Speaker 1: If you have your own story of being in a cult or a high control group.
Speaker 2: Or if you've had experience with manipulation or abusive power that you'd like to share.
Speaker 1: Leave us a message on our hotline number at three four seven eight six trust.
Speaker 2: That's three four seven eight six eight seven eight seven eight, or.
Speaker 1: Showed us an email at trust Me pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Trust me, Trust trust me.
Speaker 4: I'm like a squat person. I've never lied to you.
Speaker 2: I never If you think that one person has all the answers, don't welcome to trust Me. The podcast about cults, extreme belief and manipulation from two artificially intelligent beings who've actually experienced it. I'm Lola Blanc.
Speaker 3: And I'm Megan Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Today's guest is Sarah Teitelman. She's a tech consultant and author of a forthcoming book about tech who's going to talk to us about the culty elements of technology. And while Sarah's specialty lies more in optimization of the nonprofit workplace, we're going to have more of a philosophical discussion about how we are expected to just try us in our tech overlords without questioning both the CEOs and the algorithms themselves, how it's a sort of coercion to be handed algorithms and apts with no say in or understanding of how they work, and how AI factors into all of it.
Speaker 1: Culty, we'll talk about the difficulty of reigning and tech fast enough, how social media is dulling our critical thinking skills, and what she sees as a better approach to tech and life in general. It's also worth noting that one of the things she said in this interview that really blew my mind is that the people creating the AI or the technology don't even know how it's working themselves, which is just so scary.
Speaker 2: It's so scary.
Speaker 5: What's going on in there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't know, will nobody knows.
Speaker 2: We will discuss. We do not know, but we will discuss.
Speaker 6: We always do.
Speaker 2: Listen, it's a podcast, Milligan, before we talk tech. What's your cultiest thing of this week?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I've been following the story in the Philippines. It's a group called the Kingdom of Jesus Christ or the ko JC. It's run by a man named Apollo who shocking. Yeah this might be surprising to you, but he is the owner of the universe and appointed son of God.
Speaker 6: No, no, I know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, according to him, don't come at me anybody who believes in this. But he is currently on a like a compound where they built underground bunkers for him, and he's hiding. They sent like two thousand riot police out to get him last week with like detectors that can detect humans through cement. They still haven't found him. And then I'm reading the other side where his believers are saying this is way too much force, Like we didn't do anything wrong. He's of course being charged with child sexual abuse and fraud and all of the other things in between that we usually see here. And the fbis in our country is actually involved as well.
Speaker 3: So they still got him.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, so dramatic. I want to know what happens and where he is. Like, are his followers being like, of course you can't detect him because he's undetectable because he's like a god or whatever.
Speaker 1: No, I think they're like, he's in a hundred foot bunker. But also but also there, I mean, they probably have a sensation of it being divine intervention.
Speaker 2: I would yeah, you know, I mean when you when you say he's no one has detected anything. I'm like, sounds very ex files. Well, I can't wait to hear more about how that goes, because yeah, people who do that should not be doing that, agreed.
Speaker 1: And one of the things he said he did was stop an earthquake from happening. And I'm just like, okay, so did.
Speaker 2: I I mean, you too, can't prove that you're not sting earthquakes listeners. What are you even doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's kind of obnoxious in my opinion, but again, don't come at me. Maybe he's great.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, uh, will you he's not great. I think he's The thing you just said is something. Yeah, I never like have the words to articulate in the moment, so I'm going to do a bad job of it. But it's it's about how you are making an unprovable claim when, which I feel like happens so much is on the internet, in particular, speaking of tech, where people will put out a claim and you can't prove that they're not right, but there is no evidence that they are, and that distinction is very important, Like, yes, I cannot technically reach into my possible earthquake list a file and like, find the earthquake that you prevented. But also you have zero evidence to prove that you did it, So so what are we talking about.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, that's an interesting point.
Speaker 6: You have.
Speaker 2: The burden is on the person making the claim to furnish evidence, is what I'm saying. Obviously that's a very extreme one, so we all know he didn't do that. But it's an example of that thing that comes up a lot, which is always, for some reason, really hard for me to articulate in the moment.
Speaker 1: And we all don't know that you did it because millions of people are in this cult because they've been so well groomed.
Speaker 2: So it's oh, is it that big? Is this like a national religion?
Speaker 1: I guess the Philippines And uh okay, I guess the Philippines political culture is very tight in with the religious culture, and so this is also kind of a political move when you get down deeper into it, which then brings you to the fact that like Christianity was brought there to begin with by the Spanish, and it's just.
Speaker 2: All so confused. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Yeah, religion and politics should be separate people.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen, I minimen.
Speaker 2: Well, similar to what you seem to be describing, but about five decades earlier. My cultiest thing is about a compound that is now for sale in New York could be yours for six million dollars. And I love the real estate like the cult compound. Real estate listings like this is this is a fun category for me. So this is a building in Brooklyn that is decorated like ancient Egypt. It's got murals on the outside, it's got statues. According to the New York Post, it has a dark history as the home of a UFO believing cult whose hateful leader has claimed he's God from outer space. So it's at the corner of Bushwick and Heart and the group is called the probably butchering the name the Nuwabian Nation, who also called themselves Sabaian Sibbians. I'm saying I'm probably saying wrong. This group was really big in the seventies and eighties. The Southern Poverty Law Center designated them as a hate group because they were peddling black supremacist ideas with various conspiracies related to the Illuminati, worship of the Egyptians, belief in UFOs, but of course, like unto the man you just described, the leader, there were child sexual assault. Don't even think allegations. I think he actually was arrested for them. He went to jail for let's see, he was sentenced to over one hundred and thirty years in federal prison on multiple racketeering and child molestation convictions. The whole thing is he's a god from outer space. So that's the baseline. As we know.
Speaker 3: How many earthquakes did he stop?
Speaker 2: That's what I thought, probably like a lot. They moved there. They relocated to Georgia, where they built a massive compound consisting of two pyramids in anticipation of a UFO slated to visit Earth in two thousand and three and take with it one and forty four thousand chosen people. On the other hand, the neighbors are like, yeah, they're fine, they're nice. They don't really do anything. They have barbecues, they hand out turkeys.
Speaker 6: They're fine.
Speaker 2: Now, So I don't know, but I do know that you can buy the property if you would like to have an Egyptian temple in Brooklyn. It is available to you now.
Speaker 1: From a racist pedophile six million dollars who wants it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know Brooklyn real estate that is very confident.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, as we always say, tech is helping people get out of cults and to get into them. So it's interesting to think about that cult however, many years ago and now this cult present day, and how much more information people have about it now and how they can easily find out how to get into it and how you get out of it.
Speaker 2: It's true. Oh my god, I thought you said Jack and I was like, Jack, Jack is Jack is doing? What about cults? I understand tech.
Speaker 1: You said tech, which is related to our episode.
Speaker 2: I get it. Yeah, you're absolutely right. It is so much easier to get into a cult now now, and it's so much easier to get out a summing. You are ready to look it up online. Yeah, so let's get into that discussion now, should we.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: And I'm just going to throw out the name of her book. It's in in the Art of Digital Transformation, Leading a Mindful Redesign of the Digital Enterprise, and we will let you guys know when it is released.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to Sarah.
Speaker 2: Welcome Sarah Titelman to trust me. Thank you for joining us, Thank you for having me. You are someone who's going to speak to us a little bit about technology and the cultic qualities that technology can have. Can you first give us a little bit of background on you and why you are talking about technology in these terms.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I came into technology kind of in a roundabout way. I did not start my career at all in tech. I was actually a comparative literature major as an undergrad and then kind of wandered around and found that I really enjoyed kind of thinking about communities and community health. And I had this trip to Africa that really inspired me to think about like community system and structures and how they support health or unhealth, and so that led me. First I thought I wanted to be a doctor, and then that was too specific, Like I actually got asked in the medical school interview like do you actually like being around sick people? And I was like, no, I don't actually.
Speaker 6: Particularly enjoy doing that.
Speaker 4: That was a great question to ask somebody going to medical school, and so that kind of like led me down this path of you know, what is it that I'm really trying to do. And he actually suggested public health, which I didn't even know what public health was at the time. I guess now, you know, post COVID, everybody knows what public health is, but at the time it was this kind of mystery field. But really what it's about, it's about looking at a population and thinking about, you know, what are the things, the behaviors, the influences, the controls that lead a population to be healthier or less healthy? Right, Like the classic example is like smoking, Like how do you make it more difficult? You know, California has done a phenomenal job at the you know, how do you make it really difficult for somebody to smoke, like just to allow them to do?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: So that's the kind of thinking that public health people do, and they have, you know, there's a lot of like behavioral researchers and things in that field that I got got turned on too during grad school and so then I went into the public health field. And it was actually during like the height of the HIV epidemic globally. I got kind of swept up in that and I was working at these large NGOs that were at the forefront of this work, and it was super complicated. There was ton you know, hundreds of millions of dollars being pumped through these organizations to essentially, you know, figure out how we can do better in the HIV crisis. And my focus area was in Africa, but you know, I'd be working at these organizations that were working in like thirty fifty in one hundred different countries, and so they basically had satellites, you know, of doctors, nurses, researchers in each of these countries working vigorously on you know, these challenges in different ways. So there was like information streaming everywhere. And I realized that what we essentially had, you know, at least at like the headquarters, you know, I'd be in DC an information problem, Like there was an information problem. There was too much information coming in. There was the ability to like process that information and make sense out of it in real time to then kind of like ingest those learnings and send them back out to the field so that we were actually making real time progress on things.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of talking about public health as it pertains to technology, because we kind of think of our brains as separate from public health so much of the time, when it's obviously the brain has so much to do with our physical health and our societal health overall, and our brains are being impacted so much every single day and being manipulated by technology that we interact with on a daily basis. I love that that's how you came to this work because that makes so much sense and it's such an important area of work. So well, when you say technology, what parts of technology are you referring to?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, So my real focus is on how organizations use technology to get their work done. So you know, I'm not really thinking about I mean, there's a lot of great thinking, for instance, out in the realm of like social media and consumer tech and all that stuff I think is like well trodden territory. You know, there's a lot of obviously discussions about you know, how healthy it is. But I think the technology within organizations, given that most people spend the majority of their days, you know, at a job in front of a computer doing stuff like we don't actually talk about that aspect of technology very much in terms of its contribution to the health and well being of employees the ability for organizations to function. Since my focus in my consulting practices on you know, supporting nonprofits in that realm, you know, it's crucially important if if the goal of a nonprofit is to you know, achieve its mission and X, Y, and z. If it can't function internally, then that's a real issue. And if it's wasting tons of money and resources and time on that, then that's less resources and time that can be spent on actually doing the work that they are wanting to do. So that was kind of always my angle. It was like, how can we do better when it comes to technology in the workplace.
Speaker 2: And what are some of the ways that we are not doing better for technology in the.
Speaker 6: Workplace or in society life. Yeah? Yeah, really bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's really bad. You know. When I started out paying attention to tech, it was because of my own frustrations as someone trying to get work done in a large, complex organization. I was like, you've got to be kidding me. You know, I've always liked tech, Like I was kind of a tech nerd when I was a kid and I had a you know, Apple computer when I was like eight or nine, and I did stuff, you know, So I like, I just like getting into things and I'm not scared for, you know, of tech at all. You know. I started connecting with folks in it, and I was like, can we do this, can we do that? And they were like, well, I don't know, you know, like just don't bother us. We're busy, you know with help us tickets, you know that kind of thing. And I was like, but we could do really cool stuff. And you know, finally I did get them on board. But you know, the issue that I see that I thought was unique to just a few of the organizations, and now that I'm a consultant, I see it every single organization is that people, the human beings that work in the organization, are not accounted for when it comes to how the technology is selected, rolled out, used. It's like they're sort of two worlds that have collided with no regard for one another. Like people have been thrown into a situation that they did not, in most cases, have any say in. They were not consulted about what their needs actually were, they were not properly trained or supported to adopt whatever this thing was, and now their job performance and their livelihood depends on it. And it's terrifying. I mean, most people are throwing around terms like PTSD from like the last failed tech implementation. You know, it's a serious crisis and it's not just like spread I mean, it's amazing, Like every single organization, every person I talk to, I've had people candidly tell me, you know, and I assumed, well, you know, nonprofits are always underfunded and they're kind of messy as organizations generally, like even the larger ones. Right, So I figured surely, you know, in other sectors like banking or tech companies themselves, like this would be a different situation, right When would assume I would assume, Yeah, I've had friends and family, you know, candidly tell me, like, you know, they work at Apple, it's the same situation there. They work at you know, Tesla, it's the same situation there. And I'm like shocked, But now I'm not shocked anymore because this just seems to be the norm.
Speaker 2: So and you say that people are using language like they have PTSD after the last rollout, Like, what would that be from? What is the disconnect that's happening? That's distressful? Yeah, distressing distressing.
Speaker 4: It's like, yeah, distressing, I think it is, you know, living through a process where it kind of hit you out of the blue. So there was you know, not adequate preparation, Like imagine you're just going about your work day, and you know the tools that you're using are imperfect, but you know them. You know. It's like you have a funky car and you know that you know, the passenger Jordan never slams unless you like hit it really hard or something. You know, you get used to those little things and you just have your way of dealing with them, and then all of a sudden, you know, out of nowhere, somebody says, hey, we're going to rip out all this stuff and we're going to replace it with something that's way better, and it's going to do all these amazing things, and you just have to go along, you know, on this journey with us. And so they do, and at some point, what do they call it, like the trough of disillusionment, like kicks in you sort of in tac there's like this curve and it's like this elation of like, oh my god, it's going to solve all our problems. And then it just bends into the trophic disillusionment and they realize, like, this is going to be incredibly disruptive to me and I don't even know how this thing works, and is this even the right solution to the problem.
Speaker 2: When we talk about technology, we're talking about its impact on you know, society as a whole, or like how it kind of creates these many cults. But I think that the point that you're making that is really resonating with me is just like we really don't get a say, there are like four companies. We all kind of are coerced into engaging with those four companies, and they're you know, smaller companies underneath them. It's totally opaque how their algorithms work, but we know that they're contributing to, for example, like making everyone's beliefs even stronger, and they're in group been making them more.
Speaker 6: Tribalistic at least right now in society.
Speaker 2: And I hope that this changes as society course corrects, maybe in fifty years, I don't know, But there really isn't a sense that like technology is working for me or I get to choose, I get a choice in what I want to be shown. I get a choice in, you know, the type of content I want to see, and not just like oh I clicked on something and therefore I will see fifty more of that thing. But like no, like holistically, like what kind of algorithms do I want in my life? We just don't get a choice. Part of that obviously is just corporations controlling everything. But I don't know, I mean, what is your sense of that sort of on a larger cultural.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, it's interesting. I mean where it kind of impacts. You know. What I'm interested in is, you know, within the workplace, there's even less control, you know, and I think that's where the trauma comes in because in the workplace, not only do you not have control, especially when you're part of a process that is not consultative, that is not human centered. And that's my big thing is human centered digital transformation. Like I'm not suggesting that we just like throw everything out and say no tech is bad. I'm just saying, like, you know, you have to design it around human beings, and you have to empower those human beings to actually have a say in how technology is used, in this case, in their work life. And when that doesn't happen, people feel incredibly threatened. They do assume that they're the stupid ones, that they just don't get it, and you know that if they were just smarter or more tech savvy or whatever, you know, and that leads to incredible levels of anxiety because if you can't perform your job and if you feel like it's out of your control, how stressful is that. My observation is that and this is like the dirty little secret of you know, enterprise tech is that the IT department doesn't even understand what's going on, Like they have completely lost the block control of what is happening. Not only do they not understand the tech that they're supposed to be responsible for, but then they might not say, hey, this is your official thing, but you know, the marketing department decides to use slack and now they're like, hey, what how do I use this? And it is like I don't know, we don't even that I didn't even know you add slack, you know, and it's just like total chaos. I think this is where, you know, it intersects really interestingly with the concept of cults. Where we're at now is that tech is evolved enough that it's actually easier to understand in that way, which is good. That's a good thing. It's being demystified. But there are people including you know, unfortunately a lot of like IT folks and all people in tech who fit tremendously from it being a black box, you know. So they're like the wizards behind the curtain and they don't ask about what goes on here, but he did, and you wouldn't understand.
Speaker 6: So just back away with the advent of AI.
Speaker 2: I wonder, like, doesn't that contribute more to that sort of we don't really know what's going.
Speaker 6: On and it's just the tech gods that are guiding us.
Speaker 4: Right Well, that that's really interesting. So yeah, I've done, you know, a fair amount of thinking about this. And I read this article a while ago which was excellent. I'll try to dig it up and send you guys the link, but I think it was in Wired magazine, and it it talked about the team that was developing chat GPT and at this point, you know, it had maybe gone to like two versions or something, and now it's on like the fourth or fifth version, and they were saying that the you know, the brilliant minds, the people who are literally creating this thing, really did not understand how it was working because basically they created what was essentially a neural network, Like they could control the inputs and they could control that, you know, they saw what the outputs were, but like, what was actually going on inside that neural network? They had, they couldn't see you can't see data flying, and like.
Speaker 1: It's like anesthesiology where they're like, we don't actually know why and how this works, but it.
Speaker 6: Works exactly right.
Speaker 4: Which interestingly, I mean, the field of anesthesiology led to a scientific study of consciousness and like what is consciousness? Because it's like, it's an interesting thing to contemplate when you're like putting people asleep, and so.
Speaker 2: Where do they go right and at what point is AI conscious?
Speaker 4: Right exactly? So the thing about AI in that regard is like, yeah, even I mean, it's mysterious to even the engineers who have built it right on the one hand, On the other hand, it's really interesting because it's the first time that like a normal human with no prior knowledge of technology could interact with technology in a very sophisticated way. Like you could be just a regular person and tell chat GPT to write you a computer program that's going to do X, Y and Z, and it will do it, which is fascinating to me because it's like the barrier between humans and computers is actually being broken down by AI. But at the same time, I mean, obviously it opens up all these areas of danger and risk and all of these things. But on the other hand, it's actually taking It's almost like the tech industry and the people who control technology, both in organizations and globally, have been in the middle of this. They're like, trust us, we know how this works, and you know, don't look behind the curtain because you won't understand. But you know, we've got this and we'll just give you the things that we think you need and call it now. It's like people have the ability to kind of look inside the machine a little bit and tinker around and say, you know, I don't like the way this is. I'd like it to be like this, or for me personally, I you know, this works better for me. So it's this really interesting time of like we're at this crossroads where yeah, there's all this scary stuff about AI, but at the same time, it's also like allowing normal people to see inside the mystery cube totally and like reduce that barrier.
Speaker 1: I was talking to my friend's cousin the other day, who is like a big Wall Street She's like a software person on Walls Street, and we were asking her, how was your day, and she was like, it was actually really interesting. I solved the code that's been like bothering our whole office for a week just from putting it in chat rept. And I was like, oh my god. And she was like and it took me a week to even think to do it, and this is what our smartest mine's and I programmed chat rept to call me baby and.
Speaker 5: Like everything about you. So we're using it for totally different things.
Speaker 6: But I was like, oh shit, this.
Speaker 1: I could now make a code just like you said.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 1: But I could also isolate myself like a cult member in my room making shit for twenty four hours a day, which I want to do.
Speaker 2: But also the companies that are serving us this product are still companies that are serving us this product for their own profit.
Speaker 6: There were a huge amount of people.
Speaker 2: Who were like, hey, we don't understand this yet, Please don't roll this out this quickly. We need to put in safeguards, and everyone was like, nah, we're just gonna keep going. You know what, it does feel like this idea of technological advancement is this sort of like thing we're holding as the god above all gods, and it's the most important thing, and it must be as fast as possible, and it must make as much money as possible, and nobody wants to stop and question that. And whenever nobody wants to stop and question it, my alarm bells go off. You know, I do feel like the tech world is very progress oriented and forward movement oriented, but there's very little like pause, think critically, what do we need to do to make this safer? And of course some companies are doing that, but it worries me how much like we hold up tech CEOs for example, as like these sort of cult like figures, and then this idea of the technology advancing as this ideal of like some promise of the future that's going to solve all problem. And that's always what you know, could say shit like.
Speaker 4: That, right, It's it's all in the you know, in the execution. It's like to me, there's no you know, ultimate good or bad when it comes to technology, you know, it is all in how it's executed. And like you said, I mean chat GPT came along and there were no like safeguards, and they kind of shifted from being you know what seemed like sort of this you know, well meaning group of technologists who wanted to create you know it was like it was an set up as a nonprofit and there were all these kind of like high minded ideas about you know, what AI was going to do, and it, you know, quickly and understandably went into this area of like, oh my god, massive business potential, you know, and then there was all out and the whole Sam Altman thing and all of that. But like I remember, like there was an interview I hadn't really been paying attention to specifics of like the whole jet Chat GPT rollout, and then I thought, you know, Sam Altman, he must be like this like mega genius, you know, and I just had this like inflated idea of him. And then I saw him interviewed on some you know thing, and I was, you know, desperately like searching for his genius, you know, getting warmed to of like he's going to say something really genius. In a moment, I'm just like, this is just a regular guy.
Speaker 6: Like this guy I.
Speaker 4: Don't even know that I would want to talk to him for very long at a party he was not. And then I started to panic. You know. It's like around that time that I read that article, and you know, it was like who are these people? That are actually at the controls, you know, do your point like are these people that we should trust? Do we even know who they are and what their motivations are and what they what keeps them up at night? I mean, why are we not able to? My husband was reminding me there's so sci fi author that you know, wrote about AI stuff, like really long time ago, you know, and they in the book they created like a moral code right for or an ethical code for AI, and it was like six or seven rules and it was like if if the AI violated one of these rules, and you know, it would like cease to exist or something, and they were really yeah, it was really smart, it was really clever. It was things like, you know, if this could ever lead to any harm to anyone, if this? And I was like, why why are we not talking about this in very practical terms, like as in this needs to exist now, not like you know, some academic journal talking about you know, the ethical implications of AI. He's going to read. There's like a total there's like two worlds right now around AI. There's the hype machine, which is kind of what I feel I live in, you know, when I you know, look at social media and stuff. It's just like pumping with how amazing like everything related to AI is. And then there's some of your shadowy halls of like congress and academic journals where they're actually contemplating the real you know, ethical qaundaries that this presents, like that's.
Speaker 5: Why we don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, it's like nobody really cares.
Speaker 6: No, okay, well yeah.
Speaker 4: But understanding the tech, like the thing is. I mean, I think what I've realized is if you really hold an understanding of it, it's like a wave, right, it's moving really fast. You have to ride the wave. Like it's very hard to just like step into it mid stream because it's evolving so quickly. So if I got on that wave, you know, around enterprise tech, let's say, like you know, sixteen seventeen years ago, and I've just been kind of surfing it, and so when new things happen, it's like it's it's easy to assimilate that because I had like a baseline of understanding. And I think, you know, that's you know, thinking about a cult. I mean, I think one of the powers of a cult is that it's disorienting. It basically takes everything that you thought you knew and you knew to be true and turns it upside down so that you're now stripped of any sense of selfness or logic or reason or critical things all gone right. And I think when people step into the realm of technology and they don't have an orientation, it is kind of like that, it's like whoa, you know, It's like I'm in wonderland. I don't understand how any of this works, and so you're completely vulnerable in that position to make good choices or even engage in good conversations about you know what this is.
Speaker 2: Right as someone who is a filmmaker, as a musician mid journey and these different AI apps that are a to create art that to me is like supposed to be a human thing. Art is supposed to be for humans. That is how that makes me feel. It makes me feel completely crazy and like the world is upside down.
Speaker 6: Also, TikTok sometimes like.
Speaker 2: The only reason I am like starting to now post more on TikTok is because you literally like cannot be a music artist in today's day and age without being on TikTok. You are forced to engage with this technology. It is the only way to get your music out there. A lot of artists are posting videos about this, joking about how, like, you know, the skill you actually need to become a famous artist now is learning how to make stupid fucking videos for the internet.
Speaker 6: But it's true.
Speaker 2: But I do feel I mean, like, you know, maybe this is a stretch, and there are so many other ways that technology can be more coercive and cult like, but to me, I do feel coerced into using this technology. That isn't my art, it's not my talent, it's not what I want to do, but it is something that I have to learn if I want to make a living or like get my art out into the world.
Speaker 4: Which is exactly what's going on in organizations. You just describe the plight of modern worker like, whatever your job actually is, it's probably not technology. You know, that's not your job. It's like, right, you know Ken's job in Barbie like beaches, you know, like, what's your job? Technology not what it is, but they have to engage and they're very frustrated.
Speaker 2: So what what are some of the things that you kind of tell people or teach about how to deal with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So my work mainly is to run processes that are human centered in their approach. So, you know, there's this practice called human centered design, which is basically like you can apply it to anything. But you walk into a situation and you know, we're all kind of natural problem solvers, right, So the first things you do are kind of scan the environment and detect problems, and then immediately your brain goes to, like, Okay, how am I going to solve these problems? So that's kind of like the typical, like what executives are doing most days is like, here's a problem, I've got an idea, let's solve it this way. But human centered design is very different in the sense that you walk in you see there may be some problems that you observe, probably a lot you assume that you are not able to observe because you're not you know, you're an observer, and so you need to sit down with people and interview them and talk about, you know, how their work life is going, what difficulties are they running into, what problems do they see? Da, da da, And then you basically bring them into a design process, a problem solving design process that's collaborative. And so you know, my toolbox is tech because you know, there's a lot of good things you can do with tech if it's intentionally designed in the workplace. So you know, but I don't want they don't have to think about that. All they have to do is tell me what it is that they're trying to do better, and then you know, our firm comes in to do the work of like, we can design something for you. We know what tools you have available. It might be a tech they already have. In a lot of cases. It is so because I'm at the advantage of like I'm not selling tech, I'm selling our services, so I don't have to sell them a new tool in order to make a living, which is not the case with most people in tech. You know, they're trying to sell a new thing, so they just slap a new thing onto a broken old thing. It's like the classic example that we run into all the time is like you have a crappy process around recruitment, and instead of fixing the process, you know, the head of HR is like, we need a new software. So you know, they go out shopping and every single software vendor has advertisement saying we're going to fix your process. Your process is probably horrible and broken, and if you buy our software, it's going to be fixed, and then they just throw it in there, and of course it's not fixed because it's the process. It's not the software that was the problem in the first place. So it's like.
Speaker 1: The pharmaceutical companies like eating healthier, They're like, it's like.
Speaker 4: It's it's just and money. I mean, this is real money. And the other interesting thing is, you know, and this goes for every sector, but it's particularly painful for me to see in the nonprofit sector because they don't have a lot of money to begin with, or they could be spending it on something better. Is that, you know, they get sold a bill of goods, like over and over and over again, and by the time that realization kicks in, you know, the salesperson is gone now they you know that usually the employees are left to pick up the pieces and they're like, oh, now we have to deal with this broken thing that doesn't even meet our needs for the next five years until you know, we can buy another messed up solution. You know, they're on this treadmill, and that's what we try to do is get them off of that. What are the factors that are contributing to people's misery in this place, since ninety nine percent of how people work these days is technology. Technology is usually a big factor. It's not the only factor, but focusing on it is certainly worthwhile. And it's interesting that like all these employee well being you know things and perks and all this stuff, like they never talk about the tech, which is what people that's like, how people experience their company these days is.
Speaker 2: Electronically at the like larger societal consumer level of what you're talking about, Like, I wish that you existed for these ubiquitous companies we all engage with every day that are essentially controlling our minds. I mean, it's just not like a conspiracy theorist, but like you know, like the algorithms influence the way that we think they do.
Speaker 4: You raise a very important point because this has been on my mind lately too, like around AI and stuff. I'm like, if we you know, if we did imagine we did that kind of exercise as a society. Let's keep it to the United States for starters, and we said, like like we do for organizations. We came in and we're like, what are the problems that you all are seeing? You know, what do you actually need in your life right now that you don't have, or like what's difficult for you to do right now that you wish were easier, and use technology as a tool to actually solve those problems. That would be amazing, that would be like revolutionary, and the fact that instead it's, like you're saying, it's being you know, the power of that very powerful technology is being trained to basically get us all to either buy more things, hide under our beds, combination of the two.
Speaker 2: Click scroll it doom scroll doom scroll doom scroll, hate each.
Speaker 4: Other, hate each other, be scared about the world and who live in it, you know, and not engage in any kind of like real problem solving, you know, just throwing shade. I think what's most interesting is if you really dig into it and if you could adopt the posture of like tech is neither good nor bad, right, Like, if you can at least suspend you know, belief otherwise for a moment and think, well, it's just a tool, right, It's just a like a utility. Then who is actually deciding, you know, who's making the decisions that it's only being used for one thing or you know, only for evil, Like is there anyone that's actually deciding that, Or is that just because it's like sliding into that momentum, because that's how oursciety is, you know. It's like it's just a tool. We've always had, this capitalist society. We've always had, you know, so much focus and energy and concentration on just making more money and making us into better consumers. So of course tech is going to be used as the next best tool for that. But why are we not then also harnessing it for good? Like where are all the people that should be harnessing it for good? Like nobody's stopping them, right, Like, I mean when I come into an organization, it's not like the tech companies are saying, no, you can't use it in that way. I mean they love that it's like helping people more in that context, right, I mean in that context they make money either way, so they don't really care. All they care about that people keep paying for their licenses. So if people are happier with it and it's actually working for them, they're like, great, you know, that's good for everybody.
Speaker 2: Right, And there are, of course so many examples of tech being used for good in the nonprofit space.
Speaker 6: My boyfriend works for a nonprofit.
Speaker 2: He has to engage with apps that help with you know, like food recovery. And I have another friend who's a nonprofit app designer and they're they're doing it to help people. But I guess, like for me, it's like, yes, it is a tool, but also there are choices being made at the top that we don't really get a say in for.
Speaker 6: How those tools work.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a tool, but what about the like consequences of the tool not having enough guardrails or checks and balances.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I agree, I think, you know, but it's a fine line, right because it's like you don't want to live in a police state where everything we use and interact with is governed. But at the same time, for sure, tech is being used in all these cool ways and like you know, you see that, and but is it being harnessed at the highest level of like how do we get out of this shitty situation we're in as a society? Like at that level, I mean, I don't see that there's a lot of movement around like harnessing technology in that way and kind of engaging in an exercise around like thinking about how we as a society like harness technology for good. I think there's conversations that are starting to happen that are mostly like in the negative, like ooh, we have to you know, police social media and you know, make it safer for kids or something like that. You know, that's great, but that's not the same thing. That's like a negative you know, like kind of problem oriented way of approaching things like I'm talking about like kind of flipping that and being like what kinds of solutions could hate like just fresh with technology that aren't like something right right, They aren't solving the problem of technology. They're actually just shifting the conversation in a different All of my.
Speaker 1: My chat GPT and I have discovered how to get rid of a bunch of the world's trash by sending it into space.
Speaker 5: I wish really that somebody could actually do that. Was focusing on it and feeling us stupid.
Speaker 6: Until the trash meteor.
Speaker 1: No, we were getting it way out of the atmosphere. But like I guess, if you're making people happier, creating a better world, they're less apt to buy stupid things.
Speaker 4: So right, yeah, there's definitely a disincentive I think on the part of the companies do that route.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, Megan, like you do need to make people feel like they need something in order to be profitable, and if profit is the central motive, then that's that's going to be problematic.
Speaker 4: I mean, speaking of social media and influence, I mean, I feel like that's the road that it's taking us down. The feeling of exasperation and helplessness, and that is very much like a narrative around tech. It's sort of like tech is taking over. There's nothing we can do about it. AI is going to come and take my job away. And we're basically like I have people every day like if I mention I'm working in tech, we basically say something along the lines of I think AI is basically going to destroy us, like it's going to be terminator and that's it, you know. And and that's like the new doomsday scenario, which also is so cult Yeah, so true.
Speaker 1: You create that end of the world thinking because then you're powerless.
Speaker 4: You can't do anything about it. It's inevitable is going to take your job away, and you're going to be poor and destitute and probably then get exterminated by some you know, cop robot and it's inevitable, so.
Speaker 6: There's nothing to do worry about it.
Speaker 4: Just stay online and you know, troll people and just you know, mind your own business until scroll scroll away terminated. But I feel like in a way, it's like any time in history because we've always been facing these looming crises. I mean, there there's never been a time when that's not been the reality. I think the problem is that it feels inescapable right now because we live so much of our lives online. It's like we're getting almost have like this image of we're just getting squeezed into this, like you know, into the computer, Like you know, we're we're walking around all day like this, and so we're like kind of.
Speaker 5: Just holding her phone in front of her face, out.
Speaker 4: Of reality, and and that's what's happening to us. So it's like I think it's kind of imperative on all of us to break out of that, like break out of the computer.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, how do we do that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, like I mean, get perspective back on like what the computer is supposed to be. It's a tool. It's not our lives, Like it's not a substitute for reality. Even though the tech overlords would want us to think that, but that's not true. Like it's not reality. It's it's it's like a it's like a movie. It's like, you know, do you want to go jump into I mean, yeah, we all want to like visit La La Lands or whatever, but you know, it's like do you want to live there? Like no, because it's not real, So why would you, you know? I mean, these are the lines that are getting blurred now, but I don't know. That's how I think about it.
Speaker 2: But at the same time, we are being exposed to information that is very real and you know, scenarios in the world that we didn't have access to witnessing before.
Speaker 4: I think the problem now is it's almost impossible. Like my husband and I talk about this a lot, like it's almost impossible, and it will become impossible very soon. We'll reach that like singularity where it will be impossible to tell what's real and what's not real online. I mean, it's already happening, like I can. I can create a deep fake video of anyone in five seconds and will be totally convincing and nobody will know whether it's real or not. And so this is going to be used for all kinds of purposes. It already is just like, you know, bots were such a big deal and the past few elections, I mean, imagine that on steroids, Like it's going to be crazy. So for that reason, it's it's really important that we you know, that the critical thinking and the kind of self protections that we need to sort of discern reality from fiction are like it's at the same time that we crucially need those skills, it's like they're getting dulled down to almost being like undetectable, Like the skills of critical thinking, critical thinking discernment, like being able to question the first and even use your instincts, your inner voice, and your inner knowledge to say, like does this feel right to me? Like I mean, I have a six year old, and like she's not learning these things at school. This is not baseline skills that she, you know, should have at this age, because she's already engaging heavily in tech.
Speaker 2: I wish I had more societal power to demand that critical thinking classes be taught in elementary school and a junior high and high school and in college and to adults.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: I was just preparing a video that I'm doing on certainty and was, I'm kind of going to be recapping some things we've talked about on this podcast with other researchers, which include like how when something is repeated, it feels more true to us with something rhymes, it feels more true when something when it's in like a snappy meme that's like really simple and easy to understand, Like that feels more true.
Speaker 5: Like things feel true for reasons.
Speaker 2: That are not reflective of what actually makes them true, and without a baseline of understanding of that and knowing that you do have to engage with slower thinking and not just being on autopilot when you're online. To me, that's just like such a critically important skill for all of us to have, and we are all losing it by being on the social media.
Speaker 4: The concept that reality is complicated and nuanced and not black and white at all is like getting completely lost on everyone, you know, because it's we're not trainable if we exert those critical thinking skills and actually see beyond the talking points and the TikTok videos. I was having this conversation yesterday with a woman you know who's helping me with like the book publicity and stuff, and I was saying like, you know, what's my concept? Like another one of our clients was like the culture CEO. You know, it's like you get that, you know what that means? I don't really, but you.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 4: So it's like I was like, okay, you know what's my thing? And I'm like, I don't. You know, my message is kind of complicated and nuanced. It's not something that can be digested in a SoundBite. And like I'm okay with that. And if that means that I don't have like five million followers you know on X or whatever, you know, that's fine, Like I don't you know, I'd rather just stay true to the message than sell it to the maximum amount of people. And I think that's the problem. We're all being trained to dumb down our points of view and our messaging and our content to your point, so that it is mass digestive, so that it's benign basically, right. It's like, yeah, the power as has been taken out of it. It's a real problem because if the audience isn't there for these you know, complicated reality based messages and conversations, then you know, then you're just speaking into a void, and like what good is that? You know, so it's like you're in this. I imagine that's kind of what your quandary is, right, It's like, I want to make this content. I want to make it meaningful because I'm trying to reach people with a meaningful message, but it's like people aren't able to receive it because they've all you know, they've all turned into you know, balls of jello or something.
Speaker 2: I also think, though, that social media skews our perception of other people and what they actually want, because when I'm online and I'm seeing people, maybe like in my outgroup, I'm like, you're being fucking crazy, you have no interest in critical thinking, And then if I engage with them in real life, I'm like, oh, you like actually think really similarly to me, and know just plumbing at it from a different perspective, or like maybe you haven't been exposed to this information that I've been exposed to. Like, I do think that social media makes us feel like everyone is more extreme than maybe they are or are capable of being, even if they are like currently in the extreme land. I do think the the optimist in me still believes that most people people are capable of more thoughtful engaging.
Speaker 4: It's just like comfortable.
Speaker 1: We have to be a little bit more used to being uncomfortable instead of certain.
Speaker 4: You know, certain culturyer's time. I mean this content is an example, like we're having long form conversation. Podcasts are popular, you know, as a as a medium. I think, yeah, it's interesting though, because it's like I think about it from like a technological you know, tools and design standpoint. It's like a lot of the social media platforms just don't you know, they kind of force that kind of communication. You know, you can't. I mean, it doesn't, it doesn't give itself to long form content, but like people want to engage with each other. It's kind of this interesting problem, like is it possible even to meaningfully engage like on a platform where you have to like post a short video or you can't go over a certain number of characters? Like what should it actually be used for, like you know.
Speaker 1: Or not use like negative comments boost you on the algorithm too.
Speaker 2: So it's just obviously we all can grasp the idea that like TikTok makes us.
Speaker 5: And by the way, I think TikTok can be awesome.
Speaker 2: I don't want to sound like TikTok hater, like TikTok can be so good for spreading information that that people are able to access otherwise. But I think intuitively we understand that like it does diminish our attention span whatever.
Speaker 6: It's just it's moving, so complete.
Speaker 2: But what they posted that I thought about, a study that they posted about which I actually thought was interesting.
Speaker 5: Was that we actually enjoy it less when.
Speaker 2: Enjoy that level of short form content, like the quicker that content is, we actually do not enjoy it as much as we do when engaging with long form content. They compared short TikTok videos to longer form YouTube videos and found that people were more engaged and more interested in the long form content.
Speaker 5: But we become like addicted to.
Speaker 2: This scrolling of this really fast, small, snackable content, even.
Speaker 5: Though we don't like it as much. It's so interesting.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I see it with children. I mean, just observing my daughter. You know, we've made a choice to not overly restrict her access to technology and screens, and I guess, admittedly, you know it's a risky decision, but it's also like I'm also interested if there's a way that we can like work with this instead of against it, you know, because like even when we were choosing schools, you know, there's a Waldorf school here, and you know they it's like no screens. You can't have screens at home. We we don't even want the kids wearing any like characters on their T shirt because those kids that have never seen that character might feel like left out or excluded. That would have been.
Speaker 5: Great for me as a child with no television.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what the.
Speaker 8: Fuck exactly you would be like incopole, Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I just felt like, you know, I really thought about it, because it's, you know, the serious decision is apparently.
Speaker 4: You know what right out are you going to choose here? And I was just like, I do not feel right about kind of creating a fake firewall between my child and the reality, which is that everybody's using technology for all kinds of things and she should be aware of that. And so it's kind of forced me into this place where I have to try to find tech that she will engage with that's actually enriching to her versus things that are time wasting. And it can't be one or the other because there's no way I can get her to do enriching stuff, you know, one hundred percent of the time. But it's interesting, you know, I'm still very much like learning as I go. But at the same time, she'll sit down and she'll watch a one and a half hour you know, Disney movie and be super happy and engaged with that too. So I mean kind of to your point, like maybe there's more pleasure coming from the you know, the more in depth long form content.
Speaker 2: It just all comes back to for me, like we do need to engage with people offline, and we do need to create offline communities, and which is why cults, which.
Speaker 6: Is why we cults.
Speaker 1: Yes, how do we create offline communities that are not cults, that are not cut right?
Speaker 5: You can do it.
Speaker 6: We can do it.
Speaker 4: We have to reclaim our sense of community in the real world. Like I think one thing that social media has taught us is that your people are out there somewhere, right, Like, nobody in this world is alone and unique and someone that nobody else can understand. And I think, you know, like if you grew up in a small town like I grew up in a town with like two thousand people, or if you grew up in a cult, you know, you you often grow up with this feeling. But you know, pre technology, like there was no Internet when I was a kid, Like you feel like, oh my god, I'm a weirdo and nobody understands me, and like this is how life is going to be, and it's very sad and depressing. And so there's this amazing opening up of the world that social media has given us, where it's like taught us that there's somebody out there that's just like you, that feels the same things that you feel, that understands you, that cares about you. You know, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: That's that's what you should meet up in person and still have other friends and not form a cult with each other totally exactly, and you should use social media and use tech, but you should also have real life connections and just spread it all out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like the truth that like there's a lot of good in this world and like, you know, but it is like the human connection is what it's all about. Right at the end of the day. We're all humans. We all need to feel connected, and we should give ourselves like as much you know, possibility for that as we possibly can. You know. It's like and the real world stuff is really important.
Speaker 1: And by connected you mean not like, oh, I just shared a video that got oh yeah, you mean like smiling at somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ideas, so miserating, crying, you know, over a drink, like all the things that we need to do as human beings to feel normal and stable. I think COVID was a really interesting like social experiment in that way, like not in a good way, but in the fact that we all became so isolated that we couldn't actually be together in person. And I think, you know, my feeling is a public health former public health professional, you know, I keep reading the data because I feel like the impact that that had on mental health was more extreme than I think any of us have really fathomed at this point that will be for years prepairing, the kind of damage that was done to people in their lives, especially people who were struggling to begin with, and totally so you know, it's it's real, and so yeah, I think it's it's like that that's the anti cult, right, Like what's the anti cult? The anti cult is being together in community with no like control agenda, you know. In zen I'm saying that because my book is done in the art of digital transformation. So I like bring in some of these Zen concepts, and there's this Zen concept of the beginner's mind, and that is basically exactly what I think critical thinking actually is, which is you you have to strip that cognitive bias. I mean, that is really powerful, and that's part of the problem, right, So you have to kind of come in blank slate. It's part of human centered design too, and assume that you know nothing, like take away whatever you think you know about this and just start there and contemplate it. And I think that is that that's part of the slow thinking too. It's like, you know, really take it in, but take it in as if it were just a brand new thing, you know, kind of almost in a way like playing dumb, like just kind of like acting like your ignor, like cheese, huh, I've never seen a TikTok video before, you know, like kind of examining it as if you just like landed from outer space. It's a really interesting exercise because you know, I often am surprised at some of the assumptions that I will arrive at if I do it unconsciously. But then I'm also equally surprised, you know, at some of the conclusions that I come to when I'm like starting from that blank slate and some of them I find personally unfavorable, Like I'm like, oh, geez, do I really is that?
Speaker 6: But I think, like that's just a.
Speaker 4: Really vibe with who I think I am, or like the people I hang out with or something. This is like really out of left field, and that's uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: I've said this a million times and then I'll say it again.
Speaker 2: We have to make that process cool. We have to make that part of our culture, like being able to say, like, huh, I guess I was wrong about that, like or what part of this am I not examining and that I need to think about in a new way, and like making that be something that we like hold up as our standard of like what is cool and good.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you do that, but that's my mission.
Speaker 4: I think it really does all come back to the critical thinking piece and being human centered, which is to say that we also like accept our flaws as human beings, and we accept that we are human beings and we're vulnerable to the forces of technology. We have needs that might be unfulfilled by technology, and that's okay too. That doesn't make us less than that we all have a right to understand the tech that is part of our lives, and that we have a right to question that technology and the people who are behind it. Yeah, that's okay too, and that we should. You know that it's not about making technology go away or you know, turning everything into a police state where everything is so tightly governed. It's about, I think with any form of you know, social activism or awareness raising, it's like, let's be conscious consumers, let's be conscious about how we engage, and let's let's demand better right from the tech industry. Let's demand better because they're people too, Like, you know, most people that I've met in tech are really good people, and like you can talk to them a lot about what they see and the problems that they're seeing. They see it, but they're you know, silence is complicity or whatever. You know, they're just machine exactly, and they're part of it. They need a job to you know. It's like, let's have compassion for everybody who's part of this. You know, even Sam Altman. Sorry, Sam, you know you're probably really smart in person.
Speaker 5: It was we know you're listening to the I know you're.
Speaker 7: Listening, so at it. But those are the things that I think would really get us a little bit further from where we are now. And I think, you know, like Megan and I when we chatted before all of this, you know, I was saying that it's basically that thing of you know, I feel stupid, I feel left out. I don't know what's going on, so I'll just like stick my head in the stand and you know, ignore it until it goes away. But technology isn't going to go away, so then we have to deal with it.
Speaker 4: We really do.
Speaker 1: And I have to learn how to turn my computer on and office. Yeah, something that's going to have to happen.
Speaker 4: And then on maybe AI isn't even interested in taking over, like what's in it for that.
Speaker 1: True, I've never even thought of it.
Speaker 5: It's like I don't want to be who's.
Speaker 2: It's almost a program and their AI for that someone's doing it, you know they are also military is literally doing it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no military, I know. But like I mean, at the end of the day, if we're talking like end days here, you know, it's not a great end game for AI. I mean, yeah, kind of needs Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: The next twenty years will be so.
Speaker 4: Crazy yeah, buckle up a ride.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Sarah. This has been so thought provoking and cannot wait to rage. Your bucket comes out January fifteenth, so we'll do a reminder when it drops.
Speaker 4: And tell us the name again then and the art of digital transformation leading a mindful redesign of the digital enterprise.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much, thank you.
Speaker 2: This has been lovely, lovely conversation began. Do you have any particular takeaways?
Speaker 5: I know I for me like I come back.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, y'all know I don't shut up about the algorithm.
Speaker 1: You love a good algorithm.
Speaker 2: I hate yes, talk.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The ways that all of our beliefs are reinforced is so so culty to me and also leaders themselves, Like what what do you think are for you? What are the cultiest parts of tech?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: Because the real interesting part to me is that it's like anesthesiology and nobody even knows how it's fucking working. So that leads to this very weird atmosphere of awe. That's the that's the biggest takeaway for me, where it's like this is not of this world. I don't know what is happening how it's doing it, and neither does anyone else, and it's creeping me out and now I feel like I worship it.
Speaker 6: Yes, That's where I get stuck.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 2: My cousin is a is a neuroscientist specializing in anesthesiology, and like trying to get to the bottom of that question, because yeah, like it is so fucking weird that we don't understand what's happening in the brain. Same with andy depressants. We don't really We have like a general idea about how what's probably happening, but like not for sure, not really.
Speaker 3: They're just like, here we this works.
Speaker 1: We don't know why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Like the mechanistic research is not really has you know, not caught up, which is interesting. Yeah to me, I'm like, I think we'll get there. I think that like even AI itself can eventually tell us probably, But I for me, what is what it always comes back to is that humans are designing this and they are making choices, whether they're conscious of their bias or not. We are all everyone in the world is being impacted by these Like tech designers own internal bias, and the CEOs of those companies who are directing them and their choices algorithmically, you know, to focus on revenue like that sort of thing. It is so crazy that we all use the same four companies for absolutely everything in our lives, and we and our faith and our trust are just in their hands. I say this all the time, But next twenty years will be really really interesting to see what changes culturally and if there ever is a demand for more transparency or more health oriented tech will we'll see or maybe we'll all be dead by then. Who knows, because I killed us.
Speaker 3: We don't know, and that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Thanks, thank you all for listening to another episode of trust Me. We can't wait to see you again next week, and as always, remember to follow your gut, what's up for d flax.
Speaker 2: And never ever trust me Hie. Trust Me is produced by Kirsten Woodward, Gabby Rapp and Steve Delemator.
Speaker 1: With special thanks to Stacy Para.
Speaker 2: And our theme song was composed by Holly amber Church.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Instagram at trust Me Podcast, Twitter at trust Me Cult Pod, or on TikTok at trust Me Cult Podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Ula Lola on Instagram and oh La Lola on Twitter.
Speaker 1: And I am Megan el's Sabeth eleven on Instagram and Bebraham Hicks on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Remember to rate and review and spread the word.