Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Everybody Welcome to NFL Game Debuts schedule release presented by Verizon.
Speaker 3: Patrick claybom Here Glad to be back with Greg rose at Doll and Cynthia Phillip. We're gonna give the schedule to the people. How exciting is this.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. They need a schedule.
Speaker 5: The people are clamoring for the schedule. No one can live without the schedule any longer.
Speaker 6: Calling it back and then it's back with Micky Campson. It's back in training camp. It's always back.
Speaker 3: It's gonna keep coming back.
Speaker 2: It never leaves no and we're glad about that fact. We're gonna run all the way through the entire schedule. We're gonna pick division winners. We're gonna give you win totals. Also making some Super Bowl predictions. If you remember, this guy got the actual game right a.
Speaker 3: Couple of years ago last year. Yeah, but a couple of years ago, it was all Greg Rosen.
Speaker 4: Thought, just like we did, you did.
Speaker 6: I always like taking credit for things that into well, that's that's life.
Speaker 3: You know, as as he should. Before we get the party started. We need to give you a chance to get some tickets to these games.
Speaker 2: We're so excited to single game tickets on sale now catch the biggest matchup, rivalries, and more. Visit NFL dot com slash tickets to purchase your tickets today. Tickets available through Ticketmasters, Seat Geek, and Sports Illustrated ticket members of the NFL Ticket Network.
Speaker 3: The off season kicks.
Speaker 2: Off with Patrick Mahomes and the Super Bowl Champs playing host to Lamar Jackson and the Ravens, a rematch of last season's AFC Championship. Derek Henry's going to make his Ravens debut while KC begins its quest for a third consecutive Lombardi Trophy.
Speaker 3: And how about the.
Speaker 2: First Sunday Night of the not just waiting all day, waiting for a long time. It's gonna be a rematch from last year's Wildcard round. Matthew Stafford Rams heading back to Motown to take on Jared Golf and the Lions, and two quarterbacks one and one head to head since being traded for each other. One did ultimately win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: But there's so much to look ahead to do.
Speaker 2: Let's look at this week one schedule here it is. We talked about those from more key games, but don't sleep. You get a chance to see the number one overall pick playing host of the Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Titans at Chicago.
Speaker 2: How about that Jags Dolphins in a Florida battle, And then we'll get to the afternoon games. In week one, we could see Greg Rolsenthal Gino Smith making his debut playing host of the Broncos.
Speaker 7: The sad Russ isn't there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no no Russ this time, No no late game magic there, the Jets and the forty nine ers looking forward to that one coming up on September ninth.
Speaker 3: So much to look ahead to.
Speaker 2: So let's dive in and talk about the games that we are most excited about from that Week one.
Speaker 3: Graphics, Cynthia, what's your look at it?
Speaker 5: I Am going to start where it all starts Thursday night, Arrowhead. What is better than seeing Patrick Mahomes take on the reigning League MVP. It is just a second time we've had this situation, meaning the Super Bowl champs and the raining Super Bowl MVP against the League MVP. Last time it was your Patriots, and by the way, the Patriots they did win after you know, winning the Super Bowl just prior. But this is a great one. This is what we've all been looking for. It's a rematch of a game that Patrick. Did you pick the Ravens.
Speaker 4: In that one?
Speaker 3: I did pick the The result was a little disciplined.
Speaker 5: It's okay, It's still like you can pick the We can already just tell you that you're gonna pick the Ravens week one.
Speaker 4: Now block that in.
Speaker 5: It's just it's pretty much a known already. But it's gonna be a great way to start.
Speaker 7: I love starting strong like that. It's Week one.
Speaker 6: I think it's the best football week of the year, and now we're adding a day to it. My favorite game in Week one is on Friday. It's in Brazil. What what is happening? The Green Bay Packers and the Philadelphia Eagles. I'm really excited for this one, uh because I want to see what the Eagles are doing schematically now with a new offensive coordinator. Are they gonna be as much into the touchbush? Are they gonna use Jalen Hurts in the same way running? You know, first week you kind of break out all the bells and whistles. They're going up against a new Packers defense dude, defensive coordinator Jeff Halflee. He's in our lives now, like we don't know what's gonna high life.
Speaker 4: And I went to Boston College. He's been in my life and.
Speaker 7: You know what, he's a good defensive goath.
Speaker 6: Jordan Love to me is a box office, just one of the best pure throwers of the football that we've seen. And then finally it's the Brazilian fans in just a setting that we haven't seen.
Speaker 7: Brazil's been watching these games.
Speaker 6: I know we have a huge audience in Brazil, in Germany and in England, and everyone's like, oh, the crowds are so great there and they're like just wait, like we laugh at the energy you're bringing.
Speaker 7: Brazil is gonna make it okay crazy.
Speaker 5: The best time zone of all of the international games as well, time zone perfection, well multo.
Speaker 2: Something that we can enjoy, and I think the newness plays into that. And that's why my game features a little bit of newness as well, because you could get a couple of playoff teams. Of course, there's some rematches, we're gonna go over those in just a second, but what about a team that just got in and a team that just didn't get in. And that's the Falcons taking on the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 3: Look at Kirk Cousins showing up there in Flowery.
Speaker 7: Branch laughing at your pick.
Speaker 2: Well he could be laughing, but there's Russell Wilson, super Bowl champion Russell Wilson. And how about Arthur Smith besmersed not just by Jamis Winston and the Saints, but by Atlanta subsequently before that, then he gets fired.
Speaker 3: Now he's got a team, if.
Speaker 2: Not one, but two fully operational quarterbacks in an offense where he can construct his vision.
Speaker 3: I think that's an exciting game.
Speaker 2: And we get to see Kyle Pitts with a quarterback, maybe two quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Is Kurt gonna play? Is it? Michael Pennock Junior. There's so many storylines that we can overreact to. That's what I love.
Speaker 5: You're already drafting Kyle Pitts as your tight end number one as well.
Speaker 4: We've locked in Patrick's.
Speaker 6: This game is a very Patrick selection. But I gotta give it to you, it's the right one. You actually were right on the seas.
Speaker 3: See, there we go. We start with a win for me.
Speaker 2: Everything of course is going to start though with that AFC Championship game rematch.
Speaker 3: That won't be our.
Speaker 2: Loan opportunity to see Kansas City on the big stage. They ended the season with that Miko Hardman walk off touchdown. The Chiefs are gonna have plenty of games, in fact, five games in prime time up next season. They trying to win their ninth straight AFC West title. Andy Reid squad also has a big matchup on Black Friday against their rival Raiders, the last team.
Speaker 3: To beat them. So this is a look at their full schedule.
Speaker 2: We get a really fun start against a couple of AFC North teams.
Speaker 3: And the Ravens and the Bengals.
Speaker 2: But Cynthia Casey has won at least ten games for nine straight seasons.
Speaker 3: Do they do it again?
Speaker 5: So it's may meaning the win totals are closer to that half way mark. However, the best win total projection in the entire AFC Chiefs ten point nine wins, so that rounds up to eleven by the time the season starts. Look for that number to creep up closer to twelve. The lucky thing for the Chiefs in general is that they get.
Speaker 4: To play the NFC South.
Speaker 5: That's a little bit of shade to the South, but it's also not really because that's just the way the schedule.
Speaker 7: Look at that NFC South.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, not sorry.
Speaker 3: Getting the division on it.
Speaker 2: Win just the Ultimately, they're tied for the sixteenth hardest schedule in twenty twenty four based on last season's opponent win percentages.
Speaker 3: So let's check out who's got.
Speaker 2: The roughest schedule ahead of them Rougher than the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: It's the Browns, the Ravens, and the Steelers.
Speaker 2: If you can figure out the commonality there, it's pretty obvious. And in the Texans and the Packers woea tied the twenty four New York Giants tied for sixth in terms of roughest schedule.
Speaker 4: A team just feels mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah then and the Patriots, I guess in the Raiders not even really close to the playoffs last year.
Speaker 3: So those are the numbers.
Speaker 2: But in your mind, Greg Rosenthal, in your mind and your perception, who has the toughest schedule in twenty Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't really buy into the strength of schedule. So many things have changed. So I'm picking a team not even on that entire board. It's the Detroit Lions. So what I look at is your division schedule first of all.
Speaker 7: So to me, the hardest schedule has to be.
Speaker 6: A team from the AFC North or the NFC North, which I believe are the two best divisions. It's crazy the NFC North can now be put in that category.
Speaker 7: It's four tough games now seven playoff teams from a year ago. Then I go out of division.
Speaker 6: They got to play the NFC West in the NFC out of division. I think that's very difficult. Then I look at the first place schedule. What's different than the rest of your teams. The Lions, for instance, have to play the Cowboy. That's a tough one. And then that seventeenth game, which is really like an X factor when looking at the schedules. What's their seventeenth game?
Speaker 7: Just the fun game the NFL wants to throw them.
Speaker 6: The Buffalo Bills always consistently good. I think it's a tough schedule for the Lions and a lot of primetime, a lot of pressure on your team.
Speaker 5: Oh listen, everyone needs Honolulu blue in primetime. It's just such a beautiful color. We can all agree. Another team with a beautiful color, the Jacksonville Jaguars, of course, tied for eighth on that list we saw before from last year. But let's just talk about how they start this year at Miami, yuck against Cleveland at home, double yuck at Buffalo, woof at Houston.
Speaker 4: That's the first four games.
Speaker 5: That is a really interesting Welcome to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Are you made of what we thought you were or not? It's gonna start real strong, It's gonna start real heavy. Did they do enough in free agency? That's a really tough schedule and by the way, there by isn't until late week twelve.
Speaker 7: So yeah, don't question Trevor around Patrick, It's.
Speaker 2: Safe to question literally everybody because all of these games are gonna be tough, and that's why the schedule is tough. But I'm looking at the Detroit Lions, who were Greg's pick. They believe in their quarterback. I think the Jags believe in their quarterback. I'm going to take the Browns here because one part of having a tough schedule is being the team that plays that schedule. They go in with Deshaun Watson returning a quarterback, and you just saw the tough schedule graphic. Yes, those teams in the AFC North are good. But here's a stretch for the Cleveland Browns. This season they played the Ravens. Of course, they have the Eagles, Bengals.
Speaker 3: And Ravens in one stretch. The next stretch later on.
Speaker 2: In the season is Steve Deelers, Chiefs, Bengals, Dolphins consecutively for the Browns. I believe in the Browns defense, but we've seen what the Browns can do and cannot do, and I just feel like that's.
Speaker 3: A very, very difficult schedule, but we will see that the time comes.
Speaker 2: Because this is the consummate team sport. We got eleven guys working together, We've got one hundred and fifty plus support staff. But it all comes down ultimately when we talk about these games, Hey, which quarterback is playing against.
Speaker 3: The other quarterback? So let's do that, shall we.
Speaker 2: There is some quarterback matchups. Of course, We've got the MVP and the Super Bowl MVP. We got the trade number one overall pick Rams Lions Battle. We've got the number one overall pick going against the number two overall picks. So many possible quarterback storylines. Despite the fact that these guys are on the field at the same time. So what let's talk about some quarterback not necessarily matchups, but games we're looking forward to seeing both quarterbacks playing in one particular game, Greg, what's your.
Speaker 7: Favorite for by it's two particular games.
Speaker 6: It's the AFC South matchups with Anthony Richardson and CJ. Stroud, And one of them is in Week one, which, like I said, is football Christmas.
Speaker 7: You unwrap it.
Speaker 6: And you know what I enjoyed as a present back in twenty twenty three, the one hundred and twenty minutes of the two complete games we saw out of Anthony Richardson because they were electric. He was as good a combination of decision making, arm strength and running ability as I've seen in a while. And who's he going up against? One of the best rookie quarterbacks of all.
Speaker 7: Time in CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud now improving into year two, and this is a matchup we get to see twice a year. They played last year and they both played really well. And yeah, I get excited about the quarterbacks. As you mentioned, I'm excited about the young quarterbacks. And you're usually better in your second year. That's when you improve the most.
Speaker 2: There's so many takes right about young quarterbacks, and we've seen a lot of them directed at two in the AFC East, particularly Tatonga Barloa as well as Josh.
Speaker 3: Allen, and those are the games I'm looking forward to. I would like to see both of those as well as.
Speaker 2: We get the Week two game, but it's really that Week nine game, that late season matchup between the Bills and the Dolphins that always seems to have so many implications playoff wise.
Speaker 3: Of course, the takes.
Speaker 2: Are gonna mean that only one of these quarterbacks can be good and have a viable career and all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: But the games themselves are fun.
Speaker 2: They inspire conversations about who can play in cold weather and all of that.
Speaker 3: I'm just really looking forward to seeing it. Yet again, what about you, Cynthia.
Speaker 5: I legit thought you guys were gonna do some like petty party stuff like.
Speaker 4: Kirk Cousins and Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Or even Derek Carr against the Raiders. These all happen this season, but we still have the Brady Manning rivalry of our generation, so I'm always gonna pick that whenever it happens. Of course, Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes who match up in Week eleven until.
Speaker 4: They're not in the league anymore.
Speaker 5: This will you can slate that in for next year. What is my favorite matchup if there are to play each other?
Speaker 7: That is Java's watching this thinking like, how come I camp be in this.
Speaker 5: Little Sorry Joe, sorry, honey, you gotta stay healthy. This is the game that everybody wants to see.
Speaker 4: Are the Bills gonna be.
Speaker 5: Okay with their remade pass catching situation? What does Joe Brady their offensive coordinate now? What does he have in store for them?
Speaker 4: And of course.
Speaker 5: Patrick Mahomes and they trained Xavier Worthy.
Speaker 4: His draft pick was the Bills. There's so many storylines and.
Speaker 5: It's Mahomes and it's the Brady and Manning of our time.
Speaker 2: It's two guys who could throw the ball really far, and we're really looking forward seeing them yet again, speaking of when Patrick Mahomes, We're getting a little Christmas treat coming up this year. Netflix will be home to a Christmas doubleheader. First, it's the Chiefs against the Steelers, followed up by the Baltimore Ravens against the Houston Texans. That's gonna be coming up Christmas.
Speaker 3: Day live on Netflix.
Speaker 2: We're just getting started here on game Debut, Schedule release presentabobve Verizon up next, Which teams are most likely to go from worse to first in their divisions in twenty twenty four Our.
Speaker 3: Answers might surprise you. Stick around.
Speaker 2: We're back and you can relive the highs of the tour twenty three NFL season with.
Speaker 3: NFL Plus Premium.
Speaker 2: Catch game replay twenty four to seven coverage on NFL Network, and gear up for live out of market preseason games this August. You could sign up today at plus NFL dot com. Terms and conditions apply. So many great playoff games from the twenty twenty three season we.
Speaker 3: Get to see renews and rematches.
Speaker 2: A lot of them do feature the Kansas City Chiefs, but also the Eagles at the Buccaneers, the Lions at the forty nine Ers.
Speaker 3: So much to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Infect Let's get some marquee matchups presented by Verizon and get to some of these juicy playoff rematches.
Speaker 3: Greg, what do you want to see the absolute most?
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna try to be cute here, Okay, I mean I am cute that you can't help.
Speaker 7: The actually forty nine Ers Chiefs like go to the obvious.
Speaker 6: It's the Super Bowl rematch, and it's the two teams that have been most consistently great in their conferences.
Speaker 7: This game was on NFL Network a couple of weekends ago.
Speaker 6: I may or may not have allowed my son to watch it because it's like, hey, it's sports. You can watch that all day long if you want. This game was crazy if you think about it. The Chiefs only scored six points in their first nine possessions and had two turnovers. The forty nine er should have won this game like nine times out of ten. They were leading this game ten to nothing. They had a second and four at the nine yard line in overtime. They gave this one away. We talk about revenge games all the time. It's not gonna make up for it winning a regular season game. But go win a ballgame at home against the Chiefs and at least feel better on that day.
Speaker 3: Okay, go win a bush, win a ball game.
Speaker 5: How about win two halves of the ballgame, not just the one half. My choice is obviously A week seventeen, the Detroit Lions the San Francisco forty nine Ers. Let's see if the Lions can play two halves of football huh, how.
Speaker 4: Are we doing on that? They did do.
Speaker 5: A lot to address the secondary, both in free agency and drafting, but I'm gonna tell you it doesn't get easier because the forty nine ers also address some of their issues. So in my estimation, if they had to redo it again, Dan Cambill probably wouldn't have kicked the field goal in the end of the first half. He probably would have went for it because that was his identity. It's not an analytics choice. It was an identity choice. Perhaps everything could be different. So the butterfly flaps the wings, maybe this time everything will be different like this.
Speaker 6: In Week seventeen too, So many good games early, but you got to save.
Speaker 5: It's a really good way to ring out twenty twenty four, you know, like one day before Newyear's Eve.
Speaker 2: I think before we get to all of those things, we have to go with what happened when the butterfly initially flapped. It swaps, and we go all the way back to the Lions playing host of the Rams in the playoffs, and leading up to that game, the thought was, hey, you know the Rams are resurgent. They're a late team. You know, we don't know if the Lions are they were, The Lions were ready, and Jared Goff is fresh off of getting.
Speaker 3: Paid with another chance to stick at the Shawn and revenge.
Speaker 2: As Dan Campbell said, he's good enough for Detroit. Another chance for him to show it in the very first week of the season. And it's like Greg said, it's unwrapping the Christmas present. It's opening things up and we will see what the Rams look like without a first ballot Hall of Famer and we get to see the line the new look Lions with the new secondary. I can't help but be more excited about the first chance to see it.
Speaker 7: In your Lione seat. They could have lost second.
Speaker 6: I will always believe that Rams team, like a call or two different, could have been in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Butterfly flats hypothetical ifs and buts. So let's go because none of those teams we just mentioned have a chance to do what the Houston Texans did last season.
Speaker 3: Let's go from worse to first.
Speaker 2: The Texans made the playoffs last year after finishing at the bottom of the division in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Three rins the season prior to that. CJ. Stroud is a rookie not only led them.
Speaker 2: To the division crown, but they got to win in the playoffs, becoming the most recent team to go from worse to first in their division. So here are the contestants for the twenty twenty four edition of Worse the first the Patriots, Bengals, Titans, Chargers, Commanders, Bears, Panthers, and Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Which team will go from worse to first?
Speaker 2: From this graphic, Cynthia, who's most likely?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 5: As Marcus says, sometimes a low hanging fruit tastes just as good.
Speaker 4: Nine to eight.
Speaker 5: That was the Bengals record, and you get Joe Burrow back, and those other three teams in your division all have the three hardest strength of schedule based on a metric that Greg thinks is garbage. But what that at least has to point to you as one point whatever. But ultimately you get Joe Burrow back, they added to their O line. There's a lot of goodness that goes on in that situation alone.
Speaker 4: Then you kind of get some new.
Speaker 5: Pieces for you know, on defense and also like the running back position. So I'm excited to see what these Bengals have in store this season.
Speaker 4: But it's the easiest one. They already were over five hundred last year.
Speaker 2: And ultimately because I agree with you, Cynthia, like we saw lou Anroumo back with almost an all new secondary last year, they were still contenders and this time around this pure basic math, I can envision the Bengals getting four more wins much easier than I can envision, say, the Patriots getting seven more wins more purely based on that.
Speaker 7: But we see math is math.
Speaker 2: Cam Taylor Brick going into another season, he got really hot late on last year.
Speaker 3: Of course they go on.
Speaker 2: They get Geno Stone from across the division coming over, you get add another veteran to the second and yes, the obvious thing, having Joe Burrow for more of the season is going to be better. So I just think it's more realistic to think the Bengals than whoever Greg's about.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's an easy answer.
Speaker 6: It's like you can just do whatever is easy, or you can wake up its men, attack the day, you can attack the show, you can attack the schedule release with an energy unknown to mind and pick that Chargers and you can look at, Okay, the Chiefs are in that division a bit of a problem. It's hard to be how many three peats have we seen in the NFL. You can't come up with that any in the Super Bowl era, So that's hard for the Chiefs. Then do you think about the Chargers. They got some work to do. But here's what they do have. They got Jim Harbaugh, great coaching staff, they got Justin Herbert, great quarterback, and then after drafting Joe All I think they have a great offensive line. That is a foundation with which, surprising worse, the first teams have been built on much less than quarterback.
Speaker 7: Coach, offensive line.
Speaker 2: Let's go Bots, all right, Yeah, you go out and you get a hot name rman coming over from the offense that Greg Roman was leading.
Speaker 3: Lest I feel excited Greg.
Speaker 6: I'm excited about Jim Harbough having him in our lives like he is a big yes nobody.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we're running through the full slate of primetime games.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Which teams deserve to be playing the most under the lights? We will discuss that, plus some win totals for some.
Speaker 3: Of the year's most intriguing squads.
Speaker 2: Which ones you'll find out when we come back on Game Debut schedule release presented by Verizon.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Game deview.
Speaker 2: Schedule release NFL Network kicks off. It's international slate Week five, the Jets and the Vikings in London, Aaron Rodgers squad taking on Justin Jefferson and company at Tottenham Stadium. Could we see the rookie quarterback JJ McCarthy in this one. We're looking forward to a lot of games coming up on NFL Network. Here's a look at the schedule. That game in London, and then Jags Bears Week six, Patriots Jags in Week seven, and the Giants and the Panthers in Munich. And we also got the Week seventeen triple header.
Speaker 3: But which game, Cynthia.
Speaker 2: If you look at our NFL Network schedule, are you most excited to see.
Speaker 5: Week six Bears and Jags. It's going to be six weeks in which means we'll.
Speaker 4: See Caleb Williams be good.
Speaker 5: It's not his first start, He'll have had a month in the league already, so this is going to be a fun matchup. Plus, just for fine, it's the first of the Jaguars two in a row across the Pond. I kind of hate when people say that, but I went with it anyways.
Speaker 4: But ultimately I think this is.
Speaker 5: Going to be a really fun one because remember the Bears last season only they had six to one possession losses. Their defense was pretty banged up to start the season. So well, now we'll see full Bear mode activated, Full Bear mode Monsters of the Midway, but only in London.
Speaker 3: It also works, and I like the billboard for the game. Caleb Williams is ready to be good now because it's not.
Speaker 6: Also, the Bear's very popular overseas because they like all the good eighties things.
Speaker 3: Obviously also very popular here in Ustato. Sounidos is Sunday night.
Speaker 4: There we'll go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's look forward to it. So many great games on Sunday Night. As we said, we're winning all day for them. How about the Bills at the Ravens in week four. Get a chance to see the Bengals taking all the Giants. Look about the week seven, and how about the Packers at the Seahawks week fifteen. So many great games on Sunday night football, including one across the street from us, the Eagles Rams Sunday Night Football week twelve. But Greg, what Sunday night football game stands.
Speaker 3: Out to you?
Speaker 6: I had to just keep it real and we're going back to Caleb Williams. It's the Bears, it's the Texans, it's weak two. I just want guys that can spin it in my life. And it as great as Caleb Williams is. I feel like, just because we knew he would go number one overall, it almost hasn't gotten enough hype and attention of just what an unbelievably electric talent he has. I can't think of a rookie quarterback since I've been doing this that I'm more excited to see enter the league, Like Andrew Luck was up there, but I still think Caleb Williams is more dynamic, more exciting than he even.
Speaker 7: Was spit spin it. I was like, and I like, he's so excited. I didn't even mention c J. Stroud also in this game one of the most beautiful.
Speaker 2: And honestly like looking at that video of Matt Uberfluce in slow motion, he's got a little more pep in this stuff.
Speaker 4: Just being adjacent beard also makes him look cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is, you know, like good bearded fellows around these parts.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Cynthia couch Stubble. Hey, how about Monday Night Football? We like beards and Monday Night football. The Jets forty nine ers start us off in week one.
Speaker 2: Get a chance to see Cynthia's Lions play host to the Seahawks in Week four, Saints at the Chiefs week five, and then over at the second half of the Monday Night football schedule, a couple of games jumping out?
Speaker 3: What about Week eleven the Battle.
Speaker 2: Of Texas the Texans again, looking forward to that. But Cynthia, if we're breaking down this whole Monday Night football schedule, we got three pages of it.
Speaker 3: What speaks to you?
Speaker 4: You pointed it out?
Speaker 5: It's Week eleven, Texans at Cowboys. I think the storylines in this one are really going to right themselves.
Speaker 4: I mean c J.
Speaker 5: Stroud coming off that insane offensive Rookie of the Year campaign, is Texas up for grabs?
Speaker 4: I mean, the Texans.
Speaker 5: Did a whole bunch of this offseason. The Cowboys brought back Ezekiel Elliott. That was pretty much all that they've done. But ultimately this could be like that? Is it the passing of the torch from like.
Speaker 7: The fans, this not like each other. They don't play that often, but the fans they don't like it.
Speaker 4: But this is gonna be a good one. I mean the Texans.
Speaker 5: Like that's a and I think maybe like we'll see, like will there be like there's always a lot of scrutiny around Dak Prescott right around that time of the year too, So was like, we want CJ, we want Jack.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love the drama.
Speaker 6: I think I have to ask for waiting until this part of the show to talk about the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Hey, we've waited.
Speaker 2: You know, as as Cyndia mentioned, perhaps being all in means that you were already all in and there was no more chips, So yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Bring it back. Ezekiel. Well, let's go to the Thursday night. Let's look at the Thursday night schedule.
Speaker 2: That's what the people want, that's what they need is these games on T and F. And we got the forty nine Ers at the Seahawks NFC West Battle coming up week six, Week nine, Aaron Rodgers, you know, we think playing host the Houston Texans and then the Packers at the Lions a week fourteen. That game is fun, it's a great so many games to look forward to, but we can only pick Greg in this scenario.
Speaker 3: One game your favorite.
Speaker 6: I'm going Week three Patriots at Jets.
Speaker 7: You'll see a theme.
Speaker 6: I like the young quarterbacks you do and er doing Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 4: I'm, you know, like a young quarterback.
Speaker 6: I'm saying he'll be back from his achilles and they'll be getting better and better. Drake May another dynamic playmaker who has just preposterous physical gifts, like some of the throws he made at UNC were incredible. I think he'll be starting by then. I think he'll be starting by week one because he is that talented. And I see what you did, NFL. You only gave the Patriots one primetime game. You put it early because you thought they were going to be losers.
Speaker 7: But Drake May's got something else for you. He's gonna be like c. J. Stroud last year. He's gonna be boxing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Patriots have been pushed to the back burner, but.
Speaker 5: You know, you know, whenever he gets that voice, oh, I see what you did.
Speaker 7: Like that like Jake Cutler, but with a better attitude.
Speaker 2: Right if we didn't devote multiple weeks to his old quarterback having discussion across the street at the form. Either way, people are gonna be excited about the Bears this season. Of course, the number one overall pick that plenty to be excited about. With the first pick wore NFL Draft, Chicago Bears select Caleb william quarter back of the Caliburnia.
Speaker 3: DA Studio Washington.
Speaker 1: Caleb Williams is absolutely a ludicrous.
Speaker 5: Really nice pick be select j Whi receiver Washington Room.
Speaker 3: Jas what over do ja, dude?
Speaker 2: It's time for over under here on game debut and that is why these lovely foam fingers have made their returns. We're gonna talk about win totals for twenty twenty four, So let's kick it off with Caleb Williams and the Bears. The number for them sitting at nine wins. And this is not a commentary on Caleb.
Speaker 3: But I think it's under.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at the schedule. You need wins over the Packers and the Lions. Uh, they're at San Francisco at Houston. Just under examination of the schedule, to get to that number means some wish casting for me.
Speaker 3: So therefore I'm gonna say under.
Speaker 7: Okay, So nine is a problem to me.
Speaker 6: It's a mistake. Should be at nine and a half or eight and a half. When you put it at nine, you give me a chance to do this it's a push. Oh, it's right at nine. That's perfect nine and eight. And it's not about Caleb because I think that offense is going to be great. It's about expecting the eber Flus defense to be that good. Like just because they finished last season on a hot streak, they're not going to be that good.
Speaker 7: They're a little thin up front.
Speaker 5: What did you say was the one of the hardest division in the NFNFC North. Yeah, it's not a commentary on Caleb. But by the way, just they know you heard it here. The commissioner had back surgery. Like prior to that, all the hugs on the stage, so every time I saw Huggis cringe from it because back surgery is real.
Speaker 2: Though, the Jets hope Aaron Rodgers plays more than one series in twenty twenty four under sitting at nine and a half, and I think it's under road games against the Niners, Steelers, Dolphins, Bills tags.
Speaker 3: I'm going under trick, I'm gonna go over.
Speaker 6: I like their team build this year. I think the offensive line makes sense. I think there's depth that wide receiver. It's a good looking Jets roster.
Speaker 4: I'm actually we match here.
Speaker 5: I also think that for your fantasy purposes, like Freese Hall, you're gonna want to draft him very high this year. I think they're going to use him a ton. I ultimately think that this is really a function of more health this season. I think they got sort of digged for health last year.
Speaker 4: Now they'll be healthier this year.
Speaker 5: That's kind of how like what love of averages maybe works out.
Speaker 4: So as long as I stay healthy, they're good.
Speaker 3: All right. Let's go to the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: They have nine games against twenty twenty three playoff teams. They're total sitting at ten and a half, and if those games were in the playoffs, I would probably say something different. But because these are regular season games, I'm going to take the Dallas Cowboys just based on the division. I think they get four wins right there, starting off against the Giants at the Commanders.
Speaker 3: I've got the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I disagree because the Cowboys are a lot like me after back to back picks titles champions on Game Devue, I'm high on my own supply. I don't have my eye on the ball, and I don't handle success well under for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I own your own supply.
Speaker 5: I also agree with the assessment in large part because I'm still concerned about their all line. What is going on with this on line? And now you have even bigger questions in the run game, and your old line is.
Speaker 4: A big question mark. It's just that's gonna be an under for me.
Speaker 3: Get pump football fans.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty four NFL schedule powered by AWS has been released.
Speaker 3: In single game tickets.
Speaker 2: Are on sale now catch the biggest matchup, rivalries and more. Visit NFL dot com slash tickets to purchase tickets today. Tickets available through ticket Masters, Seat Geek, and Sports Illustrated Tickets members of the NFL Ticket Network. So, now that the schedule has been released and analyze, let's get into some division winner predictions. Will start out in the NFC West. Greg, the forty nine ers projected.
Speaker 3: Do you project them? I do?
Speaker 7: This was difficult for me, but I consider the RAMS, I consider the CX.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's a runaway, but I love that the forty nine ers wound up keeping Debo, Samuel and Brandon Ayuk, and it has the feel of like a one last time together before we have to pay some other contracts. Maybe than Debo's not, but they're just so consistent on offense that any decline that they have in defense, I have some questions about the secondary.
Speaker 7: I think won't be that big of a deal.
Speaker 2: They win the division, all right, Let's go to where the Chiefs have won the division of billion times in a row.
Speaker 3: Does anything change.
Speaker 4: A billion and one? No, it does not change.
Speaker 3: In this one.
Speaker 5: We've talked a lot about the Chiefs, and for a good reason. In large part there's this guy's name is Patrick Mahomes. As long as he's there, they're always going to be a contention. That defense last year was the heart and soul of the team and that actually made it even easier for Patrick Mahomes to succeed.
Speaker 4: So play it forward, ad Xavierworthy.
Speaker 2: All right, so things stay the same. Let's go over to the NFC South. The Bucks have won the division last year. The Falcons are the favorites, and I actually agree with that, considering how close the Atlanta Falcons were to being in the playoffs last year. In Income's kir Cousins. They also get Michael Pennix Junior. They didn't necessarily have a quarterback that they trusted. Now they might have two. I think that gives the Falcons the advantage, and that's why I've got them picked.
Speaker 3: Let's go to C. J. Stroud and the Texans. They went from worse to first. They won on the AFC South. Will they run it back?
Speaker 6: Brick, I say no, just because I kind of like that plus three twenty there with with the Colts, I think this is a three way race that's about equal. So I'm taking the team that's predicted to go in third. I really like their line play. If you're just adding up the offensive line Lexi and the defensive line. In my heart of the Colts, they might have one of the best O line D line combinations in the entire to.
Speaker 3: The line talk.
Speaker 2: The line talk always works out. Let's go from line talk to lion talk. We go to NFC North where Cynthia's Lions won the division last year. Running it back, Cynthia, let's say it in May four.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Lions are running it back.
Speaker 5: Why because of their line. They pay their oh line. They figured it out. I know they lost the guard he's out here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a problem. But they drafted really well.
Speaker 5: And this is another year of continuity between the majority of the pieces on this offense.
Speaker 4: So run it back, Lions. I'm really excited for this. I'm really happy about it.
Speaker 7: Again, favor I like that.
Speaker 5: Now this is a nice it's a nice moderate favoritism, moderate favorite, which is what people of homerism.
Speaker 2: It should be clarified as moderate favoritism. And I say that because we're gonna talk about the AFCs. I am going to pick the Baltimore Ravens to win the AFC nor And the reason not just the fact that they returned with the reigning MVP, but the fact that if your concerns are about them not running the ball with Derrick Henry is there, you can get rid of that concern.
Speaker 3: This is it. You got the head coach of the GM who.
Speaker 2: They're signing and running back because this signing is a little bit different. Yes, the years have piled up, but the guy has continued to pile on the yardage and he's just difficult to forget.
Speaker 3: When he's in the backfield with the MVP. I do think that means something.
Speaker 7: Let's go to the.
Speaker 2: NFC East, the Cowboys taking home the crown last season, Cynthia, did they run it back? You didn't think they were going to get to ten and a half wins.
Speaker 5: Fly Eagles Fly the road, Fly Eagles Fly. I think it's back to being the Eagles to lose. Not only do they improve both offensive and defensive coordinators, but.
Speaker 4: Look at their stinking draft.
Speaker 5: How on earth did the other thirty one teams allow them to get two of the three best corners in the league.
Speaker 4: Somebody tell me how that even happened. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: People don't like defensive players.
Speaker 7: Always done it again.
Speaker 5: Okay, but let's be honest. It's also Jalen Hurts he's going back. It's kind of a big deal, the whole thing Eagles.
Speaker 3: Let's go all right.
Speaker 2: Speaking of good quarterbacks, the Bills currently favorites to win the AFC East because they have a giant, mechanized throwing machine a quarterback who can also run the ball.
Speaker 3: But do you agree with that?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 6: I look at them four straight years, not the Patriots. The AFC is going for you, No plus twenty eight?
Speaker 3: We hear you, Greg, doubting the Patriots.
Speaker 6: Okay, so people are misunderstanding what happened in Buffalo this offseason.
Speaker 7: Everyone's talking about what they lost, How about what they kept? This guy Josh Allen, how about the continuity on.
Speaker 6: The rest of the roster though John Dawkins baby nineteen of twenty two players that I project to start this year for them, we're on the roster and actually haven't changed that much. Stefan Diggs, they will miss him, but I think it's a committee approach. A really good offensive line. We know Sean McDermott can get it done defensively. I think they should be bigger favorites than that over the Dolphins and the Jets.
Speaker 3: All right, so we feel it's a deal. Yeah, it's a deal.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 3: You got the numbers. Greg Rostal's giving you surper.
Speaker 2: As you said, consecutive picks championships for this man coming up. It might be made, but it's number two early for some Super Bowl predictions, especially because.
Speaker 3: Well I know mine is gonna be right. Are the Chiefs gun in three p Do any of us again not pick the Chiefs? We'll find out coming up.
Speaker 2: Next on Game Davit Schedule release presented bib Rice because it's time for SEZ the season presented by Caesar's Sportsbook.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowl Odds.
Speaker 2: According to the folks at Caesars Sportsbook, they have a rematch who.
Speaker 3: Both plus five to seventy five? Are the Niners and the Chiefs and.
Speaker 7: The Lions in that first column, and yeah.
Speaker 2: The Lions sharing their odds with the Bengals and the Texans. And then you have to add some numbers to get to the Bills, Eagles, Cowboys, and the Packers. But ultimately, because we're all looking forward to Super Bowl fifty nine, played next February in New Orleans, so let's make some early super Bowl predictions.
Speaker 3: Cynthia, who's gonna win the sum I thought.
Speaker 5: You were talking to yourself and you're like, well, we're not done, Patrick, And.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, okay, let's talking to the Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 5: If there's one thing I can tell you is that coding in may is not really sound math.
Speaker 4: So why not go with my heart?
Speaker 5: And my heart says the lines are within striking distance, which means for the purposes of this show.
Speaker 3: There it is.
Speaker 7: Jered go, Jered go.
Speaker 3: Can't get tired of that?
Speaker 4: Sorry, never get tired.
Speaker 6: Never get At some point, though, is it, like, I don't know, is it almost like condescending that he's the only quarterback that gets his own It's almost like patium on condescending.
Speaker 4: You know he was treated a little before something anymore.
Speaker 2: Though we do have some some other number one overall picks who have this no body believed in me story, but Jared should be able to tout that.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Greg, I am also going for value, and I'm also going for a pick you can't hold me to. It's it's may. So let's go a big ish Buffalo Bills. I want to pick a team that's there year after year in the final eight, a coaching staff that I trust, who added the bissing piece, what wide receiver made more big catches in the big moments When Patrick Mahomes needed a play in the playoffs the last couple of years, who do you look to?
Speaker 7: Marquez Valdus Scanting.
Speaker 6: So what Marquez Valdus Scanty MVS is gonna do is give you about three hundred and seventy five yards in the regular season, and then when you get to the playoffs, Josh Allen's going to look for someone He'll just go I guess I'll just throw it up to MVS and they'll win some big time ball games. They'll get off the schneid, and I think they have a great defense. They win Super Bowl, that's.
Speaker 4: An incredible super Bowl. We'll stop their shows over a good job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it will be fun.
Speaker 2: I am picking surprise, surprise the Baltimore Ravens because ultimately for them not to be in the Super Bowl, it took a sequence of circumstances. And I know people are gonna think, well, the Ravens could have run the ball more. The Ravens had three drives late in this game. They got one hundred and sixty plus.
Speaker 3: Yards and three points out of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, this punch out by Lugerius Snead, ultimately, I think is the play that kept the rape. That's what it took to keep the Ravens out of the Super Bowl last year. Fractions of an inch. The ball's not round, Cynthia, what do you see?
Speaker 5: I think that's the exact moment the Titans were like, we're gonna pay him a bunch of money to come here.
Speaker 4: We've isolated it.
Speaker 2: Because the value is not just getting him on your team. He's not playing for the Kansaity Chiefs and ruining my life. Download the Caesar sportsbook Gap using code TV one thousand.
Speaker 3: Place your first bet.
Speaker 2: If you lose, you get it back up to one thousand dollars as a bonus bet.
Speaker 3: You must be twenty one plus and.
Speaker 2: It it's time for you to get ready to write this down because we are gonna talk about some can't miss games for the upcoming season, and which matchup do you.
Speaker 3: Have your eyes on the most? Greg? Where is your eye lingering?
Speaker 6: I can feel the manic energy from the harbor coming at me already. It's gonna be great. John Harbaugh, Jim Harbaugh across the street at SOFI, Ravens and Chargers. I was at the weird press conference they did before the Super Bowl in New Orleans. Do you remember that when, like Jim Harbaugh just was not having it and the coaches are great, the quotes will be great. But it also has Lamar Jackson and Justin Herbert, two of my favorite quarterbacks to watch.
Speaker 5: Right I'm circling week two talking about weird press conferences. It's Russell Wilson's return to Denver, and it's early enough for the season where there's a good chance Justin fields won't be playing yet, which is a very important fact because I love Petty and I love a.
Speaker 4: Good Petty moment.
Speaker 5: Week two, you get the Sealers at the Broncos. It's gonna be a fun one to just wish Sean Payton were somehow playing, because then it would be even more fueled because.
Speaker 7: Bonnick's Sean Payton Saints this year is any team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna have a tribute video. There's so many opportunities to go Petty, y'all know. I love Petty.
Speaker 2: I love revenge, but also love family and celebrations of family.
Speaker 3: And football is family.
Speaker 2: It's not just to think because on Thanksgiving the Dolphins will be at the Packers and it's the closing game of a great day where everybody gets to spend time with the people that.
Speaker 3: They love and then watch Jordan Love take on to it. Tell of Iloa. We can have score fest. We could have points.
Speaker 2: It's just gonna be a great opportunity, a great opportunity to celebrate you guys as well.
Speaker 7: My favorite football daily year. This is family right here.
Speaker 3: I know, thanks for watching, see you coming up in Week one. Have a good season, everybody.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts