little square buckwheat sign things.
Speaker 5: Well, you better, he shout out to the news man. You see it.
Speaker 4: So I appreciate. I appreciate in listening, appreciated listening. But here's what you you all gotta understand. Derek Eagleton's in charge. He's the boss. Q Dog's the boss. I can't help that.
Speaker 3: We're running it. We're running this, man. You get to be a part of it.
Speaker 5: We're letting you in here. We're good you.
Speaker 3: Good bye me man.
Speaker 7: Hey, y'all run, y'all run it. But guess what they said, Hey, we got to switch it up. We need a certain GENI said, Quad.
Speaker 3: That's why we got it.
Speaker 5: That's my dog. That's my dog.
Speaker 3: Anthony Brown's in here. That's what we're doing. We got Anthony dors set up in here.
Speaker 7: Man, So how are they won? In the many of the both Anthony's It's only one. Noopup here though, now, yo, I mean we run through you guys, happy belated founders day. Man, I told you in the group chat, but I'm gonna say it out there. Shout out to see you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it, yes, sir, all right. Aristocrat Gaming is the night of biz, all right. Looking at numbers here for Kansas City, yes they are a six and five football team, but don't let it fool you.
Speaker 3: From this standpoint.
Speaker 4: They are still ninth in the league in points per game twenty five point two, so they can do that. When it comes to net yards per game, they are fifth in the league. When it comes to passing, they are second in the league with two hundred and fifty seven. Running the balls a little bit different, they are fourteenth one hundred and eighteen yards on the ground, the Cowboys are better than they are.
Speaker 3: Cowboys are twelfth in the league one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 4: When it comes to that fumbles lost, they have lost the fewest fumbles in the league just one, just one, so they do not do that. When it comes to sacks, loud thirteenth mox twenty four so you can get mahomes down, the Cowboys are tied for fourth fewest.
Speaker 3: Only say a team sacks last.
Speaker 4: Third down rate on offense Kansas City's tenth red zone percentage, they are fourteenth. They're very good there. The Cowboys have improved a little bit in a couple of areas. When it comes to rushing on defense, they're not twenty second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so it's not as bad as it used to be.
Speaker 4: Passing yards are still atrocious, thirty still still rough, Still still a little rough, takeaway, still trying to get there. They're tied for twenty third. Kansas City, on the other hand, is a ninth tie for twenty seventh, so you know, both teams are kind of even right there. When it comes to sacking the quarterback here was something that was pretty interesting. The Cowboys had more sacks defensively than Kansas City. Cowboys were twenty five Kansas City with twenty two. Cowboys still dead last and third down percentage rating forty nine point three percent, so tie dead last, But Kansas City's twenty third on defense, so they're not exactly burning it up either.
Speaker 8: It's not the same Casey team that we've seen over the past few years. They still have some dominance, but they're definitely not is dominated as they have been. And I think their record more than shows it as well. What are they in there in the division? I think they've lost it. Like, they've only won two games in their division, if I'm not mistaken right, two games in AFC. They want Raiders, Yeah, right. But but yeah, so, I mean it's it's a different it's a different team out there.
Speaker 5: They're not as scary to people as they used to be.
Speaker 8: And you know, the Cowboys having this momentum right now. You know, Casey might be some prime pickings for the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: You go ahead, baby, I don't care what no stats say. Patrick Mahomes come in here. They had a lot of like one score games this year, so they in every game. It's not like they're just getting blown out every game or whatever. I think it's gonna come down to the run game. You know how well Dallas can run the ball, you know, turnovers and will make the big play. It's going to be one big player in this game that set the difference off. You know, both teams are what's that state? You know, we're trying to fight for the playoffs. Any loss, you know, kind of kill those dreams. And you know how Pat mahons getting those situations. So I'm looking at the past rush thinking, are we going to contain Mahomes? You know, because once it gets tight, he scrambles. You know, he likes the break loose. So who's going to guard rising them on those under routs and all that stuff, like what what are we Are we sitting in his own all day? Are we trying to man these guys up. That's where the difference is gonna come in.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: To me, I agree with you.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna stay right there because when you say it's still Patrick Mahomes, even though those numbers are there in their bottom of the league, He's right.
Speaker 5: That is Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 7: And not only is that Patrick mahon, that's the big fella of their big Andy Reid like, and they're they still have winning capability. We've seen that this past weekend where they were managed to squeeze out of wind like they're They're not like the Eagles. They haven't won a lot of those games in the last minute, but they still find a way to be there. And so I think we've seen some of that, and so I think that's what the differences right now. The Cowboys are still trying to find that. The Chiefs we've seen time and time again where people have said in the last few years, this is over for them, but somehow they managed to spark it up at the end and go on a long run to where they either won the Super Bowl or they were right there in the mix for it. So I agree with you as far as saying, don't discredit them just because the numbers are there.
Speaker 5: This is the one time that numbers lie.
Speaker 3: Let me just ask this question here. You guys are all defensive players.
Speaker 2: The one thing that just kind of just looking at numbers, just the numbers sacks allowed thirteenth most. That's what Kansas City's offensive line is giving up her twenty four sacks? Is this a game where you try to send some blitzes after Mahomes without question?
Speaker 8: I mean, you can't let him shit back there and be comfortable anyway. So the pressure needs to consistently stay on Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 5: But and my question was going to be like throw this out you too as well, Like, so.
Speaker 8: As we look at these matchups, all right, Bland of course did a great job on Bowers when when they played the Raiders, right, So, and you brought up Rashi Rice and everything.
Speaker 5: I say that and worthy.
Speaker 8: They I mean, Casey has a legitimate dangerous receiving cores worth a.
Speaker 5: Little bang up too though, just putting that out true.
Speaker 8: Indeed, all right, sure, so as we look at this, are are they going like who's gonna be on Kelsey, you think they're gonna give Bland that job?
Speaker 2: Again, I don't think it's worth that, but you don't think so, not on Kelsey. So the other other bigger threats. Kelsey's kind of older. Now, I don't think you need to put Bland on him. But if you're going to blitz everybody, do you trust your dbs to hold up in the back end? That's gonna be the question. So is yall pick your poison out?
Speaker 5: Stay right there?
Speaker 7: Because you know, with you being a special guest, you played for ebra Flus more recently than I have, I believe correct. Well, So with us talking this whole year, we've been talking about the secondary and stuff like that, what do you see put us in the mind of ebra Flus when it comes to this game. What is he going to play and how is he going to take this approach with the new players he had with Blad the young guy carts in this plan and who I mean, I mean rebel rebel and carts and in them. Can you put us in like chematically, what Eberflus is going to do to prepare for this game and how he guarded.
Speaker 2: I think you just got to give different looks. You know, don't just sit here and just I. You're gonna run cover too, because he used to run a lot of cover too in Chicago wherever he was before. And that's they're going to pick that apart, like that's gonna be easy. You can't just sit in the zone and just expect the D line to get there. I feel like you got to man them up because I feel like those the only guy you were about deepest worthy with the speed, and you could shave that way with the safety or whatever. But somebody's gonna have to stand up. Bland got paid. He got to stand up on somebody one on one everybody else. You know, you can shave that way of help, you know, Kelsey, you got to figure something out. You got to figure something out. You can't Bland can't guard everybody. So all right, and that bad.
Speaker 3: Boy right there, Anthony Brown, Man, I appreciate you coming in here. That's my dog show, Big ten in now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thanks for bringing the boys to man.
Speaker 3: You can't you a big twelve.
Speaker 6: I'm both couple to b o a f both of them.
Speaker 5: Okay, I beat Bama.
Speaker 3: You big East right big okay, but.
Speaker 7: But you claim you get but I played in sec and Big twelve, the original Big twelve.
Speaker 5: You got on MOI. Monzelle was there with me. But yes, I play.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm all consis. It's all American, baby, don't let it fool you.
Speaker 5: Trophy against the Heisman Trophy, A man defense deal. What they did.
Speaker 6: I ain't gonna take the baby. Hey, that's a good show, you said.
Speaker 3: That's the players lounge Scruggs round.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Photos.
Speaker 5: How about your shovel here