Speaker 1: Look, Mayer, Oh, I see you. Look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness, lost cult.
Speaker 2: Dang dong last Culturesta's calling sorry about the quality of the audio.
Speaker 1: Okay, look things are. You don't have to apologize. First thing. This is what's happening. Matt is stopping into New York in between tour dates. He's not gonna bring the mic with him every time. I mean, I could have and should have because I'm not going to be back in LA for a while and I want to give y'all quality. Okay, that's all I ever want is to give you, honey. We will make up the quality with the content. In the content. You're so right, and not that you have any problem doing that, or should I say, congress queen girl, we're not going to talk about that. Why well, what do you want to know? It's not that I want to know anything. I want to acknowledge.
Speaker 2: You think that the readers aren't tuning into this episode saying they want to hear all the bts.
Speaker 1: The BTS was that we're not gonna talk about by saying the full version of Candle in the Wind because Lorne wanted to see me do it Friday night. We didn't have a script page. We didn't, so you just sang candle in the window. So then like Janine DeVito are beautiful associate producers headed the script departments, like Bowen, I'm really sorry, but I think you know you have to stick around until this was like eighteen hour a day on Friday, and this is my new thing. I'm not complaining anymore. I'm not saying the words I'm tired, and me Celest Sarah and Alison Gates at work are saying if one of us catches the other saying the words I'm tired, then that person has to pay everyone like five hundred dollars or something. What we needed, like we need a crazy like a swear jar. It's a swear jar thing, but where it's like because you know what saying I'm tired and I you know me, I'm the tired culture. I'm finally hitting this point now where I'm like saying those where its only reinforces that state, it doesn't really do anything. It's also contagious, just telling Charlie bar Day came to the show as a guest of the last and he was like, it's contagious, and it also like it is conversational filler. It only yes when you don't know what else to say. I think that is.
Speaker 2: Why I don't like when people are like, oh, I'm tired, is because I just feel like it is inherently not interesting.
Speaker 1: I wrote a whole sketch about this for Popularlette, I remember, but that was a kind of a self read. It was the Storytellers where study was oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. It was like a nature documentary about like this really fascinating. It was like an anthropological documentary. A fascinating storyteller shares in the tradition of ancient cultures, like sharing interesting parts of her day. And she's like, I'm tired. Wait, I remember this is the first ketch I ever got on populatte Wait. Yes, I remember that. It was a runner, right, it was a runner. It was a runner. It was yeah. I think it didn't come in as a runner, and we made it a runner. It worked perfectly, display it up. It was really good. Anyway, Janine calls me. She's like, and I think Lauren wanted to see me sing it like and try it out, and we didn't have pages, and so then it was like, I guess I'm singing all of Candle on the way. So you just said, so it seems to me live like a Candle in the Wow, what a great song. Beautiful, it's so rich Alton Halton for the pods, for the pod. But then it was mortifying because it was like one in the morning. It was Lauren was sitting right in front of me, all these crew members who just wanted to go home, and they were like, why the fuck are we listening to bow and singing Candle in the Wind? Did they applod after? No, they did it, of course not. I'm so mad at that. They had every reason to not applod. If you give all of candle, can I say, this is a real culture. If you give all of Candle in the Wind and no one the pods, I'm mad at you. That's really forty eight. If you give all of Candle in the Wind and no one on the pods, I'm mad at you. So I went in to Saturday. It's like not knowing what the hell was going on until like we ran through it like a couple hours before. So it was very I was very unprepared.
Speaker 2: I said, that was the tape. You can take the rest of the year, easy way, do you even no way? You're coming hard every week about no war? I'm kidding what you see are my head's at in the gutter?
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of the gutter, what the gutter between your toes? Oh?
Speaker 2: God, can I say I'm ready to tell everyone my truth. I think it's because I've been traveling a lot. I've been out on the road. I've been stopping the pavement trying to get this album promoted. That my athlete's foot is back. And I actually just showed Bowen in the person, in the flesh as it were, and he was really upset.
Speaker 1: And that's not that I'm upset any part of you. I I think it's so beautiful. That was really shocking to see. Yeah, it's got to get dealt with, and trust you will be dealt with. And this actually segues perfectly into something that I am very late on mm hm, But love has won. This HBO documentary on the Cult of Mother God is really upsetting. I still have to watch the third and final part. But this woman, basically this cult leader. This is a popular documentary. Are people talking about it? I think people are talking about you know, like people at work, we're talking about it. Just so they were like all the crew members were like, yeah, you're watching Mother God blah blah blah. It's called Love has Won. Love, So the cult is called Love has Won. Love has Won, which is so hm hmm. That's not a name for a cult. No.
Speaker 2: For me, it's like love has Won. If I found out there was an organization called Love Has One.
Speaker 1: He'd be like, I'm going to the gala. I don't know. I would think, oh, that's a cult. No. If I say the words you love has One, you think, oh, I guess that's on a shirt. Yeah, yeah, yeah's some sort of like tweet phrase. Yeah, yeah, exactly, which something can between and cult, which I think is what period, which I think is what this whole thing is. Basically, this woman, her name is Amy Carlson, is just normal gal working at McDonald's, managing McDonald's, being very successful manager at McDonald's. And then I guess she tried extasy one day and liked it so much that it broke her. And then she believed that she was the creator of the universe, and it starts this internet community that ends up coming to her and they all believe genuinely in their hearts that she is the next iteration of not only Jesus Christ, but of Marilyn Monroe and of Prince Diana Kendel and the wynd subjects. And then there's the Galactics, which is this like group of deceased people who speak through her, and those people include Whitney Houston, Robin Williams. Most saddeningly, like Robin Williams is like figures hugely into this really posthumously obviously, but like Robin Williams is like one of the prophets. It's the craziest. You need to watch. How many people are in this cult? And is it inactive? It's hard to say it people so there are so so they shot this in twenty twenty one, like a couple of years ago. I don't want to give away too much, but like the first moment in the documentary is really crazy and I will have nightmares about it for the rest of my life. Seriously, Yeah, oh my god, I don't want that to deter you from watching. To watch, it's not like horror, it's like something so disturbing, Oh my god, what is it? Okay, So I think a lot of spoiler I learned for the first moment of love love is one Mother God. I think I think a lot of It's so funny that it's mother God sounds like mother God. So I'm very behind on this. So the first moment is this town in southern Colorado called the Crestone, and it's the cops who have a warrant to search this house. And this guy greets them, and then the cops are like, how many people are here? And he goes, there are five beings and what there are five beings and a few other people and and then the cops are like anyone else. They're like, you're not telling Like it's like he's he's withholding something. And he goes, there is a mother and she she has rested. So at first you watch it, they're like, okay, so the mom might be in bed or something. So then they go search the department. It's filthy, disgusting. It has rainbows and flowers on the ceiling. The paint is disgusting. There's like it's been through like ten layers of paint. There are Christmas lights everywhere. It is so nauseatingly disgusting in there. Oh my God, like Lisa Frank but fucked up. And then they go into this bedroom and there are like I want to say, it's like a really adorned bed, flowers Christmas lights hanging on it, and there's like a body under like duvets, and then they lift up like a pillow and you just see a silver face with like makeup, eyes over the eyelids. What and it's Mother, God, mummified it's her, mummified her. She she's been dead for I think a couple months, and these people have decided to mummify her by like putting all this fucking glitter makeup on her face and like painting eyes on her eyelids and putting like a turban on her. It's You said at the beginning of this that this wasn't horror. What you just described is the most horror, horrifying horror I ever understand. There are five beings and one mother and she has rested rest You go in. You see a POV of them going into this Lisa Frank Hell. They go up to a bedroom, unveil a duvet. It's a mummified woman who's been dead for two months in makeup and that is a forget about Mother God, that's mother. Excamation point the movie that is horror like that film, which I still haven't seen. I do know Jef Lawrence, I've never seen Jennifer. I'm not I'm not watching Mother exclamation point. And I think people that listen to this podcast know that's your health for me. No, I'm not seeing anything like the Houses Like, I'm not gonna see anything that's gonna like upset me viscerally. Yeah. I say this as a great fan of literally everyone involved in that film, but I won't watch that one because it feels like what you just said. So then are you not going to watch this document? Well, I have to say, because it's actually this really disturbing every moment, honestly, because there's footage, because these people are obsessed with live streams. The thing, God, cult aesthetics are so can look like. A cult can look like anything. To paraphrase a Pat reaganism, he says, a family can look like anything all the time. A cult can look like anything. It's really culture number eight. A cult can look like anything. And so the cult aesthetic for them is everyone has a laptop, everyone's going live. It's like Starbucks. It's like Starbucks. Everyone's going live. Everyone is doing shrooms or tripping or ayahuasca or on meth like it makes me it's well, it just never, It makes me never want to do a drug ever again. It would that be the worst thing. It would not be the worst thing. It is so shocking when you realize, like how the human brain and the human spirit are so fragile and they be so easily tempted to believing anything, Like how this woman, who I'm sorry it looks completely average in a very okay way. She has an average woman, is whipping up all of these people into believing that she is Jesus Christ herself and that she is the most beautiful woman in the world. Yeah, well there are monsters among us. Well, of course, a monster can look like anything, because can look like literally anything. It looks like Amy Carlson. Bitch, Amy Carlson is making these people they cut to like all these notes and her part of her thing as a cult leader is make me a sandwich, make me a galactic taco salad is what one of the recipes is called. Make me crab legs. I want lobster. Now they're in Colorado. Bitch like she like, this woman is about food. She sounds like no hiking. I'm like, oh, That's that's me Like on a Sunday after a hard day of work. I want a lobster now, making me a sandwich.
Speaker 2: And Halen alright, p miss, Can I say I didn't even know Halen Hardy gone.
Speaker 1: Until it was too late. I mean there obviously is like an organized crime thing. Wait what it, Matt? It disappeared with no notice, So you think it was an organized thing. You think Hallen Hardy was the mob. I think there was something going on there. We need the Hale and Hardy documentary now. Halen Hardy for people who don't know, as it used to be a soup chain in New York that everyone loved, right Yeah, I mean I was there all the time. We could get a half soup. Well, I guess it was a cup soup half Sandwichera could never literally Panera could never. And they had unbelievable chili. They had so many soup op shops. Someone should step up and sort of do a Hale and Hardy esque thing. There's a huge hole in the market major, especially for my soup queens, which I'm the leader. Yeah, I know you are. I'm more soup. There are two different things.
Speaker 2: We really don't have time to talk about the differences between stew and soup. Right now, we might this that's gonna be a quick hour. I would say that stew there's more consistency there because it's probably based in a protein or a starch, whereas the soup is based in the liquid.
Speaker 1: To liquid and in a stew you would maybe put in it would maybe have a rue base, not a rue base that you would start, you would start. Yeah, you develop the flavors in a very specific way. And soup, the beauty of soup is you can kind of just it can be anything. A soup can be anything not accept stew. Oh yeah, A soup cannot be stew. A soup cannot be Rachel Ray tried to make stoop happen, which is a did she actually? Which is something that lives between a soup, a soup, and a stew. Hubris no part of it. Can we talk about Rachel Ray? Sure? Can? She's still doing it. She's still doing the thing, and I actually have to admire her. And you know, my ass didn't give two shits about Giata or Bobby or even I'm gonna say Aina. I was tuning in the Food Network growing up for Rachel. It makes me I'm looking at Amy Carlson right now on my computer and is that her? That's her? And actually part of her narrative is that she's pretty stunned. She looks like Maggie Rodgers. She not looks like Maggie Rodgers. She looks like Maggie Rodgers before Divinity School. That's her. When she died. That's her when she died. So that's Father God. So she had so she had multiple partners, all named Father God. But they were like the Prince Phillips to her. Someone says they were like the Prince Phillips to her, Queen Elizabeth, they were just so can I ask your question? In this documentary, in the opening moments, you see this woman's dead body. You see her. Her body is covered up. But what's the most chilling is that it killing. Before it cuts to the title card, it's just you. It's just slow, slowed down, shaky police cam footage set to scoring a metallic face staring back at you, staring at the camera, but the eyes are actually painted on. I've never seen anything like that, and in every bit of footage. So because of the live streams, they have so much footage of these people just like being on every drug, cackling, screaming, singing stupid songs, acting a damn fool. But it's like, I guess this is what I'm like when I'm stoned with friends. I mean, yeah, but like I think these people clearly were just like must have been just like warped. They were warped. But like, but look at her. I mean if someone looked that looked like Maggie Rodgers came to me and was like, get me a sandwich, not for nothing.
Speaker 2: I think I would drop most everything I was doing to get her a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Girl, she's look at her kind face too, that's not it's not a kind face. That But this is when when we say a cult clok like anything, a cult leader clok like anything, it could look like a fucking fifth grade teacher. This woman, well, Joel Joel Kim Booster was telling us about the Twin Flames documentary and how those hey, you guys have been going off with yours. Well, I had documentaries, Joel has not started as one. I have not started the Twin Flames documentary. I don't know that I the subculture that you guys belong to, well, there's a million HBO documentary that The Twin flamesland is on Prime. But so he was saying about them, like they are the most uncharismatic cult leaders. And I want to say, like, I guess it's such a fine line between charisma and uniqueness, nerve and talent. Absolutely, and like I don't think that many cult leaders. I can't name that many cult leaders that are like yeah, I would follow them, you know what I mean, Like even fucking like the Nexium guy. I'm like Keith Ranieriam like no fuck, oh yeah, no way. That's the thing is, it's like they're all fucking weeds. Yeah, she probably has trauma. Well, the mom and the sister, like, I honestly think they were doing their best because the mom and the sister were like, she was never mother God to us, she was just amen. She was never mothered God to us. And then whatever. I don't want to spoil much, but she just hurt her life in her adulthood, I guess was defined by like these really toxic relationships with men, and that carries over into her relationships with the multiple father gods. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when I walked in here today, this was on there was twelve minutes off to the episode. I said, no, go ahead, finish, and Bowen said, I don't want to finish, And yet here you are giving it sort of a ringing endorsement on here I just had I can't was.
Speaker 1: That the wait, no, no, no, oh my god, is that it? No? No, no, no, that's not it. That's oh my god. That's her in like a mask. Okay, so everyone there's a photo of her on Google Images with like a sheet mask on, and I thought that was we're not looking at her anymore. It's actually too much. Yeah, you're really. I can tell this has really shaken you. Well, the reason I'm watching it is because it is presented in a very watchable format, which is three part documentary series fifty five minute episodes each. Yeah, I can that. Well.
Speaker 2: That was my problem with the vow was I was like, why, well, it was a lot. It was like twelve episode first season, and they were gonna like, we're doing a season two.
Speaker 1: I'm like to say, what, I know, Well, it's the second things was like the aftermath of like the conviction or whatever. Yeah, I guess, but it's just like, I don't know if we need more of this. It's this is an interesting one. This is a new flavor of cult documentary that I think is important to consider. It's just deep. I'm very disturbed and it makes me sad to think about. I mean, cults are about self surrender, Like there are all these pieces about how like you can't feel too bad for anyone who joins a cult because there's a level of self surrender to it. Well yeah, I mean I guess they would call it faith, which is really scary. But I think that about everything. Sorry, I feel like it's in the It's good that we're talking about it. It's it's out there.
Speaker 3: It's it's don't worry, it's not real housewives.
Speaker 2: Our media diets could not be more different. Right now, do you know what I saw the other day? The Renaissance World Tour film tell me everything. First of all, this is a fifteen out of ten, like you're going to have the best time. It's different than the Eras tour because if this is an actual like it's more of a documentary like stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, so two things, three things stuck out to me. One just to talk about the actual concert itself. If you've seen the Renaissance World Tour concert, you know how unbelievabullet is as a spectacle, but when you really see just the minutia of the set, the lighting, the sound, Like I took my band that I've been on the road with the Gay Strangers comes see Matt Rodgers and the Gay Strangers live on tour, and they were like, musically so blown away. They were like, it's all bas it's so crazy, Like the music is just cranking. She is calling every single shot you see her in like this, yes, oh yes.
Speaker 2: So that was the first thing I noticed was when you're not watching it as part of the audience and you can actually see like a well shot, like you know, following it as if you're right there with her. She is such an unbelievable performer in the midst of all that, et cetera. We all knew that. That's obviously the first thing. It's just just how incredible that show is too. The thing that is so clear is how hard she still has to fight, really so that people don't gaslight her into thinking that her vision is not achievable. Wow, Like her exhaustion level in preparing for this is so high. Yes, because it's so difficult to prepare for that. She had a knee surgery before the Renaissance store, Like it was a full surgery. It wasn't just an injury she had to get like operated on. She was rehearsing while she was in recovery for it. Like there's footage of her, you know, doing pet and whole training at the same time. Like this is just like truly an unblo believable, like insurmountable really thing for anyone else. But she did it all while dealing with people, even Beyonce. And she says, because I'm a black woman, I still have to fight every single person to execute my vision in the way that I know. They don't talk to other people like this. And there's an amazing scene where she's asking for like a certain type of rig and they're saying it's not possible, it doesn't exist, and she's like, okay, well I looked it up while you guys were talking, and it does exist, and here it is, and here's how you're gonna get it here. So that was number two is really just how tenacious she is and anyone else would just be like, you know what, fine, let's just do the easy thing, but she never does that. Three the highlight of the whole doc to me was now, well, the Uncle Johnny stuff was amazing, and I'm really happy that was like an extended part of it because they really Tina gets like a whole action where they're interviewing her about Uncle Johnny, and you know, Tina's just a legend. She really gets her flowers in the documentary. Like there's a part where Beyonce's being interviewed in Tina's next to her the whole time, and Beyonce just says, you know, the only reason why I'm here unable to do all this is you.
Speaker 1: You're the only reason. And they hug and it's just so beautiful. But speaking of her family, my favorite part of the whole Renaissance world to our film was Blue Ivy. Like there's a sequence where Beyonce says, Blue Ivy came to me and said she's ready to perform, and I said no, because she's not ready, Like she hasn't gone through nearly enough to be ready to go out in front of all those people and do this, et cetera. And she was like, you can do one show. And then I guess it's really the first time I've seen Blue Ivy like talk and exist but she's cool as fuck and like, you know, seems to have it together, and she's got opinions about the things that her mom is doing, and like her mom wants to cut a song from the show. I think it's I forget exactly what song it is, but it's one of the older ones. It's Diva Diva. Beyonce is like, I kind of want to cut Diva or make it way shorter, and Blue Ivy's in the corner like doing her homework, and she turns around and she's like, no, you cannot cut Diva. You can't do it. She's like, Blue, stop and she's like, no, you can't cut those songs.
Speaker 2: You cannot cut those songs. I think she was trying to say, like what you can't cut the classics, Like you just can't. And then Beyonce turns to Blue and says, I appreciate your opinion, but you need to calm down and you can't be cutting people off. And it's intercut with Beyonce doing all of Diva. That's which I love.
Speaker 1: I love it. And so then to speak more about Blue Ivy, Blue gets on the Internet and sees troll mean comments about her dancing and in the beginning, she wasn't at the level she was at at the end, and so they just show her working really really hard to get it right and like really taking it seriously. And Beyonce was like, this is not only a renaissance for me and everyone here, but it was truly a renaissance for Blue Ivy because she learned what happens when she applies herself and what she's capable of. And then they show Blue doing the number with Beyonce, like, and what I loved about the movie too, is and this set it apart from eras, like they filmed so many of the concerts so that they were able to cut I know, the cuts were insane and bowen, the garments, the outfits, the stunning, the costumes, the robot arms into cozy like people have been like putting down on their stories and my jaws on the floor, Like there is never a moment you're not gasping at what she and the whole cast, the dancers, the band, what everyone, even the crew, And she goes on to talk about how she wants to dress the crew specifically because she wants the cruise movement to actually be part of the show because the mechanism of it. She wants as much of a light shone on that. So that's why the crew were in those like metallic outfits, because when a crew member comes out, that's for her the world of the show, I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Like they show this sequence of Blue and Beyonce dancing together, and you see it at the end just how hard Blue Ivy was slaying it, and you just feel at the end of that sequence of the movie like it was really well done and like snaps to Beyonce for that the whole thing, but especially this because the pride that Beyonce as her mother feels at the end, you feel as the audience for her because of the way that it's been edited totally, lots of great cameos. Megan the Stallions in it, Kendrick is in it.
Speaker 1: There's a really funny moment during the mute challenge where in the middle of it they cut to Cardi b and the audience being on mute, and it's a test for the audience because you don't know Cardi is coming, and then when you see her you just want to laugh and scream so much so fine someone in my theater did laugh and we all turned to her rooms, like that's a trap? That is?
Speaker 2: It was so good anyway, best time watching it, Like obviously seeing the tour I thought twice was brilliant. But I think this could be a really fun idea for Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: Like I'm thinking, because are you gonna be here for Christmas? Okay, so a bunch of us are going to be here in New York City for Christmas. I want to maybe this will need to me joining a cult to the behive. I'm already in the behind, but do a little period, do a little mushroom and then go to the Renaissance tour film on Christmas in New York City. That could be. That would be absolutely because I'm definitely seeing this again. Can I tell you the fact that Thick was not in every show. I didn't get to see Thick live, Thick and all up in your Mind in the Renaissance film highlights. Really Sick is a contender for me to be number one song on the album Really Yes, I mean it's excellent, so good All your Mind made the cut. That's interesting. The whole thing is in there.
Speaker 2: The only thing that I remember she definitely cut was a few of the numbers from the beginning, which she's like doing her own opening with the ballads. Ye you get dangerously in love into flaws and all, and then.
Speaker 1: She disappears into the stage and the renaissance begins. But they cut the rest of it, So they cut I care they cut one plus one and you do see a little bit of the Tina Turner tribute that's later in the movie. That's yeah, brilliant, brilliant, of course. I mean that is she is the paragon the student of performance. Yeah, it's like Beyonce is the student of performance. Gaga is the student of like, let's just say art, and like theater theater. I think Ariyana is a student of vocals. Bean is a student of coolness. Taylor is a student of songwriting. And that is a very hard thing, Yeah, to like occupy. I think all the girlies have like their their niche. It's not even a niche, it's like their superpower. Yeah, you know, like their stats are like distributed different. It's the only real way to describe Beyonce on stage is as superwoman. Yes, it's I mean I complimented Taylor on her actual like acting performance in the Eras Tour film. Beyonce is such an unbelievably focused, focused, committed like she's just in it the whole time in the sense of fun and play, especially after you see how seriously and how difficult.
Speaker 2: How seriously she takes it in how difficult it was to achieve that, to see her having fun doing this and to see it all paying off in the moment to the point where she can be so like improvisational free because she knows it so well. And she talks about that too.
Speaker 1: She talks about how as a performer she is a storied perfectionist. But the reason why she's that way is so that when the performance happens, there can be that sense of fun because it's in your body and it is almost not robotic in like a derogatory or pejorative sense, like, but it's already there, and so you can survive and live and thrive in what is happening in the moment. It's on the largest scale. It's the whole idea of like knowing the rules to break them or yeah, she is our best performer, especially in those moments when at the show, I mean everyone was noticing like that she just knows where every yep shot and frame is down to like looking up at the like to serve it up to a drone. Is I don't know how to do that? No, I don't know how any if, if anyone besides Beyonce knows how to do that so effortlessly.
Speaker 2: I mean, and also like we were there at the show she was finding those cameras. I mean like that was one of the things I clocked at the London show, which was in the documentary. Yes, oh wow, yes it was because she was wearing the London There were two outfits that they show Break My Soul from London definitely, and they show the movie Girl Girl. In many ways, I was on the shoar very that, but but there was I was. That was one of the things I was blown away with when I was there. Was I was like, there's like this one moment where like a camera flies over her head on like it's like a suspended camera and she looks up at it and makes eye contact with it, and I'm like, with everything that is going on, how do you pinpoint the exact three D spatial coordinates of something that's like up in the air.
Speaker 1: No, do you know what I'm saying? Yeah, that is hard. It's hard to find that one eye line one hundred thou inc. And that's just a commitment to the just pinpoint accuracy of every decision. It's just a flawless piece of art. Almost feels too small. It's like it is just such a feat of culture. That's really what it is. It is a moment in culture.
Speaker 2: And to even say that on this podcast where we talk about that, yeah, this is just like this. Actually, the Renaissance World Tour is actually winning an award right now?
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: We're actually really thrilled to announce that the Renaissance World Tour is winning the Pinnacle Award. There will only be there will only be three given out in our lifetime, and today we have awarded the Pinnacle Award to Beyonce for the Renaissance World Tour.
Speaker 1: There are only two more allowed.
Speaker 2: It's like the horre Crukses, the Deathitely Hallows How. It's like the Deathly Hallows hun It's like the hor Crutches were.
Speaker 1: Do you think there might be a special moment at next year's Cultural Awards in honor to honor Renaissance World Tours Pinnacle Award.
Speaker 2: I think the Pinnacle Award is being given to the Renaissance World Tour, and there will be.
Speaker 1: A moment in the show. I'm very excited about that, which is not yet planned or confirmed. Speaking of moments, I actually thought about this and I did not consult with you. What I think we should announce something on this episode? What is it? I think we should announce that because you're doing it and you're still not running it by me. Well, what is it? Oh? Yeah, wow, that's amazing. No, we don't, don't cut around it. This is they want to see the BTS. They love the friendship. Yes, okay. So if now for any reader's kidies publicist finalists who have tapped out because they said, I don't want to listen to this bad sound quality episode, this is what they're missing. You missed out on something major. So for all of you who are sticking with us in this episode, thank you, and this is your reward. As we're approaching our four hundred episode, we can now announce that the four hundred episode special will be called Iconic four hundred, the four hundred people of Culture. These are the top four hundred most iconic people I would say, living or dead or yet to be born in the culture, Realistic or fictional and that was my surprise to you. Now, can we announce number four hundred? No, we can't. We can't, but just to say this, we know who number four hundred is and it's and it will start the list off in a way that will make you say, I'm going to keep guessing. Oh, that is the perfect description. No one saw that one hundred is. I think this person deserves the spot one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: This person is a legend, beacon, a legend, a vibe. This person is vibe style.
Speaker 1: Everything you said you said, I said a gender, Well that's okay, okay, but this person is a vibe, multidisciplinary legend, a talent, a huge talent, no matter in what context. Oh god, it's very hard. It's so hard to be kg about this. But needless to say, we are very excited. I know exactly the moment where we came up with this. When was that we were in London on our way to the airport to go to Berlin. Yes, I felt it in my and I've been thinking about an iconic four hundred. I'm so excited for this, and we hope you are too. And it's coming up. Yeah, it's probably like in a few months. It might be I'm gonna venture to say bless you, thank you so much, queen for a part episode. I think it might even be more part special. Okay, we're gonna have to fly through it.
Speaker 2: If it's for because that per episode, Yeah, that would mean even if we spent one minute on every single person, and that would be in an hour.
Speaker 1: And okay, it might be five. It might be the whole week. It might be a whole week of lost Culture. It might be a Monday through Friday, so Joway, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Each day of the week you get an episode. Oh my god. And the way that people were like, they're gonna flop soon. So why people were like they're going into their flop era. They have seen their best days. Like, there's no way the podcast can be better. It's not iconic. There are flops. Everyone was saying flops. But this is a more substantial, important, prestigious list than Time one hundred, Oh, I'll forget it, forty forty Forbes Forbes. This is the list of people animals. Now it's a real curble bitch. I kind of four D includes animals, whoa beings, anything with the spirit is eligible to be on the list. Can I say, who's not on the list? Mother God Amy Carlson is not on the list, And she she would say, if she were still alive, she'd say, oh, well, all these other people who are on the list are actually me. You can't this is what I'm saying. You cannot reason with people like her. But it's what's crazy is that she gets multiple a big group of people who agree with her and say, yes, you are communicating through Robert Williams. Yes, you are like the next Whitney Houston. It's it's so unbelievable what drugs can due to your brain. I'm sorry, I'm being such I'm being so dare right now. I'm being so dare pilled. I'm like, drugs are bad. Maybe I don't even know if it's drugs. I have to say, because can I ask you a question? Serious question?
Speaker 2: And sorry to even bring him up, but if Donald Trump said I spoke to Robin Williams last night in my dream and he told me that this is true, there would be a lot of his followers that would be like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course no, it is like lost people. Yeah, And it makes me sad that this is the human condition. It makes me really said that this is the human condition. And it also like I just want to reach out. Can I say, if you're in a cult, reach out and touch somebody. Now you sound a little cult dish, yeah, but I would have a cool cult. You would have a cool cult. What would it be called? Amazing cult?
Speaker 2: Having a cult with the word cult in the name was the countiest thing of all cut County culty.
Speaker 1: County culty cult. It should be called amazing cult counter culture. Now amazing cults may go with your first instinct.
Speaker 2: All right, Well it's called amazing cult. So by the time this airs will have performed my song Rockefellersena on the Today Show with Hoda and Jenna looking on.
Speaker 1: We hope it went good. We hope it went good. If it went terribly, we're so sorry. Yeah. I don't think it will go terribly, though. I think we're gonna kind of eat and slay. It does not get more full circle than this. You wrote a song Bitch about Rockefeller Senna and about the people who work there, and then you end up working there and we ended up performing it there in front of people who are name checked in the song. Literally you did that. You know, there's rumors that I might have to fly around Rockefeller Center and get content with other people mentioned in the song so that they can sit together music video. But yeah, oh my god, I don't know who is going to be in it, Honey. We're gonna find out, honey. It is. It is a living building. So watch that on YouTube.
Speaker 2: They'll have posted it, honey, if you didn't see it yesterday live on the Today Show.
Speaker 1: Hoda and Jenna talked to us after.
Speaker 2: I think, oh, we're going to have an interview and have an interview if they don't know you're coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they might have the surprise ruin for them because we have to rehearse this and they're gonna put it on the monitors, and I think Hoda and Jenna have the monitors. I think they're going to be seeing the monitors. I wanted to quickly touch on a couple other things before we guess. I don't think so, honey, because we have not yet wrapped up the Morning Show. We've had so many other present matters. I guess I just want to, I guess apologize because I was incorrectly informed that something happens in the finale of the Morning Show. That was the craziest thing that's ever happened on the show, And I would say.
Speaker 2: That, like, in totality, I think the craziest thing that's ever happened on the show is Bradley Jackson being at the insurrection getting found out by the FBI and going to prison. That's probably, in totality, the craziest thing has ever happened. But nothing in the finale was like singular insanity in the way that I think I set it up and was assuming it would be. And I want to apologize for that, because you certainly the ninth episode was better than the tenth episode.
Speaker 1: Certainly, but I don't think you have anything to apologize for. You set it up that way based on what someone else had told you. Yeah, and I think that that person articulated to me.
Speaker 2: The season wraps up in the craziest way a season has, which I think is debatable actually, but.
Speaker 1: Then I guess season of any television show. That show. I think the season two finale was bonkers.
Speaker 2: It was for sure bonkers. I think Bradley at the Insurrection just those wow can you how can you top that? I mean, we're gonna find out. I wonder because that's one of the craziest moments in American history. Yeah, and so like it. It's stranger than fiction. You cannot make up something crazier than that. Maybe close second is Bradley Jackson going to space?
Speaker 1: I think so here's my question, Bradley in prison? Are her roots growing in red? Are her roots growing in red? Wait? I'm so sorry. I was under the impression that her natural hair color was blonde and that she dyed her hair red for what she dyed her hair red for her Adirondack Conservative Channel. Yeah, she was getting just off the shelf color anyway, what.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that's what they would say. Well, first of all, if we're to look at Riese's actual roots, she's a brunette queen of course.
Speaker 1: I mean love Reese is one of those actors who can look good at any hair, any hair. Her and hem stone face for wigs, face for wigs, good for them. Not everyone has that anyway, Yeah, I mean Morning Show. I think it sort of ended up with a whimper. Every episode was a bang yep, and so it's still my favorite show. Can't wait for season four? Are we going to see Bradley on trial? Are we going to see her in Are we gonna see her broken out of jail? I mean what? Certainly now they've made it really easy to shoot Jennifer and Rae separately. Certainly there was a scene in the finale that the friends I was with were like, oh, they're not together in the same room, and I was like, are you serious? Which one it was? When Alex goes over to Bradley's apartment. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: It's very possible, And it's crazy because their acting is so like good in that moment, They're like, I wonder if they're together.
Speaker 1: To think about them doing that with a stand in blew me Away? I mean, these are these after for good.
Speaker 2: They're so good. Speaking of good acting, we talked about it last week. I can't believe how big and how large May December is looming in the culture.
Speaker 1: It is a hit. I mean, if something ends up on Netflix, it's getting seen. I have to.
Speaker 2: Say Charles Melton won the Gotham for Supporting Performance. For him, I believe he is a contender for the win absolutely.
Speaker 1: And now I'm pretty I'm pretty feeling pretty good about Natalie and Juliet too. It has to feel to share a trophy with him. I guess we do share a trophy with him, the award. Wow, I believe the same trophy, different categories, different ears, but the same material of trophy, troph which is a heavy trophy that one. Where's yours? You display awards? I don't, I don't. I don't. I have the Culture ICA's Culture Award on my office shelf. But I don't want to. I don't want to be that person. And nothing wrong with that person. I just don't think that. Can I say I'm gonna be that?
Speaker 2: Yes, if I ever, if I ever win awards, they'll be They'll be somewhere in the house, absolutely more for me than anyone else.
Speaker 1: More to be like, hey, look you did it, girl. I have not had that. I don't have people over. And so I'm saying it's like if I display something, it's probably not for other people. Period. Well that's not really true if you're We're in Bowen's sort of iconic apartment and I have to say, my one just went to the bathroom for a minute and I tried every chair.
Speaker 2: These are unbelievable. The dining room chairs are unbelievable. He's got several different couches that are so comfortable. Look at that piece under your television.
Speaker 1: It's so long. Oh that's the son of soundbar. Oh you what, No, no, no, I'm talking about the console.
Speaker 2: But the console anyway. I'm just such a fan of everything you've done here with the place, Queen.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Queen. Alvin Wayne worked with Alvin Wayne. I want a true deer. I wanted to say, where do you sit on Kyle versus Sutton? Can I reveal that I am behind on Beverly Hills. I hear it's really picking up. Beverly Hills is great. There there are proxy wars happening, is what I hear. But Kyle versus Sun, I think Sutton. I mean, we talked about Sutton on the last episode. I am concerned. I don't know if she's turning around for herself on the show. But I also not you know, I'm not like standing Kyle. I never really have. I don't really maybe I don't really care about this fight. Okay, So basically Kyle being the protagonist of the real housewise of Beverly Hills. I think that if you're a fan from Go, which I am, you kind of have to care because it's like Kyle and Mowe. So it's like they're Kyle mounting is So basically the thing is like Sutton is being very like, what's going on, what's going on? What's going on?
Speaker 2: And Kyle's like, you're not being sensitive because Kyle ha stopped drinking and started working out a lot, and she's you know, things are going on. She's now got this very close friendship quote unquote with Morgan Wade, this country singer who's got a lot of tattoos. Kyle's getting a lot of tattoos without telling her husband or anyone. She's just kind of really doing her own thing. And Sutton is like, what's going on in your life? What's going on in your life? Like being very invasive. And I think Kyle's problem is like, you know, you don't have a light to stand out to treat me like this, You're not being a friend, You're not being sensitive, like if something's going on, like, let me just handle my shit the way that I am and trust that I'll tell you in time.
Speaker 1: So can I just say the discourse about Kyle and Sutton. First of all, I'll say about Sutton High High's lo lows totally Hi High Lolo's on this show, and it's hard to cape for a housewife like that in general on any face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Kyle, I would say high Hi's lolos too, But here's Sun's.
Speaker 1: Southern girl prone to dramatics. Yeah, in a fun way that works for reality TV, but it just in terms of like signing with her, I think, well, she could never be like the lead of the show, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Sudden is like this like orbital that comes in and out and you're just like it's like an agent of chaos almost where you're like, I don't really understand this woman's reality and so I don't ever know what she's going to give. Whereas Kyle has been the star of the show for thirteen years and she is so audience stand in like that you really feel connected to her in that way. I would say that one thing that hasn't been featuring into the show that much, which I think people should consider when they come on a side of Sutton or Kyle with this whole thing is Kyle and trigger warning, her best friend took her own life, like right before the season started, And I think, like, if someone wants to stop drinking or start working out, or make changes or like their relationship changes because of something they've went through, like jumping to call it a midlife crisis feels weird to me. Like, and I don't like the way the women on the show are talking about Kyle's not drinking like it sucks for them. If if someone not drinking is a problem for you, that is a problem for you. That is a serious problem for you. And I haven't loved the way Garcella's talked about it something for sure, all of them, and like even Deurt who's like doing her best to do her job as a housewife. It's just like, I feel like what's being lost in this show is that Kyle suffered an immense personal tragedy and if you don't understand what she's going through, like probably the best way to handle it is not to put her under a short cooker like this. But that's my thoughts on Beverly Hills. I haven't even watched Potomac.
Speaker 1: Did not watch last night. I couldn't care. I read I skimmed through the Vulture recap. Recapper for Potomac is doing excellent work. But I don't envy her job because I think she has a lot of She's just watching a lot of bummer footage. Yeah, it seems like this whole necka Wendy thing is still going on, and it's really tough. I feel like it's gonna go on for a while. Salt Lake, God, thank goodness, what a blessing. It's a blessing. And Miami also a blessing. I would say, I.
Speaker 2: Would say all those shows are blessings. I have an opportunity to be on a podcast coming up called The Brav Bros. It's two straight men who talk about bro they are so they're really good, and they're really good there.
Speaker 1: I could listen to them talk about this all day.
Speaker 2: So I'm going on their show. And they offered one spot to talk about Potomac and Southern Charm and another to talk about Miami, Beverly Hills and Salt Lake, and I was like, it has to be the latter because I will not talk about for tom now.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting into it. It's evil, evil, evil, evil, ugly, ugly.
Speaker 2: I wanted to say I saw the color purple. I'm going to withhold my review until it's closer. Okay, lots of great things, a couple things to discuss, Okay, but let's just say no one has anything to worry about about these goddamn performances.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 2: The performances are shining bright. I would give it a big old see it when it comes out on Christmas, and we'll talk more about it as it comes. But I did see it.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to say that I have seen it since I said I was going to see it last time.
Speaker 2: I've seen it much to say, this is a moment in color purple. If I get the sense of what the vibe in the screening I saw was, this will be.
Speaker 1: A moment in culture. I can't wait. And I guess that's really it. I guess other than that, it's time to do I don't think so, honey, unless you have any cultural addendums. Well, I was maybe thinking about doing this right and think someone, but I think let's just I just want to say this now, speaking of the morning show, Oh this is my I don't think so, honey. Oh the great is it? Juliana? And then mine is much less of the bummer? Okay? Cool? Yeah? Great? And then I'll start with you. Yeah, we'll start with me. This is I don't think, so, honey.
Speaker 2: One minute to rant against something in culture and look it's just fucking too much.
Speaker 1: At this point, I gotta here you go. This is Matt Rogers. I don't think how many a time starts now, I don't think so. Honey, Juliana are released. You should have kept your mouth shut on that podcast, because now we hear you saying with your full chest you're I'm sorry, but those were racist things that you were saying. That was ridiculous. The way that she was referring to, the way she said the black disgusting. These people that want us to call them they them, It's like, fuck you say, you say you respect people so much less without even I mean, it's not even without even saying you said it. Also to drop this imagery of people getting their fucking heads cut off and like kicked around like a soccer ball. Can I just say, if Susan Sarandon.
Speaker 2: Is being dropped by her agency for what she said, where is the movement on this with Juliana Argolis? And you know what, here's why, because she's probably making the agency a lot of money and that's bullshit, and like, this is a much bigger topic. But if we're going to do something about Sarandon, do something about this.
Speaker 1: I don't think about everybody who is suffering some professional consequence for being propus. I'm sorry, but you know what, especially in a world where you can filter what someone actually said through something and then report on it. This was on a podcast. You heard her say it with her full chest, And where is the movement? Where are the consequences? I'm not seeing them. I am not seeing them. It's so so. I mean the disturbing thing, like the disturbing addendum to it all is like her saying that I'm more offended as a lesbian than I am as a Jew. You are such a moron, like she doesn't. This woman's grasp on reality is like not there. My view on it is just that, like I'm processing images and news in a way that I'm trying to detach as much as possible from social media. I'm obviously learning, I'm being very informed by it, as we all are. But I think if you're at all able to have conversations offline, I think that is, on its face, there's a higher floor there, I think than what can be done on social media. And I think what's driving people to say really wild things like maybe what Juliana Margley is saying on podcasts is I think her feet is probably completely infected by bullshit like what she repeated on that podcast. I think you're probably right shocking. I mean, they them. Her language was shockingly disgusting. She fucking sucks and that's what she believes. That's what she believes in that apology. I don't buy for one second.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry, but this bad faith conflation with wanting human rights for people in Palestine and in Gaza with anti semitism has got to stop.
Speaker 1: Also, I don't think somebody holler a reporter for still confusing me and Joel can Booster in an article about this whole Juliana Markley's thing. An article, How funny is that? How ironic is that? It made me so upset?
Speaker 2: It's an article reporting on racism, and then you do the racist bullshit of Saturday.
Speaker 1: The second time, give like, this is your job, these trades, this is your fucking job. But to get this shit right, you know, we're not going to talk about that show, and then like when one of the stars says something like that, just be like we'll skip around it. That would be I would make me really feel uncomfortable. Okay, I have.
Speaker 2: Something Girleena magoo, I have something, Bowen has something. This is Bowen Yang's I don't think's funny this time starts now. I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 1: I wasn't able to put my poor thing screener onto my Apple TV. Why I need to be able to watch this on a larger screen than my computer? Issues girl, And all week I'm going into work wanting to compliment Emma on what might win hert another Oscar period and her team was kind of to send everybody at work a link, and I was We were all so excited. We were like, oh my god, I would love Maybe I'll have people over and we can watch. We can want thirty seconds. It couldn't happen. All I could do was chrometast it. I'm sorry. I only have certain Google things in my house. I don't want to do a little chrome cast dongle on my television. Fifteen. I can't believe that this is getting in the way of my viewing experience. I'm not going to watch the latest your Ghosts on a small screen period. Okay, this is cinema of the highest order. Five. I need to experience it as such. And if I can't do it in a theater with other cinophiles and other movie lovers. Then I want to do it in the comfort on my own hall, but not from the comfort of a hot computer on my chest. That is one minute, and I think that's just a sign that you're going to have to experience Yugoslanthemos's Poor Things in theaters I'm starring. I don't mind more and more I'm just saying and willing to foe. Let's not forget and romy yusif I'm just saying, I was so invigorated by the promise of being able to watch Poor Things from my own couch. I couldn't do that, and it was a huge disappointment the fact that the screener technology still is not there. It's so stupid. Stop sending DVDs. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Is like, if you're in SAG or WGA, you know this, But if you're someone listening at home, can you actually believe they still send physical copies of all these things and no one has a DVD player to watch them. I guess it's for the older membership members. But even so, like the older members know how to use a computer.
Speaker 1: Period also, do their computers have dis drives anymore.
Speaker 2: That's another thing is this was like, first of all, even if you are an older member of the Academy or of some guild and you are traditionalists and you like to use the DVD, it's like, Okay, the times are changing, Yeah, they're changing. Now it's a link you can click instead of physical DVD.
Speaker 1: It makes it way easier. Anyway, girl, I just feel like I'm being fucking blue balled here with good movies. I'm so excited to see it. I cannot wait. I saw the first like I mean, I pressed play because I had to on my computer. I was like, what, I all, just like see the first couple of moments of this, and of course I'm drawn in. Everyone I talked to I said, it's the performance of the year. Of course, I'm like fifteen minutes ago by it, I'm like, I can't. I had to stop myself, and I'm really proud of myself to be like, no, I'm watching this on a big screen. But the first moments of the film, I'm like, what is going on? Oh my god? What is that? What There's a little goosehead on a fucking dog body. Oh my god. Like I was Joe and Yang was just acting. He went somewhere, listen to my voice, this queen, I need my instrument. Christmas is like a high wire act for all of us, but especially for Matt obviously, but all of us are here being like our kay needs to sing. The album has crossed two million streams. Thank you club, two million club. My one song, I Don't Need It to be Christmas at All is right now at one point five million streams. It has been the sleeper hit. This is the power of the Spotify playlist.
Speaker 2: Please come to the show, everybody. We're having such a fun time with the show. The band is a sleigh in the hand.
Speaker 1: The gay strangers. Give it up to the gay strangers. Talk about in Boston, this person in a Wrinch costume. Someone was in a Grinch costume.
Speaker 2: You brought them on stage and I so, I'm not gonna reveal how I start the number, but let's just say I wasn't even there. A special guest came out to sing how to Swim Inhoville, and she saw that someone in the audience was dressed as the Grinch.
Speaker 1: Christine Baransky, No, it wasn't her. It was to Christine Bbransky played in the movie. She actually showed up. It's like a Santa Fe. For a second, I thought you were gonna say that a grown up CINDI lu who And I thought fucking Taylor Momson, Taylor, Miss Taylor Momson.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, let's just say I leave the stage and then someone else comes back out. Okay, I see, I just sing who Will? And there was someone dressed as a Grinch and I pointed to him. I mean she pointed to him and said get up here. And there was a strip tease moment. It was hot, sexy and more and more.
Speaker 1: And the shows have been really fun and I love doing it with the band. It's just great. He's crowds. Look, the crowds have been amazing.
Speaker 2: I signed vinyls after the show, So if you come, you can buy a vinyl and some other merchant I'll sign it for you. We can hang out for a sec and you can go to www. Dot Matt rodgersofficial dot com for tickets and tour info and more.
Speaker 1: Girl is it official? Now? Have you beat the SEO and argue you the first Matt Rodgers that comes up. I actually that's happened for quite a bit of time. I knew it. I don't think we ever celebrated that. I mean, that's that's fine, and we all love and respect to the other. Matt Rodgers is of the internet. You are all legends who have been all legends. But for now I'm really toasting it to my girl, who deserves her Google flowers. We just got a text from Mamas who Connect, which is our text chain with Joekin Booster, and he said, Karen's tagline is up. There is one of the most nonsense taglines in history. Most of these women are despicable. It's impossible to enjoy now. With the exception of Karen, Candace and Wendy. We love you guys, but everyone else is Actually I thought to tell its evil as an evil person. I just told him. We just read this on the podcast Live Love It. We love that.
Speaker 2: Joel has to come back soon. Joel's time for your return. They're clamoring.
Speaker 1: They're thinking, we're Bethan on the raddit.
Speaker 2: Why because he hasn't been on a tenth time. So they're like, they're beething, you are ridiculous.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, We don't know you never look at the raddit. We love you love y'all, Love y'all, be yourselves. We end every episode with the song It seems to me you live your life like Candon no Wind, never knowing who to claim to Hell no what of its have known you. I was just the.
Speaker 2: Kid you candle burned out before.
Speaker 1: Legend who who oo boo boo boo Yeah Bashi m hm