Speaker 1: It's topic times.
Speaker 2: The phone called eight hundred and five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Talk about it morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's DJ n V. CHARLAMAGNEA God.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club, Jesse Larry is he hey now if you just join us. We were talking about Fat Joe. He was turning yesterday for something he said on his live about Uh. I guess people that still want to be rappers at you know, older ages.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your man says he's back and he doesn't have a deal. Meanie, not a dollar coming in, not a show, not nothing going on.
Speaker 6: There is a problem.
Speaker 5: It's called in the jaw hope you made. This has never changed. Some guys be.
Speaker 7: Like, yo, I gotta get a regular jaw bro.
Speaker 5: You gotta get jaw and you got kids, and you got this girl. They got apartment and got it off every day. You got to pay some bills in the dollar in the dream that balked could have struck.
Speaker 2: You just said nothing wrong, absolutely positively right now, you said nothing wrong. In my first book, Black Privilege, the New York Times bestseller Black Privilege, I have a chapter called f your Dreams when they are not your dream because a lot of times, especially when you've black, the things you gravitate towards the entertainment and sports, but those aren't the things we should actually be doing. We're just doing it because we see them working for somebody else. So what I tell people is either quit and find something else to do, or understand it's one hundred and sixty eight hours in a week.
Speaker 1: That's more than enough time to deal with.
Speaker 2: Your reality by getting the job, and you got time to go chase your dreams.
Speaker 4: I think that the problem with this society is is people feel like getting a job is bad. Yeah, to studying a job is wrong. And I think that's the dumbest and stupidest thing I've ever heard. Yes, you could be a rap that rapper, you could be a producer. There's so many different things that people could be out there, entrepreneurs, and there's nothing wrong with having a job until that that goal that you want or that dream that you want takes off. There's nothing wrong with it. There's been many people. I mean, even if you look at some of your successful rappers, right you look at metha Man. We see the story with metha Man worked on the Staten Island Ferry and until.
Speaker 3: He got his rap career. Rough we see people that worked at all kid cut.
Speaker 4: He worked at the clothing store downtown in the village until his rap career took off.
Speaker 3: Also worked until they got their stuff together.
Speaker 2: And also to people be shaming y'all, some of y'all be trying thinking y'all shaming job y'all actually shaming careers. Yeah, you know what I mean, because y'all y'all be trying to clown people for having a career that pays them hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: I mean, so what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: It is the worst thing ever.
Speaker 8: I mean, I actually have even with being an influenza like I had to. I worked like I was working making videos. I got fired from jobs making videos, you know what I mean, then go to another job and until I got on wild'n Out and then and then I.
Speaker 6: Had to quit.
Speaker 9: But I just.
Speaker 8: Nah, I went to school for that, but I ain't quite make it to the more attician side.
Speaker 3: He mean, I just went in there.
Speaker 8: It was like, oh, hey, I want to be a moretician. Never went that way, but I was working with kids. I was a PRP counselor and I, you know, and then also a receptionist at working with kids at this office or whatever, making videos and I and when I went to wilding out, that's when I quit and they cut my food stamps.
Speaker 2: Hold on, now I didn't notice right before a while and now you was working at as a receptionist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, once you start doing standup like five years ago, six years.
Speaker 8: Ago, literally, yeah, after afterwhile I start I was actually doing I started stand up way later after doing videos like I'm been doing stand up maybe six years now.
Speaker 6: I've been doing like intern at eight, like I.
Speaker 2: Feel, I feel like I've been watching you online for at least a decade. Yeah, yeah, you was broke that whole time.
Speaker 6: That was, first of all, not.
Speaker 3: Definitely real cute.
Speaker 8: But all right, come on, don't don't you was bro was cute.
Speaker 1: Follow us, but I did exactly.
Speaker 3: I was broke.
Speaker 2: I was still living in a hood. Same people get shot every day. Yes, I want people to tell more of those stories, because we be thinking that because somebody got a whole bunch of followers and a lot of attention online, that they they doing it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Wasn't making no money until I hate wilding up.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 3: Hell, hey, this is not metal. I want to talk to us.
Speaker 11: Good morning. I'm here, aiser, ready to learn. This is just part of me chasing my dream. And this is something that I'm here every day, and God knows, I guess like struggles and knock down and everything every single day. To be honest, but I'm still here in our early listening to your radio station, trying to get wiser.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Oh so so you listen? Oh I thought she said she was somewhere. You're listening to us to get wiser.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I like to hear people's experiences. I like to hear stories like what you just said in Miami. That ship was czy.
Speaker 1: Oh that's dope. But I still need to go get a trader. So you need to go.
Speaker 4: You need to do something until you figure it out. Do you want to be a radio person personality?
Speaker 1: She says she at work? No, she did. She says she's listening to us, getting wiser.
Speaker 3: No, didn't you say you at work right now?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 11: No, I'm here getting ready to go into class to college.
Speaker 2: I'm about to say, because listening to the Breath Club is not going to get you a Clanne.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yeah, go to school.
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Good morning?
Speaker 1: It's oh you need to quick trapping.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 9: Hey, lets you cut it out? Good morning man, y'all. Frother's doing good morning this Yes with the message doing this. I love how you get a popping this morning.
Speaker 6: Real, good morning baby, Thank you.
Speaker 9: You very welcome. I just want to let shut know I got a podcast that's popping too. But let me answer your question about giving the wing your dreams though, And the name of my podcast, by the way, it just might get his character.
Speaker 2: But listen, hey, podcast No, the new rapp was yoke, Yes, the way the way people the way people used to want to make it and wrap they want to make it in podcasting that I'm telling you there's way less money in podcast Hey.
Speaker 9: Look, I'm trying to do it anyway that can. Don't never put it on yourself. Make your dreamers what propels you. Man. You know you got to understand you've got to always get the bag to follow your dreams. But if you put in your dreams enough. Julia Childey's forty five years old.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that is, but I agree with you, But you got to deal with your reality while you're chasing your dream.
Speaker 1: That's what people forget that, that's what he's saying.
Speaker 4: He's saying, you know, keep getting your bag and that and put your apply your bag to your dreams.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 9: Where you work, yeah, you guys definitely do that because with no income, you ain't gonna have no outcome.
Speaker 1: Right where you work, where you work.
Speaker 9: All right? Now, I work in the hotel office. You know what I'm saying. I do I clean the rooms in the hotel. Well, you know, I take my dreams of my bodcast and my music man.
Speaker 2: So you know, like you got a job, but you know, you know what, you know what you need to do.
Speaker 3: You need to make little business cars in the rooms you clean.
Speaker 4: You just leave a business car then, because if somebody in that room and they ain't like they bought, they might you know, let me check this and then you might get another follow up and subscribe.
Speaker 1: Or you might get fired. That's how people be like.
Speaker 9: You know what, that's a good peace. That's a good piece. I appreciate that piece. I'm definitely apply that. I've been looking online looking up how to buy USBs, because us b's is in new ways, a brother USB a whole.
Speaker 2: People check what year were you born? The nineteen hundred exactly.
Speaker 9: With that, I meet myself. Oh okay, you wouldn't that one. I love you guys. Man, you're being gay to join each other's marriage. I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Yet did he say keep being each other?
Speaker 2: He said keeping, Yeah, you're keep being gave.
Speaker 1: First of all, the us b's is not the way I thought he was gonna say.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm not gay.
Speaker 9: That's what.
Speaker 4: I care about that eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five. Well, we're talking a statement. In fact, Joe said about you know, people.
Speaker 3: Chasing their dreams. This is what he said.
Speaker 5: If your man says he raps and he doesn't have a deal, meaning not a dollar coming in, not a show, not nothing going on there, there's a problem with that. It's called plan it. Get a job, plan B. Hope you make it. This has never changed. Some guys be like, yo, I gotta get a regular job.
Speaker 1: Bro, you gotta get a job. If you got.
Speaker 5: Kids and you got this girl, they got an apartment and y'are sexing it up every day, you got to pay some bills and a dollar in the dream that buked it for the bottle could have struck the lottle.
Speaker 4: Nah, eight hundred five A five one five one. What are your thoughts to talk about.
Speaker 1: It the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 5: Call eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody's theej Envy charlamagnea god. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you just joined us, we're talking about a statement in fat Joe made and this is what he said.
Speaker 5: If your man says he rap and he doesn't have a deal.
Speaker 1: Meaning not a dollar coming in.
Speaker 5: Not a show, not nothing going on there, there's a problem with that. It's called plan A, get a job, Plan B. Hope you make it. This has never changed. Some guys be like, yo, I gotta get a regular job.
Speaker 1: Bro, you gotta get a job.
Speaker 5: If you got kids and you got this girl, they got an apartment and y'all sexing it up every day. You got to pay some bills and a dollar and the dream that buck it bought the bottle could have struck the lotto.
Speaker 9: Nah.
Speaker 2: No one lie was told in order in order to properly chase your dreams. You got to deal with your reality. And there's a there's one hundred and sixty eight hours in a week. Even if you work forty hours a week, right, you still got one hundred and twenty eight hours to do everything else you want to do. So you're dealing with your reality. But you still got more than enough time.
Speaker 6: To chase your dreams with ours, did y'all see acrimony?
Speaker 8: Acrimony is a solid parme movie with Taraji pins And she had a husband and he had a dream to like create some big thing like the pursuit of happiness. Member he was trying to make that thing or whatever, but he had a battery. He was trying to create a battery, and it took him years and years and years, and he kept using all hard money to do it, like he was like taking advantage of him, but he still loved or whatever, like you know. And she had she had got money from my mother died, and he cleaned out her whole bank account and then he ended up She ended up leaving him, so his dream hit as soon as she left him good and then he ended up with somebody else, that's right, and wow, Okay, so he she stuck by him until this dream, but he would not get a job.
Speaker 3: That's the thingire so God became.
Speaker 8: But he even paid up, He paid up back for everything, but she was left there like damn, Yo, I I really put you through all, Like I helped you my finance from my mother died, Like I put up my house. I'm not even able to have kids because you know, that was some other stuff in the marriage to happen. But like, yo, and now you're you're this billionaire, you're married, your dream took ten years to pop off, and you're out there reaping all this.
Speaker 1: You know, you gave up on me. I didn't give up on myself.
Speaker 2: So being that you gave up on me, I'm gonna give you back everything you put in. But I'm going to live my life because I need people that's going to be with me all the way through.
Speaker 1: She didn't see it all the way through.
Speaker 3: Wow, I don't know necessari ways. Looking at that, I would say that you.
Speaker 6: I don't agree with him.
Speaker 4: I think I think everybody out there needs dreams, whatever that dream is it. Sometimes your dreams can change, and I think that's what keeps people alive. And I think that's what keeps the energy flowing. Like for me, you know, you have a dream of being a DJ, then the dream of being on radio, then the dream of being on an album, and then the car show became a dream, and this became a dream. But now my dreams are my kids like me and I seeing my kids successful, making sure that you know, when they graduate college, I'm able to you know, make sure teach them how to purchase their first home.
Speaker 3: And those are my dreams.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Dreams never change.
Speaker 2: And that's why even when it comes to entertainment, That's why I always tell people, man, make sure that's what it is you want to do, because a lot of times people only chase entertainment because they see it working for other people. That everybody want to wrap. Everybody got a podcast. You know what I'm saying, But what is it you're here to actually do?
Speaker 6: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: That's why in your book I think is wrong because it's not If your dream is f somebody else's dream, it ain't your dream to begin with.
Speaker 1: That's what you.
Speaker 2: Dream, if your dream, if it's not your dream, Because a lot of times we see things working for somebody else, like I might people might look at Jess and be like, I want to be a stand up comic. Correct, that's not your dream. That's not what you're here to do. That's what Jess is here to do. They might look at us and say they want to be radio personality. No, that's not what you're here to do. You might hear it.
Speaker 1: Do something else, you know, find out what you're here to do.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: My name Isiah Philly. Besides, I think you you should never give up on your dream, but you just got to take care of your life, your dream, hearing yourself from living life and growing. And I think that's when you gotta start flipping lane put on the back burner at your time, you know, out there playing and use whatever you're making money nine to five to provide for your dream. And eventually I'm gonna take over. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because if you don't do what your reality, your dream will become a nightmare. Dreams a nightmare is Philly. You see what I just did.
Speaker 9: And what's going on?
Speaker 11: Man, it's baby and I go by DJ Sable.
Speaker 9: I do agree with fat Joe. Man. I was a fat Joe.
Speaker 10: I mean I was a truck driver up in Minnesota and I moved down to Florida be a full time DJ. It didn't work out the way I wanted to told job.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I got a job driving money through.
Speaker 10: Friday and our DJ whenever I get a gig.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's that's what you should be supposed to be doing.
Speaker 3: That's how it should be. That's how we all start.
Speaker 2: Let me get my I g shout out.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, man, I'm going.
Speaker 3: To encourage your brother about Instagram.
Speaker 10: Is DJO underscore twenty one?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 10: If you need some help with those nixus, man, I got you.
Speaker 1: Watch out fasty hang up on now, watch out fasty hang up on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see what I'm saying. You ain't even acknowledge that. Man say he can help you with some of your mixes. Man, he said he needs to tighten up. She listened every morning. She said, you need to tighten up?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 9: Was this? Uh?
Speaker 1: Avery?
Speaker 3: Talk to us about dreams?
Speaker 10: Man, I feel like you shouldn't give up on your dreams. Man, like give it up on your wrap, right, you know for one minute?
Speaker 2: No, there's a lot, there's a lot of dreams you shouldn't give up on. But man, we got to stop this. Uh, this is saying people shouldn't give up on wrap. Some of y'all need to give up on wrap. Yo, we got to stop this.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: That's one of the toughest conversations to have in the blackmun that he's telling somebody they can't make it as a rapper.
Speaker 8: You rap, Henry, Oh, I'm sorry you rap?
Speaker 10: Huh what happened made it?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: Two Show was like thirty eight when he when he released Blow the Whistle. But remember two Short has a history rap music. Yeah, he has a history of music that's big in the Bay Area. He's a Bay Area legend. The world heard blow your whistle, you know, and when he was thirty eight. But two Shorts of legend.
Speaker 2: If you just heard too, if you just got up on two Show, would blow the Whistle? You ain't been paying attention, not at all. As a matter of fact, you got a quick eight, give us a quick eight.
Speaker 3: Hung on.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, I gonna hang up on that.
Speaker 3: Bro hipping on any beat because brother, we got Justin on the line. Justin, good morning, good morning. Now Justin.
Speaker 4: He's been doing music for fifteen years and he's thirty two years old now and he hasn't popped as yet.
Speaker 1: He laughing.
Speaker 6: Man, that's good.
Speaker 3: You got some bars.
Speaker 9: I got some bar.
Speaker 6: Or something.
Speaker 1: People say that you want to hear something, Yeah, I had justin gun.
Speaker 10: I've been working on I.
Speaker 9: Come on there.
Speaker 10: I'll be like God really been working on me.
Speaker 1: He know.
Speaker 10: I'm a stever. I pray for all my savages who dancing with the tevil. I ain't even try to read the Bible until I went to jail. Watch who you keep coasting you? If they hate on you, they'll tell who lifts. Don't got names on them until somebody did. I'm all over the city now. Don't ask me where I said. I know what come with the game, and I ain't even gonna play that. I went and got my own. When they speak on me, they don't say that I almost killed one of my partners. Me and him go way back. The best feeling that is getting money is getting paid back. I'm sliding in the old where if I treated like a may back. I'm tired of thugging. I even put away my ski mask. I'm tired of hustling, but I won't stop. I can't be down back to people who rather see me that way. That'll make him real happy as long as I keep.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna tell you something, man, God, I just told me to tell you that you should go in the ministry. You should be a pastor. I'm not even joking. God wants you to be into the church, yes, sir, No, for real, He wants you to be into the church. You should go get your soul right. And you have an annoying on you to be a pastor. Go be a pastor.
Speaker 9: Brother.
Speaker 3: What's your rap name?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: My rap name?
Speaker 9: Three v.
Speaker 10: Three and not too long ago got baptized.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. There's a verse that for verse three B three. Okay, there's a verse three in the Bible.
Speaker 2: I don't know which one, but there's a verse three in the Bible that applies to you. That's gonna tell you to walk away from rap and go into the ministry. Man, God wants you to be a pastor, I'm telling you.
Speaker 8: But he can get that. But but you know what he can get. He can use rap to get the young guys in the church.
Speaker 2: I doubt it. God did tell me that God to be a pastor. That's what God said. God said that brother, needs to be a pastor. And you just heard him say he got baptized. I don't know, Yeah, got baptized.
Speaker 6: Of all the people in here.
Speaker 3: God just told you that.
Speaker 1: Just be talking to me. He told you lost the Lord just camera, man, he did.
Speaker 2: God told me to tell that brother to be a path and that brother just got baptized. And I didn't even know that. What's the mall the story?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: The moral of the story is your dreams if they're not your dream and don't and don't and don't give up on your dreams. But you got to deal with your reality. And don't give up on your dreams unless your dreams are a rap. Why do we keep it couraging people to wrap?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just saying because it's yo.
Speaker 6: Everybody sound the same now, So.
Speaker 3: We need some new people.
Speaker 1: We need some new people. That No, that's not a good enough reason.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, when we come back. We got Jess with the mess we were talking about, Jess.
Speaker 6: No, no to high light.
Speaker 4: When we come back, holight people, we come back, all right, we'll get to it next.
Speaker 3: The breakfast bet