Speaker 1: Good morning us say yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo just.
Speaker 2: Is out sick.
Speaker 3: Lawn lords is feeling that?
Speaker 2: What up, Lauren?
Speaker 4: Good morning y'all.
Speaker 2: Charlamage to God, please sit up playing in this Thursday.
Speaker 5: My lighter like mother candle set the moods, you know what I'm saying. Absolutely create some ambiance on this fine Thursday. How y'all feel out there?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: I feel blessed, black and highly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve off beautiful listeners. What's happening, Charlotte?
Speaker 4: What's the brand on that black candle?
Speaker 3: What is the brand on this black candle?
Speaker 7: The candle brand is a black on brand on in a fo' me on TikTok and set them up here. And I've been Jay Collections J Collections, Yes, J Collection shop dot com for the candles. They sound amazing. I burnt mind so fast in my house.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that mahogany what's that right there? That's that mahogany tea wood right there? Yes, yes, Lucy J Collections, thank you.
Speaker 7: Yep, got a lot of sleep last night, I said some uh their fluck. No, I'm not sick. Just yesterday I felt like I was getting a cold. Member, I was like, I.
Speaker 4: Feel so tired.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I took medicine yesterday and with the bear early may better.
Speaker 4: I feel night and day.
Speaker 5: Nobody got time to be sick. And I got four kids at the house. One of them was already sick. I don't bring nothing out, don't.
Speaker 3: Bring nothing.
Speaker 4: That won't be nice.
Speaker 8: My kids always coming sick. Man, It's always something with the kids. And there's so many of them in school though, right, yeah, because in.
Speaker 4: So many of them.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that many. It's six, but only five at the crib.
Speaker 5: And slewed to everybody I saw in Brooklyn last night. Man, I was at the green Light bookstore in Brooklyn. The good sister Nita Kopax put out her second book, to Wind on her Tongue. It's book two of the Daughter of Three Waters trilogy, and uh, we had a fantastic.
Speaker 3: Book signing for her last night book signing.
Speaker 5: In a conversation about the book, don't tell you heard dudes from Brooklyn something.
Speaker 3: Man, You know when you do events right, you know, you know if I'm moderating.
Speaker 5: So it can be a mixture of booth. So you know, Anita brings out all of the right sisters.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, So you know your whole sisters, and you bring out the hood.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say who it was.
Speaker 5: Hey, one of my guys came out and he was dapped me up and he was talking to me and he was like, man, I came out here with this shorty.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: This shorty got the audacity to ask me to buy her a book. It's a book bookstore, a screenlight bookstore. We're here for a Nita Copak to win on her tongue. Of course she wants to book. He goes, man, I ain't even sniffed them yet.
Speaker 2: He ain't even sniffed the panties.
Speaker 7: I know, But how much is the book that you got to sniff?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 3: Six dollars?
Speaker 5: But he said it loud, and so one of the sisters was like, I heard that.
Speaker 3: I said, I wish I didn't I know that.
Speaker 7: But Babies was mad at him. Mad just went beautiful here he.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, natural hair everywhere. You're just being loud.
Speaker 5: The gotta love Brooklyn needed to say. I gave a free book, okay, last night. I hope he worked out for I bought the book for him, so I hope he worked out. Boy, you didn't even buy a book.
Speaker 4: Twenty six dollars.
Speaker 3: You said, what was the book in?
Speaker 4: This morning?
Speaker 7: She's mad because she was texting her group chat like and he buy me bush.
Speaker 3: I don't know who it is, though, so I don't want to say he said.
Speaker 2: Shout him out this morning.
Speaker 3: Not doing that.
Speaker 4: Don't do it trying to say you in the group chest and.
Speaker 2: I wonder if you I wonder if you bought a dinner last night.
Speaker 7: There's no way he didn't want to do twenty got in the book. She had to eat before she got got piz.
Speaker 8: You get a dollar ninety nine slice. We got food at home, all right. Well, boz of St. John will be joining us this morning. Now, if you don't know who Bozama is, she's been up here before. She's an executive. She was an executive at Netflix, she was executive at Apple, she was an executive at Uber. Now she has her own hair brand, eve By Bowles, and you might know her on the real housewife of Beverly Hills. She recently lost her home in the LA fires, a mallible home. So we'll talk to about all that's going on on the Housewives of Beverly Hills. And I believe ras Baraka is joining us this morning. I realized I've been saying.
Speaker 5: His name's running for governor of New Jersey.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's running for governing of New Jersey. So we'll talk to him in a little bit as well. But let's get right into it. Front Page News. More gonna be joining us. It don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's DJ n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club, Law and the Rossa Fieling in for a jest and let's get in some front page news. I want to start off with some quick NFL news. Now, Jets Higher Form Alliance defensive coordinator Aaron glenn as the new headed coach and he's a brother, so congratulations to him.
Speaker 5: Darren glenn Man. Sorry that you you know, gonna go to the New York Jets. They're gonna suck and they're gonna fire you after the year. But you should have came to the cowboy. It's an opportunity to the cowboys to gave for at least three congrats, if not backhanding congrats to him as a backhanded congrats in the NFL. And the way they handle black coaches, you know, when and they send him to the most terrible franchise than when the franchises don't do well, they ship not after a year. How many black coaches got fired after the year this year? Like two, right, two three?
Speaker 3: Two to three this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, good morning, Morgan.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Good morning, dj Envy, Charlottage and the God and Lauren Laura good good.
Speaker 10: All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 9: We are watching more develop out west with the LA Wildfires or fire officials are giving an update on a new fire burning rapidly through southern California. The Hughes Fire sparked Wednesday morning, burning more than ten thousand acres near the Castaic area, in a remote area north of Los Angeles. LA County Fire Chief Anthony Maroney spoke about battling the blaze, and LA County Sheriff Robert Luna assured residents not to stress about looters.
Speaker 10: Let's hear from those officials.
Speaker 4: The situation remains dynamic and the fire remains a difficult fire to contain, although we are getting the upper hand.
Speaker 11: So I want to make sure people know that that if you leave your homes, there will be a dish old deputies working out there in the neighborhoods to make sure your homes are safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So no structures have been damaged so far from this particular fire, with roughly four thousand fire personnel assisting officials, do say wins are driving the spread of the fire, with the National Weather Service extending a red flag warning through ten am tomorrow morning. So well, can continue to keep you guys posted and continue to keep La in our prayers in regards to those fires.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they said, they said rain is going to be coming this week, and that's what they're praying and hoping for just a little bit of rain.
Speaker 3: But I wonder when du see when you came to their rain dance and that monsoon is on the way.
Speaker 2: I don't know about I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: How much rain is coming, but they said rain.
Speaker 8: I was just curious, when do the insurance companies start heading over there and start evaluating and start paying those people, you.
Speaker 7: Know, some of them were what was the thing about people not getting full insurance for the houses so that.
Speaker 9: Their insurance was dropped beforehand, weeks beforehand. But yeah, I believe that some of the stuff is already being processed. You just have it really is case by case though, considering what your coverage is or you know, based on where you're located and things of that nature. So yeah, it is going to be a case by case. But in case you in case you missed it. President Trump. He did sit down for his first Oval office interview in his second term. In a conversation with Sean Hennity that aired last night on Fox News, he says many of the issues of the past four years wouldn't have happened had he still been in office. He slammed the Democratic Party, calling their policies horrible. Trump is hinting at changes coming to FEMA, saying the agency complicates things, it hasn't done its job over the past four years states, and he suggested that states should take care of their own problems and that FEMA should play a secondary role to states dealing with their own emergencies now. Trump also believes that most people in California don't want sanctuary cities. And he claimed millions of gallons of water is available in northern California and just needs to be diverted or pumped down to southern California. But right now it's being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Let's hear those comments from Trump's interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News last night.
Speaker 12: California is a great example of it, if you actually pulled the people. They don't want sanctuary cities, but Gavin Newsom does, and these radical left politicians too. And you know, if you asked them why, they couldn't even I watched Gavin Newsom try to answer that question. He was unable to even answer. He looked like an idiot. He was unable to answer. I asked him one other question, why is it that you don't want millions of gallons of water a day pouring throughout California. You know, the farmland in California is they say, the equivalent of Iowa great Land, but it's got no water.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: He also eluded or suggested that he would withhold any federal aid from California if they don't pretty much follow what he wants him them to follow. But he's suggesting that we will see what Trump does because we can clearly see that this is going to be one of his first issues that he needs to deal with. So he will address the World Economic Forum remotely today. The annual event is being held in Davos, Switzerland. It'll be his first major speech to global business and political leaders since Monday's inauguration.
Speaker 10: So here we are, day three, day.
Speaker 9: Four, where we're well, well funder well underway into a Trump presidency. So you know, we should start to see some things come about.
Speaker 2: But let me ask you a quick question before we go to the next hour.
Speaker 8: I was gonna ask I thought Trump said something like he wanted state by state, He didn't want to do any more female funding or federal funding. He wanted the states to handle their own funding with their own problems.
Speaker 2: Was that true? Is that a good thing or bad thing? I wasn't sure.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure that that's a good thing because what happens is like, if you look at a situation like Katrina, how can the state handle themselves? You know you have to bring in outside at a funded Yeah, you have to bring in outside aid sometimes to get people.
Speaker 10: Back on their feet.
Speaker 9: In certain situations, you know, So I don't want to say I understand and I get you know, Hey.
Speaker 8: I was just asking because he was saying it would just he would just give the funding directly to the state of opposed to go another thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. That's what I was asking.
Speaker 9: I don't think that's a good thing at all. I mean, that's just my personal opinion. But you know, that's the whole point of having the FED is to have your back, you know, when you when the state can't cover it.
Speaker 10: I guess, but you know, we'll see.
Speaker 5: You know what really helped. If the rich paid did fair share of taxes, that would help too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, well that's your front page news the six am. At seven am, we'll talk about d e I all.
Speaker 8: Right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Phone lines to wide open one. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is.
Speaker 3: The breakfast club the morning the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 1: Ray right, Ray, yo, Charlae man.
Speaker 6: What are we lying?
Speaker 3: This is your time to get it.
Speaker 13: Off your chest.
Speaker 2: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 14: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 2: We lie, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 2: How you doing it? They can himself? Get it off your chest. Canning.
Speaker 16: Yeah, man, Look, I'm not really in the takes. I'm not really into all the hoop that is going on with the government.
Speaker 17: But what is crazy is COVID. Remember that sham.
Speaker 16: Turns out they're not giving out vaccines anymore. They're not going to regarding that. Turns out it comes to like that at a stam and Biden before he left the office, he found you he can't even be brought up on any charge or anything.
Speaker 3: That is true. Why are you telling us just like we don't know?
Speaker 6: Doesn't move to me?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah he got He definitely got pardon before he left the White House.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is crazy that that, you know, all those people that didn't want to take the vaccine in certain states were fired, They lost their jobs, they lost their income.
Speaker 2: It's really crazy that.
Speaker 8: Now, you know, I think Trump signed something where at least he's given the military back pay and allowing them to come back. But it is crazy that people lost a lot for not wanting to take a vaccine that wasn't tried and tested.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't know what doctor Vouti is guilty of or not guilty of, but I do know, Uh, preemptive partons are not helping him beat any allegations, any allegations that the YouTube conspiracy theorists have made about doctor Fauci give them the giving them a preemptive parton is not helping them beat the allegations at all.
Speaker 2: But I ain't gonna for the I was Joe Biden. I'll be scared. Trump said yesterday, you pardon everybody yourself but yourself. That's right, You ain't part of yourself.
Speaker 3: That's I would be scared. That's right.
Speaker 2: Well that he might see. He's on his way out, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 2: It's London, Hey, London, Good morning, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Good morning, peace London.
Speaker 18: Because I feel like the army get everything, and us as police officers we out here in the war zone too, we don't get no free college, we don't get no house or no.
Speaker 17: House, no nothing.
Speaker 3: I agree with that, Like I'm.
Speaker 19: Out here rest of my life, just like Suposure Where you from, y'all help at where you from?
Speaker 16: I'm from New York, but I'm in Connecticut.
Speaker 3: Now Connecticut, all right.
Speaker 8: So the so the military, of course, they have ROTC and they have programs where they you know, pay for your college if you serve in the military, but also usually police officers, they usually give you a discount help you on your taxes if you live in certain areas. I know in New York City, if you live in the actual burroughs. I don't think they charge you as much taxes when it comes to state tax so they do give you a little bit.
Speaker 3: I agree with her, though, you should also get free college and free held.
Speaker 6: We should if your fight in the war too.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The NPD, the NYPD budget is like five.
Speaker 2: Point eight billion dollars. They could have puorded something for us.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. But thank you.
Speaker 16: London, Thank you y'all.
Speaker 6: Have a good day.
Speaker 3: You pull me over, let me slide.
Speaker 2: I got you right.
Speaker 3: Where does all that money go for the New York Police Department budget? Five point eight billion? That's the most in the country like this.
Speaker 5: The second I think the second is LA and they get like one point something billions.
Speaker 8: They might the dancing shit not that, but you know they use it for drones that they use a lot of anti terrorists.
Speaker 3: They have a lot of offices on the street.
Speaker 7: I remember then they have like what was the car they had, that nice car? It was romantic the NYPD for it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know they they used a lot of robots.
Speaker 8: I know that there's a lot of drone, a lot of anti terrorist stuff that they have, especially when when when things happen in the city. I know that for a fact. But I don't know where all that money's going.
Speaker 2: But get it off your chest. I think it was a Porsche, and my pey got a Porsche.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at I.
Speaker 3: Have no reason for no.
Speaker 5: Goddamn police also have no Porsch unless it was repossessed and they got it for free.
Speaker 2: But then they could at least soul and kept the money.
Speaker 4: But when viral people was pissed off, I never seen.
Speaker 3: Might have been AI.
Speaker 8: Yeah, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five wone hit us up right now. It's the breakfast cloak in the morning, the breakfast club. This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're man or blessed.
Speaker 2: I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk. I hate the way that you dress everything.
Speaker 3: When me is best call up next eight hundred five eight five five one, Not.
Speaker 2: Just me, I'm with the coach of filing. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a big old frona.
Speaker 2: What's up, big old get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: Big o y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 6: I just want to say that I'm just kind of upset with the President. He passed all these legislations, but he didn't get rid of that overtime tax. I work on power lines and there, I mean, we make a lot of overtime. I was expecting not to be paying taxes on that. Also, I mean he just said that he's not gonna help California with FEMA. But we I live in the South, or we just had four states hit by a hurricane, So what is he gonna do in those states come at the contact with another hurricane?
Speaker 5: Why did he's just upset with California because of Gavin Newsom? Because Gavin Newsom, you know, said he was gonna Trump prove California. So I just think that's that's that's a little bit of pettiness right there. I don't know how he feels about the hurricanes in the South.
Speaker 6: Well, they're gonna happen every year and they're getting worse. So I mean him saying he's not gonna help California's as to go across the border, and if he gets rid of FEMA, I mean, it's gonna be a big problem because most of it's a welfare state. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was wondering.
Speaker 5: I do wonder about that, you know, I wonder what the what the other option is, because you know, he said he said FEMA is getting in the way and states should take care of their own. So if FEMA was getting in the way, then you know, what's the other option.
Speaker 6: I don't think he has a solution to that, but that's all I had. Man, y'all have a great morning.
Speaker 3: You have a good one.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this? What's up?
Speaker 6: Jay?
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 17: Brother fair? Before I did that morning, Vy, you give him some job at the iron meeting like your entire company before a Trump came in. And when I left the then I'm expecting to talk about talking for blacks, you know, man in the work first, but it was all about.
Speaker 5: Why are you talking like you're doing the quiet storm on somebody's radio station, Like, what's up?
Speaker 15: Bro?
Speaker 3: Come on. I don't even know what you say, what you're saying. Last thing you said, you want to send.
Speaker 2: This out to all the transgender No, no, no, he said with a D I meeting his job.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it wasn't what I expected, and I thought that I'm talking about the black progress and that woman in the workforce. But it was all about like LGB is huge transgenderism and their progress and then want there while the pas that with the iron and made me think about what doctor Lamar said. I think when you first came on, you show that the progress of blacks to kind of being hindered because keep pushing one of what you thought about that, I think Nancy May said the same thing, like it's a lot of things common between post Democrats, but the fine print swear to keep pushing little things here and there.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't know nothing you said transgender, Nancy mays, doctor.
Speaker 3: Uma, you don't even d a D. I I don't even know what what are you?
Speaker 2: What is your question?
Speaker 11: What do you?
Speaker 3: What are you getting up in chest? Exactly? You're just upset about the meeting, but.
Speaker 13: Not about it.
Speaker 17: But like I guess at the one point that the progress of black and isn't hindered because of the push.
Speaker 8: Right, okay, brother, well you get it off your chest. Can you throw into the next record as assistant record the saying next.
Speaker 2: Up is scissor next record for record, And you said that right now.
Speaker 5: He's a rear, quiet throwing voice the whole time till the time they introduce a slow song.
Speaker 4: Get it off.
Speaker 3: Shout out to all the lesbians out there who wanted to sizzle this record for you.
Speaker 8: Sizzle eight hundred five eighty five one oh five one. If you need to vet hit us up now. Remember about a week ago you were talking about there's mad people that did the COVID scans that got away. In today's paper, seven more people got arrested. I tell you they still looking at They still go on at those people.
Speaker 4: Boy and told Johnny had forty four million dollars. I'll tell you they still going to arrest them.
Speaker 2: At calm down, white friend.
Speaker 7: No, I'm just saying forty four million dollars. You wouldn't been able to find me. They probably was like somewhere just in Brooklyn, chilling.
Speaker 3: It was seven people.
Speaker 5: The PPP Loans have a ten year statue of limitations. Every single one of y'all who got an I llegal PPP loan for a large amount of money, y'all going to prison.
Speaker 3: It's only a matter of time.
Speaker 7: I'm feeling crazy like dang, like all these people got all this money and I'm out here living righteous.
Speaker 5: The ball out because you're going to jail. I'm telling you right now, it's only amount of time. Really got about five more years to get him.
Speaker 1: Dang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, seven people just got rested.
Speaker 4: I was at the HOOKAHSPI. That's where they grabbed the mat.
Speaker 5: Let me let me look that up. How many people got arrested for p P P. All right, all right, well we got Jess with the mess coming up. What we're talking about we do.
Speaker 7: We're gonna go back to a sp Rocky because his attorneys were upset yesterday. There's not enough black people and on the jewelry that they're trying to select. So we're gonna get into it, all.
Speaker 8: Right, we'll get into that. NeXT's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's d J n V.
Speaker 8: Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club Laurna Rosa fillin and for jests and let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 2: Hilarius, Jess Ca Robin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 15: Talk to nobody, nooy talk the world why Jess worldwide mess talk on the breakfast clubs, the coaches with Lauren, Lauren Rosa and I got.
Speaker 4: The mess talk to me.
Speaker 7: So ain't that Rocky Day two? They are now trying to yesterday? It was day two, Today will be day three today January twenty third. They are now trying to find the jury that will you know, be listening to his case.
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 7: So the issue yesterday was that out of one hundred and six people that reported for jury selection, only five of the people were black. Now, this was an issue that Asat Rocky's attorney, Joe Tekapina, took up with the court.
Speaker 4: He said that this is not proper.
Speaker 7: There should be more diverse representation, especially because of the area that they drew the jewelry from.
Speaker 4: He says that that.
Speaker 7: Area, that pool, there's a nine percent black population. So for only five black people, four to five black people to show up or be selected, it's not divers And he's pushing back early on that, the judge says, well, look, there's no authority that requires any particular percentage of ethnicity on a jury.
Speaker 4: So we hear you, but like, what are you leaning into.
Speaker 3: Here when they say jury of your pis what do they mean exactly?
Speaker 8: Could be your neighborhood to be people that's in the same neighborhood but also your same ethnic background.
Speaker 3: Right, well, yeah, so, and and I never looked into it. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Veren Al Sharpton actually spoken this as well too, because he basically said people Asad Rocky's friends and family have been in contact with him, he doesn't know all the particulars of the case, but he said the same thing that you said, like he's supposed to be judged by his peers and it needs to be fair, and that he's going to keep his eye on this case and he's going to keep calling out things that are not unfair because already it kind of seems like like people are like, hm hmm, it's just a little weird.
Speaker 4: It's just a little set up.
Speaker 3: Black people don't do jury duty a generalization out there, LA don't do jury.
Speaker 7: The last time, I don't want to talk about on it. Okay, but I haven't done it in a while.
Speaker 3: I haven't been called in a while. But you know the reason I'm not able to do it is because I have felties.
Speaker 5: So that's why I can't wait to get partnered by themself, Red, myself, no anybody else.
Speaker 3: But don't say black. But Brad said he's never been called. Don't you said you haven't been called?
Speaker 4: You know, black people and all people who do it because they don't want to go to work.
Speaker 3: See, we don't.
Speaker 8: We usually don't do Jerry duty because we don't want to go somewhere and they pay us Dominicans. I am black, sir, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of people that don't get you.
Speaker 4: Two sides of the coin.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I'm black.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny, though in this era, they might call a jury of aceps pears, a DEI jury, you know what I mean. You never know, But I also did. When I saw this story yesterday, I said to myself, I know Reverend can multitask, but after the few first days of the Trump administration and all the executive orders we saw Trumps sign, I could think several other things that Reverend should be focusing in attention on.
Speaker 7: But I think it was more so because his ending line says, I am monitoring this trial and challenging the LA District Attorney to ensure that fair and that there's fair reprettation.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I think this was just like a yo, this is Asat Rocky.
Speaker 7: I don't know if y'all are familiar with him, but don't play with him in his courtroom because he does have allies out here. I think that that's all that tweet was because it was just a simple tweet. But when Asac arrived to the court, he arrived with his mom and his sister yesterday for day two, and the judge was on his mom's body. Okay, When ace attorney stood up to introduce, because he's like, who are the new people in the court room, Acep's attorney is like, oh, this is Acep's mom and his sister, and his attorneys like his mom and his I mean, the judges like his mom. And the attorney's like, yeah, you can't tell who's the mom and who's the sister. And the judge said, you are beautiful, and that is on record.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Yes, so black Judge I don't.
Speaker 4: I didn't google the judge to see if he was that on court.
Speaker 2: What did that have to do with the game.
Speaker 7: That question came up and reporting and someone after the court asked one of the reporters, They're like, can't that be looked at as like already unfair? And what was mentioned in the conversation was it's not because there was no jury in the actual room when he said it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that's what it's being said.
Speaker 7: But yeah, So basically another thing that came up as well to the first day in yesterday they leaned into was the fact that now ACEP Rocky's defense is going to be that the gun that he had was a prop gun or starter gun. For anybody that is not familiar with what a prop gun or starter gun is, this is a small gun. It only can fire blanks. So basically it wouldn't been able to shoot anybody or graze anybody the way that they are alleging.
Speaker 4: That it happened.
Speaker 7: Now the prosecution is upset because they're like to ACEPS attorneys, Yo, y'all never told us that this was going to be all defense. This is last minute, we're supposed to know things. Thirty days in advance so that we can have a chance to prepare and respond to this. Why is this coming up now? And there an ACEPS team is like, no, we alluded to it. We said that because of who he is, because of home invasions, he does different things to secure himself. So there was a whole back and forth about that as well too. And ACEPS team said that they actually had witnesses who were going to testify that that gun was just a prop gun.
Speaker 3: Was there a real bullet that they pulled out of somebody?
Speaker 4: So that's the thing.
Speaker 7: They haven't been able to find any show when they went. When investigators went, they didn't find any shell cases except raally turned in shellcases. But I believe that they never found a gun as well too, So there's a whole back and forth about that as well.
Speaker 8: Did they basically say really allegedly got shot and picked up his own shellcasing and then went to the hospital, Well really.
Speaker 7: Brought showcases him and his girlfriend went back to the scene the get showcases, and he actually did bring show cases and turn into investigators. But what a SAP's side is saying that he did have the prop gun, And I think they're having to say this because in the video I took a screenshot of the video. Remember you mentioned like there was like something kind of similar to a gun in the video. You do see something in his hand. I think he's just trying to explain what that was, and they're saying it was a prop gun, and he's saying that he only fired in the air, never directly pointed it at really because really began to follow him. That's, according to a SAP, was been a leshed by him.
Speaker 3: I got a headache ready. I wouldn't report the jury duty for this.
Speaker 17: Want to go to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well work all right, well yeah, don't have time.
Speaker 17: For one more.
Speaker 8: Alright, Well, thank you for justss it was gonna happen now right. What they're gonna send all of us, let us for jerry duty.
Speaker 4: Can we do that because we people with the media.
Speaker 2: Yes, you gotta do jerry duty.
Speaker 13: That don't matter.
Speaker 17: Yep.
Speaker 3: Until they asked that question, is anybody and they have been convicted of a felony.
Speaker 7: I've never been convicted of a felony.
Speaker 2: Well that's your fault, okay, that's any of your family members on lawl endorsement.
Speaker 7: None of my family is law enforcement.
Speaker 3: Day yeah, I definitely got that. I'll pull up my gold card and everything.
Speaker 2: Do you work anybody that's closer with the felons?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh, I work with felons. I what I know felons. I know a lot of them.
Speaker 3: All right, well that is just.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 8: When we come back, we got Front Page News and then Bozem the Saint John will be joining us, you know how from Real.
Speaker 3: Housewives of Beverly Hillson gonna move. It's to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, wake up, Wait cool if you're liked into the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's dj n V Jess, Hilarry's Charlemagne, the gud we are the Breakfast Club just is out sick, Laura La Rossa holding it down and let's get in some front Page News.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Morgan, Good.
Speaker 10: Morning, and the Laura la Rossa and Charlemage the God y'all all.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, ma'am peace Morgan.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 9: You guys know, There's been a lot of mixed reaction around Trump's anti diversity, Equity and Inclusion executive order. Right many say it's a direct attack on the Civil Rights Tact of nineteen sixty four, the landmark law in the United States that outlaws discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin. So there was a caller I believe that mentioned basically the black race. How's that DEI and also roping in lgbtqia. All of that ropes into diversity, Okay, So in a Black Information Network exclusive, I had the honor of attending a demanding diversity DEI roundtable yesterday at the National Press Club here in Washington, DC, and the conversation was the first of many steps in the response to President Trump's rollback of DEE and I I spoke exclusively with National Urban League President and CEO Mark Morial about how the executive order will impact specifically black people in the workforce. But I'm sure anybody could take away some advice from this, So let's hear from Mark Morial.
Speaker 20: His executive orders, in my own opinion, are unlawful as an inappropriate and illegal exercise of presidential power because they seek, in effect, to overturn the Civil Rights Act, to overturn provisions of the Constitution which.
Speaker 13: Cannot be accomplished by executive action.
Speaker 21: You are now saying, let's build a wall to keep black people, brown people, to keep Asians, Indigenous Americans, and many other Americans, women and others from having a fair opportunity to work in the federal government, to be promoted in the federal government, to play in leadership roles all across American life.
Speaker 13: So we must resist these executive orders.
Speaker 10: Any thoughts, how do you resist them?
Speaker 4: That's a great question, Like if it's because it doesn't that make it law? Like how do you just resist them?
Speaker 3: What did the resistance look like?
Speaker 9: And does it automatically just because he issues an executive order does not automatically make it law. And you basically fight fire with fire, you fight it with law, you bring up lawsuits. So the National Council of Negro Women, Chavon Arline Bradley, she spoke on the panel and she did provide some advice on what to do if you are impacted by these changes.
Speaker 10: Into your point, Lauren, how do you react? Let's hear from Shavon Arline Bradley.
Speaker 18: We do not want to underestimate, particularly the role of black women in this last election. In previous elections, we were over ninety two percent of an entire voting block. And what I'm telling people is you must connect your power to your civic engagement as well. As your consumer engagement. Black communities are a primary base in this country, not only for the economy, but also to the intellectual progress of this country. We have been so mired with false content that says there's no merit in our communities. Black women are the most qualified block of educated people in the United States of America, and black women's stand is not only overqualified, but ready to activate at all tables.
Speaker 9: Well, she basically went on to say that, you know, we should mobilize, and we should use those efforts in mobilization to have these type of conversations and figure out what our starting point is.
Speaker 10: What do you guys think.
Speaker 5: Well, in regards to the DEI thing, you know, I was just sitting there thinking, and you know why it was so easy for so many corporations to get rid of DEI because they wanted to. They never wanted to do it to begin with, Like Corporate d Corporate DEI was always some bs because it was just pr after George Floyd. Like you know, if you look at it, the number of black CEOs never increased. The pleasures these corporations made, the black orgs they didn't deliver on. It was always performative and That's why they couldn't wait to shut down a lot of these DEI initiatives as soon as Trump, you know, got back in the White House. And I just think that now is the time for you know, us as a people to what she's kind of speaking to us as a people. We got to collectively come up with things that are for us by us.
Speaker 3: Like you can't.
Speaker 5: You can't let a group of you know, white people in corporate America determine, you know, what what DEI or whatever is going to be in the future look like.
Speaker 9: So to your point, Revenoul Sharpton is actually calling for a boycott of companies who reversed their DEI programs. Sharpton added MLK rally in d C. He said that King gave his life, shed blood and died to open America America up to everyone, regardless of race or sexual preference. Now, he said on the National Action Network, plans to announce a boycott of at least two companies that have reverse DEI policies within ninety days.
Speaker 10: Now, if that's.
Speaker 9: Something that we can all come to an agreement on on what the actual two companies it are, do you think we will make an impact?
Speaker 5: I think we need to come to an agreement on what we want diversity, equity, and inclusion to be for us. I really don't think we can leave it in the hands of corporate America. It should have never been in the hands of corporate America to begin with.
Speaker 7: How we going to do that when we are not like our leadership numbers are off, our ownership numbers are off, like we are always having it.
Speaker 3: But they're making stuff.
Speaker 5: They're allegedly making stuff for us right in these companies, So we should be the ones that create it, regardless of what our numbers are in this company. Like ten white people in a room can't tell a company what's good for black people, or what's good for women, or what's good for They can't.
Speaker 7: But they do because those ten white people in the room are normally the executives. And unless you're empowered in that room, you've been here for x amount of years, you're the one black person in the room, and what you're gonna do through that? But this should be the other way. But you should be you know, that's my point. We should demand that like those executives. The executives should say, hey, how should this look? And we should be bringing it to them like they shouldn't be saying, Okay, it's our du program.
Speaker 3: Because once again, that's why it's so easy for them just.
Speaker 2: To take it away, because they never wanted to do it to begin they didn't want to do it.
Speaker 5: It was I'm not gonna say every company didn't want to for most companies who did it for p all purposes.
Speaker 10: We'll make sure y'all shop with the companies that stood on tent. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: Let's switch gears and talk about you know, these these J sixers again. House Speaker Mike Johnson. He says he believes in second chances. He made the comments defending President Trump's pardons of January sixth rioters that includes former Proud Boys leader Enrique's trio David Dempsey, who attacked police officers with pepper spray and flag poles, and Julian Carter, who pepper sprayed officers including Brian Sicknick, who died the day after January sixth after the riot. Now, House Speaker Johnson says, we need to move forward. Let's hear more from Speaker Johnson.
Speaker 22: The President has the pardon and computation authority. It's his decision. What was made clear all along is that peaceful protests and people who engage in that should never be punished. There was a weaponization of the Justice Department. There was a weaponization of the events. It was a It was a terrible time and a terrible chapter in America's history.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I would encourage everyone to go watch The Sixth. It's on Amazon Prime. It's a documentary that follows January sixth, the United States capital attack, through the perspective of people who were actually there. And it does feature like real live this is not like reenactment type stuff. It features real footage.
Speaker 10: From that day. And yeah, it's on Amazon Prime, and so check it out.
Speaker 9: So just in case you don't know what happened on the sixth and what it looked like from the perspective of people who were inside the Capitol building, check out The Sixth on Amazon.
Speaker 2: I did see one of the people that he pardoned and got arrested again.
Speaker 9: I did, yeah, like a day after, which is yeah, on separate gun charges, yeah, something something else regarding Yeah, that's yeah. They're being released out of a jail out here in d C. And it's it's been quite the show. So sure, but yeah, that's your front page news y'all. For more news coverage, follow app Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi nnews dot com.
Speaker 10: I'm working with.
Speaker 8: Thank you Morgan all right now, when we come back from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: She was an x CEO Marketing officer at Netflix. She worked at Uber Apple.
Speaker 8: She has her own brand, eve by Bars, the head brand, and we're gonna talk to Bows of us Saint John when we come back, So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is the j n V. Jess hilarious, Chela mean the guy.
Speaker 8: We are the Breakfast Club Lawn LaRosa Philip in for Jess, and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 3: We have Bows of my Saint John. Welcome back, all thank you, all right now you feeling thank.
Speaker 17: You to see you.
Speaker 5: I'm sending you positive vinergy and love and like you just saw that you lost your house in the LA wildfire.
Speaker 3: That's right, and you said you found out on social media.
Speaker 4: Yes, on video.
Speaker 19: Yeah, somebody's just driving down pH and I was like, oh, that's my intersection.
Speaker 4: Oh there's no house.
Speaker 2: Did you get a chance to go back to see whatever was there to rubble if you can.
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 4: I haven't been able to be back yet.
Speaker 19: So it's like, you know, everybody's just waiting to see when we're allowed to go back and see what is left. Although you know there's nothing left, but I think there's still something about the grief process where you just need to see it, just to know yourself that it's totally gone.
Speaker 2: Did you lose pictures, passports, all like so many things? But when you evacuated, what were you able to grab if anything?
Speaker 4: Nothing? Well, first of all, I wasn't even in the country. I was in Zambia. Yeah, birthday right, yes, belated, thank you so much, Yeah, thank you. That's a lie.
Speaker 19: But it was so scary and overwhelming because you know, all you know is that the fires are coming, you don't know which direction they're going in, and the evacuations happen so quickly that you know, the people who are in their homes like really, you don't have time to think. I think we've all had that moment right where you've been like, oh, you know, it's like if there was something like who would you save or what would you take? And you make those theories, but in reality it doesn't work like that. There's this panic and for me, since I was so far away, there was really nothing I could do, and Who's I.
Speaker 4: Gonna send to go get myself? I was going to do that, you know, so you gotta let it burn.
Speaker 8: Did you see online which I thought was horrible and totasteful? People were saying, you know, when rich people are wealthy, people were losing their cribs. Good for them, they could get another one and all that, you know, And I'm thinking, like, it doesn't matter if you're wealthy, if you're not, you're losing things that care and me the most of you. So so how did you feel when you're seeing that? Like now you just lost your all your property, You lost all your things and then you see this online?
Speaker 4: Well it pisses me off because it's like who you think gave me the house?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 19: You know, you think somebody just came here and gave me the house. You don't know that I worked for it. So what if you worked for it, you should just lose it and it should be all right. No, of course I'm sad. I cry I'm mad. It's like, yes, of course I'm in a better position because I I will be able to replace things, I will be able to rebuild.
Speaker 4: But who wants to do that?
Speaker 19: You know, we got enough going on. I don't want to have to do that too, Like can I get some peace? Just want some rest? And so it's like it makes me upset when people say.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that. You know, me and my wife were talking the other day when we see all we were like, you know, what would we grab?
Speaker 8: Like we try, we try to start setting things up in the house, and she's like, well, I got to go get the photo albums. I gotta get the pictures. I need the memories. And then she was like, but damn, what about the kids? First outfit?
Speaker 2: You want to be able to pass that on. And then you're thinking of what about this about the kids?
Speaker 3: You got thirteen of them?
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 4: How she dealing with.
Speaker 7: All of this because she's you know, she's young, and explaining it to her.
Speaker 4: She's fifteen, and I think it's I mean, it's a tough time.
Speaker 19: You know, you're already a teenager with all these emotions going on, you know, but she has friends who've also lost their houses, so at least she has some community that she can talk to about shared experience. But you know, how do you comfort a child who's like, well, what what? What if the fire comes again?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying? And then what? So it's just a tough thing.
Speaker 3: How are you able to show up and do this though? Because I mean the show what's going?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 3: You got your beauty brand eat by promoting the reality show, but then you got all of this heaviness on you. How are you able to even show up and just do what you're doing right now?
Speaker 4: Well, unfortunately, I'm not unused to grief.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you know, it's like I've faced a lot of it in my life. And one thing I know for sure is that the sun is going to come up the next day. People are gonna keep moving, and if you don't move with it, you'll get left behind, you know. And it's like, look, I think one of the things for me is that, yes, I do want to rebuild, Yes I do want another house. Yes I want more things in my life. And how am I gonna get it? Nobody's gonna give it to me. So I got to get up and go do the work myself.
Speaker 2: And what made you do Real Housewives at Beverly Hills. Why did you jump into that person?
Speaker 3: That's the first thing I said that I was.
Speaker 7: Like, I didn't think it was boredom. I just thought I was like, well, maybe this is going to like lean into like future business. So successful already, she's the girl for us girls, why would she go there with them people?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what's so funny.
Speaker 19: The idea of being on the show is actually really interesting to me because I do feel like there's no representation for women like me or like us.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 19: It's like, look, the corporate girlies who are ambitious, who are smart, who are loyal and will defend their friends and all of that.
Speaker 4: They don't exist in this space.
Speaker 19: No disrespect to anybody else, but they just don't. And so I'm like, well, I've already represented in so many different spaces, like why not do it here and also work on a bigger platform and also do things that I want to do in a different way, So why not?
Speaker 5: I guess we always look at you as an executive, like I want to run down some of your resumes. You a Global CMO and Netflix CMO of in Devil CEO, CBO of Uber, head of marketing of Apple Music and its head of Music and Entertainment marketing at PEPSI coo and I'm missing.
Speaker 4: Anything God's favorite baby.
Speaker 5: What would you say the key to all of that success has been and do you prefer being behind the scenes in front of the car?
Speaker 19: Yeah, that's an interesting I mean, I think the key to success always has been that I truly am myself. You know, I think that a lot of people like to say that. It's hard to do because when you're in these spaces, conformity is what wins.
Speaker 4: You know, You've got to just be like everybody else. You got to wear the gray suit like everybody else.
Speaker 19: But anybody who has seen my career or seen me walking around has known that, like, I am a black girl first and foremost, I represent exactly who I am.
Speaker 4: I don't try to pretend not to be.
Speaker 19: And so for me, it's like that has been my key to differentiation and what has made me successful. And so now moving out of that space is just another unexpected thing.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 19: It's like, look, you read my resume and it sounds great because people are like, oh my gosh, you did that and that that, But it's like if you were there with me day to day and were advising me, you'd see that people never cheered me on even when I made jumps, like people never did So when I left Apple to go to Uber, people were like why would you do that? Like why would you leave Apple? And at the time I went to Uber was like the company was going down in flames.
Speaker 2: They're like, why would you do that?
Speaker 19: And I's like, yeah, because first of all, y'all think that I'm getting these jobs as some sort of token, and so what I'm going to show you is actually I'm the greatest marketer of life and that a company that is on its knees, I'm going to help rebuild. And when I do that, you can't ask me another question. And then it's like, Okay, I moved from Uber to Endeavor and then Endeavor to Netflix and Netflix I joined right at the start of the pandemic, and people are like, oh, why would you do that? Like it's such a big company, like the spotlight is on it. If you fail, you're gonna fail big. And I'm like, yeah, but if I can do that, then you again, you can't ask me whether or not you can do this, right because now I've done it at four different companies.
Speaker 4: Who's gonna deny me?
Speaker 19: And then I was inducted into the Marketing Hall of Fame and I was like, yeah, okay, there, I'm done, retire, thank you.
Speaker 2: Franchise's shooting down.
Speaker 8: So I guess you're the hare to save the Real Housewives franchise because that franchise seemed like it was going down.
Speaker 19: Well, I think that it deserves a reinvention, you know. I think the relationships between women has been really shown poorly in ways that are not helpful. I'm not saying that there's not conflict. There's always conflict. There's conflict in the boardroom.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 19: The fights I had in the boardroom were far scarier than any fight have had on this Now.
Speaker 2: You know any of those women know?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Were you friends with them?
Speaker 4: I knew one of them?
Speaker 19: Yeah, at least oh sudden, because just socially got you know, we know each other that way.
Speaker 8: We got more with Bozem of Saint John when we come back. You know her from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 3: So don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is dj V just hlarious Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. We're still kicking it with st John, you know, former market of executive for Netflix, Uber Apple, and you know she's on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills right now.
Speaker 2: Charlamagne, you do a comfortable feels like?
Speaker 3: Both?
Speaker 4: Do I know what comfortable feels.
Speaker 3: Like if you have allowed yourself to get comfortable?
Speaker 4: I don't think in a workspace, No, that's what I mean. In a workpace, Yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 19: No, I don't know because there isn't one, you know, not because I haven't allowed myself to, but because that's just death.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 19: It's like, if you get too comfortable in the corporate spaces, somebody's gonna come get you, you know. And I don't think that there's any nirvana for black people, or especially black women in these spaces.
Speaker 4: And so I'm like, yeah, you always got to watch your back. So I don't think I've ever been comfortable.
Speaker 5: No, I'm glad you said that too, because I feel the same way. And I think that sometimes when you get too comfortable, you start to play it safe, and then that's when I think all of these industries start to die out because you've got people who are playing it safe, And my thing is like, they're probably gonna fire you if you play it safe, you might.
Speaker 2: As well take the risk innovative.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you get fired doing that, at least you feel good about yourself.
Speaker 19: Well, I've always said that, like, look, when I leave a space, I want you to know that I was there, Like I will never leave a space, and you were just like, oh, well she can hear at all.
Speaker 4: No, I got to leave some sort of print.
Speaker 19: And so it's like, how am I gonna do that if not representing for who I am in my community and all of those things. Now, look, I recognize the fact that it is a burden to be in these spaces and to be the one and people, you know, and something happens to black people, they turn to you and be like, oh, so, what do you think we should do? And yes, that is annoying, But at the same time, it's like, yeah, well maybe that's why I'm actually in this room to actually say the things that are hard to say and the things that they wouldn't know otherwise. And so for me, the comfortability aspect has never really been part of what I have tried to achieve because I know that that's not my destiny.
Speaker 4: That's not what I'm meant to do.
Speaker 7: So are you staying in the room to do that? Because people think you're leaving the show because of the post that you put up on this.
Speaker 2: Are you leaving?
Speaker 19: No, I'm not leaving the show. That's by something else. But then my house burned down so that I couldn't even talk about it.
Speaker 3: Oh so he was gonna quit something else? You had an announcement coming?
Speaker 19: Yes, No, I was thinking about like life changes and things I need to do, not about the show at all.
Speaker 17: Got you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're proud of you as a community from what you've done, what you've accomplished. But you know, some people might not know the educational background and how you got there. So for people that's in your field, that's admire you and want to say, damn, I want to even go a notch of what she did.
Speaker 2: How did you do it right? What is the education right?
Speaker 19: Well, I mean I have my bachelor's degree. You know, I don't have a master's degree. I decided after my bachelor's that I wanted to jump right into work. I had the opportunity to go to Spike Lee's advertising agency, which is where I got my start. You know, I think the difference with how I did it is that I never thought that a job was too small, you know, for me to actually like.
Speaker 2: Say that again, because people and I don't think they heard from the back and did you get paid at first? You didn't get paid, It paid nothing.
Speaker 19: But you know, the jobs were never too small. Like I brought my full self to every single job. There was never a time where I was just like, you know what, when I get into that corner office, that's when I'm gonna do da da da da da.
Speaker 4: No I did that when I was an assistant.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 19: It's like you can ask Spike today and he will tell you that like I crushed. In fact, like when I was getting inducted into the Hall of Fame, he did an interview and he said he knew then that he would work for me one day. And that happened when I was at Netflix and he got an overall deal while I was the CMO, you know. And so for me, it's like, look, there's never been a moment in my career where I felt like I can't wait for the next thing. I brought everything to the job I had, and so even now as I sit here and doing this show and all that, I'm bringing everything everything I have, you know, because I want to be able to have the next opportunity and the next opportunity and the next opportunity.
Speaker 2: Do you consider yourself an alpha woman?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: Yes, So with being an alf woman, how is that in relationships? Do you feel like you have to submit a little bit? Do you feel like you have to fall back a little bit?
Speaker 3: That question to Laura? Huh, couldn't pass that question.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you the truth, no, because you know, when it comes to the Real House. You know, my wife watches the show, so she's a fan, and she she loves who you are. So she's always asked like, damn, I wonder how was that in a relationship?
Speaker 3: Because she's very.
Speaker 2: Strong and she had that question.
Speaker 8: She also wanted to know, did you feel like those friendships on Real Housewile of Beverly Hills are real friendship?
Speaker 19: So okay, So here's the thing. I can't diminish who I am. It's not possible. So yes, I want the soft girl life and the whole thing, and I can have that too, But at the end of the day, this is who I am. You know, I walk into a room and I demand things. It is my energy and my aura, and so the need for a partner who is not threatened by that or not afraid of that is absolutely necessary. So it's not necessarily about me dimming or getting quieter or being more subservient.
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 4: Like, who's just going to match my energy?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 4: My mom says every pot has a lid, and I feel like, now I found a lid. How did you know that, Kille?
Speaker 7: Because also too, not only is he coming and you're like already this super successful marketing Hall of famer, but now he's having to be introduced on Real House as a Beverly Hill right, got questions after your late husband as well, Yeah, how did you usher him into all that?
Speaker 4: And how did you know he was fit for that job?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 19: Well, also I have to add that, like I also respect him a great deal, you know, so that that has to be at the bottom of it, you know, which is like that's where we have to start. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him, and so the conversation even telling him that like, hey, look I'm I'm on the show, right, I would like you to be on the show. But let's talk about that whether or not you feel comfortable doing it. And when he said he did, and I was like, all right, look, you haven't been in the scrutiny like I have, so we're going to have to talk about what that looks like for you, you know. And so to me, it's like there's a responsibility that I have to him, you know, in being my partner, on being on the show, and therefore making sure.
Speaker 4: That he's also protected.
Speaker 19: So perhaps that's even where the alpha woman shows up, is that like I feel that, you know, I want to be protected by him, but I also feel a responsibility to protect him as well. And as for the relationships on the show, look, I'm the first one to tell you that I really thought that these conversations were played up, you know. I thought it was just make it up. You know, people be like, oh, she talked about you. I was shocked to find out that the relationships are really real. So people get upset about real things, you know, and you really don't know. It's just like life, Like you don't know if somebody's talking about you behind your back.
Speaker 4: You do not know that, and so you're making.
Speaker 19: Assumptions based on the facts that are given to you, so you might be really nice to somebody, but yet she was over here talking about whatever it is that.
Speaker 4: She want to talk about you, and you didn't even know.
Speaker 19: And so you see it on screen later and people will be like, oh, she should have known she was fake and this and that.
Speaker 4: You're just like, how would you know that? You'd have to be psychic you would have known.
Speaker 19: And so I'm I am continuously learning about the relationships between the women and myself and then also how it appears on camera. Reunions are going to be very interesting.
Speaker 2: That's all I know.
Speaker 3: Could you have a house husband, Like if it was just a guy who.
Speaker 19: I don't think No, I don't believe so. Yeah, I don't think so. I don't think so it was a nice guy.
Speaker 3: Look good, he putting it down, he cooks, Yeah, keeps everything.
Speaker 19: I think it's it's probably more about like mindset and ambition than anything else, you know. I'm just I'm way too ambitious, I think to have somebody who would not want to also be ambitious.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also noticed on the show they changed a lot on the show, and I watched the show with my wife.
Speaker 3: That's little day. But I noticed on the show.
Speaker 8: When I do watch it, I love seeing them women bow down to you a little bit, like they tiptoe around you, and you know, like you could tell that they look for your approval.
Speaker 2: Do you notice that?
Speaker 3: Because it's a shift and it's a change.
Speaker 19: I do think it's a shift because I'm not like them, and so I think anytime somebody new or like a new situation presents itself, they're also going to be a little careful, you know, because you just don't know. You got to test the water right now. If I come back for second season, I think that would be a different situation because now they know they know you right right, and they're like, oh okay, so she's got her opinions, she can stand up for herself, and they'll have a different way to interact with me.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: How we got more with Bozuma Saint John.
Speaker 8: It's the break Fist Club, Good Morning, everybody is dj n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamage, the God We are to Breakfast Club. Lon La Rosa is feeling in for jests and we're still kicking it with Boze of Us Saint John. You know how from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Charlomagne, how did putting.
Speaker 5: Out your book The Urgent Life of My story of love, loss and supply? But how did that being vulnerable in that book prepare you to be vulnerable on reality?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a great question.
Speaker 19: It was so hard to write my memoir. I think what happens is that you know that I was saying, with grief, you know, you just want to get it behind you. You just you want to feel better, you want to feel quote unquote normal. And what happens is that we don't realize that you put away the sadness and the fear and the anger and all those things, which also put away the happiness and the joy and all the good things that were a part of that, because your brain doesn't know how to separate any of those things. And so in writing the book, I had to go get all of that stuff back. No, I had to be really honest about how I was feeling in a situation or what was my true feelings about the thing, in order to write an honest book. And I didn't feel like anyone would connect with it if I was just writing fiction. And that absolutely prepared me for this particular role because I don't have the need to hold back from my personal life. You know, so much of my life has been about my professional pursuits, and so in writing the book, I was able to talk about love. I was able to talk about you know, things that made me cry and you know, things that hurt me. And so now it's like I can do that more comfortably because I've already done it by writing it.
Speaker 4: How does it feel with you and Garcel?
Speaker 7: Like you guys are like the two black women on the show, right, and you already talked about like feeling like you're there to say certain things that people can't say, whatever the case may be. Does it make you feel like a token? You don't give the energy that you would just be okay with that, But does it make you feel like that? Do you ever have to be like to producers like now I'm not doing it all happening.
Speaker 3: Yes, all the time.
Speaker 19: Well, the thing is that, like I don't necessarily have to tell producers that I'm not going to do whatever it is that because they're not really orcing anything, you know, but I know that I'm not doing the thing that perhaps would be expected of me to do. You know, it's like I often said that, you know, I wasn't going to come down into the mud.
Speaker 7: Do you feel the need to, like do you and Garcel, I don't know what your relationship is off camera? Yeah, but is that like it's a good relationship, okay? Do you feel the need to defend her when certain things happen and she like, I know she was going through stuff where like they were attacking like her, I think it was her son and her kid right.
Speaker 4: Right, right, right now.
Speaker 19: I've already said I was at it publicly that like if somebody had said something about my child, I don't know that we'd be we'd be friends today, you know.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't know that I can get over that.
Speaker 19: And I have yet to talk to Garcel about how she got over that, you know, just because I just felt that, like it just crossed such a line.
Speaker 4: And perhaps she is, you know, more evolved than I am.
Speaker 3: Maybe she has gotten over it, she's waiting on her shot.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe she wait.
Speaker 19: I don't know that's a good point, but I do think that, you know, for her and I I hope that what people are seeing is that there's a possibility to be more than one type of black woman, You know that, like ourselves, an accomplished actress who has her own life and her own challenges and issues, and the conflicts that she's had with the women don't necessarily have to be my conflicts.
Speaker 2: Because I don't.
Speaker 19: I don't have those conflicts with them, you know, I have I probably have my own. And so why is it that we can only have one?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 19: I really hate the comments with people are like, oh, okay, boss here knock ourselves can go, And I'm like.
Speaker 4: Why why can't win a white girls there?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 19: Why has it got to be her? Why are we pitting she and I against each other?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 19: So I'm like, no, there, there can be more of us in these spaces without having to be Oh, there's only one type and that's it.
Speaker 7: You had talked about your using a platform for stuff like being able to talk about like fireboys and and I thought it was interesting because you mentioned that you weren't in like a dire situation where it's like you're in pain. You had to you're just planning because you want to have another kid potentially, right, Yeah, how you feeling like today?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I feel really good today.
Speaker 19: I'm just glad that I was able to talk about that publicly because you know, I don't know why it is that when we talk about reproductive health, especially for black women, it's like this point of shame. Yeah, you know, it's like I don't know how many people sent me messages commented on the post, like friends who were texting me and being like, girl, I went through that last year.
Speaker 4: I'm like, why did I not know that?
Speaker 19: You know, It's like there's some strange shame that's associated with it, as if like we're not good enough, or that we're not whole women because you have fibroids and you've got to get that removed in order.
Speaker 4: To reproduce at all.
Speaker 19: And so I'm just like, wait, but no, this is a health issue, you know, and it's like if we take care of that, we take care of ourselves, we will be in better shape.
Speaker 4: And I don't know that there's any benefit to hiding any of that.
Speaker 7: I think you also brought up a good conversation too, because one of the things you said was like, I'm not getting any younger, so I want to make these plans.
Speaker 4: Now, that's right.
Speaker 7: Have you been having conversations with those same people about, you know, just you're not getting younger, but you do want to have another camera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that looks like for you and how you're planning for that.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean, Killie and I of course talked about it, you know, my daughter and I talk about it because well, they're.
Speaker 4: The two people who be impacted.
Speaker 19: I don't really care about anybody else's opinions, but for me, it was really important to talk about the risks because I did not have easy pregnancies in the past, and so I wanted to make sure that I am in the healthiest place that I can be. And again, thank God that I'm in a position to have insurance and you know, the access to healthcare, and we know what black maternal health looks like.
Speaker 4: It is dire. Ye know, it's like we're dying at a rate faster than everybody. So for me, it's like, look, I wanted to.
Speaker 19: Be able to use the show to talk about health, to talk about my reproductive health. And then also I do think that there's a conversation to be had for the corporate girls who've waited a long time to have their babies get babies fifteen Yeah, right, exactly, you start all over again, right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would, and I think that there's a lot of women who are doing that.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 19: It's like, I like, I look at the majority of my friends who are in their mid forties, and a lot of them don't have children yet. Some of them haven't gotten married yet either because they were focused on their careers and didn't, you know, make that commitment, or they didn't find partners who could manage their alphinus or whatever the reason is. But who want families. And so I'm like, again, there is no shame in that. It's like you can say it out loud that I want a baby or I want a family and then take the steps to get it. I just think we should remove the shame from it. So, yeah, I'm gonna be an old ass mom, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 7: I was gonna ask you mentioned marriage, Yeah, and now know that you know you've been married before. Now you and Kelly together, it seems like I saw y'all pictures of your way.
Speaker 4: Is that going to be? Is that a conversation for y'all? Right, Yes, it is a conversation.
Speaker 19: Well, because I want to have a family in a nuclear unit, so I want to be married and then have babies.
Speaker 4: So we got to see a engagement on the show Girl talk to him. Question, that's been great than we appreciate us?
Speaker 17: Boss?
Speaker 19: Oh yes, yes, yes, well so yes, like or not. My hair has always been a topic of conversation in my corporate career. I mean it's like when I did the Apple keynote, I was the first black person to present you know, technology on that stage, and half of the tweets that night were about my hair.
Speaker 4: And I have always been an advocate.
Speaker 19: Of being able to use the laws and you know, the rules that have been written, whether it's the Crown Act or anything else which allows for you to be fired or like you know, suspended from school if your hair isn't straight or whatever, like those rules still exist on the books and figure out like, well, how can I celebrate that? How can I, you know, encourage us? How can I make sure that like, yeah, if I want to wear my hair any kind of way I want, let me do it the way I want to do it. And when I looked at the hair extension industry, eighty percent of the consumer base as black women or.
Speaker 4: Women of color.
Speaker 19: Yet we don't have any ownership in manufacturing and distribution and innovation.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, why is a lace white? Like I could see your lace, yes, because it's white, you.
Speaker 17: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm like why.
Speaker 19: And look, you could go on YouTube or google it and you'll find fourteen million videos of black women kitchen chemists who are out here telling you how to lay your lace and make the color like you.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, why is that?
Speaker 19: So I went to China by myself and to the biggest hair show in the world and just walked around and ask questions. And then when I realized that, like, oh wait, hold on, this is actually an industry that's making a lot of money, but we're not anywhere in the seats, I was like, well, I'm going to do it myself. I'm going to get in there. So I built a factory in Ghana, I started manufacturing and then now I'm selling it.
Speaker 3: Wow, So how did they buy some.
Speaker 19: Eve www dot eos dot com e by bos do amazing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the Saint John ladies. Thank you so much, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: It's the club.
Speaker 8: Good morning morning, Everybody's dj n V Jess hilarious, Schelamain the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess with Lola Rosa.
Speaker 10: You use this real weathers Hilarius, Jefs car Rabbit Moore.
Speaker 13: Just don't do no lines, don't.
Speaker 2: Do that talk.
Speaker 3: World why jests World? Which mess on the breakfast clubs? He's the coaching with Lauren Laurens.
Speaker 13: I'm and I got the mess Timmy.
Speaker 7: Alrighty y'all. So a little bow Wow and Le'Veon Bell had been going back and forth. They're trying to figure out who is the biggest out of Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 2: Right where did this conversation come from?
Speaker 7: So all right, little back, little bit tracking, don't do why why they got to be bored because its bow Wow.
Speaker 2: No, that's just who cares.
Speaker 5: Leveyon Bell and bow Wow going back and football, who's the biggest from the same industry?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 7: Okay, no, Look, so basically bow Wow was at the Ohio State versus Notre Dame game Monday night, and when he was there, he was you know you're there, your team is doing good.
Speaker 4: He's excited. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 23: I'm the biggest to ever come from Columbus, probably will be the biggest to ever come out of Columbus. And yo, it sounds for your like bush the big ring on that let's bridge that gap, brings together and get this cracking.
Speaker 1: I was supposed to be. Come on, bro, they like have a min dollars for a month sweet for the city. I don't see, no, ain't no Columbus. I got that type of money to even host up on the national stage.
Speaker 13: Like yo, like we're not doing this.
Speaker 24: Columbus will ever forever be my city in my town and Twae do ten million or fourteen million out of the city, then you big until if you don't do that, shut up, don't talk.
Speaker 4: To me, bro, big bow wow, not the little one.
Speaker 7: Okay. He was excited as team was winning. He said he did a million for the suite. You know what I'm saying. He told everybody come back to my restaurant after you from Ohio, even if you're not from Ohio, come back.
Speaker 4: Everything is on me.
Speaker 5: Less Westerner and Denise York are sitting back like who are these two negroes? Okay you know who lefts Wesner and Denise York are don't look on the falls list two billionaires from Columbus, Ohio. Okay, Let's is worth seven point nine, Denise's worth five point eight. They would like to enter the chat since y'all want to have conversations on the biggest leveon.
Speaker 4: Bell don't want to talk to them.
Speaker 7: He want to talk to biw Wow because he got online yesterday and he responded to bow Wow and.
Speaker 4: This is what he had to say.
Speaker 17: Wow.
Speaker 13: You say you have all this money and what did you do with it?
Speaker 20: Bro?
Speaker 13: What did you do with it?
Speaker 25: Because you definitely ain't helping them. You definite ain't help the city with it. You ain't open to a restaurant, no recordation center, You ain't helped the kids. Like, what did you actually do in the city?
Speaker 14: Bro?
Speaker 25: For you to say, hey, yeah, I'm the I'm the king of the city. Like nobody as big as me in the city.
Speaker 13: What'd you do? You ain't do no features with nobody from Columbus And he was a big artist at one point. You damn me were one of the biggest artis when your little kid, bro.
Speaker 25: And you ain't do no features with no no Columbus artists, Bro, Bro, I didn't have football camps every year when I was in the league.
Speaker 17: Bro.
Speaker 25: I put a million dollars worth of turf in a whole stadium in Columbus, Ohio, Bro and.
Speaker 13: Grow for the school. I went to about a whole million dollar stadium. Bro, what have you done?
Speaker 3: Now, Le'Veon Bell.
Speaker 5: I like that talk. I can't say that. I can't say that what have you done for the community. I'm not saying bow wow, have it. I'm just saying, but if you're gonna talk money, don't talk about you know, what's your cars and what you you know buy you know, superficiously.
Speaker 3: What are you actually doing for the community with that money?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I like that kind of talk. We need to have more of that type of flex.
Speaker 4: Well, it did get to there, and we're gonna get to that.
Speaker 7: So then Levean went off about basically bow Wow not even being bigger than him, not being from ah.
Speaker 4: You take a listen to that.
Speaker 25: No, you're from Atlanta. You've been wrapping in Atlanta literally since I've been hearing your music. I don't even even know you were from Columbus. Now, look, it's crazy Ohio state with a national championship.
Speaker 13: But everybody wanted to time to board April from the city. You know you not Let's say Columbus a Columbus. Let's say for the time being, for the tickets or your big Columbus will accept this guy. Do you think you're bigger than me? Bro? Cause you meet a reality check?
Speaker 17: Real.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you had a nice little rap career, but obviously that's up in the air at gone rap career done. We know that I'm probably bigger rapper to you right now.
Speaker 7: Why would be playing with It's like the minute you try to come for a boy got play with his music and his rap career.
Speaker 4: He had a big career. He didn't have a little career, was a big deal. That's Nola and can we please also too?
Speaker 7: I feel like if you didn't know that bow Wow was from Ohio because he said in almost every song at one point, that's your fault.
Speaker 12: Not his.
Speaker 4: That's like good listen.
Speaker 8: I understand why he said that because a lot of people thought bow Wows from Atlanta, even though if you follow Bao, he does say Columbus, but he also Atlanta too.
Speaker 7: Nobody he does not Atlanta because it's so that. But who thought bow I was from not from Ohio? He always said he was from Ohio.
Speaker 3: I always thought was from Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 2: They always said Columbus, but he reaped Atlanta to But like people just love to.
Speaker 4: Play with him and they know what the trigger him too. It's always a little rap career. You not from here.
Speaker 7: This is the first time, though, I think I've ever heard somebody tell about he's not from Ohio.
Speaker 8: Bow I repped both because he was on growing up Atlanta. Like bow Wow is known for Columbus and he's known from Atlanta.
Speaker 7: I don't like it when people if y'all can't tell them about It led to a great conversation though, because bow Wow and Le'Veon Bell both posted a screenshot of them on FaceTime and it's sparked conversation between the two. The caption of this of the face of the screenshot says, had a great talk. It's amazing what a little communication can do. Big plans in the future to bring to the city together, nothing but respect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I like.
Speaker 5: That's why I like the conversation le've Yon Bell was happening, Like what are you doing for the community?
Speaker 3: Like what have you done? That's what I like to hear.
Speaker 8: You know, some Simone Boles is from Columbus, Oia. I didn't know that Lotto was born in Columbus, Oia.
Speaker 5: From Columbus and money y'all figure some on. That's not like Okay, I know I said less West than the NISI York. That's the true money wise, but ain't none of y'all biggest the more boss.
Speaker 3: Just want y'all to know that.
Speaker 2: Who knew that?
Speaker 10: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that either.
Speaker 3: About that?
Speaker 2: Look it up my website.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where you're from, so I should ask you. You won't claim Dominican for nothing?
Speaker 7: I am black ill we said black people don't do We said, well you could be either or so you go go twice?
Speaker 13: Look it up?
Speaker 2: Where's she from? Where is some bios from Columbus, Ohio?
Speaker 13: Thank you?
Speaker 4: How long she lived there?
Speaker 3: That's a good point. It's a good question now because.
Speaker 4: You know I don't know the answer to that question. Oh oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: M I don't know know she was from there, but shout out to Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 3: Grew up in Texas stuff.
Speaker 7: I think it's if you didn't like middle school high school. I don't know if you really count as from somewhere. Going back to my original point, the biggest, bigger, don't play with bowe Wow, Okay.
Speaker 2: Don't play with Big bow Weezy respect, we respect by numbers, we do all right, got something else he done?
Speaker 5: Old enough to remember watching Bowe Wow on our Senio Hall in real time you oh yes, and seventy eight I remember on Hall with Snoop Dogg in real time.
Speaker 8: You know, I respect, respectful before he did the social depth there right, uh yeah bye and b.
Speaker 7: Twok were my first music concert in Delaware. I want the tickets on the radio. And when I went there, I cried, I was I love yes, I love them. So back then I think it was a scream scream, it was something. But we had the airbrush shirts. I want my cousins.
Speaker 3: I cry.
Speaker 7: It was a whole day.
Speaker 5: But just for the record, stop arguing about hoods that you know you don't own no property in. Stop arguing about hoods that you don't invest no money.
Speaker 4: In property or nothing.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying they don't.
Speaker 2: That's the facts, all right. Well, Charloamann were giving a dunkey.
Speaker 3: Two for after the hour. We need somebody to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 5: His name is Nicholas Sabo, and not just him, his wife, Because ladies y'all can learn something from this donkey of today. And that's something is if you're going to order something off goddamn uber eats an instacart, you need to let.
Speaker 3: The whole house know before somebody gets shot. We'll discuss. I'm with you.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast club. Some donkey days just saw himself, Charlotte Man ready for.
Speaker 5: I never heard them donkey other day, say it again, Charlama, I'm a donkey, you are.
Speaker 2: Everything and Searloe Man, the same is true.
Speaker 3: Yes, Donky Today for Thursday, January twenty third goes to a forty three year old man named Nicholas Sabo, but his wife has to share some of this he haul with him too, because his wife put him in a position that many men get put in. And I'll explain after I tell you what happened to see, Nicholas was arrested on a charge of recklessly endangering another person because he shot somebody on his property. Now you know, I'm two a all day, okay to a all day.
Speaker 5: I believe a black man owning a legal firearm in this country is a former self care Okay. I think that every family should own at least two firearms. Then everyone in the house, man, woman and child who is old enough should know.
Speaker 3: How to shoot. Take your family to the range, because hey, you'd never know.
Speaker 5: So with that said, why is Nicholas and his wife getting the biggest sea hall because Nicholas shot someone on his property.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go to WNP ABC sixteen for the report.
Speaker 11: Police a man face his charges after allegedly shooting a delivery driver in Lakwana County. Please say, Nicholas Sabo shot at a man delivering groceries to his home in Newton Township on Saturday. Investigators say the driver was at the correct address and Sabo's wife placed the order. The driver was taken to the hospital is expected to be okay. Sabo is charged with reckless endangerment.
Speaker 5: Only in America can delivering a bag of kale turn into an action movie standoff? Okay, drop the Tropicana orange juice or else. Listen to me, ladies, Uh, this is the white's fault. When you order from UBI, each, Door Dash, Instacart, whatever it is, always tell your husband, Okay, my brothers. I don't know how y'all anxiety is set up, but I got everything at my house. Door Bird Security cameras, all types of very sensitive alarm systems. I got the whole property under surveilance. And it's bad enough, ladies, that you all use Amazon every damn day. Between Amazon FedEx ups, there is always some scranger on the property.
Speaker 3: But the difference between them they usually.
Speaker 5: Be in a truck, so you know what it is when you're ordering food and groceries, they come in non descript cars.
Speaker 3: You looking at the camera like who is that?
Speaker 5: How many times if you turned to your wife and kids said turn to your wife kids and said order something all the time, all the damn time, okay, and until you hear him say yes, then you just gotta assume the OPS is on your property.
Speaker 3: Okay. That's why I can understand what Nicholas said. What was thinking, ladies, kids?
Speaker 5: When you order food on any of these abstra groceries, uh, you know, please tell the man in the house.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: But this is where the wife really gets the brunt of this. He heard a wife is the one who ordered the groceries. But the wife is also the one who received the alert from the home security camera that movement had been detected near the garage and she thought someone was trying to break into a utility trailer on their property. Now listen, I'm glad that Nicholas has a partner that's just as paranoid as him. But come on, miss lady, you can't forget that you ordered insta cart at a time like this. Okay, do you not understand everyone is on edge and everyone at this moment is preset to wish your mother for wood? Okay, everybody is in wishing mother for wood mold.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: We are in a constant state of fight, flight or fire, ah in these United States of anxiety, and Nicholas chose the fire because you gotta understand. When your alarm goes off and then someone in your house, especially your wife, says she thinks someone is trying to break into something. When you go to grab your pistol and go outside, you're already thinking it show hime.
Speaker 3: Okay, you not there to negotiate.
Speaker 5: With this supposed intruder because you already believe they up to no good and you don't know what their intentions are.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can be so paranoid.
Speaker 5: Your anxiety can get the best of you so much that you can turn two day shipping into a two minute shooting all right. Poor Instacot driver just came over to deliver packages and almost ended up a pack all because he was trying to figure out if the eggs go on the punch or the front steps.
Speaker 3: There was no verbal confrontation or nothing, just fire shot him in the lake. Okay.
Speaker 5: The wife ordered the groceries, the husband ordered the chaos, all because it was poor communication on the delivery instructions. You have to read the fine print when you're ordering things. Okay, you can give people special instructions on where to take and leave things. Poor guy just trying to make an honest living delivering Instacart and get shot right. He ran back to this vehicle where his wife and child was waiting for him. He drove off and called down one one. That man could have been murdered. He could have woke up dead somewhere to day, simply because of miscommunication. And Nicholas has been charged with recklessly endangering another person and he could face more charges, all because his wife simply forgot. Maybe we need security alerts that remind us, like movement detected danger or just dinner. What do you even say to your husband after this?
Speaker 3: Please give Nicholas sayble and his wife, the sweet sounds of the Hamiltons.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you are the dog gee of the day, the dog gee.
Speaker 3: All the day.
Speaker 13: Ye.
Speaker 5: If you thought the price of groceries was high, wait till you see that bell. And wait do you see how much it cost to pay for a lawyer? All because your wife simply didn't tell you.
Speaker 3: That she ordered groceries. It's messed up, but I understand.
Speaker 4: I'm glad the guy is Okay, though.
Speaker 3: I messed up, but it's understanding.
Speaker 8: But that's that's the first process at my house is when I hear something I had. Everybody did y'all order food? They should tell your person all eat all that, and then when they say no, then I can know I can get action. Nobody who is your uber eats here? Okay, that's your guy? Like yeah, because I'm nervous.
Speaker 7: Nobody got hurt through that one liner that you said. It would have been good. You said, the wife ordered the groceries, the husband ordered the chaos. If nobody got hurt, that would have been like a that was cute, the chaos and somebody hurt. I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If nobody got hurt, it just would have been cute.
Speaker 3: It's like I think it was cute. It ghos, he didn't die.
Speaker 4: Okay, something about the my man never mind that.
Speaker 3: Turns you on.
Speaker 4: I was like, I wrote that down.
Speaker 3: Don't get your gun. Oh he got a gun?
Speaker 15: Girl?
Speaker 4: No, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: He just shot the instacart driver.
Speaker 8: Because, like you said, they'll be coming to non descriptive cars all dark. Now that's right, all right, Well thank you for that, donkey.
Speaker 5: What the husband was thinking though, when you went outside and he just saw this person with a handful of groceries, you still got to shoot.
Speaker 2: Right, because yeah, but that's nothing. He had groceries.
Speaker 7: But you never know because people be pulling up with deliveries and it pushed their way into your house.
Speaker 4: I never heard them saying that.
Speaker 5: Probably looks strange if your wife is like, you think somebody trying to break in the utility trailers and you outside and he's standing there with avocados and spring water and you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what the hell.
Speaker 4: Avocados in spring water?
Speaker 7: I'm just saying Mountain Valley. Maybe I'm glad he's okay, though, Now.
Speaker 2: If he had a plan, you would have shot right.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're just nasty.
Speaker 4: Silence.
Speaker 2: If you saw him with an egg plant, you want to man, can I can I have it?
Speaker 3: I'll eat it raw? What you would even chop it up for nothing? When we come back, definitely Rose, when we come back. He's running for governor of New Jersey. Is nasty, Okay, so my best egg plan eater right there. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is dj Envy, Jess, Hilarius, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club Long the Rosa filling in for Jess. We got a special guest in the building, Governor Morocca Hey. He's running for governor. Ladies and gentlemen, Ross Baraka, welcome, brother, thank you, thank you. Glad to be here.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna put your hat in this race? And what makes you want to run for governor?
Speaker 14: I already did. I think it's time, man. I mean we have a very short window. I don't think we get an opportunity to do this anymore. There's a crowded feel. It's an opportunity for African American kid from the city of nork Uh to make New Jersey live up to its democratic values, to build a broad based coalition, to really respond to the issues we deal with in the city every day that I think a state wide issues. This was a housing, unemployment, safety, uh, the affordability of the state being too expensive for most folks in New Jersey. We deal with those things. Every problem New Jersey got. We got it twice in Newark. But whatever we grappling with the state is doing it. And if we're mitigating those problems in Newark, we can certainly do it in the state. And if the state is better, Newark is better.
Speaker 3: So what are some things you'll be able to do as governor that you aren't right now capable of doing?
Speaker 9: Is myth?
Speaker 14: Help build more affordable housing across the state of New Jersey, which makes it easier for folks like folks in Newark who are trying to get in housing. So we started twenty percent affordability and all development in the city. The state followed suit and did the same thing. So now there's not one hundred people on the waiting list, it's five thousand people on the waiting list because New Jersey is in it. And now we can't discriminate against where you come from across the state, which means we need more affordable housing in a state we need workforce housing. We can do that, right, we can help reduce the violence, not just in Newark, but also Camden and Trenton, right in Jersey City and places like that. To begin to create an environment in the city or in the state that is conducive to business, conducive to grow, helping families.
Speaker 13: Grow and be safe.
Speaker 14: We can do that and bring more business to the state of New Jersey. We've brought them to Newark, so we could bring them to the state. You know, I think we uniquely qualified. Most of these other folks that are running have never done, have no receipts of doing anything except for being in the Democratic Party. To them, I mean that gives them the privilege. The party picks them and puts them in front of people and say this is who you're supposed to vote for.
Speaker 13: I'm tired of that.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 13: We got to mix it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love Newark, Man, and you know, you've done some amazing things in Newark, Man Broka.
Speaker 2: One thing I want to talk about is Newark. They experienced a sixty.
Speaker 5: Percent decrease in the violent crime right, and a lot of times, you know, they say that in cities, but you don't see it in Newark compared to where Newark was, you know, a decade ago, you can see that Newark is.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a lot safer than it was. Not saying it's perfect, but it's a lot safer than it was. How did you do that?
Speaker 14: Well, we created an ecosystem officer violence prevention, trump Recovery, brick city peace collectives. In that essence, we brought in community based organizations to partner with the police, which the police started doing really intelligence based policing, but we bought bruckers on to kind of identify with crime, what's happening that, with violence, what was happening that. For example, they told us all the bodega's in the city where violence happened in one hundred feet up and gave us some data point that said if we turned the lights on in this area, it will reduce violent crime about thirty four percent if we put lights on in this area.
Speaker 13: So we did those things right.
Speaker 14: We put community people in those communities to deal with high risk interventions, deal with folks that were trying to retaliate kids that are getting out of jail, meeting them immediately like yo, this, we need you to get involved in this and do this give them opportunity and we have a I want to thank like New Direction, you know one hood organizations like that that work with us in the city, that do very very dangerous work in these communities, trying to reduce the temperature, like they say, reduce the temperature.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask congestion pricing. What's your take on congestion pricing? Does it help, does it hurt? How does it affect? Especially in New Jersey, A.
Speaker 14: Bunch of rich bureaucrats fighting with each other about things that work in people have no knowledge of the reality. I think the objective is right that obviously the environment and congestion is a problem. I think going at it this way is an issue. And that's usually what the problem is in the state House and governments because most of these people's making these decisions, make decisions based on a small frame of reference, on a small circle, and they're not bringing people in, regular working folks in to weigh in and on what they're trying to do. You're not bringing the fire guy in who lives in the outer boroughs, who gotta work in Manhattan every single day, that's gonna have to pay that. You're not you know, working class people in New Jersey. You have to drive here to go to work. We don't make a whole lot of money that you're at. You're hitting them over the head again and again and again. You're driving people away from the party, driving away from government. They're becoming more cynical because they think that these guys are making decisions that are hurting them. They don't care about all of the big issues you're talking about because you're hurting my pockets. I don't got no money as it is. Ain't gonna take more of my money. This doesn't make sense, So we have to figure it out. Now they say, oh, we need to do reverse congestion at that. Yeah, I think it's ridiculous, right, I think these are just political people throwing volleys at each other in the newspaper, trying to get video and in airtime, you know, trying to get earned media about this stuff.
Speaker 13: The reality is none of that. It's gonna fix the problem.
Speaker 14: Like, if you want to deal with congestion, you want to deal with the issues people have, and you need to get on the ground and talk to folks about how to really solve this problem. And if you're raising money for MTA, off the backs of working class people. I think that's wrong, and we need to figure out how to do that in a better way right doesn't hurt working class folks.
Speaker 5: I want you to expand on that. That's a problem that I feel like just Democrats have is with their messaging. But you say you got something that you say. We say politicians can't make policy for people they can't see. They can't solve problems they don't know exist. And I say that all the time in regard to politicians because they talk about people they never talk too.
Speaker 3: So how can politicians do a better job of it?
Speaker 14: They got to get out of there, go to the barbershop, the beauty parlor, the thrift store, the lounge, the bar.
Speaker 13: They gotta talk to folks where they at.
Speaker 14: You know, right now now people are picking people for people and you know, sarrogates are running out convincing people to vote for you, and you're not going in front of people talking and having conversations with them. And that's the real problem, Like you don't know these people, like you don't know the parent that has an eight year old, seven year old and a four year old got to go to work, leave them home at the house, try to get their neighbors to check on them because she can't afford childcare. Right, And then you know, the child finds a gun and shoots himself, and everybody talking bad about her, but not about the economy that's the richest in the world, that does not allow folks to find childcare that they can afford. So now she has to make a decision, right, or the fact that I can't pay my rent because I'm buying Christmas gifts and I wait for my income tax to come in so to level up on my rent. But I want to buy Christmas gifts. I don't know these people. I don't have conversations with these people, so the policies I make are not going to address them. For example, New Jersey fighting over a policy for five hundred for seniors that make five hundred thousand dollars to give them tax breaks. You know, my grandmother is in a nursing home, trying to figure out how to pay the nursing home, how to pay medicine right, how to do all the very specific things. She don't got a home here in, a home in the Hamptons, and a home in Florida. But we don't see these people, so you can't make policy for them. So those people get pissed out. And the problem is those are the majority.
Speaker 7: Of the people, and for you, somebody that is with the people, right, even when something like the congestive pricing happens with the tolls and stuff, when people are talking to you, how do you what are you instantly trying to do to help them? Because a lot of people I know that are in Jersey, You're like, well, especially us that aren't from there, and we moved there thinking it was better for us to commute.
Speaker 4: We like, dang, we might as well move into New York now.
Speaker 7: But then that goes against what you're trying to do with bringing people to Jersey and getting these companies to invest in it. Like, how do you start to solve that problem before us leaving Jersey becomes a problem.
Speaker 14: I think what the governor is trying to do is he's still keeping it in court, trying to raise the issue of it so it can be reversed. I mean, he went as far as wrote a letter to Donald Trump. I don't know how far this is going to go, but ultimately we have to keep it on people's mind that can continue to have the discussion about it to see if we can repeal it in some way. We can't just allow it to sit like that to Yay or somebody else. Has to figure out how to compensate people or give them an opportunity to reduce the what it's going to cost, the burden to go back and forth to the city who were forced to go there, not just going there because they trying to go shopping.
Speaker 2: All right, we got more of a rads Baraka. When we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's dj n V.
Speaker 8: Jess Hilarrys Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club, Laura Larroossa filling in for Jess.
Speaker 2: We're still kicking him with rods Baraka. Now, did you go to inauguration?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 3: You did not go. No, we actually put out a statement talking about Trump's first day.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't have went there. I mean it was crazy. I mean all all the things he did, I mean he said he was going to do so, I mean it's crazy. He attacked birthrights, citizenship, got rid of diversity, equity and inclusion, fired everybody, got.
Speaker 13: Rid Office of viox Prevention, I went to the website. It's gone.
Speaker 14: You know, just all of the things that we need to continue to do what we're doing in the state of New Jersey and Newark. He just attacked and got rid of partnered to all of those people, straight out white supremacist, dangerous folks that he let loose. I don't know why anybody, they right mind thought it that he wouldn't do any of these things.
Speaker 13: But he did it right. And you know, people tell you who they are, like they said, believe them.
Speaker 5: Another thing I love that you've done in Newark is the homelessness program, because you've helped to cut Newark's homelessness in half.
Speaker 2: What have y'all gotten the right that a lot of people around the country haven't.
Speaker 14: Well, we have street teams, and our street teams we just expanded it to twenty four hours a day because they do so good, you know, and the state just witnessed the uptick twenty four percent this year, I mean the end of last year, and we got a little uptick too, but because we had reduced at fifty seven percent, were still down. You know, our street teams go out there through path home, we talked to folks, we get them off the street, and we're being more creative about like we created housing out of containers, right, we took the container ship and containers and we build housing out of ship and containers, which which was successful to us. We just went to the housing authority, took two hundred of their units that they weren't using, that was abandoned, and we're investing in fixing those up so we could use them as transit homes for folks that are off the street. So we have flexes to put people when we pull them off off the corners. And we're just very very very deliberate and intentional through our street team. About that, about that work.
Speaker 5: Talk about the path home with you you be speeding through stuff, never rocket because you do. Actually you're one of the elected officials. I can actually say, yo, that guy out there, he does doesn't work and you can see it reflected in the city.
Speaker 3: What is the path home?
Speaker 14: Path home is like we say housing first, So we talk to people on the street until they comfortable coming with us to go places, so they know. Our street team know most of the homeless people in Newark by name, where they live at, so what and so on what street day, on what corner they end what tent day under so they continue to talk to them, right, and then we have a cell phone thing text path home eight five five on one path path home to that and the guys that go out there and engage these folks right and make sure and it's just not regular people. You know, you have a drug counselor's there, you have a psychiatrist there, you have social workers there, you have regular.
Speaker 13: Street team folks there.
Speaker 14: So it's a whole team of people that go out and bring mobile units to the folks where they are and begin to try to convince them and pull them into housing right. And sometimes they don't come right away, but the first you know, we keep going, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 13: It was the lady told the.
Speaker 14: Story that it took the folks three or four times to talk to her before she said I'm going, you know, but but she finally went, and she gave a testimony how it turned her change her life around because they kept being persistent about hey, we come in here, we go again. You know, so food we're just not giving you food. We try to give you help support, get you off the street. A lot of people come and give out food and it makes them feel good for that moment. But the person need more than food, right They need a house, they need treatment, they need counseling, and we try to bring all of that to the folks and bring them into housing when we can. All we have to do is keep building housing so people could come in to have a place to go because there's no place for us to put them. Then these street teams that become useless.
Speaker 8: Now when you become governor, because you know we're gonna put that in the air. What's the first thing you want to do for the people in New Jersey? What's the what's your first attack? I think we need to get the budget in order first.
Speaker 14: I think is out of control and we need to one cut spending, cut costs, make the wealthy paid their fairshere.
Speaker 13: That's number one.
Speaker 14: We need to invest in the economy by building housing next to transit all over the state.
Speaker 13: Need to put thousands of people to work.
Speaker 14: Turn it into a public works project, the same way we did the Less service line. Put thousands of people to work in the economy. Get the building trades to give us a price for affordable housing and tell them they can make up on the volume what they're going to miss out on what we reduce in the price build.
Speaker 13: Ten thousand and fifteen thousand units up front.
Speaker 14: Right, we need to take our procurement dollars and invest in black and brown communities immediately, to South Asian communities, women businesses. The state of New Jersey spends less than one percent of his dollars in those communities.
Speaker 13: Now, we got to turn that around, because.
Speaker 14: To me, that is why the economy doesn't grow. I mean, you know, you can't have an exclusive economy and expect it to grow. There's a whole bunch of communities that need to be engaged in the economy that.
Speaker 13: We're leaving out.
Speaker 14: The Latino populational business community represent twenty percent of the work force in New Jersey. That's on their own merit, that's without any investment, without any support from the state. We got to put money in those communities and watch those communities grow. Hire people, you hire more people, We have to pay them less unemployed employment. We get them opportunity to get homes, they can pay taxes, and then you will be crying less about the taxes you pay because they'll be helping you pay them. Right, invest in those communities asap. And that's that's what we do in the first one hundred days.
Speaker 5: Well, how how will lions Gate impact New It and how will the Netflicks impact just Jersey as a whole, like both of them.
Speaker 14: Well, lions Gates will help a community, a neighborhood that's been distressed for a very very long time. And when they come there, the airport is already building a stop there by there so people could get on the train to get to the airport, So that that's gonna be awesome. And because those students are there, obviously they're going they're gonna be retail that's gonna pop up there.
Speaker 13: Because people have to eat, they need to do these things.
Speaker 14: They're gonna get their they don't do whatever, so they're gonna Obviously the retail is going to grow there, and it's gonna do something about the housing market as well, because the housing Authority is already talking about investing in the housing in that community. So I see a shot in the arm happening for the economy in that area. And obviously the state that region is going to benefit from it. Once you put the train stop there, you know, people could get on the air tram from there. It's going to create incredible opportunity for that neighborhood and for the Elizabeth and all of the cities that are attached to it.
Speaker 13: In that reason, what.
Speaker 5: About the cannabis industry, because you know, we opened up a Pashtoria in Newark, myself and Rae Coon the chef and car sellers.
Speaker 3: What about the cannabis industry.
Speaker 13: I think it's a I mean, we got to do better in New Jersey. Let me say that.
Speaker 14: You know, I just think the bureaucracy is too much and the cost of cannabis putting it together in New Jersey is hired in places like Pennsylvania and other places like that, that we have to work out those price lower that stuff, make it competitive in our state, and cut a lot of the red tape so more these things can happen faster than it's happening now. And lean into making sure that black and brown and underrepresented community so with victimized have a bigger portion of what's happening here. That we have to do this deliberately, like New Jersey is they want to do the right think that it's afraid to do it out loud, you know what I mean. So you got a whole bunch of people. If you say, oh, black people are suffering, they'll raise their hand.
Speaker 13: I agree with that.
Speaker 14: They say, oh, we should do something about it. Their hands don't go out, you know. So that's that's really what the difference is. So we we have to lean into like, look, this we notice is the problem.
Speaker 13: You agree with it.
Speaker 14: We need to fix it. We can't charge this amount of money. There has to be carve outs for certain people in certain communities, and we have to grow it faster than what's happening.
Speaker 13: I just think it's taking too long.
Speaker 5: Well, come see us at hash story of seven nine nine Broad Street in New I need you to have the chief of police just do a little sweep in front of the store.
Speaker 3: Though. Oh yeah, a lot of a lot of entrepreneurs be out there, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 13: We had a discussion about that.
Speaker 3: It's very like our customers pull up and they be trying to get their own sales.
Speaker 2: Drop a diamond.
Speaker 7: Deal with the people that be outside his story. He can drop tell four bags so that he can increase their revenue. Maybe you should talk to those brothers and see what they're trying to do and how hair story you can.
Speaker 3: Talk to them.
Speaker 2: They try to get me. We we got to give me nothing? Or what is the election?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 13: When?
Speaker 8: Can people make sure they donate to what they need? To make sure they support you in your site and everything and.
Speaker 14: Vernor dot com that's us. June tenth is the primary in New Jersey. The general election is in November, first Tuesday in November, but the primary is June tenth. You can donate, you can get on the website, volunteer, ask questions, do whatever it is that you need to do it. Feel comfortable doing absolutely right.
Speaker 8: Well, we appreciate you for joining us. Definitely make sure you go out support Mayor Rosparaka. He will be the next governor of New Jersey. We're gonna put that in the air and thank you so much.
Speaker 17: Brother.
Speaker 3: What the website ras for governor?
Speaker 8: The number four or governor? All right, it's Rosparaka. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody, It's DJ Envy.
Speaker 8: Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Laurna. Rold is filling in for Jess. Let's get to Jess with the.
Speaker 14: Message you need is real weathers Jessica Robin Moore just don't do no lines, don't.
Speaker 9: Do that.
Speaker 4: Station.
Speaker 3: Why jes worldwide on the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 14: She's the coaching sois with Lauren Lauren ros I'm back and I got the.
Speaker 4: Mass talked to me.
Speaker 7: All right, y'all. So we talked about my wife star Natalie Didnado. And remember we were saying that she was missing. Well, there is an update, according to TMZ, who says that they spoke to her mother, Denise Fuco, Natalie is not missing anymore. She has been found safe and sound, although allegedly her identification all of her identification cards have been stolen, so she is at the time of the report earlier this morning, she was still in Vegas. Her family's just happy that they found her. They still don't know what happened to her and what all of the missing, the flights and all that good bad stuff, not good stuff, but all that stuff was about. But right now their priorities just to get her home. So they're going to get her home. They'll figure out all that stuff, and the issue is that she doesn't have that identification identification, but the airline will work with you if you can idea yourself another way, So you know, happy that she was found and she should be able to make it home. Another quick update Wendy Williams. So after we did the interview with Wendy Williams here on the Breakfast Club, there was a lot that happened following it. A lot of good things are happening on the go fundme for anyone who has visited to go fundme donated to go fund me. First of all, I know Wendy's family can say thank you for that. There has been over thirty seven thousand dollars raised and their goal is fifty k.
Speaker 3: Well, Wendy says thank you for that.
Speaker 7: Yes, Wendy says thank you for that. Yes, And this go fundme is in support of Wendy Williams fight for her independence. Now, there was an update posted to the go fundme on the twenty first of January, and that says we will officially be retaining the law firm of Swartz in Greenberg at List to represent Alex Finny. Alex Finnie is Wendy's niece who was also joined us here on the show, and Wendy was here or Wendy called in to petition the court to address all issues pertaining to Wendy Williams guardianship. These lead attorneys, who I'm told are very high profile attorneys, Jason Atlas and Brett Newsomb. Well they're in the early stages from what I'm being told of being retained and that retainer a twenty k retainer which is listed here on the go fundme.
Speaker 4: The GoFundMe will be used for that.
Speaker 7: And people may yeah for attorney fees, Well, why does Alex need an attorney whatever, whatever, But you have to have, you know, people that are also able to help Wendy speak and navigate different things as you figure out what life is going to be like if she is released from this you know what I mean, this conservativeship situation, not if or when she is really when she is released, you still want to have some proper care. You know, Wendy has a whole life she has to now plan you know, financial stuff, living stuff, and Alex has been by her side. So bringing the attorneys and will help them navigate all that. Just make sure that Alex has the support that she needs as a person speaking for Wendy. Now, I thought that this was funny also too. In the update, Wendy gave her own update from Wendy to her fans. She said, today's January twenty. First, I have a pink versop she robe and victorious secret black bra on and I am watching botched, but my body is hidden and holding with my red lipstick because it's winter still here in this luxury prison. Keep all of you updated. I didn't think that's ready, Wendy and the ressatts. He rode the Victoria's secret the red lip very much, Wendy. So yeah, Wendy is saying thank you guys for all of the support, and there will be more updates there soon, and we'll make sure that we keep you guys locked right here on the breakfast clubs to make sure you guys be tuning on in absolutely.
Speaker 2: What about the legislation, Yes.
Speaker 7: Thank you for that reminder. So another movement that has happened. The day when we were in here, we talked a lot about needing to get lawmakers involved, right because Wendy Williams and a lot of things that she's facing. We learned that day that she's not the only one going through it. So there's actually a lawmaker that came out and basically said, I'm sorry, there's a Senator SO Senator Anthony Palumbo and New York State Senator told TMZ following our interview that he is reintroducing a piece of legislation that will help to change guardianship laws regarding family visitation in the state. Now, according to him, there's something called Carolyn's Law, and it will allow families to visit loved ones by filing a motion with the court. Now, the guardian wants this is filed, would have ten days to show the court if the person that is trying to visit displays any inappropriate conduct, and if not, they can visit. So it basically wouldn't be just up to the guardian to say, oh, well, we need to keep you safe from ABC and D and these people are not safe, you can't see them. It would actually be like the family can say, hey, we're safe, we should be able to go and visit, and the court would be in the middle of it. So there's a you know, checks and balances that would be in the conversation that the law is.
Speaker 5: Actually designed to ensure family members have a legal path to visit a loved one under guardianship.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep, exactly.
Speaker 7: So that's great news to hear and he says that he's actually been following Wendy's case for some years now and that her being locked up in the apartment is tragic. And he goes on to say that even if like this is not what he's saying is happening, But he says, even if Wendy's memory was failing, because the guardianship is trying to leisure she has dementia, she should still be allowed to be with her family instead of forcibly separating her from them.
Speaker 4: So she wanted to make that clear. So that all good stuff.
Speaker 5: And now that's good because that's a law that's going to apply to everybody.
Speaker 4: Yes, yep.
Speaker 7: And like I said, there were so many people that were calling. I got dms on Instagram, just people that were like, yo, we've been through this. Yeah, and they don't have Wendys you know what I mean, like when he has a lot of friends in places, but they don't have that. So this can help people that this is gonna be a trickle down effects.
Speaker 3: That's right at you Breakfast Club, Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Wendy.
Speaker 7: You know when first and foremost, because she spoke out, no, it could have been really bad for her, she could have been on the breakfast.
Speaker 5: Clubs at you breakfast club, say say you're welcome, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Say you're welcome, Lauren, Wait, but we.
Speaker 7: Are breakfast club. That's right, Just go, oh, you're welcome. Okay, all right. In other news, the Oscar nominations are happening literally right now as an announcement. It's happening right now as we are speaking. This is being announced on Good Morning in America. Now some of the nominations. Just to point out real quick and again this is developing. So if there's anything else to talk about, we'll be back tomorrow. With that actress in the Leite role nomination, Cynthia Arrivo for Wicked. Ariana Grande was also nominated. This is her first nomination. I've got to look up exactly what she was nominated for, but first nomination in relation to Wicked as well. Two for an Oscar actor in Elite role, Camen Domingo. And then we also have other awards. The iHeart Media Awards have also been announced. The nominations and special award of recipients for its annual iHeart Music Awards that will be taking place on March seventeenth at Adobe Theater in Los Ange. Podcast Awards Meredy iHeart Radio Music Awards. Oh God, I'm reading Wow, it's here in front of me, crazy real quick. Song of the Year for the iHeart Awards Tipsy by Shaboozie A Gory Hills Doja Cat, Artists of the Year Jelly Roll Kendrick Lamar, Artists of the Year sais A Taylor Swift. These award things are happening right now, y'all. Y'all think she's going fast. It's moving fast.
Speaker 4: It's live.
Speaker 7: Hip Hop Artist of the Year Drake Andrew Lamar is also in there.
Speaker 4: Chris Brown R and B.
Speaker 7: Artists of the Year. Okay, I Heart Chris Brown, Uni Long, Sissa R and B. Artist of the Year Sissa. I think Sizza got she has money Long, money Long.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: All right, Well that is Jess with the mess with law La Rosa. Now let's get to the people's choice. Makes hit us up with your request. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Come morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 8: Everybody's dj en V, Jess, Hilarrys Charlamagne, Thea God. We are the Breakfast Club. Law Laurels filling in for Jess and now I know some of these nominations are still coming in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wanted to make sure I mentioned Ariana Grande. I told you that this is her first OSCAR nomination. She is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in Wicked. Wicked is doing her and Cynthia Rivo.
Speaker 4: A lot of justice.
Speaker 2: How many times Cynthia was nominated.
Speaker 4: Cynthia, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They both killed it again.
Speaker 7: This is rolling out, so I don't know the exact number of the amount of times. But she was nominated as well too.
Speaker 2: I heard it was good.
Speaker 3: I fell asleep it.
Speaker 4: Yet, but you fell asleep?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I felt because you know, I'm old, and I was in there with my kids and it was really for them. I tried to watch it, but every time I woke up, it was good. Were you up?
Speaker 3: No, I was off a Friday. It was a Friday.
Speaker 4: I have to do that Friday work. You gotta do Saturday night, the kids to the nap.
Speaker 3: He woke up and it was I still watched. It was still good, and every time I woke up it was it.
Speaker 17: You know what?
Speaker 7: Every time I woke up it was it. Fridays after work y'all still got a parent.
Speaker 3: Y'all be higher parent for a second.
Speaker 5: I don't want to put you know, the caught before the horse, but you know, yeah, the caught before the horse. But you know first first maybe you'll get a man.
Speaker 4: And then your God don't like ugly I don't know.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 2: He be you ain't found a man.
Speaker 3: Yet because you do not appreciate ugly men. Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, first of all, I love this medium.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, you talking door the heck out of you by the universe just opened up for.
Speaker 16: You, like no, no, no no.
Speaker 7: But the problem is those normally be the ones that that will be quiet. They be in the background, they be chilling and be like thirty girls now ouside your mom house.
Speaker 4: Because while you're being weird to me, you want.
Speaker 3: A baby on it?
Speaker 4: What so bad?
Speaker 3: You you complicated if you want the baby or not.
Speaker 7: I want happiness, family, and that's what I'm going to have.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Envy time will come.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you speak at the wedding, not not devil over there.
Speaker 3: That's the most cliche thing that.
Speaker 2: Will come.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, when we come back positive notice the breakfast club, good morning warning everybody, is dj n V. Jess Hilary is Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now it's time to get up out of here. Charlamne, you got a positive note I do.
Speaker 5: I want to thank everybody first of all who came out the green Light Bookstore in Brooklyn last night for Anita Kopak's you know, her second book, to Win on Her Tongue, came out yesterday. It is book two of the Daughter of Three Waters trilogy. It's available everywhere you buy books now. Man, we had a great conversation at green Light Books last night and Brooklyn talking to Win on her Tongue.
Speaker 3: Where they need a copax. We'll make sure you go and get that. And I want to tell everybody out there, this is a great quote comes from my man.
Speaker 2: Ryan Holiday.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: You know I love all of Ryan Holiday's books. And this comes from Ego as the Enemy. Ryan Holliday says, your potential the absolute best you're capable of. That's the metric to measure yourself against. Your standards are okay, your standards. Winning is not enough. People can get lucky and win, people can even be a holes and win. Anyone can win, but not everyone is the best possible version of themselves. Go out there and be the best possible version of yourself today, y'all have a great day.
Speaker 2: Breakfast club you don't finish for y'all done,