Speaker 1: Do you think the quarterback will throw for more than three hundred yards? How about that receiver in Miami you grabbing a touchdown? It doesn't matter, right. DraftKings Pick six It's a great game. It's so much fun. It's the newest way to compete against others and play fantasy football.
Speaker 2: To win cash with Draft.
Speaker 1: Kings, basically, just pick a player and you choose if they'll have more or less than a stat Like let's say we're gonna pick Eddie. We'll have more or less than one yard receiving. I'd go less over, I'd go less right. We can't pick Eddie, but I would go less yards or touchdowns or catches. Get your picks right and you win cash, real life money. Download the new Draft Kings Pick six app Now, it's a new app.
Speaker 2: This is a separate app. Use the code Bobby Sports.
Speaker 1: The code is Bobby Sports for new customers to play five bucks and get fifty bucks and Pick six credits guaranteed. Plus you get one month of NFL plus Premium on us off for expires nine to nineteen only on DraftKings Pick six. The crown Azurs gambling problem called one hundred Gambler Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org and Connecticut must be eighteen plus. Age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario.
Speaker 2: Voider prohibited.
Speaker 1: See terms at Pick six dot DraftKings dot com slash promos. One per new customer reward issued is fifty dollars a non with drawable Pick six credits that expire in six months. NFL Plus Premium offer available only to new and former NFL Plus subscribers. Additional NFL Plus Premium teams at NFL dot com slash terms.
Speaker 3: It's a podcast, Come twenty five West Stocking fun Fill and they are whizz so yet too bad, But what did you expect?
Speaker 4: It's a podcast, Come twenty five.
Speaker 5: Wis sol twenty line wheel.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you guys being here. Got a big show and we're gonna start.
Speaker 1: Off with I mean quite possibly are how We've had a few big guests, but a tier guests. Steven Asmith is a tier for sure, for sure. So that's what we're gonna start with here in New York. We're at Fanatics Fest, and we spent some time with Steven A. Smith and he hates the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 6: He's very open about that.
Speaker 1: He's ESPN's biggest personality by far at this point, probably highest paid, but he hates the Cowboys so much. And Eddie still had him after the interview signed his Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Had on purpose. It is pretty funny. Okay, let's get the show started here with Steven A. Smith.
Speaker 3: Here with Steven A.
Speaker 1: Smith, which I have to say, listening to your podcast now, do you feel freer to be able.
Speaker 3: To talk about other things?
Speaker 1: Because obviously I love hearing your takes on sports, but to hear you talk politics and pop culture, like, is that refreshing for you to be able to spread out now?
Speaker 7: Well, for me is what I wanted to do. It's what I've always wanted to do. I certainly understand that that's not necessarily the right place to do those kind of things for ESPN. It's a sports network. And I remember specifically before twenty twenty round twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, when so many things were going on and Jimmy Pittaro came in as president of ESPN. You know, his whole thing to get us as a network back and focused on giving the sports fans what they come to ESPN the C and if we're being you know, as somebody that's considered the face of the network, it's my obligation to highlight when the boss is right. We did do that. We got away to some degree from giving the audience what they came to ESPN the C. So I was in complete support of him in terms of redirecting our focus back to making sure that when folks come to a sports network buy and large, that's exactly what the hell you're giving them. But in the same breath, I think that when you walk away from that to those particular channels and you're out here living your own life, you're paying taxes, you're dealing with crime, you're dealing with so many different things that are going on in the real world. I wouldn't call it an obligation, but it is a good thing to do to show that your social conscious, you're paying attention to what's going on and you're not one dimensional in terms of what you think about and what you feel. And so I like the idea of having a platform like my podcast Slash Show, where over iHeartRadio over YouTube. I'm really showing the world what's on my mind on a day to day basis that in some cases extend beyond the parameters and sports.
Speaker 1: Is it different going viral to a new crowd when you have an opinion that's not sports, Because I'm sure you say something sports, it goes viral. It's the same people yelling at you. But I see you go viral for all kinds it takes.
Speaker 3: Now, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: You know, it's a lot of fun when I'm doing pop culture and entertainment. For the most part, it wasn't fun when I had to talk about p Diddy. It wasn't fun when I had to talk about Will Smith. It wasn't fun when I had to talk about Jada Pinkett. But it was the news, and I thought that it was important to touch on those things to provide a perspective, because I'm not out here trying to insult or character assassinate anybody. But it's important that when some body does something wrong, including myself, that we're willing to highlight and point out what you did wrong.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 7: I think that a lot of times in our society what makes us very very cruel, And I would say irresponsible is when we use any little thing as a means to character assassinate somebody. You make a mistake, and that's who you are. You make a mistake, that's who you are. Know it isn't it's what you did in this particular instance. So what you made that mistake, somebody points it out. Tomorrow, do you do something good, and we'll point that out. And that's what I try to do because as a journalist, as a personality, as somebody that's been in media for the last thirty years, I know the responsibility that I have and one of the biggest responsibilities that I have is to be fair and to make sure that what you do and your worst possible moment doesn't define who you are. And a lot of times you have people, particularly in the world of politics, well, if you're black and you're talking about somebody that's a Republican, well they must be a racist. No they're not. That's wrong. Don't do that. You know you disagree with them when this issue attack that issue.
Speaker 3: Well, now, if there's a there's no nuance you're there's a body of.
Speaker 7: Work that is indicative of what you are, then that's different. But on a case by case basis, and the same thing with you know on the liberal side. You know when conservatives say certain things, I'm not about that. It's about Okay, today, this is what the story is. Tomorrow it might be something else. Next week it might be something else. Let's go on a case by case basis because we can all. I think we all find out we got common ground and we'll get far more of us would get along than people realize. I truly believe that.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Three final things Olympics. First, the twenty twenty four basketball team. Do you feel like they did what they went out to do? Serbia game is obviously pretty close? Did you expect there to be close games? And then secondly, what's who's the twenty twenty eighteen.
Speaker 7: I expected the games to be relatively close. I didn't expect it to be the nail biden that it was against Serbia. I didn't expect them to struggle against France to way that they did. And then Steph Curry exploded in both games. I expected Steph Curry to look better rian to the semifinals in a gold medal game, but that didn't happen. I expected Jason Tatum to play more that didn't happen. There were a couple of things that you could look at, but overall bottom line is USA went to France to win a gold medal, and they brought home the gold medal. So they did their thing. As it retains to twenty twenty eight. You won't see Lebron there. You probably won't see KD there, you won't see Steph there. But I do think you'll see Anthony Edwards. I do think you'll see Tatum. I think yeah, because I don't think Steve curR be coaching in twenty twenty eight. I don't think he'd be coaching the team. I don't think Jason Tatum is going to if Steve Curr's coaching, and I wouldn't blame him after that experience to be quite interested, because I don't listen. Steve Kerr is one of the great great coaches this game has ever seen. But there's no excuse in hell that you can walk up to Jason Tatum before a game and say, I might I might not have time to play you today. He is one of the greatest players in the world and a reigning defending NBA champion who's been a first team All NBA player. The last three years. And by the way, two guys and Drew Holliday and Derek White who deferred to him for eighty two games during the regular season. In the postseason, you finding Tom for them, but not him. Jason Tatum could play four different positions on the basketball court. How do you excuse not finding Tom for him? And that's why he looks so bad when you did put him in because he never knew when he was gonna play, and he couldn't catch any rhythm or anything like that. So I look at it from that standpoint, but it is what it is. At the end of the day, they came home with the golden That's what matters most.
Speaker 3: Last question is Steven A.
Speaker 5: Smith.
Speaker 6: You talk about getting along and all of us getting along.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about my Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: I want truth.
Speaker 3: I want the truth, Stephen A.
Speaker 4: Smith.
Speaker 6: I want the real, honest opinion of my Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This season.
Speaker 5: They're gonna suck this year.
Speaker 7: I don't think they're gonna I think they're gonna have a tough time making the playoffs. And I think even if they do make the playoffs, they gonna go home ear like they always do. You got Mike McCarthy there. I think this will probably be his last year coaching. It would is surprised I think that Dak Prescott is gonna get resigned. I don't think he deserves sixty million. I don't think when you've been a quarterback for eight years and you got two playoff victories to show for it, that you deserve sixty million dollars. I just don't believe that. I'm talking about sixty million per year. I don't believe that. But Jerry Jones will probably end up having to pay him anyway. And I think that in a hard cap league that is the National Football League, I think one of the changes that needs to take place is that we need to find see NFL teams become more sticklers for giving quarterbacks this kind of money because the money that you give them court you and prevents you from giving others money. And there's other people that deserve some of that cash. You know, listen to quarterback is the most important position. But the caveat that we've got to add to it is that if you produce, if you don't listen, there's a lot of quarterbacks that can get half of Dak Prescott's dollars and still win two playoff games in eight years. And so I look at it from that standpoint, and I'm about production. You got to be able to produce and get it done. And if you don't get it done, I'm not saying you deserve to be broke. I'm not saying that you don't deserve to be in the league. I'm not saying you don't deserve to be paid. But we don't need to be spending that an ordinate amount of money on quarterbacks that don't know how to win in January. We don't need to be doing that.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like the paulpe they're cheering out there all right here.
Speaker 3: That Steven A. Smith Show on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Also the by the way, Congress New York has bestseller Thanks, It's a A plus, A memoir, Straight Shooter, I memboir of Second Chances, the first six Big Fan, Appreciate you doing appreciated else?
Speaker 3: Steven A. Smith, Everybody, all right?
Speaker 1: The cool thing about to pick six is the payouts. Like you've picked between two and six players, right, So let's say you pick three players and each player you're picking you go over or under a specific stat and that stat can be touchdowns or catches, or you'll be like, I Betty goes over eight catches this game, Well that's a lot of catches. I would say probably under for most catches if it's if it's eight. But that's what you do in the DraftKings Pick six app. It's very simple, and it feels so simple that I feel like I'm gonna make a ton of money. But that's usually how I end up losing because I think it's too simple. But download the new DraftKings Pick six app. Use the code Bobby Sports Gambling problem called one hundred. Gambler help Us available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org in Connecticut. Must be eighteen plus. Age and eligibility restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario. Void or prohibited c terms at Pick six dot DraftKings dot com. Slash promos one per new customer, reward issues fifty dollars and non withdrawal will Pick six credits to expire in six months. NFL Plus Premium offer available only to new and former NFL Plus subscribers additional NFL Plus premium terms at NFL dot com slash terms.
Speaker 8: Here is Super Bowl forty three champion Ryan Clark from when we were at Fanatics Fest as well. Ryan played thirteen seasons in the NFL as a safety, was known for his hard hitting style of play that probably wouldn't last nowadays. He's one of the biggest faces of ESPN now when it comes to NFL analysis and big thanks to Ryan.
Speaker 4: Coming on.
Speaker 8: Here is Ryan Clark too, too.
Speaker 3: Too, Ryan yours?
Speaker 5: Can I sing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You want me to say?
Speaker 3: The question is can you like? Will you?
Speaker 5: But I absolutely cannot?
Speaker 3: But I will, Okay, Ryan?
Speaker 4: I did have a question about that though.
Speaker 6: What's the one song you know every word too?
Speaker 9: I know every word to a lot of songs, but my go to karaoke is the Cheers theme song?
Speaker 3: Wa who karaoke? Who even has that in the machine?
Speaker 5: I don't think I don't. I actually don't think people do. I just know about heart.
Speaker 3: You just go singing a cappella listen.
Speaker 9: I can't saying no way, So it don't matter if they got their music or not, but it does it makes.
Speaker 5: People feel welcome.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just that's like you know, you say karaoke song, I get up and sing Yankee Doodle and you're like, that's in karaoke, like anybody knows it, but you know.
Speaker 5: But right, so what's the key to karaoke?
Speaker 9: Have a singing but singing a song that at some point everyone can join in or people of our era, the young kids obviously they don't, but anybody our age. Once you get to where everybody knows, everybody knows that part and they sing with you, and now you don't sound as terrible as.
Speaker 1: You did, bef when they sing with you. You don't sound as terrible when.
Speaker 5: They sing with you when you're singing by yourself.
Speaker 1: You still okay, let me ask you about people thinking you are suck or are awesome? Okay, Now that you are having opinions publicly a lot of the time of media, right, you have a lot to say. That's different because if people don't agree, but you can go viral for many reasons now but based on your opinions, Yeah, different than when you played, especially how because when you played well, social media wasn't as in your face. Yeah, but now if you say something that you have a hot take that people will let you know, how is that Ben Haws that adjustment been to everybody having a voice.
Speaker 9: You know what, I think everybody having a voice is cool. I mean, I think that's what our country wants and wants to give people the ability to have. And also it's also something I think if people are entitled to based on our freedoms and rights. Now, as far as the criticism, the criticism is something you allow. If I don't want people to hear me, I could just shut the hell up or block them.
Speaker 5: But it's not even that right because here's the thing.
Speaker 9: Because of my jobs, I'm gonna talk, right, I'm gonna answer questions, like my job is to get my opinion.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of times I'm not the one.
Speaker 9: Putting it out there on social media, or I don't expect it to be on social media, and somebody that doesn't like it or that likes it clips it like it is what it is. The biggest part is being authentic to yourself, Like you can't tell me something about me that's true that I don't know, right, you can't tell me that I think this or feel this if I don't, and so to me, the opinions of the people who are outside who hear what I say or see me do something. They don't really matter to me because I'm only doing or saying what I want to do.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, I just block them. That's really good. I like what you say. It's a lot of integrity in that You're strong. I just block them.
Speaker 5: I only block people to protect them from me.
Speaker 9: Oh like, so if somebody says something to me that makes me want to be too honest with them, right, because like I'm sort of like, I just want to go look at your profile pick or I want to go look at the other things you tweet.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: It's like you, if you have any deficiencies that are visible through your words or your profile picture, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna kill you now I'm talking.
Speaker 9: And so I've gotten to the point now though, where that's bullying, right or.
Speaker 5: I'm punching down.
Speaker 9: And so if I get that feeling like I want to flame you, those are the people I block.
Speaker 1: Opinions on Let's go number one the Dallas Cowboys this season.
Speaker 5: Oh they're gonna suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, why why this time?
Speaker 5: But the thing is, though, so here's what's funny.
Speaker 9: The Dallas Cowboys have won twelve games the last three years, and no matter what we want to say about their playoff performances, the team hasn't sucked. The Dallas Cowboys haven't been a bad football team. At the end, there's a possibility this could be a bad football team. There's a possibility that this team won't make the playoffs, that teams like the Washington Commanders and New York Giants will be more on their level than they ever have been. Dak Prescott is talking about working on a deal. You lose dan Quinn, your defense coordinator, and your entire roster was built around what dan Quinn wants to do. You don't add another piece outside of Jake Ferguson. And so I do think you put this this squad who is either praised too highly they win or to me criticized too harshly when they lose. You put this team that's in the spotlight in a worse position because you haven't worked to make it better.
Speaker 1: Next up, Caleb Williams and what he is walking into in Chicago with that roster.
Speaker 9: The best position we've seen a rookie quarterback or number one overall pick walk into in the history of football, I think the only thing close to it would probably be Andrew Luck and that's because Peyton Manning was hurt the year before, which gave them that pick.
Speaker 5: We have to remember Chicago used Carolina's pick.
Speaker 9: Who could really use another number one pick to get the number one overall pick after playing better toward the end of the season building around him in the offseason. As far as GM Ryan Poles and his vision for some of the skilled players Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, DeAndre Swift, Roma Dunze, drafted Cole Comet at the tight end position, I think he has an opportunity to.
Speaker 5: Have a really good year.
Speaker 1: Any chance that JJ McCarthy injury could actually be a blessing in disguise.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think there's a chance we could see it that way, but I don't know if it is right. Like, if JJ McCarthy is really good year two on, are we gonna sit here and say he's really good because he didn't play last year? Or is the optimist and knee or the pessimists, I don't know which one it to be gonna say, Hell, he would have been good as a rookie. Imagine what he could be had he had that year of experience. But I do think the caution in which they are handling his injury is a blessing, saying, hey.
Speaker 5: Look, kid, take the year off, let's get healthy.
Speaker 9: Let's find a way for you to be back and better next offseason when you could play with one of the best wide receivers of football.
Speaker 3: How real is CJ. Stroud?
Speaker 5: The realist? Absolute realist. I think I separate Patrick Mahomes from all quarterbacks.
Speaker 9: I think he's the nominally right, Patrick Mahomes is Michael Jordan, like you should compare all the other players in Michael Jordan's eara outside of Michael Jordan.
Speaker 5: Patrick Mahomes is that. I think CJ.
Speaker 9: Stroud has an opportunity to win the MVP this year being the AFC Championship and sort of start a legacy in Houston like none we've ever seen, and which is what has been a very dysfunctional organization.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen with no wide receivers.
Speaker 5: Still a bad mother effer though, Josh Allen man.
Speaker 9: I think Josh Allen is so talented, I think he's so tough, but I also believe he needs to help. I think Josh Allen needs great players around him to protect him from himself, from forcing the ball into coverage, from trying to run the football too much, from trying to do too many things. And I think not to mention now defensively, Jordan Poyer is no longer there, Tredavis White, who had been injured, is no longer there.
Speaker 5: Matt Malano to me, who is their best player?
Speaker 9: Toyers is pectorial like this team is so just sort of at a deficit from a roster standpoint, I ain't compared to what they've been in years past. I think he'll struggle this year, not only with production, but with keeping himself from putting the team in bad position trying to do too much with all that talent.
Speaker 1: Jordan Love got paid. Yeah, who's his number one guy?
Speaker 9: I mean, I think it all depends on how you look at it. Romeo Dobbs would probably be my first answer. I think D'artavian Wicks is probably the most talented of the group. And I think somehow because maybe he's gotten money, or because we're trying to focused on who the number one guy is in a group of wide receivers where they don't really need a number one. We watched them play last year, and it's sort of like, throw the ball to the open guy.
Speaker 5: What a novel idea. Oh my gosh, he has the best matchup, he's wide ass open. Throw him the ball.
Speaker 9: Whereas we see so many times with these number one dudes, you get one hundred and eighty targets and forty of them are bad targets because we expect you to win.
Speaker 5: I think that team would be good.
Speaker 9: But also adding Josh Jacobs and Matt Lafleur, finally getting to run the offense he wants to run, not the one Aaron Rodgers okays.
Speaker 5: Is kind of what we saw the last half of the season.
Speaker 1: Final question when it comes to the NFL this coming season, like we're seeing a lot of things different, most visually is the kickoff role. Is this gonna be normal in like three weeks?
Speaker 3: This always gonna look weird?
Speaker 5: Does It's always going to look weird to people like us?
Speaker 9: But I do think it will get normal and we will want to normalize it when the play is no longer ceremonial. Right, think about it, We've all waited for the Super Bowl. We're fired up, and damn Harrison, Butcker kicks it eight yards and end zone, the.
Speaker 5: Dude takes you know what I mean, Like, that's what it was. It was a time for.
Speaker 9: Us to all stand up, snap pitchers or go get snacks. Whereas I think now, because there's ways to gain advantages if you're the kicking team as well also ways schematically to win in the dynamic kickoff if you're the return team, we'll see more.
Speaker 1: Exciting place not the final question at the bonus question, is Dak worth sixty million dollars?
Speaker 5: You're worth what they pay you?
Speaker 3: Well, Dak gets sixty million dollars close.
Speaker 5: Too, for sure. Yeah, here's my thing.
Speaker 9: If he does it now, No, they're talking about this deal getting done.
Speaker 5: He said it could be done.
Speaker 9: He wants it done before the season, and he says the talks are going well as close as it's ever been.
Speaker 5: I would only do that if I'm Jerry Jones.
Speaker 9: Is if I can get him to sign for what we're seeing Jordan Love and what Trevor Lawrence and those.
Speaker 1: Guys like high fifty five fifty Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: Because but if I wait, then yes, but if you sign now, no, you got to sign the deals these other dudes signed.
Speaker 5: What makes you worth sixty million When I'm competing.
Speaker 1: With myself, that he's just the latest dump.
Speaker 9: I mean, yeah, but that's that's such a huge joke though, right, Like, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe you think Dak's better than Joe Burrow. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't either.
Speaker 1: He does play though, Yeah, he's available for sure.
Speaker 9: But my point is I don't even like the Cowboys soot. If I'm negotiating the contract, that's what I say, Like, you're signing this deal now, the going rate is fifty five, You're gonna take fifty five if not, if I don't give a little to give you fifty.
Speaker 1: Six, big fans appreciate you, man, Thank you so much, you guys, sir. He's a former NFL linebacker. It's Channing Crowder. Channing played his entire career with the Dolphins. Now is a podcast with Fred Taylor and Ryan Clark called The Pivot Podcast, which is really good. Here he is Channing Crowder. So we were just talking to Fred and Fred said that you say wild stuff.
Speaker 3: He's crazy. He said, you're the crazy one.
Speaker 4: I do have a good time with life.
Speaker 1: What were you like as a kid, Damn, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have some questions. Oh I was always wild interceeding single mom. You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, so you had to you know what I'm saying. It was it was always a struggle. It was always you had to make it a you know, like almost crap or get off the pot.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And so that's where life was for me. So I always wanted to lighten everybody's life, and I think that's what built my personality. Was just every time I'm around somebody, I want you to leave the room in a better mental place than you walked in the room. If you're around me.
Speaker 3: Okay, well what if you're on the field.
Speaker 1: Obviously you're running the defense and middle linebacker.
Speaker 3: Did you talk a lot across the line?
Speaker 4: Oh? I talked to everybody cause it wasn't it really? And I've told my story. I can tell you all a bunch of stories. I talked trash for me and my teammates more than to hurt or feel.
Speaker 3: It wasn't so much at them. It was mostly for you.
Speaker 4: It was a blind like I didn't see people's faces when I played. I just saw a blank. It's you're trying to my coach tells me to get here. Your coach tells me, tells you not to let me get there. So it was a blank slate.
Speaker 3: But the the.
Speaker 4: Antics of it was to hurt your feelings. Why I got there, and it was just fun and it happened a lot of times. And I have a bunch of stories about guys I really got to and guys I couldn't get to, Like.
Speaker 3: Could you not crack?
Speaker 4: I couldn't crack johnasthan Ogden. I was talking trash to Jo, But how do you know you couldn't crack them? Because they laughed like he'd be like, and people would hear they'd be like, hey, they told me about you ray Rice when he was with it. And I know all the crap that happened with ray Rice, and we won't get into that. But there was guys that, like I used to try to get to and they look over and you'd see when I called your mom, you know your mom has herpes or your sister as simphilist and I would see it and they look at me and then they kind of smiled like, oh no, dudes, told me you're gonna say this and you're gonna try to hurt my feelings, so I'm not gonna let you. So then at that point, it was just fun. Now it's just it's just it's just the chess match of football. But yeah, I love I just love the interaction between people. I love the back and forth between people. And if you're going against me, I'm gonna try to hurt your feelings and see if I can get to you.
Speaker 1: I have a question regarding what we hear today about the Dolphins, if just Florida in general. With you playing college ball floor, you wrote just Florida guy, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guy, Yes, I'm from Atlanta, but I went to UF and then stayed out. Florida Dolphins. Yeah, I live on I'll never leave Miami. I'm gonna live in Miami the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: So here's my question about you. The perfect guy for this conversation. Athletes like a Tua or anybody with the Dolphins and it gets cold, it's they can't play in cold. Is that a real thing or is that a media thing.
Speaker 4: It's a real thing. It's a real thing. Early in the season two thousand and five six, the Denver Broncos, like were twelve and four. They went to the playoffs. We beat the hell out of in Miami because they came down to Miami. They couldn't play in one hundred degrees weather with all the humidity. And even last year you saw toua as soon as they I knew they were going to Kansas City and it was gonna be brutally eight degrees. I'm like, these dudes have never played in this. They can't play at the top level, especially how Mike McDaniel's offense is, that spread offense and that timing stuff with all the speed guys a four to three guy and eight degrees runs a four to five. So these no safety can sit with them. So it does to your question, it does. It does mean something, and that's what the Dolphins have to overcome. The Dolphins are gonna win ten, eleven, twelve games this year. They're gonna be at the worst ten and seven. They're gonna get to the playoffs. They're gonna have to play the Ravens, the Steelers, the Bengals, the the Chargers, the Chiefs. They're gonna have to play. The AFC has loaded, Uh, don't sleep on Shane Stikeen and three Richards and the Colts, don't sleep on Trevor Lawns and them. With that, the AFC is loaded right now, the Dolphins are gonna whoop a bunch of ass in the regular season, like we've seen for the last three years. They're gonna get to December in January and have to beat up on a very good team in the AFC. And that's what it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: But then, what can you do to make sure that whenever you go to the cold, you don't freeze like practice train in the cold. It's like when you guys would turn the volume up, like if you're going somewhere loud. Because if that's the case, how do you acclimate yourself by being involved?
Speaker 4: You can't really acclimate yourself. You have to figure out a way to play in that. And that's my one thing about the Dolphins that I tell people, and that I've even knowing Mike McDaniel. Like Mike McDaniel's been on our podcast. I've talked with him. I'm cool with him. I'm in South Florida. I actually I'm working on getting a opening a restaurant in hard Rock Stadium, like I'm always down there. I want to see a team that can load up in a I formation and run the ball straight down somebody's throat, because if you think about it. The Chiefs can do it with Protecco, that physical style of football, because he runs, he runs, asks what people do in the playoffs. The Ravens are already set up that way. Mike, Mike Tomlin a good friend of mine. Every time we have this conversation, he laughs because he knows that you're gonna have to at some point to win a Super Bowl be able to load up and just physically whoop somebody's ass. A weather thing like it's it, but it is a weather thing because it works better in that weather because you can't go out there and be glitzy and glamour and all that stuff and motioning and spreading the offense and bringing it back in and all the stuff that And it's a lot of people. Sean McVay does it. I love Sean McVay. Uh Raheem Morris in Atlanta. It's this new it's a new coaching tree that's going on right now because it's McDaniel, it's Kyle Shanahan, it's McVeigh, it's all these young coaches that are coming at Shane Stichen and the coach it's this new, this new that old Belichick parcels tree of the three four defense. It's not working anymore. It's not what the league is. So they have to have this these new young guys. But the guys that can low up and physically just whooped somebody's butt in the line of scrimmage is the ones that are gonna be able to do it at a championship level. The Dolphins last year number one offense to a led the league in passing yards. They're gonna be able to do that. At some point. You gotta be able to load up and beat somebody's tail. Then that's that's the thing that great teams can do. And that's why Mike Tomlin with the Steelers at any year they're gonna win double digit games because of the fact that he can load up and say, you know what, my man back here, this big, big tailback he can run down, He'll he'll get your eight yards of pop. And that's what it becomes.
Speaker 1: Then follow this logic then for the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: I just think about the Dolphins too.
Speaker 1: Everybody uses as the example who can't win any cold so they need to. In the AFC East, they need to win every game early loose. The Patriots gonna suck. They may even go and be cold home and beat the Patriots, and then they need to have hometel advantage for the entire playoffs, and obviously the Super Bowl is gonna be mostly somewhere warmer indoors.
Speaker 3: That's their ticket.
Speaker 1: When a bunch early lose a couple of cold wins end of the season and then have home built the whole time, that's about the probably the only way they go win.
Speaker 4: At If they can't run the ball, if they can't play a physical style of football, that's a I mean, but they don't a moster. The little the boy from Tennessee that just got is a monster as well. They they literally put a track team together. But that's that would be the answer, and they're gonna have But to your point, they're gonna have to go somewhere and win the cold game. AFCs low, I would love to be an NFC. NFC is nothing. Who the NFC got the Eagles forty nine ers, Cowboys who Cowboys, Yes, sir, the Cowboys, Yes sir, you Cowboys fan, yes sir. And Dak is gonna get to the playoffs and do exactly what Dak's done his entire career. He's gonna be very highly paid and losing the playoffs. The NFC has four teams. The AFC has twelve.
Speaker 3: Yes, he has a lot of great quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: AFC has twelve great quarterbacks. And that's the thing that the Dolphins are gonna have to deal with. But I don't care how many games they win. They're gonna have to go somewhere and win a game late in January, one of those weekends in January, they're gonna have to go out of out of Miami and win a game in cold weather or hopefully in the damn stadium somewhere. What about travel fatigue? Like, is that a thing? It's really not. These dudes have too you pay them too much money. It's fIF million dollars. The trouble. You can get out of here. Play football, well, we play football short week when you play Sunday and Thursday, that means and then London when you go to lunchon something. But when they're talking about, oh, ach a West Coast trip, he kissed my butt, ain't nobody worried about it? The West Coast trip, Go play ball?
Speaker 3: Your mom mass her piece of that. And they got the pivot, the pivot. Appreciate you job.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Do you think the quarterback will throw for more than three hundred yards? How about the receiver in Miami grabbing a touchdown?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, right. DraftKings Pick six It's a great game. It's so much fun.
Speaker 1: It's the newest to compete against others and play fantasy football.
Speaker 2: To win cash with Draft.
Speaker 1: Kings, basically, just pick a player and you choose if they'll have more or less than a stat Like let's say we're gonna pick Eddie, we'll have more less than one yard receiving.
Speaker 2: I'd go less over, I'd go less right.
Speaker 1: You can't pick Eddie, but I would go less yards or touchdowns or catches. Get your picks right and you win cash, real life money. Download the new Draft Kings Pick six app now, it's a new app. This is a separate app. Use the code Bobby Sports. The code is Bobby Sports for new customers to play five bucks and get fifty bucks and Pick six credits guaranteed. Plus you get one month of NFL plus Premium on us off for expires nine to nineteen only on Draft Kings Pick six. The crown Azurs gambling problem called one hundred Gambler Help is available for problem gambling. Call eight A eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org and Connecticut must be eighteen plus AG and ligibil. Restrictions vary by jurisdiction. Pick six not available everywhere, including New York and Ontario, void or prohibited. See terms at Pick six dot DraftKings dot com slash promos. One per new customer reward issued is fifty dollars a none with drawable Pick six credits that expire in six months. NFL Plus Premium offer available only to new and former NFL Plus subscribers. Additional NFL Plus Premium teams at NFL dot com slash terms.
Speaker 2: A lot of people think they can be a sportscaster. Yes, it's it's tough, but a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people think they can just do it by watching and seeing how easy good people make it. I in college and after college, bit I was the Playboy play guy for a Division two football team and basketball team for a while, and we would get beat seventy to nothing, and that was hard, very hard. It's harder when there's nothing to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get it pounded, because.
Speaker 1: You have to entertain them, right, It's just it's just what do you do right, And not only that. On the road when I would travel, they couldn't afford it that color.
Speaker 2: Guys, so I had to do both.
Speaker 1: Oh man, But it's a also there were four people listening.
Speaker 2: But it was difficult. It's a difficult job. Your brother in law thinks he can do it.
Speaker 6: Yes, he like every time I watch games with him, he's like, look, what's so hard about it? You just say what happened? Then you make a little joke about it. And he said, look right now, they're gonna lose five yards, it's gonna get sex, and it happens. He goes, they told you that, buddy, Relax, it's hard. It's easy to do it for five minutes. I bet a couple of minutes, but you can do it for a whole game. Get out of here.
Speaker 5: It's tough.
Speaker 1: It would be like someone Eddie going, Eddie, what you do every single day?
Speaker 2: There's nothing to it. Your job is so easy. Yeah, you just talk to a microphone. You're talking to microphone exactly, And they'd be right. You know it's not true.
Speaker 5: You think Tom Brady's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna put the work in. No you have a boner over him. But well, I'm saying I think he'll put the work in to actually be good more than anything he's shown has. I've watched him do some interviews. I don't think he's shown me anything that he's gonna be wow. But I think he'll put the work in actually be really great. But same thing with Romo. Romo never did anything really in media except the Sketcher's commercial.
Speaker 5: Why Like, dang, he's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Those are good commercial. Yeah, all right, that's it.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: Eddie blowed the West away.
Speaker 5: See you guys,