Speaker 1: On this episode of The Check, we gotta talk about something, folks.
Speaker 2: I is something I am fired up about.
Speaker 1: Something we must collectively as an NBA group discuss Cam thomas Is forty five point performance against Walkie Puffs. I have thoughts and there's guns.
Speaker 2: He probably don't think I'm gonna have, so we need to.
Speaker 1: Talk about it. Absolutely, it's Wednesday. We gotta talk about you're hot, then you're cold and next thing. Yo, No, poor Julius Randall out here of cold his site.
Speaker 2: We may need to retire this segment.
Speaker 1: Right after he's done when somebody put up a clock and the last time he's made something just soaking wet through the net because I haven't seen it, folks, I have not seen it. Finally, get into us news from around the League, Jam past segment, Baby jamback show, So let's get into it. William drop that motherfucker beat and should be Rihanna down all the biggest NBA storylines.
Speaker 2: So the Heat Check.
Speaker 1: The Heat Check was just a cracker, the best podcast covering all the drama around the association. Here, Lord, help me help me make my point known to my listeners without them holding my takes against me, because they they do not know what they see.
Speaker 2: They think they see a man that's a bucket. He's a bucket, He's a bucket.
Speaker 1: But what they actually see, folks, is a fucking chucker. And that's okay, that's okay, But we got to talk about Cam Thomas today. I am fired up about Cam Thomas, the man, the myth, the legend.
Speaker 2: Cam Thomas continues to grow.
Speaker 1: He had forty five points last night against the Milwaukee Bucks. And that that is a real that is a real problem.
Speaker 2: That is like we are.
Speaker 1: Will will it alert alert? It is the end of times here when Cam Thomas is scoring forty five points in a real NBA game. The man Cam Thomas thirty three shots last night, he attempted, he put up sixteen threes. So yeah, I'm fired up, not just about Cam, but that anyone would think it was a good idea to build their entire offense around Cam Thomas. Now you may say Trista, Trista, He's a leading scorer in Okill history, leading freshman in the SEC at LSU.
Speaker 2: Give a buck.
Speaker 1: He has the same usage right now, higher usage than Damian Logo Lillard.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm not trying to hate on this man. Cam Thomas. He's a chucker. That's what he does.
Speaker 1: He's gonna, okay, he's gonna do what he does. He's not told anyone any different. I'm not passing you the ball, so quit asking. I need somebody to take the ball away from Cam Thomas. We are too real, like real times of like I am legend, like this is now. I need someone to tell Jacques Vaughn and Sean Marx and the rest of these beta boys on the Brooklyn Nets you can't have Cam Thomas be the.
Speaker 2: Leader of your team.
Speaker 1: This is now socialism at its finest, where we all just get to share the pie. Everybody takes what they need, right, Everybody takes the shots that they need except for Cam Thomas. Like no, no, no, no no, I'm taking thirty three a game and you're getting the rest. That's what happens when you have a selfish man in a socialistic system.
Speaker 2: I'll take all the flames.
Speaker 1: Oh, Trista, you're just hating. Ask any fucking basketball player. Ask someone ethical about the game of basketball. If what Cam Thomas is doing is good for the sport, they're gonna shoot every time.
Speaker 2: They can't chuckers.
Speaker 1: They shoot every time they get the ball twenty seconds in the shot cluck five seconds.
Speaker 2: The show doesn't matter, contested, uncontested.
Speaker 1: Thirty feet, forty feet, fifty feet away, doesn't matter. I'm Cam Thomas, I am him, and that's what Cam Thomas did last night.
Speaker 2: The truth is Cam Thomas is doing.
Speaker 1: A lot in Brooklyn, and for the life of me, I cannot tell why, why why he was benched last year He poudered and he cried and we all knew he wasn't a starting caliber guard. And we've got Spencer Dinwidy on this team and he's just being benched in the fourth quarter so that Cam Thomas can shoot all the shots down the stretch against the contender like the Milwaukee Bucks. Why I have no idea Spencer Dinwoodie, most clutch shots, eleven game winners in his career, highest plus minus on the team, highest assist rate on the team, you know, at the cold basketball. But no, he's sitting there on his ass on the bench while Cam Thomas is being told.
Speaker 2: Green light, green light, have it, take it. And you know what Milwaukee says.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we love to see he Cam Thomas with the ball in his hands.
Speaker 2: First quarter, second quarter, third quarter, old baby.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course fourth quarter, because eventually when cam Thomas misses, it turns into easy little shots for us in transition, and oh boy, yes it did. Milwaukee Bucks had the highest amount of transition buckets that they had.
Speaker 2: All year, and it was no sweat. We don't care if we go down ten to Brooklyn. Why because camp Thomas has the ball.
Speaker 1: That's why. If you think I'm hating, which I'm sure by now force five minutes into the segment, he probably do snack on this little baby. The more that cam Thomas scores, the more that the Brooklyn Nets lose. The numbers speak for themselves. Cam Thomas when he scores thirty or more, his team is three and seven.
Speaker 2: Cam Thomas.
Speaker 1: When they scores thirty five or more, team is one and five cam Thomas when they scores forty or more. Very impressive that he has five games where he scored forty or more. One and four Camp Thomas when he scores forty five or more. Very impressive. Of three games he scored forty five, very impressive.
Speaker 2: Oh for three.
Speaker 1: The more cam Thomas we get, the more sick we get. I mean, the team is non functional. Cam right now has a twenty eight percent usage rate. That's fifth in the entire league at the position. Brooklyn, we have a problem. This man Cam Thomas has a higher usage rate than Damian Lillard. He's got a usage rate through the fucking roof. This is one of the most egregiously unethical players we've seen in our life. This is two thousands basketball.
Speaker 2: For you, clear on out. It's on me. It's me right now, are you open?
Speaker 1: I don't care. This man Cam Thomas is gone to do anything else either. He's gonna shoot and shoot and shoot some more. How bad is he on defense? The worst, like bottom five percent. I could tell you the rating, but you don't care. One hundred and seventeen point nine twenty fifth worst in the league of over four hundred. That is nearly identical the way he had last year, which is one hundred and seventeen point seven. Loa loah. Again, not about Cam Thomas, more about situation. Opposing teams, like I said, they want to see nothing more than Cam Thomas shoot the ball. Do you think the deepfense is bending because of Cam Thomas? Do you think they're collapsing around Cam Thomas? Do you think Cam Thomas is on the fucking scouting report. No, except for allow cam Thomas to have the ball as much as he can. He is shooting thirty three percent from three, which qualifies him as being bottom ten percent of a high.
Speaker 2: Volume three point shooter. Fam, we can't be doing this.
Speaker 1: We can't put him on Twitter, elevating him onto a pedestal like the forty five cam Thomas put up was in some way valuable.
Speaker 2: To the team. Sixteen threes last night? Sixteen Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Do not be putting this man on my Twitter feet. Do not be like, oh, he's him, He's a bucket.
Speaker 2: Jacqu Vaughan.
Speaker 1: Do not be like after the game, we need to see the ball in cam Thomas's hand as much as possible in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: No, we don't. No, we don't.
Speaker 1: Michel Bridges, don't be like, oh, cam Thomas is a bucket. I want the ball in his hands down in crunch time.
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 1: And if you do your beta, your beta, you don't want the ball in your hands because Cam Thomas is gonna take it and Spencer didn when he doesn't want to ruffle any feathers because we already know what time it was when he was in Wizard's Land.
Speaker 2: They were fucking with his reputation. He built it up to as high as it is right now.
Speaker 1: Well whatever that means in Dallas and now he's just trying to, like, you know, not make waves because he's an impending free agent and he wants to get paid. Shame on Brooklyn, Shame on you, Jacque Vond, Shame on you, Michale Bridges, Shame on you the rest of the squad for letting this man have the ball thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Percent of the time.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight percent of the time, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It feels like always, How does this happen? Where else? Would this happen? Nowhere? Nowhere, nowhere? Wizards probably maybe not.
Speaker 1: Jordan Poole would say, Cam Tomas ula, no, sir, doesn't happen in Orlando, doesn't happen in Portland, doesn't happen in any dog shit organization. But it's happening on the nets. Why I don't know it. He needs an investigation for the ages and we will do that deep dive, just not today.
Speaker 2: But it's a mess, so please.
Speaker 1: The end of the line is for me saying despite the nets loss, Cam Thomas balled out, No, that's not correct. What is correct is the NETS can't win because they have a yank ass roster that relies on Cam Thomas putting up forty five. And remember, only you kids can stop unethical basketball from being put onto our Twitter feed. That's enough right now, I've got to move on to something more positive. I can feel the poison just seeping into my veins.