Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Prize Picks. The hard hitting football action is even better with Prize Picks. The weather might be changing, but the feeling of being right never gets old. So keep the season rolling with Prize Picks by getting fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. We are in the pick of football season and some of y'all might be feeling down, but don't worry. That's why we have Prize Picks to keep you going for the rest of the season. We gave a football with something special. Drake may is gonna be special, and Saquan went crazy against his old team more and more and more, and for all you basketball fans, welcome to the fund on Prize Picks. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just picked more or less on at least two player stats. If you get your picks right, you could cash in. Prize Picks offer injury reboots. If your player leaves the game in the first half and doesn't return, Prize Picks won't count it. Other loss feel sorry for our guys. Scotta booth out there. Download the prize pick after today. Use Coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup Prize picks. It's good to be right. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. The World Series Game seven, top of the tenth, four to four with an outstanding power, a great move by Robertson and the Knight.
Speaker 2: The pinch hit guy hits it out of the park.
Speaker 1: Then he makes a sub in center field and the guy jumps over his guy and makes a catch at the wall. As the infield everybody was drawn in to try to make anything because every plate is live and to know they were leaving at the crack of the bat. But a great play by the Dodgers to keep their season alive. But it's four to four in the top of the tenth with a runner on and a and one out. Thank you for joining us again. As I mentioned before, as you watch the Oklahoma Similars go into Knoxville and take down to Tennessee Volunteers a BYuT the score of thirty three to twenty seven. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite UNC Shinon Sharp and that is my partner and co host. He's Liberty City's own. He's Bengals Ring of Fame Honoie. We're the Nightcap gear. He is Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button. Do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Ocho and I would like to thank you for your support and you'll continue support. Thanks to you. All of this as possible. We've been grown, We've grown so fast, which is great, but that's all because of you. That's because of your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth. And we can't thank you enough. So please thank you for your support and your continue support. Go check out Shade by Laportier just head over to La Portier Cognac dot com. If you can't find it in a city or a state near you, you can order online will ship it directly to your door. It is the best tasting premium VESSLP Kangjak on the market. Try it, Compare it against other premium VESSLP kanyaks and let me know what you think. I know that you will be convinced as we are that we have the best konjact on the market.
Speaker 2: Please drake responsible and stay safe.
Speaker 1: Check out my media company on all of its platforms, Shayshay Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being pinned in the chat. We've got Johnny joining us shortly and then the end there on the hoosas the dB D. Angelo Ponds joined us a little bit later. But the game you just watched, the Oklahoma Sooners take down the number eighteen ou Sooners take down the number fourteen Volunteers by the score of thirty three twenty seven. Mattier had eight with nineteen of twenty nine one fifty nine no touchdowns one of the exceptions they got. Xavier Robinson had sixteen carries for a buck fifteen of the touchdown. John Mattier had sixteen carries for eighty yards in a touchdown, thirty five rush attempts one ninety two two touchdown, But it was Tennessee that could not get out of their own way. Aguilar had an outstanding day passing the football, but two very costly interceptions and he fomled the ball that went back for a touchdown. He was twenty nine or forty five, three ninety three, three touchdowns tour interceptions. They didn't run the ball well at all. Oklahoma Sooner put a lot of pressure on him. I don't know what the right tackle is thinking, because he gave up the sack. They got the quarterback hit, and then he gave him another sack that ended up getting them pushed, pushed them out of field goal right Jojo. And then I'm trying to figure out the full back. Bro, you damn there out of bounds and you ain't got your head around yet. So what do you think is gonna happen? What do you want? I mean, if he throw it to you out of bounds, it's incomplete, and then the ball hits you in the damn fase you on the football? You can't even then out of what he damned out of bounds? He damned on this, on this, he damned there about the high five Josh Heifel. I'm like, bro, get your head around, bro, and the ball hit him in his face. I'm like, Lord, have mercy. This explains why I cannot be a coach. Oh Joe, watching this game. Man, Look, Tennessee had this game in control because at one point in time, I think, oh, you had like less than one hundred yards. But they were like right there in the ball game because of the mistakes that Tennessee was making, leaving them in the ball game, and what happened. You leave a team around long enough, bad things are gonna happen.
Speaker 3: And that's actually, actually, this was a really good game. I enjoyed it the first second quarter, at the half, it was very close. It was going it was going back and forth, and I thought it was going to come down to the whoever had the ball last, and obviously Tennessee who had the better numbers Statistically, If if you don't look at the end of the score, you look at the stats, you would think that the Tennessee volunteers won this game because of what they were able to do offensively. But listen to intercessment killed them. That the right tackle, I'm not sure what he did. We allowed that end to come over when the when when he put he put the ball in the belly, he faked it and he came up.
Speaker 4: Ain't that dude hit him?
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I don't I don't know I don't think. First of all, I don't know why he stepped down on Yo. I don't know.
Speaker 4: There was no threat, no threat to even have to step down. The damn the damn in it is playing. Damn there at the nine, all the way out.
Speaker 1: He in the wide now he absolutely is. So there's nobody. There's nobody there the block.
Speaker 4: Not only do do they fumble, they picked the guy.
Speaker 1: Damn ball up and take that bitch all the way back and they couldn't get him on the ground. I'm like, damn, you just it. You've already made You've made a mistake. Don't exacerbate it. Just get him on.
Speaker 3: Ty was trying to get him on the grinding. He couldn't get him down. But outside of that, it was good.
Speaker 1: It was a good game.
Speaker 3: I was looking I was looking for Materier to do a little bit more through the air. I was looking for him a little bit more through the air.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: It didn't happen, but he didn't have to do much offensively. They had to.
Speaker 3: They had two turn up as well. Obviously the balls had three. Let me see penaltyes fucking Oklahoma had eleven for eleven for one oh four. So I'm thinking when you look at it, they were actually supposed to lose a game. And if I think if Tennessee could have minimized their toneovers, they would have had a better chance at making it either either a close game or actually winning this one.
Speaker 1: I mean, you look at ou oho nineteen first down, the twenty eight first down for Tennessee. Ou was four of ten on third down. Tennessee was better than fifty percent. They were seven and thirteen four hundred and fifty six yards, so they outgained about one hundred yards of total offense. But it was that one really costantly turnovers that led directly to points and they missed Remember they missed the field goal. Also, Tennessee missed the field goal. So you can't look, oh, you have a really good defense. Materials played starting to play a little better. He's starting to play like he did the first couple of games of the season before he got that injury. When he came back, he had kind of gotten out of rhythm. But if you look at him now, he's starting to play a little better. But when you turned the ball over and evenly matched teams, it's hard for you to overcome the stakes. It's really hard because you look at it. One is fourteen, the other is eighteen. And it's not like, oh, you A is a bad team. They're ranked right where they're supposed to be. They've got a very very good team. But I just think, I just think the ten, the turnovers tonight, the mythsque okay, fourth down, Bro, you stay on the field and you need that those are those are plays that you gotta have in a situation like that. You had to lead you within control of the ball game. Now you've given up control of the ball game through poor play and turnovers. Now you get an opportunity to see some of that momentum back, and you squandered that opportunity. Give oh you credit going on the road in a hostile environment and finding a way scratching and clog and finding a way to win. Oh yeah, and you know, you know it's funny, but uh yeah, Ilar made some good plays. I mean, what what urts me? Not just with college football but even NFL. You why you're running backwards, bro, you and feel goa range and you're gonna take yourself out of field goal range trying to make a play. You not Lamar Jackson. Every everybody want to be everybody want to have one of these heroic plays where they get out of harm's way and they throw it or they break they shake five people and make somebody miss and they spin and they don't bro. You're doing too much. You're doing too much.
Speaker 3: True, true, you know to be able to do something like that to make something happen for your team.
Speaker 4: Sure, you're gonna make ESPN.
Speaker 1: Wow. DoD just had the bases loaded with one out and uh Toronto got out of it and headed to the top, headed to the bottom of the tenth, bottom of the ten. Yep, the Sooners did what the Sooners do. They ran for one hundred. Man, if I'm not running back, I'm mad. I go down to the one yard line thanking. We're gonna take a knee, and then the next play you let the quarterback run. In the hell? If I do that, I ran it inain. You ain't take my tup because it looked a lot better, Oh Joe, If I got a hold on that was like a fifty something yard run because you weren't right up straight. So a forty three yard run or forty four yard touchdown, I think I take the forty four yard touchdown absolutely hell. If I, if I, if I knew that, if I, because I thought we gonna you know, let the time run.
Speaker 3: Didn't do that anyway, did Somebody had to give him that from the sideline and you go down there and take away a touchdown and then they run it right in the next place.
Speaker 1: Shoot, I listen, that's my point. Yeah, I'm not I'm not doing that. I'm not I'm not taking no, I'm not taking none. I'm going we up and plus we're up three. That puts us some ten.
Speaker 2: Look, if we can't hold lead, if we can't hold a lead with.
Speaker 1: A minute lefts that that's on that's on us. But it was, it was. It was a very it was a very good It was a very good game, very good game. Ten seven and then oh you oh you had to lead in the half sixteen. You had the sixteen because it's kicked three field goal in the second. So they had a sixteen to ten lead at the half. As poorly as they played less than one hundred yards of total offense, Tennessee is well over two fifty of total offense. But the misquus and you know, I'm sure coach Heipel is in the locker rooms like Hey, guys, we let one slip away. You know, we've got to be better. We got to take better care of the football and when we get opportunities. Aguila threw one right to the right heart of the defense. Probably will saved ten to fifteen seconds and the wide receiver dropped it right over the time, you know, late in the ball game on Joe when they were they ended up I think no, they ended up kicking a field goal.
Speaker 2: They ended up kicking a field goal, but it happened.
Speaker 4: Before going to the next game.
Speaker 3: You want to know what the NFL throw is For those that watched that Tennessee Oklahoma game. When Aguile threw that, I think it was the skinny or it was maybe a slant and he he he he. He kept his eyes to the left and the safety missing and they came right off the safety year in the back of his own Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yea yea saw that. Yeah yeah, like towards the end of the game. Now, that was the NFL throw.
Speaker 5: That was nice.
Speaker 4: He threw that thing on the rope.
Speaker 1: Oh he made some big time play. He made some big time plays. But they just got to do a better job of taking care of the football. Mainly him the number five Georgia Bulldogs. He used to be called the world largest cocktail party. I don't know what they call it now, maybe they call it the world largest office party. But they survived, come back in the fourth quarter, like they've done so many times this year, by the score of twenty four to twenty. Remember last week they let Billy and Napier go. They have an interim head coach and Georgia it took all Georgia could do to come back and win the ball game. They have to score seven in the fourth quarter late in the ball games to get a win, and they do that. Gunna Stockton made some big time throws, but it was a running back that Georgia was seven or fifteen or third down, Florida was two of eleven. Georgia had three. In the sixty one total yards, Florida had two eighty one. Time of possession wasn't thirty two to twenty five to twenty seven, thirty five. But that fourth down really hurt Florida. I mean, they weren't even close to get it. That wasn't even close. Did you get did you get did y'all know the snap count? Because it damn sure looked like Georgia knew the snap count and y'all didn't get no surge. That wasn't even close. I don't even know why they even brought the measurement, brought y'all whyle, y'all brought the tape out, make it down.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even close to getting that. Wasn't you close to getting that?
Speaker 3: But now I'll say watching this game, as up and down as Florida has been, as inconsistent as they've been depending on who they're playing, the fact that they played Georgia today and played Georgia so well, you know, played the ring team as well as they did, I just don't understand what the problem may be with Florida. I think they're not that far away if they can find some some continuity and consistency in each game, no matter what, not playing down competition. Obviously, it starts with a quarterback play. The quarterback play has to be a little bit more consistent. I mean leg I mean leg Way wasn't that bad a day. It was fifteen for twenty four weeks now four sixty six TV. But to play like they played the day against Georgia, it comet like well damn, y'all really shouldn't have any losses and until it comes to the big boys.
Speaker 4: Now, sometime you expect Florida to lose.
Speaker 3: To you know, a game, a game like this against you know, one of the one of the better teams that are ranked very high.
Speaker 4: I think Georgia's number four, if I'm not mistaken. But I mean, listen you, there are no moral victories.
Speaker 3: But to me, with my coach, the coaches got fired, right, yeah, but the yeah with really just getting fired. To me, this is they're no moral goddamn victories. But the way they fought the day, I mean it was cool. Even though they did lose.
Speaker 1: You're gonna gonna stock and played another good game today. Twenty of twenty nine, twenty three two touchdowns. He did have that one reception. Bowen's was the one that had a thirty six yard touchdown that really put you know, that put him in front. And then Georgia's defense did the rest branches ten catches for one hundred and twelve yards. I'm looking at this game, oh your and I agree with you. I'm like, Florida, where was this all year? Granted, now this is a rivalry game, Georgia Florida. The Georgia Florida lied.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: They's played in Jacksonville, is not played on campus.
Speaker 1: I think this rivaly is almost one hundred years old, and so I'm not surprised that Florida got up to play. This is the longest this is what a five game win streak for the Bulldogs. I think the longest in a very very long time. I think the record is like six. But Georgia, Georgia has a good team. You know, Kirby is a very very very very very good coach. He gets very good players, He coaches him up, you know, being under coach Saban, I see a lot of coach saving in him and his manner rhythms and having his team. The team is prepared. That's one thing you're gonna say about the Kurby Smart team, the one thing you could always say about the Nick Sabing team. They're gonna be prepared. Uh. And that's all you can really that's that's that's all you can really ask for is is that is have the team prepared, knowing that you got horses to run the race. Hey, I can win, I can win any war. Just give me the web. Give me some weapons to go fight, and I can win any war. And uh Georgia got those dogs that can run and can fight, and so uh it was it was a It was a big win because Joe, we saw Georgia come back. Who they come back is They came back against Old Miss a couple of weeks ago. They can't they They've done this like three or four times this year, either losing at the half or losing going to the fourth quarter. Auburn was another one. They found a way to come back and win your Auburn Old Miss. They did it, uh today with Florida. And so you know, you can't count these guys out. If you get them down, like killing that with a sledgehammer. You get them down, you better you better make sure they stay down because if they get up off the map, they're coming. They're coming. But uh Georgia, look, they still right there. They know they gotta hope Alabama lose a game because Alabama's beating them. I don't know how this thing is gonna play out right now, Alabama and Texas, Ay and them, But I guess they don't divide up in the East and West anymore. They just take the two best the one loss record, so theoretically it could be Texas AY and them playing Alabama even though they're on the same side. So it used to be East West West, but they've done away with the divisions this year, so it's gonna be very very interesting to see what goes on what happens. Oh show Yo Kines twenty overtime lost to SMU, a defeat that significantly damages Miami ACC Championship and College Football playoff hope, as the Hurricanes dropped their second ACC game in three weeks and fell to six and two twelve penalties for ninety six yards, including an unsportsmanlike conduct call against defensive defensive end Marquis Mark east Lightfoot on the final driving regulation when he hit quarterback Kevin Jennings after the Whiston have blown for a Miami time out. That penalty helped Miami get in the field goal range, and they kicked a thirty eight yard field goal to send the game in overtime. Carson Beck threw an interception on the goal line in his first possession, and then SMU took the ball in from one yard out and they won. Miami playoff chances dropped to Night and according to ESPN's playoff predictor, Oh Joe, over the last three four years, Miami has always had games like this. They always lose a game that they should should win and they're favored. We've seen this from coach PASTABAWL team and I don't know why. I don't. I don't know why. We saw this the other night. Who did they play and he threw those and bet through those? That was I think Virginia, but Virginia Louisville. It was Louisville. That's what they're playing, Louisville. And I just I just don't get how every year this time, oh, this is Miami year. This is Miami year. This is Miami year. And every year somebody that's not even ranked.
Speaker 4: Even you know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Also for those of you in the chat that are watching right now that haven't watched SMU play, Hey, them boys can play some ball on them boys down at SMU despite not being ranked, they can play some ball.
Speaker 4: They're very good.
Speaker 3: Goddamn God, damn Jennings through for three sixty five to.
Speaker 4: Day t J.
Speaker 3: Harden had what but not only only nine nine for twenty seven My little nephew, mylile nephew played for SMU, went to Miami Northwestern Romelo Brentson. He used to be down there at University of Miami. You know, he eat transferred. He's having a having a really good season for SMU as well. But I'm not I'm not sure what it is with Carson back when it comes to games where you should where you should dominate as a quarterback playing against what most would consider an inferior opponent.
Speaker 4: You got to come to the party. You got to show up.
Speaker 3: And I just talk to you about it the other day when we talk about the Heistman Trophy candidates and how no quarterback is stepping up to the plate. Where it seems like everybody's in one pot some some week. One week they play good, one week they play bad. Everything just happens to be up and down and inconsistent all the way across the collegiate collegiate football when it comes to quarterback play.
Speaker 4: And I mean, this is the game. Miami should have won, this game, they should have won.
Speaker 1: They should have I like the kid from Ohio State, he's playing his ass off. You know, he's a transfer out of Alabama, sailing yeah, saying I think that's saying saying the kid that takes saying him he's playing Marcel Reid, he's playing well Simpson tied Simpson for Alabama. You know Mendoza's gonna be there because this team is eight. No, they're averaging down there fifty points a game. But I agree with you, Carson back twenty six and thirty eight to seventy four, two touchdowns, two interceptions. I mean, just he'll he'll play great. Stretching, you're like, oh, man, okay, I see, I see why Georgia want I see why you the four or five start going to univirgit Georgia.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, bro, what are.
Speaker 1: You doing that?
Speaker 4: Now we're not basing off We're not basing off this your stats.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Now we're paying you four five million dollars in nil money. Now, we expect you to be goddamn a mini Patrick Mahomes out there.
Speaker 4: If you making that kind of make you making that kind of.
Speaker 1: Chattel, I expect that at the collegiate level.
Speaker 4: Judging you're different. Now, we expect you to get us over the hump.
Speaker 3: We No, you are supposed to be the one to take us to the Promised land.
Speaker 4: Making that kind of money. It's different.
Speaker 3: It's different, and you got to come to You have to be the reason we win, not the reason for us losing. That's two weeks in a row. Now, last week, get through four. Today you threw one note one or two, two through two. Come on that and then costly and the goddamn red zone.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: You got to be the difference maker.
Speaker 1: Man and Yo Joe, we talk about college football. You used to be Man, that's just a kid. They don't get played like professionals. If you notice, the tenor and the tone have changed, because now you do get played like professionals, and we expect a certain level. Presidents and universities they treat them different. Bro, we got you, we got we're paying you fifty million. We're paying this guy. We got another ten, fifteen to twenty million tied up in this roster. Oh no, it ain't no more. All these are kids. Oh you know, we gonna take some time. No, it ain't gonna take no time. You gotta get that done. We've given you everything that you needed. That's just that's just the way it is. Because I remember we used to talk about it, and I really hated talking college football because you know, coming from an NFL background, we critique differently than that's a grown man by a salary versus an eighteen, nineteen twenty year old kill kid that's not getting paid. But no more, no more. We see guys like Gerremiince Smeth and when he dropping pass like come on, bro. Or we see a guy like Ryan Williams of Alabama dropping passes and they were man, oh Joe, you and hard on him, bro.
Speaker 2: The man getting two and a half million dollars.
Speaker 4: Things are different. You're judged differently based.
Speaker 1: On but he only eighteen, Well he getting money like he's twenty eight. Yeah, I tell you what when you go cast when he when that money hit direct deposit, ain't got no age on it. It going straight to it the cap. We have a different level of expectation now with our college athletes after they started getting paid, especially the ones that getting paid now. We don't judge all of them like this, but the coaches we hold even higher because of the money that they're getting paid, because they're upgrading the amenities, because they're doing everything. You know, you got a red light, Sonna, and you got cryoh, and you got these different tanks and you got the best best of offense, defensive coordinator, D line coach, linebacker coach, dB coach.
Speaker 2: You got the best of the best. For its staff.
Speaker 1: You get the best. I mean, you got these guys. I mean whatever you need protein shakes. I means soon as you come off the field, they got protein shakes. You get this much protein, this much coprehydrates, this much fat.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: So now, oh Jo, it's we We were looking at collegiate players differently. We're looking at collegiate teams differently because guys are getting paid and there's so much money involved, so much I mean, the payout what was it? The payout probably gonna be seventy eighty ninety million dollars per SEC team, per a Big ten team. Yeah, hey, I mean, hey, go to the college football playoffs and oh Joe, this is this is paying your athletic budget for you.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something. Now, you know what the payout is. You know, seventy eighty million, you're going to stand five four. You understand what the budget is.
Speaker 3: Now, the fact that you don't want to put your hand in in in the pot, you know, and see we can do you know, as as as a coaching staff be like a president and VP.
Speaker 1: Oko. You know, you know why I'm good at things because I know what I'm doing at and I know i'm not. I try to stay You try to stay your lane, and I stay away from Well, okay, so I didn't I didn't try a whole I didn't try a whole lot of things because I don't do good with a learning curve. Oh you do it good. Make it out of y'all, suck you look, you do it good. No, hell, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm not doing.
Speaker 4: You got to take that back.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Now you said you like to stay within your comfort zone. I'm gonna take it.
Speaker 3: As that you want to do things that you know you're gonna succeed that and be good at.
Speaker 1: But anything you put that, I like doing because what you like doing, what I'm passionate about. You can tell what you love. You love football, I don't love coaching football. Dodgers win this game, y'all. Mo Moto is gonna be the world he was MVP. He's gonna do a Kirk, He'll ins and Randy Johnson. If they win this game, he's gonna be them VP. Two complete games and would it be three wins because he'll have three wins. It won't Bill saved because he didn't come in the save opportunity. He would have won the game.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, it's five four.
Speaker 1: It's fine for at the bottom of the tent. Who's up now the blue jades? What's how many outs? Oh? I hadn't started. No, what I'm I'm The thing is is that I learned at a very age, if you were like passionate about something, you're gonna pull off.
Speaker 4: Absolutely into it, and it doesn't feel like work, and.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel like work. This is why I was passionate about playing football. I was passionate about training. I was passionate about, you know, getting up and going and going and doing my school work. I was passionate about that. I'm passionate about this creating content. I'm passionate about doing club shape shape because I'm just to know about what how this person came to be defend on my couch. You just didn't magically appear on your couch. What were you as a kid, What were you as an adolescent? What were you as a young man young woman? How did you get here? I'm interested in knowing that I'm interested to see how similar or how different our backs were. Everybody didn't have the hard story where they had to work or had to walk five miles of school, and they come from brokens. Some came from great two parent household. But I'm eager to learn and to find out and to hear their story. So I'm passionate about that. I ain't passionate about no.
Speaker 4: Coach, I got you.
Speaker 1: I ain't even lying. I go, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: I just thought, I thought, you know, you know, there there was a huge incentive. There as a huge incentive that I continue to see all the time. And we talked about and the pots seemed to get bigger and bigger for those that are at the collegiate level. And I understand what you could do and being able to pass down some of that knowledge that you that you would you attained and achieved over the years and passing it back down to the youth. You know, you could be like another Nick Saban. You could be like a prime. You could be like a uh uh, who else?
Speaker 4: Who else? A Kirby?
Speaker 1: What's up? What all right? We got? Who's your run huge? Who's your cornerback? D'Angelo Ponds Shamanad McDonald prepp in Hollywood track Star. He was one hundred and the two hundred meter dashes in the state of Florida his senior Sea his senior year transferred from James Madison UH to Indiana. Bro, if you win the state track meet, if you win the state track meet in the hundred and the two hundred in Florida, Georgia, Texas, and.
Speaker 4: California, you could run one thing by a.
Speaker 1: Hey, we can't do nothing up about down. We gotta give you your flowers, bro, Bro. So, holdo, what was what was your time in the hundred?
Speaker 6: What was your time in hundred hours of ten four hundred, two hundred? I was twenty one one or something like that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, hey, that's a good time. That's some good time.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: You know, I had a chance to be Olympiic and when I when I.
Speaker 3: Was at you know, you know, I'm at the city that right, Yeah, yeah, you know when I went to the Beast high you know, you ran in a hundred in high school, I was like a nine nine, nine nine in high school at Beach. I'm just saying, listen, I was nine nine in the beach in UH in a two hundred. I was like a I was like a like a a ten ten to one. Unc no, like no, I was nineteen nineteen something, nineteen five, man, not not.
Speaker 1: Not for real.
Speaker 4: I I was flying now, I was flying. I come I come from I come from a time.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: We used to race in the street. You know, light pole, the light post stops and stop sign car the car no shoes.
Speaker 7: That's a crib thing. That's a crib thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, absolutely absolutely. I just I want to know. I'm gonna let you go. I have I have to I have to ask what is it.
Speaker 3: About this Indiana team that got y'all boys playing like this, Like y'all, y'all beating up on everybody team that a game that people are counting y'all out as a team, y'all coming in there and making making the opponents that are supposed to beat y'all look damn near inferior.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I feel like the outside in they didn't expect us to be as good as we are. But in the house, we expect to beat them teams like all them top teams with hop Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm looking at you guys. You beat Kenisas State fifty six nine and you win seventy three zero, and you win sixty three ten, and you win fifty six six, and you win fifty five ten, and after last season, I ain't gonna lie, I ain't gonna hold you D'Angelo.
Speaker 2: It's like, man, I like this an anomaly. This Hey, they want and done.
Speaker 1: You followed it up basically with another season that is as good, get better. You're saying, look, we're not one and done. We're here to stay. We're just not a cute story that oh Indiana. You remember the year in twenty twenty four when Indiana did that was so cute, cuddly. Nat you guys, coach signaty got you guys balling.
Speaker 7: Nah, definitely ain't going last year.
Speaker 6: Last year it was like we were making history every game, like they ain't never had nine games won in a row.
Speaker 7: But we're doing it again this year, showing everybody we could do it again. It will luck.
Speaker 4: As matter of fact, you know what I think about.
Speaker 3: Obviously, there's a there's a deeper route to why you guys are having this kind of success. Most of the time, you know, you look, you look at the Nick saving the Nick saving years. You look at the Kirby smart and some of those coaches that have boys had those great teams. Where are most of the kids from that are on Indiana's team?
Speaker 7: They from the South? They from the South, somewhere down south.
Speaker 4: See see what I mean? You see that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, I'm trying to figure out, Bro.
Speaker 2: And you said it from the South. Man, it get cold to India.
Speaker 1: You don't know. I wanted, you know, I would stand out there. It's nice as sunshine. Man, it be cold, y'all be outside practicing in the cold. You know, pills staatey get cold Ohio State and get cold and get colder our I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: I ain't really signed up with this. So how did you get your body acclimated to it?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: You from Florida, South Florida.
Speaker 7: I ain't a lot when I when I first got to college, I had to adjust. It took some adjustine to do.
Speaker 6: But it's a little tricks I figured out, like some basoline and stuff like that. That yet, you're right, But I just got used to it just by going going out there and playing vascillating. No, I ain't going I don't feel nothing when I put bassline on. So I think that's one of the tricks I learned.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: I have one more question too, especially both us being from Florida, being from being from the Crib.
Speaker 4: What is it about Indiana?
Speaker 3: How did they get some of the players that are coming from down south to actually go to Indiana when you have when we have so many other options to choose from when it comes to going to playing college football.
Speaker 6: I just feel like we come to them with a good, good opportunity, like just tell them what they what they have in front of them, see we winning.
Speaker 7: So I think we got the upper hand with recruiting, Like.
Speaker 6: Okay, everybody want to recruit now, it's not that hard to tell them like, yeah, we're finna win, so you just come come join like you're gonna play, okay, And it ain't really hard to do, right.
Speaker 1: And you know what, D'Angelo, it's funny that it's great that you say that, because if you guys continue this ten fifteen years from now, you will be a part of the class that started this. You'll always have a place when you go back. Oh yeah, I remember him, man. He was part of that Coach Signatty class that came in here and kicked that thing off, they went to the college football playoffs, they went back possibly won the college football playoffs.
Speaker 2: Brug y'all will be y'all would be like mythical.
Speaker 7: It's true. I never thought about that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah, and once that because yeah, oh Joe, I mean Savannah. When I went to Savannah State, we hadn't really never had a winning season. Everybody still to this day talks about that class of eighty six, everybody that was my freshman class. Everybody talks about that class. Our senior year, we was eight and one. The previous year we were seven and so we won like fifteen in two years. We won like fifteen games. Nobody had ever, no team ever done that. So this is what you know, you guys having a Big ten. Can you imagine a Big ten championship for Indiana? A college football playoff national check? Bra you a legend. You will never ever have to pay for anything in Bloomington, Indiana ever ever again in your life.
Speaker 7: Facts.
Speaker 1: You gotta have to think about moving back yesterday right here. Hey, I ain't gotta pay no rent, I ain't gotta pay no board again. I get a car eight And you know, you know, it's so funny. The way the way y'all beating teams, Like, do y'all even watch film? Brod you sit what y'all did to Maryland?
Speaker 4: Man? Do I mean do coaches just give y'all the day off?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What is there to watch at that point?
Speaker 3: When you when you die, I'm about completely dominate teams and every hell now, damn, don't worry.
Speaker 6: Don't answer that question now, Yeah, we watched film. We ain't taking nobody lightly either. We I don't know if you watch the game or not, but we was into like four minutes left.
Speaker 7: The starters were still laying.
Speaker 1: We was up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we was up still, So we ain't taking nobody lightly. Everybody get the same treatment.
Speaker 2: Right right, I mean I'm saying, okay, so what do you guys do on a Sunday?
Speaker 1: Do you come in? Do y'all get treatment, watch film? Or do you give you Sunday off and then you guys get ready to hit it again on Monday?
Speaker 6: What's your stud So on a Sunday, we'll go in for health check. Uh, no film or nothing like that. We'll do some little hamstring work uh in health check.
Speaker 7: Really, that's it.
Speaker 6: It's just treatment and then you get to go home. You off on Sunday. Okay, Monday, we'll come in and watch film.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, you know, no price on Monday, but y'all hit the Tuesday Monday.
Speaker 7: It's a walk through though, right Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, damn we we've thugged it up on I did. I need to go back to school now I should I should have been born back in two thousand. Yeah, two thousand and three, two thousand and four, A g I was talking about.
Speaker 3: When I was talking about watching film, I'm not I'm not talking about before a game. I'm saying we're dominated game like you, Like you played Maryland most of the time. Let's say the Bengals, we played the Steelers. Obviously you play Sunday, but sometimes Sunday, I mean Monday. You know, you come in, you do your treatment, do whatever, you go upstairs, and you watch, you watch the previous game. But when you dominate games like this, y'all still watch film. When you win a game out of ten, That's what I meant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's always mistakes made in any each game you could learn from.
Speaker 3: So okay, okay, yeah, okay, I was just curious ship man. I see, That's why I couldn't be no head coach. But we beat somebody fifty two ten, or we consistently dominating people week the week score on forty plus and y'all boys take the day off.
Speaker 5: Man. Nah.
Speaker 6: Our coaches demand perfection, so they're gonna perfect you no matter what.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I got it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Never accept anything in the win. You wouldn't them a loss. So even though we beat somebody fifty five ten and somebody missed some assignments, I'm not gonna allow that to happen because then you will think that play because we want is acceptable.
Speaker 2: You guys have the third best defense in the country.
Speaker 1: I mean, god damn when you think of Indiana, I don't know if you really think of defense. I mean, you're putting up fifty five points. You're probably thinking about offense. But when you see ten, you see six, you see thirteen, you see fifteen, you see ten, you see nine, you see zero, You're like, okay, yeah, okay, I see that. If that, if that your mindset is like, look, if we get turnovers, we create short fields for our offense, our offense is gonna cash in, and then that's gonna allow us to really put pin our ears back and then we can just sit on stuff because we know that ball.
Speaker 6: That's definitely the mindset just to have our offense back each game, make it easier for them, and they make it easier for us some games too. So that's definitely the mindset that not give nothing up. Won't like catches like yards.
Speaker 7: On like, none of that. So that's why we were on the top defenses in the country.
Speaker 1: Let me match you. What what made you? What made you choose Indiana because obviously, first of all, you probably have you probably had some opportunity to go somewhere and run track. You run ten four in high school, that probably figure it's like you know what with the right training, because they're looking at it like in high school, these guys are really getting training like they're supposed to. But we get the right training, we get the right supplementation into them, give them the right nutrition, right track, coach, we can probably get this guy down to the ten, maybe even sub ten. We definitely feel like we can get him down low twenty, low twenty point oh low twenties, maybe even dip below a twenty. So what was your thinking when you went to Indiana? Where you did you want to do a dude, did you want to run track? Play football? Or what's in there where you all in on football?
Speaker 5: Crazy?
Speaker 6: Part with me is I didn't have no like big offers. Out of high school. I went to James Madison with coach Sinneti. Okay, okay, yeah, James Madison. No, I wasn't thinking about running track either. I ran track because everybody who played football had to run track. So I rapped, yeah, run track. But I went to James Madison and then out of James Madison, I ended the portal and it was it was really a no Brandon to follow Signetty to Indiana.
Speaker 7: So that's how I ended up at Indiana.
Speaker 1: Oh, I had like I see, I see, I see what you put down now? You know, hey, you know what I'm saying. Oh try they drop a little brand comes you know, Hanseling Grener. You know how they got back home? They yeah, you know, Coach Signetty dropped a couple of bread CRuMs for him, like, hey, I believe it right here for you go pick it up, just a little something on the flow for it. He grabbed it and blow me to Indiana. There he is, Hey, so uh uh, look you got three games left. You're at Penn State, Wisconsin at home, and then you got produce everything that you guys, I'm sure everything that coach Signatty put up on the board of what the goals and what you wanted to accomplish your three wins away in the regular season. That's not the ultimate goal. Obviously win the Big Ten. Obviously getting to the college football playoffs this year, I obviously cash it all in. You're three games away. How do you keep the focus? How do you how do you stay right here and don't get here? Like man man Penn State, they are already up fired. They coach, they done, they done, gave up on the season. We got Wisconsin at home. Ain't nobody beating us at home? And then we got Purdue. Nah we Hey, we got them even though that's a rob that's a robbery game. Purdue in Indiauta, that's a robber.
Speaker 6: Just kid that same saying one and no mindset. We ain't gotta change nothing up. Just go on and know each week, not looking at head, it'll come. Whatever we got in store for us, it's gonna come. So just go one and each week that's the goal for us.
Speaker 1: That man man congratulations man, thanks for joining us tonight. We really really appreciate having you on Nightcapter night man, best of luck. Tell everybody, hey, congratulations, keep your head down, keep your ears open, and full steam ahead. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, when y'all win the Big ten, come, I can tell.
Speaker 1: He appreciate that. DeAngelo Kahn's joining us tonight.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Hey, that was dope for the Indiana Hoosiers.
Speaker 1: He's the cornerback on the third best defense in the country and they give up less eleven points a game, less than eleven points a game, actually ten point nine.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what that that that that what's MC call the game is gonna be really good. That Penn State game is gonna be really really good. That's gonna be that's that's gonna be a tall tail and a tough tat. Hey, Johnny, what's up?
Speaker 8: What I had a like a I guess we'll call it like a Nissan. I guess I had like a Nissan Ultimate on the World Series. So I've been sitting there.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: Trying to Yeah, you took the Dodgers. Maybe I took the Dodgers. They lost, Now they won they won? Actually, so yeah, they won eleven Yamamoto was part car.
Speaker 1: He was, I mean oral horse Shiveser in nineteen eighty eight did the exact same thing. He was World Series MVP. If you go back and look at two thousand and one, I think that's when the Diamondbacks beat the Yankees and that's when Kurt Shillings and Randy Johnson shared the MVP. And I said, based on what he had done in the first game, complete game, and then he followed it up in game six, to get him in game severn and I said, you know what, if he comes in and get to save, he's gonna be the MVP and right.
Speaker 5: Hisself for sure.
Speaker 3: He hold on, I'm confused now, you say, you you better Nissan and Ultima on the Dodgers to win this game.
Speaker 5: Right, No, I'm a series when the whole.
Speaker 8: When the whole came out and I saw it with Toronto versus La, immediately it was like, I think the Dodgers are going to win this game, win that series, one hundred periods, okay. And I went to Game three, eighteen innings. I sat in left field until twelve thirty in LA and watched every player that game. Probably the best sporting event I've ever been to. In my life, right and crazy? What a series, what a game the last two nights, unbelievable world series. Everybody who's a baseball fan should have thoroughly enjoyed that. Sure, and what a while they are college football too?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, if I'm not mistaken. So the series is what is it tied to the over next d.
Speaker 1: It's over for to three?
Speaker 4: That was that was game set. That's it.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: God damn the Jodges that went back to back, back to back.
Speaker 1: Back to back. That's the first time. That was the first time since the Big Red Machine seventy five seventy six that a National League team has gone back to back with Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan and all those guys, Tom don't don't worry about.
Speaker 4: Back in the day.
Speaker 3: And see listen, when you think about the investment, when you think about the payroll and investment that they put on these players, Freeman Otani.
Speaker 1: Who bet Mookie Ben, They got Yamamoto, they got Glass Now they played Blake Snail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know why the Dodgers figured it out. Johnny, Well, how come the Yankee can't do it? Because the Yankee did the same guy had the same guy. Damn philosophy pitching and Yankee.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you think about it, it was it was a Dodgers pitching that actually saved him. Yr My motive game, because y'all momotive game, a complete game in game six, he gave him six. He gave him a complete game. Game he played, he gave.
Speaker 5: To he came in in certain situations.
Speaker 2: After last night, He gave him six. Sitting last night and.
Speaker 1: He came in.
Speaker 3: The helly gonna come in tonight after this pitching nine and your shoulders supposed to be off the bone.
Speaker 5: You don't play until next spring. You ain't got nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're worried about that. That's why they gave him what they gave.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: When when you when you when you paid? When you pay that And that's why, that's why the Dodgers. Uh that the Dodgers guy is the same guy that brought just brought the the the Lakers. Ah, so they gonna spend money. They say it takes money to make money. You see, Mookie Besk got a two hundred million dollar contract, Freddie Freeman got one hundred and fifty show hey got seven hundred, you got a glass, now you got snailick.
Speaker 4: Well, congratulations you Dodgers fans.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not much of a baseball fan, despite me being a five tulur in high school.
Speaker 4: But congratulations of y'all boys.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it. I'm a bigger than I like baseball. I don't watch it like I used to. I used to watch the World Series all the time. I'm very familiar with the players, I'm very familiar with the history of the game. But man, the Dodgers, A mean, think about it. It's been seventy five, seventy six. That's fifty years that you've had a National League team go back to back. I mean the Yankees. You remember the Yankees. The Yankees won what ninety two, No. Ninety eight, ninety nine, two thousand. They lost in two thousand and one to the Diamondbacks. That was the nine to eleven series. But man, Dodgers, congratulations, I mean, hey, I guess they got the best team money. Ohio State hasn't had a Heisman Trophy winner since Troy Smith captured Bill Ward back in two thousand and six, but heading into the final month of the regular season, the buck Eyes now both the Heisman front runner. Julian Saying delivered another performance in the thirty eight fourteen win over Penn State. The sophomore quarterback completed twenty of twenty three passes three hundred and sixteen yards four touchdown with the Ladis outing Saying jump Alabama quarterback Todd Simpson and Indiana quarterback Fernando Mendoza to become the Heisman favorite. Johnny, what you're thinking, I mean, he was an Alabama He's an Alabama transfer. Coach Saban said today that you know he was.
Speaker 2: He was the coach that had him running scout team.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, look, this guy is playing really really well right now. Going into the last month of the season. Obviously things change in the Heisman race. But when you look at Ohio State's picture, the way that they're playing, the way that he's playing, you think all of us would probably have to agree here that he's a shoe in for New York. He's gonna end up as a fine Yes, for sure. Now it's kind of panned somebody else. There's that moment, right, we talk about it all the time.
Speaker 5: There's the moment that comes. Has he played stellar enough to get to New York. Absolutely.
Speaker 8: Do I believe that Marcel Reids so far has played stellar enough to get to New York.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 8: I think Mendoza as well from Indiana has probably played well enough to get to New York. But lookin played well enough to get to New York as well if you had to ask me. Those four guys obviously leading the odds right now, if you're going by the odds makers, But there is still that time to capture a moment. There is still that time to go out and have a game or a play or a series that sets you apart from the rest. Is Ohio State going to have a game that there actually in for him to have something like that, or they just going to breeze through undefeated.
Speaker 5: Kick everybody's at Maybe we'll see.
Speaker 8: Michigan didn't look very good today, but you know that game you throw everything else out the window. I'm really looking at Marcel Reid.
Speaker 5: He does get that moment.
Speaker 8: If Texas played, If that's Texas the way they did today, you go into the last game of the season, take care of business in Missouri. Next week, you go beat Samford, you get Texas day after Thanksgiving on the road.
Speaker 5: You look what just happened.
Speaker 8: I'm really interested because no way would I have thought that Vandy would have been favored and or would have been underdogs in that game today. Vandy was never in that game today until the onside kick was wiggling its way out of bounds. They were never in that game for a second. So Texas man handled him. That was the best Texas team has looked all year. You have to for the first time, as I've sat on here and bashed Arch, Manning bashed the way Texass looked. They still have no run game. Did his receivers and their outside blocking scheme Ocho. That was some the best hat on hat outside blocking I've seen in a long, long time.
Speaker 1: Open up the play.
Speaker 5: First play of the game.
Speaker 8: Arch didn't have to do a lot to get started in the game, but get the ball out of your hand quick, get it on the perimeter, hat on a hat, take it to the crib. I would do this with Mike Evans all the time. So you do have to give Texas credit. They have a very solid old line because Vandy threw everything they could at them. Their defense and pass rush pretty solid.
Speaker 1: They played.
Speaker 5: They played really well. So if Arch can play like that.
Speaker 8: I think you go into the last game of the season, Texas versus Texas A and M, you may have Texas favorite in that one too.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is Johnny and Ocho. When you look at it, Texas played for three quarters. They can't play any better than what they played for three quarters. Right, Her defense was outstanding on Padio, arch Manning was dood. I mean he got hit in the chest and he threw a ball in the ends on I'm talking about he took a shot right to the chops and he hey, I'm like okay walking to him March. And then all of a sudden, come to the fourth quarter, they forget how to play football. Two blown coverages? Bro, how you leave how twice? They got a third and nineteen and you let a guy pick it up. I was like, bro, No, it was fourth and nineteen? What third nineteen?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: And and you you let two I mean you had three players where I'm talking about DB's what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just where does that come from?
Speaker 1: M hmm? And on the fourth On the fourth and nineteen, I'm like, corner, why are you sinking so much? The guy catches a sixteen yard route turned he's already at the first down.
Speaker 2: You don't have to seek that much.
Speaker 1: Hey, I was like back to saying he has four games this season completing eighty five percent of its passes with three hundred yards and at least three passing touchdowns. No quarterback in the country has more than one such game, saying who backed up Will Howard last year's championship run. Is putting up big numbers in his first season as a starter, twenty two hundred and twenty four yards, twenty four touchdowns, only three picks. Top right. Buckeys are trying to win back to back national championships for the first time in their program.
Speaker 3: And then it is Uncle Johnny. They got a good They got a good chance to do it. They got a good chance to do it. Listen saying saying what it was twenty twenty, twenty, twenty twenty three today, four tds. And when you got weapons like Cardinal Tape got Jeremiah Smith, you know, having to come to the having it, Hey, listen, having to come to the job. It's easy to get the motherfucker job done when you got them kind of weapons they got over there in Ohio State. But what I wanted to say about the Heisman Trophy, the Heisman Trophy case right, and those that are all of a sudden, the names are now in the pot towards it.
Speaker 4: What Johnny what what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What? Game?
Speaker 3: We?
Speaker 5: What we in?
Speaker 4: Week what ten? Week nine?
Speaker 1: Something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The fact that it took this.
Speaker 3: Long for for I was really like ten, Like yeah, okay, I'm just I'm gonna just say week ten. The fact that we're finally seeing names come out of the hat where nobody has separated themselves for the past nine to ten weeks says all you need to know. That says everything you need to know. You know, they're good, they're they're okay. But the ain't no goddamn Johnny Manziel's it ain't no. Cam Newton's ain't no, ain't no Joe Burrows that from week one all the way through they cutting the food.
Speaker 1: I think the thing was what happened is that there was really no quarterback that was in the Heivesmen running last year that came back to school. So normally, you know, Johnny, you normally have a guy that was in the Hivesmen running or you know, he was under and then he came back. But you get Travis he leaves, you get all those guys that's leaving, You get a askting Genty he leaves, so busted. Think about saying wasn't even starting, Todd Simpson wasn't even starting, arch Manning wasn't starting. So you you coming back with the and guys have to show you. You know they tried to. Arch Manning is the favorite based on what now. He's played well the last couple of weeks. But how you gonna say he's the favorite now? Marcel Reid he he was a starter last year. He probably was him and Mindulza was he like the only starters that we can say, like, okay, you.
Speaker 8: Can really only say that for Marcel after he comes into second half versus LSU last year. If you looked away Texas and m end of the season last year, you weren't putting him on no Heisman list. If there was any quarterback there was returning this year that you would have had on the Heisman list early in the season, it would have been Penn State's quarterback.
Speaker 5: That would have been Drew Lark.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh well yeah, Alan, I don't know, don't don't get me started. And matiir what MATERI didn't materir transfer into.
Speaker 5: Uh Arizona talk earlier in this year, for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I think that's that's that's what you have to And you said it, Johnny. You go back and look at Joe Burrow. He had his highman moment against Alabama. He had that run. They come out there and they go ahead there because you know it's star versus stars. Look at all those wide receivers that go in the first round. The quarterback is number one, and then you get to a going uh number five, and then you have all those receivers. You got Burrow, I mean, excuse me. You got Jella, and you got Chased, you got Judy, you got Rugs, you got a Devonte Smith, you got Jaylen n Wattle, you got Nae man bro look at look at all the talent out there. So and then Joe has that moment. You have Davonte Smith who just goes crazy. Jaylen Wattle gets hurt and every week he's having one eighty two hundred, he's running a punt back, he's doing something that No, you got to stand up and pay attention to me. Well, like you said, Johnny, I'm just waiting. I don't know who or win. They're gonna have that moment. You had your moment down in Tuscaloosa. That was Johnny Manziel's coming out party. From that point on, they got a.
Speaker 8: Kid man down there, and I needed help though even after that game. And this is a crazy thing the way the college football universe works. There is an offensive coordinator right now who's sitting at Texas A and M in Marcel Reed's room every day coaching him.
Speaker 5: The name is Colin Klein.
Speaker 8: On week twelve of the season, Oh from Canklyin was gonna win the Heisman that year. Colin Klein was winning that race. I was making a late push, but they played Baylor. After we played Missouri, our last game of the season, I had done everything I could do. We went out smoked. Missouri had an unbelievable game. And when we got out of that game, I went to a party with all my boys on the team and everybody was doing a ring dunk in Texas A and M. And I was glued to a Kansas State versus Baylor game and Baylor beat the breaks off of Kansas State. All Incline had a really rough night and I truly believed that. When I left that night and went back home, I knew that I had won the Heisman that night. There used to be a thing called Heisman Pundit, and for nine years in a row, this guy had a website that would had predicted who win. Eight of the nine years, he would collect enough votes from voters to see who would win it. And I was on this site every day checking And when he had talied up enough votes and said I was going to win, I kind of knew, but I needed help that year to even be able to get there. And when I was going into the Heisman, I thought, Manton, I might sneak in and take it.
Speaker 5: The way the media was around then, I.
Speaker 1: Thought, because you came from so far, you got to realize where you came, you wasn't even nobody was.
Speaker 5: Really lucky to even be on the field.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, wait, hey, Johnny, who did you say, Mike, who you say you thought was gonna win it?
Speaker 5: And Titeo, that whole girlfriend thing came out.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: The way it was feeling like even at the Heisman, even because you do the College Football Awards ESPN and Disney before that, and he came through, won a lot of awards, and then we got to New York. We're doing all the press and everything. I'm like, man, this guy might really have a shot. Not their name's a really beloved team in college football. He was a great player that year, got his team into the national title luckily, you know, and I had the freshman bias too.
Speaker 5: That was a big thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they had started. They had forgotten about that because once they let Tebow had won it because they used to be a situation. Adrian Peterson could have easily won the Heisman Trophy. Herschel Walker could have easily won the Heisman Trophy. Marshall falk his year. You go back to look at the year the Gino Tretta what it? How the hell Marshall Faulk didn't win the war? I don't know, but there are a lot of guys there. There are a lot of guys that wanted We go back and look at like hold on, Like, I mean, hell, if I played d one ball in two thousand and one, I think I have won to hide it because Eric Crouch ends up winning it, I'm like, how they like what? And then Jason White wins it one year. I'm like, y'all just giving you, y'all gotta give it to y'all. Figure y'all got to give to somebody, no respectfully, O Joe, as you like to use the world respectfully. But Eric Crouch rushing for a thousand yards, been throwing for like seven hundred not ain't no Heisman. I'm sorry. And it took him throwing the ball in the ends on it and hitting somebody put getting kicked up in there. Johnny, you probably were too young to remember that when that happened. But uh bad, it's gonna be It's gonna be close. I think we're gonna have a very, very close Heisman Trophy race this year.
Speaker 8: I think if I think if Sam comes in and has a good game in the Michigan game, they go to the championship game, they were all things out. He continues to play the way he is, throwing for a lot of yards, throwing touchdowns three plus touchdowns every every game. If he does that continues the streak that he's on, he's going to be tough to go beat. But the thing about Marcel is he has so much ability to be able to bring in like he had a couple flashes that almost looked Lamar esque last week versus LSU. Yeah, you know, he's kind of skirting into the end zone. He's so deadly with his feet, his receivers. You know, he's chunking the ball around. I think he has that dual threat that fits what you've seen from myself from a Mariota type. Now, does he throw it as well as us right now at this point, No, but he runs it well enough to have a dual threat with you know, is in line for Heisman guys in the past.
Speaker 5: So obviously I'm.
Speaker 8: Going to be a Homer. I'm I'm starting my Marcel for Heisman campaign here. Relatively, I think about November fifteenth, I'm really going to fire up the train.
Speaker 5: But nevertheless, I think we'll have a good race.
Speaker 8: One right now that seems a little bit unclear, but in a couple of weeks, two three weeks, I think we'll start to see some people pull away.
Speaker 1: In a crystallize itself. Arch Manning in the Texas returned to Darryl K. Rock Royal Stadium for the first home game in forty two days. On Saturday, Arch went twenty five or thirty three three twenty eight three touchdowns, no I iNTS. The number twenty long Horns held off the number nine Vanderbilt Commodorees despite the Commodore scoring twenty one to fourth quarter points. Arch became the first player in Texas history with three hundred passing yards, three touchdowns, seventy five percent completion percentage against a top ten opponent. Manning was blitzed on ten of his thirty four dropbacks. He finished eight of ten one forty five. All three of his touchdowns came against five or more pressure. His career touchdown against the Blitz. He has the most touchdowns against the Blitz in his career, and all three came on play action. He had a three touchdown. He had such three touchdown passing his career. Coming into today, Longhorns fans chanted overrated at Commodore's quarter back Diego.
Speaker 4: He wasn't no overrated. Well probably with twenty seven thirty eight for three tds.
Speaker 1: You and he had three sixty five man Yeah, and then he only turned the ball over once. That won't turnover. I just think the thing was, look, Texas got concerned. How do you know you get a big league like that, you start running the ball. The next thing you know, you in third and eight and then I guess what, you're off the field. Now, team get a little momentum. Okay, they scored. Okay, you keep the ball for two or three minutes, you kick it back to him. Now you blow a possession. Now you blow a coverage. Now guess what. The guy just scored in ten seconds. Now you got hell on your hands. Now you're like, okay, now what do I call? I want to make them burn the time oules, but I also want to give us an opportunity to try to, you know, run some time off the clock. Now they get the ball, and you guys had it. They had.
Speaker 2: The guy bobbled the ball back ahead. I mean, you won't get a better.
Speaker 8: Hearing them talking. This infuriated me. Why we got linebackers on the on the team because ever felt leather in their life other than the couch and boys they touched the rocket.
Speaker 1: You put linebacker the people up because you hope the ball they didn't know what to do with it looked like a look like an ice cube bouncing around somebody's hands.
Speaker 8: I mean, look Texas throughout that game. Yeah, you get comfy, you let off the gas a little bit. It is hard to keep that pace and keep that tempo up when you you're just trying to get out of there, right. But at the end of the day, Texas, that was a dominant performance one that I have to give to them. Stark game plan that and and Vanderbilt very very well. They knew their offensive line was really struggling at Vanderbilt.
Speaker 5: They did the week before.
Speaker 8: They brought some good blitzes Colin Simmons. They had some guys really getting after Pavia all day. The pass rush really didn't settle down until the fourth quarter on those last drives where I think sometimes you get enough plays in college football where the play count starts to get up there and guys just get gas.
Speaker 4: It's just what it is.
Speaker 5: But that was it was pure domination.
Speaker 8: I mean from pretty much until nine minutes, eight minutes left in that ball game, it was all Texas and it could have you know, there was a late pass where Texas ended up missing a field goal to give Vandy the ball at like the thirty five or forty that.
Speaker 5: Kind of started the whole thing.
Speaker 8: On third down, Yeah, the guy bounced and hit the ground when they reviewed it, But when they put the points up and said that it was good. And I looked at the scoreboard and it said forty to sixteen. I'm like, oh, this a this ass whooping. Yeah bad, And that's how it felt really throughout the whole day. I think you got to see a glimpse of what Texas could be or where he's expected to be this season, and this has given them it should And I did an autograph signing today with Marcel Reid, Concepcion, Cravers, all my aggies because they're on a bye week here in Houston and we're watching that game and I'm like, yo, Andy's getting their ass kicked and they're like yah, really, I'm like, this should give Texas the momentum they need going into the schedule that they have.
Speaker 5: In my opinion, you know, you be the top ten team you go in. This gives you a.
Speaker 3: Little spark listen. And one of the reasons why they can be the top ten team. One of the reasons why Texas looked the way they look, you know, these these past few weeks because of the quarterback play. Arch Man is arch Man has decided to come to the party. He decided to come to the party and play much much better than what he looked like at the beginning.
Speaker 4: Of the season and in the game again, if.
Speaker 2: He had been playing like this in the beginning. Oh, I'm not saying that he'd be so high.
Speaker 3: That's what they would have only one loss, yep.
Speaker 8: But if he plays like that, you have a defense like that, an offensive line that can protect you. Got a good coach the one area of the flaw that you haven't seen in their game the entirety of the year. And Sark even said this, said this today, if we can just rush the ball for one hundred, one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 5: Five yards, we'll be okay.
Speaker 8: He's on his knees every day in that building begging to be able to find a running lane. They can't run the ball nowhere in a Pop Warner league right now, they couldn't run the ball.
Speaker 5: And that's just like one thing that's gonna catch up to them.
Speaker 8: Like you run into a defense like A and M who plays the run pretty well, Like you're gonna have a hard day when you become one dimensional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you one dimensional. I mean, if you can't you you've got to be able to make people think you could run the football. You might not be able to run it, but if you just if them guys just say they can't run the football, They're not gonna try to run the football because they can't, and we just gonna go hunt the water back. You can't. You in for a long, long, long ass day.
Speaker 4: And Johnny, you know that goes for the NFL as well.
Speaker 3: If if you can if you can't establish the run, if you can't push and apply pressure to players against their own will, and having the running game to to to kind of save you so you can pass the ball most of the time.
Speaker 4: You know you got to run the ball to open up the pass.
Speaker 5: Play, your play actually goes out the window. What are you thinking for you.
Speaker 4: Once you come one dimensional? It's a rap.
Speaker 1: It's a rap, Johnny. The Aggers are undefeated and ranked number one in ESPN Strength of Schedule metric. You guys beating Notre Dame, you beat Auburn, you beat Florida, Who's they said, you beat the LSU. You got Missouri who's ranked nineteenth. Uh and but you got also you're on the road against number twentieth Texas.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys already spoke about this.
Speaker 8: Without Florida win for US looks a little bit better today because they had they.
Speaker 5: Had Georgia on the on the road. They had him on the road.
Speaker 8: I don't know if it's you know, sometimes you get an interim coach in there, you get somebody else play. Lagway showed a little bit of flashes. I mean they played Georgia really, really tough today. I think, you know, Georgia had to go out and make some plays. I think, once again, you know they're kind of lucky to be able to skape out of there. But getting back to the Aggies, look, you got to go still continue to take care of business and just one game at a time, take care of business. Everything is setting up for an unbelievable showdown. This is why the rivalry was brought back. And I think there's a lot of guys in our locker room, and I know there's a lot of guys in that Texas locker room that remember how last year felt. I went to that game and I sat through four quarters of that. We didn't come close to winning that game, not for a moment. Both teams have a lot of people back. Obviously Arch is the guy now, but Arch got in that game last year, brought a spark, scored a touchdown. He's gonna feel confident coming into this game against Elco. I think for our guys at A and M, listen, this is the chance to get to that game undefeated and do something that hasn't been done at this school in a long, long time. Marcel, you want that heisman, Go and take it. Go and take it against a team that Texas by then, but they were what twenty this week, they're gonna be ranked closer to the top gen beat two top ten teams this year they might be You go beat you have a number Miami, have a number three versus a number twelve matchup in the last week of the season, with the ticket to the net to the SEC Championship on the line. You've already punched the ticket to the playoff. You win this game, this gives you a two seed and a bye. Everything you want right there in front of you, how bad you want it. You want to hit the club, you want to go chase girls, you want to mess around, you want to get in the book, you want to bless you, or you want to go get it. Because for A and M, I think you're you're starting to get some respect. I think I heard saving say this the other day. The two teams that have impressing the most, that have shown complete from top to bottom, where they really look like they don't have a ton of flaws and look solid fundamentally through all areas of football special teams, offense, defense. I have a head coach that's not putting you in bad situations. It's Ohio State and A and M. So for Miagis, it's still premature because anything can happen in the SEC if you have one of those off days. But everything that you want is right there in front of you.