Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: All about that high school drama Girl Drama Girl, all about.
Speaker 3: Them high school Queens.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for a ride and our comic girl shared for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama Queens, Jamie's my girl fashion but your tough girl.
Speaker 1: You could sit with us Girl Drama Queen Drama, Queens Drama, Queens Drama, Drama, Queens Drama Queens.
Speaker 5: Hey friends, Hi gouy, Hello, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 6: So we have a special episode today. We are joined by a couple of friends of ours from across the pond, the hosts of the Fantastic The Ravens podcast, none other than Simon and Dom. Gentlemen, Welcome to Drama Queens.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you for having us. It's incredibly surreal, right.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, this is that moment where we go who's going to speak first? Which one of us? Does it? Always? I want it to be here. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Well, clearly what's happening on our end is we're all excited and we're all talking at the same time. So it's good you're reminding us to just take a deep breath and go slap.
Speaker 4: Well, I would love to start by just asking when did you guys start your Ravens podcast, and what was the like, what was the moment where you were like, let's let's do this, and then what was the response and the fact that you've kept I mean clearly it was good enough that's kept going for your in your eighth were season eight? Now is that right for you guys? So yeah, what was the impetus for all of this?
Speaker 9: Well, Dom is being held against his will. It's kind of the flow of it. So we started this five years ago, so it's been a long time. It was about a year or so before you guys started. And I watched the show when I was twenty three, and I'm one of those people that will say proudly that it really had a positive impact on me. I watched it at a certain time where I was a bit i'd say lost in my career, Like I was living with my girlfriend who's now my wife, Efany, and I really didn't like my job. And so at night, you know, when you don't like what you're doing for a living, you really try to maximize what you're doing outside of work because you're dreading going there. But I used to stay up really late to like one two in the morning, like just watching you know, TV and things, and I had just finished the OC and on the Amazon recommendation list came up One Tree Hill and I watched it and I was just hooked into it, but I think subconsciously hooked by the theme of you know, what's the version of you that you want to be lately, as Gavin de grow might say. And so from that it kind of sent me on this road of like changing career, learning to play basketball, getting involved in I became an SCN teacher, like a neurodiverse teacher, volunteering with the Special Olympics, ended up coaching basketball at national level and then at an international level and one with Great Britain. One sounds braggy, but I'm trying to show what one trag do. Yeah, So I ended up coaching Great Britain and we went back to back World championships.
Speaker 7: Dude, it was like a whole thing.
Speaker 9: And then we created a local basketball team called the Ravens, and it all just kind of came into it and was very like this, like I sort of put it to like my wife, like my parents, and One Tree Hill.
Speaker 7: It kind of did a lot for me.
Speaker 9: And then within that when I was rewatching for like the fifth time in my early thirties. When I finished, I was like, I don't know what to do with this energy now. And Dom and I had been started podcasting movies, and Dom had never seen it, and so we thought it would be interesting to see the perspective of a first time watcher, of a mildly scrampled man in his like British man in his ear. And so every week we watched together on Zoom with ravens from around the worlds. We have people in Australia, in Canada, America, Norway, and we're watching Dom react for the first time, and then Dom's making predictions as we go along.
Speaker 8: Dom, No, you've covered it all.
Speaker 3: You will have to speak at some point.
Speaker 8: At some point I've got to say something. But yeah, Simon, literally five years ago in the in the middle of us kind of we we we were friends from since we were five, so we've been friends for a long time, but we have a gap in our history. We went to different like high schools, different universities and stuff and kind of lost kind of touch and connection. And then through the podcast messaged me one day and so they'd like to, you know, do a podcast with you, and I was like, we haven't really hung out or done anything for a long time. This is it's a bit like random to just jump into doing podcast. And then we picked The first film we podcasted was Good Fellows, which is the longest film ever, and we we did the longest podcast ever. It was about seven hours long. If it was just it was horrendous. Honestly, I'm so bad, but we love it. And then we just kept going and then we get you know, a few months in and down the line, and he says, I really love this show. Have you ever seen it? I've never never seen I've heard of it, of course, never seen it. I was like, okay, well, let's let's do it. Let's do it episode by episode together, go through it, and just if no one listens, it doesn't matter, because, you know, at least I'm talking to my friend and you know, sharing my love for this show is like, okay, great, let's let's give it the.
Speaker 3: Best way to start any kind of artistic ventures.
Speaker 4: Like, you know what if nobody sees it, then whatever, at least we're having fun.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I've become a bit of a yes man when it comes to this podcast because it's like Lyman's like I want to do this, Like yeah, okay, it's taken us to great places.
Speaker 9: So yeah, And the beautiful thing about it is that it's kind of as much as you know, the podcast has been great and the show has been great, And this is kind of cliche to say, but this is true, we became best friends again. So we were best friends with children, and then we've become best friends again and we're now in like our late thirties, and to have a friend like that at this time in life is actually a bit rare, Like we kind of didn't really have that anymore and have you know, lives and you know, wives and children that kind of things, and so it's like, actually, it's been a beautiful thing to be like for this like two hours once a week, we're going to sit down and talk nonsense about a show that I love that now Don does love. And it has kind of just given us these crazy opportunities and it's very surreal and we're incredibly grateful to be.
Speaker 7: Here and be invited here.
Speaker 9: It really means a lot to us and to our We have like a core cult of listeners and they are really rallied behind this as well.
Speaker 7: So thank you so much. We really appreciate it, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 6: And I mean it's also a little peak behind the curtain is we got to meet you guys recently. So the last Friends with Benefits event that we did in Wilmington, you guys attended, So it was really cool that we got to meet. So then when this came up, it was like all three of us sort of unanimously. When our producer Hannah pitched it, We're like, oh, they were lovely in Wilmington. Absolutely, let's do it. So I think we're just as thrilled as you guys. I'm so happy for the success. But I love that you guys hadn't hung out in like a decade and you were just like, do you want to do a podcast? I would be like calling someone you haven't seen in a decade and being like, Hey, do you want to go on a really long road trip? Should we maybe get lunch first?
Speaker 3: Maybe let's catch up in front of everyone.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: What's really cool though.
Speaker 5: Hearing your story about it is in a really interesting way. I feel like the way we came to the podcast was steps of experiences.
Speaker 3: Like that, you know, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: It's like when we all left Wilmington. Obviously it was it was all the things. Really, it was sad. You know, you kind of can't wait to get going, almost like when you are going to graduate high school or college, and then when the end is approaching, you're like, I don't want to leave.
Speaker 6: Just kidding, just kidding.
Speaker 5: This was a terrible idea. And so you know, we went through the excitement of this sort of early career freedom and also the absolute heartbreak of like looking at each other at work and bursting into tears every day. And then you know, as you do, everyone leaves the town and people go home, people get married, people move, you know, people go on to other jobs. And it was actually the conventions that kind of gave us a chance to start dipping back into the world. And I remember, because I was working in Chicago at the time when they really got going and I could never go, and I was like, well, this is exactly that thing, like your TV job keeps you from going and doing something else, including hanging out with your friends from your first TV job.
Speaker 3: So bummed.
Speaker 5: And I think maybe it was France, was that the first one we got to do joy.
Speaker 4: Maybe those are they're all a blur, so far.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I couldn't say when each one started, but I know we were in France together at some point.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that was the first one I'd gotten to go to, and I like took a red eye from work and I remember just being like, oh my god.
Speaker 6: Everybody's here.
Speaker 3: Everybody's here.
Speaker 5: And I really think it was the way, you know, people like you, Simon and dom now you welcome to the club. Like we had such great viewers who wanted to go home with us, and it's why, you know, us girls started the pod in the pandemic, and it's why we were so excited to get Rob to join us as of season seven, Like, you know, Hillary was like, wait, I don't have any actual memories. This is stupid. Rob was like I have all of them, you know, And I don't know. I just think about how there is something a about this show that it gives you these really weird opportunities to gather, whether you were on the show as we were, or you were a fan of the show like you guys, it's so cool that one trio has given us all this shared experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is the what are the conventions been like for you? Was that your first one that I feel like it was the first one you've been to in the States. Had you gone to any of them in Paris before either?
Speaker 8: No? Actually the first one that was the first one we've been to. Like ever, ever, what was that like for you? We are going to Paris as well, so we'll see you in Paris.
Speaker 6: Okay, great in October.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we've kind of learned, and this was a trick that we've only learned just recently that if you just put a video out on Instagram and just ask for what you want, sometime Sophia Bush might see it, and then other times, like you get a media pass to you know, a one Tree Hill then in Paris.
Speaker 9: Like I really want to implore everyone just off the internet of the things.
Speaker 6: You might.
Speaker 8: These are those exact moments what Dom just says, Yes, that's fun.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it works. It was so fun for us having just met you though, Like when I saw you, guys, when I saw your message, it was kismet because I think I did I text a screenshot of it and our group was.
Speaker 4: A vious text a screenshot and then I saw it in my inbox. Yeah, I don't know if you checked yours, but and then I think our producer must have seen hers. You guys just did like a blast, and we all kind of saw it around the same moment.
Speaker 5: It was amazing because Hannah was like, wait, I just spoke to them, and I was going to talk to you guys about it on our zoom this week. So it was like everybody for some reason in the same day got the little like internet pixie dust and we were like, Okay, this feels really fun.
Speaker 9: It was kind of we kind of got some confidence from that event a little bit, I mean joy actually to speak you specifically to say thank you.
Speaker 10: We you.
Speaker 9: You probably won't remember this, but we said to you, you know, like lovely to meet you. All of you were lovely, but you specifically you actually got up, came around and sort of like hugged us to say thank you for like supporting the show and everything.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Prom the fact that I then had to tell dom My Knees a week I'm not sure I can stand right time.
Speaker 4: I do remember hugging you guys. I thought that was just so special that you came over and that you've been investing so much of your time into something that we invested so much of our time into you know, it's yeah, and it's not just watching like you're actually taking the time to walk through it and talk about it and share with other people.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was so happy to meet you guys. I'm sorry. I didn't intend to cut you off. I just got excited.
Speaker 3: You can keep me.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 9: It just the whole experience, like meeting all three of you and meeting you know, the rest of the cast and everyone was it kind of just gave us this sense of life of oh actually because we met a lot of people as well, like a lot of our listeners were there, and we did really special things like we after the event, we got pizza together and went to work to the river Core and had like pizza at sunset, and it was.
Speaker 7: All so meaningful.
Speaker 9: It was like, actually, let's just shoot for the stars with some of this stuff and just and just go for it. I don't think we ever expected like this, and this really is like just beyond any kind of expectation.
Speaker 8: Wilmington was like was amazing, Like the whole experience and obviously obviously getting to meet the three of you, but just being kind of in a huge group of people that love this show and it's global and from someone who's I guess I feel still feel a little bit outside looking in because we haven't finished season nine, and you know, we're working our way to it, and I've only this is my first time watching and so not really understanding the following that this show has and then just seeing it the generosity that comes from it as well all of our we call them out ravens, but you know, our listeners and our our cult, Simon said, we know they're so generous and so kind, and you know, one of them, one of our listeners shout out to Crystal sorry she if she won the opportunity to meet Barry Corbyn, and like, Whitey was like my favorite character in the beginning, right because you know, as Simon said, disgruntled, you know, and what's better than that? And so she took me as her plast one to go and meet him, and I was like, well, this is oh so kind and a couple of others and some of her great experiences as well. So just the kindness that comes from it, and then you see and the things that we've the people that we've encountered and the things that they do for this show is amazing.
Speaker 6: I would include yourselves in that because you are creating another community for the fans of this show, like you are. You're creating a place for them to go and make new friends and share experiences. So you are now a part of that of that of the tapestry of One Tree Hill, you know, and you are contributing to it as opposed to just sort of, you know, enjoying in it. And I'm so glad that you're The podcasts has done so well and you have the falling because you deserve it. You guys are doing great. I listened to a couple episodes and I really liked it. And I think I just never thought of until this moment, is are the fans on One Tree Hill are incredible? Like when I joined the show, I had no idea what I was in store for, like i've and also since then, I have never experienced anything like what we had with our fans. But one thing I hadn't thought of until just right now is that it's because of the fans that I have so many of the relationships with people from One Tree Hill. Because if it weren't for the fans, there wouldn't be conventions. And if there weren't conventions, I don't think I would have ever. I should say that the odds are very low I would have reconnected with as many of the members of the cast that I have, because I'll speak for myself. I was for largely I was kind of just like my head was down, I was getting through that time, so I wasn't really available for relationships. And I think a lot of people kind of had their own stuff going on or were just sort of ready to wrap it up or whatever it was. And it's because of the conventions that we were able to all come back sort of as adults and be like, hey, oh my gosh, hi friend and like these friendships came out of it. But none of that would have happened were it not for the fans wanting conventions and attending conventions. So just a new gratitude swell to say thank you to all of the fans for allowing us to have this opportunity.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Well, I want to get into like storyline stuff. I'm so curious if you guys, like I just want to know what you have been dom especially you you know, starting from scratch, and I want to know, like what what storyline has just taken you totally by surprise the most. What do you feel like really made you stand up and yell at the TV or like, gasp, you have any memories of this?
Speaker 8: It's got to be well pretty much for like the first couple of seasons, I was convinced that Keith was Lucas's real father.
Speaker 5: This is so many of us were.
Speaker 8: It was like, this has got to come out, This has got to happened. Karen's going to be like, oh, do you remember that night? You know it's your you know he's yours and that I was so so disappointed when that didn't happen. But I think that the Dan shooting Keith's story.
Speaker 6: Is just what I still haven't seen seasons one through five, actually, but I do. I do know that plot point.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Yeah, that's that's the that's the like the biggest one, and then you know, the whole Jimmy Edwards storyline as well, that's the one that's I think he really stands out and makes you go, what is happening here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Was that one of the things that also made you you know, you just said that you you didn't at first, you were like, I don't really understand all of this hubbub around this show, What's what is the whole big deal about it? And as you started to watch, like, I mean, I know, for us, I think that was one of the turning point episodes where we all kind of knew we were doing something more meaningful than just like pop TV. And so was that one of the turning points for you or was there something else that made you kind of connect in a way that was like, oh, this is actually something I want to invest more of my time and see it through.
Speaker 8: I think pretty much all along like a lot of the way, like I've always considered the performances in the show so from yourselves, to be like excellent, you know, I mean, there's always been a draw to that. I mean, you're all exceptional cryers. You just cry so well, it just happens, like you tapped on go crying and it's unbelievable. So you really drawn into that, and then those stories like it just enhances the storyline because there are some episodes, let's say in the later seasons, where what's written on the page might not necessarily be, you know, the best dialogue, but actually you're making it work and you're you know, and you've got the feeling in the room you've got that sense of connection, and lots of people grow up or it's like when they watch it, they're growing with the show. So they're watching it at a particular age, growing with the characters, and then getting to a certain point. Then there's me kind of as Simons, this miserable world man.
Speaker 10: Watch your.
Speaker 8: Watching it at a certain stage of life, going oh, actually, these performances are fantastic. The storylines are actually really good, and I'm kind of invested now. So I did I think it happened fairly early? To be fair, what didn't take me long to kind of go okay, I'm in now.
Speaker 6: When I first started watching this show, one of the very first things that struck me was the music. But is that the sau imagine American music, especially pop music, is rather ubiquitous. So was that something that stood out to you?
Speaker 8: So I love music. Music's like my thing. But there's a lot of music in the show that I've not heard before. So it's like a discovering of the music. And that's one thing that our listeners bring up all the time, is the music. And the music is so important and even people I work with that love on Treehill, like, oh that the music's great, and I'm like, yeah, we tend what's the Maybe something that we need to revisit is going back over the music because we don't dig into it, probably as much as we should, but we do. We have a judgment at the end of We do our judgments at the end of each episode, and we give it a rating, and one of our judgments is a favorite song of the episode, so we pick. We do pick one and the ones that really stand out. And the thing is that they're all connected and into linked. It feels like with the storyline, or at least there's you know, you've got those tender moments and emotional moments whatever it might be, the fun moments, and it all has an accompanying song yeah, which works so well. And you know, we do enjoy it and we we like it. We probably don't dig into it enough, but yeah, I love the music.
Speaker 5: I love that, especially because you're coming into it, you know, at a later stage, so it's not like those songs have just been released or they're just on the radio. I like that for a new viewer, they feel like they are still very anchored in what's happening on screen. And it makes me think of something you guys spoke to Paul about a while back when you had him on your show, because Simon, you pointed something out that I loved. You talked about how as a repeat viewer, when you first started watching, you were in your early twenties, and even though we were playing teenagers, we were in our early twenties, and so you related to our characters so much. And now cut to where you both are in your lives with you know, your partners and your kids and the things that well, you know, kid eventually for you, Dom, but like the sort of stage you're in, you can relate more to the parents as well and what they're going through and see things from their perspectives. And it's cool to hear about your journey there. But I guess, Dom, I wonder, knowing that that Simon's experience, are you simultaneously able to identify with us as kids and sort of your teenage self, or are you watching all of this being like, can you imagine if we had been that insane in high school?
Speaker 3: What is it for you?
Speaker 8: That's a great, great question, I think, and.
Speaker 3: Simon, you too, jump in anytime you have something here.
Speaker 8: Of course, all the Jimmy Eat well, the came flying back. I think there's there's there's certain elements. Yeah, I think there's certain elements of like the high school days where I think I relate to that. I relate to being the quiet one that just sort of been in the corner where I was in, you know, with a small group of friends and having that kind of small group of friends and that kind of collective unit, and we were you know, we'd all do you know, different things together and whatever it might be. And then you've got you know, you've kind of got your Nathan's of the world that you know, Okay, he's a bit much for me, and we're probably not going to be the friends, but you never know, one day we could be. And yeah, so I did. There was definite like oh wow, yeah, okay, I can I can really relate to that. And I think in a lot of our episodes as well, we do kind of sorry to say it was, Simon especially talks about a lot of his experiences and stuff and how it kind of connects and how he felt at a specific time of life and stuff and also me too, and you know, we jump around back and forth. We definitely could connect with the older characters first, so I did. First I was like, keeps my guy. And then I was like, okay, no, you know, I know what it's like to be you know Hailey.
Speaker 7: We all say like we so we did. We did.
Speaker 9: Part of our podcast is that we have shared a lot of stuff, a lot of stuff like about what things that we did when we were teenagers and things, even to a point that we moved most of our episodes over onto Patreon specifically kind of as we're coming to the end of it was like, you know, it is nice to share these things and to have these things out there, but also, you know, we also are private, have private liers and private people, and it's actually we only really want those things there for people that are really invested in what we're doing, you know, because it feels very private, and I think it wasn't until a bit later into the podcast. It's actually there was a sense of vulnerability there to an extent of like kind of put our lives out here a little bit. So let's kind of maybe keep some of that for the people that are really into it. But yeah, we kind of definitely easier to relate to the older characters now, but it's also clever with the time jump that your characters kind of catch up, you know, to assume closer to your real ages in real life. But we've always said from the beginning that we didn't really see the characters as high schoolers. We kind of saw them as like young adults or maybe more like in college, even though we know they are in high school. But because some of the storylines are so kind of crazy, they kind of may correlated more to people that are a bit older. And then when your characters are in their the early twenties and they are like some of the most successful people in the world, we're like, maybe let's pretend they're in their thirties, just so feels a bit better.
Speaker 3: Maybe totally totally we self the same. Oh yeah, we've talked about that for sure.
Speaker 7: We have so many questions for you as well.
Speaker 9: I don't want people to think we've come on HERETI because you're coming on our podcast. We're kind of like reserving them, So I don't want you to feel like we're doing a.
Speaker 5: Not at all.
Speaker 4: No, we love you're providing us with the ability to hear from fans from people who are doing exactly what like we're doing our podcast for you guys, so for people whose voice you represent, so it's actually really really interesting to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And to that point, it's also nice to really be able to sit in it because as cool as the conventions are, they move so fast. You know, you're kind of in the suirrel and the days are long, but so many of our interactions don't get to be lengthy. So you know, it's fun to be able to actually sit back and have a nice chat.
Speaker 9: Can I also just say the fact that you've listened to any of our podcast episodes one frightens me. But that's such an overwhelming thing to hear, Like I almost feel that podcast is finished.
Speaker 7: Now, Like, how do you go on any.
Speaker 6: Have to weed?
Speaker 1: You have?
Speaker 4: So you must have so many predictions, yeah, don Like what are your predictions? There's so much coming in season nine? Do you have any inklings.
Speaker 8: Or trying to think? So, we we've we've just started season so we've done two episodes of season nine ahead of us.
Speaker 3: You are, you're ahead of us.
Speaker 8: Tyler Hilton has come back. He says hello, by the way.
Speaker 6: We thank god.
Speaker 7: He was We just met him in London last week.
Speaker 9: He was in and he said he said specifically about you, Robert, that you're one of his best friends, which was he said, yeah, he spoke so highly of all of you.
Speaker 8: So yeah, you're GONO have to help me. What crazy productions have I made this season?
Speaker 9: Well, your predictions at the moment are mainly there's a lot of confusion because it opened that Season nine opens with like so much with all like the flashes, so like Dan has a gun and Chris Keller's with Dan and.
Speaker 8: Smashing up a cafe. So I'm like, ca was there between Karen's and.
Speaker 5: My rage day?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Perfect?
Speaker 9: Do you know what you would probably want to hear? As well as some of the predictions that Don.
Speaker 6: Got right from that was going to be my question.
Speaker 9: They it drove people crazy, like we had people And the thing is people would always write it to me because I kind of have to be the caretaker of.
Speaker 7: Like the instagrams so can't be spoiled.
Speaker 9: And some of it is like people were accusing him of watching along, which he would never do, but by watching a head story but.
Speaker 7: No, it's so good.
Speaker 9: So he you predicted predicted that it was Abbi Brown that was like tormenting Dan after.
Speaker 3: Whoa, that's a hard one to get. Wow, you're a sleuth.
Speaker 7: Wow, what was the other one?
Speaker 5: So you for skills, but what gave you the what gave you the inkling?
Speaker 8: There was something about that that in a knowledge. So a lot of the time I was thinking that Dan's kind of doing this to himself. So he's writing these things on the wall, he's kind of lost it. He doesn't remember he's doing it. And then I was like, unless there was someone there, but the only person that could have feasibly have been there, and then I'll set up his name would be someone like Abby or something like that, and then it would just be like, oh, get and then there's just silence. So I never know if I'm right or wrong until until I get there. And Simon Simon's famous for saying, we'll see and then that's it, and then you know, I never know.
Speaker 5: So and Simon, how do you keep a straight face when he either gets it very right or very wrong? Are you just constantly trying to be unknowable?
Speaker 9: I guess, But I think he he is pretty good at respecting the boundaries. I'd say, or no, because he doesn't speaking four years. If you're not here but from you don't like spoiling it for yourself, but you want to you want the thrill love of it.
Speaker 8: I like to be right.
Speaker 11: We are.
Speaker 9: Dom has a thing when watching as well, where the Ravens called it turtling, which we show turtling on, which is like if like someone's in a car and he's like, they're going to crash or this is going to happen, or this is going to happen. I'm trying to think of the other one.
Speaker 8: I thought that was going to happen. And in episode two of season nine, Brooks driving around with the babies in the back, and the whole time she's like, you know, driving at three in the morning, and I'm really tired, but it's like it's kind of okay. Listen to the radio and I see people having fun and things, and the whole time, I'm thinking, she's just on that road where Paine's had a bar crash and.
Speaker 5: Everyone's had a car crash.
Speaker 3: It's a car crash road.
Speaker 5: Isn't that One of the weirdest things When you're watching and you're every time the camera cuts, you're like, is it now?
Speaker 3: Is it now?
Speaker 5: It's so stressful.
Speaker 6: What excites you more? When he is very right or very wrong with the prediction.
Speaker 7: That's a great question. I like it.
Speaker 9: I prefer it when he's right, actually, because I feel like people get more of a kick out of that, and people like, I'm his fan, you know, I want him to get it right really, so I'm like happy for him. But he did get some crazy in our pilot episode. He said something like, couldn't have known this, but he was like, you know, Dan, he kind of acts like he's the mayor. Imagine one day he'd be mayor.
Speaker 6: Like, does Dan become mayor?
Speaker 7: You really should.
Speaker 3: Karen?
Speaker 5: Karen and Dan run against each other for mayor.
Speaker 6: Well, of course Dan winso because he's the shadiest human being of all time. But oh yeah, my god, guys, this is exactly what happened in season seven when it was that camping episode where Julian goes with the rest of the crew and there's like a reference to the fact that Brooke and Nathan made a sex tape, and I was like, I came back on our pod, was like, what the hell shows this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I said, you know what, Rob, that was exactly my reaction when I read the script. I think we all were like.
Speaker 11: Oh boy, right, OK, I would like to know when what predictions you made that you were wrong about, but that you think you should have been right about.
Speaker 8: Well, Keith paying Lucas's dad was number is number one on my list. I will never ever let that go. I would rewrite the show to make that a true possibility.
Speaker 4: So good And Simon, I know you're not, you know, watching for the first time, so you wouldn't be making predictions. But if there was a storyline that you felt like you wanted to see it go a different way, I would love to hear that as well.
Speaker 9: I love that answer too, Like I'd never considered that. And Dom said that from pretty much the beginning, and I was like, it makes sense. It's a great twist, and I would have loved that too, But yeah, what else have you there's another what's the other big one that you've had for a long time? Oh, one of the biggest ones was about he was certain that Brooke would have children?
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, I was. I was like, they couldn't do that to the character. They just couldn't. I was like, if they if they don't let Brooke have children, this is absolute travesty. And again, I would go back and rewrite it. And put it right, because you know.
Speaker 5: That right there are penance for the sex tape, for the red They really needed to earn their good graces. And I appreciate your confidence.
Speaker 8: With Robert.
Speaker 9: If you as you haven't seen the earliest seasons, is that potentially give draw on the Queen's and a more lease of life afterwards. You could be watching, you could be making somewhat predictions. I would been spoiling.
Speaker 8: You could join us and we could do it with him.
Speaker 6: Let's take this combo offline. I mean never say never. I mean I clearly have a lot to watch, because every time I hear we just watched like eighteen, I think the episode where Haley gives birth, and it is jam packed with flashbacks, and of course I had seen none of them, with the exception of like Quinn's flashback because it was four episodes prior. But it just sort of hit home. I was like, I just know so little about the show, and I liked all the flashbacks, so yeah, yeah, maybe ay, I would.
Speaker 5: Really want though, And I know it got harder obviously as Lockdown ended, and you know, we had to tend to our full time jobs as well. But in the beginning we would because we were obviously, you know, lock in our homes. We would sit on zoom and watch the episode together and then do the podcast. And now so often, oh yeah, because everybody's got you know, kids and things and is in different time zones and someone's always on a plane. We usually now will watch it on our own time and then guarantee we're all on the zoom together. And I miss I miss watching some of the reaction videos that like our producers, they wouldn't even all go online. They would put something and exactly what you're talking about, just full turtle mode. Everyone would get in their sweaters. You would start watching between our fingers, just like, oh god, it's coming and it's so funny. And I would love to see rob because you weren't there at all, like some of it we forgot about, but you know, we were there. I would love to see you watch the first six seasons having not a clue what's coming?
Speaker 6: That fun Oh yeah, it's it's so funny. Actually, when I first listened to the first episode of Your Guys podcast, I listened to and you laid out the premise, I was like, oh my god, this is so funny. So after so Tyler and I we've known each other, but when we did that, we were both guests on the Drama Queen's Live tour, right, and that was where, like we our relationship really really started. And after that, like I had joked on stage like we should do a drama Kings where we recap your recaps, you know, but then we were actually talking about like is is it should we actually do something? And one of my pitches to Tyler was we should just be two middle aged dudes watching a teenage soap opera and getting emotionally invested in it. So when I heard your pitch or your premise, I was like, oh, it's it was our idea, but even better because one of them has seen it, so you sort of get both sides of it. Yeah, it's great. Well, we would love.
Speaker 7: To hear your version.
Speaker 9: We'd love to hear your version, so please do do that. It would be great for the Drama Queen. I don't know what you guys are planning to do, but you should just keep going forever. I mean, I don't know if you know about the other you might be like, no, thank you, I don't know if you know about that. Like a lot of the other like The Office, Ladies, Pod Meets World, et cetera, and sort of doing my round too because like Pop for me and for domas Dom again, sorry for speaking for you. It's like we rewatch a lot of shows that we love, but it's like it hits you, like we've been saying differently at different periods of your life, and you relate to being different ways. So yeah, I think people would continue to always love to hear what you have to say about it.
Speaker 6: Totally listen. If I have my way, we will continue doing this for years and years to come. So I'm just throwing every idea I have in the poodcast. Sort of enjoy it because like I am just trying to keep this friend train rolling, guys, so don't worry right there with you.
Speaker 4: Such a highlight in my week. I just hate to see a girl. Yeah, figure something out.
Speaker 5: I know you're giving us wonderful, wonderful ideas, and it is a really great the way that things hit you differently. I mean the episode that we just watched, like watching those flashbacks and watching you know, Brooke and Julian trying to navigate whether or not they're going to be able to be parents. It was heavy then, but I didn't know very many parents. I mean, you know, Joy, it was you Hillary. And then like a few years later, my next closest girlfriend had a kid, but like at that point, we basically knew no one was kids. And it is so crazy even remembering the people I spoke to about their experiences and you know, the journeys people were having, being in this stage of my life where I know everyone who's built families in every way imaginable, and how hard people have suffered for it, and how difficult it can be and and all of the things like it sort of smacks me emotionally from completely the other direction now. And I think that's probably why it's so special for us when we do have those interactions with all of you guys when we meet up, whether it's in Wilmington or Paris or wherever. Because at every single stage with all the fans over this last decade of doing these conventions, their stories change, but the stories keep relating to the show because at some point or another we all relate to one character or one moment. And it is pretty crazy how it stays evergreen like that. It's not something I could have imagined at twenty one. But I think it's like just the coolest thing that we all get to share this.
Speaker 6: Guys, hear me out, what if Round two of Drama Queen's is us recapping the Ravens podcast.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 8: I'm okay with it.
Speaker 5: Simon, you just turned so all read.
Speaker 9: There's so much about you know, you know, yes, yes, that would be wonderful.
Speaker 7: Give me time to edit it.
Speaker 9: Give me like a bit of time to edit it down for like a minute or two an episode.
Speaker 6: We could do a whole season breaking down your fifteen hour episode of the Goodfellas movie.
Speaker 12: So there's plenty of content there for us.
Speaker 4: So are you guys going to the convention in Paris? Who's doing that? Who's Rob?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I mean what company is it?
Speaker 5: Rob?
Speaker 3: You people can go get their tickets?
Speaker 6: Is it Union? Oh? Yeah, that's right, Yeah it is Union.
Speaker 9: Are you guys going, Yes, Yes, we're very fortunate. This is the first time we're going to have like press passes to something.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, so fancy.
Speaker 5: I just want to know what you're going to How are you going to use those to your advantage? Like I know for a fact, Rob and I would be figuring out where the snacks were you know, like, oh, if they're pressing it back in that door, what what's what's back there that I can eat? Like, what's the thing you're the most excited to use that fancy little badge for?
Speaker 8: Well, A great question. I don't even consider snacks. It's all about it's all about capturing you all and the you know, the other actors that will be there. Any opportunity we can, like just to have a little interview, couple of questions, not take too much of your time, you know, and maybe take some advantage of that if we can.
Speaker 3: That's that's well, snacks and parking.
Speaker 4: I think we'll also find to bees at times.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right. Always got a microphone already.
Speaker 9: We have these mics that we've got more interviewing Tyler, And so we're now hoping that now that we're best friends that obviously you know, we can we we can get if you guys, I know some of you are there, what have you there? Maybe but we can get interviews with you or you know, some of the other coast that Yeah, we're just happy to be there, like we're just excited to be there.
Speaker 6: Well, it's going to be great to see you in this time, Joy won't be the only one handing out hugs. I'm going to be bringing you in for the real thing. Gentlemen, you probably know this, but we wrap up each episode with a listener question and spin a wheel. But since this is a special occasion, we thought we'd switch it up and let you, guys ask one of your listener questions. Sound good, That sounds amazing.
Speaker 5: Our first ever live listener question.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it's the first ever. We've been doing this a long we have never done that yet. Yay, you're the first.
Speaker 8: So Wan tree Hill gave us some truly legendary kind of psycho characters. So we've had Derek and Annie carry Katie you know, so obviously joins the f you've seen in a few more then maybe he has. But which one kind of stands out? We can call it a favorite? I suppose you can have a favorite psycho. Which one stands out as a favorite? And why favorite psycho?
Speaker 10: Can?
Speaker 6: I jump in here because I have one just that just popped into my head that I feel passionate about. Yes, yes, it's the dog that's walking loose in the hospital that eats a heart. I'm sorry, psychopath. What.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty creepy, Like, what are they feeding that dog that its first instinct was to pick up the heart?
Speaker 6: Also boundaries, heart boundaries, dog, don't just go eating someone's organ, dick.
Speaker 3: Move gross.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I want to say Dan Scott because but it's it's just so obvious. I Yeah, I'm actually going to narrow it down because Dan is he's not a token villain. He's something so much bigger to our show. So if I'm going to pick like a like one of the sort of token villains, I guess I would say Nanny Carey, mostly because I got to work so closely with Tori and she was so fun and lovely to work with, and her character was so delicious and she had such a great time with it and we were running through cornfields and it was just so bizarre.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go with Nanny Carey. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's funny because I was also going to say Dan feels like the real kingpin of the villains, but what he really is is the foil, Like he's bigger than just a villain, Yeah, because he's so much more human.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's interesting because as a viewer, I would say Nanny Carey because I like the length of the arc. I like the surprise of when she comes back. I love the homage to Kathy Bates. You know, the whole thing is so well done. I would say that my favorite villain I ever fought would have to be Psychoed Derek, because in the midst of a highly coordinated stunt fight to yell eighth grade.
Speaker 3: Cheer camp, it was.
Speaker 5: It was just the most camp thing I've ever done on camera, and I love it.
Speaker 6: I gotta watch this epis. I need to see that for that alone.
Speaker 5: I have to go back to film you watching it. Yeah, it's a real chef's kiss.
Speaker 12: Yeah, gosh, there's.
Speaker 6: Such a team player.
Speaker 5: So I was like, I gotta sell this, okay, And it turned into one of my favorite things I ever got to say on the show.
Speaker 7: So good.
Speaker 3: Should we spin a wheel?
Speaker 6: Yes? And also before we do it, just want to say, if you want to hear more of these fine gentlemen asking us questions on the spot, hop over to their podcast, The Ravens and give it a listen. Because we're doing a little two parter, half on our podcast, half on Theirs, So give it a listen.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Most likely to binge watch an entire season of a show in one day, Simon.
Speaker 9: It's him, It's dumb. How many seasons of what is the thing you're watching now?
Speaker 8: I just finished watching Blue Bloods, which is fourteen oh seasons and I started watching it when we got back from Wilmington, and yeah, blitz through it.
Speaker 3: Whoa.
Speaker 9: And he has a full time job, lots of hobbies.
Speaker 3: It's a commitment, yeah, is what it is?
Speaker 8: Impressive.
Speaker 6: How about through a the of the One Tree Hill cast?
Speaker 3: What do you guys think the characters are cast?
Speaker 6: Let's do them both?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I mean I hate saying mouth because what you said last week because he has time right now, I was just.
Speaker 6: Gonna say mouth. Yeah, for the same reason. He's got that kind of time on his hands.
Speaker 4: He doesn't always just as right now in this season in his life, I.
Speaker 6: Could see Clay just yea posting up and watching an entire season of a show in a day. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: He's got a stressful job. There's been a lot of shit going down in his life. Claimed is it just a binge sash?
Speaker 6: He needs a hardcore comfort show, just Ben, Yes.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, a weekend in Cozy's lots of popcorn, couch time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would have been a good and speking about like the real people. I would have been a good candidate for this prior to becoming a parent, because like now as a parent, I have to watch things in like forty five second increments, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and otherwise it's puff and rock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just have Moana on repeat. But it is interesting back in the day because I do that thing too, Simon, where I love to stay up late. It's like my inner teenager comes out and it's like nobody can make me go to bed.
Speaker 4: Watch this is this arbitrary rebellion.
Speaker 3: I do it too.
Speaker 5: It's so dumb, it's so silly, and I know better, but it also feels so exciting. For all the years I felt like I had to play by the rules, And I remember when Dexter was on and I was such a fan of the show, just binge watching on the DVDs because like I started the first season, it had been on for a while. But then I was like, Okay, it's my time to start this show. And it was essentially, you know, pre Netflix watch next episode, a moment for me where I was like, I have the whole DVD set of the whole first season, and I'm going to stay up till six in the morning and figure out who the who's the killer this year? I mean, I was obsessed.
Speaker 3: What sorry what you broke up for a second? What show did you say?
Speaker 5: I said, Dexter When it first came Oh, I started it?
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 5: I don't remember if it was right around when the first season was ending, or if it had ended and it was on hiatus. But I got all the DVDs and then I was just an insomniac.
Speaker 9: That was the first show. My wife and I kind of bond, like watch together as a couple. So you'd fall to sleep and then wake up in the middle of the night and the eerie music would be on the DMA.
Speaker 7: Enjoy you, and then you was in it.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, I was.
Speaker 5: Was that the last season or the second to last, I don't remember, so I think it was the last one.
Speaker 7: I think, my gosh, wild it's coming back.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, yeah, oh, my gosh. Wow.
Speaker 4: Well, guys, tune over to the Ravens pop over there, and you're going to hear the rest of us, the rest of our answers to their questions inquiring minds want to know. Thank you so much guys for coming to Thank you, Drama Queens.
Speaker 5: Thanks to see you on your show.
Speaker 8: Shortly, thank you, thank you absolute pleasure.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 5: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's O.
Speaker 4: T H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 3: See you next time.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama Girl Drama Girl, all about them high school Queens will take you for a ride, and our comic girl.
Speaker 4: Cheering for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama Queens raise my girl of girl fashion.
Speaker 3: With your tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queise, Drama Queens, Drama Drama Queens, Drama Queens