Speaker 1: Both those really, I mean we both gets the gentleman.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. This is episode number two hundred something, two hundred twenty nine to twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's talk about something near and dear to our hearts.
Speaker 2: You know, we're truck guys through and through in the Chevy Silverado's apartner with unstoppable grit and determination. It's been our most valuable truck and now their first ever all electric Silverado joins the franchise. We got a chance to see these things in action. Let me tell you something. It is an absolute game changer. Available four hundred mile range GM estimated on a full charge, over ten feet of length in the bad with the multi flex tailgate, combined with the multi flex midgate, large seventeen niche diagonal display screen, it can toe up to ten thousand pounds of max toying zero to sixty and four point five seconds. The boys forty wow mo up to an impressive seven hundred and eighty five foot feet foot foot pounds of torque. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more. Boys seemed Chevy would be ecstatic to no.
Speaker 3: We walked into a room yesterday sponsored by a different brand, different brand, and we stayed ten toes down, talked a little shit and told everybody get their ass in the new Chevy EV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're proud of us. Yeah, we're saying with the brand.
Speaker 2: We did a Q and A and a gentleman was talking to us and said, says, tell me about a vehicle with a horse. And I looked this man in the eye and said, there's no fucking chance. I didn't say fucking because there's a lot of people in nurse kids. There's no chance I would ever be caught in a vehicle like that. We are Chevy guys through and through. Then I then I took the moment to tell them about the new EV that you can actually test drive right now.
Speaker 1: He is dream. It is a dream.
Speaker 4: It is a dream.
Speaker 1: You know else is a dream? Dude.
Speaker 2: Kevin Bayern, the mayor of Murphy's Brus, come on this podcast. It was an electric time the minute this pod started. It was war stories, it was fun times. It was remember this when this happened? Everyone and that happened. Oh I hate when this happens. Awe OTAs is like this camp like this, dude. It was elite and we hit that what last week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we hit it last week as KB. If everybody all the OG's out there, who's been a day one with this? KB was like at first five seven, podcast number eight, okay, number eight, number eight, he's the number eight pop ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he kind of checked.
Speaker 3: This on why he hasn't been on in a minute, but oh good, Yeah, it was a fucking awesome time. Man like Varabel Stories Year one, Verabel Stories versus the way Vrabel is like, it's it is a good time. Yeah, it's a fucking good time. If you're in that, if you're a Tennessee fan, you're gonna absolutely love this. But if you're about listening to locker room stories and everything else.
Speaker 2: Like this is the episode if you like football, you're gonna love this podcast right right. But the boys had a crazy week last weekend. Boys is just getting crazier and crazier. The week opening a barstool the boys were out there, Oh yeah, boys were out there. A line was literally wrapped around the fucking block we were. I think it was supposed to be just like an hour, hour and a half. I think we're there for over two hours. Barstool Bars got a shot. Bars gotta start to make out a shot. It's open yeah.
Speaker 1: Open concept or bars indoor, outdoor, all for Broadway or around downtown.
Speaker 2: Massive, very competent bar. I haven't into all the bars on Broadway. I probably have been not in a long time. This might be the most well put together bar on Broadway. Everything start up, dude. If you're in the Fall and you're in and you're on Broadway and you're thinking, where can I watch the big game? Going into the bar stool bar, there's enough TVs for each person in that damn bar. And this would be live music, playing VIP tables, table service. That's a new concept in Nashville. And busting with the boys tailgates and busting with the boys tailgates. There's gonna be that's a new concept in Nashville as the whole like VIP bottle service thing. Your boy group in Arizona and Scott's the Arizona There's that's all you get there down in Old Town. Every single bar you go to there's bottle service with the Sparklers and the Twizzlers and all that.
Speaker 1: People do that.
Speaker 2: I know another bar I'm not gonna say their name, but they do it near Broadway. This is kind of like the second one in on the Broadway scheme that kind of does the bottle service cool thing. We'll see how it works out for them in that way, but I have no doubt that bar will be extremely success.
Speaker 3: Also like a good mix too, Like again the biggest stage in downtown Nashville, like they're gonna have they're gonna have singers there, performers there. I think that's where it's gonna That's where that's the make or break right there, bringing in down talent because.
Speaker 1: It is a it's a nice bar.
Speaker 3: It's a nice bart, wide open, it's got like a half kind of rooftop up top right. Uh. And it's not right what street is that off of? Like I know it's off off Broadway. Yeah, because you're not like in the thing to where your shoulder to shouldered with all the fucking with the griminess down there that can be on Broadway.
Speaker 1: You're just far enough away to be like, Okay, I'm having a good fucking put an easy walk you see it.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, enjoy the spectacle and then come to the fun bar. And then at the fun Bar, I know there's probably gonna be an adoate at some point. We haven't read the ads for this podcast yet, but Boys.
Speaker 3: The Biggest it announced the biggest move coming out of last week. The boys have now partnered. It is official. We're the Twisted Kings. We're partnered with Twisted Tea. But the bus is wrapped. I'm sure you guys have seeing the photos of Not sure they'll pop up right now on the YouTube before watching YouTube comment comet.
Speaker 1: But the Twisted King.
Speaker 2: Twisted Kings are really truly out here, dude and I we control out deleted a few of these things during this meet and great and let me tell you, every single time it went down smooth.
Speaker 1: It tastes from the first sip to the last sip, twist the tea truly taste delicious. Oh what do we have here? Amazing right here?
Speaker 3: What the boys are about to keep it twisted all summer with Twisted Tea tastes like real I think real iced tea because it's made with real Brood tea, meaning it's absolutely delicious when you think summer it's hot, just like it wasn't fucking Nascar, absolutely craving a nice tea and ice twisted tea, real brewd tea with a kick five percent ABV, full flavor and very refreshing. Twisted Tea turns up the heat on any occasion, making it the perfect product for any summer occasion. Daytime, nighttime, doesn't matter. Pull side, get you. Twisted Tea goes down smooth. There's zero carbonation, which makes it easy to drink all day long. Not to mention football season, the best product to sip on while you're watching your favorite team. Twist the Tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. Twist the Tea is the perfect alcohol beverage four game day. Whether you're tailgating in a lot, watching at a bar, barstool bar, watching with friends at home, Twisted Tea is there to turn up your game day. Keep it twisted, Boys, grab a Twisted refreshing tea today.
Speaker 1: Anywhere you can get on my thing pretty much fucking everywhere.
Speaker 2: And there's no there's no secret that when the Boys get a big partner, we sell the fuck out. We sell the fuck out for are the people that believe in us.
Speaker 1: And this is gonna be no different.
Speaker 2: This thing might be kicked on steroids and a fucking her, there's gonna be some twenty nineteen lawn going on here with this twisted tea. We're gonna be going absolutely nuts on this fall tour with twisted tea. If I see you and you try to chuck a beer with me, I might kick you in the balls you come up to me with a twisted tea. It's on site, brother, it is on site at the Fall Tour. I hope to god, let's we're taking down everybody. We're taking down everywhere with twist the tea, and then we'll see where that goes from there.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 2: I love the energy. I fucking love the it. It's gonna be fucking Olympics. Olympics. I read that on the thing Olympics are you people are watching right now? While you're watching, I know those is Riders dies, those tier ones here that pop on in the six am.
Speaker 1: And we appreciate the fuck out of you.
Speaker 2: And you're probably watching us right now, and your heart's fucking moving a little faster as I'm talking about you, brother, as you're leaving comments and telling your boys about it. Beer Olympics is out today at noon. We will kick off to find out who is the greatest drinker over the greatest genres in entertainment, we're talking about musicians, we're talking about comedians with NFL players, NHL players, comedians.
Speaker 1: It is truly. We have called in every single favor. Scapes.
Speaker 2: Look through the globe, gone across to Russia during a civil war, mind you, through the forest, found the best drinkers, brought their asses over to America on a visa, and we are going pound for pound, toes to toe with everybody, and we're coming out victorious. I can almost fucking guarantee it. But any given Tuesday, all right, brother, you.
Speaker 1: Are getting the blood flowing below the belt. Right.
Speaker 2: I woke up today, Dude, I put this on and reminded me of high school football.
Speaker 1: Dude on a Friday, Friday night lights, you put your own jersey on.
Speaker 2: You take here, go up to that girl you're talking to. You don't know what you guys are yet. You haven't defined the relationship even yard a.
Speaker 1: Couple of times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of had a weird, awkward makeout, like grinding the denim on her a little bit at a party that a couple of saturdays ago in the jeans. But brother, that callous is gonna make you last a little longer.
Speaker 1: In the long run.
Speaker 2: That's a little the gift for you guys out there. You go to her with your practice jersey, you say you want to wear this, you go the the middle of the week, he's.
Speaker 1: Also wearing that. Brother, you're in there. So I put this bitch on today and I'm feeling I know, I'm feeling fucking ready do so excited.
Speaker 2: We'll have the headbands, the pit vipers, the twisted tea jersey which will come out, come off very quickly. It's gonna be a hot, sunny, sunny day tomorrow, so I cannot wait to get catch myself in nice tans.
Speaker 1: Not brutally hot like it wasn't as eighty.
Speaker 2: Seven, sonny. It'll be four degrees cooler than it was yesterday, just saying that. Yeah, it was a different animal that humidity was like. But brother, we live in this heat. The men and women come out in doing this festivities, they're not used to this heat. They will be put in a blender by event too, and that's where we will start to thrive. We will use the adversity to help us.
Speaker 1: That is what's gonna happen. I bet you.
Speaker 2: Speaking of lights came out dude, yesterday we were at NASCAR, and let me tell you what the whole Taladaga night's the fucking roaring of the engine. That's a real fucking deal man, those it is not only was it so hot, I gotta assume. And in those nascars they don't have the best AC units in there.
Speaker 1: Am I right?
Speaker 2: They're not rocket AC units. They probably don't have a camel back with a little the straw with the water. Those boys are going four hundred and five hundred miles whatever it is, the ally four hundred is what it was. I had a hard time dialing that and saw a bunch of people from barstools. Spider and Large were by far the most excited to be there, by far the most excited to be there.
Speaker 3: But I mean, Spider knows everybody. I'm talking the drivers, the pick crew, anybody. If you're rolling tires, he knows you. They're all a Spider.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: He's tucking everybody. George, Ay, you gotta meet this guy. You gotta meet this ice giving you background, he's giving you context. All of a sudden, you're shaking hands with a fucking uh bounty hunter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Talk about him all Swan. You saw the boy was he's not.
Speaker 2: Do you mind if I go ahead and Will tells me because I didn't go to NASCAR last year I was in Canada, Will tells me about this gentleman, Paul Swan. He's like, dude's good looking cat, built like a brick shiit house, gotta fade the whole thing, literally selling this guy over and over and over again for an entire year.
Speaker 1: We're talking about three sixty five now.
Speaker 2: Last week Will kept talking about, I can't wait to see swanee, I can't wait to see swany blah blah blah. We get there, Paul Swan, I know you're a big, big busting fan. You were everything and more that Will described you as. Because that doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Was that energy just he like fucking transfers it to your body?
Speaker 2: It does, he really does. He pulled out, he fucking ripped it. He had the two chains dangling, the hair coming out that strong jawlne beautiful green eyes, strong eye, beautiful green eyes just doesn't lose form, but just got that.
Speaker 1: Nice little bounce. Yeah it does.
Speaker 2: Dude, overall, man, that was a you very rarely do you hype somebody up and they meet that expectation.
Speaker 1: That man met that expectation. I love that. That does fire me up. That does fire me up. Should we Uh?
Speaker 3: Let's because we said we swre to ourselves fifteen minutes not do a long interest so people could listen to four minutes. Yeah, so people could listen to Kevin Byer, which is a phenomenal podcast. And because we got to go set up for Beer Olympics, which is this is being recorded on yesterday, it is now Tuesday.
Speaker 1: We got to go set up.
Speaker 3: So saying that, let's get to our favorite segment, shout out, no free shout out and pet pee's.
Speaker 1: I hope you have your couple.
Speaker 3: Mitch is going to do a shout out, no free shout out, and Jack Jackie boy back there's gonna do his pet peeve. But let's get shout out no free shout out kicked off, Mitch.
Speaker 1: What do you have for the people? Brother?
Speaker 5: My shout out no free shout out this week goes to some of the guys around here. Know that I've sort of been struggling mentally the last couple last couple of days, just going through something like in my personal life, not the most fun thing but the overwhelming support, like from like the boys around, like like of all of us my friends, like hey, if you need to talk to somebody, I'm here.
Speaker 1: I'm here for you. Like it sucks everything da da da dah, but like we're.
Speaker 5: Here for you if you ever need to talk about anything, just letting you know that we're here. My shadow know I for your shadow goes to those friends that they have your back no matter what. When you're going through something that sucks and you're like just super down on yourself, those boys that have your back and be like, yo, if you need to talk about anything, I'm here for you, like I got you so respect to all those boys. Love y'all, love you guys. It's awesome. I appreciate it a lot.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, MAT's it's hard to go through things alone. But when you have a good crew around you to kind of lift you up, dude, it does soften the blow a little bit. We're all thinking about Mitchie right now. Not going to talk about it right, We're not going to talk about it, but we do know, Hey, smooth seas they ever made a skilled sailor. Brother, You're gonna be better coming out of this one.
Speaker 1: You want to go. You want me to go.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, my shot out, no free shoutout is going to go to. And it's been we had tight in you last week, we had the barstool bar. We've had a lot of things going on, a lot of energy being given everywhere long days. Wife is out of town last week, so I'm watching them on dad duty when I get home. All that kind of stuff, NASCAR last night, all the things. My shot out, no free shot out, is when them legs are fucking exhausted. You feel them ankles, you feel them joints, you feel them knees, you feel that inflammation, you're ready to get off your feet. And my shoutout is when them legs are laying comfortably in them bamboo sheets, when you're taking that load off and you're just laying there and you're just so thankful to be in your bed and you're you feel the exhaustedness of your legs, but it's almost like a comfortable feeling because they're so exhausted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is my shot out, no free shoutout. That's a great shout out. No for shutout.
Speaker 2: My shout out, no free shoutout is going to go to when someone's talking shit, and you have the ability to put them in their fucking place, when you were able to sound somebody after they've used all the words, said all the things of what they're gonna do to you, and you shut them the fuck up. And I did not do this myself, but I witnessed it at tight end. You when Will Compton beat the fuck at a billy football and when Billy was talking mad trash from the minute we saw him until his unfortunate demise, as you bodied his bitch ass two separate times, not once, but twice. And in my head as like, man, there's nothing better when you like you're on the football field with the boys, I have practice and someone's talking shit.
Speaker 1: You're like, all right, line it up, line it up, and then you hem.
Speaker 2: Their bitch ass up. There's not a better feeling everybody's watching.
Speaker 3: Because that's nothing but downside right there, Like it's like beating a girl in a fight.
Speaker 1: There's really no coming out of that window. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, except for when I made him take a knee and say, hey, look at yourself, really get the fuck up.
Speaker 1: That was the best thing to happen.
Speaker 3: You were there too, Like when he first came up, he's like literally chirping, and I'm kind of like, you know, I wasn't necessarily trying to get out, you know, trying to get out there and do anything. You know, the boys got the little back, you got some stuff. You know, you're not warming up, you're not doing anything.
Speaker 1: And it's all like you said, it's all downside for you, right. I haven't done a speed work.
Speaker 3: I hadn't done much running at all since the Atlanta work out the year before. So I'm thinking, like, yo, if I get got by Billy, my fucking reputation is over. But this motherfucker just keeps chirping, begging, begging, will please do it? Do that in the name of content. You're suck you wash you like you don't want to do it because you know I beat your ass and so hey, we lined it up, dude, and your boy wasn't he You know you.
Speaker 1: Weren't even wearing cleats. You were not wearing clean Yeah, I was not wearing cleats, and.
Speaker 2: Billy, a word of the wise brother, don't run a fucking fade with cleats on when you know your opponent doesn't have cleats on. Do you like a in and out for the quick out. He's gonna slip, dumb ass motherfucker. When I saw that and he ran a fade, I was like, he just watches highlights and goes, oh, that's easy.
Speaker 1: I could still do that.
Speaker 2: He sees DeAndre Hopkins go over the top off of hand and do that, He's like, Oh, that's the easiest way to get somebody.
Speaker 1: My brother and dude shout.
Speaker 3: Out a fadeause, oh you want them again, and it's like, what the fuck are you talking about.
Speaker 1: You didn't even do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also shout out to PFT for throwing a good ball, like PFT could not have thrown a ball. Yeah, good balls couldn't have thrown the ball any better in those situations.
Speaker 3: So I can argue about that. But the receiver, like he's fading away from the ball. You gotta go up and get that shit. It's all about who wants it most there.
Speaker 2: Also, if the ball is underthrown, which I don't believe it was, maybe the first one was go back towards the defender right and draw the penalty right.
Speaker 1: Fucking one on one, dude, that's fucking one on one.
Speaker 2: Ball was out of his depths figure, but in a hurry, shout out no free shadow Jack, Oh sixteen minutes. I'm pet pee pet Pee. You're a pet peeve. Sorry either the week pet Peeve for the week. We are pet pet pee for the week, Peppy of the week.
Speaker 6: It's usually late at night when you're watching TV and that remote somehow continually becomes lost. Last night, I was watching a show and I lost the remote for a sec and I found it.
Speaker 1: It's always in a place that's so odd.
Speaker 6: It's like whether it's like in between a bed sheet or something, and I find it. I'm not getting like four more times within an hour, I couldn't find this remote. By the fourth time, I'm just like, man, I'm just turning this fucking TV off, Like I just can't even enjoy because the show would end and then it's on Hulu when it doesn't automatically skip to the next episode, so you have to then have the remote to change it.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting there just like, man.
Speaker 6: I just I think that was just a long day and out, like the little things are getting to me. So it's yeah, it's whenever you can't find the remote. It said that that gets under my skin.
Speaker 1: And how have our like first world problems.
Speaker 6: I know my grandfather would be sick here and there, Brode.
Speaker 2: But also like it back then, it'd be the pet peeve, like you're the channel thing not turning, just fucking We're on Hulu.
Speaker 1: It doesn't just automatically go to the next episode, not getting content.
Speaker 2: Just stream to me to shove it in my face. Dude, come on, what are we doing? Yeah, that is a tough deal. You want to hit shout out? Yeah, all right, my shout out, no free shout out. It happened to me this past Saturday.
Speaker 1: It's it's just oh no, sorry, my pet peeve. Excuse me. I don't know why I keep messing that up.
Speaker 2: My pet peeve goes to situational awareness when you're at a cash register. I was at the Franklin factory with my family, my brother in law, his girlfriend, and we are waiting in line to get my daughter's ossi abels. They are bitching and wine about wanting ossi abuls for the longest time. We had to get a couple of things at the farmer's market.
Speaker 1: Would go to get it. Now I'm waiting in line.
Speaker 2: People go up and they're in the middle of a conversation going to the cash re stirt. That's fine. But they're talking and then the the person leaves and they're waiting. I'm thinking to myself, brother, like you're up next, go get your ordering. They finally get their ordering after they realize it's our turn. Then after they check out and they pay with the card, they sit and continue to have the conversation running for the cash register. Now I can't get to the cash register to order my daughters to basic osi ebols.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 2: So just my pet peeve is get the fuck out of the way once you ordered your shit. That's it simple. Also, it had a couple of long days, and I was gonna say, Jack, when you have a couple of long days, that's when you find out your pet peeves.
Speaker 1: You find them out a long days. At the end of days when you need to.
Speaker 2: Start writing down your pet peeves, say everything bugs the fuck out of you everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, caffeine wasn't hint right.
Speaker 2: I was just like whife and I were a little chippy at each other in the car right over and literally at like later in that day, we were like, hey, this morning almost got tough.
Speaker 1: Hunh.
Speaker 2: It was like one of those deals. We're like, we kind of went silent for a second. It was a little tight earlier, wouldn't it It was tight, but we got Hey, we got through it a strong urge.
Speaker 3: No, buddy, my pet peeve is going to be there is a war going on right now. And because I've been a little bit more public about it recently, but making sure forgetting to take your trash bends out to the to the end of the driveway, and I guess it goes to the real pet peeve is me forgetting But right now it's going to be forgetting to take your trash out to the end of the curve. Last week we had tight end you. We had to get the tight end. You doing all the things well again, why I shut it down? Your boys heads and a blend. I'm trying to figure it out like any gritty fucking father would, and literally the nanny's over and I'm thinking, like, hey, fucking hey, you saw a tweet last night and you laugh at it trash trash Day, literally talking about trash Day in front of her, And I don't know what fucking happens to my brain between then and getting literally getting in the truck right after I'm talking about that. Grab my bag, rib my lunchbox, wrapped the stuff like you to make sure that make sure the twisted tea pit pipes are ready to go all this shit.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: I get in the truck and I'm driving. You know, I'm I'm down the road and then I realized I forgot. I fucking forgot to take the trash bens out to the end of the driveway.
Speaker 2: Did you see your neighbors have their trash bins out? Sometimes I do that sometimes that happens, but I didn't catch it there. I would have just went back in the driveway and did it.
Speaker 3: I was down because I'm trying to make the uh we had the Josh Allen episode to do, and once I forgot, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, God, damn it will dude.
Speaker 3: I get so fucking mad at myself when I forget things, especially when I'm literally saying always trash thatay your boys about the body bag.
Speaker 1: This motherfucker. Negative self talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, negative self talk. I'm an expert in that with myself. I just berayed myself. And so, like any good dynasty does, it's depth. It's next man up mentality shot her a note, Hey, do you mind wheeling that thing out there, and if you could please keep this between me and you do not let the wife know. I think the key here is that I remember that it was trash day. Yeah, I just didn't fully execute you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And that's half the battle. Yeah, that's half the battle.
Speaker 3: But my pepeeve of the week is fucking forgetting to take your trash out there. But I do love the fathers, the men out there that are rallying around and fucking reminding me, and we're all working together to make sure Hey, trash days tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Boys, Let's get them things out there.
Speaker 2: Respect respect that brother, what day we went over six minutes. I'm proud of that. Let's get in this KP episode. Let's get in the KB episode. Let's fuck let's rip it in there. Boys, have a good fucking time, because this is a good vibe. If you love Ball, you're gonna love this episode.
Speaker 1: I love that. When you love Ball, you know fucking love that. Big hugs, tiny kisses.
Speaker 2: Let's start ripping some ads, dude, Let's start interrupting people with our ads before.
Speaker 1: We get into the KP episode.
Speaker 3: We interrupt this episode to bring you ice barrel, those of you who follow the boys on Twitter have seen this. Earlier this year, I tweeted about being on the cold shower train. We talk about being in the cold tubs all the time. You. Hey, by the way, JP Push Up Tuesday, You've been your very first JP Push Up Tuesday experience. You did in the cold tub, and I was looking to graduate into the big leagues with a cold tub or barrel.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the boys at ice Barrow. No free shout outs, of course.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The team at ice Barrel saw the ice bath bat signal and they sent the boy one.
Speaker 1: I love the ice barrow.
Speaker 3: I used it absolutely every fucking day, twice on Tuesdays. Cold showers are no more. You get the ice burrow. You don't need it anymore.
Speaker 2: Huberman, Doctor Huberman would say, all you need is eleven minutes in the in the ice barrow to tap into that brown fat that added post tissue.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm just I'm just plucking wars left and right.
Speaker 3: But to essentially look lean mean in a machine like the boy Taylor does over here.
Speaker 7: I'm six to two.
Speaker 3: And what I like about it, unlike tubs that you can comfortably sit in it upright, completely up to my shoulders. We're talking neck down boys, a minute and a half to two minutes every fucking morning. Here's all the benefits to cold therapy, and this is where we got to get into the notes of this thing. Increased energy and focus, better recovery and performance, improve mood and brain health. It helps alleviate depression and anxiety, pain relief management, reduces inflammation and also reduces stress.
Speaker 1: Honestly, there is no better way to start your day.
Speaker 3: It's one of the best investments that anyone can make for their daily routine. And again, big shout out to the boys at Ice Barrow if you play your cards or you might boost at the Stasstone a little bit too.
Speaker 1: Who's that testy boys?
Speaker 3: But what we did for you guys is we're getting you, guys one hundred and fifty dollars off your barrel so you can get started on your cold therapy journey right away. Go to ice barrel dot com slash busting bussi n that's Icebarrow dot Com slash busting for one hundred and fifty dollars off of your order.
Speaker 1: Now enjoy the Kevin Byern episode. Were you one of the first five pods?
Speaker 4: For sure, because I remember it was like Delayey Braves I was on.
Speaker 3: Because I was like, a kay, b you mind hopping on the bus? I was sure was nervous asking everybody back then, Bro, what was.
Speaker 2: Your thought process when we figured out we were making a podcast, because at that time, nobody was really doing podcasts.
Speaker 1: Did you think anything of it?
Speaker 4: I mean at first, I remember obviously when Will first got him to join the team, like it's funny at shit, like cool personality. Both of you guys hit it off, and I remember one day he was in the locker room. I forget, I don't remember what there was. He was like, it's kind of asking guys like, Bro, I'm thinking about doing a podcast. And it's before like obviously, like it wasn't a whole lot of athletes doing podcasts. So I was like, Bro, you be dope at it. You know what I'm saying, Like you got a really good personality and everything. But I didn't know if he's actually going to do it or not. But I was like, Bro, you will be dope at it. So Bro, you need just to see where podcasts are now, and you know, everybody want to do a podcast that you were kind of like pioneers.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, you love bothered you.
Speaker 3: Logan Ryan and Derek Morgan, where guys are like, oh you should do it, Like oh, those are the three solid the pillars that gave me like the validation or like the confidence because you when when I was it's like when I go through it in my mind, like you know, anything with athletes, right, like when you're in the locker room where you go in you got a business endeavor going on or something else that you're doing outside of ball. You're always curious when you step in the locker room, like if you're gonna get chirped at or what's going on, Like, oh, you're doing this, now you're doing that. So you always want to like the validation of your peers. And I feel like when I asked that and you guys responded that way, I was like, man, maybe maybe I'm just in my own head too much about that stuff.
Speaker 2: Especially when we first started the next year with Brabel, like we'd be in team meetings you weren't on the team, Brabel would like chirp me about doing a podcast.
Speaker 1: Or definitely teasing, yeah, teasing.
Speaker 2: And then obviously when you came on in twenty twenty. It's like, let's see what our head of media is up to today. Yeah, and you're tweeting about whatever. It's a hairy deal doing something in the public eye outside of football, right.
Speaker 7: It was also new too.
Speaker 4: Yeah what I'm saying like, and I don't know if it was like a I do won't to call the stigma or anything like that, but you know, I'll be you know, being with the Titans, like you have your media rules and stuff like that, but just be like, Okay, most players, I feel like, don't really want to put themselves out there in the media that much and kind of be on that side while you're still playing.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It just like a balance.
Speaker 3: So especially when you can there's so much up for interpretation because it's like the very first podcast I remember, Uh, Taylor.
Speaker 1: Hit me up.
Speaker 3: He's like, hey, we had a team meeting because the Delaney episode was making its rounds like on Pro Football talking and everything else about the team IV. He's like, man, I felt like I was about to die. So the headline Raiders Preseason Titans IV. You know, I don't think it was this, but almost came up to me and he was like what the fuck. Yeah, the first week, I was like Rave runs a meeting the first week, and I remember, because you know rap rap'ess first year as a head coach, sitting in those meetings, just you know, he's a lot different than he is now.
Speaker 1: For sure. He was.
Speaker 7: He was a lot.
Speaker 2: He sucked the first Everybody hated Raves the first year, you could say it.
Speaker 1: I mean it was everybody like, who the fuck is this guy?
Speaker 7: I never forget not sucking.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 1: He was so rough from the edges.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember our first meeting there OTAs rays first year and I think this is this is the year that you signed your contracts. Then, yeah, I remember the first meeting. You know, obviously he used to have the low lights. He don't really do it no more, but he had the low lights. And the first play was like us and Shorts. It was a run play there going up the left and like Taylor blocked this guy and it kind of did like a home run trot because you know, Derek had broke kind of I want to say, you jogged, but you kind of did the home run trap of about ten yards and he literally just like lit Taylor up. I was like, oh shoot, like he went in every bo I'm like, Retail's one of the best left tackles in the league. Like he's getting into him for like for something that I felt like it was just just a regular play, like nobody.
Speaker 1: Really paying attentions murdered. I was like, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: So after that point, every team meeting, you know, when the lights win low and he cut that film.
Speaker 1: On everybody, kind of laying everyone's.
Speaker 4: Almost written to the meeting room, like, as long as I'm not on this low lights the first ten, I'm good to go.
Speaker 1: I had a good practice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but every every practice there'll be like two or three players you're like those could be on and you're like.
Speaker 1: Man, do you mean like I hope you don't put this place?
Speaker 2: I know you look at like the timeline of practice. You look at Indian you're like, all right, it's coming. It's like the first team period and you're like, okay, it was in the first team period. That's gone like the third team period, then back to the first tame period and get your asking.
Speaker 1: Like fuck dude, thinking about it. But my worst one was JPP.
Speaker 2: He put that killer move on me. Wasn't mean like we're paying you for this, and I'm like god, damn man oh Man.
Speaker 3: Rabe was the first head coach that Uh, basically it was a team meeting and you went over all these a lot of these plays of practice because usually the head coach would just address kind of the team and talk about things you need to get better at, things were kind of lacking. Maybe show a couple of plays you break out and handle all that kind of stuff, like with your position coach.
Speaker 1: So smaller groups.
Speaker 3: So when you're out there sitting in this team meeting and Rape's going over everything. Because even at ot As he talked about how you need to know your teammates, you talk about quizzing them every day, and you couldn't like, you know, say you take a bunch set and if at another place we called it cluster. Like if you spoke any different verbiage, he's fucking.
Speaker 1: Hard on you.
Speaker 3: I remember Jayon, would I always have to go through some morning curse was saying the right verbage? And uh, what is it like the double near gun when the when this he's tight?
Speaker 1: What is he? What did he like to call this week week?
Speaker 3: You have to say week sideb or Rashan when it was his rookies always got it the worst. But you just be sitting there just fucking tight man, and you go through players and it didn't matter. Remember that one undrafted cat where it's like, brother, you need to figure out if you want to play, because I don't think you want to play, man. You need to go home, and you need to go home tonight and think about if you even wanted to fucking be here.
Speaker 4: And honestly, it's still the same way when you talk about like speaking the same language, like Brave was still the same way. We're in dB, even he's not in me, and he does the same thing with the coaches, like if you come from another place or another team and you're because we had a Safty last year that kind of got signed during training camp and we had this call where the say is make and will say zombie.
Speaker 7: He was called the drop drop kick or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like, no, we don't call it drop kick. We call it zombie, like he was getting on them or whatever.
Speaker 1: The exact thing.
Speaker 7: It's the same exact thing. Like it really hasn't challenged.
Speaker 2: I will say there are of all the people that were safe in that team meeting room and always seem like you and Derek were always kind of safe, and you would tell.
Speaker 1: Because we would sit in meetings part of the skit.
Speaker 2: I was like, is that right, Yeah, Well we would sit there KB during uh during during COVID, KB would sit right in front of me and we would literally take betts like over under seven times Rabel mentions KP's name and it would get like right to the end of the meeting and he'd be a like six and then right off like four more kbs. It would always be like Benjon, he was always like hey, right, KB, and he'd be like yeah, yeah for sure in.
Speaker 4: The mini camp and he would say the same thing like like KB KB yeah yeah, and it keep going on like he's literally I don't know what it is.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'm just always in that and that's that you know that the sight line. But I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's funny, like you said, me and Brabel got a really good relationship just based upon like I don't know, like it's easy to respect the guy who played for a long time and obviously won championships and stuff like that. But I don't know, man, maybe just like saying my name, maybe k B just rolls off the tongue rolls up all the time.
Speaker 2: We were actually just well, I mean, you look at the the things you do like you're a leader. You play defense, you play consistently, you take all the snaps like you're you're hitting all the marks that Verbel wants for sure, for sure, no come out.
Speaker 1: And then Derek, you know how Derek can get sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, just don't I just think my favorite part, bro, it was twenty twenty and I remember we be you know it's it's it's one of the meetings, one of the days. And uh, you know he doesn't say a whole lot, like talk to a whole lot to that because number one, Verbel speak more on like the defensive side than offense. But he'll he'll he'll dip his toes on the offense. He does a you know, I'm not a running back.
Speaker 2: But if you, yeah, just put your hand a little lower.
Speaker 1: You want to hand lower, your job. But you know, instead of just holding it out there, right, you know, use it as a weapon. There's a weapon. Use it as a weapon than.
Speaker 3: Me because you could just you just know, like Derek will be sitting there because you can tell Derek never really like being called on or having an answer to your question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's you know, Derrick Henry.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to tell you how to run the football, but right here, if you just cap him instead of if you just yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Might work out better for you. Like I said, I'm not a running back, but he too.
Speaker 4: I felt like that's a lot of I wouldn't say a lot of the reason. But even when like Theray will get on you in the team meeting room or something like that, I feel like y'all really had a really good relationship because and I don't know how you feel about it, but I will always notice, like we'll go into the games and I'll walk into the locker room, you know, going to the stadiumn you and veriously busting each other's balls, like almost like play.
Speaker 1: Fighting a little bit. I'm like, just getting on this man in the meeting room, but then you see him before it games like they're really really cool. So I don't maybe feel like you can take it, you know what I'm saying. I ain't saying that Derek came, but I feel like there's certain guys like I think he knows how to he does know how you know how to coach everybody.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm saying the same way.
Speaker 2: Yea, Rabel is a level of awareness is really high. Like Derek, you can pick it like some days Derek will be like loud, yelling, telling jokes.
Speaker 1: The other days you can just tell, hey, Derek wants to be left alone. Today.
Speaker 2: Me, I'm always kind of loud, And I think Rabel saw that as an opportunity, like, all right, I can chirp this guy because we can go we can go back and forth a little bit. And that was But there were times, you know, I'm like, why the fuck is this man always on me?
Speaker 1: But I'm doing my job.
Speaker 2: And just like he would tell Derek, like I'm not a running back, but he would come into the damn old line room smoking on a jewel and sit there and I missed the buck, like just fucking get in front of him, like block him. Like it would be totally different the way he talked to me, the way he talked to Derek.
Speaker 4: Because he played like as a pass us the defensive linemans. So maybe he has like something against.
Speaker 3: He's played pretty much every position, Yea, at all he sat in. Never see I played fourteen years in the league.
Speaker 1: I've been a backup.
Speaker 2: No, I mean fourteen years. I don't know what do I what do I know? But me, I mean I was pretty much just this punching bag.
Speaker 1: No, you weren't. Will.
Speaker 2: Will is so funny because he's like, I don't know where raburnized relationship is. But Raywood literally text Will a picture of him in like parksy of Utah and be like, hey, next year, we're going skim.
Speaker 3: In the off season and then just too different. Well, he loves different time like moments of the season. It's always like I'm like always joking with but I'm always thinking in my head, like man, you fucking when he talks like, hey, let's see what our social.
Speaker 1: Media media manager's up to.
Speaker 3: Remember that time I had uh, I put Darren Bates in the the neck brace, I made him wear yellow jersey.
Speaker 1: He was like, you know, dude, I took a video of it in the last room. Yeah, I remember. He texted me that night.
Speaker 3: He's like, you think it's smart putting uh putting videos of guys who were injured on video on on Twitter.
Speaker 1: And then you know what to say and he.
Speaker 3: Goes, I can't wait for the team meeting tomorrow, And I just remembered like not being able to sleep there you and then when he does calling it whether or not.
Speaker 1: I know, guys think.
Speaker 3: It's funny, but I'm truly sitting there like, fuck man, right, even like.
Speaker 4: When you came back for the second time or the third time you did your when you did your skit the second time the brain, bro, you don't understand how funny that was. But I just like I remember just peeking back at Raves like he was just looking smile and he was just as proud loving it.
Speaker 1: He was loving it, bro. I'm telling you, Brover, we've grown a lot.
Speaker 2: I went to Rabel's office that like last camp and I was like, hey, we gotta get Will for the Rookie Show.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: Apparently as soon as I walked out the door, he called the Will immediately.
Speaker 3: Yes, Hey, would you want to would you want to be coach Rabel again in training camp?
Speaker 1: And I was like, I mean, you saved the Rookie Show. Saved it. I mean it wasn't bad, but it's never good, but.
Speaker 7: It's not bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, previous years it was pretty bad, Like we had some really bad performances.
Speaker 7: I remember during COVID year.
Speaker 4: Because we obviously was in a bubble and when we had two like defensive lineman, guys got up there like cut off T shirts and start some old weird stuff.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro and.
Speaker 3: Everybody, it's kind of scattered, like there's not really that you want.
Speaker 1: Shoulders touching shoulders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bridge show too, like if a guy next to you just like out of control, laughing, bumping into you, like gifts.
Speaker 2: But the antics, the antics with Malarkey though, he would come in with a little bent knee touching his other knee, talking about, hey, KB, I got a hundred for you if you can make this basketball shot. Totally is a totally different vibe, definitely different vibe.
Speaker 1: Man. I couldn't stand him. I could not stand.
Speaker 2: We interrupt this episode to bring you Duke Cannon. We like to talk to you about your shower game for a minute. Here's the fact the body body washer're using right now is weak, water down and probably smells like a JV locker room. Simply put, it's not getting the job done. The boys need a shower of substance after a hard day's work, and that's why we use thick, high viscocity body wash.
Speaker 1: From Duke Cannon. Sure Thicker is better.
Speaker 2: Duke Cannon thick body washes, built to work hard and not spew down the shower drain.
Speaker 1: Woof.
Speaker 2: All the scents are amazing, but my personal favorite is Midnight Swim. It smells like a cannonball into a moonlit lake, not a dip in the hot tub at the Starlit Motel. Also, you boys were at NASCAR yesterday.
Speaker 1: I put that dry.
Speaker 2: Cool on, the only coolest thing on your body, the only cool thing on my body the whole time. But the pits were smelling great and feeling fresh. My boy get to try Duke Cannon. So for a limited time, we're hooking the Boys up with twenty percent off your first order at Duke Cannon dot com dot com with code the Boys twenty. That's twenty percent off when you use code the Boys twenty at Duke Cannon dot com.
Speaker 1: Duke Cannon work harder, smell better. I remember this was was it my second or third year?
Speaker 4: Remember Malarkey took us up to Fort Campbell, Yes, and he had to do this ocle. Listen will when I tell you this might have been some of the hot probably the one of the hardest workers that had do in my life. Like obviously Malochay was like big in the military. He'd obviously brought a lot of military speakers and stuff like that, some Navy seals or whatever. But he took us up to Fort Campbell as a team, right, and I don't know, it was just like we didn't know he was gonna gou there and do a crazy workout. It was like, you know, we're gonna go up there, you know, kind of had your tightest gear and stuff like that on. So the guys taking the students, like we literally had to like the first part of it was like guys picking up a huge log, three or four guys taking it up forty yards. Then boom running around here go into this like this trench. You know you ever see like guys crawling in the mud and like bro with bob wires on top of you and they're just spreading mud or whatever. And it was just so funny because I remember DeMarco Murray Delaney walk was looking the side like, Bro, I'm not doing it, Like get on the floor, get on the ground.
Speaker 2: Lanny was so funny about ship, like all the coaches, every coach I've ever seen across Delaney's past loved him, but Delaney would not do some of the ship and Delaney and those fucking what is it? What's the union union meetings?
Speaker 1: Damn you're out of those union meetings.
Speaker 2: We'd be like it'd be like, hey, we got an hour meeting today. We're gonna go over all stuff they talk about four to one k all the things, and then like everyone's like, how do we just get the fuck out here? Five minutes before the meets? You ever say did anybody have any questions? Delanne would raise his hand like, Dalaney, we want to leave. You would ask some dumb ass.
Speaker 1: Questions, the dumbest questions, like just like hypotheticals that are never going to take place. But the thing is he would get like two or three other guys to like buy into that question.
Speaker 2: You'll be there for another twenty minutes. That was the beauty of Delaney.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: It's funny now because I'm like the union rep but the team now with the NFL P I almost.
Speaker 1: Want guy to ask you.
Speaker 4: What you're saying because especially when you're a young player, bro, you just finished practice and then like obviously we're leaving practice whatever. They're like, Okay, we got a union meeting, and it's like, bro, you're trying to be on the first thing smoking out of the building, but then you got to stay for extra forty five minutes to either vote on something or talk about union.
Speaker 7: Dudes, You're like, bro, I'm trying to go.
Speaker 3: It's already o'clock, right, it's dark at five o'clock, and you're just like, man, I'm trying to get fucking home.
Speaker 2: You hit the middle of season, you hit late October, and it's like, we just get the fuck.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 7: Man, I'm trying to do whatever I can to get You're.
Speaker 1: There so damn early. When's the Madden check hit? Exactly?
Speaker 7: Not for real?
Speaker 4: And it's funny because I even like thinking about training camp, Like you're talking about Malarkey. Remember we used to get out of like training camp on Malarkey at like eight o'clock, yes, thirty at.
Speaker 1: Night, right, and then benchake could be at ten.
Speaker 7: Benchick a literally bit.
Speaker 4: I remember that, and guys were like because we would have like a three hour break in between the day and then like obviously I was a young player then, but I know, like I was like Derrick Morgan and Rack would be like, hey, malarkey, like, you know, on a leadership council deal like malarkey, Like, you know, how about we take out this long break in the middle and just push everything up so we can get out later. Like what training camp is supposed to be hard. It's suposed to be super hard. I'm like, but you know, that's how it is when you got a coach that played, you know, back in the eighties or nineties and stuff like that, and obviously it was really hard. They probably having two a day's three days stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, they probably thinking we're soft.
Speaker 7: Yes, Like, bro, it's not the same type of thing no more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's different times.
Speaker 2: That three hour break though, it was such a pain in the ascess of how late you got out.
Speaker 1: But some of the most fun times walker room.
Speaker 2: Though all the lights would be out, some guys be taking naps, us to be playing cards in the corner, be playing Super Smash Brothers.
Speaker 1: There was like some fun times, but it was some bonding. It was nice.
Speaker 2: But then as soon as the thirty hitting, You're like, bro, I have to literally have to go back to the hotel and go.
Speaker 1: Right to sleep. Whattel you guys saying, then we were at the.
Speaker 2: First place I ever sayd that was Millennium Maxwell House.
Speaker 7: Were you ever there, No, I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I think the year I got there was the year y'all moved out of it. I heard some bad stuff.
Speaker 1: About it, like five or six years got bad.
Speaker 7: By I heard about that.
Speaker 1: It was bad ship. Yeah, it would be like get.
Speaker 7: The cars broke into too.
Speaker 1: It was bad out there. It was.
Speaker 2: That was the rough times. And then we went to like the Spring Hills Sweets or something like that. After Yeah, rookie year man.
Speaker 3: Because we got like in Washington, we got to go. We went to Richmond and did training camp. So the majority of our would be at the hotel, like the Omni. We got to put up in the Omni and stuff. So we when we had the big long breaks, it'd be at the hotels. So whenever meetings concluded or whatever, we just got to go right up to our room, because you guys did all the we we would always do the meetings at the facility and then drive to whether it's you know, hotel or go home or something like that.
Speaker 4: How is that like happing to travel like somewhere for us? How far was it you said?
Speaker 1: Two hours? Probably two and a half hours away from where we like lived, where y'all lived. How was that?
Speaker 7: But you said, yeah, I was in an omni So yeah, I was a nice little dog.
Speaker 3: I loved it, bro We It's like, you know, you're the camaraderie is at an all time high because you're you're taking these you're taking busses over to practice. That's probably the only part that you didn't like, is like you're just going, you're hopping on buses. But man, like, you know, you're all in this awesome hotel together. You're doing all the meetings there, you're doing you get all your meals there, everything else, and then when you have the off days and everything else, you're all there. So everybody that's at the hotel or hitting the same spots, whether you go out, whether you're enjoying dude traveling to go do training camp, like those are some of the most fun.
Speaker 4: Because I would just think about, like you think about like the Pittsburgh Steelers they still go to like Saint Vincent like community college or something like that, and like players are living in like dorms for training camp. And I was thinking, like, brother has to be trash like and it may be cool. Obviously it's a traditional thing that they probably do up there. But I'm like, because, for example, one reason why in training camp, one of the only things I really don't like about training camp is the fact that players have to stay in hotels. And I don't know, maybe because I'm just getting a little older, but I'm like, I get better sleep in my own.
Speaker 1: Bed right than I will hotel beds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's like I'm just thinking about having to sleep in the dorm bed. Like do guys like bringing their own beds from home in there or is.
Speaker 3: This like I remember Josh Norman, he bring his hyperbaric chamber, you know, and Too, Yeah, the story came out about Too sleeping on the hyperbaric tramber during training camp.
Speaker 1: By five guys were trying to get on the way of doing that.
Speaker 3: Like guys are trying and bring all this stuff, like you know, when you're everybody's got their Norman tags, their game ready, like different stuff like that. But yeah, I mean, whether dudes are bringing a memory fhone pad to sleep on all right, But yeah, I like, but being a rookie and coming in like you kind of don't know anything else, You're like Oh, this must.
Speaker 1: Be a whirlwind being a rookie. Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh it's sick. We get to stay in this omni hotel, you know what I mean. It's wild too when you see like other rookies like KB, for instance, like when you're two years younger than me.
Speaker 7: Yeah it was fourteen.
Speaker 1: I was sixteen, okay, yeah, so sixteen.
Speaker 2: When you're playing offense, like you don't really focus too much on like a safety. And I remember like halfway through the season you were making some plays. It's a rookie, and I like when over some defense guys, was like, hey, is KB going to be good? Like is he good? Like you really have no idea. It's crazy how we're on the same team but you really don't know. And everyone's like, oh, he'll be good, he'll be Goodload a picture. Rookie year, right, I had second year. The second year. Second year, he went crazy. That Cleveland game was that Cleveland?
Speaker 1: It was Cleveland? Yes, I was like the coming out party for King.
Speaker 4: It's like we barely won the game, like twelve to nine or something like.
Speaker 1: That's when we were always running duo. We were always running to do.
Speaker 4: And like I was like return them like to the plus fitting and stuff like that, and the woods is like kicking field goal.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, bro, come on, yeah, supposed to be you know what I'm saying. Getting some some distance between this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know you're becoming a good player when you were making plays like that and then getting mad at the offense, because when you're a rookie and you make a big play, it's like you're just happy you made that big play.
Speaker 1: And honestly, even during that time, like I really wasn't mad at the offense.
Speaker 4: I was just more like, be honest, bro, Like not honestly being a young player, I'm like, bro, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not here balling like yeah, no doubt balling like you almost just get to pick and return and stuff. And then when the offense on you, I just like, Bron, we can't do nothing.
Speaker 2: We can't do nothing because we would literally run these same plays. We would either run a open side like inside zone, or we would run a duo, which is.
Speaker 4: This is what I learned, Like or I've noticed obviously getting older, like when you get older, you start to getting pissed off. Because it's funny when I was younger player and I'm just a ball. I'm like, bro, Like I'm sitting on the sideline and I caught the three picks just like bro, Like in off like, Bro, I just caught three picks in an NFL game, Like I'm really like blow. But then like you would have like Brian Ratpo and Derrick Morgan and Jiel Case on the other side, like.
Speaker 1: Man, what are we doing right? Pusting out the offense?
Speaker 4: Like it was just so funny, and now like you just get older, it's like I get it now because you know you don't have a few more years, Like obviously you play more years than you're probably gonna play, So it's like you want to be successful in everything, and you're obviously more in the leadership position being that older, so it's like you're kind of in tune with everything that's going on, versus when you're young, you're just like I'm just out here running around making plays like I don't really know what's going on. I'm trying to make a name for myself.
Speaker 2: But then you start to understand the game better tracked, like you're trying to like you know, get the accolades, impressure coaches stick around for years to come.
Speaker 7: It's so you know how this thing really goes.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, when you're young, you just want to go out there and first, first off, solidify a role on the team, just a starter role player. I play on third downs, I play first you know what I'm saying. Whatever it is, you just want to give on the team, make a name for stuff. Then you start going out and making plays, and it's like you just want to make more plays. You try to, Like as a young player, like I'm not really worried about what's going on around the whole team. I'm just like focus on my job and stuff like that. Obviously, if you get older and you get more of a leadership role on the team, you kind of okay, and I'm a mentor to this guy or now I want to be able to be a leader to the offense and stuff like that. So but as a young player, Bro, I was out there trying to make plays.
Speaker 1: Bro, that was it. I wasn't it almost better being a younger player, like I knew I had. You just don't know. You just don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, you're you know you're in the NFL. You know you're getting the salaries, like you know you're want.
Speaker 1: To be a leader by example. Yeah, yeah, hopefully, but just by example.
Speaker 4: I just want to go ou here and play hard, practice hard, and just that's it, really, you.
Speaker 1: Know, to show everybody you're gonna be somebody.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like young players that try to come in immediately become like vocal leaders on team where you already have seven eight year, nine year veterans. They're looking at this guy like, slow your role, young, like, yeah, go make some plays first, then maybe we'll start listening to you.
Speaker 1: I remember it too.
Speaker 2: Much when I when when I first got there, we had two dudes in the offensive line room that were year ten plus. When we went out for the first like run the first like you know, phase one OTAs practice, right, and I was out there fucking sprinting. You know, I was really getting chirp for going too hard and all all the your ten guys. I'm like, these fucking dudes don't know. They don't know what I'm about to do in this league. Like likeg like telling yourself whatever you gotta tell yourself. Then you get out the games and you're like just happy to be out there. You're like, I'm just gonna play super fucking hard and you're not realizing even if like in the fourth we're like, oh yo, we're losing you just like hey did I play good?
Speaker 1: Did I not right? And then you start to understand more.
Speaker 2: And then the guy like Rabele who comes in who makes people understand the other side of the ball, Like he makes you know like, hey, offense, we gotta do this in this situation. He's quizzing guys on two minutes. Hey, what are you gonna do in this two minute situation? So like you hear that, and then you catch yourself during a two minute when the defense is on the field, You're like, they should be doing this.
Speaker 1: They should be doing.
Speaker 2: The fence where they don't let people out out of bounds, make sure they keep they tackle the guy, make sure they pile on.
Speaker 1: The guy when they tackle the guy.
Speaker 2: You're like seeing all that, You're like, yeah, you like Lily, well, you know how I don't want to go back to Rabel, but I'd be in there, like fuck.
Speaker 1: Do I know the defensive calls? Do I know what they want to do?
Speaker 3: Try to call on the team keys like after practice is over, bro, I know they're thinking like okay, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to me and would always be like all right, first one probably most like to get in his vision right now.
Speaker 4: It's funny because like I would have guys on the team and it's because I always.
Speaker 1: Know the team keys and so like, you know, we get it. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: Leader.
Speaker 4: That's the real example is like gods make sure like what's.
Speaker 1: The team yeah, and they're looking forward to because you know, verybel he.
Speaker 4: Will pick on certain guys like if you're a guy that didn't answer the questions right in the morning, means he's going to ask you again. Like I feel like the longer you were very you kind of learned his Tennessee is like, bro, if you messed up, you're here to get answered the question again until you start to get it right. So bro like being those things that the end of practic as far as team keys. So that's probably the funniest things ever because you just know, like you just had a long practice, like you're tired, you're ready to get it out of here, and the last thing you remember is what the second special team kid is like keep it real, Like you know what I'm saying, because going into the meeting in the morning, we.
Speaker 1: Got to say it. You got to say it basically bait him exactly. We got to know exactly, don't miss one word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I know, like the first year and everything else, like when all this stuff is happening, like you know, you're thinking to your stuff like, oh man, this is so dumb, why do we keep doing shit like this? But over time you realize, like, man, he does an incredible job like painting the vision of how you're going to beat a team week in and.
Speaker 1: Week out, so well.
Speaker 3: Whether we're at a weakness at one point, we got to pick up somewhere else, but just the way he talks about and paints that vision on team keys in each phase and then goes through it with the tape throughout the week, and then the Friday tape when he's talking about you know how many times you see guys swiping at the ball instead of punching through.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, he talks about stuff.
Speaker 3: He talks about these things so much, those fundamental football things so much that even when you're watching the game, you're like picturing Vrabel's voice going over it in a Friday tape.
Speaker 1: You're like, this is going to reach the Titans Friday tape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would text Frable when I was like this past year when I was hurt, I would text him on like Sunday and be like, is that Friday tape? He goes, no question, Yeah, yeah, no question, that's Friday tape next week.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: He had the career watching games sometimes like if it's if we played on Sunday, if it's setting that game, like you're just picturing like what Brave was gonna say to me, and like, Oh, that's for sure gonna be on Friday.
Speaker 2: Or Thursday night football. He'd like, this is for sugar to make Tomorrow, sure, sugar to make even when.
Speaker 1: You're gone out. Like I couldn't shake him. Even when I was on the Raiders.
Speaker 3: He would send me he was video record a play being made, and then he'd be like, celebrate with your teammates.
Speaker 1: Man, don't you know, don't make it making it all about yourself. I see.
Speaker 4: But then it's funny because I remember sending the video to Raves like he had made an interception when he played.
Speaker 1: He had worse. I know, white guy celebration just ran off. Yes, his teammate is just chasing. He's read to the solid.
Speaker 4: I just sat down, didn't celebrate with anybody. That's so that's what you preach, bro, because.
Speaker 1: That was my ship personally, Like all right, next time you learn.
Speaker 3: From the best, and it's of course doing his own thing. Quick t oh, boys, quick t o. We got to bring you a shout out, no free shout out from the boys at neck coins.
Speaker 1: If you are for the boys, then listen up. Neck quins is an.
Speaker 3: Net coins is on a mission to make crypto investing super simple. They have the most popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum, and killer mobile app and best of all, no fee trading. Netcoins has a twenty five dollars cash bonus for new users who sign up using the promo code bussing BUSSI n but check this out, boys.
Speaker 1: Net coins is up in the game. For the rest of.
Speaker 3: June, Taylor and I will be going head to head to see which state gets the most new users. It's Californian Michigan versus Nebraska Missouri. Come on, boys, Grady, let's go stand up the bust and bowl meets crypto.
Speaker 1: What's in it for everyone? Whichever boy gets.
Speaker 3: The most users signed up their home states will learn an additional ten dollars reward for users from those states. Taylor has a big advantage as usual size advantage download, but I have that dog in me, as you boys know. Sign up now, get twenty five dollars in cash to trade on the app and use the promo code busting. Download the net cooins app or learn more at netcoins dot com.
Speaker 1: Let's go California and remember get back to the episode.
Speaker 2: Literally when I when I did the That Maya cast playoff with a Michigan versus TCU, I when Defenseul happened, there were guys like swiping and not stabbing, and I was saying that and we go to commercial, but.
Speaker 1: You know what you're talking about. We're hitting some good but it was all it was all ravel.
Speaker 2: Dude, was like, just get yourself on a Friday meeting right now, the one and pick on a couple of things. Swipe and not stabbing. I'm like, hey, brother, that's a good play. But next time you got a stab through that whole thing. I was like, damn, I'm really out here doing it.
Speaker 4: If you're with able at least two years, not almost just say one year.
Speaker 1: Like there's no way to buy in that one year though, you gotta buy, you know, like Rashaw's rookie year.
Speaker 3: It was like hey, I would just remember always telling Rashaan throughout the entire year like hey, this is just mental warfare, like this what he does, this is just what happens. This is just how rookies, how rookie the rookie treatment is. But it would just always be like when you gets chirped, we just whisper like mental warfare, mental warfare.
Speaker 2: I feel like Rashawn just didn't. It wasn't faced like when you first that dude in the Denver game, and then on Monday Rabel went off and you saw Shawn. He's like okay absolutely then walked down team room, looked like he was unscathed, no bullet hit him. If I did that, I'd be sitting there like a limber.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was tripable, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, because he was truly rubber and glue, like that old little saying as a kid, I'm rubber your glue.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: See it until we like said we got in the team.
Speaker 2: Me and I just like Jake Butt Michigan, man, I just turn around like what's the flag for where you at?
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking to the sideline, and then I would look back like, oh, bro, I saw like, where's my helmet? God damn it, I'm gonna have to go playing this fucking game. I just showed up. I just showed up ten days before.
Speaker 3: We were recapping that the other day talking about the Vic Beasley Like my first day coming back that second time was when everybody was we were like standing and not practicing the whole social justice stuff. And I was sitting there on my first day like, oh, first day back, like we're not having to practice, like we're ten days out from the first game, Like this is nice. I completely missoff training camp. Yeah, and we were talking about Vic Beasley, like him chiming in from the.
Speaker 7: Band Highlight y'all did.
Speaker 4: Honestly, that was probably one of the funniest things I've seen, bro. So, first off, it was weird. That whole Vic Beasley deal was just like a weird saga. He had a weird year in Tennessee because I remember when he signed in the spring. He signed in the spring, and then like I remember, Brady was just like, bro, like the guys ain't even picking up the phone, like we just signed this man, and it's like, don't not hear anything from him? Remember he didn't report training camp like the first week or two, and it was unexcused. It was like nobody was like, where is he? It's like and then he just showed up and I never forget this.
Speaker 7: I was leaving.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know if I was leaving. I was getting some of my car and I walked into the park. I'm like, or somebody getting told, like like you know what, no real talk. I'm like, somebody's getting told. He just that's so funny. And I come back in and it was a dog in the car too. It was a dog in the car and the windows rolled down. It wasn't like an animal crudity stuff. But the dog's in the car.
Speaker 1: Envelope.
Speaker 2: I go, but.
Speaker 4: Somebody's getting told. But it's this man's daily driver. He was daily driving a tow truck. Bro, it was the funniest thing in the world. Then, like you said, first time, it was like this might have been his first day, second day or whatever. He might have been there a couple days. But he was kind of weird because he didn't talk to anybody. He said to buy it, and Bro, obviously we're not practicing. Ray was giving the floor to everybody. People are talking about some real stuff. Talking about stuff that he'd been through and it was deep. It was actually deep. And then it's kind of thinking, Okay, you know, what do you think about doing for the first game, like cause it was kind of like, do you want to do a message?
Speaker 1: Shandon Ar's kind of what I was talking about, and you know, I'm I'm towards the front.
Speaker 4: I'm not even really sure who's back there talking, and so I just heard a voice that I really had never heard before because I never heard him speak out loud. And this man was like, yeah, man, I think it was just I think we should just boycott the first game.
Speaker 1: It was one of those like what the fuck?
Speaker 7: What bro?
Speaker 3: I remember thinking because I didn't know I was saying too that I knew the name, like I knew of Vic Beasley, but I know that that was him. And I just remember looking and seeing again first thing, and I'm like looking back there and seeing to say that, I'm thinking, oh, that's a rookie, like he's gone, He's that'sh it for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Son. By the way, get your play book. John wants to see him.
Speaker 4: It's actually funny because Rabel didn't just like cut him off from now. You kind of let him say what he was gonna say. But it was just like but I knew, like talking to Rage beforehand, like it was pissed at Big Like I remember coming to some of the leaders like this guy just didn't.
Speaker 7: Report and it was like he was hot.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, Bro, the first thing that you want to say out loud in front of the whole entire group is that was your boycott the first game.
Speaker 7: Man, Like, I've never seen about that, Like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 7: Like real, it was like, Bro, this guy right here is out.
Speaker 1: Of his mind.
Speaker 2: I've never seen somebody that willing to go to so many distances to not play, like he would do everything he could knock and play.
Speaker 4: That was a weird year because like it was it was obviously it was COVID. The whole world was kind of in flux.
Speaker 1: It was weird.
Speaker 4: But you know, we signed him when we signed Clowny, like we signed Clemnell. I think the week ever time we signed you was like the week of the first game, And I remember Big Beesy being training cam Like like you said before, it's like.
Speaker 7: Chilling collect It was like a real deal thing.
Speaker 2: I have never met anybody because he they said he got fined for not showing up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was like, bro, you had no reason not to show up. It was ridiculous, like you didn't know that you want to getting fine?
Speaker 3: No way, I want to say too, like when those stories were getting written, like nobody had heard from him when he wasn't showing up And wasn't there a photo that surfaced of that toe truck or like him.
Speaker 1: Being like he was like her heart down and it was on like Snapchat or something.
Speaker 7: Bro, it was hilarious.
Speaker 4: And it's funny because the house that I was living in that during that time, I would I drove by like a street and I guess he had like an airbnb. He lived not too far from me. Yeah, I seen the same right in a driveway. I was just making his daily rounds man. But but it's Big Beasley got us.
Speaker 2: It actually had like a like some sort of business like a number on the side of it and everything like something towing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said that, Like I guess like during the off season, like he was living in the country or something to helped like one of his boys. Like I guess like around like big Bells. Hey, I don't know what it was, but it was just like around to go get a pickup truck, like a regular truck, like real was hilarious. But like you said, it was weird because and I said, this is not me trying to just down on him, but it was just funny because like he would be, you know, in the training room obviously getting tripping on his knees, like yeah, man, like trying to milk.
Speaker 1: This thing into like game two or three.
Speaker 4: It was like he would just openly be saying and I don't even think even if he heard this that he would be like, oh, I can't believe that. Like nah, he was dead serious, like I'm trying to milk this thing and like you know, game two or three, Like I'm just like, bro, you literally just got on this team and you sitting here just I've never met anybody who openly just like you would see some people back in their moms like maybe they know they're hurting. It's like, you know, I'm really not ready, I'm gonna try it, but like but no, he was like especially when it's saying, oh you know what are you respect it that, because it's like he was just dead serious, like it's like you know, like I'm just trying to milk this thing. Obviously we didn't like it, but it was like, bro, this guy is very honest, Like it's ridiculous, like like you would.
Speaker 2: Walk away from him with your buddies and be like, man, that's crazy he thinks like that. But like good for him, Like he's truly made that decision. It's a different time, be done different crazy that oh year, the COVID year was.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Remember remember we got the week off and beat Buffalo, beat the ship at a Buffalo. We said, disask what when it was brought to you by Zoom?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember that week and like obviously guys like we couldn't work out together and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: We're just doing like Zoom meetings or whatever.
Speaker 4: And obviously we destroyed the bills and so like gods, like next week after the game, like rabes, like, I mean, it's put on tape.
Speaker 1: We don't need to we don't goint of practice, Like what do we got to do anything?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: We can just get on Zoom do our thing. Were working on our own and then come the game.
Speaker 2: You know, this day probably the best game we've played collectively as a team. Yeah, no, lie in Titan's history.
Speaker 4: Probably nowhere near perplect even watching the field of the game, like well everybody have you know, nobody's played the perfect game, but to dominate them the way we did, and we didn't practice then entire I think we had to walk through Saturday night or something at the hotel or somebody.
Speaker 7: I don't know if we stayed at the hole.
Speaker 1: Do we stay at hotel?
Speaker 2: I don't think we could stay at the hotel.
Speaker 1: I walked through at the facility.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when the bubble come in and you had to change there and the loop and everything because we.
Speaker 2: Had our lockers were like in chairs, and people forget we were supposed to play the Steelers. We were supposed to play the Steelers, and that game had to get moved.
Speaker 1: We did. We went from like hey, you're playing the Steels. Were literally watching film the Steelers, and then like like four days before we put the Bills, like, hey, we're not playing the Steelers. We're playing the Bills now.
Speaker 2: And it was like Josh Allen here, make him roll to the right, like all this ship, dude, And I was like, okay, we're just pivoting and it's crazy and we like me Ben and Roger would be like, all right, guys, let's meet at Lipscomb University. Yeah, like a half assed twenty minute and you get to get a little sweat going by our boys.
Speaker 1: No, right, gotta go hard. I remember going to that game but being.
Speaker 2: Like it's either gonna be a dogfight or we're gonna get blown the fuck out exactly.
Speaker 4: They were still practicing, yeah, because we didn't know. And it was funny because I remember even leading, like in the beginning of the week, it was like the coaches like, hey, this is before to remember the league was like, oh, y'all can't work out together, yeah, or something like that.
Speaker 2: But we were working out and then all of us sudden the league was like you can't do that, and then there was a whole thing. All were gonna lose games or it's something gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Paul or Paul Horsky closer to a picture of like Tannehill and the receivers getting together, like all they're breaking COVID rules.
Speaker 1: All the safeties and the DB's are out somewhere here were.
Speaker 4: Because this was earlier in the week where we're just like we was at Rose Park or somebody that close to the gold little baseball field, a little baseball doing a little drills, just trying to stay in shape or whatever. And then like we did that for like a day or two and then eventually they said we couldn't do anything. So it was hilarious that whole year.
Speaker 1: It was a weird year, bro, it because the theme is just like, hey, just just say win and where it doesn't matter. When it doesn't matter, we blew them the fuck out, bro, We destroyed them. Yes, it was like forty forty seven or twenty something.
Speaker 3: They were practicing hard too, because I remember I was talking with Trent Murphy. We got on the phone. I was like, are you guys, Like, what are you guys doing? He's like, Bro, we're practicing fucking hard, like we had He goes, we had to do condition, we had to do gassers the day after practice.
Speaker 1: He's like, what was that coaches first year?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't think it was his first year.
Speaker 3: But it's more of like, don't you know, basically, don't think of these guys lightly just because they can't practice or do anything else.
Speaker 1: So they were trying to keep them sharp and.
Speaker 2: Like they had we had to go in that locker room after and be like, damn, they definitely they coach just had to think like we worked them too hard, like they they did something.
Speaker 3: Wrong because we got a couple of picks from Josh Allen, which was kind of surprised we're getting these Yeah, we were getting these picks. I'm like, damn, hey, we're about to whoop these boys.
Speaker 1: But we really did that too.
Speaker 7: It was crazy, bro, Like I think I know Malcolm had a pick who else called.
Speaker 2: The street rat Malcolm Butler whatever got to be favorites of all time. Malcolm, Like you just a street rat. You're just a street rat, like our biggest contract was, and he's just I mean out there competing every day.
Speaker 1: Bro a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see a dB put a lip in, You're like, oh, this is a country ass motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Bro this this guy Malcolm. Bro Like even just thinking about it, kvid here. One day, Malcolm like almost like went missing. It's weird, just went missing, like couldn't like the.
Speaker 1: Best ones always there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember, like coaches came in like, hey, anybody seen Malcolm, Like where's Malcolm at? Like, no, I call them, nobody's picking on the phone. I think that you know they sent jab. You know they sent jab. When the Aaron jeb go over his house, it was like, Bro, nobody was there, like but his cars aparked outside. He said, his mailbox full of mail and everything was like And then because remember COVID, we was in the bubble and we had our meeting rooms in the bubble and we're all spread out and we had like curtains up and stuff like that. And I remember just in the meeting and then I remember just kind of turning my right and Bro, Malcolm just appeared just like slid in. It just sat down like it didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Did he in trouble? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Nobody. The coaches are like they didn't know that he had walked in at the time, right, didn't That's what I'm saying. He slid in and then the coaches like, hey, what's uping, like, hey, what's up y'all boys, and like this gott just went along like, bro.
Speaker 7: Where were you? You know what I'm saying of the last man? Not definitely one of the best for sure.
Speaker 2: When he had that pick was right before Christmas against the Redskins, and it was like just go down.
Speaker 1: But he took it all the way back. He cribbed it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you who almost who almost taught him was Trent Williams. He did bro that, man, is just fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 1: He did it was funny.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 7: Like I said, Malcolm was a dog man.
Speaker 4: He was one of those, like you said, like legit street rat kind of guys, scrappy.
Speaker 1: I mean, didn't always have the best technique, but he just had that.
Speaker 4: He just had that ability to be I don't know, man, just like a street It's like, you know, like he got like a one basketball street basketball. He was like a street football player where were just like, don't forget the technique. I'm just gonna go out here and beat Malcolm and I'm just gonna scrap. I'm gonna make plays. Yeah, what he was as a player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just that mentality too, Like I felt like anytime he lost and never really phased him.
Speaker 1: Not right here, yeah, right here, Christmas time too. But the game's over, go down, It's literally it's over. That's mocking for you. He's trying to get a touchdown. Them stats matter, he's trying to really contract man.
Speaker 4: I almost feel like Bert I don't even blame you because at the end of the day, like obviously you'll get in a film like Maccolm next time, get down. But when you get to the off season and you're talking contract and stuff, is like I.
Speaker 1: Had a pick six.
Speaker 4: Yeah matter, Like the highlights don't matter, just like whistle on a piece of paper, like.
Speaker 1: Exactly, bro, pick six. That stuff matters. Man.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, dude, we don't up this episode to bring you. Bowlero Bolero is the world's largest owner and operator of bowling centers, with over three hundred and twenty five locations throughout the United States, currently located in thirty four states. Belerera is known for reinnovating one of America's oldest pastimes into a new and unforgettable experience with modern and beautiful design venues, expansive arcades, premium signature cocktails at a creative menu. Now we're here to introduce the Barstool Bowlero Invitational this summer, this summer's most anticipated event except for possible except for Olympics. Joining the Invitational is easy. Enter your name and visit the Bolero near you and bowl for your chance to be entered to win one of our ultimate prizes, including limited edition Barstool bowling gear and event and event at any Bolero and the Ultimate Grand Prize, which includes tickets to the Super Bowl and NBA Finals, plus a trip to the Barstool Blero Invitational Final in Chicago on August ninth. The fund doesn't stop here. Enjoy a guaranteed spot on the lanes. When you reserve a lane or book an event at boleronear you visit bolo dot com use code promo code Barstool for fifteen percent off your next lane reservation.
Speaker 1: This offer is only valued through August thirty.
Speaker 2: First visit www dot bolero dot com for its last barstool. To learn more about the Barstool Blero Invitational starting July twelfth. Participation is open until July twenty third, that's the day after your boys' birthday. No skill is required. All participants have an equal chance of winning. To find a participating center near you, please visit www.
Speaker 1: Dot bolero dot com. Forward slash bar stool.
Speaker 2: How do you feel when you're at the end of the game and they're throwing up a Hail Mary and you know you could easily just catch it, but you know you're supposed to swat it. Down, Like there's gotta be something going through your head. Be like, man, these stats would look nice right now.
Speaker 4: It depends, Like for example, if it's a Heill mayor you know, the ball is under like badly underthorn, I'm I'm gonna try to pick it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But if it's in, like you know, you never know, bro, Like there's been some wild moments that happen, Like sometimes you think, I just.
Speaker 4: Get the ball on the ground, but I ain't gonna lie like halftime or somebody, I might try to pick it off, like if it's but if it's fourth quarter, I'm like, okay, let's get the ball off the line. Games on the line, Okay, let's just back the ball down. It's just when the games got out of here. But halftime, might you know, I try to pick the ball off, honestly, try to do something with it, get us some points, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Never know, Like it's crazy game.
Speaker 2: It's crazy what we talk about, like the being so naive when you're a rookie and like you kind of see articles coming out about guys that are older and you don't really know what to think. And now you've being older, you've caught yourself and like kind not crossfires, but you've caught yourself in situation is like, hey, what's KB up to?
Speaker 1: What's he thinking? Like there are all these new news articles out about you. In the beginning of the year.
Speaker 2: I remember texting you like, hey, if you want to talk about it, remember that free range It was like in Cabo. Yeah, it was in March, and I was like, hey, if you want to talk about it, this can be your platform or whatever. And You're like, hey, I'll get back to you. Never got back. That's fine, we're here now.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 7: Obvious it was a reason, you know what I'm saying, But do.
Speaker 2: You want to do you want to talk about your situation with that at all? Like this is kind of your place to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is, was like I would like, say, when you text me, I was in Cabo, right and uh and so yeah, obviously I'm we had mini camp last week. I did the interview and obviously asking a whole bunch of questions about it, and you know, and obviously i'm you know, for the boys, you know what I'm saying. So I feel a little bit more comfortable talking about stuff like that, but you know, dealing with the whole situation. When I was in Cabo, and that thing happened in March, Like the conversation between the team my agency, it happened like a month ago, and so like I kind of already do the situation, you know what I'm saying. So when I was on the beach literally with my wife, kids are in you know, playing in the sand, I'm just kind of sitting back and like I really wasn't pacing my phone, but like people start texting my phone and like like my agent called me, was like, hey, you've been talking to the media or anything like that, said row on the beach, Like what you mean? So then I jump on social media and I see my like my mentions blowing up. Was like somebody was doing a radio so I don't know who it was. Here in Nashville, was like, okab asked for a trade or has to be released or something like that was he probably was theleased the leak, so just build it up even more kids, And it was just weird because I'm like, how does this come out? Because I know obviously I'm not talking to anybody and anything like that. So uh, that was just weird and like, say, you reached out to me, but I don't know. I just think like the whole situation where I just kind of felt like it was for me personally, like silence is golden, you know what I'm saying. Like I feel like I just had to kind of go dark for a little bit, just because simple fact is is that, you know, it's very easy to get your emotions involved, you know what I'm saying. Obviously, when my agent told me, you know, obviously had a conversation with the team and kind of reported back to me about everything, it was very easy to be emotional because I'd be lying if I didn't say I felt the way about it, you know what I say. I'd be lying if I say that I didn't like what they asked for what you know what I'm saying. So, but at the same time, like there's no like you can't be emotional in business, like just being real, like you makeing the most decision within yall business more than like it's gonna be bad business, you know what I'm saying. So I had to find a way to make sure that, you know, just to compartmentalize everything and just kind of keep my emotions out of it when I'm making these different decisions and stuff like that. So yeah, man, it was you know, it happened, you know what I mean. And I think we're in a good place right now.
Speaker 3: I think, for what it's worth, you do a really good job separating the the emotional and the business side, because it is too it's super easy to get caught up. Like I can only imagine the first time you're getting that phone call, because at the end of the day, it is just business.
Speaker 1: It is just business.
Speaker 3: But I would have I would almost imagine, like you get a call like that and you're somebody who you just finished your what seventh year? Seven year and year? He never missed, have missed a game since you started? And you know your first year, I think it was like week ten.
Speaker 7: You have missed that game? Correct, And you've done.
Speaker 3: All You've done all yeah, yeah, knock on what and you've done all this essentially for the team, Like you're a leader, you're a captain, You've you've had your growth in the Titans organization.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows that. Everybody sees this man the Tennessee Titans franchise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I could almost assume your first emotion, of course, is going to be emotional because it's like, hang on, now, what are.
Speaker 1: We fucking talking about?
Speaker 4: Because it was it was just one of those things where were just like I just didn't really understand it at first, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, And I'm just like this just reclared that they called and they were like, hey, would he take a pay cut? Is that what happened?
Speaker 4: So it was more like so you know, obviously combine, Yes, this is when a time where agents and finally get together with generalman's they have a conversation about players and new GM comes in.
Speaker 1: They're figuring out ways I mean.
Speaker 4: Exactly, like have a conversation bout I'm guarantee you almost every player, especially a veteran player on our team, had a conversation with the GM during the combine or whatever. And I guess that was through out there, and I don't know, like because obviously I wasn't in the room, so I don't really know how it was thrown out there because honestly, I ended last year and was like, you know, talking about agent, like bro, like we need I want to get extension, like I want to be here because obviously you.
Speaker 3: Know, of course listen and you're you're you're you're you're a player, Like exactly what happens if you're if you're a good player in this league, you want to look at the year before your contract is up, and you want to you're excited, especially if.
Speaker 2: You have a hell of a year exactly, and you want to get on the phone excited selfishly for yourself.
Speaker 3: Like that's not saying you're not a selfless player at all, but you're getting on the phone and as a player, you're excited to know, like, hey, could we potentially make something happen and get us an extension.
Speaker 4: So, like I said, it was one of those things where you know, at the end of the season, and obviously we end of the season where it was lost seven games store it's very disappointing.
Speaker 7: It was a stressful time.
Speaker 4: As far as me being the player, it was very stressful because, like you said, that was my even just looking at my career, that was my first time ever having a losing season since like high school. I never had like a losing season, especially the way it ended, because we had so much promise. You know, seventy three be Green Bay Thursday night that we lost seven straight it was miserable, like it was never really been in that situation before. But you know I did the you know, the clean out day and the media and everything, and I'm like, bro, like I don't want to play for another organization, Like this is my legacy. I love it here in Nashville, and so you don't have a conversations with my age. And at the end of the season, like because I kind of know, like I'm a very business savvy person, I'm kind of smart, like I understand that and this is and I feel like we can pivot after this. But like kind of talking about John, and John was trying to sell out as much as he could to build a championship team. And so for myself, like I restructured my contract twice. The first time I think was the sign Clowney and the second time with is I think after I went off pro or something like that. Restructure again it might have been a sign Robert Well. It was something like that because like you're trying to bring on talent, so you're trying to you know, create cast space. But what that does is what post people don't realize what it does, is it increased your cap hit. Later in the life of your contract. So you know, you see people report this guy's making this much money. That's not really how much money you're making just account wise. Your cabine is here, but you may be making somewhere around here. And so that's a situation where, like you said, you get a new GM that comes in, he just looks at this this sheet and just like man I have like for example, you know, obviously you got released, then Jones got released, Bug got released.
Speaker 7: He's looking okay, the ross is a little bit weird. Were a little bit older now.
Speaker 4: So like I got a clear I got a clear caspeit that clear cap space from from anywhere. And so, like I said, I mean, that was my idea of going into the conversation. So my agent called me, was like, hey, it kind of went another way. So like obviously I wasn't in the room, so I don't really know exactly how like was it a situation where it's like, hey, we want to do extension. They just went the complete opposite way, And I don't know, maybe somewhere something, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know how thinking for the first thing, you have no idea like the Domino cont.
Speaker 4: Track extension you're doing. It's like Taylor, like, for example, let's use tailor man. For example, I want to make thirty million dollars and the team is like, well, we want you to make fifteen Yeah, and then you somehow you meet and you know what I'm saying, it's like everybody.
Speaker 1: Compromises bartering situation.
Speaker 4: So I don't really know how that conversation went because I wasn't in the room. So but when I got the news, I was like wow. Like honestly, I was like, I didn't know how I was going to go because I'm like, I've never seen, at least from my preference or at least from my view, a player, you know, get exked for a pay cut and then you know, usually more than like you get released or something like that, or you know what I'm saying, you say the pic or is like you're gone. So I didn't really understand how it was going to happen. So I was kind of preparing my mind for every different scenario. And I just felt that for me personally, like it's no point of trying to jump on on the podcast or jumping on this because.
Speaker 7: You may be still a little emotional right now.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, you gotta let this thing kind of you know, discussed with your family kind of really process everything from every angle before you you know, go talking about it and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So especially publicly. Yeah, you get out there publicly.
Speaker 7: Bro, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It was It was weird for sure, But like I said, I kind of understand him, Like you said, I mean Rand, I've had conversation with Ran, but like never really been around Ran like that, you know what I'm saying, Like he don't really Obviously he knows me because obviously he's watched he's a general manager, like he watched tape, you watch football and stuff like that. But when you get to be around a guy because he may be coming from a situation where it's like, you know, obviously John was the general manager who paid me and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: So it's like, you know, how every.
Speaker 4: Position in this league is I won't say it's different, but it's classified differently, Like left tackle is a premium position, quarterback is a premium position. Safety might not be as premium as a left tackle, you know what I'm saying. So it's like this guy's happened is super high playing a non premium position or whatever. We got to find a way to get this down. So I kind of respect it from that point on a business out of it, Like I get it, you know what I'm saying, Like he might not understand why guy like John Robinson gave me the contract that he did or wanted me to restructure a man of times because who I am, not just as a player, but as a person as well in the community, in the locker room and things like that.
Speaker 7: So I said, I think Ram's a good guy.
Speaker 4: He's cool man, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't have any ill feelings towards the whole situation.
Speaker 7: It is kind of it is what it is, you know what I'm saying, kind of.
Speaker 1: Just you've had process of emotions.
Speaker 7: It is, it is, bro It's like you kind of just take it for what it is.
Speaker 4: And you know obviously you know, they asked to take a piccut and I said, no, you know what I'm saying, It was just and that was not just an emotional because I think people kind of.
Speaker 7: You know, people on social.
Speaker 4: Media be cooking like yeah, kV, well no, you know, no, I had none of It's all business stuff, you know what I'm saying. So I didn't like how it obviously leaked out here in the media that I asked to be released because it was BS. I was like, what, because you know what I'm saying, it's kind of painting a bad narrative, just saying that I'm just disgruntal. I don't want to be here, no more emotional he's making moves, My guys, I don't want to be here nowhere, because that's not you know, it's furred from the truth. So that one thing I didn't like. But other than that, man, it's just business man. We just that's what happens too.
Speaker 3: I mean, any type of that team national news, it usually gets leaked and then it usually gets misconstrued as like the players usually upset about a lot of stuff. Yeah, because even even you come into a mini camp, I saw that there's you know, articles written about like the reasoning of you not being at OTAs full contract kind of I don't think you're even at last year, were you?
Speaker 6: So I did.
Speaker 4: I was at OTS, but you know, a couple of days, a couple of weeks, you know, I wasn't there. The family vacations and stuff like that. But and that's another thing too, like and I think, like you said, this is being an older player kind of understanding.
Speaker 1: And I've had a conversation. I remember we had conversations even that year.
Speaker 4: It was like, Bro, like when you're reporting, you know what I'm saying, because as an older player, you understand the game that but you got to be in shape. Y're around like this is not a thing where because when I was a young player, this hoigh, this is how I operated. It was like, Okay, report dates, probably you know, April seventeenth. I'm probably gonna start working out, maybe you know, late February. Like I'm gonna give myself probably a month to really get ramp up. And then once we start, yeah, you ain't really gonna be doing too much anyway. So it's like I'm gonna have two, two or three months to really start working out. But me now, like Bro, I was working out. Bro, I ain't gonna lie like the day after the Super Bowl, like, and I'm not just going crazy working out, but like I'm doing peloton. I'm cycling started getting back into shit kind of you know, working my way into it. And I've had thoughts about this for the past couple of years was like being in the same team, being with Verbel, Like me and Verber could be in the meeting room coaching the team right now and I kind of already know what he's gonna say, but he's asking a question.
Speaker 7: You know, he's kind of hey, asking the rookie.
Speaker 1: This is this.
Speaker 4: I can already answer the question. Ben Jones would be the same way, And it's like I had already kind of in my mind. Was like the way I've been ramping up my training and how hard I trained. You can ask anybody's ever training me know how hard I go.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 4: You already ramped up. You're working out since mid February, already up to April. Why taper it back? Why don't you keep going? I mean, I'm already in me ands, I'm doing zoons with which coach books savety coaches kind of in tune with what's going on. So I wanted to be able to keep going and keep pushing this thing, keep pushing the limits of my training instead of just going back. They really had nothing to do with the whole contract stuff, because I'd have had these conversations with myself January, like bron probably gonna just like train on my own as much as I can, obviously being in tune what's going on. But you know, I'm five years in with the same defensive coordinator. That's the biggest thing you just said, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, the the defense is the same, And I get, you know, the whole showing the young guys how to work and stuff of that. But I bring the young guys with me, like Roger trained with me before he even reported, like I I'm the one who he organized them. I get these guys, right, you know what I'm saying. They come to me like you know what I'm saying. So yeah, I mean, like I said, but as an older player, you really understand like this is a business, Like it's a business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think I think you like what you're speaking to as well, like any any player or any pro athlete that like that understands like how to taper their training and it's really just bought all in from the get go. Like there are guys who fucking go and live the life and then they almost need to get back and do a little bit shit.
Speaker 1: That's why coaches and the team want them to come back game, you get a pulse on them.
Speaker 3: You're not a guy that any any coach ever worries about, right, So you even known that yourself. Like when you have the right people around you and the right training staff and everything else, and you know where you like to work out, you know what you do. You could periodize all your training and ramp up the intensity at a different month, versus like, hey, I need to be ready and in shape because they're gonna fucking hit us with you know, ten gassers or something on day one of OTA's when you don't need to be doing that OTAs. However, on the team side, they want to know who might be in shape and who might not be in shape. But the guys are worth who are worth the shit they already know in their head, like, man, why why am I here doing stuff like this? This doesn't need to be happening for me in my training until later in the year. But then you also battle the being there around the team, the whole leadership and everything else.
Speaker 4: But like I said, I just think from at least from my perspective, you know, like you said, when you're looking at the whole training, it's really about trust, you know what I'm saying, like I think verbel in the coaching staff understands that this guy take care of his body.
Speaker 1: Like I haven't missed the game my entire career. Are you mess with the saunas You're always in that damn cole tub And that's just in.
Speaker 4: The building, Like, yeah, you go home this building from bodywork tochi practice, you know a lot of different stuff, and we can get in that too, But you know, I feel like they trust to know that this guy's not gonna come in out of shape.
Speaker 1: He's not a guy that we ever really had to worry about his weight.
Speaker 4: He's not a guy we have to worry about when we're running gas in the practice, like he's out of shave, we got to run him some more.
Speaker 7: Like I'm not the type of person.
Speaker 4: So my my and this is the business side of it, is like my job is to be the best safety for the Tennessee Titans, point blank period. The plus is is he's a great leader. He's a great community leader. Like those are all things who make me who I am. But from my contract and and all that stuff, is like to be the best player that you can possibly be for this team at all times as long as you're on this team. And that's why that's that's that's how I train, That's how I prepare myself. Is like I'm gonna try to be the best player that I can possibly be in I know how to do that. Like that's what I've been you know, That's what I've been doing. It's the reason why I'm as consistent as I am because my routine in the off season, my routine during the season is what it is. So and I think that they trust that I know what I'm doing when it comes to training and all that stuff. The words though, obviously this guy is gonna come in great shape and he's not gonna miss it be he's gonna know what's going on with the defense. He's gonna come in and communicate and all that good stuff. So I think if they didn't trust me in that aspect, then maybe they would have had more of an issue.
Speaker 7: If obviously it's all volunteer.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that, but it might have been a different conversation, you know what I'm saying, right.
Speaker 1: Especially since you're such a proven that anyway. I mean against seven years, same.
Speaker 2: Team, community, all that stuff, five years with you know, same terminal and everything else. Yeah, man, there's not a whole lot of a reason for you to be at OTAs from let's take a leadership perspective.
Speaker 4: And honestly, like even I think, like OTAs and Verbele would tell you, like OTA is about learning. It's about especially if you're a new guy coming on the team from another team, learning like the verbiage, speaking the same language. And also just for young rookies, that's just getting to the league. Like it's about learning the defense. Like nobody's winning the job in OTAs. Like as much as people want to put articles out there, what's the position battles, Like, there's no position battles going on OTAs. It's about learning. And obviously, guys and you still getting this because it's a nine week program. Guys are still getting back into shape, trying to get in the best shape. But then, you know, we always talk and coach I always talk about those five or six weeks that you're away during the summertime. It's like it's not a time to chill on vacation time. It's time to continue to ramp up. But yeah, I think, gods, just you know, it's about learning, and so I think that. It's also a plus that some of these younger guys are able to go up there and get the reps that I probably would have been taken if I was there, right what I'm saying, because.
Speaker 1: They're getting more hands on work.
Speaker 4: I mean, we know, like the best teams are teams that have depth, Like you can have a good starter, but if a god goes down, obviously nobody wants to go down. But you know, especially for safeties, you know what I'm saying, you need two or three safeties. Like last year, I think that there was probably obviously Hooker, I think he missed like eight games, So you missed a few games last year. But bro I had like four different safeties play with me, you know what I'm saying. But if they wasn't able to get those reps and things like that, I mean, it's just it's challenging. So you kind of understand, like for a guy that was playing nickel this week and now he's playing safety this week, or a guy we just signed during training camp, or a guy that doesn't really have a lot of practice reps throughout the week or throughout the season, and then when we two or three guys go down, now he's the starter, and he's like, AKB, like, hey talk to me out.
Speaker 1: Here now, you know, yeah, I understand that. It's like, yeah, it's hard, bro.
Speaker 4: Like, So I think during this time it's really good for some of these younger guys to be able to go in get these reps because you know, you you also have players, and it goes for position where like gods are super sharp in the meeting room, guy spitting back to what the coach is saying, and everything that you get out in the field is like you put the classroom onto the four different games.
Speaker 1: It's faster, you know.
Speaker 4: And then I mean you talk about from practice and you go from preseason, it's a little bit faster than the regular season is way faster.
Speaker 7: So I just think it's always good for those guys to get those reps.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Preseason is the biggest form of trickery when you were first, when you first get in the league, because you playing preseason, like if you're playing the third fourth quarter, like, let's really ain't that much.
Speaker 7: Different from you're thinking it's sweet.
Speaker 2: You think out here in the week one hits and you're like, holy fuck, bullets are lying.
Speaker 4: I remember our rookie preseas. I had a really good rookie preseas. I caught two picks in the preseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My first game at Nissan, caught a pick almost picked six, like juking people and all I'm like, bruh sweet out here, like yeah, yeah, you know what, I'm him. And then our first game, uh, we played the Vikings.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 7: My first tackle was against ap really static, bro. But then, like you you.
Speaker 4: Realize, Like then I think like the next game, I don't remember, I might have been Raiders or something like that, and I remember I was coming down fitting the hole or whatever. Pause, but uh, I was pulling and it was a it might have been as similar, uh bro, and I'm trying to fit them up. God literally tossed me probably about three yards and I was like, oh.
Speaker 7: Ship, yeah, like this is the league. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It just like it's a little different because, like you said, you think preseason it's like damn, like it's sweet out here, like, but you don't realize like all these other guys they're fighting for spots and stuff like that too.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you get with those twos and threes, it's more of a blunt bat.
Speaker 7: It's like, bro, I'm out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not here making plays right, I mean my head like you know, but the nerves are up, like you're just on high alert the entire time, boltter flying the entire when you play one in.
Speaker 1: The solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, feeling yourself, you got shoes on, everyone's everyone's way more joking and all that. That's the only positive I play practicing it's another team because you know, like those starters really aren't like, hey, we're gonna getrough these two days exactly for the game. We get to literally watch a football game on the sidelines and hang out. Literally, one's chirping, having a great time. You're gonna try to get a hot dog in the locker room during halftime, like I don't know, I'm trying to figure out where it's at.
Speaker 1: Not for real.
Speaker 4: It was funny because I remember even Brave was first year or two, like, I think we went against the Patriots one year.
Speaker 1: And hey, that was when Tom Tom was there in the red zone. That was about Tom and the redsum went I think seven for seven, seven killing the first.
Speaker 4: Day talking about we was going like some red tune. Yeah, and he was literally just looking off everybody like, oh, it's covered too easy. Took this way touchdown.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was funny.
Speaker 2: You would go defense was up and then we would go so then we're like we'd get to watch. I was watching like man, Tom's still him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was incredible.
Speaker 4: It's very obviously, you know, that's one thing about Predican nut seen like the first day, like gods are going hardy, most of are flying stuff like that, and then you know, then the next day go out there and it's like, oh, y'all got the day off. You know a lot of veterans just like whole starting defense, we're still out here practicing.
Speaker 1: Last year.
Speaker 2: Dudes, they all like the first day they did it, it was a bloodbath out there. The next day it's like, you know, who am I going against here? And then all those dudes are being shoes.
Speaker 1: And now broke out it in their praying Jeff and Fournette and you kind of wish that would have happened, like Indy.
Speaker 4: See, it's funny because I've learned when I was a younger player, I just tried to jump into stuff or like try to be the one to break just chill, chill, Like then you kind of learned, like bro just let him have it, like it just kind of back up, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gonna fly in there anyway. But he did.
Speaker 3: Well, you know he was he was because that was part of the skit too, like he was like holding Jeff back and talking to him and trying to calm him down.
Speaker 7: Somebody got punched out, It was funny.
Speaker 1: That is wild. Did you get punched?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 1: It was a Fournette right, because Fournette was was talking about it on the bus. Yeah, but who do you get punched by? I think he did say he got hit. I just can't remember who you got hit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but that was funny about that, Like coach t Or it was like some coaches like kind of went down down like randomly.
Speaker 7: It was hilarious, bro Like, yeah, it was training.
Speaker 2: We were talking about in the last podcast how those practice against other teams are like the biggest blood back that's harder than any game.
Speaker 4: No, they are for and the second day is always the day where like people really get the fightings. The first day, you know, the coach they bring you up, We're gonna have a good, clean practice and stuff like that, so it's the opposite coach. But then the second day it's usually like that big special team's day. Yeah, like the best time is to punt because you got you got the gunners on the outside. Everybody's chirping them up like oh we gotta go go one in front of everybody. It's lit and they're obviously you know, guys were tired, you know what I'm saying. Like when we uh the year before, it was funny we played we actually practiced against Tampa two years ago.
Speaker 1: Not our office was there.
Speaker 4: Everybody was like either hurt, like literally, we didn't have anybody like it was Tannehill and it might have been one starting office, a lineman and we had a couple of receivers, like the whole office.
Speaker 1: A linement was like he's just like kind to stay back. Was rehabbing. We had a guy fly in into Tampa like he was he got cut. They're like, hey, you're back on the team. Brought the man. He practiced the two days, did the did the preseason game, and then they cut him the next day.
Speaker 7: We actually we actually go to Minnesota.
Speaker 4: We go to Minnesota this year and I would say I love practicing against other teams at home going there's a different ball game because you know, you kind of training campus one of those deals where you know, have the practice, your family get to run up and all that.
Speaker 7: You kind of enjoy that stuff.
Speaker 4: When you're going somewhere you're in the hotel, you don't have the luxury of like, oh I can get in the hot tub and you got you know, you kind of you got the comforts in the weight room, bro. Like you literally just it kind of reminds you back like high school or college or whatever. It's like, bring your bus, you bring your paths on the bus. You get on there, You're sitting there for how long it takes you to get there, and you get off the bus.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, it's.
Speaker 4: Trying to start warming up because you know it's the older player.
Speaker 1: It's like I need a hot tub.
Speaker 4: I need you need it all you do something, you know what I'm saying. And so obviously, and then Tampa was extremely hot. So we get down there and we practicing and I don't this is like it went viral at the time, but like they were doing one on us with AB was still on Tampa, and I got Chris Jackson, a cornerback on the team, Like dudes, get the fighting all cause I'm over covering with the tight ends and everything, and then like I'm not even understanding what even happened until after we're in the meeting room and like you know, God's kind of on breaking on their phone and I just see this picture of like AB punching on our DB's in the face, and he did, I ain't gonna lie, but it was I think this is right. So it was like it was this, It was this picture and then like literally it was funny because it was like a meme. It was like one picture was that one, and then the next picture was him connecting in his face and the God was like this toughlook, and I was like, bro, that's a tough look, bro. But then I'm kind of getting on the DB's like, bro, where was y'all at? Like it's like something, but this is training camp, bro, Like it's supposed to be a whole team out brawl like on some baseball stuff, Like everybodys supposed to run up and start brawling, like nobody knew what. Obviously, Ab got thrown out of practice and everything, but like and then he it was funny because he I thrown a practicing out of nowhere, Like during the team here reappeared back out there running up.
Speaker 7: It was different real beard, literally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it was. It was crazy.
Speaker 2: That's so nuts. Man, Do you guys get to go to Minnesota? You going to Minnesota is so much better than go to Tampa.
Speaker 7: It has to be.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's gonna be so much nicer.
Speaker 7: It was so hot.
Speaker 4: Minnesota because I remember Tom Brady obviously he was the quarterback at the time, and I remember we was doing like it was like in between the spast teams period, you know, we're over just on the sideline kind of talking to the dB coach, and I remember Tom was coming out of the bubble like he's out there in the a C is chilling obviously with the court air in the bubble. And then so it's about the time to be seven on seven, Like he's coming out of the bubble. I was going, the man right there, the man, that is the there's guy.
Speaker 1: I said, he.
Speaker 7: Yes, So this guy's the man.
Speaker 1: Is there anybody else.
Speaker 2: You've ever seen besides Tom Brady that you've been like, holy fuck, that's so and so uh like on like playing you know, like practicing, yeah, practicing, playing whoever, but like you feel like, oh, that's so that's that's legit.
Speaker 4: Trell sucks Holy ship. That's actually Tom Brady. I mean nobody definitely nobody's biggest Tom. For sure, Tom's the biggest of all time. But like I'm like, I've met like a like for example, this was two years ago, and this is when the super Bowl was in l A. And I was out there for a couple of days and you know, athletes Furst my agency and they had like this little mixer deal. It's kind of just hanging out and talking to Reggie Wayne and I was having a conversation and then like Reggie was like.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm just sat here talking to like and he was like, yeah, you know, like D and P's to tell me a lot about you, like really you know, respect your game.
Speaker 7: And I'm just just like Bro were.
Speaker 1: Talking as fucking do as cool as fuck. Bro's hard not to really fan boy. Yeah. I was just like, you know, yeah, I appreciate it. You know, love Bro much love you.
Speaker 2: Give him flowers? You're giving flowers to hey man, I'm a big fan. Or did you leave it alone?
Speaker 1: But I didn't want to cool because you know, you kind of get a situation.
Speaker 4: We probably gets this all the time, So I kind of want to separate myself from the regular.
Speaker 3: Like like I feel like even even the players, even like Ed Reed, like you know, he probably watches your game.
Speaker 1: You're good, Like, oh, I'm fucking he's not.
Speaker 3: He might not be thinking I'm talking to Kevin Byern buddy sitting there building like a real when you when you get miss Flowers, he's probably.
Speaker 1: Like for sure.
Speaker 4: And like I said, dp's was uh was our defense coordinator for two or three years, and uh ext always showed me every highlights and just what they used to do as a defense and like I's been trying to do my disguises like every like this is what he's doing on this play right here. Yeah, let me go ahead and put this in my my memory. Was fucking nasty, nasty. He was the truth bro and obviously a fan boy over a trop poblem all though I met my second this might have been my second year.
Speaker 7: It was like a Thursday memory played the Thursday night game.
Speaker 4: We had the Smurf jerseys and yeah ab like past oh yeah yeah, like that night in the meeting room, like uh, Dick Labo brought in like Casey Hampton and some of the old Steelers, and he brought Troy and you know what I'm saying. That was like Troy and everyone was like, and Brian Doggon is like my favorite sages of all time, and like.
Speaker 2: I know you've worn out the YouTube video weapon acts of Brian Dawkins.
Speaker 1: Of course. You know what's funny, bro, that funny thing. You just brought that up, Jack, So listen one of the best.
Speaker 4: I was a quarterback in high school, right, I never forget the first day my coach was like, hey, like, cause I was running track, I was getting faster, you know what I'm saying. He was like, I think you look really good on them hashes, you know what I'm saying. I was like, man, safety, you know what I'm saying. Like, it's not something I thought about it. I was like, of course, you know, anything for the team, anything for the team a line, bro, first videos I ever played, like when I start getting sided about playing safety.
Speaker 1: Was this video right here on YouTube. Brop in next.
Speaker 3: That's that's one of the best ones of all time, like the little Symphony song in the background.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, this guy's a fucking lunatic. No no, no, no, no, no, no, I got the point.
Speaker 4: I used to play this. I used to play that song. This is like the little Symphony song on my iPad. You know everybody's had a iPod.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm saying, beating out of your dog give it to me watching that fucking YouTube video. Bro, same bro, But now I'm older, now I realized that.
Speaker 7: But this guy was on.
Speaker 1: I ain't saying that he was on some crazy because he was all lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Why like coke the most it takes free workout you probably can take.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 7: That's what you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, hey, like, be done, Calm the fuck?
Speaker 2: Do you know?
Speaker 1: You know they were ducing there like he's too much? Do you feel I was so.
Speaker 4: Hypen Heights watching this, but even just thinking about it, like, bro, this guy was crawling out of the tunnel. Yeah, thinking about it, Taylor, you know how we are. You know you're doing your pregame, the introductions. Yeah, and god a kind of staying out there, Taylor Lawn.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, man, some guys don't even get the dap. You know what I'm saying, your hand out there, But to see a dude just like just imagine the smoke comes out into God just starts to crawl and just start doing it.
Speaker 4: God's probably be like, yo, what he goes Wolverine, like, bro, what's going on right now? Towards the end, it had to be dope, But what the first time he did it? Could you imagine the first time he like came out and crawled like, Bro, like the fuck is he doing out there?
Speaker 1: Like doing out there? Dude? Whatever you just took? Yeah, give me somebody.
Speaker 2: You see the interview of Spikes talking about him, be talking about I want to see how bad they want to play today, bike, I want to see how bad hits over the morning hits over like the on the sideline, it was like God, almighty, hallelujah.
Speaker 1: He's like, what is this man on? He didn't cuss like he's like he said gods like he never cussed, but but there I feel like that he was. You don't curse.
Speaker 2: If you don't curse, you can't be saying things like frick like Bernard Pollard would say things like freaking.
Speaker 4: Shoot dB coach like, bro, the same thing. Yeah, I say something cooler than that, I know, but he did the dog on chest thing is is badass, b He would be crazy like the energy likes. It's not sustainable, no doubt not sustainable.
Speaker 1: He was one of the best man different playing in Philly too, with that lunatic fan base, and he had the dark visor. The dark visor goes crazy. Yeah, bro, he was built like that was the truth.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: That's what you that you get there when you are like a shorter dude, you have the ability to have like you look a little more stacked.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know. And he got that thick neck yeah halls just but no, I mean gas neck. No son to Kao spikes Spikes for real had that. Yeah. Yeah, he laid him out. He had to be like two fitty algie crumbs, just nuts. Yeah. He was a different type of cat besides the Titans.
Speaker 2: When you're looking at fan bases, like what's the fan base, You're like, man, I like that'd be sick to get behind.
Speaker 4: So it's funny, man, when I was coming out, like I grew up a Steelers fan, Like, it's funny I was.
Speaker 7: Philadelphia but grew up Stellers fan. Like my family didn't like that.
Speaker 4: But I remember being at the Singer Bowl and like, Stiller's like one of the one of the only teams that like just didn't meet with me. Like I was kind of hurt by damn. Like I love Mike Tomlin and I obviously got a lot of respect for me. Know we've had conversations now, but at this time, I was like, bro, like, no, they need a safety, you know what I'm saying. And it's funny because they actually drafted to safe in the second round, like a couple of picks before me. I was like, damn, the safe that they drafted was the guy who started next to me in the Singer Bowl.
Speaker 7: No, yes, bro, it's hilarious.
Speaker 1: So you know, I mean, like Pittsburgh, obviously, were you better than him?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not gonna say that, but I mean I'm still in the league, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's no, there's no shade, no shade.
Speaker 4: It's just you know, I'm sure if they can, if they can redo it, yeah, they might reconsider it. But uh but no, Like obviously, like you said, Phillies fan base is intense. I remember we played a preseason game there. I think was very boars our first second year. The preseason game, yeah, three fights broke out.
Speaker 1: In the stands. And then obviously this year we're like the fans was cussing out the owners and like that.
Speaker 7: This stuff is real bro. Like that game with a J that had to be.
Speaker 1: Especially at all. Did he get you?
Speaker 7: No, I was on the once.
Speaker 4: It was like a play where like we sit in the corner blitz and I was like supposed to be like a tight one third.
Speaker 1: I was supposed to pretty much be a third player.
Speaker 4: But when you're watching the fimbal playing a man, the man from like ten yards off or whatever, he like broke a slat. But I didn't really cover him at all, like other than that one play. But it was very tough because it was like obviously he was destroying this at the same time like being a friend of him, yeah, kind of happy for him.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Yeah, like just a little bit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like like well, like you know, we let him go to the Eagles like this, like what what do Wedde?
Speaker 1: You had to know going into that wing, like this man's probably gonna try to go off on I mean everyone AJ is like they had that circle before the season.
Speaker 2: That's probably his first question the gym once he got Traders, like do we play the Titans this year?
Speaker 7: Going to the goal post, whooping the gold post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it was man.
Speaker 2: I was like, hey, when he caught that touchdown and they called it back and then then the next play that ship was nuts.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I mean it sucks because like we're sitting here and you got to realibus a little.
Speaker 7: Bit, but like, nah, it's definitely suck.
Speaker 2: You gotta be like you said, you gotta kind of be happy for him that slamp.
Speaker 7: Yeah it was a slam, but he was like in a cover three.
Speaker 2: But you know see that's the kind of shit that PFF would look at and be like, minus KB, he should been playing out more man the man, Like.
Speaker 3: You know, pffa kb's the top three safety courting No I saw the notes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: So it's funny because I actually had an interview at PFF and I told him.
Speaker 7: I was like, you know, when it works.
Speaker 4: Out good and like, PFF of grade and you high retweet me the best safety in the leap?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but were your greatest terrible?
Speaker 7: It was like, right, I don't know what they talking about.
Speaker 1: Like we had a whole fight with them during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: We ileg just almost like you guys don't know what the fuck you're talking about No, they're like maybe ten fifteen plays, we don't know, Like that's a gray area. It's like, bro, ten fifteen plays if you like the player and you give them a plus like grade now in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: And that's another thing I just think, like when you're grading the safety, like for example, you're giving a safety a cover grade, coverage grade or whatever it may be, like, oh, this statey was targeted this many times, and it's like were those man and man targets right? Or was this guy in zone and no office to a lineban Like the linebacker didn't get no depth on his play rights in the honey hoole.
Speaker 1: But you were the closest look But you were the closest guy. Yeah, you was a deep you.
Speaker 4: May have been a deep middle safety, but you had a good break in the line band and you know dead they put it right in the honey hole and you made the tackle or that's your target, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, how are you great in that?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, but hey, top three staty going to be at Congratulations that's big.
Speaker 7: No, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That's big. I appreciate. We will clip this and post that too, like top three.
Speaker 2: I mean, you gotta feel a little bit slighted because you're you're you're a good ball player. No, No, there's been see a couple of Pro Bowls here and there, a couple of All Pro situations.
Speaker 1: It's like fan basis. Yeah, we know that.
Speaker 4: I think anybody would test to if I played for the Cowboys or the Steelers or maybe the Chiefs or something like that.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't just be or Eagles, whatever it may be. Like, it wouldn't be just all always guys.
Speaker 4: A really good safety like I would have multiple All pros, multiple Pro Bowls. Because it was my second year in the league, first Pro Pro Bowl, led the league and picks.
Speaker 7: Came back the next year and had four picks, two sacks.
Speaker 4: I balled out again the next year, and usually once you get in the first time, he used to kind of just rolls in off of respect. Yeah, that same year, I think one of my favorite safeties, Eric Weddle, got in. I think I think he got in that year. He was old then, and I think he may have had like one pick that year or something like that. It was some weird, you know what I'm saying something like it was like and then after twenty nineteen where I had five picks, that year balled out again, like I'm tomorrow we're putting consistent numbers together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I didn't get in. I was like, Bro, I don't even care no more.
Speaker 1: Like really, yeah, I got hurt. You had to hurt so bad. You're like, I can't emotional about this yet. It was just one of those things, just bro, Like, I mean, how many probos you got? I got too, got too.
Speaker 4: But every time I went to the Pro Bo, I was a first team All Pro, you know what I'm saying, Like, which is so weird, but I'm saying I had to get to that top top, like first team All Pro to get that Pro Bowl vote. Yeah, And I just kind of understand it, like it is what it is. Like, we know Nashville doesn't have the biggest market when to come to football, and I.
Speaker 1: Think it's the smallest media market it is.
Speaker 4: It's like I know, for example, I remember when we first got when I first got Dreadgon likeed they told you like we're like bottom three, bottom five ors. It probably went up a little bit more since then, but it's still not at the top, you know what I'm saying. So you almost have to really go like crazy for like the fans and everybody to really pay attention because and let's even talk about pro bo voting. You know, as players, we voting in the pro bos. Now they do a mobile when you're do on your phone. So for me personally, I stay in tune with what's going on around the league as far as other states how they're balling. But I have some guys on my team be like, so, who's balling this year in safety? Like I don't I know this guy?
Speaker 1: I know that guy.
Speaker 4: Right, you're in the rooms, vote based upon guys that you know.
Speaker 2: And this the last ten minutes of a position meeting before you go out to practice, so you have to get it done. You're looking at stats, say hey, who's who's doing well and doing what?
Speaker 7: They don't do it no more.
Speaker 4: It used to be where like said, they bring that piece of paper in with the stats and everything. No, now it was just it's a battle on your phone. And they have two guys from each team, don't they stats on there? It just be vote for this guy, vote for that guy. And so you are literally go down the list. For example, I don't really know like guard play as much as I know what's in the back end. Like when I watch film, I know, for some defensive linement, they only watched the end zone copy. I had to watch the wide CAPPIs, I had to see the coverage the past concept and started.
Speaker 7: So I don't really know.
Speaker 4: Like when I go down the list and I vote for pro bow guards, I don't even know why they got DB's voting for guards and it was a line plague. It's just like I know this guy, and I know that guy's nice. It's like bru, like vote for your first choice, to first choice, two second choice, for the two second choices. Like I'm probably gonna pick the guys that I know. Zach Martin, Yeah, probably he's probably obviously he's a Hall of Fame player. But it might be another guy's more deserving this year. But I may not really be in tune with like, oh, this guy's really balling, but a defensive line might be like, hey, this guy's balling.
Speaker 7: But I'm in the sign of doing this, you know, just over with you know what I'm saying, Vote for this guy, vote for that guy.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So in the top one hunters similar too, because you literally go into the kitchen and they're like, hey, fill out the sheet, maybe like ten dudes, twenty.
Speaker 1: Right, you feel at the top twenty and then.
Speaker 4: To And I don't even know how this, like how they come up with this list because I've never voted. There's never like a league wide thing that comes out of both of your top one hundred players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because remember it's always like the Hindu as sheets sheets.
Speaker 4: To be sitting in a cafeteria. Top twenty guys. I'm like, if a guy felt like feeling out, they'll do it. But like nobody really paid paid any mind. Yeah, so like who's really the person that's really voting for this?
Speaker 2: And you could usually tell who actually did vote because whoever they put number one, it's usually the person that was voting. Yeah exactly, like you know, Derek Hey, Derek Henry. And then what are all the elements that go into the Pro Bowl voting?
Speaker 1: Media?
Speaker 2: A third media, third coaching of third players? But I think that I don't think the media includes fans.
Speaker 4: I go, yeah, yeah, it's actually not even it's fans one third fans one third coaches and one third players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I got a conspiracy theory that the fan vote is just strictly for interactions and on the internet, because I don't think I all Pro Bowls I ever made, never once was in the top ten of voting.
Speaker 1: For AFC for AFC tackles. For sure, I believe that, Yeah, I do. I think that's all I like, how KB just yeah, I believe that for sure, because I.
Speaker 4: Mean, at the end of the day, I think that you know, and then also you know, like it depends on like who team has the best.
Speaker 1: Record, Like records are a big deal. We beat the.
Speaker 7: Ravens in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: They had like thirteen guys in the Pro Bowl, right, and it's like the first for a fact, because I was right, right, I'm looking at the guys, I'm like, you.
Speaker 7: Got a guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But you know, it's kind of what it is, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Your rookie year was our first nine and seven after those two abysmal years, and that's when we had like ten dudes in like I think Rack Drell Delaney was in there.
Speaker 1: I made it. Marcol Murray made it, her made it like we had like seven eight dudes with media.
Speaker 4: Markett was there. Yeah, that was That's hilarious. Yeah with that boy man, but yeah, I mean it's it was weird. Bro, Like, do you remember BT.
Speaker 2: Coming thinking I was actually gay when he came to the Titans. No, you don't remember that. So we were he was with the Raiders the year before, and I remember saying like we were on field goal and I said to him like, hey, man, if you didn't have that face mess, I would literally I kiss you.
Speaker 1: You're so cute, you're this that.
Speaker 2: And BT goes up to Ben Jones when he first gets to the Titans like it was like OTAs.
Speaker 1: He's like, hey, what's the deal with seventy seven?
Speaker 6: Is he?
Speaker 1: Like for real?
Speaker 2: And Ben's like, oh, yeah, he's gay, but like it's not out, like we just kind of care to ourselves.
Speaker 1: So we're around here.
Speaker 2: So I wrote him a note. I was like, hey, can't wait to get to know you. So cute bah bah bah oh my big hugs. Tind of kiss this type of thing, and I put.
Speaker 1: In his locker and Bro, he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Took three four months to even get Yeah, it took us a couple months to even get back to neutral.
Speaker 1: But we could even become friends. He was hilarious.
Speaker 4: BT was like our third safety and it was funny. I remember we'll being doing defense. You know, obviously got offensive and defense whatever, and so wow the defense up. BT would literally be riding a bike on the side like I'm not getting in. What do you mean like just riding the bike Like, yeah, I just here to play special teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a knew his knew his role. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Him and dB yeah, baits the same ways. Is the ultimate hype man. Bates and David Questenberry were the two best hype man on the sidelines.
Speaker 4: Or one like a guy like Base is a guy that you need on your team just for that aspect of a guy that just don't give down by anything.
Speaker 1: Right in that energy on the sideline, he's literally running up and this happening. He's fucking doing his whole thing like he's ready.
Speaker 4: He might ever played any really good team, you always have just this one guy on the team that just literally just doesn't give a fun by anything.
Speaker 1: Doesn't give a fuck about anybody. You need that, Yes, but when Tom's get roped to the ref bro to the reft, hey hey, fucking getting what are you doing.
Speaker 4: He's in the media. Yeah, he'd be in there like Paul being there. He hated Paul, like, hey, hey, he tried to fight Paul one time in the locker room. I literally had to be like hey, uh it was after a game. It was like a Monday or Tuesday had to be like twenty nineteen. Is because Bates like was in his face Ian to come up to bats. Hey, it's not that serious, Like he let him be the villain.
Speaker 3: It's all good going toes two after the game, after a game on the weekend. So I think it carried over and linked into the week Yeah, because he did.
Speaker 4: He literally just blast the loudest, most vulgar music when the media comes in on purpose to word the media had like, hey, man, you tell this guy to cut the music down if we can't hear anything like.
Speaker 1: Get the as Yeah, it was. We would do the same thing in the on line corner.
Speaker 2: We would play like loud, like scream of music or like some weird Adam Sandler parody music or something like that.
Speaker 1: That was just a fun time though. He's the locker room guy.
Speaker 7: He's the locker room guy definitely, all time.
Speaker 4: All because I like, you don't meet a lot of guys, especially in the NFL, that aren't like at least try to tote the line between being politically correct, like he just doesn't care, does not care. I probably respect him more of an He's probably the most authentic I've ever met because he just authentically one hundred percent him. Yeah, it doesn't matter, like matter, what doesn't matter if he's in front of vailable, Like if he was around the President of the United States, he would be exactly. I don't think he would change up who he is at all. Right, Like he like Henny the Jannet, like Bates, bro, like can't do nothing, respect it, loves Kevin Gates loves.
Speaker 7: Because Gates been Gates been tripping.
Speaker 1: What's he been doing, bro, He's just horny, but always knowing these horny No no, no, no, no, he's been tripping. Like he Kevin Gates was fat, right and then he got real skinny? Yeah no, no, I think you got skinny though he got skinny.
Speaker 2: He's like talking about meditation now and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: He's like a lightening Like, yeah, he's like an lightning cat. Always been about horniness, No, bro, he's always been around video on instad I don't know if y'all can pull this.
Speaker 4: He put a video on Instagram probably a couple of weeks ago, was like talking about he was about to take like a break off social media, and like, bro, I don't even want to it's so it's funny as ship. But he was like that, you know, I'm about to give my assistant to handle on my social media. But do me two favors. Find me that one person I told on and find that one person they sucked my.
Speaker 7: Dick or some shit like that. Bro, he did it.
Speaker 4: Yall can find his video, Bro, please find it, dog listen because I didn't even do it any justice, bro, because.
Speaker 1: You're the video. Kevin Gates, not Darren Bates, not a Kevin Gates. I thought you said something else said someone who suck my deck. Yeah that's what I thought you said. That was worse. Oh yeah, you know. I mean, I don't know it's worse, but it's pretty bad as far as.
Speaker 2: Being horny, Like that's probably the If we're talking about levels of horny, that's the horniest level.
Speaker 1: Hey, that is a lie. Did anybody find him? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, Yeah, I wonder what Darren's stances on this. Now, that's what I'm curious. Ugh, I bet you Daran's even more into it. Yeah, yeah, boys, we are back. Georgia Boots shout out. Georgia Boot, no free shoutouts. Designed for the longest shift in the toughest job.
Speaker 3: The core of Georgia's messaging relies on delivering boots that are as comfortable as they are tough. Boots that you can wear from work to the bar. Blue collar comfort right out of the box, whether you're working on the front line, fixing that shelf in your closet, grilling out back. These Georgia's are the best boot for the job Georgia boot Uh. They're designed for rugged, demanding work environments that are built to last, making them ideal for workers in various industries. Georgia Boots are designed with comfort in mind, featuring cushion insoles and supportive technology for all day comfort. Use code busting for twenty percent off at georgiaboots dot com Again code busting bus s I n at georgiaboots dot com.
Speaker 1: Back to the episode and see how you feel about this man. Darren came out saying, of all the podcasts, Sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: He beat the fuck out of everybody scene. That's he goes, he goes, deals got that knee. I go up to that knee immediately. That was funny as fuck. But listen baits two on two versus Yeah, it's it's it's over three. Yeah, he's kind of he's got that Dawkins build.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's got them limbs.
Speaker 2: I you know, i'd have to put the bully on him where I put grab his forehead and he tried to be swinging.
Speaker 1: I don't have to do that to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dB, he'll he'll we'll have to we'd have to end dB like he'll be he'll fight to the day.
Speaker 2: And that's what you got to love about DP. Unfortunately, if we're in that situation, that's what we'll.
Speaker 1: Have to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that we'll have to do the d dB is gonna fight fair either, Like you know, I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but is it really really fair? Fighting and fighting passed the mid not at all? Pass you what couper a while I don't. Yeah, I think if you're in a street fight, like there is no fighting fair.
Speaker 1: No, not at all. There's no code of like oh like you know, like no, bro, Like if you're on the ground, like you gotta just out crazy the next person. I'm trying to get weird in a fight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how weird?
Speaker 1: Like I'll do whatever it takes. I'll tell you I'm getting Kevin Gates weird.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna in the fight all together, Like, yeah, gonna pull his pants down?
Speaker 2: Was like that? What's that?
Speaker 1: You want to fucking he post his face and you want tod whoa? Yo, Yo, that's me dude. I'm getting a fight thirty one years old? Dike it easy? Man's back on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: True? Who's that? What's that?
Speaker 2: Charlie Days? Like, Yo, I'll beat your dick off. I'll beat your dick off with both hands and say, yo, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would dick.
Speaker 1: Off a guy like that.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I'm probably like, bro, let's just god squash the beef. Like it's not even that we're good.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't got to do that. When's the last time you've been in a fight, bro, I can't even remember. It's been that long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, has parny situations? Nothing to mtsu, bro, Like I've gotten a situation. But I never really got into a real fist fight, like as an adult. Yeah, I don't know, Like I'm just a cool dude, Like guys don't really trot me like that. I don't know, Like and I think I'm respectful most people, you know what I'm saying. Like I can think of like Tom's in college, like on some football stuff where like I remember being a young player, like I think we was doing like some drilling football and coach make us do up doown. So like I'm pissed off. Yeah, you're not running to the fucking ball, like you know what I'm saying. Older veterans like trying to charge me. This guy's like two ninety I'm two hundred and ten pounds, you know what I'm Saying'm like, bro, I'm not gonna fight this dude, Like I'm not dumb, you know what I mean, Like in that way, he's got to pass on him and all I ain't got my helmet on, Like not gonna fight this guy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're not a chirper, like you you don't. You're passive in a positive way, Like you're not people are chirping. You're like, man, you do whatever you're doing, and then you grab your little speaker and you go to the colt.
Speaker 1: Up and just chill.
Speaker 4: Yes, when I was a younger player though, like my second year in the league, I remember I was just talking crazy.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, I do not remember you talking crazy ever, Like I remember they.
Speaker 4: Had this clip of me and Jarvis Landry getting into it, like I don't know when I was a young player. You know, just fight for everything, everything for your respect. And I'm just like, bro, I'm out here.
Speaker 7: Like what you mean.
Speaker 4: MTSU small school guy, but not small school. But you look at it small as it's not. It's not Nebraska, but it's a small school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I think we won more games in Nebraska. Oh that's probably true that yeah, But what conference are you guys even playing in? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I mean you got to schedule big games to make money. They probably played at Alabama or something like that. You probably played Tennessee one time, probably got whooped. We did, Yeah, but you played on with the red shirt. Actually, my senior we played against Bama.
Speaker 4: It was a Derek's Me and Derricks both last year and I always talked shit to them like there's the only game in your whole senior year, you didn't have a hundred rushing your hearts, but for real, like ninety eight though.
Speaker 7: And it took about the halftime.
Speaker 1: So the final one too, I mean still ninety eight under a hundred.
Speaker 2: When you're at a small school like that, like and you're playing Alabama, do they pop on like Applelashia State first, Michigan be like these guys did it?
Speaker 4: It's bro, it's of course, but yeah, because like you're kind of going to the game. We's not like the coaches like yeah, we're just gonna lose the game, like they try to just you know.
Speaker 1: Build you up.
Speaker 7: But honestly, I go into the games like that.
Speaker 4: It's like, bro, this is for any player that's at a school like MTSU that's going against Bama, like this got to be the game.
Speaker 7: You're in your mind like, well, this is the league game. I'm going to the league off this game.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah at it. That's a good mindset. That's a good mindset.
Speaker 4: And it was honestly every meeting that I had with teams that that whole process was went straight to the Bama game. So if any player that thinks that these games don't matter, like that's the only game that really matters. Like if you're at an MTSU or any small school you're playing. Let's say, because I think we played Bama that year, we played Van Dy and think of another team. But I call it picking every single game in both of those games, really, and so every meeting I had with an NFL team, Alabama game in the game. Didn't watch any of the other little conference games and none of that. So you know, they mean a lot.
Speaker 2: Isn't it funny when you're in college and you could tell when the coaches think you're gonna win or lose, if they if they if you're playing a team you know is better than you, the coaches are very positive.
Speaker 1: Hey, we sit together.
Speaker 2: But if you're playing a team that they know you can beat, they're way harder on you that week you try to crush you.
Speaker 1: You never had that, huh oh yeah, absolutely. They were like that at at Nebraska. Oh you guys, Yeah you us were good when you're at Nebraska. Yeah, I mean we were solid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were terrible when I was at least nine games every year we were off, we probably would have lost. No, It's funny because those guys likes one good year. Yeah, we had a winning season I think every year, but we were never like Michigan. We were like we were a middle tier Big ten teams.
Speaker 3: You're talking about, like say we played like South Dakota something like that, Like we would always kind of fuck it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be like it would be like close and then you know they have even more reason runners O.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's the worst when you think, like yo, I might legit like get the fourth quarter off in this game if we do what we're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were always good for a loss, and we didn't lose to like a team like that, but we were always good for a loss that we shouldn't have lost that year.
Speaker 1: Like we we were nice one year and loss to like drop would argue on Northwestern.
Speaker 4: I will argue this though, and the difference between the big schools, SEC ACC all that schools and and obviously like you know Thomas USA, some the biggest difference is the trenches because like skilled players, is not really that big of a difference.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel.
Speaker 4: Percent obviously you're gonna have the one thought, not that big of a difference. The bigger difference is the game is always be the trenches. It's gonna get blown out in the trenches. But as far as the skilled players, because you have a lot of guys that are very talented on the outside, but they don't get that big offer because maybe their grades sucked or.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 4: But you're not about to just make up Taylor Wan like at MTSU, like we don't get those type of athletes. You'll get up. But I'm saying for me, I was I was a skilled player. I mean DB's receivers. You can get a transfer guy to come in that's really talented and may have other big time offers, but something happened he had to go to a smaller school. But it's usually not the same case. When you look at defensivelignment, office of line like you do, do this a big difference.
Speaker 2: We were at the Barstool Bold game in Towson, Arizona, and Wyoming was playing Miami at Ohio was Miami Hio and I was watching the offense line warm up, and you can there's a there's a big.
Speaker 1: Difference uses a big the man, these guys are small.
Speaker 2: There's somebodys that are like really fucking big, but like kind of out of shape, and there's like guys that are way small, and there's like this is a big difference.
Speaker 3: There is a big difference Titans. I mean we were talking like in the NFL, anybody can fucking anybody can catch any given Sunday for real. But even the games like as we start to get better at the at the Titans were there were games Jets like there are times you play the Jets, but we should win this game by ten or more points.
Speaker 1: You should and you end up losing Jacksonville. I don't know why. Jacksonvill has never really been a problem to us yet, but it.
Speaker 4: Is weird, bro, because I feel like it's always a game or two, at least one game a year since I've been with the Titans where it's like a game you going into it, you know, you kind of look at the schedule at least going into that, and.
Speaker 1: We just like this game we should win. Yeah, we should absolutely win this win.
Speaker 4: Usually it's funny because the games that we're usually favorite to win, we don't do too well, or we may make it close, or we may lose the game. But the games we aren't favorite it at all, we go out here and just dominate people.
Speaker 1: Destroy right, weird.
Speaker 2: And the thing that sucks is as you get older, you start to realize that pattern, like, oh, we're playing this team week five. Week five comes up and you're like, boys, we've got to focus because this is always the one we drop correct and for.
Speaker 1: Some reason, we still fucking drop it.
Speaker 7: But you're aware.
Speaker 1: I'm aware, you're aware.
Speaker 2: But we're still like, dude, we gotta get this one's by those trap games, yes, I think they're like, but for what there's no trap games in the NFL unless you're like right towards the playoffs. But like it's exactly is a trap game, but like there's no reason to have a trap game week five.
Speaker 4: Because I don't know, Like, remember we when we lost to the Jets a couple of years ago. It was twenty twenty one. We lost the JITs, and you know, they had a rookie quarterback, and like, looking at the rosters, we think, like, bro, we should win this game, right, were looking at our roster, looking at our team. It's like how you walk through the Thames like one and then we go out there, I think, no, off, do you guys give it like nine sacks or something like that.
Speaker 1: There's a blood Beth out there. Bro. It was crazy. Luckily there was there was wasn't and I don't really know how good they were. I don't know how good that dude was playing on the right tackle. He made it. He got paid the next week. You know that, right now, he did. I got paid like seventy million dollars next week. The next thing.
Speaker 2: I had no idea who the fuck this guy was. And he had like three four sacks on.
Speaker 7: I was like, we're bawling going on over there.
Speaker 1: You know, it's tough.
Speaker 2: I literally took the boy who the right tackle, and I was like, man, I did that happened to me two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: It's all good. Hey, you're gonna you're gonna live. Yeah, you give up sacks like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is for what a dB thing would be, maybe like I don't I get moss or something, but giving up a sack, you can play a great game. You give a one sack, you're like, bro, everybody sees it.
Speaker 4: I would definitely look at that. It's very similar as far as the dB versus left tack. You can have you play six snaps in the game, give a one sack. You had a terrible game, right. Thing then for a dB is like but you can have fifty nine great snaps, but if you get snagged on for a touchdown, that's the only thing people remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get be for a big play, that's probably the worst.
Speaker 7: And a dv BRO, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: More helpless looking than after a dB, Like dude kind of catches one in the end zone and the dB kind of just like turn around and walk a last You.
Speaker 4: Don't really know what because you know, like the cameras always runing to you, like you don't really know how to react.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't really know. It's like do I just walk off?
Speaker 1: Hit him with one of these like oh, palms up, pums up, you know what.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, Like you don't really know what this is, Like, yeah, it's gonna take my l just walk off, just walk off.
Speaker 2: Or but and then also too like maybe that wasn't your guy and you had to go cover up late and it looks like it was you, and you know, it looks like it was you, but for some reason you wanted people to know like, yo, that wasn't me.
Speaker 1: But see I said, you got like to make it.
Speaker 3: Similar and similar, like he explained his type over three and it looks like me and the man at ten yards on AJ Brown first, Yeah, exactly like.
Speaker 1: That, where's the backer coming out here? Like, bro, yours man? You on need to learn how to do a hook drop and cover three at times. No, the back went out to the left. You gotta expand. So I'm just playing.
Speaker 4: But it is one of those things where you got to make a split decision where it's like do I go sell my guy, especially if it's a touchdown, like cause you'll see some dbs a guy gets scored on, you immediately turn around like, bro, where was you at? Like cause to kind of let the TV and people at home know, like, bro, it wasn't my fault, Like this, I know I'm over here.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't me. Just as I'm here, just mean I'm guilty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't want so it's like, you know, as being a leader, you kind of just got to like, let's get to the sideline.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 4: But in the back of your mind you thinking, like when you when you go home and you watch the film, like damn, everybody think pff.
Speaker 1: Think it was me. It was me. It does sit in your mind for sure, but you know y'all threw it up.
Speaker 2: It's even worse when it's your When it's your fault, you're like, fuck, man, that's on me. I gotta be like, I gotta figure out a way to make sure that doesn't happen. But when it looks like it was you to me, that hurts more because you're like, dog like, how do I navigate this where people I can let people know when me without selling somebody out like it's a weird a bunch of weirder fears.
Speaker 3: He may say it in some fashion, whether it's you know, within the confinements of a meeting, eat whatever, like hey man, come on, we're gonna talk about this, right, coach, you say.
Speaker 1: I need to hear you play.
Speaker 2: If I would get on the sideline after something bad happened, like guy made inside movie guard was supposed to be there, something like that, I'll sit on the sideline sometimes like be like Quentin Spain, but hey man, my bad. I'd be thinking like, say, shit, Louder see that fucking louder bro like get so mad.
Speaker 1: Sometimes yeah, the house.
Speaker 4: He was like, bring you start running to the ball so much like because you know, at the end of the day when you're the last guy in the screen is like I think it's you. We're like, yes, oh, you're supposed to get the guy now or it's supposed to be right there. So it's like stop running to the ball so much. It's like, you know, you know, I don't me to get it, you know what I'm saying that way, But it was just funny man, Like honestly, uh yeah, I would say left tackling in safety is very similar in a way where it's like, bro, you can.
Speaker 1: When you mess up everybody, Yeah, bro, you can have a great corner like.
Speaker 3: A d like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's just tough man garden center are It's kind of nice. Is when sacks happened in the middle, like you can't really it's you can do it's an offensive lineman.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're supposed to get that one. But for everybody else at home, it's like, oh, yeah, he bumped into a lot of guys. The backers exactly what you're talking about. What he says, like linebackers like you guys get you guys get covered up. It's supposally covered up a lot linebackers. Defensive tackles all seen when you make the big hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or you're destroying guard and you get in the backfield whatever, But like they don't see when like, oh, you was literally supposed to be in this gap, but you just went rogue right and just went another way. He's supposed to panic drop, and now this guy is screaming on the safety and now I gotta I get jooked.
Speaker 7: And the only thing that goes viral is, damn, he just broke this guy off.
Speaker 1: And the linebacker in the back kind of jogging after the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also backers, if any run is broken, like at the line of scrimmage, it's always gonna be blamed on the backer and maybe not a defensive lineman who didn't stay in their.
Speaker 1: Gap the other gap. Yeah, story, Yeah, the defensive lineman part.
Speaker 3: Usually, Yeah, you're gonna be in the field room. Hang on now, hang on, we're talking. We're talking public attention. We're talking to people at home, sitting in Washington and something like that. If we're talking about being in the meeting room, then everybody gets got in the meeting room. But I'm saying publicly, when you're watching the game, if a back breaks one up the middle, it's usually gonna be blamed on the backer.
Speaker 4: But that's because you know football, that's the that's the view the lens you're seeing it from.
Speaker 1: But you're talking about regular fan. Regular fan perspective is watching the game. What is the safety doing? How many times? Don't want to grab just laying out. Here's why we all here's why we all sound like this.
Speaker 3: It's because we've only searched our own names in the search bar, so we all know how.
Speaker 1: We get destroyed out there. You're like, what are you talking about? But never you know what I mean? Like, you're only you're only searching quote Will Compton quote dude, but you put it in how many times latest after a game? Like when you know you got dummy? How many times in your life?
Speaker 2: Like, man, hopefully this didn't you know, hopefully nobody's how many times in your life have you played a good game and you're excited to go to the Twitter search bar? Come on now and and you're like, hey, left tackle is getting destroyed.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, we gotta cute. Yes, I think anybody could attested this.
Speaker 4: Obviously, leaving Nissan, there's traffic coming out the gate and the little one been another right, everybody's on Twitter by that point you're in your car, Bro, you got your phone out. If you know you had a big game, you're immediately in the locker room, even if you had a bad game. Sometimes it's like I'm a wait, I'm waiting out. Maybe I'll wait till I get to the house because I know it's gonna be bad.
Speaker 2: I'm not Taylor the Arizona game. Oh yeah, Arizona. I had to put some fires out, Like literally.
Speaker 1: You got ahead of it. I had ahead of that. Yeah, yeah, you had eminem yourself. I am old myself situition that you explained.
Speaker 3: I'm literally in the parking lot and I see Taylor tweeted about the Arizona game, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, dude, Bro, that was the most embarrassing game of my entire life. And the thing that's so crazy is like I've had bad games, but like going into the game, like you know, I don't feel like sometimes you're just not feeling it, Like you're like, hey, we'll see what happens. You don't play with well, you're okay, how can I figure it out for next week? Going into that Arizona game, I was like I'm fucking back, like I was. I legitimately in my head, like we had the game.
Speaker 1: Plan, game plans, like Taylor, We're first play of the game, We're running left, We're doing this. Boy had a good camp. I'm like, you know, I'm about to be back. Not gonna do nothing to me. We were on the phone before talk house to get ivy y. Yeah, I'm like fighting, like I'm legit.
Speaker 2: Like, There's been a lot of games where I'm like, I get nervous before because like I don't get to attack like you guys do. I have to like protect. So I'm like, hey, I gotta make sure I protect my guys. And so there's like anxiety with that. This game, I'm like, I'm about to fucking go off Like this first play, I'm about to take Chandler Jones. I'm about to take him to the sideline first place. Do you remember the first play the game?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: Interrupt this episode to bring you.
Speaker 2: To bring you net coins, dude, shoutout neck coins, no for shatouts, dude.
Speaker 1: All right, boys, listen up.
Speaker 2: Crypto investing is made easy with net coins, and it's it's so easy to get started with their mobile app.
Speaker 1: It's fast, safe, and transparent.
Speaker 2: For the rest of June, I'm facing will to see whose home states gets the most new users and then and will earn an additional ten dollars reward for users from those states. The winning Boys states will be named on our July fifth episode. Rewards will come out July seven. Sign up now get twenty five dollars in cash to trade on the app when you use promo code busting. That's b U s S I n download the net coins app or learn more at netcoins dot com. We need this, boys, We fucking need this. Back to the episode TfL, I'll run out, I fuck in my landmarks God, he goes you, She's string tackle and Derrick Henry. I'm like, oh no, first play the game and I'm fucking and then the second series sack Hit.
Speaker 4: I'm like, it was what's it for all of us? We got destroyed, that we got destroyed, which is which.
Speaker 2: Is like what Rabel's narrative was to me. The next day, he called me in his office and I want you to know, we didn't lose that game because of you. We gotta thinking to myself, it was close, though, because we got to call me in this office.
Speaker 4: Into spins like about DeAndre Hopkins. I remember, oh, and Jeff Simmons got broken. He was getting driven because like people that didn't play Arizona during the I forget the head coach's name.
Speaker 1: He had like real kings Bear Kingsbury, King Kingsbury, right, yeah, like I said, Cliff Kingsbury. Yeah, I respect him the media, but my bad.
Speaker 4: But this guy had a real college tempo offense. And so we're practicing that week, like, but it's gonna be fast. Like they don't huddle, they don't do anything. When you get out there in the game. It's the first game of the season. It's hot, a ship outside and bro, they are moving. So we're getting driven all the way down the field, get like to the high red zone. Coach fuck it, I don't know blitz zero and I'm lying up out there.
Speaker 7: It's like, oh shit.
Speaker 4: DeAndre Hophins at number two already know what's about to happen as soon as he snapped the ball. This guy just because it was blissing, so they already new what was gonna happen. Guy me to just put his hands up, just got at a little nown pass, caught the boss. I'm driving trying to go inside inside.
Speaker 7: Out guy me.
Speaker 4: He stuck his splitting the ground, spent out and literally got an Inzo. He was like on the fifteen twenty yard line or something, and Bro I was like, this is bad. Bro's getting a touchdown. Pff. You know what I'm saying. Gave a touchdown. You know, Hey, that's the first thing.
Speaker 1: But I was pissed, you know what I'm saying. But like you said, the way that game went, Bro, the game was terrible.
Speaker 3: Colard was making some insane place like he got so much time back there at times, Jeff.
Speaker 1: You know what he did, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was on the sidline and Arizona sideline kind of game one of those, and Jeff kind of looked like.
Speaker 1: He got shot.
Speaker 4: Like Bro like seeing a guy in like an open field, like saying, it's like a little role runner, like his feet is moving so fast, and so if you're coming down as to safety like usually you want to be aggressive, I'm gonna kick his legs out.
Speaker 7: But that's one of them things like like hold.
Speaker 4: On, let me, let me chop my feet a little Biteah, I'm saying, if I really get broke off, if he ain't watching highlights in him just breaking guys off just because you know, like he never lost the game in high school and like he just like he's always been this guy and he's been doing that.
Speaker 1: It's been a winner.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like, oy, I'm just gonna force my outside its force my bunds.
Speaker 7: Like it's kind of like Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 2: Bounds in the game of football. What's like the most embarrassed you think you've ever been? Like, is there a one game or one situation you're like, that is the most soolf morowment?
Speaker 4: Oh man, because I got a couple of them, because uh, how was he playing a game long enough?
Speaker 1: Youre gonn get h no question?
Speaker 7: I remember playoff. Lamar Jackson broke me off.
Speaker 1: I was like in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 7: That was twenty twenty when we lost.
Speaker 1: In the Years round. God, that was so disappointing that we lost.
Speaker 4: He broke up the middle, broken tain and like he was full of speed already and I was like, okay, let me try to break down and he just gone. It was literally nothing I can do at that point. Uh, I'm not broken. I mean, you have missed a couple tackles where a guy went like ninety some yards oh man, I feel like when I leave here, I remember like a even more embarrassing moment for sure. But uh yeah, man, you know any time I got scored on, that was just embarrassed, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, you know what's so funny is like being on offense when we see teams get scored on, like you guys get scored on, Like I would never think, oh, KB fucked up there, I think, oh fuck, they scored We gotta go do something. Really yeah, because we talk all the time, like being able to zoom out from like what you do on a day to day basis all right, because you think you get mossed or something happens, like you get broke off by Lamar. You probably think the whole world just saw me get fucked up by Lamar.
Speaker 4: Jackson because Twitter, search bar everybody, everybody was killing me, like damn.
Speaker 1: Your wrong.
Speaker 2: But it's like it's if you just be able to assume that a little bit, like then you could do it, Like why I talk about Arizona, like hey, your boy got toasted. But then you bring up like hey, DeAndre Hopkins did it to me?
Speaker 1: The Simmons thing.
Speaker 2: This you don't realize everyone had ship in that game. Bro, It's like, oh my god, I can't believe that happened.
Speaker 4: Played this game, you realize, Like, Bro, it's gonna happen. You know what I'm saying. You're gonna have a bad game. You're gonna have a bad player. Just like how do you respond?
Speaker 1: You eventually just get god. Everyone gets gone.
Speaker 7: The longer you play, You're gonna get God.
Speaker 1: This is what it is, what it is, man, Just question on, Uh, you're talking about DeAndre Hopkins. Scorn on you. Yeah, DeAndre Hopkins is a Titan.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, Like I just looking from his perspective, he probably is not gonna sign until later on this summer. It's probably gonna take his visits, get quartered around a little bit. I mean, probably didn't even want to do O t A's or mini camp anyway. So it's like, Bro, I mos probably just signed, uh right before training camp. But I don't know, man, I mean, I don't know what all teams is looking at him, you know what I'm saying, But I think it's us in the Patriots right now.
Speaker 1: So obviously he'd be a great addition. He would would love to have him on the team.
Speaker 4: Massive, because like you have this what you're like on social media where like guys are just like recruiting guys all over you know what I'm saying. Lead, Like, I've never been that type of dude because I always I felt like I would feel a way that if let's say, for example, it's a really good cornerback that's out there free agent, like bro, come join the team.
Speaker 1: Bro, like team up. But then I got like other guys in the team like damn, but you say I suck. You think I'm not good enough?
Speaker 4: Like I never wanted to be in that type of way where it's like I'm trying to recruit all these different players from other teams like with the eyes and all that on social media. It's like I don't know, guys want to come join if you call me, you reach out to me. Like actually, arden Key who signed on our team, he reached out to me before he signed this deal here. But what the coach in Tennessee like thinking about coming to Tennessee a couple of other teams and I kind of spit around like bro, you should come, you know I'm saying, but uh yeah, Like I just never been that guy just trying to recruit in a bunch of players around the league.
Speaker 7: But obviously we all know who DeAndre Hopkins is.
Speaker 1: Like, bro, he really yeah, he's a dog. Anytime we played Houston.
Speaker 4: He played Arizona last training camp or practice gives some last training camp and we were doing like a red zone period and this guy is probably like the five yard line. This guy runs a fade on Christian fall. I don't know, I think it went viral. I don't know if it did or not, but and Christian Folds is a really good corner. Yeah, you guys play Madden and then like you go off your the spectacular catch thing, you push track and.
Speaker 1: They just go to some little animation. Literally did this in real life.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 7: This man literally just put his hands up.
Speaker 4: When I say, he just literally like almost bicycle kicked in the air right hand, like the ball's in here, right hand, huh, and just like walk brought it back. It was the most amazing shit I've ever seen. Like this is no bs, like literally like a regular relief. It wasn't nothing crazy record release hum And just like is if Christian wasn't even there, like put his left hand right here.
Speaker 1: Blocked him out and just walked off. God damn, you know.
Speaker 4: You're in the middle of practices, like I'm running to the ball and I see it.
Speaker 1: God damn God, Like you just gotta respect, like give a nod. It was incredible. Tell Christian like you're all good man, he's a free That was like that one. It was one of them, is like you just like I'm mistakenly was like oh ship teammates and Christian heard it. Damn.
Speaker 2: He was always doing crazy ship to us when he was at Houston. He was always doing wild ship and he would.
Speaker 1: Just probably had his best games against us.
Speaker 7: Problemly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a beast man. He's always been a bea anytime.
Speaker 2: Anytime Fuller was into then fully Fuller was hurt a lot. The Fuller and Hopkins were both playing as like we would new in offense and like, hey, bro, we got to score forty my.
Speaker 4: Rookie or second year I remember he did like we had a slot corner Bryce McCain and this guy did like a walk off release like literally took like three steps off the line and just like broken this thing, like just broke him off.
Speaker 7: Like so this guy's the truth. Now he's the truth.
Speaker 1: He holds the ball like this it will be like spinning.
Speaker 4: But they said his hands, like god, ma fucking hands. I don't know what that was like, bru It's crazy, though, X is the rumor. I mean he he probably has the best hands.
Speaker 1: In the league for sure.
Speaker 7: I won't say probably. I think he has the best hands in the league.
Speaker 2: What was cool McCoy saying to you, Colt McCoy when he was in Arizona, he said, dog, he was saying, he'd come up to monthside, like, hey, throw me the ball, man, what are you doing, Like, just throw me the ball?
Speaker 1: And he said, like, uh.
Speaker 3: The hop would sometimes just run his own route within kind of maybe the confines of what the play is, but he would just run his own route, not even the right route, but just run his own route.
Speaker 4: He's like, man, just just throw me the ball, Like throw it to where I'm trying to go. I know for a fact he does, because I remember we was playing them twenty eighteen.
Speaker 7: I never forget. This was me and the door.
Speaker 4: We're like, obviously going to the game plan. We're gonna double team him when he's lined up like by so outside, and I was he kept running this little dig row and I've seen it on feeling kept runing his dig row. I told her door because he was pressed. I said, listen, if you run this dig I'm breaking on it. Just protect me high and literally as soon as I felt him about to run the dick, I broke and this guy literally did one of these and took off deep, threw his hands up and obviously threw the ball up and he didn't catch it. Not he I don't think he did, but I remember like I was like, it was like one of those oh shit, I broke down. I turned around just like literally just threw my hands up at there, hoping he didn't catch the ball. That's why it was like, Okay, he's literally doing his own thing out here for real. Yeah, you did see this on film.
Speaker 2: You just bought up something that is and we all see with DBS. You threw your hands up, hoping he didn't catch the ball. After he did not catch that ball, what'd you do?
Speaker 7: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: He had you, he had your way, He dropped it.
Speaker 4: On his on the cord, and you hit him with the time. No, So you had to understand my body presence locked him up. My body presence in itself disrupted to play. See that's the thing you gather them body presence, yes, because at the end of the day, a quarterback, if you put your body within hand or whatever it may be, Yeah, it has to be a perfect throw.
Speaker 1: That's the difference that the receiver just dropped the ball.
Speaker 2: That happens all the time though, that's a very common thing with DB's. There will be three four yards in front of him that dB is nothing and he gets overthrown.
Speaker 4: It's hard to be a dB bro like you gotta be. You gotta celebrate this. You know, the slight wins, all the ones you can get. You take it everything you can get, broge.
Speaker 1: Of their moments.
Speaker 3: What's your your thought is do the oh incomplete pass like ours, whether the quarterback just misses and you're in your beat or anything like that, like, oh quebeckscarn't even put it around me.
Speaker 1: That's real, bro, It's hard. It's hard to be as hard.
Speaker 2: I would think that is so funny watching because I obviously never covered nobody and I was thinking, Yo, you guys got burnt.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Random Duce just doing that? Hey man, I thought that was hilarious. Ring is hard, bro, No, it is, Honestly, I think it. Ring is fucking hard. Yeah, I will argus the heart this thing in football.
Speaker 2: Besides playing left tackle, I would say, yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know, bro, being a being a cornerback is the hardest position physically NFL.
Speaker 1: For sure. What's the second quarterback? I was about to say, playing quarterback the hardest.
Speaker 3: We're talking if we're talking everything all around, like outside of physical and everything. I had that mental then I would say quarterback, yeah, for sure, but strictly like physical, like like you're living in a back pedal and reacting to a receiver.
Speaker 1: Because I think even even in the sport of football.
Speaker 2: Tackles, you are living in a back pedal and reacting to a ninety You know you're not you're passing.
Speaker 1: I get it. You played punt, brother, got a punt set kick slides.
Speaker 3: Now it ain't hard, you know, posting protect my insects. You're protected by the guard.
Speaker 1: Hey, what is Who's Who's off? Put up in the punt showing about putting the arm up.
Speaker 7: Me the drag hand.
Speaker 1: The drag hand was funny because he sends me some stuff every now. But anyway, like I'm saying, you gotta go backwards, du dude, do ways as which is me, I get it. I'm not saying it's not hard. It's hard. Saying it's not hard, it'd be a lot of.
Speaker 4: Times like you said, where the same thing you say that dB, will you know mess up or you know, God dropped ball, quarterback overthrow the balls saying that with tackles like quarterback scrambles out throws the ball.
Speaker 1: Aways, get beat all the time? Yeah, God beat all the time. Don't see me fucking yeah, you don't see nothing.
Speaker 2: No reality though, Like my personality is much different other OFFENSI like, oh I blocked this motherfucker and you would look ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Got them And that's something like you don't even like and corners on your left hap of I ain't say you wouldn't want them like that, but like if you, let's say, for exam, you beat a pass rusher, you don't you want to tease the guy because then you know as soon as he lines up next time, you might eat you for lunch.
Speaker 1: No, there's a there's a double edged sword with that. For sure. You're playing.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 4: I've seen that really is like like Trent Williams, for example, that's a guy that's like you just don't mess with, like this guy's gonna talk ship and it's like there's gonna be nothing that you can literally do. I never forget we played the forty nine Ers in twenty twenty one and him and Jeff is getting to him the first drive, you know, Jeff talks and ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get into in the first drive.
Speaker 4: Because usually I'm like, I'm like Jeff bodyguarl like, hey, bro, come on, chill, like we're gonna get you gonna get a penalty, come on, like cutting out, you know, you're saying all type of crazy stuff, like bro, you're a lotkle You're a little too old this now, Like you gotta respect the around the league a little bit. But him and Trup whims getting back to and tru Wi saying, I'm like, bro, you got that.
Speaker 1: Ship, you got it.
Speaker 4: I'm not y'all whatever y'all got going on, that's between y'all. I'm not getting between that, bro. Yeah, that's on you though, like I penalty, it don't matter, like I'm not getting between it. Really is him now, he is for sure, he might be the best player in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Arguably. He's up there. Sure, I mean he I mean, how is he now like thirty five or something like that. I think, is he as old as you or is he older than you? He's older than me?
Speaker 3: He like he's he's uh, he's the class with the sue Sam Bradford.
Speaker 1: But the guy's like crazy athletic, crazy athletic thirty four. That's it. That's what I'm saying, Bro, he's the truth.
Speaker 2: Dude will tell us a story about him and Rack And they were sitting at like the lunch table, and Trent was legit like I'm just trying to find out when it's gonna get hard for me, like in front of Brian A Rackpos's face, and that's just crazy.
Speaker 1: But it was more of a conversation of just like it was even real.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like a shot at Rack or anything like that, because I want to say, like logan pulse and he was a tight end. Him and I were talking about something, bitching about something, our bodies feeling the type of way, and I remember Trent sitting there and be like, man, I'm just wondering if there'll be any anybody that ever walks through that door that challenges me in practice.
Speaker 7: Now, nuts, that's different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have been like what you mean, Like, what do you mean, bro like or I either say that or I think Rack just laughed.
Speaker 2: I mean they had one on ones like, but that has.
Speaker 4: To make you feel a certain type of way though, Yeah, I love right rec my god, but it has to be like you shrink down a little bit within side, like damn, well, I feel like I'm him Nick.
Speaker 1: But why thinking about it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Because Rack was there with Logan and I and we were talking about it and talking about like just bodies being banged up after practice type of situation. And then Trent said that I believe in a way of he doesn't ever really get.
Speaker 1: Sore tired.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, ultimately it was I'm wonder if somebody it was it was put me in a situation and where I'm like, you know, banged up after practice.
Speaker 2: But imagine being so good that once you say it, the guy that would be most offensive just laughs because he just knows it's kind of true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Rocks a baller. Rock was a baller. I mean he was commercial commercial Getico the Guy co commercial. Rack was in a guy commercial, like when Rac was.
Speaker 3: All prone Washington. He was like a stud when he came out. He was like he was, but I want to say he was like all pro either in his first couple of years. But yeah, he was on one of those commercials.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. Man, you're a Guyico commercial.
Speaker 2: It's even funnier seeming a cupcake commercial him and him and griff it made.
Speaker 1: It's such a funny bit to me. And they had show over it right the cupcakes. Yeah they got they got the branded the cupcake guys with something like that. That's so fairn Let's just let.
Speaker 4: You know about like how depending what market you are in, Trey Williams has been that guy. He's been that dog. But then he's with the forty nine ers in a different market with a different fan base. Now he's already be the best player in the NFL. He's probably been the same person he's been in Washington he is now. But it's just the odds that's on him now. He just makes it the biggest difference. He was so good, he's I mean, he took a people ra he was in a couple of these things.
Speaker 1: It's wearing a shirt that says a rockboll I.
Speaker 7: Think I remember this too.
Speaker 1: How old is this was? The man? This is probably back in twenty thirteen, maybe in twelve yel.
Speaker 2: Freshman year and Ra looks like a fucking outside linebacker if you're painting up like you see the under armor statues when you walk into Dick's. If you're like, hey, make me one of those that looks like I was a linebacker?
Speaker 1: Rack is that man? For sure? He was just built like that, dude?
Speaker 7: Happened to good commercials?
Speaker 2: Like the Cave Made commercials for fire those were always so good, Like the super.
Speaker 7: Bowl commercial aren't as good as they used to be.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 2: They're creative but they're not as good? Like like wise, there's old commercials commercials.
Speaker 7: I'm like, bro, what happened to great commercials?
Speaker 3: But we're al was gonna say about trade is people forget he took an entire year off and that never works out for anybody.
Speaker 1: What's up? It never works out for anybody. We talked about Levon.
Speaker 3: Bell, Missus money all that took an entire year off and came back and he's still turned it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like got become a better version of Williams. Yeah yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like you said that lay beyond Bill deal, like, because I've seen something about Saquon was kind of putting it out there that's possible.
Speaker 1: That's how we got in the conversation the other day about.
Speaker 7: It usually never works.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what I'm saying, Trip Williams unicorn, like take that bread if you got to.
Speaker 3: Especially, but different positions too, Like there's a lot more longevity with an offensive lineman than with the running back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's running backs.
Speaker 3: It doesn't usually And again when we talk about like unicorns at the running back position, and there's many more out there, but just local recent all that stuff, like not everybody said Derek kenri either to where you get better in the second contract.
Speaker 1: That bet, Yeah, I mean Derek is.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's funny because there's been the guy he is in the league that he's been like his whole life. He's always been a volume guy. But like you said, I mean, if you just watch the way Derek take care of his body, like, you will see why he's able to last the way he's able to last. I'm not saying that other guys don't take care of their body, right, but just the way he's built. And I've had conversations with a lot of guys like and this is not a slight to him, because obviously Derek is. I think he's a future Hall of Famer my opinion. Yeah, But and the way he plays the game, he's a dinosaur. And I say, it's not saying hiss dinosaurs. He's old. It's just like they don't make guys like him, no more, like a guy that's two forty five six threes are probably bigger than all our pass us on our team, but they just don't. You don't have guys that because you see nowadays everybody's like a running back by committee.
Speaker 1: Running back by committee, like.
Speaker 4: He's been our offense for ever since, been a full time starter, been the main engine of our offense. Like, they don't really build guys like that, no more. Like I don't think they will ever be. I mean that's just me personally. I don't think it will ever be another running back like Derrick Henry going forward in the league because I just think that even on the on a younger level like high school and youth sports, like probably running backs are seeing what's going on with the market and everything. They probably like Bro, I don't want to play running back. I like to touch the ball, but maybe I might even go play dB or something like that. Liked short or small and might want to go play dB, or might the receiver or might play something else that has the longevity or because you know what's going on. The running back market is real, man, Like it's a staring time. My child is playing sports is like, yeah, so we're gonna you know what I'm saying, We're gonna to start playing soccer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pop Warner. But then you gotta had a new position. Yeah, yeah, you got a new positions.
Speaker 1: But you are like, uh, just on the team side.
Speaker 3: You also understand because you can get guys, you can have a running back by committee and have it cheaper.
Speaker 4: No, I mean that's the whole business ode of Like I understand it now being an older player, Like yeah, I mean I get it, trust me, I get it. Like if you can like you know, and Bray was a realist, like you have conversations, Brady, we keep it real, like you know, hey, you can have like for example, when even I remember when twenty twenty one when Derek got hurt, Derek played I think ten games at nine hundred and thirty seven rushing yards, ten touchdowns. I've seen a stat the second half of the year when dere wasn't playing, we still had nine hundred and thirty seven or nine hundred some rushing yards as a team together.
Speaker 3: So if you it took guys like two or three games to even get up to that volume and then all of a sudden, Johnny, I'm just talking all of a sudden, Jonathan Taylor is an MVP candidate.
Speaker 4: But I'm just talking about from because I think who we had, we had form, We had form on the Yeah, you're but you're looking at from a team perspective, it is like them, Darren him was putting up these numbers, but then we had two guys that put up the same equal.
Speaker 7: Amount of numbers in the same amount of games.
Speaker 4: So it's like, but obviously they weren't making what there's making, right, So if you're looking at from a business side of it, you know, I understand it. But obviously Derek is a different type of guy. I mean obviously because I think that obviously the stats you you you kind of put all that numbers in, but at the same time you had to look at the person, the player, the celebrity and who he is, and you know that's how you get his worth and when he's worth to this team and his organization in the city.
Speaker 2: So man, the minute, the minute, Derek's no longer a tighten. That's gonna be a big hit from a business standpoint, for the for the marketing of this fresh shirt. I mean this twenty twenty one. I think it was even less than ten games that he played, because I remember he was at nine thirty seven, because it was he was in that thirty seven and it's five weeks.
Speaker 1: Do you like him to even get out of the top five? This was like at like five, Yes, it was nuts. And then you're right, Taylor was an MVP.
Speaker 7: He was like he was a two thousand again easy.
Speaker 1: He I thought he was gonna beat the record. He was on the pace to destroy the record that year if there would have got two thousand yards and back to.
Speaker 4: Back years, he was a canceled Christmas put him in the Hall of Fame right now, Yes, I think there.
Speaker 1: I think he's a Hall of Famer right now.
Speaker 4: I mean I think so too, But I think that he literally didn't have to play another down of football.
Speaker 1: He's automatically a Hall of Fame, real talk. I mean it's one of yards back to back, Yeah, Bro, No, that would have been insane. Did you see how many games he played in twenty twenty one? You had to be like, I think it might have been even when you're still playing only sixteen games. Game when he broke his foot, yeah it was a coach game, still played too, broke his foot still playing? What was crazy that year? Not a lot of people talk about.
Speaker 7: I know what was going on?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Yeah, I just remember him. I remember that. I remember the play and he took a shoe off. I was like, what's wrong, it's like my foot? My fuck there? Because he was.
Speaker 7: Playing, I'm coming.
Speaker 1: I thought he was. He said, bro messed up my foot? Like he played in eight games that year?
Speaker 7: Eight games.
Speaker 3: And again, what I was trying to say that not a lot of people talk about was, Uh, I had Derek Henry and Jonathan Taylor on my fantasy team.
Speaker 1: A lot of people talk about, how'd you get with him both them? People?
Speaker 3: Uh, since Jonathan Taylor was coming off of his rookie year, I believe he just wasn't somebody who was uh picked up in the first round.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I never played fantasy football. I think it's fun to play group. It's fucking understand like how it works.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'll try to get in a defensive player one so I can pick you and then like I'll be I'll be the one on the internet like either.
Speaker 7: Yelling at you or you can only pick like an entire defense.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: You can play like it's called like IDP individual defensive player to where you based off like tackles, pick sack stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had no clue. Fantasy football is a good time now. I managed a couple of teams. Real, yeah, you mad?
Speaker 1: How'd you fair? How'd you fair? I won this last year? Did you really one? Yes? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Two years ago? Football League Championship. Two years ago I had the most points. Ended up losing in the championship, which really pissed me off. But I got my You still lost that were years ago? Well, because you get into the playoffs. You get you get into the playoffs and then you know it's do or die, it's win or go home. And we ended up losing.
Speaker 5: I had.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of guys go down late in the year, or they might not have played because they were going to play in the playoffs in real life.
Speaker 1: Uh, And so I took a lump and ended up losing the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: But see, see that's where I think that you know, when you obviously being a football player and then you have certain fans that some people are like really fans of the game. They love the game, they love watching the game, love come out to the games. But do you have your fantasy football fans like really only care about their fantasy team and it kind of pisses you off, like oh, like we just need him get over a hundred rush of yards or something like that is like, bro, it's not the way the game went. That's why where our game works. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's just like, hey, I feel you. I think like I think I think like it's like the whole thing with like the gambling stuff, like where I think it was something where some basketball player in college is like that got like crucified, like they was talking crazy on social media because I think they were losing or something like that, and like the guy like pulled her for three and messed up like the spread or something like that the shot and people were pissed. Yeah, like almost like righting him like messed up my spread. Like you know, God's be having these ten play part parlays and stuff like that messed up the parlay.
Speaker 1: Yes, and lives for it. Will lives for a parlay. I live for a good parlay man fifty k.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's that's probably how most of these and just make their money. For God's bet, these.
Speaker 1: Parlays put them out there.
Speaker 7: Bro, it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Hey, you'll know and Will's deep into it when halfway through the season next year will be getting text Hey, so and so playing Hey, what's the deal? What's the game plan with this? This text you to call like sort of gambling is anonymous, you know. I put an effort like voice text so that way it can be uh can't be traced, no names. I try to do my I try to do my due diligence for the week. Hey, you're not a side of it. You know what I'm saying. You have to yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, boys, we interrupt this episode to bring you twisted tea. This is twisted King Louis talking to you right now. Keep it twisted this summer with twisted tea, real brew tea with a kick that's five percent a b V with full of flavor and very refreshing. Twisted tea turns up the heat on any occasion, making the perfect product for any summer occasion. Daytime, nighttime, outdoors, and pool side goes down smooth. There's no carbonation, which makes it easier to drink all day long.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Twisted tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day, keep it twisted, Grab a refreshing twisted tea Today, Twisted King louis out back this episode.
Speaker 1: You try to play, Yeah, you try and play. I was trying to live in both worlds. It didn't work out.
Speaker 3: But it's always funny because I'm more into the side of like the fantasy football and obviously bantering on social media and everything like that, so I always enjoy the memes and the stuff that comes from when the.
Speaker 1: Spread doesn't hit or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listening to the players still like feel You still see that they that they feel the type of way like when they get when they get chirped on the internet crazy.
Speaker 7: I think, in my mind, how you doing, man? You lost a lot of weight, bro, look good.
Speaker 1: Noah, I appreciate you. I'm good. Dude. We've been we've been traveling like crazy, so I've been like, how much way have you lost though. Fans want to know. Yeah, I know, I know. I don't know if I want to tell the fans. Yeah you want to know? Morning this morning, Yeah, this morning, I woke up.
Speaker 2: I was two hundred fifty nine pounds, so I've lost fifty eight pounds. Fifty nine pounds. Wow, Yeah we're moving, dud.
Speaker 7: You know what's going on around? Was going around right now?
Speaker 1: What is like?
Speaker 7: People are saying, like, bro, you can come back like tight end.
Speaker 1: I did I not call you? I call it like first phone call, one of your first phone calls after right after I think it was right after I cut. I was like, bro, what if I come back and play tight end? Or you could be like Mercedes Lewis Brock, that could be something it's worth thinking about.
Speaker 2: And it's not off the table playing off the line, but playing tight end would be sick.
Speaker 1: I think that would be fucking awesome.
Speaker 4: But because like Mercedes Lewis literally was in Green Bay play like three years and literally was like the extra office alignment and literally wasn't elite blocker, Like I remember going to against him and like put his hands on mean I couldn't Like, I'm like, it might be the strongest guy, like.
Speaker 1: A Luke Stalker. Yeah, Luke stocks like that. Here's the issue with that. I'll play your y. You try to put me in an F on the I formation, you can go. We're not doing that. But what we might do is put you on a little elite play block release. Yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 2: I'm all about that. To get in the backfield, play the F he got like Dante high terror. You need to come downhill on an ISO play buddy. I'm good, I'm all set. I've been a tough guy.
Speaker 1: I'm set on that.
Speaker 2: Let me play the why let me cross sift, let me let me take some out. He's some unsuspecting rookie defensive lineman.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's a little doubles, Yeah you know, oh yeah yeah, little people hock, a little triple, a little tray block. You want me to hit the hip of a guy and get up to a linebacker, I got you. If you want me to run from me to JP to hit somebody face to face, I'm solid.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cut him. I'm gonna cut him.
Speaker 2: I got a little neck thing anyway. When I look back to the left, I got a little something. I can't be doing that ship.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the label of rebuilding for the Tennessee Titans. Oh, as somebody who's been you know, obviously you've been with the boys now for seven years. We all understand the culture of Rabel and what goes on inside those walls. Like on the outside it seems like it's a full lawn rebuilding year or the Tennessee Titans. It's somebody who's played for a long time. And you know, yeah, man, I bad. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a rebuild at all. I just think that certain things had to happen as far as certain cuts that we had to make just this off season. And you know, it's funny, and I ain't trying to pivot off your top but or off your question, but looking at the whole Robinson deal and and I feel like it's not really talked about enough. But like obviously he's got her drafted me And I defended him like a mug because back in twenty nineteen went to the Answer Championship game, leaven that game.
Speaker 7: Obviously there was a hell of a run.
Speaker 4: Leaving at that game and leaving that offseason, I felt like he said, and I feel like most people probably have the same sentiment. It's like, we have to get a consistent pass rush. Think about it, we'd had a really great pass rush. Think about the pastors we had maybe in twenty twenty one that we had then was able to you know, my homes was out there running around doing all types of crazy stuff, throwing this right before halftime.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's what it was like.
Speaker 4: Okay, if we just had because guys were hurt and Jess Simmons was still coming to his own. We still had Jirell, but we had in tiar guys, but we just didn't have the outside guys. So twenty twenty Tom vic Beasley obviously that was a miss. We signed Clowny, that was a miss. But I feel like he tried his best to try to He probably seeing in his mind like I had the green light to probably build the best team I possibly could bid because our window is now, I gotta try to win now. And I feel like from their twenty twenty obviously he had some missus, but then he signed Budd and he kept trying to bring in more pieces. Traded for Julio and I think that's fire restructure because we got for Julio whatever, but uh got Julio. And then twenty twenty one, you know, it happened away, it happened, we didn't win, and then you see John and the Combines about to tear upcause they asked them about whatever, because that year we would want a super Bowl, like a one hundred percent believe we didn't want to super Bowl.
Speaker 7: We had destroyed the Chiefs at home.
Speaker 4: We'd had the Chiefs at home that year, and then we was gonna have obviously played the Rams in the Super Bowl, which we destroyed.
Speaker 7: The Rams. Was Sunday night football.
Speaker 3: That was that.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 4: And uh but yeah, just going back and then obviously, you know this year John gets you know, gets fired or whatever, because I think that from all the free agent signs that he made, some worked out, some of them didn't. And then a couple of the draft class where the injuries and things like that, so eventually, you know, we and this you know, he got fired at the Eagles game because honestly, been on the sideline at the Eagles game, it kind of felt like, man, all the injury, it kind of felt hopeless a little not hopeless, but it was like we was literally on the sideline like all the we had and I'm looking at the Eagles and I'm like, bro, they got some elite talent.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: And it kind of felt like at a point, probably in the third quarters, like bro, like this is probably one of the only times I probably played in the game in the NFL where I was like this, like I don't think we can really compete with this team right now. Yeah, I'm just keeping it one hund. I feel like, Bro, we're getting out match right now, and I don't. I don't even think it was like we was getting off coach. That's any coach gonna say, we got our coach, we got all played, all that good stuff, but it was really like, damn, like getting I asked, well, you know what I'm saying, Like it really felt like that. And then obviously John got fired. But I always defend him because I feel like he tried to do what he could to try to, you know, go win the Super Bowl right now. And so, like you said, we talked about a new gym coming in and he's looking at the balance, she's looking at it like he had to.
Speaker 1: Make certain moves.
Speaker 4: But I also feel like he obviously made other moves where he brought us some other officer linemen, Uh Shazier linebackgy some before. I think he's gonna be really good player for us. UH brought in Shaunma Murphy Button as a corner. I think he's gonna be a really good player for us too. So I know, from the outside, it looks like, oh, we let go of all these guys and we didn't bring in some other big name players that you know, obviously everybody wants to bring because that's that's what fans look at it, look at big name guys. We we ain't sign nobody big. We didn't do anything to help out, But we all know what Rable was about. Bro, Like you know what I'm saying, I just felt like Verbel in his mindset. Obviously Vrabel was a guy that wasn't you know. Obviously he was an All American in the House, State and everything, but you look at his career path and just how you always had to grind it out, you know what I'm saying. He was one of the boys and one of the guys in New England. But they had a lot of great players in that team too, and he was always just that grinder. And I think that the type of culture that we have on the team. We talk about all time, like it don't really matter when you got drafted, how high, how much money you make, and all this other stuff. It's all about what you do when you get here and just being around there for the you know, the three days in mini camp, bro like, it was very very competitive. You know what I'm saying, That's the type of quote that you want. And honestly, personally, I wouldn't say I prefer, but I like to go in the year with everybody doubting this to be like, oh, y'all just gonna suck this shit, because it was like that for the longest us being on team. What what we always do, We always very recent were achieved exactly always overachieved, and we kind of always, uh, I don't want to say live the expectations of expectation that we was gonna suck, but we obviously always over overachieved. So I kind of feel that building up as far as just the mentality team, the culture of the team is that you know, we're obviously going to be underdogs. Nobody's wishing us and you know, saying we're gonna win this. I remember twenty nineteen the year we went to the SCUY Championship game. Who was the offseason darlings. It was the Cleveland Browns. Everybody was like, Bro, Cleveland Brown's people to win, to suw better going to the super Bowl first game of the year, we destroyed them.
Speaker 7: So I just think that it's the mentality of our team.
Speaker 4: It doesn't really matter when guys get drafted how they got on a team that if it's undrafted, whether we sign them during it.
Speaker 1: Don't matter when we signed them. Like, it's all about what you do when you get here.
Speaker 4: And I think that guys like myself, Derek Jeff, just the culture of the guys that we have the best players practice the hardest, we work the hardest, we put in the most time. Everybody buys into that. So I don't think it matters about because we all know, Bro, if you're an NFL you're talented. We're all talented, you know what I'm saying. Like some guys don't have the name. I was a guy who didn't have no name. I was a third round pick for Midletonnessee State and look where I am now. Like, it's not about what you what you did before you was here. It's all about what you do when you get here and why you're here. So I'm confident this year, honestly, bro like and at the end of the day, I put it on my shoulders too, like, like we're gonna be good this year. I had to play well. Yeah, the best players have to play well for us to be great. That's just the bottom line.
Speaker 1: So real talk.
Speaker 7: But it's just real though, like this gotta play well.
Speaker 4: Like any year that we was really good, all our best players play great, and so you can't expect to be good and our best players don't play well. So for myself, for Derek and Jeff, we all have lofty goals personally, but as a team. You know what I'm saying, we have to carry this team because this team is gonna go anywhere without its leaders.
Speaker 7: So that's my mentality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we appreciate you coming on. It's been working over two hours. Yeah, and it's flown by too by. It's been a hell of a pod. We'll have to get you back on again for sure. In the middle of the season.
Speaker 4: Or when I first got on here about it took y'all so long to bring me back on here. I felt a little way about it Oh, hang on, we can talk to us, We can talk to you.
Speaker 1: It sounds like communication was like I didn't know you wanted to come on.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm not talking about just as Austin. I'm talking out over the years, Okay, been a while. Yeah, you know it was on the first.
Speaker 7: Couple of pots, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some guys had double backed.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some guys have double backed.
Speaker 1: Recurring, the recurring, recurring guys.
Speaker 7: And I was just waiting for you guys that you know, I was waiting for that call.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: It is like now when first team All Pro, you guys didn't call me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we didn't want to think. We didn't want you to think we were just asking because all of a sudden you made first team on Pro. I feel we're all about being friends here and I did. And if you want to know about you know, calling, I did calling March. We talked about how I called the March and you did, and he said, I'll get back to you. I'll get back to you. And here we are.
Speaker 1: So it was the spicy you know what I was going on. That's true. I feel you're one of the ogs.
Speaker 3: And it's been a minute, it's been put in the effort to get you back on the bus, so I can. I can respect you.
Speaker 4: You want to bitter or salty because I'm really I'm really just teasing this guys business.
Speaker 1: I understand you. You're checking us right now. We Yeah, but I just had to let that be known.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't have felt, you know, leaving the pot, wouldn't feel good with myself.
Speaker 1: I just didn't put that out there in the air. That's fair.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one of the original boys.
Speaker 4: You know you are.
Speaker 1: There's no question I got on the pod. Y'all went this way. It wasn't quite the escent. We'll get you back on, dude. You can come on whenever you want.
Speaker 3: We appreciate all this, seeing this conversation and everything like this was this was a good time.
Speaker 1: I was dope, man. Appreciate you boys, man,