Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jati and he Armstrong and Yetty. So I've been thinking it might be time to hang it up about one last time together. I love to call boy. So that's the one that set me off.
Speaker 1: There the old farmer and his daughter and then you got that cool acoustic guitar music and the singing and when she has a little girl, he taught her how to grow crops and they work together and blah blah blah. Now he's given her the farm because he's retired and everything, and it's love.
Speaker 2: For lais potato chips.
Speaker 3: Such gigantic industrial potato chip manufacturer, And.
Speaker 1: There's just lots of ads like that, And I just am I to cynical? Or is it appropriate for me to not like you trying to make me cry about a flipping potato chip or a dog food or a soda or anything else like that some but now commercial product, I just I find that I don't like.
Speaker 3: It, or a beer which is about making me forget my problems, not cry about yours.
Speaker 1: I just don't And does it work? Is there anybody that eats one more chip? Because they yeah, fathers and daughters coming together and this and that, and.
Speaker 3: You know, in truth the butt ad with the eagle riding the clients tale. At least they winked at the audience at the.
Speaker 2: End of that one. The audio you crying, there's suns in my eyes. What were they see?
Speaker 1: It's hard to tell because the tugue at your heartstrings trying to make you cry about a potato chip is not many notches away from willing to be willing to put a bald eagle on your on your product, AMRCA. Yeah, yeah, the halftime show sent a different message, Budweiser.
Speaker 2: Everything's ruined in the modern world.
Speaker 1: I finally saw the video of the streaker that ran on the field, which of course they did not show during the broadcast during the second half of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But because every plenty in Knudedy it's a half time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding, but because everybody there's got a cell phone, there's lots of videos.
Speaker 2: So I just finally looked at him. He's wearing pants.
Speaker 1: That's how bad things are in America right now. Our streakers wear pants. What's happened to what has happened.
Speaker 2: In this country?
Speaker 1: So it's just a shirtless guy running in his pants and socks, and then one of and they can't catch him because he's pretty fast. And then one of the defensive backs for the Patriots goes screaming after him, and he closes fast as you would expect him to, yes, and then the guy slides on the ground like a quarterback trying to avoid getting hit because he realizes, oh, I cannot run this guy. And then a bunch of people jump on him, so he didn't get the whoopan man, if he had taken one more step, that Patriot was gonna put a serious I'm frustrated at.
Speaker 3: This game, right whooping on him? You would wait for you to run around the field, jackass.
Speaker 1: You would not want a twenty two year old professional defensive back to hit you at full speed while you're running across the field.
Speaker 2: That one.
Speaker 1: We're wearing a helmet and shoulder pads that can hurt the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: So you ever walked again? Yeah? No kidding. I want to get this off my chest.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say it in Spanish so the new fans of the NFL can understand me.
Speaker 2: L NFL Esta muerta parami. The NFL is dead to me, Well, I doubt it. You're gonna keep watching games.
Speaker 3: I took a couple of years off after the George Floyd madness, but then I kind of came back like a junkie and put up with the idiotic. It takes all of us on the backs of helmets, meaningless greeting card, rhetoric, gesturing to the woke.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: But no, now they've punched me in the face again. Ghose times is too many.
Speaker 1: So we got a number of texts agreeing with us about a halftime show, and brief version is, I'm not complaining about the music, because that's every year. You know, different people have different tastes in music, and it is the worst because you don't like that kind of music.
Speaker 2: I don't do that kind of complaining. It's just, you know, whatever, different tastes.
Speaker 1: But to have it in a different language and not even make an effort to have me involved, I found really actually offensive. And we got this text, I love how much the halftime show bothered you to poor fragile Joe and Jack. It was your worst nightmare Multicultural America.
Speaker 2: The horror.
Speaker 1: My suggestion to help you feel better, go watch Trump's video depicting Obama and Michelle as apes. That should soothe your racist ditch. Can't wait until the midterms.
Speaker 3: So that's a trolling, a non argument, and see a false comparison. So to reject Trump's Obama video is to embrace an entirely Spanish super Bowl halftime show. You, my friend, have only anger and vitriol and not the capacity to think with your brain.
Speaker 2: I pity you, sore.
Speaker 1: There was some sort of effort message going with the super Bowl halftime show, obviously, because I did some research. I thought, how many people in America speak only Spanish? Because lots and lots of people speak Spanish, but they also speak English. And the best at I could come up with, from Gallup to Census Bureau and everything like that, putting it all together, the most generous is eight percent. It's single digits. It's probably closer to like two or three percent. And as Joe said, that crowd probably wasn't watching the super Bowl, so that I must point out, you could have watched it on Telemundo. True, so there's like practically nobody watching that halftime show that only speaks Spanish. Yet they put it in Spanish only, including the little still picture at the beginning of the musical play, that would have described for me what I was about to see, so at least I could try to follow along. But you put that in Spanish without subtitles. You wouldn't even put subtitles on that for ninety eight percent of your audience who doesn't speak Spanish.
Speaker 2: So what is the message there? I think it's unmistakable, Yes, Katie.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing videos popping up of shots from inside the stadium during the halftime show, and everybody has is just standing there with their arms crossed. Most of them, I would imagine, I'd say a good eighty percent of them.
Speaker 3: Are probably because the vast majority of them are English speakers.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Well again, you'd have to be a Spanish only speaker too to.
Speaker 2: Think that was necessary. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, Jim Garritty of the National Review, who's a very reasonable chap points out that there is Daddy. You may recall we talked about this showing the Taylor Swift effect on viewership of Chiefs games and advertising rates and stuff like that, and she generated hundreds of millions of dollars for the NFL across all equivalent brand values. I don't doubt that a bit radio, digital, news, print, news, et cetera. And he goes into a bit of detail on that. Now you can quibble with the particular numbers, but there's no doubt that a whole lot of Taylor Swift fans start buying Travis Kelce jerseys and watching the game who otherwise would not have made those purchases or watched those games. Whether we like football, whether we football fans like it or not, Goodell in the league are going to continue to try to sell the game to people who aren't that into football. Next year, the NFL is going to play nine regular season games in overseas stadiums Australia, Brazil, Paris, Munich, Spain, Mexico City, three games in London. Goodell, seemingly with the consent of the owners, is determined to turn the NFL into a global game. And he doesn't just mean geographically, it means across all demographics and corners of society.
Speaker 2: So that's it.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a parable involving a goose that could lay golden eggs that because they're counting on you won't care that one of your team's home games that you would have gone to won't exist because it'll be in another country.
Speaker 2: You'll still watch because you love.
Speaker 1: Football so much. That's what they're counting on, and they might be right. They might be right, and they'll turn it into a you know, I don't know what the numbers are. It's huge, but they'll turn it into a five billion dollar business per year to a fifty billion by expanding.
Speaker 2: And you know, if they think they can do that, that's a pretty good wager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those games are kind of sucky and weird because the stadiums are pretty quiet, generally speaking, and the teams have been traveling for hours an hours well.
Speaker 1: And if you go to games, you're missing out on a game you could go to right right, but or at least home field advantage for one of the teams, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Roger Goodell, who's a very very smart man, said to himself, all right, what percentage of the current audience will we like so offend we will lose them as opposed to the Spanish speaking world, How many of them will take this as a big wet kiss? And he did the numbers and thought, it's with the riskless do it.
Speaker 2: That's it period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd see it more culturally where well do you have to Hillary Clinton clip?
Speaker 2: Wherever that is? Can you figure out what number that is? Hillary Clinton? We played the whole clip of this last week.
Speaker 1: When Hillary was running for president in two thousand and eight against Barack Obama, she gave a strong speech about illegal immigration. Now illegally they need to get in line. They committed a crime, they need to pay their back. The visor needs to be a penalty and this.
Speaker 2: And you have to try to learn English.
Speaker 1: So as recently as two thousand and eight, you could go around saying and if you're here, you need to learn English because in this country we speak English. To the halftime show yesterday without a word of English and not even the slightest help.
Speaker 2: With understanding what was going on. He's there are a lot, a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I gotta believe the majority of people who didn't dig that being in all Spanish.
Speaker 2: And our idiot troll who text you at.
Speaker 1: Early racism to want your entertainment to be in your own language?
Speaker 2: How is that racism?
Speaker 1: I mean, good lord, if I go to a movie and it's in a different language and there's no subtitles, why am I here?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anybody who had claim that is just again, I'm moron, and I'm not going to waste my time arguing with them. You know, all of a sudden, the branch having a halftime show.
Speaker 2: That's entirely in Mandarin. I mean, what are they supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Cheer for the diversity of it and the idea that here it comes multicultural America.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that. Yeah, No shared values, no shared history.
Speaker 1: Not a show language that's never worked anywhere in the history of the planet.
Speaker 3: No common reverence for the principles of the country. No, just everybody does their own thing. Good luck with that, friend, good luck. And it's not a xenophobia thing at all. I like to travel, I like exploring. I've been studying foreign foreign cultures and governments since I was a kid.
Speaker 2: I'm fascinated by it.
Speaker 3: But the idea that you can have a multi cultural country is foolish.
Speaker 1: You're threatened by the browning of America. Okay, do you have some of the lyrics for us when we come back? I do, absolutely charming. I actually don't know anything about the lyrics of any of the songs.
Speaker 3: Children, Hid your wives, Hide your hosband and tied your grandparents.
Speaker 1: Okay, your and your text four one, five, two nine KFTC.
Speaker 5: This is your favorite president and this message is for bad Bunny, whereas I call him the nasty rabbit Elkanejo desa gradable. He's a nasty rabbit and a stupid rabbit.
Speaker 1: That is not actually Donald Trump, but Donald Trump did put out a post very similar to that. By the way, we got several texts from people who say, my wife or husband speaks fluent Spanish and couldn't understand it what he said, Well that that certainly could be true. I watched Kendrick Lamar last year and I don't know if I understood a word of that, and it was in.
Speaker 2: English, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and again, taste in music varies. I don't happen to love hip hop. I'm never going to love it. Some's very very clever and smart, but it's just not my thing, and that's fine.
Speaker 2: A lot of people like it. I'm not threatened by that.
Speaker 3: It's it's great, but the specifics of it the entirely Spanish, with not a single effort to bring around or bring along the English speaking audience, and the particulars of the lyrics which had to be bleeped out a fair amount, as you may have noticed. For instance, Tito mi pragunto. And he asked me, if I have a lot of girlfriends, ay, a lot of girlfriends. Today I have won. Tomorrow I'll have another hat. But there's no wedding. And he asked me, if I have a lot of girlfriends, repeat, I'm going to take them all to the VIP the vip. Hey say hello to Auntie. Let's take a selfie, say cheese. Let the ones already f smile in a vip va a p ai and it goes on in that manner.
Speaker 2: Well, and he lists all the girls.
Speaker 3: He's stopping the one from Barcelona that came by plane and says that my D is on fire.
Speaker 1: See a doctor, get a shot. They got a shot. Now. Well, I've always been confused by why halftime music is so sexual, given it's the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: Are watching, Well, he's been surprised by that. Uh, got another good one for you.
Speaker 3: My D is being chased and I want you to hide it, grab it like a bonga. She took a pill that made her horny. She blanks in the audi not in the Honda E.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start saying that grab it like a bonga.
Speaker 2: See if that gets me in here? Smooth smooth, Oh yes, so clever.
Speaker 1: Now to those of you who are saying, why didn't you switch over to the Turning Point USA halftime show, Well, a couple of reasons. One, I didn't order to find it, and it would have taken me three seconds to figure it out, which is more than I was willing to take. Uh. And I wanted to watch what you know, the vast majority of America was watching one hundred and thirty five million people.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: But you know, I don't know what songs Kid Rock saying yesterday. I did see that he came out in a fur quote quote in gene Shorts, which I.
Speaker 2: Really didn't perfect.
Speaker 1: But you know his lyrics aren't exactly family friendly throughout the years either. I mean, come on, I wasn't a big Kid Rock fan when he was b and not just a cultural gesture right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So no, I didn't bother, but.
Speaker 1: It is why does everything have to be? Are you a fort Trumper against drumpa cut in a halftime show?
Speaker 2: You can't just.
Speaker 1: Ascertain how you feel about it other than through the lens of politics.
Speaker 2: Which side am I on here right perfectly? Okay? If on your left to think, you know, I don't speak English, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't really dig the music or whatever, or on the right to think, yeah I didn't. I'm not in a bad bunny, But I didn't need to see kid Rock screaming either, So I mean, it's okay, doesn't really mean what you feel about the country, and you'll be happier that way too, Take it from me. Just the never ending culture war. Oh, it's exhausting. I should have watched the Puppy Bull. Very clever, though all those little trees on the field were people. Did you notice at the end of it when the little trees stood up and ran off?
Speaker 2: What a great idea for moving.
Speaker 1: Props in and off of stage right, put humans in all of them instead of having five hundred people run out on the field and have to carry them off. They all stood up, and the plants stood up and ran off themselves.
Speaker 3: So you just stand there and in the middle of your what is that sugar cane or something?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't speak Spanish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just stand there twiddling your thumbs. Second, about five minutes in I guess five more minutes to go, and then you run off when they tell you run off. And as Mark Alpern wrote this morning in his newsletter, was I supposed to know that that was Lady Gaga and Ricky Martin because I didn't. I didn't either till I heard it this morning. I had no idea that was Lady Gaga, and I had no idea that that one dude.
Speaker 2: Was Ricky Martin. So I guess that was a bruner. I identified her by her tattoos.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you, No, but I didn't know that. And I don't know how to fit into the story because I don't know what the story was because I don't speak Spanish.
Speaker 2: So that's an interesting development.
Speaker 1: And why is Green Day singing American idiot before the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Green Day? I don't know. But do you know the words of that song? They're America haters.
Speaker 1: That's not really an America hating song for the super Bowl, the biggest audience.
Speaker 2: Of the year. That's not sometimes George Bush, what Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: So I was trying to find the audio clip of Lindsey Vaughn crashing, but I know that was a really big story. Yes, today as she attempted to ski down that dang hill, having completely blown on her ACL a week ago.
Speaker 2: Man, oh man? Was that was that? Uh?
Speaker 1: Was that bravery and guts? Or was that just really really ill advised?
Speaker 3: She did two successful training runs, but when she was, you know, hell bent for speed in the official competition, she wiped out bad So a.
Speaker 1: Week after blow up completely blowing on her acls, she skis in a couple of seconds into her run, she crashes breaks a bone in her leg. Report say she was screaming as she slid down the hill in pain. Then was helicoptered out of there, and they keep reporting it as and she had surgery and things are looking good. Well that's good to hear.
Speaker 2: Good forward. Can you imagine how painful that'd be?
Speaker 1: Your your blown ACL had to hurt like hell because your legs got all twisted every which direction. And then the additional broken bone which caused her to scream as she slid down the hill. I watched it live during during the day actually, and the NBC actually hit the delay because they didn't want to show the crash. I didn't haven't seen the crash, and they're not replaying it on NBC News. But some of the pictures I've seen with her legs twist a different direction. It looks pretty gruesome. Oh goodness, man, So here's a nice transition. This is substantially more charming. I happened to play golf yesterday with a friend who has a close family slash friend relationship with a figure skating coach of great Renn has worked with champions and stuff like that, and worked with the ice dancing team, the American ice dancing team that's done so beautifully so far at the Olympics, and was talking to the gal.
Speaker 3: It's a husband wife team. Interestingly, it's kind of a funny story. The guy and my friend's wife were dancing at this bar they were at, and he was popping down in drinks with a little ice skating gal who was hanging with him anyway. But he was asking her about her career because if you watch the ice age dancing or the pairs figure skating there, they just throw the woman in the air, she spins and he catches her and blah blah blah, what does that look like when you're not very good at it? When you're trying to get good at it? And she was telling stories about that.
Speaker 1: She said, I spent my entire youth black and blue.
Speaker 2: I'd have to imagine.
Speaker 1: I saw a clip a quad God talking about like the backflip stuff that he did in competition last night, and he said, you have to completely commit to it every time, because if you even just a tiny bit don't completely commit to it, you're gonna land on your head and break your neck.
Speaker 2: Wow, And I'm sure that's true. I've always wondered that on a lot of that stuff. How do you work up to it?
Speaker 1: Like the big ski jump? What's the what's the I can't do this so you can do it? The in between part?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: I'm guessing they've got different sizes right skill levels. At the few places around the globe where they would have that sort of thing, there must be or you're you're attached to wires or something like that, because otherwise you'd try it, break both your legs, recover for a year, miss.
Speaker 1: Your concussion, then try it again that right eye, Yeah, then try it again.
Speaker 2: It'd be very slow process. Can't even imagine.
Speaker 1: I got to read this one text just because we've been talking about a halftime show so much. We got a lot of these, Hey guys, The Turning Point halftime show was so nice. If he didn't know this Turning Point USA, the group that Charlie Kirk started and then he got assassinated and now his wife is running. They put on a show and it had Kid Rock and a whole bunch of other people, a few country artists sang. Kid Rock did one short number in his Crazy Outfit beautiful ballad, very patriotic, very touching. You should have watched that. So yeah, I don't know. I'd rather not have any politics of any kind. Of course, you know I wasn't getting away from politics by staying at the super.
Speaker 2: Bowl obviously, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did think it was pretty funny that the two Polar Bears got caught on the camera at the concert hugging each other and kiss.
Speaker 2: Oh that was pretty funny. Yeah, yeah, that was good.
Speaker 3: So on a couple of completely different topics, I found this back to back pretty interesting headlines in the Wall Street Journal, America reclaims its dominance in space. First man moon missions since nineteen seventy two will launched next month. China, meanwhile, is struggling. We've got a really nice edge in dominating space, which we'd sure as held better, because if China's dominating it, it will be to the detriment of mankind.
Speaker 2: Let's see, we want to say.
Speaker 3: It sees the resource rich areas near the lunar South Pole Bill Nelson, then administrator of NASA in twenty twenty three, So the Chinese might assert sovereignty over the Moon itself. Stopping them didn't seem a Biden administration priority, especially when space capsule safety programs stranded to American astronauts at the International Space Station for more than nine months. Trump famously came in with Elon munksk and got everybody back.
Speaker 1: But China is really struggling. So this is a nice area of dominance, and I hope you exploit it. Wouldn't that be a bold move if China just declares the Moon is theirs, or if we just declare the moon is ours?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then this headline the Chinese factory that opened in the US and clobbered its rivals. And it's about this glass company that supplies like windshield glass and window glass to the big automakers. And it started by a Chinese company, it came to the US. When do they say it's like fifteen years ago and was cited as just a great thing to revive the economy and the Chinese. Look, the Chinese are investing in the US since they opened allegedly with illegal immigrant labor from China and illegal government subsidies from the communist Chinese. They put a bunch of American companies out of business, putting tons and tons of people out of work in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Indiana. Says who is this being quoted? He's an industry expert. The entry of Chinese firms in the US auto industry not only threatens the safety and security of domestic supply chains, but jeopardize entire communities that rely on American manufacturing jobs. So it's just it's yet another example. And this is, you know, back to our previous discussion. We need national unity because we are in a century long preme wrestling match with China and they have complete unity.
Speaker 2: And so what do we do with this?
Speaker 3: China says, your principles are open society, excellent. We're gonna spread our propaganda. We're going to give you TikTok. We're going to invest in companies, then ruin your industries. Meanwhile, their society is completely closed and inflamingly racist by the way, and secretive in a police state.
Speaker 2: How do we deal with that? We need unity to deal with that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of TikTok, I heard there are a couple of your big TikTok influencers she made a lot of money on TikTok trying to put together some sort of legal complaint or something, saying the algorithm is not the same. Their views have dropped off substantially since the new TikTok hit and it being sold to them as the same product is.
Speaker 2: A violation of this or that or something. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: That's interesting because I've been reading conservatives saying, hey, Beijing areas from the National Review, the algorithm remains under Beijing's watchful eye, and byte Dance is the strongest ownership position inside the new consortium.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 3: This isn't a divestment, it's a smoke screen. TikTok will remain under byte Dance's effective control.
Speaker 2: Wow. What if it's the worst of two worlds.
Speaker 1: They still have the same amount of spying on you, but the algorithm for just feeding you stuff and making money is not as good.
Speaker 2: Could be both.
Speaker 3: Well, that'll week in the spying, I would sure, yeah, we should have bootered them out completely. And for what it's worth, this is a factor in what Trump will be impeached for when the Democrats take the House. It's the three way relationship between Trump's company and his sons, the UAE, and China.
Speaker 1: You should break that down for us maybe next segment, like in full or impartial, just so it's on our radar speaking of TikTok and influencers. Not to make everything about the super Bowl, but it is how I spent most of my day yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was amazed at this.
Speaker 1: And you wouldn't know unless you're hanging out with the teenager. How many of the commercials that came on where there's a person who I just think is like, you know, a bit player in the commercial, they're nobody, They're just, you know, every man, somebody standing at the counter of a.
Speaker 2: Cell phone store. Oh my god, I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: My son would say is a giant star in the YouTube world or TikTok world that I didn't even like, didn't even know was anybody. And that happened over and over and over with various commercials, and I thought, Wow, they're reaching people on multiple levels, so they'd have some star there that my son is probably like, that's just some good looking guy announcer, not a giant movie star. And then the other dude over there, some young black guy, is a huge star.
Speaker 2: Among people in my kids world, and I didn't even know it was anybody. It reminds me of nineteen seventy. I was watching the Super Bowl and my children said, who's that?
Speaker 3: I said, that's Lola Falana, the Great Lola Falana.
Speaker 2: Oh do you not know the Great Lola Falana?
Speaker 1: Even We were at Target a couple of weeks ago and we were in the uh uh men's grooming uh section because my teenage boys have started to decide they really care how they look and smell and whatnot.
Speaker 2: But they're always a welcome development, isn't it.
Speaker 1: There was an ad there and I thought it was just you know, when you have regular people, you know, holding your products on a sign for Kmart or JC Penny or whatever, it is not a star anyway. Is some group of like the biggest influencers on YouTube that myself, Oh my god, I can't believe so and so is doing Target commercials. I wonder how often that happens, right, and it's getting so niche for all these different things that I don't know. We're probably all exposed to it every single day, where you recognize the influencer.
Speaker 2: And I don't, and vice versa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my twenty five year old daughters into that sort of thing and will send me stuff she really likes occasionally and I'll check it out and the number.
Speaker 2: Of views would be the envy of CBS videws. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one group I wish I could remember the name. I wrote it down.
Speaker 1: Of these guys who just they basically watch videos and then make snarky comments about them.
Speaker 2: That's what they do.
Speaker 1: And they are huge, Like you just said, they get so many more views than anything on cable could even help. I mean, they're a bigger star than any cable news host. I mean it's not even worth mentioning. And then you get to the big networks and they dominate that in terms of eyeballs or recognition, and they're lost on me com lately. That's a good thing if you can get it, although it's kind of similar to what we do. You just observe the world and make snarky comments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that divide it reminds me a little bit of what we've been talking about in reference to the Super Bowl and the halftime showing Bad Bunny and the rest of it. The Roger Goodell the world are looking at that as the future, including the Spanish speaking world, and you know, we've said plenty about that, and probably we'll say some more. But yeah, they're realizing that's where the eyes are, that's where the money is, that's where we're going.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I agree with that, and I'm in the advertising world myself, obviously, How could there be a bigger market? Everybody wants to get into the US market because it is such a great market. We were the richest country on Earth. We spend money like crazy. Everybody wants American eyeballs, and we got the NFL thinking now, we don't want that, we want some mills. Venezuelan's yeah, for some reason. Right, interesting. Well, I guess we'll wait twenty years and see who's right. Joe's going to explain to us what Trump's going to get impeached about if the Democrats take the House, and they almost certainly will, among other things we got coming up on the show Stay here.
Speaker 2: I just know the years of watching her at sheievil Ski, at her limit. The tone is set right here.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that's Lindsey vonn crashing.
Speaker 2: That was not good. That was not good. Michael played forty four and I have an excuse for this. I hope for the best for her. I hope that it's that it's not too bad.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean my heart aches for her.
Speaker 2: It's it's such a brutal sport.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that's us skier. Breezy Johnson. Can I call myself Breezy Johnson or would that seem weird?
Speaker 1: So many of these Olympic athletes have super cool names, like the parents knew they were going to be something.
Speaker 2: Breezy Johnson is the gold medal winner. It's a cool name. Hey. By the way, real quick, I just came across this.
Speaker 1: Uh. Ricky Martin's uh song during halftime was a warning about modern day colonialism.
Speaker 2: In case you weren't where super.
Speaker 1: Got that from the New York Times critic. Maybe we'll read more of that later, so you have the slightest idea what happened.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking at the clock.
Speaker 3: We can scratch the surface of this, which is probably enough for now. Andy McCarthy of the National Review and the Wall Street Journal and other places is a rock solid, very serious, fair minded conservative, former federal prosecutor writes about the law and that sort of thing generally, and he's you know, we're fans. He has unleashed a five part series most I think three or four parts of it so far in National Review, originally about the ties between the Trump family and Steve Whitkoff, by the way, and Jared Kushner and the uaes trillions of dollars in free cash and the communist Chinese And here is the thumbnail sketch of what Trump will be impeached for as soon as the Democrats take that out.
Speaker 1: Keeping in mind Andrew McCarthy, because we read a lot of it over the years, has come to Trump's defense and a whole bunch of bogus lawsuits and stuff like that over the years when nobody else was.
Speaker 3: He was absolutely the most persuasive and powerful caller out of the law fare that was going after Trump while it was going after completely fair Anyway says it's a long story, but let's cut to the chase. In autumn of twenty four, when it became Cleari'd likely went back to White House. In about six weeks, Donald Trump and his friend Steve Whitcoff founded a crypto business called World Liberty Financial WLF was and remains an ideal vehicle for leveraging political power in search of financial game. Crypto's shrouded mystery and intrigue. The public generally doesn't understand it. The Federal Reserves has just two percent of Americans use crypto to pay for anything in.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: The value that investors promote and customers purchase at VEIG is vague. Hence, a crypto business, whether in token's currency or other iterations, is an ideal way to disguise political payoffs as financial transactions. Because they have sons who do not hold government positions and could Austin ostensibly run the crypto business. Trump at his Middle East endvoy Witkoff would be poised to claim that WLF is a private enterprise waldoff from Trump's political influence, even though that influence was a magnet for foreign investment and consumer purchases. And it has to do with the Chinese board and Canadian billionaire Felon Chang pen Joao who ran Binance, the cryptocurrency exchange, who is desperately seeking a presidential pardon, and contributed valuable technical expertise for building wlf's infrastructure. So did Jow's close associate, Shaik Tanun bin Zayed al Nayan, a top intelligence operative and the second highest ranking royal member of the United Arab Emirates, a tiny rich Gulf monarchy. Just for chuckles, their sovereign wealth fund that they invest is valued at I think it's one point two trillion dollars, and it was a three way. You scratch my back and we'll all make billions of dollars, making Hunter Biden look like the punky is. So if that is the impeachment, and that'd be a hard impeachment to sell to the people that don't already hate Trump. You could any impeachment work for the people who really really hate Trump, but it's gonna be a hard one to sell to the other crowd because this is gonna be very complicated.
Speaker 3: It's a I wouldn't say it's very complicated, but it's complicated enough to be a challenge, especially given the fact that people's eyes glaze over as soon as you start talking about crypto and crypto exchanges. What's what's the difference between a meme coin and a stable coin.
Speaker 2: I don't know, for instance. Well, you gotta figure it out. Yeah, I don't think I do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh So, anyway, House Republicans even opening in Peach. Oh, I'm sorry. They're talking about the Biden family. Andy's thumbnail is everything that Bidens did. Add two zero's to it, and you start to get an idea of what the Trump family's doing.
Speaker 1: Well, that'll sure be fun to follow if that ever happens. Okay, we get a lot more on the way. If you missed a second, we get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty