Speaker 1: Hey, it's sauce on the side episode. I have no idea anymore. We're at that point.
Speaker 2: I know it's in the thirties.
Speaker 1: Thirty two, No, oh.
Speaker 3: Well thirty thirty three or thirty four.
Speaker 1: Then it's in the thirties. Look, this is how I count my age.
Speaker 2: Somewhere around there, mom.
Speaker 1: But today we have on a guy named Walla who you may not have heard of before. He has a podcast with his cousin Gilly the Kid, and he's I how would you describe him?
Speaker 4: I think a lot of people would describe him as like a motivational speaker, maybe even though he's not necessarily doing speeches all the time, right, but he's on the podcast and he's always trying to uplift people, okay through his own experiences too, So like, I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Just really like him, Okay, I'm excited to get to it because I mean, if you don't know his story, it's a pretty fascinating story. And he has a book out now all but long story short, when he was like seventeen years old, he went to prison, not even jail, right, because he was there for a good amount of time, got out, violated his probation went right back and ended up doing a good amount of time. So I can tell you his life story, or you could just listen to him tell you his life story. I said, we get right to it. Thank you Wallow for joining me today. Thank you you go by Wallow Wallow two six seven.
Speaker 5: Six seven, just two six seven Wallow.
Speaker 1: Two six seven. Where did the two six seven come from? Because I saw a couple different things.
Speaker 5: It come from my prison number, so I could remember where I come from where I'm never going back to. My prison number was DG two sixty seven zero, so I took that and added that to it. It really started with I was in jail and I had a legal cell phone, and when I went to go set up an Instagram page, somebody had my name Wallow, so I added two six seven because there's a prison thing, but it was wind up and then it was also like the Philadelphia area cool.
Speaker 1: Just from that, I have so many questions alone, So one, let's start with why did you go to prison? For the people who might not know a lot about you. By the way, he's here because he just dropped a book armed with good intentions, all about a lot of stuff that we're going to talk about.
Speaker 2: But what got you there?
Speaker 5: Young? Growing up in the city streets in Philadelphia, wanted to be down. I went to jail for two on robberies to fire, on violations, trying to steal the American dream.
Speaker 1: You know, So you're seventeen years old when you end up going to prison and you got out for a quick second, violated parole. What happened? What was the actual violation that got you back another Oh so it was like a big violation, okay, It wasn't like it was okay. So then you go back and you end up doing twenty fifteen total.
Speaker 5: Yeah, finally just got out of twenty seventeen. Been out going on eight years.
Speaker 1: So in that time a whole lot happened as far as the world moving. I know you said you try to set up an Instagram page when you're in jail. I have a lot of questions about how you got.
Speaker 5: To thaw it. This Instagram page was set up in.
Speaker 1: It was so you got all your followers. It says the day you got out, the day you got freedom, you got all the followers. So you were actually.
Speaker 5: Collecting them when I was in jail in twenty thirteen and fourteen. Then when I got out, it started really going up.
Speaker 1: So how'd you get the cell phone? I don't need names, I don't need anything.
Speaker 5: Like that, but you know one of them, you know, rest in peace. A friend of mine, he had brung me a wireless high spot, a clear wireless hogt spot in the eyepod touch. That's where it started from. Then I graduated to a cell phone. I took that and it was like off to the races. I was just on social media, just just finding out stuff that I was amazed by being in jail so long and understanding that you had his phone because I didn't, you know, it was years before. Then a young kid came to prison, a younger dude than me, and he was telling me about Google.
Speaker 3: I thought he was lying about Google, yeah, because I'm like.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been in jail. I don't know what it is. So he told me, he said, man, I could google you. I said, man, how can you google me? And I've been in jail because I didn't even just the whole idea of that you could type something in something and all this information would come back was just like, that can't be real. I wrote it down in my book of life book of life was something that I always used to write stuff down, and I said, when I get out, imna figure this out. So when I finally got the wireless hotspot in an I Pod Touch, I went to Google and I typed my name and stuff came up. I dropped the phone because I dropped the I Pod because I thought it was like the fees was watching and something was going crazy, because I'm like, how do they got my information in here? And it's just like technolo. I was intrigued by technology ever since then. I was like, I'm on this.
Speaker 1: Stuff and you figured it out pretty quickly because you start a jour Instagram page.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I figured it out.
Speaker 1: How do you even start marketing yourself from a prison cell?
Speaker 5: No, it wasn't really that too much. On air, people would just follow me that knew me, and its people that knew me, and Philly like like knew of me from people whatever. I used to put positive quotes up. But it was really when I got out of prison that it really went crazy twenty seventeen because I just started doing videos. I used to watch Anthony Bourdein in prison religiously, and you know from Anthony Rodeen being on drugs and getting his life together to going showing showing the world of the world. I was like, yo, man, I said, imagine if I spose, if I exposed the hood to different walks of life, because sometimes the hood lack exposure. So I said, if I could do this is around. So when I came home, I used to do these commercials and I used to go to small businesses and do free commercials for them, and then it turned into like a business marketing business.
Speaker 1: So you didn't have this plan when you got out of prison to say hey, I'm going to get into this. It just happened.
Speaker 5: I didn't have it planned. It's just that it was just the energy and what I seen wasn't there. But I always seen when I was on social media in jail that it wasn't no regular people being amplified. It was like you had to be an athlete, you had to be an artist, you had to be a star, you had to be something. You had to have a woman with no clothes on to grab attention. So I had to battle with the timeline. So I said, I'm a battle with the timeline. And if you see my early a lot of my early videos, I'll be running across the expressway car laying on the ground with catch up on the head like I shot. It was a bunch of different ones to grab the attention because it's a battle on the timeline. It's a battle for attention. And I realized that attention was a currency. So I said, okay, let me get this attention and they just start following.
Speaker 1: Is this your fourth book?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could say that, But the other books was like self published. I just did them. A lot of them. Books was created by taking posts from my Instagram and turning them into stuff. But this is the first official you know, so this is like.
Speaker 1: We got a publisher. We're on tour the one. How's it going?
Speaker 5: It's going out standing?
Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, if people want to get this book, where are they going to go?
Speaker 5: They go everywhere and get anywhere books or sold, Barns and Noble, Amazon books and books books a million, wherever you do anywhere books or sold.
Speaker 1: So what's it like going out now and talking about all these years of your experience and having to boil it down to a half hour an hour and squeeze it all in there. I mean, I know that your podcaster, you also have your podcast million dollars a worth of game what you do with your cousin and you're typically the interviewer. Was it like being on the other side now and getting interviewed by people about this?
Speaker 5: It's relaxing, really, Yeah, it's relaxing. And I ain't got to do that, I see, because a lot of times I'm working for the audience. I'm trying to get the information that they want. I don't work. It's not a personal thing for me. I'm trying to pour as much information as possible that the viewer could utilize, you know, I mean, because they probably want to know, but bringing it down. I love nanosecond messaging. So I liked the fact that coming to half an hour and getting straight to the point because people attention spans is short. They want it straight, Yes, they do, because they're turn and be somewhere else, So you gotta get them short, you know, they gotta be short.
Speaker 1: How did you start the podcasting?
Speaker 5: Well, I had to show first called Where's Wallow? And I used to run around interview people off my phone in the tripod, interviewed some of the biggest rabbits, big athletes, all that stuff, and then one day I was just me and my cousin. I was it was up early in the morning and I seen an article that says Spotify allo k four and a million of podcasts in the first quarter. It was like twenty nineteen. I woke him up, I said, read this article. We already had traction and we already had eyeballs. So I said, okay, we got to put this together. That day, I got the you know, the logo drawing up, called my attorney sham Lost, I need the trade and processed lls it and it was going from there. So we came out with our first episode April seventeen, twenty nineteen. Within six months, we had two deals on the table, one from Spotify, one from Barstow, and it was on from there and you want.
Speaker 1: With Barstool, right, how's that going?
Speaker 5: I was standing watching that.
Speaker 1: So I used to live in Boston before I moved here, so I was there when it sort of started as like a little little pamphlet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was like a newsletter.
Speaker 1: It's insane how this stuff has grown.
Speaker 5: I think right now we live in a time whereas though everything is possible, not anything everything. You could build it, but you got to be willing the build it to put it, put it, you know, put the time in, and if you do that, it's on.
Speaker 2: It seems like you've had.
Speaker 1: It's gonna sound weird saying good luck because obviously there was a problem before. There was bad luck before. But you get out of prison, you decided you're going to start marketing. How do you get access to celebrities to just start talking to them? What were you doing?
Speaker 5: Everybody loved traffic, everybody love attention, and if you got it, you got every key in the game. All you had to do is put eyes on yourself. You could get eyeballs on you ain't nobody gonna tell you no, and then you know, God got me. I got guys who God got me? So, you know, is a package deal.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the first person that you actually got to talk to you and thinking, oh shit, so and so just spoke to me.
Speaker 5: I remember when I first started where As Wallow, The first interview I had was Meek Mills when I started that show, and Meek always was a support of mine. He always showed me love, you know what I mean. But he was one of the first dudes outside of my cousin that threw me up on social media. He'd be posted one of my stuff and I probably got like one hundred thousand followers on like a day.
Speaker 1: You say that like it's nothing. You know how much people would pay for that, And they do pay for it now, which is trash.
Speaker 5: But it ain't gonna work, like I don't.
Speaker 1: Want it to. But I see things all the time and I'm like, those numbers don't match up what is going on over now?
Speaker 5: It don't is like you know, like a real you can have a lot of numbers, but sometimes the likes and the followers don't match. Sometimes because you're not paying for ads.
Speaker 1: I know, because they slow you down.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: It's the worst. Now. It used to really just be about the content and what was there, and now it's about what you're gonna pay for and how you're gonna elevate it and all that kind of stuff. I digress. It doesn't matter. You're doing a really good job with all of this. So you've got your podcast, You've got this book that's out now, and in the book you're talking a lot about, well, how you want to evoke change, you want things to be different for people who came from the same place as you. How do you go about starting that big.
Speaker 5: Example, okay, proof of concepts, just showing people like look at where I come from, Like I came from the bottom. You know you ain't. I don't think too many people what's able to reach the level of success coming from where I came from. It's hard coming out of prison, trying to figure out life. You're scared. You got to be a person that you never was before in order to maintain your freedom, and you're trying to figure all this stuff out. In the process of figuring all that stuff out, you need money. You got pressure of get the job, you got pressure from family. You got to battle with who you want to be. I mean, you got a battle with who you used to because you're like who used to be? Like yo, come on, like what's up? You want to get busy? Then you're like, no, I'm different. So it's like as as tall as a conversation that's going on, you got to keep battling. And it's not just about coming from prison. It's about coming from a dark place in life wherever you might be. And I just want to let you know that you could get back up and you got another shot of life long as you're breathing, because breathing is to win.
Speaker 1: Do you have regrets or are you one of the people who says everything is a lesson? And I'm where I am because everything happened the way that did.
Speaker 5: Definitely everything is a lesson. I got regrets of people that might have been victims of my crime. But you know, you know, from the first kid, I always want to you know, you always got to be understanding of that people that you might have victimized, you know. But like most of my life and how I went, I'm happy that it went that way because it made me who I am today.
Speaker 1: No, I know you had a TED talk also, which, by the way, congratulations. How does one even start to get a TED talk? And then I have some questions about the.
Speaker 5: Time I had three TED talks?
Speaker 2: You had three?
Speaker 5: Okay, I forget all of them, but it was three of them. I know that I had. I forgive my brother's killing. The first one, yep. The second one was I can't cuss on here, Yeah, you can't fuck it button, and I was just educating people on how to activate they fucking button where they stopped worrying about all the stuff that don't matter. And the third one was like, Uh, I think cell phone is the new parent. Oh, and I was talking about how the technology is raising the kids now. They reached out to me. People reach out to you, and it just somebody reached out to me and I got the first one. Then it kept rolling.
Speaker 1: So your first ted talk, I forgive my brother's killer. That's very heavy. Yes, it's got to make you feel somewhat lighter to do that, does it.
Speaker 5: Man? That was the greatest thing I ever did in my life. I come from a place where revenge is king. But to let that go and to see more life and to be able to live for my brother, live for his kids, be there for my family, that was paramid, you know what I mean. So it was like that was a great and then I had to worry about looking for somebody else trying to be you know, trying to do this and that it was just the greatest feeling in my life. You know.
Speaker 1: So on the flip side of that, when you say you think about some of the people that were impacted by the things that you did, have you reached out to any of these people to perhaps seek forgive us.
Speaker 5: On the other side, you can't just reach out like that because it's laws and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: You know, But I always let it be known that I'm deeply, you know, apologized for what I've done.
Speaker 1: Has anyone reached out to you, No, they never reached out. On the second, ted talk the fucking button.
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: Let's talk about fucking button because it sounds entertaining and interesting and important.
Speaker 5: I'm one of the largest owners in the world fucking buttons. Okay, I got so many different fucking buttons on so many different levels. I think people care about too much. They care too much about people opinions, do, don't know them, don't like them, and probably they would never even meet. And I think that's what's holding a lot of people back. They really care. I don't give a fuck. You don't have to like me. There's eight billion people on the planet. You think I care that you don't like me?
Speaker 1: Sell out?
Speaker 5: You think I care that you one hundred thousand people don't like me? So what fuck it? Y'all not gonna stop me from operating and doing what I got to do out here. I don't care, you know, And I think I was just trying to tell people that a lot of people out here is being really is being you know, controlled by remote controls that other people have, which is opinion.
Speaker 1: And I think what people don't realize. Also, I don't even know if I want to say it. The haters get you paid to, it's amazing they do so much more for.
Speaker 5: It, or your marketing team let them work, because once again, it's about traffic. It's about attention, even.
Speaker 1: If you're just talking about social media. The more people talk shit, the more engagement you can anyway, So it's amazing you let them fight it out in the comment section and you don't even have to do anything. And I'm sure you probably don't do it to other people.
Speaker 5: What I got to hate for I'm winning exactly. Ain't nobody's winning hating.
Speaker 1: You said all the time, happy bitches ain't hate and hating bitches ain't happy.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yes, So now your book again, we're talking about change, evoking change, things being different. This is a big year for change. Obviously, we have an election coming up. Are you in any way politically active or endorsing anybody at the moment?
Speaker 5: No comments?
Speaker 1: Oh so you are? You just don't want to talk about it? Is that no comment means?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? So if you could change one thing, because obviously you've talked about this before. Coming out of prison is a multi layered mission to get back into society, whether it's people needing mental help, physical help, getting a job. If you could change one thing right now, what would be that thing to help people get back on their fee when they're getting out of prison.
Speaker 5: Right now, I got an organization. I just started my foundation while two six seventh found OAH Warsdough my organization, and we're going to be helping juvenile fenders come back, get back into get all the resources that I didn't have when I was coming up and I was in the system. One of the main things that people need coming out of prison is employment. Also, you know, like therapy is multiple things, it's not just one, but employment probably will be the first because.
Speaker 1: You need a job, which is such a tough thing. Right Because a lot of people who are coming out of prison, you want to have faith in them. Maybe you shouldn't, maybe you can't, maybe other people have proven you wrong. I will say this, there is one guy that I used to work with in Boston who was the first experience that I ever had in somebody coming out of prison and turning their life around. I would not have believed it had I not seen it for myself with him, I wouldn't have believed it rehab actually worked until I start with him because I had seen so much of the opposite the rest of my life. So seeing him seeing you, it's incredible. But how do you weed through the people who are not like that to get to the justine or the u of the word.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: You know what's crazy is in America we believe in the system when people get found guilty, but we don't believe into it, believe in in the whole process. The whole process is I got found guilty, I'm going to do my time. I do my time. And we believe that prison will rehabilitate people if we didn't while we sending them there. So once we send him there, then they come home, then we say, oh, don't trust that person. We want people to be punished and punished forever.
Speaker 1: Do you think you deserve the sentence that you got?
Speaker 5: Uh? Every Yeah, everything happened for a reason. You know, what do you do when you can make crown? You know, when you can make crime, whatever come wul it come with it. Because crime could even go anyway, if you've robbing somebody, you got to shoes, you can kill somebody. Somebody could lose their life. Or the measurement of that is like, what do you.
Speaker 1: Do now when you're talking about all of the things that you're talking about right now and your founding, do you have other foundations too? I feel like I saw that you were part of a lot of different part of it.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of businesses. I got a lot of different businesses. Okay, got million. I was with a game, got airplanes or hotels, I got per a few.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you're like NASCAR right now. You're branded from the head, the.
Speaker 2: Shirt, you got the water.
Speaker 5: Think about this, you know, you know who? Why would somebody support your peninesses if you don't, that's fair.
Speaker 1: It's really making me question a lot of the things I'm doing with my life right now.
Speaker 5: Ahad, start wearing your merch.
Speaker 1: I don't have any mercher. Let's start there, Let's start giving.
Speaker 5: See I might get do something for you. Start. I mean you start start wearing your merch. Way, get ahead and start giving, you know, start because what happened is a lot of times I don't know what it is, A lot of people that start businesses and start stuff, they don't promote these stuff and I'd be like, what is you doing? You got a clue line why you're wearing aybod else stuff while you don't wear yours.
Speaker 1: So when it comes to me specifically, I can't speak for everybody else. There's a cultural aspect of that that is really hard for me to kind of fight because the Indian community, for the most part, you don't brag about yourself. You don't talk about yourself. You hope other people will, but you don't really promote yourself because it comes off as egotistical and bombastic and all the words that you don't want to be whis to your point, I should probably hit the fucking button.
Speaker 5: I can't, but could it be an amendment to that When you're doing business, you ain't supposed to mark at your business your livelihood.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm I feel like if I had a hotel or if I did something like that, it would be one thing. But when your brand is you, my brand is me, it does feel a little bit weird.
Speaker 5: Well, what if other people do What if you got a team of people that do it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm hoping over here she's doing something, but I don't think she is so do that.
Speaker 5: But but I just think about it, like I see people right and they got podcasts and they promoting others. Oh, I like this episode. Why you ain't talk about the episode of yours and your story of posting? Like people don't post their stuff enough. They don't believe, like and it just be to me like you want me to buy, you want me to believe, and something that you don't you're not bought into or that you won't believe.
Speaker 1: I got to work on that. That's the one thing that I think I need to do a lot better.
Speaker 5: Watch fucking button on YouTube.
Speaker 1: So I totally cut off when you were talking about all the things that you're doing. What are airplanes? What is airplanes?
Speaker 5: And hotel? The hotels is a clove line.
Speaker 1: I got what's the water?
Speaker 5: Uh high dreation drink Perrea few owner of It's official hydration drink for the Philly of your seventy sixes official hydration drink the Chicago Sky great unbelievable, takes different flavors and we'll get intentions. That's something else, you know, that's just that's special.
Speaker 1: So how are you feeling about it.
Speaker 5: I feel outstanding.
Speaker 1: Did you reread it once it was done?
Speaker 5: I did. I did the audiobook too. I got the great uh Ayana van Zant, she did the forward thirteen eight was the publisher Callery Slash Simon and Simon, and the shoot is powered by them, you know what I mean. But it's like I just had to you know, it's just a great experience to be able to know that it didn't feel good you feel it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a hardcover, by the way, but that's that song you hear.
Speaker 5: You feel it rugging itself. It's it's just a great feeling that somebody could take this and it can help somebody in life. I'm happy about it.
Speaker 1: Start to finish. How long did it take you?
Speaker 5: Less than the year? It didn't take that long. You know. It was just a great experience, man, especially reading it was a great experience. You know.
Speaker 1: And now that you are obviously doing press, so you're flying airplanes and hotels. How does that work with your parole which I read was Yeah, I got.
Speaker 5: An unbelievable paro agent that I just would let her get my whole schedule. She always supported on me. Shout out the Asian crews that just be hold me down. She believe in everything I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Do you ever sleep?
Speaker 5: I slept the last time that I.
Speaker 1: The last time that I slept.
Speaker 5: The last time I slept was like seventy eight before I was born, nineteen seventy eight. Having enough at it, okay.
Speaker 1: I mean it kind of seems that way with all the things that you have going on.
Speaker 5: Like you know what's crazy about me? I actually really enjoyed sleeping, But I like, I got this thing whereas though I like to do what I got to do early, and I like to go in the crib like three or four and go to sleep.
Speaker 1: Pitch am I am.
Speaker 5: But I like to go to sleep because I don't know what it is I like to I like to wake up at nighttime and be doing research. I love night.
Speaker 1: I recently read that people who sleep during the day have bigger brains. I don't know if we're using all of that, but if you're a day sleeper, yes, I'll send you the article because I was like, oh good and af during the day, my brain's huge. So a day off, if you have even such a thing as a day off, what do you do? What are you doing for fun?
Speaker 5: You'll believe it or that my fun is really Like, it's this place I go to in Philly, Right, this is the greatest place ever. Right, and they rub your legs. Right, it's a spy. Okay, I go there, Man, my life change. I feel like I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Just getting your legs rubbed. Yeah, massage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a massage. I don't even like you know what I used to like the regular massage. You're back, which is cool, but I don't even care about them no more. I like to go to display place in Philly and they just rub your legs for ninety minutes and then you lay down. You got the blanket. I'd be sleeping this joint. Right, It's just unbelievable. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: So my producer Diamond, she got a massage for the first time in her life.
Speaker 2: What what it was like.
Speaker 1: Three years ago? You want to come over here.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty one, the best moment of my life. I don't know what this woman did to me.
Speaker 5: How many times you've been back?
Speaker 4: Oh no, it was a one and done. She hasn't been I'm gonna get a massage another time because it was a part of a whole different experience that some of it I don't want to relive. So it was like we went on a camping trip. She took me out in the middle of the woods. I don't do that stuff, and she's fine. That was my reward for the end of this, and it was great.
Speaker 5: Damn how long did it? How long was this?
Speaker 4: I don't even know because I closed my eyes and it was it was too fast for me.
Speaker 3: But it's great.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to get her to go back because she loved it so much. I know maybe after this is over, we're gonna have to figure that out for you. Because she was like, I don't understand how people don't leave in relationships with their mascuse the way that woman touched me, she loves me. I was like, she doesn't. She does not love me to everybody.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Oh you thought it was personal.
Speaker 3: It was for me. I was like, wow, like I felt it very well.
Speaker 1: Do you find that there's one platform where you were reaching more people than others? Like is your YouTube audience more engaged in this stuff or is it the people who are buying your book or watching your ted.
Speaker 5: Talks is across the board, right, It's about the real interaction that to you to another police.
Speaker 1: So you actually encourage people to come talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they always do.
Speaker 1: There's no party that's like hello, okay.
Speaker 5: You know, of all ages, all races, people give you so much information because I look at this world like this world is one big library and everybody's a book. You know. I might stop and talk to you about podcasting, stop and talk to Diamond about massages, and it's one big ass library, and you'll be amazed what people will tell you.
Speaker 1: You know, you are sort of paraphrasing my favorite quote by Bill and I I love him. He says, everyone you will ever meet knows something that you do not. You just have to sit and talk to them and figure out that.
Speaker 5: I had some crazy conversations with people.
Speaker 1: Is there one that sticks out to you.
Speaker 5: I was talking to this lady one time. She was like a middle age enough fifties, white lady. She was sitting next to me on a plane and I'm talking to him, hearing her story of this story. She telling me she was a professor all this type of stuff, and she was just talking. I was like, how was it being at She's like, it's just fucking born. And I was shocked. I was like, damn, yeah. So she talking and talking and then I start not just it was born. She was like I never had conversations like this, and she felt so safe talking because she like we're from different worlds. You don't know me, I don't know you. She was a person. She's like, sometimes I just don't want to go to work. She was so when I told her what my stuff was, she was just like she didn't believe me.
Speaker 1: She didn't clutch her purse.
Speaker 5: Fuck, you were on the plane, were in first class, okay, So she like, yeah, you look too soft. It was so funny because you're like you could never you can't handle hang in prison. You were funny. She's like, you're a comedian, ain't she? I said, you know sometimes, And we was talking but I told her and she just didn't believe my journey. And she worked for a real prestige university and she's like this shit ain't working.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, damn, you keep in touch with her at all.
Speaker 5: No, it was just a conversation here. Once we left the plane, it was over.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a book in itself, all the crazy shit that I've heard by accident.
Speaker 5: Damn, that's a nice title. Crazy No, no making it crazy shit. I heard that'd be better. That'll be the name of the book. And I just tell stories of stuff I heard from people. It's like, it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy first start with this one. Are a good intention and.
Speaker 5: Well good attention. Check it out right now everywhere books are so thank you. Go get this, thank you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: No, I appreciate it, thank you so much, no problem, and there you go.
Speaker 2: Wallow wallow.
Speaker 3: I love him?
Speaker 1: Would you would you date him?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Why. I think that he gives uncle vibes.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's too old or he's just too corny, like what it gives.
Speaker 3: He gives uncle vibes.
Speaker 4: If I was like in my late thirties, I'd probably find him more attractive. Okay, just I have an issue with like age gaps.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I understand that.
Speaker 4: Actually, if we have to to get high school at the same time, whether I'm older than you or younger than you, I'd like that eight that's like a span of like four four years older than me, four years younger than me.
Speaker 3: I don't think that we have that much in common.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 1: So the oldest you would date right now? Is thirty four?
Speaker 2: Is that to old for you?
Speaker 3: What is young?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Thirty thirty? I think the oldest that I goes thirty six.
Speaker 1: Okay, that wouldn't have been in high school with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah whatever, Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, thirty six is her cap. So thirty six year olds. If you're out there listening, holler at diamond. Actually wait thirty six two? You're gonna say twenty.
Speaker 3: Six, twenty nine, twenty seven?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 3: Off?
Speaker 1: Give her take?
Speaker 3: What do people say? Plus or minus a little bit?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Thirty six max? Okay, with a pension for a one k something?
Speaker 1: Okay, these are important things. Let's talk about that older now, that's your thirty Oh my god, you're so old. I'm just kidding. By the way, your thirties best time of your life exactly. I say this personal experience thus far, it's been amazing.
Speaker 2: Well in your thirties.
Speaker 1: Your twenties are ghetto as fuck they were. Your thirties are amazing, especially if you're doing things like you're doing right now. You're not married, you don't have kids, and you're on a career path that you enjoy. Your thirties are your twenties. But with money, come on, get it, and you know yourself better. So when it comes to dating, you're gonna be a lot more I hope, discerning, and not deal with this shit that you don't want to deal with and just cut it off.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we'll see.
Speaker 3: I hope so.
Speaker 4: But I've been doing that for a while now, and I'm like, Okay, maybe you need to learn how to compromise and everything can't be a non negotiable.
Speaker 1: Sure, No, I absolutely agree with that, especially for you.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Blocks people.
Speaker 1: Diamond still has Scottie b blocked, by the way, for like a tiff that they had over basically congestion pricing in the year twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: It's been almost six months.
Speaker 4: I love it, okay, but that in my birthday card, by the way, No, he didn't wish I could follow you.
Speaker 1: There's so funny. She won't block you. It doesn't matter if she likes you and you guys are still working together and she's talking to you. She will block you on Instagram, which is hilarious. But let's talk about Diamond's interest in a person. What's important to you right now? Let's find you a hubby. Oh, I'm just kidding her.
Speaker 4: Maybe a boyfriend maybe, but it's somebody that I actually like that would be great to start.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you like though, Like, what would make you like someone I like?
Speaker 3: It's very weird.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to find the balance, right because I like people who are sure of themselves. But then sometimes you get like cocky and entitled from that. Like it's like really hard to find that middle ground. Someone who's ambitious. But I feel like at this point you should like also find a balance in that as well. Like you're getting into your thirties, you should have like been busting your ass for the past few years too, the same way that.
Speaker 1: I was tall expectations.
Speaker 3: The bar is so low.
Speaker 2: Bars in hell.
Speaker 1: It is horrible.
Speaker 4: Someone who's family oriented, because like I love my family. I spent a lot of time with my family. I can't imagine someone being like, do we have to go to your family? Like?
Speaker 3: Do we have to hang out with your family again? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: No, you know you need you know you need to find orphan so it can just be all your family all the time and not his family.
Speaker 4: Because I want you to be family oriented, but I don't want to split my like.
Speaker 2: My, no.
Speaker 1: What else, which is a very horrible thing to say, So don't DM me about it. I already know anyway.
Speaker 2: Okay, looks wise you like, I love a chupster. She likes, Yeah, I love. I feel like you need to advertise that more.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah, teddy bear?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think that like a chubby guy or a teddy bear, whatever you want to call them, probably doesn't feel super appreciated all the time and probably isn't as sought after on like dating apps, or maybe they're less sure of themselves for whatever reason. So you let them know she wants a chubby guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: All the chubby guys that I know, though, are very cocky, and I'm like, honey, let's calm it down.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's my question. There is a very thin line between confident and cocky. I think a lot of times that people who are cocky are actually very insecure, because if you are secure in yourself, you don't have to wander around telling everybody how great you are at everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But that's why I always shut it down too early, because like, once I realize that they're super insecure, and this is just like a defense mechanism basically, I'm like, I'll shut it down.
Speaker 3: You need to go talk to somebody and it's not me.
Speaker 1: I think that's a bad thing to shut down. I think. I mean again, I I'm not the queen of dating. I don't have all the best dating advice. Let me just start there. But I do think insecurity has ruined so many relationships for me because people are very insecure. But then if you are a secure person, there's kind of no worse combination. Oh, I feel like you can have two secure people together, you have two insecure people together, But you cannot have a secure person and an insecure person because you're both going to drive each other further in that direction. Yeah, because if you tell me, like I'm insecure about X, y Z, but I'm very confident about that area, there's a lot of compromise in there. I think maybe is a horrible thing for me to say.
Speaker 4: I don't know, especially as you get older, because I feel like you're setting your ways, Like people try to pretend as if you need to change for people, and like, I get it to a certain extent, it would be ideal, But I think that like, if I've been this way my.
Speaker 3: Entire life or let's just say the past ten years of my life. Why do I feel like I have to change for you?
Speaker 1: This is where ask your married friends, because I ask my married for insis all the time. We're just friends who are in relationships. That's kind of stuff all the time. Tell me the difference between compromising and settling, because everyone will tell you never settle. You don't want to settle, but everyone will also tell you you got to compromise. What the wug is a difference? I don't know what the difference is there. There has to be something, but both of them seem like, well, we're both gonna be kind of unhappy with Like what's going on here? I don't know. And I also think you shouldn't change too much about yourself. If you love yourself, you genuinely love yourself, and I think you do. Why would you stop being the person that you love for somebody else. I think you have to love yourself a lot before you can be in like a good relationship and have solid love with another person. Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Then I feel like sometimes I'm a little too strict. So it's like I'm gonna have to find a balance. It's so hard. I'll think about it next year.
Speaker 2: Can you do?
Speaker 1: Drop the hammer? Pretty quickly? He had one shoulder strap of his backpack just hanging off. Hate it, goodbye.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget that. I can see you right now, and I close my eyes. You said it, I can see it.
Speaker 3: I can see it. I listen.
Speaker 1: We all have our things, right. Oh, I don't even know what mine are anymore. I have no idea. I try not to be super harsh about it, because I'm sure that's other people. I'm like a carnival of red flags myself. So I mean, obviously those people are wrong and stupid, but I can see.
Speaker 2: It at least a little.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your birthday trip. Oh, you were gone on Friday.
Speaker 2: I hated it.
Speaker 1: You've gone all weekend and I hated it.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk to you about things. You're having a good time and I couldn't be nowt your back. I was sad. I told you I was sad, and I meant it. You, Dick, How was your trip? Was amazing?
Speaker 2: Where did you go?
Speaker 3: Okay? So I went to care Free Arizona.
Speaker 1: Literally because I have your location and I looked and you were in care Free Reson.
Speaker 3: Literally it's like maybe forty five minutes outside of Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 4: It was far enough out for you to feel like you were literally in the desert and away from the city.
Speaker 1: Oh you were in the desert.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, I mean very interesting.
Speaker 4: But it was also close enough for me to be like, we went to dinner in the city for like a birthday dinner and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But it was hot as hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, no joke, how hot it is out there. They're like breaking records this year for the most amount of days spent over one hundred degrees sick. Oh my god, I'm hot.
Speaker 3: I'm top talking about it. I am tired, okay.
Speaker 2: Like dehydrated.
Speaker 4: Yes, in liquid that was in my body before I got there is completely gone.
Speaker 3: Okay, I am a cactus.
Speaker 1: I need to see you stop drinking the coffee and start drinking more water.
Speaker 3: We had water. I've been drinking water because I felt like I had no choice.
Speaker 1: No, you got to drink water.
Speaker 4: And liquid ivs and like things to hydrate.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's just that heat.
Speaker 1: It'll take it out of you. So you had some birthday dinners by the way at Diamond Sincere on Instagram, you look beautiful and you're green outfit.
Speaker 2: What else did you do?
Speaker 1: You did? I'm so proud of you because you did a hike by yourself without your friends, yes, and a group of other people. That is so not like you.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 3: And I made a new bestia, Jillian.
Speaker 1: What's the lady's name that you ran off with on the trail? Jenna?
Speaker 3: Jenna, Jenna and Jillian.
Speaker 1: We got some j's going on, Okay, Jillian.
Speaker 4: From she was born in Jamaica. You know I love Jamaican people. Yeah, I'm fake Jamaican. Yes. She lives in La and we're actually she's like, we both were talking about coming back, like going back to the resort that we stayed at, and she's like, well, let me know when you come, Like I want to go, so like maybe we'll end up coming on the same week or weekend whatever. Hell yeah, she's so nice. I love when you make friends outside of your friends.
Speaker 1: It's so cute, right I listen, I told you I've really been struggling. I need to make friends outside of work. I have to. It's so hard, it really is, as a grown up trying to make friends, Like to tell you all this life stuff about me, And I have to tell you why this weird thing about me isn't that weird.
Speaker 2: It's actually just lovable.
Speaker 3: But lunatic.
Speaker 2: What did you see on the trail, Diamond.
Speaker 3: A rattle snake?
Speaker 1: A rattlesnake.
Speaker 2: In a month, you have seen bears.
Speaker 1: And a rattlesnake that was insane, and bison and all the other stuff that we saw in and elk and chipmunks and rabbits and you know whatever. But I think the scariest of all those is the rattlesnake.
Speaker 3: No, the bears.
Speaker 4: The rattlesnake, from what I was told, does not want to be bothered.
Speaker 3: Leave it alone.
Speaker 4: But also the tour guide that I was with felt like it was his fucking civic duty to get this damn snake away from the trail, which was very nice. But at the same time, we're all scared, like the hikers, We're scared. Yeah, And he's like fucking poking it with the stick, trying to get it off of the trail, and he's like, I know what I'm doing, guys.
Speaker 3: Whatever. I did trust him, and he's like a survival expert. He's so cool. I think you would be fascinated.
Speaker 2: Okay, but was cute.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, his name Adrian, very cute guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, but yeah he was very nice and like he got it out of the way and I lived to talk about it, but did it was very scary.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of you. And now let's talk about your rental car. Yeah, why did I see you putting luggage into a U haul?
Speaker 4: Well, first, I'd like to start by saying budget or Avis, I don't know which one of you is responsible for this. We'll go exped Expedia in there as well. Count your fucking days. Okay, because why would you let me rent a car and then close without calling and saying, hey, we see that you haven't picked up your car yet.
Speaker 3: We're about to close.
Speaker 4: R Thirty five minutes maybe an hour tops was between the pickup time and.
Speaker 3: The time that they closed. Why didn't you say anything?
Speaker 1: Had they said something, would you have been able to get there in time?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I would have can so you would have had a.
Speaker 1: Better plan, yes, versus renting, which I think is actually genius. I don't think I would have thought about.
Speaker 4: Hey listen, and it was cheaper than the car, so let's hope I get my money back because it would be great, but like, are you kidding me? And then first of all, like I said, one hundred and three degrees in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nowhere, absolutely not, it's a budget. And then there's a U haul place right next door.
Speaker 3: So I had to walk over.
Speaker 4: To the U haul, Like what were my options? Get a hotel room, put my stuff in the whole We were on our way to a football game. I was not missing that game, by the way.
Speaker 1: So you parked a U haul full of your luggage at the game, absolutely I should have taken it.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody has a picture of the actual U.
Speaker 3: Haul in the parking lot.
Speaker 4: But a guy, you know how like people direct you to where you need to park and stuff. We pull up and he's just looking at me like you idiot.
Speaker 3: Like you could just see it on his face.
Speaker 4: So I rolled down the window. I'm like, sir, is there anywhere that I could park this? I just need to go to the game, like whatever, And before before the words came out of his mouth, I had to stop him and I was like, be nice to me, please, I would never.
Speaker 3: Be nice to me.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no one wants to drive a U haul to a football game.
Speaker 3: I want you to understand that you.
Speaker 1: Have to know things happening.
Speaker 3: Please. I am desperate. I have had a horrible day and at that point was only one o'clock. I was like, please be nice to me. He was hysterical. Everybody in Arizona was really nice, by the way, So you.
Speaker 1: Parked your U haul, you had a good time. I'm so proud of you for so many reasons. Our baby girl is growing up. She is she is. This makes me so But I did really miss you, and I'm happy that you're back. And next time I'll.
Speaker 2: Probably go with you.
Speaker 3: You need to.
Speaker 1: I should have I should have done it this time. Okay, if people want to find you on Instagram, where they gonna find.
Speaker 3: You at Diamonds sincere?
Speaker 1: Yes, I am at Baby Hot Sauce. Diamond is still rocking Twitter too, right, I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: X Yeah, but I have no followers on there, so I mean you just go, yeah, I just yeah, follow me if you want to.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Do they still call it black Twitter or is it now black X?
Speaker 3: What Twitter?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: We're never gonna stop calling it twitter.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why the Twitter Forever's time trying to rebrand.
Speaker 2: Please stupid do.
Speaker 1: You want stupid? Okay, until next I say bye bye.