Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us as Bloomberg News cross Asset reporter Emily Graffeo. And there's some breaking news.
Speaker 3: Yes, there is breaking news.
Speaker 4: So I'm watching shares of Apple right now, ticker AAPL. The stock was up as much as zero point eighty five percent and it's lower right now, down about zero point five percent. On exclusive Bloomberg news coming from Bloomberg's Mark German that Meta has poached Apple's most prominent design executive, in a major coup that underscores a push by the social networking giant into AI equipped consumer devices. This has been a pretty big story this year of Mark Zuckerberg trying to get anyone to come and work for him and paying up for it.
Speaker 3: And so this is the latest news.
Speaker 4: Meta is going to be hiring Alan Dye, who was head of Apple's user interface design team since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, according to people with knowledge of the matter, So Apple apparently already replacing Die with longtime designer Steven LeMay. According to those in the know who hasked not to be identified. Man, that's a significant shift in Silicon Valley, or.
Speaker 3: So Mark reports.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Die most recently oversaw the interface of the Vision pro headset, a sweeping redesign of Apple's OS. He was central to designing the company's apps, the Apple Watch, the iPhone ten. His team has been helping develop a slate of new Smartthom devices as well. Bloomberg News has reported.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just going to pull up real quickly Meta because it feels like it's as much an Apple story as it is a Meta story. Stocks a little changed here, so it's just down a little bit. But Meta has been aggressive right in lining up various high level talent, if you will.
Speaker 1: The checkbook, the power of the checkbook, right, the salaries that they're and I don't know the details obviously this, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You're right in terms of the AI stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're talking, you know, tens of millions of dollars.
Speaker 5: Like paying up big time. All right, keeping an eye on that when you've got another one of the mag seven that you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Microsoft.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Microsoft, So this was a big story on the Bloomberg Terminal today shares a Microsoft tiker MSFT. The stock was down as much as three percent. Now it's only down about one point five percent on So, there was a report from the Information that Microsoft had lowered expectations for getting some of its enterprise customers to spend money on their cloud units Marketplace for AI models and agents.
Speaker 3: The company responded.
Speaker 4: Microsoft said that the Information's story inaccurately combines the concepts of growth and sales quota. So Microsoft coming out and saying that this was not accurate. But nevertheless it was definitely weighing.
Speaker 3: On the stock. And the stock is still lower today.
Speaker 4: I won't claim to be an expert in you know what part is correct and what part isn't, but we are seeing stock lower after that report from the Information came out, but.
Speaker 3: Not as low as it was. Not as low as it was. Yeah, so pairing pairing losses. But this is this is a big move for a company as large as Microsoft. Yeah, it adds up real quickly.
Speaker 5: Another tech name reported I think results last night. Yeah, we're breaking it down. You're talking about Marvel Tech.
Speaker 3: Marvell Tech.
Speaker 4: So this is a chip maker and I was going to say, like, you know, the move in Microsoft maybe shows that AI fear and kind of how fragile the AI trade is right now. You know, even a hint of something going wrong, people want to sell the stock. But here's a chip maker that's up about seven percent right now. They reported EPs and sales above estimates. Yesterday, they got an upgrade on the stock from morning Star, and then the company said during its conference call it expects Data seven center revenue to grow by more than twenty five percent next fiscal year. And then they also announced plans to acquire startup Celestial AI for about three zero point two five billion dollars. So clearly that that tech trade is still hot, at least in some of these individual names and the broader indexes today.
Speaker 5: And I'm trying to remember when they reported late last night. Didn't it bounce around? I think it dropped at one point initially or something maybe on the news of the day. I don't know, it was just kind of bouncing around. But you're right, investors are all in today.
Speaker 1: Okay, So from high tech to a major industrial player.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, So last stock Boeing ticker BA it's down two percent on some M and A. Well, I guess we'll call it a deal deal news. So the FTC said that the planemaker should divest significant Spirit Aerosystems assets to resolve anti trust concerns surrounding this merger deal. We saw Spirit actually rising as much as three point six percent. But yeah, this this weighing on the stock that they'll have to divest, but they actually the divestitors, according to Bloomberg News, will resolve FTC allegations that Boeing's acquisition of Spirit would give it the ability and incentive to raise the cost of Airbus's access to inputs for its competing aircraft. So a lot of moving parts here literally and figuratively, but that stock is lower today.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.