Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to on Air with a Ryan Seacrest on two point seven, because I've been Los Angeles. Good Mornings, isn't he Tanya Ryan Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 2: Do it? You know we've got to do every day. I don't have put too much pressure on us, but every day we gotta do something a little bit better than yesterday. And so I was thinking about this while not sleeping last night, and I was thinking, what we We need to do two things, and we need to pick one for today. So the two choices to be better today than yesterday, number one choice, wake up today. Between now and when you go to bed, do something really nice for someone that you probably won't know the outcome of your niceness too. For example, I don't have examples like are you how do you do it? You send them it's a random act of kindness, but you may not You may not the Mevericans. You may not know that.
Speaker 4: It's like a stranger.
Speaker 5: If you're in line at Starbucks and you buy, you pay for the coffee behind you. You don't know them, you may never see them.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, I'm thinking more creative, but yes, that's an example. Okay, the other thing we we need to do is make We need to create like more memorable moments right that we really look back on. We just because I think we go to if we go full speed in the line, I know, and you like think back and go, wait a minute, did I create enough memorable moments that day, that week, that year? So which one do you want today? Which one do you want to?
Speaker 6: You don't have to do it here, memorable moment today and I will do it here. I mean the fact that Olivia Rodriguez going to be here today, that needs to be like a memorable moment that we look back at, like even ten years from now and be like that was cool.
Speaker 2: Let's take that because that is super cool. I mean, it's cool that we get to talk to her about the album it's not even out yet, the song that is out, and what it's all about. So that could be a memorable moment for all of us to share together. But think about your own and create one. Doesn't have to be, but try and get one in before the week's end, because when you look back, that's what's gonna be all about. Yep, those memorable moments. So if my memory serves me, we're about to pay a bill that's coming up next. We're doing that every single hour. Got Somber tickets and Olivia Rodrigo will be here in the studio. That's happening around eight o'clock this morning on Kiss FM, John Marson, it is Kiss FM, Ryan Seacrest with you paying your bills. Mostly cloudy today. Hi's in the mid seventies. Some showers possible this afternoon, but nothing major. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm gonna get out and my Bronco this weekend, put my bike in the back and I'm might head to a path, the trail. Find your path, very much into it. I'm very much what's up? I say, find your path. I'm very much into finding my paths.
Speaker 4: Very manly of you to.
Speaker 2: Load up my Bronco with my throw two wheeler.
Speaker 4: Throw my wheelers into my hog.
Speaker 2: Not a pedal assist. This is a pedal not a pedal assist. Nice about that, Tubs. So I'm glad you brought this up, Sisnea, because I actually have a total conflict at my sink in my bathroom with this very issue, and that is, I know I'm supposed to use the electric toothbrush, but I go always fall back into the old school regular toothbrush. This is your issue.
Speaker 6: So I have a bone to pick with my electric toothbrush, because every time I use it, it wants me to use it for two minutes, and every thirty seconds it buzzes. So I'm like, okay, thirty seconds are down, one minutes down. And even if I get to a minute thirty, which is still great, I think, in my opinion, to brush your teeth, it still gives me a sad face. So then it just puts me in a bad mood when I'm waking up in the morning or if I'm going to bed at night.
Speaker 2: I find that to be a very long time. I don't get near that an electric when I use it, or my archival one, my old school toothbrush. The thing is right it bothers me about the electric toothbrush is I can't brush my tongue with that little thing of brush.
Speaker 5: Use your toothbrush to brush your tongue. There's a tongue or scraper for that.
Speaker 2: I try two birds and a stone and get through it. And I brought I used the big, bigger bristle toothbrush, the old one, to get my tongue well that little one, those little bristles on bend around, so rounnie kick it across the landscape of your tongue. But two minutes. I mean, you're right, that is what we should be doing. But such a long If.
Speaker 6: You get that far, it's like like it just gives you a me like sad face.
Speaker 2: It's like, it's it's what your body. It releases cortisols and changes the whole body chemistry. Can't do that to me. I haven't had my coffee yet. Yeah, just starting, my dad, and you're like all excited and get started. It's like that was okay. I guess no, it should be like great work. Keep got one leg of the relays down, let's go one more up here we.
Speaker 5: Go something like I think you can turn that setting off, though, we'll have to find out.
Speaker 2: I have to find out, because it's the little things at the beginning to day. They can set you off or on the right path. And our toothbrush is one of them.
Speaker 6: That is just okay man, it's it kiss and it's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We've got a second date update coming up. Would you ever date someone with the same name as you? I'm gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, yeah, your name would be so cute to date a girl Ryan Ryan Ryan.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, like if you Mickay, you can back me up on this. If you're looking at things to disqualify getting together, your name is not one of them. There are plenty of other things that have to add up to be good. The box has to be checked. I'm not gonna let that box be an issue. Right, would you date a Mikayla Michayla? I mean I don't know about that. McCabe, sure, sure, No. I don't think I could date someone with my brother's name. Oh my gosh, No, you're right. Yeah, it's clear. I couldn't do anything ever could what's his name, Marco? I could never date him? On You're right, I'm with you. I got a Hobby air coverarel on the line from It's Taco Tuesday, Taco madness is in full effect here from La Taco is here. How are you, buddy?
Speaker 8: Hey man?
Speaker 1: What's up? It's good? I'm doing you good? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great? Is that time of year now? We have so much pride and so many different opportunities to have a great taco like we love our tacos. We have so many different styles of tacos here in southern California. When my friends come to visit, that's what they want to do. What taco? What tacos? Can we have? How many times can we go? Can weet them all weekend long answers, Yes, yes, yes, And every year at this time we vote for the best tacos in l A. And you're down to the top four. Is that right?
Speaker 1: We're down to the top. We're about to be in the top four tomorrow tomorrow, which is Wednesday, So yeah.
Speaker 9: We you know it's it's uh, it's cutthroat, man. It's this year is it's it's going the our taco stands.
Speaker 1: And taco restaurants that we feature are going really hard.
Speaker 2: So La Taco dot Com you can vote. It's the final four. Last year was Tacos los Cholos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Barklings Shoos. Yeah, there are a three time champion. You know right now they're leading again.
Speaker 9: You know, they're they're the ones that created the I call it from barrio to bougie styled carna a taco because you can choose whether you want to drop like a few bucks on like a chuck stake, or whether you want to ball out and get some nice prime Ribbi or something like that.
Speaker 1: But it's it's a delicious taco Teddy's.
Speaker 2: Now, what happened to Teddy's? Teddy's red tacos went out in the first round. That is not normal for us in LA.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, we've been doing this for a long time. This is I think we are like seventeenth year doing it. So you know, we actually have a different biga competition.
Speaker 1: We call that Biria.
Speaker 9: Amania and I our readers and our viewers, I think they're aware of that.
Speaker 1: And you know, we always give Bria a fighting chance.
Speaker 9: But but I guess in the grand scheme of things, I mean.
Speaker 1: The people will tell you.
Speaker 9: You know, people love asada, people love al pastour, people.
Speaker 1: Even love vegetarian tacos. They're they're up there too.
Speaker 9: So yeah, Birria, I think it still still needs some still needs some some more years to kind of forge itself into LA's identity.
Speaker 2: You know that the mesquite flavor, the thos Clos does that grilled mesquite flavor. That's a magic power.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, and it's and it's funny, you know, I actually go there and I'm a simple guy, you know, My favorite taco from them is.
Speaker 1: Actually a grilled cheese taco. It's a it's a grilled it's a grilled cao.
Speaker 9: Fresco called panela, and it doesn't melt so it's almost like a Greek kind of cheese, like one of those Greek balcacues, and it gets.
Speaker 1: A little seared texture.
Speaker 9: And I'm a big fan of a cheese taco.
Speaker 1: That's Snaka said. Yeah, which there is a difference, Ran.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. And you have over the years taught me a lot about tacos and the architecture of them and the different things you can do. I mean it's a canvas. So vote for the final four who deserves to win the title this year. They will have lines around the block. It will be a super super win for them. So you can vote with the final four tonight midnight at La Taco dot Com is when that final four voting begins. Jaber Cabrel La Taco dot Com check it out.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Ryan, have a good one, okay.
Speaker 2: Buddy, great. You know one talks about the cheese being able to be like grilled or seared. Yeah, I can see it and smell it right now. I can literally my stomach is chemically doing things right now. If you do something before you run your dishwasher, your dishes will get cleaner, meaning are they not getting clean enough. I'll tell you what this is in a second, and we have a quote of the day on Kism. So your dishwasher, when you do your dishes like last night when you did them, it's gonna do better work and reach its peak potential. If you run your sink's hot water just before, it means all the water feeding into the dishwasher will actually be hot at the start of the cycle. It allows it to clean and dry better. If you think it's not doing the job, that can solve the problem. So even never try or thing about or it doesn't even make sense necessarily to me, but any today's quote. Excited about the quotes every day assumptions are the termites of relationships. O.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you cannot.
Speaker 2: Assume things will get you into the rabbit hole of trouble? What do termites do?
Speaker 10: Again?
Speaker 2: And like Reaser would they would? They destroy your house? They destroyed the whole thing. It's all come tunneling down. Kiss Kiss FM headlines with siciny, well, this is crazy.
Speaker 3: Several vehicles were damaged overnight after someone threw a Lime scooter from the Adams of Boulevard overpass onto the one ten freeway.
Speaker 2: Downtown.
Speaker 3: Apple CEO Tim Cook will step down after nearly fifteen years and will become the company's executive chairman.
Speaker 2: In September, the.
Speaker 3: LA Homeless Services Authority announced that the agency will lay off two hundred and eighty four employees at the end of June, and Coachella organizers were fined forty four thousand dollars by the City of Indio for curfew violations during week and two of the festival.
Speaker 2: The two point seven It's Kiss FM, Ryan Seacrest here. You know, when people come to town, they want to do stuff. They want to go see. Maybe they want to go watch a show tape, or they want to go to the Walk of Fame Hollywood Boulevard, they want to see the Hollywood Sign. You know, we're doing American Idol right now, and two of the idols they finalist. The contestants rented a car and they wanted to drive PCH and so they just rolled out in a rental I think it was a Ford Mustang and they cruised PCH no destination. Just wanted to say they rode on PC. I've definitely done that and if they kept going, it could have hit Snoop Dogg's new attraction. There's a Snoop Dogg ice cream parlor now in Venice cisiny tell us about this and what's their specialty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Doctor Bombay ice Cream is now officially opened in Venice Beach. They're calling it hip hop style ice cream and of course, like you're saying, it was founded by Snoop Dogg and his son Cordel And you can already get Doctor Bombay ice cream at Walmart seven to eleven things like that, but this.
Speaker 2: Is the actual store.
Speaker 6: This is the storefront for it, so it's really exciting. There's a lot of buzz before this actually happened and open, but the ribbon has been cut. And yes, some of the flavors I stout orange cream, strawberry dream cream.
Speaker 2: That vibrant sort of fruity flavor with the ice cream.
Speaker 6: Yes, baked blueberry muffin, long beach fruit cart and peanut butter jelly time with some of the few and it just I love anything Snoop does.
Speaker 2: Don't gloss over peanut butter jelly time. That's the one all those that would be the one that I would love the most, that one I could taste you like the blueberry, Tanya.
Speaker 5: I love nothing I love more than a blueberry muffin, like especially the top of it.
Speaker 2: Well, the top is that's all I.
Speaker 6: Because we've gotten muffins here before. And if all the tops are gone, you know Ryan went and picked all of them off for sure, better texture and fewer calories, I'm surem.
Speaker 2: So this is called a second date update. Basically, when you get blown off and you need to know why, come to us. We'll get the person on the phone and try and find out. Usually it works out. Usually it really ends up working out. You definitely get the answer. Sometimes it turns into a second date. But Jordan's in Northwridch. You come morning, Jordan, Good morning. So Jordan, you met on Hinge and you laughed about the fact that you have the exact same first name as he does. Jordan meets Jordan, right, And then I guess we asked the question, could you date the person that has your name? My answer is yeah, I mean with mine, I could sure, fine, I had no issue with that. Yeah, And then Mikayla said, for sure we could not date a person that has our siblings name. I think that's true, that's true. But for this it was an icebreaker, right, Oh yeah.
Speaker 11: No, it definitely was an icebreaker because I mean, when you're on hinge, you know, you always have to say something kind of catchy, right, So it was one of those things that was like, oh, like we've got the first you know, like the same first name and.
Speaker 10: Everything like that. So it was kind of funny.
Speaker 2: What happened though? What went wrong? So it sounds like that's a fun first step. Now he hasn't texted you since you went out? What happened?
Speaker 11: Yeah, So that's that's the whole reason why I'm calling today. Is So we started chatting immediately after that, and I'm a big sense of humor kind of person, and he was so so funny, and I don't know, like I was kind of saying, like maybe did I swipe left on him because of his named before? But for some reason, I guess like this time, you know.
Speaker 10: Very ferendipitous or whatever.
Speaker 12: And then we actually planned a date and like we laughed, everything clicked, like we had a lot of the similar I don't know, interests and ideas and I don't know a lot of guys that play pool, but he played pool with me, and yeah, he doesn't checked me back since okay.
Speaker 2: And you have no idea what happened at the end of you kids.
Speaker 10: No, actually, which was very interesting. But I mean that's.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think, right, I generally don't. You don't, I.
Speaker 10: Don't know, like I'm I'm I guess I just kind of want some clarity. And I'm like, is this like a name thing?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 12: And I'm kind of you know, you know, like when you don't hear from somebody, you're rethinking everything and.
Speaker 2: I assuming, which could be misake. We're gonna put you on hold. We have the other Jordan's number, and apparently the other Jordan Jordan he has agreed to come on with us next. You'll listen in. Let's see what we can find out from that Jordan. Yes, I do not generally on a first date ton you don't act so alarmed. I think that everything I am easy.
Speaker 5: No, you seem like another way to descrire efficient. So you want to like know if you have chemistation.
Speaker 2: Right away efficient and dating that's not romantic.
Speaker 5: I like to test it out the first date, see if there's chemistry. If there's not no need for a second.
Speaker 2: Let's come back. That's the reason. Maybe you're with someone on I don't know, Just Kiss FM. We're in the middle of a second date. Update Jordan met another Jordan on Hinge and Jordan. We have the guy Jordan on the line, the guy that you went out with. So I'm gonna jump right into him. But you you made a joke, you went out, you said the date was great. He made a joke that you might be the reason he has not called you since. What was that about?
Speaker 11: So I might have said that if we this is so silly that if we got married, that I couldn't take his last name because we'd have.
Speaker 10: The same names.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you.
Speaker 11: Know, you always overthink everything, So it's like, was that aggressive?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, I generally, as I said, don't kiss after first date, Tony, and I don't bring up the word marriage on a first day generally. All right, do you ever bring it up?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I have not yet. I feel like you Wait, I have mentioned said that. You guys have said it. All right, let's get to be very quiet. Jordan female. I have Jordan male on the other line, and we're going to talk to Hi about why he didn't call you back. Okay, here we go. Hey, bro, how are you Jordan? Good? Are you? I'm great? Thanks for greena. Come on. My name is Ryan and you are on the air as they told you on Kiss FM. So we're calling you about Jordan, who you met on Hinge and you want on a date with. How was that date? O?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 13: Is this Ryan Seacrest?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, Jordan.
Speaker 8: Gotcha?
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, you know, like it was great. I mean a little crazy that we had the same name, but like you know that the date went pretty well, you know, like.
Speaker 2: So I'll get to detail later, but most importantly, the date went well. I obviously know about the date. Have you asked her out again?
Speaker 8: I haven't asked her out again?
Speaker 2: And why is that so?
Speaker 13: I mean, I guess it's not really any of my business, but when we were playing pool, I noticed like she had a hickey, and like, you know, I'm not judging her, but like clearly there's somebody else like in the picture with her, and I just I'm not looking to get involved in like anything messy.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I understand. I mean the problem those things are like when they happen. You can't believe that they just happened. You're like, hey, hey, hey, hey we do wait, let's gonna leave a mark for ten days?
Speaker 4: Who care?
Speaker 2: I might explaining not to Cicity in Tanya is what you might say. So Jordan, uh, girl, male, you think there's another dude? Otherwise everything was good. Had you not have seen that sign, everything was going swimmingly correct?
Speaker 8: Jordan, Yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Mean she was cool.
Speaker 1: She's beautiful.
Speaker 8: I had a lot of fund.
Speaker 2: Okay, So other Jordan is on the line. Jordan girl and Jordan guy who meant on hine went out? So Jordan, can you explain this love bite?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 12: He is like, and I actually tried really really hard to cover it up and it's not it's not a hiccy though.
Speaker 8: What is it then that works out early iron burned or something.
Speaker 2: Flat iron lose control?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: So do you guys know what a guaha is?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do not?
Speaker 10: Okay, So gouasha is like this like tool that you use and it's it's for your lymphatic system on your face and you like, you know, moving.
Speaker 6: Around and yeh might have one actually, yeah, for sure, use one all the time.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they always recommend that you use like faith oil, and like I kind of made my own and I think I like messed with.
Speaker 10: The like essential oils or whatever.
Speaker 12: But it kind of caused like a burn sensation in this one area.
Speaker 4: Like you bruised yourself because you press so hard.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, don't know, maybe I was stressed.
Speaker 2: I believe her, Jordan, this is great. It's not what you thought. It's a that thing. Uh yeah, And she's she's lymphatic draining.
Speaker 10: Bro.
Speaker 2: That is a good sign of taking care of themselves. That's a Jack Green flag lymphatic drainage on your own like that? So why do you ask rad again?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 1: Jordan, would you like to hang out this weekend?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 2: I wag all right, Well, don't drain anything before you go out with him this time?
Speaker 10: Is that normal?
Speaker 1: Is the washaw thing?
Speaker 13: Is that like something normal that people do?
Speaker 2: I let you guys, I'll squared is back.
Speaker 4: Please never call it a love bite again?
Speaker 2: Why thank you, Sabrina do her tank will come back? Kids them on air with Ryan Seacrest. There it is where he is. My husband promised, and she's very punctual. Right to your live, Oh, Olivia Rodrigo joinning. Is this to be a way to see her again?
Speaker 15: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: And fresh off at Coachella cameo.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was so fun.
Speaker 2: So Addison Ray on stage, you come out, what is the moment like when you know what's about to happen but nobody else knows what's about to happen in the five four three two go moment?
Speaker 15: Oh my gosh, I was really nervous. I was. I was very honored to be on stage with her.
Speaker 14: I think her show is so incredible and she puts on such a wonderful performance. So yeah, I just I just wanted to do her proud. And that was just what was kind of going on in my head.
Speaker 2: So what is it about Coachella that makes every artist want to do something really special and an artist that could be a headline or do something like what you did?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't know. It's just really fun. It's like in my backyard.
Speaker 14: I'm born and raised in La and so it's like all your friends are in the audience and you're like, I just want to do something fun with my friends, and people always bring their a game.
Speaker 15: So yeah, it's a very fun, fun type of So.
Speaker 2: When when you think about this album and we don't know everything about it yet you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love? Is this something like? What's symbolic about that? What does that mean to you? Yeah?
Speaker 14: I mean I started writing this album at a time in my life where I was like experiencing real romantic love for the first time, and so I was tasked with writing an album full of love songs. And I went back and I kind of listened to all of my favorite love songs throughout history or throughout you know whatever, my Spotify playlist that I love, and I realized that the thing that I loved so much about them is not that they were really happy, but they had sort of an element of sadness or fear or melancholy or longing, and that's what kind of made them tug at your heart string so much, and that's what moved you so much. And so that was kind of the thing that I set out to do in this album is I wanted to make a sad love song. So when I figured out this title, I was like, it's perfect.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting how we can yearn to feel that emotion when we need to feel that emotion and really like go deep into feeling sadness. When you listen to the sad songs, I have them on my list. I know when I'm going to go there, what I'm going to feel. And when you when you conjure that emotion for somebody else, what do you think about, Like, how does that make you feel that you can get that out of someone that you've never met before.
Speaker 14: I mean, I think that's a great question. Well put, I think that that's the dream. I mean, that's sort of the primary goal in what I do. I just always want to make people feel understood and hopefully like provide some sort of catharsist or something. And all of my favorite artists do that for me, and so I guess that's the that's the guiding light through all of it.
Speaker 2: So A Liverard Rico is here. What is something that you think someone in their early twenties who falls in love. What is a common mistake you see looking back of someone that falls in love in their early twenties, for example, Gosh.
Speaker 15: You really shouldn't ask me. I'm no expert.
Speaker 14: I mean, I think that's this common thing when you're like feeling really intensely for someone that you kind of like get like, like you don't became on your friendships as much, you don't focus on your work or whatever. And I think that's a recipe for disaster. I mean it's a very pretty easy one, but I think that's really important. I see me and my friends sometimes fall into that trap.
Speaker 15: And it just never ends well.
Speaker 2: So when you think, when you think about the music that's coming out, what will you do when all of these songs are released to the world at once, Where will you be How will you see the feedback? How will you look at the reaction? Because it's such a von you know it, we don't know it. Everyone's anticipating it. Is it sequential, what's the story, what's the theme? Where does it go? What direction? So how will you handle that moment?
Speaker 15: Probably have a drink or something, I don't know. Yeah, it's a really weird feeling.
Speaker 14: I mean, I've lived with the songs for so long and I have my own opinions about them, like you know, in my own brain, but putting them out into the world, and even putting out this song dropped dead out into the world, and like seeing the way it reverberates with people, it's a totally different feeling.
Speaker 15: And I don't know, it's scary, but I'm so proud of the album, and.
Speaker 14: Uh, I love so many of the songs and I feel really connected to it, So you know, I guess it's all you can ask for at the end.
Speaker 15: Of the day.
Speaker 2: What about Okay, we don't know that where the album is going to go, but are there more songs inspired by vulnerability or the other side the healing aspect?
Speaker 15: That's a good question.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I mean, the album's really there's a lot going on.
Speaker 14: It's hard to like encapsulate it in like one word or like one specific feeling.
Speaker 15: It's very all over the place in a way that I like, like a journey. Yeah, I guess. Yeah, there's just so much to unpack in it. And I don't know. I think it was about like discovery.
Speaker 14: I guess for me, like like, uh, discovering so many things about myself and also just being in a real relationship.
Speaker 15: I think, like a good relationship.
Speaker 14: Really holds a mirror to you and like shows you parts of yourself that you never would have been able to see before.
Speaker 15: So yeah, there's a lot of a lot of looking in word.
Speaker 2: I guess that's important in your job. Yes, Yes, we're going to say a break with Olivia Rodrigo come back here one of two point seven kiss on Kiss. There it is here she is on Kiss drop Dead. You know what's so interesting about a song listening to that song, the lyrics and the songs that we've played for over the years, is when you can put into words succinctly a feeling somebody's having, and especially with some clever stuff like they're just like, haven't the cure reference right, Like you know what you're trying to say, but you can actually say it. Well, a lot we don't. We can't say things like that, but we can think we feel it, you can put it into words. It's a magic power to that.
Speaker 14: Oh thanks, Yeah, I mean it's from what I'm always trying to do. I just just wrote the song about like a really wonderful first date, and every time I listen to it, I just like think back to that, that wonderful feeling and yeah, it's a little bit a time capsule.
Speaker 15: It's great And.
Speaker 2: Can can one I asked this to the group. Can one maintain the level of excitement from the first date on? I asked the group, I mean, goal.
Speaker 5: I just love knowing that Olivia Rodrigo stock someone on the internet before our first date.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did that before every first date, and so I go, bag, yeah you do.
Speaker 2: So you think it's important to know as much as you can.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I guess I gain, Yeah, you just you can find a lot of stuff. Yes, I guess there's such a thing as going too deep.
Speaker 15: I've definitely like been saying you.
Speaker 4: Could go too deep and then you can't go back from that.
Speaker 14: I've been on like dates with people They're like, oh, and my mom did this, and I'm like, I totally know exactly like what their mom does for We're like everything, and I'm like trying to pretend like I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to ask you, Like, if you know that you love horses and then you say I love horses, do you pretend like, oh, I mean, do you have to you have to act like you don't know something that ye say I know?
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I think my worst one is I like stock someone on Spotify once and then like at the date, I was like, oh my god, I love this song, like have you ever heard of it?
Speaker 2: That was not good, not genuine they say in life for success, you must prepare and everything you do, and that is total preparation for success on the date or in the relationship power. It's the shame and all of that.
Speaker 10: I agree.
Speaker 2: It's kiss fmc christ with you, Olivia Rodrigou Here is there anything that like, is there a track and you able to tell us what it is? Maybe you can, but is there a track that is on the album that you thought it's too vulnerable to put on or too close? It is like the combination to the whole lock, and you've said, you know, I'm gonna do it anyway.
Speaker 15: Yeah, there's a few songs. I mean, it's it's just a weird feeling.
Speaker 14: I mean, I got into songwriting just because I loved the way it made me feel to express my emotions and it felt like Catharsis and it felt like it just helped me process stuff. But then it like it's a different feeling putting it out and you're like, oh, this stuff that you know I got to process on my own at my piano, now it's suddenly everyone else is.
Speaker 15: It's definitely a weird feeling. But I don't know.
Speaker 14: I guess I'm I guess I'm getting used with older than I get, and I think that it's important to be vulnerable. I think I would hate to put out a song that felt, you know, like I wasn't digging that deep.
Speaker 15: But I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: When you think about the fame, the success, you know, you're well known, people love your music, they know who you are, do you think about things you want to make sure you keep unchanged no matter how that evolves with you, because it's not normal. It's not easy for sure.
Speaker 14: I mean, I think it gets harder to even make music the more kind of well known you get, and you kind of start to let people's opinions infiltrate and your subconscious whether or not you're aware of it or not. And so I think that's been something that I've been really trying to protect, is like the sanctity of like, you know, me just sitting in my room and writing a song. You know, there's something really beautiful and magical about that, and you know it's something to something to protect the pure, like childlike love of music, you know.
Speaker 2: So the new song is out now, the new album You Seem Pretty Sad for a Girl, So in Love is out June twelfth. Very exciting. Thank you so much for coming. It's great to see you and your kindness. Just love it. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 15: Oh thanks Ryan, Thanks you guys were so fun you thanks for coming in.
Speaker 2: Rena Carpenter and Tears love It a chat with Olivia Rodrigo. She has that that thing right, she just got that that that freshness and professionalism and amazing songwriting abilities and lyrics. Are very excited for that album. It's coming out June twelfth, Olivia Rodrigo. If you missed our chat with her talking about life as her it's gonna be up on our podcast later. Now, Dan, how are you in Torrance? And how can I help?
Speaker 8: Yeah? So I've been dating my girlfriend for a while and then planning on proposing soon. So yeah, I tried to do the respectful thing. I called her dad to talk to him first.
Speaker 2: Is that respectful? I though you're supposed to go see him.
Speaker 8: Well, Ryan's right, it's disrespectful to call.
Speaker 2: I don't not necessarily live.
Speaker 8: Well, the thing is all right, So here's the thing. He seemed okay with it. The only thing was his reaction was not not what I expected.
Speaker 2: What was his reaction?
Speaker 8: Well, he literally said, I don't know why you'd want to do that, good luck, and then hung up.
Speaker 2: Like he's throwing his daughter under the bus. My dad kind of did that too, really, he like she is very tough. Are you sure trying to dissuade I think he's trying to test him. Well, Dan, was Dad, Legit was Dad trying to tell you.
Speaker 8: I mean the thing was, there was no explanation, no joke. It was just like, that was it. And so now I'm freaking out of it.
Speaker 2: Well I would be too. I know about your daughter that I may have to handle for the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: Go see him.
Speaker 2: Where is he? Is he in long distance?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I called should have happen on a plane?
Speaker 2: Well where does he live here? Locally?
Speaker 4: Where does he live?
Speaker 8: No, he's he's actually in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I checked flights, bro it's probably connecting one. But I was really think you, the thing is, this is a big decision. This is for the rest of your life. It might be worth the airfare to go see him in person. I think Dad is supposed to be giving you the lecture of how to take care of his amazing and be there and you know, and listen and love and thick and thin, you know, all the good and the battle that stuff. That's the speech. Not like I don't know, Brod, I don't think you should get into this for the rest of your life.
Speaker 15: It's weird.
Speaker 2: You don't want that, that's weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, before I hap on a plane, I was like, do I tell my girlfriend? What do I? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, Hey, I just checked. United's got a direct to Cleveland, so let's go get it done. And yeah, you don't want to make a mistake and you want his blessing. Good luck Dan, keep us posting on that. Hmm. I don't know why. It's gotta be in jest like your dad was kidding Michael.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I also think he was like testing them.
Speaker 2: I don't like that either. Top Quizzes on air with Ryan Seest It's Kiss FM. Good morning. Make sure you follow us on social. That's the work of Ronnie Henry right here in our digital department, all that kiss stuff you see on social. Back from Coachella, Ronnie made some predictions for weekend one. So Ronnie, before we get into the predictions that didn't happen Weekend one that kind of did Weekend two, after I gave you a hard time for not getting it right weekend one. It seems Weekend two was what people thought was the better weekend of the two. Is that right?
Speaker 7: I one hundred percent agree. Like this year, Weekend two was so so good. That was because the cameos, Yes, I think so, because there was just so many special guests came out this weekend that obviously didn't come out Weekend one. And I just feel like every artist really gave their all because it's like, you know, we have to leave it all on the floor.
Speaker 2: That's the final, final week and already, in the wake of all the excitement and the videos and everything, tickets for twenty seven twenty twenty seven Coach Hella go on sale a week from Friday, so you can start yt.
Speaker 4: The email yesterday.
Speaker 2: Well, we can one a weekend too. I mean, if you're gonna roll the dice after this year, it's a weekend too. But I think that comes down to artists scheduling. I think so too.
Speaker 7: And also I feel like people are gonna gamble next year and do Weekend two when really I feel like Weekend one is gonna.
Speaker 5: Go back to It was a fresh weekend one, like you get to see everything for the first time. Wee can two. You've seen all on social.
Speaker 2: Media kind of what's gonna happen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I also feel like people, you know a lot of like influencers and all the like everyone who's everyone is their weekend ones. So that's why I feel like wee can two. What's better because it was like, okay, boom, you know, we can we can just have like, you know, people that actually enjoy music can be there and see these not.
Speaker 4: Like a ton of people trying to take their selfies in front of all the.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's one of the predictions you did make, Ronnie was the spirind of Carpenter is gonna arrest? Olivia red during Juneo and Sabrina Carpenter brought out Madonna and Olivia Rodrigo came out during Addison Race set. She was just here. Olivia was just here talking about that moment. So you were on the right path. I was.
Speaker 7: I literally pretty much everything I predicted came true. But for the next week it was just like so crazy that that happened. But I feel like I just knew it in my brain that this was going to happen.
Speaker 2: And then it did. Did Harry Styles perform a DJ set?
Speaker 7: You know he didn't predict that, right, Yeah, I did predict that, But also like Billy coming up with Justin Bieber, I did predict that too.
Speaker 5: However, you said they were going to perform bad Guy and she was the one least love girl.
Speaker 7: I literally was crying for her because I'm like you, I know, but to be honest, I don't even think she would have been able to perform with him, like just seeing her reaction being dragged on the stage, like she couldn't even.
Speaker 4: Such a fangirl.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I thought they would perform together, but I just think she would be too nervous.
Speaker 2: And so the thing is this creates so much intrigue for who will come out when anybody's on stage, and you see these huge artists come out for those short cameos, which is the best part.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I like even being in the crowd when the surprise comes, like even Zara Larson came out with pink panthers, like people lose their minds and like almost gives you such like a fresh boost of energy because it's just a huge deal to see. I thought these artists in one Weekend.
Speaker 6: I thought it was interesting that she came out with Pink Panthers and didn't do State Side together, and she did a whole midnight side.
Speaker 2: Why not? Why didn't they do states So they started off.
Speaker 4: With state Side, and so everyone's thinking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so she opens her set with Stateside and I also predicted that that she would come out for Stateside, but she didn't, and I well, maybe she was late. In the context of her show, she like does a little DJ set in the middle of her set, so that's why Zara came during that time. But Zara also said that Pink Panthers is on her midnight sun got it?
Speaker 14: I think?
Speaker 2: I mean, really, you were onto is just Weekend two and Weekend to was the one that everybody loved more than we can want to Coachella. What's going to happen next year? Who knows? Running Henry from our digital department here Kiss FM. That's when at two point seven Kiss FM, good morning somber tickets that's only way and a bunch of Kiss music. So would you pay extra for a flight with no screaming kids on it? That is the question. Tony's got a trending report go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, So this all came from Dan Levy. He is the son of Eugene Levy. He's from the show Big Mistakes on Netflix. I am obsessed with him.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 5: So he was doing a TikTok interview series are You Okay and was asked to name a hill that he would be willing to die on, and without skipping a beat, he said, I firmly believe there should be one airline flight with no babies, essentially a long haul flight no offence.
Speaker 15: To the babies.
Speaker 5: This video has already racked up over a million views, and actually a lot of parents are agreeing with him, and they they're saying, I wish there was one flight dedicated to just people with young children. It'd be so nice to travel with people who are feeling the same anxiety and the same problems and not feel judged for it. So people are kind of like jumping in on his suggestion and saying like, I would like to fly on a flight without screaming babies, And then as a parent of screaming babies, I'd like a full flight with all scream babies.
Speaker 2: Ye see, I would think the opposite. As a parent of screaming babies, I'd like to leave my babies at home and be on a flight without screaming babies, just a peaceful flight.
Speaker 5: But they're saying they feel like anxiety when their babies are screaming and people are looking at them and judging.
Speaker 2: They just want everybody to be screaming. I don't think they want that.
Speaker 5: No, I'm telling you what the people are saying.
Speaker 2: But there would be, there could be. I mean they do adult pools at some places. You have the adult flight. It is one flight late at night.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think it's a genius idea. And I think a lot of people would would fly on this airline.
Speaker 2: And make it. Put disco balls hanging in the you know, the fuselage there and a little cool lighting and make it a thing, make it fine. Yeah, somebody's got to jump on that and market and see what happens.
Speaker 5: Honestly, it's a genius idea.
Speaker 2: Just FM and that is going to do it for us. Thank you for being here. We'll be back tomorrow morning. First thing with one other thing that we've got to do better. We got to do today. It was about creating something memorable, some moment that you'll look back on. You have to create it today. But at least before the week's end ours together was having Olivia Rodrigo and talking about the music we don't even know about yet. Oh yeah, something will remember every time she puts out an Now, we'll think about that. It's up on our podcast later if you want to check that out tomorrow morning, we're back at it first thing in the morning. And if you're planning a summer vacation the day to fly on, I got data on the specific day that's going to save you twenty percent on your flight. I'll talk about that before seven if you're up early. All right, to Antanya in the back room, thank you so much. I have a great afternoon. Ye see in the morning's kiss. Thanks for listening so on Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow