Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg.
Speaker 3: Data, take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg with Isabelle Lee of Bloomberg Cross Asset Reporter.
Speaker 4: Let's kick it off again with Apple here.
Speaker 1: So for Apple, it's not moving crazy, it's still edging lower by two and a half percent. So Apple's price target was cut from three twenty five to two point fifty by Webbush. So webbushdims, as we know, is one of the biggest tech poles. His cites of Trump administration's tireff policies basically, and he said the economic armageddon unleashed by this will be a complete disaster for Apple, who really has a massive production in China. I may recall that the current tariffs slates China at around fifty four percent, Taiwan around thirty two percent. So it also produces and manufactures some stuff in a lot of those Asian nations, and the two will be devastating for Apple. It's cost structure, consumer demand. But he still has an outperform rating. So there is that silver lining.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean he's he is the permeable, but so he's certainly reflecting. I mean, if we follow his social media, he's been calling out this for a long time here and calling out Elon Musk for using this his focus on Tesla now on these tariffs and the impact on certain companies like Apple.
Speaker 3: But I guess my question is too, like, at least for here, like it's passed through to your phone bill, right, so it's like if it goes of one hundred bucks, like, are you going to feel it?
Speaker 5: I think a lot of people will.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're already paying thirteen hundred dollars for a phone.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I see your point, but I think maybe if you're here in America, maybe not. But in China where the competition from the local brands, maybe that makes a huge difference.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, When it's not done through your carrier, it's a different set up exactly. All right, Let's go to Dollar Tree now, different story, different story.
Speaker 1: Because this is one of the companies that will maybe benefit from this whole tire war City turn bullish. They anticipate that the tariffs will generally be positive for the retailer. They raise Dollar Tree buy from neutral to buy and they say that you know, they have the coverage to increase their base price. If you're already selling a one dollar what's what's one twenty five, one fifty or one seventy five?
Speaker 4: And they really don't sell it one dollars But your point is still take it. I get it.
Speaker 1: And then they said that consumers will be accepting up this change. And also, I mean with this inflation, consumers will be trending lower. So will it be expecting more footprint maybe the Dollar Tree stores.
Speaker 5: That's one of the pushbacks from folks on TERRAF so that they are not only a tax if you believe that, as some congress do, but a regressive tax i. It impacts the lower income folks more. And is that what you really want? So some challenges there for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna talk about the recovery out of it.
Speaker 3: Is it K shaped right, which is what we talked about lot during the pandemic, which get rich or poor get poor at the end of the day, and you have that divergence.
Speaker 4: Let's wrap it up with micro strategy.
Speaker 1: Micro strategy down by around five and a half percent, so they paired back some of those losses. But basically they said they will register an unrealized five point nine billion loss in the first quarter, and that's after adopting this accounting change. So the company's holdings of bitcoin is around forty one billion and it dropped five billion because of bitcoin's twelve percent drop. So they waited until this quarter, the first quarter, rather to adopt the accounting change, and prior to that they were classifying bitcoin as an intangible asset similar to a trademark. So this one is probably for the better, but still investors aren't liking it.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout today for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.