Speaker 1: The second date of day. Should you actually listen to what people write for hobbies on their dating profiles? Good question, because they all say they love hiking. And next thing you know, you're out on a mountain trail, face to face with a grizzly and you realize you forgot your bear mace next to your six pack of pineapple truly, and in your head you're thinking, well, maybe they're not really into hiking.
Speaker 2: Did you really forget the truly?
Speaker 1: Well, both of them? What was I think you're drunk? Yeah, and one of our listeners, Corey, picked an activity for his date based on her dating profile. Corey, no matter what you ended up doing, I hope that you didn't forget to bring the bear mace.
Speaker 3: You know I did not. I should have trust me. Well, not for her, but the bears.
Speaker 1: Okay, there was some sort of danger apparently on your data someone you could have massed. First. Before we get to that, tell us about the girl. What's her name?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Adrian?
Speaker 5: Okay, and Jeff had mentioned that you designed the date around one of her hobbies or interests on her profile?
Speaker 2: What did her profile say?
Speaker 3: Hold on for a see, let me let me, let me pull it up here. I didn't know you guys are going to ask me that. Yeah, like it says a good cologne and holding hands on my crypt tonight. Oh and then like she goes, I'll kick your butt on the dance floor.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, it's aggressive.
Speaker 1: And does I mean she danced better than you were? Literally fight you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Him, I think it sounds fun.
Speaker 3: So like I found a country bar that has dancing, not my specialty, but I'm like, I want to impress that's awesome ware to.
Speaker 6: Show interest in her hobbies.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So like we get there, I got us some drinks. I sit at the table with my beer, and before I could even get one word in, some older dude comes and say, hey, will you dance with me?
Speaker 2: Oh that's quick?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Is it a situation you line dancing or they're just out there dancing?
Speaker 3: They have both, so they'll start out with line dancing, then they'll go to swing. So at this time it was swing.
Speaker 6: And that's when you can rotate partners and stuff, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, really, dude, I'm trying to start a date here.
Speaker 3: So she looks at me and she goes, oh, well you snooze, you lose.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dang, that hurts that fight?
Speaker 8: Did you take it as rude like it could be?
Speaker 3: It was like playful, But the point is why even said and then she has a dancing to get up and leave.
Speaker 1: See that's when you need the bear mace. Anytime a guy comes over, just holds him down.
Speaker 6: The whole bar has to evacuate.
Speaker 1: You're the hero.
Speaker 2: So did you ever?
Speaker 5: I mean, your next move you had to go cut in, Like that's what you do, right, I'm glad.
Speaker 3: You said that. So I go by myself. I'm dancing every time I go to cut.
Speaker 1: In where you're dancing by yourself, I'm dancing by myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting ready to cut in. But guess what. I turned my head. I go back. They're like four or five people away from you.
Speaker 4: I can't cut in over there.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like dancing away from you, like trying to avoid you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was her him, I don't know, if it was both of them, I don't know. But to me, I think it was obvious that I was trying to cut in like two three different occasions. So eventually the music just stopped. But I'm like, are you serious? Right now.
Speaker 5: Oh man, So wait, so the music stopped and then you guys met back up or is she still hanging.
Speaker 3: Out with the Yeah, so we met back up. I didn't want to appear desperate, so I was like, no, I'm cool, you know, let's just take a break.
Speaker 6: So okay, okay, I don't know. You didn't get to dance at all.
Speaker 3: No, I mean we dance a little bit, but you know, it was the tail end because I had like a long day tomorrow, like the next day. I should say, oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But the date went well, it was cool.
Speaker 3: We had good dialogs, so it was all right.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the question is who was the better dancer, you or the older guy who got your date first?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 2: The older guy?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it seems like a regular yeah at those bars, like these people come and they'll come every week and they dance with everybody and it's not a date thing.
Speaker 2: It's like just dancing.
Speaker 1: Whose cologne was better?
Speaker 6: In the cologne the older guy probably smells musty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got the expensive stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Mine was pretty good, though.
Speaker 6: I don't know I got.
Speaker 8: Close enough to the guy, you know.
Speaker 6: Her, maybe she did smell your cologne.
Speaker 8: I mean either, did you enjoy the night with her at all?
Speaker 3: Honestly?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a good evening. I mean, it could have been a great evening, but being that I didn't have my bear mace and you know, and that it wasn't the best, so you know, it was okay.
Speaker 6: Okay, your whole night wasn't ruined.
Speaker 3: It wasn't ruined ruined. I should say we we hugged at the end, you know, a little little kiss on the cheek, nothing real serious, okay, but I mean, heck, it could have been a whole heck of a lot better.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because you know, chemistry on the dance floor that is, that's a different type of chemistry.
Speaker 6: It's awesome if you can really click.
Speaker 3: And that's my whole point exactly.
Speaker 1: Have you been trying to contact her since then, like with text or calls or anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reached out with one call and a couple of checks. Has been like a about a week. I'm going on a week and a half now, But she's been doing the emoji stuff. You know, if I say something she'll like, oh I like it, But nothing like further than the dialogue. So we can talk and see, we can hang out again.
Speaker 2: Interesting, okay, just a pity reaction.
Speaker 6: You were ignoring her, but she was having too much fun.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out. We're gonna give you a chance to go put on some more minions cologned by Justin Bieber, and then when you come back, we're gonna call it. Should be we're gonna do here. A second date update right after this hold on man update, Corey's day night with Adrian had everything a first date should, cold beer, warm hugs, good dancing. The problem is not all that happened with Corey because some other older guy at the bar, possibly a regular there, asked to dance with his date, and Corey obliged, which is probably the worst mistake of his entire dating life.
Speaker 5: It didn't sound like he actually had a decision in it, nor should he have a choice, But it sounds like she just.
Speaker 1: Men shouldn't be allowed to choose anything good, point broke, I mean they.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't choose what women decided to do.
Speaker 8: Sure, yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: True, Corey. How are you feeling right now after that intro? You want to hit me?
Speaker 7: No, I mean that's pretty much it. And I didn't have a face so it was like she said, I snooze, I'll lose.
Speaker 3: I tell you what, though, if it was in any other circumstances, I know it would have been different.
Speaker 6: Okay, it would have been a different out.
Speaker 2: Are you wishing that you didn't go dancing? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I probably would have chose something different looking back now, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: Hobby would you have chosen off of your dating profile to do?
Speaker 3: Totally would have went indoor put golfing?
Speaker 2: Okay, different too.
Speaker 5: Okay, you can't be can't have a man swoop in on your date during put putt.
Speaker 3: Don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe a little boy would come swoop, but that's when you bust out the bears. I'm not dumb with whole seventeen yet.
Speaker 8: Kid.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're doing the clown move very right now, very aggressive to this Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: So maybe we'll offer that for your next date if we can get Adrian on the phone. Here, I'm gonna dial her number and see what she has to say. Ready to do this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go right? Hello, Hey is this Adrian?
Speaker 4: This is she?
Speaker 1: Who is Hey Adrian? My name is Jeff from a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm really I'm just kind of confused if you're on a radio wire calling me.
Speaker 1: Well, one of our listeners asked us to call you because you went on a date with him the other night. His name's Corey.
Speaker 4: Wait, Corey asked you to call me because he went on a date.
Speaker 2: His behalf because he really liked you.
Speaker 1: He's bummed because he's been trying to text you and you haven't really been responding back to him much.
Speaker 4: Iris wanted to him a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it sounded like a courtesy response.
Speaker 6: You guys weren't like talking back and forth and having fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, what'd you think of Corey?
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not going to get into it, but I just I mean, I don't think I'm really interested, Like, I don't think it's gonna work out. Wow.
Speaker 5: Well, when you guys first met up, was it like initially you knew that or did it take a minute for you to say no, I.
Speaker 4: Don't just don't think it's a good fit.
Speaker 10: But I mean, okay, Like why, well, so, like I feel like when we met on a dating app, and I feel like I make my dating app very clear.
Speaker 4: That like, I'm looking for a real.
Speaker 10: Man and I don't really think they exist anymore.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? What's your definition of a real man?
Speaker 4: I'm looking for somebody that like, we're as good covone and have his stuff together and we'll stand up for his woman like a real man.
Speaker 5: You want someone to fight for you, Well, I mean, like, did we stand up?
Speaker 4: You know, don't let anybody say anything to the person that you're with, Like, you got to stand up for your woman.
Speaker 2: That I did. Someone insult you that night and he didn't, Like, I don't get it.
Speaker 6: I'd be bad.
Speaker 4: All right. Well, I'm just gonna be honest, and we're putting this all out there. So I do this thing sometimes on dates and I have my uncle show up and he'll like come and ask to talk to me or something like that.
Speaker 6: Oh it was he the older guy that we heard about.
Speaker 1: We heard we heard a guy came up to the table and asked you to dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much less sexy.
Speaker 4: Is Yeah, that was actually my uncle doing it right at the country bar.
Speaker 1: He brooks, all too familiar with that movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what is he supposed to do? Like a guy comes up and asks you to dance.
Speaker 2: You say yes.
Speaker 8: You wanted Corey to step in and be like, dus my woman, Like I don't.
Speaker 1: Get it like a real man, right.
Speaker 4: I want someone that can like defend me and speak up and like not be a great a commentation, like.
Speaker 5: What did you need defending from? Though it sounds like the guy just want your uncle wanted to dance.
Speaker 6: You told him something right, like he snooze you lose or something.
Speaker 8: What's the defense?
Speaker 4: Well, I waited a second to see what he was going to do, and he didn't do anything. He just like looked at me, and so I was like, okay, well and then I like joking he said, well, I wouldn't dance with him because he literally didn't do anything. He didn't say anything.
Speaker 5: He like looked at me, like you should have gone to a club with this test, not like a country's defense.
Speaker 1: He didn't do nothing. He went and danced by himself in your vicinity. That's something, Oh.
Speaker 4: Man, Look, if you were there, then I think you would get it. Like he had the opportunity to step up and say I'm here with her, Jesus me, we're together like anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, it's not.
Speaker 8: Something you could have said.
Speaker 2: You couldn't have said him on a date, Adrian.
Speaker 1: I get you didn't think he was very manly then, but how's this for a man? Because he Corey reached out to a radio show to call you on his behalf and ask for him why you're not going out on another and mister masculine is on the other line wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Really, I mean, I had no idea if that man.
Speaker 7: Now that I know what your uncle knew, that Willie Nelson, Rascal Flats and Brooks and duns in the back, I've never been there before. I don't know what's going on. Boot Scoop Fuggy.
Speaker 1: I was ring.
Speaker 3: That's so wrong.
Speaker 7: Shippy's not dead with me, but come on, I'm respecting your boundary.
Speaker 3: I just met you.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to be a jerk and be like, hey, that's my cave man style.
Speaker 4: Yea, it's not even you know. I'm not asking to be a cave and I'm just looking for somebody that can step up and say to somebody knows she's with me, like I don't need to.
Speaker 1: Corey, you gotta be more assertive when.
Speaker 7: Hey, I tell you what under different circumstances.
Speaker 3: I have no problem with that.
Speaker 7: I was just totally respecting you from top to bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, she doesn't want that. She doesn't want respect.
Speaker 8: Like unhealthy jealousy. It sounds like to me.
Speaker 7: Right, let me tell you this is miscommunication, That's all it is. I was not want to be a creeper, come to your job, come to your house. I got too much respect for you. I think under different circumstances.
Speaker 3: You and I can jail.
Speaker 7: I'm willing to put forth that effort.
Speaker 9: You have two completely different opinions on this. She wants you to step in, But if you, if you were a date with a girl like brook, Brook would think that's obnoxious. Like, dude, let me make my own descision.
Speaker 8: I think i'd step in.
Speaker 5: I think what happened, Adrian is if you want someone to not let you, like if you don't want to dance with other men, you needed to have told Corey as you're walking into the place, like, Hey, if someone approaches me, will you just tell him that we're on a date, Like why why couldn't you communicate that to him?
Speaker 4: Show me who he is, like I'm not trying to change him, And honestly, Corey, if you want me to think differently, if you want me to think okay, it was just a circumstance, like you're gonna step up somewhere else and you need to prove it right now. You need to show me like how much of the man you are, because that's what I want.
Speaker 1: I want to Okay, this is your chance.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna what are we gonna do?
Speaker 1: Throw your man card down right now?
Speaker 3: Three discussing on the radio. We'll talk about this between you and I.
Speaker 1: I'm good he's gonna find you because he already looked up your home address and your work address, but respected you enough not to go there. Now he's actually gonna show up, so we don't.
Speaker 2: Get to hear it. Is that what she wants? Is that what you want?
Speaker 4: I just asked him to like prove to me just now, and he's like, oh yeah, another time, another place, Like I just feel like he's all talk.
Speaker 8: What do you want him to do?
Speaker 1: You want him to do it right now? Corey? You got to prove yourself.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: What's something you.
Speaker 3: Want me to sing? You?
Speaker 5: A song?
Speaker 3: You want me to rap?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 6: Got?
Speaker 3: Her name was a Oh she left me on her dance.
Speaker 1: Floor at me, and it sounds like kind of a whiny song. Come on, look, Adrian, he's trying. He is trying as hard as he can here to get another date with you. Why don't you just give him one more shot and we would pay for it.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I just really I think what Corey, I think that you're a really nice guy.
Speaker 1: You don't want to see a masa kid at a golf He would do that for you?
Speaker 4: Said, Oh man, I think I'm just gonna have to pass on.
Speaker 6: To step up as tell her what she wants.
Speaker 2: There's so much masculinity in this room.
Speaker 8: Okay, she brings her uncle on dates.
Speaker 2: I don't think you really want another date, Corey?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Not now? I mean too bad she had to pass because Corey was trying to chap Ben.
Speaker 1: Trying to be the man that she wanted to be.
Speaker 2: Looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: We kind of got locked up in the minutia of manliness as one does.
Speaker 11: As she is is so locked up in it's so focused on that that we didn't really get to the point that Alexis brought up, which was a good point that she has her uncle go out on dates with her to test out how manly her guys are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a odd, and he still wanted to go out with her.
Speaker 6: I know, yeah, I concern it all.
Speaker 8: Did you dance with her uncle?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Probably very hot?
Speaker 1: Well, and as soon as somebody questions your manliness, that's all that matters. You have to prove that you are.
Speaker 6: A man masculinity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, when your uncle is the manliest man, you.
Speaker 1: Know, it might be a good strategy. Alexis, in the same spirit, would you be willing to have Jose tag along on your next romantic encounter just to prove how manly he really is?
Speaker 6: I will show up with a lot.
Speaker 1: More manly than Yes, out manly Jose. Can they do it?
Speaker 6: I don't think I.
Speaker 2: Think I can do it.
Speaker 11: I'm just saying we'll keep you updated on Alexis's dating life.
Speaker 1: But test into seven eighty five nine too. If you ever have a person you want us to call, we'll call that person who wasn't calling you back Brook
Speaker 2: And Jeffrey in the morning,