Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore. I was a casting director for film and TV and commercials for over thirty years. I transitioned to a celebrity acting coach after I cast a film New Jersey Drive with executive producers Spike Lee and director Nick Domez. I auditioned every rapper from biggiees Balls to Tupac, and I realized that rappers and musical artists they needed help transitioning to acting. My clients consist of musical artists from Buster Rhymes to Eve, Missy Elliott, Angela Yee from The Breakfast Club, and Vanessa Simmons, to name a few. I also coach sports stars and host as well. I feel I have the best of both worlds. As a casting director, I know exactly what they're looking for, and as an acting coach, I can coach you to be remembered in that room. Now. I know, I know actors want to get the job. I get that, but being remembered by casting director that is powerful. Meditation of the day opportunity does not send letters of introduction, Naomi Simms. We need to be able to recognize the signs that are before us. Miracles have a way of appearing through other people, or through something as simple as reading an article in a newspaper. When I am against the wall, I sit back, quietly and patiently wait for the right answer. I have learned to not only recognize the signs, but to expect them. I will have my antennas out and ready to grasp the right opportunity. Welcome to the Spirited Actor Podcast with me Tracy Moore, and going along with our theme this month, which is January is renewing your talent. I would like to renew your thoughts with my guests today. I get warm and fuzzy when certain people come into the room because casting director, truly casting director extraordinaire, Yolanda Hunt is with us today. And Yolanda is one of those people that I don't have to see her every day, but when I see her, the spiritual connection is there, and then I miss her more and wonder why don't I hang out with her? But I know she's busy, But this is a reconnection renewal. I'm just so happy to have you here, Yolanda Hunt. Thespians, put your hands together because you are about to hear the truth and We're going to dispel these myths because the truth is sitting and you're listening to the truth right now, Yolanda Hunt, put your hands together.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I am beyond thrilled. Oh yeah, yeah. Are we going to schedule something because we're going to eat and we gonna chat. Yes, they're not ready. No, they're not ready for you, Yolanda. I'm going to start out by asking you to, you know, tell us a little bit about how you started as a casting director, your journey as a casting director, and then I need actors to whatever you use to document, whether you're physically writing on pen and paper or in your phone. There's going to be so many jewels dropping right now. Treasure Chess is here, Treasure Chess here we go, hope.
Speaker 2: Well, just to give you a little bit of a brief, you know, my journey.
Speaker 3: I started off on this little project called Poetic Justice as an intern, really little yes, And for one week I interned and Robbie came to me and said, we want to hire you as my sister.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that's Robbie reed, ladies, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Robbie read, by the way, one of my mentors and along with my journey of my career has been fundamental to my career and especially my growth and to this day. And that started my journey. I got bit by the bug and it was.
Speaker 2: You know, no holds back.
Speaker 3: And then I you know, went on to did another project called Minister Society with Tony.
Speaker 1: Lee, another little project.
Speaker 3: Well, she was Robbie Read's associate, and then he became casting director for that. He brought me on that project and just kept going. And then Ralph Farquhar came into my life. Oh, and he gave me the opportunity to learn the back into production.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he brought me in a Moesha. So I learned. I was his assistant and I learned to do all of that.
Speaker 3: And he asked me when I wanted to you know, when the show got picked up, what did I want to do?
Speaker 2: I want to do casting.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what I do, right, And so he got me and Kim Harden together.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I love Kim Harden. Shout out to Kim Harden.
Speaker 2: Loved Kim Harden.
Speaker 3: That's another one of my mentors that definitely you know, is influential in my life today as well. She hired me and it's a funny story. She hired me to do Moesha, and at that time she didn't feel I was.
Speaker 2: Ready to be an assistant and she fired me.
Speaker 3: But you know what, that was an experien for me to know that I had to do better. So right after that, I got hired as an associate on with recub Bradmon Garcia, another.
Speaker 2: Vent Billy Hopkins, Yes, Billy Hopkins.
Speaker 3: And Garcia, they were partners. And then she branched off and did her own thing. She was doing Speed Speed Too. Oh okay, So I got put on and I wasn't the associate for Speed Too, and I was an associate for The Flood, starring a minie driver and Rickay Harris ress in Peace, one of my favorites all time. And it was just kind of like I just kind of took off from there. And did you know, I planted seeds to myself that I wanted to do, said I want to do a movie in New York. Two years later I was doing Crookland. I was here as an associate in Crookland. I mean, I've had such a great journey. Then after that Best Man, Yes, Best Man kind of really put me on the map.
Speaker 2: I was a true associate on that project.
Speaker 3: I was like hands on from day one and just seeing how the handpick and bringing that great talent to Malcolm and Sam.
Speaker 2: It was just Malcolm brilliant.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sam, by the way, and.
Speaker 1: I worked with Monica Calhoun. I coached you.
Speaker 3: Yes, Monica Calhoun is is. She's an extraordinary actress and writer. Yes, it's one of also one of my close friends.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And she's still writing right now to this day, so she's got a lot of things going on with her as well. And that cast it just brought people to pay attention to what I was doing and what I, like I knew I had is that I had a mine for talent right and it was like, Okay, we can take a chance.
Speaker 2: And that's all. That's how she wrote.
Speaker 3: I moved to New York sixteen years ago and I was working at BET and I've been there in house freelance casting director ever since.
Speaker 1: That's a brilliant, brilliant journey and actors, I need you. I always stress for actors to IMDb dot com so that they can see the credit, to know the credits. But Yolanda, you have been a part of UH cinema, Black cinema history, like, these are classics that you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I feel so, you know, there's a lot that I've left out. Black Panther.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say those are all like I felt like when I was coming up into this, I was I was in the gut of great African American art being actually being on TV.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: So I was given that opportunity to work with the Keenan Irvy Wayians right and working on his variety show, and then I had that gave me a little real fast track of how I had to you know, got to call at ten o'clock in the morning and I had to have a cast by four.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: So that really gave me my my like chops. Yeah, and then you know, working on those kind of shows. And then I mean, my journey has been so long. Kingdom come getting to work, you know, with everyone.
Speaker 1: And she still looks the same. Ladies and gentlemen, you don't see her, but she doesn't. She look to say, yes, well, I think Paul and Will and may Hunt I attribute that to my care when we thank them too. Yes, but this journey has been so great. But I'm not done having that's my journey. I'm just getting right there.
Speaker 3: And now that I'm really starting to teach my acting classes here in the Tri State and we need coaching, and it's just been a whole other platform when I'm like so happy that I'm being able to share to people what I'm looking for in the room when they're coming to audition for me, as opposed to what you think, because you got those three minutes to shine, and if you don't give me those three minutes of what I remember you, then.
Speaker 2: You're going to need the fundamentals and I'm gonna try to give you to that.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that you said, and I can honestly say I went to one of your classes and you were a totally different you are as a caustie director, which I love. Yes, I mean, this is what we're talking about. We're talking about the truth.
Speaker 2: So absolutely, I feel like I'm unorthodox.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna go get oh, this super training and I'm going to get this kind of the Meisner technique, right, No, you're gonna get the technique of Yolanda that's telling you this is what you need to do when you get into a room to get a call back, which you know that's.
Speaker 2: What I know.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm I'm I'm actively working. This is I'm still casting. I'm still looking for talent, right, so, and I'm I'm looked to as the person that brings new talent. So I'm always looking for the underdog or somebody that hasn't had that exposure, or doesn't have an agent, or doesn't have a manager, doesn't have headshots. Those are the ones that really are the underdogs, right, And I'm always looking for those. And that's why I give that that platform and I do my acting classes to you know, give them the pillars that they need and the points that they need and those kind of molding that they need to become an actor, a real Thespian.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And the thing about that casting room that you know we live in it, right And so I transition direct ninety seven ninety eight when I just came on board and really live with Buster runs and Eve as their coach. But the generation shift and they change.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to you guys don't see the soul, but I want you to talk about because Yolanda, I feel like because I started my career in eighty seven at MTV and it was just myself and Kevin Powell. So in terms of people of color, Okay, I'm exaggerating, but anyway, there weren't a lot of people of color at that time. So work ethics and me and my work ethics and how I pushed myself beyond what the expectations were and I felt that that is the position that I was in, and so generationally, I just I want you to tap on some of that, but also talk about this generation that your experience in your casting world and their work ethics or beliefs.
Speaker 3: When I started out, you know, you had to do the work. You had to put the work in. You looked at you know, TV shows, you looked at movies, you you studied actors. You had to know actors' names. You had to know who people were. You had to know their resume. You had to know producers, and you had to know dire directors. You had to do your research. And I didn't have that Internet to do that when I was coming up, So I needed to do my research, you know, go look at their resume and really get you know, the actual work.
Speaker 2: Of what they things.
Speaker 1: Facts exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: The computers were, you know, we were just tapping into those. We were still using typewriters when I started work process, so exactly. You know, so I see that this generation, this wave of actors that I have seen lately, I feel like they're old. It's I'm not supposed to wanting to do the work. They don't want to do the research. And I really when doing this last project that I worked on one night in Miami, Gina King's directorial debut.
Speaker 2: Associated on that along with.
Speaker 3: Kim harden Is, the casting director, and I noticed that it took me about four months just to you know, get people to really audition correctly for Muhammad Ali and actually he was Cash's Clay at that time, so it was like people wanted to come in and they wanted to come in as Muhammad Ali, but it was like, did you do your research? Did you know who Cash as Clay was the Muslim? So it's like you have why he did that exactly, Like you need to do your research and know who these these talents are, who who Jim Brown really was, and then you know at that time and who Malcolm X was and what he was making the transition of leaving the Nation of Islam. People were not paying attention to that and they had to do their research, and I noticed that that's what's being done. It's like, if you're doing a bio on someone that is an existing person, wouldn't you want to do your research on them and be like them? And it's a highway. You guys have it now. You guys can go on the internet. You guys can go to Netflix, you can go to Hulu. There's so much YouTube. You can go to so many places now to do your research on actress. But they still still like, you know, it's the little baby steps that are going to get you the job and the work. No, and especially when you're dealing with a director that is an actor that's a child actor that comes it knows the journey that they have taken. So it's like an oscar exactly immy multi actress actress. So it's like you have to know that you're coming into audition for someone like that, then you have to she's done her.
Speaker 1: Work, absolutely, you do yours, That's right.
Speaker 3: So I try to push my students to do the research and to make sure that they know what they're doing when they step into the room, because I know what I'm doing and so they need to learn how to, you know, to do the research an actors period, and if you're doing a biopic, and.
Speaker 2: If you're creating a character, do the research stuff with your friends.
Speaker 3: I have done so much to try to help actors, and little do you know, people that my friends that are actors, they take my personality and it will create a character that has happened.
Speaker 2: I believe that it truly happens.
Speaker 1: That's great though, that.
Speaker 2: It truly happened. So I know that.
Speaker 3: I know that that's what you people you draw from. So that's why I try to act. You know, I try to teach my my my, my students. You know, the first choice is the best choice. Don't overthink it as an actor, right and just do your research. You know, you can never be too perfect at acting. We have the Denzel Washington still get coached. There's you know, there's actors Nicole Kidman's they still get coached.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Lopez introduced me to her acting coach on The Hustler. She was like, Tracy, I've been with him twenty years. Why would I leave him?
Speaker 2: That's the point.
Speaker 3: If you really are truly dedicated to this, then that's that's what you do. You do the work. And I also have come across and this is going to be a very touchy subject. Oh yay, that actors domestically are not so great with international actors. You know, our British actors. They feel like the British Is are coming over here and doing all the work. But guess what, British actors are doing a lot of work because they're learning our tongue, they're learning our native song, they're learning how to be to do our dialect. So why is it so hard for you to learn to do their dialect? They go, they come over here to do they do, do training, over go abroad and do training.
Speaker 1: There should be no and you should want to as an actor to work outside. I worked in Amsterdam recently. I taught a workshop, and why not go to Amsterdam? Why not explore outside of America to do work. But one of the things that I wanted to touch base when you were talking about the audition and people not doing their work, do you find that actors don't read action insides?
Speaker 2: No, they don't read the stage direction at all.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, they.
Speaker 2: No, it's not you. Oh it's not.
Speaker 3: And that's another thing that I teach my read the stage direction. It's telling you what to do in the scene. I mean, it's the most self explanatory thing ever.
Speaker 1: So I was coaching this actress and Gossip Girls coming back and I said, yes, but but they were cussing in the sides, and I said, ce w, it's on HBO Max.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they did. They picked it up and so it's like a reboot. There was some cuss it.
Speaker 1: So I said to the actress, you know Gossip Girls, you know it was out before and she was like, yeah, I know. And I said, well, have you seen any episodes of the and she was like no. And I was like, so what I'm gonna need you to do? And I'm gonna need you to see the episodes so that you understand they're bringing it back. So just so you can get an understanding, right, there was a line the character is an African American girl, and what the information that we did not have is who she was. But she has a line that she says to this white girl, Jane. She says, well, who are you an heir to the Kogate dynasty or the niece of the Earl of Kensington. So I said, do you understand the wealth of the school that you're going to? And she was like, oh, you know, it's like, you know one of the schools in Manhattan, like a private school, said no, no, no, no, no, no. The air Cogate air if you get fortune five hundred the richest people in the world. When that addition comes out, they list the heirs of like Walmart, Pampers, you know, and hers, Okay, all of them, and these people are like seventy eighty ninety. But when you deal with that type of money, you're getting installments, like every two or three years, you're getting millions, like you know, eighteen, you're getting millions twenty one. Like and I have a friend who is an heir, so I don't know how much she gets, but like she gets this money in increments. So these people seventy eighty nineties Kogate still getting money.
Speaker 2: So I said, you have to do.
Speaker 1: Your research to understand. And then it says the Earl of Kensington, this is not a sat earl and the information.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: My challenge is how do we help actors today because in this climate, I know what it's like to stand up for like twelve hours exterior Chicago coaching eve On barbershop sixteen hours a day six days a week, and I wrote this book on my day off for three months. So what do we do about the work ethic of these actors?
Speaker 3: I mean, we have platforms like this right here to be able to promote what they need to know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's on the receiver.
Speaker 3: And I could beat you in the head all day long and tell you know it's green, but you're gonna say it's blue no matter what.
Speaker 2: Right I can't.
Speaker 3: I can only give you all of the fundamentals that you need, okay, And I'm giving you all of those things.
Speaker 2: It's not in the orthodox way.
Speaker 3: It's the way that I know, as a working casting director expert in what you do, that this is.
Speaker 2: What I need to see. I need to see this.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that this is whatever casting directors need to see as well. When you were walking into a room, right, I try to teach you the etiquette. You know, It's like I make you feel like when you walk into my room, like you've known me for years, but you don't know me. So there's a there's there is a boundary, there's a personal way of you coming in, be it feeling comfortable because I would be doing a disservice if I made you uncomfortable to myself and you because I need to cast a role. So if you're not comfortable in doing the character, how am I going to How am I going to get my cast role? So I set that promise, But people need to know the etiquette of it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not you.
Speaker 3: Know, hey, home girl, no you know. And I've come across that because you too. Some people feel like they do know me in it. And that goes back to social media now allowing people to get closer to you casting director. You know, in the eighties and the nineties, we didn't have that connection.
Speaker 2: You didn't even know what I looked like.
Speaker 3: So, you know, social media came out to play the facebooks, and then you know people wanting to, you know, know more, and then you know, the avenues of technologies is getting bigger and bigger and bigger, and just trying to stay in the know of that, and you can't be archaic in our game.
Speaker 2: We have to be in the know.
Speaker 3: Even though I might not, you know, be on social media as much as I should be. I am active, right, I still try to stay active. I try to let people know what's going on with me because you want to know why I'm working. I want to keep you guys employed. So if I'm not on social media as much, it's just because I'm working to try to keep you guys working.
Speaker 2: And if not, I'm teaching classes to keep you guys working exactly.
Speaker 3: So it's a process and I'm constantly trying to stay busy. I have another sex seven week course coming, so let's talk about your classes. Where do you teach? Where can we get the information because actors need to be there. Well, I teach at Express New Work. In my new seven weeks course is going to be every Wednesday, sorry, January twenty. I give seven weeks, and I give you the fundamentals of what I'm looking for to get a call back. Okay, you're gonna do monologues, you're going to do comedy, you're gonna do drama, you're going to do improv. You're going to give me character build. I'm going to give you a character. I want you to build it and you're going to act it out.
Speaker 2: I give you.
Speaker 3: I do those things because you need to be able to be just as creative in the room as you are is doing an audition, because that's how you bring a character to life. So I try to give them all those fundamentals. And this is my next one is kids yay. This is my first challenge with that. I'm doing it with two other cast and directors who actually a casting director and.
Speaker 2: A talent agent.
Speaker 3: Charlie is out of Los Angeles and here he does his workshop here and Sandy Mendelha Mendenhall. She's like, you know, yeah, Sammy is more of a reality commercial talented cast in Virgil like she did kids say the dardest things, so she does like those kind of cat talents.
Speaker 2: And then it's me coming in showing the theatrical. Nice.
Speaker 3: So you got your talent agent, you've got your commercial and commercial modeling, and then you have your theatrical. So because those are all kids, that's great. And that's my one day seminar coming up on February first, February first at expresswork as well.
Speaker 1: So where can we actors?
Speaker 2: Event right? Event right?
Speaker 3: Got all of those guys my upcoming events, and then I promote everything on my social media. You're Line behind Entertainment on Facebook okay, and also my ig okay Casting Diva, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Casting Diva. Yes, we have a cast DIVA recognized. So in your classes, I want to ask you because I used to sort of gauge, right, like, let's say you have twenty students in your class. Out of those twenty students, how many are going to take your jewels and parlayed to the next level in their acting class? I mean, in their acting career.
Speaker 3: It's so funny you said that because the last class I just had, I gauged. I started off with twenty five students, wonderful, amazing. First class was like, oh my god too. They had to know what the work was going to be. Oh by the time I was done, I had six. So that's a third of my class. That's a third of the people that want to do the work, that actually want to learn, actually want to feel like they're doing something and not being given something. Because I also realized that people when they take my class, they think, because I am a vet in this game, they're going to get something out of this. Now I'm giving you all of the things that you need to know. Oh my god, it's not about you. You learn from me. You get an audition just so happens. Sometimes you might get blessed with that because you might be that talented at what are a project I'm working on at that time? I'm going to give you an audition. I give you shots all the time. I have students that I haven't seen in five years. Yeah, but I think about them. I remember for them. I've given them auditions. Right, one of my former students got I called me and asked me. She said, I really want audition for Coming to America too. It was a phone call away. I called Lea Daniels Butler, go out of the audition. She put herself on tape. That's the kind of thing is if I know that you are well worthy of that and you've done the work, they I'm actually going to do it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Let me just say this. I love my casting director friends, and I celebrate them. So, if you thought this was the last time you were going to hear from Yolanda Hunt, you are sadly mistaken. Landa. You are coming back. There's too much to oh, thank you. I didn't even ask her. I apologize. I just assumed, sorry, will you come back?
Speaker 3: I just feel like there's things that still need to be covered. Yeah, I guess definitely. The Cassy Divas coming back.
Speaker 1: Yay, Okay, So in these moments that I have with you, I want you two things. One, I want you to share your pet peeves. Give us a couple of your pet peeves. Okay, my biggest pet.
Speaker 3: Peeve is, like I said, when you come into the room, you should never want to shake my hand. That is one of my biggest pet pees. I see fifty plus people a day. I don't want to give you anything, and I don't want you to give me anything that is really truly.
Speaker 2: That is one thing.
Speaker 3: I'm not a germophobe, but I just am conscious of the fact that I am dealing with a lot of people on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love it. My other pet pee don't call me maum, do not call me.
Speaker 3: Mout I dropped the mic. I agree, I'm not your mouth. I'm just a casting director. Yes, Miss Hunt, Miss Landa, I have no problem with that.
Speaker 2: But ma'am, I.
Speaker 1: Don't jenya flect exactly saying I just I'm saying I, like you said, nobody can see me what I look like right now, but I know I don't look like a mound. Okay, No, she does not, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yes, and.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, do not say I'm sorry. When you're auditioning and you fumble, that should have actually been my number one because we go switch it. Honestly, when you're auditioning and that's that you're three minutes, I'm okay with you missing a couple of lines or you having to stop and start, because that's gonna make you better. But as soon as you say i'm sorry, you broke character, you broke my interest, you broke my whole attention. So now I'm gonna just go through the motions because now you're gonna mess yourself up even more because when you're saying I'm sorry, it's just like now you're fumbling, right then the bees, the sweat come out on your gros and then everything and then the little brow comes out, and then you're looking at me like for an answer, like I'm a lifeline.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not a lifeline. Now, I'm just I'm watching you just do what you do, so don't say you're sorry. Give yourself three seconds, count to three, breathe, pick up from that last line and keep going. We're not gonna stop you. We're gonna let you go ahead and go because we want to see you shine. You want to see you deliver. We want to see you be able to win. So when you start saying I'm sorry, you're you're shooting your own.
Speaker 1: Self and the actors, I listen, I'm so excited because whenever I have a casting director, I feel like we speak the same language and I'm like, thank you, thank you, like.
Speaker 2: We do, we have our code of we do.
Speaker 1: But it's I just there's just such a comfort in knowing that there's someone like you that I am not consistently casting anymore, but to know in terms of casting and teaching that you are out there that honing these actors empowering because that's what you're doing when when you are talking about the etiquettes and when you're talking about research and all of this stuff is empowering. And so we need you guys to receive it. No, it is. It is. And so when we come back for part two of Casting Diva extraordinaiy Yolanda Hunt, We're going to have some other stuff that we're going to touch upon as well. But the great thing is is that we still have Yolanda for our next segment, class and session with Spirit Actor alumni who you know as well, Leanne Amado and Amani Patterson is going to be calling in for us.
Speaker 2: Okay, I look forward to it.
Speaker 1: I do too. Oh my god, my heart is filled. I could just levitate for the rest of the day. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Thank you for, like you know, allowing my voice to be heard to the actors that I would love to reach and meet.
Speaker 2: So absolutely well.
Speaker 1: We're also going to reinforce all of this information about your workshops and your classes for the adults and children as well. Thank you, You're welcome, oh man, okay, thank you. And next we'll have class and session with Spirited Actor alumni Leanne Amado. Welcome back to the Spirited Actor Podcast with me, Tracy Moore and Yolanda our casting director of Stoord and they are casting. Diva is still with us and I'm so excited. Thank you, Landa, thank you for still having me. Yeah we go kidnap. You look want some good spirited stuff though, absolutely yes. So we also have Spirited Actor alumni Leanna moatdo helean Hey, so glad you're here. Okay, I apologize, and spirit Actor alumni Emani Patterson Imani Hey, Hello, Hey, we're great, Thank you so much. Okay, so let's get started, you guys. So this is how we play this game, Landa. I will read the slug lines the action, and then Leanne and Imani are just going to read their lines, and you know, we're going to breathe life into it for Yulanda so that she can give you guys some constructive criticism, and then we're going to read it again. Lani and I will not participate. Okay, here we go. Interior living room night. Rebecca and Eric sit at the opposite end of the couch. The tension fills the room. Eric leans forward.
Speaker 4: Do you want to talk?
Speaker 1: Rebecca glances sharply at Eric.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny to me? Now?
Speaker 2: You have lots of.
Speaker 4: Conversation, Rebecca, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 5: Well, I cannot take another apology from you.
Speaker 1: Eric.
Speaker 4: Rebecca, I am sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm not accepting your apology.
Speaker 4: What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: Rebecca laughs and cries at the same time.
Speaker 5: You want me to make this easy for you. You want me to end this. God, you're so pathetic.
Speaker 4: I'll accept my responsibility, but approaches him.
Speaker 2: But what.
Speaker 5: I have some responsibility in this?
Speaker 1: Eric walks away. She stands in his way.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, don't walk away from me.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Eric tries to get away without touching her.
Speaker 4: All right, Becca, all right?
Speaker 1: Rebecca slowly backs off.
Speaker 4: She sits, I never meant to hurt you. It wasn't supposed to happen this way. I had too much to drink.
Speaker 1: Rebecca laughs.
Speaker 4: I got a lift share I was on my way home to you.
Speaker 1: Rebecca tears up.
Speaker 4: What are the chances that my ex girlfriend would get in the car. It didn't mean anything, I never does.
Speaker 5: Do you want this to work?
Speaker 2: Eric?
Speaker 4: Of course I wanted to work.
Speaker 5: Even after you had sex with your ex Yeah, ex girlfriend on your way home engagement party. Yes, you don't think that might be a problem.
Speaker 1: Eric paces thatca.
Speaker 4: It meant nothing and it will never happen again. I promise you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I really want to believe every word coming out of your mouth.
Speaker 2: But I can't.
Speaker 1: Rebecca removes the ring from her finger and places it in Eric's hand.
Speaker 4: Keep it, you deserve it.
Speaker 1: Scene. Eric walks out the door. Okay, thank you, thank you. Wow, Okay, it's on you.
Speaker 3: First off, you guys have a good chemistry together, but I am going to have you do it again and leanne the key thing is is that when she's doing those stage directions, when she's making those those points that you laugh, and then you need to add those in that incorporate that because it makes us seem a little bit more real, and just watch out for the beats that you guys are allowing the space and didn't have the real moments. You know you've experienced some kind of you know, heartbreak and maybe not this magnitude, but you know that you've had that, and you're pleading should be really sincere. I should be able to really know that you're dead wrong for actually sleeping with some of your ex girlfriend on your engagement. That's what I want to feel. But I definitely want you to pay attend to the day stage direction because those are they're they're playing a factor with you giving your emotion off.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so Emani and Leanne, I'm not reading the stage direction, but you know where those moments are. Okay, so let's incorporate what Eolanda has given you. Take a breath and you guys ready, okay, yes, and action?
Speaker 4: Do you want to talk?
Speaker 5: You know what's funny to me now you have lots of conversation.
Speaker 4: Well, Becca, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 5: I cannot take another apology from you, Eric.
Speaker 4: Beka, I am sorry.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not accepting your apology.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what.
Speaker 4: What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: You want me to make this easy for you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: You want me to end this?
Speaker 2: You're pathetic.
Speaker 4: I'll accept my responsibility, but what.
Speaker 5: I have some responsibility in this? No? No, no, no, don't walk away from me.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Hmm, I'll write that guy? All right? I never I never meant to hurt you, all right? Was it supposed to happen this way? I had so much to drink, I got a lift share, I was on my way home to you. What are the chances that my ex girlfriend would get in the car? Didn't mean anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It never does. Do you want this? Do you want this to work?
Speaker 1: Eric?
Speaker 4: Of course, someone at the work.
Speaker 5: Even after you had sex with your ex girlfriend on your way home from our engagement party. Yes, and you don't think that might be a problem.
Speaker 4: That's as it meant. It meant absolutely nothing will never happen again. I could promise you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really really want to believe every word that's coming out of your mouth, but I can't.
Speaker 4: You keep it you deserve it.
Speaker 2: And see much.
Speaker 1: They listened to you.
Speaker 3: Besides, I don't know, I'm glad. Yeah, that's what I consider myself. Workable actors that take direction and apply it and use it and go ahead and redo the scene and actually make me feel I felt like that second time around, you guys were more into it and felt it and it might be channeled to somebody else's relationship or your own or a present or current, you know, a previous situation, but it actually was in corporate.
Speaker 2: I believed it. I didn't want to pay attends to the paper. I wanted to pay at terms to the actor me too.
Speaker 1: Wow, great direction, miss Yolanda Hunts, and thank you, Amani Patterson. We appreciate love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm a menum you and Moni. I'm looking forward to seeing and meeting you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Somni, this is this is how it's going down. This how's going down because your lot is coming back. So when Yolanda comes back, I'm going to have the date and then you come in live and you and Leanne will have another scene.
Speaker 2: To work with the hands on.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so that's that's a date that's done. Okay, thank you, so much Leanne, and I was getting ready to cry.
Speaker 2: Leanne always you know, she's a tears man, She's passionate about her craft.
Speaker 1: She is I'm going to levitate today because of the love that I have received on this show. I can't even tell you Landa like how you've touched my spirit and it is just it's beautiful to know that after all these years, we still know each other.
Speaker 2: I know we still are in touch.
Speaker 1: With each other.
Speaker 2: That's wonderful thing.
Speaker 1: And we love each other. So this has been a really really powerful, powerful show and you guys have to tune in again because part two is going to be even more explosive. I'm going to ask you to put on seatbelts for part two because I know, listen, she what and I know you all just go go home and she gonna be like, yeah, I guys, bring it. You allowed to bring it for part two. Thank you so much, thank you, Thank you guys out there as well. Yay, and thank you again Amani for jumping on board.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yay, thank you, thank you for class in session. And now it's time forgive love. So I went to Amsterdam in October and incurred a large amount of expenses on my cell phone. And I'm not going to say who the carrier is, but I called my carrier to see if I could negotiate some of these additional fees, which kind of exceeded into like six hundred dollars, right, So I called the carrier and the guy picks up the phone and he says, hello, miss Moore, how can I help you? My name is Jesus. You cannot make that up. I said, excuse me, sir, what is your name? He said, my name is Jesus. I said, are you sure your name's not Jesus. He said no, my name is Jesus. I said, thank you, Jesus. I know a miracle is going to happen now because Jesus is on the phone. And he was like, yes, miss Moore, I will see how I can help you. He said, can you hold on the line, Miss Moore. I said, yes, Jesus, I can hold all the line, knowing that a miracle is going. Happy Jesus. So he put me on hold and he came back and he said, miss Moore, I think we can help you. I said, oh Lord, thank you Jesus. I knew you were going to help me, Jesus. I knew from the minute you picked up the phone, Jesus, that you were on my side. Jesus, I am here to tell you. Signs are everywhere. What are the chances that I needed help? And Jesus answered the phone. The moral of the story is pay attention to the signs. They are right in front of you, and Jesus is always on the line. Thank you for joining us on the Spirited Actor podcast with me Tracy Moore. I look forward to our next Spirited podcast. Thank you