Speaker 1: I am all in again. Oh you Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: What an exciting day? Is very exciting because we just watched in show and our dearest Lurlai Lauren Graham is on screen.
Speaker 3: I have a gay a little game because so we just watched Buzy Sweet with Lauren Graham starring Lauren Graham on Toby, which we I actually didn't find to be because I got a screener of the show. Did you ever? Has anyone ever found to be?
Speaker 2: I also got screener of the show, So unfortunately I have not ventured into creating a too be account and navigating that platform.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna need to do that, because we're going to need to do that.
Speaker 3: I found it, Oh good, Jackie found to be? So what do you have to do to get to be?
Speaker 5: You just have to like I have Roku TV, so he's just like, you know, when you want to add channels. I just searched it and then did tub. I found it a while ago because I wanted to watch another CW show called Heart of Dixie.
Speaker 4: Oh I loved Heart of Dixie.
Speaker 5: I totally loved Heart rad of like wanting to watch that, and I just searched at my Rokuo and it said it was on toob so I went to tub.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it. I loved Heart of Dixie.
Speaker 3: Heart of Dixie was like a Rachel Bilson show that was so cute.
Speaker 4: I really liked that show.
Speaker 5: I was watching the OC Christma cut episode and then I was like, oh, let me watch more Rachel and so I.
Speaker 4: Did totally, you should watch you should watch.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what I always do this, I always blur Light and Mester and Rachel Bilson. There's a Leyton Mester show that I think was called Single Parents that was quite enjoyable.
Speaker 5: Also, yes, yes, so I've known to be I've had to uploaded on my Roku. But you just search in your settings and or search in your like search bar on Roku.
Speaker 4: And it is free. It is free.
Speaker 5: I haven't even signed up for anything. It said sign in and sign up to save your spot when I was watching the z Suite, but I was like, nah, that's okay, I don't need to do that.
Speaker 2: You can watch it without sign in, all right.
Speaker 3: So here's my game, Danielle, So right out the gate, I want us to give the Z suite a grade like ABCDF right like It's school. But I think that people listening need like a frame of reference on what we consider an A.
Speaker 4: Like obviously I consider Gilmore Girls an A.
Speaker 3: What are some other shows that we like give an A two and other shows that we might.
Speaker 4: Give like a D two?
Speaker 3: This is Us is an A and I think like West Wings and A Walking deads in A. But I would give like Modern Family and A Friends A like if we're going sitcom genre.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm trying to think of what C D.
Speaker 4: Trying to think of like a D. What's a D?
Speaker 3: Because the problem with the A D is if I watch one episode, I'll quit it.
Speaker 4: If it's a D, like I'm not going to continue. Yeah, what is the show that just was bad?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say something that's gonna completely outrage people, but I do. I'm not even gonna say because I don't even think it's a good measuring stick. I personally feel that Shit's Creek was a D. I could not I could not get past episode three. I quit it. I quit it so hard.
Speaker 4: Disagree, disagree.
Speaker 3: I think you need to do it again, though, because I think that it gets better.
Speaker 2: Well, Jackie agrees with me.
Speaker 4: She didn't like.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I really enjoyed sits creak once I got like, you have.
Speaker 4: To get into it.
Speaker 3: You kind of have to, like I know people, Actually my mind, there's something shit's creaky about the Z List or whatever it's called, the Z Suite that I'll that I'll talk about.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So on three, we're gonna go one two three and give the Z Suite a grade, okay, and we'll see if we agree. Okay, So Jackie, can you give us a one two three?
Speaker 5: Sure? Ready?
Speaker 4: And you can do pluses and minuses. I can do a minus whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: One two three.
Speaker 2: B plus C?
Speaker 4: What did you give it? B plus? I liked it?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: Oh, oh my god, you gave it a B plus? Wow? I liked it. You didn't like it? Okay, So here's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: I gave it us C.
Speaker 3: Parts of it are really good, and frankly, Lauren is really good. My problem with it is that I feel that it was written by someone who is not gen Z. It seemed kind of pandering or like making gen Z a caricature.
Speaker 4: Like I agree with.
Speaker 3: A lot of like what Lauren Graham's saying that, like, see, gen Z doesn't want to work in the office, and they don't work hard, and they like, you know, like the girl wearing the blanket.
Speaker 4: Like there is some of that.
Speaker 3: It just felt like a little over the top for me of the gen Z stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh you see. And that's what I found to be really hilarious. Like, I found it to be funny, and I do think it's gonna get toned down, but I think it was good to set up the extremes between Lauren Graham's character and the gen Z. But I found it to be I was I was laughing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is so that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: I didn't even get one giggle that being said, I didn't hate it.
Speaker 4: I wasn't like this is awful. I just felt like, oh.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we totally disagree. I was like, I want to watch episode two. This is this is kind of funny.
Speaker 4: So what did you like the best? What did you like the best? I?
Speaker 2: Well, one, I love seeing Lauren back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I loved her fashion. Her fashion was great.
Speaker 2: Her fashion was great, she looked great. I thought she was great. I really like the Oh my god, I really should have paid attention to names and.
Speaker 4: I don't know anyone's name, so just describe the character.
Speaker 2: Girl that's the new CEO.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah she was. I liked her because she was a bit more understated. Like I it's hard for me on these shows when the characters are just too over the top, right, It's like you can really only have like one Kirk and there's like four in this So I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, the guy that like walked into the glass, he was he was a little bit too much for me, although.
Speaker 4: That guy kind of liked that guy, Like, I don't know what I like.
Speaker 2: The Blanket girl I thought she was she just fucked she killed me. I thought she was funny.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess like these things I like.
Speaker 2: And I love the the gen Z girl that just totally crushed it and annihilated like Lauren Graham's character essentially, Like I liked her so much. I'm like, she's cool. I'm excited to see they casted her very well because she is so with it and so put together and also obviously gen Z she's just great. I love I love that character. Who's the Jackie? Can you tell us who who the actresses that plays her?
Speaker 4: They're like second main girl.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean I enjoyed it. Lauren Graham's sidekick her Michelle, and this was a little yeah whatever, but he provided me with some laughs, so I was I went with it.
Speaker 3: Just was a little I guess, I don't know what the word is, over the top campy, there was something about it, okay.
Speaker 4: So here's what I would say about Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 2: Aison moaned, by the way, oh, we were supposed to docketa la Oh.
Speaker 4: Wait did we book her on? Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, well book her.
Speaker 3: I know they've been pitching us the whole cat So here's what I'll say about Gilmore Girls. For me, Gilmore Girls, the whole thing feels real, right, Everything about it feels real, except for like some of Kirk's antics right where I'm like, okay, but it's only Kirk.
Speaker 4: Like even Babett feels real, even Patty feels real.
Speaker 3: Like even though they're kind of over the top, the show feels real for me, This show, and I get it.
Speaker 4: It's a comedy versus like a dramaedy.
Speaker 3: This show just feels fake, right, like nobody's getting fired like that.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, like a twenty four year old it's not becoming the CEO.
Speaker 3: Nobody brings their twelve year old to a meeting and an advertise like whatever, fourteen year old.
Speaker 4: So for me, it was a little bit like I really had to.
Speaker 3: Go, Okay, this is a comedy and it's not real, and that I think was hard for me.
Speaker 4: That was hard for me.
Speaker 2: I find that fun because I did. I do agree with you. It was definitely exaggerated, but there was a lot of instances I literally was like, yep, that's happened in my life, like yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: It was exaggerated reality, like exaggerated reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, I can't believe you gave it a seat. I genuinely I'm gonna watch episode two like I was. I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Watch episode two because maybe we're going to talk about it.
Speaker 4: But I'm not sure. If it wasn't Lauren Graham, I'm not sure I would have watched.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I wouldn't have either. It takes a lot for me to go to a new streaming platform in general, so I probably wouldn't have either.
Speaker 4: It's not so weird, do you say that? Okay, it's so weird? Do you say that?
Speaker 3: Because I can't remember if I've told you this before. For some reason, Amazon Prime is like it's my go to right, so I'm telling you I.
Speaker 4: Will spend.
Speaker 3: Three dollars whatever it is to watch a show that I could have for free on Hulu.
Speaker 4: It's so weird. I don't know why. I'm so like Intoto Amazon Crime.
Speaker 2: That's kind of random, I know.
Speaker 4: And it's such a waste of money.
Speaker 3: I don't know, and I can't get myself out of it.
Speaker 4: It's like it's really bad, but I get it. It's hard to switch to a new platform.
Speaker 2: I have too many and I like it's like it's like when you're on your computer and you have six thousand tabs open like I, only I can't. My brain cannot process more than three tabs like I need.
Speaker 5: I need it to.
Speaker 4: Because no, I get it.
Speaker 3: It's why I can't really get into Snapchacks. It's like I got too much. I've already got too much. I loved her fashion. I love the red dress when she accepts the award. I love the white suit. I really think they dressed her so well, like so so well. By the way, I also need to comment like her fashion on Fallon.
Speaker 4: That's sequindy, sparkly suit. She was wearing.
Speaker 2: I'm like like, oh my gosh, oh oh, the fashion was great. Like I even loved like some of the gen Z stuff. I was like the red sweater that that girl was wearing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even the like slanket or whatever is it called a slanket.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what a slanket is.
Speaker 4: You never heard of a slanket. It was kind of like it was kind of like a Onesie slanket.
Speaker 3: What is it called when you wrap a baby up in something you bottle?
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a swaddle.
Speaker 3: Anyway, There's some definite things about it that.
Speaker 4: Are good, but it's no gilmore girls, Like come.
Speaker 2: On, no, I don't even get a gilmour vibe from it at all.
Speaker 3: No, it's nothing gilmoury other than Lauren Graham is Forever Laura Lie. Like it's a very ABC Family type show, like I feel like they had kind of like it has hints of the Bold type. It's a little bit campier, like over the top than the Bold type, but like kind of reminded me of that. It reminds me of like a little bit of younger. It sort of has that to it a little bit. Yeah, I agree with you, I'd call it a D version of the bold type and younger like those shows were probably bes and this is a C for me, but like if in that genre those are, this is kind of like not quite as good version. That being said, it could really improve, Like I really want people to tell us what they thought of it, because maybe my like radar is just off.
Speaker 4: But I thought it was okay.
Speaker 2: Oh you see, and everyone's just gonna have to chime in because I am I'm here for it. I'm here for it. I liked it.
Speaker 4: Well, what did Jackie think, Amy, I'm leaning towards you.
Speaker 5: I thought, yeah, it was like I like mourn. I think that gives me like maybe a C plus. I thought the gen Z stuff, like you point out, it was like a little bit like too much, like oh on our phone and oh this is not and I don't know, it just felt like a little played.
Speaker 3: Up, a little too like Look, I'll be the first to say gen Z and millennials are definitely like I've got my issues with them.
Speaker 4: But it was too much.
Speaker 3: It was too much, although a toned down version like look, we know gen Z loves to work from home. They kind of like would come to the office in a blanket, like you know, they also feel like they should be CEO after.
Speaker 4: Working for two weeks.
Speaker 3: So there was some like things that I'm like, oh yeah, that's actually kind of true, and her reaction to them also true. Like if your boss tells you don't talk in a meeting, and you're like, the.
Speaker 4: New person, don't talk in a meeting.
Speaker 3: Like it was like, there was some things that I'm like, okay, accurate that being said, I just don't think the trophy was that heavy and I don't think they'd be fired like that, But I get it. We're setting up the premise because I believe she starts her own ad agency.
Speaker 2: I see, and then they compete, I'm assuming at.
Speaker 4: So then they're gonna compete.
Speaker 3: She's gonna start her own deal with her like you know the guy that's like her, you know, partner and crime.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So basically, for everyone that's that is listening and hasn't seen it yet, we're not giving away any spoilers, but essentially the first episode is Lauren Graham. She's the CEO of this amazing advertising marketing company I guess, and one of her clients comes in and says, I want to do this campaign, but it needs to be young. It needs to be gen Z needs to feel young. You need to like, yeah, you need to utilize the young people on your team. And she has this social media team that her gen Z social media team that she asks for their ideas and they deliver an amazing idea and she has to pitch it in this meeting and the pitch goes well up until the guy's like, so, how are we going to like collatorize this on social media? And she was like, oh, you know, just platforms and the TikTok and blah blah blah. And then she's like, but how And then one of the gen Z girls who which she prefaced but before they walked into the meeting, don't say anything. This is my pitch meeting. You're only in here so that he knows that I that we have young people working on this campaign. And she just jumps in and she nails it.
Speaker 4: I felt like, though, did she nail it? Like? That's my thing is?
Speaker 3: Like it wasn't like I wanted it to be a little bit more groundbreaking, like give me an actual good idea, not just a cowboy hat filter.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Like that was the other thing, Like I needed her to nail it a little bit more for me to believe that this guy's going to actually fire a woman who's won every award under the sun in advertising.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not why she got fired. She got fired for her campaign.
Speaker 3: Right, correct, she got fired for this like bad campaign, but she also was right like they all signed off on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know we've seen that happen where everyone signs off on it and then just one person.
Speaker 3: Has somebody get laying down under the bus, right right, right, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I'm gonna give it another go.
Speaker 3: But look, I like a pilot that grabs me Gilmore Girls, great Pilot, Walking Dead, phenomenal, West Wing, incredible, even modern Family. I'm trying to think of some other like sitcommy things. This left a little for me to be desired. Now, maybe it's gonna come around.
Speaker 2: But all right, well I'm on the I'm on a different boat than you are, and I would be happy to be the one that watches it each week and gives a little a little update if it's still crushing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the question is do we go back to bunheads?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Do we do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I think I think we go back to Bunheads. Yeah, yeah, I think we go back to Bunheads. We we look, we got what is it now, nine or seven episodes left.
Speaker 3: I just can't wait to get to Mazel. You're gonna love Mazel. Masel's like amazing. Also, can we talk about Fallen having Lauren you guys, if you haven't seen it, Lauren going into the dressing room and say, oh, with the poodles already, So you know how Fallen like has his you know, guests do like kind of social media viral stuff.
Speaker 4: So they have Lauren in her like perfect suit.
Speaker 3: Like I said, go into the dressing room and there's two big per poodles in there, and she goes oi with the poodles already.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, yes, yes, yes, pretty good.
Speaker 4: Pretty is great. She looks great.
Speaker 3: She'll ever escape Gilmore Girls. Like literally every interview she is doing favoring up Gilmore Girls. She's fine with it. She really seems happy about it. I'm really happy about it. But like it is funny that she just will forever. I mean, they never mentioned parenthood, they never mentioned some of these other big things she's done.
Speaker 4: It's just Gilmogirls, gilmog Girls, Gilmergirls.
Speaker 2: I wonder, like, look, obviously she freaking crushed gilmar Girl, but I wonder which of her projects she is personally the most proud of.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, Parenthood is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Parenthood was such a good show that if I were her, I'd be like, I crushed it on Parenthood. She's so good because she's it's really way more dramatic, but she's so like in her skin in it, like she's it's just the opposite of this a little bit, Like I just completely buy that she's the character and it's very different from Laura la And I was like, yeah, I completely think she's also that character.
Speaker 2: I think, and maybe that's the thing for this one. While you're having such a like a negative reaction towards it, is because it's you. We're watching this, and it's just so not Lauren Graham.
Speaker 4: She's actually acting campy. It's very campy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's actually she's actually acting.
Speaker 3: It's kind of why I don't love sitcoms for the most part, because they often like they go for the sort of obvious joke and I'm always like, like, like you said, the guy walking into the glass.
Speaker 4: She was funnier. Didn't she walk into the glass? Or no? No, did only he walk into the glass?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm blurring.
Speaker 3: This is really random. Kate Hudson's new show, which I actually really like. I got in advance, and there's the same joke. She walks into the glass, same same joke now on her show.
Speaker 4: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: I would have to say between the two shows, I'm gonna go with Kate Hudson's show. It's I actually really enjoyed it. I don't know, you'll have to watch that too, but it's really good. It's called Running Point, I think, and it's coming pretty soon, like in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm actually shocked. I thought you were going to give it a lower score than me. I thought I was even generous.
Speaker 2: And I thought you are going to be on the same page as me. That is so funny.
Speaker 4: Because I considered a D.
Speaker 2: So let's do Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I could be wrong, Like if everybody disagrees with me, I'm gonna give it another I'm gonna give it another feeling.
Speaker 2: Okay, So next week when we record Emma, you need to uh, or everyone, Emma and Jackie, you need to watch episode one and two, So watch both and I'll still watch two.
Speaker 4: They crank pretty quick. I mean they're like twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: And we come back and we give it our final review.
Speaker 4: WHOA wow, Okay, got it. I'll watch episode two.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna tell everyone listening is it worth it to keep going? Or are we turning it off?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 2: I keep I'm hitting episode two.
Speaker 3: I didn't care for the burger guy, but the head of the burger company.
Speaker 4: I don't know why. The head of the ad agency, I was a little bit more okay with it. What did you think of Matt?
Speaker 2: Goofy Matt, Oh, he was annoying. He felt like Kirk, But I've always thought Kirk was kind of annoying too.
Speaker 3: My problem with Matt is like how she he wore that crazy outfit in one of the ad meetings.
Speaker 4: I'm just like, no one's doing that. No one's doing that. I'm giving it.
Speaker 3: I was gonna maybe raise it to a C plus, but I'm holding on my sea right now. I'm so curious what like actual television critics gave it.
Speaker 4: We'll have to look.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have to look.
Speaker 3: Well, we consider ourselves actual television critics. We are we should start a show.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let people wait in on this idea where we start a show where we just watch like the first episode of new shows and we just we review them. We become we're television critics. Maybe we could get into the Television Critics Association.
Speaker 4: Why not. We can be television critics.
Speaker 3: You don't have to be like, you don't have to go to college for that, Like you just have to watch a lot of television.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna create that show, Danielle.
Speaker 3: Listen, stay tuned, guys, because soon there's gonna be called the show called Amy and Danielle review television show.
Speaker 2: Amy and Danielle talk.
Speaker 4: Amy and Danielle want to become television critics. So we just are gonna be that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I'm excited to give it another try. I really want to hear from everyone listening. Do me a solid and and just like on Instagram, just write like A B, C, D F oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. Give us your reading.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just give it your grade A. You can do a minus pluses that's fine, and just give us your grade and see see where we're at.
Speaker 2: I like this. I like it a lot. I do want to watch the next episode of Bunheads because it was finally good.
Speaker 3: So yeah, how do we do we say Bunheads out?
Speaker 2: Yeah we kind of have to say it, I guess here, because yeah, Bunheads out Saturday or z Sweet out? Why not Bunheads out? It's still the butnhead Amy is rejecting Z Sweet So no, I'm still.
Speaker 3: Just this is the Bunhead show that just interrupted this program for a C suite.
Speaker 4: So Bunheads out.
Speaker 2: All right, Bunheads out. See you next week.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.