Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: TD Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call a touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus best and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is.
Speaker 4: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut.
Speaker 4: Help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance. See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Calamer said, it's not your job to feed targets to the rookie wide receiver.
Speaker 3: But Marvin Harrison.
Speaker 5: Hoo in MEO, he really say that maybe maybe do you think they miss going here?
Speaker 2: As a quarterback, Obviously you're going through your reads. Sometimes the ball goes to him. That's not my job. I have a I have a I have a sense and a feel for guys when they don't get the ball and when they're getting the ball.
Speaker 5: Hey, man, hold on now, if I'm caller Murray, I know you're gonna see this. When you come out the huddle. What number Marvin Harrison, I mean Martin Harrison junior, Cayler Murray. When you come out the huddle, you and you're making your points with the line, point out the mic, check the courage, whatever side eighteen.
Speaker 3: Go to look at the DV. If it's one on one, throw a two hin. Don't worry about no read. He is the read. He's the read. What you talk about? It's stuff like this that make it annoying My job, that is your job. Why you think that overall, Kyler, I'll give you what scrip. You know what it is. That's over fucking coaching.
Speaker 5: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: That's over coaching.
Speaker 5: That's why that that's why you said that answer, that they're over coaching and forcing him to go through his reads. When hello, you got a special individual individual that was the fourth pick for a goddamn reeon.
Speaker 2: You do that to a rookie, Oh Joe, Ain't nobody over coaching Kyler?
Speaker 3: Kyler on some bull jives. Kyler been on some bull jives. But I ain't.
Speaker 2: Look, I ain't going to go there. This is not the time. This is about I'm not a rookie quarter coaching. This man had been to the Pro Bowl, and you be this man was what he rookie of the year? What the rookie of the year.
Speaker 3: And then you're gonna talk and you're gonna talk about that's not your job. So tell me what your job is. I like to know.
Speaker 2: So you mean to tell me the guy's rookie of the year. The guy is a Pro Bowl. He he's been to the Pro Bowl. He's taking a team to the playoffs. But that's not his job. That explained, That explains. Now you see why. Now you see why. All I'm gonna say is now you see why.
Speaker 3: You know what? You know it's gonna happen though.
Speaker 1: Who who? Who called? And play tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Who the Cards play as.
Speaker 5: I guarantee that I guarantee their feeding tomorrow. I guarantee a feature of tomorrow.
Speaker 3: They play the ram bet that.
Speaker 1: Oh ship. Hey.
Speaker 5: But even even though still even with them playing Rams, I guarantee you they feature Marvin Harrison and he has a welcome to the to the NFL day guarant I guarantee you. It's just it's just the way it works. It's just the way I'm not saying I know the script. But after a day like that, which to me is an embarrassment, especially with the quote coming behind you, you start quotact saying some I'm like you cat you as call back. That's an embarrassment. They gonna feature Marma Harrison Junior tomorrow. I guarantee you.
Speaker 2: The wise thing was to say, look, I gotta understand that my playmakers and I got to do everything in my power to make sure I get them involved early and often.
Speaker 3: What did Tom Brady say?
Speaker 2: Tom Brady says, Tom Brady saying, it's my job to get my playmakers the ball early. Who wants to go the second quarter, the third quarter before they get a target? That's what Tom said. Kyler Murray saying that's not his job. Now, chat, you see what I'm talking about. You see the difference between mentality. You see how the great players think and the other players looking to place to blame on somebody else. So, in other words, what he's trying to do oho is up any blame that you might have placed on me. That's the coach's job. Now listen at the other great quarterbacks. And when they talk Peyton Manning, the tom Brady's, the Mahomes, all those great quarterbacks, they go out of their way early to make sure their playmakers get involved early.
Speaker 3: Kyler Murray said that's not his job.
Speaker 5: Uh uh, I mean, listen, I'm not. Kyler Murray is is media savvy. He's he's savvy enough to be able to answer that in a different way. And I just it was upsetting for me because on Marvion Harrison junior debut as an NFL player.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't look like it should have looked. Nothing like that, nothing like that. But I know one thing tomorrow is gonna be.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you and I bet anybody in the chat, I bet your dollar tomorrow he gonna have a date.
Speaker 3: Ocho. Now you see where I was born. When I was born, Now you see the mentality is different. The mentality is mad.
Speaker 2: Look here, m guys, I know y'all think I think your not look.
Speaker 1: Oh shit whatever, not go ahead, go ahead, I'm good cause I took it.
Speaker 3: Now. Man, I just it would bother me. It bothers me some of these guys. Mentality. It bothers me that winning is not of the utmost.
Speaker 2: Why the ef am I here? Why am I putting my body through this? Why am I denying myself? When I trained, I questioned myself every day I went to trade, I asked myself a couple of questions.
Speaker 3: Why am I doing this? Win?
Speaker 2: Is this over? What am I doing it for? How long is it gonna last? And then I gotta come here. Somebody talk about it's not his job. Guess what, Lord have mercy? It bothers me, man, it really does, because all I wanted, all I all I care about is winning. How do we get better? You don't get better with players like Kyler Murray. His mentality is not what it needs to be. Go listen to all the other great players. Look at and listen to Lway, Look listen to Marino, listen to a listen to any grade and they'll tell you I got to get my playmaker involved early.
Speaker 3: They not saying it's not my job. You got the damn ball. It is your job.
Speaker 1: Touch it the most. You touch it the most.
Speaker 5: But that's that's why I said over coaching, because when when when some of the quarterback throws out, I have to go through my reads. That's coaching that's them being in his ear a little bit too much.
Speaker 2: Guess what if I'm a quarterback, Davin, all of a sudden, I can't read what eighteen that I don't even know the rest of them play eighteen get open.
Speaker 3: That's that's a veteran move.
Speaker 5: Now, that's something in Carson was doing in year five and six and seven and eight. That's that's a veteran move. I'm not sure if he has the leeway to be able to go off like that.
Speaker 2: He he done got one coach fire, he can get another one fire. It's easy to fire coach than the other quarterback. It's just it's just it's just, man, it's just the mindset of some of these guys.
Speaker 3: That's what. That's what it is. That's all I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, right right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I bet I better ask him what his job is on card.
Speaker 2: I bet he know that. I bet he know that. I bet I bet he know what his job is on that. I get best with them playing partners. Ain't nobody gonna say, man, it is't your job to protect the blind spot, and ain't your main's your job to go in there and do that.
Speaker 3: I bet they don't know how to tell him.
Speaker 1: That he'll be fine.
Speaker 3: He just gotta gotta he gotta choose his words.
Speaker 1: A little at a little better.
Speaker 5: That's all because I'm sure if Marmon Harrison heard that, heard that too, he I know he was upset.
Speaker 1: And if he's not gonna say nothing, he because he's the Oh yeah, yeah, he gonna be all right. He's gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: I know tomorrow they gonna have a day. I know that.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you that.
Speaker 2: Lil Wayne responded to being snub for the Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 3: What's your take, Joe, I.
Speaker 1: Have a question.
Speaker 3: I got a question.
Speaker 1: I love Wayne. That's my dog now.
Speaker 5: You know, been in the studio with him back in the day, no name in the studio. I understand where he's coming from. Super Bowl being held in your hometown. What better place for you to represent for your people and the fans. And I thought to myself, how many years have the Super Bowl been in New.
Speaker 3: Orleans, New Orleans? More than any damn.
Speaker 5: Place, right, So I'm curious.
Speaker 2: Uh. It was there in nineties when the Packers, when the Packers beat the Patriots, it was there when the Rams lost to U the Patriots. It was it was there when the Life Went Out and the Ravens beat the forty nine ers. It was there in seventy seven when the Cowboys beat the Bronco. That's four times. Off the top of my head, I think it's been there about.
Speaker 1: And so I'm only asking, are you laughing?
Speaker 2: You're talking about talking about Tell me, I will say twelve ten, it's been there ten times.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll say, I'm only asking. Obviously this is not the first time that has been there ten times, of course, but Lowayne has never been hired or asked form what makes it difference this year. I'm just serious. So maybe you can answer better. Maybe the check had answered.
Speaker 2: Better than me because of what happened when it was in in l A and the r And when it was in l A they got Dre that had snoop and they paid homage to you know, And so I'm sure Wayne was thinking like damn uh Usher because he was a he was had a residency or smoking.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you got a chance to see Usher, but that's yeah, yeah, I'm real.
Speaker 3: He man.
Speaker 2: He did it so weasy like with damn hold on l A. They got the hip hop. You know they got the you know, Boom Boom Dre, they had fifty, they had m they had dal double g Mary j Okay, Vegas Usher. I mean what they're gonna bring Trout, Rayne Newton nance out there. Uh you know they're like nah. So Wayne was like okay, hey, you know we's a baby that and you know New Orleans it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: I get this frustration.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you me both sides because we've never it's never been like.
Speaker 3: Think about it.
Speaker 2: When it was in Atlanta, they had Maroon five, think about what a think about it? You had Tim, you had Luna, you had Future, you had a uh two change, you had what's the other group? Andre three thousand, big boy, they loaded, you got baby Face, you got Jamaine Duprix, you had usher Din, you had bro. Yeah, hey they have think about it. They have Maroon five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, bro, hold on, Maroon five.
Speaker 3: Got some hiss.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying they don't, but you would think it. At Atlanta, You're like, damn, you ain't gonna play. You ain't gonna play no homage to what all day? What they got right, So I get looks on like I get it, but you know, look, I mean I don't remember what I can. I can understand its frustration, but it's not like, Okay, such and such as from listen.
Speaker 3: We know beyond they can't do it every year.
Speaker 2: And Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, that's who they want us be all the way what they won't Taylor, But.
Speaker 3: Taylor's like, I'm bigger though I don't need that.
Speaker 2: I mean none that. I mean, be honest, they didn't need it. But beyond they did. Did the mccartesy, Yeah, she did. Excuse me, she did a mccartesthy because you don't get paid for it and you come out your pocket.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, remember remember what I said. I mean, everyone's up in arms. Even though lol Wayne came out and spoke about it, it still has to do a set.
Speaker 3: Yes, to do a set.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if they have music together, but lo Wayne might make a surprise that that was one of the first things I said. He might make a surprise. You never you never know. You never know what Kendrick Kendrick may do.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but that we don't want Taylor, you don't. But the NFL.
Speaker 5: NFL do Oh yeah, I don't think they understand what she does for the eye, the eye visibility, the exposure.
Speaker 1: They want they want that different, different crowd.
Speaker 2: Of what what was that number when she came out and kind of like a support for Kamala?
Speaker 3: How many people signed up to boat?
Speaker 1: It was crazy. I saw that like.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred thousand people registered within twenty four hours. Right, man, y'all better stop. Look, y'all might not y'all might not like him, but she's an earthquake four hundred thousand. Yeah, she's an earthquake. Like I said, Beyonce came from for him every year, but say I'm good. As a matter of fact, Beyonce was at fifty of the with a cold Play. I think she did. I think she did the same with cold Play at super Bow fifty.
Speaker 3: I was there.
Speaker 2: I know she was in New Orleans because I was there. Uh, like I've been. I've been to a couple of them, you know. Obviously I was with CBS in Miami when Prince did it playing Purple Rain and it starts to ring. Yeah, and to see it, man, that little man can sing, that little man lord not only that's what he is he's a performer.
Speaker 5: Hold on and then can play every goddamn instrument the guitar.
Speaker 1: Oh he hold on, real deal.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Princess. Pretty amazing man. When he when he had that group. You know, look, I understand the new power generation, but when he when when he was with Winning and Lisa Andre Simon, you know about that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Come on now, hey y'all, man, Hey, hey, prince. Prince might be the only one to be able to wear heels and get all of them platforms to get all the women, cats, get all the women, all the women.
Speaker 2: Hey boy, boy, good old cats with yo.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh right, listen boy, listen, dang yeah.
Speaker 2: Michael, Michael was in. Michael was in ninety three. I think when Michael performed at the Super Bowl, I think Michael was in Pasadena.
Speaker 3: In that way he performed that because I was like the first Super Bowl I went to.
Speaker 1: I was a baby.
Speaker 3: It was ninety three.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to the game, but that was the first the NFL invited me and I had stuff I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, like I said, I think me I'm kind of empathetic because I know Wayne, I know him personally and Uh yeah, but it's tough, like you want to perform in front of your you know, in your city. And uh, like I said, I hope uh uh, I hope that Kendrick will at least bring him out, let him do a couple of songs. The news of the night came with two of suffering another concussion. Oh Joe, knowing his history, I don't know why he had already had the first down. Why didn't he go down and slide? That's my thing. You know, Ojo, you probably played with a bum shoulder or a bum something. The last thing you want to do is get hit on it. So you gonna you're gonna you ain't hit on that shoulder. Well, I want the shoulder. Let you hit me on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: That's good. But I'm not gonna let you know. If I know, Ojo, I've had head trauma, like three or four of those.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking. I'm gonna slide. That's what the protection is in for the quarterback. Tell me listen.
Speaker 5: What I did say is him trying to run for the first down understanding he got the first down. I'm not sure if he was aware of already having the first down, But you already know how he's supposed to slide.
Speaker 3: You never slide head first. As a quarterback.
Speaker 5: That's one of the first things you learn when you scramble and you come out of the pocket is how to slide correctly to it. You already know, you already know you've had three or four concussions. You miss uh not last season, but the previous season do to concussions. So you should always be aware not only of surroundings, but when about when enemies not enemies, but when you're in danger and when when you gotta know when to go down.
Speaker 3: You have have to know when to go down.
Speaker 5: So I think he didn't realize he was well passed the first down and then and then I think Damar Hamler was in the clothing closing that goddamn.
Speaker 3: Fast and it was too late. It was too late.
Speaker 5: If anything, if anything slight early slatterer, ain't you always go feed first.
Speaker 2: That's even more of a problem if he didn't know he had the first down, considering you're supposed to know.
Speaker 3: You can see that. I mean, most guys know that.
Speaker 2: You could see that out of your periphal because you looking left the right to make sure there's no oncoming track.
Speaker 3: Nobody's been a size wipe you. Okay, oh I got this first.
Speaker 5: But you know you know that, you know how I know he didn't know he had the first because he was diving head first. Because if you know what he got the first, there's no need to be going forward at all. Just give yourself up. He was tryingself up. No, he was trying. He was trying to set the tone, trying to fight a crowd up. Remember you like guys to fight, you like guys. That was different than I was Lamar going out of bounds and seeing the safety coming on and just you know, just give him a little showler, let him know it's gonna be a long night.
Speaker 2: Diapeing to give you no shoulder, not my throwing shoulder anyway, I give you the other shoulder, not the one I used to throw the football with. Ol Joe and I don't I don't take this lightly, and I really hate saying this, but two of them probably need to seriously consider sitting it down. If you notice the concussions are starting to look worse and worse. If you notice every time he has the head trauma, he gets rigg. He get what they call riga mortis. It's a hold on a doctor. This is what a doctor sent me. When it happened. Is called decerebrate posturing, a rare, abnormal body position that indicates severe brain damage or disruption of brain function. Uh. This decembriate, decibricate, decerebrate rigidy, or extensivey posturing. Arms held straight out, rotated towards the center of the body, held parallel to the side let.
Speaker 3: These are some of the symptoms.
Speaker 2: Legs extended and rigid, toes pointed downward, turned slightly inward, hands flexed back arch or stiff, risk flexed away from the body, Fingers curled.
Speaker 3: How many times have you seen him get that? O yo? I mean what three?
Speaker 2: And it's starting and every time he gets it, it's not you know, some people get it and they a little more like Okay, Luck, he got his bed rung.
Speaker 3: But o Jo he going stiff with Ojo, he's getting stiff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean listen, at this point, I heard what you just said about him probably probably sitting it down and shutting it down.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know, you got to understand we we just tobai Wei. They just paid to her. They just put they paid to her a lot of money because he is the future of the franchise in the quarterback. In order for them to contend, he has to be a to him to do that. Now, in notice to do that, he also has to be healthy and he has to protect himself. So at this point going forth, he was able to He was able to play all last season without this type of injury, without even mistakes. You know, when he does come back, and I'm sure he's going to come back, I'm not sure how long he's going to have to be in the Russian protocol, but he has to take better care of his body, his head, and just make smarter decisions when he does scramble, because you got to think to it is not known as a dude threat quarterback. It's not that many times he's going to be out there running around and taking off with the ball as opposed to a Josh Allen or you know, a Patrick Mahomes or Lamar Jackson. So when he does scramble, he has to make the right decisions and protect himself and learn how to slide.
Speaker 2: The forty nine ers from me were the most impressive because I think the Jets defense is going to be really really good in the offense.
Speaker 3: Hey, I think they'll get it going.
Speaker 2: Brief Hall when he formed that ball early in the game, Oh Joe, it kind of gave took a lot some of the steam out of it.
Speaker 3: But the forty nine ers, the way.
Speaker 2: They can run the football, the way Perty was throwing the ball, he had some drops in there too. He had some drops in there. You dropped the touchdown right before the half.
Speaker 5: Remember when Jamar Chase I hate, I hate to remember Jamar Chase Yes went into the preseason and dropped ball at the ball, at the ball, at the ball, at the ball, and then had a historic season once it came. I think you Gus probably has to get active made into the ball. They going against the top NFC team.
Speaker 3: They're going against the top NFC team.
Speaker 5: You take away some of them drops, you take away some of those penalties, it's a different game now.
Speaker 3: The forty nine ers still might have won.
Speaker 5: But what I saw yesterday, yeah, well what I saw from the just night was promising.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, Ojo.
Speaker 2: That's not an easy offense to defend. And I know you know you're looking at what they ain't got. No Christian McCaffrey, the one thing I can tell you about this offense because I spent the majority of my career in this offense. O shoe And if you notice, could you tell Christian McCaffrey wasn't in the game. Christian McCaffrey sets it to another level. But if you look at the guys that would end that offense. TD six round draft pick Orlantis Gary sixth round draft pick, Mike Hailson, third round draft pick, Rubin Drones a late mid round draft pick.
Speaker 3: Clinton Porters was a second round draft pick.
Speaker 2: So you don't need to happen. All you got to do is follow instructions. They're gonna start it one way and niggas, hey hit your handle the goal post. Son and wide receivers do a great job. Are you blocking down d Bo blocking down field? Jenny blocking down field?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I mean, Jeff defense looked like a just defense that we saw last year, But I'm sure. I'm sure they will get it together. I half in the Sauce. I think Sauce subluct his shoulder on one of those feast with with d Bo.
Speaker 2: I think he tried it. I think he hit Yeah, I think it was de Bo that he got his shoulder. Yeah, you gotta be careful, yeah, yeah yeah. And the thing is like when you play the forty nine ers, you got the out physical them, because that's one thing that Kyle Shanthonany got from his daddy. We gonna come out there and we're gonna put half, so we gonna be physical. Now, if you beat us, you were more physical than it ain't gonna fact.
Speaker 3: See. The thing is a lot of.
Speaker 2: Times when people looked at the West Coast, they automatically as soon because the lineman was undersigned.
Speaker 3: Oh they're for neft team. That was your first mistake.
Speaker 5: Now, if you watch the game chat of if if you're listening, if you watch the game tonight, you can see when they did when they ran the ball so well, when they did play action ball, not only were they wide open, but brock Perty was sitting back there with a cigar. So what I think is just need to do also to continue to compliment that defense so you can get back to the top three defense that you were last year. We need to get brother Hassan Reddick in the goddamned door. I would think we need to get brothers. Whatever you need to do, you need all hands on deck if you're serious about turning the franchise around, allowing it to be a winning culture and actually competing in the goddamn AFC East with the Bills, in the goddamned Dolphins.
Speaker 2: You know the guys, this grunnel. He wanted contract. You It wasn't a change of scenery. He wanted money. So you thought that, oh, he don't like being in Philly, We're gonna bring.
Speaker 3: Him to New York. But we're not gonna give him no money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, they you know what they probably did. You know how this business work. I'm sure before they even discussed, before he even came understanding that, listen, I want to be paid by the Eagles, so my production the past few years. Then he gonna say, you know what, We're not gonna do that. We're gonna let you go somewhere else. So I'm sure the Jets knew, brother Woody Johnson, I got that name, right, Woody Johnson.
Speaker 3: Right. I'm sure mister Johnson understood that Sam.
Speaker 5: Reddick was agreeing to come there, because, yeah, what do you knew that you understood that this is this is the games they played, This is the business that they play all.
Speaker 2: They had to do is take the plant and they're gonna get a first down and they're gonna keep the change moving. Jerry got the deal done. You see what he did with that. You see what he did with CD. You see what the forty nine ers did. Oh yeah, they got big Trent. Trent, I ain't coming, are you saying?
Speaker 3: Hey? They said?
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, Hey, we got a super Bowl to win, and we're not winning the super Bowl without those guys. You've got to be If you can't listen, if you can't pray the quarterback, oh Joe, you can't win in this league. The quarterbacks are too good, and the quarterbacks are too good. If you don't if you don't put him under the rest, I don't care. If it's one, I don't care if it's thirty two. If you don't put that quarterback under the rest, thirty two will look like number one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we definitely. You got to make it uncomfortable the best way you can. And one way for just to do that and to pick up where they left off from a defensive standpoint, you got to bring a song reddick in or what they do whatever they do have in the building right now, got to come up.
Speaker 1: But and you know that's another problem.
Speaker 5: Not only that as good as Sauce Garden is, as good as DJ Reed is, how good are you if you got to cover somebody who got damn eight seconds?
Speaker 3: He back there, pretty back there doing this.
Speaker 1: Man chilling man?
Speaker 3: What did Johnson should be on the phone right now? A song? His agent? I don't know what agent is.
Speaker 2: They got to get something. But the forty nine haers look really really good tonight. The Lions they ran for sixty of the seventy yard Tdard drive in overtime? Is that the most Dan Campbell thing you can think up? When he took the job, what did he say? We're gonna our physical people. Hey, you might beat us, but you want out workers. You want our physical and you ay that that ain't your When a team think about it, Oh yo, we heard me say this, and y'all guys have heard me say this a lot. When you run the football, you're moving a man against his will. A man got his hand in a three point stance and he says, I ain't going nowhere, and the line said that, Yeah, A seel and Decker and all those guys say that, hell you not. You've been to get upon this flot of land and they moved him up out of a Zeitler Man, that was an unbelievable drive to string together in overtime and to win that game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, time, right right down the field. Listen the game at the beginning, honestly, honestly, it was a snooze fest. It was a snooze fest until after halftime. Did we not see football being played? Drive being strung along from both offenses? Paler was it was three three at the half, three right, yeah, three. It was something like that. I mean, I was falling asleep. I'm there, I'm falling asleep. So I'm thinking. I'm thinking Stafford Cooper cup pooking the cool the ball. They're gonna be throwing the ball all over the place, no crossing routes. I ain't really getting none of that in the first half. Until the second half everything started to open up and then the game became interesting. James Goddamn Jamison, Wilson, Jamison, Jamison with Man. Jameson Williamson, Jamo, go ahead, I just say Jamo. I'm gonna just say Jamo.
Speaker 3: Jamo. Man. He's but he's scared me.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I don't like when I see players go down like that. I hate when I see player go down like that. God damn poking the CoA he goes in.
Speaker 3: He hurt. So funny.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it's a coincidence, but all of a sudden, you have a phenomenal rookie season this year.
Speaker 3: You change the diet, you change your.
Speaker 5: Nutrition, you do all this stuff that you didn't do that work last year, trying to change what you're doing. I'm hoping everything is okay with him. Other than that, it was a great game. Dan Campbell and the Lions set in the tone, the culture, everything over there has changed for the better.
Speaker 3: And I'm happy. I'm happy. Hell, I'm happy for Jared Goff too. Yeah, because they don't. They don't.
Speaker 5: They don't ship them off like like he was done and he's still resurrecting and and changing the changing the ways that.
Speaker 3: A far track here.
Speaker 2: I don't believe they thought he was done, but I do believe they didn't think he can get him over the hump. And by Troy, you look at it, they won the trade because they won the Super Bowl. So anytime some anytime you make a trade and you win the Super Bowl, how do you lose that trade. And so I think that's what they're looking at, and that's what everybody has to evaluate.
Speaker 3: Can this guy get us to the next level.
Speaker 2: He took him to a super Bowl and maybe they say, well, hey, he can get us there, but can we get over the hunt? And if you look at that drive that Matthew Stafford put together to take the lead against Cincinnati in the Super Bowl, that's why they got it. That's why they made the trade because how many times do you see him do this tonight? Ojo, he look it over here and throw the ball clear across there.
Speaker 3: So he has that ability.
Speaker 2: But when you look at them, you look at the Lions, you look at they ran the football thirty one attempts, one hundred and sixty three yards, two touchdown. Jerry Goff was six eighteen to twenty eight two seventeen, one touchdown. He had an interception. Jamison Williams five for one twenty one. The two running backs Montgomery seventeen for ninety one gives the leven for forty. But that's the way they want to play. They want to play a physical style of football. You know, Detroit, hard working, blue collar grint. That's what Dan Campbell has brought to this team. The Lions have a lot, the fans have a lot to be excited to buy because it seemingly last year they went to the NFC Championship game and what a couple of minutes, probably about two minutes away from actually winning that game, Ojoe and going to the Super Bowl. And Dan Campbell's like, look, it's not like we get to pick right back up and go to the NFC Championship game. We've got to go back down to the mountain and start to climb again.
Speaker 3: And they welcome that. I love what I love what I saw from the Rams.
Speaker 2: Uh, it could have got away from him because when the excuse me, the Lions, when the Rams chunk to lead, what happened on Joe? The Lions come out three and out boom yeah, And I was like, oh man, the ram can really put this game away. Now, give the defense credit. The defensive coordinated. They made a great job that they did a great job and stopped it. They stopped him and giving the ball, gave him the ball back and the Lions went down the field, got a field goal, tied it up, send it in overtime, and then they get the ball, and they go down the field, running the football.
Speaker 5: Field, nothing down down their throat, which is the most disrespectful, Which is the most disrespectful thing you can do in the NFL. Is like you say, move a man against his will, continuously down the field.
Speaker 2: Coaches hate that. Co coaches coaches hate that because they' nothing fancy. It ain't no gadgets, it ain't no reverse, it ain't none.
Speaker 3: Of that, O joe. It's hand off, it's toss. Yeah, that's all it is. That's it against me.
Speaker 2: Feel our men is better. Our men are better than your men, and I'm here to prove it today. It's the most it's the most discouraging, heartbreaking thing that you could do to a team is just line up and just run the ball down the throaty man.
Speaker 3: They hey, that's on us.
Speaker 2: They tricked this when they ran a BAF flickor they ran a wide receiver pass. But hand off left and off right, off left, toss right, and that's all they did. So congratulations to the Lives. Get our to a great start. Twenty six twenty overtime win over the Rams. Quarterbacks that flip sides. Matthew Stafford used to be the quarterback was the number one pick of the Lions. Jared Golf was the number one overall pick of the Rams. They swapped and first blood was drawn by the Rams because they want a Super Bowl with Stafford. Now Jared Goff is trying to go and try to replicate that with the Lions. But the Lions win twenty six twenty in overtime over the Lions.
Speaker 3: Oh choe. The Dolphins beat the Jags.
Speaker 2: But the big news actually happened before the game, and this is what happened. Tyreek Hill was detained by police Sunday a block away from hard Rock Stadium for a driving violation. He was reportedly stopped for speeding and then got into a verbal altercation with the police and was the subsequently placed in handcuffs. Dolphin teammate Kalais Campbell John new Smith stopped to offer support for Hill, leading Campbell detainment for disobeying a direct order. Miami Dave Police Department released the statement requested an immediate review of the incident. One of the officers involved in the Hill entertainment was placed on administrative duties during the investigation. No, not administrative lead. Administrative duty, which means he's gonna be at the desk. He's not gonna be in the field. O Jo, what was what was we're gonna do? We're gonna discuss the game. So but oh sho this situation you of I driven the home games. I did it for over fourteen years. You did it for eleven twelve years. So you noticed, like layout. For give the fans an idea. You going to the stadium. You got to be at the stadium. I mean normally they ask you to be at the stadium two hours before the game. So okay, now, o Jo, you leave the hotel night before the game. I don't know if you stayed there the full time or you go back home and change, but you're on your way to the stadium. Take the fans through probably what transpired with Tiger.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously he was headed to the stadium.
Speaker 5: I mean the rest if I'm blocking at the background, that's that's right outside the stadium, outside of outside of the back guard, because you know, because you can see the stadium, you know, in the background. So obviously obviously he was right there. I'm not sure what actually what actually happened. I'm not sure what time it was. I'm not sure if it was running late, So obviously, if you're stopping for a driving violation, the only type of driving violation you have to hour for a game would have to be speeding of some sort, maybe not using your signal.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming something minor.
Speaker 5: Well, speeding is not minor, obviously, so I'm I'm assuming he was pulled over because all all I have to go off of is based on what we all saw.
Speaker 3: I mean that that's it. I think. I think it's unfortunate. I think it's an easy fix.
Speaker 5: I think it was a very easy fix to where it even it didn't even have to get to this point to where it got to today, I'm not I'm not sure if cooler heads had prevailed in that in that time or in that manner, or him being detained wouldn't have happened in that in that situation. I think you and I have talked about it before, when you're stopped by the police and doing all you can to be able to to to resolve the issue without it going any further. You know, I'm not sure if Tyreek said anything. Maybe the officer was having a bad day's having a bad day, but there has to be some level of respect on both ends where this doesn't happen. The fact that I don't have the evidence on what really happened and what transpired for it to get to that point, it's hard for me to dig deeper and say some of the things I want to say outside of the fact it shouldn't get to that point.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 5: There should be a level of respect on both ends, obviously, especially Miami Police Department. If you work in the game. If you work in the game, you're on detail at the game, and you know it's a player. Obviously, maybe extending him a little grace if he is running late, letting him know a reek, if anything, just slowed down a little bit, baby, because you got people, you got foot traffic. Obviously there's a game going on. People trying to get to the game. Slow down a little bit if you're gonna be late, if anything, just take the fine or whatnot, whatever whatever it might have been.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 5: But again, I mean as officers knowing that there's a game getting ready to be played and knowing that it's a player, not saying he should be getting getting grace. Obviously, the rules and losses you have to abide by, but it just it just there's a certain level of respect that officers normally have for a player or in the situation and understanding what's going on.
Speaker 2: But in this case, ladies and gentlemen, like we go to the game, we have to be We're required to be to the game at least two hours before the game. So our game was started two o'clock because wind Mountain time, so we start had to be there at least by twelve. I normally got to the I normally got to the state of about four and a half hours before the game. So I normally got to the game of the stadium about four and a half hours before the game, so the traffic wasn't as heavy. But a lot of times they block it off because they don't want traffic. They want to be able to control the traffic coming in one way. They don't want the normal flow of traffic being able to come in all directions, so they a lot of times they'll have it blocked off. I was always conscious of that, and so you know, anytime I pulled up to an area and I saw police officer, I would all I would like roll my window down to let them know this is Shannon. Because my win I always had, you know, I always had ten, but I wanted them to know that, hey, I'm shinning, you know, hey I'm going to the stadium. And a lot of it most of them recognized why. I was, Ay, hey, miss Sharp, how you doing, have a great game? So forth and so on. Now, obviously, the later the later you get to that cutoff time that teams have established, the more foot traffic is going to be coming. And so obviously they don't want you reading through their fifty.
Speaker 3: You know, not even thirty five miles an hour.
Speaker 2: They probably want you around five to ten miles an hour because there's some traffic. Like I said, I haven't been to in Miami Stadium and since ninety eight, so I couldn't No.
Speaker 3: Actually we played them in the divisional round. Yeah, but that's been so long.
Speaker 2: That's been so long ago your so that's been over two decades, so I really couldn't tell you. And you know, normally when we come in on the bus, we got totally sales cord. So it's a lot different when you got pullic sales s corre as opposed to being you know, you're driving yourself. Yeah, and so you're absolutely right. I think the thing is for that miner of a traffic for Okay, he's speeding and you got to lay him.
Speaker 3: Face down on right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, hold on writing a ticket, right, writing a ticket.
Speaker 3: There's no reason to detain him. There's no reason for him to be faced down.
Speaker 5: But what you do have to think of it if it's sought to that, if they've resulted to the to the point of having to have him face down like that, well, yeah, exchange back and forth. There might have been some exchange back and forth. That's the only time it gets to that point. When the individual is being somewhat volatile towards the law, then they take things in their own hands because, as you get it a little loud, what's the first thing they do well?
Speaker 2: And in that situation to situation, the situation, he got all the power. He got a gun, you got a taser, he got a baton. Yeah, he got a bulletproof vest on. He's got in that situation, he's gone.
Speaker 3: My thing.
Speaker 2: Anytime the police officer comes to my car, I get pull it over. My job is to get him to the car, back to his car, Me on my way, he on his way, with as little conversation as possible. Okay, you pulled me over, mister sharp, you know how fast you were going?
Speaker 3: I really don't was you?
Speaker 2: I welcome you telling me where you was traveling such and such in this my span, I said, I'm sorry, officer, I didn't know I was traveling that fast. But I'm gonna take your word for it because I'm trying to get him, Oh Joe, I'm trying to get him to my car back to his car as quick as possible. The longer he stays at my car, the greater the chance that there's something that we can it can escalate. Now, a lot of times they're supposed to be in a situation where they de escalate the situation, but that's not always how and plus, oh you think cause you this, you that you're driving this car? Oh you think you can? No, I don't think that. So that was that's my whole thought process. How soon can I get him to my car, back to his car or on his motorcycle and get him on his way in a situation like that, Oh Joe, for the for God reek to be laid down. And it looked like I saw a video. It looked like the guy need him in his back. I thought, that was yeah, yeah, yeah, he thinking, but I thought he needed. I thought he needed I should be wrong, and maybe the video, maybe somebody the video that I saw, maybe that wasn't how it happened. But it looked apparently to me that the guy did me him a little excessive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not saying that he dropped the uh Rick flair l me on him or something like that, you know, wouldn't wwe, but but it looked like it was unnecessary. It seemed to me that it was unnecessary that you lay a man down in the street for traffic violation. I can see if the guy he was traffic violation and he was warned from some heinous crime, but I don't think that was the case. But I think what's gonna happen because this was so public and it is the Miami Dolphins and Steven Ross in the NFL, now, is everybody's getting involved. Oh, you're gonna come to a quick resolution here, and I can assure you that won't probably won't happen again. I'm not gonna say categoricy for certain, but there's a great chance that this won't happen again.
Speaker 3: That guy might have been a little over zealous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not saying that Tyreek wasn't speeding, but I'm just saying, I don't know if feeding warrants that laying a man down, face down in the pavement, you put your knee in his back, your handcuffing. I mean, if you're gonna do, if you're gonna if you're gonna do all that's gonna take it down.
Speaker 5: Mhmm yeah, yeah, yeah, most definitely. I mean, yes, that that would make it That would make it even worse. That would that would make it even worse. And obviously I wish, I wish the situation could have been rectified right away. There's a certain less got obviously me being from Miami that I yeah, not not even close, not even close, not too not two hours before a game, when the officers understanding that, okay, whatever the driving violation may have been, Listen, quick little talk. Listen, you gotta slow down. But you know what, Okay, if you listen, I know you.
Speaker 3: Got a game. Baby.
Speaker 5: You can't be you can't be driving that fast through here. I got to give you ticket. I got to give you a ticket, man, I got I got to do right by the law. But I'm gonna let you go, Let you going by your way. That's it simple. It's over drivers, driver's license registration. I gotta write this ticket. Just slow down for me. Next time. We got seven more home games here, next time you more than that, just be driving the right way. Hopefully we got more home Oh okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, most definitely, most definitely, most definitely. But it's it's I think it's this thing though. It's a stain on the Miami on the on the on the Miami videos. Look, it's definitely not anywhere. It's over abusing your power, just a little bit, just a little bit understanding the situation, understanding the circumstances. You know, Tarreek is no threat in this situation. He's not gonna do you anybody harm. I mean, you know that. So I think it I think obviously it was very excessive and unnecessarilyah.
Speaker 2: Like like, but like you know, I think the thing is, I mean, like Tyreek said, what if he wasn't who he was? Uh? And the thing is now I think you know, the cameras in a lot of times and people like, well body cameras on you know he had he they're wearing body cams and people like with Shannon, you're talking about you don't get on the elevator with women. Do you understand it was cameras? Do you know how many times we've seen stuff on cameras and most folks walk up out the courtrooms dot as free. And you want me to change that? Just my look? Guess what the camera is working that day? How many times there's a situation? Oh often forgot to turn his body cam on. O't Joe, I assume.
Speaker 3: Nothing, thinking they slick the moment you.
Speaker 2: Pulled somebody outf you're supposed to get that, but that's neither here north there. Yeah, Tyreek's okay, probably a little a lot of embarrassed, not a little a lot embarrassed because this played out in front of National in front of you know, you play in front of million, But I don't expect to be handcuffed, face down.
Speaker 3: With a knee in my back. Yeah. Oh, not in my own city. Not in the city I play for. And then Tyrone he did what Tyree Hill does. Uh.
Speaker 2: He catches an eighty yarder, takes it to the house. He ends the day seven catches, made seven catches for eighty yarder.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then he did a boy ten.
Speaker 2: Am that had his hand behind his back and at three am he had a celebration going with his hand behind his back. Heel and Jaylen Waddall count for two hundred about eleven of the Miami Dolphins four hundred total yards of offense UH two U through for three thirty eight one touchdowns. Jacksonville was the ninth best defense against the run last season.
Speaker 3: And they showed it.
Speaker 2: Miambi only had twenty five carries for eighty one yards, but a Chain has seventy five rushing. Wadle had five to one on nine. Tyreek had seven four buck thirty. But this game seemed to be Oh joe, this game was about to be put the way Jag eighteen. The Jags and dude could jump the pan up punches, they get the ball and two plays later Tyreek.
Speaker 3: So what was about to be a twenty four seven ball game? Oh joe.
Speaker 2: Now, all of a sudden, you get the ball at the twenty and two plays later, Tyreek's in the end zone, right, and so now what was supposed to be twenty four twenty four to seven is seventeen to fourteen. Now now you're getting out of crowds back in the game. Now the defense starting to feel good about themselves. We got a ball game him Miami credit. Jacksonville had an opportunity to really put some distance between them. They were unable to do it. And it just go it just yeah, and the blinking out of the momentum flip, just like that, Oh Joe. A fourteen points win, O Joe. The Steelers beat the Falcons behind six field goal by Chris Bonio.
Speaker 3: Eighteen to ten.
Speaker 2: Russell Wilson aggravated a CAF injury earlier in the week, gave Justin Fields an opportunity. Justin Fields from the Atlanta area. He completed seventeen or twenty three one hundred and fifty six yards. He rushed fourteen times for fifty seven yards. But the most important thing for Justin Phields he didn't turn it over. No, Chris Boswell is the koker, not Boneo. Chris bos And as the game went on, it looked like Justin Fields got more and more comfortable. He looked comfortably. Yeah, I say this again. The great thing that Tom Brady could do. He understood what type of game it was going to be. Justin Field, look ain't gonna be a whole lot of points. Score First of all, Arthur Smith is not gonna turn me loose, is not gonna have me throwing the spread the ball all over the field. So let me out get the ball to George Pickens. Let me have this ball off the Nijie Harris and let them do what they do. And all I don't as long as I don't put the ball in Harm's way, I like our chances of winning this ball game.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly what happened. The Steelers offense.
Speaker 2: Was they didn't get finished drive, but they had a very reliable kicker. He kicked a fifty one yarder, a fifty six yarder, a fifty seven yarder to because the first Pittsburgh Steeler kicker to kick three field goes the fifty plus yards in a game in franchise history. The question I got for you, o Jo, if Russell Wilson is healthy next week, does he start or do you stick with justin Fields?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. You know, you know Russell Wilson is going back to his starting job. You know, Russell Wilson was awarded the starting quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Therefore, when he he's back healthy, he's back in the slot. I think the offense in itself in general, especially with the playbook and the play calling with Arthur Smith, it opens up the playbook exponentially as opposed to it. As opposed that if Justin Field was at the helm to two different type of quarterbacks. So I think the best fit for the Steelers would be Russell Wilson for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Adam Scheff to drop the bomb this morning that coach Belichick wants to return to coaching next season.
Speaker 3: Tell he wanted to coach this season.
Speaker 2: That's why he went on job interviews that make it seem like they make it seem like coach Belichick turned jobs down.
Speaker 3: That wasn't the case. I you know, I'd like I'd like to see him coach.
Speaker 5: I think the difference now with Bill is will Bill be able to adapt to the younger generation of players?
Speaker 3: Will he be able to evolve? I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think the older style of coaching in a sense will resonate with the younger with a younger generation, I don't know if that makes sense. I think you might be able to explain it a little better. I think those in the chat might understand what I'm saying, being able to relate to the players, being able for getting the players to understand.
Speaker 3: How you do things.
Speaker 5: I don't think the old school style of coaching will will go very well with it.
Speaker 2: Coach Belichick wants to return to coaching if the right opportunity presents itself. Belichick will be able to keep a close eye on the league through the media projects, tracking his players and reading himself to coach again, O Jo, where do you land?
Speaker 3: Where would you think he will land?
Speaker 2: As I said, he went on some interviews. Remember he had two interviews with the Five Boys before they settle on raheem Moore more excuse me? Uh he interviewed somewhere? Where did the interview at? Then a you with two teams? I know he interviewed with the Falcons. Who Yeah, No, I'm saying did he interview I talking about to be a head coach? They wanted him as a d C and in saying France? Did he interview in Seattle? Did he interview?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Why am I thinking he interviewed with two teams? I know he had two interviews with the Falcons.
Speaker 5: I like, I like, I like honestly, honestly, I like Bill on TV. You want that record, I like Bill on TV. Nah, I think it's like three something like that, three forty seven, probably like twenty games.
Speaker 3: How far away is it? Twenty five games?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, hold on, that's it in the right situation. That's it in New England.
Speaker 5: He woman else, I mean, well obviously, yeah, I mean he wasn't gonna get it because well, I mean, we're we're going to like, can you imagine check with the Cowboys?
Speaker 3: The Falcons? Just the Falcons? Okay, so you just for a head coach? Yeah, huh, you heard me?
Speaker 5: Could you imagine bid the bill with the Cowboys that it happened?
Speaker 2: It's hard o cho when you think about it when you've had power for twenty years. Yeah, so last so twenty yes, sir, almost almost twenty five years. You had total control. How do you go and you have a general manager over you and you don't get really final say on the roster or draft.
Speaker 3: How you operate under that?
Speaker 5: I think you have a conversation before you even Yeah, that's why you have those those those interviews, understanding, understanding and laying laying the landscape before you even get hired. And if if the young fella with the star who owns the team doesn't doesn't agree, You just walk.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, jar give me one of the greatest coaches.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody do it better than him? I mean Bill, he can't start to finish. Can't nobody do it like me? Uh?
Speaker 3: Hey, thing about it?
Speaker 5: He's a he's a salesman. Can't nobody sick. Can't nobody sell a product like he can? Now that that that that I agree with
Speaker 1: The volume