Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live.
Speaker 3: From the Dallas Cowboys World head Course at the Star in Prisco. Touchdown six segmentcot Tinton any patient, Tuchdown and now.
Speaker 4: Your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the SWBC studios. Welcome in, everybody. We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today. We've got Patrick Noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back, you're eating your.
Speaker 5: It's my turn. I know what early it is?
Speaker 3: Early?
Speaker 6: Where'd you getting from?
Speaker 3: It's never too early, folks.
Speaker 5: I got him from the internet. Let's go, and I picked them up here at the Cowboys facility.
Speaker 3: Nice, so very nice. They had the whole box waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Oh no for me. Yeah, I didn't have to go through the box process. Yeah, help me out, flips. Nice. You have your resources, Kyle, you gotta gotta make it happen. Gotta make it happen on my healthy tip v I you, I was getting a little hustbery.
Speaker 3: Poor you said, you tell me you're down how many pounds since last week?
Speaker 5: Well check me out, Kyle. Last week, I was just thinking that I stepped on the scale. You know what I mean. I'm gonna need my brothers to tell me when your boys getting.
Speaker 3: A little USSEDX seven pounds. I tell you everything.
Speaker 5: I stepped on the scale last week and I was two hundred and fifty four pounds. Two fifty four, mind you, as opposed to I normally hang around the two forty mark.
Speaker 7: If I'm not doing anything, sow you up like fourteen.
Speaker 5: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: So so I was like, I was math, I'm mathing.
Speaker 5: I tried to put on it. I try to put one of my normal suits and it just wouldn't fit in away and normally fits and it's custom suit, you know.
Speaker 3: Kind of like kind of like ripping the pants like SpongeBob not that kind of doing that.
Speaker 5: But but my top, but you know in your top button don't don't button head? Yeah yeah, So I have to make a change. So I started getting back on my cardio game. I started eating cleaner again and Bro. This morning, I wigh in, I did my little workout, came in, waited in right before I, you know, got in the shower to forty six baby.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, to be fair, you wear a lot of sweatshirts, so I didn't know if it was all guess what.
Speaker 3: No, you were you were a turkey neck.
Speaker 5: It was turkey. You were not turkey. There was noble. A young young Hutch took a picture of the other day at the stadium. I said, wait a minute, Jackson, is no doubles. Gotta make a change.
Speaker 6: I'm taking offense to all of this. And it was I'm not the one that my pants.
Speaker 3: I don't even think, I said, knows that story yet.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he ripped his pants the other day in the.
Speaker 3: Press box like me. They were busted out after pregame. Bro, I went and sat down and I'm talking o Bro. Oh dude, like belt line all the way down to the inner thigh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely rip.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like the whole back squaks, broquats.
Speaker 5: It's not what it was.
Speaker 3: It's more like fatherhood Dad bought is what it is.
Speaker 6: Disneyland Mickey popsicles.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that looks like a showed that on a one shot, I look like a shark's mouth. Yeah yeah, no, I like a shark from mouth.
Speaker 6: One too many Mickey Mouse popsicles.
Speaker 5: You can see the light that is Kyle's.
Speaker 6: Did you hear those, buddy?
Speaker 3: Those Mickey ice cream bars last week?
Speaker 5: Got me? Man, did you see him with the with the rip pants?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I kept it very sly.
Speaker 5: The only person I was like a freaking oh, I know the window.
Speaker 3: I told the stories, so I don't want to go all the way back through it. But basically I had Barry look at it and I was like, how bad is it? And he was like, all right, sit back down. And it was bad because like I had green underpants on, like you just want oh yeah.
Speaker 5: All the way.
Speaker 7: Cow had the Grinch draw Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not good, so black pants, oh yeah, the black pants, green underpants all the way through. So basically, long story short, I walked to my truck, found some jeans, went to Walmart, bought some new pants, went back to my truck, changed into the new pants, and got back up to the breast box.
Speaker 5: In the two minute warning of the of the second quarter, dues that.
Speaker 6: Would wear the underpants that have the hearts on them.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, oh, like the like the boxers, very wide boxers with the hearts on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I probably I thought that was reserved for for guys who have like vans with shack carpeting inside.
Speaker 5: No, how do you not know what I drive? I mean what I mean?
Speaker 3: I work with you.
Speaker 5: I know, I'm just messing with you.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get introduce some notes. We got plenty to get. So that was there for that, Oh, I know. That was the first thing I said to Barry. I was like, I'm glad you're here and not Isaiah shark bite. He would have been Isaiah would have turned around.
Speaker 5: And been like, hey, I would have made a scene. It would have been a whole scene.
Speaker 3: Barry's a good friend over here taking up.
Speaker 4: So as we transition from senior green draws. Wait they were green out of the pack right, Oh yeah, out of the pack.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 4: All right, News and notes, we're gonna go over the Cowboys injury report as we as we talked about Cooper BB this week. Obviously the headline is to Marven over shown he would had the injured reserve unfortunately here shortly, but Cooper BB, he's in question obviously going into this short week. Like I said, my expectation is that he will not take the field in Carolina against the Panthers. Mike mccar said that he is making some progress, there's a chance, but doesn't sound exactly optimistic. That's not the way I would describe it. So Cooper Beebe did not participate in practice on yesterday. Expected Eric Kendricks. He had a non injury related issue. So he's listed as a shoulder because he's been dealing with the shoulder, but the reason he misspractice was for a personal matter that's undisclosed at this time.
Speaker 3: One year.
Speaker 4: Thomas continues to deal with the meniscus issue in his knee. Did not participate. His was two to three weeks from the date of the injury. We'll see if he can get back on the field this season. Trayvon Diggs limited. C J goodwhen limited with the hamstring issue. Ceedee Lamb still nursing the shoulder, but he did practice limited capacity. Jordan Lewis hamstring issue, but he practiced in unlimited capacity as well. Everyone else that's on the injured reserve. I'm sorry on the injury report. Dran bland Rico, Daldo Tyler, Gott and Marshaw Kniela and Tyler Smith. They are all full participants in yesterday's practice.
Speaker 6: I don't like that. Why delete that?
Speaker 3: It's not likable.
Speaker 8: It's It's not like there's not many instances where I would actually go back in times, you know what I mean, take a time machine and reverse things.
Speaker 6: But if I could go back to that, that Bengals game and just fourth.
Speaker 9: Quarter, if you have a machine where you're going back to in yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm going back to March, this free agency thing fixed, and then we'll go from there.
Speaker 7: I'm not shots I'm fired, not shots fired.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying what I would easy man, I'm just saying this is what I would do if I had a time machine.
Speaker 5: You know, I think it would take a lot longer than March to fix that free agents. I had a time machine, I would go to go further back to the second quarter of the Cincinnati game in the press box. I wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I was watching on my phone from the second quarter. It was the very first Like literally, as I sat down from pregame, I had not even gotten food yet, I am with It would.
Speaker 8: Have been worse if you were eating you a big plate of food. You sit down and your fans you're like, you know what I'm gonna put this?
Speaker 5: I walked, I walked. I went back for the halftime like thing and food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 5: You know there was there was.
Speaker 3: At this point, it's all done. Dammage is done. That's why I'm eating nothing but egg whites today.
Speaker 4: Over n he just pictured Josh with the time machine and everything rewinds back and certainly we were back in the press box and we turn around and Josh seat is empty and went like, where's Josh? And it's the the offending play that injured to Marviy on the show. Suddenly we looked down on the.
Speaker 6: Fields are just running.
Speaker 3: There's a fan on the field.
Speaker 4: He's just running full speed to dive right in front of the guy who's about to be thrown into Demo's knee.
Speaker 3: He's like, take me, and God take me.
Speaker 5: I feel like vision I have visioned running across the field with a big shark hole in the drawers, green draws, running like grew across the dog field.
Speaker 6: They're just splitting the runs.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Talking Cow.
Speaker 6: His pints are desperating like Forrest Gump.
Speaker 5: Avenger. I was running Yellowjack security.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's on my butt. We gotta have your kids yelling at the screen.
Speaker 1: Getting that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whenever we read an injury report like that, we got to find some level of humor.
Speaker 5: We gotta find something.
Speaker 4: So you said, what is why dealing with a game miniscus? So it's two or three weeks from the injury wait to bring that back roughly is a hell yeah, yeah, we uh we stand for one year here, Yea. Absolutely so anybody else on that injury report that.
Speaker 3: You're even that, I mean, you're gonna ask me this everyone Yeah, pretty much that that you're concerned about make Cooper BB is the big one.
Speaker 4: But obviously if he's not able to play, then brought offmin slides in the starting center and TJ Bass and the right guard, everyone else, I mean, je Yea, we knew he'd miss this game. Trayvon practice, everyone else participated in practice that I would kind of draw a circle around ceedde Lamb.
Speaker 3: He participated in practice.
Speaker 4: Jay lou deran Rico guy in Niland Smith, I mean Tylers Smith, those guys are a practice. So really, outside of what we know about Cooper BB, nothing else really jumps out because like I said, Eric Kendricks did not practice yesterday, and although he's listed with the shoulder that he's been dealing with, it was a personal day for him. It was something he was dealing with outside of work. So yeah, I mean, other than Cooper, Beb everything else, I don't want to say it's positive, but it's not as it's not worse. It didn't get worse yesterday.
Speaker 6: It's been worse.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say it didn't get worse yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that really all I can say at this point.
Speaker 6: So it's not the worst thing in the world. I'll give you that.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 7: It didn't get worse yesterday. That's all I can say. Man, now that you check me tomorrow, now.
Speaker 3: That you've had a little bit of time to kind of peace through the film of TJ. Pass and brock Hoffman as your interior or offensive line, did you feel better or worse after watching it again than you did on Monday seeing it.
Speaker 5: In real time?
Speaker 7: Watching it back gave me the same same film, the.
Speaker 4: Same fuzzy wuzzies and mobili that I watching it in real time. I mean, in real time it felt like they were really doing well up front, and then you go back and watch the film and lo and behold your eyes did not deceive you from the real time assessment. They were really doing well. They were protecting Cooper Rush quite well. Like we talked about, there were times when Cooper Rush had plenty of time in the pocket, he just didn't make the throw. They were also opening up lanes for Rico Daldill to continue to do damage on the ground. So from my perspective, brock Hoffin and TJ. Bass played very well.
Speaker 8: If you saw, I mean, I agree with you. But one thing that I saw as far as the offensive line goes, was Tuma. Like I thought, last week was a much better impression of what what you'd want to see out of Tuma than you did this week.
Speaker 5: This week, I agree.
Speaker 8: I don't want to say he took a step back, but it just didn't feel like he brought him work.
Speaker 6: That's one hundred percent.
Speaker 12: Part of it.
Speaker 4: That's Trey Hendrickson absolutely took him to school.
Speaker 3: Trey Henderson. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, and this is really good, right.
Speaker 4: And this is not to say that that Chuman necessarily can't handle himself, but Trey Hendrickson does what he does to everybody.
Speaker 3: He lines up again.
Speaker 4: So Chuman walked into that game with the odds stacked wildly against him, and it played out how we thought it would play out.
Speaker 3: Trey Hendrickson is him. I agree.
Speaker 8: I just don't think that the footwork was necessarily there for Tuma this week transpired to last week.
Speaker 3: A lot of that is he desgration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gets your feet tangled up outside step and then come inside with the inside step, then go outside.
Speaker 3: He's nasty. When I watched it back on Tuesday, it's still weird to me. It feels like a Wednesday today, but Tuesday. Whenever I watched it back, I thought brock Hoffman may have had his best game as a cowboy in my opinion, because he was uber efficient in pass block and run block, both at guard and at center. And if you can do that and then over the course almost split fifty to fifty, you had about I think it was thirty snaps at center and it was like twenty six snaps sick guard or something like that. It was almost split fifty to fifty, and he was just as effective.
Speaker 5: In both spots. And I love that. I think that versatility.
Speaker 3: I was already sold on brock Hoffman by what he had shown previously, but now I see why he got the nod over ToJ.
Speaker 5: Bass.
Speaker 3: Bass is still a great player, and I think as a pass blocker, I think TJ. Bass was very good. Yeah, if not perfect for what you were asked to do. He wasn't perfect in winning every single rep and whatever I don't think he allowed did not allow a pressure.
Speaker 5: He did have the one penalty.
Speaker 3: I didn't love what I saw from a run blocking standpoint from from TJ. I think he can still be downhill a little bit better. I really liked what I saw pass blocking from both guys, but brock Hoffman was the one that did both well.
Speaker 8: You say that, but that was Rico o'daddle's best game as a Cowboys running back, and.
Speaker 3: Most of it came after or before TJ. Bass was in there. Though that's fair. He kept it going, he kept running well, and I think they continued to run the ball effectively with Rico Daudell and.
Speaker 6: That's after they let off the gas pedal as far as the run game goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think not that TJ. Bass was bad as a run blocker. I just think he was better as a pass blocker, whereas brock Hoffman was great at both.
Speaker 8: You gotta love the that you have currently at offensive line when you're fully healthy, you have to. You have to appreciate what they've done. And the scouts on this team obviously have had some impressive work when it comes to evaluating offensive line.
Speaker 3: And give credit to the coaching staff too for for not giving up on certain guys too. Absolutely, it brought very easily. Whenever he's picking fights in training camp and he's he's showing some nastiness at different times that could be taken the wrong way from time to time, and that hasn't been the case. They've stuck with him and he's rewarding them. I feel much better about this offensive line now than I did prior to the Zach Martin injury.
Speaker 5: And that's a sentence. I don't think I would have ever said it in my entire.
Speaker 6: Life, but you're entirely that is accurate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel much when you consider this season Zech was having because he was banged up time and again and he was dealing with what turned out to be a generative situation at his ankle. I mean, it's it's not an outlandish state meant to make. I mean, we we talked about, you know, possibly going bass fishing. Yeah, before the season ending ankle injury. So yeah, And like you said, shouts out to Will McLay and the scouting staff because in the scouting department, because we're sitting here talking about in brock Kaufman and TJ. Bass, two undrafted guys who are.
Speaker 5: Playing andttributing at a high level.
Speaker 4: In short order, contributed at a high level to the point where we feel confident about that going forward. That's that's saying a lot for both the scouting department, how they've been coached up and of course those players and just grinding away, grinding away, looking for their opportunity and then making the best of it when the opportunity presented it.
Speaker 3: If you would have asked me, and this is why there's still significant portions of these games coming up down the stretch, if you would have asked me a month ago who the first round pick was going to be for the Cowboys, what position group it would be? I think I would have said left tackle. I think I would have said, Okay, we're gonna pick it. Yeah, I think we would have. I would have said we were picking in the fifteen, you're going to take You're flipping Guiton. You're cutting Terrence Steel, cutting with him completely that this was a month a month ago.
Speaker 5: Let that be No, where you are I'm not there now.
Speaker 3: I think now, with TJ Bass and Brock Hoffman and Terrence Steel and some of the things I've seen as the season is done on, I think I would rather keep Guiton at left tackle.
Speaker 5: I am crazy.
Speaker 3: I would keep Early on.
Speaker 6: In the season, I was like, what good?
Speaker 3: But no, I would totally take a left tackle. Flip Guiton. Then you've got three first rounders in your in your on your offensive line. TJ Bass, at that point in my head, was going to be.
Speaker 5: Your future right guard.
Speaker 3: One Zack Martin decides to call it quits.
Speaker 5: I love what Cooper BB does at center.
Speaker 3: I felt good about my offensive line with that pick.
Speaker 5: I don't want to do that anymore. Do you want BB?
Speaker 3: What was that? Would you want to go back to BB after what Hoffman showed? Yeah, because I would put I would put Hoffman back at guard. BB's your starting BB's your starter centers, guys.
Speaker 7: And it's an answer, would you would you go back to bebe?
Speaker 5: I don't know? Wow, Now you're the one, You're the crazy one.
Speaker 7: All right, mister hot take care to care to drop in an explanation like.
Speaker 5: You were that.
Speaker 3: Go to break.
Speaker 5: The window long, I honestly haven't. I haven't watched enough of those guys. I don't think we've seen enough. I haven't watched enough of those guys doing what they do. But I I there is something about having a sinner who has an edge and who has a nastiness, And I haven't watched enough Cooper Bebe to say yay or.
Speaker 3: Nay, Bobe has nastiness.
Speaker 7: I don't know if he has stops at the whistle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I mean I don't think that's fair to compare him to Brock when it comes to.
Speaker 5: Like he just sounds aggressive that I would have to do in order to do either any of them justice, I would need to do a will sit down in film review to watch the energy inside eye.
Speaker 4: What I will say is Hoffman is very good at center. But there is a reason BB beat him out at center. So you put BB back at center, and you instead of trying to decide which play center, you put them right next to each other like you were doing, and you prosper, and you prospers, Bros.
Speaker 7: Prosper that's actually pretty going to stick.
Speaker 3: That's going to stick. The thing about now, that was a month ago. Remember that was what I was looking at of the draft ahead of time.
Speaker 5: Now, with TJ.
Speaker 3: Baffman showing me what they've done and the versatility that they've shown on the offensive line, you have the ability to go away from the offensive line in the first round. Don't know where they're going to go yet. It may be wide receiver, it may be running back, it maybe whoever the hell it ends up being from the defensive side of the ball. But it gives you the option, and that's something you didn't have. I don't think going.
Speaker 6: Forward at linebacker. Linebacker, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 3: It ends up your back at linebacker.
Speaker 4: But shouts I don't know about the first round. No, I wouldn't say first round, but shouts out line running back. Shouts out to the Cowboys because they call a lot of smoke from certain pockets of the fan base for using that pick on merist when because obviously a lot of fans, we included wanted a running back around that time. Right, you used to pick on the linebacker, and then the run on the running backs occurs and you start losing guys, right, but as it turns out, Marist is going to be much needed in the absence of the Marveyon nova shown into and possibly through the entire day of the twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Found Let me let me put it this way or go for it?
Speaker 3: Well, no, you got I'm just gonna say if that if you were to be if you were to take the first, second and third round picks from the twenty twenty three draft and the twenty twenty four draft, and you were to say, who is the most productive out of the first, second and third round picks out of both of those drafts, marys Lee, if I would probably lead the way I pick turned out to be brilliant because de Marvin overshown because of injuries.
Speaker 5: In twenty twenty three, there's your third round pick.
Speaker 3: Then you had Schoonmaker and Mazzie Smith as your second in your first round picks, respectively.
Speaker 5: Then you go to this year, you had Tyler Geidon.
Speaker 3: Injuries and lack thereof playing time, that kind of thing happening at left tackle. Your second round pick was whom I forget, oh, marsh On nealand injuries.
Speaker 5: Maris Lee, if.
Speaker 3: That's that third round pick, he's been just as productive if as anybody else.
Speaker 4: And now he's going to keep you out of being back in dire straits at linebacker.
Speaker 6: Yes, arguably more conductive than marsh On Knealen.
Speaker 3: Well not argue he's been on the feast.
Speaker 6: I mean technically was technically so.
Speaker 3: So literally doesn't mean talent wise. There is no literally in terms of pretty been available, which means he's been more productive. Part of it is how it goes all right, when we come back here on Talking Cowboys, we're going to go into a little QB vision. Isaiah has been taking a look at this Carolina defense, what they bring to the table. There's only one team in the NFL that's given up more points per game than the Dallas Cowboys defense.
Speaker 5: Would you like to guess which team?
Speaker 3: And that was ummm, I'll tell you after the break.
Speaker 5: We're talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee. Today, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 1: Five yew require yours compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your areas.
Speaker 5: See add dot com slash five G for you footy deals.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 13: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the.
Speaker 6: Game day lineup that can't be beat better.
Speaker 13: Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 6: The winds will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Roats trusted since eighteen seventy seven. That team that I teased earlier, quake ar code. Get it done.
Speaker 8: Use the quake R code in the left hand corner to buy your oats on the internet.
Speaker 6: You know what it does since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 5: You know it goes good with Quaker oats.
Speaker 6: Bring out the good black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 5: Are you gonna check it, little RTD? I'm not checking it today. I have a whole thing of water. Nice, but I am gonna sip on it. It's nice and chilled. Have a chilled one, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Jo.
Speaker 7: You're going to follow a bottle of water, a whole bottle of water with coffee?
Speaker 5: Yeah, then I'm gonna chase I'm gonna chase it with tea. I'm gonna chase it with water. Somebody's gonna have to sink, BROSI listen, I've been drinking about a gallon and a half of water. That's part of it. Geez, a gallon and a half of water. Blush the system, man, work out. I don't know how many of these are down the fat water water out.
Speaker 6: I do at least four of.
Speaker 5: These a day. That's pretty good. That's pretty awesome. Yeah, that's thirty two ounces. Yeah, kool aid, I'm not going there.
Speaker 9: Blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's blue.
Speaker 6: No, Yeah, just ice water, four of those every day.
Speaker 5: That's the gally.
Speaker 3: Wait did you say it's blue?
Speaker 5: Is that thirty that's thirty two?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: No, I don't know if it's thirty two. I don't have the number.
Speaker 3: We'll figure it out and we'll let you after the break.
Speaker 4: It's a large quantity. Yeah, the uh, I know, Josh with the Oss with the Sure.
Speaker 3: Let's get into a little bit QB vision. Beamer White Eddy, Why lady put up?
Speaker 7: It's time for QB Vision with Isaiah's stand back.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, time back. My voice is back, so you guys get the full version of me today. I'm really excited.
Speaker 5: Okay, great opportunity for the Dallas Cowboys to go against a team that's worse than them defensively. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only team in the NFL that's given them more points per game than Cowboys Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 5: Do you know why points per game? You know why Kyle want because they're bad.
Speaker 14: They're I mean, they're bad, but you know why they're bad defensive line? They are so scared. You guys are faced defensives that are so scared to get beat, they're scurried.
Speaker 5: Shook it. Okay, So teams that are very scared don't be scared. They do what defensively to ensure that bad things don't happen. Back a back up. So if you go back and watch the entire for.
Speaker 15: The Delphia Eagles, the Prevent Panthers, it is literally the Prevent Panthers. When I say that, I mean the safety is playing when a quarterback is in a gun formation. To safety is playing twenty five yards away from the quarterback.
Speaker 6: Which safety is that? Which safety is that?
Speaker 5: Oh? I mean freaking some guy who's here.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, you know his name x Exavier. Yeah, we kind of know his game a little bit.
Speaker 5: But it's not just it's not a preference so that works. Yeah, he chooses pick and chooses. But the woods that was when keeping it real goes wrong. That was so bad.
Speaker 3: It goes so wrong.
Speaker 5: But it's not a preference thing. This isn't like, hey, okay, I'm choosing to do my own thing, Like this is being taught down there and these guys are playing about twenty five yards off at the safety position, at the cornerback position, they're playing about eight yards off. Regardless of the coverage. It doesn't matter if they're playing single high safety and Cover three. It doesn't matter if they're playing Cover four, it doesn't matter if they're playing Cover six. For those that are concerned and trying to figure out exactly what those coverages mean, well, those coverages mean, I say, all right, and Cover three there's five guys. Others there's four guys underneath, okay, And Cover two there's five guys underneath, including the corners, three linebackers, two corners sitting at the edges.
Speaker 6: Understand and didn't.
Speaker 5: Cover four there's three guys covering underneath, and they have four secondary guys that are playing each quarter of the field in the back end ensuring that nothing bad happens and it Covers six is a combination of Cover four and Cover two in which you have guys that are rolled down playing Cover two on one side of the field and the other guys are playing deep. So with all that being said, it doesn't matter. Typically, Typically it does matter based upon what coverage that they're playing out of those but all these coverages are kind of playing and feeling the same right their defensive coordinators calling different different coverage packages, but they're playing alike because the amount of space that you're being given to run your routes. The purpose of calling these different coverages is to give the quarterback different looks and to present different options and negate different available holes in the defense. When you're playing eight to nine yards off at the cornerback position, where you're playing twenty five yards off in the safety position, it doesn't matter. It all just looks the same.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's their so far back anyways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, it doesn't matter. It's routes on air, right, the way in which you those fans that have been have been blessed enough to go to the stadium and watch the Cowboys warm up, you know, and run routes with the quarterbacks throwing the ball to the receivers and the tight ends, and those guys are just no defenders. That's exactly what it looks like that. And literally there is nobody at the line of scrimmage pressing.
Speaker 3: Up at all. So just to add to that, and it's not just the safeties, it's everybody across the board. Linebackers have aligned four point seven yards off the line of scrimmage on average.
Speaker 5: This season and the Panthers defense it's the second deepest of any team amongst their linebacking unit.
Speaker 3: Because of this kind of a side product of it, the defense has allowed one point nine yards before contact per carry.
Speaker 2: That's almost two yards per carry gift before anybody that's touch. That's called contact right there, that's all it can be. That is giving up yardage in terms of running.
Speaker 3: Imposing rushers also averaged three and a half yards for actual or for every actual rushing yard game designed runs against the Panthers defense fewest in the NFL. I'm glad you brought that up. So it's pretty wild.
Speaker 5: So obviously I just adjusted the passing game in the running game that there are plenty of holes and opportunities on the ground, and a lot of it is because of that, a lot of it because how far off everybody's playing right. And the thing is you compound the fact that their secondary plays far off right. You always hear the analogy if you have a bad defense, you typically have corners that have a lot of tackles. Not this team, because the corners are too far away to come up and make an impact. So if your corners are playing too far away and your defense is not in a position to make tackles. Now, all of a sudden, you start getting those stat lines where you have two yards before you get any kind of contact, because you're getting across the line of scrimmage, down the field up to the second level before anybody.
Speaker 3: Can touch you.
Speaker 5: Not only that, they don't do a good job of containment. So whether it's a running back or whether it's a quarterback, you're able to break containment on these guys and get outside the tackle box. And therefore, if your receivers are running off their guys and not blocking out the line of scrimmage, but they're faking as if they're running a route, and there their guys fifteen twenty yards deep. Now, all of a sudden, once you break containment of that tackle box, you have big plays that are out there, big splash plays on the ground. So somebody named should have a relatively good day in this. I say that to say, don't go into bunch formations, bunch and condensed sets. They actually do a relatively good job of getting and restricting and constricting all the running lanes. So spread these guys out right. Every times I've seen it in on a film where you bring everybody in condensed sets, and they stopped the run. They stopped around. There's just too many people and one air congesticed. They gets congested. These guys are playing downhill, but when you spread them out right, they go right back to their rules. Oh, I gotta play, I gotta play, I gotta back up, I gotta play off. I gotta see everything in front of me right, I need to see it coming. And they're not reacting to it. So coverage is not great because of the techniques that they're being taught. Their running defense is not great. They're outside linebackers walk up to the edge of the line of scrimmage to present what looks like a five man front, which is underfront, so the deepensive line slides are way from the strength of your tight end. The outside lnebacker will walk down on the edge and try to present outside contained run force. Their hips are locked up like a coon, so they don't do well in terms of that outside certainment. Once you get outside that tackle box, you can run for days, so you have opportunity to pretty much do whatever the heck you want in the passing game. So Dallas's short passing game works against a team like this. You know, when Dallas has not been pushing the ball down the field, Cooper Rushes passes have been anywhere from four yards or fifteen yards down field.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they won't need to.
Speaker 3: It works against that.
Speaker 5: That what you're seeing out of Dallas's offense will be successful against Carolina's defense because of their techniques that they're playing.
Speaker 3: More stats to back up the film that you're breaking down here? Would you want the good news or the bad news for me?
Speaker 5: Both?
Speaker 3: Man, I'll give you the good news first because it sets it up better Cowboys offense. You said, what what do they need to do against this Carolina defense in terms of them out? Okay, spread formation? Right, spread it out. Cowboys offenses use spread formations on a league high forty percent of offensive plays this season.
Speaker 5: That's good, new league high good news. Right? That sounds good. You want to hear the bad news of it though?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 3: Cooper Rush as quarterback has recorded the sixth lowest completion percentage in terms of six yards per attempt out of spread.
Speaker 5: Formations this year, not this week.
Speaker 6: But you know what, this is a get right game.
Speaker 3: You think this is the opportunity to up maybe not both numbers, but up the second number a little bit right.
Speaker 6: Well, let me tell you this, man, The defense is not good. That's it. No, let me tell you why they're not good.
Speaker 8: They are thirty first in opponent yards per game, yeah, twenty seventh in opponent's yards per play, thirty second in third down conversion twenty six and opposing red zone scoring, thirty second in opponent touchdowns per game, and thirty second in the posts opponent rush yards per game.
Speaker 6: That is not good.
Speaker 5: I felt like I know what Patrick's about to say.
Speaker 3: Here. I'm letting y'all get it all out of use.
Speaker 5: What do you what are you about to say?
Speaker 4: You were correct? You're correct, fantastic breakdown, You're correct. The other thing that's true on top of you guys being correct, is that I don't care. Let me explain what I mean by that. Let me explain what I mean by that. We spent the end seem pretty clear to me, buddy. We spent the entirety of last week. We spent the entirety of last week talking about how.
Speaker 3: Historically horrible.
Speaker 4: The Cincinnati Bengals defense is historically terrible and literally one of the worst in the last half decade, and one of the worst in NFL then, and you could only mount twenty points against them. Now, segueing from what I said yesterday, we were talking about it during the break. I wasn't trying to present the Panthers defense as good or solid or capable. Sure, just statistically they're better than the literal worst defense in the league. And the Cincinnati Bengals could.
Speaker 3: Couple of areas, couple of.
Speaker 4: Areas, but you could only muster twenty points again them correct on your own field, I.
Speaker 5: Would argue this Panthers defense is worse. I guess outside outside of a lot on.
Speaker 4: The corner of my screen, outside of what Trey Hendrickson does coming forward to the Panthers, You're right, they do play sugar, so they give a lot of space. Yes, they're going to give you a bunch of criminal presents, Mary Krimin, all right, almost the first down worth of yardists before they.
Speaker 3: Come up and try to put hands at that number.
Speaker 4: But we talked a lot about the offensive line they're going to have to protect because this Panthers defense last week, notwithstanding against the Eagles, they can get after the quarterback, Javian.
Speaker 7: Clown, they can get after the quarterback.
Speaker 4: They had three sacks apiece against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Kansas City Chiefs. They had a combined twelve quarterback pressures in those games. So when you're talking about Cooper Rush and the offensive line, one thing the Panthers can do, probably the only thing that they can do effectively, is cast some disruptions in that backfield. My concern when it comes to Coop Rush is, yes, the Cowboys have run spread quite a bit. Yes, Mike McCarthy is calling the plays that can you know, those quick pass rush beaters where it's like screen here, quick flat here?
Speaker 3: What are the throws there? Right? Are the reds there? It's Cooper Rush.
Speaker 4: Comfortable even when the pocket is sufficient, I'm not seeing enough of that. So, yes, this is another game, a second consecutive game wherein the Cowboys offense has both the firepower even though they're deficient in a lot of ways. Right, they have the firepower with Rico dowd Oor. Brandon Cooks has two touchdowns in two games. Right, Ceedelamb got rid of the drop seas over the week prior. They have a sufficient offensive line. Knock On Wood, Jake Ferguson's backlook Schoolmaker is still being affecting the game as play. Cowboys have enough firepower to overcome another bad defense, But I just saw them not overcome one of the worst defenses.
Speaker 7: So that's that's what I mean when I say out of it.
Speaker 8: But they're also not going up against the best quarterback in the NFL. That's kind of where I'm at. But I don't think Bryson is going to be able to pick apart this Cowboys defense. While simultaneously we'll stop talking about I know, I know, but I'm saying I don't think there's going to be enough there for them to consistently attack what the Cowboys are doing on offense.
Speaker 3: You're saying Dallas doesn't need to score twenty points against this defense.
Speaker 8: I think they're going to anyone. Yeah, I think they're gonna I think this has the potential to be a shootout. However, you do have potentially Trayvon Diggs and you have Doron Bland, who are going to eliminate.
Speaker 6: I think here's what Bryce Young is able to do while running outside.
Speaker 3: Of the boat. To my concern here, I'm going to max two things. Can we do it after the break, Yes we can't. Yeah, let's do it after the right. We're gonna mix around that concern, big old pot of concern about to be plowed up here inside Cowboy Talking Cowboys in the podcast studio. We're talking cowboys. Right after this, Todd.
Speaker 16: Thought it would be secure to jog in the cheat of Savansa. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 5: Five G requires CAMPAPBA plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See att dot com slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 1: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment.
Speaker 5: Gater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment.
Speaker 1: United Agon Turf, the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 11: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster tank cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yeti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 10: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To talkin Cowboys back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show brought to you by in Vizilne the Official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys, Patrick Nocy Walker, Isaiah Standback, Josh Rodriguez, Chris.
Speaker 5: Beam in the back.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeoman's can the North Texas?
Speaker 15: Was it mean Green Eagles? Eagles mean green? Yes, there's no eagles? Is it a Bird's there's.
Speaker 3: An eagle in the logo? But they don't want you to call them the Eagles? What because Eagles are dumb? Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 5: This is what I'm talking.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, well Eagles too.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 5: Anyways, next year, what can the mean Green Eagles?
Speaker 3: Can they beat you? And c That's all I want to probably not Bill Belichick is about to get any transfer portal, quarterback, wide receiver player possible that in I L money would buy. And they've got an in I L money in Chapel Hill.
Speaker 5: They don't have more money than Texas. They don't you. Actually the money that comes into you is the state of Texas, Kyle.
Speaker 3: I saw the numbers of the revenue share amongst the American Athletic Conference. Out of the thirteen teams in the American Athletic Conference, they're number eleven, And.
Speaker 5: Well, aren't you helping I.
Speaker 2: Skyles a good event that raised like seven hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Yes, athletes, So just do that like twenty times a year, I know exactly.
Speaker 3: And then where the Disney and all that money went away.
Speaker 5: We were just talking about allocation of funds exactly.
Speaker 3: So no, U n C is going to be that Belichick move that's playing chess, not checkers, because in NIL, the era of college we're getting on a tangent. NIL era of college football is basically free agency every year from NIL money which UNC has, and coaching and bringing in players and being able to circle through them. Bill Belichick has already had twenty four seasons in the NFL as a pro head coach and more than that, actually, but that's a pro head coach. He it's basically being a pro head coach. Put in college college.
Speaker 5: I've been listening. I know we don't even get on seeing, but I've been listening to these very well off individuals in the business world talking about how they are buying colleges. Yeah. Next, that's pretty not investing, not donating.
Speaker 6: Next up on mix shots, what's Miszoo got going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's probably get crazy.
Speaker 5: It's gonna it's already crazy. It's there's gonna be a side of tangent. I'm not going to go through it. Let's continue about you. I'm very passionate about college sports. I love college sports.
Speaker 3: That's why I love the draft. That's why I love the draft. Marries both of them. You're the freaking man when its I appreciate it freaking a All right, Patrick, you said you had some concern, Yeah, my college, no concern. Captain underpens Is, you're such as sure.
Speaker 12: Sometimes the Cowboys, the Cowboys off Cowboys offense has not has not shown me that they can really blow the lid off of poor defenses that they line up against.
Speaker 3: Right, So there's some I did go Phil Kendrick, why.
Speaker 7: Live Look at Cayle in the press box, their heads except their green.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, someone do a photoshop of Kyle.
Speaker 3: Kyle before press conference.
Speaker 1: A little.
Speaker 3: Cry?
Speaker 4: All right, Oh concern. So I talked about my main concern the Cowboys offense unable to take full advantage of bad defenses. But I mean so when you even flipping on the opposite side. Cole said something on yesterday that really sticks out that kind of ties on, ties into what you're saying. You have to wonder where this defensive mindset is going into this game on a short week after such an emotionally fracturing loss. Because you talk about Michael Parsons being overcome with emotions, you talk about the locker room being so dejected, the most dejected I've seen them at any point in this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the question is from a Cowboys defensive standpoint versus a Bryce Young who's getting more confident and Chop Hubbard in this offense and Lagett and feeling and they're getting more confident, and Canalis as a head coach, is getting more confident.
Speaker 7: I just feel like emotionally they're in two different places right now.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: So I don't know what version of the Cowboys defense comes out.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's a version that says, you know what I'm gonna We're gonna show you that we're not broken from from what happened on Monday night, or if it's the version that lets Jamar Chase get the forty yard go ahead touchdown because they're still kind of in shock and they haven't really recovered from it yet. So that's to that side of the ball. But again flipping back to Panthers defense. Yeah, they're gonna give you a bunch of gifts. Question is can you take advantage of them when Ceedee Lamb hits you with a deep crosser and he's waving his hand.
Speaker 3: Do you see him? Yeah? Can you get it too?
Speaker 5: Can you get it to him?
Speaker 6: That's another thing, when you get it to him right?
Speaker 3: And can you finally get.
Speaker 5: That's the cust the whole outfit, bro, you gotta do. It's a whole outfit, kept it under website, whole outfit.
Speaker 3: So that's that's my point.
Speaker 5: Can you play defense against somebody who eats raccoons?
Speaker 15: Whatt but get oh he said it eats raccoons and eat squirrels.
Speaker 6: Oh well, that's just he also can't catch game winning touchdown.
Speaker 5: You're not worried about it?
Speaker 6: That is then I don't know, man, Okay, Ja see what.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, And I realize I'm playing devil advocate here because everything we're saying, all four of versus siss is completely correct. All of the positives that you guys are saying, as far as why the Cowboys should be able to walk into Bank of America State and have their way so to speak against the Panthers defense one correct. The reasons I'm saying that they may not are also on film because we're seeing games in which they are not taking advantage of it.
Speaker 5: You have to give credit though, who show because even as bad as they look on film, they still took us two times Super Bowl championship team, right, the NFC favorites in terms of going to Super Bowl this year, right, and a playoff team in Tampa Bay took them all to the dog on wire.
Speaker 3: Facts.
Speaker 5: And so, like you know what I'm saying, Like as bad as we're talking about, you got to give them respect because there's some aspect that they're as competitive.
Speaker 6: That's Bryce Young.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 4: I think The biggest thing is belief. They believe now, and and that hurts, making them a little bit.
Speaker 3: More dodgerous in my opinion. If their offense has confidence now, but so does the Cowboys defense. The ineptability of the I know Demo going into last I still think Michaeh Parson's being unavailable.
Speaker 5: I think he's still gonna be fine.
Speaker 6: What your secondary, I think your second secondary has been playing really.
Speaker 7: Trayvon's back, and you got Deran and he those two enjoy in.
Speaker 3: I think they can. They will affect the game.
Speaker 8: And if you saw what Doron Bland did last year in Carolina, I think you will see that again.
Speaker 6: I think Doron Bland is going to have his best game of the.
Speaker 8: Year because of the confidence of thinking he can put it anywhere. And oh, the only problem is you have Jordan Lewis, Trayvon Diggs and.
Speaker 4: And are you going in with the mindset of we're going to win this for our fallen brother and Demarvin Overshon. Are you going in with the mindset of we don't have de move on the field. I don't know which one of those two versions show up.
Speaker 5: Josh, what do you until concerned about in this game.
Speaker 8: Jac Horn, I think is a really solid He's a solid corner man. I think he's a solid cornerback. I think it's unfortunate that they're exactly what they're having him do because he is the antithesis of Trayvon Dicks.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 8: He will not let you have yards after catch. He will tackle you immediately. He's not afraid to get into the run game. He is literally the antithesis of that. However, you have Mike Jackson on the other side, who is not having his best year his best years.
Speaker 6: We're in Seattle and but we know him as well.
Speaker 5: But he's also so to your point, right, there's a lot of there's a lot of symmetry here, and I know we get out of it. There's a lot of symmetry between these two defenses. Dallas Cowboys have three really good corners that aren't being allowed to do what they do best. The Carolina Panthers have one really good corner and I think a very competitive corner right, that aren't being allowed to do what they do because Jackson is like he's Jackson is a mauler. He wants to get up there and put his hands out, his physical k.
Speaker 6: He's not having a great year.
Speaker 5: He's not having a great year, right because because of this, because you're playing seven to nine off ye, yeah, right, So the things that you do best. You want Jackson, you want Horn, you want those guys to DeLine of scrimmage, putting hands on guys. You want Jay Lou, you want Traymon Diggs. You want Deron Bland and be able to get up there and put hands on you know, obviously Durron Bland got the work done to him at the end of the game, but other than that, get up there and put hands on them, right, And so like both of these secondaries are capable of doing so much more, but they're being subjected to whatever the coach calls. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, and like you said, there is symmetry between both teams, because I agree with Patrick in the same sense that you got to see what Cowboys team is going to show up period, playing and simple, but we're not going to know that until.
Speaker 6: The first And that's to society ask what the films.
Speaker 4: We're looking at the film and we're Disseconday, just don't go in thinking the Cowboys are going to hang fifty on those I don't.
Speaker 6: Know, no, no of course not.
Speaker 3: The over under is forty three. I look that up just a moment ago.
Speaker 5: It's forty three.
Speaker 3: I would go with the under because I think an in offense from the Cowboys versus a confident defense from from the Cowboys against an inept defense from Carolina and a confident option almost and I think it ends up watching out and it would be a low score.
Speaker 5: If if you think that nine to seven, yeah, it'll be. It may be one of those games and that would be.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, safety in a field ball. Yeah, I love it. All right, that's gonna do it for us. You're on Talking Cowboys tomorrow. Say it with your chest Friday to make it happen. Doing all I'm doing, pushup to it's chest, Dave, sayeah, he's gonna drop another seven pounds by the time he walks back into the video for Chris b Miaya stand back, Josh Rodriguez slingp over here in Patrick Mercy Walker, I'm saying so long from Talking Cowboys, We'll see you tomorrow. This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: M