Speaker 1: It's nine one Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. This is it, you, guys. This week, we have a very exciting guest. Donna's got some beef with her, but we're gonna get through it. I feel like it's gonna be really good. We have Natalia Seglauty joining us today for all of the Donna David fans out there, and she played Chloe.
Speaker 2: Chloe.
Speaker 1: Hello, so fun.
Speaker 3: Old friend, but what is time?
Speaker 1: But this is nice to see you you guys too.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: We were just watching you sing as Luther Vandross's opening act and you were so good.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this is so funny. And there's just so many funny little stories about this. Yeah, this whole thing, which is amazing.
Speaker 3: How did it happen? I know, I was just trying to tell Jen, there's so many connections with you that is just wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, it's I'm so excited and so thank you so much for asking me to do this because it's just so fun to go down memory lane and yeah, it's just incredible because basically, so first of all, obviously I was on Save.
Speaker 3: By the Bell the New Class, which is crazy, so Tiffany was on Save by the Bell. Then you were on Saved by the Bell the New Class, That's right. It's like so meta. And then here you are in nine O two one oh and you're both there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So what happened was I went to like I think it was either your brother's party or something something in the nineties at bar one and your dad was there and he was like, you're gonna be on nine O two one zero, and I was like, oh, okay. And then like a week later the audition came through and he was there of course, and and like I booked it.
Speaker 3: It's just so funny. That's exactly how it happened for me too. It's I was trying to remember, how did I meet you? You were friends with Randy.
Speaker 2: Right, and well through another friend that was friendly with him, so we.
Speaker 3: I think, I don't want to say that friend's name or no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her name is Shana Shanna through the Muldoon's.
Speaker 3: Wait, Shana muldoone yeah. Wait. So I dated her brother, Patrick Muldoon, and then I became friends with Shana, and then Shanna and Randy were like, you know, friends and together whatever, and then I couldn't and then you knew us through Shana.
Speaker 2: I think I think that was the first way, Like, like I said, back in the nineties when we were all free to go out and.
Speaker 3: About wait and I couldn't remember if you dated my brother. But no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Okay no no, yeah, I just just friendly And I was always I was working on the show, so like you know, doing stuff around you know, la from doing from going from Stave by the Bell to Yeah, it was like it felt like such a graduation too, by the way, booking this job and like going from Bell tonight and two, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I can't believe you were plucked out of bar one by Aaron Spelling himself.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was like so cool.
Speaker 2: It's like unbelievable. And then because I didn ido too, and oh, I basically got offered to do the role in Pacific Palisades.
Speaker 3: Which was also my dad show. They remembering this, right, did you? And Trevor Edmund played boyfriend girlfriend in Pacific Palisades. Yes, that's yes, right too, Yes, that's right. So last week we saw the episode where he holds down a hostage and then I don't know if you remember this, he and I went dated in real life, went on because he brought me to Pacific Palisades premiere. Oh you guys did, and you and I were friends in real life. And this whole thing is just madness.
Speaker 2: It's it's so wild, it really is, and just like again, just such a fun time because you know, we were all free to sort of bop around and you know, not be chase by cameras and all the things. Really just like you know, the last grade decade I say always about the absolutely yeah, and the show was incredible everybody. I think it was also the two hundredth episode and so Jason uh Priestley directed it. One of the four that I did was the two hundredth episode too, which time that's crazy. It's wild, you know, to think like this kind of longevity for series is just not a thing really, you know as much. And I'm yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Did you know that your character was coming on to play David Silver's love interest?
Speaker 2: So I knew that there was like the musical connection, and like it was funny because when I I had to go audition for it, of course, I was so nervous because I'm not.
Speaker 3: Even auditioned for it. I thought my dad gave me the role.
Speaker 2: No, he said, you're going to be on it note you want to know? And then like, and then I was brought right in to like because they besides, he offered me the role after I didn't, I know, you want to know? For for Palisades, I didn't have to audition for that one, but Rob me just to you know, meet the people, and he was sitting back. It was so incredible, and so I knew I had to sing. And I was so.
Speaker 3: Nervous, you had to sing in the audition?
Speaker 2: No, because I am not a singer. People always think right, and I'm not, and so I had to live sing in the audition. I was like, you know, I was so nervous that truth be told. This is probably bad. But right before I was like, I didn't know what to do. So I had one of those little airplane bottles of tequila and I just went and then I was like, Okay, I'm going to go in and pretend to sing.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 2: I was because I was so nervous. I didn't know, you know, it just was completely out of my comfort zone in terms of the singing part. The other stuff, you know, is fine, but yeah, so I knew that it was the character was going to be connected with David. And then oh my gosh, when it aired, boy oh boy, the college gals they were not happy aboulp me.
Speaker 3: You know, they did not like you. I was not happy she was with them.
Speaker 1: She was one of those college girls.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing. And I I don't even know what I felt or why I thought. Brian was always Brian to me, so I think any girl that worked with him, I felt jealous on some level. It just okay, So that like really screws with my brain that my dad knew how special he was to me, and then he brought my friend in to play his love interest and there was definite chemistry between the two of you. I feel like I just remember being that Hollywood Hills house and remember seeing him flirt with you, and I was just like.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, and was just in real life or all? Okay?
Speaker 2: I mean I was like I guess I was probably just like eighteen or nineteen years old, So it was it was like incredible just to be on there and to have this role. I was very very nervous too, but it was it was mostly like fun and exciting and also knowing that Tiffany had already started to be on it too. There was you know that that chatter about you know, another Bell alum going into two O. But yeah, when the show aired, I had girls like come up to me, we're still bopping around those bars, like college bels, come up to me and be like, you tried to break up David and Donna, And I was like, I was just playing in the court.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, and you know what happened to like they don't like when Donna is messed with.
Speaker 2: So it was incredible. I was like, holy cow, look at this kind of impact that because also at the time it was like same thing. It was like the binge watching where everybody got together on the night to watch the show, you know, and everybody was so unbelievably invested in these relationships. Yeah, and I think there's even like like something on the internet that literally says like Chloe is the worst.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Oh my god, what did you get recognized for at the time Saved by the Bell the New Class, or.
Speaker 2: Definitely at the time before nine oh two one oh aired, and then even now years like after or now, Yes, it's all it's like it's all the nineties stuff like definitely Saved by the Bell, you know, has this thing because everybody woke up on Saturday mornings, either hungover or not and watched that show. And then of course the popularity of nine oh two one oh, like it just people would come up to me all the time still still you're a n no, you're in the you know, like it's it's it's really incredible. And even as a as a recurring guest, that people you know recognize me from that is it's just amazing.
Speaker 3: It was that important character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you came back. You came back on the reboot of Oh no, I can't say that's sorry.
Speaker 3: You came back on.
Speaker 1: The new nine O two one oh with all the youngsters.
Speaker 3: She could barely say that one either.
Speaker 1: I was only in like three episodes of that, and you were in it also.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was just like a fun thing to do just to kind of continue you know that, and I played, you know after after the nine two.
Speaker 3: All three of us were in that. Oh my gosh, whoa, this.
Speaker 2: Is not so and Tenny, you weren't on Saved by the Bell. So that's the only thing right then, right right, the trifecta. But yeah, it was just like a fun thing to do. I've played many lawyers after I've graduated from nine to one oh on TV. So then when I got the opportunity to do the I guess it wasn't read but it was a what was it? Just a sin not a spin off, but.
Speaker 1: It was a different show.
Speaker 3: It was a different show with our zip code name, right, I guess you'd call it a.
Speaker 1: Spent, a redo spent. I don't know we saw a.
Speaker 3: Spin off because it would have come from our creators.
Speaker 1: They but they owned the rights to the character's names and the.
Speaker 3: I know people are very still upset, and that was a great show in itself. It was just different but the fact they took like O G characters and created storylines for them that were different than they killed.
Speaker 1: Like certain people.
Speaker 3: Who did you work with jen on nine?
Speaker 1: We were we in the same scene?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think no, because I would have I would have remembered that it was I was just like played a lawyer. I honestly don't remember exactly because I just did one episode. That's it, okay, yeah, courtroom stuff and yeah it was quick. I don't even remember what the trial was. I don't, yeah, I don't. It didn't you know, didn't stick as much as as being on the original, you know.
Speaker 3: And then Medic it's even crazier, sorry, J Medic it's even crazier because you went on to Star and Raising the Bar with Mark Paul Gosslarho.
Speaker 1: Of Save by the Bell Face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was so wild too. So like obviously when we did Bell, like they would cross promote, so they went off to college and then they brought it the kids.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so they.
Speaker 2: Went off to college, they brought in the new class, and so they would use the college years to like promote, double promote the shows and everything. So I met everybody when I was a teenager, and so then years later to like book this Stephen Botchko show and with Mark Paul, who is amazing, just an incredible lead actor and incredible you know, number one on the call sheet just is such an amazing like work ethic and standard and that's probably why he does not stop working. It was just amazing, like the fact that we were yeah that he was, and and our characters were love interests on the show too for the two years it was on, So so crazy, Yeah, it was really it was really cool. He's incredible and and that's one of the fa my most favorite projects I've I've worked on besides nine on Tuna.
Speaker 1: No, but it sounds like you you had what was your character? What did you guys? I didn't see that show, but I remember hearing really good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it was about like public defenders and district attorneys and the fact that they were like friends because obviously they're on opposite side. So Mark Paul was a public defender in New York City and then my character was as well. Yeah, I played Regina from from Brooklyn and it was it was amazing, like very legal show, just really great stories and a wonderful time as well. Like that, it didn't get you know, picked up past the two seasons.
Speaker 1: You're married to an actor as well, right, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I met my husband on on his show that he was starring on. My husband's name is Matt Passmore. He was on a show called The Glades. That was and then after that he did a bunch of other shows as well. But The Glades is where we met. I went to go do five episodes and you know.
Speaker 3: He was in Jigsaw, right, Yes, he started I'm horror films.
Speaker 2: Are you, Oh my gosh, amazing. Yes, yeah, I hope that they like do another one of the jigsaws. I think that would be a really cool thing. But yeah, he's an incredibly talented, wonderful he's from Australia. We've been married since twenty sixteen and we have we have a baby, almost four year old. Yeah, I have a twenty year old from my first marriage.
Speaker 3: I didn't know this from my starter marriage.
Speaker 1: When were you married to first?
Speaker 2: So my ex husband and his name is Rob Rizzo from Rhode Island. We're still very like. He was a race car driver and you know, and he was rough island and crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love that so much.
Speaker 3: A twenty year old. I'm so sorry to not know this. Whoa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I have Cayden and he is in college in Florida now. And then I have Cashel, who's almost four.
Speaker 3: When you're out with Caiden, people must think you're like boyfriend girlfriend because you are so young looking still. Oh my gosh, Like, honestly, I don't feel it. That's no one does, but it's wow. Wait and then sorry, you're just like you stand for everything met us. So we have to bring it back again. I love it. So I saw you in Doctor Odyssey, which I loved with Joshua Jackson, who another iconic yes of nineties two thousand like Dawson's Creek. Like hello, it's just like that's your fate. Your fate is like nostallgi reinvented over and over and over with everybody.
Speaker 2: And listen, nowadays people are dying. They're hungry for it, for all of the reboots, everything like that that it brings back, which is wild. It just like it's just like fashion, how you know the nineties fashion is like it just run and center now. But yeah, that was also a great opportunity because you know, obviously as actors, like the pandemic changed the entertainment business completely, and so I was on a TV show. I was on a show called Deputy right before the pandemic. Pandemic happened, show canceled, and then it was like both my husband and I are actors and were like, uh, what to do, like because it just completely changed. So booking this fund recently was so fun and it was just so exciting to be back on set as well, because obviously I had my son and then just kind of like there was a point where I was like, is this it for me? And like am I Am I giving up my career? Like and then I was like no, I just I'm always going to be an actor. It's I can't control auditions coming to me. All I can do is just put forward the best auditions possible and the right thing will come along at the right time. And with Doctor Honesty, it was just so amazing because like everybody was just excited to be on set, so like everybody stayed around. Nobody went back off to their trailers. Everybody just stayed around kind of chatting, cast and you know, and guest stars everybody, and it was just really really cool, fun like, oh right, yes, I love being on set. It's just the best feeling ever.
Speaker 3: I did not know you were in it, and someone said you have to watch Doctor Odyssey, and I was like, okay, So I went to watch and I saw your face pop it up and I got so happy. So I was always like, I'm sorry, I'm probably late to the game here, but I've read so many different things online about Doctor Odyssey coming back, like yes, and I've seen and.
Speaker 2: It was so funny too, because John Oliver does this like hilarious thing about it not being picked up and right now, the last I saw was that it wasn't getting picked up, which I just I think. I the production was incredible, so I just think it was a very very expensive show. Like I felt like we were on yachts, like at the Paramount lot. It was sets were gorgeous. So I don't know. But last I said, like I kind of read that it didn't it hadn't been picked up yet. But which is such a fun work because people loved it too. It's like and Josher loved it too, which was so funny. He's like, this is like you're on a boat, Like why did pick it out right away?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it was so good. Okay, well we'll see, we'll see. Oh my gosh, thank you for being here with us. Wait, wait, what's next?
Speaker 1: I want to know what you're working on next?
Speaker 2: So you know right now. It's funny because, like I said, with my career as an actor, not knowing it it being out of my hands, I actually, you know, like many people, not just actors, but like production had to find what the heck else am I going to do? So I kind of started dabbling in this in like reselling fashion world, and I kind of built a business on this app called what Not. And it's incredible and fun and it blends like, uh, it blends entertainment because I'm like live essentially, I've become like a live streaming like clothing seller in my until the next gig comes around, you know what I mean? Because like I didn't, I've been an actor my whole life. I never did anything else. I was like, I don't know how to do anything with my hands, Like what am I gonna do? Like we have to work, you know when during this quiet time. So I've picked up this kind of like reselling world and I absolutely love it. It's so fun. I like I've sold you know, from clothing to fashion bags, luxury back all the anything. I've literally sold sports.
Speaker 1: We how do we find it?
Speaker 3: I want to see it.
Speaker 2: It's so fun. It's called what Not. So it's this app which is like it's live selling. It's incredible and it's.
Speaker 3: This is wild ie shit you not? Can I say shit?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 3: I could do not. My daughter who was seventeen, told me about this last night and she was like, you would love this, but I haven't gone on it yet and it's you what.
Speaker 2: That Okay, Well listen if you need any because I do. I have like the what not people that you know, because they they've they've been incredibly supportive and and like Kavan d has done shows and like sold all of her like beautiful items and for like a lot of people have done. It's just it's an amazing app And honestly, like for me again as an actor, having no training in anything else, I can be like fun and personable. So I created my little company. It's called Style Lab and and it's it's so it's so it's just fun. Also because it's like fashion based, which I'm obviously being in the entertainment business. I've always been around fashion and then but you know, in my heart of heart, I'll always be an actor. So just kind of like you know, kind of seeing what's out there. And and like I said, putting down auditions, I started having more in person auditions, which has been such a gift to be able to get back in rooms with people, you know, as opposed to sound you yeah.
Speaker 1: That this is it me Yepacher.
Speaker 3: You've had an unbelievable life so far.
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling you and your daughtership to a kitchen life. Selling is like huge in China. It's been like it's an incredible again for me, it's changed my life because I couldn't I couldn't sit around waiting for auditions to come along, you know what I mean. And there was like and so just kind of I was like, what do I have? I have a lot of stuff that I've collected around here. So it started with just my you know, my old Louisvton bags that I didn't want to my old whatever things. And then I was like, oh, this could actually be like a fun little side hustle. And it turned into like a little main hustle and I love it. So it's so fun and plus there's a chat. It's engaging. You know, there's some comedy that happens because you're on your toes, so there's just like it's really cool. Yeah, if you want any information on it, of course, reach out to me because I'm.
Speaker 1: Happy so good, this is good. You have the best energy. I think I buy anything from you.
Speaker 3: So this sounds so crazy that Stella was like, you should reach out to that as well.
Speaker 2: Oh without a doubt. Yeah, oh my god, I'm gonna tell them that I chatted with you about it.
Speaker 1: Wait wait if you went on to our what what would you sell your beanie baby collection?
Speaker 2: You can sell anything.
Speaker 3: This is turning into nutso land Jen. I just found it yesterday and the bo is like, can I have them? And I was like, this is how many are there? There's like two hundred.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Don't give him to them, sell them.
Speaker 3: No, you should get into boat. They're not worth anything anymore. I mean, we can try. That is so funny. I just have so much, so many clothes that I kept since the nineties, oh my and the nineties, and also clothes that, like I feel like represent different times in my life that maybe are not really me anymore, like oh for sure, Yeah, I don't wear florals really anymore, like long dresses, but like I love all.
Speaker 2: That would pop off on the app people.
Speaker 1: Here you are on the cover of Latino Future.
Speaker 3: Look how beautiful you are. You are a force.
Speaker 2: Am No, thank you guys, cry, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Hot ta.
Speaker 3: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy to hear you like fulfilled even though you had a little bit of it, and like you just seem like, no matter what happens, You're gonna make the best of it. And you're gonna have fun. I think you have a great energy. Don't you feel it? Tour?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh my gosh, I always did. I'm sorry I was jealous of you back in the day coming and she forgives you, she forgives you and your character.
Speaker 2: But I am like so grateful, like that moment, you know, from your dad just to literally just to say that, you know, you just I was just like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a good night.
Speaker 1: That is a good thing.
Speaker 2: I mean that never happened anytime ever. And he was just like, you're gonna be on as you or no, And I was like, oh oh oh, like me, Like.
Speaker 3: He was good about that. He always kept his promises, very loyal.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know. And then to yeah, continue and then offer me Pacific palisades, which was so much fun and but yeah, just incredible. So it is all so full circle right now.
Speaker 3: Good for you.
Speaker 1: So happy to see you still beautiful, smile, happy energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh I'm so grateful.
Speaker 3: Still the best voice.
Speaker 1: Keep up that singing career.
Speaker 2: I can take more tequila shots and then literate.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you for joining us today. Really so nice to see your face.
Speaker 2: Yeah you guys too, Thank you so so much, just incredible.
Speaker 1: I'm so well.
Speaker 3: All the best by