Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Find your local station for Comedo on Rich at Foxsports Radio dot.
Speaker 2: Com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: It's like searching FSR.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, VIP and full of effect. We're te mother, thanks for being part of our VIPs. Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. It's great to be back on the West Coast. And I left just in time because there supposed to be another storm on the East coas. This is on a bomb cyclone. What's a bomb cyclone? I'm bad, So we're set. I'm out there for that. We're from the East Coast out here in LA live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Gotta get the bread and milk. Gotta get the bread and milk, milk. Iowa Sam is here on the ones and two Standy g super producing eight seven, seven ninety nine out Fox Spots on the videos at Covino and Rich FSR.
Speaker 1: We're streaming live.
Speaker 2: We're throwing it back when fifty hits going old school. Dan Byer's here. We be rocking out. Let's go brend of Milk. Thank you Fox Sports Radio Nation for being here. And a big, big thanks to Chili John's and Burbank because they catered our bellies.
Speaker 1: Put it that way, our bellies.
Speaker 2: They catered the food today and we had some great barbecue to start it off. So let's just say some some burgers. We're feeling nice right now courtesy of Chili John's. We appreciate that. It's a great way to start the day, great way to start the weekend because Thursday's the new Friday, and I know we have no football this weekend, Rich, but I want people to start getting pumped about Shakor Stevenson, tia Fimo Lopez. I'm the only guy screaming about it. So I'm telling you fight in the year, bro, speak for yourself. My daughter's got flag football on Sunday. Oh, I mean professional football. Of course, I know you're talking about eight year old girl flag football. Though, you know what, Rich, one of the greatest points you made, and you don't make many, so this one stands out.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. I love it. No, I'm not, Yes, I am.
Speaker 2: Is that the reason we don't see kids playing in the streets like we used to with football, stickball, pick up basketball, some two hand touch is because it's been replaced with traveling sports and intermural sports, no doubt. That's why it's not that kids don't go out and play. It's that they've capitalized on it and said, hey, kids, instead of playing in the street, how about you pay to be in our league lots of money. Wait, you kids are playing street football. Have your dad or mom give me four hundred bucks and you could play flag football.
Speaker 1: And it's so true. I never really looked at it that way.
Speaker 2: We used to think if a kid ever has any downtime, that's why they're on their tablet or playing video games, because every other spare moment of their life, they're being driven around to another sporting event. That is the world of sports we live in now. Listen, we're all big sports fans. A lot of people listening got kids. There was that BS narrative for a while, like kids are lazy now. And you know, when I was a kid, we were playing tackle football and kill the mail with the ball and home run derby. I don't see kids playing whiffle ball like you said. But guess what we didn't do. I talked to a parent at school. I'm like, hey, hey, Mark has little Jackson doing. He's got basketball twice a week, flag football, he's in a travel baseball league, and he's in another league.
Speaker 1: And that's really the time consuming crazy world. You know we did. We destroyed our parents' lawns Ay, man, I just puceed down on my grass. You're ruining my lawn.
Speaker 2: Sorry, dad, that's my uh that's where I bask my pitcher's mound.
Speaker 1: Now, you know that's where I'm batting. It's the batter's box. You know. You don't see kids do that.
Speaker 2: I did, probably every day of my life for years, throw a handball or a tennis ball against my stupid and trying to.
Speaker 1: Get it to bounce back to me right off the corner. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So some brilliant genius said, all right, enough of the stup ball. Let's make some money and have these kids sign up for a travel stoop ball. It's just travel sports, and that's what kids are spending their time doing.
Speaker 1: So Rich is right.
Speaker 2: There may be no NFL this weekend, but I'm sure you're going to some travel league thinking kids are bringing you somewhere exactly. But that is the reality, Kivino. Before we get into Lebron and Mama Kelsey, I have a theory about the Kelsey fan. We're gonna get to all this, but if you are a parent and listen it is Fox Sports Radio, you're more consumed than ever before. And a lot of former athletes, a lot of coaches, a lot of like people with legit resumes, say that playing multiple sports made them better at the sport. They ended up focusing on the whole idea of like, you know, you should really hone in early and play one sport that's been proven nonsense. Also makes you well rounded. You probably develop other skills like greater footwork from other sports. I mean to give you a boxing example. Vasili Loomachenko is one of the best boxers, or was one of the greatest pound for pound, not because he was just hitting a speed bag all the time and the heavy bag. Is because he danced on the side. That's how you became a fan of him, right, yeah, oh yeah, I was like, this guy's a regular.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, he boxes too. I'm just a fan. Leum a tangle and d love his twinkle toes.
Speaker 2: No, but you know, if you spread it out and yet you keep your sports options open.
Speaker 1: It makes you just a better athlete all around.
Speaker 2: When we were kids, how many times did you hear someone's dad or uncle say, you know, Lynn Swan does ballet? Like there was always it was always that. But that's the whole point. It's just the world we live in now. But bam the end. Let's suck Lebron for a second. Let's let's get into the show. Let's dive in. And I first, can I remind hey, by the way scuba divers, you know why they dive backwards?
Speaker 1: Why they fall backwards off the boat when the water so they don't like bubbles, don't get in and they don't die.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no, because if they if they went forward, they'd just be in the boat. That's another Mitch Edburg line. I think it's broadcasting life from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. If you miss any of the show or any of my bad jokes, be sure to catch them on the podcast. Search Covino and Rich wherever you stream your podcast. Rate it five stars because anything less is uncivilized. And if you want to be part of the fun right now, you want to talk some smell, You want to get involved, be part of the family officially. You want to see what you're here, see our sweet pompadors and zip upjackets. Go to YouTube dot com slash at Covino and rich FSR. We're streaming live as we speak Covino and rich FSR on YouTube and subscribe there too.
Speaker 1: It's free now. Lebron James, Len James.
Speaker 2: Last night, Lebron James, Lebron James. Last night his team got smoked by the Cavaliers, his former team one nine ninety nine.
Speaker 1: That's what happened last night.
Speaker 2: And after the game, they asked Lebron, Hey, Lebron, are you like taking note that you could be playing in these arenas for the last time?
Speaker 1: And you know, do you have any Lebron audio? Hey, let's sake a listen to Lebron James himself.
Speaker 3: Why not I have not even thought to the point of like a farewell tour or whatever the case may be, because I haven't had the conversation with myself and my family on when it is it, when it is over, So that has not even nothing that would come after that.
Speaker 2: First of all, that is bs Baracas never thought about it, hasn't thought he's Lebron James, he's the fault.
Speaker 1: Thought about it. I thought about it.
Speaker 2: I'm not Lebron James before this guy retires, and it's closer than we think. Probably it's it's sooner than later. Put it that way. He's definitely the caliber of player and the type of player to almost expect some sort of farewell tour and tribute as he retires.
Speaker 1: So he's damn well thought about it. That's that's that's BS.
Speaker 2: But Lebron James scored eleven points and twenty seven minutes last night. They also did a tribute to him because it could have been his last game in Cleveland. He sort of left it open for interpretation. He's like, very well, might be my last game. But he got a little puss in boots, a little welled up with tears watching the tribute, and it got people speculating, like, you think he'll come back, You think he comes back with Cleveland. Let me let me give you guys a little quiz Pop quiz, hotshot, I don't like quizzes, man, get your number two pencil. I retired from school, hot shot, phill out your scantron do I got a scratching sniff sticker.
Speaker 1: You can sniff this.
Speaker 2: Scratching sniff d if I were to ask you the career of Lebron James. You know how a lot of times time just moves along so fast that it feels like it's a blur. Yeah, what do you think the breakdown of how many of the blank? And Danny G's son has a mustache? And I know, how many years do you think Lebron played for each of the teams he's been on in the NBA.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to catch anyway. I know the answer because I looked it up. So but does.
Speaker 2: Anyone want to guess, like, how how long was Lebron originally on the Calves?
Speaker 1: What would be your guests original first round?
Speaker 2: Six years? Maybe seven close seven years? How long was he with the Miami Heat? I think buyer knows the answer to that, for four years? How long was he back with the Calves?
Speaker 1: Was that also for that? Was far right? But how doozy? How long with the Lakers?
Speaker 4: Well, I know because of the long sound clip that we got ready.
Speaker 1: For, but it's crazy to think eight.
Speaker 2: It does feel like this is his newer team and he's still building his legacy with the Lakers. Look, he's already won with the Lakers. I always count the Bubble championship. I think I thought that was a harder championship to win. But eight years take a listen.
Speaker 3: Eight years ago when I left to go to LA I would have if you would have asked me, would still be playing in twenty twenty six, out of said no, I've been going to eighth straight finals and with all the energy and all the mental toe and the physical toll that it took on you know, me and obviously my teammates, you know, for Miami four here, if you would have asked me if I was going to be playing eight years later, I said.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know what, when you think of Lebron seven in Cleveland, then the little Miami experiment, not one, not two, not.
Speaker 1: Three, not four, that whole thing.
Speaker 2: Then back to Cleveland where he upsets Steph Curry, that Warriors team eleven years total with Cleveland to the Lakers wins a Bubble title.
Speaker 1: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I count it. It's been a long, crazy, awesome career.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. I feel like Lebron James to me goes through ebbs and flows, and I can't be the only.
Speaker 2: One where I'm like, man, I really like Lebron and then you're like this guy and then you're like, I like him again?
Speaker 1: Nah is son of him? I love him? I hate him. Yeah, he goes from lovable to punchable face.
Speaker 2: He is like but it's almost like a wrestling, a wrestler that goes from heel to face, back and forth, where there are times I'm like, you rooted against him, you re form.
Speaker 1: You root against him, you reeform.
Speaker 2: So I ask you this, if his time expires in Los Angeles and this is not where it ends, does Lebron James become very lovable and routable if he just says I'm gonna go one last little run in Cleveland if he went home, or does.
Speaker 1: That make him hateable again?
Speaker 2: Because if he left for Cleveland, it's very self serving. It's is sort of selfish. But he's earned that. He's from there. He's not the first to do it, but that pretty much seals the East. He's on a really competitive team.
Speaker 1: So with him and Donovan Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Gel Well, it's been made very clear that it's Mitchell's team, right, Danny g Yeah.
Speaker 4: After the game, the reporter had the mic and was talking about the love in the arena that Lebron gets and Donovan Mitchell's standing there, and his teammate was quick to jump in and say, hey, this is Donovan City.
Speaker 1: Now we need to give him that love. So they'd have to coexist.
Speaker 2: But I think this is one of those stories that a lot of people do want to see happen. It seems fitting he is Lebron. But that criticism you speak of, you know, there's some truth to an old clip. It's an old clip that Allen Iverson said. The reason practice, No, not that that's a legendary one, but we took the difference practice between him and Michael Jordan, and there's many differences.
Speaker 1: Beget a lot of players, including Jordan. Back then.
Speaker 2: They were with a team and they had a fight through the crappy years and of good years. Yeah, you know, Lebron James, he bounced around a lot, and it is criticized for that. He didn't stick around for all those crappy years. He left and built other teams in other places. Players back then fought through the tough times. A lot of them didn't win because of Michael Jordan, but they fought through the tough times. They were loyal to one team. And that's the criticism amongst the old heads who like to hate on Lebron a lot of things about it, you know, a lot of that hate and a lot of the criticism he's brought on himself. He's very outspoken, he's very polarizing. I don't know how this one's good. This move's going to be perceived, but to me, it tugs on the heartstrings a little bit.
Speaker 1: He's going back home.
Speaker 2: If you're at a job or a book end the career, in a relationship, whatever the scenario is, if you feel like it's a dead end, you know, you move on sometimes, and it's said even in a marriage, sometimes you gotta call quit. So I don't know, maybe the old timers, maybe the old heads were a little too loyal, because we learned very quickly the teams aren't loyal to you if you start struggling. So, but that was the difference that was in city that was your team, and you know, if you were they in that city, you just had to deal with those punches and just try to overcome, not to pivot. They say Lebron didn't have to deal with that same sort of stuff. So That's why the criticism. And of course, like I said, more outspoken player, and hey man, you still can't take away from the legacy he leaves and in the career he's had, longevity, he's had well not to pivot, pivot, you don't get that rest for it. Cavino said that I've never watched Watch Friends. I watched the Mexican version of Egos.
Speaker 1: It was way better. I didn't watch Friends, Dude, I didn't have time for that friend we were busy doing in the nineties. Relate to any of those nerds on that show. Let me look, do you and David Trimmer? You like the Mexican David Trimmer. That's how I look at you.
Speaker 2: I know it's a legendary show. But let me pivot to Yannis and I get the reference. Not that I'm double with Lebron, but let me ask you about Yannis. All the speculation my friends in New York said to me, my friends in New York are under this uh like illusion and delusion that like he's definitely becoming a nick I don't know. Yeah, the guy that could change a franchise overnight depending on where he goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the rumors have been swirling around the past few days that the Knicks could trigger a three team trade that would bring Yiannis to New York and.
Speaker 2: New Yorkers are like Thurston. They're like Thurston. Hell of a third, they are Thurston for Yannis. But would you give Yannis crap if he finally said, listen, I was in Milwaukee all these years, I want an NBA title. I don't think do you think fans could hold it against him?
Speaker 5: I think fans are starting to hold it against him that he hasn't said that he wants out publicly. I think that there are a lot of fans that are in the Milwaukee area if those are the fans that you're talking about, that are just saying, why is this happening again?
Speaker 1: Why are we now going through this? Does he or doesn't he?
Speaker 5: When we've heard reports that he told the front office he wanted to go to New York last offseason. And honestly, it's the only advantage the Knicks have because they probably don't have enough to give the Bucks anything, but for the fact that Jannis would want to go and play in New York may be enough of an advantage to keep the n in these trade conversations.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, by the way, speaking of trades, that's a big part of what Lebron's gonna do. I was listening to Charles Barkley this morning on the DP show Dan Patrick, where we often fill in Vito and Rich If you kiss an ass man, I was just taking time combing my pompado and I was bored and needed something to listen to and take you to comb your hair. No, because the question is whether or not Lebron could leave now, like if they dished him, now, that's trade bait to get a big man that could benefit La. LA would get a big man from Cleveland, and then Cleveland gets the legacy of Lebron who he could potentially help that team because they're contending right now in the.
Speaker 1: East and then able to win.
Speaker 2: Or the Lakers they they waited out, don't do anything and then it becomes a, you know, a weird situation for them, like they don't they don't get anything in return.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Lebron has to be on board because he does have a no trade exactly.
Speaker 2: You've talked about it, Danny, where it's very clear amongst Lakers fans in the organization that the focus is on Luca now, it's not Lebron's team. Lebron is a legend, but moves, future moves are not made based on Lebron. Barkley's point was the one move they did make by drafting Bronni apparently wasn't even appreciated. So I think they're done doing Lebron James any Fanny favors. Yeah, but Barkley's point was that it'd be a win win for both teams, and if they wait too long, it's only a win for one team.
Speaker 5: You know, what I found funny was when the whole Lebron contract stuff came up of how many people were pro Lakers like for that of kind of you know, and Lebron in the offseason previously people took the Lakers side for kind of feeling that Lebron has just kind of hijacked this franchise.
Speaker 2: You know, idb I think a lot of people because like Ramona Shelburn, a lot of people who cover basketball were saying that Lebron didn't even ask for them to pick up Bronni.
Speaker 1: James like be asked.
Speaker 2: B of course he did, and he said, you know, there is whispers that he never asked for that, So why should he be kissing, asking and so grateful. Well, hold, I'm not buying ass I'm not buying because I'm not buying it, Biggus. In about five hours from now, I'm gonna be at the pony Ball draft.
Speaker 1: I have to head up the Shetland little You.
Speaker 2: Know the five and six year olds give many parents today are texting me about what team they want their kid to be on. If people are doing that in Little League and pony Ball, you don't think Lebron maybe put out a call NBA drafts why he should.
Speaker 1: Have been grateful?
Speaker 2: And when Geenie Buss says he wasn't, that makes you take their side. But you know, as we speculate the next move for the Lakers in Cleveland and Lebron James, who's in the middle of the whole thing. If he were to go back home Cleveland, is it fun times in Cleveland again?
Speaker 1: Do you love Lebron again? Because the narrative sort of changes on him. Ah, there he is.
Speaker 2: Hey. I hated him his whole it's always been up and down. I hated him, loved him, hated him, loved him. But you know what, I love him again because he's back home where he belongs to a nice story. I want to see the old guy go out with some good wins and a nice farewell. I have a question, would that be again?
Speaker 1: Wait? Would that rank?
Speaker 2: Let's let's play fantasy games here, and my fantasies usually don't involve basketball players.
Speaker 1: Just for the record, why is Lebron in your fantasy? Dude?
Speaker 2: My fantasy is I can't really talk about here. Let's get into a fantasy scenario. Lebron James gets delp back to Cleveland, Lakers get their big man. Lebron James wins an NBA title in Cleveland and retires. Is that better than l way back to back retiring?
Speaker 6: Is that like?
Speaker 1: Would that be the ultimate?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be insane. It would surprise me to watch him win the finals.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, he is not exactly fitting in perfectly with this younger Laker team right now. And when he started the season late after coming off the arthritis and the other old guy injuries he had at the start of the season, you guys made the point on the air for several days that he needed to find his role and just fit in and let Luca and the other guys lead the way and find his spot on the team.
Speaker 1: Oh, I agree. I agree.
Speaker 4: As the seasons progressed, there's been a little bit. There's definitely been downs to go with some of the wins, but lately the Lakers have been so inconsistent and sloppy that lake. I think that's why Laker fans are kind of like, all right, let's build around Luca right now, and would not be crying if Lebron was shipped off. But there's been rumors forever that he would be the best fit in Golden State in San Francisco with an older team, veterans he's wanted to play with for a long time.
Speaker 2: His name is being thrown around there too, So yeah, you know, all of these things play a factor as to what happens. Yeah, because if they end up with Jannis in Golden State, I don't think Lebron's going on.
Speaker 4: I just feel like it would be hard for him and Donovan Mitchell to coexist perfectly in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would imagine Cleveland fans would w it's a great storybook ending in a great farewell. Is the East, in your opinion, still obviously more wide open than the West, Like if Lebron goes there. If the Knicks Detroit's the one seed, but I don't know. If I don't know if Detroit scares anyone, maybe they do. I said that last year about okay see, and I was way wrong. But Boston, of course is always in it to win it. But is the East a clear path? And again, this is just some wild fantasy that if Lebron went back to Cleveland and him and Donovan Mitchell were like a matchmate of Heaven like Hogan and Macho Man Mega Powers. I feel like his time and la is expiring, right and we don't. We no longer like this side of Lebron and this storyline. But I think he reinvents himself and wins your heart over again. If he's wearing the Cavaliers jersey for whatever reason, I think we all love him again after that.
Speaker 5: I think there's some people surprised that it hasn't happened yet because of how wide open the East is. And the reason we think the East is wide open is because the Pistons are leading it. The Celtics, who are playing amazing basketball without Jason Tatum, don't have Jason Tatum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so with all of that.
Speaker 5: By the way, It's funny as well, because I completely hijacked your conversation when you brought up the Knicks. I thought you guys were talking about Jannis, But I think Jannis is the first domino, you know, like with all of this. Of so, if a team weren't actually want Lebron, they would also probably want Yiannis and Lebron actually maybe planned b if they weren't able to get Yannis for whatever playoff push they would make.
Speaker 1: So meaning like with the Knicks, like who do you think the Knicks would rather have Lebron? Of course, honest, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So like if you're one of those teams, if you're Golden State right now, you don't have Jimmy Butler, who would you rather have?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, Lebron's okay too.
Speaker 2: It's like Metsiny get Tucker, but Boba Schett to me, sure seems pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: Sometimes number two is better than number one. He's planned lobby.
Speaker 2: And I was traveling that sounded like an Iowa Sam joke, traveling last night from New Jersey back to the West Coast, and I see a story from last night that Jason Tatum told ESPN last night while I was on the plane that he hasn't made a decision on whether or not he'll return from the torn Achilles this season. But I had recently heard that he was planning on returns. So he's saying making it clear that he hasn't decided yet. So that does play a factor in the East. You say Achilles are actually I say actually sometimes so again Fox Sports Radio Nation, all these moving parts, stan Byer hit the nail on the head. It all revolves around Domino piece number one, Yannis. But Lebron if he ended up in Cleveland, do you does does it warm up your heart a little bit?
Speaker 1: And say o?
Speaker 4: Y Also, is he going to help out any team with his contract? Because Windhorst was in the news. I think you went to high school with him, Coveno. He was in the news this morning saying Lebron would have to take a pay cut and that's gonna be a big part of what where he lands and how it dictates his next spot.
Speaker 2: All right, so you're phone calls, your thoughts. I would like put it this way. Here's I'll leave it at this. I would like to see him return back to Cleveland. You know who's he been since we met? Him, just a kid from Macron, Ohio. It meant the world to him to bring a championship to Cleveland and to retire in Cleveland. I think that would be the perfect story for a legendary player of our generation.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you this.
Speaker 2: We will talk more about this on over Promised after the show because we have old school and fifty hits later today. So over Promised Episode one twenty six debuts today right here on this YouTube page, and we'll continue with Lebron talk and more.
Speaker 1: But right now we're Conveno and Rich and we want to know about your headaches, your staffing headaches.
Speaker 2: Staffing Your business is complex, high turnover, skills gaps, ever, changing regulations could slow and drain resources. That's where Express Employment Professionals comes into play. With decades of staffing experience, It's Express connects you to a larger pool of qualified candidates, helping you reduce turnover and build the right sized workforce.
Speaker 1: Get started at expresspros dot com. Let's get it started.
Speaker 2: Need to flex your staff for peak seasons or special projects. Express Employment Pros offers contract staffing so you could scale up or down with these preventing burnout and boosting productivity, worried about compliance express days on top of ever changing employment laws. So they're also recognized clearly Rated's Best of Staffing, Client and Talent Awards plus the Diamond Award for Client Satisfaction.
Speaker 1: The only hiring challenges hold your business back.
Speaker 2: Visit expresspros dot com, find a local office and discover how Express Employment Pros can help you hire smarter and faster. If hiring is taking you away from growing your business, get the support you need at expresspros dot com. Building your workforce supporting your success. The weekend of the second through the eighth, we just bring you all the fun, all the interviews live from Super Bowl week, so be tuning in and watch the show. If there was ever a reason to watch the show and follow us. Lots of superstars stopping by next week. So it's Coveno and Rich FSR on YouTube. I'm bumped at Coveno and Rich FSR right now live from the Fox Sports Radio Studios.
Speaker 1: Your next success can begin sooner than you think.
Speaker 2: Put your goals within reach at University of Maryland Global Campus, an accredited state university. Apply now and say with no application fee. Classes start February eleventh, learn more at UMGC dot edu. That's your MGC dot ed U. And I don't want to steal buyers thunder, but this just in. Would you believe it?
Speaker 1: The Score announced that the Dodgers signed Yannis. Oh, I mean, it's ridiculous. Can you believe this? And by way, wait and all the money's deferred me? I mean, I thought your Jesus joke last month was bad enough.
Speaker 2: No, but it's funny you see Yannis Yannis in the in the Dodgers like basketball jersey. But I'm so sick of all these fake news stories on social media. Fake news period is going to ruin or maybe for the greater good of mankind, it's a good thing. It's going to ruin social media as we know it because every time you open something there's some bs fake story either a problem.
Speaker 1: Here, here's the problem. You are fake news.
Speaker 2: The problem isn't fake news like the way you know the President and certain people were from. I'm talking forget the term fake news. I'm saying, like you click on something you're not quite sure if it's a I like the poor dude that lost his life in Minnesota, the video of like him kicking an ice car and spitting and like it was a speculation for twelve hours, like real fake, real fake. We live in a world where no one knows what's real. No one knows what's fake. And that's dangerous and that's you know, way more serious than me wondering did the Yankees really trade Jason Dominguez.
Speaker 1: To the Royals?
Speaker 2: Did Joe Tory die? Joe Torri died yesterday? There was there was fake news articles like Joe Torre. I'm like, no, honestly, he's alive.
Speaker 1: He's live.
Speaker 2: Here's my prediction. Remember when MySpace was a great place to hang out. My Space put you in our top eight, Kavino used.
Speaker 1: To I still put my mixtape.
Speaker 2: Not to sound creepy, but Cavino used to put girls in his top eight with intentions.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm the only guy. I was the only guy. Okay, not rich.
Speaker 2: We worked with Maxim at the time. Remember the men's magazine brands. Cavino would tell women that like he might be able to get him in the magazine. You get you shut your face. The point is, you know what I think ruined Maxim? All those fake I mean what ruins MySpace? All those fake accounts. It became all fake people and fake accounts flooding you're and you're like, you know what, who needs this? I guess I'll hop on Facebook or whatever else came out next, and then Instagram. Every time you open in social media, it's some fake bs and eventually the public, we the people, get sick of it.
Speaker 1: My wife makes one of it, and maybe we get back to normal.
Speaker 2: Life because I'll show my wife a video once in a while and she's like, she's like, you idiot, that's not real. I'm like, oh, I mean, I feel like a boomer. You know how your parents would get confe used by like a photoshop back in the day. That's all of us now when it comes to sports headlines, news headlines, real life stuff.
Speaker 1: So so lucky your boys, no sucker, the truth. I knew it.
Speaker 2: Jannis isn't going to the Dodgers, Oh thank god? Okay, but Giannis is going somewhere and Dan Byer hit the nail on the head because that's what he does. He is the number one dominant. Are you sure once that falls? We know where Lebron's going, what's gonna happen? And the question we post to you Fox Sports Radio Nation is if he goes back to Cleveland, I mean their contending team.
Speaker 1: Is that a selfish move?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: This is Mitchell's team. Screw Lebron and what he wants.
Speaker 2: This is Mitchell's team, and now he's gonna be overshadowing Lebron and all that.
Speaker 1: Does it warm your heart for him to be home?
Speaker 2: Or does it annoy you again in your love hate relationship with Lebron and is up and down, back and forth career and your feelings on him?
Speaker 1: And then later on today, rich hold on, I'm gonna give you an amazing analogy.
Speaker 2: Okay, at four pm today we'll continue are you talking about Lebron and more? We're going to talk who might be ass and our best and worst predictions, but we'll predict what we think is gonna happen with Lebron James. Okay, over promised right here on the YouTube page right after this show. Dude, I just got an update when my friends just sent me a link Lebron traded to the Knicks from the San Francisco Chronicle. Oh yeah, don't click it, let me click on this, don't Oh it's the naked guy him. Has No one ever realized that every link you get that leads you to the black guy naked out of bed is the San Francisco Chronicle Has that not clicked to anyone five six years that they'd had.
Speaker 1: They clicked to me in twenty twenty. Let me give you two quck analogies. We'll go to dB front update.
Speaker 2: Whether Lebron stays a Laker, goes to the Cavs, hey, maybe goes to Golden State, go somewhere else. Do you think at this stage of the game your opinion of Lebron will change it all? Because before I don't want to talk about I don't want to talk about both sides of my mouth. I said, oh, maybe if Lebron goes back to Cleveland, everyone starts loving him again. Compare to a politician, I feel like you've made your mind up already, you say, Donald Trump, people have already made their mind up no matter what he does, good or bad.
Speaker 1: You've made up your mind.
Speaker 2: Do you think people in the sports world, Danny g have made up their mind on Lebron long ago, because it's been like twenty years.
Speaker 1: No, I think you hit it at yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When we started the show, you said it's ebbs and flows with him and I totally agree with that, because there's times where I'm like, man, I love watching him play, and then there's other times where I get tired and it's he's kind of tedious.
Speaker 8: The people that he that hate him aren't going to change their tune. I think the people that like are like neutral with him, or they get kind of annoyed with him at times and they're like, Okay, I just get out of my life for a little while, Like yeah, maybe a little that'll have been fused.
Speaker 1: It's not easy to change the publics fore you on you once they've established it.
Speaker 2: That's why you know a Rod's such an anomaly, because I do feel he was able to change a lot of people's opinions about him.
Speaker 1: But Tom Brady asked it again.
Speaker 2: You and I were saying the other day, Tom Brady the analyst and broadcaster. Now I think a lot of people are starting to really love Tom Brady. That previous we were like, yeah, have Tom Brady. I agree like Tom Brady, like I'm seeing clips of him on podcasts about kids and.
Speaker 1: Winning and teaching lessons, and he comes across like fantastic.
Speaker 4: And as a Lakers fan, I think a lot of it is the off the court stuff, the things with clutch and all those stories swirling around. That's what gets tiresome because if it was just, hey, he's concentrating on the floor with the team, then I wouldn't have any negative feelings about him.
Speaker 2: One lass thought, Lebron James, if he goes back to Cleveland, which is all speculation, is he Jay Leno and Donovan Mitchell's Cone and O'Brien where it's like, oh, that's the analogy, Like it's a good one, Like Donovan Mitchell is doing, you know, in other words, they promised him that his team, you're the guy, and then like Lebron's like Leno, who's.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, you know, I want my late that chill back, Like I'm going back to Cleveland. Then all of a sudden, it's like have you what are you going to cater to the you know you have to year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would have to let Mitchell know it is just a temporary thing, but it does take away from his story a little bit.
Speaker 1: I don't think so at all.
Speaker 5: I don't think that Donovan Mitchell is up to Conan's level, and I don't then I think that Lebron is Cleveland basketball. I mean, he's from the area Akron and that all plays into everything that is Cleveland.
Speaker 1: That's a great point, dB, as always man. In fact, as we have dB, let's go an update. Man.
Speaker 5: What's doing Jay? Something's doing in Philadelphia? The Eagles have their offensive coordinators. Breaking news just in they are hiring Green Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Sean Mannion to be the Eagles new offensive coordinator. Manuon spent six years in the NFL as a backup quarterback, now in the coaching ranks and now we'll take over as the Eagles OC. One of the things we have been watching, aside from who's going to be the next Cardinals or Raiders head coach, but the Eagles have found their offensive coordinator. Coach is being introduced today in ten to See it was Robert Salah. In Baltimore it was Jesse Minter, and in Buffalo it was Joe Brady.
Speaker 6: I've never been a head coach before, right, I'm understanding of that the only way to get head coaching experience is to be a head coach. But I think the most important thing is surrounding yourself with people that you can trust and you can lean on as you grow through it. There's gonna be elements, and I'm going to make mistakes. I'm not going to be perfect right, but I'm gonna do everything I can to continue to grow through that.
Speaker 1: There's some Josh Allen news as well.
Speaker 5: Alan spoke with reporters had surgery on Monday to repair a broken bone in his foot. Also says that he bears he feels some of the responsibility on why Sean McDermott is no longer the head coach there, saying that he found if he made a couple more plays on Saturday, or if they did as a team, that McDermott would still be their head coach. Josh Allen, speaking today, Patriots quarterback dray Draco Ma says he took some reps at practice as he deals with a shoulder injury. Patriots wearing They're all white uniforms for Super Bowl sixty. Seahawks will be donning their All Navies. Nuggets forward Aaron Gordon out four to six weeks because of a hamstring strength, Lakers center Jackson Hayes, and Spurs rookie Carter Bryant will take part in the slam Dunk competition at All Star Weekend. According to ESPN and Justin Lauer leads the Farmers Insurance Open at nine under par Brooks. Koepka, making his return to the PGA Tour, played the South Course today, the much more difficult South course in the North course, shoots one over seventy three and his ten back guys back to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Rich. I have a question for you Avan.
Speaker 2: Does it please your aesthetic connectations to hear whites versus Navies?
Speaker 1: You know what? Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: I feel like Rich got excited when you said that. Me and Dan Bayer, that's our commonality. Maybe he's rich.
Speaker 1: You were the first guy to criticize the color matchup in the Super Bows. He's rich. He's a Rich Davis guy.
Speaker 2: When it comes to uniforms and helmets, dB, your Seahawks rocking the you know the Navy Navy than that look they have, right? Do you think there is a Hey, this is a different Patriots team. Let's not let's not wear the traditional Patriots road jerseys Brady and Belichick war for years. Like all white that they wore last week as well, sort of indicates to me like this is a new their own identity.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is also a different design than what Brady wore for the uniform. But essentially, we hadn't seen the Patriots ever wear a all white uniform like that. Haven't seen it in the Super Bowl. They wore against the Ravens on the Sunday night game, so there were spots this year, but I was surprised that they chose it, and I think that could be a role in it because realistically, you know you're forty nine ers when they wear the throwbacks. I mentioned the Steelers earlier today when they went on their road Warriors run in Super Bowl forty. They wore their road uniforms, so they're like, we're going to continue to do that. The Patriots played two out of their three games at home, so they were wearing Navy jerseys, but they liked these white ones so much they're gonna wear them in the biggest game of.
Speaker 1: The year, where the throwbacks for both teams.
Speaker 2: I think it's a solid move. It's a new era though. Didn't they wear that in the snow just recently against Denver? That was yeah, they were yeah, two out of the three. Yeah, So they're rolling with these so yeah, but they won their first two game at home in their Navy uniforms. You know, though, they beat the Chargers and they beat the Texans.
Speaker 1: So thank you dB.
Speaker 2: All right, it's a celebrities birthday today and she's looking pretty fine. Oh ook a fine one, yeah, Oprah. So I want everyone to start thinking about celebrities and athletes who have aged really well.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll think about it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do a school in fifty hits when we return right here on the Covino and Rich Show, Fox Sports Radio, Bam, Remember more Lebron our predictions.
Speaker 1: Just put it that way.
Speaker 2: We're going over best and worst predictions and our Lebron prediction on over Promised, plus who might be asked and richest picks for the weekend over Promised.
Speaker 1: An hour and ten minutes from now.
Speaker 2: Right here on our YouTube page, we're streaming live Covino and Rich fsr it this time for our tire rack play of the day.
Speaker 1: Wimby had two big tongks last night.
Speaker 7: Rebound checking out my web, Benyama, Victor's Fit, Rebound, Fox spotting Victor underneath Reverse Jam.
Speaker 2: They're over a kopey for Victor Wenbinyama gotta love that Spurs beating the Rockets. Courtesy of twelve hundred news radio w a I Spurs Radio Network. That's our tyrect play of the day. For over forty years, Tyrak has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Shipped fast and free back by free Road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tirack dot com. Wait tire buying should be and now it's time we do it. Every Thursday, Old school win fifty hits.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. There's a certain ya what we gonna do his go back.
Speaker 7: Back into time throwing it back for a Thursday, Old school win fifty hits. That's fifty after CNR give you the time capsule topic and we reminisce to get.
Speaker 1: Yeah boy, all right. So when Danny g told me this, I was like, what now? Way six? You mentioned that's Oprah's birthday? How old is she? I don't even know? Seventy two? Is seventy two? Yeah? Around seventy two? You know whose birthday is today? I think of who your mom had a crush on in the eighties. Mustache, great mustache, good one.
Speaker 2: Tom Selleck is eighty one today, but his mustache is eighty three. Not sure how that happens somehow, but it is. As legend says, his mustache is eighty three today. But it's also Heather Graham's birthday. Actress, Heather Graham, You're gonna be shocked to hear that she's fifty five today. To say, what now, Yeah, you're high school college crush, your crush growing up, Heather Graham fifty five, She can't drive fifty five. By the way, Sammy Hagar style, Sammy Hagar, I guess U a diet of partying and cabo wabbo and tequila ages you well because that guy could still hit those notes and bring it.
Speaker 1: At seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm not saying he's necessarily in the conversation because he has aged well, Sammy Hagar, But based on Heather Graham, if you look her up, you're like, wow, she still looks great. And again, today's Hollywood starlet age is a lot different than previous generations for whatever reasons. I don't know if we're obviously we're ever gonna see old people the same way again.
Speaker 1: But she's fifty five.
Speaker 2: I would say that I feel like I picture our grandparents' generation like the World War two greatest generation.
Speaker 1: My grandmother never wore makeup and had a moo moo. Meanwhile like that.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, like boomer moms wear jewelry and get their nails done, and they're like, they're not it's.
Speaker 1: Looking good now. Not the grandmas our grandma's were.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, you know, the only reason I am not that surprised that she's fifty five is because we just talked about Swingers recently and how it came out in nineteen ninety six, and man, how old, how fast time's flying.
Speaker 1: So of course she's up there, but she's fifty five.
Speaker 2: Based on that, other celebrities and athletes that really look great for their age or who have aged gracefully, there's some obvious ones, but we want to mix it up and chop it up and get you involved. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Who comes to mind was Heather Graham? She was she was roller Girl and Nights right, yep. I was trying to I was trying to place in my head where I thought she was at, Like her was a dollar Graham that in Austin Powers didn't you have the dinner boomshoot bullets?
Speaker 1: Right? No, she was not a fembo.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: She was a lot of no no, no, okay, two strikes take three. She was you got this rich, Come on, you're out of time. Man was probably your dream girl. So name some others, other people who look great. Let us know.