Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at Comedy Center, It's America's only source for news.
Speaker 1: This is the daily Joke with your host Jazzy Lin.
Speaker 2: Welighting.
Speaker 3: You've got so much to talk about tonight. The right pretends invading Greenland isn't weird as hell. We've got tips for maintaining your insurrection. And you won't believe this, But New Yorkers are complaining about something. But first, Donald Trump is reminding people what his special brand of leadership looks like. So let's get into our continuing coverage of Trump. Two point zero coming for the White House.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: Let's kick things off with President elect Donald Trump. He's not even on America's payroll yet, but he's already causing chaos for free.
Speaker 5: What a workaholic.
Speaker 3: As you've probably heard, Trump has decided that his first big policy proposal will.
Speaker 5: Be buying or perhaps invading Greenland.
Speaker 3: It's the kind of nonsense no one should take seriously, but Trump said it, so I guess we're all doing this it.
Speaker 1: We'll be exciting that Greenland was part of the United State.
Speaker 5: I think that the people of Greenland should be honored.
Speaker 3: This to me could be Donald Trump's Louisiana purchase, same size as the l Xiana purchase in square miles Greenland. Strategically, it makes sense because it's the It's halfway point between our country and the UK, so it would make.
Speaker 5: Sense to have that for war purposes. Yes, war purposes.
Speaker 3: I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I guess we should annex any place that's halfway between us and somewhere else.
Speaker 5: This is just so sad.
Speaker 3: I know she's trying to be supported, but you could tell even Ainsley thinks this is a bad idea, And this is a lady excited to marry Sean Hannity, can you imagine how exhausting it is to treat every one of Trump's dumb ideas like it's.
Speaker 5: A work of art. Oh, sweetheart, what a beautiful drawing. It looks like the Louisiana purchase.
Speaker 6: I want to put it.
Speaker 5: On the fridge.
Speaker 3: But while the Pentagon draws up plans for war against puffins, Trump is giving us a reminder about what his leadership looks like during times of crisis. Because while everyone else is deeply concerned with what's going on in Los Angeles Right now, Trump is handling the tragedy like this statesman.
Speaker 5: That he is.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump is now weighing in on the horrific fires in Los Angeles County, and he's laying the blame on California's Democratic governor in.
Speaker 7: A social media post, referring to the governor as news scum and writing he is the blame for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the midst of chaos, Donald Trump is taking action by opening up the strategic nickname reserves. Thank you, sir, Although quick question for Trump, do you mean new scum or news come?
Speaker 6: I'm your comment, got it.
Speaker 3: Even though we can't count on the incoming president, some people are stepping up. And it's always heartening to see everybody coming out to help their neighbors. And I do mean everybody.
Speaker 8: It's important announcement. I wonder if I could just make here on Palisades Drive, if anybody has a car and they leave their car, leave the keys in the car, so a guy like me can move your cars and get them up there so that so that these fire trucks can get up there. It's really really important.
Speaker 1: Thank you for talking to deal with live, sir. What's her name?
Speaker 8: Is my name?
Speaker 1: Is Steve Gutenberg.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, Steve Gutenberg, the actor, Steve Gutenberg moving abandoned cars out of the way for firefighters.
Speaker 5: That is amazing. Okay.
Speaker 3: And not only that, but if anyone abandons a baby, he and two other men will raise it for them, Hi Jinkswill and Sue. Of course, as great as that is to see, officials are warning that now that the fire has reached Steve Gutenberg, it's only two degrees from Kevin Bacon. Now, if you're wondering why Trump isn't focused on helping Californians, it's because he's focused on the people who need him most, his insurrectionists.
Speaker 9: Trump didn't rule out pardons for those who were charged with committing acts of violence in January sixth, twenty twenty one. Are you planning to pardon those who were charged with violent offensive?
Speaker 1: Well, we'll looking at it.
Speaker 3: We'll be looking at the whole thing, but I'll be making major pardons.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: On the one hand, it's absolutely shameful that Trump would pardon these rioters, but you have to remember these people are his rider dies. They stormed to the Capitol and they shot on a desk for him. No one's ever shot on a desk for me, not once, and I took out a Craigslist ad.
Speaker 6: For him.
Speaker 5: It's all about loyalty.
Speaker 3: Plus he's going to need a personal army for when he invades Greenland. Those puffers aren't gonna pepper spray themselves. Plus he also wants to give insurrection.
Speaker 5: It's a little treat.
Speaker 3: They must have been so disappointed when January sixth came around this year and they didn't get the chance to riot. But for anyone out there who over prepared for this year's January sixth, there are still some options for you.
Speaker 7: You were ready to storm the Capitol, but then Donald Trump won the election. Now what do you do with all that insurrection gear? No problem, You can just repurpose all that stuff you were going to patriotically and democracy with. Have too many zip ties, make a belt to carry your tools, or create a timeless necklace for your wife. That extra pepper spray can spice up your dinner. Leftover stun gun now a car battery jumper. Use a pipe bomb as a dumbbell, And instead of using that flagpole to beat cops, try using it as a flagpole. That horn helmet is your new coat rack. But keep all that lumber you bought to Bill Gallows, because hanging Mike Pence is always an option. This message was brought to you by your local hardware store. We don't accept returns. Next time, we'll discuss how to get vaccines out of your body.
Speaker 3: Back to find out why New Yorkers are not walking here, Ford Garways.
Speaker 5: Welcome Mac to the daily show.
Speaker 3: Windsor in New York is always a magical time to freeze your tits off, But this winter the city is adding something extra special.
Speaker 10: Tonight, a first in the nation toll called congestion pricing now an effect in New York City. Millions of drivers paying nine dollars to access the busiest part of Manhattan south of sixtieth Street.
Speaker 5: Huh, that makes sense. One clap.
Speaker 3: One person here thinks that makes sense.
Speaker 5: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: If you charge more to drive in the city, the roads get less congested.
Speaker 5: Who could have a problem with that.
Speaker 1: It's horrible, horrible tonight.
Speaker 10: They're coming down on the hard people that are trying to work and make money.
Speaker 8: I dropped my wife off at the apartment on sixtieth Street, and I got to pay nine dollars extra to do that.
Speaker 1: I was putting that bill together, and you can see a psychiatrist.
Speaker 5: See a psychiatrist.
Speaker 3: This is New York, pal, everyone's already saying a psychiatrist.
Speaker 5: Look, I get it.
Speaker 3: New York is already a crazy extensive place to live. The only reason I had kids was so I could split the rent with someone. And I guess for some commuters who don't have other options, this could be a real hardship. But not everyone who's complaining is quite so sympathetic.
Speaker 2: It really hits home because I live right here on sixth first Street, in this building, and my car is right there parked in front of my building. And if I want to go to turn around to go uptown to visit my kids who live on seventy ninth Street, I have to pay nine dollars to go around the block.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess that's settled. I'll never see my kids again. Buddy, driving is not the only way to get across twenty blocks. You could take the subway or the bus, or have you considered legs, legs the ford f one point fifty of the body. But some people aren't just complaining. They're taking action, although not action like taking mass transit.
Speaker 5: I mean action like crime.
Speaker 11: The motorists are coming up with clever ways to avoid those tool cameras planted strategically around the city. This brazen driver removed his plates altogether.
Speaker 3: Wait, how is that clever? He just took off his license plate. So that's clever. But when I avoid my taxes by telling the irs that I'm dead, I'm a wanted felon.
Speaker 5: Come on, it's not right. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Removing the license plates isn't clever? Now covering your car in license plates that that would be clever. But regardless, don't commit crimes all right, because Mayor Eric Adams doesn't need another thing to worry about.
Speaker 12: Mayor Eric Adams laughed off a question asking him to assess how it's working so far, but he also reminded New Yorker's congestion pricing wasn't his idea.
Speaker 6: I have ninety nine problems, you know.
Speaker 5: Ninety nine problems.
Speaker 3: I think those are called indictments. I don't know if ninety nine problems is a song. People associate most with Eric Adams. I'd go with in the club or a club can't handle me, or I'm under investigation for bribes from Turkey. Real hip hop heads know that one look, I know that this is a big change, and I get that there are some drivers who are worried about the safety on the subway. But the more people who use the subway, the less room the subway masturbators will have to masturbate, so it works out for everyone. We'll see how it all turns out, although so far the news has been pretty positive.
Speaker 11: The Lincoln Tunnel moving well, it's almost unheard about this hour to see that.
Speaker 5: So it could be that congestion pricing has gotten people off the road.
Speaker 3: Look at that it's working. And yes, it's only been a few days. So I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'm pretty sure that there will ever be any problems in New York.
Speaker 5: Ever.
Speaker 3: Again, of course, in a city this big, there's bound to be a variety of opinions about congestion pricing, so we sent Josh Johnson to the streets to get some of them.
Speaker 13: New Yorkers disagree on a lot of things Yankees sources, mets, pizza toppings, whether you can poop on the subway or not. But now there's one thing ripping New Yorkers of heart more than ever.
Speaker 5: Congestion pricing is official.
Speaker 1: Drivers are now paying to dry us out of sixtieth Street.
Speaker 6: I had to pay the congestion pricing.
Speaker 13: How do you feel about it?
Speaker 6: Not too happy cars or congestion pricing cars, both the cars.
Speaker 9: I don't like the idea of all of those New Jersey keeople being.
Speaker 13: Taxed so hearly do you think that maybe it should go the other way? Maybe New York shill have to pay nine dollars to get into Jersey.
Speaker 6: Absolutely not all.
Speaker 5: He wants to go to Jersey unless they have.
Speaker 13: To, Because yeah, because cars are very important because as a New Yorker, how old are you going to get where you need to be besides the subway or the or the bus or a bike or like a petticab or the horse drawn carriage. Scooters, segues, moler blades are in again, solo wheels, piggyback rides, you know, from nice walking, walking with a purpose, and yeah, yeah, we need more options.
Speaker 4: We know they need the money for the MTA. It's supposedly raised fifty million dollars a year, so you know, I definitely feel okay to the city doing this.
Speaker 13: What type of improvements would you made to the MTA?
Speaker 2: Regular service that's completely reliable.
Speaker 10: Teleportation.
Speaker 13: Teleportation is actually way more likely than the regular service.
Speaker 14: The first thing I would love to fix is that we have lights everywhere. I don't have to be afraid to walk in the dark tunnel when I get off the work at night.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 14: I would also like to have them have some people maybe help the people that I see walking around naked.
Speaker 13: I'm very sorry about that. Was that was me and that was a hot day. I mean, maybe they could use some of the money put like some glade plugins in the subway cars. That'd be a huge improvement right there.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing because of the crime rate in the subway, it's probably not the number one priorities, I guess.
Speaker 13: But if I'm being mugged on the subway and it also stinks, that's two bad.
Speaker 7: Things happen to me.
Speaker 13: At the same time, I want to get robs somewhere clean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think hygienus important.
Speaker 13: One of my biggest hopes is that with less cars, with less congestion, right, it'll make airic Adams trying to go away from the figs a much cooler chase. You got that, He'll be born supremacy level Chase. So I mean less cars means less noise. Who would have thought with less noise, I can finally hear jackhammers, I can hear sirens. I can hear like views and screams and stuff. Yeah, but about that's that's that's you know, that's showing love in New York.
Speaker 1: So you know I walk around you to this camera. That's showing love.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 6: How good to let you know?
Speaker 13: Now I are you in New York? But you're really alive. Yeah, we're going part ways.
Speaker 5: You too.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Thanks, you can he come back, you can leaves. We'll be joining me on the show. Welcome that the Baby Show.
Speaker 3: My guest tonight is the president of the American Institute for Boys and Men, an author of the Book of Boys and Men. Why the Modern Man is Struggling, Why and what to do about it? Please welcome Richard Reeves.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for being here.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I sure appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Now, this Book of Boys and Men is a reboot of Mice and Men?
Speaker 15: Correct, right, So I thought I'd go back to a literary canon and turn it into a book with so many charts in it. You remember of Mice and Men, didn't have any charts.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 5: It was so much You made that change.
Speaker 3: And I've always felt the problem was with the mice, so you you prodected.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I.
Speaker 5: Guess none of these questions are going to work. Start from the beginning.
Speaker 3: You've spent most of your career researching gender inequality, poverty, family policy, and a lot of your research which led you to write this book, which was on Obama's reading list over the summer.
Speaker 5: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: I never thought I would say this, but could you man explain this issue to me?
Speaker 15: Absolutely, I'd be very happy to. I should say, actually, it was very nice that President Obama did mention it. It was interesting that happened in twenty twenty four. The book came out in twenty twenty two. I am not going to criticize President Obama right here.
Speaker 5: Well he's never been on TREPSA.
Speaker 15: But I just wondered if it was took a little bit of a while for the subject area to become almost one that he could talk about publicly, because I think part of the problem here, and this is where I'll start Man's plaining, please, is that I think a lot of people, especially women, feel like to talk about the problems of boys and men somehow means you've joined the other side, but somehow that means you've turned against women. But somehow to support women's rights and women's concerns about healthcare or the pay gap or the lack of women in politics means that you then can't care about how your son's doing in school, about your brother's mental health issue, or about your husband's job.
Speaker 1: And that is insane.
Speaker 15: But it is the way that this debate about gender is in danger of being framed, and has been for the last few years, which is you've got to choose, and if you want to care about women, you're not allowed to care about men, and sometimes the other way around too, and that's just crazy. But I think it's part of the problem, and so the book and the work in some ways, I think I saw too many people who were talking about the issues of boys and men doing so that led them almost immediately to say, and I know who's to blame, the women, the feminists. So if I'm struggling, it's because you're sitting there right, it's because you're doing better. And that whole zero sum frame, I think is just getting in the way of a better conversation about it, because most people are perfectly capable.
Speaker 1: Of thinking two thoughts at once. They can worry about women, but that's not why they are women.
Speaker 3: I'm glad of you address it, because I think there is that feeling among feminists, particularly in this moment in time, when reproductive rights are in peril and there's the you know, equal pay and all kinds of that.
Speaker 5: Women are not the feeling.
Speaker 3: The immediate gut reaction is, well, let me grab the world's tiniest vile in like, so sorry, roll your eyes a bit, right, roll your eyes a little bit, but you're absolutely right, and then two things can be true at the same time.
Speaker 15: Yes, I get that feeling. I think it's actually important not to dismiss that feeling. I think that anybody who doesn't find this a slightly difficult conversation, like, how do we talk about the rising suicide rates among men, the falling wages among men, the troubles that boys are having at school. How do we do that in a way that makes sure that we don't in any way let up the work we still need to do for women. So I get that. I think it should be a difficult conversation. But just because it's difficult doesn't mean we shouldn't have it because someone's having it, and they're having it online.
Speaker 1: And I, you know, I'm.
Speaker 15: Afraid that the discomfort that many people have had because of their support for women in just acknowledging that there are lots of ways in which a lot of men, especially young men, are also not doing great today. Just failing to acknowledge that it leaves a massive open space for a bunch of other people to come along, possibly online, and say you are struggling, that's the women's fault, come to my website, or vote for me or whatever. And so the neglect of male problems is not good, not only not for men, but in the long run, it's not good for any of us either. It just creates a massive vacuum in our culture and in our politics. And so I'm very frustrated. I understand the hesitation, but unless you go past the hesitation and have this kind of conversation, the fact that we lose forty thousand men a year to suicide in the US now, and that it's risen most among young men since twenty ten, the fact that that's a problem doesn't mean that the gender pay gap isn't also a problem, And I'm sorry for anybody who says I have to choose between caring about those two things, and I'm only allowed to care about one of them.
Speaker 1: Is no one's friend. And I don't care if on the.
Speaker 16: Left all the right you have to ride together, particularly in this moment in time, coming out of the election, I think many people thought that this election was going to be a referendum on reproductive rights, and as it turned out, it was a referendum on how poorly young people are doing, particularly young men.
Speaker 3: What do you think Trump's win says about modern American masculinity in this moment.
Speaker 15: Well, I think the first thing is to say, of course, it was about lots of things, and we're all in danger of Like I've written a book about men, and so it's in my interest to say it was all about men. I don't think it was mostly about that. But to the extent, we saw a big gender gap among young people, especially in voting. So we saw young women move a little bit to the right, but young men moved a lot to the right in this last elections, the biggest gender gap we've seen in that generation. I think what that says is that simply by signaling to men, especially to young men, we see you, we like you, we're on your podcasts, et cetera. That was in contrast to a Democrat message that basically didn't have anything for men in it, because it was a sense of like, we're the women's party, we're going to double down on women's rights. And again it's not that that's there's anything wrong with that, but if that's all young men heard, and then you've got these guys over here saying, yeah, we can see you, we can hear you, and we're going to go on the podcast that you're listening to, etc. Well, in the end, in politics, something usually beats nothing. And on the Democrat side, I'm afraid to say we heard deafening silence on these issues because of that fear that that would somehow undermine their claim to be a party that was on.
Speaker 1: Behalf of women.
Speaker 15: And actually, what we need is a political party and political leaders who are on all our sides and.
Speaker 1: Who don't frame up the who care about your son and your daughter.
Speaker 3: We can see how the Democrats kind of misstepped in that area, and there's room for growth.
Speaker 5: What do you think the Conservatives are getting wrong?
Speaker 1: Their view is that well.
Speaker 15: To be fair, what we get right is they have noticed in some way some of the struggles that men have, and they then make the move of saying, and we know why, it's because of women's rights, it's because of feminism. It's because it's because of the rise of women over here that we've seen the fall of men over here. That is completely untrue, Like we rise together or we don't rise at all. Right, we're gonna have families together, we're gonna we're gonna make TV shows together. As a society, we can't flourish if either men or women are floundering.
Speaker 1: We need both to do well.
Speaker 15: And so what the conservatives do is identify the real problems in many cases of boys and men and then completely falsely and inaccurately say that's the fault of women or the rise of women, and so we.
Speaker 1: Have to go back.
Speaker 15: And so the problem is that so many people feel like there's a right, a reactionary right that says we need to go back to the way it was when you you know, your father was around your grandfather.
Speaker 3: Let's go make amain, Let's make America male again.
Speaker 15: Right, Let's bring back the bread winner male and women who know their place and all of that, because it was kind of simple then so they harken back. But on the left there's a sense of like, well, actually, maybe we don't need men. Maybe men are toxic, and so maybe you should be more like your sister. And actually, if men are given the choice between becoming their father or their grandfather and becoming.
Speaker 1: Their sister, then no wonder they're lost.
Speaker 15: And so we have to find a way to talk about masculinity and men and what's happening to them in a way that is entirely compatible with gender equality, that doesn't give any ground at all on what we need to do for gender equality, but also doesn't say, and I'm afraid people do do this. They say men don't have problems. Men are the problem. And if we continue to just see men as problems rather than also having problems, then it's going to be a very very difficult time for us over the next few years.
Speaker 5: You have.
Speaker 3: You have strong feelings about the term toxic masculinity, Is that what's your toxic masculinity speaking?
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 15: It's very hard to know, isn't it.
Speaker 1: To find someone?
Speaker 15: Well, I didn't used to be so against it, but actually What I noticed is that when you go into a conversation with men and you have that deficit frame, right, So it's basically, how can make you less toxic?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 1: I have a vision for you.
Speaker 15: You could be a non toxic man. That's not very inspiring. I raised three boys to their twenties, and I hope I did a better job of saying, in the future, boys, you might be actually not poisonous.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be amazing?
Speaker 5: It's such a fair point.
Speaker 15: So it actually it pushes men away from a productive conversation. You put those two words next to each other. And it also has now become so broadened as a term. It used to be using a very specific way around crime and so on. And it basically didn't exist before twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Like the term. No one had heard the term before twenty sixteen. And of course we kind.
Speaker 15: Of know why it might have comeon.
Speaker 3: Happened in twenty sixteen to inspire that.
Speaker 15: Well, actually, one thing is one thing happened twenty sixteen is I become a US citizen.
Speaker 3: Oh when a time in America and I can make it all agree, how great things have gone?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 15: Here UK by background, and so it drives men away. But actually, more fundamentally, I think that it gets us into a place where we are just saying, how can we take out the bad stuff from men? And that's in no way, of course, to say that we don't need men to kind of do better and step up. But I think that the idea that masculinity itself might have something kind of wrong with it is intellectually wrong but also politically incredibly dangerous. If you want people to really lean into an identity, what you do is you pathologize it. What you do is you say something wrong with being that, and then watch what people do. And so if you want men actually to think less about their masculinity, parade their masculinity less, perform their masculinity less, don't talk about it as toxic, that's a recruiting sergeant for the reactionaries if you do that. So it's an incredibly ineffective and I actually think now an offensive term and which simply stop using it.
Speaker 5: Will you walk us through.
Speaker 3: Your Girl's rule boys droel theory in your in your book, I don't think I call it that well, I think that's how I read it.
Speaker 1: Is how I read it.
Speaker 5: Girl's Rule Boys.
Speaker 6: Drowl maybe it was.
Speaker 5: It was just technically girls rule chat.
Speaker 1: I think you're a woman's plaining my book.
Speaker 5: It might be a woman's plaining your book. Tipper cat, tipper cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So in the education system now we have huge gender gaps favoring girls and women. That's relatively new. I mean, that's happened in the last twenty thirty years. But now if you look at high schools, like the top ten percent of high school students, two thirds of them are girls. There's actually a bigger gender gap on college campuses today in the US than there was in the nineteen seventies. But it's the other way around, right, So it's sixty forty female male now on college campuses. And I think a big part of the reason for that is, I'll use your language of rule and drool, which is like, as every parent can tell you, on average, boys just grow up a little bit later. They mature a little bit later, and I'm not pathologizing them for that.
Speaker 5: Do they ever catch up?
Speaker 15: The very good chart I have on this in my book, it only goes up to the age of twenty five, and we haven't caught up by twenty five?
Speaker 6: Oh wow?
Speaker 15: The chart runs out and it's actually around things like and this probably when it come as a surprise to any but it's stuff like organizational skill, Like it's stuff like turning your homework in or remembering to pick up your dry cleaning a little bit later. And it's just on the average, like men and boys are just not.
Speaker 1: As quite developed.
Speaker 15: One of the reasons to that, by the way, is that girls enter puberty about a year earlier and that triggers some brain development. And so the very short version of this, and I'm not a biochemist, so I hope this is basically right. Puberty causes this bit of your brain to grow, and this bit of your brain is a bit that tells you to turn in your chemistry homework. Right, that was a bit of a simplification, but basically what that means is the average fifteen year old girl sixteen year old girl is older than the average fifteen year old boy in terms of her development. I think that's why we see some of these education gaps now. And the reason we didn't see them before was because we were so busy holding girls down in the education system that we couldn't see that. But I think as we've made the education system a bit more equal. What we've actually seen is this greater maturity of girls just stops to show up.
Speaker 3: So what are some tangible solutions that could help fix this problem?
Speaker 15: Well, in the education system, I feel the thing I probably feel most strongly about is the fact that the cratering share of male teachers has to be reversed. So since the eighties, we've seen the share of male teachers in our classrooms go from thirty three percent to twenty three percent. There are now more women in stem than there are men in teaching. The first is great, and we need to do more, But how can we just watch the share of men in our classrooms go down and down?
Speaker 1: In town?
Speaker 15: My son has actually who struggled himself in school. He's actually just started working as a fifth grade teacher in Baltimore, And I couldn't be.
Speaker 1: Proud of all that. I couldn't talent, but.
Speaker 15: He actually he struggled to go to school when he was at school. So I did remind him as a teacher he will have to go. But that's one and we need hundreds of thousands more male teachers because I think if we want boys to feel just as we want girls to feel, the educations for them, that schools for them. We can't just watch the share of men in our classrooms go down and down and down every year and not do anything about it. And so I applaud the Biden administration's push for a million women into construction. I applaud all their pushes for women into stem et cetera.
Speaker 1: That's terrific.
Speaker 15: Where are the initiatives to get men into teaching, men into mental health care? Those are just as important, and we cannot underrepresent men in those key professions. And my son's an end of one. We just need about another million men to get into teaching. I've done my bit well.
Speaker 3: From your lips to God's ears, thank you for coming on. Thank you for having this conversation with me. It's an important one and I hope we all continue having it. Here we go, Please consider supporting the California Fire Foundation. They are working on the ground with local fire agencies and community organizations to provide support to residents. If you can, please donate at the link below now here it is here.
Speaker 5: Moment of Sin and.
Speaker 11: David back to the President elects demands to take over the Panama Canal, Greenland and Canada Tonight the Prime Minister of Denmark, which owns Greenland, is declaring Greenland is not for sale and will not be in the future either, and Canada's Justin Trudeau is saying there.
Speaker 5: Isn't a snowballs chance in how that.
Speaker 11: Canada would become part of the United States.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven.
Speaker 1: Ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 4: Paramount Podcasts