Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. I'm strong and Getty enough.
Speaker 1: He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Dramatic new video shows Good samaritans confronting an alleged knife wielding suspect outside of Michigan Walmart, just moments after police say he went on a stabbing spree, targeting people at random. Police identifying the suspect as forty two year old Bradford James Gilly, saying he entered the store in Traverse City just before five pm on Saturday and began attacking people, starting near the checkout area with his folding knife that has a three.
Speaker 2: And a half inch blade. Gilly now facing terrorism charges. I have that very knife. He's a job.
Speaker 4: Bobby stabbed a bunch of people. But for people who lean right and pro Second Amendment, it bothered many of us that the stories didn't include that a good guy with a gun was yelling drop the knife, throw it away, drop the knife, throw it away. Just he wasn't just like randomly apprehended by people yelling at him to put away his knife. See, he had stabbed eleven people and was trying to stab more. You wouldn't have been able to yell at him to get him to throw away. Then he threw away the knife because a dude, a good dude, a former marine who happened to have a gun, was pointing at it and telling him drop the knife.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna shoot you.
Speaker 5: I was shocked that ABC News actually did talk about that and even had a quote from the sheriff saying, those folks did everything absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I can't praise them in them.
Speaker 4: Really, I didn't see any reports that included that a guy had a gun and did the right thing with it, not one.
Speaker 5: Like I say. My mouth was a gape. I couldn't believe it. That's a good thing, among other good things that are happening.
Speaker 4: It's Joe Getty's the glasses half full.
Speaker 2: Halfway through that sentence, I decided it needed a name, The glasses half full.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: One of glasses half full?
Speaker 4: Story is I just saw one hundred and seventy million people in the country are under a heat watch. That's half the population. How about the other half? Where I live, it's extraordinarily cool. It's like the coolest it's been in thirty years. That's the glasses half full.
Speaker 5: We're loving climate change over here now, Michael, you are quick on the draw with the theme song there, even though I decided on it mid sentence. Do you have the life threatening heat dome song?
Speaker 2: I forgot to handle. I'm still searching for that. We're searching for how much wide program, Mike.
Speaker 4: We went to all the work to get a life threatening heat dome jingle and we don't have it.
Speaker 5: The heat dome will be over before we ever get to use it. We had Elton John and Tim Rice write it. We had the uh Disney orchestra that does all their movies record it for us. It costs four hundred thousand dollars. No, all right, you'll find it anyway. So it struck me in preparing the program today that there are a lot of things that made me happy, which is extraordinarily rare, as most of it's misery and frustration.
Speaker 2: But I've mentioned this a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Ohio has just joined the rising flat tax revolution since the middle of twenty one, and I did not know this, I think because the media is loath to admit it.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're using a term that I'm not sure everybody knows what it is and are excited about it. What is a flat tax? Yeah, it actually comes out in the next sense or two.
Speaker 5: But so they're the sixth state to revise their tax go to adopt a flat tax. That because in Ohio became the fifteenth state total to abandon graduated or progressive income taxes in favor of the flat rate model. Meaning, for instance, in Ohio, a two point seventy five percent of your income as income tax doesn't matter if you make a little money or a ton of money, because, if you know anything about percentages, the more you make, the more you pay. It's just the same percentage as everybody else. Now why does this matter, Well, it matters for a number of reasons. A flat tax levies the same income tax rate on every household in business, regardless of income. Progressive income tax structures, by contrast, tax different income levels at different rates, getting higher and higher as your earnings get higher and higher.
Speaker 2: The graduated progressive.
Speaker 5: Model, which is popular among liberals and progressives, creates disincentives to earn more, since every dollar gets taxed at a higher rate at certain thresholds, and it gets worse. Progressive income tax systems like the federal one encourage taxpayers, lobbyists, accounting firms, policymakers to push for loopholes, carve outs exceptions to offset the progressively higher tax rates. And of course those loopholes favor the these masses and the powerless.
Speaker 2: No, of course not.
Speaker 5: They favor the well connected, and they deem some government favorite businesses more equal than others to quote orwell, creating economic winners and losers.
Speaker 2: Across the tax code. It's just who lobbies the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the ultra rich are the ones that can take advantage of that. Other people can't. You're just stuck right right.
Speaker 5: And because flat tax systems do not impose marginal tax increases, they encourage economic activity, investment, higher earnings. The growth generates more wealth and more savings. Fixed flat tax rates are simple and predictable, so you know without an accountant or a tax attorney what you're going to be paying.
Speaker 2: You can fight.
Speaker 5: It's the for verbial figuring out your taxes on a postcard. I'm surprised fifteen states have adopted this.
Speaker 4: That you that the other side couldn't demogogue it because it's so easy to demagogue.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, I mean it has been, but it's easy to counter demagogue too.
Speaker 4: Hey, if I make ten times as much, I will pay ten times as much.
Speaker 2: I've got all sorts.
Speaker 4: Of statistics I was going to bring about with the new tax laws and stuff, the disproportionate amount of income the top, say twenty percent has or ten percent or one percent, but they pay even more proportionally in income tax and so number one. Of course, they benefit more from taxers reform. But to the idea that the rich aren't paying their fair share is just absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 2: I think it's pretty easy to counter demagogue.
Speaker 5: Finally, flat taxes are harder for state legislatures to raise without voter approval because voting taxpayers know exactly what percentage of their earnings will be siphoned off to the public offers, and legislators want to raise that percentage will need to justify and explain it to all taxpayers. I've advocated for the flat tax or the fair tax, which is just a small variation on it for years and years and years, and will continue to do so anyway. More good stuff. Read a great analysis of the Trump administration's deal with Columbia University, trying to clean up the university system and it's really good and a really good framework. They essentially said, you're paying fines for violating the law all these years, coming to a settlement, and we're going to keep an eye on you. So you got to follow the law about racial discrimination and the rest of it going forward. Even as Harvard's former president Larry Summers, who was willing to concede, this was the best possible.
Speaker 2: Deal Columbia could have hoped to score.
Speaker 4: It's academic autonomy is preserved, the funny string funding streams restored, and.
Speaker 2: All it had to do is stop breaking the law. So you go, Donald J. You go with the university full.
Speaker 5: I think some of the negotiations, as Trump's, are unnecessarily abusive, but as long as we get to the good stuff. And speaking of the good stuff, this also got practically zero reporting.
Speaker 2: Happened at the end of last week. Donald J.
Speaker 5: Trump signed an executive order to empower state and local governments to remove bums and junkies from the nation's streets. The order ending crime and Disorder on America's streets because it has.
Speaker 2: To then disorder is a good word. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It directs the Attorney General to quote reverse judicial precedents and end consent decrees that have hindered local government's ability to commit individuals on the streets who are risked themselves and others per White House fact sheet.
Speaker 5: According to document, the order issues a number of other directives, including redirecting funding to make sure vagrants causing public disorder or who are seriously mentally ill are moved into treatment facilities.
Speaker 2: Gow.
Speaker 4: There was a guy yesterday. We were waiting to get into this diner to get pancakes. Who is this guy out on the street? Clearly a danger to himself for others. Everybody was just hoping they didn't catch his eye, and he came our direction. What kind of way is that to live? I was telling my kids, this stuff makes me so angry. It's tell my kids my entire life on earth, I never saw one human being like that, not one until like fifteen years ago. Now I see them every day all day.
Speaker 2: How is that possible?
Speaker 5: So it might have caught your ear the phrase to reverse judicial precedents and and consent decrees. How do you reverse a judicial precedent? Exactly? Well, according to the document, it issues a bunch of directives. The order requires the AG to work with the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, and the Secretary of Transportation to prioritize grants for states and municipalities to enforce prohibitions on open illicit drug use, urban camping and loitering, urban squatting, and track the location of sex offenders. It's the old government purse strings, incentives and disincentives. I don't love it, but you know, both sides use it. The Order redirects funding to ensure that individuals camping on the streets and causing public disorder and that are suffering from serious mental illness or addiction are moved into treatment centers, assisted outpatient treatment and other facilities. Orders discretionary grants for substance use disorder prevention, treatment recovery that do not fund drug injection sites or I list of drug use. And the Order stops sex offenders who receive homelessness assistance from being housed with children, allows programs to exclusively house women and children.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Yeah, I love it. So oh, we've got to get to later this hour.
Speaker 4: You said you got some stuff on straightening out, which appears to be one of the big stories of the day. As I look at my bank of television's starvation in Gaza. What's true and what's not true around that?
Speaker 5: Yes, including one photo I guarantee you've seen highly misleading.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard about that one. But we've got to get to the Burbank butt sniffer. That's a big story, and thank god he has been apprehended. What a weird story that's on the way next to here, arm Strong, Hey.
Speaker 6: Yeie, a crime alert tonight from Burbank Police. They've arrested a serial sex offender again and they fear many more women may have been victimized by this man. His previous victims tonight are furious the man keeps being arrested and being released.
Speaker 4: Well, that's really the key to the story. But I don't want to take all the fun out of it. Well we'll do that at the end.
Speaker 2: That's what we do. We take the fun out of fun stories. So you got this.
Speaker 4: You're just trying to enjoy yourself at the Nordstrom rack on a beautiful day in Burbank and get a good deal on a named brand good and you turn around as a woman and there's somebody crouched bining you smelling your buttocks. What's going on there? He's been doing this for a while. Thank god for TikTok.
Speaker 7: It's a twenty twenty three TikTok that went viral.
Speaker 2: I was so freaked out when I turned around and saw him literally under me.
Speaker 7: A woman confronts a man at a Barnes and Noble for getting uncomfortably close seeming to sniff her. What it is? That's mikaela whitter. She posted the video frustrated after watching him walk around targeting other women. It turns out that man Chalice Crowder is a registered sex offender with a rap sheet that includes burglary and peeping into people's homes with kids inside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the TikTok video got him in the big trouble because you had video evidence of him crouching down behind a woman at a Barnes and Noble. He said he was trying to tie his shoe. I'll fill any details we don't have here. Here's a police and then a victim.
Speaker 8: He eventually worked his way into the women's section, found a lone shopper and started hipping some of the same behavior, getting close to her uncomfortably close, crouching down as if he was trying to buy something or check something out or look at something.
Speaker 9: So I've heard up to twenty women, you know, and what's happened to them, and they're all scared, and I know the feeling.
Speaker 5: I don't want to suck the fun out of it either. I'll let you do that at the appropriate time. But yeah, the obvious point here is guys like this are not dangerous until they.
Speaker 4: Are well right, and you aren't going to Apparently you're not going to fix him. I mean, he gets out of jail for doing this and he goes right back to it. I mean, he's got so many parts of his brain that don't work right. Even if you've got this irresistible urge, I would think to do it the sensible part of your brain to think.
Speaker 2: Look, I already spent time in jail.
Speaker 4: It's really going to be hard to get a decent job, create a good life, find a woman, mary, have kids, settle down. If I do this again, you know, with a rap sheet already for this. So I'm going to as much as i'd like to, I'm not going to go to the north sort track, crawling my hands and knees up behind some woman looking at some shoes.
Speaker 2: And start smelling her.
Speaker 4: Because of You know, I've already seen the consequences of my actions. Fund I came across a scientific study about that sort of person.
Speaker 2: More on that to come. But he does it anyway.
Speaker 4: He just it's so uncontrollable, or he doesn't get understand the consequences or how the whole thing works or whatever. And so he was at he was at the nordstromb rat there in Burbank, and some woman yelled at him or something like that. When the police get there, he had moved across the parking lot to the Walmart. Was in the Walmart with a more bargain minded shoppers. But I don't know if they have the same set. That'd be the question to ask him. You know, it's a difference in smell between Nordstrom shoppers and Walmart shoppers. Can we put this guy on a leash at the airport and I haven't looked for bombs or sometimes sniff out bombs, or put him at the border, put him to work for the DA. Put him on a leash at the airport. Do not pet the butt sniff right, combining two things. He gets put the little vest on him, do not pet. He gets to sniff people, which is his wont but he stays out of trouble, earns a living right when when on that Katie, you have come in this absolutely not. How do you not get his teeth kicked in when you turn around and there's some dude there, That's my first thought as he is getting a roundhouse right to the side of the head. If I turned around and saw that we're not doing this yelling videoing, no, I'm just violence. Put him on a leash at the airport, have him earn his keep, Convince him that bombs smell like hot women's buttocks is or something, whatever you got to do to motivate him.
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm not sure if that would work. But you're thinking outside the box. Are we gonna play the Last Clipper?
Speaker 8: Or no?
Speaker 2: Is that? Did we? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's the age old story, specifically in New York, LA, Chicago, places like that, where people get arrested over and over and over again for the same behavior and you let them out because like the email we had last hour, because you think capitalism is making them do this, or some bullets.
Speaker 5: Having witnessed the passing of the three strikes, you're out laws in kel Unicornia.
Speaker 2: Then the rescinding of them. More or less.
Speaker 5: The left never argues honestly about a guy like this. They'll always say he's going to jail for life, for.
Speaker 2: Thirty years or whatever it was for stealing a pack of gum.
Speaker 5: No, it's for violating the law over and over and over again and proving there is no chance that person will become a non dangerous, law abiding citizen. We don't have to let people commit fifty crimes as a society.
Speaker 2: We don't. It's okay to pass laws that say, once you've made it clear you will not follow the law, you don't get to be in society anymore.
Speaker 4: The butt sniffer has been arrested forty times forty forty four zero. How many times does someone have to demonstrate that they're not willing to be a functional part of society or remove them from society. That's insane. And like Joe said, he'll hurt somebody at some point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody will confront him or try to stop him, and he will commit an act of violence, and then everybody will be like, oh, he should probably go to jail.
Speaker 2: Put him on a leash at the airport. Joe solved it armstrong and getty.
Speaker 10: In an abrupt reversal, Israel cleared the way from more aid to Gaza. The military air dropped food and supplies, but those palettes are a fraction of what's needed. The bulk of the aid is on trucks waiting to go, and in what could be a game changer, Israel says it will establish secure roots through the war zone, so the trucks will no longer be shot at or looted. Gaza's misery has shocked the world, and international medical agencies says children, especially the poorest and those with special needs, are suffering from acute malnutrition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there were some ugly pictures and videos coming out of that story over the weekend. You're paying attention to it at all if you're older and you've been following the news for a long time. Though, God, I've seen those videos and pictures my whole life, oftentimes finding out that they're phony or exaggerated or from five years ago. I don't know what's going on in this case, but I have been misled so many times over the years, and I thought it was interesting. I was listening to NPR today and they for the I've been saying this for months now, the first time I hear a story that even hints that Hamas might be bad guys will be the first time. On NPA, I mean, they just know Israel horrible, horrible human beings. They never say anything negative about Hamas ever. But on NPR today they actually allowed a spokesman for Israel on saying Israel claims that this is not what's happening, that they're trying to distribute aid and Hamas won't let them or steals it or shoots at them or whatever. And NPR did say we cannot confirm this report, but they allowed it on there, which actually makes me think that it's more likely to be true. The fact that they allowed it on there at all.
Speaker 5: Right hilarious that they would use the phrase we cannot confirm this report, having breathlessly reported virtually everything that Hamas has led them.
Speaker 2: For several point years.
Speaker 5: So there have been a couple of developments lately in which Israel said it would pause military activity in some densely populated parts of the strip for a chunk of the day till further notice to establish safe roots for humanitarian a they're trying to get more aid in.
Speaker 2: But that all did little to quiet the charges.
Speaker 5: That Israel has inflicted a famine on Gaza.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm looking at I've seen so many of these videos. I'm looking at the video right now from Gaza. No matter what, whether it's Israel's shooting at him or and I don't think it is, or Hama shooting at him, or whatever it's causing the problem.
Speaker 2: It looks like hell on earth to be in Gaza. Just a great awful, a great god.
Speaker 5: If you took in any media or social media over the weekend, there's a very very good chance you saw the haunting image of a mother in a hyjab holding a skeletal child, an eighteen month old boy wearing only a diaper, with the spine and his ribs clearly visible in his gaunt frame, during the story about how the cruel Israelis are starving the people of Gaza. By the way, on social media, often the image was accompanied side by side with the black and white photograph of a Jewish child on the brink of death in one of Hitler's death camps. The message clear, of course, the Palestinian boys a symbol for mass starvation gripping the people of Gaza. The only problem is that the boy and they know his name, who appeared on the front page of Britain's Daily Express on Wednesday and then on that of the New York Times on Friday, was picked up by the BBC, CNN, Sky News and countless others. In fact, suffers from a muscle disorder and other grave genetic conditions unrelated to starvation. And that's according to CNN and the independent investigative journalist David Collier. But of course that information will never reach the countless people who saw and shared the image, nor will the fact that Mohammad's brother, that's the little fellow, the God bless his soul.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not making you know, the glossing.
Speaker 4: Over the fact that this poor little lad is clearly barely cleaning the life. But anyway, his brothers cropped out of the widely circulated image appears healthy, as does his mother.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: And you might remember a story from I don't think we talked about it as a month or so ago. All the headlines everywhere were experts predict I forget what it was, fifteen thousand dead in the next forty eight hours from mass stars starvation, and it just never occurred. So just somebody got that story out there, everybody reported it, and that never happened. Not that it doesn't look like hell on Earth. Like I said, what's your fix for this?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna?
Speaker 4: I mean it is apples take charge again. It is absolutely awful. But what are what what do you do with this situation?
Speaker 5: Do various measures that will feed the people more adequately, even if it strengthens Hamas would be the answer from the left, and you know intelligence he around the world. It's it's as simple as that. I'm gonna be let me quote a little bit. Matti Friedman wrote a great piece for the Free Press, very even handed, and he mentions that genuine misery can be put to use by practitioners of information warfare. And he makes it clear that this is a war. But the truth still matters amid the brajualize told by Hamas and its allies.
Speaker 2: How are we to know what is true? As Maddie writes.
Speaker 5: In a Bliss of ideological fiction, how are sane citizens in Israel or anywhere else supposed to know what's true and to do the right thing. It's not an exaggeration to say we're seeing right now, as we're seeing right now that the answer to this question can be a matter of life and death.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, this has always been a story about the Palestinians and Israel about it was hard to know what's true. But now in the current information age, and it just occurred to me that what it leads me to do is ignore it, which is the danger for all these stories, I mean, not life and death ones, but just political story in general. When you can't you don't know what to believe, you just go, eh, well, I don't know it's true or not, so you just go on to something else, which.
Speaker 5: As an aside, has long been the goal of Soviet than Russian disinformation, not to convince us of anything in particular, but to make Americans so cynical about knowing the.
Speaker 2: Truth we don't even ask what it is anymore. Anyway.
Speaker 5: More on that another time, But so Maddie's piece for the Free Press. He points out a couple of major incidents in this conflict, including the infamous Israeli clearly an Israeli rocket attack on the hospital at least five hundred dead. The New York Times headline reported that furious protests erupted, a mob burned a synagonue in Tunisia story, completely fake, misfired Palestinian rocket landed near a hospital, practically no casualties. And then he goes into several other examples of that sort of misinformation, skipping ahead to the key point.
Speaker 2: Very little of what is reported here, in other words, is what it seems.
Speaker 5: This is nothing new, and then he goes over a bunch of more examples. The transformation of truth telling institutions into ideological megaphones has had a high price for citizens and liberal societies and for the institutions themselves, as we're seeing at places like Harvard and NPR. The feeling of being unmoored from objective reality, of rowing a boat through a choppy sea of lies in propagandas is very much a feature of the present moment, not only in Israel, but one of the most awful prices was made clear this past week with reports of acute hunger in Blaza in a blizzard of ideological fiction. How are sane citizens supposed to know what's actually happening? And what he did in this essay which I wish it wasn't quite so long, I just read it to you, But he called a bunch of different colleagues who he trusts as human beings. Veteran journalists, including Israelis involved in covering what was going on there, and not like Netan Yahoo loving conservatives.
Speaker 2: They're just concerned with humans.
Speaker 5: It was clear in speaking to them that our polite is journalists is only marginally better than that of the average citizen. The consensus was that there are nearly no trustworthy sources regarding reality in Gaza. Certainly not the quote unquote Gaza Health Ministry which answers to Hamas, or Palestinian reporters intimidated by Hamas, or the international organizations like the UN Refugee Agency UNRAW embroiled in various forms of collaboration with Ams. All of the above are engaged in a successful information campaign that uses Palestinian suffering, reel and imagine to catalyze international anger and tie Israel's hands. And the international press isn't the answer, he says. During my years as a reporter and editor for the AP, I saw coverage altered by Hamas threats to our staff, which the AP concealed from our readers. I know firsthand no information coming from Gaza can be taken a face value.
Speaker 4: Wow, and if you have a lot of reporters, because a lot of journalists lean anti Israel anyway, if they're if they're predisposed to lean away from Israel anyway, Sure you'd go with the threat, and that just for credibility's sake, my words, not his. Maddie points out that neither can we Israelis trust our own government, which has regularly misled the public about the war's progress, as governments do. Speaker Johnson responded to the whole starvation and gaza thing yesterday and meet the press.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that right after this.
Speaker 5: A word from our friends at Trustandwill dot com.
Speaker 2: You know you should do this.
Speaker 5: You know you have to have your affairs in order in case. But you've thought, well, it's expensive, it's involved, there's a lot of paperwork. No, friends, you can get security peace of mind by making an estate plan. Now, create and manage a custom of state plan starting at just one hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 4: Bank level encryption and all that sort of stuff. If you're worried about security, you s you don't have to worry about that. But you go to the website, you start filling in the blanks. You can do this yourself. Manage the whole estate plan yourself after you get it done, and if you have any trouble setting it up, there's all kinds of live support through chat, phone or email to make it easy.
Speaker 5: And the long and short of it is you're avoiding lengthy, expensive, horrible family shredding, legal battles, or the state deciding what happens to all your assets after you go.
Speaker 2: You know you need to do this.
Speaker 5: It's easy, secure your assets, protect your loved ones with trust and will get twenty percent off on your estate plan documents by visiting trustinwill dot com slash armstrong. That's trustinwill dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 4: As interesting, So I lean way toward Israel's a good guy and Gaza slash the Palestinians or the bad guys.
Speaker 2: I lean way that direction.
Speaker 4: But if I was there and saw, you know, Israeli ze Israeli soldiers shooting at people trying to get food or something, I'd be more than willing to report it. But it's interesting that that person said it's hard if you're on the ground there to figure out what's true and what's not here. I don't know where speaker Mike Johnson's getting his information, but this is what he said about efforts by Israel, with the help of the United States and others, to get food to these people.
Speaker 11: Israel since this war began has supplied over ninety four thousand truckloads full of food. It's enough food to feed two million people for two years trying to get that into Gaza. But Hamas has stolen the food a huge amount. In fact, in twenty twenty four, the numbers are that Hammas profited over five hundred million dollars in stolen food aid that was supposed to go to these poor people who needed it. That's half of their budget. So this is a broken system. The UN needs to work with Israel to make sure that the food is getting to the people that need it most.
Speaker 2: So for what it's worth.
Speaker 5: The New York Times last week had a story that cited two Israeli military officials, didn't specify who they were, what rank they were, whatever, saying we have no evidence that Hamas steals eight and they went front page with that on the New York Times. Wow, most other officials in the country would contradict that and say, what the f are you talking about?
Speaker 2: But that's the situation.
Speaker 5: We're in people are desperate to get the sort of information that backs their pre existing point of view.
Speaker 4: But in this case, you've got an actor in Hamas who's demonstrated what they do for decades.
Speaker 2: So I mean, it would be.
Speaker 4: Shocking if all of a sudden they've decided, Well, I know in the past, we've stolen aid and that's how we became billionaires. And why all our fighters are, you know, healthy, comfortable, of normal weight. They have plenty of ammunition, blah blah blah, and lots of money, and everybody around us is starving. I know that's what we've done for decades, but we decided in this particular instance in this war to go ahead and distribute food and not steal it.
Speaker 2: I mean, that would be a shocking development, right right.
Speaker 5: So Friedman goes on to write, after saying pointing out a bunch of examples where the Israeli military misled the media, he says he's he's trying desperately to figure out what's going on, and he's talking to Palestinian and journalists who talked to Palestinians. One such journalists Ohadhimo, the Palestinian affairs reporter for Channel twelfth News, the country's most widely watched news program, whose report last Wednesday and there's a link, was shared widely. Food warehouses serving Hamas fighters are still full, he reported, and the crisis wasn't only Israel's fault. So it's a complex situation.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure it is.
Speaker 4: And I don't doubt that Israeli soldiers have done things that shouldn't be done in a what is becoming near total war. But Hamas has been using hospitals and mosques as their bases for years. Again, it would be in fitting with what they've demonstrated over decades to steal the food. It would be completely new behavior to not be stealing the food.
Speaker 5: All of this according to every journalist and politician on all sides of the question up until very very recently. It is you know, I would never gloss over the suffering of people, particularly children, the innocent.
Speaker 2: But I think what we're seeing.
Speaker 4: Is an awful, murderous uh Islamist regime which tried to slaughter its Jewish neighbor now must be defeated completely, and in doing that, innocent people are going to suffer.
Speaker 2: That is a history of warfare.
Speaker 4: You can comment anytime. Text Line four one five two nine five kftc.
Speaker 7: Armstrong and Yetti witter Piel's he never should have gotten a chance to victimize anyone else. Court documents show he was out on parole. With the history of convictions for lude conduct dating back to twenty twenty one.
Speaker 9: It's crazy to think that someone like this, who is constantly stalking and boleating these people, is allowed to be out and about.
Speaker 7: We took those concerns to police asking why he wasn't behind bars.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, obviously it's frustrating, but we do what we.
Speaker 2: Need to do.
Speaker 4: This is the burbank but sniffer who crawls up behind women and sniffs them. He has done this in the ended up in jail, was let out of jail. Immediately he's at the northsomb rack down low behind a woman claiming he was tying his shoes and apparently trying to catch the aroma of her hind end.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, yeah, I could have left that on set anyway. So this guy gets arrested and turned loose, over and over and over again. It's in a funny coincidence. I had just come across a study about why some people keep making bad decisions even after they're punished. And this, this global study that's involved a hell of a lot of people identified three distinct decision making types. Sensitive individuals who learn from punishment that's normal people. Unaware individuals who need explicit instruction, and compulsive individuals who persist and harmful behavior. Despite both, I don't deny that we needed a study, but this guy's clearly number three. Yes, some people fail to connect actions with their consequences, while others understand the risks but can't change their behavior.
Speaker 2: Wow. So either this guy's got a screw loose.
Speaker 5: And again, I think that we, as human beings make a mistake over and over again.
Speaker 2: The longer I live, the more I more firmly I believe this.
Speaker 5: We make the mistake over and over again, believing that other people, all other people see the world as we do and process information in the way we process it. Like I would like to talk to some ultra progressive, you know, Berkeley eight types, Madison, wisconsint professors who are completely convinced of the progressive boy of the world, and I'd just like to get inside their heads and see, you know, what color is the sky in your world? As the old saying goes, But how does that so?
Speaker 4: So some of yours like stealing from grocery stores, Your Madison professor would say, well, capitalism has caused these people to struggle blah blah blah. So what's your angle on somebody who won't stop getting on their knees and snipping women's butts. If you put them in jail, you let them out, they do it again. That can't be capitalism causing that, can it?
Speaker 2: No jerarchy?
Speaker 5: No, So the write up I mean, because it doesn't make any sense if capitalism were just completely at fault in an evil system instituted by the evil doers above me, blah blah blah. But in executing a certain behavior, I just had terrible consequences over and over again. I would stop unless I thought I was righting wrong. But anyway, this big write up mentions this research challenges common assumptions about human decision making and reveals that punishment resisted behaviors stem from specific cognitive deficits, often rather than exclusively moral failings or lack of will power.
Speaker 4: Again, I say the study needs to be He was at the Nord sim Rak and Burbank, then when he got caughty, ran the Walmart and did it. I want him to explain, is there a difference between Nordstrom Drack women and Walmart women that he knowed?
Speaker 5: My lord, maybe we can get back into this an hour four or something like that, because part of me suspects that this is progressive do gooders seeking to avoid the idea of people taking a responsibility for their actions, because that seems to be a big part of the left. But even if they're right, what do we do about as a society?
Speaker 2: What a nutjob Armstrong and Getty