Speaker 1: You and your dog are close, like watch each other go to the bathroom close, But you could be even closer with BarkBox. Every month, BarkBox brings dogs and their humans together with original toys and delicious treatment. Sign up now at BarkBox dot com. Slash iHeart.
Speaker 2: No one likes to talk about money. Am I saving enough? Can I buy a house? Am I paying too much in taxes? Will I be able to retire? What if you could unlock insights about your finances in less than five minutes, with a clear picture of where you stand today and where your money can work harder. Now you can visit Facet dot com to take the free quiz and get your financial wellness score today. That's Facet dot com. This ad is sponsored by Facet. Facet Wealth in Corporated is an SEC registered investment advisor. This is not an offer to buy yourself security snor is it investment, legal or tax advice.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to move your career forward? Make your comeback with Purdue Global and get college credit for your work, school, life, or military experiences. With these credits, you may have already completed up to seventy five percent of your undergraduate degree. You've worked hard to get where you are. It's time to get the recognition you deserve and earn a degree you'll be proud of, one that employers will trust and respect when you take the next step in your life and career. Make a count with Purdue Global produce online university for working adults. Start your comeback at Purdueglobal dot edu.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Jill Lostine Podcast.
Speaker 5: Help us continue to share the message of hope with those all over the world. Visit joeloostin dot com slash give Hope to give a gift today.
Speaker 6: Hey man, thank you for being here today. We appreciate you and we love you very much. I want to just encourage us today about maybe recommitting to some of our former commitments or or making new commitments, commitments to those.
Speaker 4: Things that are very important to your life.
Speaker 6: Things that are going to cause you to walk in a greater freedom, a greater accomplishment, greater joy, and greater victory.
Speaker 4: You see, to walk in these.
Speaker 6: Things, you must be committed to these things. Anything you want to accomplish is going to take a commitment. You know, sometimes people are afraid of commitment, you know, they don't want to be obligated. They don't want to be disappointed. Sometimes we like to keep our options open. Maybe there's a plan B later on we'd rather choose. But I bet every one of us could look over our life and we could see through our life that the things that we truly committed to, the things that we were all in on wholehearted, those are the things we're enjoying the most right now. You know, sometimes I've made a commitment, but it's been a one foot in, a one foot out.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope it happens.
Speaker 6: It's a wish anyway, That's not the way a commitment has to be approached. We have to decide commitment is something that is going to cause us to gain in the long run.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 6: Commitment means obligation, determination, discipline. See to make a commitment is gonna cost you something. You're gonna have to focus on it. You're gonna have to have a plan, You're gonna have to be determined. In fact, you have to serve your commitment. You see, you have to serve your commitment for a time, and eventually that commitment will serve you. See, that commitment will benefit you eventually. And that's the importance of commitment because Commitment causes us to accomplish, and it's not always easy. If commitment was easy, everybody would be accomplishing, everybody would be walking in victory, everybody would have great relationship, wonderful home life, amazing jobs.
Speaker 4: But commitment is what it's going to take, you know. I'll never forget.
Speaker 6: When our son Jonathan was just a little boy, I really wanted him to play a musical instrument. And so I said, Jonathan, this is this is what I think you need to do. I believe it's gonna be something that you'll always enjoy in your life. And so I said, you can play anything you want. You choose, and he said, oh, I'll play the guitar. And so as we began to, you know, get the lessons prepared, and I began to talk to him about practicing. It was so interesting because there was always things that tried to interrupt this, and I knew as a mother this had to be a commitment if he was really going to learn how to play well. But there were friends that would come over after school about the time we were going out for the lesson, things would come up. There was never a good time to practice because there was so many other things that were trying to interrupt the commitment.
Speaker 4: Have you ever experienced that?
Speaker 6: So I want to tell you something about that commitment. Doesn't matter if.
Speaker 4: You're little or if you're older.
Speaker 6: Things will always try to interfere with your commitments.
Speaker 4: If you commit.
Speaker 6: To having a good relationship with your spouse, and you commit to keeping your mouth closed in the difficult times, I can guarantee you that they're going to say something that's going to jeopardize your commitment. You see, it's interesting because I'm sure my son thought at one point, my mom is trying to punish me.
Speaker 4: She doesn't want me to play with my friends. I'm being restrained.
Speaker 6: I'm being restricted because that's sometimes what commitment feels like. Because see, it's hard to be committed to something when no one else is committed to it. It's hard to walk in integrity when no one else is walking in integrity. Listen, if they can get away with it, can I get away with just a little bit of it? But you see, God is asking us to commit to him those important areas of our life. It says in proverb sixteen, commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
Speaker 4: You see, you can't keep.
Speaker 6: A commitment on your own, but you can keep a commitment to a committed God. You see, God was committed to us even when there were many interruptions, Even when we don't deserve to be committed to, God has committed to us, and he's saying, you got those important commitments in your life, give them to me, focus on them. Believe that I'm going to assist you in those things. One version says it like this, It says, commit your actions to the Lord and he will direct you. You see, commitment is not a wish. Commitment is an action. We have to put our plans into action. If God is going to help us, if He is going to advance us in our commitment, We're gonna have to.
Speaker 4: Take the step of faith. We're gonna have to do our research.
Speaker 6: See, everybody wants to have a degree, everybody wants those initials behind their name. But it takes commitment, even when you don't feel like going to school, even when there's other things that are pressing you.
Speaker 4: Don't want to study. It takes commitment. But it's those things in life.
Speaker 6: That we're truly committed to that bring us the freedom and the joy.
Speaker 4: You see, our son, Jonathan. Now he could have chose not to apply himself. He could have chose not to commit himself. See the truth is we were both exhausted. At first.
Speaker 6: He was tired of hearing me telling to practice, and I was tired of telling him to practice. But once he committed himself, once he saw the rewards of the commitment, the commitment became easier. The serving the commitment eventually began to serve him. And that's the way commitment is. Commitment feels like a restraint at first, the commitment will eventually it will serve your cause. See, I believe that God is waiting for us to take the step. He's not going to take the step for us. You know, now my son can play the guitar. Now he can sing with his guitar. Now he can enjoy what the commitment produced. Where it may have looked like I was stealing his freedom as a mother, he now gets to walk in.
Speaker 4: A greater freedom.
Speaker 6: He gets to experience something he would not have experienced if he would not have committed to that. See, I'm using this as example because there are many of you right now that are on the threshold of a new freedom.
Speaker 4: But you've got to make a commitment.
Speaker 6: You can't put one foot in and one foot out. You got to go all in because that's what commitment takes.
Speaker 4: Commitment's going to cost you something. It's not free. It'll bring a greater freedom, but it is an investment that will pay off in the end.
Speaker 6: If you want people to look at your word and believe you and take you at your word and know your word is bond, then you have to keep the commitments that you speak about. You can't say something and then decide you're not going to do it.
Speaker 4: Listen, don't say anything at all, because you know what.
Speaker 6: You can only be committed, truly committed to so many things. You can't be committed to everyone. You can't be committed to everything. But the things that you decide are important in your life. And you're gonna make a commitment, you need to go all in with that commitment.
Speaker 4: You need to give it to God, you need to recommit it daily. You need to think about the benefits.
Speaker 6: Of your commitment because see, that's what's gonna give you the power to continue. See, Jesus came to forgive us of our sins, but he also came to empower us with his power to keep our commitments, to keep our bond to keep strong families. Listen, if you want good relationships, you're gonna have to be good to people when they're not being good to you. You're gonna have to learn to overlooking events. You're gonna have to release bitterness. That's gonna take commitment, that's gonna take restraint. But on the other side of that costly commitment is an amazing blessing. You're gonna get to enjoy relationships, enjoy things that you would not have enjoyed before. I was talking to a gentleman the other day, and he loves his wife.
Speaker 4: He said, but truly, there are some things that really she's not that lovable.
Speaker 6: I love so many things about her, but there are those moments, he says, But you know what, I love her anyway. And I looked at him and I said, that's right. You made a commitment to love her. And that's why you're celebrating your twenty fifth anniversary today. Because we look at those hard things instead of the good things. He decided to look at the good things about her, the things he loved about her, not a few of those things that were difficult arrangement to us today is commit to the Lord, commit those important things to him, Renew that commitment on a daily basis. Put actions behind that commitment so that God can release his power in your life. And I believe there's freedoms that you're going to experience that non committed people will never experience.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 6: Amen, He's an awesome God.
Speaker 5: Now available from New York Times bestselling author Victoria ustein her brand new thirty day audio devotional, Embracing every Day. In this uplifting thirty day audio devotional, you'll be challenged and inspired to start living with greater faith and favor every day. Request your copy of Embracing every Day today at Joeloustein dot com, slash Embracing or call eight eight eight five six seven.
Speaker 7: Joel Nice funs, soft, fluffy and ultralow netcarbs. Discover hero Bread, the delicious ultralow netcrbbread with incredible taste and texture. Hero Bread has zero grams of sugar and is under one hundred calories per serving, plus high end fiber and up to ten grams of protein per serving. Available on Amazon dot com, Walmart dot com, and Hero dot Co. That's Hero dot Co. Order from hero dot co now and get ten percent off your purchase with promo code IHM ten.
Speaker 3: Enhance your child's reading journey with the Good and the Beautiful's Reading Booster program. Choose from three all in one kids for kindergarten, first or second grade at reading booster dot com. Each kit includes reading cards, books, and games designed to create fun ways to learn phonics, sight words, and vowel sounds. There's even a free, ad free app with additional games and KidSafe content. Bring home a love of learning with the Good and the Beautiful visit reading booms dot com. Today, more than ever before, people are turning to the church for their mental health struggles. Unfortunately, the church has largely been ill equipped to help. That is until now. Join nearly fifty thousand people just like you who've enrolled in the Mental Health Coach training program and become equipped to help for a limited time. Apply for a full tuition scholarship and only pay a one time tech fee of fifty four dollars if accepted. Apply now at mentalhealth Coach dot org. That's mentalhealthcoach dot org.