Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty.
Speaker 3: I'm strong and Gatty and he I'm strong and Edty.
Speaker 4: She wants reunification. He has said this time and time again. He's claimed that it is unstoppable. And look, this has been the position since the inception of the Chinese Communist Party, but it has become an obsession under She he wants the US to stop selling arms, to change his posture, and to reduce.
Speaker 3: Its support of Taiwan. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the scary news so far in the big summit between Trump and President g She the leader of the two biggest economies in the world, the two leaders meeting is that man there right away on Taiwan. And as you just heard in that report there from CBS News, it has become an obsession of his that Taiwan, the independent country off the coast of China, become part of China. President she believes it is part of China and should become a full on part of China. Our position is currently no, you ain't, but President, she said to Trump yesterday. If handled poorly, it could lead to conflict in an extremely dangerous situation. I've seen no reporting on how Trump replied to that. Basically a threat from President She about don't get in our way if we decide to take Taiwan. So we got that on a little more of the optimistic side. This is just out from the White House. The two sides agreed that the strait of horror moves in Iran must remain open to support the free flow of energy.
Speaker 3: That's good that President She said.
Speaker 5: That also made clear that China's opposition to the militarization of the strait or any effort to charge a toll or anything like that. And both countries agreed Iran can never have a nuclear weapon. And I hope President She means those things. Sometimes he doesn't. Joining us now to discuss all of this. Gordon Chang, we've had on the show many times over the years of author and columnist, written a whole bunch of different great books that we've talked to him about. He's a columnist at the Daily Beast. You can follow him on Twitter at at Gordon g.
Speaker 3: Chang.
Speaker 5: Mister Chang, welcome to the Armstrong and Getty Show. Appreciate you being here.
Speaker 1: Oh well, thank you so much. Jack, So, was that.
Speaker 3: A threat from President She on the whole Taiwan thing.
Speaker 1: Sure it was, and President Trump has responded. We've been told by a White House official speaking off the record, that there will be no change in US policy, which is good. Now, i'd like President Trump to publicly say, look, we're not changing our policy. Actually i'd like him to say we're defending Taiwan, because I think at some point we're going to need to do that. But saj thing has just been huffing and puffing, and I think President Trump knows it and he's just not feeling and Trump is feeling well, there's no point in actually opposing him publicly. But the US will not change its position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's damned interesting.
Speaker 5: I mean because the readout after their first talks, the Communist Party's readout was basically She's threat to Trump, with no indication of how Trump responded the White House. Initial White House readout didn't mention the Taiwan thing at all. It just talked about, you know, business relations. So that's interesting that you have an update on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's and you can you know a lot of people, and there's a whole industry of people who will blame Trump for things he has not done, and this is one of them where people are really worried that Trump will sell out Taiwan. Now he hasn't done it yet and I don't think he'll do it, and if he does it, we'll criticize him then for it. But until he does it, people should just sort of calm down a little bit. And I think it's important for us to give the president some credit here.
Speaker 3: Well. I don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know what Trump's true thoughts on this, but I don't know that Kamala Harris would have defended Taiwan if you're president or Joe Biden or Barack Obama. I mean, so it's always been kind of an open question would we actually go to war with China to defend Taiwan if it came down to it.
Speaker 3: So I don't know where we.
Speaker 1: Are, yeah, well, and we also don't know where we are as Americans because we had to go back to nineteen fifty where Dean Ashison, who was Secretary of State at the time, publicly drew America's western defense perimeter that did not include South Korea. So that encouraged Kim olsungga North Korea to invade the South and what did Truman do. President Truman immediately say troops to defend South Korea. So we don't even know our own mind, but I believe that we would defend Taiwan because if we didn't, it would be catastrophic.
Speaker 3: That's what I want to ask you about.
Speaker 5: Explain to people why that would be a big deal if China was able to make Taiwan part of China in the same way that they did Hong Kong, Okay.
Speaker 1: First of all, Taiwan makes ninety two percent of the world's most sophisticated semiconductors, so forget about the future with involving microchips. But also, after the catastrophic which all from Afghanistan, Taiwan has become the test of American credibility and resolve around the world. China, which has been attacking democracies, we cannot allow them to absorb any democracy, especially one as important as Taiwan, because the propaganda would be malicious that the United States was no longer a world power. And also, since the eighteen hundreds, Americans have drawn our western defense perimeter off the coast of East Asia. Taiwan sits in the center of that critical line. It protects our allies Philippines in Japan. We would not be a world power if we allowed China to take Taiwan, and this would be just shameful. Forget about these strategic implications. It would just be shameful if we allowed that to happen.
Speaker 3: I agree with all that.
Speaker 5: And we're all seeing what the Strait of Hormuz has done to the world economy, and China controlling all the shipping lanes of that part of the world would make that look like nothing.
Speaker 1: Yes, and prison Trump deserves a lot of credit because just on April thirteenth, the Pentagon announced a defense pack with Indonesia. The Indonesian island of Sumatra is the southern end of the Strait of Malacca, which is far more important than the Strait of Hormuz to world commerce. So Trump is thinking about these things in a very determined way. So here again give him credit.
Speaker 3: So this is new from the White House.
Speaker 5: As I mentioned a little bit ago, wondered what your take on this isn't and this is good news that President she agreed that the straight of Horror moves, that's the Strait. With the war in Iran, we've been following must remain open. They don't get to charge tolls, all that sort of stuff. And he agreed Iran can never have a nuke.
Speaker 1: That's all good news, right, well mostly, And the reason is we need to keep the straight of Foremos closed until the Iranians actually give up their nuclear program and their ballistic missiles. And this puts a lot of pressure on China, which we need not only for Iran but for other things. And you know, it's up to us. This is a fault not just of Trump, but of all his predecessors, going back to Clinton. Actually even before that, Iran has a nuclear weapons program because the Chinese planted theirs on Iranian soil. They did that by direct transfers of equipment, material and technology, but they also did it indirectly through the aq Con black market network of Pakistan. So, you know, a lot of people blame Trump for this war. Trump knows this. He needs to say it in public that there's a war because China made this war virtually inevitable.
Speaker 3: That's really interesting.
Speaker 5: I was struck yesterday watching the Leader's meet and all the kids dance around and everything like that under the watchful eye of a giant portrait of Chairman Mao that is there in the square. I can't believe that's not more remarked upon about the fact that you have this enormous poster painting whatever it is, of Chairman Mouth, the guy responsible for more deaths than maybe anyone in human history.
Speaker 1: So you're right about that. Mao is responsible for more death than any other figure in history, more than Hitler, more than Stalin, more than Gengha's Khan. It's just Mao's death toll is enormous. We don't know exactly what it was, but from a number of events, especially the famine following the Great Leap Forward at the end of the nineteen fifties in the beginning of the nineteen sixties was horrific. Mao should have known or knew what was happening, but allowed the famine to continue. And this is something that the United States needs to talk about. You know, the Communist Party maliciously hits us every day with propaganda, except for the two weeks around a visit of an American leader to China or vice versa. But apart from that, you get malicious propaganda every day, and the United States needs to hit back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would like some sort of statement about that. There's a cognitive dissonance thing going on in my brain that we can have Elon Musk and all these people in Trump everyone were all smile and holding the hands, and the kids are the dancing around, and you got the most evil person in world history looking down on it. Seems like somebody ought to throw out by the way, that system is currently in place, and that's evil.
Speaker 3: But I guess nobody wants to upset the apple cart.
Speaker 1: Right, and that system has declared the United States to be its enemy. And we need to say that we ignored Osama Bin Laden, we're ignoring the Chinese. Both believe that they must destroy the United States. Fortunately we killed Osama Bin Laden, but China is still in a position to do that.
Speaker 5: Gordon Chang, thanks for joining us today on short notice. I know you're super busy. Everybody wants to hear from you. Find him on Twitter at least at Gordon G. Chang or writing his column for The Daily Beast. Thanks for your time today. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, thank you, Jack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got another comment about that, but first I want to tell you about rough greens for your dog. Maybe I'll ask Katie Katie Katie, the news lady who's gonna call in a little later in the show with a special announcement, and she's got to keep little dog how her dog is like in the rough Greens, which is something you sprinkle on top of your current dog's food to give your dog the very best life possible. Dogfood is dead food, has no live nutrition. Roughgreens has live stuff in it, live probiotics, enzymesmego oils, and over twenty vitamins and minerals. It's America's number one dog supplement, all natural, made in the United States, and you can try it for nothing. Just cover the shipping. Go to Roughgreens dot com. You can get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. You just cover the shipping. Use the discount code Armstrong. That's are you ffgreens dot com discount code Armstrong. Roughgreens dot Com discount code Armstrong. Make any dog food better with Roughgreens. Uh yeah, we've never had so we could call out the Soviet Union for being bad, although we didn't always. When when Reagan back in the eighties said, you know, called the Soviet Union an evil empire, A lot of people you can't say that that's revocative or whatever. So we didn't even very often with the Soviet Union point out loud how awful they were, and we weren't nearly as economically intertwined or dependent. I looked this up before the show today, because I'm that sort of statistic geek. The Soviet Union had about a third of our economic power. We were the number one economy throughout the Cold War. They had about a third of our economic power. China is about seventy five percent of our economic power, and in some ways of measuring they're equal to us. So it's a completely different ballgame. So I guess that's why business leaders, including our president, aren't gonna call them an evil empire. But when you got Chairman Mao staring down over everybody as the leading killer of humans in human history, that is really weird that nobody says anything out loud about that. Not I mean, why doesn't the CBS Evening News say that. By the way, there's as you can see in the background, there's Chairman Mao responsible for the deaths of thirty to fifty million people.
Speaker 3: Why why does nobody say that out loud? Isn't that weird?
Speaker 5: I have assumed that if you were in Munich and he had a giant Hitler poster.
Speaker 3: Somebody would say.
Speaker 5: Something, I don't know you had any thoughts on that text line four one five two nine five kftc.
Speaker 6: Oh when people are talking about this, the President just started his latest renovation project, painting the Lincoln Memorial reflecting pool, American flag blue during the Rose Garden, remodeled the ballroom and a new pool. And pretty sure Trump's trying to flip the White House.
Speaker 3: That's a funny joke. It's a pretty funny joke. I don't remember. I was just in DC last summer with the kids.
Speaker 2: Was it.
Speaker 5: What color was the reflecting pool? I think it was just kind of cement colored on the bottom. Anyway, kind of a cool idea. What's your second favorite joke? Mine, what's the second funniest joke you got? We got a bunch of jokes. The democrat mayor of an La suburb admitted to being a Chinese agent, and already Eric Swalwell is trying to ROOPI her.
Speaker 3: I like that joke.
Speaker 5: This just came across you know how much time. Maybe we'll get into details on it later. You Cela Medical School accused of racial discrimination and defiance of the Supreme Court. Supreme Court made a ruling a couple of years ago, you can't choose people based on race. That's racism. That's racism. Well, you CLA medical school, one of the most prestigious schools to learn how to be a doctor in the whole country, apparently is still doing that, and the Department of Justice is going after him. Look at this example, and they've got the data to back it up, and the DOJ's findings. Black and Hispanic students were admitted into medical school some years with their MCAT scores. The MCAT is the tests you take to get into medical You take the l SAT to get into lawyer school, you take the m CAT to get into medical school. I took the can you fog the mirror test to get into the colleges I went into.
Speaker 3: But anyway, they admitted.
Speaker 5: Black and Hispanic students sometimes with scores in the sixty sixth to seventy second percentile, while not letting in Asian and white students who had scores over eighty percent. So you're saying, sorry, Asian kid, that's got a you're in the ninetieth percentile. You can't graduate from UCLA medical school. But yes, you black or Hispanic kid with sixty sixth percentile, that's getting way down there.
Speaker 3: You can get agno medical school. What kind of freaking crazy theory is that.
Speaker 5: You're one of the most predigious, prestigious medical schools in the world.
Speaker 3: Don't you want the best candidates regardless?
Speaker 5: I just I don't. I can't get in the head of these people. You think you're righting the wrongs of history by sending less good doctors out there with your credentials.
Speaker 3: Attached to them. It just seems nuts to me.
Speaker 5: It's so incredibly unfair and just it's shooting yourself in the foot in so many different ways. Anyway, that's still going on, and I'm sure we'll get more details about that as the Justice Department pursues that.
Speaker 3: It's just so nuts.
Speaker 5: I do want to get into the story of whether or not in California prisons they are giving prisoners iPads paid for by the taxpayer. In fact, they got them new iPads because they were these poor prisoners still had iPads from twenty eighteen. And you can't have some prisoner in there with a seven year old iPad. That'd be unfair. I have a seven year old iPad AnyWho. We bought them brand new iPads at a cost of like twice what you'd pay it best buy. But they have access to porn and all kinds of different stuff, was the story. Gavin Newsom pushing back on that story hard, and then the pushback on the pushback has been pretty hard. So if we have time to jam that in a little bit later we will. Coming up, We're going to talk to Mike Lyons, our favorite military analyst, about where things are with the war in Iran kind of on the back burner a little as Trump is in China.
Speaker 3: Trump's not in.
Speaker 5: China long though he flies back tomorrow, and we'll still be stuck in the same spot where we were before, where it looks like to Joe and I, the only way to change the status quo is a serious military hit back to bombing. And that's what I want to ask Mike Lions about us. Want to ask Mike about that report from the New York Times that came out. Iran's got a heck of a lot of rockets and a lot of rocket launchers left a lot more than we've ought.
Speaker 3: What's to deal with that?
Speaker 5: So all that stuff we will get to throughout the show, and a special announcement from Katie Green Katie Katie the news lady in our four that you're gonna want to stick around for. If you miss it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 2: Demand Armstrong and Geddy.
Speaker 5: So there is a bit of a breaking, big news story around Trump's visit to Beijing. As President She of China has pushed this Taiwan thing more and harder than I think anybody was expecting, like over and over again, each time they sit down to meet or like, no matter whatever topic we bring up, she goes back to Taiwan being a really big deal and very important to him, and Taiwan belongs to us, and over and over again. And I think that's interesting. We're getting more reporting on that. Give you this version from the New York Post before we get to Mike Lyons, because I want to ask him about this, and a bunch of other stuff. A very different story began to emerge behind closed doors after President she continually pressed the issue of Taiwan. The mid morning sit down ran long, about forty minutes over its scheduled time. Trump was notably quieter. At the next stop. He ignored shouted questions. The bodied language of both presidents was noticeably stiffer than it was earlier, as in there had been some you know, confrontation, and they had reached a point of things being uncomfortable around this issue, and their people are putting out very strong language about it, and we're reiterating that Taiwan is a free nation and we support them anyway. It's kind of a surprise in the whole thing. We'd like to welcome to the show, Mike Liones. We love talking to Mike about anything militarily. You can follow him at a jay is in Major m a J. Mike Lyons on his Twitter feed. He just had an op ed Indefense dot Com about ai in our relationship with China, which we'll talk about a little bit. But hey, Mike, what do you think about this hardcore push from President she about how we're taking Taiwan someday and don't get no way or there will be a war.
Speaker 3: That's basically what he said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, I saw that report that comes from you know, kind of an old Greek model about kind of rising powers and existing powers, and the bottom line is that could ruin everything between the US and China. That seems to be their their hard line. I think I think President She is trying to understand Donald Trump's language of leverage, and I think that's what he's trying to use as leverage back to everything that the President wanted and wants to accomplish in the summit. He brought all the CEOs. He's bringing all this with his perceived leverage into the equation, and I think President She is just trying to you know, pivot that way. And they see them as this rising power and he recognizes the US as a ruling power, and to frame it the way he has means that potentially war could be inevitable if if we decide to involve ourselves with it. We've just sold them billions of dollars and ten or twelve billion dollars worth of military equipment. But she is pretty serious about making this whole thing as a very hands off operation.
Speaker 3: Where's the reality on this?
Speaker 5: Just as a like an outside observer, it seems to me that China's way got the upper hand just because of the proximity. If they decided to take Taiwan, it would be really hard for.
Speaker 3: Us to stop them.
Speaker 2: It would it would require us forces firing missiles into mainland China, which would then start this war. That's the only way you could you could possibly stop this and you know, to keep them from taking it. And I think right now our mentality has been well, besides strategic ambiguity about it, it's this kind of poork Pine effect. Just give Taiwan enough equipment that it would make the cost of taking it militarily so high, you know, similar to what we thought would have happened in Ukraine. The cost of it was too high. It didn't stop the Russians there, you know. Again, for China to be a global power though in this century, and we're all convincing ourselves that China is the rising power and the US is the falling power, I just don't buy that yet requorder of the way into the century and China has still yet flexed any kind of military muscle or any kind of military might in that regard. Now, this would be, like anything else, would be considered an easier military operation to your point, because of proximity, but it could start a very large conflict in the region that that. Frankly, I'm not sure the US would give up potentially a West Coast city for if they decided to fire a nuclear weapon at It's based on what we're doing, man, and it is.
Speaker 5: The headlines everywhere that I'm looking that Taiwan emerges as key topic and all that sort of thing where we were kind of hoping to make it a backburner topic. But uh, that's not the way things have turned out. Okay, Well, I'm glad I got to ask you all about that. So you've got this piece at defense dot com about AI and how the next summit between China and the United States should be a cooperational very AI. I can talk about AI all day long. I don't know if you've heard where of this, but I read all the books, I listen to all the podcasts. I'm fascinated by the topic. What's your take on it from a military standpoint?
Speaker 2: Well, I think, you know, I put my Cold War you know hat on again and look back and say, you know, AI is a potential nuclear weapon that can destroy the Earth if we let it involved with targeting and if we let it make decisions. Think of you know, the terminator. And it's not a joke anymore. I Mean, we're we're operating a war right now at scale with AI in terms of our targeting and the closing the kill chain, the time in between we recognize the target and then can engage that target. And we've got to get with China to create someone like another salt treaty, a strategic arms limitation treat you treat it like it's a nuclear weapon. Get them in US to agree to a certain lines about where AI is used in specifically the offense. You know, it's one thing to use AI techniques in the defense, as Israel does with it's Iron Dome. Iron Dome is fundamentally AI driven. A rockets coming at Israel and the computer decides whether or not to engage that rocket or not. It's not a human pulling the trigger. Well, if you had that on the offense, that just creates a whole different set of variables that you might not be able to ever stop. So you can get what's instead of having mutually assured destruction, which is a strategic to terms for nuclear weapons, you could have, you know, mutually automated destruction, where once it starts, both sides would be completely destroyed just based on automation alone. So we've got to sit down with them very quickly and get both sides to agree on certain red lines when it comes to the military use of artificial intelligence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, of course, you know the wild card is if it goes to artificial general intelligence or super general intelligence, that you know, there might not be any controlling AI at all by anyone. So that's yeah, that's out there as a possibility. I'm glad you're taking it this seriously. I feel like it's that big a deal too, and it just doesn't getting enough talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think a lot of it just has to do with the decisions are being made in corporate America by the AI companies and what they're going to do and what they're not going to do. When it comes to giving our government, I think that the US or Congress has got to get involved. If there's a uniform code, similar to way the President conducts covert operations, we need to put a US code in place that says this is how we're going to use artificial intelligence, and this is how the military will use it, and codify it in law, and then show that to the Chinese's similar to what we did the Russians, get them to agree on doing it in their side and with their military, and again at least we don't have it in the offense. It's one thing for the defense. I think in the defense, artificial intelligence is a game changer in some ways and it protects you. But doing it in the offense is really where the red line has to be drawn.
Speaker 5: If you're interested in this topic. Mike's got a piece at defense dot com. So we got to talk about Iran. Obviously wor at war with that country, and we seem to be stuck. They they think they can wait us out, we think we can wait them out. And then there is that a new story that came out. It was anonymous quotes from our intelligence, but it seemed pretty well sourced that Iran has way more rockets and missiles and rocket launchers left than we were led to believe.
Speaker 3: First of all, do you believe that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't. They'll take You're right they have. I mean again, it's all it's not even just the rockets themselves, it's all of the systems together, and they just can't scale it on any level anymore. It's one thing, you know, to launch a rocket, it is not just you know, pointing and shooting. At this point, you have to have radars, you have to have fire direction, all the different components of it are destroyed. So it's it's you know, it's like having you know, empty weapons. If they have, then they I'm sure they have you know, fifty to one hundred or so maybe if the fact that they started with ten thousand, they started with a large amount, but at scale they just can't deploy them, is really what's going on here. So I don't believe any of that at all. I think I think the wit out period that you know, the president is trying to be as diplomatic as possible, and those of us in the military are like, let's go, come on, let's finish this off. I mean, every single analyst you see on television right now, that's what they're saying. And I think that's would be the most you know, viable, quickly, quick way to end this thing. But you know, the President wants to stick to the di plomacy right now, So that's what we're going to.
Speaker 5: Do well, And I think MBS of Saudi Arabia would agree with you, and MBZ at the u over there at the UAE would agree with you.
Speaker 3: So do you expect that to happen? That's what I expect to happen.
Speaker 2: I do. I think they can't risk leaving Iran weak but still able to move forward, and that's you know, that does mean regime change. And never seen this historically happen, you know from the air in that regard. But they're looking for the country to internally collapse economically. But we can't leave them in a situation where in twenty years they're back doing it to you know, another different population, and that's still threatening the Middle East. And this president again is taking care of all family business. I think that he's not finishing. He says it all the time. He says, it's more important that we take care of the nuclear aspect here, and so I'm glad to see him do it. It's long overdue.
Speaker 3: Seems like there's a lot of flash points out there right now.
Speaker 2: Different yeah, no, in different spots. It's still they can still happen in the Pacific, in any of those straits that are there. Venezuela looks like that's going well. You know, Trump's talking about making them a fifty first state. I think Cuba will get resolved once Iran does. But I think again, the major one is in the Middle East, and you know, there's no proxy force that's been out there for Iran. Right now, we haven't seen terrorist attacks. Could be the calm before the storm. We'll see. Maybe Trump's try to get China to intervene. I don't think. I don't think there's a lot of people that are not happy with Pakistan being the mediators. They're not Trump, They're not independence here. They're on the side of Iran. And I think you Sultn'ty Graham go go kind of crazy over that at a Senate hearing the other day. Maybe China is going to get involved. Trump's doing every camp but I think he's very Machubilian. He's treating China, he's flattering them, he's doing all he can, but he's also brought the hammer. He's not looking to be loved. He still wants to be feared by them.
Speaker 3: That's Mike Lyons.
Speaker 5: You can read his AI piece the next Summit that Trump should have at defense dot com. You can follow him at m Aj Mike Lyons on Twitter. Thanks for your time today, Mike.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that.
Speaker 2: YEA, yeah, thanks for me?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 5: Oh reeldefense dot com? Sorry, is just under lend defense dot com. Cleardefense dot com realclear defense dot com. What is the actual title.
Speaker 3: Here, Michael?
Speaker 5: Okay, why is it only interlined at defense dot com? Okay, it's realclear defense dot com. Sorry about that. I got another comment about that, But first I got to tell you this about incogny, which is just really, really a good idea.
Speaker 3: I hate the fact that.
Speaker 5: Every time I have to give somebody my name, address, phone number, whatever, then they have that information and they sell it to somebody. Then everybody has it, or sometimes they steal it, and then I get all these texts and emails, and sometimes there are people trying to steal from and I hate the whole thing. You needed cognity. That's what we do in COGNI. They actually go to the data brokers because they know who they are, and they use the laws that already exist and force these people to take your information off there. And you're going to notice a drop in spam, texts, emails, and calls right away, protecting you from all this stuff, real digital threats. They can't scam you if they can't find you take your personal data back within Cognitate. That's I n cog n I. That's how it's spelled. Get sixty percent off the regular price when you use the code armstrong and a Cognitate dot com slash armstrong. That's sixty percent off when you use the code armstrong and a Cognity dot com slash armstrong and Cogniti dot com slash Armstrong. So I hope my clients is right. He has a lot of sources himself in the pushback against that big story. The New York Times had the other day saying that ran still retains something like seventy percent of their rockets and thirty out of thirty five, I think they said of the rocket launchers right there along the straight or horror moves.
Speaker 3: Mike doesn't believe that. I hope he's right.
Speaker 5: Would the New York Times go with some analyst that wants to make Trump look bad?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 5: Yeah they would. So what's actually the truth? I don't know, But in terms of hoping, I hope Mike's right. Gonna talk to Katie, Katie, the news lady who's got a major announcement in an hour four I hope he can stick around for that if he can't get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong, Hey, Getty, I just.
Speaker 5: Reading about this is what I do during the commercial break. So I was just reading about Britney spears bizarre behavior at a restaurant last night and Los Angeles acting all drunk and crazy. This is like she just got out of rehab and then she's at a restaurant act in.
Speaker 3: That girl's not gonna sea I'm gonna have long to live? Is she?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 5: She gonna make it out of her forties? Of course, I would never thought she'd make it out of her twenties. Reading through some of my newses, I've got on here on my phone and I haven't had time to get to so far. Today they had a debate. Was it a debate or just a statement anyway? Current mayor of Los Angeles, Karen Bass had a little speech about how we taxpayers need to pay for teeth for drug addicts who've rotted the teeth are out of their heads. She said, how many people who are unhoused that you meet have no.
Speaker 3: Teeth at all.
Speaker 5: They don't have teeth because meth rots your teeth. You can't succeed without teeth. So there needs to be comprehensive healthcare provided to people. The idea that the meth addicts that have rotted the teeth out of their head by doing meth. We taxpayers need to buy them teeth so they can got to get a job how they supposed to. I can get a decent job and get off the streets if they don't have teeth. I will admit that that it probably makes it more difficult to get a good job if you are toothless.
Speaker 3: But wasn't my fault. Wasn't my problem? You kept you did.
Speaker 5: You did meth to the point that you lost your teeth, and now I'm supposed to pay to put your teeth back in your head or fake teeth anyway. Spencer Pratt, the reality star with all the clever ads who might end up being the mayor of Los Angeles, said our city leaders are incompetent. Her response was, I propose free dentures for meth heads. That's not the way she said it, but that's what she was saying. That's hilarious. I hope those days are over where people go along with that. Ah frustrating. I wanted to get to this. Wall Street Apes is a pretty good follow on Twitter if you ever do it. Anyway, breaking down the nonprofit scam that happens a lot of places. This is a California nonprofit, but it can happen anywhere, and not all nonprofits are scams by any means. I mean, we've raised money for lots of nonprofits and you can go to the UH. There's a couple of different websites that talk about charities or nonprofits and get into their books because they have to be open and how you know if you give them money, how well it's going to be spent in that sort of thing. There's some great, great nonprofits out there, but there are a lot that aren't that are just scams.
Speaker 3: Here's an example.
Speaker 5: The nonprofit San Diego Humane Society, well who's against the Humane society they're trying to help puppies and kittens, is sitting on over one hundred million dollars their total annual revenue. Last year, seventy two point nine million dollars were paid out in salaries and compensation. The CEO makes about a half million dollars a year. Maybe you could make the argument that you need somebody at that of that quality to run the place. I don't know, I'll bet you could find some pretty good retired business people who would do it for nothing. Anyway, the nonprofit gets ten million dollars from taxpayer every year. So to recap they take in seventy three million. They spend forty five million of the seventy three on salaries and instead of services like spaying, neutering, rescuing and adopting, helping animals, all that sort of stuff, forty five million of the seventy three million they take in is on salaries and compensation, which can include you this. This is what you do in a nonprofit. You start a nonprofit and you get a salary that is probably way too high. But in addition, I'd like to know the CEO that makes a half million dollars a year. I'll bet that CEO gets a car which is worth a lot. I'll bet that CEO travels some and gets put and travels for free, maybe even first class. I'll bet that CEO and a whole bunch of other people around him at that humane society get They stay in nice hotels, and you gotta eat. Everybody has to eat, so you go up to a nice restaurant. And why wouldn't a humane society pay for that. There's so many nonprofits that scam. When I hear nonprofit, my first thought is Okay, here we go. I start from a prove to me you're actually a nonprofit and not a fraud scam, and everybody should feel that way. And this is what Wall Street Ape says, nonprofits are a scam. It's money laundering and fraud. Abolish nonprofits. I would have no problem with that, or at least have much much stricter rules around it. How much time I got, Michael little Lit'll send in a minute. Okay, man, I don't know if I want to get into this. There is a very prominent, well known writer at the New York Times, maybe you know, maybe you don't. Nick Christoff, who had a piece the other day about Israel, the IDF and specific raping people that included a bizarre story about German Shepherd's raping people. Turned out none of it is true, none of it could be backed up, sorts was fraudulent. And this is ballooning over the last forty eight hours into a really big story. This is a major columnist that ran with a hard anti Israel, damning story that turned out to not be true. And I think there are some heads that could roll on this story and it's going to be a big deal. It should be a big deal. If you don't get everything, gets a podcast, Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty