Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's see where some movers and shakers are out there in this marketplace. We can do that, but Bloomberg's common, Ryankey, Carmen, what are you looking at?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the first thing I'm looking at this morning is Qualcom. So this is ticker QCOM. So shares are they're off their highs, but they're up about two point one percent right now. This is the best well at highs. It was the best in about three weeks. So this is a smartphone processor maker, and it's said it plans to buy back an additional twenty billion of shares, and it's raising its quarterly cash dividend to ninety two CENTSUS share from eighty nine cents. So this is interesting because last month the company issued a pretty like lukewarm forecast, so it said that there was there's a global shortage of memory chip names, and that would mean that some of its customers wouldn't make as many handsets, like especially in China. So definitely good to see a little bit more green on the screen here. This stock is down more than twenty percent year to date.
Speaker 2: Ouch.
Speaker 1: All right, let's stay in the chip space and talk about Nvidia because it's holding its annual conference, and this is now day two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is day two. Yesterday everyone was watching Jensen Wong's keynote. So the stock is at its lows right now. It's down about more than half a percent. This is ticker NVDA. So I mean, I think I think that was interesting yesterday about the keynote. Is Jensen sort of mentioned this this new sales outlook, so one trillion in sales through twenty twenty seven, and the stock really spiked on that, and then sort of as the market digested that figure and realized it doesn't really represent sort of a major acceleration in sales growth. It's maybe kind of maybe about the same as sort of what they were seeing this year, which was five hundred billion through twenty twenty six, the stock came down from that. So as this conference goes on, obviously we'll be watching in Vidia very closely, you know.
Speaker 3: But I was reading some notes off Wall Street that said, that's that one train doll on numbers like double where the consensus was before. So to me, that's like an OMG kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think the thing is it's the growth, Like is the growth accelerating? Right? So we see in video put up these amazing numbers over and over again. I think investors are just kind of in this space where you know the it's expected, it's expected to I get fooled by the round numbers.
Speaker 1: I mean, the big round numbers are certainly impressive, and you know, within Vidio that's what you're looking for because they're kind of leading the vanguard on all this.
Speaker 3: Yeap, all right, one more? What else?
Speaker 4: So yeah, Actually kind of also coming out of GtC, we're looking at shares of Uber tick Er Uber in lyft l y ft. So these are both up about four four and a half five percent today. So both ridechair firms and in Vidia announced separate autonomous vehicle partnerships. So Uber is launching a fleet of Nvidia software driven autonomous vehicles. This is by twenty twenty eight. And then on lift side, they are using in videos ai to sort of enhance its own machine learning systems across global operations. So both of them getting a little bit of a shine there from in video.
Speaker 2: Partnerships, the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.