Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. My friend is here and I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: I'm excited too.
Speaker 1: Teresa Judais. Oh my gosh, I love.
Speaker 2: You, thank you. This is so surreal. I mean I watched you, you know, I watched you growing up, and it's like so crazy for us to be in the same room doing a podcast together, Like I love that, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: And I've watched you my kids growing up. So there. Yeah, but here you are on the West Coast, and I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's crazy. I think we're the same age, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, are younger than me.
Speaker 2: I'm how old are you?
Speaker 1: Oh my mayor can google this shit, I'm.
Speaker 2: Fifty I'm fifty one, what so? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What so? Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like I remember watching your birthday. My birthday's May eighteen, so I'm going to be fifty two.
Speaker 1: Wait, my birthday's May sixteen.
Speaker 2: Is say that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this friendship all makes sense?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, see that that's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to be fifty one and you started TV? How old are you?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, well, I mean since I was born, like came out of you to row on TV. Fifteen. I did the pilot.
Speaker 2: See you started younger. I started later. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Real Housewives of New Jersey season fourteen, Yes is insane. Okay, So they got like the good part of you the world.
Speaker 2: I mean, thank you. I started out that way and then after, you know, then it's like everyone always comes for Teresa.
Speaker 1: They really do. Yeah, you're the og. Yes, we're both ogs.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like I can't imagine the show without you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how you hold it together, to be like the.
Speaker 2: Glue, the glue that holds it all together. Maybe the goddess.
Speaker 1: Queen queen.
Speaker 2: Yeah they like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are the Queen.
Speaker 2: I never like to say that about myself, you know, like I'm not that person. But yeah, I mean I did start the show, So thank you. I did start the show. And so yeah I am the OJ. So yeah, it's been you know, I've been through rollercoaster, lots of ups and downs. Yeah. So and I've shown it. I've shown it all. Like what you see is what you get. I'm real as they come.
Speaker 1: You really are so because I know her aside from watching her, and she really is like we so before we started the podcast, we saw each other downstairs and immediately we're like, what's going on? And you were on the phone with your daughter and she was buying a bird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Milania called me and Malani's like, Matt, can I get a bird? And I thought she just was asking me, like I figured she was in school, She's just asking me. And then she facetimes me and you saw she was at the pet store. She was there, So she was at the pet store and she's like, can I buy a bird? And I'm like, we have four dogs. I mean, we don't eat a bird. You know, I had birds growing up. They're really messy.
Speaker 1: So oh you did have birds?
Speaker 2: Yes, I did have. I hadoots and they're really loud. Yes, and they make a mess. Yeah, bird food all over the floor. So I just told her, like, you know what make a mess? Yeah, and make a mess. Yes, yeah, birds, that's a hard thing. But I promptly told her she should go ahead. And I know You're like, just tell her to get the bird. I'm like, no, Tori, you have four dogs, sollo oh no, no, I like what you said. You said because you have four dogs, You're like the birds could have heart attacks. From the dogs barking, So I liked it. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I winked at you. But that's actually a true story.
Speaker 2: That is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got a bird once at a pet store and it was pink, so I of course was like, oh, it's cute. I have to get this bird. And I got it and took it home, and then my dog barked and it was in It was called Rosie because I was super.
Speaker 2: One of my dogs is the real Rosy. It's so cute. See that. We have another thing in comedy there.
Speaker 1: Let's just keep satting up. But the dog barked and Rosie literally went I just fell hit the bottom of the cage, and we're like what, oh my god, oh my god, oh sad.
Speaker 2: And I thought about another thing. Both of her name starts with tea.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yeah, like, what's your nickname?
Speaker 2: Got up Tea? Like in high school was sweet Tea? Yeah, in high school was sweet Tea. Tray. A lot of people call me tree. That's what my ex used to call me, Tray. My fans are called tree huggers.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw Kay Hoover from Access Hollywood. She goes this, what are your fans called my fans are called you know tree. I'm like, what do you mean and she's like, what are they? I'm like tree huggers. She's like yes, She's like, you don't even know what they were calling me on Instagram because one time I walked off her show and like this was years ago and she's talked about something I didn't want to talk about. So I was like, you know, I'm not take and I just walked off. She's like, you don't understand. She's like, your fans came for me. She said she was called see you next Tuesday. I was like, oh my god. I was like, I'm so sorry. She's like, no, it's not your fault. She's like, it was your fans, your tree huggers that were coming after me. Saying that. So yesterday I was on her show, her and Mario and she's like, can we take can we take a video? I want to tell your fans that we've made up. I'm like sure, so everyone, I just want you guys to know me Kit Hoover made up. So thank you, my tree huggers. Love love, love you guys. You're amazing. Thanks for all your love and support. It means the world to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, my gosh, I love you tree hugger. Wait, I'm sorry I bought tree huggers something else.
Speaker 2: Oh what did you think they meant environmentally? Yeah, my ants call themselves three huggers, which I love. It's that's my nickname.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that too.
Speaker 1: What does Louie call you?
Speaker 2: He called sometimes he calls me babe. Sometimes you know, tea my love. Yeah, I have a.
Speaker 1: Question for you. Yes, did you feel like, I mean, obviously you've been through a divorce, you're remarried. Did you feel like there was a nickname that you and Joe had that when you got together with Louis, you were like, we can't call each other that because that was our name.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I called everyone honey. I think I used to say a lot, even to Joe, So trying not to say it to Louis. I mean, I'm trying to think what I call Louie Like, I just say him my love. I always say, you know, sweetheart.
Speaker 1: I love that. And now he lives here, well he's he's working here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, So we were just talking. We're going I'm going back and forth.
Speaker 1: That you're becoming by coastal.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I'm going to be spending a lot more time out here, so yes, we can hang out more. So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: It makes me so happy because I feel like so I'm terrified of flying, so I don't go to the East coast a lot. Okay, but I actually I mean I would come there for you.
Speaker 2: I would love that. Yeah, I mean we got to get you. You need to be a housewife of Beverly Hills and then we could do watch What Happens Live to Jersey. I would I mean you want to move to Jersey? Yes, I would love you. You wouldn't meet on the show together. We would be badasses. Yes, we would so survive. No, you would survive.
Speaker 1: Because you would have my back.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I would have your bath. Oh way to like this idea?
Speaker 1: Ok? Yes? Yeah, I pretend to be like timided and like shy, but like I feel like I'm a baller, Like I feel like I could like go for it.
Speaker 2: I thank so I've seen you in action, but I can't say now, guys, we have a surprise coming up Tori and I, but we can't really say. But I did see you in action, and I was just like, whoa you are hot and spicy.
Speaker 1: I know. I was like, I can't remember she's subscribing to my private early Family remember she did so she exactly.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I was like, Wow, that's Tory sexy and hot. Wow, really turning me on what? Yes, yeah, we can't talk about it. We did, but this sounds really and it's like not, you know what, But I'm gonna We're gonna keep talking.
Speaker 1: We're going to do many things.
Speaker 2: Yes we are.
Speaker 1: What's going on in the.
Speaker 2: Podcast world, Well, I'm not doing no stay bitches anymore. Melissa and I you know, we decided to go our separate ways.
Speaker 1: Understood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's having another baby, so she's focusing on her family. I'm focusing on mine and like now going back and forth to La. But I have a big surprise coming up, so I can't wait to tell everyone.
Speaker 1: If I were to be your manager, I would just say, like I you should have your your own.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you. I like the sound of that from your lips to God's ears. Okay, yeah, thank you? Are you there?
Speaker 1: God? It's me Tori.
Speaker 2: She needs her own What would would what do you think I should name it?
Speaker 1: Mm hm, Oh my gosh. Now you're putting me on the okay, never mind, no, no, no, I'll get back to you on that one. Okay, drive me crazy. So they gave a preview of the entire season, and it's like it looks insane in a good way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I mean, listen, it looks insane. It does look it's like it's it gets it's very toxic. It's toxic. I mean, hello, yeah you watched it, watch like the ending, theally, all of it.
Speaker 1: Oh but like good and bad, like it just all works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, like I'm talking about your life, like it's not your life, but we're kind of in the same boat. So it's okay, right, because people talk about our lives, they know our lives, they think they know us, right, and you have your tree huggers, But I'm sure you also have people that are just like, why are you putting it all out there? Yes, when you started putting it all out there, did it feel free at all?
Speaker 2: I mean, like, I guess I didn't even think of it that way like when I did it. Like first of all, when I first got on the show, I mean, how this all came to me. It just came to me, like I wouldn't go looking for it. Like these producers went, wht me tell you a story. Yeah, yeah, these producers went to the salon in Franklin Lakes and then so they were asking, you know, for like beautiful women with beautiful homes, like over the type lifestyles. So the owner of the salon recommended Dina and Jacqueline. They were regulars at that salai. So then Dina, you know, so they spoke to the producers. You know, they spoke to Dina and Jacqueline and they love them. And then they asked them, can you recommend any other you know, women for the you know, for the show that we're doing. And at the time, I think they were going to call it Jersey Mom, so it wasn't New Jersey Housewives. Yeah, So then Dina recommended me. So then that's how I got on, and and then I spoke to the producer everyone else, and then Jacqueline recommended Caroline. And then Danielle was a regular at that salon, and then Dina said to Jacqueline, you know, maybe we should recommend Danielle, but let's get to know her first. And then I think Danielle told the producers about Danielle and they intributed her. They loved her, you know, because she was you know, she made good TV. And then with me, they all signed the contract right away. They all signed the contract like that they were ready to do the show. Guess how long it took me to sign the contract along around almost a year, like eleven months. Yeah, because I didn't know what I was getting myself into, Tori. I was like, I kept asking Joe. I was like should I do this? Should I not do It's like, what is this? I just wasn't sure. I'm like, what is this? I didn't understand it. And then one day Jacqueline's like, come on, let's just do this together. We'll have so much fun and let's just and then I just signed a contract in front of Jacqueline, not even with the lawyer, and gave it to Jackeline. She put it in the fed xbox and that was it.
Speaker 1: Wait, we just talked to your lawyer before this.
Speaker 2: And yeah, this is my lawyer for the past ten years. Yeah. I met him when I was going away because I was going away and then I was trying to do a twenty two fifty five.
Speaker 1: That's like, I'm not that smart, right, it's.
Speaker 2: Called the twenty two fifty five to try to to try to keep you out of prison. Oh no, I was already I think going to prison twenty fifty five maybe.
Speaker 1: To get out earlier for my future.
Speaker 2: Like I think it's okay because I was I met him, I was already going to prison. And then not that I didn't want to talk about this, but I will tell you when I met Jim, and then I was going to do a twenty two fifty five to try to reduce my sentence, and it was like, yeah, it was it's hard to do that. So then that's how I met him, and that's how he came into my life. And that was it.
Speaker 1: So I can't believe. What if you hadn't signed that contract.
Speaker 2: I know, if I didn't sign that contract, I would still be a housewife. Just you know, I was just home taking care of my kids. That's it. Like you know I used to go to Naven Marcus for lunch every day. Yeah, I used to do stuff like that, like take the girls shopping like all that. I knew everybody and even Marcus in the makeup area in Norse Stroums, like I used to walk through. Everyone knew the girls. Yeah, it was so cute.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting to me, just because I think you're so smart and so savvy and just the way you handle things.
Speaker 2: Before, Like I had gya, I was. I was in the buying industry. I was. I was a buyer at a Macy's and then I went on the other side. I was a sales rep and then I was selling to the department stores.
Speaker 1: Because you have great taste.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like as my backgrounds fashion, I went to school for fashion, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean The Housewives has been such a great platform to be able to do. Yes, so many business operations I came, you know. I wrote four cookbooks, two memoirs. I had a lot of like brand deals.
Speaker 2: I did commercials. Yeah, so it's a lot of different shows. I did Dancing with the Stars. Yeah, oh wait, talk to me about Dancing with the Stars. First, it was so hard because I'm not a dancer, Like, I have no dancing background at all. So it was like I had a start from scratch, but I had fun doing it. My instructor, his name was Pasha. He was Ariana Maddox's partner as she just had so he would fly to New Jersey. We would we would rehearse all week and then we would fly back to you know, to compete.
Speaker 1: How many hours a day did you train?
Speaker 2: It was a lot, Yeah, it was a lot. Yeah, it was a lot. So it's did you ever do it?
Speaker 1: I haven't done it?
Speaker 2: Oh you should do it. Oh okay, we got to put that out there. Dancing with the stars. You gotta have toy spelling on.
Speaker 1: I've been asked before and I turned it down because I was scared. It was just it was fear. I love dancing too.
Speaker 2: And if you love dancing, and you'll be good at it.
Speaker 1: Here's my only reservation is I feel like I'm a great dancer after like two plus glasses of one, and I've got mad rhythm. But and I've done TV shows and movies where I've had to do learn choreography. Oh my god, I can't take direction. Like that's the thing you want me to freestyle flying splits. I could do it, like I'll show you later. But yeah, like you're like and step one, two three, I'm like, huh, Yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was a lot to remember, Like yeah, and you had to count in your head and all that, and like I get distracted very easily. Same and yeah, and you know, it was live, so it's like yes. And then they're like telling me, well, don't look at the screen, and I'm like what Like so it's like the littlest things. I mean, like yeah, or if I would look at something, I would get distracted. Yeah, so you write on it, so thank you. Yeah, No, it was good, listen. It was a great opportunity. I was happy I did it. Yeah, so it was fun.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, what's next?
Speaker 2: Well, How the Villains?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: How Villains?
Speaker 1: But I meant like the world is your oyster?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow? How the Villains? Season two?
Speaker 2: Well? Now now season fourteen's playing now right, I'm not sure when How Civillains is coming up, but they did announce it that I'm going to be on the cast.
Speaker 1: So so I was obsessed with season one of House of Villains, and when they announced it, I was really excited that you were going.
Speaker 2: To do it. Well at first, toy, let me tell you. When I I was like.
Speaker 1: You didn't want to sign the contract, I didn't like the name.
Speaker 2: I was like yeah, I was like, I was like when I heard it, I'm like House, I'm like a villain. I'm not a villain, you know, That's how I took it as I was like, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it because of the name. And then I'm so grateful that I did it now because I feel like everyone is going to really see the real Teresa. So it's going to it's different than Housewives.
Speaker 1: It's good to see you in a different yeah element, yeah, different elements unscripted. I feel like now being fifty almost fifty one and going through a divorce and like it's the second chapter. Everyone keeps calling it the second chapter, and it's like, oh my god, it's my halftime show, right, second chapter. I feel like I'm starting to be like everyone's so focused on the definition of certain words and house of villains, and when they announced that you were on it, I was like, and then I thought, but you have to redefine things like villains, Like you can be the villain in your own fairy tale, but you're also the princess.
Speaker 2: You're right, And I mean, listen, I do turn into a villain when you come for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna sit over here.
Speaker 2: Then yeah no, but that's you know, and I guess that's because I did flip the table on my show and like, so you know, I do get to that level, but only if you piss me off. You know, only you know if you poke the bear, if you poke the bear. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: You're the hottest bear I've ever seen that. We fans ever do they drunk at restaurants were like Theresa Teresa, and like flip tables for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, sometimes they may literally, well they don't flip tables for me, but they're like, can you flip the table? I'm like, oh yeah, I want to just do a few. Yeah, I came up.
Speaker 1: Wait, I feel like that's a business all in itself. You know how there's cameo. Are you on cameo?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I you could flip a table and you can charge like underground.
Speaker 2: So barely keep flipping the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Oh my gosh, like imagine that.
Speaker 2: Wait, I just got a cameo request that it's so funny. All right, Well on the show, I said to see word like a million times and they want me to say it, and I'm like, oh my god, I don't know if that's appropriate me saying it in the cameo. Did you huh? Did you say it? I didn't say yet I just got the request.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean technically that's like a business, not a personal one, so you get more money for that.
Speaker 2: Now that's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I look at it. But I feel like under they have like listings, like you can have someone like people always want me to say Dona Martin graduates and I fine, but I feel like, yeah, like table flipping that that would be pricey.
Speaker 2: I mean everywhere I go they love that. They always really they always want me to reenact it, like meaning like on commercials like I did. I did. I did two super Bowl commercials. I re enacted on there oh yeah, Drew Barrymore show, Oh yeah, with her so many places. Yeah, I did it at Bravocon. The first Bravocon I flipped the table and the last one too, you know, the first one I really flipped it. I think last year it was like an oh no, I did flip it too. Yeah, they told me to flip it. It's really messy, you know, to flip the table.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, well I always wanted to do it. Well, I mean from watching it. It's so funny because you always have that thing that people like define you by. And I to be honest, with you. I was always like a real Housewives of Beverly Hills because I think that's how I grew up, right, So obviously obviously I watched New Jersey, but it wasn't like my top one because like I was always like, oh, West Coast, like Beverly Hills, Like I just wanted to have a piece you live, right, Yeah, that's where I grew up. And I was just like, why, why the fuck am I not on this?
Speaker 2: So I hadn't.
Speaker 1: It was research to be like Andy, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Now, Andy, we gotta get toy spelling to be a Beverly Hills housewife.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I feel like I got to know you a different way. So that's not even how I think of you, like, oh, she flips tables like I just You've always been so lovely and approachable and kind and funny.
Speaker 2: And I think I met you first time I Bravo up front we did, I think, yeah, a long time ago. Yeah, I remember in La. Remember it was in La. Yeah, I remember, and I was just like, oh my god, that's Tory. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, it's it's so funny, Like I don't I've met a lot of people. And I don't fangirl out on any like actresses or actors or I mean maybe Brad Pitt, but like but Ryan Gosling, God, I love him. Which Ryan do you like? Ryan Reynolds or Ryan Gosling? Ryan Gosling? He played Ken And that's how the current people like the kids know. But for us, it would be the notebook.
Speaker 2: Oh that one.
Speaker 1: I think Reynolds for me, huh, first, first thing we don't have in common.
Speaker 2: So then we could hang out because okay, right, so then like, yeah, we wouldn't go for the same guy.
Speaker 1: But so I've always had a thing for him. I just like, I don't know, and I'm not even like.
Speaker 2: That is single. No.
Speaker 1: Eva Mendez is his wife, who was like a big He's beautiful.
Speaker 2: My sister in law looks like her Louis sister.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. So did you have a party trick when you were young and single?
Speaker 2: A party trick?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: No? You know, I Tori. I grew up with strict Italian parents. I didn't go to parties growing up. I didn't like my kids go to parties every weekend. I'm like, I wish I got to do that when I was your age. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't get to go. I was always home, Like I would go to one of my girlfriend's house, that's it, and come home or they usually my mother always wanted them to come to our house. She was that type of mother. Yeah, my parents are off the boat on first generation. So I had had had a curfet until I got married. What yeah, wait you got married at what age twenty seven? What? Yeah? Yes, I was not allowed to see by my boyfriend's house or my fiance's house. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, each why am I chill?
Speaker 2: Was not allowed to go on vacation with him? Like I could go on vacation with my friends, but not with my boyfriend or fiance because you know that means we would have sex, you know. So yeah I was. I was no, No, this is why.
Speaker 1: And then you ended up with four.
Speaker 2: Daughters after I got married.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's why you had so many. See what they say, everything in moderation, and he keeps something from someone, then you know they want it more. So before we started the show, You're a lawyer and I were talking and you and he was like, oh my god. She was like the Donna Martin And I was like, oh my gosh, so now it's all making sense. You were the good girl, but because you had to be the good girl, that's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: So Donna Martin was the virgin on the show, which in hindsight, it was my dad's show he created. He probably was like everyone was making out now and sex. He was probably like, I don't want my daughter. I don't know if that's the reason. I mean, I was a virgin on that show that dressed like a whore. Like it was like, how was that? Okay?
Speaker 2: Like that's and my you know, my father used to tell me, like he used to tell me like that he was going to take me to the doctors the day before I got married to make sure I was still a virgin. Oh my god, yes, no swear, I swear to god, I swear. So yeah. Yeah, So I was terrified of like my parents, like I grew like I was that type of kid like my father, Like I remember when I was growing up, like I was not allowed to cry, Like, you know, if I started crying, he'd be like, no cry, like if he was yelling at me, and then I couldn't don't cry. I don't know he just because you know what, when I cried, it would make him upset, so he like, you know, so if he yelled at me, if I did someth wrong, like I was not allowed to cry, and he like, sometimes he would yell at me, and he would scare me so much I would pee in my parents. Like that's how much I had fear in me because of my dad. So that's why I was always a good kid and never did drugs. Always was a good kid because I never wanted to disappoint my parents and for I was terrified of my parents. So yeah, and they put fear in me, which I guess it was a good thing because I never did anything bad, you know, I did. I was a good kid.
Speaker 1: And now you just flip tables. Yeah, I mean it all comes out eventually.
Speaker 2: This is the thing, you know. I You know, my father did raise a strong, you know, tough you know Italian girl that doesn't take any ship. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you grow up because of that feeling like crying and showing emotion was a sign of weakness?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, So it takes a lot for me to cry. Yeah, it does take a lot for me to cry. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't like crying either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I just yeah. I mean, but crying is okay, you know, it's okay, but like, yeah, it takes a lot for me to cry.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I don't drink water, so I'm really dehydrated. So anytime I cry, like I'm losing more fluids and I'm like, oh, there it goes.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's it's odd. My parents were really strict. Like I was the girl, like I was on like a hit show, but I still had a curfew and like couldn't go out and had to be home by eleven thirty. And I would drop all my friends off at like what do they call them now? It was raves back then, but like after hours or whatever. I don't know. Nope, I'm sure my age.
Speaker 2: No. But see your dad, he was okay with you dressing like that. Yeah, that's the odd part. See. I would if I would wear a short skirt and I was going to a club, like sometimes, he would go make me change so I have to bring my clothes in the car and change in the car.
Speaker 1: Of course he was like yeah, he was like, I would have like a skimpy outfit on underneath and wear something else over it, and then yeah, yeah I remember, And then I but my mom always waited up for me.
Speaker 2: She was like in the kitchen, like I was the type of like my you know, the club start pumping at twelve o'clock at New York, so I would get there at twelve. I would only be able to say one hour because my curfew was I had to be home at ch I think. And then my latest curfew was two thirty.
Speaker 1: And this is when you were like twenty six, when.
Speaker 2: I was twenty seven. Yes, that was my latest because like every year they would go up like a half hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in your twenties. So you turn twenty one and they were like you still.
Speaker 2: Have I remember my curfey for the longest time was one thirty. So I would get to the club at twelve, stay one hour, and then I would try to get home by like one thirty. And sometimes I'd get home and then my father would be waiting up for me. I would yeah, or sometimes I would make up story I got a flat tire and You'll be like, yeah, sure you like knowing that I'm like flying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course when you're that girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean one time he was waiting outside for me, I was I would make my brother cover for me. Sometimes so, but it was rough. And that's the thing. I didn't want to be like that with my kids because I wasn't doing anything wrong, you know. I was like, I feel like, you know what you have that that your childhood. You should have fun, You should go to clubs, experience like I never I never went to a diner after a club. You know, you go to a diner a club like I never did that. But I wasn't allowed to have sleepovers because my father they didn't want he's like they would they would put fear in me, like no the father or the brother could touch you, God forbid, Like it was that kind of yeah. So and then I didn't gee Am my first oldest, she was not allowed to have sleepovers. And then when all the legal stuff happened, that's when when I came home, I was I let my kids have sleepovers because I was just like, you know, I wanted I felt bad, like you know, because of everything that they've gone through, so I wanted to give them. I just wanted to make them happy in every which way. So then they started to have sleepovers. But I used to always put the fear in them, like if they have a brother, like be careful, like you know, if the father comes near, you make sure you push you you tell mommy right away. Because whatever my parents told me, I, you know, passed down to my kids.
Speaker 1: This is crazy, like I I mean, we grew up drastically different obviously, but I same thing, like the same. I wasn't ever allowed to sleep out my entire childhood. I get a friend sleepover, I wasn't allowed to same, Yeah, it had to be my house. I wasn't allowed to go to camp.
Speaker 2: Oh camp, Yeah know what. My Italians don't believe in camp.
Speaker 1: Really, I know you do end up like you said.
Speaker 2: So, my parents didn't believe in camp, you.
Speaker 1: Know, no, and my dad I'd be like why well, I was like they did. Let me see. Here's the odd part is they were so strict and like everything is started. You couldn't have a sleepover, you couldn't do this. But I was allowed to watch horror films starting at like age four, and like the most gruesome things. So I was like obsessed with do you like horror? You don't like horror films?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just scared.
Speaker 1: It was my only form of like something exhilarating. But yeah, I'd be like, oh, my god, pay the thirteen everyone dies, it's sleep by camp. I want to go. Not that I want to die. I wanted to be like the one that survived. But I said to my dad one year and I was like, my friends are making fun of me, Like why am I not allowed to go to camp? And he said, because I'd miss you too much if you were away. And I believe that. I was like, Okay, that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: Like what but that's cute. I was cute. Yeah, it was very ry to protect you, you know. But my thing is is I feel like you should experience stuff like that, you know, and and like listen, you know, I talk to my daughters all the time and tell them, you know, you know, you know. Of course, you know, we preach to them like just how you should be, this is what you should do, this is what you shouldn't do. So I mean, you just hope for the best. But I feel like, you know, you know, I don't want to keep my kids in a cage. No, I want them to experience life because you know, you're you're that young age you know, once in your life and so it's like I want, you know, I love that there, you know, experiencing that for sure. Of course, I know. I make them aware, like someone comes near you, make sure you call mommy right away, kick and wear hurts, you know all that, you know, just say, yeah, be careful, like don't do drugs or poise, you know, yeah, absolutely don't. You know, don't put your drink down because they're in college now they could get roof feed and like always keep your drink in your hand, don't put it down, you know, So we try to give them all that's.
Speaker 1: No really good advice, Like, you know, I feel like because everything was so strict and controlled with the best intentions, obviously I acted out. Didn't do drugs like I wasn't that right, or or didn't sleep with anyone, like it wasn't that type of acting out. But I would be the girl that had you know. I felt like, and this is not like my parents told me, like I had to be so prim and proper and you know, such a big life, and that I would go to parties. And I'm not talking like go to parties like it was like a twelve year old party. During the day. We were watching like you know, a movie and had like chips and dip and like a punch bowl. But I was the girl that like when they, like the parents would walk out, I'd get like all the other kids like riled up, and I'd be acting funny and stuff, and like this happened. The mom had to call my mother because they came in and I was standing on the table pissing in the punch bowl, and all the kids were like they thought it was so funny, and the parents were like, what the yeah, and I was just so repressed that I was like, oh again, my parents didn't mean to do that. I had this good girl's side, and where's the bad girl's side? So anyway, Yeah, so I have this question for you. This is what I've been meaning to really ask you. So my kids are like, oh, Mom, stop putting us out there and talking about us and like, and I'm like, it's kind of our day job. Like I don't know what to tell you, Like, my kids grew up on TV. Your kids grew up on TV, and it's hard when they don't want to be a part of it. Do you have ones that don't want I mean, they're all so damn gorgeous, but not a part of it.
Speaker 2: I do. My second daughter, Gabriella she's really private. She doesn't really like the whole you know, all the cameras and everything. But like I always ask my daughters if they want to film with me, like if they want to do a scene with me, so I don't force them, right, yeah, so if they want to, like Gia and Milania are more you know, they they're fine with the cameras. And Adriana she's my youngest, she's fourteen, and same thing. If I ask her, like, you know, you do you want to do this scene with me? And then she'll say yes, you know, but I don't force them, Like if they say no, I'm totally fine with it, right. But Gabrielle is my one that's a little bit more reserved. She's private on Instagram. She's that child, and I totally respect it. Like in order she doesn't like, I have to get her approval before posting a photo. I have to really get there all their approvals before. Ga Is really is fine with it, but the other girls, like I have to get their approval, but people posting a phone. Yeah, so I.
Speaker 1: Know when they were younger, you could just like so cute and they're like wait, what, no, take that down? What's that quote. Now you can't say that, No, you can't put that music to it. You can't.
Speaker 2: It's like, but gabriellis that's the one that went to the University of Michigan that you just watched that episode and you know she listen because of what happened to me, all the legal stuff, and you know, I was grateful for my job, and so you know, to them second nature because they you know, they did start really young on TV, like I think Gia was seven and then Millennia was three, Gabriella was four, and then I had Adriana on the show, right, so really they know that's what they know. You know, they know I'm being on TV and in Gia before getting on Housewives, I used to take our auditions, like for commercial auditions. She used to be a dancer, she did gymnastics. So I was trying to get her into this world, like just for her, and then I look and then what ended up happening that we ended up going on as a family.
Speaker 1: For my kids, they're more not okay some of them with the things.
Speaker 2: I say, oh yeah, oh yeah, I mean listen, I'm sure if I say something that my kids don't like, get I'll get the eye roll or whatever.
Speaker 1: And my fifteen year old she's now like, mom, I'm in high school, and like it's not okay, like people you can't say things because it affects me and I didn't choose this right, And I'm like, I understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know what happened with my kids, which is really sad that people would say things to them because of the legal situation that you know, me and my ex went through. And that's so mean, you know, it's just like, you know, nobody should be bullying or saying anything to to children like they you know, but kids are really mean. They It's so crazy how it is. And of course they hear it at home from their parents, so because you know, from watching the show, because it's not like the kids are watching Housewives, you know, right, So but like I know, my kids, like my kids would never be mean to any other children, like other kids out there, like my kids are not like that. I wish other parents would teach their kids like that, so kids wouldn't be bullied in school or wouldn't be you know, made fun of or you know, that should not happen.
Speaker 1: I agree, And yeah, and they're reading stuff on social media. They don't even know what's true. You know, all the press like you and I know, like.
Speaker 2: Right, you can't believe everything you read.
Speaker 1: Right, and some of it is true, but you know.
Speaker 2: It's like a lot of it is not. There's so many lives that are put out on my show, for instance, season fourteen, and like you sort into trailer, Yes, Margaret says that my husband spends all my money, Like, bitch, you don't even know what you're talking about. She does, She's not even in my house. It's like like she's putting out this false narrative out there, and it's like like, you know, she's trying to make me her storyline and that's all she does is talk about me. She's obsessed with me and my husband. It's like, yeah, oh my gosh. And at the reunion last year, the Foods came out with this Cockamanian shit like that my husband reached out to his ex in prison, like why would my husband reach out to your ex in prison? And then Tori, he fucking shot himself in the foot, Like he must be kicking himself right now because did you see all the stuff that's out there on social media about him? Yes, Okay, So.
Speaker 1: I heard John Fuda is a fan of double sided dildos, purple ones. Why purple? No, I'm just kidding. I imagine that that's the problem I have with it.
Speaker 2: So his Yeah, so, like someone contacted his ex in prison and started asking her questions, and so she told her, you know, her life story while she was with John and put this soul out there. But see, this is the thing where John totally fucked up because someone told him that Louis contacted his ex girlfriend in prison. So he opened up this can of worms and now they're all over him, eating him all up because it's like then now people started wondering, oh, he has an ex girlfriend now in prison, Like so he like, you get what I'm trying to say. So, so now people are contacting her, and the Sun reporter contacted her and wrote her an email because she wanted She's like, did Louis Ruellis is my husband's name. Did Louis Bruellis contact you? And she and then she came forward and said, no, I never spoke to him before. So thank you Diana from the Sun, because she she did, you know, because she toy just like they like to write about you they like to write about me. I you know, I give them. You know, people like to click on whatever story's out there about me because.
Speaker 1: You're a fucking relevant queen.
Speaker 2: That's why I know how well magazines no matter what it's like, star in touch. I've been on so many covers, like they'd love to write about me. I saw magazines. Yeah, so trust me. So if my husband reached out to John food Is X, like he said, my husband did, trust me, this reporter would have loved to put that out there. And I'm glad she did that because she spoke to her. And I'm glad because you know what people do lie Unfortunately, it happens on my show all the time, and I'm glad John fuda Is X said the truth that like I have never spoken to that person, you know. And then afterwards then another person contacted food is X and that's when all that stuff came out and she smelt the beans on how you know, how life was being with him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's on the show. It's like it's out there. People know about it.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, it's like, I know I had I had nothing against him and his wife at all, and like why would I want to contact your ex girlfriend in prison for for what? Sorry, No, I don't need you as a storyline. I do well just on my own. I've been doing this for fourteen, Like look season fourteen, and I'm still on top. Like, I don't need you as my storyline, And that would make me look so bad if I did that, Like why would I contact you. I didn't even know he had an ex girlfriend that was in prison. I didn't even know, Like, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 1: Because it's you. You drive everything, so they're always gonna use you as the reference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he opened up Prindor's box and I'm sure now he's kicking himself.