Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jireel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panha, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Episode one ninety nine. What's right with Nick Wright? So this is we have a massive show planned for today for a number of reasons. For our poker loving audience. I have a pretty epic poker story from my trip to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas for the World Series of Poker Paradise that's coming up. Last week, Demonse and I shared our experience of watching Chiefs Packers at Lil Wayne's house, and I realized I forgot the single best thing that happened there that I don't know if Demonse knows what I'm referring to right now. But the moment I start telling the story, we have to have a split screen screen because the look on Demanse will instantly know what I'm referring to, and his face will tell the story. It is not at all a bad story for you, pal, but you are it is. I could not believe I didn't tell it. So we have that. We have the controversy from the chiefs. Lebron's won you know is fifth ring one shy of Michael. Now those are just the numbers. Sorry, guys. Five champions five championships to six championships. That's just the math. We have to discussed that and Monday night football. But before we get to any of that, usually by ten twenty am, I'm or ten twenty five am Eastern, I'm sitting in this seat wrapping up my TV meeting and then we do some tech stuff and get the show going. Today, as it happened, my mom called me, and my mom called me to do like some ask some Christmas questions. So I walked outside to speak with her. As I'm outside and I'm getting getting ready to go up phone with my mom, I hear my name called and there's a fella wearing a Chiefs beanie, and I'm like, oh, a Chiefs fan, That's what's up? So I say hi, and then I discover that the fella's name is Danny, his wife's name is Rachel, their four daughters are here. They are in from Little Rock, Arkansas, spending some holiday time in New York City. And two of their big things they wanted to do was go see the Roquets, which is awesome, and come see What's Right with Nick Right. They even brought signs like we're the Today's show. It's this one says never a doubt. This one says twenty five and seventy two snaps, which was the number of snaps Andy Reid had coached on offense without having a fugazy offensive off sides called that could change the entire playoff picture. And this one says What's Right is greater than the Morning Show, which is referring to the you know, the morning national morning television shows where people stand outside. So and we never done this before ever. We have something of a live studio audience today inside Trintage and so they're here hanging out. Danny and Rachel seem thrilled. I would imagine for it. I don't know, but if I were at one or more of the daughters that they're probably like, what are we doing here right now? What's going on? But they're hanging out. So we've got a live audience in trintage demonte looks great to Oh and one other thing, Thursday are two hundredth show. We might have a different special guest in studio for our two hundredth show. Demonsey not being bumped, but I'm working on something to commemorate what is an important show. So Demonse, we got a ton going on. You really, I gotta tell you. You look fantastic.
Speaker 3: Pal.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the way it just compared to your background, the colors or whatever it is. We don't have like a What's Right show uniform, but it is something along those lines you could wear every time. You'll agree, I just love it. How are you the hairic?
Speaker 3: And I appreciate it. I'm doing pretty good. Ready to talk about something?
Speaker 2: Ie their going Yeah, yep, let's get right to it. Here's what missed the cut. Demons seem missed the fantasy football playoffs. I hope he at least set his roster every week. The Pistons lose their twentieth straight game, and Tommy DeVito leads a comeback win over Green Bay. Kevin Clark had one of the funniest tweets I've ever seen Kevin when he was Kevin Clark tweeted last night. In fact, I'm gonna read you the tweet exactly because uh yeah, I don't want to misquote him. And it's so it's just so well done. Kevin Clark, who's a great writer and podcaster and all of that. He wrote last night. Every other sport is absolutely desperate to generate stars, and the NFL is like, the Giants have an Italian guy and it's a national story. I love this sport, I love this country. That really is the entirety of the Tommy DeVito story. It's like, Hey, it's an Italian kid from Jersey, isn't that awesome? Meanwhile, show, Hey, Otani got seven hundred million dollars not in the show, didn't make the show. All right, let's get right to it. We are not leading with the Chiefs. We will get the Yeah, it's very interesting the way he's it taken the money. We're not leading with the Chiefs. We'll get to the Chiefs in a moment. But there was I think a very noteworthy event in the NFL last night. So we're gonna try to be timely and topical and get right to it. Then we'll do the Chiefs after. Also, I don't know why he says Chiefs collapse on the side of the screen that you guys will see in a moment. I don't know if i'd call that a collapse. But go ahead, demonse, let's do Monday night football.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So last night a Toua basically crumbled against the Tennessee Titans. He didn't have Treek Hill, and you always say how there's similarities with him in a rock party. Do you think this is going to shine some light on the situation? How you say party can't shine without the Avengers and the moment that Tua loses Terreek Hill, he can't perform and take out the dub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean so, Wilds tweeted, Tua can make an MVP leap right here and I and I responded, the dolphins actual MVP wasn't out there or right the whole game, and all of a sudden, the operation grinds to all very similar to a situation out West when the team's actual MVP caliber players aren't out there. Some of this stuff is so easy see when you actually look. So here's the deal. Two was good. Two is a good player, better than I thought. Like I've gone back and forth on Tua. When he was coming out of college, I said, I thought he should be the number one pick. Then I thought he was going to be a career backup, and now I think he's good. And Brock Purty is better than I thought he was. Brock Purty obviously is good. He's good. The problem is this, and this is where I'm not sure why there is such a disconnect in the commentary surrounding some of these guys and Tua and Purty, not just because they're both in the Shanahan system, not just because they both have superstar skill position guys, but it certainly is part of it. They have gotten caught up in the vortex of this Last year, it was Tua a lot of it, and this year it's Purty. And it's where folks are failing to recognize that there are buckets of NFL quarterbacks guys that are just bad and will never be good. There are no circumstances under which they will be able to get out of their own way for long stretches of time. And we know who they are. We have seen them no matter where they were drafted. Mitch Trubisky was that, Marcus Mariota was that, I believe is Sam Darnold was that. I think Zach Wilson is that. Guys that no matter the circumstances, they might show a flash, they might show a game, they might even show a month, but they are not going to be able to be the guy that's That's one bucket. Another bucket are guys that are good and if they are in a bad situation, will look horrible, if they are in a fine situation will look fine, and if they are in a great situation will look great. This is We have seen these guys throughout NFL history. It's the vast majority of NFL quarterbacks, the vast majority. It is not only Tua, not only Purty. It's Jared Goff who we have seen it throughout his career. You know what I mean, Like, oh wait, Golf's awesome. He's taking a team to Super Bowl. Oh wait, Golf has tiny hands and can't hold onto the football and he's getting You have to trade a first round pick to get rid of him. Oh wait, golf's awesome again. He's with the Lions and the offensive lines great. Oh wait, golf stinks again, the offensive lines breaking down. We we have like though, he Jared Goff, is not changing. He is the same guy, and the circumstances around him have changed.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I would argue Carson Wentz was this Carson Wentz. Oh, Carson Wentz is fantastic. He had the he had a he's still had his athleticism pre injury. Was in Philly in a good spot, and then all of a sudden he's it's not quite as good of a spot and he looks terrible. Oh could he be good again?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: And I'm trying to think of older examples of these guys. I I deep down, if you want to know the truth, think the kind of best example version of this is Eli Manning, Like Eli, Eli Manning's no good, but then all of a sudden, Eli Manning would look great for a playoff run. Eli is maybe not a perfect example because he was more about a couple of playoff runs. I'll give you the absolute best in scenario of the and this old people will get mad, and I'm not trying to be And you know, this guy is now a colleague of sorts, so maybe he'll get mad, but it's just what I truly believe. Kurt Warner is the apex example of this. I mean, this guy is playing in a minor league. Oh my god. This guy's the quarterback for the highest scoring offense ever. Oh my god. This guy's the NFL's MVP. Oh my god. This guy is bench for Mark Boulger. This guy can't get on the field in New York. This guy is going to be out of the league. Oh my god. This guy's amazing again in Arizona. Again. I don't believe he is going through all these transformations. His situation is the most obvious example is Jimmy Garoppolo. Jimmy Garoppolo, Oh my god, Jimmy Garoppolo leads the league in passer rating, leads the league in EPA. Jimmy Garoppolo is bench Faraidan O'Connell. What changed the circumstances in the system. Okay, I think Gino is one of these guys. He was in a terrible circumstance early in his career. He looked so bad. He can't he can't get a shot for six years comes Seattle's circumstance, a little better, infrastructures better. Oh, gino, look at how much better he got. You think he got that much better six years riding the bench, or to the circumstances change, which then brings us to the only bucket of quarterbacks that, in my opinion, should be an MVP discussions. The difference makers, the guys that, no matter how bad the circumstances are, elevate you to a certain level. And if the circumstances are good, you are a legitimate a contender. And if the circumstances are great, you're breaking records. And everyone is searching for those guys. And that's why last night and this is where people will lose their mind. And I'm not trying to have a pretty discussion here. If you were to ask me Nick right, hey, you're running the thirty third NFL team, and of the quarterbacks who were playing in that game line last night, you can have one of them moving forward, I would roll the dice on will Levis over to And I don't know if will Levis is actually even going to be good, but I know he has the physical characteristics and the upside that he has the possibility to be one of those difference makers. It's the reason that before this year's draft, I said, now, I didn't see the CJ. Stroud thing coming, but everyone was all in on Bryce Young, And I said, if you're gonna take quarterback, take Anthony Richardson. Take the six foot five, crazy athletic, amazing arm talent freak that maybe can be a star, because I know Bryce can't. It's too little. And everyone was like, Ah, that's an unfair cod You're not gonna go deeper than that. I'm like, no, much like writing a roller coaster, there are certain things where if you don't reach the minimum height thrush old, you're ineligible, and one of them is franchise quarterback. Kyler is trying to break that. But Kyler is also a crazy athlete, and he still might be too little, but Kyler at least is super strong, would have been a pro baseball player, crazy athlete, And so there are we can go up and down the list. We have seen these quarterbacks our whole lives. Derek Carr is one of these guys that I believe, the very good version. Matt Ryan was one of these guys. They're good they're good, and if their circumstances are great, they will look great. They will be They're a chameleon to their circumstances, and that is who Tua is and so Tua. They can score seventy points in a game, and they can have a game like last night where I know they ended up scoring twenty seven, but if you watched the game, you are twenty eight, you understand that that was not real or it was twenty seven, right, you understand that that wasn't real. They had a defensive score and then they got they blocked a punt or a muffed punt inside the ten, and then another turnover inside the twenty. The offense ground to a halt. And where my real frustration around some of the purty discourse, and it would be happening, I promise if there was a ton of tu MVP discourse is It's not that I'm trying to tear any of these guys down. It's that I think we should be uplifting the actual great players, and the Niners have a bunch of undeniably great players. And when these guys are even interviewed by the media after a great game, you know what they're asked about the god dog quarterback, and it's all of these Apex predator players explaining why, oh no, you don't get it. Our quarterbacks better than you think, rather than the questions being, Hey, Trent Williams, you're making a casier the greatest left tackle in twenty years. Hey Christian McCaffrey, you have seventeen touchdowns and you're leading the rushing race by three hundred yards. And so it is frustrating to me. And I thought Monday Night Football was a good incase kind of microcosm of it. All right, speaking of frustrating things, let's talk. Go ahead to Demsey.
Speaker 3: No, I was about to say. With all that said, Miami got the Miami lost, Titans won, and you tweeted out, I don't know like the you tweeted out this road that the Chiefs would have to take to get to the playoffs. It's the one seed, my bad. And it's like I probably got better chances of hitting a ten leg teaser. But what's this all about? And how long?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's talk about it. Let's talk about it real quick. Hold on, okay, so you think it's unlike, let's talk about it. Let's go just go through robi row before we get to the actual Chiefs topic. It is all predicated on the Chiefs winning out. Okay, their games are against the pat I'm gonna let you demanse. You call it win loss for the Chiefs. Okay, Patriots, Chiefs, Patriots? Who you got?
Speaker 3: All right, patri Chiefs, there you go?
Speaker 2: Okay, Chiefs Raiders? Who you got?
Speaker 3: Chiefs?
Speaker 2: Okay? Chiefs Bengals, Jake Brown explaining quarterback Jake's playing well at Arrowhead. Uh. New Year's Eve? Who you got on?
Speaker 3: That's that's gonna be a game.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's fine. And Chiefs Chargers the final week of the regular season looks like Justin Herbert's potentially out for the year and we're dealing with Easton Stick. I'm just curious Chiefs up there.
Speaker 3: But that could also be a game.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, So you all right, that's fine. So but you think the Chiefs going four and oher is not only on the board, it's very real possible. It's not super unlikely, it's very possible. Okay, all right, Miami needs to lose one more time. Miami plays the Jets, Dallas, Baltimore and Buffalo do you think they're going four and zho, I don't.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be hard to go than the Chiefs, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, so check check. And now the hard part. Baltimore needs to lose two of four. Baltimore plays Jacksonville, San Francisco, Miami, and then a Steelers team that owns them, that owns Lamar historically. I I am not saying it is the Vegas favorite right now. What I'm saying is Miami's. Miami's loss last night was so important because there it was going to be hard to find two losses for Buffalo. I'm sorry for Baltimore and Miami when for each of them one of their harder games is against each other. So yes, one of them will lose, but one of them will win. With Miami's loss last night, all you need is Miami to lose to Dallas, which they will, and then and then Baltimore to lose two of their four. Jacksonville the Prince getting a little healthier coming off a bad performance, the Niners, who everyone's given the Super Bowl to a Miami team that game is going to mean a ton too, and then the Steelers. It's on the board all I'm saying is it is on the board. Now let's get to the Chiefs and the game from Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So obviously there was a big offsides call on the Chiefs game. Kelsey latterled it to Tony and it all got called back, and Mahomes went in his presser to then blame the refs and kind of just said that they shouldn't call stuff and to let the game be played. The receivers have obviously been a problem for the Chiefs all year. Is this officially out of hand? Is this something that they can come back from?
Speaker 2: Okay? So a lot here one is people are like, you know, Mahomes needs to be holding his receivers accountable. I don't know what he's doing in practice or in the meetings. I would assume he is holding attempting to hold them accountable there. I don't think it would be good for him to air out his receivers on the sideliner in the press conference. You can disagree with me on that. I'm telling you I prefer you not to do that publicly. I don't think that is what good leaders do, is publicly air out their teammates who everyone knows they're struggling again. Some people would say that is what they need now. A lot of people will believe Eric b Enemy was the bad cop guy for the Chiefs offense. He's gone and now you don't have anyone holding these guys accountable. It is very hard for me to believe that Kelsey in particular is not getting after these guys behind closed doors. But that's not really the story. The story is the call and Mahomes's reaction to the call. So the reason our friends from Little Rock brought in this sign that says twenty five and seventy two snaps is because that's how many offensive snaps Andy r Has coached and that plays in that penalty has never been called. So folks are like, oh, so you don't want them to call it? What Andy was saying after the game when he's like, you usually get a warning on that is, if a guy is lined up at the ball or in front of the ball, typically the referee will tell the coach or the player, hey tell him, or it's going to be a flag. And the reason I know that is not only because Andy Reid you know, explained it, but also the pure math of do we think Andy's gone his entire career. Patrick's gone his entire career, and no one's ever lined up in front of the ball. Of course, not it happens, they get warnings and they move back. You can say that's a ridiculous system. I don't necessarily disagree with you. But if that's the system, that's the system. I would almost compare it to the way delay of game is called in the league. We all want the NFL. Every week we see the play go to zero, we see there being another beat, then the ball is snapped, and that is not a delay of game by the letter of the law. Maybe it should be. The referees have decided that's not how we're going to call it. So whatever our rules of engagement established are, we should play with those throughout the course of a football game. Credit by the way, then, and this is where the real frustration comes in for many of us to Dan Orlovsky for breaking down the tape, Kadarius Tony was lined up in that exact alignment five times in that football game prior to the play with a minute left. So the frustration is if, first of all, if you don't want to give any warnings, you just want to flag it, then flag it. And if that were flagged in the first quarter and he's just he keeps doing it, obviously that's on him. And this is on Kadarius Tony. But if I am lined up in this same spot the entire game and the ref never says anything to me and never flags me, I Am going to understandably think I'm fine. And last night, in credit to Dana Hughes reporting this out last night, Jalen Waddle lined up in the exact place Kadarius Tony was. It's not flagged. There is a reason that in the twenty twenty one season, offensive off sides was called once the entire season. In the twenty twenty two season, offensive off sides was called twice in the entire season. Now, after the game, the NBC's ref was like, ah, it's a point of emphasis. This year it's been called eleven times. Nonsense, Because I dug into the data going into last night's game. Of the Sunday's game, it had been called eleven times. Nine of those were on offensive linemen on tush push plays. So it's not a point of emphasis. It's happening more this year because there's this new bastardized quarterback sneak that guys are trying to do like the Eagles. They can't do like the Eagles. And they have the guard in front of the center. And that is a different spot than what we're talking about here, because in that spot you would get a real advantage from offensive off sides because you're fighting for a few inches. So that is the context of Mahomes losing his mind. Now, Mahomes went on Carrington Harrison, my former intern and now the afternoon host at six and in Kentsity's radio show and apologize for losing his mind. That's fine. I don't think he need to. I needed to. I'm old enough to remember Tom Brady on Monday Night Football not getting a flag. He threw a hail Mary. They threw a flag on a hail Mary and then picked it up, and Brady chased the referees into the tunnel, berating them, yelled at the reps running into the tunnel, braiding them. I think you're allowed to lose your cool every once in a while. And here's the Wilds on TV yesterday said the chief's defense is like someone who got caught robbing a store, and all of their defense is everything other than saying I didn't rob the store, like it was no big deal. I robbed the store. Nobody cares that I robbed the store, and that is not how I look at it, because everyone's like, oh, he clearly admitted he did it. I'm gonna use a different legal analogy. I am. I I drive on this street every because the cont Let me get at a little more context here. The other context of Mahomes losing his mind is last week and you guys heard on this show I couldn't do the show. I apologize because herd me on the TV show. I did not blame the refs. Mahomes did not blame the refs. Nobody blamed the refs with the chiefs after the blatant past interference penalty that we all saw was uncalled. Right. So, if you're Patrick Mahomes to use the legal analogy, here's what happened. A week ago. Your car got stolen right in front of a cop. He saw it. It's like, ah, nothing I can do about that, sorry, And in fact, you lost your job because of it because you couldn't get to work anymore. A week later, you're driving down this street in your new car going thirty six and a thirty five. You see the cop, he doesn't do anything. You see the cop the next day, he doesn't do anything. See the cop the next day, doesn't do anything. It's now your fifth day on the job, the new job you needed because your car got stolen. You lost your previous job, and this cop didn't do anything about it. Driving thirty six in the thirty five and you're on your way to your most important meeting of the year and he pulls you over, like what did I do? It's like, well, you were speeding thirty six and thirty five. You're like, excuse me. He's like, I sure you the radar detector. Are you gonna argue you weren't speeding. It's like, no, man, but I've done this all week and you haven't stopped me. It's like, the rules are the rules. We're here to enforce the law. Aren't you the guy that saw my cars stolen a week ago? And no, and you didn't do anything. Let's not worry about that. You might lose your temper. You might lose your temper.
Speaker 3: That's the number on the YEP.
Speaker 2: Correct, You are right, and that is and that's the argument is, Well, then don't speed. That's fine. Now, with all that said, I the Chiefs need to be better. It's not why they lost. It wasn't it was. And I'm gonna make one last point and then we can move on because I know we're going long here as we always do, and we have a massive show today. And this is the point I made on television that Wilds and Brew instantly rolled their eyes at. But I believe it. I don't think the officials have been good enough this year to have earned the right to make that type of nuanced call. I think that if you if every week there are massive egregious officiating errors on the most obvious things, then you have less wiggle room in my opinion on guys. We I know it's a seemingly, you know, a matter of three inches forward or backwards, but we're pitching a perfect game out here, and I'm not gonna miss a call. This same refereeing grew Mahomes threw the ball eight yards forward and they called it a fumble. Let the other team return it. And then you heard the refs say on the mic to Mahomes, oh I couldn't see it, but but yeah, you couldn't see it, but you sure as hell could see with your damn pro tractor working area as Tony was when you could in the five previous plays. Give me a break, Give me a break, all right, let's do Cowboys Eagles demonse.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Cowboys had an impressive blowout against the Eagles. Who are the Eagles?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: A few weeks ago you said that Dak was in the lead for MVP race, and now he's currently sitting at the top of the running there.
Speaker 2: To demone a classic category two take by me. Uh, listen, Dak's gotta be the MVP. I don't want to have the Party argument right now. Their their stats are nearly identical, their team record is identical, their team points per game, the Cowboys are ahead on the stats level. Party's up one percent completion percentage, seven yards per game, and nine points Inbasser rating. Dak is up in team points per game, touchdown interception ratio. What about the head game, people will be like, No, listen, Party played way better in that game, There's no doubt about that now. But the strength of schedule thing is misleading because the Cowboys have played a far easier schedule than the Niners. They have not actually played easier defenses. So going into this week's game, the Cowboys have played the eighteenth toughest defensive schedule. The Niners have played the nineteenth toughest defensive schedule. So if all of those things are awash, then it does come into Okay, whose supporting cast is, you know, helping more? And it's obviously Brock. So I don't know that Dak should be the MVP. I had to my MVP kind of list going into last night was Dak a clear one, Ireka clear to and Lamar lurking as if he runs you know what I mean, it plays like he did this past Sunday. The rest of the year, he could come steal it. That's where I land on it.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, when you say supporting casts, are you saying like just on offense or like the whole team? You're just saying it's just offense, right, Okay, all right, just on offense.
Speaker 2: But it should be noted the Niners have the number one scoring defense in the league. Now I think the Cowboys defense is right, Does that also mean defense? Well, some people do it by yards, some people do it by points. So the Niners, I'll give it to you right now. So like as far as yards allowed per game, the Niners defense is wait, oh, that's sorry, I clicked on the wrong thing. The Niners defense and yards allowed per game is seventh, and the Cowboys is third. In points allowed per game, the Niners are first and the Cowboys are fourth. So the Niners defense allows the only team in the league to allow less than sixteen points per game. The Cowboys defense allows just under eighteen points per game. So yeah, I think the point you were gonna make is that the Cowboys defense might be better, and it might certainly has more I don't want to say more stars. Niners defns got a bunch of stars too, But you the Cowboys defense is playing out of its mind. But as far you, the Niners aren't. Don't have a Let's again call the defense as a wash. Then you know what I mean. The Cowboys allow fewer yards, the Niners allow fewer points. They're both two of the great best defenses in football. And the Cowboys offensive weapons are really good. But the Niners have the best offensive weapons in football, and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. All Right, last one, Lebron's fifth ring.
Speaker 3: Let's do know. So the Lakers won the inaugural in season tournament over the Pacer or the Pacers this weekend, everybody's what was gonna say the wrong tern, But everybody's talking about what Lebron did and his dominance instead of late Anthony Davis forty one and twenty. I think he had four blocks as well. It's only amount of time before they named this trophy after Lebron James.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're gonna name this trophy after him. I think that the I think that Lebron will have one of these things named after him. I don't think it's gonna be the Ncason Tournament Trophy. And as far as Ad, I just think people need to understand for the MVP of it, Ad was far and away the best guy in the final, but the tournament MVP it was not even based just on the three knockout round games. It was based on how you did over the entirety of the n season tournament, so all seven games, and in that metric, it's not even an argument who the MVP was. It was Lebron. Even if it was just based on the three knockout round games, it probably was Lebron. But Ad was sensational. Sensational in the final, and listen, that's the Lakers path. I mean, they hit two threes in that game and they were blowing out the Pacers and eighties gotta be great and they've got to dominate with their size and Cam Reddish's ability to guard the point of attacking guard Halliburton was shocking and he was the first guy to slow Halliburton down in a month. All right, go ahead and ask your following before we move on.
Speaker 3: So, uh, it's fun time and everything. Not trying to take anything away from the moment, But what do you think about the Lakers celebrating as if they won the NBA Finals, then banner as well. Do you think they should.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the NBA asked them to hang a banner to commemorate it. I actually think the way they're doing the banner Demons is cool and it's not gonna look like their championship banner. It's gonna be a different look, shape and feel. But what it's gonna be like high school banners where it says like district championship and then every year you've won it, you don't add a new banner, you just add another year to it, you know what I mean? Like you've been playing in high school gym. And I think that's actually a cool little wrinkle because whenever you go into a high school gym and you look at it, you're like, oh, man, the senior class of ninety seven, you know what I mean, won three district titles over the course of their time. I think that'll be This is one of those things you got to kind of look forward twenty years to. But it would be cool to go into an NBA arena look up. You obviously know if a team's won a title or not, but you know, I'd be like, oh, damn, who was on this team fifteen years ago? They won three out of four in season tournaments. Like, I think it'll be a little something. I do think that, uh, and them celebrating. Who cares if you hold the tournament in Vegas and you give cash as the as the there's gonna be a celebration. I mean, the NBA didn't want them to not celebrate, and so I got no problem with it. And I think it's cool.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: My one of my favorite Demons stories ever. Next plus we update plant your flag. That's next, what's right, welcome back? We'll try with the right episode one ninety nine. Holidays are upon us, and I know I'm excited and everyone will start thinking of what gifts to buy their significant others. I know I have, and I want to tell you about a great holiday gift idea light Box. Light Box Lab grown diamonds are proudly grown from one hundred percent renewable wind energy at the light Box Lab in Portland, Oregon. Not only that, but they are simply priced. Light Boxes Lib grown diamond jewelry ranges from classic studs that you can see on demand's every podcast and I got to see it in person when I was in Los Angeles last week and they look outstanding. Also more of the moment tennis bracelets, drop earrings, and more. I know my wife would like any of those. And like I said, Demanse loves the earrings that light Box was kind enough to send him. Light Box Lab grown diamonds are perfect for family, friends, or even yourself. Make it easy for yourself and get everyone something special with a discount we have for you. Shop now at Lightbox Jewelry dot com use promo nick Wright for ten percent off site wide. All right, so before we get to plant your flag and put Demanse on the screen because I forgot this happened, and this was such I was. I knew exactly how Demanse was feeling and how wildly not embarrassed but bad he felt and didn't know what to do and he had done nothing wrong. So Demanse and I are at Lil Wayne's house for the Chiefs Packers game. But we get there right when Niners Eagles starts. And I'm obviously not gonna say where uh he lives. But there's a bunch of different hills in the Los Angeles area and most of them, what they have in common is really bad phone service. And so we're we're there, and are you now know what I'm what I'm talking about. So we're there, and I didn't and I and shortly after I got there, I was like, oh, our phones aren't working and ill and I swear to Monse, I thought, and I was like, oh, I should ask for the Wi Fi. So Demanse doesn't have to, because I knew we were gonna be there all day, and I knew you had people you had to talk to, you might have some work things going on, track, bets, whatever it was you were. At some point you were gonna need connectivity, and right when I was gonna ask, I got something happened. I got distracted something, and then I forgot about it. Wasn't worried about it. So like an hour later, Demanse says, like very quietly to someone, because it's Wayne and a bunch of his buddies, He's like, hey, can I get on the WiFi here? And one of the guys like, yeah, no problem, Uh, this is all you gotta do and tells him the there's like five networks, tells him the one it is like He's like, oh, I'll be able to share it from my phone, and I'm watching this happen and I'm thinking, I'm like, there's no chance you'll be able to share it from your phone because you don't have Demonse's number in your phone. But I don't want to like jump you know what I mean, like jump in. And then all of a sudden, because he is just such a kind guy, Wayne hops up off the couch and starts like looking through drawers and Demanse realizes he's looking for the Wi Fi password, and Demonse immediately is like no, no, no, it's no big deal, Like you don't don't have to worry about it. He's like, no, it's around here somewhere. And it became like, I don't know, like a five in it thing of them like searching for like the the laminated sheet that has the Wi Fi password. Someone was trying to share it from a phone, and I could just feel Demanse sinking into the couch, like, oh my god, you invited me to your house. You're now up looking through drawers looking for this thing. And you and I didn't talk about it, but it was such a just watching it. At some point I was like, ah, let me try to help them. Then I was like, you know what, nobody's actually the only person thinking about this so hard is Demanse. Wayne didn't care, His friends didn't care. They were super helpful, But in the moment, I'm like, Demanse wants to turn into a bird so we can fly far far away from where we are right now. Did I read that situation properly?
Speaker 3: You definitely, you definitely read it correctly. I think initially though it was little Wayne that I had asked, and like it was just it did turn into a whole thing. I didn't expect it to take so long live and I just see. I didn't. I didn't like it at all. That's also one of those kids just can't be there without Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: But no, I I know the whole thing. I was like, oh my god, he demonse right now is so uncomfortable. I was like, I just I was experiencing it on your behalf. The whole thing. It was there. I mean. There were a few other funny moments, including oh no, no, no, no, I wasn't no no. Demanse mentioned a few like a few artists, and then one of them he was worried that like Wayne had a beef with or something and that he had offended it and was like, no, you're fine. That's not what I was going to mention. What I was going to mention is like halfway through the game, all of a sudden, Wayne came like out of some closet with like these plastic wrapped, brand new couch cushions that are like supplemental cushions, and he's and he said one next to like all of us, and he's like, yeah, this couch is too low, so I you know what I mean, So you might want to sit on these, and I it was super nice and it was not a bad idea. But I also would never have actually like done it or requested it, but he had brought it over and said it next to me, and so it's someone I'm like, ash, yeah, I as well unwrap this thing from the plastic and sit on this some bitch. All right, Tomans, let's plant your flag. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: All right. So we're off last Tuesday, so we weren't able to do it. But it's a new month and it's time to plant your new flags and take a flag. If you're choosing away a reminder, you've got the mountain that takes oh no, never mind, not reminder. So first one you got you Chiefs, Chiefs the best team in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: The second one you got Sala's on the hot seat lose his job. Third you got qub woes will be will bite the forty nine ers. And for four you got Belichick's job security will be a hot debate topic. Which one of these do you want to get?
Speaker 2: Right? So the Robert sala on the hot seat topic was from September. I'm keeping it. The Chiefs the best team in the NFL topic or opinion was from September. I know right now, it's not looking like that they're gonna win the Super Bowl, so I'm keeping it. Qb wos will bite the forty nine ers. That was from September. Right now, some people think they're MVP of the league's their quarterback. I'm not changing it. It's why they're gonna lose in the playoffs. Belichick hot debate topic meaning is job security? That was from October. I'm not changing it. The lines will be the one seed that's the newest one, and that one's done. That one is out of there, and I am going to replace it with While everyone right now thinks the Bills are going to surge into the postseason, I am here to tell you that it will not be the Bills stealing the seventh seed in the AFC. It will be the Bengals with Jake Browning. The Bengals who are now at seven and six with games Pittsburgh, I'm sorry, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Cleveland left. The Cincinnati Bengals, I believe, are going to go ten and seven, only lose to Kansas City and they will be the seventh seed in the AFC. So I'm calling it will not be Buffalo. It will be Cincinnati, and it should be noted if Buffalo and Cincinnati both finished ten and seven, Cincinnati gets the spot because they beat Buffalo head to head. All right, Demanse, let's go to the game.
Speaker 3: We are playing freak out or chill out today. First, you got the Jags. Prince is definitely tough, but he clearly is not as elite as Joe Flacco. The Jags have lost two straight to backup quarterbacks and only have a one game lead over the Texans and the Colts. So the Jaguars freak out or chillout.
Speaker 2: Jaguars should chill out. The Cincinnati loss the defense melted down. That was unfortunate, and the Cleveland loss, the defense was really bad. Again. Now, the Cleveland loss, Trevor shouldn't have been playing. He was injured. Still three for three touchdowns, but at three picks, two of which were really bad picks. There's no denying it. And they obviously are in a rough spot hosting Baltimore this week, but then at the end of the year it's Tampa, Carolina, Tennessee. And as far as their ability to win the division, the critical note is this. They swept Indianapolis and they split with Houston. Houston is one and two in the division, Jacksonville is four and one, so it would end Indianapolis is three and two and they swept them. So if they finished with the same record as any of those teams, they will win the division by strength of tiebreakers. So because of that, they shouldn't freak out about winning the division. But the defense has been so bad lately that with Trevor banged up, they should freak out a bit about their ability to go on a real playoff run.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, the Lions has looked like a disaster in recent weeks. They pull wins out of the Johns to defeat a few times, but if Golf Golf can't get his turnovers under control, they're going to be embarrassed in the playoffs. Do you think the Lions should freak out or chill out?
Speaker 2: Well, I think they unfortunately should freak out. I mean, they're fortunate to not be on a three game losing streak. They're fortunate to have beaten New Orleans. Now I don't think that they have a you know, a brutal remaining schedule Denver, Minnesota, Dallas, Minnesota. They should be able to go at least two and two down the stretch, probably three to one. And no matter what, they'll be hosting a playoff game for the first time in forever. They'll be, you know, in the playoffs for the first time in forever. I understand all of that, but their ability to win a playoff game, it's well, let me rephrase it. I think they can win a home playoff game. They in fact, I think they will win a home playoff game. There'll be the three seed, which means they will be playing in the postseason, the sixth seed in the NFC, which is right now, the Vikings. It could be the Packers, it could be the Rams, it could be the Seahawks. Like the they're going to go to the playoffs and win their first home playoff game, but then they are going to get rocked in round two, whether it's by San Francisco, Dallas, Philly, Well, Philly's an interesting one. They might be able to do the Phillies defense. And we didn't talk about this before I was supposed to. I ended up just talking about DAK and the MVP stuff. Philly has a bottom five defense across the board, so right now, like Phillies defense is hugely problematic for them. But the Lions as a real contender is probably dead in the water. And the Lions as a as a team that could go on the road and win a playoff game. I was always a little skeptical of That's why I thought they had to have the one seed. And now I mean they're dead for the one seed. They're not going to get that. They're almost assuredly going to be the three seed. All right next.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, So my guy Lamar and the Ravens, they're inching closer to that number one spot in the AFC and have the best play all weekend that didn't get called back. They're starting to have a team of destiny and everything.
Speaker 2: And by the way, unlike the Chiefs touchdown, that one probably should have been called back a couple of blatant blocks in the back. But let's not worry about the officiating in the NFL. Go ahead, sorry, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Perfect?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So the rest so the rest of the AFC freak out or chill out?
Speaker 2: Oh listen, it's I wouldn't freak I mean, it's chief be aware. Yeah, it's Chiefs Ravens And here's the But the Dolphins are not in my feeling a legit contender. The Jags are playing their worst ball right now, and all you know, the other AFC potential wildcard teams or playoff teams like look at their quarterback situation. Cleveland has Joe Flacco. Pittsburgh right now is Mitch Trubisky slash Kenny Pickett. The Colts have Gardner Minshew, The Broncos have Russell Wilson, the Bengals have Jake Browning. The Bills obviously Josh Allen's, you know, playing really well. He didn't play that great this weekend, but he's been pretty good aside from the turnovers this season. But I don't think they're gonna make it. The Texans are scary. The Texans are scary for a game, but they're not gonna be going a deep playoff running the injuries starting to pile up for them. Here's what I will say about Baltimore. This is their moment demons. If Baltimore does not win the AFC this year, With the Bills faltering, with Joe Burrow done for the season, with the Browns on their fourth quarterback of the year, with Trevor banged up, they with the if they don't win it, this year, then why would people think it'll change moving forward? So it is. The Ravens are legit, but they are also oddly under maybe the most pressure of any of these AFC teams, because the only real AFC contender that's whole is the Chiefs, and the Chiefs are in the midst of their worst stretch of football since Mahomes got there all right, last one.
Speaker 3: The Bengals have won two straight without Burrow thanks to Jake Browning. Nobody ever talks about Zach Taylor as a top eight coach, so maybe that means that Burrow wasn't that good all along to Burrow. Truthers freak out or chill out.
Speaker 2: They're not listen. The term truthers should be saved for people that believe ludicrous things. Believing Joe Burrow is excellent is not ludicrous. With that said, I jokingly said on the morning meeting for the TV show that I'm two more excellent Jake Browning games away from entertaining the idea that Joe Burrow's a system quarterback. But I'm joking when I say listen it is maybe Jake Browning's good. He wasn't that good in college. I don't understand how it's happening. But Jake's played well. Now. Part of it is the defense is he's faced last two weeks. But you got to give the guy credit. Jake's played really, really well in these two starts. But Joe Burrows obviously one of the very best quarterbacks in football, and we have not only his collegiate career but every step of his NFL career to show you that. And what now, Burrow is one of the only great quarterbacks that does not wow you with physical tools. It's not his arm strength, not his size, but it is for him. Yes, he's very accurate, but more than that, it's his temperament. And it is the how unwaveringly confident and clutch he is that makes takes a guy who has like a B level archetype from a physical trade standpoints and turns him into an a quarterback. All right, Stories from the Bahamas Poker Tournament, plus we answer your chat questions next. What's right? All right? So I went down to the World Series of Poker Paradise in Atlantis this weekend, and I did it for a few reasons. One was I want to be more involved in the poker world. And the people at the WSOP asked me, you know if I wanted to come down, and I was able to for our soccer fans out there. I interviewed Sergio Aguero, the greatest player, I would argue in Man City history, a great Argentinian legend. I interviewed Tony Parker and Becky Hammond, who were both down there to play in the tournament. Becky Hammond the coach of the Las Vegas Aces and one day we'll be the first female head coach in NBA history, I believe. And Tony Parker an all time legend. I asked Tony Parker a Lebron question and he made fun of me. He's like, I watched your show. I'm not going to do a French accent, but he's like, I watched your show. I knew you would ask me a Lebron question. And I also interviewed the guy who I believe is the greatest poker player currently alive, in Jason Kuhn, who shout out to Jason kuh by the way, he just in the Bahamas came in second in the one hundred thousand dollars buy in tournament for like one point eight million alongside Phil Helmet. Then we can play you a clip of that in a bit. But while I was there, I also played in the fifty K, the fifty thousand dollars buy in against all these other legends. And I had a plan, and I studied a ton, and I knew exactly what I was going to do, and I am here to tell you despite all of that, the moment the cards went in the air, when I say my heart was beating out of my chest. When I say I was like almost physically shaking, I'm not exaggerating. At my table, there were seventy people in this tournament. At my table, the person at the table who had the least in career poker tournament winnings other than me was a six million dollars. The guy directly to my left was David Peters, who I'm gonna check it. I think he's fifth on the all time poker moneyless Oh yeah, he's at forty four million dollars. Two players over from me was Seth Davies, who was super nice and it seems like watches the show and chatted sports with me after the tournament. He's at twenty three million dollars at the end of the table was Chris Brewer, who is on one of the all time heaters after being on one of the all time cold deck unlucky streaks. Chris Brewer is a career earnings of over twenty million dollars. So it was just a bunch of the best players in the world and me and so my hole. You start with three hundred thousand chips. The blinds are one thousand and two thousand. It's forty minute levels. If you don't understand poker, this won't make sense. You can fast forward through this part of the podcast if you're listening. If you don't understand poker, it'll make a ton of sense. So you start with one hundred and fifty big blinds, great structure, crazy deep, but my entire once I might so I was super nervous. I didn't think I was gonna be but I was negranu and I registered together. Jason Kohn is at what it like that it's just the best of the best and me orp Inca. Chicagoo is there. Everybody's there. Eric Sidell won the damn Thing. The guy who won the Thing. I think he's second on the all time money list. I'm gonna check real quick. The guy who won it, Eric Sidel, who you, guys, if you're a poker fan, remember Forever. Yeah, he's at forty five million in career earnings. No, he's seventh on the all time money list. So these are are the people that I'm competing with. Right and so, once I realized how nervous I was, I was like, Okay, I'm just gonna ease my way into this. I'm gonna fold a bunch of hands early, even if they're borderline, till I get my bearings about me. Secondhand of the tournament, I'm in the small blind, I get aces, I'm like, well, that's not a foldable hand. Obviously it's the best hand you can get. But I don't want to play a big pot with the big blind, who, like I said, is David Peters, fifth on the all time money list. So I'm like, you know what, I don't care that I don't maximize value here. I'm gonna I know I'm gonna be playing this wrong. I just want to I just want to win a small pot and move on. So I have ass uh it comes Queen eight eight, he bets, I call comes at ten, he bets I call, and it's two diamonds, two spades, and then it comes at queen and he obviously has a queen. But I have way, you know, I have so underrepped my aces I had, you know, it was probably the wrong call, but he has so many bluffs there there are I shouldn't say so many. He has some bluffs there, and there's no chance he thinks there's any possibility I have ases, so he bets not that big on the river. I call, he has ace queen and I have ases, and I you know, I lose because he had a two outer. But I also played it poorly. But what's crazy about poker is had I played that right, I'd have been eliminated from the tournament on hand too, and it would have been the most mortifying moment of my life because had I played it right, here's how the action goes. Uh. I limped the small I didn't know I was supposed to do that, but Jason Kuhn was kind enough to tell me afterwards. These guys are such wizards. I gave him the hand history He's like, yeah, ninety six percent of your range. It's a limp there. And if you're gonna raise the small you gotta go super big. But he's like, if you played that right, He's like, it gets all in on the turn and you get two out it. He's like, the way it should have gone is I limped the small blind. He raises out of the big blind. I three bet, he calls flop, comes queen eight eight, he has ace Queen. He is feeling great. I bet he calls turn is a ten. I bet he raises. I jam, we're all in. He has a queen. If he calls, which at that point he probably has to. He's all in with ace Queen. I'm all in with aces, the only thing that could knock me out as a queen. He comes a queen, and I go home and say, you know, four minutes into a fifty K tournament, so I don't so I lose a portion of my stack. But I actually got lucky because I played it wrong. Twenty minutes later, I have king jack, I flop a straight. I actually played that hand, I think perfectly. I got an extra bet in on the turn because it went, Uh, how did it go? It went? I bet Chris Brewer raised. I three bet him. He called, So that was I played that one well so an hour into the tournament, I'm in the hijack. I have jacks, I've settled in. I'm not quite as nervous. I have about two hundred and twenty five thousand in chips. The blinds are now two thousand and three thousand, super deep, and I get jacks, and I raise the jacks to seven thousand. Chris Brewer again, he's in the big blind. He re raises me to twenty seven thousand, and that there. Do you for bet the jacks or do you smooth call that is? You know, the true pros are gonna have what they call a balanced approach. Sometimes they for bet that hand, sometimes they smooth call. Either one is fine. You just have to, you know, vary your approach. I just call flop comes Jack nine to seven, one diamond, one spade, one club, and I am the happiest guy in the world. I have flopped top set. The only hand that can beat me is ten eight. He three bet, so the odds of him having ten eight are almost zero. He can have aces, he can have kings, he can have queens, he can have ace, king, ace queen. He can have any pair lower than Jack's. I could have gotten crazy lucky, and he had sevens or ninees, and we went set over set, and I'm gonna double up. He also could have just pure three bet bluffs, in which case I'm crushing everything. So again it was I made it seven thousand pre he made it twenty seven. I called flop comes jack nine to seven rainbow. I have two jacks he bets out for. I think I want to make sure I get it right, like right around forty percent pot bets out for twenty five thousand. I just call that way. Keep all his bluffs in the up to this point wording to Jason Kuhn, and I ran it by my guy, Lucky Chewey Andrew Liechtenberger. I've played this perfectly. The turn is four diamonds or sorry, four spades, so it brings two spades on the board. But again I have the second nuts. The only thing that can beat me is ten eight, and he's never three betting ten eight off. He's rarely three betting ten eight suited, and he bets big on the turn big. That's fifty thousand. I've about one hundred and twenty five thousand behind, And now there's a question do I want to get it all in right there and hope that he's not bluffing, that he has aces, kings, queens, or he got crazy unlucky and flopped a set of sevens or nine Or do I want to again slow play the hand because I'm so clearly ahead and just call, and that way he can sit if he misses, or he can bluff the river and I can call. I decide. You know what, there's two spades out here now, I don't want to get in a weird spot. Also, let's you know where, I just call a you know, the eight of spades rolls off on the river, and now two spades beat me, and he ten beats me. A lot of stuff beats me. I just I want to get it in right now. And if he has aces, kings or queens, he might have to call. If he has a set of sevens or nine s, he's snap calling, and if he folds, I'm now way above starting stack. If he calls, I'm close to the chip leader of the tournament, and I'm super like, so I take my time. Then I go all in. He snap calls, and I am so happy. I'm like, this is amazing. I have the second nuts. You've snap called, So you're not on a draw.
Speaker 3: You might be.
Speaker 2: You're probably drawing to one out. You have pockets, seven, pocket nines, maybe aces or kings, in which case you have one or two outs. And I roll over my jacks because he called me, and he rolls over ten eight of spades, the only hand that can beat me, and the other two of the two pros straddling me, uh Seth Davies and David Peters both audibly gasped and I almost fainted. I was like, oh, I was so happy. I was the chip leader, and now unless the board pairs, I'm out. And I looked up at the board and at that point, fifty seven people had entered the tournament and fifty six were still remaining. I'm like, oh, I'm gonna be the second person out of here, and I need four, seven, nine or jack to come. And it comes the five of diamonds and I collect my belongings and I lead. And that was my experience in the Super High Roller or fifty Gay. So that's poker, ladies and gentlemen. And the next day, before I interviewed Coon, Coon came up to me to his credit and he was like and he was like hey, man, heard what happened to you want you to know every single guy in this room goes broke on that hand, and that made me feel a little bit better, but not really.
Speaker 3: Where's that go?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess and I had to then I called your mom and was like, uh, free, I guess now for the rest of the day because he didn't supposed to be a two. I mean, been down there for multiple days and that was that. But that's poker. I suppose there's poker story for people that care about it. All right, demonsic go ahead.
Speaker 3: Wait, so there was a we found a clip of you having a conversation between maybe one of those guys that you just mentioned.
Speaker 2: I assume Bill help you with and Jason Kuhn. Yep, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So for those watching on YouTube, I think we're gonna play it up here soon and yeah, it's the pop Oh.
Speaker 2: I think what you said there in this old school new school kind of debate that people try to have is an overlooked upon point, which is there is a lot of the current generation that says, ad the old school crushers couldn't make it in this generation. That may or may not be true for some, but the flip side has never discussed, and I think that is absolutely right, and I want to get both of you guys to take on it. The idea that the new school guys, if they were put in that environment absent of the current tools, absolutely could could they have had that level of success? I happen to think for some certainly all absolutely not. And I don't think that dynamic is ever really considered. So that was the old school new school poker discussion. Go ahead, demanse Oh.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask if it was a basketball discession like old school versus those two. They always say Lebron couldn't hang back then.
Speaker 2: So it's it's very similar, it is, and it is the old school guys saying my ero's the toughest and the new school guys saying that no, actually it's harder now. In poker, it is undeniable. The best players ever are playing right now, but that does not mean the players from a previous era could not succeed right now. And some of them, like Helmut and side l Negran who some of them are, and they've just adjusted their Helmut hasn't adjusted much, but the other guys have. All Right, that's probably enough poker. That, by the way, appreciate the World Series of Poker bringing me down, and I hope to do more stuff with them. All right, Demanse, what are the listener questions?
Speaker 3: Aj aj fig heard, Yeah, I heard you talk about two when parties said, we don't know Mahomes would be great in other situations. Look a look at how he looks this year without a good receiving corps.
Speaker 2: How do you look last year without with the same receiving cor Guys you want to leave again, Just try to use critical thought, please, please try to use critical thought. What I said was that the difference makers when they have great weapons, they set records and win championships like Mahomes when his first few years in the league, and the difference makers when they don't, you are still a true contender by virtue of them being themselves, which is how year the Chiefs, with Juju Smith Schuster as their number one receiver, were the highest scoring team in the NFL, had the most yards of any team in the NFL, scored thirty eight points in the Super Bowl with the quarterback with one leg. Just use critical thinking, That's all I'm asking, like, Just don't aj figg you're you probably have friends and colleagues that work with you that watch this podcast that are now going to know you're an idiot, Like, come on, be better, buddy. All right.
Speaker 3: Next, if Anthony Kine asks, Hey, Nick, do you think the Giants are going to have a quarterback controversy next year with Jones and Devido A thousand?
Speaker 2: No, but again since we're no, so here's the thing. No, because they paid Jones. But again we had These are all the same type of arguments we had about Daniel Jones too. It's like, oh, when are you gonna give Daniel Jones' credit? And now what's are like? Oh, what about Tommy DeVito? Maybe it's that Brian Dables pretty good with quarterbacks and can get blood from a stone from quarterbacks. No, I don't think Tommy DeVito's great. I think the coaching is great. I didn't think Daniel Jones was great. I thought the coaching was great.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, Brian Dormandy says, Hi, Nick, we're coming to the end of Trevor's Ricky contract without things have been going. Do you see the potential for him to move on to another team for better opportunities?
Speaker 2: No? Absolutely not. That'll never happen. You'll sign this summer. He and Dak will sign the two richest quarterback contracts in NFL history, aside from the Mahomes stool. Pardon me, that's just how it's gonna work. The teams don't lose their franchise quarterback.
Speaker 3: No chance, I'm next, all right, Jason Schrenk said, Hey, Nick, love the show newly ment to dad over the weekend. What's your best piece of advice?
Speaker 2: The don't freak out? The I'm gonna take advice that my buddy Laslow gave me and give to you. Never met an adult ever in my life that pease their pants and can't speak. Everybody figures it out, So don't worry about the timing of it. Like everybody's like, oh, is your kid potty trained yet? Oh? When did they start talking? When did they start walking? You meet a lot of adults that are crawling around on the ground and peeing on themselves and can't form words. No, everybody figures it out. So that's Firsty's advice to make you feel that's via Laslow, to make feel a little more calm. The other one is, no matter how overwhelmed you think, And I don't know anything about your life, Jason, but I guarantee you it is a mathematical certainty. There are people out there right now, less sophisticated than you, less smart than you, with less money than you, that are raising successful kids, that are being successful parents. So no matter your circumstances, people have done it with those circumstances or worse, and the kids have worked out fine, Like, don't put too much pressure on yourself. And then the last one is just just be excited to meet them. And a piece of advice from John Lopez, my old radio partner who had kids much older than mine. Uh, and he said every age is the best age, And that part is true. Every age is the best age. Like you, you're sad when they move to a different phase, but that you then get to experience that new phase which is the best, like I when at right now, My favorite stage of demands is the one he's in right now. And with Diora, it's the one she's in right now. With Deanna, it's the one she was in a couple of years ago. To be honest, she got a pain in the ass right now, but she'll get better. She'll get back on track. But uh, I kid, your baby's sister. But they're and in the like, they're all they're all the best. I hope that's advice. Gabe says, there is. I'm not gonna say the number he says, but he says, there's a toddler number that is not the best age. Yeah, but you'll miss it when it's gone, but then it'll be back. All right, Demand answer that last one.
Speaker 3: Javon Washington demands, what kind of hoodie is that? This is a Scotch and soda hoodie? I'm hearing I'm hearing talks about them being closed down. I'm not sure about that. I don't even know if there's a Scotch and Soda out here. I don't know where you live either, but you've probably got a shop online or something. But yeah, long story shirt, Scotch and soda.
Speaker 2: Uh so I don't the I don't think so. The Dutch fashion retailer filed for bankruptcy in April before being acquired by Blue Star Alliance, so they closed several stores, but I don't think they closed for good, and they're still available online. All right, long show, but very good show. I gotta run Demons. Great work two hundre episode on Thursday. Excited for it might have a special guest. See you guys then what's right? Hey, it's Nick right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor. Click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demanday's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commutes, drives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out. Appreciate Sho