Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones waterback.
Speaker 4: It is our number two here at Kentucky Sports Radio eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven at Chos Bar and Grill. You know, we sell food here at Chaos Bar and Grill, but sometimes people bring.
Speaker 5: Us other food as well.
Speaker 4: Jeff's Donuts over here just brought us donuts for all the Owen County students and they are eating it up right for lunch. They're gonna spoil dead lunch if they're not careful, but still it's still good.
Speaker 2: Our mothers would not like that, would we eating a sweet before lunch? You're gonna spoil your dinners?
Speaker 4: Always ask why they would say that. It just means I'll eat more. It's not gonna spoil anything. Drew.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, aren't you mister sweets for breakfast over here.
Speaker 2: I love a good donut, and I love Jeff's Donuts. They're very good.
Speaker 4: They are very very good. Eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Let's go over a couple things here before we get going. Vince Merrow has interviewed for the Bowling green Head coach job. You know, usually you get through, you get through January and you get through the possible coaching switches and the where is Vince Merrill looking? But because Bowling Green's coach went to work for an NFL team, they have a job. I've kind of heard that it's very unlikely Bowling Green could afford to take a you know, somebody making what Vince does, but you know, totally understand why you would do that if it were to come up. I think those jobs drew are not what they once were because of innil. I mean, at school like Bowling Green, if you develop anybody, they're gone. So I mean, I think, actually think those jobs are not as attractive as they once were. I think if you want to go to a school like that, now you got to be like this is where I want to coach forever because it makes it's just very hard with you. You just can't keep players.
Speaker 6: And with this one in particular, whoever gets that job, you're in a tough spot. Just getting hired right as springball is starting. I mean, I'm sure the roster is what it is, but their coach just left last week. I think he went to the Eagles, So I mean, with Vince, it's probably gonna be a pay cut no matter what. You also have to consider how hard it will be to kind of get going now the march is already here.
Speaker 4: I mean, I understand why that dude would have taken a job with the Eagles.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, that's kind.
Speaker 4: Of a terrible thing to do to your players, right, Like, all of your players have already decided to come, and you got a lot of people to transfer in and then you just leave.
Speaker 5: Like, that's gotta be a hard situation.
Speaker 2: I think that's why this is. This is so odd to have a coaching search like this right here, right before spring football starts. This is kind of an odd time of year for it to happen.
Speaker 4: But I mean, he took a job yeap with the Eagles, and that's what it is which brings me the second thing. Jay Lucas gets the job with Miami. Former Kentucky assistant coach now duke coach. We've talked many times about what he means to this show, but what he is leaving the team before the NCAA tournament. He is leaving after the Carolina game Saturday, And when they gave us but a statement about it, he was like, look, with the transfer portal, I gotta go get a roster gotta be ready. He was like, and if Duke goes to the championship game, transfer season is gonna be going for two or three weeks. He said, I owe it to Miami to go, and as far as Duke, they don't need a half attention assistant coach. I've never heard of a coach leaving before the NCAA tournament, but Drew, I kind of understand why he has to do it, don't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, weird circumstances here. I mean, they're not just in the tournament, they're one of the tournament favorites of one seed. You'd think you'd want to see that through. But I completely understand just what I was saying about football. You don't want to get a late start on your first season as a coach somewhere, So I can understand why he'd want to get to Miami as quickly as possible.
Speaker 4: How would you feel, Ryan if Alvin Brooks or Jason Hart here or at Kentucky was to say I'm leaving right before the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 2: Think and if he goes to a school in our conference like Lucas is doing, I think you in the conference, you little betrayed you know, I think you know you're you're you're one of us right now, So act do you blame me? I honestly, you don't know what else he's supposed to do with the transfer portal that makes the difference in the world right there. He has to be on top of that to build his roster for next.
Speaker 4: Year, because I mean, presumably he's gonna have to get a whole new roster. So it's just a weird situation. But I get it. I do. I get why he would have to do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if it happened here, I wouldn't blame it at all, completely understand, and I would think that, you know, no disrespect to assistance. They do good work, but it shouldn't affect you too much if one of them had to step away right as the tournament starting.
Speaker 5: One person rights Matt.
Speaker 4: I am determined with my wife that we're gonna go to the first and second round wherever it is. We're gonna that way, we can visit a new city and we're gonna make that a thing we do every year. Wherever the first and second round for Kentucky is, that's where we're going. So where do you think we're gonna go. I was looking at this. This is kind of how I think it plays out. If we beat Missouri then and I think we will end up in either Milwaukee or Providence. If we lose to Missouri, I think we'll end up in either Providence or Denver.
Speaker 5: So I think Providence.
Speaker 4: If you were making a bet, I'd say Providence Rhode Island is the best bet. But I think win, you might add Milwaukee. Lose, you might add Denver. That's kind of how I look at.
Speaker 6: The new Bractology just came out and then already moved us to the four in the West. I do not want that, but uh, maybe if you went on Saturday and get out.
Speaker 5: Of that four in the West, go to Seattle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or doesn't he didn't have the cities for the first round. It's just the how do we move? That's what I'm wondering. He's got us drop into the thirteenth seed, but we won completely agree. Wait about five minutes ago.
Speaker 4: Who won? Who did he move ahead of us to the eleven or the twelve?
Speaker 6: Saint John's is the twelve, but I thought he had the eleven them as the eleven before, So.
Speaker 4: Well, who's ahead? Did somebody get a big win. Who's at eleven or ten or something like that.
Speaker 6: Ten's A and M. Well, I guess the B A and M, then.
Speaker 4: A, Yeah, because A and M beat UT.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well then John's so.
Speaker 4: We got passed by A and M, and A and M is gonna beat LSU probably on set. That's another one. If you want to root for the best thing for Kentucky, you probably want to root LSU to pull off.
Speaker 5: The upset at home against A and M. So there you go. So that would move us.
Speaker 4: Still, though, even if we were the four in the West, I still think Drew we would end up in Denver. We wouldn't end up in Seattle if we were the first.
Speaker 6: That will change if you beat Missouri and you know you'll go up, and if you lost to Missouri you're gonna end up before Anyway, I still think you win a couple in the SEC, and you if you beat Missouri, win a couple there. One of the big teams you can get all up to. Heck, if you be like a Florida or Tennessee, maybe you get all the way up to two.
Speaker 4: So Providence, Milwaukee, and Denver. How do you feel about those cities?
Speaker 2: Uh, we've been to Denver a couple of times. You know both the KSR curse in Denver, so I'm okay with that one. I've never been to either one Milwaukee or Providence to Milwaukee.
Speaker 6: Never been.
Speaker 4: I think Milwaukee for listeners, and I think Milwaukee is the coolest city that people don't think is a cool city.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we're close to here, Like like if I were to say Milwaukee, you wouldn't think that's a cool place. But it's got like, it's got some nice nature areas. There's a lot of golf courses that are very close to it, a lot of breweries in Milwaukee, nice little area just north of downtown that has a ton of bars and is a really cool like scene.
Speaker 5: I actually think Milwaukee's kind of a cool place.
Speaker 6: When we did this exercise a few weeks ago and ranked our cities, I had Milwaukee in Denver at one and two. I've been to Milwaukee for a weekend, had an absolute blast there. I'm hoping that's the case now.
Speaker 4: Providence, on the other hand, I don't know, man, but that's the kind of city I like to go to because I can guarantee you there'll never be a day in my life that I say, I want to go to Providence like ever, and so if I end up there, you know, it might rhyand it might be the only time we ever get to do it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: I thought that way about Boise. I said, I'm never gonna be in Boise, Idaho ever again. And yet we all really really enjoyed our trip out to Boise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and for the NCAA tournament, you're there three or four days hopefully, so you get He.
Speaker 2: Did say something that makes a difference for me. You said, Milwaukee, it's kind of walkable where the arena is. That could be cold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it might be cold up there, depending on how it goes. Who's up next, Chad? Chad? How are you? Chad? Right?
Speaker 7: A great first time Colin who was Colin was calling to peeback of what you guys were talking about earlier. Elton Scott out of Marion County was one of the best players I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: Played with Anthony Apps, and then Elton Scott went Anthony Apps went to Kentucky. That's right, yes, sir.
Speaker 7: We also talked about Dante Allen. Dante Smith was his father at North hard and he didn't get missed the basketball, but he was amazing and they went on to play College Boss too, and I think Elton ended up in West Virginia after top forty eight in Louisville. Last thing I wanted to say if I could, is, after watching Missouri, I feel like I feel really good.
Speaker 4: About that win.
Speaker 7: I feel like we can go into Missouri, get away in and keep that momentum going into the tournament. And I don't want to play Tennessee three times. I'm so sick with Zigler.
Speaker 4: You know, are you let me ask you that? Would you what would you think about playing Tennessee again? Are you if you saw that in the bracket? I appreciate the call. Would you feel confident playing Tennessee again? Brillant?
Speaker 6: I mean looking at them as a top tier team. If it's Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, or Alabama, I want Tennessee every time. I know they say it's hard to win three games against the team in one season, but I just feel like they can't score enough points against Kentucky. Even if Kentucky's not defending that well, Tennessee just struggles offensively.
Speaker 2: Tennessee is the best defensive team in the country and yet somehow in both games, Kentucky's found a way to beat, you know, score the basketball. So they've got they got a little magic mojo, I think with Tennessee. So they don't scare me. We got to play them a third time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's up next?
Speaker 8: Let's go to Bubba Bubba?
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 9: Any first time? Long time? Who said earlier the kid from Trinity you pronounced his name? It was Nathan Goodoney.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 9: And also I was listening to when you were talking about the loft and kid from Tennessee, Uh with a testicular cancer. Well, I'm a testicular cancer survivor of forty years that back then, the cure rate was the expected. You know, there was only like a two percent chance that you weren't going to make it. But when you're sitting there with a i'v stuck in your arm, somebody's going to make up a two percent, you're kind of wondering who it's going to be. But it is very curable. Uh, Like I said, ninety eight percent cure rate would through a couple of surgeries and uh, three or four months worth of chemo, you could you could do it. But uh, he wasn't feeling real well when he was playing basketball. So but it takes a lot out of you.
Speaker 4: But well, I appreciate the info and glad that you uh survived were a survivor as well. And uh, you know the fact Lofton played through that I'm actually looking I got I can't stand Tennessee. Appreciate the call, but I am actually looking forward to doing that. I think, you know, when we talked the other day about our favorite Tennessee player at Kentucky, I think if you ask most fans, all of them would say Chris Loten, because you know, he's one of us, a Kentucky kid, and it seemed like a really nice guy and unfortunately lit us up every time we played him.
Speaker 2: He's such a great guy too, and he's kind of settled back here in Lexington now that he's playing. Days are over, works out with a lot of kids out there at the Sports Center complex. Just a really really good person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've seen him around lexingon a lot. Everybody has good things to say about him. If you can just turn off the fact that he wore that orange jersey for a few years, I think he's a great guy all right.
Speaker 4: So for the folks here at Owen County. I wore I put on my Owen County rebels. Yes, hoodie, there we go. Yes, I remember I went to Owen County doing the book and everybody was very, very nice. I actually went to the school when I did it. So we've ended up like you know, there's a triangle in Lexington, Northern Kentucky, Louisville and Lexington and then kind of right in the middle. A lot of people don't go or know those counties. Owen is one, like Henry, I think, is one in in that area. Gallatin's on the way between Louisville and and UH and Cincinnati, and then Carroll County and all those and those are places that, honestly Ryan, until I did the book, I don't know that I'd really been to any of those places. Went to all of them, and it's a really nice group of people right there that's kind of in the middle of the triangle of population.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you asked it been one of the breaks, who's your rival? And they all said, all those schools you just mentioned. He said, what Gallaton, Henry and Carroll and Carroll. Yea, so those we did.
Speaker 4: Wendell Berry is from Henry County, that's right up there next to him. And I wrote him probably five times to try to get him to talk to me the book.
Speaker 5: Never no response, no response ever.
Speaker 4: But he's like a like a recluse, like he kind of does his own thing. It is his his daughter wrote us back. But I think he kind of does his own thing.
Speaker 6: I will always associate Owen County with Mario's day because we sent him for two hours, and I remember I texted him at like seven pm. I was like, are you still there? Are you ever coming home? Or are you just now live in Owen County? And he loved every minute of it.
Speaker 5: He went to every he went to every part of it.
Speaker 6: Was there like a men's suit shop or something too.
Speaker 5: That, yeah, yeahright to the suit shop. He went to the bar.
Speaker 4: He said the bar wasn't hopping, but it was at Tuesday afternoon, so that that that's that's probably why it wasn't. But thanks to the Owen County folks for coming out Corn Brett hamp tomorrow. What's the address?
Speaker 2: Oh, he justs sent to this Cheff Avenue.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I asked you to have it out and ready for when I when I threw it to you.
Speaker 2: Forty six twelve, forty six twelve Chef Avenue.
Speaker 5: All right, so forty six twelve and Scheff is like s C h U f F.
Speaker 4: It's correct Chef Avenue where they're in Louisville. Tomorrow they're giving out free samples in all honesty, Like I can't believe they're letting you all come because I didn't really think it was a public thing.
Speaker 5: But like you, it's one of the cooler places.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 5: I been because you can watch the.
Speaker 4: Production because they do it all like by hand, like they pour for the gummies.
Speaker 5: They pour the molds into the little things.
Speaker 4: And cut them and put the little sugar on it and then put it in the boxes. You can see every step of the production. And you know you like most companies don't let you do that. So there So tomorrow forty six twelve Chef Avenue and then they will be giving samples as well for KSR. But it's back for those of you who live in Louisville, it's kind of back there. It's close to OVW, Shannon, it's back there next to Shepherds. It's very close to OVW actually, but it's kind of back there, and you gotta you gotta have your map on to find it. Sor right.
Speaker 6: We like a good show in Louisville. It's been a while since we've been there. Always get good crowds and with everything they're gonna be given away and stuff you can see. I think this will be a popular one.
Speaker 4: And if you want to order cornbread, hip dot com promo code KSR thirty percent off your first order. These kids are already digging in their cheese lugs over here to the right. We will take a break and be right back. It's Kentucky Sports Radio. Walk back. It is Kentucky Sports Radio eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Good mix of the Owen County High School folks and then people eating food and drinking beer at the bar and ks bar is open if you want to come out. Tomorrow, by the way, is a huge day uh in UK sports. The UK women will play at two thirty in the SEC tournament. We're gonna have a thing here for people to watch the game. So the UK women play at two thirty. Then the UK Gymnastics has their meat that night at Memorials, so you can come by before or after, and the rodeo, the rodeo is tonight and tomorrow at Rapperina. So there ain't nothing wrong with the rodeo. I guess that was the radio was the song. Nevertheless, the rodeo is at is that Roperina in the baseball game tomorrow and a baseball so I conceivably could break out my cowboy hat and really like make an impact.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I will do that or not.
Speaker 2: You ever been to a rodeo?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we went.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed here. I think, didn't we I really enjoyed it. I mean, those guys are nuts.
Speaker 5: All right, Shannon.
Speaker 4: I want to read you a bill, you know the Kentucky legislatures in I want to read you a bill that's being offered and see what you think of an amendment that was offered to the bill. Are you ready, Shannon?
Speaker 8: Read it?
Speaker 4: There's a there's a female legislator that has proposed making marijuana legal for recreational use. Okay, so that would mean you could use it no matter what. We've become one of the states where you could use marijuana, and that it is unlikely to.
Speaker 5: Pass, but they she's she has brought it up.
Speaker 4: Now, you know the way the legislative process is then people can make amendments to change your bill. Yes, would you like to hear a change that a that a legislator has has wanted to make to the marijuana bill? It's okay. So the ferson that filed it is named Nima Kulkarney and Steve done filed this change. Here we go. It would add this sentence, any cannabis or marijuana guaranteed under this action shall be odorless. Okay, so it would make the marijuana be odorless. I don't even can you do that?
Speaker 8: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I don't even know that there would be a way to do that.
Speaker 6: You couldn't when we were in Denver.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, but he says, now this is the part I like, any cannabis guaranteed under this action shall be odorless because some of y'all puff mad lie to get High's a kite. I'm gonna read this again. This is a legislator wrote, any cannabis guaranteed under this section shall be odorless because some of y'all be puffing mad lie to get High's a kite.
Speaker 2: This is an official amendment.
Speaker 4: This is written by a guy named Steve Doane.
Speaker 5: To see where this guy's.
Speaker 8: From I just want to see a picture of him, Steve.
Speaker 4: Look, let's look it up. Let's look up Steve done here for a second. I got to see what this dude looks. He is from northern Kentucky. This is him right here. He wrote in the legislature, puff mad lie because y'all get high's a kite.
Speaker 5: This this dude right here wrote.
Speaker 2: That maybe he should have somebody proofread that before he submitted.
Speaker 10: Do you think he was like I'm sure he was like trying to be cool. I mean, I don't think that's a mistake. I don't think you need anybody to proof read it. That's what he wanted to say.
Speaker 4: But this dude right here wanted to write puff mad lie to be hiza ky.
Speaker 8: He sounds like somebody that has experience doing that.
Speaker 4: It sounds like Michael Scott on the office. You'll be puffing mad lied to be highs.
Speaker 2: A cop on a legal document, a legal amendment.
Speaker 4: And that's an official amendment with the Kentucky Legislature.
Speaker 6: So in thirty one hundred years from how people could look back at that and that's how it was written.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not gonna happen, but in theory that could pass and be in our laws, and a judge one day would have a court case come for him and he'd go, are you all puffing mad lie to be highza Kai?
Speaker 6: I think he's hurting his chances of writing it like that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just picturing whoever has to read this on the house for oh.
Speaker 5: I want to see that, you know they do.
Speaker 4: They have a thing where the person it's called an official reading, and the it's I think it's like an older woman and she gets I'm not kidding you. They have a thing where they have to stand up and read it officially. I've got to see this woman get up and say a puff mad lie to be Hizaki?
Speaker 6: Can we do the show there, sit up in the balcony like we did forv W Day.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't even know that was a phrase, puff mad lie, not at all. I didn't either.
Speaker 5: So Steve Doane, he's a.
Speaker 4: Republican elected in northern Kentucky from Boone and Kent. Wow, there you go. Who knew? Who's up next?
Speaker 8: Let's go to Dave Dave Go ahead, Dave.
Speaker 11: Hey, guys, a big fan of your show. Thanks for taking my call. Is it okay if I asked Kentucky football question is all right, Yeah, I know. I was a season ticket hope last year, and I'm remember you talking about coach Stupe will be in maybe to do an interview. I'm really looking forward.
Speaker 5: So we've already done that.
Speaker 4: He's going to come in Tuesday, so Mark Stoops, we'll be doing an interview with us. We have to do it in studio because of what you know, the Jay and my stuff, but we will will be doing it next Tuesday.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 11: I didn't usually get to listen during the day, but I'm excited about that. I'm really concerned listening to you talk about this big ten stuff. Of course the NIL. I'm really concerned about the football program. My question is do you a lot of stuff's been going on with Meryl this year, a lot of rumors about different jobs. Do you think that's like a a red potential red flag for the future of our program. I'm really concerned about Kentucky football. I've always believed we can be a competitive team in the mid tier of the SEC and occasionally make that playoff run. And I just want to hear from students like what he believes in this program.
Speaker 4: I am concerned. I appreciate to call. I think this is the most important year for UK football since the first couple of years for Stoops. I think when you consider the nil piece, when you consider the twenty two million being paid to athletes starting next year, when you consider the fact that like the ACC has just gone to where the best teams get more money than the other teams, and you got to think the SEC and Big ten are going to consider that when you think of all those things, I like, this is a big year, Drew. I think it's just that's a fact, like this is a major, major year.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: With the point about guys looking for other jobs, I have wondered if they see that just this is winding down, whether it be this year, next year on Stoops terms, not on Stoop terms, because you've had a lot of assistance. Lead Brad White was rumored places. This is what Vince's at least third interview that we know of. So it does make me wonder what they know internally that they all seem to be looking elsewhere for just in case.
Speaker 2: And you know you're when you're looking at next year, you know you lost your three best defensive players, you lost some of your main offensive weapons. I mean, you got a lot of new faces you're plugging in next year.
Speaker 4: You do, and they better not puff mad lie to be heiza cut. If they can't be doing that, We'll take a break and be right back here at kas Bars. Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 8: T J Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 4: He'll make them pay.
Speaker 3: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 8: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome back Tucky Sports Radio. Uh as somebody here in the crowd mate, uh mentioned I think it'd be funny to watch that bill being read with the sign language person.
Speaker 6: Made on how you show that the lie is mad? That'd be a tough one to get to be like that. I didn't do this.
Speaker 8: Show it on your face that you're mad.
Speaker 4: Owen County's basketball district. Let's see how you can do. There are one, two, three, four, five six teams in Owen Counties basketball district. Can you name you?
Speaker 2: I'monna go with the ones we already talked about. Henry County. There's one, Gallen County's two Gallanton County.
Speaker 5: Gallons three, uh.
Speaker 2: Grant County, no, Carroll County.
Speaker 4: Four two more uh, one county, one city. Oh, a city, Covington. No, what there's seven. Oh, I don't know the.
Speaker 2: Seven schools in the district. No hints, no hints, I won't look away. Uh, I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it causes me to huh it's a that's a that's a gospel sign. Sometimes it causes me to throw up.
Speaker 5: The name of the the name of the count.
Speaker 6: You think there's a.
Speaker 4: Gospel song that says.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it causes me to.
Speaker 4: School. No, sometimes it causes me to drew travel. Yeah, well, I thought that was a pretty good hint. That was good.
Speaker 6: That was a good hint.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when you're referring to royalty, you might say, thank you my.
Speaker 2: Lord.
Speaker 4: Okay, but there's not a city called Lord. I'm trying to help you to places in Kentucky. Thank you, my.
Speaker 2: King.
Speaker 4: There's not a city called king. Think about the name of a school, Drew. Some you're like you might bow and go thank you. You're like, okay, closer, Shannon, anybody, I mean, they know it sounds like Lord Imminence was a tough You should have gotten the trump.
Speaker 2: That's a big district that they playing up there, though it is.
Speaker 5: I thought those were pretty good hints.
Speaker 4: Around the Horn, the TV show will be canceled on May twenty third. It has been on for twenty four years and it is going away. Are you sad to see the end of a stat boy Tony really? Uh? And Around the Horn?
Speaker 2: I haven't watched it Around the Horn in twenty four years, so I will not miss it even for a little bit.
Speaker 4: You've never watched it.
Speaker 2: When it first came on. I remember I watched a couple of times. Woody Page, Is he still on the show? That's what I thought. I thought he's still on. He's been doing it all. She's like every he's been on there for all twenty four years.
Speaker 4: When it first started, it was like Jay Marriotti, that's a name from the past, Woody Page, Bob Ryan would be honest, he would back then, Tim Tim Kallis Shaw yep. And then there was a guy in La I think jaa Donde did it a lot? Yes he did, Yes he did. But are you sad to see it go?
Speaker 6: I'm not sad.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't do the daytime p and TV haven't done it many years, but when it was new, I didn't miss it. I don't know why. I loved the concept, but when he would just mute people when he didn't like what they were saying, it was entertaining television. I just think it got a little dry over the time.
Speaker 4: Where do you think appreciate the call comes from? It's like it's my version of the mute button. It was good. I think it kind of wore out its welcome, like it probably went a little long, But I thought in general it was good. I uh, I was always hoping the one time get on it, and the other day I turned it on and om yummi suck was on it and was good.
Speaker 5: Man. That dude gets me on everything.
Speaker 6: The few times I've turned it on in the last year, I'll be honest, I didn't know the four people that were on there. Maybe I'm just out of touch with ESPN personalities, but it's not what it was in the early days.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably true. All right. I also have a question here. It's a good question you all in the crowd could answer for yourselves too, Matt. We always talk about things we like. How about this.
Speaker 5: What do you all think is the worst sport to watch on television?
Speaker 4: What's sport would you want to watch less than any other, and it can't be something crazy.
Speaker 5: It has to be something that is actually a sport that's on television.
Speaker 4: So what is you said? Baseball?
Speaker 6: Man's bad for the future of the sport. If you say baseball, what sport do you think is the worst to watch?
Speaker 4: I'll give you mine. And I hate to say this because it's a very popular sport for like two weeks every four years, But I don't enjoy figure skating. I don't enjoy it. I'm actually it makes me nervous because I'm always worried everyone's gonna fall, and I also don't really understand what's good.
Speaker 5: And then I just I have never been.
Speaker 4: Able to watch figure skating, except when Tanya Harding attacks attack Nancy Carrigan. That was kind of exciting. Do you have one?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make some people mad.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: I can't watch soccer. I've just never been a soccer fan.
Speaker 8: Where were you last week?
Speaker 2: No, I would go out there and not know anything what's going on, but just go out there for the experience. So you know, watch it on TV.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't want to watch like a European soccer game with the crowds chanting and people jumping up and down and they're singing songs. You just have no interest in that.
Speaker 2: I think that's something you gotta be there. You got to go and experience like you went when you were overseas and.
Speaker 4: When I went to the Euros this summer. I'm not just saying this, the Euros, the European Soccer Championships were the best. One of the top three fan experiences I've ever had. I'm talking like a great college basketball game, like in the final four, the Ryder Cup and that those are probably the best things I've ever been to from a sporty persent.
Speaker 2: And then you say like you kind of got you lucked out. Every home team you were at the event, they won every.
Speaker 4: Game I went to. I was sitting in the section of the team that won. That's crazy, and so it made it to where it was very exciting.
Speaker 5: But you're not your watching.
Speaker 2: I'm not watching on TV.
Speaker 4: What about you, Drew.
Speaker 6: A month ago, I would have said hockey, but I got so into USA Canada. I'm practically a hockey fan. Now I'm saying baseball. I'm with you, you can't watch baseball. I love going to a baseball game. You'll see me Kentucky Proud Park for most of them. But watching it on television, I think it is so boring.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See, I watch a Reds game though every night, Like now, I agree with you. If it's just two random teams, if it's like the Twins versus the Astros, I can't watch it. But if but I watch every Reds game this year. If i'm if I'm home.
Speaker 6: So the soccer point, I will turn on a soccer match. I don't even need to know who the teams are. I can just sit and watch soccer. I know that's probably weird to a lot of people, but I'll turn on Premier League. I don't even have a team I really care for, and whoever's playing, I can sit and watch.
Speaker 4: That they sing.
Speaker 5: I think helps a lot for me and it Shannon, what's your least favorite.
Speaker 3: GOLFF knows it's boring. They're trying to change it up and do indoor golf. That's how boring they know they are.
Speaker 4: Let me just say about the indoor golf. I think it's awful. I don't understand why people like it. I think it's awful. Like I read that they don't even think that the shot tracer works. That's the whole point I've wondered about that. No, I mean the pros say they don't. The pros are kind of like whispering, like they want it to work, but they're like, I don't think the ball goes where I've actually hit it.
Speaker 2: Well, I can believe that that does kind of defeat the purpose of what the Indoor League's post about.
Speaker 4: It's really boring. I mean, I maybe it's not for me, but I turned it on. Most of those guys have the personality of cardboard and I just I think it's just I think it's just boring.
Speaker 2: Looks like they've always they've got good crowds though people are coming to watch.
Speaker 4: I mean they're coming to like drink and party. Yeah, I just can't imagine people think that's it's on TV. I do not think it works.
Speaker 6: I watch it, but I'll admit I'll be surprised if it exists in a year. I watch it just because I'm a big golf fan, and it goes pretty quickly. And there's a few teams that are entertaining, like Tigers with Tom Kim and Max Homo. They were pretty funny in the last one. But I can I don't have much shot to make them for a last ting.
Speaker 5: You don't even like watching like the masters, not even into like the master.
Speaker 8: It's a natural cure for insomnia. If I want a good nap, put.
Speaker 5: All the masters, all right, pear enough.
Speaker 4: Who's next?
Speaker 5: Jerry, Jerry, go ahead, Jerry, Jerry?
Speaker 4: All right? No, Jerry, who's there?
Speaker 8: This is all Jerry's fault. Bob and Jamestown.
Speaker 4: Jerry yep two A twenty two eighty seven. All right, Bob and Jamestown, before you start. The Ladies of ks R who I love that group. You can follow them on Facebook. They're a wonderful group of women, and they like they've become friends like. The Ladies of ks are a great group. They I value their opinion. They say that I am mean to you, and I don't want to be mean to you. I mean, I do, but I don't want to be mean to you, and I like them. I trust their judgment. So I'm gonna let you have the floor, Bob, no commentary from me.
Speaker 12: Vawn Rose Peach daughter has been in contact with Baseball a missioner, and now the President says he's going to pardon the conviction of Pete over that income tax thing to make it where he can get in the house saying do you think this is going to be the year that the hit king makes me?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well, old me would have said we did this topic two days ago, but knew me post ladies of KSR ME will just act like we didn't and say yes. I do think Pete Rose will end up getting on the ballot, But Ryan, no, I don't think he'll get voted in because the baseball writers are kind of a you know, they haven't let him Barry Bonds. They haven't let in Roger Clemens. So I don't know how I appreciate the call. If you don't let him Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, who did not go to federal prison and did not risk the integrity of the sport beyond like cheating, I don't know how you can let him Pete Rose. So until they let them in, I can't imagine they're gonna let Pete Rose.
Speaker 2: But I think they all should be in good to me to hear Bob's story that his daughter is picking up the fight, gonna try to, like you said, fight the good fight, get him on the ballot. If nothing else, I don't know, maybe the Veterans Committee down the road.
Speaker 4: May I think the Veterans Committee it has to be like fifteen years after you die or something.
Speaker 6: So it's a it's a way he's away. Are we reenacting what we did Tuesday? Because I believe I said Oj Simpson's in the Football Hall of Fame. You know, it's not about how they are as people, it's exactly what they did on the field.
Speaker 5: Do you agree they won't they won't vote him in.
Speaker 4: I mean, if they don't vote in Bonds and Clemens, they're not gonna vote in pe Rose. That's what I see.
Speaker 2: Because you open up that door, you're gonna all those that whole era of baseball players are.
Speaker 4: Why don't they just do that? Just take Bonds, Clemens McGuire, I mean, Sosa. I look Kurt Shilling. Kurt Shilling seems like a dude that I would despise. But it seems like to me they don't let Kurt Shilling in just because they don't like his Twitter account. Yeah, I mean, that's not a reason not to let somebody in, Like, you know, just because he has different politic views and you like, that doesn't mean he's not supposed to be in the Hall of Fame. To me, you just let Bond's, Clemens, Maguire, Shilling, and Rose in. Just let them all in at once and have like a convicts day and then and then move on.
Speaker 2: Have you heard Bob Costas's solution? He wants to make just a wing of the Hall of Fame with a big sign before you went. Know, this is the era of the steroid era. These are players that playing to play steroid era.
Speaker 5: And now are you gonna get people in there though, who didn't use steroids?
Speaker 4: Like, I mean, I'm fine with that, but then are you gonna put the guys that people don't think you steroids in there? Because at some point, if you're gonna say these are steroids guys, you need to at least have proof.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, Well a guy that's very good playery you have no proof of he.
Speaker 4: Was on Benny Bonds. Drives me crazy because Barry Pon's was never suspended. I'm sure he used steroids, Okay, I'm not acting like he did, but he never got tested neck, he never was tested for it. He never got suspended, And I don't understand like they're just convicting him with no try like I feel like that you can't do.
Speaker 6: That rightletly agree they need to get over themselves. I think this steroid wing would be dumb because there's probably guys that are putting the other part of the building that also cheated and just didn't get caught, So it'll be hards of cheating.
Speaker 4: We like embrace, like we all laugh at the dudes who like through the spitball and stuff like that. That's cheating too, isn't. We got a.
Speaker 6: Spitball chamber in the Hall of Fame just for them.
Speaker 4: Hey, stop overpaying for sunglasses. Check out Shady Rays. If like you're in Lexton, you drive the show tomorrow in Louisville, you'll pass the Shady Race. That building has gotten huge off the interstate. Is Shady rais an independent American owned company starting right here in Kentucky.
Speaker 5: Shady Rais got great glasses.
Speaker 4: They advertise here, they advertise on pardon my take, They advertise everywhere, and it started right here in Shepherdsville. Go to Shady Rays Shady Rays dot com, or the Louisville and Lexington location. It's Shady Rays. We'll take a break, come back final segment here at kaspar It's Kentucky Sports Radio. Welcome Back Tucky Sports Radio. Final segment. Here at Chaos Bar, is there somebody in here named Charles? Charles? I got a message on the text machine. I'm not gonna say your last name for your benefit. Okay. Uh Hey, Matt, my buddy Charles is there. Could you tell him to please leave the bar and get back to work? Charles? That's all right, Charles, You know what, who cares about work? The only problem I see nothing wrong with you being here. The only problem is he says you're a Duke fan? Is that right? Okay, thank you very much. All right, then you're you're you're good man.
Speaker 2: What kind of friend is that? Calling him a Duke fan and calling him out for being here instead of being at work?
Speaker 4: Right, I'm glad Charles is here. You could tell you, but your friend tried to embarrass you and he hung he hungs hanks tight.
Speaker 6: I actually talked to Charles during the break. I don't know how he has two laptops out with multiple spreadsheets going, but it's pretty impressive how much work.
Speaker 5: You can do a lot of work over there, so I uh, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: One person, DraftKings, we gotta make our Draft Kings pick tonight. You go to DraftKings use promo co KSR. I'm not really sure. There's a lot of women's basketball tournament games. I don't really know, so I guess.
Speaker 2: We'll pick Missouri Valley Conference starts today. Evansville and Murray State.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do that Evansville since that's the one you want. Evansville and Murray State. I'll pull up the line here. What do we need to know about the game?
Speaker 2: I think both teams struggled this year, if I'm not mistaken, So I'm gonna go Murray State.
Speaker 6: The Racers. Uh is this like in Saint Louis? Do they still do arch arch mad Madness?
Speaker 4: Curry State.
Speaker 5: It's a five and a half point favored against Evansville.
Speaker 2: Okay, Murray State to cover.
Speaker 6: Evansville hasn't been that good since they quit wearing the T shirt jerseys. So I'm going with no, I will go Evansville. I'm going with Evansville.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go Murray State. I have been I think you went with me once, Drew. I've been to arch mat Yeah, we had a great time. I had a blast arch Madness in Saint Louis is an awesome, fun event that Drew and I went to. I've been twice, I think, and I've had a blast both times. Shannon Evansville or Murray.
Speaker 3: State Evansville eleven and twenty, Murray State fifteen and sixteen a couple of powerhouses.
Speaker 8: But I'm going Murray State here.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you who needs to be watching arch madness is is Drake still in the Missouri Valley?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like the favorite, I think so Bubble.
Speaker 4: Teams like Arkansas and Texas.
Speaker 5: They need to what.
Speaker 4: They need Drake to win, because if Drake doesn't win the Missouri Valley, they'll probably get an out large bit and steal one from from So like you, if you're like an Arkansas fan, you're watching the Missouri Valley hoping Drake can win.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I would hate for Arkansas to miss the tournament. If Drake didn't win that conference, that would be awful for.
Speaker 4: Those of you listening. One of the things I would like for my listeners. I'm going to be right after the season. You know, I'm going to Amsterdam and to the Hague, but I'm also spending like five or six days traveling around Holland and the Netherlands. If you all have ever been, who can suggest things to do outside of Amsterdam and the Hague, Please send me a message and let me know.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited about that trip coming up.
Speaker 4: I am. I'm very much looking forward to it. If I'm nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven, who's next year? Jay Rock, Jay Rock? Go ahead?
Speaker 6: Hey what?
Speaker 13: First off, I got two things. The worst sport to watch on TV has to be Slippery Stairs on the O Show. I don't know if you've ever seen.
Speaker 4: It with you. I think it's funny those people fall down the stairs.
Speaker 13: And second off, I listen every day and I don't pay attention. But we need to talk about what's real important. That is Pete Rose getting in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 5: He's the best man.
Speaker 4: All right, So tomorrow we are at at cornbrat Hill. But let me ask you in general about Saturday against Missouri.
Speaker 5: Do you feel good?
Speaker 4: You think Kentucky's got a shot to go win, Probably gonna be three and a half four point underdog something like that.
Speaker 6: Oh, definitely, even without Robinson, I think they're still a good team. Missouri's lost with three out of four they're going the wrong direction as March is here, So I think the Cats will be in it. I think it gonna come down to the wire.
Speaker 2: They get the same production from Garrison, Almanor and Colin Chandler off the bench. That just makes him so much better without Jackson Robinson.
Speaker 5: What if I told you, do you know what the term in basketball is you rate?
Speaker 4: Do you know what that is? I'm sure how it's basically, it's basically what it says, when you're on the floor, how often do you hold the like get the ball?
Speaker 5: How often do you shoot? How often are you part of the offense.
Speaker 4: What if I told you that on Kentucky's basketball team, the fourth highest usage rate of any player is Brandon Garrison?
Speaker 2: Really well, I guess because when he comes in, they you know, him and Mario's initiate the offense a lot and the balls in their hands.
Speaker 4: You think that's a good thing that that Brandon Garrison has the fourth highest usage rate.
Speaker 6: I think Ryan Noll that just with Pope's high post offense, the big guys getting a lot more touches than they are at most.
Speaker 5: School all my Butler's number one of Maray Williams is number two.
Speaker 6: I think that Mari's like ranked nationally, He's way up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have predicted that Butler was won and Mari two. And I bet it's close because when Butler was out of Mario did it, that's when he became like our point guard for a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So also the reason I'm confident about it games at noon. It's eleven o'clock local time. I think their fans are going to not be quite as excited because they've lost three last four, and a couple of those have been blowouts. So I do like Kentucky's teams.
Speaker 6: We got tom Hart Magic too. Haven't Hadham since the non conference.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you to all the KASAR listeners for your response to the Kentucky Chambers flood relief efforts. Many of you donated. They've raised a lot of money for disaster assistance programs and others. You can learn more at ky Chamber dot com slash twenty twenty five Storm Relief if you would like to donate. They had their giving it out to various organizations like we did on the tornado and the first flood. Ky Chamber dot com slash twenty twenty five Storm Relief. Thank you, to Owen County for ye here today. All right, you can clap there.
Speaker 6: You go, too much food over there, he's over there.
Speaker 4: You can clap. That's quite a mustache for someone your age. That's a Clay County mustache for being in high school. We'll see you all later. This has been Kentucky Sports Radio. See you tomorrow at Cornbread