Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for comedo Rich at Fox Sports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR. Just all right, just saw a stat that said, uh, Jim Harball, Yeah, seven and two all time on Monday Night football. So yo, Eagles wown be scared Eagles Chargers tonight both eight and four. We'll talk about it. We're broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. We are Covino and Rich. Dude, Yes we are. And by the way, what's it gonna take for that stadium to be filled with both Chargers fans? Because you know, tonight you're gonna watch Monday Night football and it's gonna be all clean. La to stop being a bunch of wienies. Every Olympic dream starts with a first glide. Learned to Skate USA kids build confidence, trength, enjoy on the ice. Learn to Skate USAO first program for skaters of all ages and abilities. Find a program near you at Learn to Skate USA. Dot com This rock. All right, you had a great weekend. Let's have a great week Hey, Rich I was thinking of this. I thought it was a cool catchphrase. Let's make it a December to remember when you came up with that. Yeah, that's awesome, but yeah, I like that. So over the weekend, let me give you three quick things and we're gonna wrap up all the things that made you go. Trip's got a great segue into the next conversation. It has to do with bad beats and gambling. But Hank tight trip our number one pal is that questionable play call at the Raiders game. Hi, goodness, I saw that. So question, do you want me to have three things? Something about Dan Bayer, something about Booty and some of that live in the dad life? What do you want to do? You peak your water. I wanted to talk Henry s Hudo, but you shut that down last hour. So it's all good. We can talk about talk about your dad life if you want, talk about your Nike Monarchs all day, if you want, I wear Nike Monarchs, I just talk about it. I just want to let you know things that make you go hmm. Is it only about football? Like you said, Zutopia two fantastic. If you need a movie to watch with the kids, sure that takes No one watched it, no one who dollars for this movie? Utopia too. But you tell me about Henry so Hudo a billion f and dollars. I wasn't gonna say just that. I was gonna tell you that there was some good fights over the weekend. Hey, some good UFC bout take a good box. Take your kid to go see Zootobia too. Both. Take your kids Utopia too. It's fantastic. Take it to the zode. So good Utopia. I'm sure. My thing about dam Bayer, Yeah, I went out with one of the other dads from baseball and his kid and a couple of our families went out for himbachi, and it made me realize tepan Yaki right, made me realize that it's got to happen soon, dB, in the next month. I know you're a busy guy, your dad, you're a professional. You gotta tell your wife we're dragging you out. Honestly, bring your wife. Dan Bayer has never been to Teppanyaki's got to watch the kid. That's why I said, but bring the kid. You want him to thirty forty something years. I'm going about it. I want Dan to appreciate the volcano. Y volcano with that is, I would appreciate it too. Wants to get together and maybe cuss a little around. Always a guys, no kissing ass. But you know what, I went, and I realized that while it is overpriced, well when you get like I got the scallops and steak and it's like fifty sixty bucks, it's overpriced. The kids men, the sandwich at the airport's overpriced. Stop, you know, I get it. But what I'm saying is if you need a fun night out, I really do think like Hibachi again, Ari Rang? What's the other ones called give me the like theo your motto? The one by us is something Benny Hannah. The one by us is called Threeishy Ari Rang. Yeah. So it's just honestly always fantastic. And I thought of Damn Buyer because Dan's never been. We told you we should make it a win a Dan Byer experience, like one lucky winner gets to go to Hibachi with all of us, and then we watched Rocky afterwards, because he's never seen Rocky Rocky three in Rocky four all right, so Rocky and Hibachi sounds like a perfect date.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And my last thought was absolutely Jackson Dart. We've already talked about how we love how this kid plays. He's a fun young stud in the NFL I mel Gibson haircut, reckless, yes, fun when he butts heads with the camp scataboo. Yes. But I thought there was something else even cooler about him. I'm like, man, this guy's relentless with the booty. But apparently it's not true. Alex Earl hot Influencer and she was on Dancer with the Stars, hot blondie. Who is with Braxton Barrios former? Is he playing? That? Is Burrios even playing? I don't know. Yeah, he's like one of those is he on a roster? But Braxon Burrios I remember as a Jet right, he was a Jet for a second. Super cool, handsome dude. But they broke up, and the rumor was that Jackson Dart immediate at least slid into her DMS And I was like, she denied it. Though, yeah, she denied it. I was like, yeah, that's a boy. But apparently and she who denied it supplied it. So yeah, she's saying that's not true. It with fake screenshots. But there was the rumor that Jackson Dart got word of this and immediately was like, yo, you single now. She alluded to the fact too, though, that even if it were true, she wouldn't tell anybody, so she keeps it big and discreets. Yeah. So I wouldn't blame him one bit. He's a young quarterback in the NFL for the New York Football Giants. You don't think he's trying to kick it to every hot chick out there on ig or whoever, a prominent figure. Absolutely why he was to say, why shouldn't I was gonna say no crime in that, not to you know, not to sound eye rolly, but who should get any if that's the type of girl he wants? If who should get the hot Instagram girl, the hot model, I don't know, maybe like the cool young quarterback of a football team in the NFL. So I just thought it was I thought it was wild, the Jackson Dart. It's not true, but would have been cool. I think Kelsey reminded everybody even though these guys aren't hurting when it comes to bank accounts and ass options, they don't get stock options they get ass off. I heard that, Yeah, but I think it did remind some people to shoot their shot wherever. I think when when whensh Allen Kelsey Kelsey, When Kelsey did that interview with Taylor and she tells the story about how he kicked it, I'll be honest, that was the most endearing they've been together. Yeah, it's kind of where like he was he didn't even think he had to ask security, So like, yeah, I want to meet her, but this is my girlfriend is friends with a lot of ig models and hot chicks like that. And when they start boozing and schmoozing in my presence, let's say the girls aren't my house or something. Oh here is that when you walk out of the shower and drop your towel, I'm like, oh, sorry, I didn't know anyone was here. No, but there's some you know, prominent girls friends like you hear them slid into my ms exactly in their big time names, and I'm like, no way, let me tell you, this isn't that guy in a relationship. When we worked part of it, when we worked at ESPN, we worked with a couple really talented and beautiful female sports broadcasters and they were talking a list. Oh no, but celebrity. When we were at ESPN, I remember a couple of the talented beautiful women we worked with. They're like, yeah, he split in my DMS. He slit of idms, he slip of idms. So if you don't think these players are shooting their shot, yo, I promise you probably like a part time job. You know, as much as they put in as far as gameplay and studying and getting ready in film, it's scrolling and dming and copying and pasteing their little opening line to every hot chick they see, especially if they're single. Dude, you'll want to come to my game, girl, copy paste a matter of let's see who takes the bait. It's casting a wide net, got a casting all right. Let's uh, let's wrap up our things that made you go with maybe one of the most questionable things of the weekend trip in Vegas. Since you are a Vegas guy, trip and our good pal. And by the way, can you give us the quick breakdown of the Vegas gambling effect that this Raiders call had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm sitting at the game, man, I'm literally at the game. So fourth down and four they run this crazy play, just give up the ball. So now the Raiders have it. Of course, the line is seven and a half and forty and a half. The score at this point is twenty four to ten. Twenty excuse me, they they kick the field goal. There was twenty four to fourteen. It didn't matter. Yeah, it's three points, so it's a ten point. So they run a play, run and play. Of course, Kenny picks in, run to spike the ball and then kick spike it. With one second left, they kick a.
Speaker 1: Field goale goal with what like was it three seconds or something? The biggest last player and yeah, trip, wasn't there a penalty because the guy was like leaning on the guy that they gave him like the downright defensive Yeah.
Speaker 2: But here's another thing that happened in the Cleveland game. Think about this. The score was twenty four to ten, and with you know, in the last few minutes, Cleveland hunted from the raiders twenty nine yard line instead of kicking a field goal. And the total in that game was thirty six and a half.
Speaker 1: So everybody go ahead veins dude. Nah, But but but he's saying, is that even though even even though you're up a couple of scores, you would traditionally still go for a field goal from the twenty nine, So that was peculiar. And then in the Raiders and I'm never the guy that's a conspiracy and I'm still not, but but that talk today is that should be investigating because it was two suspects. The Raiders going for a meaningless field goal affected you know, the point spread and the over hunt. Like it wasn't like like it was a double bad beat. If you had like a parlay, it affected. And that was the game in Vegas. Yo, I was Sam, So give a little fishy, give the things fishy. Did you have the Portnoy rant or as a two X rated we we we do not have an edited version of that. Yeah, take a chance, I'm kidding. Yeah, I didn't see it, so give me like Portnoy is just one point. At one point, he was uh saying, I think he was in he was gonna go, uh beat up Pete Carroll. I think he said he was gonna go murder him. But no, he's saying it was the worst criminal. They should be in prison. Beat But you were sitting pretty it didn't seem like that was gonna happen, and they went for it anyway. It almost felt like one of those situations where we've all been there where you're hoping for something to happen and you're like, my team just got the ball back and they're winning and there's fifty seconds left, no one's gonna score point, and then somehow something wild happens. That happened. It was there. There was probably someone on the winning end of that that was crying, and then you know, think about for everyone that loses, someone else went. I can play the very very end of this where he calls for jail time for Pete Carroll Carroll, and that's it. I let me tell you, Chris, I love Portnoy's passion. I'm a big barstool fan, and I thought that short of going to kill Pete Carroll, I think everything he said was had some validity to it. It's very, very strange, very strange. Do you be any thoughts on this? I knew you were monitoring all the games yesterday.
Speaker 3: We put it up on Fox Sports Radio Twitter page as well. I did about three minutes with Carrie Rhodes, and I think that Pete Carroll did it to make sure all the Broncos fans in attendance did not hit their bets.
Speaker 1: That's why there.
Speaker 3: Were you could see tons of orange in Allegiant Stadium yesterday and the Broncos were covering and in the end they didn't. They had just as much reason to throw up a Hail Mary at that point.
Speaker 1: So genuinely, the international fans that love a good field goal, they're going to prove Trump raw.
Speaker 3: I think it was his only win.
Speaker 1: You think it was You think it was to upset Broncos fans in a weird way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm sure he said that a bunch of Broncos fans probably made the trip came. I mean it was. There were orange everywhere in the standing. Maybe not like in LA, but it stands out. It was significant. They were winning by ten.
Speaker 1: There is a sentiment Dan's right, there's a sentiment that when you go to a game, I bet you the stats after the show that if you are a fan that goes to travel to a game, you also maybe bet a couple bucks on your team. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's why I think that he did it. Yeah, I agree, That's why I think he did it to stick it to at least the Broncos fans that were in attendance. He may not beat the Broncos, but you can at least stick it to their fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I respect that. How wild was that? Well? Thank you dB and thank you Tris. Thanks for the call. Appreciate all the phone calls eight seven, seven ninety nine on fix any of the final thoughts. I mean things that made you go hmmm, other other than the only thing that made me go hm. In a fight world Duallas Shwilly beat Yon in UFC in a five round battle for the main event bantamweight event. But in the world of boxing, that's where I was tuned in most. I just think there's an overuse of the term robbery. And I've said it here, but I say it when I mean it. I really don't use or abuse that word, right. There's a lot of overused terms in sports and social media just to get your attention. Robbery, man, outrage and all these buzz terms. I think the referees got it right for once. It was a draw. It's just you know, that's not a sexy thing. But the Lamont Roach and Pitt Bull Cruise fight was a draw. Lamont Roach went down for the first time in his career pit bull Cruise sucked the last half of the fight, so it was a draw. But if you read social media and you didn't watch the right robbery man Lamart Roach got robbed because it was his second draw. He got robbed against Tank Davis. I agree, but that was also a close fight. If it's a close fight, you can't say you were robbed. Like both things count each other out, they don't go together. You can't say it was a close fight, but I was robbed. It's a close fight, then there's no robbery. It could go either way. That means a lot of swing rounds. It was a clear drawf you watched the fights over the week. I in UFC, Like I said, congrats to Triple C Henry su Whooda on his retirement. We're gonna talk about retirement, not necessarily him, but we have a question about retirement next. Can I give you my observation about some fight stuff, not UFC, not boxing over the week, but not every decision is a robbery, Rich I just want to make now. Of course, I would say my biggest takeaway not UFC, not actual boxing. Two non related stories Number one Jake Paul and Anthony Joshua was two weeks away, less than two weeks away, and Anthony Joshua is saying he is going to destroy Jake Paul and anything less will he'll be disappointed in himself. And he actually I think he quoted Drago. He's like, I will destroy him. So, Anthony Joshua, If so, if you're one of those people that hate Jake Paul in the spectacle, I hate to say it, maybe you watch. But if Jake Paul could look good and the loss he still wins, No one expects this guy to Maybe maybe you watch with the intent of Jake Paul getting knocked on his asster. Well, my goodness, what if somehow Jake Paul hangs. And the other thought I had in the world of boxing was someone on TikTok and Instagram you sent me this. And when I say you sent me, a fifty other people sent this to me too. Yeah. There's a really cool viral video that's gone out today. Yeah, it's it's from someone called The Storm. I believe d E. S T O R M The Storm on social media. Have you guys seen It's a It's a couple of bros hanging playing Mike Tyson's punch Out and some guy goes, man, it'll be cool if Mac had a backstory. It flashes to like an AI yet cool video of what a movie would be like if let's say Lil Mack was a dude down on his luck, his girlfriend just had a baby, and he was trying to battle, and they make a storyline of Mike Tyson's punch Out and he goes through the ranks class Joe von Keiser, the whole deal, and they do a great job of creating CGI versions of the fighters you know from punch Out. And I've seen this done before, but not to this degree, not this level. It was really well done, so if you haven't seen it yet, I didn't click on it at first because the thumbnail should be punch Out, but the thumbnail is just a dude's singer out with video game controllers. It's an AI I guess, fake trailer of what the Little Mac punch Out story would be. As he climbs the ranks and finally gets to Mike Tyson, it's a little Max down on his luck. He has a kid with his wife and he's just trying to fight out of poverty, and he finally gets that title shot, and it's kind of cool to see because then Mike Tyson rolls up. By the way, isn't it when you watch that? You gotta be honest, weren't you thinking of yourself like I would watch this. I would totally watch that. That's why we're talking about it right now. Said, it's a next level AI teaser trailer of a movie that I don't know. Maybe maybe it inspires the actual movie to be made. Then then hold on, how do you feel about this? Is an interesting thought? You know what? I'll put it on our ig story right now at Covino and Rich so you could play along at home and see it at nothing worth the watch at Covino and Rich Video producer spot. You don't have to play it on the video, but if there's like a screenshot you could show. We're streaming on YouTube, YouTube dot com slash at Covino and Rich FSR. I bring it up because I mentioned z Utopia and how it made. Zootopia two has made almost a billion dollars worldwide. We're cool with animation. We don't want AI taking our jobs. How do you feel about AI in that scenario? Are you okay? If they made an AI movie. Was that crossing because because you know what I'm saying, like, you're okay with animation. We don't want we don't want Ai to take jobs, but we'd both really want to see this. So what's your thought? You know what I'm saying, Like, what have already been there? What do you think Pixar did? You don't think that eliminated the actual artist? You know what I'm saying, Like, so I would say that computers have been taking jobs as far as animated movies, it's sort of an I don't want to say it's animated, but I don't know what you would call. That's what it's ais, you know what I'm saying. So it's like it's a weird in between because animation we accept we don't want Ai to take jobs. But I think that's because you could say, like, well, what can't you just cast some guys done Flamenco And it's like, yeah, you can't cast that King Hippo. You know it's it's really worth the watch and butterbeans and old guy, so, uh, check it out. We'll post it at Cobino and Rich at Steve and Scotty's playing a little Uh the video of it in the background on our YouTube page. Right now, there's Little Mac with his girlfriend. They're having a baby. They're down on their luck, and he goes to the docs boxing gym. Yeah, and there he is Doc with his red zip up training Little Mac and he, you know, goes through everything. It's pretty cool again at covid and Rich will put a clip on our Instagram story so he can play along. All right, now, coming up, we're gonna we're gonna give you some prizes. We're gonna pick some people that are actually playing along on the YouTube chat. And there's talk about possible retirement for two superstars, one in the NFL, one in the NBA, which is more likely to happen. All right, today, lots to get and more right here CNR on FSR now Quick time out Holiday upgrade. Chirck. You still watching games on that week? Ass small TV? If you are, you're only seeing half the game. You gotta step up your game. And that's where TCL comes in. TCL bro, You're TV shouldn't tap out in the red zone. Yeah, you gotta get that TCLQM eight KQD Mini Led that's the real MVP, Ultimate Brightness, Ultimate black levels for the ultimate experience. Pictures so clear you can almost taste the turf. And it's not just football. If you're watching holiday movies with the kids, cartoons, your Christmas classics all looks just so much sweeter on that crispy, smooth TCL. Here's the play. Holiday savings are happening now. Select tcltvs. You could go premium with the QM eight K brilliant picture, huge sound. That's the ultimate choice, or greb the versatile QM six K for an elevated game day experience. Don't overthink it. Lock in the ultimate experiences with epic savings and undeniable bragging rights all season long. Get it while supplies last. TCL Official TV partner of the NFL. Find TCL at all major retailers. TCL Bigger, brighter, better holidays, Select models, limited times. See all major retailers for details.
Speaker 4: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Fox sports radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it.
Speaker 1: J J.
Speaker 5: Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows, Tu Pro's and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Coward, Doug Gottlieb, Cavino, Went Rich, The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show, Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away. By the way, ACDC Iosam announced the Big Tour Power Up Tour in twenty twenty six. Can I just say all the Grandpa Rock is on a big comeback. I gotta see him before they are officially disbanded because I've not seen him in person, me and you. It kicks off in Brazil next year. Let's go go go ass g's yeah, and we'll go see ACDC. Okay, Cavino's a Spotify age came back as seventy four, actually came back younger than my age. But I do you know a lot about this because I'm on Ozzie's Boneyard every weekend on SXM thirty eight. Sorry to hear that, but all right, Pop two K boy so ACDC on tour, GNR on tour and they got two new songs Motley Cruze Back on Tour, Rush on Tour, So it was a lot of Quish and Sister on tour next year. So anyway, let's make it a December to remember and close out this year Strong, Covino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Now for over forty years, which Tyrack's been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship Fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient inslation options like mobile tire installation, tyrack dot Comway tire Buying should be And Sesame Street. I saw them doing these these ads at jingle Ball. We went to Ihearts jingle Ball all the weekend. Sesame Street helped raise us. Now it's our turn donate this holiday season at sesame dot org because the world needs Sesame and Sesame needs you. Was it more convincing when like Ariana Grande did that commercial jingle me you okay? I thought, okay. So now I hope you had a great weekend. We have lots to get to more NFL the Eagles charters tonight, our Buddy Bo's on the phones and for Danny g at eight seven, seven ninety nine l Fox. He's an Eagles fans, super pumped for the game. We'll get you more pumped spots on the videos at Covino and rich FSR. We're streaming live getting live feedback. Covino and rich FSR. Join the live chat and catch our bonus pot over promised. Also on the page, you know we've I'm sorry, we've had the playoff situation with that seventh wildcard for a handful of years. Now, your quick temperature, when you take a temperature of NFL fans, just the one team getting the buy? You like that or did you like the old school days where like two teams got the buy? I feel like one team that's like it's like an awfully grand reward. But I don't even know what do you think? dB? I would say, I'm just left you with your mic off, and he went.
Speaker 3: I was waving to him as he was walking. I was like this, Christmas cookies, who's squint in time? I like the old way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nothing cool about the two elite teams in each conference had to buy and then it sort of led to maybe them reaching the championship together.
Speaker 3: Because I think that I don't even know if a buy is in advantage or not. But I think I think that ultimately it is. But it may just be those teams are just better than everyone else. But I like the two team by I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, now we got the wildcard Monday. Just more football, I suppose, and no one's gonna argue more football.
Speaker 3: Imagine it being a nine to four team would be out of the playoffs right now. If it was only the six team, right, yeah, it'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: That's insane. So I mean, I think when the teams that make the postseason are all like good winning teams, I'm okay with it. When and you know what, the NFL has been lucky there. There's no like bunk teams that are the seventh seeds. Usually the seven seed is a team that's better than one of the division winners.
Speaker 3: So absolutely that's what the Buccaneers and Panthers in the NFC South like.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, that's the next step, right uh yep. Receding all right, Covino on Rich Now you had a hypothetical Cavino had to do with retirement. Yeah, I mean, I'm gonna throw some wrenches because that's what I do. I throw wrenches. Who are you on patches a hold hand. That's why I am just to even this up a little bit, because I think there's an obvious answer, But I'm gonna give you a little caveat, little wrench in air to make it a little more fair. Now, the reason I kept bringing up Triple C Henry Sujudo, who's been nothing but kind to us, Triple Cringe, a multi champion in the UFC and a gold medal winner. Let me just give you his credentials real quick, rich and you're right, he was always very kind to me. So fourth fighter ever to hold two titles simultaneously, Olympic gold medalist, UFC Bantamweight Champ, UFC Flyweight Champ, holds wins over Demetrius Johnson Cruz Dyla shaw stellar career came to an end this weekend, as he said to Dana White, and just by the look of his face, he got his ass kicked in his last fight with Talbot. So he fought bantam Waite over the weekend UFC three twenty three, and he lost the last few of his fights pretty bad. So he's done right. He should have never took time off, he retired, came back, was never the same fighter because father times on the feet. Isn't that what fighters do? They said they could retire and then they hope he gets them a little more money, and then they go they come back. But you know what, he already did his thing, except that his comeback. He just didn't have that gas anymore. I guess I got to him. I feel like there's more fake retirements in boxing and UFC than acting in wrestling. Remember back in the day, there will always be like retirements and fake retirements. No, it's true. So congrats on a sweet career in the UFC. Yeah, faught those locals wherever, Henry Sujudo. But based on that thought, there's two other superstars in football and basketball that are toying round with the retirement idea. Let's talk football first, because Steven A went on this rant today saying, I think Kelsey is gonna retire after this season, no big stretch, because I believe it too. I was surprised came back this season and now they're what six seven and they're out of it? What more to play for? The guy's done it all. You think he's gonna come back for like the rebuilding of a Chiefs organization. The guy's on his way out. No one wants to be a detriment to their team either, and I'm not saying he is. But if they're gonna look younger and build, and Mahomes needs some good receivers, young receivers, I don't know if Kelsey's in the mix. His priorities are different. He already has a career in broadcasting. He has a bride to be, you know, like the future is bright for him elsewhere. Hit me with option number two. So Kelsey against steven A talking about it today and it's gone viral. Then the other one is Lebron, but hear me out because people are saying he's got like one more year left Lebron. It's season twenty three. That's his magic number, right, twenty third season. Let's say, and I would never wish this upon anybody, but I think teams like OKAC would be in their way, right, I mean the twenty three and one. Okay, see, But let's say, let's say, and I would never wish this rich, I would never ever wish this, but this is sports. Let's say someone on OKASE gets hurt. Not wishing it on anybody, I'm knocking wood in fact, right, that opens up the lane even more for a Lakers team who's hot, they're playing good. They got young, they got veterans, they got old, they got everything. Can't disagree, right, Let's say the Lakers win and it's his twenty third season magic number, last win, last Hurran. You don't think he retires. My question is who's more likely to retire a la sajudo style after this season, Kelsey or Lebron if they wins. I think Lebron's gonna still play one more year. I think the answer is obvious. Kelsey, no, oh really, what for sure? And Elex, maybe it's not as obvious as like, maybe we don't need that wrench of Lakers winning. Then I think Lebron's proven it all, okay. And if there's no path to a championship and there's teams that are in his way, like you said, the Lakers are a top I would say three to five team in the NBA. The Lakers look good. It's fun to watch the Lakers. Dude Reeves putting up crazy numbers. They're comparing him to stat wise, to Kobe Bryant, now saying they've already used the word superstar to describe Austin Reeves exactly. They've already sort of moved past Lebron being the centerpiece. That's Luca now, but a major piece still, you know, Austin Reeves, and they may go after another big star if Lebron were to walk away. I think Travis Kelcey, I look at it this way. You know, when you have a lot in the future. I know recently you were like in your mind, you're like, dude, I got my daughter's streets extremes and I got through. And when you have all these things on the horizon, right, you try to cram things in and you don't. My point is this, He's he married June thirteenth. They made the announcement him and Taylor Swift June thirteenth. He's got a top twenty five podcast thirteen. You're her little lucky number symbolics. So they're getting married, and then I bet you within a year, because you know they're at the age they have every resource possible, they're gonna have a kid. And I bet you that he runs it back one more time after the career he's had. I don't think you go out the one time you don't make the playoffs. I feel like it's like it's like like tom Brady wouldn't want to go away. Remember tom Brady the last interception he threw the Patriots, And you're not gonna go out like that. I think he's not in Cypress Hill. He's on the Chiefs. I'm not going out like that. We ain't going out like that. Who are going out? I think that that gives him more reason to be like it's over, like this run is over. He has a very bright post football career, but it's almost like once you stop, you're never going to go back, right, So if he has any desire to play one more time, where I think Lebron could with all good conscience. I played with my son. I've won on three different teams. It's a good question. Your thoughts at eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox, Well, you and I I thought it was obvious, and you and I completely disagree. I think if anyone's going to retire, it's Kelsey, and I think Lebron's got like one year because when you he announced it, already looking at taking in that farewell tour, I'm looking at it from another angle. I'm you're saying, who's gonna retire? I'm saying who may who would want to run it back more? And I think Lebron doesn't need to. Kelsey would not want to go out like this. Dan Byer, what say you? And let's get an update? Man, what's up.
Speaker 3: I'm not breaking a tie, but I am siding with Cavino. I think Kelsey, I think it's at the end of the rope. Yes, And I think that Lebron, even with the Lakers success this season, which has mostly been without him, that he wants that farewell tour that Cavino mentioned. And I still think that there's an opportunity he would go and play elsewhere next year to try to do it on his own turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with Lebron, don't you think if it was his end, we would know it? I think so so, Yes, I don't know. That's my take. Your thoughts A seven to seven ninety nine on Fox will take your phone calls. But dB, what's up? Yeah, guys?
Speaker 3: A couple of things winning on the Heisman Trophy finalists. More news from college football as the ACC has responded to Notre Dame Ads Bavaqua's comments that he made earlier today on The Dan Patrick Show. Bavaqua called the relationship now between the ACC and Notre Dame as permanently damaged. Jim Phillips, the ACC Commissioner, released a statement saying, when it comes to football, we have a responsibility to support and advocate for all seventeen of our football playing member institutions, and that he stands behind the conference's efforts to do just that leading up to the Committee selections on Sunday, Notre Dame not happy with the ACC network playing Miami's win over Notre Dame. Also social media pushes as well, but ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips standing by his conference. Every ghalstar with an assist on and off the field. That's why haley On and US Soccer are launching for the Assist, a celebration of everyday acts of support that help people achieve their goals with iconic brands like censinin, Thoms, voltairean Advil, and Centrum. To learn more, go to haley On Assist dot com. Colts quarterback Daniel Jones gonna miss the rest of the season with the torn achilles. Kevin Stefanski says shud Or Sanders will be the Brown starter for the rest of the year. Bengals put wide receiver T Higgins inconcussion protocol. Also defensive Entrey Hendrickson out with core muscle surgery, and the team released wide receiver Jermaine Burton. Commanders tight end Zach Ertz done for the season with the torn ACL. The NFL flexed Week sixteens matchup between the Patriots and Ravens to Sunday night football. Dolphins and Bengals will move till one o'clock Eastern and tonight it's the Eagles and Chargers. Chargers running back O Marion Hampton has been activated. He will play tonight against Philly.
Speaker 1: Guys. Back to you, all right, dB, Now, it wouldn't be like Cavino on Rich if we didn't look ahead. So a little schedule watching next as we can continue to talk about the NFL. We're getting into Week fifteen in a few days. I know we're still wrapping up Monday and their football tonight, but I have a couple things I want to get to for next week. And that's all next right here. Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Fox Sports Radio had the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Nothing says happy holidays like Bill Belichick, Merry Christmas, Iowa Sam playing the classics here on the show. Thanks agetting to both Benson filling in for Danny G. Danny G. He's like, hey man, I got a sore throat today. I'm not feeling my best today, so we hope he gets some rest. He'll be back soon. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox Spots on the videos at Covino and Rich FSR and Hey, tis the season to give and all we want is to receive. Like Jerry Rice, I'm the Jerry Rice of receiving. I would love as a present to me to the show if you followed us at Covino and Rich FSR and checked our bonus pod too Over promised. We talked about the greatest moments in sports according to Chat GP two who has better perspective we humans or chat GPT and we go over the holiday party dos and don'ts the rules of the Holiday Party on Covino and Rich over Promised Episode one twenty, which is on our YouTube page where we're streaming live right now live chat and everything Coveno and Rich FSR again, YouTube dot Com, slash at Covino and Rich FSR. Just it's it's free. Do it, have fun with it. And you know, interestingly enough, as twenty twenty five comes to an end and you start seeing all these lists and recaps and all this nonsense, I listen. We talked a lot about it, so I can't speak out of both sides of my mouth, but the whole Bill Belichick in UNC is pretty uneventful. They're like stunk and like there was no real impact. Man, that was a weak story. Yo, would you agree that minus his girlfriend it would have been the weakest non story. Like Jordan Hudson's the only thing that like made that interesting at all. It was like Torpedo Bats. It was like the biggest story and then sort of fizzled. Maybe later this week we talked about seen our's biggest fizzles, and I think Torbo Torpedo bats and Bill Belichick at UNC definitely on the list. Anti climax. All right, Well, you know what ioa, Samuel. You know I love to schedule watch and there are three.
Speaker 4: Games, so Rich loves to look at the schedule, game.
Speaker 1: Schedule watch it three games. I didn't want to analyze ITT, but I just want everyone to know that after we wrap up tonight, which is a great game. I know Bo's got his Eagles hats on, like you said to eight and fourteen, he got his Eagles at the Chargers. Hell yeah, there's you know, something at stake for the Eagles, but we wrap up fourteen. Man, I say more so for the Chargers because it's a very crowded AFC playoff picture, a very crowded AFC playoff picture, So I think the Chargers shouldn't need this more than the Eagles. The Eagles A I don't see the Eagles getting that one seed. And we said with Dan Byer before now that there's only one team that gets a bye. The reality is that if you're not the one seed, is there much difference than being the two, three or four? If it doesn't really matter? Right, that's second home game, I guess, but more at stake for the Chargers because they're not in you know, with all these with the Texans and teams like that lurking for those wildcards. I would think Chargers need this, and they have a winning record at home, so but I think that's in their favor. We'll see, well, I mean, I think once we look towards next week, there's again every week now, we keep talking about it's like playoff football before the playoffs, because there's games that are just determining where teams are at, and some teams are you know, are sort of seeing their hopes and dreams go or you're seeing team's peak. And there's three games that we could break down further into the week as the week goes on. As we enter week fifteen, week or so before Christmas, Sunday's early set of games has the Bills at Patriots, and if the Patriots Cavino beat the Bills, that's that's to me. It's like, how can you do anything but say, well, the Patriots are like a legitimate contender. I think it's the Tommy DeVito effect, maybe pretty solid since he's been on the team. Listen, the Patriots snuck by the Bills earlier in the season in Buffalo. We were and we remember, we were all like, Wow, the Patriots are for real. They're for real. The questioned the Bills though, so many teams that are for real that we're so hesitant to say are for real. And this is the week. I think this is the week officially where we're like, yeah, the Patriots are for real. But is this where is this where the Bills say the Bickers are for real? Yeah, the Seahawks are for real? Is this, though, where the Bills say, I slow down there, young Buck Drake May and everything everything the Patriots are doing right you well, still a moment's at the Patriots. That's a big one. M dude. I think the Patriots got that game. I mean that's first since thin I'll think about it. How about two teams that are fighting for the number one seed and two teams that we got to take serious? You mentioned Jordan Love Packers are playing at Mile High Packers versus the Broncos. How do you not circle that game and say that's that's an interesting one right. By the way, I just saw a cool stat about the Broncos. I would go Broncos on that one too. But the Broncos have a chance to be the AFC West champions. They'll be the first team them are the Chargers? Right? Oh? Yeah, there's gonna be new AFC West champ first time since twenty sixteen. Man, it's been Kansas City ever since. And that's why we said that's the biggest story of the weekend. It's like sort of the end of one of the greatest runs we've seen. And as the run, is the run totally done or is it revamped? Connection that's a whole other question. We mean, we can't answer you. You know, you still have Andy Re and Patrick Mahomes sod as long as you have those two guys, like, I feel like you have the two of the most important pieces the team looks for, right, all right? And the third game to circle and look forward to Rams are hosting the Lions. And as a forty nine Ers fan, I'm so torn on this. And Bo, you're an Eagles guy, but I know you also pull for the Rams. It's an interesting one for that. As a Niners fan, you would think I would want the Rams to lose, but the forty nine Ers aren't guaranteed the playoff spot, So if the Lions lose, then I could almost promise you the Niners are then likely in the playoffs because and the Rams are looking ahead to the Thursday game again in Seattle too, So that's a that's an interesting game. So there is a part of me that's like, ooh, like interesting, who do I want to win that game? Right?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Who do you think wins? Yeah? That's stats Lions Beta hot Cowboys. You know, are they going to keep that momentum going with the Rams that win? They're good at home? Who can? Who? By the way, happens to be the one current NFL player I think we've had on the show the most. Yeah, is such a stud man. Watch it his intensity after that second touchdown, flexing like what a great dude for the record as well, So hey, watch of great football. Looking forward for next week, but enjoy your Monday night football tonight and check out that Tyson Little Mac video we talked about at Covino and Rich Perfect. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Until then, are we ben there? She may see you in the promise. Goodbye, guys,