Speaker 1: I am your host, William Air Monart Compton. Taylor's at training camp. The boys are rolling just it's just us.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of big shit happening.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of people wondering what's gonna happen with the tailgates this year? Watch parties, everything else. We got good shit in the works.
Speaker 2: Boys. Let's play both sides.
Speaker 1: Let's play pros and cons in it's nil game. If it's an extra fifty bucks a month goes aways? Why are you gonna pick Nebraska over NFL memo on vaccinations?
Speaker 2: This has been a hot topic. Oh shit, I do.
Speaker 1: Anything known to mand to get to a super Bowl. That's a fact. It sounds like he needs to be on Busting with the Boys and we need to ask him the hot questions. I sent out a tweet to ask fans if you guys have any questions.
Speaker 2: Just because you're playing the NFL don't mean.
Speaker 1: You're a millionaire. That's what Busting with the Boys camp about. You think I wasn't scared shitless to start Busting with the Boys. I'm confident that I will get a call to play this year. You know, and if everybody wants to know if I'm vaccine hippa. Dude, Welcome to another episode of Busting with Your Boys. I am your host, William Air Monarch Compton, also known as the Wolf, also known as all these different things. Today I'm wearing some uh some j some retro ones. I thought I'd change it up in stunt on some people today. Uh dude, solo pod, the boys are rolling. Just it's just us. We got Blosso in the back, Alex Legos with Legos, Creative, we got JP Hovey, we got Garrett is it Hargest Hargas Hargus. I hate that. I'm sorry, I really am sorry. Hey, he said, running back, running fucking back. Yeah, that's what happens when you want to be meaning me on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Dude, you realize you butchered our name too.
Speaker 4: Pat with your boys, which they are.
Speaker 1: Wait what I say?
Speaker 2: I thought?
Speaker 1: I said busting with the boys. Busting with the boys. Baby. But yeah, man, Taylor, Taylor's at training. Can the boy? I texted him earlier. I asked him howse first couple of days of school we're going? He said, great, hasn't done a whole lot. I asked him if he did the whole conditioning test nasal breathing while staring Vable in the eyes. Got a chuckle out of it. But yeah, man, it's just the boy today and the boys back there. Boss will chime in like he always fucking does. But before we get into everything, this podcast is brought to you by the Chevy Silverado and for all the haters out there, because the haters are I'm in a Chevy read so I can't be cussing because all the haters are sick.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Everybody's like, oh stop posing you drive this, you drive that like the boys are in chevyes. Now, I'm in a Chevy High Country Silverado. Taylor's in a jacked up Chevy what is it?
Speaker 2: A Ridge.
Speaker 1: Rocky Ridge Silverado. You can check out her under the Hood that we posted last week to see how it all went down, how it all unfolded, how they try to disrespect the boy a little bit with the little electric car. But we're in Chevy's now, the strongest, most advanced Silverado ever. The Chevy is strong, advance, dependable, gritty, hard working. There's a lunch pail that comes with it, just like the people who drive them yourself. The design is big bowlding commanding and as always, this truck turns heads a partner with grit determination. You can do many things in the Chevy. You can tailgate, you can haul things like your new big screen TV or all the merchandise I've been delivering to the boys recently. Here to the warehouse, which we'll get into a second, because it's going very well. Towing off, roading, moving day, helping out your friend or family member, road trips. The Chevy Silverado can do it all. This truck is amazing. Go to a Chevy dealership near you. Let him know the boy sent you. Like last week, our boy said one of the boys out there, I forget his name, but shout out the boy. He said he got a free trailer hitch with his Chevy truck purchase.
Speaker 2: That's a high dollar value right there.
Speaker 1: So let him know the boy sents youes are going to hook it up at a trailer hitch and go to a dealership near you. Now that the ad read is over, the boys, we got our Chevy Soverados. You know we're not allowed to completely say Freeland Chevy. We got it at Freeland Chevy.
Speaker 2: Where we went.
Speaker 1: If you go seek out Cameron, he's a great dude or Mike. Uh, great, guys, But seek out the boy Cameron. He's a young lad and he will hook it up.
Speaker 2: Let him know. Hey, comp and Taylor sent me.
Speaker 1: They told me to come to you, and I'm sure he'll finagle he'll finagle you a little bit. They're salesman at the end of the day, but they're good people. Over there, some house cleaning stuff. Fan showing out on YouTube. If you're what's up, bloss, what do you got?
Speaker 4: So we had a little over underrunning.
Speaker 5: That will take the mask off right now? We had an over under And how many times you were gonna say house cleaning today instead of housekeeping?
Speaker 4: So that's one and that's all. That's that's the line.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it. You guys just got a little joke going on back there and blost back there fucking interrupting me. Would you go one like Jesus fucking Christ. Dude, fan showing out on YouTube. If you're watching right now, hit that like button, Smash the like button, subscribe to the boys and leave a comment. You guys are all in the chat right now. Sometimes I jump on in there. Sometimes people get a little mean, go back and forth. I appreciate the pride that you guys have in busting with the boys and not allowing negativity to be in our chat room. But if you're watching, go comment right now. If you're listening, if you're in your chevy, you're listening right now. Pull over, jump into the reviews. Get the reviews of for the Boys, Subscribe on subscribe to all this stuff to boost we got to hack the algorithms. At the end of the day, boys, we need some short term success and we get that when you guys hack the algorithms, and that's how you do it. So if you're on YouTube watching, subscribe to us and leave comments. You guys showed out. We asked the tier ones. We have over fifteen hundred comments last week, and you know we average maybe a couple hundred every week. That's fucking huge. Boys, dude, I'm telling you, I wake up the next couple of days, I think we're a like forty thousand views. It's like, hey, how are the boys going to do when you don't have a guest on how guest driven is this podcast? And how much can the boys put asses in seats watching at home? And we have Where are we at right now? About forty thousand views, which is great news. The audio is good as well. The comments over fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: You guys are crushing it and being a podcast that just runs off of gasoline from you guys and our fans and everybody else.
Speaker 2: It's all about what you guys do.
Speaker 1: So buying the merch the merch By the way, what you guys are saying is a fourth of July shirt. Yes, it's late. We had some deals with the warehouse, the whole saleing, the whole merchandise game that goes on stuff was late. But what is it July twenty six? These are our July twenty six merchandise pieces. Dude, represent America, represent the boys proudly our Hawaiian shirts. Everything's set now you got this Hawaiian shirt, you get the Hawaiian shirt that Thomas Rhet was repping last week. Go buy all of our stuff. And speaking of merch we had a young We had a young lad. Let's see, let me bring this up. He had a little he had a little comment to say, there we go.
Speaker 2: Can we zoom it in?
Speaker 1: Trent Underscore Underscore are just got the trunks in and can say they cradle my balls like I'm getting massage when I sit down. They don't uncuff like other shorts. They stay in place like a soft pillow when you get done fluffing it right after it gets out of laundry. Ten out of ten would recommend again. Well, Trent, why don't you, you know, buy another set and give it to a friend. That's how you do it, if you believe in the products so much, you need to bite again and give it to a friend, gifted to a friend. But our swimming trunks are a whole Hawaiian set. You guys saw me rocking it last week. My sack was showing, uh, very well. But we have a lot of good.
Speaker 2: Merch, you know.
Speaker 1: You know it's been the sneaky number one seller that we never really pub the busts and Pocket's the black one. Yeah, the one that that looks like the Chicago Bulls where it's got the bow tie logo and it's got the little b with the horn steerhorns over it. That's like our best seller, and it's not even close. Our dad hats are doing well. But yeah, that that that Pocket tea right there.
Speaker 5: It's got a bunch of colors now too, The cream ones, the red ones, the gray ones, the blue ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and those the black ones.
Speaker 1: That makes you think of the ninety six Bulls, man, I hope I'm saying that right, ninety five bulls ninety six something like that that your Jordan was playing, not retired. Uh, but yeah, so we should probably pub those more. And that's my fault. I need to relay. I need relay of those kinds of messages to you guys instead of taking a different angle and blaming you guys.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: The flags, dude, I'll tell you what fans are in seats this year.
Speaker 2: Stadiums are gonna be packed.
Speaker 1: I know, you know, old Titans faithful, which is our number one fan base obviously right now. The flags we saw last year with minimal people, the flags better be blowing this year. In Nissan Stadium, Titans called the boy up they might be getting the bus in one of their little videos since it seems to becoming a staple in Nashville, which is would be huge news. The concern was like, I don't know if they want you particularly in the video, and I'm like, hey, look, listen, I get how the game works.
Speaker 2: If you don't need me in the video, it's all good. I get that.
Speaker 1: You know, you just want to show the bus and everything else, but the flags, the bus and the hype video like Nissan Stadium needs to be packed with these boys flags that we got out there, which just you're you know, flying the flags the boys, the bus with the boys, all that stuff, but some good stuff. What else do we have on the housekeeping the house keeping agenda?
Speaker 2: What's next for the pod? What's coming up?
Speaker 1: All right, so as you guys see, I'm sitting by myself, I'm in I'm in this little limbo of when I could be leaving, and for right now I'm here, I'm training, I'm doing all this stuff. We're thinking about keeping pods current and up to date to do so we need to do pods like this to where I am on my own and you see, you know, data and numbers the boys were in the war room. We're strategizing how we should approach it. But we have about five pods in the work for you guys. We have Dale Earnhardt came on and he's going to be a hitter. That one's going to be a banger. We're going to talk about the Mount rushmore later. He might be you know, you got to see when that when that comes in, but he might be on that Mount Rushmore. That's how good of a pod it was. Who else we got Brian Peters a huge You guys might not be familiar with who Brian is. Brian was somebody who's played in five leagues Arena Canadian UFL, XFL, and the NFL. By the time he got to the NFL, he was like a twenty six seven year old rookie who earned a contract in the NFL after playing in the Arena League and CFL first. Then he goes to the NFL and uh becomes a captain of the Houston Texans. So I've always watched him from AFAR and I've always admired him from AFAR. He's one of those guys who are like my age that I see is like a mentor because he's very big in the breath in the breath work performance and just being an awesome dude. So I wanted to have him on the bus because we've always DMed and everything else.
Speaker 2: But he's a really good podcast.
Speaker 1: Bo Polini comes on the bus and that's that one's gonna be a banger. Then Nebraska fans that are out there listening. I played for old coach Bow. There's a bad breakup with Nebraska that happened with Bo after about six or seven years, and we sit down with Coach Bow and Dude, you just don't make him.
Speaker 2: You just don't make him like that anymore.
Speaker 1: The way Bo is and the way he talks about his philosophies and you try and like dabbling the funny stuff, and he lasts and everything else, but the way he is just mental azed and how he wants to do things in his approach to the game and everything else, Like, it's just you just don't make him like him anymore. The one question I wish I would have asked him that I didn't get to. However, I did get to say my opinion on what Taylor asked me what I thought he could get better at, and I asked him if I could speak candidly. We laughed and stuff, and then I kind of give my opinion. But I do wish I would have asked about the Big Ten championship game when Wisconsin was just throttling US.
Speaker 2: I mean, we were getting throttled.
Speaker 1: We're in a halftime and there's not a whole much of a speech other than boys, like, wake the fuck up. This is it Like we're in the big you could pull it up. But it was like they might have been in the forties already. We lost that game seventy something to thirty something. It was bad. And I'm talking you're in prison. You get cornered by a bunch of dudes and there's nowhere to go and they're just tossing that ass around. That's how bad it was. They had three running backs have over two hundred yards, Melvin Gordon, money Ball and James White. Oh.
Speaker 2: Three running backs over two hundred yards. It was a business.
Speaker 1: And the one thing I did want to ask now that I've played, now that I've played a little bit in the league, I've dabbled being a linebacker. Now, when you're a young cat playing in college, you just don't know. You look to your coach. You look to like, what are we going to do? We got to play better, we got to tackle better. Yeah, you see that at halftime it was forty two to ten.
Speaker 5: Dude, final score seventy to thirty one.
Speaker 2: I promise guys, I'm not joking.
Speaker 1: Anytime Wisconsin comes up, there's like an internal part of me that shells up because I know there's no conversation to be had. What do you think happened? Well, I think it's a mix number one players. We should have executed better on defense. There's a mistackle that I had. I mean, we're missing tackles left and right. However, what Wisconsin did so well that game was there in this personnel called twenty one speed twenty two speed, where you have a running back more so as the receiver, or two running backs, one running back as the fullback to where it's not a traditional fullback in there. You have two speed guys back there and they would do this jet fucking sweep dude. And essentially we only had one call because it wasn't a personnel. They lived in a whole lot throughout the year, even our first game when we played and we tackled it early and they didn't go back to it.
Speaker 2: But they weren't a personnel.
Speaker 1: They lived the whole lot in throughout the game, throughout the year, based on film, So we only had one call to the person to that personnel. It wasn't like a base personnel for them to where they were running it all the time. You have a lot of different calls. We had one call and it was over Miami and you would always call it away from the speed guy, but they would do this jet sweep and essentially they got it to where they had one on one tackles going like there was a key that I had to where if the tight end released, you knew if he released wide, you knew it was going to be a handoff to the speed sweep. If he blocked down, you knew it was a zone. You knew it was just a zone play to the running back in the backfield. But they switched it up in the championship game to where the tight end would block down and they would still hand the jets sweep. And you have all this space with the dB and making open field tackles all day long as hard as shit, and as a player's opinion, we didn't make any adjustments. It was kind of like, you know, rape us one series, rape us again, just over and over back at us, dude, And I'm telling you, they ran nuts three running backs over two hundred yards.
Speaker 2: And what I wish I would ask.
Speaker 1: Bo about is, looking back on it, do you think we would have should have made an adjustment Because as a player, it's like, yo, when the fuck, are we not calling something else? Like why not why not send two off the edge? Why not send an ed pressure away from the speed away from the speed guy? Right, so you're handling the uh, you're handling the speed sweep, and then you can obviously play ball against the zone play or a lead player whatever they were run at belly and I would have liked to have me and him talk shop on that because as a coach, you still like your players are there to still make the play. We just didn't make them. But as a coach, staying on the sideline when shit's hitting the fan, Uh, why not think about making an adjustment there?
Speaker 4: You guys are the favorite by twelve in that game too.
Speaker 2: We beat him earlier, and we beat him earlier that year.
Speaker 1: I mean we were Wisconsin went into that game because Ohio State was ineligible to be in the championship game. Penn State had their thing going on with an old guy that you know, Yell Quagmire, and so they weren't allowed to be in the game. And so Wisconsin was the third team that got into the Big Dam Championship. So they were like seven and yeah, there were seven and five going into that game. We were ten and two. We had seven fourth quarter comebacks and the boys were in eight roll. We were feeling good. We're like, we're gonna win this game, go to the Rose Bowl and beat the shit out of Stanford. We're right in high and dude, they just beat the fuck out of us, man, and it was the worst feeling. We just had such a hangover the next day. I'm talking, you're in your room, you're ordering pizza as you just don't want to talk to nobody. But I would have wished to have had that, not to make this a hole Nebraska podcast and living in the past. Who else he has open Doors? So we had open Doors come on. Open Doors is a company that is essentially pioneering this new nil movement in the NC double A. I'm not sure if this is certain or not, but I know there's programming. Their software be used for a lot of brands. So if there's a brand that wants to you know, the Alabama kid who's now making almost seven figures, I don't know, but I would assume a lot of brands are going through this platform Open Doors to book this kids for all this money that he's getting.
Speaker 2: They're basically that middleman.
Speaker 1: So athletes and kids don't have to get agents and have all these other distractions in their life. It's a seamless platform that allows you to see what their worth is if you want to pay for their worth or not in the demographic that you want to. But anyway, open Doors Blake and Addi I had them on. They are Nebraska guys. I played with them on these Bopolini teams, so I'm really close with them. Blake, he hosted me on my recruiting trip Audi. He's kind of been a mentor as we've grown, busting with the boys they both have. But anyway, I'm super close with those guys at Open Doors. So they flew in to kind of talk about the NIL world, the landscape, what it's going to look like, how Open Doors is doing, and what to kind of look forward to in the years to come. And also a Mirbdulah. So three little Nebraska connections here. But I had on a mirrab Duley. He's a running back for the Minnesota Vikings. Mirror is somebody who he was drafting the second round, went through some ups and downs throughout his career, and uh, he's in a really good spot mentally.
Speaker 2: And again he's somebody I kind of follow.
Speaker 1: I mean we're like we're really good friends and not just follow, but he's somebody I follow from Afar like on uh not fall from Afar. I follow him closely. He's my boy on Instagram because he's very much in that that mental that uh, limiting distractions, treating your mental right, like breath work, all this stuff to help you perform better, which I'm always fascinated with because that's something I have, like a passionate with football and everything else. So I had a mirror on and that was a really good podcast. He delivered some little ted talks, Alex, I don't think you were here, Yeah, but he was delivering some heat man. I mean he's very well spoken.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna let my wife watch that one either, because he's got that's a handsome man right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's got a wrench on him. He's a handsome man.
Speaker 1: And I'm not gonna go too far into you guys can wait listen to the podcast, but five pods that are very good. I hope you guys all enjoy them.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So that's what the boys kind of have coming. Taylor's gonna be in training camp, so obviously he's not gonna be on the bus. We're gonna see what happens when the season starts to come about, and we'll see where we are. Man, we're in this. We're in a weird spot because I truly have no idea where I'll be. I could get a phone call right now and have to be on a plane that night or the next day to go try out or make a team or something of that nature. So we're kind of in a limbo. But the boys are always gonna make it work. We always do. If I'm somewhere else, I'll be interviewing dudes on that team I'll be. I'll see what I can corral. The boys will be talking back here. You've got Spootober coming up. You got a lot of big shit happening. So we gave ourselves a little bit of room to breathe with these five posita. I think you guys are gonna really fucking dig. The Music City Grand Prix is coming. What's the day to that next weekend? So August sixth, the Music City Grand Prix is coming to Nashville, and it's awesome, dude. They reached out to us. They want the bus on like around one of the popular spots in Nissan State, around Nissan right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called the Paddock Area.
Speaker 5: It's basically like the crew area where all the teams gather and have their office spaces and meeting rooms and everything like that.
Speaker 4: So the bus will be right in the center of all that.
Speaker 1: I love that shit. They reached out to Alex, they reached out to the boys. They want to they want to tow the bus into that spot, Paddock place. Yea, And so the boys are gonna get a little bit of love taking the NASCAR or taking the racing bus. I don't want to say NASCAR. I don't know if the Indy Car, I don't you know, I don't wanna. I don't know if there's any bad blood or rivalry between like the Grand Prix and like NASCAR or some shit like that. So we'll just stay out of it. But our racing bus at this racing event.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you can get tickets. I'm sure it's gonna be huge. Uh any racing coming to Nashville, I think this is the city for it. But uh, the boys are gonna be there, So if I'm around, I'm gonna be there. We're gonna have all the boys there. We're gonna it's gonna be a good fun time. Uh. Speaking of being outdoors and everything else, there's been a lot of people wondering what's gonna happen with the Tailgates this year, Watch parties, everything else. We got good ship in the works boys, and there's no there's no restrictions as of now. As of now, you never know what could happen in the pandemic that's still you know, going on, but as of right now, there's no restrictions. We're gonna be on Broadway. We're gonna have the bus parked on Broadway. We're gonna be at ACME for I believe every home game, maybe one of the preseason games. We have a meeting uh later this week about it. Maybe it's fucking today and I haven't looked at my calendar yet. But we're collabing barstool being at ACME, feed and Seed, just like we were last year.
Speaker 2: But again, no, there's no real restrictions.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have the bus on Broadway and we're gonna have a lot of cool shit. Might be able to take photos with the bus, maybe not, but for watch parties, Tailgates pre.
Speaker 2: Gaming all that shit.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a lot of giveaways happening. We're gonna be throwing bangor ass parties, and we're gonna be rooting for the Boys. And until I'm on another team, I'm obviously for the fucking Boys here in Nashville. If I go somewhere else, I'm for the Boys wherever I'm at. Like when I was on the Raiders, I was for the Ilse, for the I was for the Raider Boys, you know what I mean. I wanted to drag the Titans when they came to town, because you want to beat you know, the guys that are perceived as like, you know, your family member, your brothers come into the town. You kind of you just want to drag them. Obviously didn't go that way. They went off on us and Aga had a little you know, what is it career game. He's only played two years, but so good. Anything else in the housekeeping, I need you. I'm gonna need you to keep this up more so than the time thing the raw room cookout. I had a good guys. It's been a good time. The last couple of weeks. It's been head on a swivel week. The Boys have been recording bus stop episodes or I don't even know what do you call that, episodes little mini concerts, sessions, sessions, bus stop sessions. There you go. Thank God, thank God for Alex. But we recorded like twelve bus stop sessions. We recorded like seven podcasts. I mean, we didn't know which way was up. We're doing this Feeding nashal by the way, get your tickets ticket Master. That's gonna be on August August third down in Franklin. It's gonna be awesome, incredible lineup of country artists. Yeah, brand new venue. It's gonna be the first big venue. They are, the first event that they've had there. So it's gonna be awesome. But between the bus stop sessions, podcasting and doing all this content for Feeding Nashville, dude, the boys's head has been on a swivel, you know, especially with Taylor coming up because we knew weren't gonna have him after this past week that we just had.
Speaker 2: But we did.
Speaker 1: Content with Thomas Rhett, Tyler Hubbard and we got some cool interviews on the bus that are that's gonna kind of embody what Feeding Nashville is about.
Speaker 2: So that get your tickets at that shit over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Got to enjoy Raw Room cookouts shout out the Raw Room podcast by my boy Darren Bates and his co host, Fuck I'm dropping a JC.
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 5: J C.
Speaker 2: Collins? Is that it?
Speaker 1: J C?
Speaker 2: Collins?
Speaker 1: But Raw Room you can go and subscribe to those dudes. Another active NFL player podcast. But I got invited to the cookout. Anytime you're a white boy and you get invited to the cookout, you are a certified fucking white boy.
Speaker 2: That is like the stamp of approval.
Speaker 1: Actually, when I tweeted in then he wants to quote it and say he he certified. It's official. Now anytime you get that that cook got invite. I mean we were eating you know, cheap hot dogs and burgers. I'm talking slices of cheese stuff that I haven't eaten since the old hot dog and apple sauce days, you know what I mean. But it was a great time. It was a great time. But I think that's all the housekeeping things that we have. Here we go, here's where we here's where we do an ad read shout out Better Help. As always no free shoutouts. This podcast is sponsored by Better Help Online Therapy life is full of stressors. It doesn't matter who you are or what you have, your life is probably stressful. I know for myself. Listen, I'm newly married. Something that my wife and I did before getting married, as we did, we did some premarital counseling. We had heard from a lot of friends of ours that it was like a game changer for them, not that their relationships were in a bad place, and not that our our relationship is awesome, but you know, we went through this premarital counseling and we got a lot from it. Alexi, you guys, did I heard on the pod you did with Taylor? Yeah? You guys wish we had better help when we got married. Yeah, yeah, it was phenomenal, dude. And you may not be what is it. You may not be feeling down and out and depressed or like you like you're at a total loss. But if your stress is high, your temper is shorter than usual, or even if you're starting to feel strained in any of your relationships, you could probably use the chance to unload, unload the stress and get it out. Talk to someone who's completely unbiased about your life, someone who isn't going to judge you or take sides on anything. The reason I think that's imperative and super important is anytime you're sitting with a close friend or a family member and you guys are talking advice, you always have an emotional investment in that person. So whatever advice you have for them or advice you get from them, you're gonna feel it skewed because you have your own preconceived notions of it. If you're sitting with somebody who is like a third party or you know, the whole quote, you can't read the directions when you're inside the box, when you get that outsider perspective and where you can talk to this person and get different philosophies, different sets of advice, or just talk yourself through an entire situation where you can't escape it except talking to them. Better help is customized for that. It's also online therapy that offers video, phone and even live chat sessions with your therapists, so you don't even have to see anyone on camera if you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in person therapy, and you can start communicating with your therapists in under.
Speaker 2: Forty eight hours. See if it's for you.
Speaker 1: This podcast is sponsored by better Help and our listeners get ten percent off their first month at betterhelp dot com. Slash bussing that's b E T T E r h E LP dot com. Slash busting What do we gott next?
Speaker 2: Boys?
Speaker 1: That is Jalen Collins by the way, Jalen Colins, Like you said, JC, Yes, my fall JC for doing that nil update, Alabama quarterback Bryce Young is approaching one million dollars in endorsement deals. Crazy, says coach Nick Saban. Dude, so let's play both sides, play pros and cons in this nil game, because I have, like, uh, I guess thoughts on both sides, like I understand both sides, Like I pull up, what do you got?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: I pulled up in my house and I'm listening to that voiceover that I did for Nebraska their black shirt video that they did, and I'm pulling up and I'm literally thinking in my head, I'm not doing this voiceover unless Busting with the Boys happens, I'm not doing some of this stuff that I'm not doing Busting with the Boys, And unless I'm somebody who wanted to take control of kind of were my status and platform was playing in the NFL and everything else. That's why I kind of wanted to do it. Like I knew I had the boys. We always had really good conversations, and I wanted to kind of use the platform I had to make a podcast in this show. And I think a lot of that stuff is driven off taking control.
Speaker 2: Of uh like my nil right.
Speaker 1: I'm not in college, of course, but I think guys athletes are starting to see the opportunities that they have outside of foototball using football to drive you know, these other things, and also like you see stuff to where a quarterback is now making a million dollars without playing it down, and what that dynamic could be like in a locker room like on Raw Room. AJ Brown went in and sat in on Raw Room yesterday. I'm not sure when that episode will come out for them, but they were kind of talking about an AJ had a stance where he thought it was it's going to kind of ruin college football. And I've heard people say that, and at first I'm kind of thinking, like, how does it you know, how much does it ruin college football? I do think it's going to look very different in five in a few years, honestly, it's looking different now with all these reports coming out, But essentially what AJ was saying, or what they were talking about, was that it just adds like you already have enough distraction when you're in college, Like you're already trying to figure out and balance your well. You know you'll get in, you'll get in this thing soon enough, Alex. But you essentially have enough distraction figuring out class, scheduling, everything else. And when you're when you're in a culture growing up to where your families want to grab at you and ask for money and expect you to send them the peil grant home, any scholarship check money. I had teammates that were like that going in college. Whatever leftover that they might have had from their scholarship check, they had to send it home to their parents. So you can only imagine some of the more distraction that might come involved.
Speaker 2: In that world where you're.
Speaker 1: Making you know, a lot more money as a student athlete, especially if you have if you come from a place where you're gonna have more distraction with family members and relatives, everybody else kind of reaching at you. And it's just gonna be interesting to see how it all unfolds. Because you're gonna have a quarterback now. Like when you're in college, Alex and you know, chime in at any time. But when you're in college, you're kind of figuring out. You're learning the process. Like we had bo On and that the dude molded my brain. It was hard work. It was you know, it was process. It was never results. It was always competing every day, like you weren't just gonna go to class, You're gonna be an all the time guy. You guys will hear it all there. But this dudent molded my brain. Him and our strength coach coach Dops and those are those are the people that kind of you come into that world. You get recruited as a for star. You get recruited and you get pampered. You get into college and you got to kind of get de recruited because you don't want to drink your own kool aid.
Speaker 2: So you got to learn the hard way.
Speaker 1: You're doing hard ass workouts, you're strict, you're disciplined, people telling you where to go, and when you mess up, you have hard lessons to where they sit you down and give you advice on why it is that way. Because when you get in the real world. They don't give a shit if you're late. If you do X, you do Y, you do Z. It's this way or the highway type of thing. And you kind of learn in that mold. Now when you start throwing money and potentially seven figures into this stuff, and you're going to plan in with the boys, like you're a camaraderie with.
Speaker 2: The boys, you go through a hard workout.
Speaker 1: If you're somebody making a shitload of money, there's some resentment that can come in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Oh, bro, you don't have to do this. You're making an X amount of money.
Speaker 1: You might have somebody who is making a shitload of money and they feel like they don't have to do a workout. Now, maybe they feel like they're a pro already to where they there's some new dynamics that can start to enter in the locker room that was so pure before NIL comes involved.
Speaker 2: But I'm also a believer in.
Speaker 1: The NIL and the NIL model because I know how much money gets made, and I do know that a free ride and everything else doesn't take care of you after it's all said and done. Like unfortunately, I've been able to play for a while in the NFL. But I just know for guys, anything you could have made, regardless it's if it's an extra fifty bucks a month goes aways just because you just don't. After rent and expenses and everything else, you really don't have a whole lot of money. You might get the pail grant every now and then to where that's a little fluff, but you go and spend it at the mall like you just don't. It's gonna be interesting how it all unfolds. Alex, you're back there kind of not and wanted to get in. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 5: It's I mean, there's a ton of ways to come at this, obviously, Like I'm a big fan of you shouldn't be able to tell people where they can or can't make money. That pisses me off because these kids have worked their whole lives to get to this opportunity where they're playing sports at a high level, they're on TV every week. How bad does that suck that their jersey sales go out and they don't see anything for it. How bad does it sucks that they have brands reaching out to them, wanting to do things with them, and they've had.
Speaker 1: To say no.
Speaker 5: Or couldn't say yes to somebody covering their dinner at the local restaurant or something like that. Like those are all violations up until this nial thing has now happened. And so it's really difficult to look at it because you can't really like pick one angle, but like the angle you're just saying about the purity of the sport. That'll definitely change locker room dynamics. But that's already happening in high school. Like there's high school basketball kids with five million Instagram followers. That's money at the end of the day. Yeah, And I don't know why it took this long for the NCAA to pivot on this. I guess probably just because they are that big and they do have so much leverage when it comes to control of the sports. But these athletes at a very young age fifteen sixteen years old, they're going to start to come into management who is able to direct them to navigate these waters, to be able to do brand partnerships, to be able to do endorsement deals, et cetera. And I think that's great because you have you're creating wealth in these kids at a younger age, which yes, there will be some people who abuse that and do terrible things with them, which it happens no matter what. Right you can't control that. But I think the majority that sets up families even earlier. You know, what do you say to the kid who comes out of a bad area who's trying to play football and he would love it if he could start sending checks home at sixteen years old instead of waiting until he's twenty three. I think that can change infrastructure of you know, local economies, if we really want to go that far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a lot that's well said. I mean, like, I just like Lego's creative, I love all the love.
Speaker 1: Of the company.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but there's a ton of ways to go about it. But I think like looking at it from people get mad about it as like a privileged thing where it's like, oh, they already get a free education.
Speaker 1: But and it's like, yeah, but what does that do?
Speaker 5: You can play in a bowl game and then be in account I think that's the dumb I.
Speaker 1: Think that's the laziest argument. Yea, they get a free education, Like, yeah, of course that person arguing probably wish they could have had a free agent education. Like that's just how that shit works. It's it's thinking that athletes are so taken care of because they have a scholarship. That's not the case at all, right, Like it's more than a full time job. I like, it's more than a full time job. I know Taylor went into detail about how those schedules look like, but you're doing so much more in doing class and expected to perform in your classroom. Obviously everyone's expected to perform, but I'm talking you're up in the meeting, like we have some good stories when Bo comes on because we had the highest GPA as a team in the history of Nebraska, because there was an expectation there. But you're juggling so many things as a kid. I think that's the laziest argument when people are like, oh, but you got to scholarship all for it.
Speaker 5: One thing that I say that I learned from school is like people are like, did you do you use your degree at all? It's like, sure, But what I really learned was time management and delegation and the ability to multitask when needed and prioritize what I need to get done. And it's because that schedule is so grueling, right, you have to learn how to figure that stuff out before most other people do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and all that stuff that you said about all that stuff, I'm just thinking, I mean, yeah, that's fucking true. He's right about that stuff, because it kind of just depends on the angle you go about it, like if you're old school thinking about the purity of the sport. I'm just I guess I can only speak from my experience of being in the you can't too of being in the locker rooms and knowing how that dynamic is. But it's been what almost ten years since I've been in that locker room, Like who knows what the dynamic is now? Like I don't know, Like maybe there'll be some pivots and they're doing some good things. I assume a guy like Nick Saban who comes out and says something like that, like you know, he's gonna have his team, like he's the goat coach in college football, Like no matter what, at the end of the day, when you say it just adds more distraction and everything else to play. Devil's advocate to that the ones who want to be professional athletes are going to still be professional athletes, like they understand what they're how to prioritize like Deon Sanders says, baby, keep the main thing, the main thing. And I think that's essentially like those kids will do and anybody else, anybody who's fought fugazi fu gazy about it and think they've made it in college by making a little bit of money.
Speaker 2: That money runs out very fast.
Speaker 5: Don't you think this will also make it easier for pro organizations to scout because now they already players are already dealing with the.
Speaker 1: They understand how they're balancing and juggling both things, juggling the whole world.
Speaker 5: You don't have to sign a guy and see if they pan out that year one when they sign a check and they start to do whatever they want with their money. You now already know how they're going to handle that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: That's a good point and ultimately too like and to go to touch on the thing where people talk about, oh, they have a scholarship in this and that they should focus on playing football and this and the other. When you're in college and you're a college student, you're taught and everything else to equip yourself as much as possible, add whatever you can to the resume so you have a lot of different skills and abilities, and once you've, once you've kind of gotten good to one, you know, you get swayed in to do another direction, to add another club to your back. And when you when you're telling athletes to stick to their sport and everything else, Like that's essentially what it's going away from the mindset that college students get taught anyway to equip your resume as much as possible. To add, you know, the dynamic of social media, whether we like it or not, Like social media is here to stay, like branding and all this stuff, Like that's part of what the resume is going to be now, you know what I mean, Like we don't know what it's gonna look like. What do you got? I was gonna say.
Speaker 5: I think a major part of that too, is like just this simple fact that non student athletes are able to profit off of anything they decide to start as a business or a brand or whatever while they are still students, but student athletes are not exactly Like that's the simple like contradiction that I I've always looked at and been like, why can the kid who plays trumpet go make money play trumpet? But I can't go make money teaching baseball camps or you know what I mean, like exactly.
Speaker 1: And even when you're in a lane, or even when you're in an internship or job. More so, when you have a job already, you're still taught to equip yourself to transition to another job, whether it's in a different lane or not. But you want athletes to say, in this one particular lane until that lane is done and gone, and then they don't know what they want to do because they had to focus so much in this one thing. That's why the whole you know, don't focus on any kind of plan B, because it deters from Plan A. Like I'm not as much a believer, I do believe you've got to be obsessive about stuff to become great at it, like if you want that to be your field, Like, yes, you need a hone in on those things. But at the same time, you do need to start. You always need to be thinking of some kind of plan B because you need some kind of pivot.
Speaker 5: Do you think that this could ever evolve to the point of like Nebraska signs Will Compton, you're highly touted out of high school. You're ready to come in here and do work, we want to offer you equity in the Husker brand.
Speaker 4: Do you think it could ever get there to.
Speaker 1: Where an athlete gets equity in the Husker.
Speaker 4: Brand and maybe in the Husker merch sales this year?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Why not, because it's you're in and out within a few years, Like you're giving up. You're giving up equity for something that's not going to be a main stay forever. You don't know how that athlete's going to perform throughout their career. They could be a total bus and you gave a percent away in equity. We do that in the well.
Speaker 5: We don't do the equity thing with organizations and the pros, but we invest and then sometimes things don't pan out, you know what I mean. I just think it's interesting how many more avenues are now open now and to see if universe cities decide to jump on board and try to think creatively when it comes to.
Speaker 1: How to come, they're gonna think creatively maybe, But I don't think it gets to a point where you give away equity in something possibly like a split revenue with a percentage or something towards all revenue based, yes, but not not equity. I think that's yeah, you're not getting equity in Nebraska. And if they yeah, yeah, yeah, And if they do, someone needs a fucking check whoever's doing that deal, because that is a dumb fucking deal.
Speaker 5: But you think like a revenue share of like general Nebraska gear, maybe you get a half a percent for the next three years while you're here.
Speaker 1: Uh As far as all merch do I think it'll go that way, I don't know. I think there's gonna be there's gonna be stuff laid out like I think Nebraska themselves are gonna be able to do now I'm not sure, but do deals with their student athletes right to where they can give them a portion of their number or some shit. They can't. So so brands can, but the schools can't. I don't think. Okay, so see yeah, so then the university can't sit here and pay on the side and.
Speaker 2: Up the deal.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna get It's gonna get wild. You guys think about it. I think if if you're in the Nebraska apartment right now, you're thinking, who are all who are all of our close relationships with as far as brand partners and everything else that we do marketing wise, you get on the horn with them and you finagle it by talking to them about what you can do for extracruit or x athlete and you can pump money that way. Yeah, to where it's like, hey, this is who we want to target, this is who we'd like to recruit, or this is uh, you know, how to play that game. I think it's just going to get very interesting until there's some kind of just red tape for lack of a better term, until there's some kind of like some kind of controlling aspect. But then again, you want it to kind of be the free market, but to control what schools and the business side of it does from that administrative standpoint.
Speaker 7: So going off of that, do you think that as they figure this out that there will be new jobs under coaching staff or universities to help players.
Speaker 1: Work with this money?
Speaker 7: Since I think go through open doors and they're not getting agents and all that, who's gonna control?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they need guidance, right, I think you know there'll be new positions and like compliance and the compliance departments, and there's gonna be jobs added I think to the universities for that particular thing. So that way you can limit distraction as much as possible, because from a coaching and competitive standpoint, that's ultimately what has to happen is you want to limit distractions to where it's not like wildfire, you know, again going off Bamba and Saban, like, you know that they've probably had team meetings already talking about all this stuff and saying we're gonna have people in place so you don't feel like there, I mean, there's agents hitting guys' phones up right now, you know what I mean? Like even for busting with the boys, like talking about the bust and athlete stuff, there's people hitting up like, hey, what do you think Barstool's gonna do?
Speaker 2: And that's from an angle.
Speaker 1: Of how do I work it for the athletes that I'm probably gonna start trying to recruit. So you're gonna have people blowing up your phone to where you want those new jobs and those people in play that players can trust that you know things are going to be handled correctly, so you can limit those off field distractions.
Speaker 7: How do you think so? In my opinion, Nick Saban's saying that out loud, saying that his quarterback is making near seven figures, that's a recruiting tool.
Speaker 4: Would you agree or disagree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree.
Speaker 7: Okay, So now do you think that obviously recruiting is going to be different, But when he goes and visits at home, is that the number one conversation?
Speaker 1: Now it's not the number one, but it's a conversation if you're sending the kids home, dude, and number one. So if you're Nick Saban, I assume this is how Nick is. Like you've seen his zoom videos of how he recruits players like you want motherfuckers who want to play football. So you know, if questions are asked too much about nil and making money, I'm sure saving or somebody else gonna sit there and leave that house by Hey, this ain't this. Ain't our guy, pal, Yeah, because this ain't our guy.
Speaker 7: He seems like somebody that is against it and for it, kind of like how you were saying, approach depending on what angle you take, because as he says rat poison, that's more rat poison. But yeah, he's definitely had that meeting of this we're not happening this bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think any great coach and any great any great coach and any great leader like Saban is not gonna just have some stance either way, it's gonna be like, you know, there's pros and consult both, but let's reel in all the information, all the data before we start going nuts about all this shit.
Speaker 5: In the other side of that conversation would be like a Kentucky basketball who's like, you're just coming for one year. We don't care. We're just gonna win the national championship this year, so show up. We'll also hook you up with Nike while you're here, and so that you know what I mean, Like schools like that who are not trying to build like a three year franchise basically while a player is there. They're more so looking at it as a one and done. They could start to pitch it like that where they bring it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're good with them again. Yeah, and basketball is different with football, like you you could do more so that like you know, the dude's gonna ball regardless. Like it's just gonna be interesting, man, find out what coaches are good coaches and what who's gonna go crazy? Right, You'll see which coaches adapt, just like you're gonna see how players adapt to this all Like I do think like guys are like do you think you know it's gonna hurt X, Y and Z about guys going to the league, those dudes who play themselves out of the league because they care more about what's going on off the field, Like okay, well you're not you're not making it the prowordy anyway, that's not actually what you want to do. Because the ones who actually want to do it and play in the NFL, they're gonna fucking keep football the main focus.
Speaker 5: Which brand would you have wanted to sign with if you're in school right now, who would be your first Like, well, I want to I want to lock in with them. Busting with the boys, and speaking of bust and Athletes is in the works.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that is true. Bust and Athletes bus you bust and university. Who knows what we're gonna do. We're gonna do something. Is trying to figure out what we want to do. Obviously you have Dave portenwould come out with his video which is you know, bar still to a t uh. He did a great job capitalizing on that stuff to where you got bars to athlete and all the bios and everything like that. And so we had how many like several hundred athletes reach out about hey can we do And it's like, Yo, we just don't have the same infrastructures bar, but we can't just be slinging this merch everywhere for you guys are rep this and that we need to figure out what we want to do. Audie and Blake open Doors crew that was on here, they're like, what do you want your bus and athlete to embody? Like what what does it look like for you? And so I think like the question kind of starts there to when we're kind of figuring it out, like is it a select crew?
Speaker 2: Is it some linemen and some backers? Is it?
Speaker 1: Like you know, I don't know, I don't know what it looks like, especially when we're juggling all these other things, like we don't have, you know, just a bunch of people and white collars running around figuring out all of these business moves for us, Like we have to take time to sit and talk about it and what that it looks like. Uh, but there is something coming with bus and athletes bus. You I don't know, I do know. I want it to be beneficial for both sides. I don't you know. Just listen, you guys want merchandise I'm sure we can hook you guys up, some of you with some merchandise. It's just hard. It's just hard to kind of juggle all that shit. Do you have any thoughts about what you you would like it.
Speaker 2: To look like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know how. I don't know how much you want to go open on here. I like the linemen in the in the d backs to start. I think that's really cool because that's where you got to the defense linebackers, not linebackers to start. Yeah, I think that's a great place to start. And keep it select because I mean, people are grabbing up athletes right now and it becomes less special, right. I think if you keep it select, you keep it special and you can do more with those athletes too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: I would personally like to help whatever athletes are with us too, like give some perspective on it all. Like you know, I don't know if it's like a like mentoring or anything like that, but I would like to actually work with the athletes to where it's like, yeah, well, obviously you'll get hooked up with merchant shit like that, but if there's something we can do or maybe it's an it's a segment. It's a it's something we want to produce up with them in the offseason or something like that, to where they can also benefit off that as well, to where you actually feel like a partner with us, like you're one of the boys. I know, we've talked about rumors going around that we might be doing a springball tour. So there's stuff Taylor and I have talked about. And again, like just juggling all the shit that's going on, it's kind of hard to figure out exactly what, but we will have something for the bust and for the bus and athletes.
Speaker 2: Let's uh, let's.
Speaker 1: Take a minute and read an ad shout out Roman no free shout outs. Most guys have tried different ways to last longer, but thinking about baseball doesn't always work.
Speaker 2: Or your grandma or any of the old folk. I don't you know.
Speaker 1: I try to like I try and like, uh lift sometimes when I'll try to laugh longer, I'll try and like lift the lift, the lift the old sack, like if you're doing like keegels, I've heard that works. It's still you have to work for me. You know you're about you know, you're about ten seconds ining you're already.
Speaker 2: About the disappointment.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. The folks at Roman, an onlines men's health company, are changing the game with Roman Swipes, the secret to lasting sex. Roman Swipes are a clinically proven way to last longer in bed. They're effective, easy to use in fast acting, but don't require a prescription. Roman can ship swipes to you in discrete, unmarked packaging, and each swipe packet is small enough to hide in your wallet for whenever you need it.
Speaker 2: This is true. They send us some product.
Speaker 1: It's in like the in laws they were in town, but it is in this little black packaging that had no label on it, so you don't know where it's from. Super easy to use. Just take the swipes other packets, swipe it on, let it dry first boys, and you're good to go.
Speaker 2: Plain and simple.
Speaker 1: Go to get Roman dot com slash bussing. You can get your first month of swipes for just five dollars when you choose a monthly plan. That's get Roman dot com slash bustin Texas and Oklahoma and move into the SEC. I mean, good move, bad move. I'll you know, Oklahoma they're getting better Texas. I'm not so much. You go from the Big Twelve, not even winning the Big Twelve, and now you want to go get drug in the SEC. Well, what do you mean? It's not about football for them anymore. What do you got Garrett. It's all about that money. It's all about the money. I mean, yeah, everything is about money. Now.
Speaker 7: If they thought they could compete, they'd be in the playoffs the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It is a money move.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to be a childish, a little girl and talk shit about Texas football.
Speaker 4: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're not They're not that great. Remember, you can't do horns down it's illegal. You gotta do you gotta do sideways, or you got to like put it up and shoot the gun or a scure gun. It's a score gun. It's not a real gun. Just for the athletes that use it during the they can explain to the referees it's a squore gun. But I think recruiting wise, if Oklahoma and Texas go to the SEC, moves have to be made by these other conferences because SEC honestly could essentially become their own league. Like as painful it is for me to say shit like that, the SEC gets some of these these big name schools to join them, like you're just in the South, man.
Speaker 7: Do you think it's ruining the tradition of college football?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean all this stuff essentially is right. But just like the Big Eight go becomes a Big ten, and like you know, shit changes and over time it becomes the new norm. So it's going to become the new tradition, you know, a decade from now, like say this happens a decade or two from now, like it's going to seem like this is the tradition. So you know, just like everything that shitt'll adapt. But I tell you what, if Oklahoma and Texas joins, the Big Twelve better be throwing whatever the fuck they can at Texas and Oklahoma to stay.
Speaker 2: I think they've already done stuff.
Speaker 1: I think they've already tried offering them where I saw people kind of making fun of the Big Twelve, like that that girlfriend that Texas doesn't want, But they're trying to persuade them to come back into their arms. But the Big Twelve doesn't need to do whatever they can to retain them. Think if they leave, if you're in the Big twelve, a lot of your southern recruiting kind of changes, Like now everybody in the South can kind of stay in the South. Like that is a big thing. I thought that damage Nebraska going to the Big Ten. As I've explained it before. I don't know which podcast see CTE. I don't know if it's one that you're gonna listen to down the road, But essentially, when we went to the Big Ten, you are not able to recruit Texas as much anymore because you're sitting in those houses. You're trying to tell these kids, like you have all these schools in Texas.
Speaker 2: How many are there?
Speaker 1: Like five six? I could be butchering that, but uh, like Texas tech A and m TCU, Baylor Texas. I mean, you have all these schools that you could sit down and recruit kids and say you're gonna play a few times a year down south. And you know, the family, the parents, they felt good about it because their longest trip would probably be to Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Now Nebraska's Texas.
Speaker 1: If you're down south, your closest trip is now Nebraska, not the other way around. And now you're competing with everybody in the northeast And if you're in the northeast getting recruited heavy, why are you going to pick Nebraska over Ohio State, Michigan, I mean the Ohio states, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State. Like those guys they got it locked in, Like why not even go to Iowa over Like that's fucking painful for me to say, But why would you go even farther to?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Nebraska is the farthest trip if you're in the northeast, and Nebraska hasn't been performing like we have in the past to merit like getting those kids there. So the recruiting in Nebraska's is very difficult. So I felt like that hurt us going to the Big Ten. And I say that because it can kind of be a situation of the Big Twelve. Now you don't have these Texas, you don't have these South schools like Oklahoma and Texas that are in the Big twelve. You're kind of taking juggernauts historically and moving them to the premier you know, are you believe Big Tens in there too, but the premier conference in college football and now the SEC is just gonna have all the leverage and all the power you can break away and you can become your own fucking league.
Speaker 7: Do you think with them joining the SEC that'll help even the playing field in the SEC?
Speaker 1: Whereas yeah, potentially, I mean, if you're Oklahoma Texas, you're gonna get some more recruiting. I feel like more recruiting benefit because now you're gonna make yeah, we're in the we're in the best conference.
Speaker 2: All the little uh uh brochures.
Speaker 1: They probably don't use brochures anymore because it's not fucking twenty nineteen ninety uh, but the brochures that are gonna say, like, you know, number one conference in America, this that these all these NFL players.
Speaker 2: Have went here.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean the kids are now gonna have the SEC patch on their jersey and in ils in place.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, I like if that happens.
Speaker 1: I saw somewhere where the SEC would look at breaking it up in four different like little divisions, which essentially is like you're becoming like the NFL, you're becoming your own league. If they go to the SEC, it's gonna be it's gonna be crazy to see how the rest.
Speaker 7: Of the They still need eleven They need eleven votes right from SEC schools to come in in Texas.
Speaker 1: A and M was a hard.
Speaker 2: No, Yo.
Speaker 1: They don't want those boys to come in because they get they get the recruiting benefits from it. To tell the ones who they compete with Texas, hey, we're in the SEC. SEC is better than the Big twelve. NFL memo on vaccinations, this has been a hot topic. NFL released a memo last week to just basically set the world on fire, and Twitter did what it always does. Dude, became a bunch of monkeys and just throwing shit at each other. It's just who can throw which feces at each other. The media did its thing, dropped a few tidbits on what the NFL meant by the memo, and just lit everything on fire. And like media and everybody does, they make every problem your own problem in some way or fashion. People are arguing about the wrong fucking thing when it comes to all this, you.
Speaker 2: Know, stuff going on. At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: JC Tretterer, our president with the NFLPA, he actually wrote and came out with an article today clearing up the facts on the COVID protocols and it's essentially what it says is nothing has changed, like nothing last year the protocol last year worked, no games were canceled. The protocols that were implemented last year are nearly identical. The fines are the same, the mask wearing, physical distancing testing, and contract contact tracing are the same. Yes, there are changes to how vaccinated players can move about the building and do their jobs, but that is based on data and science. So if you're vaccinated, you don't have to get tested every day. That's a benefit to getting vaccinated. Like guys are essentially going to have to make their own decision and be like, yo, am I gonna want to go in at six am every day and get tested before meetings start, or catch thirty minutes extra sleep traveling on the road. Vaccinated players, I'm sure are going to be able to go out and eat if they want to when they're at an away game, like go out with the boys whoever's vaccinated and break some bread before the game the next day. Unvaccinated players are probably not gonna get do that. They're probably gonna have to get to their hotel room, have all the contact tracing on, and essentially be in the room. There are some questions that were asked in this article. J see he does a great job laying this out and we will bring it up for you on our YouTube. What will happen? Hang on, Go Up, Go up to. One of the first questions, is the vaccine mandatory for NFL players. No, though we believe the vaccine is both safe and effective, players have the choice whether to take.
Speaker 2: It or not.
Speaker 1: Unlike among the NFL coaching ranks or in other businesses, the vaccine is not mandated for NFL players. Again, you can make your own decision about it. Is it possible for games to be postponed this year? Yes, the NFL made it clear it does not intend to add another week to the schedule. That should not be a problem as we were able to play every game last year within our normal season calendar. The threat of miss game checks is matched by the threat of lost revenue by NFL owners. So we all have a vested interest in playing another complete season and at the end of the day, what everybody wants, fans, players, coaches, owners, the entire NFL, both sides of it. Everyone wants to play an entire season and crown of Super Bowl champion at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: That's what everyone wants.
Speaker 1: So we're essentially using the same protocols as last year, and whether or not you agree with them, like, that's just your own shit, that's your own progative. If you're the NFL in your business, you're doing whatever you can to put up the red tape needed to protect your bottom line. That's just the way business works. That's the way the world works. Are players gonna be upset about it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Am I sitting here? Do I wish it benefited the players more? Yes? I do, But that's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: And essentially, if you're not vaccinated, you're gonna have to move like it was twenty twenty or what did I say that?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: If you're unvaccinated, you're gonna have to move like it was twenty twenty. If you're vaccinated, you're gonna have a new set of benefits which inclines players to get vaccinated. Is the NFL gonna make it hard? Yeah they are. And then they're gonna put out like a memo like they did last week to cause chaos and sit back in their chairs and they're white collar and watch the world burn and let everybody throw feces at each other like we're in a zoo and mad trying to implement our own problems onto everybody else. That's basically what happened last week. The bottom line by j in this article, the message that needs to be conveyed to the entire NFL community is very simple. We are still pinned, We are still in a pandemic, and we do need to work together to make it through another complete season. Given the rising cases and the emergent data on how the vaccines hold up in the viruses variance, we should expect the unexpected. So it's just it's just all about safety, man, and getting the boys paid and doing it in a safe way, and whether or not not you jive with it. You know, that's your own thing. But to clear the air. And nothing is different from last year. So I was a little victim to it. Last week. I'm texting Dennis Kelly, the player rep for the he was a player rep for the Titans, Like, Yo, Dennis, what the fuck? And he was like, essentially, nothing's changed, cop, Like you know, don't don't buy into everything going on right now. Like we played every game last year. Like yes, last year we were on the phone. If we had to forfeit a game, you weren't going to get paid Fortunately we didn't have to do it. But anyway, that's all this stuff on the vaccination talk. I hate kind of like, you know, and if everybody wants to know if I'm back scene hippa dude, I don't have to tell you. Hey, what did Dak Prescott do? He k you know, he had his dance and he said, like, you know, I don't tell you because a hipp of hippo violations. Then people were, you know, fucking pissed and you know, throwing ship at each other again there. But anyway, do your thing, man, do what you gotta do. If you want to play football, then play football. If you don't want to be vaccinated, don't get vaccinated. But follow the fucking rules and get paid. That's all it is. You see what Jerry Jones said last week?
Speaker 2: No, what did old Jerry say?
Speaker 4: He came out and said this, I do.
Speaker 1: Anything known to man to get to a Oh shit, I do anything known to man to get to a super Bowl. That's a fact. So my man's not even talking about winning a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Just get there, Just get to the dance.
Speaker 1: It sounds like he needs to be on busting with the boys, and we need to ask him the hot questions are you willing to go as far as cutting that piece off? Like what? Like, let's he doesn't understand how much fun the internet can have with this, or he does because he's a genius and he knows a lot of uh tread is gonna come from this, A lot of traffic is gonna come from a statement like that under that yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah rape.
Speaker 1: So what what jumped this podcast off in our first year was we're Rabel talked about cutting his dick off for a Super Bowl. Because I've been married twenty years. You guys will obviously play the clip. I'm sure Bloss is mad that I'm still explaining it. Blost, what would you do for the forty nine ers to win a Super Bowl? Have you thought about it? Uh?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think. I mean, I get nothing out of it other than the seeing the enjoyment I have seen my team win. But I mean it's not worth cutting my own penis off. I mean if I got a Super Bowl ring. Now now we're talking something different.
Speaker 2: Would you would you kiss a dude.
Speaker 3: For for the Niners to win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: And we're not against We're not you know, you're you're gay, you would be gay. We're not against gays or I just know Blass is straight. Would you kiss a dude?
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't peck if you wouldn't pack him on the mouth.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't benefit from man, I don't benef fit from the forty nine ers winning a super Bowl other than being a fan.
Speaker 1: All you got to do it would be peck. Let's say Alex on the mouth and the forty nine is gonna win a sup Bowl this year. You wouldn't do that for the team.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love Alex a lot, but not like that. But again, if you put a Super Bowl ring on my finger, that changes everything. There's no limits to what I would do. Hey, because with a couple of thousands.
Speaker 2: Would kiss a dude to win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: So me being on the team is what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh you're saying, be on the team that have a ring. My fault, my fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is whole argument. Like as a fan, No, I don't care. I'm not gonna go kiss somebody. I'm not going to go cut my penis off for a Super Bowl because I get nothing other than like, hey, my team won a Super Bowl, and guess what when the next year starts over, everybody's talking about like nobody cares what happened last year, because that's truth. But you put a couple of diamonds on my finger.
Speaker 1: A little bit different, I'd kiss a dude for somebody to win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Cowboys, you're a Cowboys fan?
Speaker 1: No? Not, Hang on, you can't just throw that out there lightly like I was a Cowboys fan growing up? Did I root against my own team when I was a rookie on the Washington football team. I did, but that's only because we were out of the playoff run and I wanted dads and the boys, uh tony rum on the boys that have momentum going into the playoffs, So I didn't want us to beat them. But I'm not a Dallas Cowboys fan like now. I think it'd be sick to play on them now because then you're kind of like full circle, right, But uh, come on, now, don't just throw that around.
Speaker 2: But are you asking, like, yeah, for.
Speaker 1: The times we wint a Super Bowl, cop boy, you gotta do kiss somebody on the mouth, kiss a dude on the mouth, I'd kid, Yeah, I kiss a dude.
Speaker 2: On the mouth.
Speaker 3: Dude as a fan, not even on the team, don't give a ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking about kiss someone on the mouth. Shit's over with. I know who I am. People can have fun with it on the internet like they did with my haircut. We'll make some good content from that ship. If you and Taylor were still Titans. Yeah, I'd probably consider kissing somebody on the mouth so you could win. Okay, I appreciate that. Man. You know I can't continue down that path of this stuff going on. What do we have after that? Because I know we have some fan questions and stuff and I want to get to that stuff for sure. Yeah, let's jump to it. Do we have any ad reads that we need to hit?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: About this one.
Speaker 4: Our boys at cross Country Mortgage.
Speaker 1: Cross Country Mortgage, Holy shit, this is a great brand.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: Cross Country Mortgage is much like us at a barstool, a people first group of people, and just like at Bust On the Boys, we are a podcast by the boys for the boys. We are dedicated to the fundamentals of mortgage lending, which results in a fast, convenient, and less stressful home financing or refinancing experience. Listen rates are unbelievably low right now. Yes, buying home is high, but the interest rates are low. Lock into a low interest rate. Boys, don't pay the bank more money than you need to. Our friends over at cross Country Mortgage make it super simple to figure out how much you can save on a monthly basis over the life of your loan. The numbers can be staggering, and you don't know how much you can save unless you actually talk to an expert and.
Speaker 2: Figure it out.
Speaker 1: Click here swipe up to learn more about your refinance and connect with your team over at cross Country Mortgage, who will make the process as painless and simple as possible and help you keep your money in your pocket so you can do fun things with it, like go to the big game. If you're a homeowner and haven't refinanced recently, man, this is a grinder. You may leave thousands, if not tens of thousands. Heck, who knows, could be hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table over the life of the loan that could be working for you in other places, like your new main cave, makeover, the stock market, a second investment, a second home purchase. If you want to become a real estate investor, or maybe you just have a boatload of cash in your pocket to go gamble on your favorite sports team. See oh shit, don't just keep your composure. Call today for a fast free rate quote. Our portnals will our partners will save you a ton of money. Call today and our friends at Cross Country Mortgage will give you free home valuation. That is free for you just calling for you just to that is that is free to you, just for calling. Don't miss the window as rates are expected to creep up. That is that is true based on my Get Rich education podcasts. Go to cross Country Mortgage dot com slash bar sol to learn more about your future home buying experience or refinance your current mortgage. Cross Country Mortgage LLC n m l S three zero two nine, all on subject to change under writing Approval www dot n m l S Consumer Access dot org. A. I truly almost crumbled. I truly almost crumbled. I honestly I started looking all over the ad to and I'm just like, let's you highlighted something. I just went to the red I was like, let me just live here for a second. Uh okay. Some social media I sent out a tweet. I sent out Instagram like we do every week to ask fans if you guys have any questions or to send in a video question and to start with Twitter, shout out to our boy Tea Holmes ninety nine. Can you talk a little bit about the sports psychology podcast and books you've read and listened to recently? You talked about it some on the pod you did with Mike. Also, what's your confidence level that you'll get a call to play this year? And would there ever be a situation where you choose building the success of the pod overplaying? Uh? Tea Homes ninety nine. I appreciate your questions. Tie, I see you, Tie, and you got the wolf emoji in there, so be a fucking wolf boss. So it looks like a couple parts in this question. Can you talk a little bit about sport psychology podcast?
Speaker 2: Books? All right? So, my if you've.
Speaker 1: Listened, you know so the first book I read to get into sports psychology was Mental Edge by Kenneth Baum. That is where I started to take a deep dive into your brain, working your brain to your advantage compared to a in relation to a disadvantage. Because we always walk around, we always were always seeking comfort. I mean it's happening now, like still training to do everything else, you always gotta have solid reminders. But day one Will Compton is going to be way more excited than day thirty Will Compton when it comes to performance training, the grind training camp, all the things, all the tools. So where it started with me was The Mental Edge by Kenneth Baum. I would say, dive into that if you're into sports psychology, if you want to get more of something that's outside of the sports realm. The second book I got on was Compound Effect by Hardy. Something Hardy, Damn. I hate that I'm butchering that, but the Compound Effect like doing small things like basically essentially creating new habits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Darren Hardy. There, he shout out the boy, Darren Hardy.
Speaker 1: The Combound Effect was the next book I read, and from there like, yeah, there's books I've I dive into, but I get a lot of benefit out of listening to things as well. Obviously I always take inspiration from Joe Rogan's inspirational stuff on YouTube. Tony Robbins was somebody that really gravitated me towards the whole psychology thing. I don't want to butcher this because this was a this was a while back. I think I did it a little bit when we were out golfing that one day.
Speaker 2: But Tony Robbins taught this.
Speaker 1: Four corner chart, and essentially, if you're looking up here, you have belief, potential, action, results, and those are in four different corners. So if you're listening, the top left corner is belief, the top right corner is potential, bottom right corner is action, bottom left corner is results. And what Tony was essentially saying was just talking about how how fear is such a motivator for us to either act or not act. It's all the same thing we're getting over this fear, whether it's fear and our ability, fear of the unknown, feel of other perceptions and opinions that people might have of you that you carry with you, whatever it is, whatever your fears are, this is a four corner chart that I really jibed with that really turned shit around for me. But essentially, if you're somebody who has a lot of belief in who you are, let's start let's start the other way. Let's say you don't have a lot of belief, right and it doesn't matter what your mom, your dad, your coach, or anybody's telling you. Let's say you're a young kid in a sport and you don't have a lot of belief in yourself, so you have a little belief in your potential. Now, if you have a little belief in your potential, no matter what plan you're on, no matter what strategy you're implementing, no matter what practices you're doing, no matter what action steps you're taking, no matter what how much action you think you're actually gonna take, guys, audience, little if any, you're not gonna take a whole lot, no matter if you're not, no matter if you're showing up every day and still doing You're like, you know, I just don't believe in my ability. I don't believe in what's gonna come of this. I don't believe in this dietician who's telling me x y and Z. I don't believe in this coach that I'm using. I don't believe in what I'm reading right now that's gonna get me out of my comfort zone. You're gonna take little action. And when you get little action, when you take little action, how much result you think you're gonna get? Little if any and then all that does is now draw a circle.
Speaker 2: In this four corner chart.
Speaker 1: Your your little action is gonna create little result, and that little result is just gonna feed your belief system that you already had. Like, see, I told you that shit didn't work out because so and so said it would.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: I told you your dad was bullshit. I told you a coach was bullshit, and you hear. I told you that article you read in that diet you did wasn't gonna work because you had little belief. Whether if it was somebody telling you that, Hey, I told you that wasn't gonna work, and you're carrying their perception with you no matter what, if you got little fucking belief, it's not gonna get done.
Speaker 2: Now in relation to.
Speaker 1: That, say, you have a lot of belief in who you are, right, and you believed in your your potential, You believed in your ability. My own example coming from this from Tony Robbinson, this four corner chart was uh pro da training for me because agents and scouts had me clocked it like a four eight five forty low belief in myself, right, I mean I went undrafted. So again, you weren't you weren't believed in. If I if I'm believing in what these people are fucking saying, I'm not gonna take a lot of action and I'm gonna get the result from that. That's gonna say, Hey, you know what, it didn't work out, but you got an opportunity to be in camp. Who can say that to where I'm trying to lift my spirits in a different way, right, Like it's all good, Like you're it's the one percent of the one percent. Like you played a high level college football, You were a starter at Nebraska. You uh, you know you at least performed at PRODA. You you know you got to be in a training camp even if you didn't make it. You played on the preseason. Who can say they played in an NFL game? Like you're doing all these things to justify the failure of the setback that you might have had right now. For Fortunately, the boy did not believe in that bullshit. And I had a lot of belief and in my potential at Pro Day and training and making a team and yeah, there's the chart right there and being of value to the roster, right Like I knew if I got my shot, I would take advantage of it some way, some form, somehow, And if you believe in your potential in whatever strategy you're trying to implement, whatever practices you're trying to implement, how much action you think you're gonna take a shitload when you take a lot of action, how much result you think you're gonna get. You're gonna get some. You might not get a lot, but you're gonna get some. You're gonna get some. That tells you stay the course, like, don't listen to the bullshit. Somebody might say, hey, you know it's all good, Like you know, are you surprised you didn't get a whole lot? Like you got to block that shit out and realize that what you're doing. You can now look back on the action steps you were taking and sharpen it a little bit more, live in on what mistakes were you making where where were you.
Speaker 2: Coming up short?
Speaker 1: And then you just reevaluate your action steps, still keep the same belief, the high potential new action steps, and you're gonna get more result and it's just gonna feed your ego or your belief that you are who you thought you were. And then you get to look back and I mean Essentially, we're all just creations of what we've decided to believe at some point in time. Yet genetics play a part, natural selection takes its course, and from that you gotta pivot and figure out what your next move is gonna be. Right, That's what Bust with the Boys came about. You think I wasn't scared shitless to start busting with the boys and thinking what people might be saying about cutting dicks off coming on there. My agent call like, hey, let's not you know, get two out of whack, like with what you're saying, right, He's looking out for my best interest at heart, like thinking about how my voice sounds and everybody else listening to my voice right or whatever I'm saying, and people thinks we're stupid, and our rates start.
Speaker 2: To go down.
Speaker 1: Like then you're kind of like, oh shit, that sucks. But fortunately we got over that hurdle. We got through it, and we're taking a shitload of action to create result from it. Alex Surfacut you I knew you were leaning in there. The boy was on one right.
Speaker 2: There, and I want fired the fuck up.
Speaker 1: D Yeah, I didn't want to cut you off. That's my bad.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say you're like weaponizing confirmation bias. Yeah, yes, you're looking for things that confirm what you already believe in yourself. So you're altering your belief system to say I am this and I will be this if I do these things doing those things, and then you're training your brain to look specifically for those positive results and focus on those instead of focusing on the shortcomings or negative results that might come even with that. So even though they're there, you've already primed your brain and your mentality in that mindset to be able to see those results in a positive light to encourage yourself instead of nitpicking at them or being sad that they didn't come out exactly as you wanted them to be.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's awesome, well fucking said, that is true because when you do let those little things creep into your mind about it and it happens like I'm not fucking perfect.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, Like, the hardest truth.
Speaker 1: To find out is that this mental fortitude never never ends.
Speaker 2: It's not ever going to end.
Speaker 1: Like I was literally thinking the other day, even with the pod, it's like, you know, if stuff doesn't go out during the season, like what's gonna happen with the pod and a little bit of doubt comes in, and when fear creeps in, it can kind of light a match, right, it kind of festers, you start to get a little anxiety, You start to think about things that haven't even happened that drive your next course of action, and you know, you kind of got to stop yourself and just realize, like, this shit is never going to be done. It's just a constant journey. Like even when you feel like you get on the other side, like it's just never gonna end. Like people talk about playing in the NFL like yo, you did it, and it's like absolutely, I felt like I've lived my little kid's dream, that ten year old will com that little kid that always wanted this to happen. And now when you're on the back nine golf analogy for everybody listening, when you're on the back nine of it, you're kind of like you got to figure out what's next because you're not even you know, knock on wood, I haven't even lived half my life. And it's just a constant process. So it's just feeding your mind the right way and guarding it because you're gonna get a lot of you know, perspectives too, And I'm going off on a weird tank and I don't even know if I'm answering this dude's fucking question.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But podcasts and books that I've read Right now, I'm reading Seven Spiritual Laws of Leadership. Uh, there's a book I want to pick up by Naval Rick Butcher's last name every time, yes say that, Rava Kant, Naval Ravakant. I'm listening to his podcast with Tim Ferriss. Check out his podcast with Tim Ferris. I'm gonna listen to him on Joe Rogan next. But Naval Ravakant has like you know, he's just big into philosophy and things like that. Like I'm just I enjoy that shit, man, because I think your mental is absolutely everything. I when my highs and lows, I can literally dive in and understand, like how I got certain places based on my belief system and my routines and my habits and everything else. And when something didn't work out for me, you create an identity within yourself right to where you transition and pivot based on the beliefs and philosophies that you carry. Because you're we're all gonna fail, Like we're constantly failing, like I've done fucking network marketing. Like, show somebody, show me somebody who hasn't failed at fucking network marketing when you weren't drinking that kool aid back in the day, dude, Like show me that you uh you saana the fucking supplements. I got finagled in the supplements. I now, nothing bad happened, but you sitting there and then you learn about it and you're like, fuck, I'm in this goddamn I'm part of this goddamn crowd.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was transitioning from college to the NFL, and it was one of those playing b seeds that were implemented in my brain and I bought. I drank the kool aid like I go, like I go harder stuff, Like, but show me somebody who hasn't failed at network marketing. I'll tell you somebody that's not a fucking hustler. Dude. You know what I'm saying, Like that is a weird fucking grind. Hey, I can get your money. We got this product. Why isn't it televised and marketed about like publicly everywhere? Like, oh, you do it through people. Here's his wine. It's gonna cure cancer. If you get X amount of people, we'll all get rich. Oh fuck, that shit is hilarious, dude.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I.
Speaker 1: Also like, there's a T shirt shop with my boy MTS that's actually still grown, going locally, But there's a T shirt shop I was trying to go partnerships in and that just fizzled that, Like that didn't work out. Like you fail constantly, like I've been cut, Like it just none of it. You get nowhere without trial and tribulation due without failures. Things that you see is failures, right, But they're all learning experiences as long as you can take them and learn and realize, don't make the same mistake again and learn from it and grow from it.
Speaker 2: Like that's where it all is.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Then you just got to take a long, hard look at yourself.
Speaker 1: It's the conversation you have with yourself that is the most important, because that is where you figure out who in the fuck you are. Garrett called me the other day and he actually got me was the naval one.
Speaker 2: What was the quote?
Speaker 1: It was, Uh, somebody whose mind is chaotic is somebody who has an unexamined mind.
Speaker 2: And that fired me. Up because it's the people.
Speaker 1: Is you being able to sit with yourself is where you're gonna get a lot of the answers, a lot of the bullshit. You'll be able to navigate through a lot of it because we distract ourselves with our phone and everything else to where you don't actually want to sit with yourself. But anyway, great question, Ty, to answer your question about football in the pod, Yeah, I mean, I'm confident that I will get a call to play this year. I'm ready to go. My mental is in a good spot. Physically, I'm feeling good. There's definitely situations I would look at before going. I'm not I definitely do not feel in a place to where I'm desperate to be on a team or a look to go into any situation. You know, the podcast is building and it's definitely a transition. I feel like we're building something that where we're gonna be able to transition ourselves with and I say we Taylor's obviously, you know, cashed in big time with his contract, and I know he does a lot of things off the field as well, and he'll probably get to play forever. But I know, for myself, I do feel good about this pivot, we've been able to kind of create with the platform, so all.
Speaker 2: Those thoughts do go into it.
Speaker 1: I definitely do want to play this year, but I don't think I have to jump in any situation. Hit a hit a hit. Our last sponsor bare Bottom Clothing. Before you pack your next trip. Check out bare Bottom Clothing. Their lineup is versatile men'swear and it is perfect for getting it done this summer. Guys, they're trunks, insane colors. I love them. They were on my honeymoon. You can go check it out. They have the best they have. They have the internet's best deal. You can get two unbelievably soft, lightweight tech tees and a pair of stretch shorts for under one hundred dollars. Don't get caught with shorts below the knee with their five and a half and seven inch inseam styles. Definitely go five and a half. Bare Bottom has your summer covered. Everything is built for value. You're getting the softest and stretches closing the game for a fraction of what you have to spend with the other guys. Giving back is at the cour of what Barebottom does. They donate a school lunch to a child in need for each item sold. Get free shipping on your first order at barebottom Clothing dot Com with code busting.
Speaker 2: That's b e R.
Speaker 1: Like theanimal Bottom Clothing dot Com and use code Bustin'. Next question, George Kittle are Tier one listener? George Kittle, he's off the camp. I can't wait to see the boy Ball this year. But George had a nice little question, do your own mount rushmore of the podcast? And this is interesting because I like everybody to be happy, and uh, this is gonna be fucking hard, dude. Now, let's lay some guidelines. Boys, you gotta give me some guidelines. Are we going off of performance? Are we going off of because it's different now, as you guys know listening to this podcast, Taylor's an entertainer. Taylor has a natural ability to entertain comedy. The dude is witty as shit and he can tell stories like a motherfucker myself. I love interviewing people. I love sitting. I like diving a little deeper. Of course, the boy likes to have a little fun time, a little silly goose time.
Speaker 2: But I like we're different. We're different. I like to talk to people.
Speaker 1: More and dive in on journey and shit like that. The boy is a five star entertainer, so we have different there's a different Uh, I feel like dynamic was what pause we're including here is the Mount Rushmore?
Speaker 2: Do you have any ideas?
Speaker 1: I'm bless.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, uh, just the way I did mine was it was positive. I left where I just kind of like shook my head and I was like, damn I learned something from it, or like damn that really touched me. Damn I really resonated with that. So anytime I left the pod where it had like a physical impact on me, That's kind of where my line was in naming my Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: What's yours? I'm glad you have a Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 3: Jalen Ramsey not in it in this specific, specific order.
Speaker 2: Right, we're on the mountain here.
Speaker 3: Yeah that one, two, three, four, We're we're on a pault. That was an awesome one. Uh, George Kittle and Robert Tanya and then uh dang, what was my other one?
Speaker 4: Oh, Darren Waller?
Speaker 2: Yeah that one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you have there's just like honorable mentions too, I mean jelly rolls.
Speaker 1: In see hang on, hang on. The line is drawn because I'll be the same way we'll be saying. I'll be saying every goddamn guess it's been on our podcast, and we do honorable mentions. But Jay shout out, Joy Roy, I saw you snuck it in there. Yeah, man, that ship is hard. I would say the mount rushmore of pods, yes, because look, I'm gonna before I make the list, I'm gonna, you know, talk about a few that have been on because I had to take photos of the little thing you made because I'm like, yo, We've had on so many fucking people, but you can't not look at Vrabel cutting his stick off for the super Bowl set. The boys, you know, started to ascend us. That's where we took a new light. We started to take notice. That's where Barstool started to figure out where we were, like who we were.
Speaker 3: That falls right in line with like impact impact.
Speaker 1: He impacted your businesses absolutely, you could.
Speaker 3: Go off of that guests that impacted Busting with the Boys to send us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jalen Ramsey, that one set us off.
Speaker 1: Uh let's see here. Me personally, the one I was most nervous for because it was our thirteenth episode overall and it was following Jalen Ramsey and it was the first podcast I did on my own. I actually brought Michael Chandler on that helped the boy out with but shop because Brendan was somebody like the Fighter and the Kid has written I need to send you fucking pictures of this too so you can have it on the YouTube. But it's written like the some of the inspirations of what you wanted your stuff to look like, like the Fighter and the Kid King and this thing and him and THEO Vaughn like having him come on was seeing somebody in the podcast world to where he was an athlete turn podcaster, like in the entertainment with comedy, podcasting and everything else. So he was somebody I was super nervous for and I thought that pod was awesome for me personally.
Speaker 2: Let's see here. You got.
Speaker 1: Derrick Henry's first time. That was huge first for as far as impact for busting Darren Waller, David Quessenberry, the story with him beating cancer and everything else.
Speaker 2: That's six.
Speaker 1: Trust me, I'm gonna narrow it down. But look at me trying to get in all the trying to save faceless of people. Um, let's see here, Dana Beers. I'm just fucking kidding.
Speaker 5: Um.
Speaker 1: Max Crosby, he was a banger dude. Incredible story talking about his addiction and everything else. That was an incredible story. Public with it right right, right right. He kind of did it on ours. Yeah No, that was incredible. Uh. I mean A. J. Browns was big, but I don't think he's on the Mount rushmore. George Kittle and Rob Tunyan. That was when I walked away and I was like, yeah, I fuck with these dudes like I want them to win, like I want them to be successful, you know what I mean? Like that one was someone that really resonated with me.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting here just scrolling through the playlist of all the full episodes, and this is impossible to pick.
Speaker 1: Four, I know, but it is what it is. Man Like, we got to pick four. I'm gonna go. Darren Waller, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: We'll put it on we'll put it on Twitter this week too, and we'll let people say there.
Speaker 2: I think Darren Waller. I think.
Speaker 1: Rabel, not because I want to be on the team, but I'd still like to be on the team Rabel.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Chad Johnson, Yeah, yeah, I forgot about that. One. Bo hasn't dropped.
Speaker 4: Yet, but.
Speaker 1: Fuck man, wait, Chad Johnson wise, because I was obsessed with him as a high school I'm talking, you know, I was the white Ot, Joe Sinko hearing them. Yeah, there's been a lot of rumors. There's a lot of nicknames out there, White O, Jo Sinkle, Air Mont Art.
Speaker 2: The Wolf. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, Dale Earnhard. I think the Dale learn heard one coming out is gonna be on the Mount Rush. Who's the other unreleased one?
Speaker 2: No, you asked Bo. I don't know if Bo makes the Mount rushmore.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't not think about Portnoy as far as what he did for the pod. Johnny Manziel too, that was a banger one. We're all just fucking pissed now. Stupid question. You think Derek's second time was better than his first?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think a second time.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right, You're right. Okay, Yeah. Oh I didn't even have him on the rushmore. He didn't bring the trophy. That is so hard. Man says a lot about the pod. We come back next week. Yeah, maybe we'll have something next week if we roll one out next week.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: George one of our tier ones Iowa Hawkeye following the Nebraska Cornhusker pot very closely. I'm glad you're a fan of the boys. What do we have Let's get to some of the video. Wait wait, wait, wait? What do we have with the uh? With the Instagram before we go video? Because there was a two and one for the Instagram. I just wanted to shout out the boys. If you're drinking watching this, you gotta drink every time I say boys. Uh. Zaane Hunt because this was a two parter, so z underscore Hunt to Zayne Hunt? Where are you at mentally? Not knowing where you'll be at this season in terms of football? Is it harder getting geared up for a season when camp starts and you haven't been picked up yet. My mental is solid. You know, this is the third year I'm going about it. The Probably the first year while I was uneasy about it is when in twenty nineteen when I had got picked up and we were doing the pot cast and I had went to the Saints and ultimately went to the Raiders. But that was probably when I was most uneasy because you're just so used to the routine of going and knowing where you'll be being in in the camp every year, but this being the third year, I'm seriously like, if anything else, I'm trying not to be anywhere until the end of training camp because it saves my body.
Speaker 2: The boys older.
Speaker 1: So if he and I say that, not because I don't love ball, but being in training camp early. The benefit to me being in training camp early is if a team actually saw me and it would reflect in their offer to me that I would be a potential starter for their team.
Speaker 2: So I would go all.
Speaker 1: In on obviously playbook being there absolutely every day because I'm competing for a starting job. Being so late in the in the process and getting close to the season, I know I'm probably gonna be a low offered guy. I don't know where that money's gonna fall. You never want to say nothing, but that's just usually where everybody his head's at. Right I'll be somebody that comes in if a young guy doesn't work out and I'm in a contingency plant. Like a team called me last week and they wanted to know where I was at physically and mentally all that stuff if I want to play, because they wanted me as a contingency plan. And so knowing that I'm slotted there, that I'll be a backup and special teams guy. For me, the best business decision is to save my body as much as possible because I know I can do those like. I know I'm as good of an insurance policy as you can get being a linebacker. So I got to play to what's gonna benefit me the most unless I'm getting paid to go and actually compete somewhere. Knowing I'm slotted there is the reason why I would wait as long as I can to get somewhere again so I can save the tread on my tire because I know I'm not getting that shot to actually compete no matter what these dudes say, because I you know, I've played for a little bit now. But thank you for the question. Also, Darcy Hargreaves, Darcy Hargreaves, what's up? Boy's got a question for Will in the pod? Will we or will we see comp shooting up the season? Will it be for the Burgundy and Gold? Love you guys from Queensland, Australia. That's fucking awesome, Darcy. I shout out the boy being out in Australia sending in a question. I'm not even sure what time it was for you when I posted that sweet last night or Instagram, But uh yeah, I'm sure I'll be suiting up this season. I don't know if it'll be for the Burgundy and Gold. If it was, that would be that would be awesome because it's like a homecoming party. Like I would love to play for the boys out there because there are still some guys out there. But thank you for the question.
Speaker 2: All right, the video ones Colton, Yo, what is up? Will?
Speaker 1: I was just wondering how you spent your first million in the NFL. All right, Colton, that's a great question. The first thing I want to talk about is your lid. It's a little patchy up top. It kind of looks like my backyard you let waffle out. The female dogs. They have a little they have a little chemical in their urine that that burns up the grass a little bit, and that's what it's looking like on top of my man's head. Another thing, Colton, listen, you know, I know no one's off limits when you come on this bus. We know you're for the boys and we're for you also, but the boys gotta get got just go ahead. Check out my haircut last year. You'll see how we all get drug around here. But when you're doing a selfie video, guys lift the phone up over your face like you're halfway cut in, and it doesn't look good. When you're from the bottom up, you look I look chubbier. When you go from the bottom up, I assume it's the same with everybody else.
Speaker 2: Go from the top down, you look better.
Speaker 1: But call them to answer your question about the spend of my first one million dollars. The first thing I did, I don't even know I saved it. Honestly, I was a Dave Ramsey cat my rookie year. Because it wasn't a million dollars that I got, I probably amassed.
Speaker 2: It took me several years.
Speaker 1: To amass that, because look, just because you playing the NFL don't mean you're a millionaire. My rookie con my rookie practice squad money was like one hundred thousand dollars. I did the envelope system with Dave Ramsey. The first big purchase of probably were probably air Maxes. There are air Maxes that were They're the first pair of shoes I was able to get over one hundred dollars, and they were shout out their maxis after three years of playing in the league, and some performance bonuses like some PP player performance that you get bonus wise at the end of the year. That is when I bought my first house back in Bonter and I also bought my first truck. That's as far as I go, because we're a chevy podcast, baby, but that was probably how you know my first big purchases.
Speaker 2: Nick Gomez question for the boys bothered me for years.
Speaker 8: Nobody else seems to give a shit, but I'm wondering why our fucking clear drop passes not considered a separate category that incompletion, similar to an air in baseball. I feel like if a fucking receiver fucking muff's three passes perfect passes shouldn't go against the QB's line for the day, there should be a separate category drop passes.
Speaker 2: Love to hear what you think.
Speaker 1: Thanks Peace, Nick, Thank you for the question.
Speaker 2: Brother.
Speaker 1: Sorry for looking at my phone in the middle of the question. But there's a reason no one gives a shit about that question because it's just an incomplete pass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what he's saying, it's it's on the receiver, It's not on the QB.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But what kind of stat do we need there, Like there's there's the next gen stats, there's pfs for drop balls, Like if you go to PFF, they have drop balls on there. But he's talking about from the quarterbacks perspective. Why does it have to go into the quarterback just as what it is, Bro, it's a team game. I disagree.
Speaker 4: I like the baseball analogy.
Speaker 1: Good. I need somebody to disagree. I need somebody to be like, hey, that's kind of an asshole response. But to me, it's like, you know, he thought of it for years. There's a reason no one gave a shit. It's like it's a drop pass. Bro, I didn't know it was an epidemic like he's talking about.
Speaker 5: But it definitely I think could be considered an error or something like that on the wide receiver. We already look at it in baseball, Like you said, if it's a play that the scorer makes the decision you should have made, they give you the error and they don't put it on the pitcher. Yeah, I think it could easily be that, But then we'd also have to change the rule books from here on out, and all record books would have to be re written because you'd have guys having perfect games in football now, which is actually kind of sick now that I'm thinking about that. Throw a perfect game, yeah, be like, hey, I went twenty four for twenty four. Yeah, that's fun, that's true.
Speaker 1: Like how what would the analogy be to like to play on the other side of that though? But what if you add two drop balls? You can still say twenty four for twenty four.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, because it wouldn't be your fault as what you mean.
Speaker 1: But listen, when you throw a no hitter or a perfect game, it's not like he's striking everybody out. You still need your players to make the plays for you. That's true, you know what I mean. Yep.
Speaker 2: So if you say you know balls.
Speaker 5: You're getting credit for those outs though you're still recording those outs, So the pitcher gets credit for those, just like the QB would get credit for those being caught, and the receiver would also get their credit for catching, so you still.
Speaker 2: Get a perfect game.
Speaker 1: If there's an error and somebody gets on base.
Speaker 5: No, that would be a no hitter. But a perfect game is when literally nobody gets on base, so no walks.
Speaker 1: No errors.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, yeah, I know, so that.
Speaker 4: It would just be a no hitter if somebody reached the it so essentially.
Speaker 1: Like there's just there would be a middle stat that would could be created for like a a because you throw a perfect game, no one's making an error, correct, So I would say that's the devil's advocate side of Like if you throw a perfect game as a pitcher, you need your boys around you to make their plays as well.
Speaker 4: Oh, no doubt, that's a team effort for sure.
Speaker 1: It's the same when you're throwing the you're throwing the balls a quarterback, like just because your receiver drops, like, you still need your teammate to make a play to win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if we're just talking about stat sheets, you know what I'm saying. But also I think it could give even receivers more more to as a shitty way to say it, but more to play for where it's like, yo, I went nine for nine today, which they already do anyways, But yeah, I was gonna say it's already it's not pububed the same way though.
Speaker 1: Right, but the right ones who need to know, No, yeah, that's true when it comes to business and everything else, Like if a quarterback goes twenty four for twenty six and the receiver dropped it a couple of times.
Speaker 2: The right people are gonna know what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it won't be as publicly displayed, but hey, great question.
Speaker 2: It ended up being a great question. Nick.
Speaker 1: Shout out Aleks back there. You kind of carved me through you a little. You know, I'm trying, Nick, Yo, I was an asshole.
Speaker 6: But hey, will catfish Jake here, I got a question for you from busting.
Speaker 4: I know your bore.
Speaker 6: Taylor's experienced the Nashville Prads catfish tossing tradition, especially with that thirty six pounder. I took him to chuggd that beer out of which was awesome, fun and kind of gross but cool at the same time. When do you want to experience it? Man, I know you've talked about it before. I want to see what it's all about. You pick a game home or away home is fun because you know it's local. When we can do it and get the crowd hype. Here, weays a lot of fun too, because it pisses off a hoole arena full of people, which I've been known to do a few times, which is also a lot of fun. So you call it man, you want to get down with the tradition here in Nashville with the catfish. Let me know, we can go somewhere and do it. We can stay here and do it. Just give me a shout, man.
Speaker 1: All right, catfish Jake, enjoy life a little bit more. Has some enthusiasm with stoicism going on there. Yeah, a stoic guy. You know you want to do it like pissing people off. We have a good time though, Taylor, he did it. You've always thought about doing it. There could be a fun time. Let me know, hit me up, call me back, like, hey, have a little bit of fun with life.
Speaker 2: I would love to do you know.
Speaker 1: It definitely doesn't seem sanitary at all, like chugging beer off of a catfish. But I would do it for the boys. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like I would.
Speaker 2: Love to be out. Speaking of.
Speaker 1: The Hockey Guy shirts were good for us. The shitty part was the boys ended up losing, which you know, the hard fought battle.
Speaker 2: It did suck.
Speaker 1: We took it.
Speaker 2: You take a shot.
Speaker 1: But next year with those Hockey Guys shirts going to games and however.
Speaker 2: The tailgates go.
Speaker 1: This year with football, I think we're gonna have a nice little transition getting into the hockey world.
Speaker 2: Have some of the boys on in hockey.
Speaker 1: I know Garrett's been calling for it since day one to get more hockey players on the pod, especially the prads. Garrett, I don't want that to be going, said, you have been you know, Steadfast asked in your request for hockey players. But I think, uh yeah, Catfish, Jake, I love your cause. I know you've been a day one for us, a tier one, and uh dude, it would be awesome to chug effect, to cut fat, fat fish, to chug a catfish and just get the crowd going.
Speaker 2: Would you guys take some beer off a catfish? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the I mean for the fucking boys. You see some shit like Dave Baktiari and Dana Beers going back and forth. I mean, Taylor our own, he did a great job. But I think that you know what uh Dana be did with Baktiari, I mean, can they not take a little bit of credit that sparked they come back from Milwaukee to win the whole series?
Speaker 4: I think, so.
Speaker 1: All right, that is a fucking long pod. I hopefully blost edits it down. He's saying, no, it's like two fucking hours of listening to me. I hope it was worth it. Merchandise, swim trunks, Hawaiian shirts. There is new stuff coming and in the works that real pas you see me in on the honeymoon and everything else that is on its way. We're gonna be doing a push with the flags, the busts, and pocket teas that we were talking about earlier, and also obviously football merch. Oh yeah, the one I'm wearing now you can, uh yeah, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's up until the weekend.
Speaker 1: So if you're listening to this episode and watching me on this pod, this shirt I think will become available by the end of the week potentially weekend, so we'll obviously tweet about it. You know, we're obnoxious as fuck with that stuff, but yeah, dude, by the merch again. If you're watching, subscribe like, leave a comment. If you're listening on audio, leave a review for the boys, unsubscribe and resubscribe again.
Speaker 2: You guys are fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: Big hugs, tiny kisses, and as always, uh be a fucking wolf. Big shout out to you guys if you enjoyed this episode and love and support Bust with the Boys. Go to whatever podcast platform you're on and subscribe to us. Leave a review rate five stars. If you're already subscribed, unsubscribe and resubscribe again. It helps the boys climb the charts and again, we can't We wouldn't be doing this and can't do this without you, guys and all of your support. We also have a YouTube channel if you like. If you'd like to watch our show or these episodes, they are on YouTube at Bust Them with the Boys. We're also on social media at Busting WTB. You can follow us everywhere. Go buy our merch. You guys know that whole deal, But thank you so much. We are forever grateful for you. The biggest of hugs and tiniest of kisses for the boys, always and forever.